Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)
Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  967
Total Posts:  3141
  Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)
January 28, 2006 10:40:01 AM    View the profile of Evani 
"What was that about?" asked Zafo as Evani sighed when she walked out of Rizzit's office. He stood with his arms crossed over his torso, leaning against the wall. He had a quirked eyebrow, his curiosity spiked by the unpromising look on her face.

She changed her callsign a few days ago, discarding her old name Hellra. The squad is still not used to it though and constantly calls her by her previous name.

"Nother mission," she mumbled. Zafo groaned, he ruffled his light brown hair with his one hand while still leaning against the wall. Evani noticed the bandage tied around his hand. One of the many injuries the Dragoons obtained on Pzob.

She stared through the window that gazed outside, the sun barely managed to touch the ground through the heavy formations of clouds gathering for a storm.

"And what did he say about Pzob?"
Evani sighed again,
"That... she snorted,
"We're going back it seems, he wasn't happy, not really. The new mission doesn't seem that much of a blast either."
"How come?" asked Zafo, Evani forced her self to meet with his mismatched eyes, still a bit intimidated by the strange defect that resided in them.

"Get the guys in briefing room 13 while I'll load the planetary objectives and crap, I don't feel like repeating it twice" Zafo gave a curt nod as he spun on his heel and strode off to get the Dragoons.

Evani pinched the bridge of her nose in worry; they have been recuperating ever since they got back to Tadath. Garet was finally kicked from the medical bay, spending half the time he was there in bacta tanks. Dinin on the other hand was in a coma, the little knock to his head were more then his skull could take.

Evani shook her head as she released a sigh that let out a little of her pent up frustration and started trudging in the direction of the briefing rooms.

"Lets get started, take your seats people" Evani ordered as she took a seat her self at the circular table made of plastasteel. The economic build of the room with its precise decorations of vases and art pieces matching every other briefing room in the Army gave off an inhospitable vibe. The characterless room were further enhanced with durasteel chairs and filing cabinets lined against the wall.

Evani waited for everyone to get comfortable, not that the chairs provided much though. The screeching chairs scraping on the tiled floor irritated her making her snappier then she already was.

"This place needs a bit of colour, not the grey which they use. A woman's touch" muttered Garet.
"I'm glad you think so Garet, I do agree," replied Evani dryly with arched eyebrows.

Without warning the room's lights dimmed out, leaving them in soft darkness. A blue light erupted from center of the table as Evani activated the holo projector. A blue image flickered illuminating their faces with a cobalt hue as well as throwing shadows behind them.

"This is Utapau," said Evani when the planet flickered in a clear sight. Silence stretched for a few seconds as everyone merely gazed at the planet with its oceans of green lands, barren lands covered the planet's surface as well. Squall raised his head lazily from its resting position on his arm.

'Well, that's the name, what else can you tell us?" he asked, his eyes dropping down before it sprung back. Evani stifled a snicker at Squall's deadbeat face. She stole a quick glance around her, Gio seemed just as tired, and irritated as well.
Oh dear, looks like they were at the cantina yesterday she thought to her self. Evani shook her head with an amused grin. The Dragoons definitely made up what the briefing room missed. Their humour and jokes always made her beam inside no matter what. Lightening whatever situation thrown at them. Before she could answer Squall a bell chimed, signalling someone's presence at the door.

"Dammit, I thought I made it clear when I said no one should disturb us" muttered Evani angrily as she stomped her way to door, the pleasant feelings that was building up inside her gone.

She slammed her fist down on the door's activation pad, the door slid open with a pressurized hiss, the lights switched back on automatically blinding her for a moment. Before the door was properly open Evani squeezed her way through the widening gap to see who the disturbance is. A young female stared down at her with a nervous stare in her eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" she asked rudely not intimidated by the little height the woman held over her.
"Private First Class Catlin reporting for duty" replied the recruit as she snapped her heels together in a crisp salute. Her red highlights bounced with the salute as her hand flew up.
"Great time the academy chose to send one. Come on in, my apologies for the rude greeting" muttered Evani as she stepped out of the doorway and invited the new Dragoon in.

"We have a new Dragoon joining us today guys," said Evani as she turned to the squad

"Take a seat, I'm doing a mission briefing, you're just in time" ordered Evani as the recruit handed a holopad. Making sure Catlin was settled Evani took her own seat. A few minutes of tongue-tied silence passed as Evani's eyes skimmed over the pad regarding the new recruit.

"I know everything stand on this pad, but tell us a bit more yourself" said Evani at last; she stretched back into her seat as she yawned before redirecting her stare at the recruit. The woman looked at her nervously before she stood up. Evani narrowed her eyes; hopefully it would break the ice. She didn't need awkwardness between the greenie and her fellow old timer Dragoons.

Evani arched her eyebrows with an amused smirk as she noticed the woman's crinkle free uniform. Typical of recruits to wear their uniforms tip-top shape. But after a going on a few missions, hanging out with the squad, the uptight manner disappeared.

The recruit's voice cracked slightly,
"Hi, I'm Private First Class Catlin, I just passed at the academy under General Cosmic."
The Dragoons greeted her back with an enthusiastic wave and chatter. The human males around the table greeting exceptionally friendly, their white teeth shining as they beamed, Catlin gave a nervous smile at the attention she got from them. Evani, Sam and Jenna just rolled their eyes.

"Okay guys, back to the mission, I'm sure you are all glad Catlin joined us, but please. The focus is on the mission, not her," ordered Evani grinning. The boys directed their attention to Evani reluctantly while Catlin took her seat again. Squall and Gio's drowsy manners made their appearance.

For a second time that day Evani dimmed lights out, and the holo of the Utapau flickered back.

"Utapau consists of large sinkhole, stretching a few miles up and down, cities are build in these sinkholes, cities that stretches out into large caverns and caves. Take in mind that the species living underground, and the species living outside differs, the guys living downstairs is called the Utai. And the guys living upstairs on the surface of the planet is the Pau'an"

"A few months ago we noticed an large increase in activity in the underground cities. We didn't think much of it, but sent someone to find out why in anyway. The guy never returned. The last report he sent was that rumours were silently whisperings about Noghri in the lower levels of the planet. Also the security here&"

Evani paused as she zoomed in on the planet, past the moons orbiting around it, past the clouds till they could see the barren lands. Evani kept zooming till they spotted a large sinkhole; the circular sinkhole was a massive city that stretched down into darkness.

"About here, the security here is much higher then the rest of the planet. Someone is trying to hide something, something big... two more were sent. Neither returned. We don't now what happened, one day the second spy stopped corresponding with us, we sent in the third. He was shot at the spaceport on one of the moons. That means not only are we unwanted, but also it means whoever is running this has connections everywhere. Even on the moons."

Catlin shifted uncomfortable, while the rest of the Dragoons also looked around with unease. Gio and Squall lost their appetite for sleep when Evani mentioned the Noghri. They are warriors not to be fooled around with. When they went to Pzob death weren't looking for them on purpose, it merely found them,. Utapau is something else unfortunately.

"Our mission is to find out exactly what's going on, what happened with the men. What could be so important that Noghri are there if the rumours are true. If it's possible we must bring whatever it is back here. Any questions?"

Evani paused at last, and waited expectantly for any questions that may be asked. Garet raised his hand slowly,
"What happens next? If those guys couldn't slip pass, how can a squad?" Evani beamed at the question.

"That brings me to my next point, only Rizzit, and the Dragoons knows about this, info has been leaking somewhere. Going in as merchants and that kind of thing is too predictable, we are going in as slave traders. You guys can figure out among yourselves who are the slaves and who are the traders. We are leaving in a few hours. It will take us about two days to reach Utapau. By then you should all have that scruffy look, badly kept hair, and etc."

Garet raised his hand again as Evani stopped to take a sip from her glass of water.
"What should we take with Hell?"
Evani ignored the Garet's mistake with her name and continued.

"That's brings me to the next point again, We will have to skim through the surface first, find some happenings out there. Get familiarized with the locals and their news. Take your grapple guns; I'm taking a few varactyls as well. Get some trader clothing, grow a beard, do whatever you can to look the part of slave traders. I suppose you guys would want to initiate the greenie at the cantina and stuff, meet you in seven hours. Dismissed."

Chairs scraped against the floor as the dragoons stood up and stretched their legs. Evani was halfway through the door already when she stopped.

"By the way, Sam, Jenny no offence to you but since you are not human you are gonna fill the part of slaves, we are gonna need three or two more though. Catlin, sorry. We will need more females. You are one the slaves as well. Okay boys the other two slaves are up to you to decide" said Evani with a smirk as Gio, Zafo, Garet and Squall all suddenly jumped for sharing the slavers position with Catlin.

"Poor girl" muttered Evani as she walked away.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-
SL/SGT Evani/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C][CoR]

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 28, 2006 10:41:12 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 28, 2006 11:44:13 AM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  430
Total Posts:  765
  RE: Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)
January 28, 2006 12:40:09 AM    View the profile of Zafo 
Ever since his promotion to Assistant Squad Leader of the Dark Dragoons, Zafo felt a certain leadership characteristic building up inside him. If he were to go back several years, back to a time when he traveled from planet to planet, carrying out the dirty deeds of either the rich or the cowardly, he would never have predicted such a development. It was this development that caused him to volunteer himself as a slave trader almost immediately.

"Yeah, I'll do it." Zafo said, shifting his weight from side to side. Slave traders weren't exactly the type of character he had a liking for. In fact, they disgusted him. Somewhat ironic, considering his past wasn't one most people would be proud of; however, it had it's benefits.

"I'll leave you three to figure out who else wants to be a trader, I'm going to get ready."

Zafo glanced at Catlin, offering her a welcoming nod before leaving the briefing area to get himself ready. There would be plenty of time during the shuttle ride to introduce himself properly.

---------------------------------------------

"Slave trader..." The soldier muttered, as he looked at all his clothes. Zafo pulled out a dark brown long sleeved shirt from his drawer and held it up in the air. It was very baggy and some of the fabric was starting to come un-done at the end of the sleeves. He pulled the shirt over his head. The torn up sleeves hung a couple of inches longer than the tips of his fingers. The odor of fabric cleaner quick reached Zafo's nose.

"That'll have to change."

Finding his oldest pair of black pants to match, Zafo put them on as well. Zafo put on a tough face and examined himself in the mirror. Shaking his head, he pulled out one of his daggers and held it close to his clothes.

"I never liked these too much anyways." He sighed, trying to give the destruction of his clothes some sort of justification.

When Zafo had finished with the dagger, he set it on his bedside table and looked at himself in the mirror once again.

"Much better." His clothes had been reduced almost to rags. They still appeared to be half respectable, but if you were to look closely, evidence of time, struggle and over-usage could defiantly be seen.

Zafo strapped one of the smallest of his utility belts to his waist, one he had acquired before his time at the Vast Empire. It had to weapon holsters, one of them specially fitted for his gold plated pistol. In the other, he would put the recommended grappling gun. The belt was also able to hold two small grenades, and several extra energy cells for his pistol. Placing a smoke and explosive grenade into the slots, he pulled his shirt over the belt and looked at himself in the mirror, once again.

"Hardly noticeable, perfect." This was taking into consideration that Zafo knew the belt was there, others would not.

Zafo gathered the final piece of his costume; the long black cloak he brought with him on nearly every mission. It offered excellent night cover, but was even more advantageous because a chip sewn into the fabric prevented weapon or metal detectors from detecting weapons being carried by the wearer.

"Talk about a light mission. Zafo thought as checked the clock. He enjoyed getting ready early, so that he could have more relaxation time before the mission actually began. Although the time was next to insignificant, it always gave him a refreshed feeling.

Zafo pulled his datapad and necessary cards out of the pockets of the pants he was previously wearing and strolled out of his quarters. He typed up a quick message on his datapad as he merged into a crowded hallway, running into people as he glued his gaze to the screen in front of him.

"Evani, just thought It'd be a good idea to bring dirt and compost to the ship with us. You probably had it already planned, but it was just a thought passing through my head. See you in five and a half hours...maybe sooner.

Zafo"

"Now time for tradition." Zafo thought with a smile as he turned down the familiar hallway...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE  [BC] [EW2]
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited January 28, 2006 12:41:15 AM)]
Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  971
January 28, 2006 2:44:14 PM    View the profile of Evani 
"Thanks Zafo, nearly forgot," muttered Evani happily when she got Zafo's note while she was packing.
Crap
Evani grimaced at the lousy slip-up she made, she, Zafo and Gio had to be the traders. It wouldn't look good if a slave was ordering its master where to go. She quickly activated her ComLink and linked it to the rest of the Dragoons.

"Sorry guys, I miscalculated on something. Gio, Zafo and I will be the traders, know some of you would have loved the power, but hehe, my mistake" Evani gave a nervous grin to her self in her locker mirror as she cut the connection.

She quickly grabbed her trademark weapons, which included her whip, a DC-15, and of course the newest addition; a grapple gun. Setting those aside along with a few other arms, she rummaged through her closet for suitable clothing. Unlike the guys she had to look tip-top. It was rare to find female slave traders, and if you did, they dressed with certain set of style. She quickly pulled a pair of knee high leather boots, along with black pants. Next was a brown tunic that were small enough to show off her slim figure, it ended a few inches above her knees and were fastened with an artillery belt, with various places for her blaster and other bits and pieces she might need. She needed to appear dangerous, cold, rude and not someone to be messed with. Someone who didn't care for her slaves and whether or not they were ill handled or not. She looked at her self in the mirror. Something was wrong...

"Cut it," she ordered. She sat in front of a mirror, at the Army's barber.
"All of it?" he asked nervously. Usually it was only men who came to have their hair cut. Females were rare, and those he met in the army were hardened veteran shoulders with spitfire attitudes that flung their blasters at the tiniest mistake made with their hair.
"Not all of it, just very short, beneath the ears at least" Evani scoffed as she pulled the strands of her hair which hung at her shoulders. When they were cut, it would be curly spiky locks that couldn't flatten down. She always had shoulder lenght hair, but to many knew her for it. Many of her old rebel friends. The chances of meeting with them weren't very small.
Great, she thought sarcastic.
"Better make it quick, gotto meet the guys at the cantina" she snapped to the barber.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  529
Total Posts:  1305
January 28, 2006 2:59:53 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
It might have been the dehydration that made Sargeant Giovanni Bryden so cranky that morning, or it might have been the fact they were being sent to god forsaken planet with death written clearly over it in bold red letters.

On second thought, its just the dehydration... he thought to himself. Squall sat across from him staring off into nothingness with a pensive look on his face. Giovanni stood up and patted him on the back before walking past the other Dragoons onto the main hallway. There he caught sight of Evani talking to the newest recruit, Caitlin, a young woman who looked like she could break him in half.

"...Ah here he is now," started Evani. "This here is Gio, your fire team leader."

Giovanni and Caitlin exhanged glances and a handshake.

"I'd love to stay and chat ladies, but i have to get to my quarters and pack. Hope to see you on the ship." Without waiting for a response he turned around and walked briskly to the orbital shuttle pad. He hadn't gotten used to taking the shuttle back and forth between his new home and the Army base below but it was beginning to grow on him.

When he arrived he went straight to his newly acquired quarters. There he packed a new set of Stormtrooper Armor and his trusty E-11. His old set of armor lay in a pile in his closet. After the second time he was captured by the enemy he decided the damn thing was cursed. He removed his shirt and trousers and put on his mesh underarmor. Reaching under the bed he pulled out a small mahogany box. He pulled out his flask of brandy and holstered it, along with his blaster pistol. A couple of grenades and some power packs and he was on his way.

He walked through the halls of the orbital platform, with his helmet rested on the barrel of his rifle. He looked out of a large window down on the busy planet of Tadath. Even from orbit, the base took little effort to find.

He got back into the orbital shuttle and took a deep breath. Ever since his first capture he had a change of heart. He no longer awaited his missions with excitement and anticipation, but with watchful care.  His days as a rookie fresh out of the academy were gone.  Every mission, every step he took in foreign soil, every sentient being he killed, every shoot whizzing by millimeters from his head, the cries of pain... Everything hardened him just a little more.

Before he knew it, he was back on Tadath. He shook the daydream state from his mind and walked out of the shuttle.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Sergeant Giovanni A. Bryden*

FTL/SGT Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][ES][1st Class]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  431
January 28, 2006 6:40:36 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The cantina was the same as it had always been; dim and chattery, yet welcoming. Zafo's eyes scanned for familiar faces but none could be found.

"Just a matter of time." He thought, taking a seat at an empty booth in one of the far corners of the room.

Within a minute, a glass of Correlian Ale was sitting right in front of him, small amounts of foam dripping down the side of the glass. Just as he raised the glass to his lips, he saw a familiar figure walk into the dark room. Zafo watched as the man's glare darted from table to table, until at last it found what it was looking for.

"Gio," Zafo greeted as he placed his mug on the table. "How's it going?"

"Pretty Good, yourself?" The soldier answered, taking a seat and ordering a beverage for himself.

"Not to bad." Zafo raised the glass to lips once again. The cold liquid slid down his throat, sending the hairs on his arms on end.

"You look like..."

"Scum?" Zafo interrupted.

"Something like that." Giovanni concluded, letting lose a little chuckle.

The two Dragoons continued on with their conversation. Zafo's eyes darted to the cantina entrance every so often in hopes of finding more squad mates. His gaze followed a shorter figure he couldn't remember seeing before. As the person drew closer to their table, somehow, Zafo recognized her.

It was Evani, no doubt, but from a quick glance Zafo would have never guessed. The new haircut was only half the difference. She looked like someone you did not want to screw around with.

"Nice costume." Zafo commented as she took a seat beside him. "The hair too, looks good." Zafo swallowed another mouthful of ale.

Giovanni nodded his head in agreement.

"Thanks, guys." Evani said with a smile. Her hand went to her shoulder, expecting to find hair, but was then quickly put back onto the table when she felt nothing but fabric.

"Still not used to it." She smiled faintly. "Where's the rest of the gang?"

"On their way, I assume."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  979
January 29, 2006 4:30:59 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Evani drummed her fingers lazily on her blaster pistol that lied on her stomach. She sat upside down in her chair, her hair nearly touching the ground, while her feet were kicked in the air.

She has been in this position for nearly an hour. She left the Cantina hours ago, and was now waiting for the squad to arrive.  She looked at her nails bored, just before she got the hangar she had her face touched up with light make up. She yawned and looked at her watch for a tenth time that hour.

Where are they? she asked her self as she started to swing her feet around in the air.  She yawned again while racking her hand through her hair. She might as well catch a bit of sleep while waiting.

"Hell..."
"Five minutes and I'm up," mumbled Evani sleepily at the male voice.
"Hell wake up" said the voice again ignoring, he shook her on her knee lightly. Wait her knee? Where was she? Evani jolted up from her upside down position. Her big mistake, as soon as she sat upright she lost her balance and toppled with the chair to the ground.

"Dammit Zafo" she grumbled when she could hear him chuckling while she tried to untangle her self from the chair's legs.
"Your fault for sleeping like that in the first place" he replied. When Evani sat upright at last, she discovered to her embarrassment the whole squad staring at her. Blushing scarlet red she stood off to brush her self off.

Composing her self she studied her squad and their new looks. Garet didn't look to impress with the whole slaves business. Evani frowned when she looked at him and trudged over. She studied him from head to toe. He wore plain cream coloured pants that still needed to get dirty. Evani looked at the tunic disapprovingly, it was made from a cheap material that could easily rip. But it had to look that part as well. It had the smallest amount rips and cuts.

Garet looked at her with a glare, she knew was not it nor for the respect he had her, he would have lost his temper a long time ago.
Evani beamed a sugar sweet smile at him, which he returned with a scowl. She poked him with her finger on his shoulder.

"Do you like this shirt?"
He scowled even more, knowing Garet it meant no. He wasn't the type to waste his money on this type of clothing. He liked to work in style and class. Being a slave was not style.

Evani unsheathed her dagger and with a quick tug on his sleeves she cut it off at his shoulder.
"That looks better" she said satisfied while Garet kept glowering at her. Evani snickered when she looked at Zafo. He really seemed to fit his given part perfectly. Evani could make out the faint traces of a blue beard making its way on his face. He already skipped his daily shaving ritual. His ragged clothing was however hidden by a cloak in order to prevent unnecessary attention to be drawn to them. 

"Lets get on the ship, once we have launched in the air, I will tell you the next phase regarding the ship." She ordered. The squad glanced at her quizily noticing for the first time they weren't transported with the standard shuttles.

A few hours later
Evani coughed as they sat in a cramped briefin

"In a few hours time we are going to jump ship, some rusty old tank the Empire managed to come up with, please take in mind what you say when you're onboard the other ship. We will be sharing quarters with creatures, and other humans who share the status of scums as well. We needed to get out off from Tadath not looking too suspicious." Said Evani, the squad stood in a tight little circle around her as they listened.

"Get your self some new identities as well, I can't think of anything to say more, and you Zafo?" asked Evani, she turned her self to Zafo in order to face him.

"Feel free to buy slaves, we can set them free later, or recruit them, if we don't buy it won't look so good," ordered Zafo, Evani gave a curt nod, thanking Zafo silently for remembering that as well.

"Okay, that's it for now, sort out on whose, whose slave" ordered Evani. The small group broke up silently while Evani quickly talked things over with Gio and Zafo before setting out.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Garet Daimun
ComNet Cadet

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  295
Total Posts:  1348
February 1, 2006 9:41:49 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
The trip in the shuttle was horrible. It was cramped, unlike the more accommodating dropships they were regularly in. Not to mention the ratty clothing Garet was wearing, it made him itch all over and it kept no heat in; Garet was freezing by this point. To add to that, they were going to Utapau, the epitome of the Outer Rim planets. And then there was the Noghri; death in physical form.  Rizzit was apparently mad&

Garet simply sat still on the flight, waiting for anything to happen. Nobody was talking or saying anything about the mission. There was no movement, except the occasional tip of the flask from Gio. Garet noticed Caitlin, who appeared a little jumpy and nervous; who wouldn't be if they were a slave on their first mission?

Garet had an idea of what was on everyone's mind: Dinin had suffered a head injury and fallen into a coma. Dinin was appreciated throughout the squad, and his loss impacted everyone. Garet was sure Evani was worried about him. The failure of the first mission reflected on her, and Dinin was just salt on the wound.

Evani finally started some commotion. She ordered the slaves to get with the owners, which started excitement. Garet just sat and watched.

(yeah.. not that great.)

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 
TRP/CPL Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."-Douglas Adams
Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  983
February 3, 2006 1:58:11 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Evani yawned, tired already. She clapped her hands a few times together to gain the attention of her fellow squad mates. The gesture proved to be effective and she looked them over. Squall and Jennabelle were under Gio's command, while Sam and Catlin was with Zafo. Garet were under her command much to his displeasure. They stood in front of the hangar doors waiting for it to open its rusted doors. After a few minutes more people and race joined them at their side, to to step over to the other transport as well.

Unspoken thoughts ran through each of them as a count down began. They were about to transfer ships, and join the scums of the galaxy.

Evani yawned again as she twirled a lock of hair around one of her slender finger. She threw a last glance at her squad, meeting each of their eyes with her own. Zafo gave her a brief nod. At once her face snapped to a stone cold scowl as she slipped in her new identity. Gem Viper.

She threw her bags to Garet who caught it with a frown. Evani didn't return her usual playful scowl or smirk in his direction, but stepped through the opening gap of the hangar door. A sour odour crept up in her nose of old sweat and the ship hygiene problems it seems to be experiencing.

In hidden shock Evani managed to sense from her squad as they walked down the narrow corridor they continued their way. Rust clung to the once, possibly beautiful walls. Water and other fluids dripped from various places from the low ceiling. While one or two light flickered constantly proving to some irritation to Evani's eyes. The dim lights illuminated the hallway barely, every thing and everyone's faces hidden in shadows much to their own relief of being uncovered.

Evani suppressed the shiver crawling down her spine. It has been almost a year since she has walked in ships around like these. Back when she used to be on the enemies' side. Most of the slime walking around them immediately made way for her, but then again there was a few exceptions.  A burly Twilek male passed her. Their shoulders briefly touched as they pass each other. Briefly touch however was not what happened with Garet.
"Hey watch it!" he yelled out angrily towards the twilek when the latter merely pushed him out of the way. Garet dropped the bags to floor unceremoniously, his hands drawn in clenched fists. He didn't blink when the barrel of a blaster were pointed in his face. Evani groaned inwardly.

She threw a warning glance to Gio and Zafo to stay out of it when they made actions to draw their arms. Zafo, who caught the glance earlier, put an arm over Gio's hand halting him. Evani silently thanked him again for the second time that day. He really was a life saviour.
"Who do you think you are you little piece of filth?" he barked rudely. To Evani's discomfort, shadows were starting gather around them in a tight circle. Security, justice and law had no place here. Only the strong survives. Evani stepped forward to break the silence.

"Ganler, that's enough" she said in a smooth voice. Garet looked up to her with anger. He hated this. He made a motion to step back when the Twilek grabbed him around the wrist and pulled him back into the barrel of his blaster.

"He should be punished," ordered the Twilek, while he twisted his hand pushing his blaster in Garet's neck in. From where Evani stood she could see circular markings making its way on Garet's dark skin.

"He will be dealt with his...impulsive behaviour, leave that to me" said Evani, she risked another step. The Twilek seemed to have other plans on his mind. Malice smiled on his face. Throwing caution to the wind, Evani quickly dared a few more steps till she was standing next to Garet, with Gio and Zafo behind her.

"Don't bother, he is out of your hands now, " the Twilek snapped his pale yellow fingers, a few seconds later a humanoid with a robust build stepped in the circle of spectators.
"You called Toro'bec?" he asked. Evani secured the name tightly in the back of her mind. The Twilek whom goes by the name Toro nodded, he stepped away from Garet, though his blaster was still aimed at Garet.
"These petty humans needs to learn what it means when showing disrespect around me, why don't you use him as an example of him," said Toro in a sneer. The manservant stifled a snicker while a vibro axe protruded from behind his back.

Soft gasps could be heard among the excited murmurs from their spectators.
"Gladly boss, I've been need vent some time now" he raised the axe above his head. His black eyes glistened. Garet twitched again, his fists raised in a defensive manner.

Suddenly a whip lashed out from Evani, it curled around the servant neck skilfully. She gave it a quick tug crippling his oxygen supplies. 

"As he gasped for breath, Evani glared at Toro coldly.
"Maybe I should you an example of what happens when someone messes with me," she said icily.  She scowled defiantly.
"Ganler, make your self useful and get my stuff from the floor" she ordered. Evani continued her way across the corridor. As they passed Toro's executioner, Evani pulled her blaster out to help him a bit more.

A few minutes later, she plopped her self on the pallet in their small cramped bunkroom. Garet glared at her.
"I don't like what just happened" he said curtly.
"I don't like it either," snapped Evani.
"You looked that guy in the eye, and you killed him. It's easy I know, but you? Coming from you, its not your style." He crossed his arms over his ragged clothing while staring at Evani with a frown.
Evani tried to make a comeback, but found none. Garet was right. She tried to ignore it, but she noticed Zafo's lightly shocked face. They got to know her as the soft and friendly girl at the barracks, who felt guilt when shooting at the gamorreans.

"You fit your current identity rather well," he said, his scowl lightening slightly.
"We have a job to do, a mission. If I have an identity crisis, then it's my problem. I had to do something; you would have been minced meat " Muttered Evani while she waited for Zafo to get to their room. Zafo and Gio couldn't leave immediately. It would only draw attention to them selves, and indicate that they were following her, or they knew each other.

"You know I could have handled that problem perfectly, I'm not martial artist for nothing" replied Garet.
Evani remained silent. Was she looking for a reason to kill the guy on purpose?
"This is bad, the whole mission will be like this, wont it?" asked Garet worriedly. Evani gave a silent nod.
"Yeah, but lets keep our heads positive"
She looked at her surroundings. Acid water dropped from a leak in the roof, dripping tiny holes to floor. The floor it self rivalled the walls in years. Rust peeled of from the durasteel, while sour smells of human soil emitted from her pallet.

She threw a glance at Garet, she grinned weakly which he replied.
"Yeah, lets keep our head positive." He muttered as he resumed his crossed arms stance. 

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Garet Daimun
ComNet Cadet

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  297
February 3, 2006 5:34:53 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
With no other interruptions or encounters, the under cover dragoons rested. A couple times an "owner" would get up and leave somewhere, followed by a "slave"; but that was it. Garet and Evani found that much of the time the rest of the way to Utapau they were alone.

Evani finally sat up from her lying position and spoke. "You've been quiet lately, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine," Garet replied in an annoyed tone.

"Oh&" Evani's voice lost it's enthusiasm. "So, I've been thinking about earlier. About the situation with. I can't be responsible for all your actions& I mean, I can't be there all the time. Not in this scenario."

"I know, I could've handled it before."

"Had you handled it, you probably would've ended up dead."

Garet just sat in discontent. It wasn't like him to just sit back and let things happen when he was able to do something about it. She was right this time, though. He could've made that situation a lot worse.

A couple hours and a lot more silence later, the ship had arrived above one of the many craters on Utapau. All the passengers on board were put into transport ships and landed inside the city. Evani and Garet hadn't seen Zafo and Gio's groups since the ship.

Evani whispered so none of the crowd around them could hear. "Alright Garet, from now on you refer to me as Gem Viper, and I refer to you as Ganler. One slip up on either of our parts could jeopardize the mission."

Garet stayed silent for a couple seconds, and then replied unenthusiastically "Yes ma'am."

The two of them walked around the hangar and surrounding area for the better part of an hour, looking for Zafo and Gio. Finally, after no luck, Evani led them to a "sidewalk" cantina. They sat down, and Evani gave Garet a funny look. Garet replied with a look of his own that said "what?"

"Ganler, what do you think you're doing? Get up, you lazy worm!"

Garet immediately shot up. "Get me a drink, now!" Evani tossed some credits at him.

Garet left with shock, he never saw it coming. He walked up to the counter and began to order a drink when he was interrupted.

"We don't serve slaves, you'll have to take your credits somewhere else," said the bartender.

"But&" Garet started, but was cut off again.

"I said leave, scum."

Garet left getting intensely angered by this. He was about to get back to the table when someone stepped in front of him.

"Well, if it isn't the little slave boy?" said the Twi'Lek, Toro, condescendingly. "You should know that there are rules around here boy?"

Evani shot up from her seat but was intercepted by two guards.

Toro continued. "Your master disgraced me back on the ship. What is an appropriate justice? Hm? Should I take her life, as she took one of my slaves?" Toro laughed. "No, I can't do that. No one would ever do business with me, and the punishment would be uneven. Instead, your life is forfeit. Men, take him."

Evani struggled to get past, put stopped as the guards took out Vibroswords. She attempted at her whip, but didn't want to bring attention to herself in such an open space. "Toro, that slave is mine. You do not have the right to&"

"The right?! I have more than the right. You take one of my slaves, I take one of yours." At that, he walked away, followed by his guards, followed by Evani.

"What will you do with him?" She said, pursuing the Twi'Lek.

"I was going to just execute him, but I haven't seen a good pit fight in a while."

Evani secretly was panicking, but she seemed calm on the outside. They walked towards a metal door on the side of a small hallway. When they got there, they stopped and opened it. Evani was about to follow Garet and the guards in, but was stopped by Toro holding a cane.

"Ah ah ah, combatants only. Spectators go through the main gates. Follow me." And so she did, leaving Garet to the mercy of the pit.

The prisoner's rooms were dank and dim lit. There were many scrawny looking men inside; poorly fed and poorly trained. Garet stuck out amongst them. There were three guards standing in front of a large metal door, which probably led to the arena. In front of Garet was a rack with weapons on it, ranging from knives and swards to whips and nets.

Garet was shoved by Toro's guards, making him fall. "The crowd wants a good fight today, don't disappoint them," one of the guards said, while the other laughed.
Garet got up as they left and immediately walked over to the weapon rack. He looked down at the various weapons. He picked up a Vibrosword and tossed it in the air. It was light: the vibration cell had been taken out. He picked up all the other various weapons. All of them had disadvantages to them.

After careful consideration, Garet picked up an unpowered Electrostaff. He started to swing it around rapidly, moving towards a wooden test dummy in one of the corners. He hit the dummy a couple times before he was called.

"Next round&" yelled one of the three Guards, "Next round is for Ganler. Ganler, step forward!"

Garet appeared in front of the Guards. One of them began to open the door, light began to peer through and shine on Garet.

"Watch yourself, you're facing the champ," said one of the Guards as Garet walked past.

The arena was well lit compared to the Prisoner's rooms. Though from the light in the arena itself, you couldn't see the crowd. Garet could hear them though, they were all cheering and some were yelling out bets. Little did Garet know that Evani and Toro were sitting in a VIP box at the top of the crowd.

There was a high wall to keep the Prisoners from escaping. Garet noticed this. He had been hoping there was a flaw he could capitalize on, but there was no such thing. The ground was made of sand, most likely to absorb the blood.

Garet walked forward and stopped twenty feet away from his opponent. He was a slender, shirtless man, with many large scars on his torso. He had been through many battles. He stood with his head and arms down, holding two vibroswords. Garet only hoped those were inactive too.

The crowd grew louder, and an announcer came on. He spoke a language which Garet couldn't understand, but the crowd went wild at his announcement. The announcer's voice stopped and a horn sounded.

Garet's opponent (known as the Champion Horad), came at him fiercely. He was a lot faster than Garet assumed him to be. Horad was on him within three strides and coming down with his swords. Garet rolled clumsily to dodge this attack as Horad blew past. Harod stood watching as Garet got up. Garet took a near squatting position, holding his left hand out and the Electrostaff horizontally behind his back.

Horad charged again, but this time Garet was prepared. In one smooth motion, he twisted his body as Horad came past, planting his staff in the ground so Horad tripped; and, as Horad fell, rotated his staff so it hit the Champion into the ground. Garet jumped back to let Horad up, taking the same stance as before.

Again Horad charge, but Garet did something different. As Horad brought his swords down from above his head, Garet held his staff horizontally so they hit each other. After the recoil, each took their turns striking and blocking; each time they hit, sparks were sent flying and clangs filled the stadium. Horad once went on a frenzy where he just kept wildly striking, forcing Garet to block while taking steps back. At the end of this, Garet missed a block and one of Horad's swords sliced through the side of his forearm. Horad ran around the arena pumping up the crowd as Garet got back to his feet.

This got Garet enraged. He had let himself open for attack, and paid the price. Garet saw his opportunity. He advanced on Horad quickly, and him eleven times with accurate spins of his staff. The last such hit got Horad in the head, and left him stunned. Garet took advantage of this to end the match.

Horad had his swords down, his knees bent, and his neck exposed. Garet slammed his staff into Horad's neck-so he couldn't breath-and then thrusted it into his stomach; the power of the blast throwing him five feet into the arena wall. The same horn that started the match sounded and ended the match. Much of the crowd screamed with excitement and vigor, while some booed at the poor performance of the champion.

Garet just stuck his staff into the sand and walked towards the now open door to the Prisoner's rooms.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."-Douglas Adams
Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  996
February 4, 2006 5:19:46 PM    View the profile of Evani 
OOC: Not my best post, but heh, the story needs life

Evani clenched and unclenched her fists angrily. Toro smirked. They sat in the Top box watching Garet as he fought. Much to Evani pleasure, and Toro's displeasure Garet won. What Evani's usual watchful eyes didn't notice was Toro's suddenly excited face as if he was realising something.

"Strong one it is" he sneered as Garet's enemy fell to the ground. Evani smirked slightly.
"He's not for sale" she looked up, her eyes meeting with Toro's pale green eyes coldly and unwavering.
"Your slave is a piece of shit, but of the better shit I've seen, I'm sure we can arrange&something" Toro snapped his fingers. Evani's eyes darted to the door alert. Suddenly all the people they shared the box with were drawing blasters. Evani glanced around with cold fear gripping her, red velvet chair, another indication of Toro's wealth were strewn around the top box. No clearance to the door that way.
The ceiling were cold slabs of stone, with no grips where she could hoist her self up, the walls proving it self to have the same traits.

"How do you like my security?" he asked with a menacing sneer.
Evani glanced around cautiously, while backing away slowly.

"You are rather paranoid, got a few problems with life?" she asked sarcastic while drawing her blaster.

"No, you still need to pay me back on what your piece of shit did to one of my servants. And I'm not interested in the credits" said Toro, his eyes glistened. If he had Garet, he would rule these pit fights.

"Ganler is not available for business," said Evani again, this time with more force in her voice. Toro snapped his fingers again; this time his guards started advancing on her with drawn arms.

In the blink of an eye Evani jumped forward, as she came down on the front men she slammed her blaster in the side of his head rendering him out of action immediately. She landed on the floor with a thud, and wasted no time to use the now unconscious man to her advantage. 

In a matter of minutes she tripped another two men to the ground, her whip lashed out towards the nearest guard's open neck. As she executed her trademark move, she felt two hands gripping her neck. Gasping for breath she dropped her whip as she clawed the hands with her nails.

The strangler found him self being strangled when Evani suddenly used him as a pillar while stepping on a wall to manoeuvre a back flip. With her hands now around his neck, she kneed him in the groin.

Seeing as how she took out four men in a matter of moments, the rest of the guards now advanced on her more slowly then ever.

"You've done enough damage, you might fetch a good price your self" said Toro, he leaned against the wall casually while crossing his arms over his torso.
"Yeah?" asked Evani daringly as she got her whip. It was not uncommon for a slave trader to become a slave of another trader.
Evani didn't give Toro a chance to reply; with so many guards clustered together she shot a few casual shots, each hitting a random target.

One of the more daring guards shot towards, caught of guard Evani didn't have the time to launch a counter attack without leaving her self open. In a matter of struggling seconds she found her self being gripped tightly at each arm, lifted an inch above the ground.

Toro smirked,
"I expected a bit more from you Mrs. Viper" he said as he walked over to her. He caught her struggling head in his hand, and forced her to look at him. As he spoke he tipped his blaster on her head with each word.
"You do to much damage for a little girl your size, if you survive we'll see what price I can fetch for you at the cantina" he muttered. Evani glared at him murderously.
"Take her down to her fellow slave friends, lets see how she can cope in a pit fight" ordered Toro smiling in glee at his new prize, he tightened his grip around her chin. 

Evani managed a small smirk before her teeth sunk in his flesh that was to close to her mouth. Toro let an utter of surprise and pain escape from his lips.
"Frak! You little wench!" he yelled hitting her in the side of her head with his blaster. Evani's eyes widened before her body suddenly slumped forwards, her conscious lost in the hit.

"Take the bitch down, I'll register her so long in my list"

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  304
February 4, 2006 6:28:20 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet sat down on one of the cots behind the arena, holding his bleeding arm in his opposite hand. He looked up at one of the three guards.

"Get used to it, there's no medical treatment for slaves," replied the one he was looking at. Garet took off his ratty shirt and rapped it around his arm; it quickly turned a dark brown.

The door to the arena opened and someone came in holding Garet's Electrostaff. He handed it to one of the Guards and left, the door closing behind him. The Guard holding his Electrostaff pointed it at Garet.

"Come 'ere. You might need this." Garet got up, walked over cautiously, and grabbed it with a cold expression. He stood there looking at the Guard, and he didn't move until the Guard pulled out a blaster. Garet smirked and walked away, back to the wooden practice dummy.

Garet knocked off a couple limbs of the already broken dummy before getting bored. A couple names were called to fight in the arena, but none of them were 'Ganler'. In fact, Garet started to dose off waiting inside the Prisoner's room. His rest was disturbed by two more guards walking in.

"This one's from Toro," one of them was saying, though Garet couldn't see who the other was holding. The second guard through the body on the floor. Garet looked over, and immediately dropped his staff. "Make sure& Hey, hey what are you doing?!"

The guard had noticed that Garet was in the process of picking Evani up. Before Garet had picked her up from the floor though, the guard had kicked him in the side. "This is property of Toro, worm!"

Garet ignored this and began to pick Evani up again. This time, he managed to grab her and dodge the oncoming kick. He walked over to the nearest cot and put her down. As he was coming up, he received a punch in the back of the head. He fell down next to the bed he had placed Evani in, and got another kick to the side. "Toro likes the way you fight. He'll be disappointed if you die." The two guards left laughing.

Garet peeled himself from the floor and sat on the cot next to his Leader. "Hey, Evani, you ok?" he asked, shaking her shoulder. All she did was give a soft moan.

Garet was about to try to wake her up again, but the door opened to the arena. "Ganler, you're up again."

Garet hesitated for a moment, trying to decide if he should resist. All three guards pulled out their blasters and his mind was made up. He walked over to his staff on the floor and walked into the arena.

The same procedure followed. The crowds yelling, the announcer was all the same. His opponent was different though; or [I]opponents[/I]. Three slaves, each with their own vibrosword, were standing in front of him. The same horn sounded, and the match began.

Garet took to the same stance: left hand out in the front, staff level with the ground in back. Two of his opponents advanced on him, while the third stayed back. Garet was the first one to make a move. He ran forward and swung his staff at the ground, hitting both advancing slaves and knocking them down. While he did this though, the third came at him. In defense, he raised his staff up. The third slaves sliced through it. His sword vibrosword was active.

Garet held the two broken ends in each hand. He made a note of which one had the active sword, and continued the fight. The three came with the same tactic, but this time Garet parried their attacks and managed to hit one in the side of the head; blood splashed out immediately.

The third came attacking again, and instead of blocking, Garet dodged the attack by rolling to the side. As he got up from the role, the second slave took a swing at him, which he blocked, but the force of which knocked him down.

The third slave came after him again. From Garet's lying position he had a disadvantage, but as the salve ran towards him, he stuck out his feet and flipped the attacker over, throwing him into the wall.

Now that the active-sword wielder was taken care of, it only took a matter of seconds before he ended the match. The horn sounded, and the familiar crowd cheers started up again.

Back in the Prisoner's room, Garet found Evani awake in the same place he left her. He went and sat down on the cot next to her. "How ya feeling?"

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 4, 2006 6:28:41 PM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1000
February 5, 2006 6:04:40 AM    View the profile of Evani 
When Evani didn't answer him, Garet started shaking her. Evani mumbled something but she didn't wake. Garet repeated his question. After a few moments her eyes fluttered open. Garet managed a grin.
"Who do ya feel?"

"A dog hit by an swoop" she muttered, Garet chuckled at this. If Evani managed to crack a joke, everything was fine&except their current situation.
"How the hell did you manage to land your self in here?" he asked
"Pissed Toro off, I kind of worsened the damage done to his property," retorded Evani, ignoring Garet's protest when she sat upright. With a wince she touched the cut where Toro's blaster hit. Blood was still oozing out of the cut. She wiped her hand off on her clothes. She knew she looked like crap. Once again, her hair was caked with blood and dirt.

"Are you sure you're fine?" asked Garet worriedly.
"Just need a wake up call" answered Evani as she stood upright. She quickly skimmed over her surroundings till her eyes landed on a bucket of water. Garet looked at her puzzled when she walked over to it. Evani tested the water with the tip of her fingers. Shivering she dipped the bucket over her self.

"There much better" she answered seconds later while squeezing the water out of her hair. Before either one of them could say something the clank of an door sounded. They looked up alert but quickly relaxed. Just another unfortunate soul who has ended up here. Out of boredom Evani's eyes followed him. It was a human boy, dressed in ragged clothing.  Evani cocked her head to the side baffled by this. His clothes spoke of a backwater house, yet his hair was cut in military style, and his eyes spoke of orderly discipline. His resemblance to the wide eyes fresh greens that came from the academy was uncanny. Evani threw Garet a look. He nodded his head. He spotted it as well.

"What do you make it?" he asked.
"I don't know, I think we should wait a while, the chances that he may be one of us is possible. Just before we left I ordered recruits," answered Evani, she shrugged.

Much to their surprise the object of their minds walked straight towards them. Though a bit hesitant.
"Private First Class Azrano reporting for duty," said the boy. Garet and Evani looked at him dumbfounded.
"Who sent you?" asked Evani cautiously.
"Zafo, he's in the stands." Answered Azrano. Before he time to talk futher Evani bolted upward and grabbed him by his arm, Garet followed her example. She dragged Azrano over to the nearest shadow she could find that would hide them from any wanted eyes.

"What does he say?" Garet asked when they came to a halt.
"Squall, and Sam were both seriously injured in a bar fight, when the ship dropped me they were picked up, Zafo found out about the pit fights when he saw Garet's name Ganler on the a add" answered Azrano.

"Frak, Sam and Squall, no&" Evani looked at Garet in despair.
"Garet, I'm sick of this. I'm getting sick of this," she muttered. Garet didn't say anything. He gently gripped her shoulder to comfort her.
"Do you have anything on you we could use?" asked Evani quickly puling her self back together.
"Just a small dagger, and a grapple gun," answered Azrano as he pulled the dagger from his sleeve along with the grapple gun.  Evani handed Garet the dagger while she hid the grapple gun under her tunic.

"What happens now?" asked Azrano,
"We wait," ordered Evani; she made her self-comfortable against the cold stonewall while inspecting her nails.
"Zafo said he will be able to pull me out of here, since he is my master, but you guys first needs to get out" said Azrano after a few minutes.
"Garet, remind me to thank Zafo after this" muttered Evani, he has been helping her out too much, and she hasn't done anything yet to repay him.

"So...now we wait?"
"We wait"

Garet was constantly called back in the arena, each time emerging victorious. Each time showing a little more strain, a little more fatigue. But he was already a celebrity. When he was out there, Evani managed to hear the crowd chanting his name over and over again.

"You won't last the day," said Evani worriedly as she ripped her tunic to bandage his arm. Garet to tired to speak only gave a small nod. He's has been called every fifteen minutes, each time the enemy more challenging and stronger then the last.

"Oh he will, or he will just have to die Viper," said a very familiar voice. Evani's head whipped up at the sound of Toro speaking.
She glared at him coldly.

"Feisty as ever you are" he said with a smirk. Evani bit back a comment that could render her unconscious.

"Take her out, lets see how well she really fights" ordered Toro gruffly.  Toro watched as they dragged Evani out while she struggled with all her might to break free.
"Why does she look so familiar?"  He asked himself as he walked away.
"You, "he ordered to one of his servants cluttering around him.
"Do a background check on Gem Viper and Ganler" the servant gave a meek nod and scattered away.

"And you..." he said looking at Garet who was sitting against the wall tiredly. Evani luckily managed to push Arzano away from Toro's ever so watchful eyes.
"Let's gives Mrs. Viper a surprise in the arena"
Garet's eyes widened at this and before he could protest he felt him self being gripped forcefully by the arms to stand up. He shrugged the guards of angrily.
"I know how to walk" he muttered.

Evani made small jumps in anticipation while she waited for her opponent. The crowd hadn't figured out yet if they like her or not. She clenched her fist around the whip her in had at the catcalls that was thrown her way when entered the arena. The arena it self were circular, with rows upon rows of spectators all here for the blood and bets.

Evani looked at the whip in her hand again, it was sick brown colour, not the ordinary neuronic whip she used. She received many surprised glances at her choice of weapon but ignored it when she stood at the weapon rack. The handle served as a dagger as well, making the whip useful for short and long distant attacks. The battery cell were removed, but the lash it self were more then enough to work with. The whip stretched to about three meters in total. Remembering the grapple gun came with an extra battery cell, she quickly slipped it out from her tunic and dislodged it from the grapple gun.

With a smug smile on her face she activated the whip. With the press of one of various buttons lining down the handle, diminutive spikes appeared on the whip.

The announcer spoke again in an unknown dialect, but this time he translated his dialect to basic. She ignored everything till she caught the words; Master against slave...

Evani paled.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  306
February 5, 2006 12:46:56 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet was led through the door he first entered from and along several small, dark corridors. Any thoughts of running were quelled by a blaster in his back, and any sign of slowing down was met with a push. The Guards grabbed one of Garet's arms, which he promptly shoved off, and opened a door much like the one to the Prisoner's rooms. They shoved him in, and closed the door.

The inside was similar to the Prisoner's room, but it was smaller. There was one bed, not a ratty old cot. And there was a whole rack of sharpened weapons. Garet went over to look at them; still unpowered. Not only that, but there were no slaves in here, it was just him. He quickly picked up an Electrostaff-by now his weapon of choice-and stared at the only other door. It was much like the large arena door in the Prisoner's room. Garet was walking over to this door when a voice sounded.

"Do you like your new quarters, Ganler?" said the now familiar voice of Toro.

Garet spun around with his staff ready. Unfortunately, Toro wasn't actually in the room. There was a holoprojector sitting on the bed, and Toro was speaking through that. Garet didn't reply.

"We found it more accommodating to a fighter such as yourself."

"What do you want Toro?"

"Entertainment, of course. Though, you should learn to talk to me with a bit more respect, or else the fights could get... difficult." Again, Garet didn't reply.

"Well, we should probably end this conversation. You have a fight." Right on cue, the large door opened. It was exactly the same: it led to the arena. Garet glanced out, then back at a smiling Toro. Garet lifted his staff, and slammed it down on the projector.

He walked out calmly. The crowd roared louder than he had heard all day. Garet was too busy trying to pick out where Toro was, as well as Zafo and the others, to notice his opponent. When he finally picked her out, he stopped moving.

Evani looked like she was going to pass out. Garet too, was a little surprised, but he knew he had to stay composed to make this look convincing. The horn sounded, and Garet charged and hit her at the heels. Evani looked confused, and shocked, as she fell to the ground clutching her whip.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 5, 2006 12:47:37 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 5, 2006 12:55:14 AM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1002
February 5, 2006 3:27:31 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Garet cocked his head to the side while he raised his electro staff. Immediately Evani understood. They had to keep this real. Meaning the chances of him killing her was good if she didn't get out of the oncoming assault's way.

Reflexively Evani rolled of the way, just as she got away, Garet's staff slammed into the dirt where lied moments before.

Garet's large stature lacked the natural speed Evani possessed giving her a slight upper hand though she lacked the strength Garet had. 

She flipped her self back on her feet; millions of thoughts on how to beat Garet ran through her mind. She would have to lessen the force in his arms, Unlike Garet she couldn't make use of brute strength. She simply didn't have the power.

She jumped backwards when Garet slammed his staff in her direction again. Behind her the crowd went in frenzy. She attempted another leap to the back but to her horror she slammed her self in the wall behind her. This time Garet bought his staff from the side. Contemplating the situation Evani waited him in.

"Catch my whip," she muttered, to any normal spectator that sounded like a dare, but Evani was his Squad Leader, and she had a plan. Garet pushes her order to the back of his mind, he was sure he would catch on later when she will execute her plan.

Expecting her to duck his attack Garet lowered his staff to meet with her. He noticed her drawing her grapple gun.
"Catch Me," she ordered before she jumped up instead of ducking. Understanding her plan suddenly Garet braced him arms for the impact when Evani landed on his staff. For a nanosecond everything froze as Evani balanced her self, the staff it self were shaking vividly as Garet tries to maintain their balance. With a grunt he pushed her up when she crouched her knees in preparation for another jump. Evani could vaguely hear the crowds releasing a gasp of surprise.

As Evani made her way in the sky she managed to shoot her grapple gun in the screaming spectators box. It made its way through the cheering crowd with halt miraculously .The grapple hooked it self neatly in the dirty wall next to the exit. Evani pulled the trigger again this time reeling her self over the railing hastily till she landed with a loud thud on the floor in the midst of the crowd situated in the box. A shocked silence followed for a second, deciding to make use of the moment Evani leaped back to the railing. With a flick of her thumb she deactivated the spikes on her whip.

"Ganler, catch!" she yelled as she lashed whip towards Garet. Garet stifled a yell when pain curled around his fist, but he kept his grip around the whip. He gritted and grinded his teeth and started pulling himself up once Evani fastened the whip hastily around the railing.

While Garet was pulling him self up Evani wasted no time to land in a defensive position. With her fists raised, her feet wide apart in order to gain more grip on the ground, and a defiant scowls residing on her face was enough to scare off the nearest thugs and betting scums.

But they quickly got over their shock, and each started to advance on her with sneering grins, drawing a various collection of arms. With the grapple gun still gripped in her hands she unhooked it with little difficulty from the wall.

This time however when the grapple zoomed back to her through the crowd it caught one of the spectators neatly in the neck, slicing his open neck in half, leaving him half dead. The grapple hook locked it self with a click.

Another few moments of shocked silence passed again as the man slumped to the ground while gasping for breath while drowning in his own blood. At last Garet pulled him self over the railing. He smeared the blood dripping from his injured hand off on his clothes.
"Al fine Gem?" he asked with a smirk as he untied the whip from the railing and tossed it at her while drawing his dagger.

"Peaky, grab hold of me" she ordered, a brave spectator ventured forwards while drawing his blaster, but he soon found him self being strangled by Evani spiked whip. This act set of chain reaction and soon the box had gather it self to draw their arms.

Garet grabbed Evani by the waist as she pulled the trigger on her grapple gun. Once again the grapple shot of and zoomed upwards with a spin and twirl before lodging it self in the ceiling near the edge of the next box. Parts of the stone ceiling chipped away when the grapple shifted at its gaining weight when Evani and Garet made their way to the ceiling as well. Without wasting time Garet pulled him self over the edge towards the next box. Evani quickly followed.

They had the element of surprise yet again on their side, and without wasting time they made their way through the shocked audience who didn't expect their pit fighters to be in their midst.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  435
February 5, 2006 6:12:26 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The adrenaline amongst the spectators was aggravating, the stench even more so. Zafo's fingers grasped on to his messy hair and nearly ripped it out of his skull. He was having trouble dealing with the fact that Sam; his long time squad mate had been shipped off. Sam had excellent endurance and would not have let them ship him off unless the injuries he sustained were bad...really bad. Zafo tried to shake the thoughts from his head, but could only think of the others put out of commission not only on this mission so far, but the last as well. On the other hand it opened his eyes; the squad and himself were not invincible.

Zafo hung on to the edge of his seat every time he saw Garet emerging from one of the entrances to the combat area. Each wave of stress was met with a wave of relief as Garet emerged victorious. As time flowed on, Zafo became more and more agitated. Eventually, somehow, this had to end.

Caitlin, seated to Zafo's right, seemed just as agitated as he was. With the every blow Garet took, she twitched.

"Just have faith." Zafo muttered during one of the crowd's uproars, so no one else would hear.

"But why can't we do something?!" Caitlin protested, waving her arms as she spoke. "I feel terrible just sitting here while his life is in danger."

"Trust me, I wish there was something we can do, but right now there isn't." Zafo said, taking a tone of one who knew what he was talking about. "If we try and help them, our cover is blown, the mission is blown, and we add our names to the list people in grave danger. We have to wait for the right opportunity."

Just as Zafo spoke these words, the crowd rose to its feet and began screaming once again.

"Ganler! Ganler! Ganler!" The chant was aggressive, yet supporting. Well, as supporting as it can be when one chant's another's death.

Zafo nearly ripped his hair clean out of his head when he saw the match up and heard the words "Master against Slave." The adrenaline of battle began to flow through Zafo. If something were to happen, it was going to happen now, because there was no way that either one would kill the other.

Zafo watched their "play" battle with great intensity, trying to find any sign that could indicate what would come next.

Zafo watched in awe as Evani and Garet orchestrated their maneuver which brought them both into the crowd.

Zafo shot up from his seat, and placed his hand on Caitlin's shoulder. She immediately did the same. She turned to look at him, expecting some kind of order.

Zafo pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and pulled out his pistol from it's holster. He held in his hand, concealed within his cloak.

"You know I told you a time would come?" Zafo said slowly, a twisted grin spreading across his face. Caitlin simply nodded with a mixed expression of nervousness and excitedness. 

"It's now."

With that, both Dragoons started pushing their way through the crowd of multi-specied spectators, trying to get closer to their fellow squadmates...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  236
Total Posts:  814
February 7, 2006 2:58:51 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OCC: This post is kind of a catchup post from the landing to the start of Zafo's post. I hope all of you will like it.

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, where the hell have you gotten yourself into& Jenny thought slowly and nervously as she stepped through the opening hanger door.

Jenny was dressed in a simple slave dress that she had once woren working at a local bar as a dancer, it got ragged and cut-up so it was going to be good for this mission. A utility belt was holding it up disguised as a regular belt; this utility belt was given to her before she joined the Vast Empire and had contained her DL-54 blaster pistol, some regular grenades and a grapple gun.

She moved with Gio and Squall as they made their way around the hallways, lights dimming low and the various slime looked at her with a menace look, but never bumped into her like that burly twilek man bumped into Garet.

Jenny watched the incident with Garet and the burly twilek man with a deep worry and concern, when she saw the burly twilek being identified, she kept that name Toro somewhere in her mind so that she would remember it later. Then she followed her group around the hanger and to a popular cantina set up nearby.

"Maybe we'll find something out here." Zafo quickly muttered quietly to Gio as he and Zafo ordered Jenny, Sam and Catlin into the cantina.

The cantina was filled with it, the slime, those who actually looked up from their drinks or conversations managed a spit at Jenny or her other slave buddies, she didn't fight nor did Catlin and Sam until they came upon the worst.

At first glance you would think that the big mercenary sitting down at a table nearby the bar wasn't too bad, until you heard his manners.

"Well, well, well, I wasn't expecting slave traders and slaves to come into my cantina, no doubt trying to get a drink." The man commented rudely while turning to the bartender and whispered quietly: "Don't let them walk out with the drinks, make sure they are done with it or they won't leave." The bartender gave a nod.

As Gio and Zafo drank up the ale they ordered, Jenny saw herself being watched by that mercenary, it wasn't the usual glance but Jenny tried to ignore it.

"Which one of you owns this beautiful twilek?" the man near the counter asked in a loud and rudely voice while slamming his hand on the table to get Gio's group (including Jenny) and Zafo's group's attention.

"That would be me." Jenny heard Gio answer politely before being spit in the face twice by the man near the counter.

"Well, then you shouldn't own her, damn girl should belong to me, a fine girl like that belonging to an ugly man like you." The man near the counter said rudely, also spitting with every word.

"Let's get out of here. Go on, Josie, you too." Gio ordered in an angry manner as he dragged Jenny and patted Squall's back to get their attention.

"Wait, I wasn't done with her, or that two-time human and his ugly buddy, the Zabrak." The mercenary said very rudely, plus blocking Jenny, Squall and Sam from getting up, meaning they're the ones that were indicated.

"This has gone far-----" Squall muttered angrily while trying to get himself past the man.

"Don't do that, you'll just be in worse trouble with me." Gio quickly told Squall angrily as he holded Squall back with two hands.

"Perhaps the ugly Zabrak would like to help this pathetic human who looks like he was stuck on the wrong side of the bin left to order around humans or maybe the Zabrak should go to hell and never have any girlfriends. Pathetic, who the hell in this bunch can get even one single f***king girlfriend, not one!" Jenny's anger rose with every word, push, spit, mock the man spoke in that talk, very rude and very out of tone.

The next thing you know, you've got a bar fight, Squall fighting off all of the mercenary manager's buddies (plus that stupid bartender who doesn't give a heck about what the manager says) and Sam taking on the manager himself. Jenny watched as the punches and kicks turned to stabs and shots as the bartender holded up a blaster pistol and shot down the manager himself, mistakenly for Sam and managed to hit Squall in the back, knocking him out seriously but not before he slammed the two mercenaries' (who were left) head together.

"Squall, you bastard, I'll get you." Sam yelled fiercely looking at Squall as he took out the manager's pistol and shot the bartender in the head, which let off two shots, hitting Sam in the stomach with one, a flesh wound, but not a good one.

The customers all looked shocked at the scene displayed and ran out like dogs, leaving only an ad on the table where the mercenary sat and several dead bodies, not including Sam and Squall.

"We should take Sam and Squall onto the next ship out of here, man, looks like another two recruits will join us, and they were good men." Zafo said and commented sadly as Jenny turned in a sigh and replied:

"Zafo, don't make it sound like as if Sam and Squall are going to die, I've seen worse wounds." Zafo then went over to carry Sam and Jenny carried Squall as Zafo ordered politely to the rest of the group:

"Stay here, Jenny and me will get these guys onto a ship, hold on&." Zafo noticed the ad on the table soon enough and saw something that made Jenny worry cause he looked very spaced out until Jenny asked, worried:

"Zafo, what is it?"

"Garet's in pit fights in a stadium nearby, we should get there soon, but first we should drop Sam and Squall off so they can get back to Tadath for the medical center." He then turned to the group and added: "Change of plans, the rest of you gets to come with us."

The hallways were silent and empty, which was good, since Evani didn't want to blow their cover right then and there, when they got to the hanger, however, a question came from a nearby boy, who looked oddly confused and hesitant at Jenny and Zafo:

"Hey, which one of you is the squad leader, I need to talk to him."

"And who might you be?" Zafo questioned back as he stared at the hesitant but orderly boy in front of them.

"Private First Class Azrano, sir, I came on one of the ships here, sir, it's about to leave, would you----"

"No need to worry, private, we'll get these two on the ship back, now I'm not the squad leader, she's with Garet in the pit fights." Jenny heard Zafo respond as she and Zafo dropped off Sam and Squall onto empty seats and Sam woke up, groaning, saying:

"Zafo, sir, if that's you sir, I'm up and awake, sir, I'll watch over us, sir, don't worry."

"Never have, Sam, good luck." Zafo replied happily as he turned back to the group and added: "Come on, let's go get Garet and Evani."

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Jennabelle
-=DarkDragoonsSquadTRP=-
-=Red Lancer 1=-
TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  312
February 7, 2006 2:34:39 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
The crowd cleared to the wall in the spectators box as Garet pulled himself over. Without hesitation, he turned around and helped Evani up. As he turned around though, one spectator yelled, "Get back in the pit, slime!" and punched Garet in the jaw. The resulting force made Garet flip over the railing of the box, and gravity took over.

Garet attempted to reach for the first box he fell past, but missed and scraped his exposed shoulder and face on the cement siding. The second box however, he managed to grab onto. With scream he hung there, he felt his flesh ripping at the sword slice, and the rag that was soaking the blood got deeper red. With another grunt, he pulled himself up and managed to grab the box with his second arm. The crowd again cleared as he flipped himself over the railing. Not risking a fight right now, he lowered his shoulder and ran to the door at the back of the box. Seeing the oncoming charge, a couple spectators got out of the way, and a couple weren't so lucky. Garet mowed down three spectators on his way to the door, convincing none others to try and stop him.

Garet looked left and right for a way up to the upper level, but saw nothing. He decided on one way and just ran. After about twenty seconds he had found a stairway and started up. The upper level was much like the first, so he guessed where Evani was. He opened a couple doors on unsuspecting spectators before he found her. As much as she struggled, she couldn't free herself from the grip of two of the bigger spectators. A third spectator was about to take a punch at her when Garet opened the door.

"Hey, how'd you get i..." the third was about to finish when Garet tackled him into the railing and pushed him over. He screamed all the way down.

By the time Garet had flipped the spectator over the railing, one of the two others had let go of Evani, leaving the other to strangle her. Garet spun around the free one and ducked, holding his hands locked for Evani to step on. She did so, kicking the free spectator (who had his arm raised to hit Garet in the back of the head), and flipping over the one who was choking her. Garet gave him a strong uppercut as he came up.

"Thanks," Evani said, gasping for air.

"No, thank you," Garet said wiping his lip.

"Let's get out of here, be on the lookout for Zafo," Evani said leaving through the open door. Garet quickly followed.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited February 7, 2006 2:35:31 PM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1006
February 10, 2006 4:11:54 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Toro slammed the door shut while bellowing in native curses. He holstered his blaster, another life wasted by its barrel. Another servant proving it self-useless yet again.

They have failed to find anything about Viper and Ganler; he had a top slicer in his service that could hack any database. They found nothing; meaning Ganler and Viper didn't exist.

Then again, it was common for a slave trader to undergo name changes. The more he thought about it, the more bizarre and complicated the situation got. When they searched Viper for her weapons and documents nothing was found, not even a permit for Ganler. Ganler he, himself needed to be branded. The girl was way to young to own a slave. Still wet behind the ears.

Toro took a deep breath as he tried to control him self as he strode over to his desk. Dusk was settling in a red hue through the plastasteel window over his room. He preferred to stay in apartments high above the ground rather then a mansion where every he and she could sneak in. His thoughts travelled back, skimming over the events of the days. He started listing all his suspicions to himself.

To much defiance for a slave in Ganler...Girl to young...to much trust between the two...He remembered their manoeuvre that got them out. It was very unexpected, something that required a lot of teamwork as well. When they at last managed their escape the crowd was left baffled, perplexed, angered and stupefied.
When they...the two were joined by five or more. Toro plopped him self in his leather chair while expertly avoiding to make crinkles on the chair's loose leather skin. He went through and through every memory he shared with the girl. It seemed she was the leader. But the leader of what? Everyone made a mistake, he needed to find her glitch.

He recalled the fleeting memory of her raking her hair, the insides of her wrist showing to the world. Ashen scars tracing in a very familiar insignia.

"Rebels" he muttered out loud as he served him self a drink. He took a small sip from the cherry red wine and smirked as he turned his chair around to view the sunset that managed to shimmer shadows between the buildings.

"Hand me my glasses Garet if you don't mind" asked Evani as she stood with her hand shielding the sun from her eyes. Even though it was setting, it still managed to blind her. Moments later the dark object covered her eyes.

They have been hiding out here for quite some time now, little over four hours now. As soon as she met up with Gio and Zafo the managed their way through the city, and when authorities started chasing them they simply took way to the roofs making use of their grapple guns.

Evani stared at the city spread out underneath them with awe. The buildings made of glass caught the last rays of the sun in their crafted forms and shapes throwing extraordinary yet beautiful illuminating shadows across the darkening city floors.
"Our faces will be swarming the wanted persons lists knowing Toro, no use trying to snoop around now. We need to go to a direct source that would know the underground and it's connections." Evani yawned tiredly as she continued.

"You mean Toro?" asked Zafo
"Exactly" answered Evani smugly as she seated her self on the railing. She crossed her legs intertwining it with the durasteel poles that looped around the square structure.

The next day was a bustle of annoyance and anger for Toro as he flipped from one database to another in search for Viper. He found nothing about that particular name. Neither did the descriptions match. No profile spoke of a girl with short blonde hair and dark blue eyes.

He sneered at any face nearing him. He knew she and the male that was with her were bad news. When he saw their professional manner of killing and getting rid of obstacles  he knew they were no small time slave and trader. They were trained for this, they both seemed to posses that military dissipline he learned to pick up from INTEL under cover.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 10, 2006 4:13:45 PM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1010
February 11, 2006 8:40:30 AM    View the profile of Evani 
Twenty-four hours later and Evani sat on the roof connecting to the same building in which Toro stayed. It took them most part of the day to find his apartment and hiding from the public. Now they were situated on top of the structure contemplating their actions on how to corner to Toro.  She readjusted her glasses and raked her hand out of habit through her short locks.  The sun was setting behind her as she sat crouched, her elbows were resting on her kneecaps, with her hands meeting with her face.

Toro massaged his temples as his eyes skimmed over the datapad in front of him. The image of a young with familiar blue eyes and messy hair stared at him from the holo.
At last he managed to find her. A rebel spy. He stayed up the night going through every image in the rebel database resembling blue eyes, dark blonde hair, short height, and etc.

He spun his chair around while lazily sipping from his glass as he studied her background. It was a pity he only managed to find her rebel profile, but it already spoke enough about her. Found as a slave on Tatooine, sent to Anaxes and then sent on a spy mission to Tadath. According to the holo she was caught, and executed by the Vast Empire.

He didn't hear the sound of a door opened, nor did he notice shadows slipping behind him. His heart failed him for a second when the light went out suddenly. Darkness flicked in around him in shadows. He heard the muffled cries of his guards before all fell silent. Spots managed to show in his eyes as a sharp pain erupted from the back of his head.

"Well, is he out?"
Catlin peeked over his face as the light switched on. Evani smirked, finding delight in the blood that trickled from his head to the ground.
"Bastard deserves it," she muttered as she touched her head, her hand grazed softly over the swollen cut.
"What happens now?"  Asked Zafo as he stripped Toro of his expensive tunic, and started tearing it into strips. He tossed Gio several strips and together they tied him up to his chair. His desk and chair were made of expensive wood, it stood on an equally expensive tapestry, clearly hand-woven. For a moment Evani's eyes kept tracing the gold threads through the red rugs and wool.
Three doors led out of the room. The one facing the large window along with the desk lead to the rest of building, and the public. The left door lead to his living quarters, and the third were locked. 

"We wait till he wakes, Zafo, Garet, go check with the security Cam. Lets see how security is here, I think we are safe to hang out here for a few days, the rest of you make your self home" said Evani as she trudged over to his desk.

Gio immediately grinned and grabbed the glass of wine that Toro drank from minutes earlier, a quick sniff and he grimaced.

"What crap does he drink?" he asked with distaste. Muttering about needing a drink Gio headed to the kitchen with the rest of the squad in his footsteps.

"This is Sergeant Evani, do you hear me?"
Evani was seated on Toro's pricey desk with crossed legs. Her hand drummed on the leather of her boots lazily while her other hand was at her ear with her Com Unit. It was hastily connected to wires which n turn was connected to Toro's database and holo Computers.

"Yes, this is Base, what do you require?" asked a diminutive voice over the speakers, undersized in comparison with the rest of Toro's equipment.
"I still have spots open on my team, I need them filled." Snapped Evani angrily as she gave into the small flame of irritation. The being on the other side seemed unaffected by this however.

"We have already sent down someone, Private First Class Vint, another will be sent from Tadath shortly, give me your coordination of the area. We need to know where to drop him," ordered the voice. Evani silently tapped the coordination to the screen and sent it. She found her self a bit shocked with Vint's unexpected arrival. Why was he doing back? Not that she minded, he was a good Lancer to work with. Much has changed since they last spoke.

"Have the new guy tied, we need to avoid suspicion at the moment, land on the roof" ordered Evani before severing the connection. She dropped the Com unit to the floor as she hunched over thoughtfully while rubbing her knuckles over her temple.

"All fine?" asked Zafo as he strode over. Evani smiled when she saw the wires protruding from his clenched fist. Zafo noticed the direction of her eyes.
"The Security Cam needed some...readjustment," said Zafo nonchalantly. Evani laughed as she hopped down from the desk.

"All fine, PFC Vint will be delivered on the roof, he will be tied, you and Gio will meet him on the roof. If you meet company, he is a prisoner Toro needs to see for interrogation. Pray nobody recognizes you, though with that blue beard growing, I don't think they will" said Evani. Zafo's hand flew immediately to his face at the mention of it. He felt the prickly ends of hair that was growing out. He hasn't shaved in days, giving him a very roguish manner. Same with Gio. 

A few hours later Gio and Zafo went up to the roof, and minutes afterwards they returned with a struggling Vint who still didn't understand why he was captured. Evani stifled a snicker at the ease which Zafo and Gio dragged the Private.

"Lemme go!" he yelled. Evani rolled her eyes at this and sighed.
"Vint relax, I'm your squad leader, the guy with long hair is Zafo, your ASL and the other one is Gio, your FTL" said Evani as she unsheathed her dagger and started cutting the ropes tied around his hands.
She shook her head at this.
Seriously, couldn't they find something better then rope? she thought to her self.
"Sorry Sarge" mumbled Vint embarrassed as he rubbed his wrists where the rope broke the skin. His jet-black hairs were a mess along with the rest of his clothes.
"Welcome to the squad Vint, now lets get down to business,' ordered Evani as soft moans sounded from Toro.

Toro's eyes flickered open; black spots swam around, while blurry images moved about vividly. He suddenly found him self being lifted and then slammed against the wall. The force that lifted him was starting to take form. Garet's eyes glared at him with murder.

"We ask, you answer," said a feminine voice over Garet's shoulder. Toro lifted his head up to follow the voice to its source. Evani sat on his desk, her legs and arms crossed with Gio standing beside her. The latter was fingering his blaster lazily, but his face glared with equal strength as Garet's eyes at Toro.

"You're Hellra, and---" a punch to his face quickly silenced him. Zafo smirked as he dropped his fist to the side.  Garet was standing as still as a statue while he kept Toro raised above the ground by his collar. His strength was fuelled by anger.

"You mean this? Yeah, Hellra," said Evani as she held up the datapad with her one hand. The face staring from the blue tinted screen held so little confidence in comparison with its future counter part holding it.

Evani turned the holo around to look at it.
"They seriously need to update, I look like crap here, my, I'm dead?" she asked with mock. Toro squirmed, if he could only reach the knife hidden in the side of his boot. Garet's grip tightened.
Throwing the holopad against the spot next to his head Evani bolted down from the desk.
"Why have the security tightened so much, where is the whatever they are guarding and are the rumours of the Noghri true? She asked with narrowed eyes.  A moment of silence passed,
"If you don't answer, we will dispose of you and find the answer perhaps from your slicer," said Zafo coolly. 

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 8:47:27 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 9:16:30 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 9:17:10 AM)]
vint
ComNet Member

vint

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  711
Total Posts:  771
February 11, 2006 4:09:13 PM    View the profile of vint 
Vint stood back near the center of the room watching Evani, Garet, and Zafo interrogate Toro.  He had no clue as to what was going on. He had received the same briefing as the rest of the squad, which proved a problem because by no it was outdated. He wasn't told he would he would have to dress up in a slave outfit until just hours before, and wasn't even told that he would be bound until, well, he wasn't told, they just bound him.

Vint looked at his new squad, Hellra looks different, and not just from her disguise, something else.  Garet stood holding Toro up against the wall. He seemed much stronger then last time they had been together, back when Lancer squad was still active. Jennabelle was sitting on one of Toro's leather chairs. Her lekku were twitching, they seemed to have faded into another color but that may just have been the harsh conditions of the mission. Zafo stood towering over Toro, noticeably enjoying his new punching bag. Giovanni was standing next to Evani smiling, enjoying the whole scene.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Asked Evani, her voice void of emotion.

Toro shouted a curse in his native tongue, which Jenny gladly translated for the squad.

"He says you're a stupid f***ing rebel scum."

To this Toro received not just a punch from Zafo but was kneed in the groin by Garet. A thin stream of blood poured from his nose, and his tchin were quivering terribly.

"Why the increased security?"

Toro simply smiled. Garet pushed him against the wall even harder.

"Answer me my question. This is the last time I will say it. Why the increased security and are the rumors of the Noghri true?" Evani's eyes were narrowed so that they appeared almost slit like.

knock, knock, knock "It's the police, open up!"

Toro opened his mouth to scream but Garet covered it just in time.

"I will remove my hand and you will tell answer the question," Garet was whispering as fast as he could. "If you don't, I will snap your neck."

Toro nodded.

knock, knock, knock. "Open up! We know you're in their!"

Daimun removed his hand.

"I don't know where it's being hidden," There was never any discussion of an "it". "All I know is that I was told to keep tabs on any suspicious characters, and do whatever I liked with 'hem."

Garet squeezed his neck even harder.

"It's near Pau," knock "open up!"knock "the capital!"

-----------------------
- Dark-Dragoons
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1021
February 11, 2006 5:31:22 PM    View the profile of Evani 
Evani's eyes darted around alert as the knocks to the door increased both in sound and strength.
"Grapple guns ready people!" shouted Zafo reading Evani's mind and pulling out his blaster and pointing it to the window. Everyone instantly dropped to the floor as they shielded their eyes from the shards of glass that shoot and scattered about. Sudden wind bellowed in through the newly created gap. Every one scrambled to their feet hastily and unclipped their grapple guns from their artillery belts. Evani took a quick peek down. She could barely see the bottom. The perks of living upstairs.

"What should we do with him?" asked Garet as he held Toro out towards Evani; he hung limply from his collar. Shock of the night's events finally catching up with him.
"We can't leave him here, and I don't want to kill him...yet" she said not noticing the crease in Garet's frown. 

The knocks were tuning up a notch in loud crashes as the authorities tried to break the door.
"Time to jump guys" said Evani pulling the trigger on her grapple gun. Everyone followed suite, their grapple hooks lodged firmly in the solid wooden cabinet next to the door. Luckily for them it was firmly attached to the wall.

Without word Zafo ordered the squad to jump. One after the other they jumped and zipped down to the ground. Garet quickly handed Toro to Gio who simply slung the twilek over his shoulders before jumping. He didn't hesitate for a second. His fear didn't even flicker. Evani turned to Zafo who had yet to jump.

"Jump Zafo, you have to show them to the Ware House, the Varactyls are in there, head for the capital. I'll try and get these guys down" shouted Evani over the wind as she motioned in Vint, Garet and Arzano's direction. Zafo gave a her final afirmitive nod before jumped as well.

"Vint, Arzano, Garet get going," snapped Evani. Neither made a move. Vint seemed as if he was stuck in an choice, will Garet looked determined and Arzano very pale and scared.
"I'll go down once they are down, " shouted Garet, he pulled on his grapple gun to make sure whether it would support him or not.

"DAMMIT, JUMP VINT!" yelled Evani frustrated, as cracks made their way in the door leading outside.
"Are you sure, you'll be okay?" asked Vint worriedly, I'll be fine, now jump!" snapped Evani again as she lifted her blaster. Vint looked at her with a blank expression before he jumped.

"Arzano, you have a duty towards the Vast Empire, you are endangering the whole mission!" Evani raised her blaster and aimed at Arzano.
"I, I, C-cant!" he cried out as he edged away from the cliff like edge. Evani took a deep breath.
What am I doing! she yelled to her self.
Relax, you are just giving him a scare, work needs to be done said another voice, it seemed to grow faint then burst in volume before fading again.
He is just a boy, you cant blame him for being scared she reprimanded her self
"Do, it" she ordered again, however this time she lowered her blaster and holstered it. Arzano visibly relaxed at this. The bursts of miniature stampedes as the door increased, and Evani could hear the wood splintering and cracking. Before she could react Garet took her by surprise as he stormed to the edge and jumped while grabbing Arzano as well in the run.

Still confused with her self she followed suite.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 5:35:15 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 5:39:22 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 11, 2006 5:57:51 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  325
February 11, 2006 6:24:21 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet could feel Arzano shaking slightly as they made the free fall. For Garet, all noise ended, all thoughts ended, and time slowed. His body was turning in conjunction with Arzano's, and he could see the landscape spinning around. Their bodies turned down, Garet saw many his some of his Squad-mates falling, and some hovering with a stopped grapple. As they turned up, he saw Evani diving out of the broken window, followed by multiple blaster shots. They didn't have much time.

Suddenly, sound resumed, and time returned to its normal pace. Arzano was breathing heavily and his eyes were wide open as he looked towards the ground. Garet looked up again in time to see a Police Officer in black, skin-tight clothes swan dive out of the window.

"Hey! Hey, look at me!" Garet yelled to Arzano over the wind. "When you reach the rest of the squad, pull as hard as you can on the trigger of the grapple, and HANG ON!"

Arzano looked confused as Garet let go of him. As Arzano fell past him, Garet pulled on his grapple, stopping him hard. He looked up. Evani hadn't seen the police officer falling behind her, she seemed determined to just get down. As she came past Garet, she spun around to look at him.

"What are you doing?!" she yelled, fading out as she passed. That's when she saw the Officer; a sleek black bullet coming for them. Her eyes widened under her waving hair as Garet looked down at her.

The Officer got closer and closer, and as he did so, Garet slowly started to move again, timing his fall with that of the Officer. Finally the two met, at the same speed, right next to each other. Garet let out a punch at him, swinging him away. However, the Officer kicked out a leg as he swung back, forcing Garet in the opposite direction. Many times this happened, until Garet grabbed the officer. Garet punched and kicked him multiple times, ripping the black leather of the Officers suit. Finally, when the Officer could hardly put up a fight, Garet reached to his grappled gun, unhooked it, and let the Officer fall.

As Garet watched this, he noticed Evani falling past the group. He looked up, and saw a cord whipping its way down. He followed it down and realized it led to Evani.

The ground got closer and closer, and Evani let out a scream that could be distinctly heard over the rushing wind. This alerted the hovering group, and they noticed her situation as well. They all began to drop slowly to avoid the same fate as their SL. Zafo, who was closest to the cord, reached out for it and grabbed it with his bare hand. He too, let out a scream.

This only slowed her down however. Zafo couldn't keep a grip on the sleek cord, which sliced through a layer of his hand. Garet flattened his body to make himself as most aerodynamic as he could. He passed by the group of hovering DD, and with a "thanks!" to Zafo he continued his descent.

Garet was gaining on Evani faster, even faster then he hoped; but it seemed as if it wasn't fast enough. The ground became closer and closer behind her, and Garet could see the fear on her face. He was mere meters from her, but he couldn't reach her yet. He had to intervene with fate. He ran over every situation in a millisecond. As soon as he thought of it, he pointed, and Evani looked. Her whip was holstered at her side. She immediately understood.

She grabbed the whip, and slung it at Garet. He caught it with his already blistered arm (from the arena), and pulled her up. As soon as he had her with him, he pulled the trigger on the grapple. They suspended seven meters in the air, and stared at the ground. The broken cord gave a twang as it rushed past them. Evani both laughed a little, out of hysteria, and breathed heavily.

"We're fine," Garet replied, taking in air rapidly. It was to their horrible surprise though when they began another freefall to the ground. Garet landed on his back, dropping Evani as he impacted. His cord fell to the ground shortly after.

The two of them just looked at the Dragoons as they floated, dream-like, down to the surface.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  239
February 12, 2006 9:04:36 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny dropped down quickly as the whooshing wind whipped in her ears, as she fell closer to Hell and Garet, who seemed to have gotten on the ground first, she pulled hard on her trigger and slowly went her way, sort of slow-motion style, and got to the ground.

"Jenny, third person to get down here, how's the heights?" Garet said, chuckling as Zafo was coming down.

"Great, I would love to take another ride." Jenny added, to change the subject, looking at the sky. "Oh look, there comes Gio and Catlin that must Vint and Azarno behind them."

"So, where is this warehouse, Zafo?" Jenny heard Garet ask as Gio and Catlin came onto the ground.

"Oh, you'll see, ah finally." Zafo replied as Vint and Azarno finally came down onto the ground. Zafo added orderly, "Alright, people, let's get a move on to the warehouse, follow me."

The Dark Dragoons were show by Zafo to the warehouse, through the streets of the surface, filled with Pau' an people, which Evani described in their mission briefing, busy in their everyday activities, too busy to even catch a glance of stormtroopers going by. Garet was still carrying Toro, who was grunting in his unconcious state.

When they got to the warehouse entrance, they spotted a couple of guards walking around, two standing in a security station.

"Well, do we attack with stealth or with noise?" Jenny remarked questionably as Evani quickly answered:

"Gio and Jenny, prepare your blasters. See if you can kill the two idiots at the security station, Gio. Jenny you cover Gio. The rest of us will create a diversion for the other guards patrolling around the place. Garet, you better stay here until the security station is secured."

Jenny and Gio (Gio in front and Jenny in back) quickly ran their way to the security station near the warehouse entrance as a slight BOOM shook her up and got the two idiots at the security station scared out of their wits. One of them ran out and was alerted by Gio who blasted and killed him, the other blasted his rifle and one got Jenny in the left leg. She swore, quickly got up and shot the bastard in the chest. Gio then quickly killed him as the rest of the squad with Garet showed up.

"Jenny, one of our grenades accidently blew up a explosive barrel and killed all the stupid guards." Zafo said, smilling, as he added: "Gio, get that door open."

Gio typed some things on the console as the door opened, there was a cry toward the security station, a guard had seen them, alarms rang out and the battle started.

Jenny took up the rifle that the idiot guard who she shot in the chest had and holstered her blaster. she broke the glass and took a couple of shots at the guard, which hit and killed him.

Her position became less of a good one because it only had one window and its visibility was less than if she would go outside. So she decided to do that, taking cover next to the warehouse. She heard Evani's voice call:

"Jenny!" Jenny made her way to her squad leader as Evi well right into it and said orderly:

"Follow Catlin and Gio, help them get inside and find the varactyls, get them out here and we'll get out of here. Me and the other Dragoons will provide covering fire, now, move!"

The firefight intensified as the Dragoons provided covering fire for Jenny, Gio and Catlin. Jenny kept up with Catlin and Gio, who were moving pretty quickly through the corridors and hallways of the warehouse, firing on the chasing guards.

"Up ahead, there it is!" Gio yelled to Catlin and Jenny, who both glanced at the sign VARACTYL and followed Gio, taking out 2 guards on their way.

The varactyl room was filled with 3 of these magnificent creatures and a couple of security guards. Jenny went in as she took shots at the nearest guard, he was dolling rolls to avoid that, but Jenny just managed to get a shot on him before his next roll and he was down. Jenny saw Catlin take out another one, who was just out in the open and running around. Gio managed to take out the last one in the head, who was constantly ducked behind the right side of a computer console.

"Let's get these guys free and out of here." Gio said clearly as he made his way to the computer console, typed in a few things and the cages on the poor creatures opened.

"Get on one and let's get going." Gio ordered quickly as Jenny hopped on the nearest one, got it going and out they went, to where Hell was.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited February 15, 2006 8:41:54 AM)]
Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  1028
February 12, 2006 4:00:53 PM    View the profile of Evani 
"Come on people, we need to get the rest of them" ordered Evani as she tripped one of the guards and then finished him with a shot in the head. The warehouse was filled with various objects, weapons and creatures, some which were often seen at a black market.

Light rain was dripping to ground, as the Dragoons fought the authority in the shadow of the building as they waited for Gio and his team emerge.

High-pitched screeches suddenly sounded accompanied with the bass hollers as well. She looked up with a frown as the last man went down. Out of the entrance for the Warehouse came Gio, Jennabelle and Caitlin all seated on their Varactyls. Jennabelle seemed to be jumping out of her skin from excitement.

"You managed to get only three?" asked Evani dumbfounded. Minutes later Gio was sent back along with his Fire team to search for the rest of the Varactyls.

Evani gave a sharp whistle as they sped across the city. Each Dragoon now seated on his own Varactyl. They were riding in three separate groups. Evani and Garet, Zafo and Vint and Caitlin, and Gio with Azrano and Jennabelle.

"Good boy Karmi" said Evani as she scratched where his ears should be. She had Karmi now almost since she joined the Army, and they has managed to build a strong relationship based on loyalty and obedience. She at first reluctant, but ordered their shuttle to dispatch the creatures anyway forehand. Only problem was they had to steal their lifts. They could reveal their identity, even if it was theirs.

They have been sprinting through alleyway, dodging pedestrians and escaping local authorities. The locals who chased them from the window haven't gotten back on track yet. But it was only a momentarily before their chasers would reengage on their mission.

Evani let the creatures take a rest while she briefed the squad. It was night, and they were all drenched in rain and icy hunger. Starts shimmered through the dark clouds, while two moons were illuminating their surroundings with a pale glow.  They have reached the outskirt of the city.
"We need to get to Pau as quick as possible, we need to go south by the looks of it. It will be at maximum three days travels. Gio, you have the provisions and extra equipment with you right?" asked Evani darting her focus to him.

As they rode to their current location, Zafo and Gio often stopped to pick a lock to the insides of a shop providing them with some provisions and a few arms. Gio gave a a brisk nod, he patted the crate tied behind him to his varactyl's back.
"Toro secured?" asked Zafo to Garet,
"Yeah, the bastard is secured, I still think he should be killed" muttered Garet not very happy about his job as Toro's lift. The latter was tied tightly in a similar manner Gio's crate were tied. He was still unconscious.

"Lets move" ordered Evani, with this said, she gave a sharp whistle, which jolted the varactyl in a sprint, in the dead of the night.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  718
February 12, 2006 8:56:00 PM    View the profile of vint 
The squad rode into the night.

They were using a few maps Zafo and Gio and picked up on their way out of town. On regular missions planet maps were provided on their wrist pads, but this one required them to resort to more primitive technology. According to these, Pau was in the south. If they wanted a bed for the night (day actually, since they were traveling by night), than they would have to take a slight detour North West to Statua, an average sized sinkhole city. Where they would sleep was up to Evani.

"Take a detour or sleep out here tonight?" Caitlin shouted into the wind (varactyl's travel fast).

Evani shouted back but the words were inaudible, so she motioned for everyone to slow down a bit, which was done promptly by all.

"What'd you say?"

"Are we going to take a detour to Statua or sleep out here tonight?" She asked giddily, apparently riding animals wasn't in her repertoire. "I could use a bed after a few hours of this."

Evani thought for a good while then answered:

"We'll detour to Statua. We have supplies for ourselves but I'm not sure how long we can maintain the varactyl's. But we'll only stay for a few hours, four or five. From there we go straight to Pau."

When they came about point five miles from Statua, they took a tunnel down to the core of the city, where they good leave the varactyl's in a pen until they were ready to leave. Zafo and Gio headed into the market areas to get extra supplies for the mounts; Caitlin, Vint, and Jenna went to find somewhere to rest; and the rest of the squad went with Evi.

-----------------------
Dark Dragoons
[This message has been edited by vint (edited February 13, 2006 1:15:17 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  241
February 16, 2006 6:36:53 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny got off her varactyl, Anna, and patted her on the head, letting her get into the pen. She had found out about the identity of this one a few minutes after she got on, on a necklace Anna wore on her neck, she once had rode these same creatures back when she was hunting for the truth about her parents.

"Jenny," Evi came with a restless look on her face as she dispatched her orders to Jenny: "Get Catlin and Vint, find somewhere where we can stay for the night, just 4 or 5 hours tops. Remember, no fancy hotels, don't make a scene because we don't want the local authorities on our tails. Just pick a place where eight people can stay for 4 to hours, without anybody getting too suspicious of us."

"Alright, Evi, I got it." Jenny responded politely, when she added: "What about our weapons?"

"Well, give that to me and I'll take care of it." Evi answered, while added, looking at the worried expression on Jenny's face. "Don't worry, I won't get it lost."

"Alright, here's the rifle. Keep it with the other weapons that we took from the store, I'll check in if there's a suitable place for us to dig in, okay?" Jenny said politely as she handed Evi the rifle.

Jenny walked to Catlin and Vint, who were just settling down and sharing their varactyl's name, Jenny cutted in, making the two notice her presence:

"My varactyl's name is Anna, she's a good girl, and I've ridden with those creatures back when I was a kid. Come on, Evi just handed down our orders." Jenny relayed the orders onto Catlin and Vint, who didn't have any rifle or big weapons on them. Jenny added, "Good, then let's get moving."

They walked out of the tunnel, looking for any place where they could stay without the police getting too suspicious, they had found nothing, until Catlin tapped her on the shoulders ten minutes later.

"Looks to be abandoned, let's check it out." Jenny remarked as they made their way into an abandoned house off the road going toward Statua, where they were supposed to go.

At first impression, you thought it would look okay, but then you go inside, and you see the reason it was abandoned. The place reeked of a stink that took the breath out of Jenny, the living room was the reason, leftovers that never had been eaten, the owners must have been mental or something to have left something good like bacon sandwich out to rot.

"Jenny," Catlin reported, as she looked in disgust at the living room, "The whole place looks empty and smells of leftover food, but it looks like the three bedrooms are okay, if you get past the iron spring, of course."

"What about the bathrooms?" Jenny asked, staring at the couch, which looked okay to sleep on except there was an apple rotting in its comfort.

"They all check out, the family, well&.."

"What's wrong?" Jenny asked as she looked at the sad look on Catlin's face.

"It's not so well, we just found a leftover of what looked like a diary, kept by the family's mother, it's not a good thing to read because this whole family was messed up. The father was a retired rebel, out to organize groups which would promote their good standings and all that. The mother didn't approve of it because they were in trouble with the police. The kids, of course, were terrified, about it. In the end, the father shot himself from being cornered by the police, insane man&. The kids and the mom moved out. No one has touched the house ever since, it's been rotting like this for days." Catlin explained as Jenny quickly asked, looking at the family photos on a nearby coffee table.

"So, can we stay here, I mean, is there enough beds and couches for everyone to lie down on?"

"If you can get past the smell and get rid of some of this stink, then we have to let one person sleep on the ground, because there aren't enough. The bedrooms only can stay four people; there was the two-person bedroom for the parents, one each for the kids. The rest are the couches and the armchair, one couch here in the living room, the other in the reading area."

"Reading area?" Jenny said questionably as if she wasn't listening and was suddenly interested.

"Sort of a family-togetherness room, it's where they watch TV together, but it's probably missing the dad, who has his own TV, in here."

At this point, Jenny saw Vint come in, who saw the still grieving face on Catlin and now, Jenny's face.

"Look, Jenny, it's nothing to grieve about, at least the kids were okay, and you can read about it if you want." Vint said, handing the diary to Jenny, who took it and put it in a pocket in her pants. He added, "So, let's tell Evi about this, alright?"

"Okay," Jenny replied quickly before turning on her wristcom and pressed till she found Evi's signal, some miles away, she quickly spoke into the wristcom:

"Evi, this is Jenny, checking in, we've found a suitable place, over."

"Jenny, thank god, finally&.. Tell me about the place you found and we'll see if it's good, over." Evi responded, a bit happier after Jenny's briefing in the tunnels.

Evi listened with intent as Jenny relayed everything that she found about this house and everything Catlin and Garet found, including the family history. At last, she stopped and Evi told Jenny, a few minutes later:

"Well, except for the bit lack of sleeping space and the stinking food, plus the rebel dad, I think we can consider this space our resting stop. Good that it's on the road to where we're headed. Send the coordinates and I'll relay this to Zafo. Good job, Jenny. Out."

Jenny quickly send the coordinates, telling Catlin and Vint the good news, they were excited over it, plus hoping that Zafo will approve.

"We'll see, for now, let's get this stinking food into the trash." Jenny responded, as she, Catlin and Vint started picking up the stinking food and throwing it into a bag they found, the last trash bag still lying around, filling with the same disgusting food.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Evani
ComNet Veteran

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  1037
February 19, 2006 8:59:36 AM    View the profile of Evani 
"Where are we heading?" asked Garet as they started trudging through the underground city.
"I'm not sure exactly, to be honest" muttered Evani.
"Great planning" replied Garet sarcastic. Arzano looked at the confused.
"Don't worry kid, we'll be fine" said Garet as he ruffled the fifteen year's hair.
Just then Evani's ComLink chimed.

"Evi, this is Jenny, checking in, we've found a suitable place, over." Evani sighed before responding.

"Jenny, thank god, finally.... Tell me about the place you found and we'll see if it's good, over." Evani muttered.

Evani listened interested at what Jenny had to say about their findings. Not what she had in mind, but it would have to do she supposed.

"Well, except for the bit lack of sleeping space and the stinking food, plus the rebel dad, I think we can consider this space our resting stop. Good that it's on the road to where we're headed. Send the coordinates and I'll relay this to Zafo. Good job, Jenny. Out."  Evani sighed again. With Jenny she always had to talk extra nice, not wanting to hurt the sensitive Twilek's feelings. Evani stifled a snort. She quickly contacted Zafo who also seemed reluctant of the place. They both came to an agreement that if anything happens with either group, they will continue heading to Pau.
Evani quickly contacted Jennabelle and Vint as well.

"Jenny, Vint, this is Evani, if either Zafo or I don't arrive at rest place, continue heading to Pau. I'm getting a feeling we're gonna split up. Since your group is without a FTL, Vint till Gio, and Zafo arrive you lead the group. Contact me if there are any problems. I expect Jenny and Caitlin to listen to you, that's all for now" Evani cut the connection quickly. She couldn't afford Jenny to lead the group. It may end up in chaos.

"Do you know any slicing?" asked Evani towards Arzano.
"I did some basics with them, why?" asked Arzano curiously as they entered paved streets, usually bustling with live of all races. Now silent in the sleeping night, the paved road took random crooks and nooks, with a sudden turn to left or right, or splitting up in four directions.

"I need to get in the security database, just have to check some thing over, and I need a map" said Evani.
"Sounds good, might be tricky to slice it though, being security and all," muttered Arzano. Before either of the group could respond an answer, the loud rumble of a wagon drowned their focus.

Evani looked at the wagon confused. She hasn't seen this contraption since Anaxen. Unlike normal vehicle this piece of primordial device travelled on four wheels. Wooden wheels. Several cages and cells were situated in the wagon with a few residents inside. The noise of whippings, roars and screams sounded dimly through the quiet street. Blinding lights dotted around as if searching for something. Suddenly it settled on them. It seems the wagon suddenly speeded up, before coming to an abrupt halt right in front of them.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this," muttered Garet as they stepped back cautiously. Before either of them had a chance to take action a net sprayed from the darkness, and caught them. Garet reflexively unsheathed his dagger before the net enveloped them. Within seconds he managed to tear his way through the square pieces of rope. He was about to do the same for Evani and Arzano who were both still trapped when a second net caught them. The gibberish talking of foreign languages made their way towards them, but before Evani had the chance to identify the language a blow to the side of her head knocked her out.

"We're in some deep shit Evi," said Garet when Evani woke at last. For the first few minutes during her wake, she found her self-unable to speak, till some cool liquid trickled down her throat. Courtesy of Arzano and a handy water bottle, which reeked.

"What' going on?" asked Evani as she downed the bottle while pinching her nose to block the smell.
"While you were out, our fellow roommate-"Garet flicked his thumb to a lump of shadows,
" told us some interesting stuff. Apparently this wagon goes through small town like Statua in the night, and anyone who meets their way during that time is captured to be sold. We have already bin shifted vehicles the wagon is still doing some rounds, feels almost like a sand crawler " Evani groaned.
"Any good news?" she asked in misery.
"We're heading to Pau, Statua was their last stop" said Garet with a mock grin.
"Lets hope Zafo continues to go on without us, best for us to get some sleep now" muttered Evani. She felt around for her blaster at her waist, but to no surprise found it missing
"They confiscated our stuff, I figured it would happen."  Said Arzano.
Evani scowled, she felt for her prized her whip. The one she took at the pit fight. It was gone. With angry curses she slammed her fist down to the ground.
"Frakked, that was a good whip,"
"Don't worry, I feel the same way about my dagger" said Garet with a dark glare.
Evani felt her boots for the whip hidden in the side. The uncomfortable lump bulging from the leather under her fingers comforted her a little bit.

A slap to her face quickly woke Evani. Shaking her self clear of the burning sensation on her cheek, she looked up. Tootles, beard, bloodshot, and lust filled eyes, she shivered. To her greater shock she found a familiar face standing with arms crossed over his torso smirking at her.

"Toro&how the frak did you escape?"  Sneered Evani as she was jerked in a standing position. Garet and Arzano both seemed to have been removed. Instead the unconscious body of a wookie lay slumped against the wall.

"Thanks to your lousy scums who forgot me," said Toro; he bellowed a laugh from the back of his throat. He waited for a reaction from Evani, but a glare was all he received.
"I take it youre' the boss"
"Of course I am, my connections are every where"  said Toro with a malicious smirk.
"Tie her and leave," he ordered towards the guard who was gripping Evani by her arm. The guard seemed disappointed to let Evani go so soon, but quickly had her hoisted her a few inches in the air by means of tying her wrists to hooks protruding from the ceiling.
Toro dragged a chair over by one hand while his other was fiddling around with his utility belt.

At last he seated himself on the chair, and stared Evani in the eyes.
"You answer, or you get hurt, if you don't co-operate I will sell you to some cantina where you can spend the rest of your pathetic life," 

Evani smirked.
"Do what you want" she said hotly.
A sharp blow lashed across her arms that were tied to the ceiling. Toro clutched Evani's whip fiercely in his hands.
"Starting with the first question, who are you?"

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  441
February 19, 2006 1:55:35 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo's hopes of a five star hotel were beyond shattered when he and Gio rode up to the abandoned building. Giovanni's face revealed he was experiencing the same emotions.

"Didn't the Dragoons used to be known for staying at ridiculously over luxurious hotels during missions?" Gio said with a smirk.

"Used to be." Zafo replied, both Dragoons shared a laugh. "I think we are the only ones left who remember those days..."

As the cold wind the Senior Sergeant's face, all his memories with the Dragoons seemed to replay themselves at the same time. Many fine soldiers had come and gone over the years. Only Gio and Sam remain from the original line-up he was once thrown into.

Zafo raised his hand to shield the wind from his burning eyes. As if it was the wind had triggered this recollection of memories, he was snapped back to the reality that faced him and the abandoned building he was so looking forward to spending time in.

"I'm a stormtrooper for gods sake, suck it up."

Zafo and Gio both raised their hands to their faces and began to cough as the foul smell of rotting food hit their noses. Shrugging their shoulders, they joined up with Vint, Jenna and Caitlin who were sitting at the kitchen table, small scraps of rotting food lying on the floor.

"Any sign of Evani yet?" Zafo pondered, turning his gaze from soldier to soldier. He wasn't sure which of them was assuming the leader position.

"Not yet." The most unfamiliar of the faces answered.

Zafo nodded as he rose from the table.

"I'm going to go catch some shut-eye."

The odor had managed to leak into the bedroom, nearly bringing tears to Zafo's eyes. Stuffing his face into his pillow, he tried desperately to separate his mind from his body so he could just get some rest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zafo awoke to the violent shaking of Giovanni. His eyes were alert, and filled with energy. He didn't even have to say anything before Zafo knew something foul was going down.

"We need to get out of here." Giovanni said sternly, letting go his grip of Zafo's shoulders. "Now."
"Do I get an explanation?" Zafo inquired jokingly, as he pulled his cloak over his head and fastened his utility belt. The room spun slightly from the blood drained from his head for getting up so fast.

"Someone must have realized that a bunch of people in an abandoned house, along with a bundle of Varactyls outside was bad news. Someone tipped us off." Giovanni paused and shifted his gaze to the ground.

Zafo looked at him with a puzzled expression. "And?..."

Giovanni swallowed before continuing. "They barged through the door..." He lifted his eyes from the ground to Zafo's. "Caitlin was holding a rifle, they thought she was a threat. They fired."

Silence followed, with exception of the bustling Dragoons in the other room. Zafo swallowed, and took a couple of deep breaths. He had hardly known Caitlin, but it was still a terrible feeling to loose one of your own.

"Clearly, you guys fired back?" Zafo asked, trying to make his voice sound as normal as possible.

"Yeah...the three cops are dead. Only you can be sure backup will arrive any second now." Zafo now understood the urgency with which they must leave the building.

"What time did Evani get back yesterday?" Zafo asked out of curiosity.

"That's the next part, she and her group never showed."

"I tried their comlinks." Gio quickly interrupted as he saw Zafo dart for his comlink. "They are all down."

Zafo let out a stream of curses and forced his head against the wall a couple of times.

"You heard what she said. We must go on. We need to leave...now...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited February 19, 2006 2:05:53 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  73
Total Posts:  794
February 19, 2006 6:25:30 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
(OCC: I'm back. Let's do this!)

After attaining his medical attention, Sam emerged with a bandage wrapped around his right eye and bandages on his forarms and hands. That was one of the only bar fights he had sustained any real harm.
    As he left the medical center, he was confronted by the local police.
    "Is there something I can do for you chaps?" Sam asked the officers.
    "Oh aye. We have a few questions for you. Mind coming down to the station so we can chat in private?" one officer asked.
    Sam followed the officers to the station. They entered and directed him to a small cell block.
    "Hey hey hey, I thought we were going to talk not toss me away," Sam retorted.
    "We are going to talk but if you don't give us the answers we like then we don't want you to run away on us," the officer laughed.
    So Sam continued on quitely down the hallway. One of the officers grabbed Sam's shoulder and pointed to a cell. He entered and was followed by three officers. He sat down on the bunk and preped himself for their questions.
    "Alright, let's begin," Sam said.
    "What is your full name?" the officer asked.
    "Eeth Zur," Sam said after a short pause.
    "Is that your real name or is it just an alias?" the officer questioned.
    "What!? You believe that a Zabrak would lie about their name?" Sam stated, "No Zabrak would ever sink to that low of a level. I hope that this is going somewhere."
    "You better watch it, bub. Now, what is your purpose on Utapau? It is odd that a Zabrak is even on this planet," replied the officer.
    "I'm meeting a friend of mine here. She has the title to a house that I need to pick up and transport to Corellia to give to a merchant there," Sam said so fluidly that it would be highly improbable that the officers would relize it was lie.
    "I see. We shall return after we give our report to the captain," said the officer, "It shouldn't take long. Sit tight."
    The officers left closing the cell door behind them. Sam was now stuck in jail after a blasted bar fight. Sam noticed the news console in the corner of the room. He waltzed over to it and started to browse the current events.
    The most recent event was about a small fire fight broke out between police and what looked to be thugs of some sort. Three officers were killed and one of the attackers were killed.
    "I hope that isn't DD," Sam mumbled to himself, "Because if it is this could make my way out of here difficult."
    Fifteen minutes later, the questioning officers returned. Sam stood up quickly with the hopes that he would be getting out of here.
    "Alright, you are free to go," the officer said, "Just don't let us catch you doing anything illegal."
    "Thanks. I do have one question though," Sam said politely.
    "Oh? What's that?" the officer said.
    "What is the fastest way to get to Pau city from here?" Sam asked.
    "There is a varactyl shop down the street. Get one of those and they wil give you a map, " the officer said, "Shouldn't be to hard to find it with all that."
    "Thanks, hope to see you guys off duty some time," Sam laughed.
    Sam was escorted out of the station and directed to the varactyl dealer. When he arrived at the dealer he forked over what credits he had to buy one so he could meet up with the rest of the group at Pau. Sam examined the map and headed off towards Pau.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/SGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

"Only the willful can perform the miracles of the mind." -- me
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  732
February 21, 2006 5:54:59 PM    View the profile of vint 
Vint stood in the hallway of this wreck they called a "house". Four bodies lay at his feet. Two policemen had been taken down by him, Jenny got the other. The other body&..

"Jenny, what are we going to do with her?" Vint asked, his throat clearly lacking any moisture. She took a few seconds before she answered. Gio and Zafo could be heard from the other room.

"We can't leave her here&" That was all she could say; her eyes were glued to the blood covered floor.

"Zafo should know what to do&"

Jenny nodded. She was about to open her mouth when the two entered the hall.

"Leave Catlin, more police are on their way. We leave now." He stressed the last word considerably.

They took their varactyl's out into the desert, headed toward Pau. There was no sign of being followed.

The squad was divided, neither knowing each others locations. The only thing they could do was continue toward their goal, Pau. But they didn't have the largest of hopes; what would they do when they got to the capital? Evani didn't give specific instructions on that part of the mission. They had no plan B really, but they weren't totally hopeless. Completing the mission required one thing: Getting the squad back together.

After a few hours they paused. The sun was rising. Soon they would be out of supplies. In their hurry to leave they had only grabbed a few food packs.

-----------------------
Dark Dragoons

TRP/PFC Vint/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Down in Utapau(Dark Dragoons)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:30:17 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 137  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >