Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > F'Tral, rescueing the black death

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  F'Tral, rescueing the black death
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
  RE: F'Tral, rescueing the black death
December 14, 2003 4:42:43 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: Probably past time I put this story on it's own thread.  I'll get this story going full throtle after Christmas.  /OOC]

Daishi sat in the machine shop aboard the Sweetums.  Making new ammunition for his Timbique Edition Zues was a time consuming job.

"I almost didn't notice you come in."  Daishi said as he turned to face his guest.

"I'm concerned Wraith isn't ready for this kind of mission.  Tyummk is a raw recruit and Lukas doesn't seem to be onboard.  How are we going to pull this off?"  Argon Viper asked.

"The rebels are expecting the Fallen Angels.  Wraith has it's own style and strengths.  This is the kind of mission spec ops is for.  Tyummk will either respond to the pressure or he'll crumble.  Lukas may seem disconected but I believe he will come around.  After being shot down recently and rescued by two men who had nothing more then orders to save me rose to that challenge and earned my respect.  If the VEN was that willing to make sure I wasn't captured, I have no choice but to take my otherself's squad of troopers and rescue him.  At least I did submit the proper paper work to see about borrowing Wraith squad for a special VEN operation."  Daishi replied as he inspected an AP round he'd just finished.

"You know I'm with you all the way.  It just seems we're going into impossible situation after impossible situation with no hope of success.  The squad seems to have no cohesion.  Morale seems low."  Argon said as he turned to leave.

"If you can blow that armory without raising an alarm until it is too late everything will be fine.  If Raziel's cover holds we can even get through this without a single casualty.  Despite the rebel's numerical superiority we should have this one in the bag.  Perhaps we should arrange a little something in the interum to raise squad morale though."  Daishi said as he put away his tools and ammo.

Daishi even knew the perfect spot.  The water was warm, the beaches perfect, no tourist crowds, and best of all it would cost nothing more then the fuel and food to go there.  There was even a reasonable number of available attractive local women.  A nice little place to go on leave for a bit and relax before a mission.

"Communications is to inform the task force that the Sweetums is departing for Galinth.  Navigation set your corse for Galinth Prime."  Daishi said into a comm panle.

Daishi having grown up on a cold snow and tundra covered world was more at home in a cold environment but after what Wraith had been through and where they were to go, this would be a far better recreation spot.

Time for a little relaxation.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

December 20, 2003 10:08:59 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Daishi had seen Galinth Prime many times during his life but had only actually set foot on planet twice before.

Galinth Prime used to be a pirate base before an imperial faction came in and chased the pirates out at gun point.  Now it was becoming a bit of a recreational getaway.  Captain Reginold Greyscuttle would miss seeing his home but he was ensuring Raziel got to where he needed to be.

Daishi knew where he was going to spend the next week, the rest of Wraith were given a week to do as they please as long as they showed back up at the Sweetums.

The Sweetums touched down at the main spaceport and Daishi made a straight line to the planetary transit system with the clothes on his back and a packed backpack.

Daishi waved to the rest of Wraith as they darted off to where ever they fancied.

The Junal Hotsprings were high up in the polar caps but the healing properties they had could not be denied.  Stiff, aching, and hurting joints wouldn't be so after a long soak in the hotsprings.

Then there was who he was going to meet there.

Daishi arrived at the hotel.  Checking himself in under a false name he immediately got changed to make his first visit to the hotspirngs in a long time.

There in the hotspring was what Daishi had hoped for.

"Tina darling, I knew you wouldn't let this chance for us to be toghter slip by."  Daishi spoke softly into the ear of his wife as he snuggled up next to her.

This was going to be a good week long leave.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 5, 2004 4:34:22 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OCC:  Fun and games time.  I'll go ahead do a bit of a rebriefing so we're all up to date.  /OOC]

Daishi would have stayed longer but time was of the essence now.

The trial was only three weeks off for his otherself and Wraith needed to get going if they were going to stand a chance of rescuing him.

Already the better part of a regiment of troops had been deployed to secure the prison.

Daishi kissed his wife as he returned to the Sweetums.

"Now don't come after us this is going to be more dangerous the more people we have go in on this."  Daishi said as he boarded the Sweetums.

Even to Argon this side of Daishi was a bit unussual.  Caring, romantic, and affectionate.

The rest of Wraith was there waiting for him.

"Briefing center ASAP."  Daishi said sharply.

The squad fell in to the lounge and sat alert for his orders.

"As you all remember my otherself has been captured.  We've learned that he is being held on F'Tral.  Raziel has gone ahead and should have by now established himself as a trustworthy guard.  Between Argon and the Deathwookie's cooking show we've learned that there is a regiment of troops guarding the various prison facilities.  This is both good and bad news.  It is good news because they have deployed themselves in a manner to be able to respond to standard Fallen Angels tactics.  As you can see on this map the troops have clustered themselves around various subsidiary targets and thus have left our planned approach path open.  The bad news is that there are a lot of them and only five of us.  There is an entire infantry company dedicated to guarding my otherself.  They'll be working in four shifts.  So if Argon can destroy the armory here we'll have cut that down to a managable number.  If Raziel is successfull in gaining control of the prison shield control center we should have a fairly easy time of this.  The hardest parts will be insertion and extraction.  Insertion will be easy with the aide of a night landing and the Royal Barkalounger's stealth systems.  Marching to the facility will be hazardous.  Extraction will be more difficult as the enemy will be coming after us on speeders or in IFV's, tanks, or anything else they can fight from without exposing themselves to the local and rather dangerous flora.  As such I recomend keeping an incindiary weapon of somesort with you throughout this mission.  Everything else you carry is up to you but I'd recommend weapons with high accuracy and rate of fire.  The wide open court yard area is going to provide for a lot of interesting firefights if we don't pull this off.  Any questions?"  Daishi briefed.

Seeing comprehension in Wraith squad, Daishi simply nodded.

"Bridge, take us into orbit and set course for F'Tral."  Daishi said into a comm panel.

[OOC:  I'd actually kind of like to keep this down to at most a month long story.  Other then that feel free to mess up our plan.  I'll give Raziel until wensday to post about his part of the operation.  If I remember I'll go ahead and get the story moving regardless Thursday or Friday.  /OCC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
January 8, 2004 4:23:26 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: give me till tonight please and i'll have it finished )

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 8, 2004 4:37:28 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: Fair enough considering my own difficulties accessing the comnet.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
January 8, 2004 6:17:25 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: Woohoo!  I can access the comnet again!  Anyways, count me in for this story, sounds pretty cool    BTW, if I ever drop off the comnet again, get in touch via e-mail, that's my primary thing...]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 8, 2004 6:22:20 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "On the floor! Now!!" Screamed Private Jarrick as he rushed towards Kuroishi. The prisoner was stunned by the pain, but tried to get to the floor. He was too late, as the guard hit him hard in the middle of his back with the palm of his hand. The prisoners face was smashed to the floor and blood sprayed everywhere as his nose crumpled. Jarrick pushed a pistol hard into the back of Kuroishi's neck.
    "Hands behind your head," the prisoner did not comply. Jarrick leaned forward fired.

Ten days earlier

"Faalll In!!" The electronically amplified voice boomed across the courtyard. The cold moist air rushed across private Jarrick's face as he clicked his heels together and shouldered his rifle. There were no ranks in his company, there was only the sergeant.
    The compound around the prisoner was completely walled off from the surrounding hazardous environment and this courtyard was the only open space on the island. Even the small docking bay was built into a fortified cave on one sear facing wall.
It had been a long time since he had infiltrated somewhere quite as deeply as he had to do now, he was mentally preparing himself to note down every little detail around him. Only then could he build up a big enough map in his mind that would let him truly assess the base.

"You will form into groups of ten men and each of you will follow one of my officers. It is important that you know the defences inside and out regardless of what you will be doing over the next month. We will spend as long as it takes until we are satisfied. " Private Jarrick almost breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully he could feign ignorance and get to spend as much time as he liked looking around. That was always preferable to sneaking around.

Sergeant Lo'am moved through his men and split them into groups, his cold metallic eye scanning every man up and down before pushing them in one of four directions. He nodded to the officer in charge with the microphone who signalled his four officers to move forward and start the tours.

Raziel had learned a great deal before he had even landed at F'Tral. A quick call to his partner's private security agency bought him a reference for anyone who might ask and some minor surgery altered his appearance enough so that his face wouldn't be appearing on any bounty hunters lists under yet another name.
    Firstly he had gathered that the agency that had been forced to take him one would be placing him with a group of forty men assigned to the protection of Kuroishi himself. It would be there job to feed him and see that he stayed put. This was the first setback as his movement would be limited.
    The other thirty nine men who would be going were a close nit team of well trained men. Raziel would have a hard time fitting in, even though they knew when "not to ask" There were two ranks, sergeant and private. The men were a collective of talented individuals who worked well together, there was no need for rank. There was of course one leader.
    Lo'am was said to be a veteran of many wars and Raziel instantly knew this to be true. One glance told Raziel that to this man fighting was an everyday activity. If that didn't credit his past then the numerous burns and scars did. At some point his right eye had been put out, to be replaced with a dark red mechanical sensor. The flat optical surface would twitch this way and that in the most disturbing manner. Not a lot would get past this man.
    Raziel had already learned that this man was intelligent, quick, experienced and possibly not made of the normal "mushy" stuff associated with people. Possible he was more iron than water. In his mind Raz also knew that he would have to kill or disable this man before Kuroishi would leave alive and that scared him like almost nothing had before.

"And here is the man himself. He is extremely dangerous and not to be underestimated," The officer pointed through two plasti-glass doors towards a shadow slumped in one corner of the dark cell.
    "As you can see the only entrance is through this pair of safety doors, only one can be open at any time and enhanced sensors mean that protective fields will cover both if there is any threat. Don't be surprised if one of them activates according to the way the prisoner moves." The shadow slowly pulled itself away from the wall. At the same time Private Jarrick pulled back into the shadows behind him.
    "The cell is protected on all sides by magnetic shielding and an extremely thick layer of metal-alloy and ceramic layers." The force field on the inner door snapped into being on the inner door making two of the guards jump. Kuroishi's face melted into view. He turned to regard each of them and the slumped back down to the floor. The officer gritted his teeth.
    "This here is the light switch. As we have ample sensors pointing at our guest we feel that we can leave him in whatever light he chooses, however should he misbehave&" The officer pulled the lever fully down and the room suddenly turned to a bright white. Kuroishi moaned and covered his eyes, trying to shield them from the intense blaze when a moment earlier he had been in darkness. Showing this kind of hatred towards a prisoner was unusually in a republic prison, Raziel didn't really know the extent of what Kuroishi had done, he had never asked.

"The small protrusion coming from the back of his neck is a very useful tool. It analyses his emotions and can give warnings if the prisoner feels certain things. For example if he starts to feel an unusual amount of elation or hope the warning will be displayed on these screens and sector A force fields will be activated. We will continue your briefing from the inner control room"
    Private Jarrick took a second look back at the prisoner before following the group.

After a week of being shadowed by the guards who had been looking after Kuroishi since he arrived control of the prisoner was handed over to the agency Raziel had come with under the name of Jarrick.
    At least two screen watchers and communications officers would reside in the prisoners control room at all times, normally accompanied by Lo'am or another of the private security guys who would manage everyone's whereabouts. The other thirty nine men would take it in shifts, with at least fifteen men in the immediate area around Kuroishi at all times. There job was simply to stay alert, deal with the prisoners day-to-day activities and terminate him should things fall out of hand.
    Unfortunately this was not ideal. The control centre only affected section A, the area immediately around the prisoner. The other shields were managed from an overall control room a few floors above. Fortunately Raziel now had an extensive knowledge of the workings of the entire base and he hoped regardless how well his attempt to get at the shields or deal with Lo'am went it would be of use to Daishi. Soon he would have to practise his slicing skills.
    "Jarrick, take the food through to the prisoner." Lo'am's voice sounded over the tanoi system. Jarrick turned and nodded to the two other men beside him. They were currently just waiting in the room next door to the cell. Possibly the most boring duty other than actually watching the prisoner.

Suddenly a thought hit him. His alteration probably wouldn't fool Kuroishi up close and there was that damned thing in his neck! His mind raced as he picked up the tray of food and water and walked out of the room and to the cell doors. As per orders one of the three would wait outside the "air-lock" whilst one fully armed man accompanied whoever carried the food.
    Jarrick looked to the man behind him and motioned towards him with the tray.
"Want to see him up close?" he asked
"No thanks," he replied, taking a step back and waving his hand.
    Jarrick and the other guard stepped forwards into the doors, the first set closing behind them. The guard beside him held up his rifle and trained it on Kuroishi as the lights slowly turned up. There was a beep and then the inner door slid open, they both stepped inside.

Raziel felt a sunken feeling inside himself as he saw Kuroishi huddled on the floor, looking down. Then Raziel realised that he might just pull this off if Kuroishi didn't look up.
    But as Jarrick took one step forwards Kuroishi stood proudly to his feet.
    "Easy!" said the other guard, looking down the sights of his rifle.
Then Kuroishi looked them both in the face and his eyes widened. His mind was as quick as ever and he reached behind his neck and with a yell pulled the emotional sensor from his neck. Raziel leapt forwards towards him.
    "On the floor! Now!!"

Lo'am's artificial eye flitted up and down, regarding Raziel. He was stood before the sergeant now, hands behind his back.
    "Taking that defender 12 stun gun in with you was a smart move. I believe the prisoner believed you were unarmed and was going to disable you. Well done. Other than having to watch some medics repair the prisoner's nose and re-attach the emotional sensor this has been no set back."
    Raziel breathed a sigh of relief. He had earned some respect and now Kuroishi wouldn't be surprised to see him and would be able to restrain any emotional response. He wandered what the repercussions of smashing his squad leaders nose would be. He still remembered whispering "Freedom soon. Daishi sends his regards before stunning him.

-----------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 8, 2004 6:57:47 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon paced the bridge of the Sweetums, there were still several hours left to go before the mission would start.

He wondered what would happen if the mission went awry, what would happen if Kuroishi was killed.

Naturally, his otherself was the same up until the point in their lives when they had been cloned, but a lot had happened since then.

It was strange, talking to Daishi again, it was like talking to an intimate friend with amnesia.

He had done so much with Kuroishi, serving in the Fallen Angels, founding the Dread Knights as a parallel group, serving in the VEEC, and then returning to Wraith together.

Daishi knew the campaigns of the POD, he had lived through them, and when they spoke of the past, it was almost as if it was the same person, but the subtle differences showed through when they talked about more recent events.

Daishi had changed as a result of married life, he was definitely different now, seemingly more reluctant to preform the vicious and ridiculous tasks the Fallen Angels were legendary for.

In many ways, Kuroishi and Daishi were entirely seperate people now, not nearly the two men with one past they had been at the start.

It was no longer a case of saving a clone, or saving the original, it was a case of saving an entirely different person, and this hit Argon like a ton of bricks, leading him to take a seat in the one of the bridge command chairs.

All along he had been considering the names Daishi and Kuroishi interchangable, they had been the same person when he had last seen them together.

But Daishi's marriage had changed all that, Kuroishi had slowly drifted away from his clone/original, and for better or for worse, Argon had gone with him.

To be honest, he still felt he had made the right choice, he was a Fallen Angel to the core, the type that subdued whole battalions and draped people's entrails over altars out of reflex, and that was what Kuroishi had offered.

Looking at it now, he realized that the key difference between them lay in one simple choice, Daishi had chosen peace.

Even now, it was obvious that the only reason he had returned was to rescue his otherself.

Just then, the door to the bridge hissed open.

It was almost inaudible, but Argon heard it from the front window, as well as the signature nearly silent clatter that could only come from one of two people.

"Hello Daishi," he said without turning around, "we ready to go?"

[OOC: Hmmm, I'm not even sure what this is, it just happened to come out as I got to thinking of something to write before the mission starts.  Enjoy  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
[This message has been edited by Argon Viper (edited January 8, 2004 7:00:01 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 8, 2004 11:06:39 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Frak that's spooky.  It's so close to what I would call Daishi's choice that it has started a bit of a debate in the back of my mind.  Anyway with Raziel's post and Argon's I think I got a bit of something to go on. Unless someone else wants to write about it I'll take care of the insertion tommorrow after I find out the results of my AWOL sweep.  /OOC]

"Almost.  Some of the flame carbines need servicing but I can take care of that myself.  The Royal Barkalounger is ready for our insertion and extraction."  Daishi answered Argon's question.

"What happens if we fail and Kuroishi gets killed?"  Argon carefully asked the question he didn't want to.

"That hinges on if we can have control of the containemnt systems.  If we have that this mission will be a cake walk.  If not we'll be pinned down and either forced to surrender or starved out.  They are expecting the power generators to be attacked before the prison compound itself is attacked or the sensor relays, or any of about a dozen important external targets not in the prison compound itself.  Since we're going straight in we should catch the garrison out of position and if we achieve suprise we'll only have at most a platoon of heavy infantry to worry about."  Daishi repeated his well rehearsed response.

Daishi and Kuroishi.

Argon had talked with Daishi much over the past few days but it just really didn't hit Daishi what had happened between him and Kuroishi until thier last visit.

It was true Daishi didn't want to commit the same acts as Kuroishi but he still had the same fighting spirit he always had.  Instead of just fighting for his own personal beliefs he was now also fighting to protect his family.

One of Daishi's fears was laid to rest while another was intesified.

Daishi was no longer affraid of dying alone.  This mission alone proved that he was not alone.  His wife was carrying thier first child.  Despite her bubbly teenager psychology Daishi was hopelessly in love with Tina.

Time was slowly winding down before the Sweetums dropped out of hyperspace.  Through a slight miracle of timing they had been allowed to pick up Mandor on the way.  Now there were six men in Wraith squad.

Daishi turned to leave to ready his equipment.  Some of the flame carbines had not been serviced in a while and knowing his luck he'd grab one of those.

Next Daishi began to conetemplate if he should wear the now infamous Varneck Marine Combat Armor or not.  While it provided excellent protection against blasters it could also ruin an essential part of his plan, or it could even make it succed.

'If I wear it I can use it to make the guards think the Fallen Angels are involved when they are not.  It just might get us out of there alive if something goes wrong.'  Daishi thought to himself as he finished with the first flame carbine.

It was settled, he'd wear it.

He and his other self had a suit as well as a spare suit to share between them to use as spare parts until new parts could be fashioned.  With Varneck destroyed that was a much more difficult proposition now.  Daishi knew how to make the actual armor himself, it was suprisingly simple.  The complicated joints were the tricky part.

About half an hour before they affected thier departure Daishi would be finished with the flame carbines.

****F'Tral, Kuroishi's cell****

Kuroishi was actually doing his best to be a good prisoner, after all he still couldn't walk around too well on his legs yet.

Despite being an old man Kuroishi still managed to save Raziel's hide, the broken nose was bothersome but he understood.  Raziel had a cover to keep.  To keep himself from tipping off the emotion sensor in the back of his neck, Kuroishi instead focused his thoughts on something much more profound then thoughts and emotions of escape.

Daishi had found his dream girl and married her.  Kuroishi knew who he wanted but she wanted him dead too, something about him keeping his promise despite her brother betraying him had upset her.  After all her brother was still alive, even if he wasn't much more then a brain in a fish tank aboard the Sweetums.

The constant and rapid changes in light were becoming bothersome as well.  If his legs were healed properly he would have taught some of these guards a leason by now.

The crimes he was charged with were a result of his time with the Fallen Angels.  While he was never one to kill a civilian, a many soldier's and policeman's entrails were used to decorate a few places of worship.  Then there was the modern art.  Who could forget the smiley face of corpses or the temple of skulls with working plumbing?

Kuroishi knew he'd have to control his dreams very tightly now as well.  If he wasn't carefull he could have a dream that would trigger an emotional response that could end this whole mess.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 9, 2004 3:13:41 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC:  Yeah, that was pretty random for me too.  Anyways, I can't think of any more provocative or confusing topics to write on yet, so just land us, give me a plan, and let's do this  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 11, 2004 2:59:38 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Tonight we have a full dance card.  /OOC]

Daishi watched as the hyperspace  greys flashed to the normal star filled black of space with F'Tral staring them in the face.

The Royal Barkalounger was set.

Daishi nodded and a prearranged signal was sent to Raziel.

"Wraith grab your gear and board the Roayal Barkalounger.  We're go."  Daishi broadcast over the intercomm.

Daishi affixed the helmet of his VMCA and slung his flame carbine and Timbique Edition Zues on his weapons pack.

Entering the Royal Barkalounger Daishi took up residence in the command center chair and watched Wraith for a moment.

"Wraith we're going to either have a cakewalk or one heck of a fight.  Argon if you'd take us down."  Daishi broke the silence.

"Yes sir."  Argon replied as he took the pilot's chair.

"Activating stealth systems.  Now if our timing is correct we are going in for a night landing.  Sweetums will maintain a discrete orbit and alert us to enemy troop movements through the endevors of GUESSWORK.  They will also make sure we stay on our intendid path to the prison.  Keep your flame carbines at the ready.  I know there is a risk that we'll set off some sort of perimeter heat sensor but the local plant life leaves us with few other options, so we may as well start a rather large fire to cover us as best as possible.  Mandor you will join Lukas Yuy, Tyummk, and myself as the team that actually frees Kuroishi.  Argon your mission is unchanged, demolish the main armory and retrieve Raziel.  Raziel is already on planet and posing as a guard.  If all has been successful the shield systems intendid to keep prison riots contained will not be a factor.  There may be some targets of opportunity that we can either take out or let loose to confuse the situation further, this is a prison facility after all and no one builds a prison to contain just one person.  Mandor since you have had the least amount of time to raid the stores aboard the Weapons Freightor, I'll allow you to raid my personal stores aboard the Royal Barkalounger.  I have a small but potent mix of weapons aboard this craft.  The wide open courtyards will make for some interesting ranged firefights.  Kuroishi has lead some of you into a few battles now, it's time we showed him what we are capable of.  This is the kind of mission Wraith is meant for and as such I have little doubt you can pull it off."  Daishi briefed.

Soon it would be planet fall.  After that one way or the other the mission would be over within a few hours.  Anything longer then that and they may not get out alive.

Daishi counted down the time to landing.  It was the hardest part of any mission, only the insane or foolish would say otherwise.

The Royal Barkalounger shuddered as it made contact with the atmosphere and slowly smoothed out as it approached the landing zone.

A slight jolt and they were down.

"We may have evaded sensors but our rentry cannot evade the eyes of anyone watching.  We're now on the clock.  They will eventually find the Royal Barkalounger and the Sweetums, but if we do this the way we have been trained that will be a mute point."  Daishi said as he gathered the squad near the ramp.

Marching out Daishi pulled out a remote control and pressed two buttons.  First the ramp closed.  Next low powered mortars shot a camo net over the top of the Royal Barkalounger's matte black top.

"New toy?"  Argon asked.

"Not really.  The launchers have a tough time functioning after re-entry.  It also took me a while to get the launch positions and trajectories just right.  Let's move."  Daishi replied.

The march would take about an hour, any closer and the garrison forces would have been likely to spot the drive plume from the Royal Barkalounger.

The plants were indeed dangerous and as dangerous as the reports he got from the Deathwookie's cooking show.  Blasts from the flame carbines began lighting up the night sky.

The underused maintenance access drew closer.

Daishi's suspicions about a perimeter detection system were correct as he heard speeders fly nearby to investigate the heat sources.  So far none had come close enough to spot Wraith in thier march.

Argon's keen eyes spotted the first lights of the prison compound.

"We're close now."  Daishi said as he blasted another plant trying to make him it's next meal.

Daishi checked his map and marched Wraith to the maintenance tunnel.

"Look at that, it's been used recently."  Argon pointed out.

"Could mean trouble or it could mean they finally used it for maintenance.  Remember they are expecting the Fallen Angels.  We're not.  I'll have us in shortly."  Daishi replied.

Daishi pulled a few tools from his pack and set to work.

"Argon when I tell you to I want to to take my 20 pound sledge hammer and hit the spot I marked as hard as you can."  Daishi said pointing to a handle protruding from his pack.

Daishi put away the rest of his tools and motioned for Argon to take his swing.

A loud clang sounded from the metal to metal contact and the access hatch popped open.

"What did that accomplish?"  Lukas asked.

"The lock wasn't melting fast enough and there was a heat sensor too, so I figured if I'm going to let them know we are coming I might as well let someone have some fun doing it."  Daishi replied.

Daishi replaced the sledge hammer and drew the Timbique Edition Zues and set it to full auto.

"I'll take point.  Argon you got the rear guard."  Daishi said as he entered the maintenance tunnel.

[OOC: That good enough or do I have to lay more out for ye?  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 11, 2004 4:20:42 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[Good enough for me to start with, tell me when I'm supposed to go and kill the armory.  Also, a bit of layout on the base would be appreciated    Anyways, it's dinner now, and I've got stuff for the RS Starcraft team later tonight, and calc homework after that, so I'll try to post tomorrow  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  207
January 12, 2004 6:05:25 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor was walking through the maintnance tunnel with the rest of Wraith. He had just joined minutes before the mission and hadn't had the chance to bond with his new squad mates. He was glad he was with Wraith and felt proud to be a member. They had been the last ones off Alzoc III and one of the first to go in. He liked that, dedication to a mission, not leaving until the job was done.

He was feeling kinda light with his minimal equipmant. He had more then enough to get through the mission, but he liked the extra equipment he had on Alzoc (made him look bigger). He had his Whisper and LJ-90 snipers, some different types of gernades, his Fly High knifes, a pistole, and some adhesion discs.

He didnt know much about Kuroishi, but he knew enough to know he never wanted to fight with him. He also knew he would do just about anything to help get him out. Kuroishi was the only one taken prisoner on Alzoc, and it made Mandor madder then hell that there was nothing the VE could do to stop it from happening.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 12, 2004 10:44:26 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Argon, as soon as you are free the armoury is all yours.  Good post Mandor, it makes me even more determined to restart the Character Development/Education project I had to put on hold for far too long.  I'll see if I can  come up with something on the fly for a map.  /OOC]

The tunnel was barely big enough for Argon to fit in, but Wraith still crawled along at a fair pace.

So far there had been no signs that the garrison was waiting for them, but they still had a bit of tunnel to go and there could be all sorts of nastyness waiting at the other end.

Daishi slowly began leaving the rest of Wraith behind.

No ambushes were between him and thier exit point.

The tunnel continued down to some emrgency generators but Daishi knew those would be guarded and Wraith could quite well be gunned down before it could get to some cover.

Daishi studied his blueprints.

P            P            P            P

G    X                    Q

P                                      P
      C
      C
      C
      C
      C
      C
      H
      H
      H

W            x            AQ

P          P            P            P

T

P=Perimeter wall watch towers
W=Warden's office
A=Armory
Q=Guard Quarters
G=Emergency Generators
x=Wraith exit point
X=Maintenance tunnel exit
T=Tunnel Entrance

"Allright it's night time so we're going to have a little fun with this one."  Daishi said as he began rigging explosives to the roof of the tunnel.

First Daishi affixed a command detonated 5kg C-8 blasting block to the roof then set a two second delay one three phospherous/magnisium illumination charges.

"Fire in the hole."  Daishi said as he turned his back to the blast and pressed the trigger.

As planned the debris and illumination charges were propelled upwards and one second after the main blast a brilliant flash of light poured through the hole.

"There's our distraction, let's move."  Daishi said as he tossed a pair of smoke grenade through the hole.

The guards on duty were mostly disoriented by the sudden change in lighting and even the more modern night vision devices would flare up and have trouble seeing through the sustained light of the illumination charges and to make sure Wraith made it out of the tunnel the smoke grenades would provide cover against anyone that was indoors when the charges started thier illumination.

So far so good.

[OOC:  I'm not going to worry about my map cming out pretty, but it should still be good enough.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 13, 2004 9:23:01 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
[OOC]thought i would get us fighting[/OOC]

Mandor was behind Kuroishi when they came out of the tunnel. Kuroishi easily picked of two of the four gaurds standing in the imediate vacenity, Mandor took out one with his LJ-90, and Argon got the last blocking their way.

Kuroishi gave the order to Wraith for the men to start on their individual assignments. They wouldnt have much time. The entire base would be swarming on them if they werent fast enough. Mandor began to pick off a few of the gaurds on the battlements as Argon dashed accross the compound making his way to the Armory.

Mandor stood looking around acessing the situation. They werent being swarmed under, but by now much of the base knew something was happening.

-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 13, 2004 11:45:14 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "Oh no he really did exist,"
    "For god's sake don't be stupid. He was a myth, it was just who they blamed when they couldn't explain it. He was probably a hundred trained professionals!"
    "Who are you talking about?"
    "Joyce here thinks that the dark blade was a real person, that's all."
    "He was as well, he was the ancient clans best,"
    "Sorry, never heard of him,"
    "I'm guessing you never worked as a guard on Nar Shaddaa then?"
    "Nope,"
    "Look everyone knows that when someone got in the ancients way they would be found dead with a black knife lodged in them."
    "Rubbish, their best assassin would have been some kind of a droid. Anyway how do you know this? The ancients probably started it all as a rumour,"

"Oh he existed." The other three turned around to look at Jarrick, who had been sitting quietly in a corner sipping a hot drink.
    "Sorry, forgot you were from that corner of the galaxy too," said one of them.
    "Ah well, but I've seen him. Face to face! well one of his faces anyway."
    "Rubbish, no one ever saw him!"
    "Hey let me finish. I was working for the Talans personal protection company and the boss had kind of an ongoing feud with this assassin. Still most of the time he got past us, no matter what we did.
We were paid to take some personal items of someone's across one district, that was all. We never had any idea that he would be after us, although I suspect Rhylena did, when we got to the man's mansion...well I say mansion, it was more of a fortress in the ground really...anyway the guard at the door looked us up and down and checked our security and we checked his. He asked to look at the case quickly and all he did was scan it, open it for a fraction of a second to look and pass it back to us. He told us to go on in, but Rhylena decided to leave our two best men at the entrance.
We got inside and gave him the case, but as we were leaving he opened it, apparently whatever was important wasn't there anymore. When we got back outside our men were both dead, hidden just out of sight. Each one with a small black knife protruding from his chest. I left the same day."
    The three men looked at each other.
    "There I told you!" the believer started, but then the other man from Nar Shaddaa started laughing.
    "Oh very funny, you actually almost had me there!" Jarrick smiled too and looked down at his watch. He hoped the information he had sent to Daishi about the high standard of training and some of the finer points of guard duty going on at the prison had got through.
    "So I'm right then? He didn't exist," the guard asked, looking around.
    "Oh no, he exists." Jarrick stated, looking up from his watch.

Jarrick smiled as he walked past another one of his group's guards. He was almost at the edge of their patrol now. Two guards blocked his path, he couldn't force his way through that would ruin the plan. In fact if he made just one mistake now everything would be ruined. In a few hours it wouldn't matter...

"Yes?" one of the guards asked, looking at him absently.
    "Got some documents to take up to control,"
    "What about?"
    "Think it's to do with our fees actually, yes here's the document." Jarrick passed the form across to the guard.
    "All looks fine, carry on. By the way aren't you the one who hit the prisoner?"
    "Me? Well yeah,"
    "Wow have you heard about the stuff he's done?"
    "Look sorry I really have to go,"
    "Ok ok, sorry,"

The moment he was around the corner Jarrick became Raziel. His expression and stature immediately changed, the whole way that he had moved ,behaved and spoken before had been a disguise. He checked over all the extra weaponry he was carrying and headed off to the main control room.

Lo'am's eyes flitted about the room angrily. The three men were covered in the food and drink that they had grabbed onto as they had fallen to the floor.
The sergeant walked over the first man and knelt beside him. There were no obvious injuries. He reached out and pulled down the dead guard's eyelid. Something caught his eye. He lifted up the soldier's chin to see the tiniest sliver of metal protruding from it. He started to pull it out, but it resisted heavily. He held it up to his eyes as blood spurted from the now open wound.
    All along the surface of the small blade were tiny spikes sticking away from the direction of the main blade. As the guards had struggled the blade had probably been pushed deeper and deeper.
    Lo'am stormed out of the room.

"Something wrong?" someone asked
    "Nothing, just guard the prisoner!"
    "Sir!" Another guard shouted running up the corridor, the sergeant didn't stop rushing in the direction Raziel had left in.
"The doors on the rest room have jammed, we can't get them open, half our men are stuck!"
    "Leave them there, double the guard at the prisoners door! I'll find out what's going on,"

Kuroishi looked up from his cell as another four men jogged down to the entrance of his cell. Each of them looked alert, even five of these highly trained soldiers would be an obstacle. Kuroishi tipped his head to one side and pondered.

-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 13, 2004 11:46:08 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: Mandor good to have a new member who actually wants to be active. Welcome and keep it up, it's appreciated )

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 13, 2004 6:55:59 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon walked across the compound, he was enjoying himself, just a nice quiet walk through the middle of hundreds of enemy soldiers in a relatively open space.

He had stopped by at the guard's quarters close to their entrance area and picked himself up a uniform before moving, so no one wondered much what a massive Whiphid was doing walking across the compound.

Suddenly, alarm bells went off and Argon saw soldiers sprinting everywhere, mainly to or from the prison complex.

Sensing the mood, Argon also broke into a sprint, heading straight for the armory as if he was heading there to pick up some weaponry.

What the hell did Raz do he thought, there's no way Kuroishi could make this kind of a racket, and if he did, they wouldn't be headed away from the prison...

This had better still work...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 13, 2004 7:38:04 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor had to laugh as he shot a man in the foot and watched him face plant strait into the ground. He finished him with a shot through the top of his head and continued firing on the oncoming doomed souls.

He couldnt help but think about the leave he would be taking to Kashyyyk with Rema and TK. He would be getting some extra IC's for the 5 wookiee he would be hunting. Just then a blaster bolt skimmed his right shoulder. He shook off the surprise and fired at the man hitting him square in the chest.

Wraith was taking some serious fire from the guard towers wich effectivly pinned down the squad. Mandor along with the rest of Wraith began firing upon the towers directly opposite of them. They took out about 7 guards when a earthshaking explosion rocked everyone. Kuroishi looked at them and gave a thumbs up. Mandor noticed he had  a PrG proton Gernade in his hand and realized what just happened.

Kuroishi pulled the pin and heaved the gernade twords another tower wich was followed by another blast effectivly destroying the guard post. By this time the Republic soldiers where taking cover behind whatever they could find and began trying to pin them down.

[OOC] i hope my writing style flows with the rest of the group. if there is anything you want changed just let me know[/OOC]

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mandor (edited January 14, 2004 9:08:44 AM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 14, 2004 2:24:07 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: only thing is i'm not with the group mandor i was inside kuroishi's section of the prison, although i think kuroishi wanted to keep fighting to a minimum )

-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 14, 2004 9:28:17 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I kind of figured the exit we made from the tunnel would have gotten the attention of the guards, esspecially those that were already on duty and armed.  The illumination charges and smoke grenades were just to make sure we got out of the tunnel in one piece.  /OOC]

Daishi picked his rifle back up and set the selector switch to single fire and began putting his sniping skills to use.

"I've got the rear.  Mandor take point, we march to the cell blocks, double time."  Daishi said taking another guard out.

So far everything was still under control.

"Door's locked."  Mandor said as they approached the cell blocks.

"Here.  Just put it near the lock, push the button and take cover."  Daishi said as he tossed a 1kg C-8 blasting block to Mandor.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 14, 2004 12:53:49 AM    View the profile of Mandor 
Mandor took Daishi's C-8 and placed it to the left of the lock. He placed the detonation charge inside the block pressed the button trigger and ran behind a pillar supporting the upper levels. He heard and felt the massive explosion and saw shards of metal flying past him.

Daishi was already running through the door followed closely behind by the rest of Wraith. On the other side of the door where some heavily armored troops standing behind some very large guns. Daishi jumped and landed in a prone position whith his sniper and shot one of the soldiers square between the eyes. Mandor ran to the right side of the bahemoth soldiers and took position behind a pillar. He used his DL-44 pistole and shot up one side of a soldier. The shots had little affect but gave a long enough distraction to allow Lukas to split the mans head wide open with a swift blow with his Vibro Blade.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Mandor (edited January 14, 2004 6:56:14 PM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 14, 2004 6:44:48 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
[OOC: Sounds good so far Mandor.  A few things though, Raz and I aren't with you, and neither is Kuroishi.  It sounds wierd without the background, but the guy with you is Daishi (a clone or perhaps the original of Kuroishi, no one knows), and he's not officially VE either, but he's helping us out.  Kuroishi is in the prison, the guy we have to rescue.  The guys with you are Daishi and Lukas.  Enjoy  ]

Argon ran as fast as he could to the armory, reaching it before most of the guardsmen.

On his way in, he dropped a thermal grenade in the entryway, rushing as deep as he could into the facility and turning a few corners.

A deep thud that could be felt through the walls let him know when the device went off, and he started dropping more, tossing them into rooms as he passed by.

Slamming into walls to redirect his momentum instead of slowing down for turns, Argon rushed through hallways that branched out into rooms of weaponry, most of it high tech stuff that he would have looted if he had the time.

On his back, he could feel the flames as room after room disintigrated into a flaming mass, disrupting any kind of pursuit the enemy could have made.

Then he was out, dashing through the rear exit, he ran for a few short meters and then leapt into the air.

The shockwave caught him just as he'd expected, flinging him into the crowd of guards that were just starting to realize what had happened as the armory exploded, tearing itself and everything around it to shreds.

In the middle of the pack, they couldn't fire their weapons for fear of hitting each other, and Argon ripped into them with his tusks and claws, giving way to the bloodlust that was his by nature...

==================

In front of the security door, Daishi turned to see the armory burst into a massive cloud of fire.

"Look's like Argon's done his part," he said, "let's go get Kuroishi."

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Mandor
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

January 14, 2004 6:56:52 PM    View the profile of Mandor 
[OOC] ok... i understand now..... i think.... i edited my post so it makes sense....[/OOC]

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mandor/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BoA]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 15, 2004 9:11:41 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Actually Argon, Daishi is still a RA in the VEN.  He just doesn't have much to do these days.  /OOC]

Daishi watched the few guards inside the cell blocks scatter.  He knew they would be falling back to a place where there was cover and praying that the containment fields would be activated soon.

Firing a burst from his fully automatic 50 caliber rifle into the scattering guards, Daishi looked around and confirmed they were in the hospital wing but so far there seemed something amiss.

"Let's move fast."  Daishi said as he began the march toward Kuroishi's cell.

The hospital wing gave way to the first cell bank.  If thier intelligance was correct Kuroishi was at the far end of it guarded by 40 private security and there was a platoon on duty outside that had been tossed into chaos.

Now it was up to Raziel to do his part.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
January 15, 2004 1:30:07 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[OOC: If I'm back, then I'm back, and you know what that means. Prepare for a Fish in the works. Ahh, if only my name was Spanner that would sound so much better]

The hatch opened slowly on to a starry scene with the planet F'Tral rolling past below. The jamb to either side was backlit red in the bay as the figure in the doorway prepared himself.
"Oh, I really hate this," he said, mainly to himself.
The backlighting switched from red to green, and a voice in his earpiece said, "Go! Go! Go!"
The figure in black jumped out of the hatch and into space. Gravity swiftly took hold of him and began to slowly drag him down to the surface. The jumper took time to consider the events of the past few days.

*** Right planet, right time. Running into Fury in that bar, the odds of it happening were miniscule at best, but it happened. ***

The delta-shaped ablative shield began to glow faintly, though it was surely cherry red by now on the other side as friction began to burn off speed as well as the shield. He hoped that the calculations were right, otherwise someone would need some After Sun lotion in a big way.

*** A few beers and some reminiscing. Some gentle arm-twisting and a plea for help. ***

There was smoke now, visible in the growing atmosphere as the descent turned from sharply angled into straight vertical, and the ablatives wore away more. Was the shield becoming transparent?

*** The briefing room, a faceless stream of data and images rolling up the screen. Kuroishi, Daishi, others. The prison, Raziel, the Sweetums. Available weaponry, insertion method. ***

Clouds loomed up ahead as the last of the ablative shield burned away. Falling at terminal velocity now. Hopefully it would not be a literally terminal velocity. Water vapour misted up the visor of the Class VII descent suit momentarily. A beep sounded from the ear-piece and a gun was pointed down, something left the muzzle and fell faster. Hopefully fast enough to do its job.

*** Aboard a freighter now, but to all outside appearances not aboard. Since no one saw him board, and he would not be there when the freighter landed. The pilot was paid to take a specific orbital vector to begin with, though convincing her to take the necessary detour was slightly costly. ***

Through the clouds now, and the prison facility was visible below, a speck of grey against the overwhelming green surrounding it. You couldn't pick a much better spot for a prison. The only disadvantage this one had was that the planet had an atmosphere.

*** Insertion by extreme high altitude repulsor jump. You put a ship just on the upper atmosphere of a planet and someone jumps out. They have an ablative shield to cut the friction heat of reentry, you even cut it to the right thickness so that it burns away completely by the time you slow down. No parachute, instead you have a one-shot repulsor belt which slows you down for a gentle bump on your feet. Shame it's murder on the rest of you. ***

He thought he could pick out the vent shaft now, he couldn't tell if it was open or not, and by the time he could, it would be too late if it was closed. Nothing to do but wait, and he would not have to wait long.

*** The nuts part was the entry point. A vent shaft barely large enough for a human to fit down, and he had to hit it square and true at around 30 miles an hour. Not only that, but to get it open in the first place, he had to fire an acid charge at it, getting around the heat senors by using an acid with an endothermic reaction on introduction to metals and metal alloys. All in the timing. ***

Everything went black. The ear piece beeped again, and he triggered the repulsorlift belt.
The lights came back on quickly as the other end of the vent shaft arrived and so did the top floor of the control centre. Two guards sitting at a table playing sabbacc did not hear the feather soft tap of two VE issue combat boots landing gently twenty feet away.
After nearly a two year retirement, Stonefish was back on mission for the VE. Now to find out where the hell everyone else was.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

January 15, 2004 2:35:30 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "Sir the armoury just went up, could have been an accident but all of the rockets went up and finished the place off, orders?"
    "Typical Fallen Angels surprise attack, send all elite squads towards the communications tower. Have some repeater troopers stationed on the east wing roof to pin them down. Send the message to all troops shoot to kill, our friend down there will be the last of his men to die."
    "We just got a message from the hospital wing, apparently some of Lo'am's men just got found dead. Their leader went after him and they wanted to know what needs doing?"
    "Damnit, ask them which directi...."
    "Sir! We have a squad of troops making it's way into the hospital wing now!"
    "What? Er... strange. Erm ok how many?" the commander looked slightly confused. He hadn't been prepared for this at all.
    "Not too many, we can't quite tell yet. No more than a squad. 1st platoon is pulling back inside and shielding the prisoner."
    "Good, good, wait for them to get away from the outer wall and them close them in with the containment fields. Keep the men heading for the comm tower, I bet this is just one of their diversions."

"Sorry you can't come in right now, the situation looks bad. You should return to your post for now,"
    "Really?"

"Ok activate the containment fields behind them for a start then ...." The commander stopped suddenly, he grimaced and then fell to his knees. The three men sitting at the console turned to see Raziel slam the but of his pistol into the back of the commanders head, dropping him to the floor.
    He lifted the hold out blaster and fired four shots into the chests of two of the console operators and was upon the other before he could move.
    "Show me how the container fields work!" he shouted, throwing away the emptied B-22 hold out blaster. It skittered away towards the door. The operator quickly brought up a touch screen schematic of the wing where Kuroishi was.
    Raziel held the man by the neck with his left arm in an iron tight grip whilst he started activating and deactivating certain container fields, overriding Lo'am's control room.

"There we go that's only 35 men for you to deal with," he said to no-one in particular. A path had now been created all the way to Kuroishi's cell by the container fields created to stop them.
    Raziel went very still. He hadn't heard the sound of anyone moving behind him, but he heard the click as his hold-out was picked off of the floor.
    "Thirty four men actually," Raziel looked over his right shoulder at sergeant Lo'am.
    "You! Undo what he just did!" he said pointing to the operator whilst keeping his pistol trained on Raziel. Raziel tensed his left arm and pulled sharply, there was a crack as the operators neck snapped.
    "You really are an emotionless b****** aren't you?" Lo'am asked calmy, taking a step forward.
    "If I was, trust me, I wouldn't be your problem right now." Raziel said, letting the limp body slide to the floor and turning to face the sergeant. Lo'am's artificial eye flicked up and down, regarding Raziel. He raised his pistol to shoulder level and kept it trained on Raziel's chest.
    "Oh dear," murmured Raziel.

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG} {CDS} {BoA}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited January 15, 2004 2:35:58 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  504
January 15, 2004 3:22:08 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
((OOC: Hey guys..I am back and active! I hope I am following the story right, and if not let me know what changes I need to make))

Lukas noticed his fellow squad member gave him enough time to jump at the enemy and split his head open with a nice clean cut across the head.

He then finished him off with a swift shot to the head and saw him slump forward to the ground.

Another armored soldier came charging at Lukas but noticed that Daishi and Mandor were firing at him as Lukas ran back towards them both.

Lukas spun around just as he ran past Mandor and Daishi and threw a detonator that wasn't active right between the armored guards feet.

He grinned and fired a single shot at it, seeing it explode as he, Daishi, and Mandor were behind the pillars.

The armored guard's guts and body parts went flying.

"Nice shot!", said Mandor and Lukas gave him a nod as he saw a few more of the heavy guards come clunking towards them.

-----------------------
Lukas Yuy
Private First Class
TRP/PFC Lukas Yuy/4SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad Member
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

January 15, 2004 9:54:34 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon was breathing heavily as he fell out of the bloodlust that he had let take over.

Guards lay scattered and torn everywhere, victims of the single enraged Whiphid who had come among them.

Seeing a flash, he turned to his side to watch something go into the ground.  Oh well, not his problem.

Picking up what weapons he had dropped on his rampage, he moved toward what he figured to be the command center, Raziel should be there.

[OOC: Welcome back Fish, good to see you again    Anyways, Dai, I blew up the armory, what exactly am I supposed to do now?  ]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

January 16, 2004 9:59:14 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Go and help Raziel get out.  He's the one that needs the most help right now.  /OOC]

Daishi mercilessly marched forward firing rounds of high explosive death from his favorite anti-material sniper weapon.  It was overkill to use on infantry but right now that just made it all the better to use.

Raziel had done his job now it was up to Daishi to do his.  The path was clear except for the thirty-someodd guards waiting for them.

Despite thier best efforts to find cover Daishi was still able to pick off many of the guards blocking thier approach.

"Lukas, Tyummk, and Mandor I need you all to cover me while I get the cell open."  Daishi said counting the guards.

There were still about twenty guards waiting for them around the cell itself and Daishi was begining to run low on ammunition for his Timbique Edition Zues Heavy Rifle.

A hail of blaster fire errupted from a choke point and Daishi fell behind what little cover there was.

Tyummk wasn't so lucky.  He took a bad looking hit.  So much for being a smooth operation.

Now was a time for volume of fire not precision.

Loading one of his two remaining 50 round drum clips Daishi set his weapon for full auto once more and began delivering a hail of high explosive death.

"Mandor, Lukas I need to make my move now, try and keep them busy."  Daishi said as he tossed a smoke grenade to provide additional cover.

Daishi ran to the cell, he just hoped that the enemy were still convinced they were facing the Fallen Angels rather then Wraith squad.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > F'Tral, rescueing the black death  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:24:08 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 154  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >