Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)
Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  49
Total Posts:  107
  RE: Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)
July 8, 2005 11:02:39 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
Rommel thought to himself, of all the squads to get put into I get the one with a deathwish.  I've finally found my family he thought as he grinned under his helmet. They had been running around for what seemed like hours.  All the hard training and conditioning was paying off, regular stormtroopers weren't conditioned or trained for this type of combat.  "Hey Hunter how many badguys have you gotten so far, I'm at seven".  CPL Anubis was trying to contact Kuroishi on the com.  "Any luck" said Slick, "nothing but static" said Anubis.  A lot of indiviuals would feel hopeless in a situation anything close to what Wraith Squad was in, but Rommel always seem to thrive in desperate situations.  Rommel was a glass half full type of guy. Even though there was death and chaos all around the confidence that Wraith Squad displayed was reassuring.  Somehow Rommel knew he would not die, at least not today.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Rommel/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  199
July 9, 2005 12:50:44 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
After running around for a few more minutes in the compound, Anubis decided that running around wouldn't get them anywhere further.  He motioned the group of four to take some cover and remain silent as he took out a holomap of the complex.  Due to the configuration of the complex, it was apparent that they could be in one of seven locations located throughout the complex.

There were no unique features to the building, one of the things that Anubis didn't expect from a merc base.  Another thud was heard not far from their position, as well as the clattering of heavy boots.  Anubis knew that the sound certainly wasn't coming from any of the mercs that guarded the base, and were most certainly the marines from the 5th Sword of Light.  Anubis motioned for the group to get up quickly, and move down the opposite way of the sound.

The group reached a turbolift leading to the top of the complex, where Anubis brought the group behind a small wall used mostly for storage, but was empty for the time being.  "Alright, we currently have two viable options." Anubis said, looking at the others in the group.  Even covered by the helmets, Anubis could sense a feeling of tension yet excitement coming from the group, and Anubis knew that such could either give them a miraculous escape, or painful death.  "We can either take this turbolift up, allowing us to quickly pinpoint the location of the sensor array, or we can take it up to the second to last level, and hope that we get lucky.  It'll be more difficult that way...which will cost time, but we'll be less noticeable to the forces outside.  Unfortunately, I have to go with the first option, seeing as time is crucial in this moment.  Anyone disagree?"

Anubis looked around at those in the group, he knew a few of them held worry, but in the end the group simply nodded in agreement.  They all agreed that time was precious in this moment, and that escape was needed.  "Alright, come on, we'll take the lift up, but keep your blasters drawn, just in case we come across any mercs on the upper level.  Anubis got up to the control console for the turbolift, and brought the lift down to their level.  Upon shuffling in the others, a large blaster bolt hit the wall next to the console.  Anubis quickly looked up, along with Slick, at the heavily armed squad of New Republic marines, clad in heavy durasteel armor and carrying massive blaster cannons.  The pair of Wraiths simply opened fire for a few moments before jumping into the turbolift and closing the hatch.

The humm of the turbolift ascending the complex was soothing for the few seconds that existed between levels.  Anubis and Slick got to their feet, blasters at the ready as the turbolift doors opened.  The Wraiths shuffled out of the turbolift, overlooking the base for a few moments before seeing the round dome signalling the location of the sensor array.  The glow of dawn in the distance, Anubis took out a timed charge from his pack, making sure it was ready, then replacing it back in its pack.  "Alright, it's time for us to make some fireworks."

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Slick
ComNet Novice

Slick

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  635
July 9, 2005 9:34:48 PM    View the profile of Slick 
Grinning like a kid, Slick said, "That's what I like to hear!  I love fireworks!"

Anubis glanced at him, "Then lets get moving."

The four troopers ran across the top of the building.  They rappeled where it was needed, and scaled the walls where it was to high.  Before long they had the round dome in sight.  Anubis pulled his micro binoculars and scanned the area.

"What do you see?" Rommel asked quietly.

"Well I can only see six guards..." said Anubis.

"And that means alot more are hiding.  If they only have six here during an attack... we're looking at an ambush." Slick finished. "Let me have a gander."

"A gander?" said Anubis with a chuckle.

"Hey do I say anything about how you talk?" After a moment Slick turned to the Corporal. "It's merc forces, but we can't get them with the sniper rifle.  They're behind covor.  So if it's merc forces out here..."

"The 5th Sword is in there.  Why can't things be easy?" Anubis snarled. "How many do you think are inside Slick."

"With everything else that's going on?  I'd say a squad... two at the most.  So at a minimum... nine.  Max... about eighteen. Wait!  Add six to both of those.  I forgot the mercs!" the trooper laughed. "So how are we doing this?"

Anubis thought hard, "I can only think of a frontal assualt.  They're looking for us so we can't scam our way, and there's no covor. Plus the rifles are useless so..."

"Alright lets do it." Hunter said.

"Okay." said Rommel with a resigned sigh.

"Ready when you are boss." said Slick with a smile as he slapped a fresh blaster pack home.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Slick/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA[LoR]

"Someday we will all be alone.  All alone in a combat zone, but the Corps going to bring us home."
Slick
ComNet Novice

Slick

Post Number:  80
July 10, 2005 12:21:57 AM    View the profile of Slick 
"I'll take point." said Slick "Let's move!"

Without another word the four troopers began sprinting across the field.  The mercs, taken by surprise, didn't open fire immediatly.  After a few moments the ground around the Wraiths was being kicked up by heavy blaster rifle fire.  Raising his E-11/L Slick fired back, as did the rest of the Wraiths.  The air was heavy with the fire exchange.  Hunter was hit high in the right shoulder, but his armor took most of the shot.  As they approached the door to the sensor dome, one of the mercs fell screaming.  It was Rommel who had made the kill.

The four soldiers leaned against the building catching their breath.  Their weapons were held at the ready.  As Anubis was looking over the door, Slick put Rommel on security as he hurried over to Hunter. 

"How bad is it?" Slick asked.

"It's not bad... just hurts." Hunter answered with a wince.

"Let me take a look."  As Hunter removed his armor, Slick looked him over. "You have a very small blaster burn.  We'll have to get it looked at after the mission.  For now take this.  It's a mild painkiller."

Hunter took it, and nodded gratefully. "Thanks Slick."

Slick grinned, "Don't thank me... thank your recruiter!"

"Weapons at the ready men! We're going in!" yelled Anubis as the door swung inwards.

-----------------------

"Someday we will all be alone.  All alone in a combat zone, but the Corps going to bring us home."
Slick
ComNet Novice

Slick

Post Number:  81
July 10, 2005 1:24:24 PM    View the profile of Slick 
As the door swung inwards, Slick and Anubis took up firing stances in the door.  Slick was on one knee in the doorway, while Anubis stood behind him.  They opened fire not knowing where the enemy was.  Blaster fire filled the air... but no return shots came...

Both troopers stopped firing, and looked around.  The sensor array was directly in front of them... but no enemy soldiers were to be found.  The two seasoned troopers looked at each other uneasily.  Anubis waved in Rommel, and Hunter.  Then the four Wraiths moved into the room.

It was a large room with most of the dome covored with a large window.  Alot of consoles filled the room, but no one was manning them.  Anubis, and Hunter walked in the center of the room, while Rommel and Slick covored the outer rim of the dome.  Finding nothing they joined the Corporal.

As they approached the sensor array, Anubis pulled his timed charge, and set it for ten minutes.  Plenty enough time for the Wraiths to get away.  He hurriedly set it at the base of the array, and then motioned for the squad to leave.  They had moved about twenty feet when the sound of breaking glass was heard overhead.  As the troopers looked up, men in commando armor were rappeling into the room from a dropship.  Rommel gave out a yell as soldiers burst from hidden compartments in the floor.  Within seconds the Wraiths were surrounded.  The four troopers standing back-to-back.  Anubis facing the door, Hunter to his left, Slick to his right, and Rommel facing the array.  Anubis did a quick count.  Almost three full squads were here!

Someone stepped forward. "So we have finally got the elusive Wraith Squad.  I am Captain Manger.  The commanding officer of the 5th Sword of Light."

"We can't fight our way out of here Anubis.  It's suicide!" Slick whispered.

"I know, but if that bomb goes off we're dead too!" Anubis said back.

"Begging your pardon SIR.  You haven't got all of Wraith." Anubis fired at the captain.

"No matter.  We will have them all soon enough.  We have you for a start." the captain said with a victorious smile.

That smile filled the Wraiths with rage. "On my signal... let them have it.  If we are to die... we die in combat!" Anubis said as his eyes narrowed beneath his helmet.

"You got it." Slick said in a small enraged voice.

"They're dead." Hunter said with grim determination.

"I'm ready." Rommel snarled.

"It's been a pleasure to serve with you Anubis." Slick said with a smile.

"Agreed Slick" Anubis chuckled. "Wraith go!"

In the space of a second Rommel and Hunter had dropped to the prone, as Slick and Anubis crouched.  As the enemy stared in stunned silence the Wraiths opened fire.  Blaster bolts filled the air, grenades exploded, and the room filled with smoke.  The air began to smell of death, but still the battle raged on.

-----------------------

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  824
Total Posts:  948
July 12, 2005 11:18:58 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Toned down to comply with PG-13 rating.  /OOC]

Kuroishi traded shots with a patrol as he ducked into another building.

The 5th Sword of Light was already getting thier infantry and marines down.  It would not be long before they deployed any of thier fearsome armored forces.

Kuroishi put his double barreled blaster rifle away switching to his vibro katana and one of his M-105 Super Heavy Blaster pistols.

Skulking about Kuroishi found a technician working on a comm panel.

With a blur of motion Kuroishi drew the unactivated flat side of his vibro katana across the back of the man's head.

Kuroishi stepped over the tech.

Dodgin a patrol Kuroishi found himself in what appeared to be an office space.  Immediately he knew he was not alone.

With a snap shot from his pistol the other form managed to duck out of the way and was now in front of Kuroishi.

"You nearly shot me."  Lukas Yuy said flatly.

"I missed didn't I?  I'll see if I can draw off the patrols."  Kuroishi answered as he ran back into the hallway.

Kuroishi ducked two more patrols before he found the door he wanted.  Placing two blasting blocks on the door and one on each side of the door ten meters down.

Taking cover Kuroishi pressed the detonator and charged into the rubble now leading into the main courtyard.

Bolts flew and Kuroishi switched to his double barrled blaster rifle as those near the wall fell.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
"It's not what I'm on it's what I'm NOT on."-far as I know me
"Now equiped with Swiss Army Lightsaber!"
5/13/2005-My journey to the Darkside is complete
Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

Post Number:  50
July 12, 2005 7:34:53 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
As soon as Rommel hit the prone position time seem to slow down to half speed.  Blaster bolts were hitting all around  Rommel and the squad, but so far they were missing.  Actually they were missing very badly.  Rommel assumed this was due to the fact the 5th Guard were very surprised that Wraith Squad were fighting back. The 5th Guard were actually in a bad tactical position.  They had surrounded the squad, but in doing so they had put themselves, if they missed, shooting into each other.  They also did not have proper spacing which allowed Wraith squad to use grenades and take out multiple groups of soldiers.  Rommel was taking out soldiers so fast it almost seemed unfair.  He didn't even have to aim, they were packed so tight. Rommel noticed the others were having equal success at taking down the bad guys. Rommel could sense the 5th Guard soldiers were starting to panic.  Rommel grinned to himself, if you are going to grab a special forces soldier by his butt you better know were his fists are.

-----------------------

"Soldiers train for war, everything else is BS"
Slick
ComNet Novice

Slick

Post Number:  85
July 14, 2005 9:33:27 AM    View the profile of Slick 
The ground was littered with the bodies of dead, and dying soldiers.  The smell of burned flesh filled the air, as the shots crisscrossed the room.  Slowly the blaster fire began to slow down... until there was no return fire from the 5th Sword.  Rommel looked around, and all he saw were the bodies of the 5th's soldiers.  As he looked at his squadmates, he recieved quite a shock.  Corporal Anubis, and Private First Class Slick were down.

Anubis' armor had deep blaster scores all over it.  The soldier lay there motionless.  Slick was softly groaning as he tried to raise up, but he had the wind knocked out of him.  His armor had taken it's fair share of blows, and Rommel quickly hurried over to him.

"Slick are you okay?" he asked hurriedly.

"I'm fine kid.  I'm gonna pass out soon though.  How's Anubis?  Check his pulse."  Slick said thickly, and Rommel obeyed.

"He's alive."  Rommel said.

"Good.  I hate to... put this on your shoulders, but... you and Hunter are the only ones left to carry out the mission.  Our... our lives are in your hands kid."  with that Slick blacked out.

Rommel motioned to Hunter, and they proceeded to carry the wounded troopers.  Rommel grabbed Anubis, as Hunter grabbed Slick.  The two young stormtroopers stared at each other for a moment.

"Now what do we do?"  Hunter asked.

"I don't know.... I have no idea..."  Rommel stammered.

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Cadet

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  275
Total Posts:  407
July 14, 2005 11:16:28 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
"Well, it's only us and if we go find help it will be a great risk.  But we can't just leave them here, what if the soldiers find them?" asked Hunter.

Rommel looked around.
"I dont see anyone," answered Rommel.
"If only Slick wasn't the one injured... he's a medic."
"Maybe we can hide them in a closet."
"Don't we do that with dead people?"
'Well we dont have time, if we do this quick we don't need to worry."
"So what do we do with them?"

The two young recruits stood there forgetting that they were on a mission for a few seconds.  Then, Rommel snapped back. 
"Let's just leave them behind the bushes outside and do the rest the fastest we can."
"Are you sure about this Rommel?"
"There is no time left!"

They ran down the hall but stopped abruptly when they heard approaching footsteps.

-----------------------
HUnter EMnis

TRP/PFCHunter_Emnis/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  181
Total Posts:  199
July 14, 2005 11:40:03 AM    View the profile of Anubis 
Unconsciousness...  Anubis told himself.  Wait, if I'm unconscious, then how can I be thinking this? Anubis asked himself, then realized that he was awake, but too exhausted to talk, or for that matter, move.  He felt pain, but he was too tired to cry out.  The only thing left for Anubis was to simply listen and think.

He heard Slick fall unconscious, then heard several exchanges between the other two Wraiths.  At least they're all alive, I hope... Anubis told himself, but then felt a bit useless after hearing Rommel comment about leaving Slick and Anubis in the bushes.  Bushes?  Oh this is just great...well I guess this is better than capture, but only slightly.   An aura of silence then penetrated the room as footsteps could be heard entering.  Then a woman's voice cried out as she was taken by surprise by Rommel and Hunter.

"Alright, quiet down...listen we won't hurt you if you help us."  Rommel's voice was sincere but also urged.  "See our comrades here, we need to get them outside to safety, but we also have a mission to complete.  If you help us, we'll let you go."  A moan of agreement came from the woman, who had been muffled, but after Rommel released her, she spoke.  "Err...alright, I can get your friends out of here if you would like.  I guess it would be better than staying with these mercs."  Anubis could recognize a tone of pain, and yet relief.  It almost sounded as if the woman was a slave to the mercs, something the New Republic likely didn't know, or want to know about.

A minute later, Anubis could feel a tug on his body, as he was lifted up.  He was then dropped onto a hoversled, a large one which he shared with Slick.  If she's capable, she'll be able to get us to those...bushes...with safety, making us look simply like corpses.  The humm of the hoversled began, and Anubis knew that for the moment, the fate of Slick and himself was based solely on that of a stranger.  It was only a matter of minutes after they began off on the hoversled that Anubis heard a loud explosion in the distance, he knew that it was the sensors array.  A small smile formed behind the scorched helmet Anubis wore, knowing that at the very least, their mission had been completed.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Hunter Emnis
ComNet Cadet

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  278
July 14, 2005 11:45:36 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
Hunter and Rommel wondered around the building apparently lost.  They had ran around looking and now found themselves in the middle of a hallway.  Below, far below was the floor.  They were almost at the roof of the building.  It had been hard for them to navigate without the help of their fellow friends.  They had sneeked past many guards but now they were in the middle of nowhere...

Hunter looked Rommel who was looking the other way. 
"Where are we?" Hunter asked.
"It seems that we are actually near the comm array."
"How do you figure?"
"Well...."  Rommel was caught off by a loud alarm and they saw soldiers rush accross the other hallway.  They were looking for the wraiths.
-----------------------
HUnter EMnis

[This message has been edited by Hunter Emnis (edited July 14, 2005 11:49:42 AM)]
Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

Post Number:  53
July 14, 2005 7:20:27 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
The merc's hadn't seen Rommel and Hunter, at least not yet.  Rommel whispered through his com inside his helmet.  Let's do this quickly, I'll take out the merc's and you take out the sensor array.  If we get split up just return back to where we left Slick and Anubis.  We'll give each other 20 mikes to make it back before we split.

Rommel thought back to how he had whispered to the women, "if we come back and your not here or something happens to my squadmates I swear I will hunt you down and make you wish you had never been born" the women shuddered but shook her head to show she understood. Rommel was not just talking smack.  Combat forms a bond between soldiers that is stronger then life itself.  If something happened to his squadmates he would hunt the women down and anyone else responsible.

Hunter nodded to Rommel that the plan was a go.  Do you have enough pyro?  Again Hunter nodded.  Rommel said one more thing before he started to engage the merc's, "I'm too good looking to die and your to young."  Hunter called back over his shoulder as he departed for the sensor array, "I think you got that backwards."

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Cadet

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  281
July 15, 2005 6:27:18 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
Hunter took a last look at Rommel before he continued down the dark dim hallway.  He hadn't heard anything and he hoped Rommel would be okay.  He kept running for what seemed like days to him.  Checking every door along the way, Hunter finally found the last door.  He opened and he found...

Nothing.  A thought hit him in the back of the head.  "It is a trap!  I have to warn Rommel."  Hunter turned back and started to run again but soldiers were waiting for him.  Determined to find Rommel, Hunter sprung into action.  He swung out his DC-15 pistol and shot a few soldiers while running towards them.  When he was in range, he withdrawed his knife from the armor and stabbed a soldier in the stomach.  Hunter found that gathering up anger helped him alot and that was what he did.  Within minutes all the soldiers were down and Hunter began to once again search for Rommel.  He heard footsteps and wanting to avoid wasting time, began to creep around. 

If there was two things he learned from his days as a slave in a arsenal, it was shooting and hiding.  Hunter avoided search parties with ease.  He found that his com had stopped working for some reason...

-----------------------
HUnter EMnis

Slick
ComNet Novice

Slick

Post Number:  95
July 15, 2005 7:16:29 PM    View the profile of Slick 
With a loud cough Slick's eyes shot open, and the first thing he say was a wall of green in front of him.  He started to cry out, but a hand was placed over his mouth.  He looked up, and a woman was staring down at him.  Her face was a mask of horror, and there was fear in her eyes.

"Please mister Slick you have to be quiet, or the mercs will catch us!"  she said hurriedly.

Slick nodded slowly, and she released her grip.  He found that he could move alittle, but it took alot of effort.  He propped himself up on his elbows, and looked around.  He saw Corporal Anubis staring at him uneasily.  He saw that the three of them were in the middle of the bushes outside the sensor dome.

"Come here." Slick motioned for the woman. "I need your help."

She hurried over, and crouched beside him. "I need you to take a medpack, and a mild painkiller.  Then I need you to patch up Anubis while I take care of myself.  Can you do that?"

She nodded, and moved to the Corporal.  As she did so Slick removed his armor.  He saw that he had several blaster burns of moderate degree.  He sprayed each with synthflesh, and held a glowbulb over his chest.  The wounds were quickly healed over.  He also took a painkiller.  By the time that Slick was well enough to move, Anubis was already on his feet.

"Good to see you Slick." Anubis grinned.

"Yeah well just don't whistle, or my head will explode." Slick said slowly.

"Well we need to get out of here." said Anubis.

"What about her?" Slick motioned to the woman.

Anubis thought for a moment. "We take her with us."

"Alright." Slick walked over to her. "What's your name?"

"It.... it.... it's Stephanie." she stammered.

"Ok Stephanie, you're going to come with us.  Do you know how to use a blaster?" she nodded, so Slick continued. "Ok good.  Here is my E-11/L.  Take good care of it."

He then pulled his blaster pistol, and looked at Anubis. "Alright.  Lets do this."

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Cadet

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  296
July 17, 2005 10:39:22 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
  Hunter looked around.  He was apparently in a stock room.  There were so many objects on the wall that Hunter had not seen.  He grabbed a rectangular looking gun and took all the ammo for it he could find.  He placed the ammo in the slots of his armor and he stepped outside. 

The halls of the building seemed endless, to Hunter it seemed like days that he had been looking for Rommel here.  He had avoided gaurds, search parties, and other obstacles.  It was when he was at the bridge when he last saw Rommel that he finally gained some hope.

"But Rommel is not here, is he?" Hunter thought to himself.  He swung around and met a huge group of soldiers.  It was the same one they saw earlier.  Hunter had recognized several of the men.  They approached with blasters as Hunter felt his body acting faster than he could think.  He jumped backwards and mowed down rows with his new gun nad then ran left when he needed to reload.  The gun was exetremely effective, it shot hundreds of metal shards.  Still surprised on how fast he was thinking, he threw an active grenade at the troopers obliterating the others that were left.

Feeling exetremely drained, Hunter leaned against the side of the glass wall as he saw the bodies lying in front of him.  Awestruck, Hunter collapsed on the floor.  But before he did, he thought he heard slick.

-----------------------
HUnter EMnis

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  831
Total Posts:  948
July 18, 2005 2:48:37 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC]  Lukas is still away and no posting in recent time from Otto Vox or Snipes.  Time to interfere.  [/OOC]

Kuroishi knew that if they stayed much longer there would be no hope of escaping through the 18th Battlegroup's naval screen that would be in position too soon.

The sensor array was down at least.  It'd probably be best to go to ground rather then push thier luck.

An awefull ot of effort and material seemed to be getting poured into this trap for just one squad.  Then again with Kuroishi's reputation they may have figured the VE proper may not be too far off or it would still prove neccessary to use such overwhelming force because of how lucky he'd gotten in the past.

Kuroishi dashed across the court yard into another building.  The ground forces were begining to have sufficient numerical superiority that mission complete or not it would be time to go.

Trading shots with a couple soldiers trying to flank him through the building Kuroishi made his way to where Otto Vox and Snipes should be.

Kuroishi entered the room where the payroll is to have been kept.

A sight that was improbable was in front of him.  Snipes and Otto Vox were bound and blindfolded in front of him with two huge hulking marines wearing thier power armor and an officer holding them prisoner.

"So you are the infamous Black Death.  Somehow I expected more.  I am Tai sho Genma Shioji of the 5th Sword of Light.  You and your Wraiths shall stand down now.  As you see I already have two of your men."  The officer spoke.

Kuroishi looked at the two marines in thier formidable power armor.  He had used up the last of his blasting blocks that would be effective against the thick hide of these monstrosities and his blaster rifle would only scuff the paint job they sported.  That left his vibro katana as the one of the few weapons in his arsenal capable of dealing with them.

Dropping his rifle Kuroishi looked over at the Tai sho.

"Even from a position of weakness the Black Death knows no fear.  Defeat is not a prospect this day."  Kuroishi said as he snap drew his blaster pistol and squezed the trigger twice in rapid succession right into the Tai Sho's chest.

Immediately dodging the fire from the two marines Kuroishi drew his vibro katana and activated it.

With all his speed Kuroishi charged up to the marine behind Otto Vox.  Kuroishi saw the power armor try to adjust and as the angle of lighting changed the face of the pilot become visible.  At that instant Kuroishi drove his vibro katana into the left eye of the pilot through the transparent armor.

The other marine began to train his weapon on Kuroishi but in a flash and whirl a purple light saber blade sliced through the weapon and then dug into the marine.

"The white one is on my right hip and I want that back."  Kuroishi said to Otto Vox.

"Well I was going to thank you for taking care of one, but if you are going to be that way you can forget about it."  Otto Vox replied.

"Great, there is the payroll you just volunteered to carry."  Kuroishi responded as he freed Snipes.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
"It's not what I'm on it's what I'm NOT on."-far as I know me
"Now equiped with Swiss Army Lightsaber!"
5/13/2005-My journey to the Darkside is complete
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  109
July 18, 2005 3:27:11 PM    View the profile of Slick 
"Was that Kuroishi?!" Slick yelled as the three were moving across the rooftops once more.

"What?" Anubis yelled over the roar of another dropship as it flew overhead.

Shaking his head Slick motioned for Anubis to lead on.  They ran as fast as they could.  They didn't stop until they came to a window.  Looking in Anubis scanned the situation.  There didn't seem to be any enemy troops inside.  But I think we learned about that last time he thought to himself.

"Looks like a conference room to me." said Slick, and Anubis nodded. "I'll go first."

With that Slick tied himself off to an antennea, and rappeled into the room.  As soon as he hit the floor, he combat rolled to one side.  He brought his blaster up, but there was nothing to fire at.  Within moments Anubis and Stephanie had joined him.  Anubis nodded to the door, and Slick took point.  To late to be quiet about it he thought.  Raising his boot he kicked the door open.

They burst into a hallway only to find it deserted as well.  They started off, only to have to duck into another room, as a squad of marines passed by them.

"The Wraith squad leader has been spotted.  All available units report to these coordinates." one of the marines comms squawked.

"Oh hell no!" growled Slick under his breath.

"Sir!  We have one of them!  He looks young!  He's in storage area Delta!" came another report.

"So what's the plan Anubis?" Slick asked.

"The young one has to be Hunter or Rommel.  I won't leave a man in trouble, but we have to stop them getting to Kuroishi." the Corporal replied.

"Alright.  You get the kid, and I'll help Kuroishi." as Anubis, and Stephanie took off Slick called to Anubis. "Don't die Corporal."

With that Slick took off after the squad that had passed by earlier.  He quickly caught up to them.  One of the marines turned, and called to his comrades warning them.  As they turned to open fire, Slick hit the floor.  He began to slide against the floor, opening fire as he slid.

-----------------------

Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

Post Number:  57
July 18, 2005 7:19:46 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
Rommel raised his blaster and took out the three merc's that were in his view.  He waited a few seconds and then when he saw no one else around,  moved into the corridor and headed back to where they had left his injured squad mates.  "I sure hope Hunter hurries" he said to himself. Rommel tried to raise Slick on his com, no one answered.  He then tried and raise anyone on the com net, still no answer.  Rommel cursed to himself, " these damn things never work when you need them to".  As soon as Romel reached the bushes outside the sensor dome, where they had left Slick and Anubis it didn't take long to notice they were no longer there.  Rommel cursed again to himself, "isn't anything go to go right today".  Where could they have gone he thought to himself.  Rommel heard another drop ship overhead.  More unwanted guests he said to himself.  Rommel saw a squad of Marines head back inside the sensor dome.  "I wonder where they are going in such a hurry", Rommel followed them inside.
I only have 2 clips and 3 frags left, I hope I find the squad quickly Rommel thought to himself.

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Member

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  317
July 19, 2005 7:06:13 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
"The attackers have been found.  Fools, they thought they could stop a whole army?"  The soldier was on the highest floor, gazing from a booth.  He was with two other guards.
"Well, then hold the young recruit as bait... he should be waking up soon."

No answer.  The man spun around expecting to see his guards.  He found himself looking at too crumpled bodies and the young recruit he had found unconcious in a wierd stance, holding two kives in his hands.  Out of panic, the soldier felt his belt for his guns but not fast enough.  The soldier made a loud scream as the recruit caught him in a uppercut.  The blade protruding from the armor cut the soft underside of his jaw and moments before he flew out the glass window sending shards of glass down with him, he felt a sharp pain.  As he fell, he was looking up, and into the angry face hardly visible inside the armor.

Hunter looked at the limp body falling down.  Anger burned in his mind.  As he turned he searched the bodies of the guards for weapons.  He had found that his left hand worked as well as his right.  This let him avoid the awkwardness of having only a half of a middle finger. 

"Now to find the rest of the squad," Hunter thought.  He heard running and then another group of guards came through the door.  Not thinking, Hunter made a long jump out the booth, narrowly dodging blaster fires.  What happened after, Hunter could not remember.  He found him self on his feet on a walkway.  Looking up, he saw the guards were going down, ready to go after him.  Hunter ran.
-----------------------
"I have walked the paths; the shadowed roads
that lead to terror's breast. I have plumbed the depths of Hatred's womb and scaled Destruction's crest.
For every secret left unveiled, for every power learned,
I'd sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned.
And still I sought a higher wisdom few could have attained,
'Though I found it, it would leave me-broken, damned, and drained.
For now I find this power gained is more unto a curse,
My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.
Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,
Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul."
[This message has been edited by Hunter Emnis (edited July 19, 2005 7:13:19 AM)]
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  113
July 20, 2005 5:57:39 PM    View the profile of Slick 
Blaster fire erupted from everywhere, and at once Slick realized he had considerably less firepower.  He learned quickly though that his weapon was the best in such close quarters.  The marines made a skirmish line, but in the moments it took them to do so... there number had been thinned by three.  They fired upon the lone Wraith... only to find him gone.

"Where is he?" yelled the sergeant.  "He can't have gone far!"

"Here Sergeant Peters!  The door to the strategy room is open." yelled an excited private.  Seconds later a vibro-bayonet appeared through his skull.

As the young marine fell, the remaining three charged the door.  The first burst into the room firing madly.  As the second rushed in Slick caught him with a swift kick to the gut.  As the first trooper turned, still firing, Slick gave a lazy underhanded throw.  His vibro-bayonet appeared in the marines neck, as if by magic.  As the marine fell, a shock rod was smashed into Slick's left hand.

The Wraith gave out a cry of pain, as his arm was given a non-lethal shock, and the bones in his hand snapped.  He combat rolled to the side, and come up holding his vibro-bayonet.  The sergeant raised his shock rod.  The two soldiers rushed each other.  The weapons locked, and the two tried to stare each other down.  It was a contest of wills, and neither was backing down.

-----------------------

Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

Post Number:  61
July 20, 2005 6:50:06 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
Rommel followed the marines into the domes main entrance. The marines were going in single file at a slow trot once they had entered the hallway.  Rommel fell in line with them and took out the last one in the file.  One by one Rommel dispatched the marines with his vibro-bayonet. Rommel had killed three and so far no one had noticed.  It was almost comical if death hadn't been involved. There were two more left and then he would have them all. Rommel's hand jerked the marines head up and back and brought the bayonet across the throat just below the edge of the helmet.  The marine, in his death thrawls, had pulled the trigger on his blaster, but luckly for Rommel he actually shot the final marine that was in the lead.
Rommel heard several blaster shots and turned the corner of the passageway.  He caught a glimpse of Hunter running.  Marines were in pursuit of him.  Rommel quickly ran after Hunter.  Hopefully he would catch up to him before the marines did.  Rommel thought to himself as he ran, were is the rest of the squad, my luck & ammo are not going to last forever.  Rommel knew there were too many bad guys for  him to last much longer. 

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Member

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  343
July 21, 2005 7:58:30 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
Hunter watched from the dark nich as the marines entered the second corridor turned around and stop.  Just then a blaster fire hit a marine causing him to collapse on the floor.  The source of the blaster fire entered.

Rommel.  Rommel took down the marines without much trouble but drew attention causing two squads to surround him.  Seeing his chance, Hunter grabbed one of his smoke grenades and threw it.  In the confusion Hunter came out, pulled Rommel into another nich.  The two stood there, hidden from view.  They both knew that now was not the time to talk. 

When the squads ran off, Hunter stepped out.
"Nice job on the Sensor Array, Hunter," Rommel said between breaths.
"Good Job?"
"Yea, you disabled it."
"No, I didn't.... by the time I got there it was gone"
Before Rommel got a chance to respond, he spotted a marine coming towards them.  The marine had a blaster in his hand.  Suddenly, the marine jerked forward and then fell.  The handle of a vibro bayonet was visible on the back of the marines heard.  The two Wraiths looked up.  Slick was there.

-----------------------
that lead to terror's breast. I have plumbed the depths of Hatred's womb and scaled Destruction's crest.
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  117
July 21, 2005 10:18:18 AM    View the profile of Slick 
Teeth bared at the marine, Slick pushed with everything he had.  The marine smiled back, as he slowly began to force the Wraith to his knee.  Slick lunged forward, ducking under the shock rod, and slammed his shoulder into the sergeants chest.  The sergeant stumbled back, as Slick leapt backwards out of the rods reach.  The two men were breathing hard, as they glared at each other.

"You look a little winded... I thought you were one of the best?" Slick laughed as he mocked the marine.

"I am you Imperial scum.  You'll see when I'm standing above your corpse." snarled the marine.

Without warning a loud crack was heard as the butt of a blaster rifle was slammed into Slick's skull.  The Wraith stumbled forward.  He rolled to the side, and realized that he had forgotten the marine that he had kicked in the gut.  The grinning marine raised his rifle, and leveled it at Slick.

"Uh-oh...." muttered the Wraith.

And then all that could be heard was a dry click.  The marine glared at his rifle and tossed it aside.  He then pulled a shock rod.  Both his opponents were now holding shock rods.  With an annoyed sigh, Slick raised his vibro-bayonet.  Before anyone could move however, two figures burst into the room.

-----------------------

Hunter Emnis
ComNet Member

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  350
July 21, 2005 10:34:27 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
  Hunter jumped out of the room and and felt his back for his weapon.  He took out his Stokhli Spray Stick and ran toward his comrade.

"Hunter!  Get back, you don't stand a chance!" Slick yelled. 
  Hunter shook his head slightly, Slick was always trying to be a hero.  Hunter coudn't watch his squad member without helping.  The two marines swung their shock sticks at hunter.  Although he did not have much experience with this weapon, he had used many weapons like it.  Hunter blocked one hit and ducked to dodge the other.  Knowing that he could not win, Hunter activated the Spray Sticks self defense system. 

A large mist net went over the two marines and the fluids in the net paralyzed them.  "Let's go Slick," Hunter said.
"Wait."  Slick took out his blaster and shot the two guards  "Okay, lets go." 

When they went back into the room, they found rommel standing amonst three bodies.

-----------------------
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  118
July 21, 2005 10:49:28 AM    View the profile of Slick 
The two soldiers ran over to Rommel who was staring down at the three dead New Republic troops.  He turned when they approached him, and he gave a shallow grin.  Hunter, and Slick looked at each other quizzically, and then looked back at their comrade.

"What is it Rommel?  Is something wrong?" asked Slick quietly.

Rommel shook his head. "Not really.  It's just that I just realized that these troops are really no different from us."

"What do you mean?" Hunter asked him.

"Well... they are defending the ideals that they love.  The ideals they will die for.  The same as us.  We're really not all that different.  Just different sides in this war." he turned to the other Wraiths. "Will it ever end? This war?"

"I don't know..." said Hunter shifting his feet uncomfortably.

"Maybe... maybe not Rommel.  We are just doing our job.  That's all we will ever do." Slick looked at the bodies. "But be thankful that it's not us laying there.  We are still alive... somehow."

Rommel nodded.  With that the three Wraiths ran out onto a balcony that overlooked the courtyard.  Hunter gave a slight yell.  Looking down Slick noticed that Kuroishi, Snipes, and Otto were surrounded by several squads of troops.  Otto stood with his lightsaber out, deflecting blaster bolts, as Kuroishi and Snipes crouched behind him.  It looked like a colorful light display with all the shots being fired.  Slick turned to his comrades.

"Get your sniper rifles ready.  I don't want a single Rebel to leave this courtyard." said the trooper darkly.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Slick/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]

"Even the best soldiers will fall if they stand alone."

"If you question your actions in war... you know that you are still sane."
Hunter Emnis
ComNet Member

Hunter Emnis

Post Number:  351
July 21, 2005 10:59:18 AM    View the profile of Hunter Emnis 
The three troopers took out their whispers.  Hunter never liked sniping but he didn't mind too much.  The troopers each hit their mark but Hunter hit his target in the shoulder by accident.  Attetion was drawn upward and the marines shot at the snipers.  The rest on the lower platform took out most of the occupied troops and some of the others were caught by the snipers.  However, a stray blast hit Hunter's whisper sniper rifle.  Out of surprise , Hunter jumped a bit and pushed his sniper over the ledge.  The embarrased Wraith looked over the ledge....

-----------------------
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  125
July 22, 2005 11:26:27 PM    View the profile of Slick 
The three Wraiths were firing as rapidly as there Whispers allowed them to, but it wasn't enough.  As Hunter missed the head shot on a New Republic corporal, half the NR forces turned on the Wraith snipers.  As Rommel and Slick ducked the blaster fire, Hunter's rifle was hit, and he dropped it off the balcony.  Slick glared at the young soldier.

Hunter grinned shepishly. "I'm sorry Slick.  I let you down."

"Hunter!  You are very lucky this isn't a training excercise!  Or I would have killed you!  I just might do it anyways after this mission!" yelled Slick half-heartedly. 

"Move over Hunter, and let a pro do the work." said a voice behind the troops.

The three Wraiths turned their heads, preparing for anything.  What the did not expect was for the Assistant Squad Leader to be standing behind them... grinning like a fool.  As Hunter jumped up from his positon, Lukas pulled his sniper rifle, and took up the PFC's position.

"Welcome sergeant." said Slick with a slight grin.

"Yes.  It has been awhile hasn't it?" said Lukas as he expertly sniped one of the rebel troops. "Hunter I need you to go help Kuroishi, Snipes, and Otto.  Can you do that?"

Hunter gave a self-satisfied grin. "It shall be done Lukas!"

As Hunter hurried off to help the three Wraiths, Lukas opened fire with his Whisper.  Following the ASL'd example, both Slick and Rommel did the same. It became chaos down in the courtyard.  The rebel soldiers were being assualted by snipers, a Dark Jedi Knight, and the best soldiers in Wraith.  Sone the battle had changed hands.  If only it will last Slick thought to himself.

-----------------------

Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  356
Total Posts:  504
July 24, 2005 4:04:53 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
It had taken Lukas quite awhile to get into the communications data that Kuroishi had assigned him to get. While he was slicing into the mainframe, he had bumped into numerous firewalls, encryption software, and other types of barriers that protected the data. But Lukas's slicing skills had got through the obstacles around the data he needed.

He had bumped into Kuroishi on the way out of the office he had came into. By the sounds of it, the Sword of Light had gotten involved and the Armored division looked like it was going to make its appearance at any moments notice. Kuroishi had gone to go get Otto and Snipes out of trouble while Lukas had gone to find Slick, Anubis, Rommel, and Hunter.

Lukas lay down on the ground in between Slick and Rommel. "Its good to see you guys, need any help?", he asked the others as gunfire passed him and hit the ground infront of him. The other members of Wraith squad had been shocked to see him at the most perilous of times. Lukas took his sniper rifle off his back, which had been pre-assembled by himself, and fired at the Corporal that Hunter had missed, hitting him in the head.

A hail of gunfire came from the troops below and bounced off the reinforced concrete and steel. Lukas took aim at one of the concealed snipers, firing, and hitting him directly through his scope, his brain matter plastered all over the wall.

Slick and Rommel's sniper rifles fired as rapidly as they could, taking down as many rebel's as possible, reloading every now and then when needed too. The troops kept pouring in like an endless flood.

Meanwhile below, Otto was blazing around with his light saber, slicing men in half and deflecting enemy fire. Snipes and Kuroishi were back to back, covering one another.

Hunter had made his way down to the floor were Otto, Snipes, and Kuroishi were and came through one of the already open doors, firing at the enemy. It wasn't very smart, but it had drawn out the other snipers. Lukas found the remaining snipers and shot them all dead with ease.

The battle raged on as Wraith squad defended each other, with each new wave flooding in.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
Wraith Squad
Slick
ComNet Initiate

Slick

Post Number:  137
July 24, 2005 8:24:51 PM    View the profile of Slick 
The enemy troops just kept coming, and the Wraiths were quickly exhausting their ammunition.  Hunter had fought his way into the thickness of it all, and now stood with Snipes and Kuroishi.  The three on the balcony kept up a steady stream of sniper fire, but if they didn't do something quickly it would all be for nothing.

With an angry snarl Slick fired at another soldier.  His head seemed to disentigrate as the round took him straight in the face.  He grinned, but noticed that Rommel was having some problems adjusting to sniping.

"Hey Rommel!  Are you going to let Lukas beat you like that?  You better show our dear ASL how it's done!" Rommel laughed at this unexpected outburst, and his shots became much more precise.  Lukas grinned at Slick as he took a second to reload.

"You're going to pay for that one later Slick!" Lukas yelled.

Grinning, Slick pulled off another shot, and was awarded as another trooper fell.  It is amazing he thought to himself, that we can keep a joking attitude in the midst of all this destruction.  The fight continued for several minutes, and the Wraiths were holding their own.  Suddenly a loud rumbling could be heard.

"The Armor is here!" Lukas yelled.

Slick and Rommel glanced over at the wall to see large New Republic tanks coming straight at the courtyard.  Before Slick could tell Lukas, however, Rommel gave out a yell.  Turning back to the wall, Slick's grin faded for the first time.  Men in heavy assualt armor were coming over the wall.  They had on jet packs, and were coming over the wall with ease.  If they have jet packs...

"Abandon position!" yelled Lukas as one of the new troopers landed amidst them.

-----------------------

Rommel
ComNet Novice

Rommel

Post Number:  71
July 24, 2005 9:56:18 PM    View the profile of Rommel 
Rommel had killed so many soldiers that he couldn't keep count anymore.  It didn't bother him in the least that he was taking lives.  Rommel was surprised that he still felt secure and safe with his squadmates beside him.  Rommel heard Lukas yelling that the armor was here.  Lukas then yelled to abandon their position.  Rommel got up and followed Slick down the hallway.  Wraith squad was not retreating haphazardly but pulling back in a cordinated fashion of 2 squad members providing cover fire as the rest made a quick dash for cover. If the squad had made a mad dash all at once the jet packed soldiers would have overtaken them in an instant.  Rommel took his turn at providing cover fire, then he heard that awful sound, the sound a blaster makes when the clip is empty.  He yelled over at Slick, "I'm out of clips".  Rommel looked back at Lukas and signaled that he was coming back to his position. Rommel started the dash, it was only 10 meters.  Rommel had almost gotten there when he felt something slam into his back.  Funny Rommel thought to himself, it doesn't even hurt, then there was blackness.

-----------------------

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Guns, Money, and Lawyers(Wraith Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:46:25 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 198  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >