Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Vince
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  32
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 27, 2007 9:57:08 PM    View the profile of Vince 
Vince was laying on his bunk in the Iron Horse quarters. He had both hands behind his head, his feet stretched out. He was quite comfy. He was in a comfortable state of rest, not quite awake but not asleep by any means.

The rest of the squad were playing cards. He could hear them hooting and hollering as various people won various hands. He had no inclination to play with them. Right now he just wanted to lay on his bed and rest.

Finally Ken looked over to him. "Man," he said, "Don't you ever do anything?

Vince didn't bother responding. He was too lazy at the moment. He merely grunted. Ken shook his head and some of the other troopers laughed. By now they knew Vince well enough to know to leave him alone when he was sleeping, or even resting. Wake the man up and you might end up with more than you could handle.

Not that Vince would ever really do anything. He would just get very upset and pretend to be going to do something. He would get up and curse and stomp around, but he would never hit any of his squad mates. He might throw them, but he would never hit them.

Vince went back to resting, half-listening to the game that was going on. He turned his thoughts to the mission ahead.

Vince had never really minded cold. It could get damn cold in the mines of his homeworld, and he had always felt more alive when he was cold. That did not, however, make him feel good about landing on an iceball. Cold was one thing, constant ice was quite another.

The nature of their mission also bothered Vince. The Vast Empire was one of the most powerful galactic states in existance at the moment, and these people were going to take her out from across the galaxy. They were either stupid or they had some sort of weapon that would give them the upper hand. Vince hoped it was the latter, but the former was always a possibility.

The sleds had appealed to him, though. He had never actually ridden on a sled, which was what these contraptions were...just with heavier fire power. He thought they would be fun, but more importantly useful. They could move fast and defend themselves if needed. It was the perfect way to assualt the ice world.

Vince had been surprised that the General was going with them, though. The older man was a veteran of many conflicts and a rather important figure in the Corps. Vince wondered why he was going. It didn't bother him that much, though. It did increase Vince's respect for the man, however. Vince had always admired commanders that fought with their troops.

Vince decided to just sleep. It would be quite a long trip before they reached Yuka. Might as well make the most of it.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Vince/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
ViperX
ComNet n00b

ViperX

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  9
November 27, 2007 10:38:16 PM    View the profile of ViperX 
Viper was pacing back and forth in the Paladin Quarters of the Dominion. He was fumbling around with his E-11 Blaster Rifle, every now and then stopping it and taking aim at a random object in the room. "Ah man Viper. What did you get yourself into. Your going to get killed out there aren't you?" Viper muttered under his breath. He cursed and then fell into his bed, holding his hands over his face. He felt lifeless, and too lazy to get up. Viper felt if he just laid there still, he could just ignore everything and this mission.

What a great away to start of your career as a Stormtrooper. Heading to a ice ball of a planet... Viper thought to himself. He moaned and groaned, before he got to his feet. "Where in the world his my squad leader. He probably has some words of advice. Probably says 'em every time to a new trooper. Right? Yeah right. Stop talking to yourself Viper. Jeez don't embarrass yourself on your first mission."

Viper strolled out of his quarters. As he searched the Dominion for his squad leader, he tried his best to act as he was casually walking around the vast ship, not frantically searching for his squad leader so he could get his head on straight. After a couple of minutes or so, Viper decided to give up and retreat to the bar to drain his worries with a couple of drinks. 

Sure enough though, there his squad leader was sitting at the bar, drunk out of his mind. "Oh great," Viper mumbled. He approached the bar and sunk into the seat next to Gio. "Alcohol. Anything."

A few seconds later Viper had a couple shots heading his way. Without hesitation he drank them all and asked for more. He rested his head in his hands waiting for the alcohol to keep coming.
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  993
Total Posts:  1305
November 27, 2007 10:57:29 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
At this point his body had taken the necessary measures to deal with the beating his liver was about to take. His bodily functions had been reduced to the most basic of operations. He could see, but only in a direct funnel in front of him. He could hear vaguely, the sounds of the cantina, of the chatter and the clinking of glass and metal and wood, but only as one roaring whoosh. He began to salivate heavily, probably by instinct. The alcohol wasn't exactly going to tickle his mouth on the way down.

Dear liver;

I hope this letter finds you in good health.
I just thought you should know that your arse is mine.
Send my best wishes to the family.

Love,
Giovanni A. Bryden

"Alright, light 'em up." The bartender stopped at attention and saluted the man. He knew very well the journey he was about to embark on. He had seen many men travel down that perilous road.

Much like an athlete carries a torch into a stadium to signal the beginning of the Galatic Games, the short, rotund man, with his soiled apron and sweaty brow, took the flame and in one deft movement lit the row of cups.

The mere sight of it all almost brought tears to his eyes. He would later realize it  was just the fumes.

Sure, he had promised himself he'd try to keep his drinking at a minimum, but in his drunkenness he had reasoned that by "minimum" he meant "in 3 oz servings."

Such was the reasoning of the inebriated man.

He hardly noticed when his newest addition to the squad, Viper, walked in. He seemed nervous, and quickly consumed a large volume of the hardest stuff the bartender could offer him.

Giovanni was too busy to say hi. His social skills went out the window. His motor skills would be soon to follow.

Just....4....more....

He moved the straw from shot glass to shot glass of the noxious, now warm solution. If there was anything worse for your health than pure alcohol by the mouthful, it had to be rapidly heated alcohol by the mouthful.

He labored through the 5th and 6th shot glasses, his ambitious undertaking now attracting the attention of some of the patrons seated at the front of the bar counter.

Maybe they cheered him on, maybe they stood there dumbfounded, trying to find the words to express the amount of pain and discomfort Giovanni would be in the next morning.

Giovanni didn't know. He had finished the last bit of flaming liquid and was too busy passing out.

Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 
  ^CombatEngineer^

SL/SFC Giovanni Bryden/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  744
Total Posts:  1091
November 27, 2007 11:03:47 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon downed the rest of his ale, putting on a sour face as it burned it's way down his chest. It had been his fifth glass, and he was beginning to feel slightly tipsy. He wanted to drink more, but resisted the urge to go up to the bar and order another round. He didn't want to get drunk on his first day, did he? No, that wasn't the responsible thing to do. He scooted over next to his former SL who was quietly observing the festivities.

"So Darr, anything I need to know?"

He raised an eye brow. "Hmmm? About what?"

"Any tips or form of advice I should know for the future? I don't wanna mess up, nor do I want to lose any of my men on the first mission."

"Ah, well, you'll learn a good deal from experience. That's how I learned... And sometimes it had to be the hard way. The most important thing to remember though is that you did everything in your power to keep your squad mates alive, and complete the mission. If you blame yourself for every little mistake and life you lose, then you'll end up going insane. Just remember you can't control everything, and that if something happens, it was meant to be."

"Meant to be, huh? Sounds good enough I guess..." Leon paused, letting his eye's drift over his comrades. "I'm just nervous Darr-Rann, I've never been in charge of anything. I just wish they had given me more time to adapt, get to know my squad and their weaknesses."

"Heh, the best soldiers are the one's who adapt the fastest. If you can't cope with you're environment, you'll surely die. I've seen you in combat before Leon, and I've seen you in sticky situations. Believe me, you'll get through this."

Yeah I hope so, thought Leon before speaking. "Well, I don't mean to be the party pooper Darr, but I gotta go study up a bit. Needa exploit my squads weaknesses and such." Leon turned to the happy group of trooper's who were now playing another game of Sabaac. "I'm gonna go get comfy and do some work, if anyone needs me, just message me. Don't get to drunk!"

"Later Sarge!" Shouted Garryll.

Leon waved his hand, and walked out of the Cantina, the ruckus and music slowly fading away. The first thing he wanted to know was what each trooper specialized in, and he had everything he needed inside his handy dandy Data Pad. Leon already knew for a fact that he'd be manning the wheel of the sled. They looked fast, really fast. Dodging enemy artillery definitely wouldn't be a problem on one of those things.

Meh, I hope we have a Medic... Things are gonna get messy.

To Leon's luck, the squad did have a Medic, and it happened to be Urakai. Well that's one less problem I have to worry about...
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  107
Total Posts:  124
November 27, 2007 11:13:05 PM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
Baretz had soon enough found the snowtrooper armor, and had replaced his Shock trooper armor appropriately.  He sat his helmet down with his bag, and found his way down to the bar, along with Gio and the new guy.  He walked up, and snickered softly, leaning over the new guy's shoulder.

"Drownin your fears?

He had that hateful look about him, as he always did, and Baretz sat down at the bar, sliding a lung buster out of a pack in his armor, and between his lips.  He went into a semi poetic ramble.

"My body aches. Blurry vision fades left to right, irises criss-crossing as I try to focus on the flare of the tip of my cigarette. I pluck the coffin-nail from my lips, flick the cherry into the breeze, and replace the torch that guides me as I travel this shattered Eden. Man, it's like that timidly vivid bit of ash --My life, I mean. Glimmering, lambent and glorious. But in the long run, meaningless. Just a quick glance of color, before it cools and drifts away. My goals and ambitions bled into wanderlust, with the ashes of my skills and lineage peppered on the surface of the crimson pool --The stale, bitter, gray ashes. Not the inspiring flecks of life gracing each hit of nicotine. At least I can say that I still feel the dull throbbing of my joints. At least I still care."

His eyes shifted to the new guy on his right.

"I've said that so many times in my life after I wrote it.  The thought of being as expendable as this thing."

He plucks the cigarette out of his mouth and waves it in front of him.

"I don't wanna be a butt to just be squashed into the ground.  You gotta take or make the right course." 

Baretz had already been here and had a few drinks in him to dull the ride, until they hit planet side.  It was obvious in his ramble, and the booze moved his tongue.

"Anyway.  I'm Baretz.  Haven't formally introduced myself."

TRP/LCPL baretz_sonok/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  994
November 27, 2007 11:22:58 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
When Giovanni came to, he was surrounded by a few of the Paladins, as well as a couple of men and women who he had yet to meet.

"Ughhh...what happened?" Giovanni slurred a bit and reached up to wipe his face.

The bendy straw. The flaming drinks. The look on the bartender's face. The prophetic Jawa that sat next to him, urging him to drink, with it's beady little eyes...

Oh god, i am so screwed tomorrow.

He groaned and tried to get on his feet. Coughing, he patted the mixture of sawdust and other questionable substances off of his shirt and pants and tried to walk it off like nothing had happened.

His stomach was burning something fierce. He hadn't eaten a thing since much earlier that day. He was just asking for trouble.

His squad mates followed him to an empty table and all gave him concerned looks.

"Uh, you ok there boss? You don't look so hot." Brock was quick to point out the obvious. Ievit muttered under her breath that it was a huge understatement.

"Ughhhhh." Giovanni let out another guttural groan and let his head drop on the table.

"I thought you guys were supposed to keep me from doing things like this...what do i keep youse around for anywho?" The squad didn't seem to get his strange brand of comedy. He admitted, it was an acquired taste, and was sometimes mistaken for arrogance or just outright dickishness.

"Just...please... get me some stew... and a bottle of water."

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  108
November 27, 2007 11:45:24 PM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
He laughed softly at the state of his Squad Leader. His eyes turning down to the burning cinders at the tip of his butt.  His eyes wandered over to Giovanni, and he watched as, sure enough, Lucky and Brock would go heed his request, and quickly too.  It was no more than two minutes before they managed to return with his water and stew.  He half wandered what sort of treats had to be given for that sort of obedience.

"Well, sir, I though we were here to kill people, actually."

He retorted to his Squad Leader, not in the least jokingly, but the old enthusiasms ringing through in his voice, he had decided he had played to that long enough, and this time it came out as over the top.

He didn't know how other people thought about him, and truth be told he didn't care, all he had to do was prove his worth and superiority and the world was his.  That'd all take time though.

With his comment Lucky gave him a slightly disgusted look. She seemed like the type to fight for the cause, rather than for the fight. He didn't reply, he simply turned around, and kept breathing in the poison, his eyes casting back down at the bar top, this ride was getting to him, and quickly.

Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  135
Total Posts:  275
November 27, 2007 11:55:57 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako sat playing cards and drinking with his squadmates for a long while.  He ordered a round of Force Chokes from the droid server and went back to the game. 

He looked at Garryll and decided to throw in some stakes.  "Hey Gates.  If you win this hand I'll never steal your pillow again, but if you lose then you have to scrub my fresher booth for a week.  Deal?"

Gates looked grimly at Mako and said simply:  "If it isn't back on my bunk tonight you will wake up unpleasantly."

"It's on your bunk, man." Mako said.

The drinks arrived and the game went on.  Mako was ready to watch the entire STC deploy on some unsuspecting clump of baddies up to no good.

Bobsleds....if bobsleds armed to the teeth roving over the snow didn't put you in the mood for the holidays then Mako didn't know what would.  Maybe they could even attach red lights to their rifles and bells on their grenades.

Mako had a few toys to deliver to some enemy of the VE very soon, and thank god that he had packed his thermal undersuit and brought Imperial Hot Hands for his triggerfinger, because the things that he was hearing about those snow armor suits was a slew of mixed reviews.

Mako went on playing cards and having a good time.  He gathered the group together and got someone in the bar to snap a picture.  He emailed it to everyone, including Leon, and hoped that this picture of a squad united would not be broken up any time soon.
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  996
November 28, 2007 12:04:49 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"Well, sir, I though we were here to kill people, actually."

He ignored the brash young Lance Corporal. He wasn't in the mood to retort. He just wanted food and water in him, and quickly. He needed to ease his stomach before it fought back and spilled itself all over whatever or whoever was unlucky enough to stand in its way.

He worried not for etiquette. In fact, if the damn stew wasn't so piping hot, he'd bypass the spoon completely and wolf the thing down as quickly as possible.

This, apparently, was entertaining to Lucky, Finch, Brock, and Baretz, who was now finishing the last of his cigar and putting the cherry out on the sole of his boot.

Giovanni jeered at them, as if to say "What are you bums looking at?"
But all that came out was Glub, glub, glub.

People were beginning to stumble out of the bar now. Their night of heavy drinking was coming to an end. After all, there was only so much the human body could take. Unless of course, you were a wookie.

Giovanni shuddered at the thought. He had pretty outrageous drinking stories, but nothing quite matched the sheer animality of a Wookie on a drinking spree. His former squad mate, Arrowcaan had cemented that memory into his still spinning brain.

Finally, the bowl was emptied. The bottle was chugged. Things, for the moment, stopped spinning violently. The episode had been averted.

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited November 28, 2007 12:08:59 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2323
Total Posts:  2689
November 28, 2007 12:16:48 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury's comlink chirped. Curious as to who it was since not too many people knew he was aboard yet, he cracked open an eye, stared it at it, then remembered he should answer it.

"Go."

"General, this is Commodore Elith." Uh oh, this sounds like work, he thought. She continued. "Your pet slicer Kraik sent us a shipment of liquor we did not order and did not want to purchase, so we've put it in a holding bay."

"Yes? Are you planning to charge me storage fees or something?"

"Well, I was planning to do just that but I swear your market research is beyond belief. We actually have to - well, your troopers have just about emptied a two-week supply of alcohol in one night - and, we have to buy your shipment out after all."

"What about the Imperial Center agents aboard ship?", Fury asked. Each fleet vessel had a crew of three manning small ship stores. "Any of them can break the shipping seals."

"Ahem. They're up to the necks in unloading and/or selling contraceptives and cigars and whatnot. They formally asked me to wake you up since they didn't want to tell you directly. Besides, they figured you'd get a kick out of it. Frankly, why is it everyone you employ is a psychopath who knows more Mando'a than a retired clone trooper?"

"Oh, never mind my hiring practices. I'll be right down to get you your precious alcohol. No need to foment a riot or anything. Oh, and no way are you getting a discount this time. You interrupted my beauty sleep."
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General

Post Number:  2299
Total Posts:  2943
November 28, 2007 12:49:23 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
While the rest of the army was enjoying themselves, Rizzit was doing anything but. He was glad that they were enjoying themselves, he ordered them to relax; Rizzit was quite uneasy though about all the drinks they were having. Either we're going to have frozen fountains of pee...or I'm going to have two companies full of stoned troopers. Oh well, might as well finish checking out the equipment... Rizzit headed down to the cargo bay to oversee the bobsleds being loaded into the drop ships.

The cargo bay was one of the very few places Rizzit had ever been that was so clean, yet so foul at the same time. There were technians checking out the ships and any equipment that was being loaded into them. No precaution could be overlooked....the empire could not afford to have any slip ups. Droids were buzzing about either assisting with repairs, translating for alien technicians or supervisor, or even simply loading up the drop ships. When Rizzit stepped off the lift, a commander in a black Imperial Officer's uniform walked over to greet him as he got off the lift.

"General Rizzit." The commander addressed him. "We're about 12 hours away from the planet Yuka. We were just about to load up the bobsleds."

Rizzit took the datapad out of the commander's hands. "Very well commander. Let's see how things check out."

Rizzit began going through the datapad and found 12 bobsleds due to be loaded that all recieved a functioning checkout from the technician. One of the bobsleds had to be checked over twice the droid technician failing it the first time. When the Zabrak technician checked it over the second time, he found no errors and had therefore passed it. There was also a total of 24 repair kits that would be loaded into the sleds. In each sled there was a compartment that would store 2 kits if need be. The Vehicle Crewmen would know how to repair vehicles from their training. Rizzit also noticed the orders to move the snowtrooper armor from the shuttles the squads arrived in to the cargo bay but no further orders concerning them.

"The armor...where is it going?" Rizzit asked.

The commander began to swear. He did not like being interrogated, or have his authority questioned. "I don't know sir. I thought that it would be dropped with the sleds."

"Oh....so you want my troopers to freeze for a bit and THEN get their semi-warm snowtrooper armor that will not completely keep them warm in which they will have to change into in possibly hostile territory on an ICE PLANET?!?"

"Well....seeing as how you put it like that..."

"You're damned right I put it like that! These are soldiers that are making YOUR job easy by not having to put you on the front line! Now....get me a couple loader droids and have them bring the armor! I'll see that our troopers get their armor personally." If they're not too drunk.

The commander started to sweat even more. Rizzit was getting angrier which made him nervous. He liked his job supervising and would hate it if he had to go down to a level where he had to do fighting again on a regular basis. He had a feeling Rizzit would threaten him with that if the conversation didn't approve.

"General Rizzit...shall I authorize the sleds and repair kits to be loaded onto the dropships?"

Rizzit nodded. "If you find yourself competent enough to do that. I'll take those droids up with me to the cantina. They should be able to find their way back with the crates." Rizzit said as he picked up a crate himself and carried it onto the lift.

The nerve of that guy! Expecting everyone to change in the cold! Talk about stupid! I'll speak with Fury about getting him a demotion of some sort. Incompetence like that cannot be tolerated like this. No one even knows what kind of troubles we'll run into down there.

Rizzit got off the lift and made his way into the cantina followed by the loader droids where as he guessed it MOST of his troopers were busy downing alcohol. "Listen up everyone! I know most of you are drunk, but its time to sober up!" Rizzit shouted as he placed his crate on the floor. The droids followed Rizzit's example and put the crates down next to his. "This is your snowtrooper armor that is SUPPOSED to keep you warm but don't expect it to be as comfortable as you are now. There was a bit of trouble getting it so be happy we have these here now! There's 12 hours left of hyperspace until begin the landing procedure at Yuka so I suggest that we start getting ready to go NOW! Bartender....no more drinks unless they are virgin drinks! I'm going to finish checking on the rest of the things around here then I need to have a word with Dere who undoubtedly has his unending cold back now that we're in space again. Oh....and Raiders: no fooling around with others' armor! This isn't something we can afford to have messed with....it may suck, but it's better than nothing...."

Rizzit turned to leave when Darr-Rann spoke up. *HIC* "Will....do...Rhezzhet...."*HIC*

Rizzit continued walking. Stars help me.....he's drunk beyond the point that troopers usually get drunk to, let alone a Squad Leader. Oh well, at least his blood will be warm....for a bit...."
High Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  138
November 28, 2007 1:04:47 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako saw Rizzit come in and unload the armor onto the floor.  He looked over at Gates and stood in a hurry planning to race to the crates.  When he stood so suddenly, he woozled a bit.  HE ha drank more than he thought, and now had to cope with awkward movements.

He moved wobbily toward the armor containers and pulled out a set that looked like the best in his size.  A few others were gathering around the boxes, and Mako looked over at the rest of the Goons as they started digging out their own armor. 

Mako took the armor back to his table, and put the helmet on.  He cranked the crowd speaker up to full volume and started to yell at the barkeep:

"No more drinks 'cept the virgins.  Virgins for everyone!  Woooo!"

A few of the drunker troops took up his new motto as a chant, while the less  drunk looked imploringly at the situation, as if begging whatever diety they liked best not to have to rely on drunken troopers to save their lives.

Mako ordered a coffee from the bar, in the hopes of countering all of the gloomy looks that he was getting from standing on the table and yelling about virgins.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
baretz_sonok
ComNet Initiate

baretz_sonok

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  110
November 28, 2007 1:16:25 AM    View the profile of baretz_sonok 
Baretz had already been to the cargo hold, and dug out one of these suits, he had thought about the possibilities of changing in the cold, and the idea hadn't sat well with him, at least, now he was proven that the officers weren't as dumb as he had began to give them credit for.

He remained seated, if they were passing out armor then he assumed they were getting close to Yuka, and he smiled with anticipation, the Soldier's life was defiantly the life for him, except without all the ass kissing.  He had managed to get A promotion without it, perhaps his luck could continue.  He stood up, walking to the bunk rooms.  He was going to be ready for the morning, they'd probably be there by then, and he wasn't going to let anything down his performance.

He took off the hijacked Snow Trooper armor, and lied his things next to his bag, and then he hit the bed with an unforgiving groan of the shoddy springs.  One last cigarette burned between his lips.  His black lungs sighed with a gentle relief, knowing that tommorrow would be worth joining the Empire.  His original desire was to avoid the danger of the Hutts, now he was fueled by a war he had no reason to be in, except his love for battle.  An inexplicable hatred fueled him, as well as the desire to fight, for the sake of fighting,  Mandalorian heritage and something much darker than that were his subconscious reasons, but he knew nothing of his subconscious, he had his own reasons, and with his ability to rationalize himself into and out of any situation it was enough to explain his desire to fight.  It proved him the superior being he claimed to be.

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  997
November 28, 2007 1:49:12 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
He was coming down from his drunkenness, and he was not happy.
All the usual symptoms were there. The dizziness, the groaning of his stomach cursing him for his irresponsible consumption of alcohol, the dull pain of his liver, recovering from the beating it had taken.

Most deplorable of all: the pounding headache.

And even he knew better than to mix any kind of pill with the amount of alcohol he had just consumed. It would bring more trouble than it was worth.

Rizzit had entered earlier, but aside from listening a bit carefully to what his Commander had to say, Giovanni had tried to move or breathe as little as possible.

"I feel icky, guys." He tried to get up, and after much labor, finally got on his feet. "Remind me to never do that again."

"Which part? The whiskey before-hand of the shots of flaming Choholl after?" Giovanni whipped his head around expecting to see Baretz, smiling through the butt of a cigar. Instead he saw Ievit.

"None of it. My days of hard drinking are over." This elicited gasps from the few patrons still lingering in the bar. After Rizzit's last call, most people had retired to sleep their drunken stupors off. A few, however, stayed around, either too drunk to move, trying to sober up, or with nothing better to do.

The Paladins didn't buy it.

"Alright, Gio. Let's get you into bed..."

"I'm serious. Alcohol is bad!"

"Yeah, sure... Come on now... watch your step"

^CombatEngineer^

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited November 28, 2007 1:49:47 AM)]
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  157
Total Posts:  535
November 28, 2007 8:18:35 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
"Em... Orobos that's your fifth glass and that stuff strong. We want you sober for this mission if your gonna be swinging that axe of your around," Urakai joked as Orobos downed his glass.

"I'll be grand, you just watch that stick of yours," he replied smiling.He shook himself and got up.

"You watch I don't get you with it you mean," Urakai said rather seriously. He seemed to take any insult to his Staff as a personnel insult. Orobos just laughed.

"I think your right though. Makos suggestion of loads of virgins is sounding appealing. It's either the drink or thats just me," he said walking away.

They looked at him worriedly but went back to talking. Orobos walked up to the bar beside Mako and ordered a coffee as well. He waited till they arrived.

"You gonna be alright?" he asked Mako who looked a bit dizzy.

"I... hope so," he said faltering a bit. Orobos looked at him taking a sip of his own Coffey. I wasn't that bad but he'd still prefer a good ale.

"Better get him another coffee," He said to the barman pointing at Mako.

Orobos walked back over to join the group sitting back down drinking some more coffee. Leon was talking with the Raiders who weren't playing sabaac He shifted his seat to join Garyll who was playing with two other members. Orobos waited a few rounds before joining them.

The waiter droid had taking what remained of his coffee away. After a couple of more rounds Mako came back over and joined them with his third cup of coffee.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1132
Total Posts:  2382
November 28, 2007 9:23:17 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“Quite a party going on,” Riq mumbled to himself as he jogged past the cantina, head band starting to ride down his forehead.  There was s slide of the door as Gio was being helped out by his squad mates, the former crying out against alcohol as the others disbelievingly tugged him off.  Riq blinked a moment at the scene that he never thought he would see, his Platoon Adjunct denouncing drinking.  Peeking into the cantina, he noticed Rizz breaking up some of the happy hour troopers and a few protesting that’s its 5 o’clock somewhere on every planet in the Galaxy, save the planet that had a four hour and fifty nine minute day.  Riq had no idea how the people could possibly live without 5 o’clock there but he shrugged it off and noticed the crates of Snowtrooper armor.

Goody, getting there soon... a glance at his wrist chrono revealed 12 hours give or take one or two.  Best get my suit and sleep up some, Noticing Gimp at the bar, he sighed, And sober up the troopers.  Removing the headband and wrapping around his wrist, Riqimo walked up to three of his troopers, Saph, Dax, and Gimp, “Hey folks, you heard the man, time to get up to our little garbage bin and see if we can get some last minute rest before hell freezes over.”

...  ...  ...

Riqimo awoke to a blaring alarm that he wearily slid his arm out and wacked to turn off before grumbling and turning over.  The alarm soon blared again and this time shook his bunk vigorously.  “Bah, alright you win.” Riqimo muttered while sleepily flinging curses at whoever invented that alarm as he did some quick grooming.  Grooming in this case was running his hands through his hair to get it looking decent and a quick breath mint popped in.

He peeked into the mirror quickly, making sure the wrinkles of the black uniform he had slept in were smoothed out before hoisting up his kit and heading to the lifts to reach the garbage masher level.

Moments later, he was strolling into the makeshift barracks with a loud, “Geeeet uuuuuuup Eclipse!” and chuckling at the grumbling that ensued as they clamored out of their cots.  “Estimated three hours ‘til shuttle drop.  Best that we get ourselves geared up and used to this thing called snowtrooper armor.  Not the most comfy thing, Jelly and I can vouch for that, none of ya’ll were around for the Illum campaign a few months back, so trust me.”

As the others were getting either awakening or still trying to sober up, Riqimo stripped down to the black bodysuit glove that he had learned to start wearing underneath his uniform, one never knew when it was needed.  And besides, it kept him at a decent temperature under normal circumstances...  normal circumstances.  Figures.

Sliding up the white jumpsuit that was worn underneath, Riqimo felt a little bulky from the air pockets that were sewn into the leggings.  Next came lowering the plaststeel chest pieces over his head; this contained several critical systems and was the only part save the helmet that actually had a hardened casing, and well it should, housing the primary heating coils.  Then came the snow cloak, a mantle that provided some extra warmth and protection from the elements.

The backpack was on next, containing several of the other systems that were essential as well, namely the communications relay systems and even a homing beacon that allowed friendly forces the knowledge of his location at about all times.  Even the command officers who may be watching from a holotable onboard the Dominion could watch the battle because of the homing beacons.  Gloves were second to last, thick white gloves with the palms a little thinner to allow normal handling of weaponry.

Weaponry... Riq had managed to seize a couple DLT-20A blaster rifles from one of his quartermaster buddies onboard the ship, specially modified to work near normal efficiency in the cold environment they would be in.  And despite it most likely being useless on the mission, Riqimo had his whip at his side more for psychological reasons than actual use.  Right next to the whip was the pistol holster, an “Annihilator” pistol left from his smuggling days and still quite illegal on some planets.

That was the left hip; on his right side was the array of non-weaponry, medical supplies especially, mixed with a few bits of survival gear he had in pouches that might come in handy out in the iced over hell.  As well as surveillance gear, Eclipse was a recon squad after all and some binoculars with a thermal scanning  setting would be quite useful.  Comm scanning equipment was with Blackout and each trooper carried a small collapsible shovel a piece of a tarp in case of a need for a shelter to be made.

Lastly, but certainly not least, was the helmet under Riqimo’s arms as he awaited the others, a few heating coils in there, short range comm systems, polarized snow goggles and the ever critical HUD unit.  Alater had just taken up the heaviest part of the e-web that his team would be handling and nodded to the rest of the fully suited (sans helmet) squad.

“Alright, only two hours now,” Riq cracked his neck, time to dump some of this crap on our little landing shuttle and check on what those speeder things we have.  Saph, you are our VC, so you don’t mind giving them a status check for us?”

She nodded curtly, obviously not wanted to be given an order so early, but knowing that is was for the better that they were checked to be functional.  It wasn’t in their best interests that they had to repair something right when they land, especially if there was a nice blizzard or something going on.  “Now if you excuse me, I’ll be having a word with the command, you folks can set your stuff down on the shuttle and I guess get familiar with the bobsleds.”

With that Riqimo slide his rifle farther up his shoulders and went off to find his Company commander.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 28, 2007 9:29:58 AM)]
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  64
Total Posts:  144
November 28, 2007 9:32:27 AM    View the profile of Gimp 
He had been awake for a while now. Normally a very restless sleeper before big events, he was surprised to had slept like a baby. The previous night had been quite a dramatic one for a man who was used to keeping things simple. He had learned the first scant details of his first battle, a fire fight on an ice cube in the farthest reaches of the galaxy. He had gotten himself drunk in under twenty minutes, lost his buzz and became deeply pensive about the possibility of his own demise. There had been a minor misunderstanding, pointless and self inflicted he now thought, that had mushroomed into a back room brawl, replete with name calling and lies.

Laying on his cot in the garbage can now brought a new clarity. The likelihood of his impending death lit the circumstances in a new way. Soldiers on every world and in every galaxy took an identical oath. That they would hold their Armies, their Squads, their Brothers in arms in higher regard than they would hold even their selves. Gimp had taken a similar oath himself but only now did it ring true. Copious amounts of alcohol and petty squabbles would not change the fact that he, or any other member of his squad or the Vast Empire Army, could be dead by the end of the day.

Standing up in his skivvies he looked over his still sleeping squad mates. He did not know what the coming day would bring, but he was ready, he knew they would be too. Eclipse Squad, Storm Platoon till death do us part.

Just then Sergeant Major Riqimo busted in“Geeeet uuuuuuup Eclipse!”
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited November 28, 2007 11:43:37 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  883
Total Posts:  1920
November 28, 2007 9:59:15 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Oh, my head...

Dante groaned and opened his eyes. He hadn't taken his armour off before doing with the rest of his squad to the bar and his back was complaining in several places. Add that to the hangover from the copious amout of alcohol he had consumed, and it was a wonder he was awake at all. Dante struggled to get up, ignoring the pain that shot through his forehead upon his doing so.

After several failed attempts, Dante struggled to his feet, carefully avoiding stepping over passed-out troopers.

What in the name of space happened here?

The bar, which Dante had remembered as pristine, was in terrible shape. Everywhere, the bodies of the Vast Imperials were sprawled on chairs or the durasteel bar.

Were it not for the absence of blood, I would have assumed they're KIA.

He took one step and a stab of pain shot through his forehead.

How many drinks did I have? I lost count after the twentieth and the brawl began....

Carefully avoiding the troopers and spilled drinks and trying not to sway, Dante left the room to change into more appropriate armour and to retrieve his weapons.

If nothing else, Illum taught me the importance of appropriate gear. The last thing I want is to die gasping for air on some miserable little snowball, especially not when I have a hangover.
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances."
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 28, 2007 10:01:46 AM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  206
Total Posts:  1385
November 28, 2007 10:30:49 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
“Alright, only two hours now,” Riq cracked his neck, "time to dump some of this crap on our little landing shuttle and check on what those speeder things we have.  Saph, you are our VC, so you don’t mind giving them a status check for us?”

She nodded curtly, obviously not wanted to be given an order so early, but knowing that is was for the better that they were checked to be functional.  It wasn’t in their best interests that they had to repair something right when they land, especially if there was a nice blizzard or something going on.  “Now if you excuse me, I’ll be having a word with the command.."

The rest became yadda, yadda to  the female as she yawned and went off to do as she was told. Probably one of the few times she actually didn't have a smart mouth attitude to give to doc.
Least I'm not there for the wake up call

Saph thought to herself. In her mind she pictured the likley responses that whomever did it would probably get  things flung at him from their own makeshift pillows. The mental image lightening her mood Saph hurried down the check the Sleds.

Her mind quickly shifted into working mode. Hands sliding over the machines as she checked the levels for anything that was damaged. Pursing her lips the Twi'lik went to the cool floor and pulled herself up under the equipment. Hands  testing the  engine mounts for anything loose. Checking the greease to make sure it was perfect and good levels for the icy world. It didn't take all that long as each was just a safty check.

"Well that was a waste of my time..."

She muttered to herself. Saph knew it was important to check them. but she doubted that anything would have changed from the last time they were checked. With a yawn she wandered off into the corner of the room to catch a few hours of sleep before they would have to be up. Thankfully Saph didn't need much in the ways of actual sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few clanking sounds woke her up. Becomming alert almost at once the female checked her watch. She had slept for about a standard hour. Still she was a little tired and she bet the others int he squad were being woken up as well. Others would probably take a while if she re-called from the mass amounts of VE personnal that made their way to the Cantina.  Her stomach growled and with a streach she stood and left to head down to the mess hall for a much needed breakfast.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited November 28, 2007 10:39:55 AM)]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  139
November 28, 2007 11:26:59 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
The coffee was waking mako up, but it of course was not wearing off the effects of the numerous Force Chokes, Fists of Palpatine, and Rebel Storms that Mako had been drinking all night; only time could do that.

Mako joined his squadmates once again at the table and looked around at them.  HE had grown fond of the group.  He liked the new life that everyone seemed enthralled with.  There was a feeling of triumph about them now, where before it was only stale quiet.

Mako eyed Gates, who was eyeing Urakai's Electro Staff.  He hoped that noone tried to grab at it for a funny joke.  Those things could take all the liqour out of someone in a brief second, and it was no toy.  On top of that, Tanus seemed defensive over it, like a long time girlfriend.

The squad sat joking and bantering about nothing for a long time.

"What do you guys think about us riding around on Bobsleds of doom?  I have a few bell laden grenades and such to pass out to the poor kids who want to take over the VE territories." MAko asked.

He pulled a bell from his pocket and jingled it lightly.

The others luaghed and said taht they had some presents of their own.

"How many dead bodies do you think they will recover with feces in their undershorts?" MAko asked.  "I know I would dropa  few pounds if I had two battallions after me."

The talk kept on for a bit, but grew a little bit less steady as the drop hour approached.  In just a little while the troops would be stuck on an icy hell chasing the abominable snowman and his friends out of town.  Mako wondered how many would return on this trip, and how many nothces he would gain on his belt for the trouble.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

[This message has been edited by Mako Sanguin (edited November 28, 2007 1:56:29 PM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  207
November 28, 2007 12:03:37 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
One could hear the rush of moving bodies moving down tha halls as Saph made her way towards the Mess Hall. At this early of the morning there had better be alot of coffee or other drinks for the VE personnal.

From the amount of hangovers coffee and stimulants are going to be needed

She thought to herself. It was always a party before a huge mission such as this. It was a wonder anyone could function to do a mission correctly at times. As she drew closer towards her destination the waffing smells of fresh processed food was in the air. Not normaly some of her favorites but her stomach was groweling  with a vengence.

"When was the last time I had eaten anything?"

She muttered under her breath. Shrugging her shoulders she decided it was early the other day and walked into the Mess hall. There were a few other VE personal in there, but not too many as of yet. Saph smiled slighty and made her way into the line, picking up a tray  she balanced it on her right hand and started off with a hot cup of coffee as she made her way farther in the line....

Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  745
Total Posts:  1091
November 28, 2007 12:19:43 AM    View the profile of Leon 
"Tanus, how's everything going at the Cantina? They're not wrecking the place are they?" Leon asked over the comm.

"Haha, only Mako. Oh and by the way they shipped the armor over to the Cantina. Only problem is our big friend Orobos, he's gonna need a custom suit."

Leon sighed, he already knew what he would have to do. "Alright, you guy's just relax, and take a breather. I'll go ask Rizzit or someone and see what they can do. Leon out."

He stuffed the Comm Link back in his pocket, and hopped off his designated bunk. Or, the bunk he had gotten to choose. As SL, he got first pick in everything. He was really starting to like the benefits that came along with this sudden rise in rank. Leon found himself in a brightly lit cooridor bustling with activity, barely giving him enough breathing room. He needed directions, so decided to ask a random passer by.

"Excuse me miss, but would you happen to know where Brigadier General Rizzit is?"

The woman hadn't even stopped to acknowledge him and just kept walking by. How rude... Wait!!! That's what I have my Data Pad for, I'll just send him a message, should have thought of that earlier. With in-humane speed, Leon typed up a quick message that read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brigadier General Rizzit,

This is Sergeant Leon, Dark Dragoons newly appointed Squad Leader. One of my trooper's is lacking a proper suit of armor, and need's a custom set ASAP. He happens to be a Whiphid, so I can imagine it'd be heard to find a proper set. Please contact me when ever you get the chance, thanks.

Sergeant Leon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, now that I got that done, time to go back and review the Squad's spec's. He scrolled down on the Data Pad past Urakai's information -- Who he had already memorized -- And began reading Orobos' info. I can't wait to see this particular one in combat, things should get quite gruesome with him around. He seem's like a great asset to the squad.... A hunter hmmm? And born in a very cold climate. Looks like the cold won't have much affect on him, with or without armor.

Leon continued to read on about the trooper, bumping into a couple of people as he made his way to no place in particular. A sudden flash of white light stopped Leon in his tracks.

"What was t-" He was cut short as another flash of white light cut across his vision. He realized what it was... Snow. "What? What's happening?" He tried to move but found himself in a state of paralysis. He looked down and saw that his armor was covered in blood, his blood.

"Leon, Leon, speak to me!"

It was Aeos... and he suddenly realized that he was having a flash back, and in a matter of seconds, everything returned to normal and he once again found himself in the crowded cooridor. Leon found himself slightly disturbed, realizing that was when he lost his memory due to a very hard hit on the head. He could feel his hands trembling slighty, and his breathing had sharpened. I better go get some rest...

Leon proceeded to make his way back to the squads temporary quarters. Once there, he collapsed on his bunk, sleep over-taking him in a matter of minutes. Hopefully he would dream of good things, hopefully.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  140
November 28, 2007 12:44:33 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako looked at Orobos.

"Looks like they will have to recycle some trash can for ya buddy!"

The great Whiphid didn't look happy at first, but soon saw the drunkenness behind the joke and cracked a smile.

"Around of coffee for everyone!" Mako screamed to the room.

Tallying the bill, he hoped silently that some of the troops would not want to take him up on that round.

Mako got up and started to walk around a bit.

Mako decided to risk taking out the one true cube in front of his squad again, this time with more restraint, and asked if anyone wanted to put some coins on a game.

The others looked at him a bit oddly, and Urakai stared dazzled at the cube. 

Mako quickly put it away again.  He had already had to journey through time itself to get teh cube back, and he didn't want to lose it now.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

Saphira Striker
ComNet Cadet

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  208
November 28, 2007 1:29:14 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Feeling a little more awake after a few sips of the coffee Saphira, hurried threw the line and choose a decent breakfast. Mainly some fruit and a little meat. Though she wasn't that big of a meat lover it was important she had enough protein to keep herself going, and more importantly not have to  eat too many ration bars often.

"Great.."

She  said out loud. Her hand reaching for some more fruit. It wasn't that she was upset, more so that he choices of food were limited. With a sigh the female headed threw the rest of the line and then out to find a table. Already people were piling in as others went to grab their pick of a seat. Reminding her much like  how it was back in her younger years she couldn't help but surmice a growl as her feet moved her foward to a table in the far corner.

Setting the tray down with a light tap she slid into her seat and  scanned the room wondering if anyone else from her squad was going to make it in time to eat a decent meal before things got to complicated.

"Oh well.. their loss.."

She whispered to herself, taking her right hand to grasp her coffee as she swallwed it down like water. The contents warming her up to move the blood as she started to dig into her meal.

Bet ya Doc is off on some meeting  before the orders are barked out  for us to get a move on..

Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  159
Total Posts:  535
November 28, 2007 2:19:42 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
They all walked back to their quarters to get some rest. Mako put up a bit of a fight in his drunken state but thanks to the alcohol causing all lose of depth perception he didn't hurt anyone. They guided him through the corridors him and Urakai stood on either side of him so he didn't hurt anyone.

They reached the room and found Leon unconscious on the bunk a datapad clutched in his hand lying face-down on his pillow. They moved in. Orobos didn't see any sign of armour suited for him. He sighed either way he was going on this mission. The armour wasn't because of the cold, from what he heard it was slightly warmer then his home-planet. No it was for what protection it provided.

The set Mako down on one of the bunks. He just sank in under the covers and fell asleep. The rest of them did the same welcoming the surprisingly comfortable beds. After a while he drifted off.

Orobos awoke three quarters of an hour later his squad-mates still asleep. He swung his legs out of the bed. As his feet touched the floor he found it a lot colder even though the heaters seemed to be on full blast, the machine spewing out the heat giving off a slight redish glow.

He stood up and walked over to the door and punched the control panel which as pretty much everything else was small and he ended up hitting the close button at the same time. He growled angrily hitting the right button harder then necessary leaving a small mark on it otherwise unnoticeable. A few of his squad-mates stirred a bit but didn't get up.

He stepped outside the door. There was hardly anyone. One or two technicians walked buy humming some merry tune or other as they went about their work. He couldn't understand why, they must have the worst jobs this side of the Galaxy.

He looked out one of the heavily fortified windows, made to withstand the vacuum of space and the extreme heat put on them when entering hyperspace. The planet Yuka sat in space in front of him as if suspended there on a string. He started in disbelief at the site in front of him. It was amazing. The utter whiteness of the planet standing out from the blackness of space. He started at it a few moments.

He turned and walked down to the cantina. It was practically empty with the only people being asleep in their chairs in uniform. He walked up to the bar. There was a different barman, probably worked shifts, Orobos thought to himself as he ordered a small glass of some soft drink he never heard of. something like that wouldn't keep him drowsy or hyper but just right to wake him up. He didn't fancy having another coffee having several the previous night.

He walked back to the room downing the rest of the drink. He crumpled up the can with little effort and threw it into a bin. He walked back into the room. a few of his squad-mates were awake enough to mumble a hello or moan a bit about the coldness which crept into the room after him.

"I don't know what your complaining about when your going to have to put up with much worse down on the planet," Orobos said matter of factly. It brought a chorus of moans from everyone and he had a pillow in his face the next second. he scooped it up and threw it back across the room at the portrayer before sliding back into bed.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  143
November 28, 2007 3:07:23 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako slept hard.  The bed was soft, but any bed would be soft in his condition. 

He had visions of dark alleys, his hand outstretched to collect on a bill that he knew wasn't a real debt.  He saw the eyes of his victims looming in the shadows, staring blankly at him from ther dark perches.

Mako stirred.

He looked behind him and saw the great mass of Orobos and the ever reliant Gates behind him.  These were not the hired muscle who had accompanied him on so many underworld missions of days gone past, but they were there none the less.

He looked down at his hand.  It was covered in the old pirate tongue language that had covered the hands that snatched his promised life away.  He knew that he was dreaming.

In his dream...He thought about the fact that he had a new life.  He thought about the fact that he had new friends.  HE thought about how they were going to spend Christmas Eve tucked away on some icy planet a million light years away from everything that he now knew.

"Bah Humbug" he thought.

Just then, a new vision.  He was in the quarters on the ship, but he was alone.

A rustling sound made itself known, then a dark figure appeared from the shadows, chains binding him.

"I am Exar Cun.  Spirit of the Sith Christmas Past.  You will come with me."

Mako saw a wonderous vision of HSC's past, and as the mighty squads fought so hard for the freedom of the Imperial Galaxy, he knew that Shantsa would be no more.  It was a vision that he felt proud to see.

He stirred again, back in his quarters on the ISD Dominion.  "It was a dream."  He thought.

Then a light appeared in the same spot as before..a hooded figure..."I am Emperor Palpatine.  THe ghost of Sith Christmas Present.  You will come with me." He said.

Again Mako was whisked away, of to the icy planet for which they were bound.  He saw destruction galore.  HE saw troopers on boblseds armed to the teeth.  He saw his friends huddled together, and the new SL Leon leading the plans.  He saw that Orobos had gotten some makeshift armor from somewhere, and he saw them all standing tall.

Then he was again in his room, again alone.

The third rustling.  A hooded figure again appeared.  This time a bit shorter, a little less dark.  This one had actually cared for something.

"I am Dark Lord Kadann, ghost of Sith Christmas Future.  You will come with me."

Mako was whisked away into a cloudy vision of the future.  He had gained rank, but he saw the VE divided.  He knew that something had happened to split the VE so harshly, but he could not see what.

"You must enjoy the HSC, and embrace the spirit of the Sith Christmas, otherwise the entire VE may be destroyed."

Mako again awoke in his quarters, but this time he saw Orobos standing there watching him as he stirred, and saw his other squad mates wondering at why he was shouting.

He got up, screaming:

"Embrace the Sith Christmas Spirit!  We are going to have a grand time on this ice planet.  We get bobsleds, and ice armor, and...." Mako was shouting.

"Shut up, man!  We are sleeping!" Some of the others looked angry.

Mako went back quietly to his bed and started thinking of all of the things that he would give for Christmas.

Surely someone needed a new rifle or something.

He couldn't wait for the gift giving to start in the Dark Dragoons.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  314
Total Posts:  462
November 28, 2007 3:16:23 PM    View the profile of Urakai 

The dimly lit room offered no more warmth than the cantina. Everyone was either snoring or coughing up some mess. Urakai couldn’t sleep. He had got a few winks before but now he was really starting to think about the mission he endured last year. He remembered the hells of the ice planet. Urakai just hoped the other squad members didn’t have to bear what he did.

“Hey, that ain’t going to do much good, buddy.” Came a voice, surprising  Urakai.

He looked up to see Mako sitting up on his bed, rubbing his eyes. A little confused, Urakai looked down at his hands. He was sharpening one of his vibro blades. This was a habit he had formed when he was inactive. He missed the days of intense warfare, yet despised them so much.

Quickly restoring them to their place in his pack, he apologized, “Sorry. I can sometimes wander off.”

Mako gave a little chuckle before retreating back to his pillow. Urakai then looked back down at his blades. If you looked closely, you’d notice the scars and scratches they had embraced. Some things never change…

Some groans came from his other squad members as Orobos walked in, letting the light flow from outside the door.

"I don't know what your complaining about when your going to have to put up with much worse down on the planet," Orobos said as a matter of fact.

At this, all everyone called for him to shut the hell up, only problem was that they had all crashed, and it just seemed like an orchestra of mumbles.

Then Mako suddenly awoke shouting something about spirits and bobsleds to which everyone yelled 'shut up' to.
Corporal Urakai

|DARK DRAGOONS|
CPL Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious!
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited November 28, 2007 3:17:07 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3108
Total Posts:  3940
November 28, 2007 3:23:34 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes yawned. Trying to remain awake. He was lounging in Rizzit's office, waiting for his old squad leader to return. Snipes had personally called himself out of a very relaxing vacation once he caught wind of the mission ahead. Oh he hated the cold, hated it a lot, in fact there was no liking it. But Snipes knew they would need all the help they could get.

Snipes stretched again, and began considering a short nap when the door finally opened and an haggard Rizzit shuffled in.

"You look like hell." 

Rizzit jumped visibly, then flipped the light switch.

"You're in my chair."

"Yeah, well, just got back, thought I'd let you know."

"Oh yay, now I have to start scanning my office again."

Snipes smiled, "Where do you want me?"

"Uhg, I don't care, Wraiths needs people, as usual."

Snipes snorted, "Of course."

"Pick a briefing up along the way, I need a nap."

"I'll see you later."

Snipes fluidly bounced out of the chair and into a walk out the door, quietly puffing on his cigarra.

He didn't take long to find Wraiths accommodations, the Dominion was after all this time very familiar to him. He waited a few minutes before busting in. Only to find none but but Arnaut still there.

"Please tell me you aren't all that's left." Snipes said, slightly afraid he was.

Arnaut smiled. "No, the rest are, well, elsewhere. You're back though, just visiting or going to get your hands dirty?"

"I'm here to crack some skulls, as usual. Rizzal said you guys were a little undermanned."

"As usual"
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/SFC Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
----------------------------------------------
A wedding? I love weddings, drinks all around!
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  316
Total Posts:  462
November 28, 2007 3:41:12 PM    View the profile of Urakai 

After being pretty pissed off by people who felt like disrupting precious sleep, Urakai decided to take a walk. Many officers and technicians were zooming through the halls, giving status of the ship and positioning, he guessed. Walking past one of the janitors, Urakai came to the bar. The crates were still there, and to his amusement, a troop was lying down in the small crate, dead to the world. Other than that, there were only a few troopers left conversing.

“Bartender,” Urakai started, taking a seat, “got anything I could eat?”

The bartender laughed as he pulled out a small, dusty menu. It didn’t have many choices, but then again it was a bar, not a restaurant.

After downing his hunger with a light snack, Urakai continued his walk, however staying away from the windows. Lights in hyperspace made his head flash, and also reminded him he was in space. Urakai always hated space. He would have much rather been in the clear open, fresh air with solid ground.

His walk carried on until he found himself back at the Dark Dragoons quarters again. This time, Tanus was the one up.

“Couldn’t sleep?” Urakai whispered as he slowly laid back down again.

“Nah... Just thinking about the mission.” Tanus replied in the darkness.

Then Mako could be heard, twisting and turning in his sleep, mumbling “Sith......spirit......bobsled......Christmas…..”

“Must be space dementia.” Urakai suggested.

“I’d believe that.” Tanus agreed, rolling back over in his bed.

Unusually, Urakai drifted right back to sleep.
Corporal Urakai

|DARK DRAGOONS|
CPL Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious!
Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2324
Total Posts:  2689
November 28, 2007 3:56:18 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury read the latest report from Rizzit and chuckled. Well, this should be fun, he thought.

Paler had managed to pack along a small arsenal in the crate that held his armor. He had found some mottled white fabric in the ship's stores and had traded a bottle of Bakuran whiskey for a tailor to make him a cloak that matched the traditional maroon garment that the Galactic Marines were once known for. Call him unsentimental, but wearing red on a planet of ice just seemed like a sure way to eat a long range blaster bolt.  The fabric was covered in brown and dark grey splotches to break up and, hopefully, blend in with the terrain and was a nice heavy felt material. Hell, it looked good. And menacing, which is really all you wanted out of armor. Shock value, and possibly the ability to absorb a couple blaster shots aimed at your torso.

The HUD was a thing of beauty. Paler had been talking about rewritting the MFTAS system and incorporating the full suite of goodies that elite clone troopers had once had. Apparently he had gotten it to work and, more importantly, to synch with standard Imperial military frequencies. Obviously, it would take forever to push this out into general production, but if the Imp Center shock troops on the bigger transports could use it, he wouldn't have to worry about licensing fees. Too bad he'd be the live-action guinea pig.

But for now, the shock value element. He had on a couple slugthrower pistols, a bandolier of grenades and his trusty A-280. Behind him came a droid with an armor kit and an array of light pistols and a couple carbines.

He walked quietly onto the main hangar deck and stopped in the center of the section where the dropships were being prepped.

"DECK OFFICER!" he mouthed, amplifying his external vocoder.

He waited.

But not for long.

A flustered officer in black came running around a dropship. He obviously was not doing much heavy lifting and was more of a supervisor type. His garrison cap was on straight, his uniform crisp, and he was not even breaking a sweat, unlike, well, everyone around him.

He stopped in front of Fury, trying to assess the situation. He had a trooper in front of him in a decades-old armor design, armed to the teeth, with no rank insignia. The poor guy couldn't figure out whether to salute or give him an ass chewing.

Fury decided to help.

Taking off the helmet and cradling it in the crook of his left arm, he started the conversation.  "Hiya. I'm the prefect around here. I hear you want to volunteer to help my boys out down below."

A quick salute came up, then some stammering. "Pl....eased to make your acquaintance General. I am Commander Tuloi, Imperial Navy, assigned to the Dominion as a hangar bay specialist."

He waited.

To his credit the man kept his salute straight and true the whole time.  Fury decided to flip him a quick salute back before his arm fell off. Seriously, he was a symbol - and that was both good and bad - of a highly organized, mindless horde of bureaucratic officer.

"Good, good. Then you are the right man for the job."

"With all due respect sir, I'm a naval officer, what could I possibly do to help you?"

"Well, I gathered from General Rizzit that you lack a clear understanding of the deployment routine of Stormtrooper Corps. Sure, you can pack us in a can and ship us groundside, but how would you like to see how we actually go about "suppressing the enemy", as it were?"

His Adam's apple jumped, but noticeably there was no actual gulping sound. He could work this guy into something, he thought.

"Well sir, I'm no front line soldier, and to be honest, I'm not the best shot in the galaxy...."

Fury grinned. The kind that made junior officers nervous. It worked on Navy personnel too. "That's alright. I've got plenty of shooters, but not so many supply guys. Don't worry, unless something goes real bad for us, you should be okay.

"Here's the deal though. I'm going to help you get real in-depth experience and you're going to let me drag you along dirtside. Well, ice-side as it were, but you're following right?"

A nod.

"Okay, here's the armor kit. The droid will leave that. Grab a sidearm and a blaster. You've got slots for flash training in two hours on your kit and a session at the range following that. You've got a lieutenant who everyone swears can do your job without screwing things up too badly. Pick a half dozen of your crew other than him and get them to the same training. They'll get their kit issued as soon as we get the height/weight/whatnots from you. 

"Your job is to set up a redoubt for us. If this gets hard we'll be landing artillery. It isn't here but I think we can expect a ship in a day or so. Meanwhile, help set up a field hospital, an ammo dump, and a repair facility. See? You'll even have shelters and everything. That's not so bad, huh?"

He almost made it sound reasonable. He also almost made it sound like a suggestion. The commander knew better.

"Sir, yes sir. Right away sir."

"Good man. Alright, I've got to get ready for my ride. Have a good day everyone." He put his bucket back on and turned up his external mic. Apparently the mutters of the enlisted men told him he was doing the right thing. The mutters from the commander weren't actually as profane as he had expected. Apparently the guy had grown up religious or something.
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:54:35 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 143  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >