Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > F'Tral, rescueing the black death

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  F'Tral, rescueing the black death
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
  RE: F'Tral, rescueing the black death
January 16, 2004 12:49:49 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
[OOC] blah[/OOC]

Mandor pulled out his E-11 and started spraying shots as fast as he could. He went through a clip in about 30 seconds. He didnt hesitate to reload, he just pulled his double O-6 Blaster pistoles and started charging the gaurds in an attempt to shake their nerve and give Daishi time to get the door open. He charged past the first gaurd and just shot one time hitting the man in the throat. He kept running with a pistole to each side firing as soon as he saw one of the gaurds. He felled at least 5 on his mad dash down the hall. As he got farther down the hall the gaurds were starting to turn to get away. He didnt stop he just continued firing into their backs. He was hoping his ploy to make him apear like a Fallen Angel was working. As he neared a guard that held his possition he pulled the trigger, but with no response. His ammo was out. He dropped the pistoles to the ground and stood staring at the guard. The guard raised his blaster to his shoulder and looked down the sites. Mandor fell to the floor, and a blaster shot went both ways over his head. The guard fell to the floor with blood seeping out of his armor onto the steel floor.

Mandor heard Lukas over the com yelling to get back. Mandor thought that was a good idea and ran back to the end of the hall taking the time to get his weapons. The hall was clear for a whole 45 seconds until another dispatch of guards flooded the hall.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BoA]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
January 16, 2004 1:23:10 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon ran across the field as the towers began to open fire on him, finally realizing he wasn't one of their soldiers.

He made it across the field in near record time, finishing with a flying leap onto the ledge on the second floor of the command tower.

From here, the bulk of the tower itself covered him from most of the perimeter towers, he was now only being shot at by three of them.

Flinging a grenade quickly into the one farthest to his right, he trained his heavy blaster with his other hand, raining bolts into the open top of the second tower.

The grenade exploded a few seconds later as men fell spinning from the first tower, lighting up the night sky and shredding whatever remained in the hapless target.

Unfortunately, since Argon was on a ledge, he couldn't dodge anymore.

A shot from the third tower took him in the left arm, forcing him to drop his blaster and lose his balance, falling behind it to the ground.

He hit the ground hard, but managed to roll with the impact, sending a feiry burst of pain through his wounded shoulder.

Rolling over his blaster, he picked it up and emptied the clip into the tower that had shot him, nothing could have survived by the time he was done.

Then, a shadow fell over him.

Looking up, he saw possibly one of the last things he'd ever expected to see.

"Fish!" he exclaimed, leaping to his feet, "when did you get here."

"Not too long ago," Fish replied, "you may have noticed a burning thing flash into the ground."

Argon looked at him dumbly for a second.

"Wow, you're crazier than I remember," he said finally.

"Probably," replied Fish, "what needs to be done?"

"I think Raz is in the tower," said Argon, "I'm supposed to hook up with him.  We can probably handle anything over here, you want to go help Dai rescue Kuroishi?"

Argon saw something pass over Stonefish's face.

It was only there for a second, and no one else would have recognized it, but Argon did.

It was the same feeling he had, they had been so used to recognizing the two as the same person, but something was changing in that, and it was still too confusing for them.

"On it," Fish replied, already moving toward the prison unit, blasters out and ready.

Argon looked after him for a second, it was wierd the way pieces of his past kept coming together and dissipating like that.

Ah well, he had a job to do.

Turning, he leapt again to the second floor ledge and crawled through one of the windows.

He moved quickly into the hallways, he had a general idea where the total command room would be, and hopefully that's where Raziel was too.

Half a minute later, he was at the door.

Opening it, he saw an odd sight.

Four men dead on the floor, one with no obvious outside marks on him, Raziel with his hands in clear view, and one of the guardsmen holding a blaster trained on his heart...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
January 16, 2004 2:29:09 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziels mind spead along like the famed millenium falcon. Firstly he though evaluating the situation. He had abandoned his rifles somewhere near the door, he had expended the charge in both of his hold out and all he had in the way of knives were a few undetectable organoplastic blades and a couple of his needle thowing blades tucked away. For cutting purposes he also had a molecular stilleto which in a pinch could be used.
    The distance between himself and Lo'am seemed huge though. He doubted even if he was stood a foot away he could strike the man. Frankly Lo'am scared him. And then if he escaped what then? His plan had been to head over to Kuroishi's own command centre, but thinking about it, it was probably too late now.
    His thinking went onto a deeper level now. If he died he, right now, stood before this man, would it have been worth it? He had rescued Rhylena and almost had something to look forward to now. A happy retirement perhaps? He had been killing or stealing for as long as he could remember. Yes, it probably would be worth it. Kuroishi was good man and he deserved to get through this, Raz had known the risk.
    If he went down now he would let his killer know he had failed.

"By now most of your men are dead anyway," Raziel smirked.
    "No i'm afraid not. I know my men they will hold their ground to the last,"
    "Heh, you have no idea what they're facing right now. Have you heard of the Fallen Angels? Have you heard of storm commandos? Face it you lost to me,"
    With that Lo'am closed the gap between them in an instant, Raziel's hand shot out to try and strike the pistol. Lo'am hadn't even come close to losing control of himself and pulled the pistol from reach whilst keeping it trained on Raziel.
    Raziel fell back a few feet and crumpled in two, he struggled to fight for air. Lo'am had kicked him harder than anything had before.
    "Are you going to die with some dignity or not?" Lo'am asked.
    Raziel struggled to his knees, one arm still held across his midrift. Lo'am held the pistol straight at his chest.
    "They sent me here to keep my menacing eye on you and i never ever fail."

Through the pain Raziel hadn't even noticed the door move. He did however see Lo'ams eye flick in the direction of the door.

The next instant seemed to last forever. Lo'am started to turn almost faster than Raziel could see. His right arm shot across his body and under his left arm, his head turning to spot whether the target was friendly or hostile.
    Gritting his teeth together with determination Raziel pulled two needle knives from his left gloves. For a microsecond he held them by the last centimetre and picked his target.

Instead of turning towards Argon and stopping he carried on pirouetting and fell heavily to the floor. Argon lunged across the room and landed on the body. He pulled the man up from the floor to attack him, but the body went limp in his arms. Argon turned Lo'am's head to one side as blood welled out of a tiny hole in his temple.
    "Now that was a scary, double hard b****** of a man," Raziel wheezed as he tried to stand.
    "I'm scary," Argon said, turning to face him and grinning.
    "You're not a man," Raziel said.
    "Humph. And what an earth killed him?"
    "One of these," Raziel said. He pulled one of the three inch triangular blades from a compartment on the outside of his glove. He ran his finger down the flat of the blade, feeling the miniscule spikes that were angled towards the rear of the blade.
    "Once it's in it doesn't come out,"
    "Anyway you asked me to bring these?" Argon tossed him a small bag. Inside were his IR-5 repeater pistols and some ammo.
    "That'll do nicely, now whats the plan?" he asked. He was beginning to recover from being winded so badly and hefted one of the pistols and looked down the sight.

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS} {BoA}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 17, 2004 12:22:12 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: This isn't just my character speaking, this is me...  ]

"Plan?" exclaimed Argon, "I thought you had the plan.  I was told to blow up the armory and then meet with you, and I've already done that."

"Crap," said Raz, "this is about as far as my plan went too, the other guys are supposed to take care of the rest of it."

"All right," said Argon, "you go catch up to the others, if they're pinned down, they could use your help.  I'll find a good sniping spot and start reducing what we have to face out of those towers."

"Sounds good," said Raz, slowly picking himself up, "give me some cover while I get over there too."

"No problem," replied Argon, "oh, and by the way, Fish showed up."

Raziel looked at him oddly for a second before realizing what he was talking about.

"Stonefish?" he exclaimed, "He's back?  When did that happen?"

"Beats me," said Argon, taking out his sniper rifle and looking out the window for a suitable site, "I met him on the way here and sent him to join Dai."

"Okay," said Raz, "see you at the debrief."

"Later," replied Argon, as Raz headed downstairs.

Now to find a good sniper spot...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
January 17, 2004 1:46:26 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[OOC: Brace yourselves for some bad speeling, I've got a hangover today]

[OOC: Actually, I think I may still be drunk]

After leaving Argon, Fish quickly considered his options. The main prison building lay ahead, with the designated exit route on the other side. Dai and the others were on that side and heading in, and Kuroishi's cell lay roughly between the two. Three things needed doing, so far as he could tell. The cell block control room needed taking to knock out the local force fields, the main control room needed taking to knock out the other force fields, and someone really ought to go and let Kuroishi out.

A blaster bolt brought Fish out of his brief reverie as it flashed over his shoulder. He dived down behind a bench to get some cover. The fire was coming from one of the guard towers. Stonefish pulled a grenade. 3rd and 10 with 12 seconds left. They need a TD to win. It's got to be the Hail Mary. Blind firing for a moment, Fish pulled the pin. Jumping up from his cover, he backpedalled to get a better view of the target and threw. The frag grenade sailed through the air, rising and falling like ball on the final play of a football game, and popped in through the firing slit if the guard tower. A second later, a sharp report was heard, and a puff of smoke wafted out through the slit. No more blaster bolts.

Taking a run toward the prisoner entrance of the cell block, Stonefish decided to go for the cell, leaving the (probably) more heavily guarded control rooms to the others. Unfortunately, Stonefish did not know what today's encryption routine was, so he had no comms with the others. He was relying on Argon to let Wraith know he was down here.

The cell block door out of the exercise yard lay ahead, closed and locked. A small keypad awaited the right code. Stonefish pulled a glob of what looked like green goo from a belt pouch, gave it a couple of squeezes and slapped it across the keypad. It been to sizzle and pop, the face melting away to reveal the electronics inside. They melted too, and the door popped open to reveal a half-dozen guards with blasters.

Stonefish pulled a pair of pistols and dived into the middle of the group. The guards turned in, pulling a variety of pistols and bladed weapons.

[OOC: I'll finish this in a bit]

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 17, 2004 6:33:09 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
One of the six guards chuckled as they closed in.

"That was stupid," one said from the left.

"Yeah," said one on the right, "We're gonna cut you up!"

Stonefish stood, feet at shoulder width, arms by his sides, guns pointed at the floor. He look straight ahead into the eyes on the guard in front of him and grinned.

A guard came in from behind, swinging a vibroknife, Stonefish ducked left and back, allowing the knife and arm to come over his right shoulder, followed closely by the guard's head. The pistol in Fish's left hand came up and fired a round into his brainpan. The knife clattered to the floor and the guard slumped over Fish's shoulder. Moving sharply to the right, the veteran trooper sent the corpse tumbling into the two guards standing on that side, continuing the motion to swing around and catch a guard moving in behind him with a boot to the chin. Something cracked under the impact and the guard grunted. Stonefish looked up to see the remaining two standing guards training assault rifles on him. One laughed.
Pistols still in hand, Stonefish threw himself bodily back and to the right stretching out as rifle fire whistled and chattered overhead. Two pistols fired six bullets. Two to the chest, one to the head in a textbook triple-tap. Poor suckers didn't even have armour on so they were just starting to grunt in pain as the third bullet blew their skulls apart.
Stonefish picked himself up and turned to see the guard with the broken jaw picking himself up and the other two disentangling themselves from the first corpse. He lifted up his pistols and fired at the two, but one had the foresight to flip up the corpse to use as a shield. The pistols clicked empty, and Stonefish let them drop to the floor, pulling an 8-gauge shotgun from its leg holster.
The grey-haired warrior ran to close the range on the guard with the broken jaw, catching the guard's arm as he brought his rifle to bear, a few rounds were fired off, one getting a little too close, and taking a nick out of Fish's ear. He span the guard around and put his shoulder into the man's solar plexus. Hard. The wind whooshed out of him, and his feet left the ground. Stonefish fired a shell of buckshot in the direction of the other two sending them diving behind the corpse they had just got themselves out from under. They climbed back to their feet just in time for the guard Fish had charged to fly into them and send them falling to the floor in heap.

"I'd like to stay and play some more, but I have to run," said Stonefish, pulling an incendiary grenade from his belt and priming it. As he turned from the scene he threw it over his shoulder into the mass of bodies still trying to climb to their feet.

[OOC: Bwaah! Fiyaaaaah!]

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
January 17, 2004 11:32:04 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  /me sets the arson counter to one.  /OOC]

Daishi located Kuroishi's cell and began to look over the barriers betweent him and Kuroishi.

"No time for subtlety."  Daishi said as he affixed a blasting block to the cell controls.

A bang later and Daishi forced the doors open.

Daishi and Kuroishi looked each other over.

Despite having been created as the same man they had always been awkward when interacting with each other.

"About time.  Where have you been?"  Kuroishi asked as Daishi helped him up.

"Sorry there were a lot of people on my dance card before I could get to you.  Can you run and fight?"  Daishi asked.

"If I have to I can run.  Firing a rifle is no problem."  Kuroishi answered.

Giving Kuroishi a flame carbine Daishi added his fire back to that of Lukas and Mandor.

"Time to make our way back outside gentlemen."  Daishi ordered as he picked up Tyummk.

Kuroishi let out a plume of flame to cover Wraith's retreat.

Blaster bolts saturated where Wraith squad had been.

Daishi rounded a corner and was met face to face with something he did not expect on this mission.

"Ramon Stonefish.  We can talk later but right now we got one hot exit to make."  Daishi said.

"Raziel, Argon.  This is Kuroishi.  We're on our way out.  Meet up at the rendevue coordinates.  Argon accompany Raziel, he most likely does not have a flame carbine to deal with the local plant life."  Kuroishi commandered Daishi's comm.

"We go out the same way we came in.  By now the rest of the regiment will be on alert and activly patroling in force.  Watch yourselfs and hopefully the path we made coming will still be there.  This will be my last order to you, Kuroishi will resume command of his squad."  Daishi commed Raziel and Argon loud enough for the Wraiths in his presance to hear as well.

"Daishi take point.  Lukas you got rear guard.  Let's move before too many party guests show up."  Kuroishi ordered Lukas, Daishi, Mandor, and Stonefish.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
January 17, 2004 7:01:00 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas nodded and followed his orders as he was told.

He pulled out his pistol and aimed carefully and accurately with his line in sight as he fired and hit a soldier in the head.

Lukas stayed in back as he had an ice cold glare in his eyes as his expression was blank.

His fellow Wraith Members continued to move forward as he covered the rear and saw more soldiers pour in through the doorways.

Lukas pulled out a small,metallic ball and threw it towards them.

The metal, tiny sphere hit the ground and rolled towards them as smoke poured out of it and it filled the room quickly.

He knew this would give them time to get away, but he still kept his guard up as he kept firing and heard groans and screams.

But he knew the smoke couldn't stop them from coming through, so he pulled out a concussion grenade and pulled the pin throwing it hard into the on-coming enemy.

By this time, him and his fellow team mates were out the door and an explosion was heard

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
Private First Class
TRP/PFC Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad Member
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 17, 2004 7:03:18 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"Dang," muttered Argon as he packed up his sniper rifle and leapt off the roof, "Wait up Raz!"

He caught up to him quickly enough, sprinting most of the way to where Raz stood.

"Nice idea with the flame carbines," said Raz, "they made you a bit obvious in the entrance, but it was definitely a bit spread out in the obvious fashion."

"Yup," said Argon, "Daishi's a bit different in the tactical sense than Kuroishi, Kuroishi still prefers the FA way of doing things."

"Nice," said Raz, "where's the exit point?"

"Over there," said Argon, pointing to the other side of the compound, "we're not coming back through the tunnels, they'll probably figure on that."

"Great," muttered Raz, "as far away from us as possible.  Figures."

"Ah well," said Argon, taking out his flame carbine and grinning widely, "makes more fun for me."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 18, 2004 6:13:35 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Argon Viper and Mandor took point with flame carbines clearing the way as the squad advanced across the compound toward their exit point. Raz, Daishi, Lukas took the flanks, leaving Stonefish to cover the rear. As they left the prison building, Fish took a handful of black disc-shaped objects and scattered them on the ground by the door, then drew a pair of machine pistols.

Daishi lobbed his remaining smoke grenades out into the compound to provide some cover as they crossed the open expanse to the small shed which held their exit route.

As they neared the halfway point, Viper noticed movement along the permieter wall, motioning to Raz and Daishi, he said, "Brace yourselves, it's about to get interesting," and primed his repeating blaster.

The middle of the compound now, and the smoke was starting to get a little thin. Stonefish saw the first signs of movement by the prison entrance.

Come on, he thought, a few more ought to do it.

As more guards started flowing out of the door, blaster fire began from the walls. The Wraiths returned fire as best they could, but from their elevated, covered positions, the prison guards had all the advantages.

Around a dozen guards had come out of the main entrance now, and more were behind them. Just as they began to open fire, Stonefish touched a control at his wrist and the entrance way disappeared behind a ball of smoke and flame as the remote charges left behind went up.

[OOC: Tag! You're it!]

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited January 18, 2004 6:17:44 AM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 19, 2004 10:46:58 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
((Out of Character: If anything is wrong with this part, please tell me so I can make changes.))

Lukas and the Wraith members did the best they could to see through the smoke and flames since the charages went off.

He still covered the flank position just incase anyone came down the corridor behind them near the prison entrance.

All of a sudden, more guards came around the flank corner were Lukas was covering and opened up on them with a shower of lasers from his blaster.

Raziel and Daishi also opened up on the guards as well.

The Wraiths were somewhat surrounded on either side of the corridors, Lukas got up and ran gracefully towards the guards firing as he went hitting a couple of them between the eyes.

He noticed that Raziel and Daishi were covering him as he went and also looked back to see if the pointment were ok.

In the corridor Lukas scanned to see if there was anything he could get behind and noticed a table. Lukas jumped behind the table and tipped it over, pushing it over towards Raziel and Daishi.

He gave Daishi and Raziel a thumbs up, poking his head over and firing as more guards came around the corner.

Lukas got up once again and volleyed the table with one swift jump, he ran down the corridor and peaked his head around it slowly.

There was a doorway were the guards seemed to flood from and that was were the weakspot was, he thought.

So Lukas tooked out two grenades and tied them together with some bondage tape so they would stay together, he then pulled the pin.

After he did this he launched it down the corridor and heard the guards voices in panic and a large explosion errupted.

Lukas waited a few moments and looked around the corner seeing the whole corridor caved in a mass of rubble and metal.

He ran back down to Raziel and Daishi and told him what they had done, hoping he had bought them a lot of time.

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
Private First Class
Wraith Squad Member
[This message has been edited by Lukas_Yuy (edited January 19, 2004 10:48:35 AM)]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 19, 2004 10:51:20 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[OOC: My post took us outside into the yard, so you either need to adjust a bit, or take us back inside]

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 19, 2004 11:58:41 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Timbique Edition Zues problem solving method time.  /OOC]

Daishi flicked the selector switch to single fire mode and tossed it to Kuroishi.

Kuroishi responded by tossing the flame carbine to Daishi.

"Alright time to affect our exit."  Kuroishi said as he began sytematicly eliminating guards with his legendary aim.

Daishi grabed a grapple rod in his left hand and readied the flame carbine in his right hand.  With the elimination of a couple of guards along the wall Daishi had the small opening he needed.

Daishi shot the grapple rod over the wall and was rewarded with a contact on the other side.  Hooking the grapple rod to his waist he started the motor to climbing and blasted flame at approaching guards.

Blaster fire pelted Daishi as he ascended but it made little impact.

Drawing his vibro-katana Daishi began to march forward and force the troops along the wall back.

"We've got our opneing to make a break for the exit point, let's move."  Kuroishi said as he fired several shots in quick succession.

Wraith moved seemlessly.  The guards not pinned down by Daishi tried to stop Wraith but it was no good.  With the destruction of the armory there just were not enough weapons to go around to all the guards and soldiers.

Daishi watching Wraith make thier exit sheathed the vibro-katana and gave the troops a rude gesture as he jumped over the exterior wall.

So far everything had gone as planned and now Wraith just had to make it's escape.  By now the various elements of the regiment posted as extra security would be on alert and quite possible sending out additional patrols.

Daishi descended the wall and let hiself loose.  It only took a couple of minutes for him to rejoin Wraith.

"At this point I'm going to assume that the enemy has figured out that the Fallen Angels were not involved, or at least have figured out that none of the secondary targets are in any further danger.  That means they will have a lot more patrols spreadibng out to find us.  They will most likely concentrate on the burned out areas that we came in from.  Keep those flame carbines at the ready and we'll take our alternate route back and hopefully ride off into the sunset."  Kuroishi barked out as Wraith marched.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 19, 2004 12:46:44 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: I've got sort of a plan here, let me know if it'll work...]

"Wait a second," said Argon, "If they're convinced now that they're not facing the Fallen Angels anymore, then this would be the perfect time to start using old FA tactics on them."

"That's no good," said Daishi, "the second we start using FA tactics on them, they'll switch back to something to counter-act them and then we're worse off than we are now."

"I'm not saying we go in and blow everything up like we used to," said Argon, "but if Stonefish and I target, say, a nearby sensor station, stage an FA attack on it, then their thinking should shift back to anti-FA thinking, and that will give us some time to use Wraith tactics to escape."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 19, 2004 4:04:14 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "I'm not sure just how quickly they'll be responding to changes in tactics right now. The main command consoles are screwed and the overall commander is dead. The secondary command centre to fall back to the one above Kuroishi's prison and as far as we know that's still unreachable after i put up the containment fields.
    "However i believe the plan might work, after all the fact that we come back at them will confuse them enough." Raziel finished with his input and then looked to Kuroishi. Then he appeared to go vacant. He tilted his head to one side.

"Oh dear," he murmured.
    "What?"
    "I'd heard they were bringing in a shipment of two vehicles but they didnt tell us what."
    "What are you talking about?"
    "I can hear hover craft engines powering up. Whatever you're doing i'd do it quick. I'm guessing a couple of armoured hovercraft are going to come after us in a few minutes and we'll be easy targets down here," Raziel looked down at his repeater pistols. They wouldnt even penetrate a heavily armoured trooper.

(OOC: i'm kind of thinking of small version of the jabba's sail barges floating over the top of the local plant life.)

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS} {BoA}
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 20, 2004 8:54:24 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Let's rock.  I'll work on this more later.  /OOC]

Daishi handed Kuroishi the last drum clip for the Timbique Edition Zues.  This drum clip was filled with AP rounds.

"I knew the exit would have a catch.  Myself and Daishi shall see if we can't slow then down.  Argon, Stonefish you are go for your idea, besides we need to poke out an eye or two so we can get away.  The rest of you keep the plants at bay with the flame carbines and keep yourselves under cover as best you can.  If none of us are back in an hour then get back to the Royal Barkalounger."  Kuroishi said as Daishi handed the remote to Raziel.

With that Daishi and Kuroishi moved away to intercept the hover vehicales.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 20, 2004 10:19:05 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor stood and watched as his squad ran to compleat their objectives. He stood looking at the giant, maneating plants. He took his flame carbine with a giant grin on his face and started on a nice stroll through the mess of plants. He went flaming anything that moved, and a couple of times he burnt a couple of rabbit like animals. He just laughed all the more and broke their necks with his boot. He kept goin through the forest making his way back to their transport. He got to the ship about 5 minutes later and took position on the port side of it laying in the tall plants with his whisper slug thrower sniper rifle. If anyone even though about coming near the ship they would get a nasty dose of death to the brain bucket, and not even hear it coming.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 20, 2004 2:14:34 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish looked at Argon.

"Now, you remember what you were saying about me being more crazy than you remember?" he said.

"Yeah, what of it?" asked Argon, with a slight sinking feeling.

"Grab this," replied Stonefish with a grin, as he passed Argon a slim metal tube with a switch on the side, "and follow me."

Stonefish lead the way along the edge of the vegetation, ducking and weaving to avoid the prehensile fronds of a few more aggresive local plants. The trees had a larger canopy here and overhung the slash and burn before the prison compound.

"I think this is it," said Fish.

"Yeah," replied Argon, "those hovercraft are heading right at us now....aaah I get ya."

Argon primed up his grapple launcher, and Stonefish did the same.

"You got the better ears, Mr Whipid Hunter. Call it."

"3....2.....1....Now!" said Argon firing his grapple up through the canopy.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 21, 2004 6:38:54 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: Oooh, nice tactic, I approve    BTW, if you had something else in mind, tell me, I'm just taking this and running with it  ]

The grapple snapped easily through the foliage, arcing over the lead hovercraft and flying over the other side, trailing rope after it.

It retracted swiftly, hooking itself over the other side and dragging two beings up the side of the vessel.

As soon as they were up to the level of the bottom of the hovercraft, both of them slammed their feet into it, rocketing them backwards to fly up and over the railing as the line continued to retract.

Argon carrying a heavy sniper rifle and Stonefish with his usual assortment of weapons began laying down fire among the unfortunate occupants of the upper deck of the hovercraft...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 22, 2004 9:09:25 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I thought I was supposed to slow down the hover vehicles while you two blew the sensor relay.  I guess so we can avoid the plot continuity fairy we can switch.  /OOC]

Daishi and Kuroishi watched Argon and Stonefish launch thier ambush on the approaching hover vehicles.

"We don't have time to stop and help them if we don't want the entire regiment coming down on us before we can move."  Kuroishi whispered.

"Right."  Daishi replied.

To avoid the local plant life the majority of the regiment sent to this world was vehicle bound rather then foot sloggers.  To keep them spread out and guessing where Wraith was, a sensor relay would need to be demolished.

Daishi and Kuroishi checked the latest position reports of enemy troops reported by GUESSWORK.  Constant realtime updates were not possible as the enemy began jamming communication frequencies.  Since then it had become a cat an mouse game as GUESSWORK and Wraith began hopping frequencies.

Kuroishi and Daishi moved carefully toward the sensor relay in thier area.  It was a small bunker begining to be covered by the local plant life.

"It may only be a relay but if we can knock it out the sensors in this area will be down long enough to allow us to move with only having to worry about the roving patrols.  I have a few party favors saved for our trip back I can use on this outpost."  Daishi whispered as he observed the building.

Daishi moved with all the speed of a human born and raised on a world with roughly two and a half times normal gravity.

The soldiers were caught entirely off guard by the swift and direct approach of Daishi.

Before the turrets protecting the sensor relay even began to track Daishi they were impacted by fifty caliber armor piercing rounds.

Approaching the door Daishi grabbed five kg's of blasting blocks and set them for command detonation.  As the door began to seal it's blast cover Daishi hucked one block on the roof and quickly placed another on the door.  The other three he placed on each side of the bunker.

Daishi withdrew to minimum safe distance and pressed the trigger down.  In a flash the relay station was no longer operational.

"We be done here, let's get back with the rest of the squad and hope Argon and Fish are there waiting for us."  Daishi said as he approached Kuroishi.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 22, 2004 10:12:02 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[OOC: I was going to use the hovers to get to the sensor relay, but never mind.]

Between them, Argon and Stonefish quickly cleared the deck of the first transport, pausing to catch their breath for a moment and decide what to do next. Before they could formulate a plan, a dozen more men piled up from belowdecks and launched a furious assault on the pair, while others from the second barge noticed what was occurring and began taking pot shots when an opening presented itself.

Argon waded into the fray, swinging left and right with a ferocity only a Whipid could muster, while Stonefish ducked back, and threw a small stun grenade at the fight.

"Argon!" he yelled, "Scream now!"

Argon gave the best primal roar he could manage at the same time the concussion blast hit the troops. Screaming as he was, Argon was completely unaffected by the grenade, while the human troops were stunned and began staggering somewhat. Easy pickings for Argon's heavy punches.

When they were all down, the pair headed below to get out of the enemy fire.

"What's the plan?" asked Argon.

"Take this one, ram the other one, and see if we can cause some secondary damage into the bargain. What else would it be?"

"Right. Of course. Control room should be foward of here."

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 25, 2004 7:26:25 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
The lower deck of the hover-transport was cramped, and close. The thrumming of the engines reverberated through the metal walls and floor, and shook the lights, causing the them to flicker.

Argon and Stonefish made their way along the corridor forward from the upper deck access, toward the control room. They had met little resistance so far, though Stonefish had a feeling that would not last long.

A blaster bolt flew over Argon's shoulder causing him to turn around.

"Three on our six, Fish," he said, opening fire with his rifle.

"There's a corner ahead we can use for cover."

The pair dived forward and rolled around the corner to get clear of the withering hail of bolts coming from behind them. Argon put his rifle around the corner and fired blindly down at them. The firing stopped.

Argon risked a peek out to see what had happened, and saw ten troopers walking slowly up the corridor towards them.

"Ten," he whispered to Fish.

"My turn," said Fish pulling out an assault rifle.

Stonefish thumbed the selector to full-auto and stepped out. A hail of bullets punched into the closely packed troopers walking down the corridor, and they disappeared into a red mist. The rifle clicked empty, and Fish popped the clip out, quickly switching it for a fresh one and slamming it back home.

"Let's check," he said to Argon.

The pair walked warily back down to the bodies, and checked them. Any that were still moving got a bullet in the head for their trouble.

After finishing them off, the pair continued forward, more quickly this time. Argon and Fish moved at a run, not waiting to see how many more troops this barge held.

The control room door stood closed at the end of the corridor, a metal affair with the words 'Control Room' stenciled in 2-inch red letters at eye level. Stonefish tried the handle.

"Locked, of course," he grumbled.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 25, 2004 9:33:01 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Argon Viper squeezed past Stonefish in the narrow corridor, and slapped a grey block on the door next to the handle.

"Cover your ears," he said to Stonefish.

Viper fired to shaped breaching charge and dived into the control room. Four troopers stood to either side of the door in various states of dazedness. They had no time to react to a crazed Whipid with a rifle, and were dead before they blinked the dust out of their eyes.

Branches rattled against the windscreen as the hovercraft began to fall without anyone at the controls. Stonefish dived in and grabbed the stick, levelling out the descent.

"I've had enough of falling for one day," he said with a wry grin.

"Well, would you look at that," said Argon, "Looks like they've turned out the whole prison to welcome in these transports. Probably right before they all come running for us!"

"Guess what I'm gonna do now," said Fish, typing furiously into the control panel.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 27, 2004 6:15:44 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
[OOC] seeing how the story has come to a grinding crawl, and i dont have any objectives, and we should already be leaveing, Rema Rizzit and TK-112 will be picking me up and i will be going to Kashyyyk for my little wookiee hunt.[/OOC]

Mandor was by the ship with his sniper watching for patrols, when he heard a voice over his Comlink. It was Rema.

"Lance Corpral Mandor come in"

"Yes this Mandor uhh whats up?"Mandor replied

"Well me and Rizz are comin down ta get ya"

"Well uhh ok, i think if you use the ships thermal scanners you should see me ill put down a thermal gernade"

"Roger that Mandor well be down in 5"

Mandor got up from his sniping post and threw a thermal gernade and got down.

The massive explosion gave a large heat wave.
Soon after Mandor saw Rizzits ship coming down for a soft landing.

Mandor ran over got in and they took off.

-----------------------
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 27, 2004 6:54:07 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas did as he was told and began to lay down fire on the plants that were attacking them.

The plants just seemed to keep coming more and more no matter how much they kept killing.

Lukas crawled over to were Raziel was and said to him, "Is there any mother plant were these things keep coming from.."

Raziel looked at him and said, "Yeah, the main one is near the back and is green looking"

Lukas nodded and looked through a pair of binoculars and saw it, he took his sniper rifle off his back and took careful and steady aim.

Lukas loaded his sniper rifle with a gauss tipped fire bullet and looked in the scope and fired the single shot.

It seemed like the bullet didn't do much effect but the mother then burst into flame, making a high pitched screeching noise.

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
Private First Class
Wraith Squad Member
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 27, 2004 11:21:28 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[OOC: Gonna finish this now]

"I dread to think, Fish," said Argon.

"This beauty is armed," said Fish with a grin, "I'm gonna blow out the repulsorlift generators on the other barge."

Stonefish stabbed the 'Execute' key on the control panel, and twin lines of bright yellow shot out from under the front of the craft, and lanced into the lower hull of the other barge, hovering precariously over the prison compound.

Lo'am crawled out from the remains of the prison building, out into the compound. His failing eyes took in the devastation of the scene, and his struggling heart fluttered. He had survived the strike from the needle knives, but only just. If he didn't get medical attention soon, he would bleed to death. Only his enhanced physiology keep all the blood from running from his body now.

In despair, he looked to the sky and saw the hover-barge overhead, a gaping hole in it's hull. Then he saw it begin to get larger, falling into the compound, and on to the remaining troopers. Secondary explosions tore further holes in the barge's sides, and shrapnel flew everywhere. The barge plummeted down on to the scattering formation.

Lo'am looked on as his remaining troops, his loyal guardsmen died under the flaming mass of debris, and swore.

"Curse you, Jarrick, you will pay for this."

[OOC: Never kill off a good Nemesis ]

Back on the first barge, Stonefish laid in a course for the rendez-vous with the Royal Barkalounger, while Argon kept watch in case there were further troops on board.

The barge whipped over the treetops, their green fronds flailing for a grip on the slick metal hull, trying to drag it down into the forest, but failing on the hard metal surface.

Argon noticed the blips on the radar first, and swore.

"Incoming," he said to Fish, "Looks like more hostiles."

"Daishi, this is Stonefish," said Fish using the barge's comm, "We got more incoming, get ready to leave. We'll be there in 60 seconds."

"We spotted them, Fish," replied Daishi, "The repulsors are already hot."

The barge landed heavily amidst the vegetation, and the two Wraiths piled out of the door, fighting off vines as they sprinted toward the Royal Barkalounger, seeing Raziel waving at them frantically.

"Move, Viper!" yelled Fish, "I set the reactor to go nova in 2 minutes!"

A sprinting Whipid is a terrifying sight. Several hundred pounds of fur and muscle barreling forwards in excess of seventy miles per hour. Stonefish was left for dust.

Argon easily made it to the ramp, jumping on as the Barkalounger began to leave the ground. Stonefish was lagging a little.

Taking a deep breath, Stonefish pounded across the distance and leaped at the departing boarding ramp, latching on to the edge. Raziel and Argon heaved him inside, and as Raziel hit the ramp seal, Argon yelled into the comm.

"Punch it!"

The Barkalounger began gaining altitude, and it's afterburners left a trail of plasma across the lightening sky. Below, the barge's micro-fission reactor approached critical, and alarms sounded across the small transport. No one ran. There was no one left to run. In the cockpit, a timer slowly ticked off the numbers, counting down toward zero. The last second could have lasted a lifetime, then a brief silence as the reactor drew breath and blasted plasma and dust high into the atmosphere.

On board the Barkalounger, anyone not strapped in was thrown to the deck in the turbulence.

"All right," said Daishi over the ship's comm, "We're clear, we're okay."

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 27, 2004 12:14:25 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
"We've got incoming fighters," said Raz, looking at the sensors, "I'd guess at least two squadrons."

"We'll need to hold them until we can make hyperspace," said Daishi, "that'll be at least three minutes."

"They'll be on us in one," said Raz.

"Argon, Fish," said Daishi, "take the turrets."

The two rushed to the turret stations and warmed up their weapons.

"Turret one ready," said Fish.

"Turret two ready," said Viper.

"20 seconds to firing range," said Raz "... 10 seconds."

Argon opened fire at that point.

He knew he couldn't hit the fighters significantly at this range, but he had been a pilot once and he knew how they would react.

As he expected, half the pilots began to dip and dodge in evasive maneuvers, trying to avoid firepower that couldn't hit them anyways.

This meant that only half of the wing got off an accurate first shot before Fish's firepower joined Argons and scattered them completely.

"How are the shields?" asked Argon has he tracked his fire through a particularly thick pack.

"70%, it's a good thing you scattered that first wave," said Daishi, "just hold them off for another minute and we'll be out of here."

"Um, Argon?" said Fish, "what does that looked like to you?"

Fish was firing at a fighter that was simply flying at the Barkalounger without firing, not maneuvering or anything.

"Torpedo," breathed Argon, "take it down, take any one of them doing that down."

Fire lanced out from his turret, striking the incoming fighter across the nose just as the torpedo launched, detonating it right next to the fighter.

The ensuing explosion vaporized the fighter and scattered all the others in the area.

On the other side of the ship, Fish was doing the same thing, hitting fighters before they could launch deadly projectiles.

"And...  we're there!" said Daishi, slamming the hyperspace lever.

Argon fell back into his seat as the swirling blues of hyperspace washed over the viewport.

He sat there for a few moments before heading back to the bridge where the rest of the Wraiths and Daishi were waiting.

"Mission accomplished," said Raz with a grin, "we got him back."

[OOC: Sorry I haven't been posting, two midterms will do that to a person...  Anyways, I wasn't quite ready to end this without a post from me, but we can end it now if you like, or we can post about the aftermath  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 27, 2004 1:42:08 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: I guess I'll finish this then.  /OOC]

Kuroishi sat in the command chair as the Royal Barkalounger dropped out of hyperspace to meet up with the Sweetums.

Daishi had the VEN to get back to and Kuroishi had a squad that had made him proud.

A quick transfer allowed Daishi to leave.  Everyone was now where they needed to be.

"Wraith you've done what you were trained to do in a spectacular fasion.  It is unfortunate Tyummk was severly wounded but we came out of this in rather good condition considering everything.  As soon as I've healed up properly I know who we're going to hit next.  Until then we've got some free time, a full tank of fuel, and a ship designed for infiltration at our disposal."  Kuroishi said checking his exausted squad over.

Kuroishi had been a Fallen Angel and now he was leading another group of exceptional men, most of whom were half his age.

Things were indeed coming together.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 27, 2004 4:31:42 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
  "I was wandering," started Raziel.
  "Yes?" Kuroishi asked. The rest of the squad turned towards him.
  "If you mind being even more ugly now i've sorted your nose out?" Kuroishi stared hard at Raziel.
  "No seriously. I've purchased a CRF-156T Raven fast courier. It's got some serious engine power on it." Raziel smiled. "The problem is i've really never learned to fly very well and i'm afraid i might need to soon. Anyone interested in teaching me some basic dogfighting? Don't worry i mostly need to learn how to dodge and run away."
  "Well i'll help for a start..." fish put in.

(ooc: just starting up another small story for another topic. If anyone else wants to join in with teaching Raz some flying skills just say)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited January 27, 2004 4:32:05 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 28, 2004 10:15:58 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: I'll go for it.  I've been in the fighter corps of the HOS:SO (made the elite squadron there), the DLSF, and the IW with this character, and I'm still in the EH and RS  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > F'Tral, rescueing the black death  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:47:06 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 160  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >