Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  841
Total Posts:  948
  RE: Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)
July 27, 2005 10:23:56 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
"We're geting damn lucky.  The 5th Sword of Light's marines should have torn us apart by now.  Smoke and thermites.  Time to go before we get in any deeper.  Kuroishi barked into his comm.

If they managed to get away it would be exceptionally difficult to actually leave planet at this juncture.

Kuroishi redied his grenades and tossed for maximum effect.

As the smoke and bursts of fire errupted in the ground to cover Wraith's escape the squad moved out.

Only the inexplicably poor performance of one of the New Republic's best regiments had saved them this day.  They still may yet have a chance if they drove through with thier heavy armor.

Kuroishi was no longer packing enough ordinance to do anything more then foul up maybe two treds or repulsor lifts.

Blasting with his rifle to keep the enemy pinned down Kuroishi moved with his men.

With a rumble a frightening sight came before Kuroishi.

In a flash of movement Kuroishi instinctively tossed one of his blasting blocks onto the tread of the tank and pressed the trigger.  He was too close and knocked back by the explosion.

An instant after the explosion the tank's main gun fired and glanced a shot off Kuroishi's right shoulder as it's aim was ruined by the rocking of the explosion.

Kuroishi lay on the ground barely conscious.

"What is it with me and getting shot by weapons that can negate most of the protective value of my armor lately?"  Kuroishi groaned as he kept awake.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
"It's not what I'm on it's what I'm NOT on."-far as I know me
"Now equiped with Swiss Army Lightsaber!"
5/13/2005-My journey to the Darkside is complete
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  167
Total Posts:  635
August 6, 2005 9:23:45 PM    View the profile of Slick 
"Hunter! Rommel! Give us some cover fire! Snipes, I need a hand here!" Slick yelled over the noises of the battlefield.

As Hunter, and Rommel moved to take up positions on the plain, Anubis, Mandor, and Otto began to toss grenades at the New Republic tanks.  Snipes hurried over to help Slick, as Lukas took out his sniper rifle.  Crouching beside Kuroishi, Slick scowled at the wound.

"How bad is it?" Snipes asked hurriedly.

"It isn't good. I'm going to need you to help carry him. I'll patch him up as best I can, but I'll need a few minutes!" said Slick as he ripped off the SL armor.

"I don't know if we have that Slick..." said Snipes slowly.

Pulling his com at the sergeants words Slick yelled to Lukas. "Lukas! I need you to buy me at least a three minute window!"

Static poured out of the com, but Lukas' voice was clear. "I don't think we can. They have to many troops, and the tanks are starting to push forward. We can't hold them!"

"Then Kuroishi is dead!" with that Slick put the com away, and looked at Snipes. "Hand me that syringe."

Snipes did so, and Slick looked at his squad leader. "This is going to burn like hell Kuroishi, but I need you to stay with me..." with that the trooper slammed the syringe into Kuroishi's neck.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Slick/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]

"Even the best soldiers will fall if they stand alone."

"If you question your actions in war... you know that you are still sane."
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  360
Total Posts:  504
August 9, 2005 9:01:42 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas looked at his long time squad leader and friend, the syringe had been just put into his neck. Lukas looked away and out at the rest of his squad. It looked like a hopeless situation, but Wraith squad would do there damn best to get out of this alive and in one piece. Hunter and Rommel were a little ways infront of him, taking down oncoming New Republic troops. The Republic soldiers ran at them in a full out assault, like a swarm of ants on all sides. Just behind them, Anubis, Otto, and Mandor were throwing grenades to try and stop the oncoming tanks.

Slick had told Lukas that he would need to buy them three minutes, Lukas had thought it would be impossible to do it, but he had to do it and make it possible because if he didn't, his squad leader would be dead in a matter of minutes. Lukas went down on his stomach in the wide open plain, his sniper rifle in his hands. He took a gander through his scope and began firing at the oncoming flood of New Republic troops as fast as he could.

New Republic soldier's heads exploded, spun, and fell in a twirling motion as Lukas kept a steady firing of headshots. Laser fire was extremely heavy, a laser bolt would stream past his head every now and then, as he continue to fire and reload. Hunter, Rommel, and the rest of the squad kept on firing, bringing down a wall of soldiers at once. The tanks kept rolling though, even though they were smoking, some where even catching on fire.

The New Republic soldiers' bodies were piling up, creating a semi wall, Lukas hoped this would buy the needed time for Slick to do what his medical training had prepared him for. Meanwhile, Wraith squad continued to provide sniper and covering fire. New Republic troopers tried scaling the small wall of bodies, but as they tried to do so, Lukas would pop there heads off with a headshot. Tank fire erupted loudly, soaring over Wraith squad, and crashing with an ear splitting bang.

Lukas ordered Wraith's to continue the steady stream of cover fire at the Republic troops and tanks while Slick did his work.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
Wraith Squad
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  860
Total Posts:  948
August 10, 2005 11:35:55 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi lay there as Slick worked.

"Here Slick.  Use this to stop the bleeding."  Kuroishi said as he held his vibro katana up.

"That will get too hot."  Slick said as he kept working.

"We don't have time for this.  If we can at least get to where we stashed the escape vehicles I'll be allright."  Kuroishi said as he continued to assess the situation.

'Damn.  My shoulder hurts.  Judging by how grogy I am either Slick grabbed the wrong needle or I have a cuncussion.  Assume the later for now.  Remember my training.  Keep my mind active and working.'  Kuroishi thought to himself.

"Wait I'm not done yet."  Slick said as Kuroishi got to his feet.

"If we stay here we are all done for.  I will not let the New Republic win so easily.  I cannot."  Kuroishi said as he marched toward the escape vehicles.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Avatar and sig by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
5/13/2005-My journey to the Darkside is complete
Slick
ComNet Cadet

Slick

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  200
Total Posts:  635
August 16, 2005 11:07:38 AM    View the profile of Slick 
Shaking his head at Kuroishi, Slick pulled his com. "Lukas.  It's go time.  Get the men pulled out of there. Snipes and I will hold the ramp."

The voice came back, "Roger that.  Moving now."

With that done Snipes, and Slick ran to the escape vehicles.  It was a pair of old freighters, but with some major military modifications.  Each was equipt with two pairs of quad-lasers.  The basic shields had been replaced with a higher model of Correllian Mark III all around shields.  As Kuroishi prepped the ships for take off, the two troopers took up fighting positions on the ramp of the nearest vessel.

Within moments the rest of the squad could be seen sprinting across the plain towards the ships.  A large mass of New Republic troops were no more than a hundred meters behind them, and gaining.  Slick and Snipes began to fire over the heads of their comrades.  Criss-crossing blaster bolts filled the air with a colorful display of destruction.  As the Wraiths reached the ships they split into two groups.  Lukas, Anubis, and Hunter joined Slick, and Snipes on the first ship.  Rommel, Mandor, and Otto Vox joined Kuroishi in the second.

Lukas ran to the cockpit, and strapped himself in. "I need a co-pilot, and get me two in the turrents!"

As Snipes and Hunter ran to the turrents, Anubis and Slick joined Lukas in the cockpit.  Anubis took the co-pilot seat, and Slick jumped in front of the communication board.  The quad lasers of both ships began firing, and decimating the New Republic forces.  As the freighters lifted from the ground, the tanks bagan to fire. 

"Hunter! Focus all available fire at those tanks!" Slick yelled into the ships com.

"Got it.  Commencing fire now."  came the reply.

As the ships reached the atmosphere and the blackness of space, not a word was exchanged between the Wraiths.  What was there to say.  They had survived another mission together, and had saved each other countless times.  The squad had formed a bond that only combat veterans could have.  With that the ships launched into hyperspace, and took the troops home...

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Slick/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]

"Even the best soldiers will fall if they stand alone."

"If you question your actions in war... you know that you are still sane."
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:11:55 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 97  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >