Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
  RE: Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
August 16, 2003 11:55:32 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon moved forward silently into the building, moving faster than his 550 kilo frame seemed to suggest he could.

Peering around a corner, he came face to face with two Republic troopers who were rushing around it.

Quickly relieving them of their comm units, Argon then proceeded to smash the rest of their life out against the walls.

"Raz," he said over his comm, "we've got a pair of their comm units, you want to hear what they're saying?"

"Of course," said Raz, moving ahead to Argon's position and taking the comm systems.

Relieved of his burden, Argon continued moving, trying to find the pockets of enemy resistance he knew would have to be eliminated before any real victory could be achieved.

[OOC: Sorry for the short post, I'm a bit busy these days...  I hope to be able to add more later]

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Mars
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  133
Total Posts:  100
August 16, 2003 8:11:09 PM    View the profile of Mars 
The Dark Dragoon's two tanks spread out to clean up the remaining rebel soldiers in the area.  All that were left around the downed AT-AT were a few pockets of resistance but nothing that should take too long of a time.

Demi ordered over the comlink, "You guys get the remaining troops to the left and we'll get all of them over here. When we are done here, we are going to go help out Riz."

The two tanks split off and returned to the slaughter of rebel soldiers.  Like exterminating rats in a cargo hold, the squad cut through the lightly armored troopers like a sword in the wind.  Whist the soldiers lay dead on the ground, Demi ordered everyone out to gather some supplies.

Demi yelled, "Alright men, we have a couple minutes to gather supplies and find anything else usefull."

The squad dispersed and headed for the downed soldiers' positions.  Slash and Luke headed towards a group of dead rebels and started going through the equipment.  Slash noticed a T-21 repeater and grabbed it with its remaining ammo.  Luke grabbed a rebel comm set and some more ammo.  Just as they were completing their salvaging, Mars ran over.

"C'mon guys, Demi wants us to leave, now," Mars informed the two soldiers.

The three run back to Demi and the squad forms up.

"Ok, we're off to meet up with the Raiders.  They left to pick up one of their own and they probably have him by now.  I'll try to contact Riz when we get moving.  Ok, in the tanks!" Demi ordered as he started to walk back to the tanks.

The repulsor-tanks came to life with movement and blazed toward the horizon.  Demi tries to contact Riz.  "Must have the comms off or out of range or something," Demi thought to himself, "we'll just have to use the sensors."

"TK, get the sensors up and see if there are any friendlies in the area," Demi told TK.

"Uh, sir, we have some friendlies near a rebel base.  Maybe they need help," TK suggested.

Demi pats TK on the shoulder and comms the other tank to follow.  The two repulsors come over a hill to see that a battle is already brewing...

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Coris "Mars" Swift
-----------------------
TRP/LCP Mars/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 16, 2003 9:10:35 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel looked around impatiently as the turbolift continued up. the floors crawled by slower than bantha snot. Finally the turbolift dinged once, and the door rotated open. the trio stepped out, TJ first again, followed by Jed, with Angel bringing up the rear, watchin their backs.

"something's not right here." TJ said, "i can feel many people in this room, they're all anxious, but i cant see them anywhere...Jed what about you? you see anybody?"

the three had stepped into a HUGE chamber, many floors tall, probably where they had stored the ATAT. The lights were on, but there was not a soul to be seen.

"TJ, are you sure about this? There's no one in here" Angel whispered.

"Not that we can see..." TJ replied gravely. "the floor." was all he said, then thumbed his lightsaber to life. its light blinded angel for  second, and he looked down...only to see shadows on the floor behind him.

Angel reached into his bag, and took out his one ion grenade, and threw it behind him. It exploded brilliantly, its shockwave destroying electronics behind him. The wall seemed to flicker, as if lighning was coursig over it, then about a dozen rebel troopers appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh my god...they developed personal cloaking devices here..." Angel sputtered into the comlink. "Rizz were in deep trouble. here..."

the rebels weren't armed with blasters or rifles, they onl had melee weapons. TJ was fighting with unseen foes behind Angel, Jep was producing his ryykk blades. Angel reached for his concussion rifle...only to find it gone...what the hell? his ESPO was gone as well, leaving him only with the silent assassins as weapons.

"Lets get messy" he said, then flashed a smile that would terrify a krayat dragon...

-----------------------
--(' . ')--  --('.'-)  --( . )--  (--'.')--  ^-(' . ')-^ --(^-^)--
Lance Corporal Fallen Angel: CRAZY RAIDERS
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)
CRAZYTRP/LCPL Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"I've become so numb I can't feel you there. I've become so tired so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do, Is be more like me and be less like you"
- Linkin Park "numb"
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 16, 2003 10:37:57 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
ooc: ok Shock your post confused the hell out of me, so err. . .im just going to disregard it, it dosent fit into the story in anyway i can see /OOC

Snipes stood up off the ground after the blasterfire was finished.

"thank you Jyse"Snipes said

"what are you doing!! "rizzit yelled at him", you brought them back HERE! are completely out of your mind! what if they have more walkers! you are a complete idiot"

"they arnt coming back, dont worry, i need to escape them too, atleast i gave those three a good distraction"Snipes replyed calmly,

"whers your helmet?"Rizzit asked after a moment

"i blew it up"Snipes said"why are we waiting here anyway? why arnt we in the building"

Rizzit grumbled and said grufly"we are waiting for a trooper"

"Its takes four of us to wait for him?"

"three, you wher supposed to be fighting"Rizit said glaring

"yes, well i doubt they wil go anywher near a window for a while"

"anyway, i need Mara here to try to get that radar to show us as freindys and them as enemys and i need jyse on that thing"Rizzit said waving absently at the mounted gun

"well if you dont mind i can help with either. after all i am the Combat Engineer" Snipes said with a smile, then realized he didnt have a helmet on and whiped it from his face.

"go help Mara, Jyse can use that thing almost as well as you"

"alright"

Snipes walked over to the cabin hatch and poked his head in. Mara was crouched over a open panel on the floor.

"need any help?"Snipes saked walking over and crouching on the other side of the open panel.

"you would think it ws the software, wouldnt you?"Mara said absently messing with some wires"but this things has it all wierd. i tried reversing the programing,but it didnt keep the changes. only told me i dont have acess"

"show me the hardware schimatic"Snipes said, he had an idea, something barely rembered from his fathers vinyard

"Ok" she said handing him a data screen

"this looks oddly fammiliar."Snipes said staring at the power and hd setup

He then stood up and walked to the troop carrying part of the APC and took some time taking down a panel and moving wiring out of his way. he cound what he was looking for, the power source.

"hey, somebody toss me a spare battery pack"Snipes yelled

soon one came flying twards him and he cought it.

"thanx, and Mara, take any equipment you want to be able to use off this thing. and get any data you want to keep, you might have to reprogram this thing"

he waited a few minutes then when he heard the Mara tell him she had her stuff off, he took some spare whire from a pouch and cut two strips, then connected those to two strips running between the power supply and the HD, he bared the ends now and took the batter pack and stuck the -/+ ends to the respective wires.
the lights went out and many diffrent warning beeps waent off, then the lighs came back on and the beeps stopped.
Snipes walked back over to wher Mara was.

"did it work?"Snipes asked

"depends on wht you wher trying to do"Mara said,"and what did you do?"
"erase the HD. and i simply overloaded it."

"then it worked"Mara said hooking her equipment back up to the vehicle"now go away, i have alot to do"

Snipes stepped out of the cabin and was face to face with Rizzit

"what was that!"Rizzit growled

"Me helping"Snipes said

"ok, well what are you doing now!"

"i can relaive Jyse"

"no i have somethingbetter for you, you used to hunt right? well heres you chance to prove you tracking and sneaking skills, i want you to scout out around us and tell us if any1 is coming, i dont trust the Radar untill Mara fixes it."

"it wont be long"

"well do it anyway"

"affirmative"Snipes said

Snipes walked back into the APC to grab some blaster rounds, he didnt need them badly, but it was always nice to have a full clip. when he was done he walked to the edge of the clearing and stepped in, he haddnt bothered to take off his armor, it wouldnt be a big hinderment, his armour ws more black and brown than whit now anyway.

-----------------------
Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
Nomore lance corporal Jokes!
TRP/CPRL Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"
"normality is my bane"-myself
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 16, 2003 10:41:27 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 18, 2003 10:58:25 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: this is starting to really slow down, and were only on the 3rd page, so can i start wrapping this thing up? maybe try and end it by the end of this page? I'm running out of ideas on how to drag it out... /OOC:

Angel ducked under a high slash from one rebel, and twisted his body to avoid another. A flick of his wrist dispatched the first rebel, who now had a neat line across his throat. Angel whirled around and slammed one knife into the temple of another rebel.

He spun to slash at another, but he caught a boot in his midsection. All the air rushed out of his lungs, and he staggered back. his back hit the railing, and behind him nothing but 7 floors of empty space. He righted his doubled over frame, and brought out his largest vibroblade, almost as big as a vibrosword. he regained his breath, and charged the 8 remaining rebel troops. when he was about to reach themhe stopped on a dime, and slashed out. His surprise attack caught the front 3 off guard, and Angel kindly releived them of their intestines.

the smell of fresh blood filled the chamber, and angel flicked his wrist again, and a rebel lost his arm. He spared a glance over his shoulder, and saw TJ cleaning up what seemed to be the last of his still unseen foes, Jed was dispatching his opponents with a little more difficulty than TJ, but efficiently none the less.

Angel turned back towards his opponents, and was greeted by a huge fist filling his vision. It collided with his face, making his body go numb for a quick second, just long enough to make him drop his weapons. he staggered back again, and the hige fist grabbed him by the throat and lifted his 87KG frame completely off the ground. A growl was emitted by his attacker, and Angel realized it was a Wookie. The wookie lifted him over the railing, and dangled him over the edge. Angel tried to free himself, but the wookies arms were just too long.

The wookie growled once more, then released his grip on Angel's neck. Angel grabbed onto the wookies arm and pulled, ripping him free of the ledge, and sending him tumbling down with him. the floors whizzed past as angel prepared himself for the end. The floor rushed up to meet him, and he closed his eyes, preparing for oblivion...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

"I've become so numb I can't feel you there. I've become so tired so much more aware
- Linkin Park "numb"
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
August 19, 2003 5:28:57 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  After meeting up with Otto Vox, Kairo was heading out with Dark Pheonix to give some support at one of the rebel bases. "Ok DF were coming up on the rebel base. Are you ready?" Kairo said through intercom.
  "Sure am. what do you think is out there?" Dark Pheonix responded.
  "Don't know. I heard a while back that an At-At was destroyed by Otto Vox, but I don't think there could be any more."
"An At-At! Where could the Rebelion get one of those?"
"Not sure." Kairo said, "But I think we just found out!"
  Coming out of the foliage Kairo and Dark Pheonix spotted there objective. What they saw chilled them to the bone.
  Switching over to IH frequency Kairo said,"Patrol group one here. We just found out where that At-At came from. They have a Walker Construction facility. I repeat a Walker Construction facility. We need backup and fast."
Mars
ComNet Initiate

August 19, 2003 6:00:00 PM    View the profile of Mars 
"Ok, we're going to stick in formation on this one... should give us greater protection," Demi used his comlink to contact all the Dark Dragoons.  The repulsors took off to defeat the rebelious forces.  The glare of Fresia's sun bounced off the parts of the tanks' surface that weren't covered with battle damage.

Mars looked out the viewing port and saw more Imperial troops; most likely Raider squad he thought to himself.  All who were not operating a weapon or checking a device or two were stuff in the back... awaiting deployment.  The repulsor-tanks turned back to deal with the more damaging rebel defenses.

"After we take care of these defenses, where going to deploy you guys..." Demi warned the soldiers in the back of the tank, "TK, send that to the other tank."

The dirt flied in the air as the repulsors' cannons fired at the base's defenses.  Now, the defenses were either destroyed or abandoned.

"Tanks to full stop... deploy troops," Demi ordered...

-----------------------
-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 19, 2003 7:15:27 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel felt his body jolt as he impacted...somethign was wrong though. he didn't lose consciousness. the impact was dampened. he felt his shoulder seperate again, and another rib crack. He slowly opened his eyes. he lay on his back facing the ceiling. he looked to his left, and saw the mess that the floor made of the wookie. he looked back up, and caught a glimpse of TJ turning away from the railing. I can only assume he had something to do with this angel thought to himself.

He struggled to his feet and limped over to the turbolift. he got in, punched the top floor, then slumped against the back of the turbolift. He took a quick inventory of what he had left. his small holdout blaster was mangled in the fall, he was out of explosives, and his X-1 and ESPO were missing. he had 2 small vibroblades left, ones he usually used for throwing. The turbolift dinged once, and the door in front of him opened. Jed and TJ smiled at him as he walked out of the turbolift.

"What took you so long" TJ joked, "we had to do all the hard work." He winked at Jed as he said this.

"yah first we have to kill all these guys, then TJ has to save your behind cause you get tossed by a big carpet." Jed said, 'and now you look like you were sat on by a dewback."

All angel could do was slump his shoulders and sigh. TJ and Jed laughed until their sides hurt. their comlinks clicked, all except Angel's, cause his was smashed.

"Guys this is Rizz, we have a new priority target for you. Rebels seem to have constructed a walker base her eon Fresia. We need some sabatoge work done, and you three are the closest and least tied down. IH has a walker on the way, and Dragoons will probably be inbound once they clean up here. the facility is 3 clicks northwest of your position."

"Roger that Rizz, although i don't know if angel's in the best shape for this. he just fell 13 stories...'

dead silence was all that came back over the com

"oh dont worry rizz, i saved his sorry behind" TJ said, "had to slow him down a bit"

"Tell him he;s in deep trouble with me...i told him too stay in one piece"

Angel grabbed the comlink..."its not my fault, this big fuzzball threw me over the edge."

"Yayaya now i've heard everything, just go do your nob, and try not to blow yourself up."

Angel closed the connection, and turned around to see Jed offering him a belt.

"theses cloaking devices still work, this should make our infiltration easier. TJ maybe we should contact the Wraiths and see if they want in on this?" jed suggested.

TJ opened the comlink the the Wraiths frequency. "Raz this is TJ. Jed Angal and I are going for that wlaker facility to do some sabotage and demolitions. Wanted to know if you guys wanted some more action?"

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 21, 2003 7:35:47 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
The three RAIDERS stood waiting around for a reply from Raziel. It had seemed like forever since they contacted him. Finally, TJ decided it was best to move on out.

"Well, if they were coming they would've sent us something by now." he said.

"Teej, wouldn't they send us a reply anyways?" asked Fallen Angel

"No, I'm afraid not. They keep to themselves, they're loners. Only when its needed do they make contact. It's like--"

Suddenly TJ's comlink beeped. Amazed that he was proven wrong, TJ picked it up and opened the channel. "Go ahead it's TJ."

"TJ, it's Raz. We're a bit pinned down at the...... we'll try and ......ere after we...........this mess here at the docks. Any help you can send would............appreciated. Our supplies have...........short and we cannot...........forces. Over and out."

TJ stood shaking his head. He then looked at Jed and Fallen Angel. "I think you guys should move on ahead." he said.

Fallen Angel although weary, managed to shake his head no along with Jed.

"We're coming with you." They both said.

"NO!"TJ thundered. "I don't know what mess they are in, but they are in no means priority above the walker factory. I will go aid the Wraiths, then meet up with you there. You'll need Angel's explosives for the factory. I will take responsibility for leaving like this, but you need to get going. There is a supply shed right outside here, I know it's full. With any luck, we can steal a Rebel landspeeder and scout bikes for you two."

"A landspeeder?" Jed questioned.

"Yes. To carry supplies to the Wraiths so they can help us out. I got a feeling they're in trouble, so I'm going to help them out by bringing aid and supples. Actually, if we can find 2 landspeeders, it might be best to bring Angel in one of those, as I can clearly see he's starting to bleed."

Jed and TJ looked at Fallen Angel, and could clearly see that blood was trickling out of his stormtrooper helmet. Jed got a rag, and TJ got some bandages thinking Where's Mara when you need her duct taping skills?

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 21, 2003 7:35:48 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
ACK Double post!
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited August 21, 2003 7:36:12 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 21, 2003 8:47:11 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
While waiting for some backup to arive Kairo decided to scope out the base. "Ok lets see what they got." he said under his breath. "Two At-At walkers, two At-sts, Three turrets, and one cunstruction facility with another At-At in the works. This is going to be tuff. Ok sending off a detailed format to the rest of the group."
  "Xaivier and Dvader here. we're on the south border."
  "Shawn Tyler here. I am on the north broder."
  "Ok guys this is Otto Vox. We are going to split into two teams. Team one will try to distract the enemy walkers. While the other team will come in from behind and take them out. Group one will constist of Xaivier, Dark Pheonix, and Dvader. Group two will be Shawn Tyler, Kairo, and me. Is that clear."
A unanimous reply of ayes followed. "Now I don't want any heroics. I want this clean and simple. We already have one member down and I don't want any more. I have also just recieved word that a few Raiders are coming to do some sabotage. As soon as we see that there power has gone out we will hit them hard and fast. Any questions?"
"Yeah. If we don't see any explosions soon should we go ahead and try to do it alone."
"We will wait as long as we can. lets give them an hour to get here. If nothing happens than we go ahead as planned."

(OOC I will write more as soon as I find out if there will some sabotage or not. OOC)
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited August 21, 2003 8:48:25 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 21, 2003 4:40:06 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: on my lunch break gonna be a shorty/OOC:

Angel TJ and Jed got back into the turbolift and rode it down to the bottom floors. they exited the building the way they entered it, TJ lifting them through the hole Angel had made. Once outside, they made their way to the rebel supply shed. jed sliced the locks while TJ and angel stood watch.

"Almost there....GOT IT!!" jed said triumphantly. The door slid open and Angel's mouth dropped open.

"Jackpot." he said. he went to wrok right away restocking his explosives. He filled his backpack woth 4 high detonation charges and packs, a package of trip mines, 6 thermal detonators, 4 ion grenades, and a modified x-1 rifle stored in a weapons locker he had to break open. he looked over at jed, who had his arms full of stuff.

"ummm jed, i dont think you can carry all of that" TJ said

"i wasn't planning on it, some of this stuff im going to stash in your speeder for once this mission is over, the rebels have some GOOD stuff here." jed replied

Angel chuckled to himself, when a gleam caught the corner of his eye. Sitting on a rack near the back of the shed was a sith assassins sword, a perfectly kept artifact. Angel ran over to it and picked it up. He could feel almost feel the battles it had gone through. He tied the sheath around his shoulder, and placed the blade inside. he also grabbed a sniper rifle on his way out, he wasn't quite sure of the model.

As they made their way to the back of the shed, they found 3 speeder bikes and 1 pair of landspeeders. they loaded up one of the landspeeders with explosives and ammo and rifles for the Tj to take to the Wraiths. then angel and Jed pushed their speeder bike out front, and fired them up.

"be careful TJ, and come back safe, we cant lose our only Dark Jedi." angel said

'You guys be careful too, especially you Angel, you get into a lot of trouble...I'll probably be safer away from you." TJ teased as he fired up his speeder and took off towards the docking yards.

'Well, lets do this. We get there, ditch the bikes, turn on our stealth units, then take out the main support beams with your explosives." jed said

"sounds good, but we need a blueprint so i can pick out those beams. we should split up, I'll find the blueprints, you shut down the power ok?" angel replied

'alright lets get moving, IH will be in trouble for a while with all those walkers roaming around."

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 21, 2003 11:58:01 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: this and previous can coutn as one if needs be, i ran out of time earlier /OOC:

angel and jed shot off on their speeder bikes towards the location of the walker construction facility. Angel turned his bikes com unit to the RAIDER frequency.

"Rizz, this is Angel, any new developments for us?"

"Ya, received word that there are two AT-AT's and two AT-PT's out there. IH is engaging them. You have 1 hour to do your business then get out of there. then IH is gonna level the place."

"Roger that, i'm switching over to IH frequency now to get Otto on the horn."

Angel dialed the comlink over to the Iron Horse frequency, barely missing a tree while he was at it. he swerved at the last second, drawing a glance from jed, who just shook his head.

The duo saw the tree line ahead, and slowed their bikes. Coming to a stop, they peered out into the clearing ahead. they saw a HUGE facility, with an ATAT under construction, and 2 more heading out to meet the AT-PT's of IH.

"We btter hurry jed, i dont know how long those AT-PTs will last against the big guys." Angel said.

They activated their cloaking devices and burst out into the clearing. Running at a dead sprint, they crossed over to the facility unnoticed. they crept up to the security panel locking the door. jed pulled out his slicing tools and began to work on the door, while Angel covered him. a few minuted passed.

"Jed come on, we only have 45 mins left to do this, and i need those skematics."

"Almost there be quiet Angel....AHAH success." jed said as the door popped open. "Ladies first."

"Why thank you kind sir." Angel said with a curtsey. "How gentlemanly of you."

They shared a quick laugh, then entered the base.

"Ok chances are the blueprints are in the offices somewhere, and the power supply down below. this is where we split up. REndezvous back here in 30 mins. have those charges set by then OK? here i jacked these two way coms from the shed, if you need help, just call me on this....if i need help i'll call you. Let me know when you find those blueprints."

With that jed handed Angel the com unit, and they spilt up, jed going right towards the stairs leading down, Angel straight, down the hallway towards god knows what...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 22, 2003 8:12:02 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  "I just received word that some Raiders are on there way to take out the power. All we need to do is stay alive for another forty-five minutes till there done." Otto Vox said.

"Easier said than done Sir." Dark Pheonix replied as he dodged another laser.

"Yeah your not the one that those At-Ats are shooting at." Dvader said through the intercom.

"I know that. Thats why I have a plan to take care of a one of those At-Ats. It will get tricky but it should work."

A few minutes later. "Ok everyone understand." Otto Vox said.

"Yeah we got it, but that plan sounds suicide."

"You'll thank me later."

"On my mark," Otto Vox commanded "Now."

Simaltaneously three of the At-Pts ran straight at one of the walkers. While the it was destracted the other group consentrated there fire at the neck joint. A huge eruption resonded through the valley.

"It worked I can't believe it worked." Kairo said through the intercom.

"Nice to know you have so much faith in your superiors." Otto Vox said.

"Come on you have to admit it sounded a little far fetched." Dark Pheonix said.

"Fine I admit I didn't think it work there for a moment." Otto Vox admitted.

"Um guys we are still in a war zone." Xaivier replied.

"Yeah, so." Kairo kidded.

"Ok guys back to business we only have to wait another thirty minutes, so stay sharp." Otto vox said. I sure hope those Raiders get there fast. I can't keep pulling tricks out of my sleave. He thought to himself.

(OOC sorry I am a little rushed so I hope it isn't to bad OOC)
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited August 23, 2003 3:00:10 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 22, 2003 6:51:43 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes dropped to the ground and cursed silently under his breath. Throught the folage ther was a squad ofabout 5 rebel heading the way of the RAIDERS, they obviously had no idea what was going on and thought it had just been a drill. they wher talking loudly and had thier uniforms on ascew and whernt even looking around. he decided they must be from another base. Snpes thought a second and tooke out a Ion grenade, that would prevent them from radioing in, Snipes then took a high explosive grenade and taped it to the ion grenade, he set the ion grenade for impact and the HE to 1 minute, the time didnt matter sence the ion grenade disabling the timing device would set it off. the then hit the activation button and tossed it into the middle of the troopers, one looked down and yelled something, but it was to late, the HE went off halfway through the word and rebels wher throughn everywher, some in mutliple peices, that should take care of them, Snipes cret from his bush just to make sure. he surveyed his carnage and crept a little further into the bushes looking for the fifth trooper, he found him in a small indent in the dirt shaking with fright. Snipes unholster his Blaster and took tape and gagged the man before he knew what was happening.

"what was that?"Rizzits voice exclaimed heatedly

"nothing much, just some rookies, im bringing one back, the only survivor"Snipes said impassionately

"ok, well i need you to go help TJs gang, ther going to a Walker factory, i want you to get ther and proved support"

"ok"

Snipes motioned for the man to walk forward and Snipes led the man back to Rizzit.

"Ther might be more coming this way"Snipes told Rizzit

"ok. that bike"Rizzit motioned to the one closest"has the factory set as a waypoint, and Mara has reconfigure to show the right enemy/freindly display"

"ok, thank you"Snipes said

Snipes walked into the APC, grabbed the second to last blaster pack and put it in the poket that was supposed to house Thermal Dets, but Snipes had run out. he then walked out and jumped on the speeder, turned it on and sped away.
he pointed himself twards the orange dot and hit the throttle harder, determined to get ther soon.

"TJ, Jed, im on my way over"Snipes said into his comlink

"SHHHH! and TJ aint with us"it was jed again"what are you doing?"

"coming to help" Snipes stated

"but arnt you doing something?"

"no"

"ok, errr. . .meet up with Fallen and have him hand his Sniper weapon over to you, you must be running low on ammo"

"ya i am, the whole squad is"

"we arnt, so just make him hand it over, you have the best hand here with those things"

"I AM NOT GIVING HIM THAT!"Fallen objected

"yes you are"it was Rizzit this time"you blow things up now, that was his job before. and he can hold more than hisown with one of those things, so just hand it over ok, he needs it more than you"

"but. . but. . .he has the disruptor!"Fallen siad

"no i dont, didnt bring it, has only two shots worth if i dot charge it up. i left it at the APC. besides your HEAVY weapons, use like a grenade launcher or something, if you realy need a sniper weapon i can give you my modified E-11Marksmen,"Snipes said dryly

"alright"Fallen grumbled in reply"but i dont need your E-11M i have my own guns"

OOC g2g/OOC

-----------------------
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 22, 2003 7:54:24 PM)]
shocktech
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  6
August 22, 2003 9:05:09 PM    View the profile of shocktech 
Shocktech ran through final landing procedures as he entered the atmosphere of Fresia.

"Calling all Iron horse squad members"

Shocktech said as he turned on long range communications

The system made a strange noise and he heard a faint voice

"This is Otto Vox, Iron Horse squad leader"

"Nice to here from you sir, this is Shocktech Van' Phoenix"

"Excellent, here are our coordinates, get your ass down here ASAP"

"On my way sir"

Shocktech flew to the designated coordinates. When he got to the area, he placed his helmet on and equipped himself with all standard gear. He then landed the shuttle 20 yards away from his comrades and watched them fight off many rebel squads, as they made their way back to the shuttle for cover. Otto rushed inside, panting

"Could you have flew here a bit faster? Good thing you ain't a pilot for the empire" Mumbled Otto

Shocktech replied-
"You try flying in those conditions, well, anyway, nows really not the time. What are we going to do about those crazy rebel bastards" Shocktech said as he pointed out the window

Otto explained the plan the squad had talked about before.

"I aint placing one foot into the drivers seat of that thing. I'm infantry, now and forever"

"Well then, we will take the walkers, while you provide a distraction"

Shocktech nodded as he rushed outside, blaster in hand................

(For future reference, when bossman say you ride, YOU RIDE.  Otherwise the armorer gets to repair the hole in your armor once they pry it off your prone corpse on the side of the road.  Capische? - signed, The Management)

-----------------------
Private First Class Shocktech Van' Phoenix
Crazy RAIDERS Squad
WildCard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Shocktech/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LOR]
If it moves, blast it.............
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited August 23, 2003 12:59:17 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 22, 2003 9:52:34 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
As Argon slipped along the outskirts of the battle, he took a moment to look accross the rows of buildings at Raider Squad.

How anyone could expect to pull off their attacks with that many transmissions for the enemy to intercept was beyond him.

As for the Wraiths, they were still under comm silence, advancing slowly toward the dock HQ.

Suddenly, Argon halted.

Turning back, he held up one finger and pointed to a shadowed overhang.

A nod from Daishi and a whisper from his rifle, and a Rebel soldier fell from the shadows, dead before he realized there were enemies.

The Wraiths had decided to move on the rooftops due to ease of movement and the lighter presence of enemy soldiers, but the sun would come up soon, and Argon knew that if they weren't at the HQ by then, they would suddenly become perfectly silouhetted targets on the rooftops.

Only three more rooftops to go.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 23, 2003 12:06:19 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC:snipes when you get to the walker facility, go help jed, since i think he;s on leave you can post about you two shutting down the power. dont shut it down until i write about finding and riggin the main supports./OOC:

angel reactivated his cloaking device, blending in with the wall in perfect camoflauge. He kept his eyes downward, keeping track of his shadow so as to not give himself away as the rebels had done earlier. He crept silently down the hallway, comign to a set of stairs leading up. He took the stairs, and they wound around for several fligths before coming to a large locked door. Angel checked the lock. It wasn;t computer locked, it was an older model door, with some sort of key mechanism. Angel took out some plastic explosive, just a bit, and placed it on the door hinges. then he wired the explosives, and darted back down the stairs.

When he reached the bottom, he detonated the charges. he heard a *BOOM*, followed by a *CRASH*, as the door's hinges were blown away, and the door fell in. Angel crept back up the stairs, keeping his sword close to his side to silence any unwanted acquaitances. he reached the doorway he had just blown in, and stepped into the now unlocked room. Inside was the outer room surrouding the control center for the walker facility. A much larger and heavier door was further into the room marked "CONTROL CENTER."

Angel scoured the room in search of anything useful, but came up empty. he looked at his watch....20 minutes to place the charges...at least snipes is on his way. He thought to himself Then we can make our escape more easily.

Convinced that what he sought lay nowhere in the room, he made his way to the large door. on this one he taped 3 thermal detonators together and then taped it to the lock mechanism. then he backed away from the thermals, tipped over some desks for cover, and pulled out the sniper rifle he confiscated. Drawing the thermals into the crosshairs, he snapped off a shot, and watched as the thermals exploded, obliterating the lock.

Angel stepped up to the door and swung it open, jumping inand to one side as he did.  He felt a pulse of electicity pass through he body as he did so. Then his heart sank as sparks flew from his belt, and the cloaking device failed.

Angel found himself face to face with at least a dozen republic guards and plant systems operators. he leapt for the nearest one, drawing his Sith assassins sword as he flew through the air.

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Mars
ComNet Initiate

August 23, 2003 1:25:39 PM    View the profile of Mars 
Mars and Slash ran out of the back of the repulsors with a final order from Demi to make it across the battlefield and make contact with the Raiders.  Just as the hatch closed, the soldiers saw an Imperial trooper take off on a speeder bike.  The battle was pretty much over in this area... only a few nonexperience rebels left.  Blaster fire spilled all over the field, but their inaccurancy made travel possible.  The lance corporals made it to the tree-line.  They took a minute to think forward as they watched the two repulsor tanks decimate the remaining troops.

"Alright, let's stay on the inside edge of this tree-line for cover and that should get us to where the Raiders are," Mars suggested just before two rebels approached, "Slash, behind you!"

Slash turned, and with his stolen T-21 repeater took out the young soldiers that were clearly on the wrong side of the war.  Mars and Slash grabbed what they can from the dead bodies and started their travel.

The tree-line provided perfect cover.  Only about a dozen rebels left and all distracted by the fire from the Raiders and the two repulsors.  It took Mars and Slash a few minutes to reach the Raiders.

Mars said as he came up to Riz, "Sergeant Major, Lance Corporal Mars, we came to assist.  We finished cleaning up the area around the downed walker, but we couldn't get contact with you..."

"Yeah, we've been abit busy here, four of my men are gone... Iron Horse has enemy walkers on them so I sent them as reinforcements... since the situation is dissolving here.  We're all that is left," Riz replied as he points to himself and Mara.

"Mars, Slash," Demi came on over the comlink, "we just intercepted a rebel transmission calling for more reinforcements to hold this facility, the message repeats so I have no idea when it was initially sent, inform Riz and get back to the tanks... we'll need you two to operate secondary weapons."

"Riz, just got word from Demi... enemy troops approaching our location.  They could be here at anytime... looks like Iron Horse won't be the only one to see heavy action now.  Slash and I have to get back to the tanks; good luck, sir," Mars said as he and Slash made their was back to the repulsors.

Just as the hatch openned on the tanks, a silhouette started to rise over the hill in the direction of the sun.  The entire squad looked at it as it approached closer and closer.  Finally, the silhouette grew color and what had appeared would startle the Dark Dragoons.  A rebel defense force had arrived, and they had some toys of their own...

-----------------------
-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 23, 2003 2:56:46 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC I am a bit confused about Shocktechs report because we had already gotten rid of one of the walkers with the plan so I will just take that as being befor we did it. OOC)

"Hey DF help me take out that At-St pinning down Dvader." Kairo said.

"I'm on my way." Dark Phoenix said as he shot off a Concussion grenade at a firing turret. "Ok I'm flanking its left side. Lets try to pin it between us."

"Roger." Moving into position Kairo signalled Dvader, "Were coming in from the sides Dvader so just hold on a few more seconds." Simultaneously Kairo and Dark Phoenix fired off A concussion grenade at each side. "Wow, look at those sparks. Its slag."

"Thanks for the assist guys." Dvader replied as he turned around and head for one of the turrets.

"Hey Kairo I am out of Concussion grenades so I am going to peal back an provide some cover fire." Dark Pheonix said through his intercom.

"Ok see you later." Kairo said switching off his intercom as he did, "Hopefully."
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 23, 2003 6:48:00 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Getting out on Imperial Center business for once had been such a joy.  Some blueprints for variants of Lambda and Sentinel-type transport craft were on their way back to VE-space by courier drone.  A little business on the cheap with a disgruntled technician at Sienar who was not impressed with the current state of the galaxy.

And now back to the day job.  The Kodama was running in tip-top shape, though the mini-bar was in need of restocking.  Plying clients with whiskey had cost almost as much as fuel had on this trip.  And now the side trip to Fresia to try to make sense of the campaign there.

Too many surprises, too many new or rusty troops.  Too little advances.  And too little time left before the New Republic untangled themselves from a committee to authorize a fleet visit to the area.

Fury docked with the Dominion and made his way to the bridge where the captain met him.  Together with an intel officer, they met in a conference room where holos of the combat zone were displayed.  Japer was piped in audio-only from the planet.

"What's new since I left Lianna?"

The intel chief looked around and got a nod from his captain to begin.  "The civilians have been mostly cleared out with the exception of some pockets of holdouts who apparently just did not want to leave home.  We have delivered food and medicine to them and to the mass groups of civilians on the other islands.  Some of the latter took pot shots at our transports. We chose to leave them alone to think it over.

"When we finally came back four days later, they were more willing to work with us.  They do not have to like us, they just have to accept our visit here.

"As for the major combat area, as usual its mayhem."  That got some chuckles out of everyone.  "We seem to have captured the port facilities mostly intact though the nearby warehousing facilities had to be cut down.  We have toe-holds in most of the remaining areas of operation though they need reinforced.  And that's where I think you can help us out."

Fury nodded.  "Have they come in yet?"

Japer answered. "All of Drill squad came in yesterday and are going through simulator training on the Dominion.  Along with them, LCP Tylers will be joining the drop team as he's been up here on a medical trip.  Nothing too serious but as usual we are short of medical staff in the field.

"It would really help out if you came in and helped secure the city so the rest of us could get to the front lines and wrap this up."

Fury jotted some notes down on his datapad and slid it over to the intelligence officer. "Okay, so we come in to do some REMF work to get everyone up to the front and give the new guys some real life experience.  I like it.  I'll need some armor and some other random items checked out from the armory.

"Captain, I'll need the Dominion to take a quick run over the combat area so that we can take the express down to the surface.  I know there are still some air-to-space emplacements that have caused some problems but just give us a quick window and throw us down there.  As long as we hit dry land we should be okay."

Aside from some small items, the meeting was soon wrapped up.

[OOC]  I sent out an AWOL check for Drill squad earlier in the week and haven't had too successful of a response.  Plus I'm bored.  Most of you know what that means.  The rest will soon find out. [/OOC]
  -----------------------
PRF/LG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited August 23, 2003 7:21:27 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 24, 2003 4:53:58 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Snipes, new plan, i need help over here"jed said several minutes later"whats your ETA?"

"about 2 minutes"Snipes said as he parked the bike in some dense brush

"good, ill meat you near the east door"

"ok"

Snipes covered the bike with some brush and set up some boobytraps for unsuspecting rebels if they touched his speederbike.

"Fallen wont be dropping the Sniper rifle by either, you will have to make do, untill we regroup"

"ok"Snipes said"i have enough on me for a while"

"good, now hurry up"

"im shutting my comm off for a few, so i can get throught the reble patrols"

"ok, you that close then?"

"ya, but the rebels seem to have discovered your bikes"

Snipes switched off his comm and unsheathed one of his knifes, he decided he would try his brothers way this time, if it came to that. Snipes crept threw the follage and onto the clearing the base was in, keeping an eye out for walkers, he could hear them, but couldnt see them. he made a sprint for the wall and made it easily. he crept around the wall and found a door, he checked a peice of equiptment on him to make sure this was east. he hit the open button, nothing happened, he hit several buttons trying to overload it, he couldnt get in, finaly he just punched the control panel, the door slid halfway up. he crouched down and crwled under.

"Snipes that you?" came Jeds voice

"what, huh?"Snipes grabbed up his gun and turned the scope to infrared and looked around, ther was jed, he let the gun down, jed was gone"hey, turn that off"

"oh, sorry"Jed said coming back into veiw."turn your comm back on"

Snipes turned it back on

"they are going to see that you kno"Jed said motioning at teh door

"oh,ya just give me a minute"Snipes said

Snipes walked over to awall aknocked on it with his fist, good, it was duracrete covered in durasteel. Snipes took out his torch and a his extra pair of welding gogles. "look away or dimm your gogles if you want to be able to see again"Snipes said as he strapped on his goggles. he fired up his torch and cut a peaice of dura steel out of the wall about the size of the space in the door. he lifted it over to the spaces and took out his welding tool, he then began welding it shut. after about five minutes he finished and took out a few explosives, he hid those ina corner near the door and hooked them up so that if some1 triedf to force ther way in from out or in they, or if they tampered with the bomb, they would blow themselfs away.

"lets go"Snipes said as he put his stuff back in its pouches

"wher do you keep all that stuff?"jed asked in amazement"you cant have room enough on that belt"

"i do"Snipes said as he buttoned the last one up."lets go"

jed took the lead and they covered themselfs around corners and threw intersections, some times silently disposeing of some poor rebel with one of snipes knivesor a puch from jed.

"do you kno wher we're going?"Snipes asked finaly

"not a dang clue, we need to find the generators"

"ok, then i lead and you use your invisy-thingy to cover my back, or front as is neccesary"

"ok"jed siad dissapearing

They walked for a while, silently disposeing of poor rebels and throughing ther bodys into storrage closets then locking the doors. finaly they found some wher that had a sign pointing out wher everything was.

"left"Snipes said

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 24, 2003 4:56:55 PM)]
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
August 24, 2003 7:48:00 PM    View the profile of JR 
"Okay guys lets move out." Rizzit told JR, Jyse, and Mara as they arrived at the base. JR was just about to exit when Rizzit grabbed his shoulder, "Wait JR I need you to question the rebel we captured, I know you can be very persuasive." JR laughed remembering on Mimba.

JR walked towards the rebel and withdrew his blaster smiling as he saw the look of fear in the mans face...

The other three RAIDERS joined the DD guns flaring.

"Whats the situation," Rizzit asked Demi.

"Well we got most of the rebels but reenforcements just arrived."

"I see that," Rizzit said, "But unfortunatly were all you got."

"Just the three of you," Demi said in a confused tone.

"No JR's questioning a rebel in the APC," Rizzit replied.  I wonder if he's learnt anything Rizzit thought as he commed JR.

"JR what's up," Rizzit asked.

"The dirtbag wouldn't talk," JR replied, "So I took care of him."

It took a second or two for Rizzit to take in what JR had said but when he did he was horrified.

"What the hell did you do," Rizzit screamed at JR.

"All I did was shoot near his head like I did to the guys on Mimba," Replied JR in a slightly comedic voice, "But apparently these rebels dont come as brave as they used to and the guy feinted." JR finished laughing.

"Oh, well make sure he wont move and come out here we could use your help," Rizzit told him.

"Copy that."

-----------------------
TRP/SGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]
Mr. Burns-"I will bring them much more than pandas something no one else can find."
Homer-"A sober Irish man"
Mr. Burns-"No something much more rare."
[This message has been edited by JR (edited August 24, 2003 8:30:20 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 24, 2003 8:23:08 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Fury was still trying to adjust his borrowed armor as he headed to the hangar.  He knew better than to pack his own onboard his ship when doing IC business...it tended to scare off non-Imperial clients...but he hadn't worn off-the-shelf un-enhanced armor in years.  He felt more vulnerable than when he had running around Lotaith with some light body armor.  Being a stormtrooper in a galaxy that sometimes hated you had that effect.

He quit fiddling with the armor and walked toward the two dropships currently on standby in the center of the hangar.  Seven troopers standing at various forms of attention lined up between them.  Another was off by himself working the protective packing material off of blaster power packs and giving them a quick wrap with some torn scraps of bodyglove.  This made them safe from damage but not so bulky. If you could handle the extra weight, it also allowed you to carry twice the ammunition load. Fury walked over to him.  "Tylers, fall in with the others.  And try to teach them the same trick before we drop.  It'll take their minds off the obvious."  The armored helmet nodded and moved off to join the others.

As did Fury.  "Good morning troopers.  Our friends here on the Dominion have let me know that they will be dropping into Fresia's atmosphere in about an hour.  Behind you, you will notice two Meller & Dax MT/191 dropships.  Normally they can carry upwards of 160 troops.  Today they will be packed to the gills with equipment and supplies for the troops on the ground.  We are the afterthought on this run.  There are some vehicles we will use; otherwise the rest of the cargo will be off-loaded and taken down a much safer route than we will use once we are on the ground.

"Take 45 minutes to grab some breakfast and some rations.  Who knows when your next meal will be.  Form up here when you return.  Vegeta, Haun, Faragos-Tinn, and Eagle13 will ride with me.  LCP Tylers will accompany AgentGr33n, Tony and Soultaker.  We should land within a kilometer of each other and will sweep out and take out any remaining opposition in the city.  You have your orders.  Move out."

Six troopers ran straight towards the mess hall and hefty plates of dewback bacon and eggs.  Haun and Tylers stayed behind.  Haun pulled off his helmet and headed towards his gear.  Fury stopped him and pulled out three ration bars from his own gear; one for each of them.  "Have prior experience on a dropship?"

"Not quite sir.  I just know that freefall and food don't mix.  I can't imagine this being any better."

Tylers grunted. "Its worse actually.  All you can taste is your own bile...if you're lucky."  He pointed a thumb back at the departed troopers and reached for his ration bar with his other hand.  "Those guys are about to learn a cruel lesson in dropship tactics."

Fury grinned behind his helmet.  "I know," he chuckled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour and twenty minutes later, his team felt the launch of the first dropship from the hangar.  The pilot kicked in the repulsors and their craft moved forward.  Then it felt like they crashed into the hangar deck.  Fury slapped the comm button on the cargo hold door.  "Pilot?"

"Yeah, stand by.  I think the ship got hit by something.  We are being ordered to leave RIGHT NOW.  We'll get you as close to the drop area as we can."  "Understood." Fury cut the connection.  There was nothing he could do from the proverbial back seat that would help. 

The troopers with him looked around for better protection.  Vegeta wrapped himself up in some cargo webbing that was holding some medical supply crates together.  Fury decided this might be a good time for a nap before he got caught up in the paranoia.

That lasted for a good ten minutes before he heard retching.  This was pretty much normal.  He dialed up the olfactory filters so he wouldn't have to smell it.  Faragos-Tinn must've cleaned out a whole tub of eggs a couple hours ago. 

The pressure was starting to get uncomfortable.  The problem with dropships is that you basically shot yourself like a rocket into an atmosphere without any common sense moves like picking a safe entry window.  This caused a lot of pressure and a lot of heat.  In this particular instance, more heat than he was used to. He inched forward to the comm unit, which was not an easy task at who-knew how many Gs.  "Pilot, this is Fury."

A shaky voice answered him.  "We damaged some of the VACX coating when he hit the deck up there.  I'm taking us in shallow. We are not going to be anywhere near the drop zone." A couple seconds passed. "We'll be alright, just get your people away from the port side."

"Copy and out."  Fury inched back to the troops.  Already it was getting hard to hold his head up.  And it was still getting warmer.  He keyed open the preassigned squad channel, "Sound off."

It was silent more a moment, then "Drill Three," came an obviously queasy Faragos-Tinn.

"Drill Five."  That was Eagle13.

"Drill Seven," called Vegeta.  "General.  Haun's not moving."

"Haun?  Come in."  Fury crawled over to the prone trooper.  He had been seated on the port side and hadn't said much since the drop began.  Pointing at Vegeta and Eagle13, they drag his body to where the rest of them had relocated and strapped him down as best they could.  Then they hurried up and did the same."

"Drill squad, this is the pilot.  We are clear of most of the upper atmosphere. I am attempting the drop now.  Hang on back there."  Fury heard the engines whine and then his stomach jumped into his throat and he passed out.

More later.  Any Drill squad members who want to redeem themselves; this is your chance.

-----------------------
PRF/LG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 24, 2003 11:26:40 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes and jed continued down the halls as they had been, but now there wher more hallways now, and they needed to keep a sharp eye out for signs and rebels. they had recently ran into a small squad of rebels, they had been kiled quikly, but the duo wasnt sure if one got a message out or not. The rebels they'd been seeing recently had been in full squads and fully equiped.

"this way"Snipes said turning a corner

They walked down the corridor for awhile, thye seemed to be going th right direction. Then Snipes saw a squad, a large one of about ten soldiers, coming dow the hall thier way. Snipes heard someone shout and point at him, he'd been seen. he could hear death hammers going off to his right as he neeled down and brought his Marksmen to his eye.
*PCHU*1down*PCHU*2*PCHU*3
Snipes felt the familiar burning in his left shoulder, hee'd been hit, he felt another one a little further down the arm.
*PCHU* the last one was down

"are you alright?"Jed asked flickering back into veiw

"I'll be fine"Snipes said standing up"You have a medipack?"

"No, sorry"

"Dosent matter, just a luxury"Snipes said walking over to the dead troopers.

"What are you doing?"

"Exchanging ammo, ey come here look at this"Snipes said holding up an E-11"They are all like this"

"weird"

Snipes cut some peices fromt he enemy uniforms and took off his armour on the arm and rapped his burns. the armour had saved him again, if he hadnt ahd it on he would have two holes threw his arms, insted they wher just thrid degree burns. Snipes put the armour back on.

"down here some more"Snipes said standing up"I think"

"ya, your right"

They continued down the hall a while when they came to a turbo lift.

"it says here the Generators are on the bottom basement"

"theys more than one?"

"ther apear to be 7"

"hmm. . .more like a bunker"

"i cant get this door to work"Snipes then proceded to curse wildly under his breath

"hit the green the red then the orange twice"

"screw it"Snipes said after seeveral failed attempts, and brought back his fist to slamm it inot the controll panel

"Whoa, i have slicer tools here ya kno"Jed said grabbing Snipes hand

"you could have said that earlier"Snipes said wrenching his hand free

Jed went over to it and plugged in his tools. while he did that snipes took up a position wher he could see down the hall and began switching threw channels on his comm seeing if he could pick up anything rebel, he cought snatches froma ll the squads. mostly technical stuff he didnt care about and he kept switching. aftera while he had come up with nothing and jed had opened the door snipes swithced back to CrazyRAIDER central.

"ok lets go, it on the bottum right?"Jed said stepping in

"thats what it says" Snipes said as he blasted a screen above the door

"why'd you do that!"jed said

"it will be harder for them to figure out wher we be going, after all ther are other important things down ther."

"ok, good thinking"

Snipes stepped in and jed hit a few buttons. soon they could hear the humm of the lift and feel it moving down. suddenly it jerked to a stop.

"was it supposed to do that?"Snipes inquired

"NO" jed said hitting a few buttons hard.

the door slid open and they wher face to face with a high ranking rebel officer looking bored as heck. he didnt have time to look up and see snipes and jed. jed had alread hit him on the back of the head with one of his deathhammers, knocking him out cold.

"why didnt you just let me kill him?"Snipes asked replacing one of his knifes he had had half way to the mans throut

"he may be usefull"

"We cant dragg him around here wiht us"

"no, we cant. do you have any rope or anything we can bind this man with?"

"i acctualy have a pair of cuffs i grabbed off one of the rebels and some wire i carry around becuase its my job."

jed hit a few buttons and the lift was humming back down.
they bound the man hand and foot, cuffs on the feet, whire on the hands, Snipes welded the wire together so the mann couldn't just untie it. then jed took thwo pills from a pouch and shoved them down the mans throut.

"just for him to sleep"jed said

after a few more minutes the lift onece again abruptly halted, but this time jed didnt look displeased or confused, he just threw the man over his should and hit the button for the door to open.
the door opened and they found themselves in a shore corridor with one door halfway down on the right side that said in peeling letters "Storage". and another door at the end of the hall.

"thats wher we'll put him"jed said pointing to the storage room

they walked over and hit eh button, the door slid open slowly, obviously from lack of use. inside they found old boxes and peices of equipment littering the room in no real order. Jed dropped the man and rolled him under a shelf and staccked boxes infront of him.

"ther, if we can we may come back for him, if not, well i wouldnt want to be him"

Jed led them down the corridor untill they reached the door. jed hit some buttons. the dorr didnt budge, they could hear the motor that opens hit trying to work, but the dorr didnt move.Snipes and jed looked at eachother and shook their heads, something wasnt right. Snipes took out his torch and goggles and put onn the goggles.jed turned away. Snipes bagen trying to cut threw the door, they had decided he would cut threw it because an explosion might destroy the generators, and they didnt need to do that yet. it took Snipes 15 minutes to make a hole big enough for them to get threw. Snipes cralwed threw first and knifed a technictian that had stupidly come over to see what the racket was.

"jed, you might want our hostage now"Snipes said as he shot two technitians.

jed nodded and ran back into the hallway. Snipes lookd around, nobody else. the room was about 60 feet but 30 feet and house two generators. Mk463 some-company-Snipes-couldnt-remeber. he did kno how to disable them though. he then walkd to the other side of the room. ther was another turbo lift here, this one looked used. Snipes took and torched peices of metal off the walls and welded them aross the door, prevent someone else from coming threw.

"what now?"Snipes asked jed as he crawled threw the hole in the door

"we wait for fallen and barrkade ourselves in here"

OOC: this is how i imagine the room

-walls
  +door we cam threw
  =other door
  G generator

|                  GGGG                          |
                |                    GG                            |
                |                                                    |
                =                  GGGG                        |
                |                    GG                            |
                --------------------------------------------

-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 25, 2003 10:09:09 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC I can't post right now but I just wanted to say that you have like 10 minutes till the Iron Horses are going to start blowing the place up. I think I counted that down right. well anyways, I think I have a way to extend your time in the story, so I will be posting tonight. OOC)

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
Iron Horse rules.
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
August 25, 2003 10:54:32 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Time to get Wraith back in this thing.  If my post is a bit wierd you can blame Sniping101, he inadvertantly put a 'Quack Experiment Serial Excel Saga' moment in my mind.  It may not be too bad, I think. /OOC]

Thanks to some good progress on the roof tops the Wraiths were poised to enter the dockyard HQ building with little resistance.

"Kuroishi, Argon it's majic hour."  Raziel said as he went to the other members of the squad.

"Drat what a time to be without background music."  Kuroishi complained.

"Can't have everything."  Argon replied as the duo readied thier sniper rifles.

"Rest of the squad is set.  You two start your work in one minute.  The rest of us will move into position."  Raziel whispered as he crawled next to Kuroishi and Argon.

"Remember the smilie?"  Kuroishi asked swearing he could hear the skin on Argon's head streatching from his own smile.

Kuroishi mentally counted away the time then began his work with a clearly marked captain who foolishly left his office blinds open with lights on.

Argon came back to his sniper position after setting a perimeter of explosives.  After all the rest of Wraith wouldn't be in a position to support them if the rebels figured out where the duo were sniping from.

"Panic will set in momentarily."  Kuroishi said as he went on through officers as fast as he could fire.

"The rest of Wraith are inside."  Argon said as he popped another magazine into his rifle.

"Alright tails you move to next position, heads I move."  Kuroishi said as he grabbed a coin and tossed it at an officer.

Kuroishi cursed himself as the head of some planetary dignitary he killed was clearly visible the milisecond before Argon shot through the coin and into the officer.

Kuroishi was quickly in his new position and firing away like a madman until Argon joined him a moment later.

"Now we just have to wait for the rest of them to clear the building."  Argon said as the duo finished the last guard left outside.

"Or we could go in after them."  Kuroishi replied.

"We're supposed to keep anyone sneaking up on the squad from outside."  Argon countered.

"Alright one of us could go.  Shame we're out of officers or I could flip you for it."  Kuroishi said as he palmed another coin.

[OOC:  Be glad this is not a Project Copyright Infringement production or you'd have to deal with lines like'Why you bite me so?' or 'How you shoot me?'  /OOC]

-----------------------
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 25, 2003 11:47:50 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: This begins right after my last post of course, so Kairo i have more than 10 mins left, just tryin to not confuse ya /OOC:

Angel's leap was cut short as he was tackled in midair by a rebel trooper. Both sides had been taken aback by angel's sudde entrance.

Twisting in midair, angel slammed the hilt of his sword down on the rebel's temple. the man's body went limp as they crashed to the floor. The other rebels began to open fire. Angel picked up the downed rebels body and used it as a shield. His muscles groaned and burned under the immense pressure Guess they feed them well here He mused to himself, then got back to the task at hand.

He heard the blasters click as their packs were drained. his bumb shoulder gave out under the strain, and he could feel the ligaments tear again.

He dropped the rebel trooper that had saved his life. the stench of charred flesh stunk up the room, and angel waded into the rebel troops.  His sword hummed as it flew through the air. He had disembowled or incapacitated half the rebel squad on this pass.

obviously greem he thought to himself. The had at least 5 opportunities to kill me by now, i guess im just lucky today

Angel heard blaster packs slammed into pistols and rifles, and upended a desk to use as cover. These stupid rebels are standing in a GROUP he thought oh this is just ridiculously easy

Angel produced a thermal detonator, set it for impact explosion, and lobbed it over his head. He head it bounce once, then a bright slash of light followed by immense heat flowed through the room. Rebel screams died out, and the heat dissipated, leaving angel alone in the room.

He got to his feet, and he coulc see bright lights in his eyes, and he almost passed out. he felt bile creep up into his throat, and swallowed it down.

"Wow, we need to wrap this up, i dont know how much more of this i can take." He said to himself. The lights faded away, Angel took a deep breath and got to work...

15mins later...

Angel opened a drawer on a large desk near the back of the room.

"YES!!!' he said to himself "Found it"  He pulled out a datapad and turned it on. It contained not only structural readouts for the entire base, but also their pressure ratings and buckled weight. he chose the 4 biggest ones, and with his semi-competent knowledge if structural engineering, the ones that appeared to be holding the biggest load.

Angel opened his link to Jed. "Jed this is Angel, i have the diagrams now. The charges willt ake me the better part of the 10 mins we have left. I found some night vision goggles and a head lamp also, so you can cut the power anytime."

"Roger that, Snipes and I have just taken control of the generator room, so it'll be down shortly. get back to me when you place those charges, snipes and i are gonna clear an exit for us. Jed out."

Angel close the link, just in time to hear a "compound compromised, fire on control center. 1 imperial there, maybe more below.." His report was cut short by Angels sword cleanly detaching the mans head from his neck.

"Roger that," came the reply, "Opening fire now" Angel looked out the front viewport to see an ATAT turning towards the control center.

"OH SHIT" Angel yelled as he ran for the door. he booked it as fast as his crippled body would let him. he made it to the outer offices before a blast ripped through the control center. Shards of glass and metal became shrapnel as they wizzed by Angel. he was knocked over by the blast, thrown to the floor.

Angel rolled to his feet and kept running. he didn;t slow until he made it to the bottom of the stairs. then he tok a moment to catch his breath, and make sure he didn;t soil his armor.

Then he got to work....

OOC: snipes or jed, make a post about cutting the power /OOC:

8 minutes later.

"Jed this is angel, i've placed all the charges. the base seems to be pretty empty, but it will be a refuse oile once these charges go off.  i saved my last one for the door way."

"Roger that, I'll tell IH to back off, then tell RIzz were done here." Jed replied "Good work, you sound exhausted."

"you have no idea, maybe i'll tell you back home when you buy me a drink."

Angel made his way to the entrance, disarming the bomb he placed there earlier. he reattached it to the outer side of the door.

Angel turned to see Jed and snipes standing outside, with all  3 speeder bikes in tow.

"Rizz knows were done, and IH is putting a little distance between them and the base. The trio got on their bikes and zoomed away. angel slowed after about 150 meters.

Swinging his bike around, he pulled out the detonator, activated it and said "Fire in the hole!!!!"...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 25, 2003 11:49:15 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 25, 2003 11:55:11 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC Ok this is during your last post so that at the end we are on the same time frame. OOC)

"Ok guys we still have a few guys out here to take care of." Firing off a Concussion grenade at a turret he didn't even wait to see the explosion before he veired off and started looking for another target.

"Wow look at boss go." Dark Phoenix said.

"No wonder he is in command." Kairo agreed.

"Cut the chit chat boys and start shooting those guns." Otto Vox said.

Taking a quick peek at his radar Kairo saw  that there wasn't much left to take care of. Besides the lone At-At there wasn't much. "Dvader can you give me some cover fire. I think I can get rid of that At-At proboblem we seem to have."

"Sure, but what can you do?" Dvader replied.

"Well I kindof instald a little somethng to my At-Pt." Kairo said hestantly.

"You know you can get in trouble with the technicians for that."

"They'll never know. Just give me that distraction and I am ready to go." Kairo said. (Sure this should work but I could get hurt). He thought to himself. (Ah what the heck if it doesn't hurt to try). While waiting for Dvader to get in posstion Kairo stole a look at the under side of the At-At. (All right! I thought so. Medium grade quality on the under armer. Sure it cuts down on cost but it still isn't smart.)

Sudenly laser fire issued from a near by patch of trees at the At-At. "Whatever you were planning on doing nows your chance Kairo." Dvaders voice said from the intercom.

Punching the throtle forward Kairo felt the impact of speed push him into his seat. Praying that the speed boosters he instaled didn't over heat and explode form under him, Kairo hang onto the controls for dear life. "Incoming Target." the automatic impact warnings blared. Counting down the seconds Kairo watched the looming form of the At-At come into veiw. "Five. Four. Three. Two. One." Throwing all his engines into reverse Kairo slammed his At-Pt into a one-eighty turn. Aiming his cannons straight up he punched the fire button with his last grip on consciosness. The last thing he remebers hearing was a faint exploision from above his head.

Two Concussion grenades and lasers hit the bottom of the At-At hard. A resounding explosion echoed around the valley. The At-At was shakinup but not totally down. "All spare men concentrate fire on that At-At." Otto Vox's voice said over the intercom. From four different directions laser fire poured into the At-At. Finally after a few moments the large mass fell to the ground.

"Good work men. That takes care of the rest of the big threats. Dvader how is Kairo?" Otto Vox asked as he looked over to find Dark Pheonix prying open the cockpit.

"He's fine sir, but his At-Pts engine is shot." Dvader said through his com unit.

"Better that then him." It seemed like everyone was ok after this fight. "ok guys pull hi out of there and head back. I just got word that the base is about to blow."

A few minutes later the watched from afar as huge colums of smofe issued from the rubble that remaned of the base.
"Ok guys time to get back in those At-Pts and see what else trouble we can cause."

(OOC Hope I didn't break any rules with the stunt I pulled. I am done for now. OOC)

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
Iron Horse rules.
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited August 25, 2003 12:02:19 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 25, 2003 12:04:00 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: at end of my post power was down, and base about to be obliderated. so we'll just say out posts have the same time frame/OOC (sry for clogging this up, just trying to keep everything straight

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:13:27 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 127  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >