Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
LeGiT
ComNet Novice

LeGiT

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  326
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 28, 2007 4:16:38 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
Brock and Baretz followed the path leading into the corridor halls with Giovanni half passed out from the barbarous drinking he had. Luckystar and Finch soon followed thither as they exchanged conversations and making muttering understatements about Giovanni’s condition. As Brock expected, Giovanni was already used to consuming this amount of alcohol that may have saved him from a deep coma. That can have easily caused of his squad’s attention turn towards his situation, rather than the mission. Brock was glad this never happened in the end. But either way, he felt partially guilty for not stopping him.

Giovanni laid his hands on top of Brock’s and Baretz shoulders, he was perplexed and discomforted as they took the fastest route to the corridors. Hastening his phase, Brock drew closer to Giovanni’s quarters and took the identification key from his pocket. Brock called in for the help of Luckystar as he let go Giovanni’s hand from his shoulder.

“I need you to hold him up and put him steady on the bed.”

“Okay… I don’t know if I can keep this up, but I’ll try.” Luckystar fixed her posture before letting Giovanni’s hand rest on her shoulder.

Brock slid the key that gained him access to the room, and kept it wide open for the crew to come in. Luckystar who couldn’t bear the heavily drunken corpse, breathed in and out as her steps got louder and louder. Luckystar and Baretz laid the man on the bed, where he woke after the moment of impact.

“What the hell…” Giovanni responded in a tedious voice, as he looked over many directions with his eyes halve opened to see where he was and why in the world did they drop hin so harshly on the bed.

Luckystar whistled as she nodded her head from side to side.

“Sorry about that Gio, I just couldn’t hold you for that long.” She gave him an apology, and Giovanni replied silently; giving her an honest look of forgiveness.

Brock took some time to prepare some herbal tea that he acclaims to have a powerful effect against any sickness. At least he thought. But this will hopefully tranquilize Giovanni until the morning. The others saluted the drunken man and returned to their quarters one by one. In the meantime Brock was opening up two packs of Tea and slightly stuck them into a glass that was later filled with boiling water. He let it cool for a second and turned his attention to Giovanni who was almost sound asleep but still conscious enough to hear even the smallest things. Brock took a laid back seat near the door…

“Hey Giovanni, this tea has helped me in many cases when I used to be in your condition long ago. This can really help you get a hold of yourself tomorrow without feeling much pain. Take this before you sleep, and you’ll see that you will be feeling a lot better next morning.” Brock whispered while slapping Giovanni out of slumber a few times.

Giovanni opened his eyes wide and nodded his head upright. He was indeed a drunken man, but at least he had the heart to take Brock’s words for a minute. Brock handed the drink and helped him stand up right on the bed. Giovanni without much thinking took the horrible tasting Tea and chugged it, just like he did with his shots. Brock took a moment to salute him before he sounded fast asleep.

As Brock quietly walked out of his room and closed the door with careful precision, he pondered to himself as he saw his squad leader snore through the night.

I hope he’ll be alright, because if he’s not then I’ll make sure he gets stumped on his foot for taking that much alcohol. Brock thought in fear of serious intoxication that can someday threaten Giovanni’s life, like it did to him many years ago.
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1138
Total Posts:  2382
November 28, 2007 5:11:13 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Twelve bobsleds, seven squads and a command...  Riqimo was doing some of the math.  Six people per sled, command obviously gets their own unless they maybe hitch a ride with another squad.  Average of maybe eight per squad.  Assume one has six...  That is ten sleds for six squads... then one sled for each makes four.  One full squad will get two sleds, others will simply be sharing one with another squad.  Wonderful preparations.

Riqimo felt out of place on the ISD Dominion as he worked through the corridors in his snowtrooper armor, sans helmet.  Everyone else was either in a technition outfit, pilots returning or heading to a shift.  Only the occasional on duty Stormtrooper patrol in the hall caused him to nod acknowledgement.  Even then, he was certainly out of place due to the sharp contrast between his armor and the standard plating.  About now, the basic surveillance probes would have been launched towards the planet to determine the best possible landing site for the Imperials and identify any hostile areas.  Hopefully there would be some identification of any local fauna, Riq wasn’t too keen about not knowing what he was going against, especially the natural element.  Illum taught him that quite well that the local wildlife could be an enemy even more cunning than many sentients.

The key factor on Illum wasn’t the enemy or the generally ugly wildlife, but the weather.  Snow, ice, wind, it all affected combat severely.  It was the great equalizer, not only affected the troopers, but their equipment.  Snow could melt from the heat of the blaster barrel, and then harden to ice.  The process could repeat itself several times until the weapon exploded, not quite the desired effect.  The traction on the boots didn’t give much help when running either, only when they were at least walking fast.  Riq felt there was going to be plenty of running though, there always was.

The briefing played in Riq’s mind, first stage of their operation was recon, and Eclipse was the long range recon squad.  So basically they would be even more on their own unless Rizz had other things in mind for the squad.  And knowing how these sort of missions turned out, it was highly unlikely that any squad would be doing what they were specialized to do.  Save Raiders, who had the lucky multi-environment specialty.  At least some folks are a little more used to snowtrooper armor than I am.

Riq chuckled, it always seemed funny to him that he never had a true recon mission in all his time here with Eclipse, which just so happened to be the whole history of Eclipse.  Quite annoying, but it became a squad joke that they ought to change their specialty to Do-It-All.  Not a bad idea, just a few bits of paperwork... ugh paperwork, maybe not...
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
ViperX
ComNet n00b

ViperX

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  9
November 28, 2007 6:32:20 PM    View the profile of ViperX 
Viper consumed as much possible alcohol as he could without passing out. He rubbed his watering eyes, the fumes from his squad leaders burning shots drifting over into his eyes. Viper watched as Gio collapsed, going out cold.

Viper chuckled, but then realized that very thing may be getting him killed the next day. Viper sighed and rested his face in his hands again.

Viper listened the best he could to the man next to him, Baretz, who was trying to give him an inspirational speech...somewhat. Viper nodded at the man muttered, "I'm Viper. Nice to meet you."

Viper noticed Gio was awakening from his "slumber" and that his squad mates were carrying him away. He slammed down his drink and followed them, whispering a few curses. So many thoughts were running through his mind and he was blanking out. At one point he would just stop and stare dumbly and then he would start walking again.

When the squad arrived in their quarters, Viper leaned in the corner, his arms crossed. His eyes scanned over each and every one of them making sure he knew their name and rank. He tried to memorize it the best he could, because he knew he would need to know it in the battle to come.

Viper sighed and mumbled, "Does he always get that drunk?" I hope not... Viper thought. His heart sped up for a second and a became a little sweaty. Is this man going to get me killed? was the only thing Viper could think of.
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  144
Total Posts:  275
November 28, 2007 7:05:02 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako finally woke fully.  He looked around the quarters, noticing a few of his squadmates moving about and talking.

He sent Leon a message:

"Kadann is still alive isn't he?"

"Yeah.  That's an odd question to ask though."

"Yeah.  I guess.  I had an odd dream.  He was the spirit of Sith Christmas Future.  Told me that if I didn't get in the spirit, the VE would face a horrible split.  Couldn't have that.  An order is an order, even if it is from the spirit of a guy that ain't dead yet."

Mako went on to open up a ration pack and get some grub down.  His few hours of disturbed sleep had done him well, despite the way he felt now.

"Still havin bad dreams Mako?" Leon had asked.

"No.  Still feel a little drunk though."

He watched as Leon left the room,and finished his ration pack.  These things were starting to taste better at least, though it could have just been  the fact that he hadn't eaten any real food in a few months.

He decided to gather up his weapons and check them one last time.  Heavy flame thrower: check. DC-17 Combat System: check.  DC-15/s Blaster pistol: Check.  Wrist lasers: Check.

Mako looked at the vibro-knucklers, and thought long and hard about packing them.  He still had the last use of them burned hard into his mind.  He packed them onto his belt, but decided that this time they would only come out in an emergency.

Mako felt better after the food, but his stomach was raw from all of the liquor.  Mako looked around for some tums or something, and finding nothing decided to flood his system for water.

He went into the bathroom and started drinking from the faucet, taking long gulps of the cold water.  The water seemed unnaturally cold, seemingly as a result of its unguarded exposure to space, with only the ships armored hull between it and the vast depths of blackness outside.

Mako came back out of the bathroom, feeling very refreshed.  He hoped that he had not made too much of an ass out of himself in front of everyone.  He didn't normally drinkm and usually never in public.

Mako looked over at Orobos and offered the whiphid a hopeful smile.  "I think Leon went to get your armor" he said to the warrior.

"How is your hand doing? You getting used to the new attachment?"
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Mako Sanguin (edited November 28, 2007 10:59:13 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  884
Total Posts:  1920
November 28, 2007 7:12:12 PM    View the profile of Dante 
That's it. I knew the High Command was uncaring, but this is...
It's suicide.

Dante had coolly listened several hours earlier as Rizzit had mentioned bobsleds. He wasn't sure what he had expected but it hadn't been this.

Dozens of angular, dull grey shapes were clustered together in the bay, with personnel and droids scattered between them. It was the shape that had caught Dante's attention.

The damn things look like the bastard offspring of a cross between a hover-platform and a BARC speederbike.

"They had better be more effective than they look, or  I'll be walking to the target." Dante muttered under his breath.

A matte-black repair droid was manipulating several tools, evidently making some last minute repairs. Sparks shot out from a console and the distressed robot made high pitched squeals as it attempted to undo the damage.

They look like they need weeks, not minutes of repairs.

The sleds were fairly large, with propulsion systems mounted in their back ends and several passenger seats. Dante could see the laser cannons gleaming on top of the sleds, and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were fairly high caliber. Taking a closer look from the hallway, he noted, with approval, the mountings where troopers could place other weapons.

Who knows? Maybe the enemy will be shocked by their ugliness long enough for us to open fire.

Dante shook his head in an attempt to clear it.

I think that was what's left of the alcohol talking...
I'd better pull myself together ;I can't go into battle with impared judgment.

Dante looked through a porthole and saw only black, occasional marred by streaks of blue light. He then turned around and headed back to the barracks to suit up and get ready for the mission.

TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances."
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 28, 2007 7:16:46 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  628
Total Posts:  903
November 28, 2007 7:22:05 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
“Is it larger than a datapad?”

“No, not individually.”

“Is it snow?”

“Dammit. How’d you know?”

“A lucky guess,” Arnaut laughed out, swinging his hand in a sweeping motion around the area they were in. Snow was falling thick, obscuring everything except Carnon, who stood idly at Arnaut’s side, kicking the ground with his foot.

“It’ll be a better one next time,” he muttered. Unluckily for them, there wouldn’t be a next time. Shots started to fly over head, blindly fired but still near enough to make Arnaut flinch. He hit the ground, and the snow already started to cover his body. Carnon, who had gone prone at about the same time, bellied his way over to his squad leader.

“Which way’d that come from?” he asked hesitantly, peering up and out of the snow. There wasn’t anything to see, just more snow fluttering down from the gray sky.

“Hell if I know,” Arnaut replied. He scanned through the flurry again. He really had no clue how the enemy had found them first. Arnaut thought he’d been so careful. Oh well, they were here now. Time to deal with it.

“Nothing to do but give them a little of their own medicine,” Arnaut said, and fired off in the general direction of the first shots. Silence. Nothing but the whistle of the wind passing by his helmet and the flurries of snow. And then there was an explosion, blasting up snow and chunks of ice a few meters to their left, tearing a hole in the otherwise perfect snow layer.

“Frig! They got more grenades!” Arnaut said, looking at the crater in the snow.

“I saw where that came from, sir,” Carnon said excitedly, pointing out into the snow. Indeed, where he pointed, ever so faintly, it looked as if there were figures moving. Arnaut blasted in their direction just to be sure and was pleased with the muffled screams he heard over the roar of the wind.

“Up and at ‘em! We’ve got them!” Arnaut and Carnon were on their feet and moving now, running toward the two enemies through the snow. Arnaut met the first one head on, and shot him through the chest. There was a ding noise in Arnaut’s helmet, but he ignored it for now. He turned to the second trooper. He was the real threat.

The man grabbed Arnaut’s A280 as soon as he turned and tossed it into the snow. Arnaut flipped out his knife just in time to block the savage blow the other man launched at him with his fist. The man stumbled back, blood jetting from the gash through his glove, but he seemed to ignore the pain. Using the injured hand, he whipped out a vicious looking pistol and squeezed off a round of shots at Arnaut’s head.

Arnaut dodged them. Barely. Rolling through the soft padding of snow, he too pulled out his pistol. He’d lost his knife somewhere in the snowdrifts and he was too far to make use of it anyway. The first few shots blew into his opponent’s shoulder guard and threw him off his feet. Arnaut was on him in a second. He unsheathed the two knives built into his bracers and leapt, coming down hard on the man. There was a ding again.

“Damn you,” the man’s voice said into Arnaut’s comlink piece.

“Anytime,” Arnaut replied cordially, before turning around.

Carnon, behind him, had just finished off the last two of the patrol. He put a round through the last man’s head, and the corpse slumped to the ground.

“Looks like we won,” Carnon smiled, just before the simulation exercise closed.

Arnaut stepped out and into the musty air of the VSD Dominion’s simulation room. He was breathing hard, he realized, and slowed his breathing quickly. He didn’t want to appear flustered.

Still cursing, Kanderin stumbled out of his simulation at about the same time as Carnon.

“I had those bots set to level nine, too,” Kanderin mumbled, rubbing the hand that Arnaut had ‘virtually’ stabbed subconsciously.

“Yeah, well, we were a bit better.”

“And it helped that you gave away your position so easily,” Carnon laughed.

“Yeah, well, they don’t make these bots very smart anymore, apparently,” Kanderin grumbled, stalking out of the room.

“Up for a bit of one on one?” Arnaut asked, already moving back toward his machine.

“With this much time to kill? Of course!”
Gunnery Sergeant Arnaut
SL/GSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [ES2] [EW2]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Finch
ComNet Novice

Finch

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  71
November 28, 2007 7:33:16 PM    View the profile of Finch 
For the first time in a very, very long time, Finch was grinning. It was very uncharacteristic of the young woman, who more often than not was stoic and reserved. The sight of her Squad Leader so comically incapacitated was just humorous enough to cause her to smile so big it actually hurt.

Done with alcohol. Riiighhht.

Once they got their SL to his bed, the rest of the squad seemed very much done with him. Let him get a hangover, serves him right. Only Brock seemed to be trying to give a helping hand.

It didn't make sense to Finch, however, to leave the poor man to power through whatever repercussions might come the next day. Not only that, he had to lead their squad, and she was not looking forward to having him at less than peak condition.

"Right, Gio, dear," Finch soothed, digging into the pouch on her waist until she found what she was looking for. Qualone. She popped out a pill, settling down on the bed next to her SL. "Take this, it'll help." She popped the pill into his mouth, making sure the man swallowed the pill before she set off. She would check up on him the next day, make sure that the Qualone was running its course before the mission.

Glancing to the new recruit, she studied him carefully before looking away. It was good to log features away into her mind to identify friend from foe, she'd always found.

"Brock," She said softly, looking up at the tall man. God, why were they all so tall? The petite woman cast him a questioning glance. "What was that brew? It smelled quite disgusting."

Corporal Ievit Olphert

TRP/CPL Finch/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES-1C][EW-1C]

Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  886
November 28, 2007 7:35:33 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante walked into the room that had been set aside for the Raiders and was greeted by the sight of several bottles on the floor and a sizable pool of vomit.

Which damn son-of-a-Sith decided it would be funny to spend his time FUBARing some other squad's room?

Dante gingerly stepped closer to the pool of vomit and picked up the emptied bottles. He then threw them into the trash compactor chute, where they made a satisfying crash.

Why can't some fools clean up their own messes? Oh well, he's probably lying somewhere with a nasty hangover and regretting overindulging.
The semi-solid substance had found its way through gaps in the floor's  metal plating, filling the air with an unpleasant odor. Dante took one sniff and instantly regretted it.

Essence of Hutt slime. Absolutely wonderful. If I find the voidbrain who did this...

Stepping around the foul smelling puddle, Dante carefully took off his armour piece by piece, placing on his bunk as he did so.
Just because I might never use it again doesn't mean I shouldn't be careful with it. I survived Illum didn't I?

Dante then started to put on his snowtrooper armour. The padded suit took longer than usual to put on, and the heating system was a nightmare, thanks to his padded gloves. The sticky heat caused by the slightly above normal temperature of the SD didn't help either.

Don't complain. Soon, you'll probably be wishing it was more effective.

Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 28, 2007 7:41:57 PM)]
Blackout
ComNet Initiate

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  154
Total Posts:  199
November 28, 2007 8:09:50 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Well, welcome back. It's been a while since we last talked. I have still been sitting here, dozing of and on, being awoken every once and a while by the sound of the garbage compactor right next to us. Gimp and Saph haven't returned yet, I don't even want to know what's going on. Right now though I know one thing, they are out there and I am sitting in here, with the stench still lingering.

“Jelly, I am heading out.” I got up and headed towards the door. Wasn't much of a door more like a plywood board, at least that's what I saw it as. Really it was a sliding metal door that creaked as it moved. and I thought the Army was top notch

As I walked down the hall the smells of Wicket's air fresheners and the old garbage stench started to dissipate.

It was actually kind of refreshing, to get out of there that was until that intercom rang.

'Landing in one hour' I didn't know it was that close, and I should have left the compactor earlier, but I didn't so it didn't matter.

well this is just great.

Now all I can do is get ready, I mean it's just one thing after another, but that's what comes with the armor, isn't it?
TRP/CPL Blackout/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[BoH] [VUA-Eclipse]  [EW Ix2]

VE=My anti-Drug

[Img] http://rizzit.stormtroopercorps.com/rewards/Eclipse/Blackout.jpg[/img]
Alater Osted
ComNet Member

Alater Osted

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  330
Total Posts:  614
November 28, 2007 8:16:35 PM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
Alater looked down at the snowtrooper armor with a slight twist of disgust on his scaley face. The armor, supposedly made to keep troopers warm and save in the harshest of cold conditions looked more like regular stormtrooper armor with a pretty hat. The HUD of the helmet was a bit of an improvement, if an annoyance to himself. Usually Alater just went without any sort of head dress as it got in his way, but for now he would have to don the darned thing in hopes of keeping his core tempature high.

The size of the ship was astonishing, even to Alater. He had been inside the belly of greater beasts, but still it never failed to amaze how one could walk for kilometers before reaching the other end. The thing was also a seemingly endless maze as well, twists and turns leading to turboshafts and turning back on themselves.

Alater wrapped on the door with a claw and waited for the response. A faint clatter and the sound of things moved about came and in a minute the door slid open. Infront of him stood Sergeant Fre'nel, the quartermaster Alater had come to trust with his special equipment. A decently sized man, he was fit as most quartermasters are, with a sort of deeper intelligence hidden within his eyes.

"Ah, my favorite customer. What can I do for you Alater?" The quartermaster said, inviting him inside the armory where several men were about doing their work. He clasped Alater's great hand in his own huge maw and shook with the intensity Alater had come to respect in the pink skin.

"My armor, it is not made for my heart." Alater said, holding out his armor. Sergeant Fre'nel took it with a minor look of confusion before it donned on him.

"Oh! You meen you being a reptile and cold blooded and all. Yea, I'll see what I can do. I'll make sure it's as hot as a day on Barab-I in here for you. Come see me in a little while and I should have it ready." He said, seeming to completely forget Alater as he turned back to his workshop and head straight to work.
TRP/SGT Alater Osted/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC]
Sagenhaft Deutscher
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  210
Total Posts:  1385
November 28, 2007 8:30:53 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Finishing her meal, Saph leaned back and streached. She was more awake now then a few minutes ago. Not that anyone could tell from just looking at her.

A whole hour...that's going to feel like forever.

Thinking to herself as she slid out from her chair. The metal  legs scrapping along the not so shiny floor, making an uncomfertable sound.  Lekku twitching she reached over and grabbed her tray and took it over to the cleaning droid and walked out.

"well, I don't see where the rest of my squad is.. I might as well go see if they lived threw the night.."

Speaking to herself as her boots tapped gently on the floor. Smiling mentally, she thought of how they all must have reacted to  having to sleep in such a place. Luckly for herself she had found other means of a better place to sleep.

It's not like anyone is going to do something about it anyway. They know better

Naturally speaking, Saph wasn't afarid of anything Doc could and would throw at her. Proving to her SL that she was who she was and nothign he could do would bend her.  Biting her lower lip the Twi'lik made her way down towards the quartermaster.

Saph wasn't too far off from that part of the ship. Thinking that walking around was going to be as good as she was going to get forany type of morning workout she picked up her pace and continued at a brisk pace. When she finially managed to arrive she paused by the door, catching the last sentance from one of them.

"Oh! You meen you being a reptile and cold blooded and all. Yea, I'll see what I can do. I'll make sure it's as hot as a day on Barab-I in here for you. Come see me in a little while and I should have it ready."

That I know is Alater...

She thought to herself, taking a deep breath. Saph streached once more to the right and  leaned against the wall as  Alater walked out.

"Let's hope he does a good job for you..."

Alater stopped, turning his head towards her and said nothing for a moment.

"You have a habit of just showing up.." He replied, ignoring her first sentance. The Twi'lik curled her lips up into a smile.

"It's just luck.. that's all..Have ya eaten yet?" She replied back with a shrug.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  111
Total Posts:  124
November 28, 2007 9:13:07 PM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
The one thing all his jobs seemed to share was the need for patience while on route to any mission, and that was the one thing Baretz didn't claim to have mastered.  His knuckles turned white as his fingers dug into his palms, and he turned marching from the rest of his squad, whom were just standing around bidding their time, he had to do something.  He wandered the halls, aimlessly, and it was in now just a waiting game until they arrived.  His patience was wearing thin, as well as his alcohol induced good mood, they seemed to writhe from his grasp faster each time.

His eyes fell on the two alien species speaking in a hallway.  One of the reason he joined the Empire was to get away from them.  He let several bad experience stain his entire view of different races, and now his lips curled, and a soft scoff might of been heard escaping his lips.  To this point, he knew they were in the Empire, but he had never had to share the same airspace as them.

"Pft."

His hands clenched again with silent racism, as his feet moved him forward through the halls past the pair of them, and his teeth clenched flexing the muscle at the back of his jaw.

TRP/LCPL baretz_sonok/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  144
November 28, 2007 9:32:07 PM    View the profile of Gimp 
Soon enough they would be planet side, getting shot at and returning the favor. They would be throwing grenades, or creeping through the snow, or stuck in a fierce blizzard. But they would be there, freezing their asses off.

Gimp had stayed in the repulsive room with the smell of garbage and the implied lack of respect. He probably couldn't eat and he wanted to get his mind in a state where it was used to ignoring bad conditions. About an hour to go and he was stretching, mind focused on the possibilities. His C3POD was cranked up high but he heard nothing except the screams and gurgling noises of some of the people he had killed.

His first battle was soon and not even the men in his head were talking. Bending over to touch his toes, all he saw was blood. Pulling his feet to stretch his quads, all he saw was blood. Jumping up and down, blood, blood, blood.

He had worked up a sweat and felt the need to stop. The lack of movement bringing him a sense of calm that coated the exterior of his mind and body. But just below the surface, hidden deep within his eyes, was rage.

He calmly collected the things he would need. Weapons found their alloted slots. Rations were stuffed where they may or may not fit. Helmet in hand he left the trash can looking for his squad sled.

His blades would get quite a workout before this day ended, though the E-11 may feel left out. He had been meaning to see what twin DoomBringers could do to a head point blank. most likely a rather gruesom scene. Today he would find out. He was ready for war.
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited November 28, 2007 9:38:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited November 28, 2007 9:45:10 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  753
Total Posts:  1091
November 28, 2007 9:59:12 PM    View the profile of Leon 

“Ugghh, c’mon, not now please!” Groaned Leon as he was slowly stirred awake. After realizing what had awoken him, Leon shot straight up, forgetting that there was a bunk above his. With a loud CLUNK he hit his head on one of the metal support beams, instantly knocking him back down. In a slight daze, Leon attempted to get up one more time, this time slow. Really slow. He opened and tightly shut his eyes a couple of times, trying to shake away the stars that were now creeping up on the sides of his vision.

“’Ey Sarge, you alright?” Called a worried Garryll.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it. That’s how I always start off when I wake up, its normal don’t worry about it,” said Leon, making a weak attempt to stand up only to drop back onto the mattress. “Alright… Maybe I’m not so fine after all,” chuckled Leon as he made another lame attempt to stand up. “Anyways, I gotta run. Rizzit sent me a message regarding Orobos’ armor, and I needa get it as soon as possible. And Mako, you still havin’ bad dreams?”

The young trooper turned away from his ration pack, looking to be in some sort of a daze. “No no, but I still feel kinda drunk… Teehee.”

“You’re a strange fellow, you know that? Well I’ll see you all later, bye!”

Leon swept the Data Pad off of his bunk and walked out of the room, rubbing a palm gently on his forehead. Activating the Data Pad, he quickly located the message and opened it, reading the contents within.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sergeant Leon,

Congrats on the promo first of all, and if you’re looking for a custom suit of armor for a Whiphid, then I suggest you check up with the Quarter Master of the ship. If he act’s rash, tell him Rizzit sent you, that should shut the old fart up. Either way, you’re most likely gonna have to scrounge for custom sized plates and basically weld them together, shouldn’t take to long though.

General Rizzit.

P.S: I don’t have a clue where he’s located, so ask one of the ship’s personnel.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Heh, this shouldn’t be so bad after all. Now I just have to get one of these ignorant Navy bastards to actually listen to me! Leon wouldn’t hold back now, and if he were to get their attention, he’d do it the right way. “Excuse me, can you-“

The man kept on walking.

Leon proceeded to approach the man from behind, grab him by the arm, and pull him off to the side of the corridor. “Excuse me, but I was talking to you,” Leon said, directly in the man’s face. “Now if you could be as so kind to guide me to the Quarter Master’s station. It’d be greatly appreciated. If not, then I’ll be forced to let my Higher up take care of the situation, would you like that?”

For a second, the officer almost looked as if he was going to rebel, but after a few seconds of thinking, kept his mouth shut. He knew better then to mess with a Soldier; he was outmatched in every way possible.

----- Five long awkward minutes later -----

“This is it; have fun finding your way back stormie.”

Leon mentally restrained himself, trying as hard as he possibly could to not sock the man in the back of the head. He turned his attention to the Quarter Master’s station. Various troopers could be seen grabbing weapons and armor. Some were just lounging about, and the rest were repairing damaged belongings, hoping for a chance to use them one last time in combat. Behind a counter that ran the length of the room, sat a chubby balding man, drinking a can of Imperial Pop. His attention was focused on a Holo Projector that was currently playing some unknown comedy show.

Leon walked up to the counter, hoping the Quarter Master would catch sight of him. Nothing. He began thrumming loudly on the metallic counter, hoping it would at least avert the man’s gaze. Still nothing. Leon yawned, trying to make it as loud and irritating as possible. Nothing…

“Excuse me, sir. I need some help, and I need it now.” Leon demanded.

“Hrm? Did you just try a-“

“You heard me. Rizzit sent me, and you know damn well that you don’t want to piss the man off.”

His chubby face turned a light shade of pink, and Leon half expected smoke to shoot out of the man’s ears. “What is it you need?” Asked the Quarter Master, trying to sound as polite as possible. What ever Rizzit had done to this guy, it must have been bad because he seemed scared.

“First, it’d be nice if you could show a little more damned respect. Second, I need to scrounge for some armor that I could place on a Whiphid. Have anything in mind?”

“Come ‘round here and I’ll see what I can get for you. He’s the standard two meter’s am I right?”

Leon nodded as he made his way behind the counter, following the Quarter Master into a storage room. “I’d also like it if you could put our Squad insignia on the left shoulder plate, that’d be much appreciated.”

“I’ll see what I can do, that’s asking for a little too much. I’ll try though.”

“Thanks.”

----- Half an Hour later -----

Leon found himself pushing a cart full of armor plating. He was slightly pleased at himself and his ability to get what he wanted, especially if it was for the good of his Squad. Orobos is gonna love the armor, can’t wait to see what he thinks.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
LeGiT
ComNet Initiate

LeGiT

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  326
November 28, 2007 10:10:33 PM    View the profile of LeGiT 
Giovanni is way passed over his head… Brock looked at Finch who was watching Giovanni and changed her sight to Brock.

“Hey, how about we go hang out and leave him here to rest up?” Finch stood upright who sighted at Brock and took the lead into the corridors.

Both of them where tired but weren’t under any circumstance going to sleep anytime soon. Even though it was near midnight and the mission was early in the morning. Brock as well as Finch needed a talk before going off to the mission, they felt quite unconfident at the time with each other. That can become a weakness in squad coherence on the battlefield. The first impression that Brock captured of Finch was nothing more than a regular short women, of about the same age as him, if not some years older. Brock’s first encounter with her didn’t quite turn out as he planned, or wanted it to end. She was kind of settled in her own space of thought in the shuttle, something that Brock didn’t want to take away from her at that time.

It was although really kind of her to extend him some courtesy after she saw him preoccupied for their squad leader, or maybe it wasn’t that, who knows really. These thoughts came into Brocks mind as they were walking of about the same phase in search of a small lounge where they can sit at and relax for the time being.

“So you’re Brock Vik huh… I’ve heard about you lately, I heard you were quite a drinker back then and you’re our new Comm Tech...” Finch hallowed his attention towards her as she positioned both hands behind her neck.

“Well you got that right… I’ve been drinking since I was sixteen years old… Now I’m eighteen and haven’t approached alcohol as I used to. I gotta say, today I had a temptation, but Giovanni reminded me that I gotta stay sober for the next day.” Brock beckoned as he inclined to put his hands on his pockets as he strode the hallway.

“Well I gotta say I ain’t much of a drinking person for those obvious reasons” She chuckled as she pointed out an example of Giovanni’s state.

“Yeah, drinking can become very addictive. But I learned my ways, and now I can stock of my peace without it.” Brock smiled while opening the lounge door apace.

“Yeh, I got you… Hopefully this mission doesn’t turn out much of a stock still deployment. Foremost, we need some freggin ground and adventure to explore. That is my definition of what we should hopefully do these couple of weeks.” She nodded her head.

They both took a seat by the nearest table where they rested in some cozy high chairs that provided more than a comfortable seat, but a soothing sensation to the legs. Finch stood up and picked up the control remote from the counter where a bartender stood reading a magazine. Finch loathed as she changed channels every second, signifying that there wasn’t entertainment in the TV. She was actually happier to talk for a few more minutes than just sit there and watch some random show that she didn’t know what it was about. Her and the TV didn’t have a much of a covalent bond on comedy together, so she wasn’t interested in any comedies that were usually on at this time. She requested for the assistance of the bartender, and ordered two fruit flavored Imperial smoothies that were exclusive only at the bar. Brock didn’t really care what she ordered, and in fact didn’t hate the idea of a smoothie this late at night.

The bartender filled them the two orders and placed them along with two glasses filed with grinned ice for them to serve their drink in there if the felt like it. Although neither cared really.  Brock took a sip and tasted the flavor of tropical fruits, in which wondered around his tasting buds for some seconds before he swallowed.

I should tell Fury to have these delicious drinks available for the Imperial Center Store… Brock uttered on his conscience.

Finch smiled at Brock’s overly delighted face, and choked on her last drink. After recuperation, she burst out laughing. Brock couldn’t help to do the same, and continue to enjoy his drink.

“So… Whats good?”
Brock "LeGiT" Vik
TRP/PFC LeGiT/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

-Paladin-

Website Administrator  l  http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

//StormPlatoon//
[]CommunicationsTech[]
Alater Osted
ComNet Member

Alater Osted

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  333
November 28, 2007 10:19:19 PM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
Alater turned to see Saph walking towards him. She had this manner about her, bored and looking for companionship or something to that like. Her crooked smile crept over her face as she asked about his eating habits.

"I haven't. I take you would care to join me?" He offered, nodding towards the nearest mess hall.

"You know it lizard boy." Saph responded, moving off almost without him.

When they arrived the mess hall was trying very hard to live up to its namesake. At some point somebody had decided it would be fun to start a stormtrooper food fight, that had apparently turned a little rough. Mixed in with the hundreds of food stains on the floors were blood and blaster shots. A lone tech seemed to be stuck with the duty of cleaning it all up, stoping here and again with his mop to look at something in disgust.

Alater turned to Saph with an amused look.

"How about the bar?"
TRP/SGT Alater Osted/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC]
Sagenhaft Deutscher
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General

Post Number:  2300
Total Posts:  2943
November 29, 2007 12:04:11 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The Dominion came out of hyperspace not too far off from Yuka. They didn't want to come out too close in case they were being watched. Rizzit was just finishing up a conversation with his trusted Communications Officer Ruu'Dolf Dere, which meant he had a face full of saliva from Dere's sneezing and spitting. Dere would contact Rizzit the moment he heard anything of transmissions being intercepted. Rizzit left Dere and made his way back to the cantina. When he got there, he noticed everyone had gone and the bartender was cleaning up.

"They're in their quarters getting ready." The bartender said scruffly to Rizzit.

"Thanks...and sorry about the mess, I realize they can be quite a handful."

"You kidding? If it weren't for them I'd have another boring night! Do you think any of these goody-goods drink on the job? If they do, it's a small drink on break. I'm glad just to have something to do."

"Well...if you're sure....."

"Yeah I am. Hey listen...I normally don't say repeat what goes on in a bar, but you boys are going on a mission. Your so-called Squad Leaders filled their canteens with some alcohol, you might want to comfiscate that."

Rizzit laughed. "No...I think I'll let them keep it."

The bartender looked puzzled. "But they'll be slightly out of it...no?"

"Any other mission...I'd be worried. This mission..." Rizzit laughed again. "I'll give it two minutes before that alcohol freezes" Rizzit walked out of the room laughing.

Rizzit stopped by Iron Horse's quarters first. "Hey Alan...ready to go?"

"Yes sir." replied a sober AlanRJ.

"Good...gather your horsies and meet me in the hangar bay."

AlanRJ saluted and left. Rizzit went to each of the remaining quarters and got everyone ready to go. About a half an hour later, everyone was down in the hangar bay with various other members such as Fury, the idiotic Deck Officer, and Bob. Rizzit addressed everyone for a final time before they left.

"Listen up everyone! We're going to head down there in shuttles....we're a short bit outside of Yuka's orbit so we shouldn't attract too much attention. When we get down there if the spot you land in is NOT hostile...stay together and wait for the others. Once we all land....we need to find a spot to set up base and signal the drop ships. The sleds will be dropping via dropship all the shuttles are given for equipment is your basic ammo, base supplies, portable heaters, and a small assortment of grenades. Keeping this in mind, it might not be a bad idea to set up base close to where we land. Good luck everyone....let's try and accomplish this mission without completely freezing in this piece of plastic!" Rizzit said as he put on his helmet. He would be shuttling down with Fury and the rest, cause there would be more room. The squads after all, needed all the space they could get....they had more people. When they got on-planet though, he'd be tagging along with Raiders and probably DD if they decided to team up.

Here we go again....Rizzit thought to himself. It's not enough they want to kill us, but before they kill us they want to deep-freeze us!
Brigadier General Rizzit BlackHeart
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1141
November 29, 2007 12:59:03 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Show time, almost... Riqimo could feel the adrenaline rushing through his blood, giving a boost of warmth, he gave a mental sigh knowing that he wouldn’t be this warm for a while longer.  A good long while.

As the shuttle entered the outer atmospheric layer, there was a steady rumble that caused Riqimo to stretch out his arm to grasp the straps on the wall behind the bench he was seated.  He didn’t want injure himself before the actual action.  As soon as the shuttle hosting Eclipse and Paladin left the upper levels for the lower atmosphere a chill overtook all the occupants, causing many to put their helmets on to preserve what warmth they could, eyes watering slightly from the sudden temperature change.

Riq opened his eyes to temporary darkness until his lens automatically adjusted the filters to the interior lighting of the shuttle, allowing him to make out basic grayscale figures.  It wasn’t designed for artificial lighting obviously, but it wasn’t as if they were going to prancing about indoors, was much as Riq wanted to.  The third law of motion dictated the final movement of the shuttle, causing several troopers to be forced downwards into their seats (and the unfortunate few to slide to the floor) as the sudden deceleration brought the shuttle hovering mere ten centimeters above the icy surface.

“Dunno if I can land on this surface folks!” The pilot shouted back towards the Snowtroopers.  He looked quite warm, feet situated on a heating unit and dressed in something fur lined.  “Might crack the ice, no idea what’s under it.”

Oh sure, we are to just jump out onto it... figures. Riqimo mocked the logic in his head before taking the rifle from between his legs and shouldering it, “Eclipse, Paladin, gear up and progress out the doors!”  As soon as he said that, the rear entry door opened, but the ramp didn’t extend.  Snow and the blast of cold forced itself into the small, poorly insulated shuttle.  Riqimo could feel his suit adjust slightly to the decreased temperature.  Slightly, but not enough for sure as his teeth chattered momentarily before he took up a slow jog to hop off the shuttle and a brief prayer the ice was thick enough.

Luckily enough, it was and Riqimo scanned as far as he could, his lens still adjusting to a temporary blindness that came from the snow and ice reflecting the light in a harsh glare.  No hostiles were present from what Riqimo could see and a he proceeded to examining the terrain itself, the harsh beauty of it never ceased to amaze him.  As they proceeded away from the shuttle so that it could be cleared to return to the Dominion, Riq tried to see where the ice plain that they were standing apparently in the middle of ended.  Only the silhouette of hills in the distance to the north and west, and the mountains beyond gave any indication to the end of the plain.

Jelly Bean, newly appointed Assistant Squad Leader was already gazing across the landscape with his thermobinocs, seeking hostiles and friendlies, “Appears a majority of the Phoenix Company has landed almost directly west of our position.  About 750 meters.  The sled drop is that way as well.”

“Alrighty,” Riqimo clapped his gloved hands which made more of a light thud, “We are gonna meet up with them.  Just a short hike away.  Probably going to be a little bobsledding after that, this ice plain is a little too exposed for my comfort, I doubt there would be a base of operations established here.”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Alater Osted
ComNet Member

Alater Osted

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  335
November 29, 2007 1:33:09 AM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
Alater adjusted a bit inside his suit as Rizzit gave his final briefing and headed towards the shuttle. The suit was made to adjust by a console on his left wrist, and did a very good job of keeping him warm. Made to specially fit him and keep it as warm as possible inside the suit, the only disadvantage to the suit being it's slightly increased weight and the enlraged heat signature.

He cracked his knuckles as the shuttle descended into the atmosphere, rattling as its shielding compensated for the heat of the entry. As the rear shuttle door opened Alater laughed a little to himself in the suit. He had done probably dozens of dead drops but none onto a frozen ground that may or may not be strong enough to support his weight. They never thought these darned things through.

When he thudded onto the planet he exhaled a breath that he thought was possibly one of the warmest he'd had since his visit to his home on Barab-I. The snow and ice crunched under his boots as he awaited orders. Paladin Squad, mostly green except for a few, was checking in with Eclipse before Doc and Gio turned to their respective squads.

"Alrighty folks, I know it's fucking cold but we're going to have to get used it. It looks like the majority of Pheonix Company is about 750 meters west of our current position. This ice may or may not be exactly safe so I want you all to keep an ear out for cracking. Don't fall in, don't freeze, don't die. Move out!" Doc ordered, and turned with Gio and Jelly Bean west towards the remainder of Phoenix Company.
Sagenhaft Deutscher
[This message has been edited by Alater (edited November 29, 2007 1:38:26 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  642
Total Posts:  1795
November 29, 2007 2:52:14 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan left the meeting and followed a large throng of squad leaders and troopers to the cantina.  There the troopers got the beer flowing and soon everyone was feeling in a very jolly mood indeed.  Alan knew that a very crucial mission was imminent and he was going to have to keep his wits about him, still, he could afford to have a few drinks.

Several drinks later and Alan was just as jolly as the rest of the troopers.  Rather than continuing, he grabbed an empty canteen and filled it to the brim with beer.  That should help out with the cold thought Alan as he was not looking forward to freezing his ass off, still, he had the bobsleds to look forward to.

Deciding that he had had enough, Alan returned to the Iron Horse quarters.  He noticed that several troopers were in the quarters and others weren't.  He hoped that the ones that weren't here weren't going to be overly intoxicated for the mission.  Deciding he would deal with that when the time came, he flopped down on a bed and drifted off to sleep.

He woke up and knew that something was different.  Getting up he looked out of one of the viewports and noticed that the stars were no longer streaking by.  We're out of hyperspace then thought Alan as he looked around and was relieved to see that all of his squad had returned to the quarters.  He hadn't wanted to have to go to the cantina and rouse any drunken trooper today.

Getting up, he quickly got ready and told the rest of the squad to get up as they were not approaching Yuka.  The squad started getting up, some more slowly than others.  Stretching whilst he waited for his squad mates, Alan moved over to the door and was surprised to see Rizzit walking over to him.

"Hey Alan, ready to go?" queried Rizzit.

"Yes Sir" replied Alan, glad that he had decided to stop drinking when he had.

"Good, gather your horsies and meet me in the hangar bay" said Rizzit.

Alan saluted and watched Rizzit leave.

Alan walked back inside to see his troopers in a varied state of readiness, some ready, and some still getting ready. 

"Let's move it" said Alan, "we've got to be in the hangar bay in ten minutes".  Alan hoped that the shuttle was going to be warm.  He wanted to be well heated before venturing onto the ice world of Yuka.
SL/SSGT AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Namyr
ComNet Initiate

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  175
Total Posts:  255
November 29, 2007 3:12:46 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
A chill passed down Namyr's neck as she entered, she knew it, it had to be true, she was late and missed out on the free boozes. She let out a long string of curses that made the nearest people to her turn their heads and stare, those who could understand her stared with large offended eyes. Namyr's beautiful face twitches in disgust and humor, she had really needed a drink, anything to help her cope with having to be around other squads. Speaking of squads, where were the members of Raiders? She had at least expected Rogueboy to be hitting on someone and Leon dancing around with his underwear on his head and Darr passed out in a corner, but there wasn't any sign of such things. Namyr felt disappointed, after all it was once in a blue moon that the Raider Squad missed out in free booze. A pang went through Namyr's chest as she remembered that Leon had been moved from Raiders to lead his own squad. She missed him, her little brother, but she couldn't help but be proud of him and also a little jealous. She felt like she had been in the Army forever and what did she have to show for it a bunch of scars and one or two metals, it made her wonder if this was actually a living, or even something to risk her life for.

An announcement overhead warned Namyr that she'd better get her butt on the shuttle or it would leave her and then she would be considered AWOL, which would add another wonderful moment in her day. Sighing, Namyr adjusted her armor, putting on her helmet she made her way to the hanger. Not before she made a complete ass out of herself and dived behind a few boxes at the sight of a former lover's short stature and swaggering walk. After fishing herself out of the boxes Namyr headed to the shuttle that she had been directed to by one of the maintenance men she climbed aboard.

"Nams! Bout time you showed up!" Leon grinned throwing his arms around Namyr's waist, "You look good, as always!"

"Thanks Leon," Namyr murmured her face going red as the members of Leon's squad stared at her.
SGT Namyr

+AdvanceReconCommandos{ARC}+

+CombatMedic+

A doctor cures people. A medic just helps people feel more comfortable, while they die.

Twi'lek word dictionary

http://www.peach-tree.org/Ryloth/TwiInfo/Lexicon.htm
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited November 29, 2007 3:13:32 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  888
November 29, 2007 9:35:44 AM    View the profile of Dante 
The normally deserted hanger bay was crowded as members of the squads jostled for space and good positions. Dante was shoved aside by a large, black-scaled Barabel, almost knocking another trooper over. He briefly considered taking action, his right hand dropping down to his blaster before he regained control of himself.

He isn't worth it. Besides, he'll get what he deserves in a few minutes. Between the snow and the enemy fire, he is going to be one very unhappy lizard.

Rizzit cleared his throat and the room was instantly silent.

"Listen up everyone! We're going to head down there in shuttles."

Wonderful. Just what the hostile gunners need: some target practice. Why not LAATi's or ,better yet, specialized craft. The standard shuttle isn't heavily armed or armoured enough for this kind of mission, especially when the enemy could have AA batteries set up...

"When we get down there if the spot you land in is NOT hostile...stay together and wait for the others."

Great. We stay put so they can hunt us down and kill us one by one. Why do I get the feeling this hasn't been thought out properly?

"Good luck everyone....let's try and accomplish this mission without completely freezing in this piece of plastic!"

I'll second that, although I'm none too optimistic.

Dante checked his datapad and noted the location of the shuttle. He ran as fast as he could in the cumbersome snowtrooper armour, attempting to compensate for the padding inside the leg-plates. He could feel a river of sweat trickling down the inside of the heated armour, making movement uncomfortable.

The damn thing is roasting me alive. Wouldn't it be ironic if I died of heat exhaustion just before the mission?

Dante made his way to the hanger, followed directions from an exhausted-looking technician, and paused just before entering the Lambda shuttle. He saw Leon and several other troopers standing around, rifles in hand, obviously waiting for the Raiders.

We're sharing with Dark Dragoons? The more the merrier, I suppose...

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 29, 2007 9:39:54 AM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  211
November 29, 2007 10:59:53 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Alrighty folks, I know it's fucking cold but we're going to have to get used it. It looks like the majority of Pheonix Company is about 750 meters west of our current position. This ice may or may not be exactly safe so I want you all to keep an ear out for cracking. Don't fall in, don't freeze, don't die. Move out!" Doc ordered, and turned with Gio and Jelly Bean west towards the remainder of Phoenix Company.

Saphira grinned as she twisted and moved  in her new armor. It felt diffrent wearing Snowtrooper armor and she could only hope it was just as good to keep her and the others warm.

"Don't die..Is that an order Doc?"

She shouted out. Loud enough for most of the squad to hear. A few chuckles were heard and it was good for some humer amongst the seriousness of the mission.

"Especially  don't die.." Came Doc's response as they all started to file out onto the cold planet.  Saphira moved up quickly to stand to the right of Jelly. Slighty back as she  fought the urge to take off her helmet.

Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1145
November 29, 2007 11:08:22 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
It's the arctic tundra, empty and cold, with thoughts and whispers of memory and madness echoing over the barren, icy nothingness much like Riq’s mind... The silent man observes all that goes on around him...  The memories caused Riqimo to sigh dejectedly, the sound echoing in his helmet, a melancholy resonance.

The wind had also managed to sting his smooth face slightly through the helmet, causing Riqimo to squint ever so slightly. That was a good sign. At least the mundane, physical part of this world was still with him. The commander wondered how long it would take for it to betray him as well... He was totally able to keep a grip in this icy weather; and he loved it this way. The heat always seemed to remind me of something far off and forgotten, a memory of a place he had never been. A memory of being... happy? Absurd. Happiness was far away. Darkness was all that I knew...

Riq shifted carefully in his snowtrooper armor as he stopped to scan the horizon some more, senses returning to the here and now of the mission. The damn armor creaked with every minute movement and was starting to drive Riq slightly insane.  Surveying the tundra area ahead, Riqimo's face became marred with a frown, it was a desolate wasteland, nothing for kilometers it seemed.  If they were to find something hostile on the forsaken rock and ice, probably more ice than rock, it was going to take a while with all the area they would have to cover.

Sighing, he turned around and watched the slower members of the group catch up.  No one wanted to he left behind here, at the very least you needed another person with you, groups of three were best though.  Anyone's odds went up drastically in the case of an incident where separation from the main body was forced if they had companions.

Nodding to Alater, who seemed to linger towards the rear, Riqimo made a brief sweep of his rifle's barrel with his gloved hand to remove some flakes of snow and forged forward again, "We're almost there," he called out on comm to the Eclipse and Paladin folks.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 29, 2007 10:23:32 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  759
Total Posts:  1091
November 29, 2007 11:14:14 AM    View the profile of Leon 
“So Orobos, what do you think?” Leon asked, a huge grin on his face as he admired how good the armor looked on the Whiphid.

“It’s… Wow, you really outdid yourself. Am I going to have to pay anything for this?” Asked the giant Whiphid, staring at himself in disbelief.

“Nope, I got it all under control. Anything you don’t like about it?”

“Well it’s somewhat crude, but what can you expect, it was made in less then an hour. Thanks Leon.” Replied the young trooper, hopping around a bit so he could adjust to the Dura Steel plating that now covered his body.

It covered every vital organ in his body, and that was the only thing the Whiphid would need. It was made up of a chest plate, shoulder plates with spikes coming out the end, and the DD insignia on the left shoulder. He had vambraces, gauntlets, and some thigh plating. As for the Whiphids head, the only thing they could find suitable was a special visor that would adjust to the light and keep the harsh, ice cold winds from blowing into his eye’s. The Quarter Master had managed to put a small electronic device on the left side of the yellow colored visor, allowing him to have a mini HUD Display so he wouldn’t be left out from the rest of the squad.

Now that the squad was all set and ready to go, Leon decided to give them a little motivational speech. “Alright guy’s, huddle around.” Motioned Leon, the squad forming a small circle around the Squad Leader. “So it look’s like this is gonna be my first mission as Squad Leader, and your first mission with me. So hey, we’re a little on the green side, but that doesn’t really mean a thing now, does it? We’ve all been in fire fights before, and we all know thing’s can get quite messy. Really messy. But this mission right here, it’s no different from any other mission you’ve been on before. Yes, you guy’s have all the right to be nervous, but don’t freak out, you know better then that. Now when we’re out there for these next couple of days, I want to see CONSTANT communication. If we communicate, then that minimizes are chances of making mistakes, mistakes that could lead to a very painful death. But that’s not gonna happen now, is it?”

“No sir.”

“Good. I believe in you guy’s, and I’m willing to put my life in each and every one of your hands. I just hope you all are willing to do the same for me… Now let’s go out there, and show these bastards who the big dog of the Galaxy is. Now gimme a big Hoo-Rah!”

“HOO-RAH!!!!!” Shouted the squad in perfect unison.

Leon took his helmet from underneath his arm and slid it on, hearing a hiss as it locked into place, trapping all the warmth inside. Within seconds, the lenses adjusted to the dim lighting of the hangar bay, and he proceeded to the shuttle they were assigned to. A grinning Rogue stopped Leon in his tracks, laying a heavy hand on his friends sholder.

“I saw that little huddle thing you had going over there. Giving them one of my motivational speeches I’m guessing.”

“Oh yeah, you know it Rogueboy. I told them we’d get some stripper’s after the mission. Maybe Namyr could even be one of them,” Joked Leon, winking inside his helmet.

“Hey, she could very well be a stripper. I’ve seen her in action before, and she seems to have a lot of practice. Go ahead, take her, I don’t want the woman anymore.” Rogue replied, saying it just loud enough for Namyr to make out.

“What was that Rogue? You want to say that a little bit louder?”

“What? I wasn’t talking about you, jeez. Don’t be so quick to react.” Rogueboy gave Leon a little wink before donning his helmet, walking up the boarding ramp and into the shuttle. A couple of Dark Dragoon’s chuckled at the Raiders ASL, who somehow always managed to make people laugh in the worst of situations. Once everyone was seated and ready to launch, the boarding ramp started to recline. A few seconds later, they shot off into the black void, making their way to Yuka’s orbit.

So this is it. After all that waiting, all that training, and all that suffering, I’ll finally be put to the test. This mission… This mission will determine my ability as an SL, and as a person. Will I make it out alive? Yes. I know this for a fact. But will they make it out alive? That is the challenge I am being faced with, and that is the question I need to answer. Let’s just hope the answer is yes…

The young Squad Leader was shook from his train of thought as the shuttle hit the planets orbit. He reached for the straps that hung above his head, trying to hold himself in place as the shuttle began to shake violently. His head bobbled from side to side, and his teeth clicked together as the shaking increased its intensity, almost throwing him off the bench. He closed his eyes, waiting for the ordeal to end, hoping that they wouldn’t be shot out of the sky, ending their mission before it had even started.

And then it stopped.

They had finally landed, or at least he thought they did. “I’m sorry, but you guy’s are going to have to hop off, I can’t risk landing on a patch of ice. Good luck!” Called the shuttle pilot over the comm System.

A loud mechanical whirring sound emitted from the back of the ship, signaling that the boarding ramp was going down. “Safeties off, we might have some unexpected company. Be ready for anything.” Leon ordered over the squad’s comm Channel. A couple of clicks resounded in reply, Leon doing the same to his carbine. The ramp stopped half way, leaving them a good three meter’s above the ground. Darr-Rann and Leon were the first to hop off, landing as lightly on their toes.

The first thing that hit Leon was the cold. They were right about Yuka… It was freezing cold, ice cold. He couldn’t even begin to imagine what it would be like without the armor they were provided, but he did guess one thing. It would have sucked. At the same time though, Leon couldn’t help but feel slightly mesmerized by the planets beauty. Not that there was much to look at, but snow always seemed to hypnotize Leon. There was something about it that just intrigued the hell out of him.

“Dark Dragoon’s, set up a perimeter around the landing area, and keep your eyes sharp. We’ll wait here until we receive the final orders. Don’t let your guard down one bit.”
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  167
Total Posts:  535
November 29, 2007 11:46:46 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos clenched the metal bars at the sides of his seat as the shuttle plummeted through the planets atmosphere. This was always his most hated part of any mission the drop. He pushed his head back into the seat.

"o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h," he groaned his voice shaking from the shuttle.

He heard someone yell in delight as they fell further towards the ground. The shuttle suddenly pulled up the shaking ceasing for a minute. He felt a jolt in his stomach as the shuttle swooped down lower. It stopped suddenly hovering in the air.

“I’m sorry, but you guy’s are going to have to hop off, I can’t risk landing on a patch of ice. Good luck!” he heard the pilot say over the com.

The door hissed and opened suddenly. The shuttle was filled with a whooshing sound as the air blew violently outside. Snow swirled all around them as they stood on the landing ramp.

They were there for what felt like eternity. He felt himself falling forward and then his feet hit the ground. The snow was quite deep but didn't impede their movement as they set up a perimeter.

He looked around, The barren whiteness stretched off into the horizon. There were cliffs of ice off a couple of Kilometres away. They stood in a defensive position in the snow which was blowing up all around them.

A couple of his squad-mates were moving their feet around. He started moving them too, the risk of frost-bite quite high in these conditions even with the armour keeping in some warmth.

"So you used to live in a place like this?" Garyll asked shuffling over to him,

"Yeah... it's nice but colder then this planet anyway," he replied,

"I don't know," he said shaking his head,

"Don't worry," Orobos said," You'll get used to it."
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar

Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  212
November 29, 2007 2:02:54 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Note to self.. Never come back to ANY ice ball of a planet

Saph grumbled to herself, pulling her right leg out from a deep snow drift. For once she was glade that she had not the time for a workout. This was enough that she swore her armor was going to melt off.

"We're almost there," Doc called out on comm
His voice came over , mingeling in the staticy effect it had on his voice. Saph looked up and  pressed farther. No one wanted to walk more threw the snow. There was also that fear that they could fall threw to an icy grave.

Quickly she caught up with their SL. The crunching of the snow whooshed around in swirls as the wind blew against them. Her eyes only stayed on the target.

"Hey Doc?"  Saph asked. Deciding that she had to now have a question be raised.

"Yea?"

"Go to a private channel.."

Doc arched an eyebrow under the helmet, but did what she asked. Normaly she had the nack for just spurting out whatever. Part of him was concerned.

"What's up Saph?" 

"Just a question... I know we have to wear this armor.. but has anyone ever thought that we could easily loose site of each other with all the snow around?"

Doc blinked and took a deep breath before answering.

"That's why we have trackers.. besides, it's  more so the enemy has a harder time seeing us."

"I get that doc.. but sometimes the equipment is faulty. For once I wish they made the armor in say Grey or silver. God forbid one of us can't see a team mate and accidenty gets shot by friendly fire..."

She made a good point. One that was worth thinking on but then again...

"I understand.. but I don't make the rules. We follow them. Keep moving..."

"Yea.. "

"Oh and Saph.." Doc stated.

"What?"

"I appreciate the private channel..."

Under her helmet the Twi'lik smiled and they went back to the main only to be inturpted by Wicket.

"You two lovebirds have a good chat?"

"Shut up Wicket!" Both Doc and Saph said in unison. The coms erupted in laughter.

[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited November 29, 2007 10:26:27 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  643
November 29, 2007 2:22:51 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Soon, all of the troopers in the squad were ready and Alan jostled them out of the quarters and led them down to the hangar bay.  Alan didn’t like running late and he felt that they were already behind schedule.  The corridors leading to the hangar was empty and Alan wondered where everyone was.  He didn’t have to ponder on it for too long as the doors to the hangar bay slid open and Alan was met with a throng of troopers, troopers from every squad within the Vast Empire.

It had been a long time since Alan had seen all of the squads together for a mission.  It filled him with a sense of excitement.  Then he felt the snowtrooper armour around him and he remembered where the shuttles would be taking them too, he shivered at the thought even though right now he was not cold.

Patting the side of his armour, Alan soon found his canteen.  He removed it from his hip and took a quick swig of it.  The alcohol that slid down his throat filled him with heat.  He knew that down on the ice planet of Yuka he would need all the heat he could get.

Looking around, Alan saw a shuttle that hadn’t any squads against it.  Pointing to it, Alan and the rest of the Iron Horse squad moved their way slowly through the throng of troopers to stand against it.  There they waited for Rizzit to show up and to inform the squads as to what their assignments would be.

I bet you we get sent to the coldest part of the planet thought Alan as he waited.  In fact, he wasn’t sure whether there was such a thing as a coldest part to a cold planet.  I guess I’ll find out soon enough thought Alan as he took another swig and put the canteen back on his hip as he wanted to keep the rest for the planet.

“Now where is Rizzit?” muttered Alan as he looked around.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  645
November 29, 2007 2:54:47 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan noticed Rizzit enter, informing the squads that they would be going down to the planet in shuttles.  As soon as the order was given, all of the squads started getting onto shuttles.  Alan quickly motioned for the squad to get onboard and they moved quickly up the ramp.

“Who is piloting?” queried Verlock as Alan came up last and closed the ramp.

“Me of course” replied Alan as he moved into the cockpit.

“You do know how to fly?” queried Ken.

“Of course I know how to fly” replied Alan as he started the shuttles engines.

“I don’t mind who flies” commented Vince, “so long as we land in one piece”.

“Oh, landings the easy part” said Alan “unless, I could always try crash landing the shuttle, been a while since I done that”.

“You are kidding” said Dwarf.

Alan smiled and piloted the shuttle out of the Dominion’s hangar deck, deciding not to answer the question.

The shuttle flew down through the planet’s atmosphere and Alan thought to himself what a desolate frozen world this is.  The planet grew bigger and bigger as they descended downwards.  Alan could make out more details on the planet.  However, the only detail he could see though was snow and more snow.

“Isn’t that a beautiful sight” said Vince.

Alan looked around, seeking, searching, but not finding anything.  Finally he replied “where?”

“All around, such beautiful snow, such tranquillity” said Vince.

All Alan could think of was such cold, freezing snow.  He brought the ship on final approach and soon he felt the landing struts of the shuttle sink into the snow and they were down.  The shuttles engines came to a resounding stop.

“All right people, welcome to the ice planet of Yuka” said Alan as he pressed a button and the ramp of the shuttle descended and the cold wind whipped instantly inside the shuttle.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1446
Total Posts:  1587
November 29, 2007 2:54:58 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann gritted his teeth as he walked into the frigid environment. Despite the manufacturer’s claim, snowtrooper suits weren’t the perfect solution to keeping warm on this type of mission. Luckily, as an environmental-focused squad, his raiders had become more resistant to the cold then most.

He watched his squad follow him down, then walked over to were Leon was standing. They nodded to eachother, and stood there for a few moments before the Dark Dragoon’s squad leader broke the silence,

“Damn it’s cold.” The trooper muttered, rubbing his gloved hands together. Darr-Rann laughed at this.

“You’ve only been gone for a few days Leon, and your already getting soft! For Raiders, this is perfect weather!” He said. It was entirely a lie – His body told him that it’d much rather be somewhere warm, anywhere warm, then here right now – But there was squad pride to defend, and squad rivalry to provoke.

Leon laughed too. Darr-Rann sighed to himself – He was going to miss having Leon around. At the same time though, he was happy that the man had been given this opportunity.

“What is it?” asked Leon, apparently picking up the exclamation.

“Nothing.” Darr-Rann replied, “Let’s go see what our squads are up to.”
Raiders
SL/SFC_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IH][CDS][IG][BWC]
SERGEANT FIRST CLASS, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING, PHANTOM MEMBER
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:50:50 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 655  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >