Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  47
Total Posts:  151
  RE: Nightshrike Topic
August 6, 2011 9:53:04 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
Don't worry mate, I understand.

/me lost internet from Wednesday to yesterday

Also, I can be woken up after the fight, as it's exhaustion and not injuries that caused me to go down. I may get bacta treatments for my horns but other than that it's bruises, etc.

Also, I'd like to see all 'Shrikes preparing for the upcoming 2nd fleet mission. Whether it's cooperating at the beginning to work someone else into your introduction or planning on working with them in tandem at the beginning of the fight. If you can't get on IRC and you're uncaring on who joins you, you can simply post here on what you think you can include others in.
FM/PO2 Fy/B-2/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A 2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [=SUR=]
Aelin
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman (LCRW)

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  36
August 6, 2011 12:42:51 AM    View the profile of Aelin 
Sorry guys, just been a bit busy with a one-time coding job I landed last week. Don't wait on me for the squadron story, but don't end the fight until I show up and break it up.
Fyston
ComNet Novice

Fyston

Post Number:  48
August 6, 2011 12:56:17 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
I'll send a message to Dunny for you, he ended it a bit earlier but I doubt a conclusion post from Flensor, you, and Serpent would hurt.
FM/PO2 Fy/B-2/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A 2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [=SUR=]
Aelin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  7
August 6, 2011 12:58:10 AM    View the profile of Aelin 
Oh... whoops. Missed that post... nevermind then, I'll just write my intro later.
Fyston
ComNet Novice

Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)

Post Number:  55
August 14, 2011 7:03:36 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
Alright guys, Avvie's challenged our posting. She's declared a crime against us by declaring that we're not better than they are. It's time to make a stand for what we've fought so hard to gain.

I can't offer incentives like she can, but if you post more than me on Belegroth, you'll get 10,000 ICs, and I'm just a lowly FM.

Get an ancillary done, you get 5k.

Get a cert? 5k per part.

Also, I'd like to see everyone posting here when they can. I know RL's definitely more important, but I like to know when someone's been eaten by a shark or robbed by a snowman.

Anyone want to add to the pot?

EDIT: I'll also be keeping track of who gets what here. I shall be using the statistics posted at the end to avoid any "Uhh, I posted more than you. Just look at the story, it's up there now."

I plan to be posting relatively often, as soon as I have some backup.
FM/PO1 Fy/B-2/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A 2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA] [=SUR=] (CAR)
[This message has been edited by Fyston (edited August 15, 2011 10:16:11 PM)]
Echelon
ComNet Initiate

Echelon

Post Number:  111
Total Posts:  546
August 15, 2011 8:11:32 PM    View the profile of Echelon 
Fyston! Taking control of the squad! Good work. If I had the authority, I would promote you. I might even recomend it to someone who does...

Between you and me. I'm going to take the Fearless on a joy ride and I plan to crash it into the Halcyon Warrior. So I would vacate the ship at that time. XD
BO/PO2 Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/ICF II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE [SoA] [NAR] [CAR] [=ENG=]
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  857
Total Posts:  1047
August 21, 2011 7:15:40 PM    View the profile of Amacuse 
Hey Nightshrike!  I haven't heard from you guys in a while!  Say... if y'all start posting, I'll throw some bonus ICs on what Fyston is offering.

I would love to see some competition between you guys and Regents, so... let's light this shindig!
Cayden Tavers : Warrant Officer 1st Class : LCR Cerulean : Vast Empire Navy

SCAP : WO1 Cayden Amacuse Tavers : LCR Cerulean : TF: Aurek : 1st Fleet : VEN : VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
DeepSix
ComNet Cadet

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  255
Total Posts:  973
August 22, 2011 3:03:25 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
First of all quantity doesn't automatically also mean quality. Whilst the former is nice and somewhat impressive perhaps it is always the latter you all should concern yourselves with.

Secondly it is in fact much more important to post often than to post once with one giant mini-novel. You are of course free to do that, especially if you have the time, the mood and who knows you're maybe just trying to make up for lost time whilst you weren't around

Thirdly I wouldn't mind offering some proper monetary incentive but at the same time I'm also not sure whether it would really have an effect or not. Here's a question to all you NS minions - would you indeed post more/better if money were to be provided as a reward? It's not a trick question either. Granted you'll look bad if you say yes but so long as it's the truth and your activity/quality increases as a result I would really not mind resorting to such a system.

Fourthly, if the HW is ever going to be destroyed I demand to be notified beforehand so that I may take my squadron... or at least just my own fighter out for a spin at the time of the terrible and regrettable incident

Fifthly -such an ugly word- Amacuse the reason you haven't heard from the squadron in a while is cause you were retired for said while I agree some competition would be nice by the way.

Speaking of competition and nice however - Hear ye! Hear ye! The following is an announcement of great, huge and even gigantic importance to all the NS underlings lurking around. Once the current Fleet story ends I'll be appointing one of you squadron executive officer. That's right my evil gremlins, you'll get a chance to rise in the world, or at least the roster. More power, more dough but also more responsibility as well. Seriously, you need to be responsible. Your first and most important task will be to make me, I mean us, look good. Other tasks exist but they're boring and I'll only get into them if and when you actually take the job.

Over time you've all gained and lost brownie points thanks to various acts and initiatives you've taken. I will consider those too when making my decision. Know however that there is still enough time for any of you to pull a fast one on your competition. The current story is still young and I for one am much more interested in a decent SXO that can be around now rather than maybe waiting for a great one that only pops in once in a blue moon. That being said you're all now free to start impressing me. Official story activity and quality will likely count the most, trainings and other stories will also score fairly high, completing strange tasks in the IRC channel and keeping silent about them will also matter as well...

So regardless of your motivation - financial, wanting to beat the Regents, wanting to take over the squadron - I expect to see you all try your damnedest in the coming weeks.

And now to finish with this initiative's motto - "Be smart, be cunning, be greedy, be ruthless, be vengeful, be the bloody best!"

SC/WO2 DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Nameless/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=]

TRN/INI DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

Post Number:  859
August 22, 2011 3:17:27 PM    View the profile of Amacuse 
Cause I feel like being a good sport... Hear Hear!!! 

And... even when retired, I still keep one eye open for when Regents starts to get beaten by you guys.  :P  I'm always watching... even when I'm blind, I'm watching...  Just watching though... nothing else...

EDIT: And yes, I shall still be paying those credits forward at the conclusion of the story, as promised.  I keep my promises.

SCAP : WO1 Cayden Amacuse Tavers : LCR Cerulean : TF: Aurek : 1st Fleet : VEN : VE

[This message has been edited by Amacuse (edited August 22, 2011 3:18:09 PM)]
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Vice Captain (VCAP)

Post Number:  1499
Total Posts:  2191
August 22, 2011 4:39:09 PM    View the profile of Drac 
A quick note: I applaud the competition Deep has set forth for you guys. May the best pilot win and gain the SXO position. That said, none of you have it yet, nor FL positions. Remember that fictional though it may be, the Navy runs just like a real military. If you don't have the authority to give orders, you don't try to. You make suggestions. *glances at one or two people who know who they are*

Ambition is all well and good. Just remember that not reining it in and controlling it can cause it to harm your chances rather than helping them.

-Drac
FC/VCAP Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Commander Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
"Think Ackbar, but Imperial."
Aelin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  13
August 24, 2011 10:17:12 PM    View the profile of Aelin 
Hey, I think Stewart's back. Somebody pinch me.
Stewart-Power
ComNet Member

Stewart-Power

Post Number:  690
Total Posts:  698
August 24, 2011 10:17:51 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
Oy, but I like the way you think, because you're right. I am back...
XO/WO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/B-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)[MC2][MC1][SoL]

Clearly Canadian!
Aelin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  14
August 24, 2011 10:20:36 PM    View the profile of Aelin 
Welcome back I'm Maroy, fyi.

Just a quick heads-up, we actually were planning on using your character in this story. Might want to grab Amacuse or I on IRC or via PM for the details.
Stewart-Power
ComNet Member

Stewart-Power

Post Number:  691
Total Posts:  698
August 24, 2011 10:22:07 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
Go ahead, I'm completely fine (and encourage) the use of my character. I like to hear about me (I'm a bit self-centered like that... )
XO/WO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/B-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)[MC2][MC1][SoL]

Clearly Canadian!
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

Post Number:  1507
August 25, 2011 12:16:22 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Welcome back, SP. Wow...we're up to...three Mon Calamari? Our plan is working. Eventually these silly humans will be supplanted by their rightful amphibian overlords! Muwahahahahahaha!

*ahem* Nothing to see here...move along...

-Drac
Chief of Naval Warfare
Trykon
ComNet Member

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Acolyte

Post Number:  849
Total Posts:  3784
August 25, 2011 12:18:50 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
"These aren't the dorks you're looking for..."

SCAP/WO1 Wyl Trykon/CR90 Defiance/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
XNT/WO1 Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][DSM]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AC Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

Post Number:  868
August 25, 2011 12:23:26 AM    View the profile of Amacuse 
I'm not afraid of the fishy people... because I love the fishy people... and they love me... because they won't kill me... because they love me...

DeepSix
ComNet Cadet

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  259
August 25, 2011 7:21:44 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
/me ponders on bringing this matter to Driver

I'll need his input regarding whether or not we should allow the fishies their fake sense of security a bit longer, thus encouraging them to multiply some more... or whether to go about our original plan of massacring them all and making sea food and caviar out of 'em...

That said welcome back Stewart. As soon as you unpack or whatever you fish people do when you get back, note we have a new story undergoing. Hop on it as soon as you can cause it shows a fair deal of promise thus far.

In the interest of fairness I'll keep the current NS contest going. Some friendly competition should continue motivating the members into giving it their all and as a result I will end up having more choices to pick from and whoever will end up getting picked will be able to stand proud and defend his position by saying he was simply better. This will prevent any power struggles in the future... at least for some time yet to come.

Now move out little gremlins, move out and make me a happy SC!

SC/WO2 DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Nameless/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=]

Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

Post Number:  1509
August 25, 2011 12:10:21 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Considering none of our Mon Cals are female, exactly how are you plannig on getting caviar? *shudders at the whole idea*

-Drac
Chief of Naval Warfare
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COMD)

Post Number:  1759
Total Posts:  1957
August 25, 2011 2:06:16 PM    View the profile of Atrasin 
FYI: Deep, i have 3 oil barrels of cocktail sauce, and one of tartar sauce for the eventual Mon Cal Holocaust.
CNO|COMD Atrasin|ISD Iron Duke|TF:A|1Flt|VEN|VE [=A=][=^SA^=][=^ME^=][=*MA*=][=FOCE=][=*TG*=][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][MC1]{BWC}[NSR:1]{SAS}{SWC}(SOL)[LSM][VC:B][DSM][VC:S]
Vacuus Ordo, Nex  -Without Order, Death
All a man can betray is his conscience. - Joseph Conrad
We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. - Henry V
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George S. Patton Jr.
Trykon
ComNet Member

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Acolyte

Post Number:  852
Total Posts:  3784
August 25, 2011 2:37:18 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Drac's comment re:caviar caused spontaneous laughter that was difficult to quell.

SCAP/WO1 Wyl Trykon/CR90 Defiance/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
XNT/WO1 Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][DSM][SWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AC Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Dunny
ComNet Initiate

Dunny

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  438
August 25, 2011 8:41:02 PM    View the profile of Dunny 
Yea, laptop's barely working and only way I can get internet is to sneak online - plus, I lost all my motivation. Consider me still on leave, mkay?
FM/PO2 Sam Jack "Dunny" Dunn/A-3/
S:82 "Nightshrike"/W:245 'Halcyon Warrior'
TF:A/Flt1/SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA][M1][NAR]
[1vM] [Scout][SfM]

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
StOrMz
ComNet Sultan
Imperial Baronet

StOrMz

[VE-NAVY] Vice Admiral (VADM)
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger
[VE-VEHC] Vice Admiral*

Post Number:  1671
Total Posts:  2218
August 31, 2011 8:30:22 AM    View the profile of StOrMz 
Drac wrote:Welcome back, SP. Wow...we're up to...three Mon Calamari? Our plan is working. Eventually these silly humans will be supplanted by their rightful amphibian overlords! Muwahahahahahaha!

*ahem* Nothing to see here...move along...

-Drac

We're just storing up to make the VE enough Calamari to go around.
Dunny
ComNet Initiate

Dunny

Post Number:  107
September 29, 2011 1:23:21 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Making good progress on negotiating internet access with the parents - so I MAY return to active duty in a week or two.

But daymn, catching up is gonna be hell. Anyone wanna give me a hand on that?
FM/PO1 Sam Jack "Dunny" Dunn/A-3/
S:82 "Nightshrike"/W:245 'Halcyon Warrior'
TF:A/Flt1/SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA][M1(x2)][NAR]
[1vM] [Scout][SfM]

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
DeepSix
ComNet Cadet

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  277
September 29, 2011 6:40:32 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
1-2 weeks? There's a good possibility the current story will be almost over or even ended by that time considering one of Drac's former posts in the fleet thread.

Quick overview of the mission so far - VE gets ambushed by two distinct fleets (IR and NR). We put up a fight but steadily get pushed back. More IR reinforcements arrive and we're now basically on the run. It is unknown whether we'll retreat for good or whether some other event will occur.

I'll be able to provide further and more detailed information when you return.

SC/WO1 DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Nameless/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=]

Dunny
ComNet Initiate

Dunny

Post Number:  109
October 25, 2011 6:27:22 PM    View the profile of Dunny 
deepsix wrote:Thirdly I wouldn't mind offering some proper monetary incentive but at the same time I'm also not sure whether it would really have an effect or not. Here's a question to all you NS minions - would you indeed post more/better if money were to be provided as a reward?

Apparently not, in my case. Reporting in or whatever - got reliable, daily net access back.
[This message has been edited by (edited October 25, 2011 7:56:50 PM)]
Amacuse
ComNet Member
Imperial Benefactor

Amacuse

Post Number:  936
November 9, 2011 1:20:20 PM    View the profile of Amacuse 
*BUMP*

cause, you know... it's too quiet in here... and I'm technically assigned here... technically...

oh yeah... I'm working on a post for both the story and an ancillary skill (are we still doing those?) so... I'm not dead... just... reanimating... slowly... but surely...
Cayden Tavers : Warrant Officer 1st Class : 82nd Nightshrike Squadron : Vast Empire Navy

WO1 : Cayden "Amacuse" Tavers : B-2 : 82nd Nightshrike Squadron : 245th Scimitar Wing : 1st Fleet : SFC : VEN : VE

Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

Post Number:  1645
November 24, 2011 3:00:33 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Ancillaries are still good to go.

What's up Shrikes? Happy holiday season, everyone. Now: what're you guys wanting to do for your next mission? Let's see some discussion and planning so Deep can set out a mission that everyone'll enjoy.

-Drac
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Vice Captain Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
Fyston
ComNet Novice

Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer (CPO)

Post Number:  86
November 29, 2011 10:23:12 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
Alright, now that Thanksgiving is over with (got called out to a stabbing on Black Friday. Fun, right?) and I'm finished with the majority of my papers, my ending post will be up by today!

On the topic of a unit mission, Serpent had a great idea back in August. Here's the DM, which was way before the 2nd fleet story.
Serpent wrote:Simple scenario.  A small bunch of pirates (a small capital ship and a group of mis-matched fighters) are fishing in the spacelanes.  They use the old pirate tactic of dragging an asteroid into a well-used jump route and using its mass to pull ships from hyperspace to prey on them.  Alas, this time the pirates pull not a cargo ship, but the Halcyon Warrior.

Seeing an Imp Star Deuce they run.  Drac gives the order to get the pirates, and it seems like an easy victory in the making.  Alas, one of the pirates knows this.  Seeing execution in his future if he is caught, he turns his fighter about and rams the Halcyon.  In a million to one shot, his fighter roars into the hangar bay just as we lower shields there to launch the Nightshrikes.  The pirate fighter explodes, wrecking the bay, and setting off secondary explosions.

Chaos ensues.  As crewmen rush to contain the damage (giving Drac and I a chance to get our uniforms dirty directing the clean-up efforts and rescuing people from burning wreckage) we cannot launch TIEs.  Only a handful of Nightshikes (you guys) launched before the hit, and they find themselves in space fighting all of the pirates alone with no backup!

Imperial victory is guaranteed, but the pirates' suicidal tactics turn a simple situation into a complicated one and provide some good roleplaying opportunities for all of us.  What do you all think?  It still needs work, so I’m looking for suggestions.
FM/PO1 Fy/B-2/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Scimitar/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A 2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA] [=^SUR^=] (CAR)
Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAPT)

Post Number:  1659
November 29, 2011 3:19:09 PM    View the profile of Drac 
I still love the idea, but it's complicated by Shrike not currently being stationed on the Warrior. I'll speak with G about it.

-Drac
TFC/CAPT Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Besh/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Captain Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Nightshrike Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:07:27 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 116  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >