Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
Wicket
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  310
Total Posts:  378
  RE: Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?
November 30, 2007 10:27:12 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket was very energized on the count of he took a nap during the flight to Yuka, which is quite rare. He almost never takes naps on the shuttles because that is his favorite part of the mission.

Eclipse squad had been left in charge to Jelly, the new ASL. So far he had been doing a great job. Wicket really liked Jelly. He admired his determination and his bravery. Jelly was like a brother to Wicket. He was someone who Wicket could look up to.

The squad was working on different assignments that Doc had given them before he had left to attend to his own business. Wicket needed a break for a moment. He had been digging a trench in the snow like crazy. So he decided to go play for a few moments or so. He walked away from the squad quietly, hoping not to get noticed. There was an open area a few meters away, with fresh newly fallen snow. Wicket rarely ever saw snow, so he enjoyed playing in it.

Once in the open area, Wicket jumped into the air and landed into a nice, fresh pile of snow. A big smile came on his face as he began to roll around. He picked up handfuls of snow to pretend like it was snowing, even though it was already blizzarding. He continued this for another few minutes. Suddenly he looked up and saw Jelly a few feet away, and the nest thing he knew, a giant snowball hit him in the face. "Hahaha!" Jelly laughed. "That's what you get for not doing what you are supposed to be doing." Wicket went stumbling back and then finally tripping. As he fell back, he hit a soft pile of snow and went falling through.

"Whoa!" Wicket shouted.

Dax looked up from what he was currently doing and saw Wicket go crashing to the ground. He ran over and noticed Wicket stuck in a giant pile of snow. "I can't get out!" Wicket whined. Dax went over and offered Wicket his hand.

"Here. I'll help you little buddy." Dax said as he grabbed Wicket's hand and pulled him out.

"That was fun!" Wicket shouted. Jelly glared at Wicket, bending down to pick up some more snow. He began to pack the snow into another firm snowball. "Sorry..." Wicket said quickly and rushed back to where he was digging.

Wicket picked up his shovel and began to make his trench. Looking left and right, Wicket noticed that there was still a lot left to do. "Can someone come help me with this?" Wicket asked as if he was about to collapse form being over worked.

"Come on now Wicket." Saphira said. "We all know it's not that hard. Quite acting like you are dying." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Fine..." Wicket replied. "But can someone still come help me? I have a lot to do yet."

Xenos went over and picked up a shovel near the equipment case then ran towards Wicket. "So what am I doing?" Xenos asked.

"Oh hey Xenon! Thanks for helping!" Wicket instantly cheered up. "So basically what were are doing is just digging this snow, till we cant anymore, making a hole in the ground. Then what we do is just pile up the snow in front of the trench we just made. That simple." Wicket explained. Xenos nodded and they both began to get back to work.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
^CombatEngineer^

TRP/GSGT Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [RoM] [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [VUA-Eclipse] [IH]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  169
Total Posts:  535
November 30, 2007 11:20:25 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos trudged through the snow after his squad. The enemy they had just fought seemed to have technology at there disposal that could mask almost all the heat radiating from them to make them almost invisible on their thermal detectors. The only thing he thought was strange was they seemed to use a lot of weapons which fired solid slugs.

He slid his vibro-axe back into it's slug and slid out the magazine in his heavy blaster letting it drop sinking into the melting snow around it because of the heat it radiated. He slid in a full clip.

They walked in silence along-side the Raiders. The silence was broken when some mumbled something about a fire. Orobos chuckled and so did most of the squad but also adding a small agreement.

"Wish we had armour like that," Mako said finally breaking the silence, "Must be warm in them if they're that thick."

"You never know they might have to give up a lot of their warmth to stay invisible to our thermal detectors," Orobos said in reply,

"I suppose," he said, "What was with those slug throwers, they wouldn't have done anything to modern armour,"

"I don't know they're strong enough," Urakai added, "big dent in by helmet from one of them,"

"Either way it's a gun and they're being used against us so just watch yourselves," Leon said ending the discussion.

After a while the rest of them went back to talking about fires and tropical planets and Leon was forced to stop them talking about that as well.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
have a merry |DARK DRAGOONS| christmas

aka, joking, drinking, christmas pranks and the usual celebration
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1153
Total Posts:  2382
November 30, 2007 11:37:38 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“You know... they might not know we are here at all...” Riqimo mused quietly from the corner of the tent, his helmet cradled in his arm.

“What’s that Riq?” Rizzit looked up from the datapad he was reviewing.

“Well... they want to be hidden on this planet.  So I would imagine they have something planetwide that jams communications over long ranges, say to orbit.” Riqimo placed his helmet on the table and willed his teeth not to clatter, “These people have been building up here, preparing themselves.  They wouldn’t want to be detected.”

“So we might still have element of surprise still?” Leon looked at the small holomap set up next to the table, showing their little encampment and the surrounding terrain.

“Probably, until their patrol fails to check in anyways,” Riqimo shrugged, “Where about did you make contact with them?”

Darr pointed to the northwest of the tiny base still being set up by the Phoenix Company, “About there, they were heading towards those cliffs to the east I think, at least when we made contact.”

“We will have to recon that then,” Rizzit nodded, “And I assume you left the bodies where they were?”

Leon nodded, “Blizzard should cover them up well enough within thirty minutes.  Doubt they will be found with their armor apparently hiding heat signatures.”

“It makes sense,” Riqimo shrugged, “Jam the entire planet, if not, then the main area that you have your encampment.  They most likely have sensors around somewhere, but it seems unlikely that they found us, else they might have retaliated in some manner.”

“So this is something like the Rebel hideout on Hoth that we learn about in tactics school?” Gio glanced at the holo terrain, “Don’t see anything that might suggest that in the lay of the land.”

Riqimo shrugged again, obviously annoying some of the others slightly, “Similar but maybe not exactly the same.  They want to hide here and build up their strength, at least what I can derive from the little intel we have.  Same concept as the Rebels back in 2 ABY when they started construction of Echo Base.  In 3 ABY, they would have build themselves up enough that they would have a foundation to blow the death star years later.  History aside though, they might have had more than a year...”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 30, 2007 1:21:55 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  900
Total Posts:  1920
November 30, 2007 11:43:44 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Time of post: Before return of Raiders and DD to basecamp

As the Raiders approached their objective, everything went to hell in a handbasket. Dante felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

This would be the perfect place for an ambush.

Darr and Rogueboy apparently felt the same way, as the Raiders Squad Leader tensed, seemingly staring into empty space.

"Keep your eyes peeled for hostiles."

"Roger that."

As the squad slowly advanced, with heat sensors activated, crimson blaster bolts came out of thin air, whizzing past Dante's ear. As one, the squad ducked, and the second salvo hit nothing but air.

Dante took one moment to look at his motion sensor and was surprised at the lack of any reading.

Damn. They have some kind of stealth equipment.

As more blaster bolts flew through the air, melting holes in the snow, Darr fired several shots into what appeared to be thin air. A white-clad human appeared as if from thin air and fell to the snowy ground with a thud, still clutching his slagged chest. As a crimson puddle spread from under his corpse, Dante noticed footprints appearing in the snow.

Stang. There are more of them.

Quickly he pulled the pin off one of his frag grenades, counted to three, and threw it. It landed in the snow, bounced once, and sent shards of metal everywhere. The pieces of durasteel flew in all directions and there was a sound of crackling electricity as several others turned visible.

The hostiles stood still in shock for exactly 0.78 seconds. That was all the time the Raiders needed to fill the air with red and sapphire energy. Five of the rebel patrol dropped, their vital organs fired by the blaster bolts, while the sixth turned and tried to flee. He was two meters away when the bolt of crimson energy melted his helmet and put him out of his energy.

The squad scanned the area, searching for other targets, but found none. Darr-Rann holstered his pistol and straightened up.

"Set up the sensor and see if any more out there, then get ready to make a beeline for the camp. The High Command has to know about this."

Reason for edit: To add "time of post" to avoid confusion  ~Riqimo
TRP/LCPL Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? You overestimate their chances."
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2007 12:24:38 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 30, 2007 1:45:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2007 5:14:20 PM)]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  167
Total Posts:  275
November 30, 2007 3:56:31 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako noticed that the downed soldier who had landed on the Thermal Detonator was still smoldering.  He quickly ran over to the corps and warmed his hands on the still smoking embers of the mans' frame. 

The soldiers' armor was not very hot at all, given that it was in the process of burning.  Mako soaked up the opportunity to get some of the numbness out of his hands, even if it was just a weak fire on a dead man's back.

Orobos laughed at his willingness to hover over a fallen foe and still thought  that it was funny that the rest of his squadmates were so sensitive to the cold.  Mako decided that Orobos would just continue to taunt them, and he also decided that he didn't care. 

If the weather got much colder, Mako would just snuggle up to the great furry Whiphid and try to get warm that way.  He knew that Orobos would definitely mind it a whole lot, but he also knew that it would show the Whiphid to have more compassion for those poor souls (for now at least) who were born without fur.

Leon gave the order to move back to base, and Mako formed up with  the rest of his group.  They trudged along through the snow, heaving each leg up higher and higher to keep out of the bottom depths of the frost.

Mako's feet were numb still, and his less chilled hands were already getting a pain in them from refreezing so soon after he had regained feeling.

When they made it back to base camp, Leon went in to check the situation.  Mako looked around and saw that they had no snow shelter as of yet. He mentioned it to Tanus, as he grabbed his snowshovel from his pack.

""Goons, start digging a shelter so we can get this wind off of us.  I would like to at least freeze to death slowly."

Mako started to dig as the others grabbed their gear and joined in.  HE was thinking of the warmth of the fiery corpse and wished that he had another one to roast slowly in their shelter.

Even with two thermal undersuits on beneath his armor, he was still chilled to the bone, and everything that touched snow constantly was actually so numb that it hurt to move.

He couldn't wait to get inside the shelter and get a few degrees warmer.  He dug furiously, all the while thinking of the roasty toasty warmth his hands had felt, and how good the warmth from that thermal detonator had felt for the brief instances that they had blessed him with.

Mako looked over at Orobos, who was actually smiling while he was digging the shelter.  Mako wondered if he was thinking about the frailty of his squadmates under cold weather conditions.  At least DD wasn't constantly whining about it.  Mako could see a friendly brawl starting before too long if someone would have been making a big deal out of that.

The fact is, everyone is cold, even Grand General Fury in his swanky tent hotel.  Mako was glad that he ha dnot joined the Navy, especially after watching the sad sacks that Fury was whipping orders to.  It was funny to Mako when they tried to resist the command structure, because it always ended up so much worse than it needed to be.
Go ahead, laugh.  It's all fun and games until someone puts YOUR eye out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

TRP/CPL Mako Sanguin/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
DI/CPL Mako Sanguin/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
Author/JRN Mako Sanguin/Lotaith/VET/VE
Wicket
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Wicket

Post Number:  313
Total Posts:  378
November 30, 2007 4:11:18 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket and Xenos continued to dig the trenches along with some members of Paladin. "You think you got a good idea on what you're doing Xenon?" Wicket asked.

"It's Xenos...and yes I know what I'm doing." Xenos replied.

"Oh, I know what your name is. Anyway. I think I'm gunna go get started on making those turrets." Wicket said dropping the shovel. He rolled onto the ground as if he was trying to avoid blaster fire, but it was really just him trying to play in the snow.

Wicket made his way over to Jelly to see what he was doing. "Hey Jelly! I think we should get started on making some of those turrets. So go gather up Alater and Gimp Mr. Assistant Squad Leader. I think they would be the most useful for building the damn things. So me you and them can all work on them, while the rest of the squad digs up some trenches."

"Yes I am the ASL, so therefore, you go get Alater and Gimp." Jelly replied with a laugh. "But otherwise I think that is a good plan." Wicket sighed and walked away to find the other two squad mates. Why do I have to do everything... Wicket thought to himself. As he began to walk away a snowball hit him in the back and fell face first into the snow. Jelly's laughter could be heard from behind. Wicket got up and made a sad face at Jelly. "Oh come on!" Jelly shouted. "You know I'm just playing around!"

"I know!" Wicket quickly changed from pretending to be sad to smiling. He walked off again.

"Alater! Gimp! Alater! Gimp!" Wicket began to shout their names in search of them. "Alater! Gimp! Alater! Gimp! Alat-" His mouth was suddenly covered by a large hand with claws. Wicket's eyes widened and he began to panic.

"No need to shout Little One." Alater hissed. "We are both right here. What did you need."

Once Wicket's mouth was uncovered he gasped for air as if he were dying. "Well...I think...it's time...to build...the turrets." Wicket said. Alater glared at Wicket. "Sorry." Wicket said and began to breathe normally again. "So let's go meet Jelly over by the supplies." The three began to walk away.

Wicket led them on the way to were Jelly was seated, looking over some papers. Wicket was catching snowflakes in his mouth while they walked. Jelly could not see them coming, so Wicket picked up some snow and balled it up. He threw it at Jelly, but it whizzed right by his head. "Dammit!" Wicket shouted as Jelly turned around. "Alater! How dare you!" Wicket shook his head, acting disgusted. Alater went closer to Wicket, showing the size difference between them. "Sorry Jelly. That was me."

"I know. Who else would have that bad of aim." Jelly replied. "So, while Wicket was getting you two, I thought of something."

"Thought of what?" Gimp asked.

"Well I figured that Alater, you, and myself could build the base and what not of the turret. Since we are quite strong." Jelly said while taking a glance down towards his bicep muscles. "Once we are done with that, Wicket can do the wiring, since he is the CE. Good idea?" They all nodded. "Alright. Good. The materials are over here. Let's go gather up the materials and start."
^CombatEngineer^

TRP/GSGT Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [RoM] [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [VUA-Eclipse] [IH]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  168
Total Posts:  744
November 30, 2007 4:36:11 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus swept his eyes over the area in front of him. Regardless of how he was in the midst of the other Stormtrooper squads, he wasn’t taking any chances. He wanted to take up firing positions, but knew it wouldn’t serve a purpose; if the enemy wanted to come they would, regardless of whether or not Tanus was in a good position. He took out a scope and attached it to his DC-15 and went to the thermal imaging option. He scanned the snow looking for any other possible hostiles. He scanned first left, then right, then back again. He found nothing, but the scope back in his survival kit. He looked over and saw Rogueboy staring at him. He then looked back towards the swirling snow.

“I know what you’re thinking, Tanus. Don’t worry, I’ve been thinking the same thing.”

Tanus nodded and went back to his ready posture, his rifle firmly in his grasp. He stared down at it; this was going to be his best friend for a long time.

“Yeah, well, Rogue, not for nothing I wasn’t expecting to run into hostiles so soon. Nor was I expecting to run into hostiles that put up such a huge fight. Something just doesn’t seem right.”

Rogue nodded and turned back to the snow and ice before him. The snow was getting no worse, and it was getting no lighter; it was simply a constant stream of cold wind, beating against the white armor of the Stormtroopers. Rogue took a seat on an ammo crate behind him. Tanus did too; standing was starting to irritate him. As he sat, Rogue propped his weapon up next to him on the ground.

“So, Tanus, what have you been up to?”

Tanus was kind of taken aback by the question. He had only worked with Rogueboy once, as a Nightstalker. He’d seen him around the barracks a few times, but that was all.

“Well, not much. I’ve been keeping busy with the Dragoons, mostly for keeping them in line. Then there is the ARC stuff, which I’m actually allowed to talk about, but that’s all I’ve been up to recently. And you?”

“Nothing at all, really. I’ve been busy with the Raiders, did a few missions. But other than that nothing much.”

Tanus sat there for a while in silence; he couldn’t really think of much to say. He was generally quiet as it was, and talking about his excursions to people he didn’t really know wasn’t so much uncomfortable as it was difficult to find conversation. They both sat there in silence for a while, hearing as the wind howled and the unrelenting snow fell from the heavens, blanketing everything in a coat of white.
SGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

|DARK DRAGOONS|

You cannot know me because I know the truth.
You cannot hurt me because I know the truth.
You cannot frighten me because I know the truth.
You cannot touch me because I know the truth.
You cannot love me because I know the truth.
But I can.
I can love you.
I can touch you.
I can frighten you.
I can hurt you.
I can know you.
I can know you.
I.
can.
know.
you.
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  903
November 30, 2007 4:53:34 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka. northern continent
0:30:25 units after Raiders/hostile first encounter
14:15 local time

There was a meaty thump and a hairy alien fell heavily to the floor. It twitched, then tried to get up.

Minions of Xendor, it's persistent.

Nearby, there was a scream as an ivory-armoured Raider slit an enemy trooper's throat. She toppled to the ground, hands clutching her severed jugular and mouth still open in a silent scream. Dante felt a stunning blow hit him between the sholder blades, and he fell heavily to the ground. The Barabel,which sported several sahes on its thick armour hissed in amusement, then lunged for the kill. Dante quickly lifted his deece from the ground and held it up. There was a loud shrieking noise as the alien's claws scratched the side of the weapon's barrel and left deep marks on its side. Dante grinned under the padded helmet and used the weapon to club the hostile to the ground. It tried to get up and contine fighting even as Dante poured bolt after bolt into itd armoured head. It wasn't until its skull had been melted and Dante had used up half a clip that it finally fell silent and became deathly still. Nearby, the other hostiles were dead, thanks to a well placed grenade and a lot of blaster fire. Dante straightened up and shoved another clip into his deece.

After the first attack, the Raiders had set up the display and attempted to report. Unfortunately, the jamming devices had been reactivated and Darr had only been able to give a brief report before the comm channel was overwhelmed by static. To make things even worse, the snow had returned in force and the squad was making its way through what had to be the worst-timed snowstorm in Dante's career. Thankfully, the enemy had adjusted its jammer to prevent long distance communications, meaning that comunication between squad members was now possible.

However, it meant that they had no more chances to call for help from the Star Destroyer in orbit.

I'm no fan of planet razing but it would be a lot simpler to melt this little ball of ice. Almost any base would be reduced to atoms by a Victory-class or even a Dreadnaught.

Also, it ensured that the shuttles with the transports would have to find the squads on their own.

Why am I not enthusiastic about that prospect?

The hostile forces clearly had set up at least one major base on the planet, as shown by the patrols the Raiders had run into. Here the enemy jammers backfired: the patrols could not report the assault or call for help. If the patrols were long-distance, as their attire and equipment suggested, then the enemy comanders could be unaware of the VE presence on the world. However, there was no way they could miss the Impstar in orbit and unless the squads hurried, the foe could call for help from their allies.

If enemy reinforcments arrive, the odds of our survival are slim to none.

The Raiders had encountered two other patrols, one of which had been barely two minutes after the first incident with the stealth troopers. The hostiles had been caught off guard, due to the snowstorm, and they had been quickly sent to the netherworld by the use of vibroblades.Now, the Raiders walked single file, with their weapons held at firing position, and headed for the base.

Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2007 5:20:04 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Veteran

Rogueboy

Post Number:  1234
Total Posts:  2089
November 30, 2007 6:24:06 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The squad was settled down in one of the barracks that was set up by another one of the squads, while on patrol Rogueboy had snagged a rather big piece of wood that he had painstakingly carried on his pack all the way back and on arrival at the base he fell to it with his vibro-knife.

“What the hell are you doing?” Namyr has asked in surprised, she did not know that Rogue was able to do any form of labour technical work.

“I saw these used in a holo film once, it was a documentary on a tribe that lived on Hoth many moons ago, and they used to attach these to the bottom of their feet so that they did not break through the snow. The documentary also showed how to build houses made of ice and snow but I can’t remember that part for the life of me.” Rogue responded as he whittled away at the piece of wood.

Namyr positioned herself behind Rogue and started rubbing his back. “Since when did you watch holo-documentaries?”

Rogue felt his face go red. “Since I realized that as an environmental specialist I might have to one day learn this. Lower.” He said as a look of pure ecstasy filled his face. “Keep that up and you might just find yourself in my bed.” Rogue half-joked.

Namyr stopped rubbing his back and watched in mute fascination as Rogue formed to rounded sides of the wood. “Now to save time...” Rogue vibrobladed little cubes and pushed them out of the wood, using a spare body glove that the suits use Rogue cut straps out of it and used it to form a certain kind of niche that fit perfectly with Rogue’s foot and a strap that held the heel of his foot.
Now that Rogue had one he began working on the other, finally when he was finished he looked up from his work and noticed that the sun had started rising. Putting his snow shoes in the corner Rogue went to the cook stove and pulled out some pots and pans, going outside he filled one pot with snow and let it melt on the stove. When it was completely melted he stuck a liquidostat, which measured liquids purity and gave results on it; the water was fine to drink. Next Rogue opened up a bag of oatmeal and mixed it with the water.

The snow was fairly high but thanks to Rogue’s snow shoes he was able to travel to the command post with ease. Upon arrival he could see exhausted faces as he arrived and set down a small box; opening it he removed napkins, spoons, bowls, and a container full of oatmeal. “The container is sealed and heated, so the oatmeal’s still warm and...as fresh as we grunts get it.” Setting the table for all the SLs, Rogue quickly excused himself and headed back towards his squads barracks.

The cold didn’t really bother Rogueboy even as a child he used to overheat and generally preferred colder climates, his body reacted much like an animal entering hibernation; he would gain a little weight and it would protect him against the elements.

Darr entered the squad barracks. “Alright guys we are going on patrol, grab your shit, we’re meeting with Dark Dragoons in ten minutes. We will be splitting the squads up into four groups. Rogueboy will be in command of; Private First Class Spectral from DD, Dante, and Marka. I will be commanding; Koroban, Yush, and Vint. Namyr you will be going under the command of Leon. Let’s go guys.”
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -King Leonidas, 300

ASL/GSG_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2]

Clearly Canadian!

http://rizzit.stormtroopercorps.com/rewards/Raiders/Rogueboy.jpg
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1160
November 30, 2007 7:49:09 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo replaced his helmet just before stepping back out to the exterior of the tent, he would have to see about getting a new backpack so that his Identify Friend or Foe beacon could be replaced as well as his comm systems and scrambler.  First though, he needed to check on his squad, they seemed to have a tendency to make something explode or at least smoke once in a while, and Riq was honestly surprised that he didn’t smell smoke yet.  He wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

“You guys need a hand?” Riqimo looked upwards at Alater and Jelly attempting to hoist the rotating top onto the top of the tower base.

“We’re good,” Jelly chuckled, “Doubt you could reach high enough anyway.”

“Touche,” Riq sighed as he wandered off when Wicket started to wire the turret up properly.  Or at least try to wire properly.  Riq chuckled when he smelled smoke, about time...

Leaving Jelly to shout at Wicket, Riqimo wandered off to check the progress elsewhere in the camp.  A couple turrets were already up, only those on the southern edge had yet to be established, although Paladin had already formed the trench defense there.  As for establishing communications, someone was swearing at the comm array while trying to see about finding a way to break the jamming, impossible but if it kept a trooper active and warm through some activity it wasn’t completely worthless.  Dark Dragoons and Raiders, the multi-environment squad, were gearing up for a most likely hostile free encounter.  No sane person would go out a night when the temperatures dropped even more, the blizzard didn’t seem to be letting up either.  But then, insanity seemed to be a requirement to be a Stormtrooper these days.  Riqimo shrugged, someday, if he lived to reach that far, he’d laugh at this time in the ice and snow, sip his hot cup of caf and write an autobiography or something.  Caf would be nice... so warm...

Trench was mostly complete and Riqimo smiled weakly at his troopers.  They needed rest after all that, but they would have to do a shift of watch first, switch out with Pally, and then finally get some rest.  In the morn, Riq somehow suspected that Rizzit would send Eclipse out.  It was expected, Eclipse was Long range recon after all, why should that be skipped over despite their record of not being assigned tasks related to their specialization.  The only thing that they did truly recon was sims.  Riqimo sighed lightly, he might as well break the news that Eclipse had first watch pacing the trenches in the middle of the night.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  905
November 30, 2007 9:20:13 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Yuka. northern continent?
3:15:08 Mission Clock
16:17:27 local time

The Raiders walked steadily through the blindingly white fields of snow. As the wind howled, the amount of snow falling began to increase in earnest. The snow got everywhere. It found its way into blaster barrels, into supposedly vacuum-proof pouches, and even into the sealed suits.

As Dante wearily put one foot in front of another, his suit's heating system stuttered, then stopped completely. Irritated, Dante slapped the back-mounted heater, and it reactivated, much to his surprise.

Damn mass-produced piece of junk. At least the HC is stuck with the same tin cans we are...

Every couple of minutes, the Raiders were obliged to clean the built-up slush and ice from their T-visors and weapons in order to see and to stop the ice from damaging the delicate components of their weapons.

In a situation like this, hand me a vibroblade or even a large rock. At least they don't malfunction.

Dante noticed faint sensor readings on his motion tracker and reported them as he brought his DC-17 up to firing position. He was relieved to see that the contacts wore snowtrooper armour with VE emblems. None of them relaxed, however, until they had exchanged codes.

The last thing we need is to be shot in the back by hostile mike foxtrots with stolen VE armour.

When both groups had confirmed the identities of the other, they exchanged news and status reports. The leader of the group, a tall human with a fairly familiar posture, waved them through and spoke.

"We've set up a temporary base are over there; your barracks are in the southwest corner. Glad to see you made it, Darr."

Although the helmet sucked the humanity from the leader's voice, Dante recognized him.

That's Leon! No wonder he seemed so damn familiar.

Darr was quick to respond.
"Thanks, Leon. Good hunting."

Leon snorted, a sound only slightly muffled by the helmet.

"I think it will be good hunting; that is, if we don't freeze to death first."

With that, the Raiders made their way into the base, towards their first real rest since that incident on the Star Destroyer. An incident that, now that Dante looked back at it, seemed almost laughable in its insignificance. The knowledge that they might die at any moment made everything seemed more colourful, more alive.

This is why I serve the Empire: the thrill of the hunt.

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
Ken Alibek
ComNet n00b

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  199
November 30, 2007 9:31:53 PM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
When Iron Horse finished setting up their sensors, they retreated to the nearly livable conditions inside their tents. Dwarf and Vince played cards to pass time, and Ken sat on his bunk, composing a letter home on his datapad. With no facts at his disposal and censors besides, Ken was at a loss to try to explain the situation. He was turning some ideas over in his mind when Alan walked into the tent.

"Welcome back," Dwarf called out. "Wanna join our game?"

"No, thanks," Alan replied as he walked for his bunk, "I'm dead on my feet."

Ken looked over and asked, "Anything new, Sarge?"

Alan collapsed onto his bunk. "No, nothing yet. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll find someone to shoot at."

Ken gave a nervous laugh and returned to his letter.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Then what? What could he say without compromising the mission? What did he know? What did any of them know?

"Dammit," Ken muttered, "I hate having to wait like this!"

"If you're bored," Vince called back with irritation, "take a nap or ante up. No use whining."

Ken looked down a moment, then stood and walked up to the crate where the card game was. He sat down and said, "Next game, I'm in."

Dwarf smirked and remarked, "Good, I could use some quick cash."

Private First Class Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/PFC Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  907
November 30, 2007 9:46:06 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante walked into the cramped room serving as Raiders's barracks and instantly thought that he had died and gone to heaven.

Minions of Xendor it's so warm!
After enjoying the heat for a moment, Dante got to work. He spent the next ten minutes working on cleaning his armour and weapons. Almost as a afterthought, he remembered he hadn't eaten for several standard hours and downed several MRE's, or meals ready to eat. They had all the flavor of sheets of flimsy, but he forced them down anyway.

Don't want to collapse on a battlefield from hunger.

As Dante was drinking from a warm fluid pouch,Darr walked in, tracking snow inside as he did so. His helmet was tucked under his elbow, his armour was covered with snow, and his mouth had drawn into a thin,grim line; his face was inscrutable. He left small puddles in his wake, which quickly melted into small puddles. Dante mentally steeled himself for what he knew was probably coming.

"Alright. Guys we are going on patrol."
Again? Has the kriffing High Command gone off its collective rocker?

"Grab your shit; we’re meeting with Dark Dragoons in ten minutes. We will be splitting the squads up into four groups.

Giving the enemy more targets to shoot at I guess...

Alright, looks like we’re gonna have a change in group assignments. My group is going to consist of Namyr, Yush, Marka, and Vint. Rogueboy’s group is going to have Dante, Sylix, Antro, and Spectral...”

Splitting the lovebirds up?

"Let’s go guys.”
Dante gave the half full drink a last, regretful glance before placing it on a table and retrieving his recently cleaned helmet.  With a sigh, Dante flipped the safety on his rifle and stood up. He was ready to leave the warm confines of the makeshift shelter and return into the bitter cold.

May as well get it over with...

Reason for Edit: Groups were changed ~Riqimo

Raiders
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 30, 2007 9:52:21 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 30, 2007 11:59:52 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  774
Total Posts:  1091
November 30, 2007 10:26:00 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon pushed the Tent’s flaps apart, quickly ducking inside and letting the warmth wash over him. He removed his helmet, taking a deep breath of fresh, warm air, before proceeding to the back of the tent. “So it looks like we’ll be patrolling with Raiders tonight, switching in and out of shifts.” Leon said, hastily removing his armor and laying it on his designated bed. “We’ll also be splitting up into groups to cover more ground. Darr-Rann and I have already made group arrangements, and I’m sorry if some of you don’t approve, but there’s nothing we can do about that. After all, we’re Storm Troopers, life isn’t supposed to meet our personal needs. Remember, we must adapt if we expect to survive,” Finished Leon, noticing how strange he sounded when giving lectures.

A couple of his Dragoons nodded in reply, and some sucked their teeth knowing that they’d have to go back into that bone chilling weather. Leon himself wasn’t too excited about a night patrol, but he had a feint feeling that it would be uneventful. Besides, they had an arsenal of stationary turrets on their side, he doubted anyone would try and attack the base on foot. If they came in vehicles, then they’d surely be detected within one hundred meters of striking range, and the trenches would provide an excellent set back for anyone that planned on trying to get through.

Leon turned his attention to the group of Dragoons that had gathered around each other, chattering in hushed voices, as if they were in a Library. He quickly slid his gauntlets off, letting them fall onto the rest of the armor with a loud CLANG. He flexed his fingers, balling them up into a tight fist, and then opening them. Leon could finally begin to feel his blood warm, and made his way over to the huddled group of troopers. “What the hell are you guys doing, telling scary stories?”

The master mind of the group, Mako, looked up at Leon. “Nope, I’m just telling them about my dreams I had back on the Dominion. You care to join in? They’re quite interesting.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t mind at all. You may proceed,” finished Leon with a wave of his hand.

The squad listened intently, forgetting about their current situation, and letting Mako’s imagination take them to another land. If they were to get through this ordeal alive and well, they’d need breaks like this, and opportunities to recollect their thoughts. Even though Mako didn’t realize it, he was doing a very good deed in telling the squad these stories, and Leon would be sure to reward him when they got back home… If they got back home.

---- 20 Minutes before sun down ----

The two squads had met in the center of camp, once again clad in their paper white Snow Trooper armor. “Alright, looks like we’re gonna have a change in group assignments. My group is going to consist of Namyr, Yush, Marka, and Vint. Rogueboy’s group is going to have Dante, Sylix, Antro, and Spectral. Leon?”

The young Squad Leader stepped forward. “Tanus will be going with Orobos, Urakai, and Akaan, and I’ll be going with Mako and Garryll. Any questions?”

After a few seconds of silence, Darr-Rann continued. “Leon and I will be heading out first, and we’ll also be splitting up to cover more ground. Stay on full alert, and don’t let your guard down at any time. This is their territory, and they have the advantage. There could also be dangerous wild life, so watch out for that to. Rogueboy, Tanus, we’ll see you guys in a couple of hours, try and get some rest while we’re out.”

“Cya later!” Leon chimed in, trying to sound enthusiastic.

Oh boy, this really sucks.

OOC:
Sorry about the change Rogue and Dante, but we were having a little mix up and such. We figured this set up would work out for the better.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  773
Total Posts:  771
December 1, 2007 12:11:11 AM    View the profile of vint 
Darr-Rann and Leon walked towards the edge of the encampment, leading their respective groups. They passed the turrets and crossed the trench, and then the two squad leaders huddled together, talking in hushed voices. After a minute, Darr-Rann turned to the group of cold soldiers. 

“My group will head to the east. Leon’s group will be heading north-east. We will be keeping radio contact with each other. Is everyone ready?”

An assenting murmur echoed through the troopers and they trailed off with their groups.

Darr-Rann’s group went in a line. The squad leader led at the front, then Yush, Marka, Namyr, and Vint in the rear. Even through their snow suits the cold of the windy Yuka night chilled them to their bones. The sky was bright: the whole of the Kamino system gave light to the blue white expanse.

What a great way to come back to the Corps…  Vint thought to himself. The squad was quiet, barely conversing. Though that was that hardly needed; hardly a thing was in sight. My first mission back and we hardly know what we’re doing. We’re on a frozen ice ball, chasing after the source of a stolen transmission?

It was difficult to keep track of time while on patrol, but at least thirty minutes had passed before they heard several loud screeches cut across the sky. The source of the screeches was easily seen by looking up. A hundred or so feet above them Arctic Bats were circling, slowly losing altitude. The squad had stopped walking.

Darr-Rann radioed Leon: “We’ve got bats. Big bats. At least a five feet wingspan.”

Marka spoke up: “I saw a few earlier, far off… But they were silent. It seems that they’ve found their prey.”

Darr-Rann cringed. “Weapons ready and aimed, but don’t shoot… Yet.”
Raiders

TRP/PFC Vint/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  172
December 1, 2007 12:30:05 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako had passed some time entertaining the 'Goons with his retelling of the Ghosts of Sith Christmas, Past, Present, and Future.  It was a vivd dream in his head still and so the story came easily.  Leon joined in and listened intently to the rest of the story.  A few minutes later they learned that they were going back out on patrol.

Night had fallen by this time, and the temperature had actually dropped at least another twenty degrees below its previously rediculous freeze.  Mako could fele this cold bite into him like shards of glass penetrating his frozen skin.

He was on patrol with gates and Leon.  Leon had seen how the two played around, but thanks to the earlier firefight, he had also seen how Mako was all business when he needed to be.  It was hard to keep in good spirits in the freezing cold, but Mako tried to lift everyone as best he could.

Gates kept looking over at mako waiting on the next move.  Mako was trying to keep a sharp eye, as they had already been snuck up on once, but gates would have none of it.  Gates waited until Mako was studying the horizon and stuck his gun under Mako's feet.

Mako tripped violently and accidentally let off a shot as he fell.  Leon turned quickly to see what had happened and Gates cursed suddenly through the comm.  Leon, now realizing that there were no enemies around, looked at Mako:

"What the hell was that?"

"Nothing yet," Mako said, eyeing Gates with what he felt was the most menacing angle he could pull off in this bulky helmet.  "Just lucky one of the new guys wasn't standing there," Mako llaughed insincerely.

"Keep an eye out. Let's hope no one saw that."

"Right-o" Mako said.  After the troop started marching again, Mako scooped up some more snow. 

He saw Gates eyeing him warily, but Mako tossed it hard at Leon's back.  The snowball erupted on Leon's armor and he turned around as Mako quickly said:

"Cut it out Gates!  Jeez!  We are on a mission!"

Gates looked defensive and tried to point accusationally at Mako, but Leon simply glared at the trooper.

"Don't make me break out my pimpstick," Leon said half joking.

"I got you a present!  I almost forgot!"  Mako pulled a feather from his belt puch and presented it to Leon proudly. 

"For your helmet."

Gates laughed. Leon looked amused, and then took the feather and attached it to his helmet.

"Great.  You guys done?  Let's move out."

"Alright Squad Leader SlickBack." Mako said, a little too happily.

"Bats!  *zzz* five foot *zz* span."

Crap.  Another thing to worry about.  At least they didn't have guns, those bats.

Mako gripped his weapon a little tighter and got down to business.  He kept his eye on both the surrounding area and his thermal HUD.

No more snowballs now.  There was a perimeter to search.

I hope to God we get back before I get frostbite in my freaking kneecaps.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2328
Total Posts:  2689
December 1, 2007 3:01:42 AM    View the profile of Fury 
It still seemed like a good idea, just not as good a one as it was before he stopped being able to feel his toes.

That, and he couldn't stop feeling like he was losing his mind. He should have been used to this by now.

It was dead in the middle of the night and he and Bob had gone headhunting. Something about weather patterns and darkness improving the level of planetary jamming had gotten him thinking.

If the jamming gained strength at night and the stormtroopers really didn't notice performance degradation until the combination of worsening weather and nightfall, then maybe he could make the situation work in the reverse.

Since he had a commercial comm suite, and the outer squads had captured the comsets of enemy dead, he had an idea on what frequencies would be allowed, and also which ones to avoid.  He just needed to add in an allowable range that Imperial sets could use.

And a place to add such information into.

That's where Bob came in.

It had taken them four hours to trek to one of the jamming repeaters. They had gotten lucky, really. Apparently they were spaced many, many miles apart. They only knew about this one because Bob found the location by Forcing his way into a captured enemy's brainpan.

Fury kept asking him what that was like and whether he'd ever read Fury's mind. Bob kept silent. This wasn't necessarily uncommon for him, but he was even more silent than normal.

"You know, this is going to change things between us," he said to the Guardsman as they came up on the small communications instatllation. "I'm going to start thinking really graphic stuff and if you flinch, I'll know."

Still nothing on the other end.

"Fine, be that way. Here's the plan. I'm going to stun a couple guards, they'll start shooting at me, and you'll get into the comm office and find someone to brainrape who can help me modify the settings."

Still silence. But a brooding kind. Or so he thought.

Bob moved even further from him and then clicked once after a moment or two.

"On three then.  One, two, and..." Fury shot off two blue bolts to the nearest set of roving guards. "Three."

They quickly fell, but the other two sets of guards, two soldiers on either side, quickly responded.

He dove behind a clump of rocks and waited for them to open up on him. "That didn't take long," he muttered.

Tossing a couple of smoke grenades over his shoulders he waited for a couple seconds, turned his visor over to infrared and stood up. He was able to drop all four remaining guards with some carefully aimed shots and then strode through the cloud of smoke he had created.

Quickly binding the six soldiers, he drug them near a utility hovercart, then went inside.

Bob had incapacitated two people, but a third was obviously under his influence and already coding in a range that the Imperial troopers could use. Fury sat next to the operator and looked over at his screen.

"You're doing well. Bob likes you I think. Want to know how I can tell?"

The man briefly stopped typing and looked over at Fury with a mix of surprise and fear and confusion. But mostly confusion.

"It's your nose. You aren't bleeding from it. If Bob merely wanted results, you wouldn't even know your own name right now. You'd only know how to breathe regularly and do exactly what he wanted you to do."

The man slowly nodded and went back to typing.

"So, what is it?"

The man made a questioning sound.

"Your name."

"Zel."

"Hey Zel. They call me Fury. Any chance of propagating these changes across the planetary network, but really slow and unobtrusive-like?"

Zel nodded. A couple moments and many keystrokes later, he said, "Done."

"Thanks. We need to do anything else from here?" Zel shook his head and started getting the slightest trace of fear in his eyes as he considered his future worth.

"Nah, you're coming with us. Bob, get Zel and his buddies bundled up and Force load the guards into the back of that vehicle out back."

Bob looked at him. "I'll be out in a jiffy. Just have to make things look...plausible in here."

Fury set a wad of plastic explosive into the building's small reactor furnace and set a timer spike to four minutes and jammed it into the compound.

Outside, he found the weapons shed and did the same thing to a stack of blaster power packs. Then he ran to the cart and jumped inside. "Bob, let's get the Dar'yaim out of here. Faster is better."

Fury's handywork wasn't explosive, but he did see a streak of smoke in the pre-dawn sky behind them after fifteen minutes.

"Alright Zel, here's what I did." He was talking to the still muddle-headed comtech instead of Bob because, well, Bob never showed any interest in what he had to say.  "Your power and heat giving furnace has, by now, started a fire in your office/barracks. The supply shed is probably burning to the frame from the exploding power packs. Meanwhile, because the furnace was a fusion generator, it doesn't look real safe to be around, so since there are no bodies, and the only things disturbed are on fire, everyone is going to be looking for this utility vehicle and you guys all safe and sound."

Zel looked hopeful.

"Oh come on. Be serious." Fury pulled out a wad of wiring around a cylinder of metal with a obviously darkened LED. "You think I wouldn't find a lowjack?"

Zel looked more shattered.

"I'm not getting any more feedback from you than I am from the big guy there. And I don't need you like I need him."

Zel looked afraid and sunk into his seat.

"More's the pity, then. Guess we'll all just quietly ride back to base then."
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  1163
December 1, 2007 3:36:00 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
The day was seemingly normal, filled with menial tasks and some mindless conversation.  But at night, when Riqimo was once again alone with his guilt, the hours seemed to stretch on forever; and thoughts took the same dreary path every time he adverted his gaze to once again a similar scene, and it was became more and more unbearably cold...  The blizzard had let up for a while though, and the trench did much to help with providing wind cover.  But's its still damn cold...

He spotted a man standing straight upright, enjoying a brief watch of the flakes in the dead of the night.  Riq had to admit it was calming. The maroonish cloak and the taller man close behind in a sinister white royal guard armor.  Riq's gazed was fixed on the body guard a moment before he drew his gaze away but was kept by the Royal Guard and his eyes soon wandered back.

"Grand General, sir?" Riq approached slowly with a brief salute, careful not to make any sudden moves near the guard.  Something seemed to flow from the... thing that made Riq approach with every possible precaution.  If he didn't look like he was drawing a weapon, Riq probably would have clicked the safety of his blasters.

“Yes?” the man didn’t advert his gaze from the swirling snow, it had the man transfixed it seemed, Riq couldn’t blame him, it wasn’t often someone of his rank was out in the field like this.

“Lovely night isn’t it, sir?” Riqimo was careful to punctuate each respect for the difference in ranks and position, “Quite cold though, sir.”

“Just going to go for a little walk,” Fury pulled his cloak a little tighter around his shoulders.

“Do you need an escort?”

“Bob should be enough.” And indeed he probably was, Riq smiled nervously under his helmet and nodded politely before resuming his watch.

About an hour and a half later, a small flutter of snow dropped into his extended hand, the palm gloved in black with white plates on the back of his hand.  His fingers tensed and formed up into a fist, crushing the delicate frozen form. Riqimo gently wiped off the frost from the Vast Empire insignia on his right shoulder. The calm snowflakes and the darkened plain was the only thing he had seen lately, aside from the stark light gray tents and the few durasteel crates. His stare was rudely interrupted by a beeping, a remote in his hands.

Riqimo turned his head downwards towards the remote, connected into their sensor system, expecting something of an animal being reported on the grid.  His jaw dropped open underneath the helmet as far as his chin could maneuver.  It was quite a large distortion in the sensor, almost as if a ship landed in the middle of nowhere about a kilometer to the south.  Before he could voice a remark critiquing this change of situation so quickly, the ephemeral night snapped into a swirling white, Riqimo pivoted and cast his gaze in all directions. From horizon to horizon, he found no break to the monotonous snow that had suddenly started falling once again.

A voice on the comm behind him caused Riq to spin around carefully, and point his rifle directly at the relay.  “This Dominion to forward, do you copy?  Dominion to forward, do you copy?”

Without wasting a single second, Riqimo slushed through the fresh snow that had fallen over the trampled layer from the day’s activity, “This is forward to Dominion, what happened to the jamming?”

“Jamming?” Idiots didn’t figure it out yet... “That explains things then, anyways all your little beacons popped up suddenly, so we thought we try doing a comm check.”

“In case the jamming picks up again, mind sending those sleds down?  It looks like we might have a use for them.”

“Certainly, eta 30 minutes, touching down a kilo south of your encampment.  Your patrols are to the north, east, and west right now.”  Three?  ...Oh right, Fury and Bob.

“Roger that, let me alert Brigadier Rizzit, he may desire to have some words if he can crawl out of his semi warm cot.”

...  ...  ...

About fourty minutes later...

“There it is, you can see the ship’s lights,” Alater hissed over the comm, his Barabel accent echoing in Riq’s helmet eerily.

Moments later, they had a bright spot light shinned upon them, Riqimo was blinded as his helmet filters rapidly adjusted to spot Alater standing in front of the squad defensively.  Riq wasn’t quite sure how the man had managed to make it there without bumping blindly into anyone; but that was a trivial matter.

After the identification protocol was completed, the drop ship was opened to reveal twelve sleds hooked up in three sets of four sleds each.

“How quiet are these things?” Riq raised an eyebrow, an idea surfacing in his mind.

“Soft a Peekobi’s purr,” a random technician was making a check on the engine of one sled.

More out of respect rather than practice as they were speaking over comm, Riqimo turned to Eclipse and grinned broadly, “Care to play a little santa?”

“You’re short enough to play the elf,” Jelly chuckled just loud enough to be picked up in Riq’s helmet.

“Very funny,” Riqimo sighed, he hated the height cracks.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[AS-1][SoH]

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  566
Total Posts:  814
December 1, 2007 7:45:02 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
---after Raiders' and Eclipse's first encounter with the enemy group

Jenny and Dixon helped the jesters set up the base beacons and the turret defenses as the wraiths started to test the communcations, it was still filled with static, but when they switched to the alternate channel that Jenny had provided, it proved to be an excellent way to communicate with command.

"Yes, sir, we're all set up here, preparing to move out for recon. Sorry for the delay, sir, communications were full of static, it's lucky Lance Corporeal Jennabelle came alone and helped. right, she is a talented girl, who had a bit of a traumatized past. Of course, sir, I'll dispense with the pleasantries. We'll rendevous with the raiders and eclipse right away, just send us the coordinates via datapad and we'll be on our way." Arnaut chatted into the speaker as Jenny listened and chuckled at the part about her having a traumatized past. Like Aranut himself didn't have a truamatized past. Jenny commented to herself disgustingly as she finished putting the warning alarm signal on her datapad, Wait till this gets out, I'll be nicknamed the scary bitch in no time.

"Jenny, you alright?" Jenny turned around as she saw Kanderin walking up to him with a haze look on her face. "Sorry about the traumatized past comment, Aranut gets a little bit way off the subject sometimes, he's probably had nightmares about you, Jenny." Kanderin chuckled a little before getting serious and telling Jenny: "You'll be with Dixon, Tnepres and Eviscares, I'm sure you know Evis from before your year leave on VE, so Arnaut thought he place with someone you're familiar with."

"We're moving, come on, Jenny, best be on our way." Arnaut cutted in as Kanderin made an unimpressed face, Jenny was still staring at the base, Kand added: "Don't worry, Jenny, the base can take care of itself."

Jenny sighed in relief, nodded and head toward the sleds, situating herself behind Eviscares, hugging him for support from falling, and getting herself a slam on the back from Tnepres, who said 'sorry' in reply, Jenny nodding back in pain, Dixon came on last and they were off.

Kami and Arnaut's leader bobsled was in front, as Jenny shuddered from the cold wind, she had been on Hoth before, but that was a while back and she had gotten a lot more used to warmth than frosty, plus these snowtrooper armor were a bit uncomfortable, with the chest pumping out too much.

Jenny saw through her visor, the helmet was the only thing she kept from her clone guard armor, which helped her see more clearly through all this snow. She saw from Eviscare's left shoulder that Aranut was murmuring instructions to Kami's ears from his datapad map, which an early version for this planet was quite mysterious. Kami shrugged him off and rode on.

This is going to be quite interesting, of course I'll have to remind myself to drink more Aitha protein drink next time, for I favor that more to alcohol, of course I could use a Supernova now and then. Jenny thought to herself merrily as the bobsled slid itself to the destination.

OOC:
BTW, when writing about my character, all of you guys, especially my buddies, the Wraiths, should write the non-drinking side of me more.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  173
December 1, 2007 10:38:58 AM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako made his way on the rounds with Leon and Gates.  THe play was over now, as the loose shot and the presence of bats ade them weary of what else may happen, or what else may be out there.

THey were supposed to check the sensors that they had placed out on the perimeter, but the drop in termperature made the journey to them seem twice as long.

THe trio went about, in a single file line, making their way to the first sensor.    When they arrived at the place it was marked on their HUD, they couldn't see it anywhere.  It was apparently buried in snow two feet above the top.

Mako grabbed up his shovel and set about digging it out, while the others kept watch.  Mako felt more like Gates was keeping watch over him, as opposed to the horizon, and decided to mix it up a bit.  He  threw a shovel full of Snow in Gates' direction, playfully, yet the whole time acting as if he didn't realize what he was doing.

Gates returned the favor bynonchalantly kicking some snow into Mako's hole.

A little while later, they had uncovered the sensor and recorded its findings: Nothing.

Mako wondered whether the absence of any meaningful readings had anythng to do with it being submerged in snow.

Leon said that it should be fine, bt Mako wished that there was something taht they could do to lift it a bit.  Too bad there isn't any hover cargo lifters around, or a toasty corps at least to wear some of the frost from Mako's pained frozen feet.

"Nothing at this one.  I guess we should move on to the next."
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Vince
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  32
December 1, 2007 12:04:11 AM    View the profile of Vince 
Vince wasn't doing so well this time. He hadn't lost any money, but he hadn't made any either. Ken had joined their game a while ago, and Marcus was in the process of taking his money. Vince was a pretty good Sabaac player, but somewhere along the line Marcus picked up the tricks and subtleties of the game far better than Vince ever had.

Vince lost another hand. "Alright, thats enough for me. I don't want to lose any money. Besides, I need a nap," Vince said.

Dwarf laughed and took more money from Ken. Ken swore rather loudly and threw his cards down. Vince just laughed and sat down on his bunk. He swung his legs over and laid down.

Vince laid there for some time, trying to fall asleep. However much he tried to slow his breathing, to relax his muscles, he just couldn't will his body into sleep. Finally he threw his legs over the bunk in frustration.

"I'm going for a walk," he said. Ken shrugged, but Dwarf looked at him like he was crazy.

Vince shrugged his massive shoulders. "I like the cold."

Dwarf and Ken both snorted in disbelief. Who would like the cold? The snow, the ice. It was preposterous.

Vince ignored them and suited up. As he left the tent he heard Ken swear again. Vince laughed to himself. Marcus was indeed a skilled player.

Vince left the tent and peered out toward the horizon. It was white, glaringly so. Calm, peaceful. Only the distant blinks of the sensors broke the white expanse.

Vince could only wonder at the sight. The wind swept up great waves of the snow. Vince could only wonder how long it would take the great white expanse to become smeared with red.

Vince set out on his walk, lost in thought.

TRP/PFC Vince/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Gimp
ComNet Novice

Gimp

Post Number:  75
Total Posts:  144
December 1, 2007 12:23:23 AM    View the profile of Gimp 
“There it is, you can see the ship’s lights,” Alater hissed in his savage way. Gimp tried to picture the Barabel with a pipe in his mouth, grandchildren smiling up at him as he read them a story. The absurdity of the image was astounding. He could more easily envision Wicket orating a dissertation on the positive effects of quiet meditation.

Suddenly, a bright spot light shone down upon Eclipse. Gimp dropped to one knee and pointed his E-11 at the intruding beacon as his filters adjusted to the light. It wouldn't have mattered much if he had shot at it; he most likely would have missed completely.Gimp smiled broadly in his helmet as the drop ship was opened to reveal twelve sleds hooked up in three sets of four sleds each. Now they would finally be able to get around this stupid place without wasting energy. Or freezing his five toes off. They had been there long enough now that he could not trick himself into believing he wasn't cold. He looked at the sleek design and battlements of the sleds and imagined the squads tearing through enemies who didn't even know they were under attack. These would be quite fun.

“Care to play a little Santa?” Riqimo said to the squad.

“You’re short enough to play the elf,” Jelly joked.

Hahaha, it's funny because it's true.

Yeah... let's get this show on the road, baby!
TRP/PFC Gimp/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited December 1, 2007 12:26:56 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Gimp (edited December 1, 2007 12:38:24 AM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  775
December 1, 2007 12:38:22 AM    View the profile of Leon 
“These Bats… What do you guys reckon they’re waiting for?” Asked a confused Garryll.

“Could be the feather on Leon’s helm, but I doubt it,” Mako said jokingly.

“What ever it is, it’s probably not gonna be good. Haven’t you guy’s noticed that their numbers have increased? I think they’re just waiting for the rest of the pack to come, and then they’ll begin their feeding frenzy.” Replied Leon, cringing at the thought of being eaten alive. “Let’s just keep moving, if they attack, we defend. Simple as that.”

The trio of troopers trudged onwards, the only noticeable sound being the howl of the wind and the snow crunching beneath their boots. The climate was unbearable, even for Leon who had trained many times in cold weather such as this. He couldn’t even begin to imagine how Mako and Garryll were holding up, but their constant fooling around definitely had something to do with it. Leon quietly chuckled to himself, finding his current situation to be quite funny. He was being stalked by a giant group of killer bats, out in the freezing cold, with two goofs who were green as could be. Could things get any worse?

Leon decided to join in on the fun.

He quickly bent over and scooped a handful of snow when the two troopers weren’t looking. Wow… This is some good snow! It’s like someone made it perfect for Snow Balls. He quickly balled the snow up, making it hard and compact. When he felt satisfied that it would hold up in flight, he quickly whipped around and launched it at Mako. The stunned trooper didn’t even have time to blink, taking a direct hit to his masked face. Mako stood there, not moving an inch, shocked that his Squad Leader would do such a thing.

Garryll collapsed on the snow covered floor, laughing uncontrollably. “Hahaha, now THAT is funny.” Shouted Leon, pointing and laughing at his fellow squad mate.

Mako still hadn’t moved, not able to believe what had happened. “Leon… How could you do such a thing…? How could you do that to me out of all the people? I thought what we had was something special! But no! I guess I was wrong. I never thought it would have to come down to this…” Mako dropped his rifle, wiped the snow off his helm, and pointed an accusing finger at Leon. “You’re mine.”

He quickly dropped down and scooped up some snow, an action that possibly saved his life. An Artic Bat narrowly missed Mako’s head, the young trooper not even noticing that his life had been spared. “Mako! Watch out, their attacking!” Shouted Leon, shocked at what just happened. Seconds later, blood curdling shrieks pierced the air, signaling that the bats had finally begun their assault on the three troopers.

Leon turned his attention to the skies, bringing his rifle up to bare. He managed to let a burst of crimson death fly from the tip of his barrel before diving out of the way. The on coming bat had taken the burst straight on, driving into the snow and coming to a skidding halt.

That was close, way to close.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Orobos
ComNet Initiate

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  171
Total Posts:  535
December 1, 2007 2:47:44 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos walked around the encampment watching his breath turn to a mist in the cold floating away as he breathed out. He rubbed the large stone he had cross the blade of the vibro-axe, not that the axe dulled, he rarely had to but just did it out of habit.

He slipped the stone back into one of the pouches he usually kept ammunition cartridges in and continued his walk around the edge of the camp. There wasn't anyone outside, probably because it was coldest at night. He twisted the vibro-axe around in his hand looking about the site filled with large tents, a faint glow emitting from each. Just like home.

He walked up to a block of ice and looked at it a bit before hefting the axe above his head and bringing it down dead centre on the block. It left a clean cut down the centre of the ice. The exact same as when he'd first bought it. He smiled and walked back towards the tent where Tanus was.

Approaching the tent he noticed the outline of Tanus from the lamplight in the tent. He was sitting up on one of the books. Orobos approached the tent stamping in the snow making sure Tanus could hear him from inside and spreading his arms out to make the shadow he was casting across the tent bigger.

There was a rustling inside. Orobos pushed back the folds and walked in casually. Tanus had his hand on the handle of his blaster which was partly concealed underneath the covers of the fold out bunk.

"Hey Anus," he said quickly upon entry remembering Leons request and smiling to himself as he sat down on his bunk.

"I suppose Leon told you that," he said a dark look spreading across his features,

"What your name......." Orobos said innocently," Tanus?"

"Nevermind," he said as though deciding not to take the matter any further.

"So any clue on when we will be heading out?" he asked,

"They should be back in about an hour or so Tanus replied glancing at his Datapad.

"Ok," Orobos said pulling out the Gamedroid Mako had got him on their previous mission, "Glad I brought thus then," he said switching it on.

That Galactic Festival is coming up. I really should buy a gift for 'em.... What do they like though

Orobos sat brooding for a moment before shrugging and going back to his game.

"Why did you just shrug at me?" Tanus asked,

"oh... I sort of answer myself sometimes," Orobos said grinning awkwardly,

"Ok, whatever," he said sitting back.

He pulled out his datapad and wrote in Anus to it and sent it to Tanus. He knew he was pushing it now but couldn't resist it. He then sat back pulling his gamedroid out again. A moment later there was a small ringing sound coming from Tanus' datapad. A second after that he felt the air whooshing at him followed by the smack of a pillow.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-------------------------------------------------
|DARK DRAGOONS|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Vince
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  32
December 1, 2007 4:13:58 PM    View the profile of Vince 
After Vince's walk he returned to the tent. The card game was no longer taking place. When Vince got back to the tent Ken was laying on his bunk, trying once more to write a letter. Dwarf was just laying on his bunk, doing nothing. The other squad members were talking amongst themselves or doing nothing.

Vince looked to Ken. "How much did you lose?"

Ken glared at Dwarf, then at Vince. "Ten credits," he said miserably. Vince laughed and Dwarf winked. Vince went over to his bunk and laid down. His walk had tired him out enough that he managed to fall asleep.

***Sometime later***

Vince was still sleeping when it was Iron Horse's turn for patrol. He was quickly awoke by Alan.

"Vince, wake up," he said from a safe distance.

Vince mumbled something impolite and Alan said something to Dwarf. Dwarf nodded and walked over to Vince's bunk. Vince had closed his eyes and had gone back to sleep when he felt Dwarf lift him up and dump him...on the cold floor.

Vince stood up and sputtered several curses. Finally Alan spoke up.  "Thats enough Vince," he said.

Vince immediately stopped, but he didn't apologize. He was still upset. He shot a dark glare at Dwarf and suited up once more. After grabbing his E-11 and DC-15s pistol, he followed the squad out the door.

The sensor grids hadn't picked up anything, but Alan wanted to get the squad moving. This sitting around and doing nothing was bad for the squads skills.

It was a pretty short patrol, with nothing to report. The squad stayed quiet throughout the entire thirty minute patrol. Vince figured it was mostly because they were all to cold to talk. Vince liked the cold, but even he was shivering.

When the squad got back there were no messages for the squad. Alan sighed and laid down, as did the rest of the squad. Vince sighed and opened a holo-book he had brought along.

He was starting to hate waiting.

TRP/PFC Vince/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [CoR]
Mako Sanguin
ComNet Initiate

Mako Sanguin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  174
December 1, 2007 4:48:27 PM    View the profile of Mako Sanguin 
Mako had narrowly missed being beheaded by a bat.  Leon had yelled, and Gates had fired a few shots.  Mako did not have his DC-17 in his grip, and was on the ground a few feet away from it. 

Oh well.  We needed to get warm anyway.

Mako pulled the heavy republic Flamethrower from his back and ignited its pilot.  He stood up and awaited another flyby from the bats. 

"Here it comes again," Leon warned. 

"Ever read about the Zepplin in the history holos?" Mako asked.

"The what?"

"Watch."

THe bat came in for another shot at Mako's head, but this time Mako released a burst of hell from the tip of his weapon.  A huge stream of igniting liquid napalm flew from Mako's grasp.  He could feel the heat from the ignitd fuel and watched as the huge bat tried to avoid meeting the newly formed fire.

It was unavoidable.  The bat screetched in agony as it flew through the orange ball, and landed hard on the ground a few feet away.  Mako checked the sky for any more intruders.

He looked over at the slowly roasting carcass of the bat.  "Let him cook.  We are having bay soup tonight."

Leon laughed a bit and checked the horizon again.  Mako walked over to where he had dropped his DC-17 on the ground.

"Don't think that bat got you out of your licks, Leon.  Now you just won't know when they are coming."

"So what is that Zepplin again?"

"It was a blimp.  It floated through the sky using gases to hold it in the air.  Problem was, the gas they used was flammable.  So there was a giant comet falling from the sky shortly after it took off one fateful morning."

"I bet hat was a sight."

"Yeah...I bet it was.  Like a doomed dropship falling in, engulfed in flames, everyone aboard knowing it was the end." 

There were apparently no more bats around.  Mako cut the flame on his torch and looked at Leon. 

"Can you grab that for me?  It is kind of your fault that its down there."

"Sure thing, buddy.  Anything for someone who is feeding me dinner." Leon laughed.

"I never said you could have any." Mako said smiling.

Leon bent to pick up the weapon for Mako, and Mako trampeled him into the snow.  He wrestled with Leon for a solid minute, the two pushing each others faces into the snow while Gate stood watching.  Suddenly the two stopped, and decided to launch snowballs at Garryll.  The other trooper threw his hands over his face in a weak attempt at defending against the onslaught of snow.

After  afew minutes of this, the three stood again, looked at each other solidly, and went back to work.

They still had two sensors to go, and now they had to watch out for bats as well.

Mako went over and tied the bat up with some rope he had in his supply pack.  He tossed the bat over his shoulders and the three went back on their patrol to the next sensor.

"This thing is gonna be so much better than those ration packs.  I think i may charge for a bowl of bat soup."

"You think people are gonna pay for that stuff?" Gates asked mockingly.

"If they are hungry enough they will.  This stuff is 300IC's a bowl on some planets."

Mako really had no intention of charging for the bat soup.  He wasn't even sure the thing was edible.  But it would be fun to poke and prod the corpse
when they got back, as he was sure that most of the troopers had never seen a bat with a five foot wingspan before.
|DARK DRAGOONS|

|HELLGATE|

Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Grand General
[VE-VEHC] Grand General*

Post Number:  2329
Total Posts:  2689
December 1, 2007 5:26:38 PM    View the profile of Fury 
All the fun done with for now, Fury went back to administering the ever growing camp.  As the new shipments came down, he saw an increasing amount of materiel and supplies. Now they were no longer a band of raiding misfits, they had the means of force projection.

More importantly though, everything that came down had shipping crates. Heavily, insulated cargo container pods of various shapes and sizes. Fury had Tuloi and his crew begin setting up the containers for habitation. Nothing fancy, just some exhaust ports, sleeping mats, a shipping crate for each trooper's storage and then a heating element for each pod.

For the makeshift jail, he designated two pods and had bars welded to each exhaust port. Actually, once he had the captured enemy down to just their garrison coveralls, he could have put them anywhere and been sure they wouldn't try to escape.

Sadly, none of the cargo shuttles would take the enemy back up to the Dominion and he hadn't had time to plan for MPs. So their care and feeding was another task for Commander Tuloi and crew, who were now just reacting to events instead of constantly complaining about them.

Everyone did manage to pitch in however. By the second evening, there were six groupings of three container pods in each, each pod capable of housing from four to six troopers. Each had a trench leading to a central core with the squads in the outer four. Each trench had been dug out by a small backhoe and then the sides quickly sprayed down with a salt water solution. They were slippery but would probably deflect blaster fire at this point.

The central core was the drop zone, with the "jail" and supply/maintenance/hospital tents and pods in its zone just off the drop zone. Opposite it, were the command tents and housing and motor pool tents, where the newly landed equipment was being tuned and acclimated to this particular planets odd weather and environment.

Fury was finally enjoying some hot chocolate and equally enjoying the feeling of flexing his fingers. They were bunkered down and in a relative sense of comfort. Additional fortification guns and beacons had been placed and while it was just a matter of time before they were truly discovered, he was glad of the run of luck they'd had thus far.

The Dominion was now actively seeding high atmospheric clouds with either chemicals or just crudely shooting ion bursts at them to trigger very strong storms. Thankfully most of these were over other parts of the planet, but the extreme weather made it plausible that the dead or captured enemy soldiers were merely lost in a storm, not shot dead by Imperial patrols.

They likely had a day or two most before they really, really had to get active to achieve their goals, but for now, sitting on a stack of shipping mats, Fury set down his mug, and caught a few hours sleep.
PRF/GG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx3][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  778
December 1, 2007 6:07:47 PM    View the profile of Leon 
----BEFORE FURY'S POST----

“Mako, you’re friggin weird. I just wanted to let you know that in case I die,” coaxed Garryll.

“Thanks, I know.” Replied Mako, struggling to pull the bat through the snow. “This things pretty heavy, you guys think you could help?”

“You’re on your own there, besides, you’re the only one who wants to eat the damned thing. The only good thing about it though is that it seems to be warding off his friends; they haven’t tried anything for a while now.” Leon noted as he struggled to get over a snow bank. “That was close though, let’s not get carried away again. If anything, we can have Wrestling matches when we get back to base, and I mean the base on Tadath, not this one.”

“Are we going to Wrestle for money?” Gates asked.

“Only if you want to. Besides, I think I have the best chance of winning, so sure why not?” Replied Leon, giving the trooper a shrug. “Just don’t cry when I put you on your back.”

“I bet you couldn’t put Orobos on his back,” taunted Mako.

Leon thought about it for a couple of seconds, weighing his advantages and the massive Whiphids. “Hey, you never know. If I can manage to put on another hundred pounds of muscle, then maybe, just maybe; I’d be able to beat him. But I don’t plan on doing that anytime soon, I’d look like one of those big body builder guys. Most of them are gay anyways.”

Mako and Garryll chuckled at the smart remark.

“So Mako, you still wanna carry that all the way to base? We still got two more sensors, and then a quarter mile distance to the base. I think you should just cut off one of its ears or something, and take it as a souvenir. Besides you’re slowing us down, and I’m gonna keep hassling you until you drop it, or until we get to base.”

“Ugghhh fine, I’ll just take one of its claws or something.” Replied the disappointed Mako. Leon pulled out one of his Treppus-2 Vibro Blades, tossing it to the trooper so he could begin his gruesome work. “Hmmm, maybe I should cut out its heart?”

“Mako, I’m going to kick your ass. Just get it over with; I wanna get back to base already. That’s an order.”

The Corporal pouted, taking his anger out on the creatures burnt corpse, stabbing it in the abdomen a couple of times. “Ok fine. I’ll take its head instead.”

Leon gave Mako another disapproving glance, but gave up. “Fine, whatever, just make it quick damnit.” Leon said, turning around from the gruesome spectacle Mako was creating. Great, just great. My squad is made up of a bunch of crazy, goofy, monster eating bastards. May the gods have mercy on us. When Leon heard the sound of blade on flesh stop, he turned around. “Happy now? C’mon lets go.”

The rest of their patrol shift was uneventful. The sensors hadn’t picked up anything, and the Arctic Bats it seemed had moved to find another source of food. A less deadly source at that. As they neared the base, Leon let out a sigh, happy that they had made it back in one piece. Off in the distance, barely noticeable to the naked eye, Leon managed to make out Darr-Rann’s group. Good, we all made it back. Now to get some rest.

“Glad to see you’ve made it back,” Darr-Rann said over the tactical channel.

“Ditto. Did you guy’s also run into those Arctic Bats?” Replied Leon.

“Yes, and they provided excellent target practice. Barely put up a fight.”

“Well that’s good to hear. Anyways, let’s go send the other two groups out, and maybe we can talk over a cup of Hot Chocolate or something of the sort.”

Darr-Rann nodded, and the two SL’s and their troopers went their separate ways. Mako was the first to enter the Dark Dragoons tent. “Look look! Look what I got!” Bellowed Mako, sounding like an overly excited child.

The rest of the squad ran over to Mako, looks of astonishment on their faces. “Hey hey, sorry to break up the party, but you guy’s gotta go do your round.
|DARK DRAGOONS|
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1454
Total Posts:  1587
December 1, 2007 6:33:56 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann took a swig of the instant hot-chocolate, and then made a face. “This stuff tastes like shit.” He muttered, before taking another drink.  The squads’ rations included a cheap mix for their drinks, and although it had very little in the way of taste, the hot drink did an excellent job at warming them up.

Patrolling had continued into day two, and Darr-Rann’s team had just returned from their tour through the bleak landscape. Much to many of the force’s dismay, the heavy snowstorms that had plagued them yesterday had persisted through the previous night and continued throughout the day. The raiders squad leader pondered why anyone would want to set up a base on such a planet.

Darr-Rann watched as his squad played Sabaac on a nearby collapsible table. It seemed like Namyr was cleaning up, and Yush was becoming increasingly frustrated. He was happy to see the squad picking up the habit of playing together during downtime again – It was a good way to relieve stress and strengthen team bonds.

He reached into his bag and withdrew his datapad. He attempted to check his holomail, but the interference on the wi-fi was too heavy for him to get a connectable signal from the Dominion. He sighed and put the device back.

He wondered how the other team was doing – The patrols were long and hard,  and there was always the threat of ambush by the virtually invisible assault teams that picked at them from time to time. Darr-Rann pondered why they hadn’t attempted to launch an attack on their base – Did the enemy not possess the manpower?

He hoped so. He had been looking forward to this mission earlier, but now he just wanted to go home, sit in his favorite chair, and cuddle up in front of the fireplace with Dawn. Her squad had been placed on a long station at home, so they had been able to see eachother a lot more lately. It was difficult to maintain a relationship when both were constantly being shipped off on missions in distant systems.

He sat back and closed his eyes, imagining the warmth of the fire.
Raiders
SL/SFC_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IH][CDS][IG][BWC]
SERGEANT FIRST CLASS, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING, PHANTOM MEMBER
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Clearly Canadian!
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  336
Total Posts:  462
December 1, 2007 6:40:57 PM    View the profile of Urakai 

-BEFORE FURY'S POST-

“Alright guys, let’s move it.” Tanus said, already ready to go.

As the rest of their party got ready, Tanus talked to Leon.

By the time everyone had got their gear together, Tanus warned them, “Ok guys, now Leon told me there are some arctic bats around here, so keep on alert. They shouldn’t be too bad, but still, they’re still probably poisonous.

After a while had passed of trudging through snow and no sign of any life, the squad was almost ready to turn in.

“Come on guys, keep it moving!” Tanus ordered back at the rest.

Urakai and Orobos were keeping up fine; it was the new guy Akaan that was falling behind. At that very moment, a huge brownish lump fell straight from the sky and then swooping back up.

“What the hell?” Urakai yelled, aiming his blaster at it my mere habit.

Orobos was the first to break the short silence, “What the hell was it?”

As the mist around them began to settle, a crack in the upper part revealed it all. Hundreds. Thousands, unimaginable amounts of bats swooping and hovering.

“S***!” Urakai exclaimed, clutching his rifle even harder.

“Arctic bats...” muttered Tanus.

“Are they coming our way?” Akaan asked, looking intently.

“Just stay low...” Orobos suggested, crouching down.

“No,” Urakai corrected him, “bats have vision like radar, and they’ll spot us eventually.”

“I guess that would explain the horrible amount of screeching...” Orobos said deathly, peering up in the misty sky.

Suddenly gaping mouths and teeth broke through the mist followed by giant brown wings.

“Fire!” Tanus ordered, taking a step back and letting a volley of bolts rip out of his blaster.

At this, the other three opened fire as well, blasting the attack to smithereens. At this moment, all bats slit up, coming from all directions.

“Keep firing!” Tanus called as the on sweep disappeared from the sky into the mist and rearranged them to come from all sides.

Akaan seemed to be possessed, firing rapidly, a reloaded like time was stopped. Yet he was still too close to the bats.

The bats were circling them now, gnashing at the group here or there. The odd bat would lunge itself at a trooper, but only to meet a grim burning fate. As the bat’s circling was drawing in, Urakai pulled out his electro staff, and at the moment he ignited it, the electrifying buzz it gave off sent the bats berserk. Screeching like there was no tomorrow, they swung and swayed, trying to get away from the group.

The bats were disbanding now, breaking off from any formation they had. As most of them were off in the distance, the screeching got lower and lower.

“Wow...” was all Akaan could say, looking at Urakai.

Urakai, as stunned as Akaan, said exactly the same thing.

It seemed the bats had disappeared when suddenly Orobos cried, “S******!”

Up in the sky, thousands of bats hurled themselves into a giant cylinder like hurricane. Like a missile, the bats streamed at incredible speeds at the group, almost seeming to be unstoppable to blasts.

“Yeah...” Akaan said in shock, “S***...”

The giant furry ball hit them, seeming like an asteroid had landed on them. From this point on, there was frenzy. Tanus, desperate to kill something, blasted rapidly, even in the direction of his own troopers. Orobos, firing while swinging his axes blindly. Akaan, yelled like any man could yelled, firing as hard as he could, and Urakai. Swinging wildly with his blades and staff.

Furry masses and strong wings could be felt all around their bodies as the bats gnashed and scratched. Finally, the losses were too great, all the bats seemed to disperse among themselves, biking and lashing at each other in the process.

On the scene were thousands of brown lumps and stained black blood. Urakai quickly crawled out of the pile as did Orobos and Tanus. Akaan, however, was nowhere to be found.

When Urakai realised this, he yelled, “Where the hell is Akaan?”

A long groan answered this, coming straight from the pile of death bats. Tanus quickly swooped in and grabbed a loose hand in the pile, pulling out the trooper. He gave another long groan of pain. For a moment, they all though he was covered in black bat’s blood, when they saw it was red stained blood on his armor.

“It burns!” Akaan called out in another cry of agony.

“Crap!” Urakai yelled, pulling out his medkit and kneeling beside Akaan.

Quickly taking off his shoulder pad and opening his undersuit, Urakai saw giant teeth marks, “He got blood poisoning.”

“What the hell?” Orobos suddenly yelled, taking a look for himself.

“This is,” Urakai continued, checking through his antidotes, “I only have antidotes for gas or injected poisons, not blood poisons!”

“Just give him a dose of bacta.” Tanus suggested.

To this, Urakai responded, “I can’t! If I do that, the wound is sealed and I can’t get inside. Bacta doesn’t affect the poison one bit.”

Another groan from Akaan came out.

After thinking for a minute, Urakai came up with the only alternative, “I... I think we might have to bleed him.”

To this, Tanus complained, “Aw this is just great!” crouching down low to examine Akaan.

This could have been a life saving factor, as a giant bat swooped in, missing him by inches, “They’re back!”

“Hold them off!” Urakai cried, putting the helmet back on Akaan.

“They must’ve smelt the blood.” suggested Orobos.

Urakai was deep at work, pressurizing all blood passage ways. To this, Akaan took another long groan. The blood was soon flowing out, bit by bit as Urakai calmed him. While this was happening, Orobos and Tanus were fighting off the remnants of the bats, swooping and thrashing. Urakai quickly ducked lower to avoid a dead bat flying straight overhead.

“Leon! Akaan is down, some kind of bat poison, we’re heading back to base!” Uraka called over the comm.

Quickly applying a small antidote that might keep back the poison for a little while, Urakai added in some bacta.

“Akaan will be fine, but we need to go!”
Corporal Urakai

|DARK DRAGOONS|
CPL Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Yuka....Death Trap or Icy Hell?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:27:32 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 129  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >