Topic:  Ch. 7 - Army
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
  RE: Ch. 7 - Army
December 16, 2001 3:11:12 PM    View the profile of Raxen 
Raxen laid on his bunk. Yet another day. He yawned. Where is everyone. Deciding to kill off time, he went to the Lounge with some other guys for a round of pinball before getting drunk. OOC: Could someone start?

-----------------------
Sergeant Ravix 'Dingo' Raxen [Navy Alias: Fallen]
Elite Iron Horse Trooper
ETRP/SGT Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Blaster.'
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
December 16, 2001 4:06:05 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(Hmm dunno, EIH and Wraiths have taken the planet's capital city. Guess we wait for Raiders/FA etc to finish off last resistance then wait for more orders)

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
December 16, 2001 6:46:16 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
(OOC: I hate to make another short pointless post like this, but . . . Raziel, go back and look. The Raiders and Dark Dragoons just wrapped up their story, and the Fallen Angels were done a long time ago . . . I think. Anyway, the Rebels have been crushed and now we just need to kick back and party. And I would write something about getting drunk with Raxen, but I just realized that I'm not on under Shadow. Oh well. )

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Darkhawk/Aegis 2-1 (Aegis 5)/Wing1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)[BRC]

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
December 16, 2001 11:15:50 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[DH, if you will look, you will see that the FA story is still going, just read my last post...  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
December 16, 2001 11:51:41 PM    View the profile of Fury 
OOC:  Just have a few items I'd like to point out. Talon and I are back on Tadath.  Cosmic seems to want to be back on Anobis, so I suppose he is.  However, the SLs on the field are in command of their troops, rank or not.  If anything, Stromtrooper 1026 would be the highest ranking trooper on the field because of his position as Storm Platoon Commander.  Keep that in mind in case the storyline heads towards a Trekkie-type plot device that hasn't been consulted already in the Commander's Comnet.  Orders: FA squads and Wraith squad:  Wrap things up and assemble at the Scythe.  We have another mission for one.  One that should challenge you and reward you for your participation.  I know Raziel is working on a plot device so Wraiths can be excused if they so wish if these squads can't time things well. Demi Wraith and the Dark Dragoons: you are assigned to occupy the main city on the planet.  Lots of enemy troops have come into the city.  Many snipers and pockets of resistance to take care of...kind of like Lotaith.  Use whatever regulars you need to, but remember not to bomb the city into craters - we want the people on our side. Iron Horse: pick your mission...fight in the field or help out the Dragoons. Raiders:  i want to see you work on hand-to-hand close combat with the enemy.  Use any weapon you feel like smaller than an AT-AT. As far as anything goes...General Talon and I may assume the role of enemy forces from here on out...including the commander Argon developed.  I've got a week before I go on leave and I intend to get you guys riled up.    ----------------------- CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited December 16, 2001 11:52:33 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 17, 2001 7:52:07 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Droma had never realised just how close he had come. Argon Viper had continued on after his meal, finding the missle command center was only the next room. He took out a fragmentation grenade, and set the timer for five minutes, with any luck, he would catch some people in here. Then he targetted the warheads on individual camps, firing them off, and leaving the control room. As soon as he was out, he activated his comm. "Daishi, this is Viper,"he said,"one missle facility is destroyed." As he said this, the detonation of the frag grenade punctuated his point. "Request permission to look for more missle sites." "Not yet,"said Daishi,"get back to headquarters, Fury's got another mission for us. "Yes sir,"replied Argon, already on his way,"but tell Fury to watch out for more large missle silos."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 17, 2001 4:09:07 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel had his troops assembled on the outskirts of the city, waiting the transport that would take them back to a landing pad.     They would have taken off from the city, but since it had been taken Rebel troops had sneaked into the city and resistance pockets were forming all around it. Although the VE army had crushed the Rebel defense there was still alot of work to do. Even now Raziel could hear blaster fire accross the other side of the city, nearly 5 miles away. With such a big city there were many places for rebels to hide.     Even as Raziel had led the wraiths out of the city the dragoons had come into the city to lead the fight along with the VE regulars marching into the city to finish off resistance.     Raziel saw the dust trail and heard the vibrations of a transport long before it signalled its approach.     "Squad 4 this is transport Approaching eastern gate now, destination landing pad 17."     Raziel watched as it took the Z-24 heavy speeder freight truck 5 minutes to arrive. It slowed to a halt infront of them and extended a ramp. Someone at the top of the ramp signalled for them to come around the other side of the transport.     As the wraiths went to the other side of the transport prisoners and some boxed equipment were being loaded onto it.     Raziel was ammazed that the Rebel Cities General was being loaded aboard with them. Maybe the VE were thinking that the rebels may not notice, either that or they were putting a great deal of trust in the wraiths.         They were just loading onto the transport when Raziel heard an explosion, the squad turned to see a section smoke about one hundred metres away.     The comm crackled active: "Raziel, this is Timber. We're on speeders pursuing roughly 20 rebels that were spotted heading your way, they must have seen the transport coming in and headed there to cause trouble. Don't let them get to the officers, protect that transport with your lives!"     "Damnit!" Raziel swore. "Ok everyone lets get this transport moving, take up positions to fire on deck!"     Before Raziel could shout another order Rebels started firing at them from the Cities outer wall. There were only a handful of VE troops at the gate, but they were rushing to help, they would be a minute at least though.     The transport rocked a little as blaster fire pounded its side.     "This is Timber," crackled the comms. "There in one minute."     "Damn, too long! Fire at will!" shouted Raziel, before bringing his compact E11 model to bear.     The medium blaster on the transport also started firing, along with precise shooting from the squad and not so precise shooting from Raziel they managed to keep the rebels heads down.     "Pull away now!" shouted agent.     The Z-24 turned away from the building and began to accelerate slowly. The wraiths kept their heads down as the rebels came out of cover and started firing like mad. However Raziel's jaw dropped when one rebel came up from cover holding a heavy missile launcher. There was less than a second to react, but Raziel knew he couldnt make that shot.     Fortunately cloud had also seen him, with one shot he hit the rebel straight in the chest. The missile launcher went off as the rebel pressed the trigger in a death spasm but it fired straight up.     "That was one hell of a shot!" Raziel shouted to cloud. He remembered to put in the form for sniper training later. As the transport pulled away Sniper fired a final burst from his repeater making all the rebel's duck for cover again.     When the transport was a safe distance from the base Timber told them that the group of Rebels had now been safely rounded up. To be honest Raziel couldn't really care less right now. That slip had almost cost his entire squad and the Rebel captives.     It was a fairly boring ride to the base where they met up with the FA... (hello to the FA, havent even met you guys on this mission yet. should be fun whatever Fury has planned )

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 17, 2001 7:11:38 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[Heh, just don't expect us to fight like normal troops, we do things our way    Just expect us to do our job... and as much of yours as we can manage  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
December 17, 2001 10:44:59 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
Cloud couldn't stand the long ride back to the landing pad. It was uneventful and pretty boring.  He talked with Raziel and Agent about their upcoming mission. Neither of them had any idea what Fury had planned. He hoped it would be fun and exciting, not just crappy patrol duty or something. He was cleaning his gun when he looked and happened to notice who was riding in the transpot with them. It was the general they captured earlier. He pitied the guy fo rhe was about to undergo intensive interigation. He had been through that before, and it wasn't at all fun. Just thinking about it brought back bad memories. He shuddered as  the old memories rushed through his head. He quickly smothered any old feelings and memories. He didn't want them to come back up now. He was back to normal, quietly cleaning his guns. After an hour in that cramped transport, the Wraith dismounted into the sunlight. It was midday and the sun was beating down hot on them. Cloud watched as the shuttle from the Scythe. He couldn't wait for the next mission. He had a feeling that it was going to be a good one. After the supplies had been loaded onto the shuttle, he helped the guards transfer the prisoners. He felt honored that the VE trusted him with such important prisoners. When they were all aboard, Raziel came over to talk to him. "That was a great shot back there. YOu saved the squad." he said to Cloud. "Thanks. I wasn't for sure if you were gonna take it, so I just went ahead and did it." he responded. "Well for your information, I wasn't, cause I'll be honest, I couldn't have made it. I'm glad you did." he confessed as he slapped him the back. The shuttle landed on the Scythe and Cloud grabbed his gear and went to his quarters for some rest. The meeting with Fury wasn't for a couple of hours, so he had some time to kill. He was gonna use it wisely, cause he had a feeling he wouldn't get any rest for awhile.

-----------------------
[NAVY] LCRW sk8guy

TRP/PRC Cloud/5SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"BINK!!!"
"My paper tells me what to do."
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

December 18, 2001 11:55:42 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury sat back with a cold drink in the main holosuite at Army HQ on Tadath. Part of the fun of playing with the Holonet was the great cost, which meant it was a rare treat when a holo-conference could be held.  In fact, this would be the first one he would actually be speaking at.  All he was waiting for was for two broadcast ships to move into location, giving him a direct feed to Anobis.  He was told that the signal loss would be minimal and would only add 4-5 seconds of delay between both parties.  Surprising given the five stealthy ships between Tadath and Anobis that would carry their signal and then fade back into their hidden bases were many light years apart. To pass the time, he went over the details of the orders he had for the Fallen Angels and Wraith squad.  The FA were already known for their unique approaches to difficult problems and the Wraiths under Raziel's lead had taken a more creative approach as of late.  This mission would be good for them. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Objective:  Zellus A cold, rocky planetoid around a dying star, Zellus lies within the Chorios system of the Meridian Sector.  This region of space is known to be a prime hazen for rebels and pirate forces.  The reason for this lies in large pockets of highly radioactive clouds that make direct hyperspace travel dangerous.  From Anobis, there are three primary mapped routes that Intelligence has obtained.  One of them, Alpha, leads to the penal planet of Nam Chorios, which has been fairly neutral throughout the Civil War.  While quick, it may entail many delays.  Another, Beta, is of an untested, old route which may or may not be entirely safe.  The third, Gamma, seems the quickest and most stable of routes. Zellus has been held by the enemy for a number of years as a protected haven for their agents.  It is believed that any number of enemy leaders rotate through the planet at any given time.  It is also considered a prime location for any forces escaping the fall of Anobis as it is a mere 29 to 46 hour journey at x2 hyperspace. More details will follow upon departure. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fury saw the notice that the ships were warming up and tuning broadcast signal strength.  It wouldn't be long before they could attempt connection. All he really needed was to transfer the orders securely and to determine what route the Scythe would be taking.  From there he could help Operations decide what the next phase of the campaign would be and where his forces would be to assist in that.

-----------------------
CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 18, 2001 3:35:27 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Daishi quickly took control after the briefing, the FA members were already at their stations preparing for hyperspace before the Wraiths had fully absorbed the information. As the Wraiths filed into the bridge of the Scythe, Daishi informed them on what was going on. "We've decided to take the Alpha route,"he said,"we'll hit the prison planet and get some intel before we hit the big one.  From there, we'll decide how to do it." The Wraiths had no answer for this, and it was too late anyway, the Scythe entered hyperspace at that moment...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
December 18, 2001 6:15:21 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
"The prison planet, eh?", Tycho mused. "Yes.", came Daishi's terse reply. "Bah! More security systems to get into and shut down, assuming you want it to be a quiet insertion...or do you want to do it the traditional FA way?", as Tycho stretched and cracked his knuckles. "I'm not mindless. Once we get in the easy, quiet way," glaring at Viper, "we can make as much noise as we want." "You just like to come up with ideas so I don't get to sleep or drink with the rest of the squad, along with being a major pain in the butt, don't you?" Tycho asked jokingly. Daishi replied, "Its my job. Now get to work so we don't have to." "Yessir. I assume you'll save a drink for me, right?" "After that wisecrack of yours, I'm not so sure, seeing my job is to be a major pain in the butt and to make you work really hard." Tycho got to a terminal and began to gather intel on the planet, including the type of security system, the depth, the estimated population. The loyalties of that population...and of course the number of guards. Once he got that info, he began to work on cracking the possible codes in effect with the security system. It took him many hours, for there were many possible programs, and Tycho wanted to get it right.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Tycho Celchu

Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
December 18, 2001 8:00:28 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic shook his head as he looked around at the planet before him. Anobis wasn't quite what he was expecting.  Then again, he really didn't want to expect anything, but leading troops into battle...and to victory itself.  Deciding that Anobis wasn't for him, he turned back to the Imperial shuttle that was behind him.  He walked onboard the shuttle and sat down.  The pilot looked at Cosmic, waiting for an order. Cosmic thought for about two minutes, thinking about a good place to just relax. He looked at the pilot and said, "Tadath.  From what I hear, they've got some great holoprograms."  "Aye sir.  They do." ----------------------------------------------------------- The Imperial shuttle landed on a small open place. The sliding ramp slid out from underneath the shuttle and Cosmic walked out and towards the nearest building. 

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
[OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP]
-----------------------
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

December 18, 2001 8:49:46 PM    View the profile of Raxen 
Raxen strolled into the waiting area of the ship and a greeted by a start of a squad leader at the other end of the room. 'Rax, didnt know you'd be coming with us !?! Heh, looks like we might have some more fun pairing up again.'Raxiel grinned as he pushed a mug of scotch whisky towards Raxen. Raxen grinned back as he accepted the mug of whisky. ' Yeah. Figured that we might have more fun pairing up with the same guys we had when we were attackin' the enemy base back there. ' 'Yeah, great. Heard about what Fury had in store for us? Sounds really good man ... should be more fun then what we had down there. Those guys should know that we are all-powerful. Heh .... ' ' Heh, yeah, you are right. Now we'll wait for this to pull out and land us and then it would be a whole lot of fightin' again. But hey, I relish it. ' Raziel grinned, and they had a lot of fun drinking, chatting, playing pool and challenging each other to the pinball machine ....

-----------------------
Sergeant Ravix 'Dingo' Raxen [Navy Alias: Fallen]
Elite Iron Horse Trooper
ETRP/SGT Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Blaster.'
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
December 18, 2001 9:35:46 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
Cloud made his way to the lounge of the Scythe to have a drink. He ran into Raziel and Raxen ,but decided to leave them alone. He went up to the bar and ordered some Corellian Brandy. He couldn't wait to get his orders. After a couple more drinks, he returned to his quarters to prepare himself. He packed al his gear and cleaned all his weapons. He went down to the munitions room to get full cell packs and all the ammo he would need. He was gonna be prepared alright.

-----------------------
[NAVY] LCRW sk8guy

TRP/PRC Cloud/5SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"BINK!!!"
"My paper tells me what to do."
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

December 18, 2001 11:01:23 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Congratulations for the wise choice Scythe riders. A minor snag with the program...or one you may actually enjoy.  Should your cover be blown, prepare to get your Fallen Angel piloting skills dusted off to deal with any planetary air defenses.  Wraiths would presumably assume gunnery duty. OOC:  I'll just file these missed opportunity surprises away for a later date.

-----------------------
CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 20, 2001 4:19:40 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel went back to his room after his drink (or drinks) with Raxen. He went about sharpening all of his knives. He would have looked at his reflection in the blade, but there was none. They were just matt black, that way they wouldn't get seen in the dark.     He thought long and hard about the mission. FA had a good history of excelling behind enemy lines, its just that Raziel preffered to be a bit more....discrete. He had been an assassin all his life, and being a squad leader some of that had rubbed off on his squad.     He had trained them long and hard on working silently and in total darkness. He had even noticed more of them using knives and silent weapons like himself.     That remended him, he left the room and headed for the bridge. He addressed Viper     "hey was wondering, when this is done, could you do me a favour?"     "Shouldn't be a problem, although it might cost," he smiled.     "I was wandering is someone in the FA could teach Cloud to Snipe?"     "Er, what? why not just send him though VE sniper course?"     "Cos i want him to learn how to properly snipe, not just how to shoot," Raziel smiled. Argon knew what he meant.         "I'll get back to you on that one. Anyway you guys ready?"     "Yeah mostly, they'll all be packed and ready."     "Good, they'd better be prepared for a lesson in how to fight profesionally!"     Raziel smiled, but said nothing. He turned towards a holo image on their first target. So what are the plans and what do you want us to do? And by the way, we will be doing something useful down there, whether you want us to or not"     Argon grinned: "No really you can stay on the scythe"     Raziel laughed and looked at argon for a minute     After getting bored of Raziel's silence Argon carried on: "Oh ok....."

-----------------------
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

December 21, 2001 5:53:17 AM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
"Done. Parameters set, intelligence is saved to all of our datapads. Can I have that drink now?", Tycho begged. "No, its too close to mission time," came Daishi's reply. "But, but...HEY, THEY'RE DRINKING! Why can't I?," he inquired. "Because I love to give you hard work and to be a major pain in the butt," Daishi stated with a evil glint in his eye. "Go to your squadmates and relax. But if I hear you've had a drink.......," his voice trailed off.

-----------------------

Raxen
ComNet Initiate

December 21, 2001 7:00:56 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
Raxen lingered around the Lounge for a while after Raziel has left for his barracks. He had this feeling that someone he was pretty close to might turn up pretty soon. The wait was not wasted. The Lounge door soon slid open and Argon Viper walked in. He called to Viper, who grinned as he saw a mug of Vader Ale waiting for him already. Soon he was seated beside Raxen and was helpin' himself to the mug. 'Hey Rax,' Viper called between his slurps. 'Glad you were coming with us. I'm sure that some of yours skills will be put into use.' Raxen laughed. 'Yeah, I'm sure. Hacking is useful anywhere, from changing a computer's format to changing Mum's shopping list.' 'Yeah, I know. That was the skill you specialised in.' 'Hope this thing would be stoppin' soon. Cant wait to get into action. It's fun to destroy computers.' Raxen grinned. After his 10th mug, Raxen stood up and bade farewell to Viper. 'I'll see you once we are put into action I hope?' 'Should be. Til then, Rax.' 'Uh huh.' Raxen headed back to his barracks to let the alcohol clear a bit before strolling around again. -------------------------------------- OOC: Uh huh, I have hacking skills =). Anyway havent talked to you Vip for a long time. Garn! =P   ----------------------- Sergeant Ravix 'Dingo' Raxen [Navy Alias: Fallen] Elite Iron Horse Trooper ETRP/SGT Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE 'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Blaster.'
[This message has been edited by Raxen (edited December 21, 2001 7:02:44 AM)]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
December 21, 2001 7:10:55 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The bar was full of noise as Stonefish walked out. He had chilled out during the better part of the hyperspace journey, and now it was time to review the intelligence prepared by Tycho. He returned to his quarters and sat on the bean bag he kept purely for the novelty. From the looks of it, Nam Chorios wasn't a prison planet in the purest sense of the word, it was a planet with a very large prison on it. There was also a fairly large contingent of guards and miscellaneous personnel, like cooks. Stonefish made a mental note to get a kebab as soon as he got back to Tadath. The best approach from Stonefish's perspective would be the ballsy approach. Hack together some papers and go in as an official inspection. That way they had no reason to shoot anyone, and all the reason to look at what they wnted, speak to whom they wanted. The only problem being, that probably wouldn't sit very well with Viper. Mind you, he thought, if I can get him the right substances, he won't even notice where he is until we get to Zellus. Stonefish got up and went to the medical bay.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
December 21, 2001 1:55:57 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi had tracked cloud down.  The thought of resuming his training duties again gave Kuroishi a slight feeling of euphoria. "Cloud, I've been asked to teach you the fine art of sniper warfare.  Now I'm going to let you borrow a gun but beware it is a slug thrower and as such has much less amoo in the magazine then a blaster, but it'll go clean through most personal armor and what it doesn't go clean through it'll bounce around inside of making one stanging mess."  Kuroishi said as he handed Cloud his scoped Lee Enfield #4. "I don't know what to say, are you sure about this."  Cloud replied. "Kid when a Fallen Angels is feeling generous don't refuse it because it doesn't happen very often."  Kuroishi replied. "Okay but watch the kid stuff."  Cloud replied. "Sorry it's just that I'm old enough to be your father."  Kuroishi retorted as he did his best old man impression despite his Varneck Marine Combat Armor. The youngster was catching on fast.  Now it remained to see how well he can actually shoot. Kuroishi cleared the only coridor long enough aboard the Scythe for sniper practice of personel and droids for the next few hours. Kuroishi set up the "Indoor firing range" and walked back to Cloud's position. "Top three things snipers look for when they're out on the battle field are someone being saluted, uniform decorations, and someone just plain being lazy.  Odds are thos are the officers.  Anything beyond that is just pure instinct."  Kuroishi said as he watched Cloud assume his firing position. "So shoot whoever is being saluted, has the most shinny stuff, or seems to be standing around the most.  Gotcha."  Cloud summarized the training he was receiving. The first shot hit the backstop.  Cloud had talent but he wasn't used to the slugthrower in his hands. "Not bad for your first time with a slug thrower.  Now pull up then back on that lever, and push it back forward.  The rifle you have is a bolt action slug thrower, it's supposed to work that way.  I find it is more precise then my modified heavy anti-vehicale rifle that I use as a back up sniper rifle."  Kuroishi chuckled as Cloud seemed confused why the gun didn't fire when he pulled the trigger the second time. "Seems inefficient."  Cloud replied. The second shot came much closer to the target. "Don't worry, if I can get you to hit that target on a regular basis when you go back to using a blaster you'll be a crack shot.  It took me quite a while to learn to shoot slugthrowers as well back when I was a trainee at the Varneck Royal Military Acadamy.  They started my sniper training the same way, slugthrower first then blaster second."  Kuroishi said as he watched Cloud work the bolt and hit the target. "When will I learn the rest, I know there is more."  Cloud replied. "Well I don't have the time to give you a complete training course but I think you got a lot of the basics down, so that'll help.  Stick close to me during this upcoming mission and I'll teach you as we work."  Kuroishi said as cloud placed the fourth shot dead center. Cloud deffinetly learned fast. The remainder of the session was spent covering the knowladge behind when to fire and where to place the shot but the acctual training in those regards would have to wait until they got to a better training ground. Fortunately Fury provided them with a good but dangerous one. "Allright get some rest before we come out of hyperspace.  Keep a hold of that rifle until I tell you that you can go back to using a blaster as a sniper weapon.  Remember what I told you about the magazine?"  Kuroishi ordered as Cloud got up from the firing position Kuroishi had taught him. "Ten rounds is all I have with this clip and I got to make them count because reloading takes too long when a sniper gets in trouble."  Cloud repeated his lesson. "Good, go and relax some."  Kuroishi replied as he took down the improvised firing range. Kuroishi couldn't wait to see what Cloud could actually do with some distance between him and his target.  The Scythe afforded them little in means of range but it was enough for Kuroishi to drill the basics into Cloud. Kuroishi himself only recieved a year of sniper training and was willing to bet in a contest of accuaracy alone he was quite likely the best shot in the VEA. Kuroishi now had to find his fellow squad leaders and get some plans worked out.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 21, 2001 5:18:21 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(Cheers Kuroishi )

-----------------------
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
December 22, 2001 10:35:51 AM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Cloud went back to his quarters after a long day of training. He would have to thank Kuroishi later. He had learned alot. But now, he was tired and needed some sleep. In another 8 hours, they would arrive at their destination and the fun would begin. By the looks of it, he would enjoy working with the Fallen Angels. Cloud couldn't help but think about what the planet they were going to would be like.  He liked visiting all the different worlds and seeing all the sites of each, it was just unfortunate that he always went to these places to fight. But after the battles, he always enjoyed his time on the planets. Sleep beckoned him, so he retired and set his alarm to wake him up an hour before their leave time. He couldn't wait to get planetside.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/UNI sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

December 22, 2001 11:17:57 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
Tycho reviewed his own notes and prepared a plan he would recommend to the leader. He took Ramon's part of a plan and mixed it up with his own thoughts. The inspection team was a good approach to get into the prison. But that wasn't foolproof. The members of the team would need powerful holdout or T-6 blasters. Along with that, they needed invisible camera equipment to photograph the prison for further intel gathering. Another addition was to put a sniper in position just in case the outside guards got a bit feisty...Nightstingers would have to be requisitioned for this role--no one would be able to see the bolt. Macrobinoculars with multiple modes of vision would be used by the sniper to alert the inspection team of possible trouble. Tycho sent this recommendation to everyone in the squad so they could review it so they could add in or take out things at their leisure. Then the squad would meet for an official planning and speculation session. Then it would be time to gear up and get going.

-----------------------

Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 23, 2001 1:27:11 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
(I'm going to let FA come up with the plan [soon please] and then accept/modify what you want us to do remember we've been training hard in infiltration techniques for the last few months )

-----------------------
Japer
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Protector (SPT)

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  463
December 27, 2001 9:20:33 AM    View the profile of Japer 
(um, I havnt been following the VEDJ story to much, sooo... have you guys landed on the second planet yet? As of now, I am still on the Dominion.) Japer sat in a chair on the Dominion, bored stiff because Fury was at Tadath and he was stuck on the Dominion. He wished he was down there fighting, and if they hadent ladned on the second planet, he was gonna be there so fast before you can say Jack Robinson. So, Japer started pacing again, and sought out to find out the info he needed to know.

-----------------------
GV/ SG Japer/Sith/Dark Knight 1-2 Cabal/ Eagle Sect/VEDJ

SXO/CPT/Japer/1SQD/1PLT/1/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/IOC/LoC/CM
/BS/ES 2nd Class

Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 28, 2001 5:55:06 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel sat around in the ships assigned lounge area. So far he'd been waiting for the Fallen angels to come up with the plan. He had only been a Squad leader for a few months and they were far more experienced than him. Unfortunately he was now getting fairly tired. They had talked endlessly about possibilities and ideas, but had failed yet to come up with a definate plan for Raziel's squad to go along with.     He sat and waited, they had better hurry because they were nearing their target now. (Sorry, no offence or anything but im bored LOL )

-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

December 29, 2001 7:21:10 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel stood at the bridge with the FA ranking officers. Raziel looked very bored, but he was paying attention to every small detail. Ramon had taken the time to put the papers together, whilst Tycho had been researching the planet. Although Tycho had failed to crack the secuity codes, he was sure he could get into the system from inside the prison.     So it had been generally accepted that Ramons idea would be used, along with Tycho's adjustments of course. Right now they were about to send a message to the penal colony. Hopefully they would be accepted in and they could do this without a fight.     Viper opened up the comms: "Nam Chorios, this is inspection team zero, C. Requesting clearance?"     A few tense seconds passed before the reply came.     "Inspection team this is Nam Chorios, can you transmit the proper authorisation codes?"     "One second," Viper motioned to Tycho who tapped frantically at a pad. Raziel watched over his shoulder as he worked. On an idea and gift from Fury Raziel had spent some time learning basic slicing and it was always a good idea to learn from more experienced people.     "Code accepted," came the crackling reply. "HQ did not send an early warning. This is not the proper procedure!" The voice was of a young male, but it was filled with confidence.     Viper smiled: "Listen son, we call this a suprise inspection, it means your men down there don't have the time to clean things up for us"     The reply was not so confident: "OK i understand, can i double check this with HQ?"     Raziel was startled and wandered if their cover would be blown, Tycho smiled and nodded towards Viper. Kuroishi gave the thumbs up.     "Go ahead, we'll hold out position." Viper replied     What Raziel didn't know was that they had held their position conveniently close to the planets main signal boosting beacon.     "OK message intercepted" Tycho said as he worked hard at his station. "Sending reply!"     A few seconds later they were called by the prison again     "This is Nam Chorios, your team checks out. How many guests should we expect?"     "Eight i believe" Viper replied     "You are cleared for landing" ======================================================     In the time left before landing Viper and Kuroishi explained the plan to Raz. Basically all the members of FA except for Kuroishis would be making up the inspection team. The plan for them was to get tycho to a terminal and to interview the heads of staff. They would make some stories up about the nearby Rebel/pirate base to try and gain some information there.     Kuroishi would be dropped quietly on the way there. He had requsted for Cloud to go with him to teach him some more on the field. They would be watching the camp from a distance, with appropriate weaponry if the situation turned nasty. Raziel and the rest of the wraiths would be hidden within the shuttle, should the plan fail they would have to cover FA's escape.     Raziel couldn't see any obvious holes in the plan, so simply agreed. He knew the main action would come at Zellus. =====================================================     The shuttle swept its way through the planets atmosphere, various planetary defences locked onto it through out the approach to their window. But they turned away when the ship was safely within the atmosphere.     "Ok get us level with the ground 2 miles from the base and glide in slowly," Kuroishi instructed the pilot. "Cloud you ready?"     "Yessir"     "Ok lets try this out. Viper, Raz, good luck." Kuroishi smiled then left with Cloud.     The shuttle was gliding at roughly 10m/s and kept a constant 10 metres above the ground. It was possible because the ground had been cleared aroumd the main prison. Easier to track fugitives down that way.     Cloud opened a hatch on the base of the ship. A jump now could kill, but Stormtroopers had done something alike this in early training. Cloud and kuroishi jumped, with Raxen closing the hatch behind them. They hit the ground rolling and ran for cover.     "Ok keep us at a steady speed, don't want them suspecting anything." Viper instructed. Hopefully the drop off of the two snipers had gone unoticed.     "Raziel, your lot ready?"     "Yep we're near invisible to any scanners."     "Good get yourself below then!"     Raziel jumped down a hidden hatch in the floor and sealed it behind him. The rest of the wraiths were down there also.     The shuttle came to a steady landing, Viper watched as 30 armed guards lined up infront of them, along with 2 officials.     "The 1st part of any usual inspection is to check out a sample of the forts guard." Tycho instructed. He had read the full regulations of inspections for the penal colony.     The company of 8 fallen angels members marched down the ramp proudly. Viper handed the papers to the nearest officials and stood to attention.         "Let me warn you know commander," Viper hissed. "We will not be leneant this time. Any, and no matter how small of a deviation from the rules will result in action."     The commander looked slightly nervous now, Viper was deliberatelty trying to put him off guard.     "These papers check out," said the commander, handing them back. "I assure you everything is in line. May i remind you that here we have always offered full co-operation with your inspection teams."     "Yes very good. I and my team wish to go inside and check things out, we will then interview various chosen officials. My man here," he gestured to geist "Will inspect the guards. i Trust he will be respected."     "At once" smiled the commander. He had obviously been shaked, but was acting well considering.     Meanwhile a miniscule device in Ramon's ear crackled.     "This is kuroishi, we're watching you now. They don't appear to be trying anything. They're just going along with it. All scans show the same thing, there's heavy activity in there, but it look like they're just preparing for the inspection."     Ramon gave Viper a single nod before they carried on into the prison.     Meanwhile Kuroishi kept inpecting the place with binoculars from a distance, IR, and all other vision modes showed no signs of trouble. While scanning he carried on briefing cloud on techniques. (Sorry if i've misenterpreted your plans, but no-one else was doing **** all )

-----------------------
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
December 29, 2001 8:17:17 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Kuroishi explained the skills of a sniper to Cloud as he watched the prison. He had his own binoculars and was scanning the place for any unusal activity. He saw a lot of activity, but it just looked like they were preparing for the "inspection". Cloud stopped his scanning and listened to Kuroishi. He explained the pressures of a sniper and the responsiblities. After a while, they picked up their scanning again, and kept the inspection team informed. ---------------------------------------------- Raziel was was listening to the comm tentively. He heard of all the activity inside the prison, and that made him long to sneak around and take a look, but he couldn't. He has to lead his squad, in case they were needed to help the FA. Arkinian wished he was inside with Tycho, slicing into the prisons mainframe and manipulating it to his will. It would've been fun, but all he could do was wathc from a hidden camera and learn from that. He would help Tycho, if needed,but he had a feeling he wouldn't need it. The Wraiths, sat in waiting inside the shuttle, hoping for ome action, but praying that they wouldn't be needed. An hour passed and they still weren't needed, things looked good. The FA was deep inside the prison and Tycho was wired into the system, and Viper was interviewing the officers. 

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/INT sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
December 30, 2001 4:43:36 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi had rigged something special as an instruction device for Cloud.  A special pair of binoculars would see the same thing as the scope on Daishi's Timbique Edition Zues. "I know it will take a long time to actually absorb the skills I'm trying to teach you but I know I'm at least putting you on the right track."  Kuroishi said to Cloud as he watched the perimiter. If all was going as he had planned the Corvette Sweetums would be joining the Scythe in geosyncronous orbit in a few hours. Kuroishi was rather nervous about Argon being on the inspection detail, being a Whiphid after all, but it seems to have worked out after all. Kuroishi much preffered the heavy anti-vehicale gun in his hands to any blaster based sniper weapon and with the silencer attached there was no way the nemy would know what hit them if trouble did break out. "Observation post to team, hurry up in there.  The guards seem to be getting fidgety.  Tycho I know you're filling in for Narm and all as the new slicer of the unit but frak this is starting to take too long for an inspection.  Death Knights and Wraiths hold your positions for now but get ready to support the untis inside."  Kuroishi radioed as he watched some guards suddenly change patrol route and timing. "What is it?"  Cloud asked as he started looking through the special binoculars. "See those two guards in the left side of my scope, well they were walking a path other then the one they are on now every ten minutes that would take them clear across the perimeter of the base.  Now thier path will take them dangerously close to the computer center."  Kuroishi responded. "Shouldn't we do something?"  Cloud replied. "We can only give away now what may not even be given away if we are patient.  The ability to wait is the greatest tool of any kind of warrior."  Kuroishi spouted the motto of the Varneck Royal Military Acadamy in response. Kuroishi settled into a more comfortable position and waited.  Now it would be up to the 'inspection team' to do the rest.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:07:56 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 101  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >