Author
Topic:  Ch. 7 - Army
Sidious
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  70
Total Posts:  70
  RE: Ch. 7 - Army
November 27, 2001 6:02:28 AM    View the profile of Sidious 
Sorry i've been out of it for a while guys, so to speak, um i'm not sure where i am in the scheme of things, so i'll post this now, just to let u know i will post a part of this ..when i figure out where i am in it. But from what it looks like so fsr, is that it's gonna be great. Oh, and argon, r u gonna post sum more on our story? cos i got two other stoyrs lined up after tha one. Well, bye!

-----------------------
Geetings. *Salutes. I have now been in the VE for Two months..i think..lol! It's great to be in this club, and i hope we'll bring in more active members. Thats all for now. *Salutes.
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
November 27, 2001 5:29:24 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Jubei summarised the scene down in the base.     “A rabble” he was currently viewing the base through NV binoculars. He was not particularly impressed with the recruits as they finished their evening training.     He was lying flat in a hollow he had found; from here he could see almost the entire base. His high-powered rifle lay next to him, the scope still covered to stop any give away reflections. Dez was currently adjusting his equipment to get the range correct. They were lying almost a mile from the base.     “Timber, are you there?” asked Dez     “Yes I’m here, what’s the matter?” crackled Timber from his earpiece.     “Absolutely nothin’ ” replied Jubei. “We’re just sitting tight, getting ready for a boring night. They ain’t gonna find us here.”     “Ah good” replied Timber; there was an audible sigh. “Raziel and Agent are on the way, they’ll be talking with you in about 2 hours when it’s dark.”     “Got ya,” Dez replied     The two snipers carried on with what they were doing before. Jubei was certain he could pick someone off from almost anywhere in the compound. He watched as a group of youngsters doing hand-to-hand training were let off for the night. As they set up for the night he relayed information on the setup of the bases defences to Raziel. ===========================================================     Darkness fell slowly across the lowlands; Raziel reflected that the sunset had been rather brilliant across the mountain ranges. He looked around him now at a group of maybe 20 miners, dressed in drabs and his squad also dressed likewise. It had been Agents idea to use the miners as backup, but it was a good one. The miners they had selected to come along had all seen a fair amount of action in skirmishes and seemed well armed.     It was almost time for Raz and Agent to leave now. They would, hopefully, be able to sneak in and blow the comms without too much trouble. Jubei had already found the buildings location and said the base wasn’t well guarded. Well there was no real reason to defend a training camp with nothing of any real value hidden within.     The group of miners are Wraith squad all got themselves settled into a cave not 2 miles from the base, that way when Timber and the other men came out of the hijacked truck they could all get shooting straight away.     Kalon and Cloud were busy preparing weapons, whilst Agent talked to the miners. Sniper and Arkanian were getting ready to take the first watch. Raziel had full confidence in them. Since he had been made squad leader Raziel had spent a great deal of time taking his squad through night training. As part of his communications routine he had made it so the whole squad could function almost without a word being said.     Raziel made the final adjustments to his equipment. He had got himself a loosely fitting cloak to go over his body armour. In this he had found ways to hide all 20 of his knives. His compact rifle could be held in a hip holster. He had one silenced slug thrower pistol within easy reach and another light pistol hidden as a last resort. His two black combat knives were at his waist, so he could grab them easily. He also had a brace of throwing knives across his waist and chest. His other all-purpose knives were hidden in sleeves etc. Two of them were even hidden against all forms of scans, so that he could use them if captured. As long as they didn’t strip him of course.     “Agent” he whispered     “Hmm?” came the reply.     “Time to go. Good luck everyone. ===========================================================     “You see them Jubei, they should be near the east side of the base. He says he’s just about to go past the outer fence.” Timber was relaying instructions from Raziel.     “Ok he’s waving the IR flare now!” The infrared flare was made so that only someone using IR goggles would be able to pick it out. A big white glow caught Jubei’s attention. He found it amusing that without his goggles he couldn’t see it at all.     “Ok I see him, how are you down there? You’re mostly clear from here, keep it up.”     “Thanks,” Agent replied. He and Raziel had been moving for hours now, they had easily breached the bases outer defences. Raziel found the task almost insulting. Guard duty here, it seemed, was not a case of actually having any function. It was simply a punishment to the worst trainees.     Raziel watched as another trooper passed by, probably on the way to the toilet. He raised a throwing knife just in case, but for no real reason. No one would see the knives, they were all coated black.     “Ok two guards to get past, then it’s the hut in front of you,” Jubei whispered. A grunt was all the reply he got from Raziel. They easily made it past the two young, snoring soldiers. Agent had to refrain from laughing.     The hut was a light construction, maybe 10 feet off the ground with two ladders to get up. Almost the only place properly guarded, there were two men walking around the 20ft by 20ft building.     “Ok you take the short one,” Raziel whispered, “I’ve got the other one.”     Raziel approached the building along shadows and out of the field of vision of the circling guards. He used his black cloak to mask his figure, so he was almost invisible in the darkness. Agent worked his way silently to the ladder on the opposite side of the 4-legged structure.     “On three…one, two…” Raziel leaped up the ladder and slipped behind the first guard, placing one hand across the man’s mouth he slipping a knife into his lungs. Agent on the other side of the building grabbed the guard with both arms and snapped his neck.     Raziel drew his silenced pistol and slammed open the door to the hut. Agent heard to quiet “claps” then entered from the other side of the hut to find two men on the floor. Both still has looks of surprise on their faces.     Agent smirked and got to placing the charges whilst Raziel hid the bodies and kept watch.     “It’s done!” Agent whispered 5 minutes later. “Charges set to 30 minutes”     “Ok its done Timber! We’re getting out of here now, we’ll stay around here for a few minutes just to make sure.” Raziel whisper into the comlink.     “This is Timber, the early morning supply van should be arriving in 20 minutes, and we’ll be arriving in 40, over”     Agent and Raziel moved to a hiding place about 20 metres from the “soon to be exploding” communications hut. Agent feared that someone might come and find the charges and they’d be caught. Raziel was not quite so convinced about the security here.     “Ok now it’s up Iron horse” Raziel prepared himself for the coming battle and watched as the sky began to lighten up. (Ok could someone from Iron Horse please write about hijacking the supply truck and driving it into the base. The plan then is to burst out as timber says and create havoc. Wraiths and a group of miners will then attack the base from the outside. Once most of the base is destroyed we’ll make an escape.)

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
November 27, 2001 6:21:00 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
Cloud sat in the darkness, polishing his blaster. He couldn't wait for action. He'd been in the Corps for about a month, and this was his first time to see some action. His commander Raziel promised him some action. He sat there for hours, amoung the various weapons he had to prep and clean for their raid on the base. It was his job, a simple task for a new grunt. He couldn't wait till daybreak when the action would start.  All he know was that all hell was going to be unleashed on that base below the ridge. The army's best were on the job. After a couple of hours of packing and loading weapons, his relief came. It was his turn to get some sleep. He figured he would need, or so he had been told.

-----------------------
[NAVY] LCRW sk8guy

TRP/PRC Cloud/5SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"BINK!!!"
"My paper tells me what to do."
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
November 27, 2001 7:19:21 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic woke at the smell of fresh coffee brewing.  He slowly got up from his bunk and got dressed.  He walked out of his quarters and looked around. Being on a starship didn't help much, and watching the stars was like watching the grass grow.  He spotted Talon and Fury sitting down on a small table, drinking some coffee while talking amonst themselves.  Cosmic walked over and sat down with a cup of coffee in his hands. "Morning." Said Cosmic slowly.  Talon and Fury nodded. "I wonder how long this battle will last.  If those boys down there coordinate and plan their strategies and tactics right, they'll be done in no time." Said Cosmic. Fury chuckled.  Talon sipped at his coffee, then looked out the small rectangular window.  Cosmic cleared his throat and took a deep breath.  He felt the cigar that was given to him by Exar Kun as a victory trophy.  "I guess I won't be using this anytime soon." Said Cosmic. "What's it for?" Asked Fury. "Well, me and Exar made a deal.  We both have a cigar at all times, and when we go into battle together and win it, we'll smoke 'em."  Fury smiled.  "A sort of victory dance eh?" "Something like that." Replied Cosmic, looking out the window.

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
[OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][IOC]
-----------------------
CO/SL/DJK Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP]
-----------------------
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
November 28, 2001 11:17:57 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
(OOC: Glad to take that on Raz ) Raxen laid in wait with the rest of the EIH troopers with him, waiting for that truck to come. His blaster at his side with the safety lock down, he kept a constant finger at the trigger of the gun. After some time, the truck came rumbling down the small path right on time. Raxen grinned as the truck drew nearer. Military precision. That was helping them today. He eyed Legionaire, who was lying on the other side of the road. Legionaire caught his eye and nodded. This was it. They must overpower this truck and get into the base. All the troopers went into semi-crouch. When the truck came near enough, Raxen leapt onto the truck and struggled to contain control of the truck, blasting some guards on the truck. With some backup from Legionaire, Raxen soon finished off the guards and dragged them into the forest while Legionaire kept the driver at gunpoint to warn him from doing anything unexpected. Raxen leapt back into the truck, grunting, 'We might have been killing a couple of squirrels. I dont think that they are even trainned. Here,' Raxen tossed the guards' blaster to every trooper. 'Some ammo backup.' 'Now you,' He pointed at the driver, who looked scared enough to seem to be wetting his pants. ' Just drive up as per normal to the base and if they ask you what held up just say someone had an emergency. Watch out anything you do. I'll be behind you with a loaded gun at your head! Understood ?!?' The driver nodded feverishly and the truck slowly rabled on its way towards the base. Raxen settled back as the truck moved to its destination. Hope that they were right in time with the plan. --- 1 hour later --- Raxen kept a lookout. Soon a mass of buildings came into view. It had to be the base. Raxen nudged Legionaire, who grinned. This was it. Raxen pressed the gun against the driver, who reacted by driving faster. Soon the truck eased into the security checkpoint. 'You, show your pass!' The security guard barked at the driver who fumbled with his wallet looking for his pass. He handed it to the security guard, who noticed that his hand was shaking terribly. The security guard looked at the driver with suspicion, but since the pass was alright, the driver passed and the truck started to move. Suddenly, the security guard shouted at the driver, telling him to stop the truck. Raxen and Legionaire exchanged glances, reminding each other to be on alert. They might have to burst out soon and start gunning. The guard rushed forward. 'We want to inspect your truck. There's something suspicious.' He opened the driver's door and was killed instantly by Raxen. Legionaire finished off the truck driver and took control of the driver seat while Raxen and the rest of the troopers gunned down the guards pouring out of their barracks. Driving furiously to the main building, they were sooned joined by their fellow comrades already in wait long time ago. The battle was joined.

-----------------------
[Army - Raxen] ETRP/CPL Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[Navy - Fallen] FM/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my Blaster.'
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
November 28, 2001 12:08:40 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "Ok Agent, blow it!" Raziel laughed as EIH jumped from the truck into a mass of unprepared trainees. They immediatelty started throwing grenades around and generally creating havoc.     Raziel watched as a group of maybe 10 soldiers sprinted towards the elevated comms building, hoping to get a message out.     As soon as they had climbed the ladders up to the floor of the hut Agent hit the back up detonator.     "S***!!" Agent screamed as they dived for cover. The huge blue fireball created by the hut threw debris all about then. There was no chance at all the 10 soldiers had survived.     "Next time less explosives?" Agent asked, grinning.     "Hell yeah!" Raziel said, still quite shaken. "Now we have to get out of here to meet Cloud and the others.     "Cloud, Sniper, report?" He asked down his link.     "We're here sir, Timber's given us instructions to head to the south side of the base where a group of them are trying to escape. He hopes to box them in." The reply came from Sniper. He sounded tired from a long march.     "Ok we'll meet you in a few," Agent whispered back.     The sky was still dark enough for Raziel and Agent to try and escape the chaos that had erupted around them. Trainees were rushing from their beds, grabbing weapons they were only half proficient with to try and fight the EIH.     Agent and Raziel kept to the shadows, but still had to kill a few men along the way. =====================================================================     Timber pushed another man away from himself and raised his rifle to get in another few shots. After the group of trainees rushing towards their position had suddenly found something better to do he dived behind cover with the rest of his squad.     Raxen was busy loading another rocket into the launcher. Whilst the rest of the squad kept the enemy at bay. They were outnumbered about 4-1 at the moment and the odds would only get worse.     Fortunately most of the enemy troops were still only half trained. According to Jubei and Dez’s reports there were only about 20 fully trained personnel here and up to 120 recruits.     “Sir missile prepped.” Raxen shouted     “Good aim for that heavy building they’re firing from over there!” Timber shouted.     Within seconds the building erupted in an explosion of splinters and metal. The troops that were inside ran madly for cover as they were picked off.     Unfortunately across the other side of the compound 60 soldiers were being organised into a fairly efficient attack force by a group of sergeants. They were now well-armed and ready to fight off the EIH. Unfortunately just as the order to advance came, their leader’s neck snapped back as he was shot in the head.     “Sniper!” the troops shouted as they ran for cover.     “Timber this is Jubei here. We’ve just scattered an attack force on the other side of the camp, but they’ll be back soon.”     “Damn!” Timber replied. “How many?”     “About 60 or so, some regulars amongst them as well.”     “Right we’ll hold here for as long as we can, where are the wraiths?”     “Almost there sir, they’ve almost met up with Raziel and Agent already. At the moment they’re circling around to the other side of the camp picking off any fleeing soldiers.”     Timber realised that although they could hold their current position for a few hours, they would be in trouble soon.     “Keep firing!” he shouted. =====================================================================     Raziel dropped out of the shadows behind another exit guard and slit his throat. He smirked as the body dropped to the floor. Their escape was now clear and they could meet up with the rest of the wraiths.     As he exited the compound Agent saw the rest of the wraith squadron along with a group of miners in a firefight with some fleeing soldiers. After Agent fired off some shots at the cowardly rebels from behind they came out of their cover to be cut down by the miners.     Raziel only fired one shot and he nearly hit one of his own men.     “Sir that was a s*** shot,” Agent smirked.     “I know, never been my strong point.” Raziel replied, grinning     Raziel and Agent rushed to meet the rest of their squadron. The wraiths quickly lined up whilst the miners made a fair attempt at looking presentable.     “Ok you all ready to go in?”     “Yessir!” they replied as one.     “Ok then lets go, you miners all up for this?” Raziel asked What looked like the leader of the miners stepped forward, smiling.     “My friend we’ve been waiting for a shot at these guys for months. Lets go!” =====================================================================     Timber winced as another shot hissed past his arm, narrowly missing. The recruits were awful soldiers, but there were so many of them now converging on Timbers squad that the air was beginning to go red with blaster fire.     The tables turned very quickly however as wraith squad and a complement of at least 20 miners burst into the compound from the other side, weapons blazing.     The rebel’s trainees soon came under pressure as both squads of VE troops started pressing them from each side. Soon they were all fleeing towards the central building and fortifying it.     “Timber, I bet we can take that central building before you can!” Raziel shouted     “You’re on!”     All sides and the race to finish the rebels started joined the battle. (Both EIH and wraiths are inside the training camp now fighting the fleeing rebels caught in the middle)

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Double Agent
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  19
November 28, 2001 6:37:05 PM    View the profile of Double Agent 
"Let's go!" shouted Agent, practically running forward.  He had been shooting nonstop for about 20 minutes now, and his finger seemed to love to shoot as much as he did.  Who knew that total chaos could be so much fun? "Hey, over there!" Raziel shouted.  He had spotted a group of fleeing trainees. "Ah, hell yeah."  Agent shouted as he chucked another grenade right in the middle of them.  Out of about a dozen, 3 were left alive.  Not for long.  3 shots from Wraith and they too were down.

-----------------------
"Whenever i see something screech across the
room and latch onto a guy's neck, and the guy
screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh,
because, what is that thing?"

SGM Double Agent
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
November 28, 2001 8:43:23 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
Cloud rushed toward the central building. Firing precision shots at some rebel troops that attempted to blast him. He almost pitied them. It was a little too easy. He figured that he was gonna be the one dying and running in fear from the enemy, but he was wrong. He noticed that one of the regular troops had organized the trainees into a loose squad. He attempted to order them around and make some progress, but was suddenly brought to the ground by a precision shot to the hand. He'd have to work on his aim so he could be a sniper too. That was his strong point,  high powered rifles, and sniper shoots. He'd talk to Raziel after this battle about being made a sniper. An explosion rocked the area around him. Someone had gotten a grenade off. He was thrown to the ground, a little dazed. He decided he just lay there a moment to get his senses back.

-----------------------
[NAVY] LCRW sk8guy

TRP/PRC Cloud/5SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"BINK!!!"
"My paper tells me what to do."
Jedi
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
November 28, 2001 9:07:01 PM    View the profile of Jedi 
Meanwhile....         The Raiders had gone to attack the enemy base, accompanied by the  Dark Dragoons. The had brought a plethora of weapons, from rifles to detonators. Between the two squads, there were more than enough weapons. The Dark Jedi Knights and trainees also brought their lightsabers. The squads were sneaking through the woods, camoflaged in their pink bathrobes and bunny slippers from the store, and came to a hill overlooking the enemy campsite! "Now what?" asked Shadow. "I dunno." replied Otto. "I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do! I'm going in there firing like a MADMAN!" said Jedi. "No wait!!!!!!!" hollered Snake. Jedi seemed to ignore Snake as he ran right past him! Snake ran after him to try and stop him!

-----------------------
Sargeant Jedi
Executive Officer
Raiders' Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
XO/TRP/SGT Jedi/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE]

"If we live in a peaceful society, why is there such an abundance of Evil?--Jedi
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
November 28, 2001 9:30:38 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
Shadow liked his XO's attitude. Ignoring the cries of his squad leader, he pulled out his E-11 and charged at the enemy, right behind Jedi. The sergeant and private began firing wildly at the enemy as they approached. Alarms began to ring throughout the enemy base. "So much for our element of surprise," Demi Wraith muttered. Snake shrugged. "Oh well, at least they've got heart." He let out a chuckle and charged after his men. Both squads followed close behind, giving cover fire for Shadow and Jedi. Jedi looked over to see Shadow had caught up to him and was overmatching him stride for stride. "Better not go too fast," he huffed. "You don't want to be the first one to get shot, Shadow." Shadow grinned as he ran past Jedi. "I'll make sure that doesn't happen . . . sir." His black armor glistening in the afternoon sun, Shadow reached the gates of the enemy base about a hundred feet in front of Jedi. He pulled out a stasis mine from his backpack, set it on the door, and turned to run back the way he had came. As soon as Jedi saw the mine on the door, he turned tail and started running, too. A few seconds later the explosive went off, blowing a hole in the gate and destroying part of the surrounding wall. Dozens of enemy soldiers began to pour out through the hole, covered by E-Web fire from within the base. "Dammit!" Jedi yelled, pulling out his lightsaber. He deflected a couple of bolts just in time before they finished him off. Meanwhile, Shadow was taking cover behind a large boulder. The rest of the Raiders and the Dark Dragoons had caught up to the two headstrong troops by then and were returning enemy fire. None of the foes who came out of the demolished gate made it very far under the Vast Empire's trained marksmen. Snake let out a holler. "Good job, men. Now all we have to do is find a way to take out those E-Webs from here and we can make a REAL charge on the compund." "Should've brought along an AT walker," War Woman muttered. "Got any ideas, DW?" Otto asked, turning to look at the Dark Dragoons' leader. "Well," Demi said, "there is one thing that might work..."

-----------------------
TRP/1PFC Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
November 28, 2001 11:22:13 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"Hey Snake I got an idea.  You still have a couple of those Flashbang greanades with you?" "Yeah, I got about 4 left." "Alright here's the plan, Snake I need you to chuck a couple of into the base.  Once they go off, your squad will charge in and take out the main facilities, we give you supressive fire." War Woman got ready with her MRB-10 medium repeating blaster.  Darkjedi readied himself with a Bi-polar blaster BMC-150 carbine. "Everybody ready?  One, two, three!" Snake threw the Flashbangs into the base and 3 seconds later the Flashbangs exploded and stunned the rebels. Shadow and Jedi charged into the base with their melee weapons ready to attack.  They attacked the enemies closest to them.  War Woman and Darkjedi fired at the at the soldiers that weren't affected by the flashbangs.  Demi Wraith, Reikane, and Sidious gave cover fire as Snake, Otto, and the rest of the Raiders advanced towards the center of the base.

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Demi Wraith
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1]

Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
November 29, 2001 7:47:24 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
[This message has been edited by Fallen (edited November 29, 2001 7:48:18 AM)]
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

November 29, 2001 7:49:49 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
Raxen rolled behind a crate and started blasting any enemy troopers he could see in sight, with Dez covering him. He felled a couple of soldiers and inserted a new pack of ammo. He noticed that a trooper was also reinserting a new pack into his blaster behind a crate by looking at a reflection. He aimed at the crate and shot at it. The bolt sped through it and killed the trooper almost instantaneously. Raxen grinned at his blaster. It was real good. Running forward to the guy, he grabbed all new equipments he could selvaged. Re managed to recover some rounds of ammos, food rations, medic packs and utility belts. It was a great haul. He rolled behind a door and ducked a couple of shots. He breathed and blasted a group of troopers heading towards Timber and the rest of the EIH. Many fell dead and some were screaming in agony. Steadly the EIH pushed forward. No one could say that they were soft troopers. They were elite ; they were the Iron Horse. Gradually the odds became 2-1. This was easy. Raxen hauled a couple more ammos rounds and managed to selvaged a decent repeating blaster. Soon he was holding a gun in each hand, blasting every single trooper in the way. He threw the strewn blaster to the EIH and their firepower effectively increased. The enemy troopers were in chaos. Communications has totally broken down between the ranks. Raxen managed to capture a couple of troopers and spotted a high ranking officer heading for the exit. He pointed it out to Dez, who shot him immediately on the leg. The officer fell down. Raxen rushed forward and binded him together. They deposited him with the other captured troopers at a EIH-secured area. =========================================== Raziel captured one after another trooper and blasted them mercilessly. Agent took great delight in hurling thermal detonators at the chaotic enemy troopers. Many bodies were strewn across the floor. Soon even the dead bodies became a hinderance. 'Darn!' Raziel shouted as he kicked aside another body while firing repeatedly at the surrounded enemy. 'Wished they would just disappear.' Suddenly there was a change of events. A new batch of troopers has rushed into the battle and from their shots, these were trained fighters .... Raziel and his squad fired defensively, trying to hold off until the EIH managed to breakthrough and rejoin them against the new threat ....  

-----------------------

Raxen
ComNet Initiate

November 29, 2001 7:49:51 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
Raxen rolled behind a crate and started blasting any enemy troopers he could see in sight, with Dez covering him. He felled a couple of soldiers and inserted a new pack of ammo. He noticed that a trooper was also reinserting a new pack into his blaster behind a crate by looking at a reflection. He aimed at the crate and shot at it. The bolt sped through it and killed the trooper almost instantaneously. Raxen grinned at his blaster. It was real good. Running forward to the guy, he grabbed all new equipments he could selvaged. Re managed to recover some rounds of ammos, food rations, medic packs and utility belts. It was a great haul. He rolled behind a door and ducked a couple of shots. He breathed and blasted a group of troopers heading towards Timber and the rest of the EIH. Many fell dead and some were screaming in agony. Steadly the EIH pushed forward. No one could say that they were soft troopers. They were elite ; they were the Iron Horse. Gradually the odds became 2-1. This was easy. Raxen hauled a couple more ammos rounds and managed to selvaged a decent repeating blaster. Soon he was holding a gun in each hand, blasting every single trooper in the way. He threw the strewn blaster to the EIH and their firepower effectively increased. The enemy troopers were in chaos. Communications has totally broken down between the ranks. Raxen managed to capture a couple of troopers and spotted a high ranking officer heading for the exit. He pointed it out to Dez, who shot him immediately on the leg. The officer fell down. Raxen rushed forward and binded him together. They deposited him with the other captured troopers at a EIH-secured area. =========================================== Raziel captured one after another trooper and blasted them mercilessly. Agent took great delight in hurling thermal detonators at the chaotic enemy troopers. Many bodies were strewn across the floor. Soon even the dead bodies became a hinderance. 'Darn!' Raziel shouted as he kicked aside another body while firing repeatedly at the surrounded enemy. 'Wished they would just disappear.' Suddenly there was a change of events. A new batch of troopers has rushed into the battle and from their shots, these were trained fighters .... Raziel and his squad fired defensively, trying to hold off until the EIH managed to breakthrough and rejoin them against the new threat ....  

-----------------------

Imperial Center
ComNet n00b

The Vast Empire  [VEHC]

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  17
November 29, 2001 11:38:13 AM    View the profile of Imperial Center 
[This message has been edited by Imperial Center (edited November 29, 2001 1:09:20 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
November 29, 2001 1:14:04 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury, Talon, and Cosmic were taking a late lunch on a veranda overlooking the pitiful little mining village they were currently calling home.  Talon and Fury were pleased.  Cosmic was nursing a hangover from celebrating.  Reports from the field showed that the squads - with help from the locals - was doing a bang-up job of taking out the camp.  Unfortunately it was just a matter of time before the other camps caught on to the lack of comm traffic from the besieged troops. So.... Fury had already gotten authorization from command, seeing as one of them was eating a salad next to him.  He carefully triangulated the relative location of the Dominion and attached his orders to a burst transmission.  Simply put, all he had to say was "Send the package" and the might of the Corps would begin to descend onto the planet, setting up emplacements and encircling the other camps. Since the first camp was more or less eliminated as a threat, the incoming troops would contain the others. OOC: Thanks to those who have posted.  For those who sat out because they didn't want to join in a non-traditional assault, you have no more excuses.  The enemy knows we are here are are digging in. I was holding off on this as long as I could but I really want to see everyone involved in this campaign.

-----------------------
CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
November 29, 2001 9:02:15 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
The company never stood a chance. Argon and Droma simply attached shaped charges to the sides of the path for the legnth of one hundred meters. No troops escaped the firestorm that followed Droma's finger on the button. "As you can see,"said Argon,"terrorism's a lot more rewarding than plain soldiering.  how many of them do you think you could've killed normally?" "I dunno,"replied Droma,"two?" "Sounds about right,"said Argon. "Where're we going now?"asked Droma. "We're gonna go deal with one of those camps Fury mentioned,"replied Argon,"but first, we're going to get some intel out of it.  Just wait here until I get back." Argon left, sticking to shadowy areas that hid his massive form. The two guards found out just exactly what Argon had learned from Daishi and Geist when they were sniped within seconds of each other. Argon set the timer for thirty minutes, the time set for the guards to check in. Slipping into the camp, he set up a beacon and a listening device by the command center. On the way out, he set tripmines near their weapons lockers. He slipped out of the camp and met up with Droma. "So,"said Droma,"are we ready to kill the camp?" "Yup,"replied Argon,"only one thing, don't fire at a certain beacon I set up." "Sounds good,"said Droma,"but how am I going to do this with a blaster rifle?" "You're not,"said Argon, handing him and automatic grenade launcher,"you're going to use this." Droma broke into maniacal laughter and they headed toward the base. Argon fired one shot into the base from his sniper rifle, destroying the long range comm, and the assault started. Droma sent a three round burst of grenades screaming into the base, destroying one barracks complex. Instantly, alarms rang out, soldiers rushed out of the buildings, flying toward the weapons storage facilities. Two seconds later, the mines went off, wiping out troops and weapons at once, even as Droma fired another three round burst into another barracks. Argon let loose a shot with an explosive projectile at the doorway of the command center, "encouraging" the command staff to stay inside. The battle was short and vicious, Droma turned the camp into a virtual firestorm, and anyone attempting to leave received one Argons bullets to the head or chest. They went down the ridge, and encountered a scene from hell. The entire base was still smoking from the assault, and the scent of burnt meat was prevelent. Argon didn't mind it, but Droma burried his nose in his sleave. They headed for the command center, the only building still standing. They entered weapons first, and the commanders instantly surrendered. As Droma kept watch, Argon climbed to the long range transmitter and got it working again. He put in a call to Fury and got some transport for their new prisoners. An hour later, the transport arrived and picked up the prisoners. As Argon and Droma were about to leave, the transmitter gave a beep. Argon looked at Droma but got a shrug in return. They walked over and Argon pressed the talk button. "Yes?" "I assume I am talking to the conquerer of my base,"said the voice at the other end,"I saw your preformance, it was quite impressive." "Who are you,"asked Argon. "Simple,"replied the voice,"I am General Grandai Hawktalon, and I'm the man who just ordered your deaths." Argon and Droma looked at each other, then looked out the window. "$h*t!!!!"they said simultaneously. They dove out the window and passed the missle going the other way. The shockwave caught them halfway down, throwing their planned landing off balance. They crashed to the ground, Argon thought he felt something in his chest give. Looking at Droma, he saw that his partner wasn't in much better shape. He looked back at the command center to find a smoking crater. "I think,"he said,"we've just come up against a proffessional..." [Hey guys, the character I just introduced is the commander of the enemy ground forces, feel free to play with him.  He's just like those confident, experienced commanders that you see in the movies, always a step ahead of his enemies, and when he gets outsmarted, he always has another plan.  Enjoy  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

November 29, 2001 10:57:14 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
OOC: Remember people, only Anakin can be the Bad Guys! 

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
-----------------------
-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

November 30, 2001 5:13:40 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[I'm not being the bad guys, I'm just creating them, besides, if we didn't make some moves for the bad guys, how would we make our own posts?] [BTW, come on VEA, we should be beating the Navy one handed, not losing, what's wrong?]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

December 1, 2001 10:44:02 AM    View the profile of Shadow 
(OOC: Argon, the Navy story is winning b/c I'm in it. ) The Dark Dragoons bursted through the demolished gate, shooting left and right. Rebels fell to the ground all over the place as the Raiders followed up with a second assault. Without those E-Web enplacements up in the three towers, the enemy soldiers didn't have any sort of advantage. Shadow looked around after blasting an enemy in the chest. He couldn't do much damage down here on the ground with an E-11/m sharpshooter rifle. He looked around, and one of the E-Web towers that the Dragoons had taken out caught his eye. He ran over to his squad leader with shots flying all around them. "Sargeant, I'm going up into one of the towers. Sniper business." Snake nodded. "All right then, just make sure you don't kill any of our guys by accident." Shadow gave his superior a blank stare. "The only mistake I would make in battle would be to die," he answered. Snake just laughed. "Okay then, hop to it." Shadow turned and ran off toward the tower as Snake brandished his rifle and began to shoot holes into more of the enemy soldiers. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Demi Wraith smiled as he noticed a large explosion to his right side. So far things were going well. He didn't think even the elite Iron Horse could've run things this well. He waved War Woman over and pointed her toward a large complex to the right. Supposedly, the enemy was housing several speeder bikes in there. Although they had yet to use them in the battle. "We need to take that stucture out." He pulled back his jacket, revealing several grenades and themal detonators hanging on ammo belts around his chest and waist. "But first, I want you guys to get in there and steal some of those bikes. We could sure use them." "No problem," she replied. "Just leave it to me." Demi Wraith nodded. "All right then. But make it quick. I'll give you the rest of you cover fire from up on that embankment," he said, pointing to small hill nearby." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow fired off another shot, taking down a soldier that had revealed his position. This was almost too easy. That was sixth trooper he had taken down since getting up into the tower. He only wished that the E-Web had still been operational . . . he could've have had some real fun. After a couple of minutes of intense fighting, composed of heavy losses for the enemy side, the VE's foes had taken up strategic defensive positions throughout the complex. It was hard for Shadow to see them behind their dug out trenches and defense walls. Sure didn't make sniping any easier. Suddenly, his comlink buzzed. "Yes?" he inquired. "Private, this is Demi Wraith. We're about to hit their speeder bike warehouse and steal us some bikes. Then I'm gonna blow the place sky high to take out the rest of the bikes. Could you help give my troops some cover fire?" Shadow scanned the scene beneath him until he picked out the bike storehouse. He noticed several of the Dark Dragoons slowly making their way toward the rear of the building. A few moments later he picked out Demi Wraith on top of a small hill nearby. He seemed to be pretty well hidden from enemy view. "No problem, sir. By the way, you've found yourself a nice little hiding place." "You can see me from up there?" "Well, yeah. But I don't think the enemies can." "Let's hope so," Demi replied, letting out a laugh. It was hard for Shadow to tell if the man was nervous or not. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Snake and Otto Vox made their way around the rear of one of the enemies' barracks. Snake had left Jedi in charge of the rest of the men while he and Vox went to plant charges on the building. They didn't want to take out too many of the buildings on the complex because they might need to use the facility as a base once they finished off all the EIH. But this particular barrack appeared to still have soldiers in it, from the readings on their scanners. This wasn't exactly fair play, but Snake would take any chance to take out a large number of enemies at once. "All right, Otto, let's make a break for it," Snake said. They would have to run across a large open field to get to the barracks. They were just hoping that none of their opponents had taken up defensive posts on either side of the field. "You sure about this, sir?" Otto questioned. "No, not really," Snake replied. "But it's worth a shot, right?" Otto just shook his head and pulled out one of his guns. "All right, on the count of three. One . . . two . . . . . . three!" Snake shouted. The two men took off on a mad dash for the barracks. The second they entered the open field, shots begin to ring out all around them. "Shit!" Otto yelled, turning and firing off some counter shots wildly to the right. Snake began to shoot randomly to the left, hoping to take out some of his attackers. Suddenly, there was a large explosion to the left and he heard Otto let out a holler. "What happened?" Snake shouted, dodging a blaster bolt. "I don't know!" Otto replied. "Looks like Otto hit a grenade storage shed," Shadow came in over the comlink. He would be able to see what was going on from up in that tower. "That was a pretty awesome explosion, Corporal." "If you can see us, why aren't you covering us?" Snake shouted into his comm. "I'm a little busy watching the Dragoons' backs right now," Shadow muttered. "Well get un-busy!" "Yessir." Snake looked up. Only about three hundred more meters and they would be to the other side. But he wasn't sure how much longer he and Vox could keep up this pace without falling down dead tired or getting shot. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Demi Wraith sniped another rebel who was trying to get over to the speeder building. Apparently, none of their opponents had been close to the storehouse when the battle started. That was a stroke of luck for the VE. Now he only hoped they didn't have reinforcements nearby. If the rebels received help in the from of air support or walkers, they were going to have to pull back. They didn't have the kind of firepower to stand up to any kind of concentrated assault like that. "All right," War Woman came in over the comm. "The whole place looks empty. We're gonna get six of these things and then make our way out. Anything else we need?" "Not that I can think of right now. Get on out of there so I can get over and blow the place before those EIH make a charge for the building and get their bikes." "Gotcha. We'll be out in a jiffy." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow saw the Dark Dragoons began to fly out of the warehouse on Aratech military speeder bikes and turned his attention to Snake and Otto. So far they had ran across a little more than half of the field without getting shot, but the odds were against them. The private looked around for someway he could help - the enemies who were shooting them were all inside building it seemed; no way Shadow could get a shot off through duracrete. Suddenly, he got an idea. Those buildings could probably withstand a grenade . . . but could one of these E-Web towers? "Jedi, come in." "What is it, Shadow?" "Do you see the tower near where Snake and Otto are making a run on that barracks?" There was a slight pause. "Oh, yeah. The rest of us Raiders are set up right behind it." "Any way you could maybe blow it up?" "What?!" Jedi shouted. "I was thinking that if you blew the tower up from the opposite side of where I am, it would fall down onto some of those buildings near the barracks and give enough distraction for Snake and Otto to make their way over safely." "We need those buildings for when we make our base here," Jedi replied. There was another brief pause. "But, what the hell. It's all for a good cause. All right, we're gonna go place some explosives on it. Over and out." Shadow leaned back and let out a long breath. Things were still going smoothly . . .for now. He decided to give Snake and Otto the sense that someone was covering them, so he pulled his rifle back up and began to shoot off toward the side. Maybe he'd get lucky and hit another explosive shed.   ----------------------- TRP/1PFC Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited December 1, 2001 10:56:39 PM)]
Rukh
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
December 1, 2001 12:49:07 AM    View the profile of Rukh 
MY GOD MAN! HOW LONG DID YOU SPEND ON THAT! THATS A LLLLLOONNNGGGGGG POST!!!

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Rukh/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN
Pilot Of The "Rebel Raper" Skipray Blast Boat
Aegis Squadron Flight Three Member Two
Astral Guard Member
Lusthawk Ten
Rukh
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 1, 2001 4:03:07 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[Don't post stupid stuff like that, post an addition to the story    OOC: Shadow, you're in the Army too, how come we're not winning?  Also, where's the rest of my fearless FAs, did I go into this on my own?  Droma, Master, Dragoon?  Where's my frickin' squad?]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 1, 2001 9:48:00 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: And that wasnt very nice. I'm in EIH too . ROFL. Gah, nevermind, let's handle the bad guys before erupting in civil war between ourselves. ----------------------------------------

-----------------------

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my TIE Bomber.'
Shadow
ComNet Cadet

December 1, 2001 10:59:32 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
(OOC: Fallen, I wrote that post on no sleep and for some reason I thought we were fighting the EIH. Lmao. I saw EIH in someone's post and picked it up. The initals didn't even click in my head. Didn't mean to start anything. I went back and fixed my post ... I think. Again, I'm sorry. Whoever monitors these, feel free to remove both this post and Fallen's after everyone has had enough time to view it. Thanks.)
Fallen
ComNet Member

December 2, 2001 8:25:30 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Nah. anyway just wipe it out . Case closed. I wasnt that pissed actually.

-----------------------

'Long Live the Vast Empire. And my TIE Bomber.'
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 2, 2001 9:31:05 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
OOC: Can someone put a real post on here so I don't just have to add to my own story? 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
December 4, 2001 6:57:42 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Bear jumped out his personal transport on to a deserted area of land on the planet. The droid transport immediately took off and flew away into the distance. He was here to find a tiny piece of quatra-anium for the Naval Engineers. Apparently one piece of this substance could power the entire fleet for a week.. Anyway, it had taken ages to get here, and he wasn't going to dawdle. Bear flicked on his radio. "VEA.. Come in VEA.. This is the VEN.." "ssshhhhhhh.. shhhhhhhhhhh... ssssshhh.." "Damn. Nothing." Bear activated the mining droid he had borrowed from the Engineers. It spun round, beeped for a bit, then started to trundle away quickly. "Hey! No! Come back!" Bear ran after the droid for a good few kilometres, until it finally stopped. Bear, puffing and panting, stopped next to it and watched it burrow into the ground. "Ugh?" said a voice. Bear grabbed his blaster and said "Navy. Identify yourself." "Eek!" the voice said. Bear turned round very slowly, and came eye level with.. a leg. A big, brown, fat, hairy leg, connected to a big, brown, hairy beast. It was about the size of.. well, it was massive. Bear looked up. The beast looked down. Their eyes met. The beasts eye was about the size of Bear, and he could see his reflection in it. "Oh.. my.. god." Bear whispered. "Ogg?" said the beast. Bear had been given compulsory ground training in the Navy, but as the Training Officer had never needed to use it. He thought for a moment. There was one tactic you should use when faced in this situation. Withdraw. Fast. Bear turned, very slowly, looked at the horizon, and started running. *Thunk* *Thunk* *Thunk* *Thunk* The beast was following him! Worse, it was going at his speed.. and slobbering. "ARMY! ARMY! HELP! ANYONE! SAVE ME!" he screamed, running faster and faster. *Thunk* *ThunK* *ThuNK* *ThUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* Bear noticed a trench in the ground. He took a running jump, and jumped straight into.. the beasts droppings! "Ahhhhhh!" he screamed, but stopped when he saw the beasts tongue trying to get into the trench. "Ok.. I just have to wait for you to go away.. This won't be too hard." Bear said as he mockingly took out a ration pack. OOC: Don't delete this unless someone high up has a MAJOR problem with it, or it spoils everything. My Training Platform has been ruined in the Navy story, so they don't need me, so I'm coming here to run an errand for the engineers   Besides, I might not be in the same place as you guys.. I might not even be on the same planet   Its up to you how you use this tho.. P.S. I hope I didn't break the rules.. just trying to show some initiative
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
December 4, 2001 11:59:50 AM    View the profile of Fury 
OOC:  Whatever it takes to get people involved, do it.  Basically, we're looking at drumming out just about anyone who doesn't start posting soon.  I will work to get your wages taken from you to finance a kegger at the Fallen Angels' pad and you will be beaten and humiliated worse than Chuck Connors in Branded.  Onboard the Bantha Stampede: Fury had retired to the comm center on the light freighter to scan Imperial channels.  Thus far one camp was down and almost out and the Fallen Angels were intent on taking yet another group out of the picture. The Dominion had taken up an orbital position over the planet.  Basically it's job was to soften up the remaining camps, knock out the enemy's air support capability, and basically ensure that no communications networks could operate off planet.  Many transceivers had been attacked, as well as all the orbiting Holonet satellites...quite a substantial amount for sure a backwater planet. Detachments of TIE Droid fighters ensured that no craft attempted liftoff from the primary civilian port.  Aside from the occassional enemy scout craft, the only things in the sky were airspeeders flown by the allied miners, VE TIEs and the odd intraplanetary cargo craft between cities. Regular VE forces had encircled the three remaining bases but had thus far not entered any of them.  Artillery teams were dug in, and garrison works were emerging as combat engineers worked long hours to build a defensive perimeter to contain the enemy forces.  With the Fallen Angels doing their worst to the enemy, at least one camp was soon to have a severe morale problem. Which left a few questions up for grabs.  Wildcard platoon was still either mopping up one base or heading into further trouble skirmishing with enemy troops in the open.  Air support would help those teams with the heavy equipment the enemy had with them. Unfortunately, those fighters had been drawn off by the Dominion to pursue a small craft that had entered the planet's atmosphere.  Those troops would have to face light tanks with nothing more than small arms.  Apparently they would have to show some initiative. Which reminded Fury of a couple things.  Tapping at his datapad, he ordered teams of regulars to set up a few caches of equipment that the squads would soon need.  Standard-issue armor, blasters, weapons and explosives, repulsortanks, speeders, vehicles of assorted nature.  Whenever the teams could free themselves from their current firefights, this would be necessary for the continuance of their mission. The other question was this: what was he still doing on this rock?  With Talon wrapping up the final details of any Imperial Center business and Cosmic finding that the only scenic tours in the area were of mine shafts, it was pretty clear that they either had to return to Tadath or ride roughshod over their squad leaders. The choice was clear.  Fury made a list of items to stock the ship with: provisions, trade goods, various knick-knacks and went out to finish his personal objectives on Anobis.   ----------------------- CMP CMDR/MAJ Fury/1CMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited December 4, 2001 1:08:39 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

December 4, 2001 5:37:41 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
After Droma and Argon got back to their base, Daishi had called the Fallen Angels together to discuss the new situation. "Okay,"he said when they were all assembled,"what happened." Argon and Droma sat at the circle table, but they were the only ones bandaged up, still nursing some cracked ribs from the fall. "Well,"said Argon,"we took out the base and got the command center intact.  We called in Fury to take out the leaders..." "... then the long range comm beeped,"interrupted Droma,"we figured we'd answer it, and this guy who called himself... uhhh..." "Grandai Hawktalon,"supplied Argon,"and he told us he'd been watching us and that we wouldn't be living too long after the call..." "...we looked out the window,"said Droma,"and there was this decent sized missle coming at us..." "...so we jumped out the window and got the way you see us today,"finished Argon. "Okay,"said Daishi,"now that the rest of you have heard the story, here's my plan..."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

December 4, 2001 6:39:53 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
OOC: I hope this post doesn't mess up anyone else's post, but I have to get some action. Cosmic finally had enough of his scenic route through the mines and started back to the encampment.  He wasn't wearing any uniform as to not reveal his rank to any hidden snipers.  He had a green T-shirt on and green pants which was accompanied by a black leather belt with a gold buckle. Attatched to this nice leather belt was a leather holster with Cosmic's pistol.  The air was a little humid, but it felt great compared to being on the Dominion.  It was certainly better than playing card games or drinking coffee all day, and looking out the window for any sign of action.  Suddenly, a low rustle in the bushes stopped Cosmic in his tracks. He quickly looked around himself...at his the environment he was in...everything that could be used as a shield or a weapon. He spotted a medium-sized boulder just ten feet away.  He took a deep breath then quickly leaped toward the boulder.  He quickly heard a shot being made.  No more than a second had passed when he heard that shot did he see a red laser coming right wards his foot.  He quickly tucked his legs close to his chest and rolled towards the boulder.  He quickly stood up behind the boulder and slowly looked around it.  Another shot was taken. Cosmic quickly moved his head away.  He did see the source of the shot, however. Cosmic took a deep breath and held his pistol firmly.  He quickly turned around and fired at the shot's last location.  His own laser shot went off and he heard a low howl of pain in 2 seconds.  He saw someone fall to the ground from a nearby tree.  He quickly moved back behind the boulder and poised himself for more oncoming fire.  There was none.  He peered around the boulder once more, making sure it was safe, then walked towards the dead sniper.  Cosmic wondered who this sniper was and what he was doing here on this planet.  He kicked the sniper's side and made his body roll over, so that his stomach was now facing upwards.  Cosmic looked down and spotted a red bandedge-type material wrapped around his arm.  It was a patch.  Cosmic found out the answer of his question. "New Imperium..." Said Cosmic in a slow whisper.  He quickly ran back to the encampment to warn the temporary base and the Dominion.

-----------------------
Captain Cosmic
Commander of Training
-----------------------
-----------------------
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7 - Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:07:08 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 147  |  Bots - 3