ComNet Novice

Echelon

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  546
  RE: Nightshrike Topic
May 21, 2011 8:25:10 PM    View the profile of Echelon 
I've edited the page.
FM/LCW Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/B-3/S:82 "Nightshrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/VSD Dead Gun/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA]
Stewart-Power
ComNet Member

Stewart-Power

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  681
Total Posts:  698
May 21, 2011 8:29:09 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
Good job, you will find the IC's already transferred to your account.
XO/WO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/B-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)[MC2][MC1][SoL]

Clearly Canadian!
Echelon
ComNet Novice

Echelon

Post Number:  29
May 22, 2011 5:37:56 AM    View the profile of Echelon 
I'm not sure what I can do with ICs, but I probably don't need/want them. I editted the page because it needed to be editted, not for some credits.
FM/LCW Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/B-3/S:82 "Nightshrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/VSD Dead Gun/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA]
Echelon
ComNet Novice

Echelon

Post Number:  30
May 22, 2011 6:56:59 AM    View the profile of Echelon 
I've updated/expanded my wikipage just in case anyone wants to check it out.

[url]vastempire.com/wiki/Finbar_Bandoran[/url]
StOrMz
ComNet Sultan
Imperial Baronet

StOrMz

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1580
Total Posts:  2218
May 22, 2011 7:49:21 AM    View the profile of StOrMz 
You can use the credits to do trading at imperitrade financial or buy items in imperial center store.
Naval High Command
NCC|Rear Admiral StOrMz|NHC|VEN|VE

First Naval Fleet
C-SCAP|Rear Admiral|mSSD Atrus|Task Force: Aurek|First Fleet|VEN|VE

[NSM][IG][SWC][SRC][BI][IGC]
(=A=)(=^SA^=)(=ME=)(=*MAE*=)(=FOCE=)(=*TG*=)(=*ENG*=)(=*BO*=)(=AFM=)(=VM=)(=COM=)

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Baronet of Kashyyyk
Echelon
ComNet Novice

Echelon

Post Number:  31
May 22, 2011 9:19:10 AM    View the profile of Echelon 
Whats the point of the items at the store?
Fyston
ComNet n00b

Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  151
May 22, 2011 11:07:15 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
Will post later on the topic, doing this from my Ipod.
FM/SCRW Fy/A-2/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/VSD Dead Gun/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  826
Total Posts:  1047
May 22, 2011 11:09:01 AM    View the profile of Amacuse 
hmmm... as one of my NPCs (Alpha 38) would say: "To win the war!"
Warrant Officer 1st Class Cayden "Amacuse" Tavers

Squadron Commander of 153rd Vast Imp. Fighter Squadron Regents

SC/WO1 Amacuse/A-1/S:153 Regents/W:58 Javelin/ICF-II Fearless/TF:B/2FL/SFC/VEN/VE (=AE=) (=*SAE*=) (=^TG^=) (=AFM=) [IG] [MC:2] [LSM] [GCM] [CBV] [DSM] [DSM]

SCAP/SCOM Cayden Tavers/BAF Ashley Clearwater/TF: Phoenix/7th Fleet/BNAV/BMHC
Stewart-Power
ComNet Member

Stewart-Power

Post Number:  682
May 22, 2011 12:25:43 AM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
Or just bragging rights...
XO/WO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/B-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)[MC2][MC1][SoL]

Clearly Canadian!
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  1320
Total Posts:  2191
May 23, 2011 10:17:53 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Some of us use things we've bought in the Imperial Center Store in our personal character development stories. For example, my personal E-wing, the Krakana, has been prominent and very useful in many stories I've done. Technically you don't have to actually buy something from the ICS to use it in a CD story, but it's better if you do.

Also, personal weapons and such can be bought there and may be used in official missions occasionally, such as if we get into a firefight while on the ground. Some members also buy droids that they interact with at the beginnings of missions as their character is preparing to leave, etc. Just a few examples.

-Drac
CNW/CDR Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Chief of Naval Warfare
"Think Akbar, but Imperial."
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

Post Number:  829
May 23, 2011 10:20:26 AM    View the profile of Amacuse 
Or, in my case... "To win the war."

some of us have personal stories where we're fighting to liberate our homeworld from "bad people"

SC/WO1 Amacuse/A-1/S:153 Regents/W:58 Javelin/ICF-II Fearless/TF:B/2FL/SFC/VEN/VE (=AE=) (=*SAE*=) (=^TG^=) (=AFM=) [IG] [MC:2] [LSM] [GCM] [CBV] [DSM] [DSM]

DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  174
Total Posts:  973
May 23, 2011 12:21:17 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
So many posts...

Alright since quite a few things apparently piled up i'll just mention them in a list format using no particular order.
  1. Updating the squadron wikipage with up-to-date info is something i greatly appreciate, especially considering how for various reasons i keep seeming to put that task off. Do make sure however that this updating process is nothing more. To clarify - Amacuse you did good and i thank you. Echelon you didn't do so good and although i appreciate the no doubt good and who knows even noble intentions in the future try keeping the current coding and only replace the bits of info you know to no longer be used. The above restrictions are of course merely intended for the squadron's wikipage alone.

2. Speaking of wiki pages. I invite all Nightshrike current and active members to fill the squadron page with info about their own chars. Basically a few lines describing his/hers physical traits and personality. I will try later tonight to set a good example and fill in my own and hopefully all the NPCs as well. If you do not know how to make these edits then send me a PM with what you'd like to write there and i'll help you out.

3. Still on the subject of wiki pages and char information in general. If you're having trouble dealing with them (using templates, filling info, making edits) then by all means you should ask for help. Chances are i or someone else will be able to provide it as well. More importantly however i'd really like to know at least some basic pieces of info about certain chars (like full name - the ones you used when you enlisted -, species, gender, physical traits and personality). Most of the current NS members have them but there are a few who are missing certain or even all those mentioned pieces of information. Obviously this is requested only from those members.

4. Next is the matter of reports. If you have read through this topic recently then you probably already know that Stewart is now active once more. Furthermore he was assigned as SXO for NS. This means that all squadron members should send send him a copy of your weekly report as well. Especially those form Beta flight, as there SP happens to also hold the position of FL basically.

5. I happened to bring up the reports so while on the subject i also ask that all squadron members to mention where and how many times they posted that week. To be clear, i'm not asking for specifics. I'm only interested if you posted on any squadron/fleet/navy story (regarding of whether you did it with your own char or with a NPC), if you applied for any certs or ancillary skills or if you posted elsewhere on the Comnet (Army, Osk, DJO for instance). An example of such posting should be: "3 story posts, 1 cert, 3 army and osk ones".

6. The above are mostly administrative issues. Now to mention some of the IC ones. I don't mind everyone RPing their char the way they want to. In fact i even encourage this. Trouble is when you RP said char in a way that might get the whole squadron in trouble however. Being late to certain IC events can be plausible and who knows maybe even encouraged in some cases but let's get one thing straight - this is supposed to be a navy, as in a place where orders are given and subsequently followed. Like i said, i wouldn't mind and in fact i would even recommend a few such issues to appear IC (preferably after getting them cleared beforehand with either myself or Stewart) so long as the OOC perception isn't affected by them. Reason i'm mentioning this is because after having read about those two events my reaction was one similar to "how the heck can everyone just do whatever he wants if this is supposed to be a bloody military?"

7. On a happier note - if anyone has any ideas of what could happen next in either the current story or any other story for that matter PM or hop on IRC and discuss them with me. In my experience this sort of cooperation can only lead to greater things after all.

8. Finally, on a totally squadron unrelated note - Amacuse, you talking about Onderon or Bimmiel?
SC/MCPO DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/VSD Dead Gun/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [IG] [SoV] [=*TG*=]
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

Post Number:  830
May 23, 2011 1:21:37 PM    View the profile of Amacuse 
ah Deep... how I love #8... that is a secret to be revealed at a later time... actually, when the revealing is to happen, I could use your help with something... seeing how I'm not the only Onderonian here worrying about the politics on my homeworld

DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  177
May 23, 2011 1:50:51 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Meddling in politics is fun. Ping me on IRC when that time will come so that i may unravel my own master plan.
SC/MCPO DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/VSD Dead Gun/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [IG] [SoV] [=*TG*=]
Trykon
ComNet Member

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  442
Total Posts:  3784
May 25, 2011 8:43:56 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
'shrikes, please welcome new Academy graduate Caeus to your ranks!

-Trick, XNT

SCAP/MCPO Wyl Trykon/CR90 Defiance/TF:B/2Flt/CSS/VEN/VE
XNT/MCPO Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLT Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/UNI Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  32
Total Posts:  47
May 25, 2011 8:57:29 PM    View the profile of Caeus 
Thank you Trykon, for being an excellent trainer, and I would like to thank all of you ahead of time for the wonderful experiences we will all have as I continue by journey through the Vast Empire Navy.

Here is my ID Line (Thanks to Trykon's help), so now I'm apparently 'Alpha 3'.

FM/LCRW Caeus/A-3/S:82 "Nightstrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  185
May 26, 2011 5:30:56 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Hi Caeus,

Be active, don't GM, read the big post a little ways above, join #Nightshrike on IRC, send your report on Thursdays and all will be right with the universe. Oh and we're not serving on the Iron Duke anymore but rather the Dead Gun. Soon we'll switch to Drac's new flagship i imagine but for the time being guess it's still undergoing repairs...

That being said, be welcome!

TRN/UNI DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  1346
Total Posts:  2191
May 26, 2011 8:19:39 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Someone hasn't looked at the roster in the last day or so...and someone else (me) forgot to announce it. lol. Anywho- the 'Shrikes are officially transferred over to the Halcyon Warrior. Welcome aboard the Navy's newest ImpStar Deuce. And remember, there's a whole Wing of starfighters aboard, so some interaction with the NPC squadrons is expected. Feel free to name two of the other five squadrons if you want to. I'll name the rest.

Welcome to the Fleet, Caeus.

-Drac
FC/CDR Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Commander Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
"Think Akbar, but Imperial."
Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  35
May 26, 2011 6:39:35 PM    View the profile of Caeus 
I actually do have some NPC characters (2 of them exactly), who are close friends of my PC from their homeworld, could I make those two the one or two NPCs I can throw in there?

Also, when do I start RPing with you guys, if so, where?
FM/LCRW Caeus/A-3/S:82 "Nightstrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
Stewart-Power
ComNet Member

Stewart-Power

Post Number:  684
May 26, 2011 6:46:58 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
You can begin by posting on the current squadron story here:
http://comnet.imperialnetwork.com/topic/14887/

Unless told otherwise...
(=A=)[MC2][MC1][SoL]

Clearly Canadian!
DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  188
May 26, 2011 6:47:29 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
@Drac - too tired to think of any names atm - might come up with some tomorrow. In the meantime other NS members are invited to pitch in... and generally do anything at all to show they didn't suddenly die or something.

@Caeus - sure, guess it's fine to have them serve either on the ISD or some other squadron(s)... Current squadron story can be found here. Read the previous posts to get an idea of what's happened thus far and just hop in there.

Oh, when i say hop in i actually mean that you should mention having been there all along... and NOT mysteriously show up in the asteroid field as some late transfer or something similar.

EDIT - The fish beat me to it
SC/MCPO DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [IG] [SoV] [=*TG*=]

[This message has been edited by DeepSix (edited May 26, 2011 6:50:09 PM)]
Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  36
May 26, 2011 6:58:33 PM    View the profile of Caeus 
Thanks. How do I get onto the IRC. After that, I am all set pretty much.
DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  189
May 26, 2011 7:12:50 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Link 1 & Link 2

Read through the above two links and you should have a somewhat basic understanding of IRC, connecting to the VE server and joining channels.
SC/MCPO DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [IG] [SoV] [=*TG*=]

Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  37
May 26, 2011 9:05:28 PM    View the profile of Caeus 
Thanks. I'll probably get to posting in the current thread sometime tomorrow, I'm a little busy with schoolwork right now.
Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  39
May 27, 2011 8:48:16 PM    View the profile of Caeus 
Alright, I posted on the thread, looks interesting.
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  1628
Total Posts:  1957
May 28, 2011 4:43:07 AM    View the profile of Atrasin 
ok, 'Shrikes...welcome back SCRW Speed, B-4!
CNO|COMD Atrasin|ISD Iron Duke|TF:A|1Flt|VEN|VE [=A=][=^SA^=][=^ME^=][=*MA*=][=FOCE=][=*TG*=][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][MC1]{BWC}[NSR:1]{SAS}{SWC}(SOL)[LSM][VC:B][DSM][VC:S]
Vacuus Ordo, Nex  -Without Order, Death
All a man can betray is his conscience. - Joseph Conrad
We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. - Henry V
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George S. Patton Jr.
Speed
ComNet Novice

Speed

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  35
May 28, 2011 4:50:34 AM    View the profile of Speed 
/me waves

Hello peoples. You'll have to introduce yourselves because I know absolutely none of you.
SPEED KILLS!!!

FM/SCRW Speed/B-4/S:82 "Nightstrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE (=A=)
DeepSix
ComNet Initiate

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  193
May 28, 2011 6:24:33 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
@Caeus - no. When you asked if you could implement your own NPCs i said it was fine so long as they were serving on the ISD or on other squadrons. Other as in not the same you were using. Furthermore all NPCs will eventually end up placed in Gamma flight - a decision that realistically makes no sense but one that would at least keep things simple. That means there'd be little chance of having Gamma members act as wingmates for those in either Alpha or Beta flights. Long story made short - edit your post and take out Olza. Feel free to afterward reimplement the NPC and interact with it either when stationed aboard the ISD, when enjoying some leave or maybe when having some larger space battle to deal with.

@Speed i'm pretty sure i've seen you attempt another return a few months back... Anyways, as the roster would have it i'm your boss

[This message has been edited by DeepSix (edited May 28, 2011 6:26:15 AM)]
StOrMz
ComNet Sultan
Imperial Baronet

StOrMz

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1589
Total Posts:  2218
May 28, 2011 8:03:43 AM    View the profile of StOrMz 
Welcome back,  Speed.
Naval High Command
NCC|Rear Admiral StOrMz|NHC|VEN|VE

First Naval Fleet
C-SCAP|Rear Admiral|mSSD Atrus|Task Force: Aurek|First Fleet|VEN|VE

[NSM][IG][SWC][SRC][BI][IGC]
(=A=)(=^SA^=)(=ME=)(=*MAE*=)(=FOCE=)(=*TG*=)(=*ENG*=)(=*BO*=)(=AFM=)(=VM=)(=COM=)

Imperial Baronet of Kashyyyk
Caeus
ComNet Novice

Caeus

Post Number:  40
May 28, 2011 11:05:53 AM    View the profile of Caeus 
Ah, thanks, I'll edit it.
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Nightshrike Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:36:15 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 81  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >