Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
  RE: Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
September 10, 2003 9:45:29 PM    View the profile of Fury 
After getting the best medics on the ground to care for Farragos-Tinn, he sent Vegeta in towards the med tents to check on talking out some of recent day's events with someone.  While he could be a right bastard about yelling at people to suck it up and do their jobs in the field, after action counseling was usually something that kept troopers from waking up screaming in the middle of the night and throwing thermal detonators around the barracks long after a mission.  So, beyond its obvious help in that regard, it was just good sense.  Hell, he'd probably check in and talk out some of this crap himself once he had a free moment.

The regulars were pretty thin on the ground here.  Apparently there were not too many of them, and not very well dug in yet either. But, finally, he was enough behind the lines to take off his helmet and bum a cigarra and a light from an off duty soldier.

Eventually he made his way to the makeshift command center where he was directly to a Major Timms.  He remembered the officer as a quickly promoted recruit that he had fought alongside during the recent defense of Lotaith.  A good man, but very impatient about the paperwork end of the job...and that was as an officer.  Sure enough, he found the young man berating an orderly trying to hand him a datapad of some minor but likely critical detail.

The orderly waited, and waited, and finally got the approval needed without saying a word.  Apparently he was used to the routine.  The soldier needed a medal, if not some form of sainthood, bestowed on him.

"Kind of rough on the help there, aren't you?" Fury asked after the orderly had left the office.

Timms jumped in the air and turned to face him.  "Geez, you about scared the life out of me." Pointing Fury to a seat he continued.  "Sorry General, we've all been short on sleep here.  That, and half of my staff was on one of the dropships who didn't make it groundside except as a cinder.  Including Daggitt, that supply sergeant who kept us fed on Lotaith."  Fury nodded.  The hairy old man had come out of retirement to serve the empire full time after having his home destroyed during the sneak attack by pirates and mercenaries.  Yet another sign the army needed new blood, and quickly.

Timms went on.  "Heard about your own dropship problems.  I don't know where these jokers keep coming up with air and space defense installations.  That must've been a minor industry here or something.

"Anyway, I figure you are here for an update as you sure as hell haven't spent any time looking for a refresher yet.  I mean, seriously sir, do you stormies just bathe in blood anymore to scare the hell out of us regulars?"  Fury looked down.  Fixing up Farragos-Tinn had not been orderly nor clean.  "Its from a trooper I dragged back from an ambush.  I ordered him to stay alive.  Thus far he's complied."

Timms grunted.  "He probably will then.  Orders are orders to you guys.  Alright, here's what I do know.  We managed to get an airskimmer out to your drop location.  That pilot managed to pile up about thirty bodies from long range and keep the rest away.  We dropped off a couple squads to mop up the area, but your trooper and the pilot are both topside taking a dip in the Dominion's bacta tanks.  For some damn reason, we can usually get a ship off the surface, its dropping us in that's the pain.

"We also managed to pick up a couple troopers from the other dropship.  The rendevous point was a complete shambles.  We lost our pickup crews and you lost a couple troopers but the rest managed to pull it together and hold the enemy off.  We've got them recuperating somewhere around here.

"As for the situation.  Like you, we've been sending hunter-killer teams out behind the lines, such as they are, and taking out pocket of resistance.  The cannibal angle is new but not unexpected.  I'll give the order to consider all civilians targets.  You guys have no problems with that, but our conscripts have to have those genteel notions of civilization beat out of them from time to time.

"On your right flank are the Wraiths and Raiders.  Actually, that's kind of the center of the line too as they've split into small groups and are doing a lot of nice hit-and-fade attacks.  Somewhere on the left is the mincemeat that used to be the Dark Dragoons and Iron Horse, which I suppose is more or less intact.  We tried sending some reinforcements that way but its really a mess.  Neither side has any coordination and they are caught under the same kind of jamming you were.

"As for here, we've got the better part of a company from the three that got dropped down here.  Most of that is either shell-shocked or wounded but we'll have this rear area secured within a matter of days.  Not that I have the authority to do so, but I suggest you wash, eat, and rest.  In that order sir.  I'll let those who need to know that you are alive and well."

Fury nodded and got up.  Questions could apparently wait until his brain could function properly again.  Getting some directions from the stoic orderly, he found lodging in a warehouse manager's office and followed Major Timm's orders to the letter.

-----------------------
PRF/LG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
September 11, 2003 9:20:02 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
Pushing through the underbrush, in the direction in which Kairo thought was the rendesvoi point for the IH, he checked to make sure that DP was still with him.

"Hey Kairo," Dark Pheonix's voice said through the darkness somwhere to his left. "What happened back there?"

"Well we were all heading over to help out the Wraiths, when we were ambushed by a platoon of Rebel scum. We scrambled and headed into the forest. Last thing I saw was about fifteen rebel soldiors down, shockteck was stunned in the leg and being helped by Xaivier, and everyone one else  was firing and heading for whatever cover they could find."

Kairo took a pause to make sure they were still alone. "Then Otto Vox comes over the speaker, along with a ton of static, saying 'IHs meet me at the designated cordinates.' thats the last thing I heard before running into you."

"Well atleast now we both have somone to watch our backs." Pheonix said dryly.

"Ok were coming up on the redesvoi. You ready?" Kairo said while making a last check on his ammo.

"Sure am." Pheonix said as he pulled out his blaster. "Think there may be some trouble?"

"Not sure, but better safe then dead." He said as pulled aside the last branch, and stepped right into the cross fire between the IH and another squad of soldiers. Pulling back just in time to see a bullet wizz past where his head was a minute ago, Kairo rolled to the ground and pulled out his sniper rifle. Sighting through the scope he fired and then started to aim for his next victim.

Dark Phoenix emediatly started blasting at a clump of rebel troops hiding behind an out cropping of rocks they were using as cover. Atleast they thought it was cover until blaster fire issued from out of the forest to there right. Holstering the now empty gun Pheonix pulled out another one and started firing again.

It was all over in a matter of minutes. Kairo's and Dark Phoenix's sudden arival gave the group the surprise they need to desimate the Rebels.

Running over to Otto Vox Kairo said, "Ready and waiting for orders sir. Hope we didn't arrive to late."

"Not at all. Just in time actually. But if I hear correctly the Wraiths are in a little more trouble that this, IH packup and lets go kill some Rebel slime." Otto Vox commaded.

(OOC hope it wasn't to boring. I will try to write more tonight. OOC)

-----------------------
Private First Class Kairo
Iron Horse rules.
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
TRP/PFC Kairo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
September 12, 2003 2:26:15 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I guess I'm just going to have to do my ussual hairbrained scheme to solve this situation.  I know I'll be going a bit super trooper here but since I'm not getting a whole lot of support I'm affraid that's about the only option.  /OOC]

The Wraiths had managed to hold back the first wave by the skin of thier teeth thanks to the timely arrival of two squads of regulars.

There were still no signs of any of the other squads in the sector controled by Wraith and the ion cannon and it's accompanying ak-ak turrets made it unfeasable to bring down more regulars at this juncture.

"Raz if I wait any longer that company of troops out there bearing down on us is just going to swat us like bugs.  We've already recieved intel reports on an artillary brigade protected by an entire division of mechanized infantry on it's way to pummle us into oblivion."  Kuroishi said as he changed blasters.

"You can't possibly get there by yourself and if I send anyone with you we won't control the docking bay and brining down reinforcements will be equally dead in it's tracks.  As bad as the situation is we have little choice to stay put until the other squads form up and give us and each other some support."  Raziel replied.

Kuroishi knew Raziel was right.  Without his VMCA and heavy sniper rifle there was no way Kuroishi could make it.

Things wouldn't be looking so bleak for the platton if they would just set themselves up to do what they did best.  Each squad applying it's strengths to cover for the weaknesses of the other squads and just rampage all over the enemy.  As it was the platoon was far too spread out to support itself.  There was a sizable presance of regulars that managed to sneak down while Wraith had temporarilly disabled the ak-ak firing controls that were routed through the military hq of the docking bay.  Now the rebels had rerouted the controls to an area they held.

"IH was supposed to be here by now to help us out.  If we don't get a move on this quick strike will turn into a slaughterfest of Wildcard platoon instead.  There has been no word from any of the other squads on thier conditions or positions.  Blast it all."  Kuroishi muttered as he came up with one last desperate solution.

Kuroishi started sifting though the mess that used to be an orderly and neat shuttle repair bay before rebel artillary had knocked everything out of place.

He found what he was looking for.  An old shuttle computer core.

Running it over with a few diagnostic tools and he found the particular part he was interested in was still functioning.  The IFF transmitter.

Next Kuroishi grabed a repulsor lift belt and put it on.  Followed by a sack filled with 20 kilos of C-8.

"Raz I got an idea and it only takes one person."  Kuroishi said as he returned to the makeshift bulwarks were Raz was positioned.

"Spit it out while we got a few minutes of calm."  Raziel replied.

"I'm going to put this old IFF transmitter from a shuttle that was in this bay for repairs before we landed and put it in one of our shuttles that's here on the ground.  After that I'll fly it over the ion cannon and it's surrounding ak-ak turrets and since they'll be caught off guard by the friendly IFF signal that'll give me enough time to 'download' right in the middle of them and cause severe and irreprable damage to the complex."  Kuroishi said holding the computer next to his chest.

"I'll probably regret this later but go for it. we need something to break this stalemate."  Raziel replied.

Kuroishi scrambled down to the shuttle that had been kind enough to bring down the two squads of regulars and set to work replacing the IFF transmiter with the one he scavanged.

The shuttle had been made flyable again by the pilot but the pilot was not needed in Kuroishi's plan since while he was not a very good pilot he could fly well enough to do what he needed.

The work proceeded quickly with the pilot's help and Kuroishi was sure he couldn't have done it without him.

"If you ever change your mind my otherself is always looking for pilots of your caliber."  Kuroishi tried and failed recruiting method held true.

Kuroishi didn't even strap himself in knowing this would either work or he'd be worse off surviving the crash.  Having as many warcrimes to your record as Kuroishi does makes it VERY unadvisable to be captured.

"To the few who dare.  Those who succeed.  What in god's name am I doing this sober for?"  Kuroishi muttered as he took off out of the hanger.

Some ground fire from blasters scorched the paint as the rebel infantry knew better than to check the IFF of a shuttle coming out of an imperial held hanger.

Kuroishi saw his intendid target.  The primary power supply plant for the ak-ak and ion cannon batteries that had caused them so much grief in getting forces down and back up.  While the rebels could reroute to secondary power sources that would take at least an hour and a lot of regulars could come down in that hour and then the platoon could show off it's true strengths.

Bringing the shuttle over the target was easy enough until the turrets started tracking the shuttle.  Kuroishi set the autopilot for 50 meters off the deck and opened the rear hatch.  Moving into position Kuroishi prepared himself.

"Forget Geromino.  Banzai!"  Kuroishi said as he jumped and activated the belt at maximum power.

The shuttle exploded in a hail of fire and schrapnel as the turrets blasted it to pieces.

Kuroishi hit the ground hard about six meters closer to his target then he planned and knew the pain in his legs meant he wasn't going anywhere for a bit.

Kuroishi saw where he wanted to place the explosives and just hurled the satchel right on target.

Kuroishi began to drag himself behind an unmanned turret then pulled out the remote detonator and pushed the button.

In a flash the lights in the area flickered before they completely began going out.

Kuroishi sighed as all he could do now was sit and wait fto either be rescued or captured.  Judging from his predicament he was more likely to be captured.

He might only have sprains in his legs and feet but he wasn't going to running out of here for a few moments.

[OOC:  There beat everyone else to it.  Bwhahahahahaha.  Someone else's turn to be bailed out though.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
September 12, 2003 4:13:05 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Raziel watched as the shuttle that Kuroishi had been flying in very rapidly turned to debris.
    "Well i do hope we don't get surrounded now!" Said the commader of the regular troops who had landed.
    "Relax he should get his mission done," Raziel said. Although that explosion had been midly unnerving to say the least.
    "Well thank god we have that ammunition," the commander said before heading off to his troops who were trying to secure the building. The Rebel forces had backed off for now, but they would probably be back.

The Republic commanders sat around a wide circular table. The table had a fake wood finish and each of the senior officers had a small screen infront of them for up to date reports. After the initial strike had smashed their command HQ they had quickly set up in their second efficient base.
    "So apart from those troops they landed things are going quite well. Our men have re-taken the port as we guessed and we can now cut off the Imperial troops."
    "They did however manage to land a shuttle of men," another officer replied.
    "Bah, a lucky landing. It was a miracle that they did not crash. We've activatal the older sensors so now they have no chance of landing any more troops!"
    "Good if we can quickly finish off the remaining imperial elites we can assure the corporations that we can protect them and let them go about their business without the remnant causing trouble!" the general smiled widely and then started to stand.
    "Sir?!" a junior officer shouted, looking down at his screen.
    "Yes?"
    "You'd better see this," the junior pressed a button and a scene of devestation appeared.
    "Thats not?"
    "Our ion cannons!" Then a sergeant appeared on the screen.
    "Some crazy fool flew right over us and dropped a bomb on the power supply. It could be hours before we're operational again. We have the man who did this, shall i have him shot? I believe he's some sort of storm commandos. I was not informed we had some on the island!"
    "No, don't shoot him. If they start landing an army and we have to surrender we might need some bargaining chips. I will find out who was responsible for not informing you of their abilities and have them stripped of rank." The general replied before cutting out the comunication himself. He sat back in his chair and sighed.
    "Right. We send every available man at that docking bay. If we can take it back we can stop them landing troops. If they get enough men down to even the score we're finished. Pull all troops from defensive postions and launch them in waves at the docks!"

(OOC: we're going to have a lot of troops heading at Wraiths...)

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 12, 2003 6:11:28 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC so if I have this right then a bunch of troops and a few mechanized infantry are on there way to annilate the Wraiths. If thats right then here goes. OOC)

As IH group burst from the forest the first thing they noticed was that the docking bay was surrounded bye troops. The next thing they noticed was that they were all facing away from them. Otto Vox turned on his com unit and switched to the securest frequency he had, "Otto Vox here. Are you still alive in there Wraiths."

Raziel's voice broke over the speaker, "Boy am I glad to here a friendly voice. Where the hell have you been?"

"Oh we just decided to take a nice break. Actually the long range communication have benn out until recently. I don't know why its back, but it may have something to do with that crazy move your guy just pulled."

"Yeah, are you anywhere near him?" Raziel's said.

"Nope sorry."

"That's fine. Where are you though and how many do you have with you?"

"I have most of my squad with me, and I sent off Kairo to take out that ion cannon while the power is out. We happen to be to your south. Behind the troops and in the trees." Otto responded.

"We can't tell how many there are from in here without getting shot. Do have any idea?" Raziel said.

"I would probobly sayile turrets and about 150 infantry, a few mobile turrets, and maybe 5 salvaged walkers. Do you think the other squads are anywhere close?" Otto asked as he skimmed the area for any troops that were close by.

"I just got a report the the Raiders are on he other side of us, but that they're out of ammo." he said as he double checked that the frequency was secure.

"Darn. I quess the only way to do this is to sneak in and take a few of those walkers. While the Raiders try to find some ammo. If all goes well we can lauch a surprise attack from within and from two sides. That should confuse them enough to give us an edge. Then we can land some troops and take them out." Otto Vox said as he double checke his thought work.

"That might work, but I just gpt word that somehow the ion-cannon is still able to fire." Raziel replied with frustration.

"If Kairo does his job right then that won't be a proboblem. All we have to pray for is that no more troops come and that they don't decide to attack before he's done." Otto said as he hoped that Kairo would hurry up and take out the cannon.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

At that exact moment Kairo was just wondering how the rest of the squad was doing. Double checking to make sure the suplies Otto Vox gave him were ready to be used. "Lets see here. I have a sniper rifle, a blaster with some extra ammo, one of Shocktechs extra Sith Swords, a flah grenade, some heavy explosives, and some infrared goggles Dp had with him. Where do the get all this stuff?" Kairo said.

Looking ahead he saw the ion cannon coming up. Slowing down he dropped to the ground and pulled out his sniper gun.

Zooming in he saw why it was still opporational even after the power wnet out. "Damn they have a backup generator. Sneaky Rebels. I will just have to fix that." Taking a closer look he saw only a few gaurds patroling the perimeter. He decided to wtach a little longer to see idf there were any gaps in there movement.

Sure enough there was just a long enough break for him to sneak in and get through the door. "It's going to be close." Kairo thought to himself.

Slowly he started to crawl forward. As soon as he saw the third gaurd round the corner he sprinted for the door. As soon as he got to it he remembered that he didn't have a slicer. "Oh man. Now what." Looking around he saw an air vent above his head and to his right.

Sliding it open he crawled in and closed it. Just in time the next gaurd had just rounded the corner. "Stoopid Rebels." Kario laughed under his breath.

Pulling himself through the air ducks he decided totake a left. He lucked out found the control center. "Nice that this place isn't to big." Peering through the slits of the filter he decerned that there were only two gaurds. Thinking fast he pulled out the flash bomb and through it through the grating.

Flipping through he fired three swift shots. Two into the gaurds the other into the alarm system. Pulling his gun towards the chief tech he said, "Line up against the wall pronto."

They emediatly fallowed orders and he tied them up. Setting the explosives for 5 minutes. he pushed them through the dour. Fallowing his steps back out he hurried through the door. SLAM. Stars broke out he and fell into unconsciousness for the second time on this mission. The last thing he heard was a distant boom as the explosives reached zero and the place blew sky high.

(OOC Man that was long. Hope you read it all and it made sence. Kuorishi has a cell mate now. Maybe we can escape together. Just a thought. Hope you take up the offer. It might be nice to be on a dual mission for once. OOC)

-----------------------
Iron Horse rules.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited September 12, 2003 6:12:59 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
September 14, 2003 9:34:40 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(OOC: dont get your hopes up we want to wrap this one up) lol

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 14, 2003 2:34:39 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC You'll have to break us out because we are the only other ones posting besides the higher ups. OOC)

-----------------------
Iron Horse rules.
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
September 14, 2003 5:36:21 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: Here i come to save the day!!!! i thought my little hiadus would make some of my squaddies post, but i guess i need to carry us through to the end...anyone for some last minute JK or jO? /OOC:

Angel increased the speed on their T-16 hoping that under the guise of being rebels, they incoming infantry and mech soliders wouldn't pay them any notice. They zipped past the side of the docking bays, trying to find a back way in to relieve the cut of wraiths.

A they rounded the corner of the building, they saw a shuttle take off from the bay. angel slowed the speeder as it the shutt;e exploded in a brilliant fireball.

"Look," TJ said, "Kuroishi is falling from the shuttle"

"umm...should i even ask why you know its him?" Angel said

"No, you shouldn't, i've known him long enough to recognize him." TJ replied, "Angel you drop JR and me off at the bay with a most of this stuff, then go pick up Kuroishi, i'm sure the rebels will be on him shortly."

"yessir" angel said, pulling the T-16 up to the bay entrance.

TJ and Jr quickly unloaded the heavy weaponry and supplies, leaving angel with a heavy repeater and X-1 and a disruptor rifle. "good luck you two, I'll see ya in a few" Angel shouted as he sped off toward what remained of the rebel power generators.

Angel turned his comm over to standard imperial frequency. damn this jamming he thought We need to get in touch with the Dominion he then switched over to IH frequency. The static was replaced by otto's voice.

"...sent off Kairo to take out that ion cannon while the power is out. We happen to be to your south. Behind the troops and in the trees." Otto responded.

Angel shut off the comm so he wouldnt interrupt otto's transmission. he was about a click away from kuroishi's position, when he picked up a squad of rebels only about 50 meters away from kuroishi.

He throttled down and decided it would be a better idea to ambush the squad than to charge in guns blazing, which would end up with both men, kuroishi and himself, getting killed.

Angel got to within 500 meters of the turret kuroishi was behind, then pulled out his macrobinoculars.

He saw kuroishi being hauled to his very large feet by about 4 or 5 men, while another 6 had their blasters trained on him. kuroishi seemed to have sustained leg injuries during his fall, and couldn;t walk under his own power.

Angel spied who seemed to be the squad leader by his insignia, speaking into a comlink. his lip reading skills were gone, but he knew what the rebel was doing...reporting that they captured an imperial storm commando.

Angel waited until the rebel closed the link to his superiors. then he put away the macrobinoculars, and pulled out his disruptor rifle. the rebel squad reformed, and the rebel leader pumped a stun bolt into kuroishi's chest. Kuroishi went limp, and angel hoped that he was faking it.

The men lifting kuroishi went in the middle of the formation, with the leader in front, 2 front guards, 2 middle guards, and 2 rear guards. the formation looked like:

x
        0    0              x=leader
                              0=rebel
        0 K 0              k=kuroishi+4 men lifting

0    0

Angel decided to pick on the rear guys first. he leapt into the speeder and closed the distance to the squad to about 200 meters. then he sighted in the trooper on the left, charged the rifle to max power, and watched as the rear guards head disappeared. the 2nd rear guard turned and looked at his vanished friend, just in time to lose his own head.

the bolt from the 2nd trooper passed through him and buried itself in the back of the middle right guard, burning a nice whole through his chest. this alerted teh rest of the squad.

They immediately dropped kuroishi, a big mistake, because the big guy was only faking being stunned. With the rebels attentions drawn away from him, he struggled to his feet, grimacing through the pain in his legs.

"Next time use more than one bolt." he said, grabbing the squad leader by the neck and lifting him clean off the ground.

the 4 men that had been lifting him turned around and leveled their blasters at him. Kuroishi swing the leader around, using him as a shield, knocking the 4 men off their feet.

Meanwhile, angel took out the middle left and front right guards. He saw kuroishi had 4 of the last 5 occupied, but the last guard dove for cover. Angel leapt back into the t-16 and zoomed towards the remains of the squad. he killed the throttle and dove out of the t-16, repeated blazing. His first shots took out one of the four kuroishi had subdued, but his other blasts were off balance and missed.

that left 4 rebels, 1 hidden 3 being thrashed by kursoishi's huan club. angel pulled out his stolen sith sword, and proceeded to relieve 2 of the 3 rebels of their respective heads. the last 2 turned towards angel and opened fire, only to be knocked on their butts by a flying rebel, as kuroishi heaved the squad leader at them. One bolt hit angel in the shoulder, burning clean through, but angel bit down and ignored the pain.  He threw his sword end over end and watched it bury itself in one mans chest, then watched as kuroishi effortlessly snapped the others neck.

the rebel squad leader backed away as he saw his squad demolished by 2 elite commandos. His panicking hands pulled out his comlink, which he was trying to speak through, but angel cut that short with a repeated blast that took the mans hand off.

"So, my good sir" Kuroishi started, limpinng towards the rebel "We are gonna let you live on one condition... You run back to your commanders and tell them, surrender now, unconditionally, or be wiped off the face of the planet. End this communication jamming, and surrender to the star destroyer in orbit around the planet. those are the terms, now get out of here."

The rebel scurried off, and kuroishi laughed to himself.

"glad to see ya angel, now lets get back to my squad, they're in deep poo-doo."

Angel helped kuroishi limp back to the t-16 and then he fired it up and they made their way back to the wraiths.

-----------------------
--(' . ')--  --('.'-)  --( . )--  (--'.')--  (^' . '^) --(^-^)--
Lance Corporal Fallen Angel: CRAZY RAIDERS
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)
CRAZYTRP/LCPL Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"When an 800lb gorilla has ya by the tits...ya listen" - Robin Williams
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, even the very wise cannot see all ends"- Gandalf
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited September 14, 2003 5:37:04 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

September 14, 2003 8:30:40 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Sometimes the cruelest methods were devised by the most sound-minded of people.  Fury was eating his first actual hot meal in days when Major Timms had come in to break his quiet reflection with chit-chat on the day's events. 

This was actually alright though as he was currently beating himself up for losing a trooper and having two severely wounded men on his conscience.  Three if you counted the pilot.  All in all, other than a couple of things that should have been done a lot better; not a truly crashing failure.

It was musing about all this with Timms that the idea had come up.  Basically they were discussing the whole new outlook of the Empire.

"I mean, seriously Timms.  Its not like we have some Dark Side Master lording over us controlling our thoughts and forcing us to eradicate species on a whim.  Palpatine's gone and most of those who served under him are either dead, implicated in some scandal, or retired.  All we are trying to do now is maintain some order.  Yeah, its only been a few years but its not like I've gone and shot up any  children since putting on this uniform.  So what's the big deal?"

Timms sighed. "You've got to remember this goes back lifetimes.  The Clone Wars were just nasty, especially further out from the Core.  Each side was just brutal to anything standing against them.  Its not just Palpatine and the Empire.  Its the white armor.  The Victors.  The Conquering Horde.  Even for unemotional clones, there were failures in discipline: rapes, genocide, looting, just random murder."

"I guess," Fury conceded.  "But siding with the Rebellion didn't put anyone on the side of the angels...not unless you were of non-human stock.  Then at least I would concede your point for lack of any better choices."

Timms nodded and was quiet for a moment.  "Maybe we can use this.  We've got islands full of refugees that, frankly, I don't really want to feed any more. I think we can use this to our advantage."

"Ah hell Timms, I'm not going to let you use the civilians for target practice no matter how bored you are."

"No sir.  That's not what I mean at all.  Let's see, how much territory have we cleared from the jamming?  Call it half the still-contested area.  You get your guys to concentrate on taking care of that.  I'll help you out any way I can.  Until that happens, you and I can take an airskimmer out to one of the islands and start on my plan."  After detailing it out and hashing over some of the minute points, each gave out some orders and then boarded a captured airspeeders accompanied by a couple squads of army troops and a communications team.

-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 15, 2003 11:01:23 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC So I am going to say that this is before Fury's post. That way I am with the group when he was giving out those orders. OOC)

Thump. "Oh man not another fuslage blow out" came a voice from outside. "Well what do expect when we're so under paid," came another voice.
  "Where am I." Kairo said as consciousness came upon him in a rush of pain. "Ow. Dangit. Stupid Rebels." Pulling himself up onto his hips and relaxing his back against the wall, he started to come to the realisation of where he was. Coming abruptly to his feet he decided not to do that again as dizziness settled in, which made him fall back down to the bottom of the hover transport.

Feeling the car suddenly start excellerate, He grabbed for something to stop his momentum. Falling to the back of the car he took in his surroundings. Nothing but a 2 meter by 3 meter by 3 meter room. Fealing to see if he had any weapons left, kairo found out he didn't have any armour on. "Oh great. Well maybe they didn't look inside my pockets on my normal clothes." Kairo said as he started to rummage through his pockets. "Hope nothing on the outside ones, but maybe on the inside ones." Pulling out a small vibro-blade, Kairo thnked the Rebeling for being so careless.

Judging from the size of the container he was in Kairo decided that there were probobly only two drivers and one gaurd. Picking a side of the container he started cutting a small hole, while praying that the ship wasn't to high up. suddenly the piece of steel fell inward and air flew in.

Not even waiting to see if the ground was to far below for a safe jump he pushed himself out. "maybe this wasn't a good idea." Kairo said as he plunged for the ground. Luckly it was only about a 5 meter drop. As he hit the ground he took the impact and rooled forward into a crouching position.

Servying the area around him he pulled out his cunceled ear peice and sent out a distress call to be picked up. All he could do now was pray he wasn't to far away for some help.

(OOC I had to think of something to get me out of that situation. Thats all I could think up. OOC)

-----------------------
Iron Horse rules.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

September 15, 2003 11:22:24 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Timms had scheduled the landing to coincide with the daily food drop.  At least the locals would be more friendly-inclined than usual.  Once the two squads had formed a perimeter, the comm team set up shop.

Timms and a psyops geek from some Mid-Rim consortium world had passed Fury a script, which he severely shredded with the edit function on his datapad.  Eventually, they led him to a lit up area with a camera and a couple comm techs.

"Citizens of Fresia.  I am Lieutenant General Dar'Namell of the Stormtrooper Corps.  As you may have noticed, we have come to your planet to achieve some goals that would assist in keeping our territory secure.  We can debate the benefits and hazards of that all day and never get each side to agree.

"That is not why I am here.  I am here to try to bring an end to the conflict.  We have done our level best to keep you, the civilians, out of harm's way.  While I do not expect you to appreciate that or thank our forces for it: I do expect you to consider the alternative and realize the benefit of our pre-planning.  In return for this, I am going to turn this briefing over to Major Timms who will ask your assistance in helping us stop the conflict.  With our goals achieved, all we wish to do is establish a cease-fire and give this planet back to you."

Fury stepped back and let Timms take over.  Extra food and some extra supplies were offered for one small item.  A broadcast by the children asking their fathers to stop fighting and let them come home.  In return, the VE would ship a couple thousand prefabricated structures to the surface to assist in the rebuilding effort, as well as many municipal plumbing and wiring components. 

It would put a stop to the war, but seeing the first few children being led to the broadcast tent, and then the trickle lead to a steady line, made Fury wish he'd just shot a couple dozen random people instead.  This was pretty despicable in its own right.  But anything short of destroying the planet was worth getting his troops off this rock.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

September 16, 2003 11:06:01 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Thanks for the save FA.  Interesting move Fury.  Time for those of us who do post once in a while to post again.  /OOC]

Kuroishi removed his helmet and waited for Fallen Angel to land the T-16.

Thanks to the power outage and the removal of other key facilities by Kairo VE forces were now free to come down as they needed.  Or for that matter go back up.

Kuroishi ran his hand through his sweat soaked hair and made a mental note to go see the barber as his hair was starting to grow longer then regulations allowed.

Fallen Angel brought the craft to a halt at the medical facilities landing pad and turned around and it finally sank in.

Fallen Angel got a good look at just how old the man who had just pulled one of the most insane stunts he'd ever heard of and lived to tell about it.

Medics came forth bearing a streatcher and placed Kuroishi on it.

In the med tent Raz was waiting for him.

"Thanks to you, Kairo, and Fury we've got a temporary respite.  Remind me not to let you do this whole 'download' thing again."  Raziel replied.

"Downloading is a valid tactic if you are insane enough, feel no pain, or are just plain big enough to survive it.  The enemy has so little time to react to the troops on the ground that are suddenly where they don't want them, assuming the transport makes it in of course.  See this.  I got this on Eridani."  Geist preached as he emerged from the shadows taping his artifical knee.

"Geist where have you been?"  Kuroishi said from his bed.

"You know me, just been floating about.  How is your otherself doing with Tina?"  Geist replied.

"That does it I need a vacation."  Raz added.

"You'll be ready to return to the field in a couple of hours Lance Corporal."  A medic said entering the tent.

[OOC:  Well now I think we can manage this situation.  /OOC]

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

September 16, 2003 11:48:57 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
angel stood and watched for a few minutes as shuttles ferried grunts to the ground. he watched squads rush in to hold off the mechanized infantry still approaching the docking bay. It after these few minutes, when he tried to get going again and get back into action, that all his piled up injuries and bumps and bruises and falls and blaster burns and torn ligaments all decided to complain at once.

angel tried to take one step, but fatigue, pain, and just plain old sleep deprivation made him fall flat on his face. he lay there, not moving, as darkness closed in around him. the events of the fresia campaign whirled through his mind. all the explosions and rescues, sabotage, espionage, scouting, sneaking, sniping, exploding, racing, flying, falling, fighting, shooting, throwing, slicing, dicing, cutting, slashing, blood, guts, and killing all hit him like the right hook of a heavyweight. His eyes rolled bakc into his head, and as he lsot consciousness, he heard someone, somone familiar though he couldnt place the voice, shout,

"MEDIC, WE NEED A MEDIC OVER HERE..."

"where am i" angel said. he got up and looked around him. he was back on coruscant. "How did i get here?"

"what the hell are you talking about, you live here" a familiar voice said. a voice that brought tears to his eyes.

"Jubei? but your..."Angel somehow manage to stammer.

"im what you little punk?' jubei teased, russling his kid brothers hair.

"dead"

"Do i look dead to you?" you;ve been watchin too many holovids lately, i should confiscate those before i leave for the academy.

Angel stared at him blankly. then turned away, facing straight into a mirror. he saw himself, only younger, 7 years younger. all of his scars were gone. a scruffy kid was all he saw staring back at him.

Suddenly it all made sense. "this is a dream" he said solemnly.

"yah shorty, i afraid it is." Jubei replied. "you have to wake up now, your jobs not done. weakling, i never would have passed out like that. all the death, pain, injuries, all of it, it just comes along with being a shocktrooper. Hell in raiders we see the most because were the infantry. you get used to it. its good that you are feeling some kind of emotion about the people you killed. Once you stop feeling, you stop thinking, and then all your good for is killing, and nothing else. now WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!"

Dead men dont dream... Angel thought to himself.  guess i must be alive, although i almost wish i werent

angel opened his eyes and found himself staring at 2 medtechs.

"welcome back Lance Corporal. you gave us quite a scare there." one said

"Yes, your heart actually stopped when you collapsed, we got to you just in time"

Angel thought back to his dream...maybe it wasnt a dream..maybe its like mom and dad always used to tell me, that when you die you go back to the happiest time in your life, andlive there forever. those last days before jubei left for the academy were the best days of his life.

the fact that he saw his brother, and was legally dead for the duration of his dream shook angel. he remembered his brothers words though...you get used to it...

OOC: lol i had to make one propehtic post /OOC:

-----------------------
--(' . ')--  --('.'-)  --( . )--  (--'.')--  (^' . '^) --(^-^)--
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

"When an 800lb gorilla has ya by the tits...ya listen" - Robin Williams
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, even the very wise cannot see all ends"- Gandalf
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
September 20, 2003 2:03:07 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:as far as i can figure the RAIDERS with Rizz are still pulling back from the stand with the rebels, so thats wher im posting.

*THUMP* Snipes hit the ground and rolled; grabbed his pack of armor and took off for his bike. he was only carrying one rifle now, and had left most the scopes in the tree. he jumped onto his bike, revved it up. then he tried everything down securely and hit the throttle as hard as he could. he could've laughed, it was getting more fun every mission. he zoomed over the brush and between the trees in a very good mood, wich was to say his face almost had a smile. he looked at his RADAR sporadicaly to make sure he was going the right direction. it was about 10 minutes before he came apon the RAIDERS in a clearing. he stopped the bike and dismounted.

"good, you decided to arive. now get over here!"Rizzits commanded

"right"Snipes replyed fallowing Rizzit into teh APC.

He looked over and saw they had unloaded the extra Bikes and the back door was down. They walked in and Snipes say Mara and Jyse messing with some equipment, wich hooked upto a holoprogektor.

"take a seat"Rizzit said

Snipes sat down and a moment later Mara and Jyse did the same.

"it apears the regulars have landed so we are going to harrass this buncha Republic scum all the way back. the rebels do have a small line of troopes between us and the regulars, but we should be able to run them over. It seems this mission is drawing to a close. Anyway we're leaving the bikes sence we dont have a use for them, ther being only five of us."

at that moment Jed walked in and sat down.

"nothing"he said to Rizzit.

"good."he replyed"now anyway, Snipes i want you to man the turrent, im gonna pilot, Mara, i want you to try to establish communication with the regulars, jyse, help Mara. Jed. . .er . . .just pray or something."

They laughed and moved to their stations, jed starpped himself into a seat and Snipes stood on the 'pedistal' and powered up the gun, Snipes saw Mara and Jyse return the the Holoprogector. after a few more minutes they wher moving. Fast.

OOCsry i didnt finish i have ta go/OOC

-----------------------
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
TRP/CPRL Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Ther'e some delight in ale and wine,
and some in girls with ankle fine,
but my delight, yes always mine,
is to dance with Jak o' the Shadows"
-the dance with Jak o' the Shadows(or Death if you prefer)
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

September 20, 2003 11:52:10 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
ooc: the docking bay is in a city right?

Angel picked up his X-1 concussion rifle, and commandeered a regulars backpack. He threw in some rounds, shouldered the backpack, and made his way out of the docking bay. the docking bay was at the top of a small incline, and Angel could see the battles raging in the streets below.

jogging down the hill, he could see the lines of imperial regulars advancing. He ran up to PFC leading barking out orders to a sqaud of regs.

"Status report private." Angel demanded.

the tooper seemed shaken by angel's appearance. "All fronts are advacning, the mechanized infatnry is giving us a little trouble though." The private replied

"OK keep up the good work, I'll go help with the mechs."

"the majority of them are 4 blocks east and a little ahead of us. good luck sir" the private nodded, then got back to chewing out his obviously VERY green squad.

Angel jogged eastward at a relatively leisurely pace. We've got lots of regs down by know, no sense in rushing into an ambush or anything. he thought to himself,

when he arrived at the line, he saw imperial troops scattered around the street, taking cover behind dumpsters, opened doors, duarcrete walls, anything and everything that could protect them.

suddenly a call came over his comlink.  He saw most of the regulars that werent returning fire with the mech. infantry pull out their comlinks as well.

"All imperial troops, this is lieutenant General Fury, hold fire and take up defensive positions."

angel realized suddenly that the rebel troops had stopped firing.

"Turn all comlinks over to the following frequency and listen up. This battle is just about over. standard rules of engagement are now back in full effect. do NOT fire unless  fired upon. change frequecnies now.....Fury out"

Angel switched his comlink over to the new frequency.

"papa, this is benjamin, please daddy, stop fighting, come home."

angel shut off his comlink and understood what fury had been up to all this time. They hadn't had any contact with him until his last transmission since his dropship went down and they lost contact. Using the transmission as a distraction, angel crept up the street, getting closer to the rebel troops, manyof whom appeared shaken, because they were recieving the same transmission.

A few broke rank and fled the battle, in fact manny just laid down their weapons and left, angel swictched back to imperial frequencies.

"Rizz, this is angel, how goes the battle?"

"looks like Fury's doing a better job at his job, then we are at ours. He's not prefect for nothin." came the reply.

"Roger that, fighting has mostly ceased in the city by the docking bay, most of our regulars are down, but they may get a few turrets online soon. Wraiths, TJ, JR and i are holding down the fort"

"once this transmission ends, there may be seom PO'd rebels, so be ready for anything, and keep your bruised battered and broken behind in one piece."

"understood, angel out."

Angel ducked behind a large dumpeter and peered around the edge, some rebels still remained, mixed looks of horror, fear, anger and rage on their faces. Angel picked his first target with is X-1, then waited to see what happened next...

-----------------------
--(' . ')--  --('.'-)  --(    )--  (--'.')--  (^' . '^) --(^-^)--
"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of God." - Ill Duce
"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti."
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 21, 2003 7:14:47 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Rember you trigger hapy idiot, dont fire unless fired upon!" Rizzit yelled at Snipes from the cokpit.
Snipes only smiled and continued to look around, he was back in his armor now and feeling like a sitting duck, in the middle of the forest in white armor and moving! Snipes saw a rebel step out of the brush infront of the APC and hold a hand out for them to stop. Rizzit kept going. The man yelled stop several times. They went faster if possible. Finaly the man jumped outa the way and screamed. that was the third idiot to try to stop the RAIDERS sence the Rules of Engagement wher reinstalled. after seeing the APC keep coming the last two had just jummped outa the way, the first one had been stupid and not moved. He was a hood orinament..
Mara and Jyse had come in contact with Fury and  gotten orders from him, they wher to flank the incoming party of rebels that they had origanly tried to stand against. they whernt to shoot anyone unless the Rebels shot first, then they wher to hit and run, then hit from somewher else. between the five of them they had established several strategies to sink into the rebels with; They had also had the foresight to make two back up plans for each plan.
"we're ther"Rizzit said letting up on the throttle."be ready, we're going with plan 'Rizzit Alpha'"
that was a good one. Mara and jyse would move south of the APC about 20 yards, Snipes and jed would take 20 yards north. And Rizzit would gaurd the APC and coordinate from the RADAR in it. wher he commanded Snipes and jed would hit, then pull back to the APC, then Mara and jyse would hit and pull back to the APC. when at the APC they would speed off and try to get behind them. Then decide what to do on their way ther

OOC:i wanted to post more than this but i had to go again/OOC

-----------------------
"Alea Iacta Est"-Julius Ceaser
To call Death evil is to underrate him, he is neither good nor Evil
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 23, 2003 11:11:27 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC not to clog this up but, I got lost. I just got power back today and I was wondering what has been happening in the story? Just tell me what you think IH is doing and what they should be doing. OOC)

-----------------------
Iron Horse rules.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

September 27, 2003 9:52:04 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
The battle was slowly being moved back toward the denser sections of the city.  There were rebels who were furious at the trick that Fury pulled but the great majority actually seemed to be holding to the cease fire.

Kuroishi studied a holoprojection of the current situation.  Before the cease fire the artillary the rebels had brought in was doing significant damage to the VE's lines.  Now it seemed they were trying to decide which was the better option in the goverment.

Kuroishi focused on Raider's position then looked to IH's last reported position.  IH had been out of contact for sometime.

Wraith was given a break from defending the docking bay by regulars.

Kuroishi started plotting how to get rid of that artillary battallion.  The troublesome part was the division of mechanized infantry that was slated to protect them.

Kuroishi knew how to knock out the guns but he wasn't sure how to break through the lines and keep Wraith's flanks protected.

Of course there was 'downloading' but he had already proven once how dangerous that can be this mission.  A better option had to be found if he was going to tip the scales enough to make the goverment surrender.

Kuroishi tapped a few buttons and brought up what they knew about the equipment the rebels were using.  Specificly what APC they were using.

A smile crossed Kuroishi's face.  He had a wallop of a plan.  It was time for Wraith to lend a hand to Raiders.  All Kuroishi had to do was get Fury to ok the idea.

Kuroishi began typing his proposal into a datapad to submit to Fury:

Raiders squad shall procure as many uniforms and associated gear as possible from exclusivly mechanized infantry personel.

Utilizing thier stolen APC and uniforms Raiders will simply drive in as close as possible to the artillary, maintaining cover as long as possible.

The rest of Wild Card Platoon shall move in to cover the flanks of Raiders while they set charges and demolished the artillery.

[OOC:  Simple I know but I'd like to assume that without thier artillery support the rebels will fold under our suddenly superior position and thus this campaign will be over.  Unless anyone has any objections.  /OOC]

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

September 27, 2003 11:33:26 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
ooC: i can add a little angel twist to this plan /OOC:

Rizzits comlink beeped. "Rizzit, this is Fury, new plan. get what uniforms and rebel gear you can, then pile into your APC, and enter the enemy lines, they are using the same APC's as you are, so hopefully you will go unnoticed. take up a good strategic position for us, then if the battle resumes, open fire. this plan was kuroishis, so you owe him a bottle of whatever he wants back home. Fury out.'

'Ok raiders, its time to salvage what we can off these bodies, then get into the enemy lines. Lets end this damn thing."

Mara, Jyse, Jed, and Snipes all started stripping bodies and putting on uniforms. Just then rizzit's com beeped again.

"hey rizz, this is angel, i have a little twist to ur plan."

"you were listening angel? i thought you were in the city..."

"Ya well i just happened to be on Raider frequency. come pick me up 2 blocks east of the docking bay. go around and come from behind."

"i hope you have a good idea and this isnt a waste of time."

"sIr, i NEVER waste your time...well i could...but i left all my gungans at home. Meezah bee waitings fors uza outside of da city"

Angel cut the com at the end of his transmission. He could picture rizzits face, a mixture of shock, anger and rage. packing up his gear, angel crept back from the rebel lines, leaving a few well placed frag mines on the way.

once he was far enough away, he stripped a dead rebel and put on his uniform. Casual galnce would pass him off as a rebel , but any one concentrating would be suspiciouse because of the blaster hole in his back.

3 minutes later he met up with rizzit outside of the city.

"ok this plan requires a 2 parts magic, 1 part luck, and a whole bunch of timing. i say we turn this APC into a huge electromagnetic  bomb. There are enough sensors and electronic equipment in here,  and i have a a few ion grenades i picked up at the dokcing bay. We hot wire the systems to overload and create a electro magnetic field. The the ion grenades go off, and boom. Mechanized infantry down for the count."

Rizzits glare made angel take a step back. "Only you...would have the...the...guts, to make gungan noises around me...just you wait until we get back... but about your plan, lets do it. Jyse you and mara know the electronics better than use, set it up. I want to be moving within 5 mintues, fury's distraction is almost over."

-----------------------
--(' . ')-- --('.'-) --(    )-- (--'.')-- (^' . '^) --(^-^)--
"Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of God." - Ill Duce
"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti."
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 27, 2003 12:35:06 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes walked over to wher fallen was rigging up the Ion grenades; He took three grenades from his belt and handed them to Fallen Angel.

"some of my own brew"Snipes said with a smile;the grenades had once been simple ion grenades but while riding around in the APC he had managed to step up the power."And i can help you shape the charge, cuz Rizzit aint got me doin much right now and i'd rather do this than get a tongue lashing"Snipes said dryly.

"Thanks,"Fallen said"Jusst set them up, dont bother messing witht he wirering, we'll mess with that later"

Snipes shrugged uncommitedly and walked to the other side of the APC and began setting the charge up, first he took a small peice of scrap metal from the ground, ther was more than enough lying around, and welded the grenade onto that carefully, then welded the peice of metal to the APC and began making blast controlers to keep the blast from going into the APC itself and shutting them down and their weapons. after several minutes of setting that stuff up and he and Fallen began setting up the wireing witht the help of Mara and Jyse. Fallen knew what he was doing, Snipes was sure he had done it before the Vast Empire; the others had talked something about him having a brother, Snipes didnt kno nor care. Snipes had had a brother in the Vast Empire; Snipes never found out what happened all of a sudden he just wasnt ther.

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------
To call Death evil is to underrate him, he is neither good nor Evil
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 27, 2003 8:00:52 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
They finished what they wher doing and began packing up back into the APC.

"Snipes! Thers blood on your sleeve, do something about it"Rizzit yelled

"Well i wasnt expecting to wher his clothes when i cut his throat!"Snipes retorted"Besides, Fallens has a Blaster hole in its back"

"Fallen, here, i brought an extra for you anyway"Rizit said tossing Fallen a Uniform"Now do something about that blood, i dont want questions"

"Thanx Rizzit"Fallen said

Snipes sighed and took out one of his knifes and cut himself threw the shirt wher the blood was. The resaon behind ther being no blood on the coller was simply that the guy had been whering a long vest buttoned up all the way and the blood had all gotten on that.

"Here"Mara said tossing Snipes a bandage and some duct tape.

Snipes smiled and bowed his head in thanks. It was a long standing joke that Mara could fix ANYTHING with duct tape, including Snipes who was rumored to be her favorite victum. Snipes cleaned his knife then his wound and bandaged it up with soem butterfly bandaids from one of his pouches and the bandage that mara gave him.

"Alright this is the plan of action, i hear we have some mighty pissed rebels who, although they havent restarted the artillery barrage, they most likely will again, then we move in with our big ion grenade that had better work"Rizzit glared at Fallen for a second then gave Snipes a quik one to, Snipes thought it was probly for his blood sollution; it didnt matter the glare didnt bother either soldier"then we detonate it, now if we're discovered before we can deploy then high tail it back to the rest of the army, if the vehicle is compromized then we split up into groups, group one consists of Fallen and Snipes; group 2 is Mara and jyse, me and jed. Fallen and Snipes, you two will play hide and seek with the enemys leading them away fromt he front lines, when you can sneak off and meet us here"He pointed to a area on a data pad in his hand and a dot apeared ther."me and jed will try to make it to the randevous point by sneaking threw them as one of them. Mara and jyse will try to go around the rebels and reach the randevous point. But then plans always seem to change in the feild."

OOC:g2g was going to do more/OOC

-----------------------
I call Death to me and laugh in his face
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

September 27, 2003 10:46:32 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]  This definitely beats my idea of improvising a huge fuel-air bomb and making you guys shoot up any crispy objects that were still moving. Carry on. [/OOC]

-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

September 28, 2003 12:20:56 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  I feel ashamed.  I should have thought of that and I used to call myself a Fallen Angel.  I guess it's time to go back to being a one man squad.  I'll have other members of Wraith pop up and doing thier thing once I see some signs of life from them.  Until then.  /OOC]

Kuroishi never liked working alone with no one to cover him but with the rest of Wraith as spread out as it was to even make this breakthrough possible he had little choice in the matter.

Kuroishi still heard the orders from his breifing run through his mind.

'Wraiths our job this fine day is to hold the marked corridor open once the cease fire is broken.  If Raiders are successfull the rebels will be short thier heavy artillary and thus suddenly be very vulnerable and angry.  It is possible the Raiders will be able to utilize thier stolen disquises to get all the way back to our position.  If not we are to make sure this corridor is open or there isn't going to be a Raiders squad to get back to our lines.  I've been promised by Rizzit that the rest of the platoon is in position to come to our aide.  Normally we would be the ones doing what Raiders are doing right now but they were lucky enough to already have an intact APC and in a very advantagous position to pull thier mission off.  The walkers and tanks of Wildcard platoon will move into position just at the edge of the city while we hold the urban corridor.  Needless to say we're all going to feel the rebels last ditch attempt to try and prevent thier utter annihilation.  Do not under-estimate the rebels.  If Raiders are successfull the rebels will definitly be weakened but still have sufficient ground forces to make us have one heck of a bad day if we get sloppy.  Once the Raiders are behind our position we will withdraw in a hammer anvil manuver.  If we can keep the mechanized infantry from breaking our lines in thier counter attack this conflict is over.'  Kuroishi's mind raced.

Kuroishi set his last command detonated pack of explosives then set up shop behind a pile of rubble.  He figured he could hold where he was for a few hours on his own as long as no one got close enough to throw a grenade in his face.

A single click over the Wraith frequency alerted the squad that the operation was about to begin.

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

September 28, 2003 1:57:57 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Sergent Tencar ground his foot in the dirt. He hated the cease fire command and his detail to gaurd the New Republics artillery. Tencar had always been beligent, but after taking a squad leader possition he had had to cool himself. he looked around at his squad, a small squad, only six men; and they could match Stormtroopers in their sleep. He hated command for not letting them whipe the Empire off ther planet, wipe the scum from the universe.

"Sergent, thers a APC moving in on us, its one of ours but it isnt responding to hails, but they think the comm systems might be dammaged."A breathless PFC said as he ran up to Tencar. The newest member of the squad and still a better fighter than most stormtroopers.

"Alright ill be right down."Tencar replyed unholstering his E-11
A funny story the E-11s wher, ther had been an imperial garrison on the planet and they had simply used the arms from that and much of the equipment.

It was a short walk down to the lines from wher they could see the APC aproach, it apeared to bein alright condition, althrough only one of the comm antennas was still up. The APC continued to move up the hill untill it reached their lines. two troopers stopped it. A big amn stepped out and one of Tencars troopers led the man to Tencar.
The man was big, looming a head taller than Tencar with shoulder that looked like they could've pushed the APC up the hill. The man wore a smirk that managed to seem too confident, mocking and knowing all at the same time. Tencar didnt like the man.on closer inspection the man had a cut on his right arm and the smirk was far to confident for Tencars liking.

"Alright Fallen get ready to spring up onto that mounted gun if anything goes wrong, Snipes is a Idiot, but he dosent need to be a dead one."Rizzit was anxious inside, he knew quite well that Snipes was no idiot and that Snipes knew that all to well, but he was valueble for his skills with a rifle.
Rizzit tightened his grip on the throttle, the plan was to leave withour Snipes if they had to, Snipes would probly catch up anyway Snipes and Fallen had almost come to blows asto who was going, both wher just aswell suyited for the job, it was the hidden weapons all over Snipes that had won it for him.
Snipes and the leader wher talking about something. Snipes had better be quik. it ws turning into an arguement.

OOCg2g/OOC

-----------------------
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

September 29, 2003 11:10:02 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
angel began to get antsy. snipes was taking WAY too long to sort this out with the rebel leader.

"rizz, let me go out there," Angel said, "i know rebel policies well enough to get snipes out of this mess, plus the two of us have a better chance of escaping than one along, you never used to let Raiders go solo.'

"alright Angel, but you better not let us down." rizz replied.

Angel stepped out of the PFC, wearing a half smile and andjusting his uniform. He looked at snipes who threw him a questioning glance. angel winked in return. he stepped up next to snipes, bothmen looking down on SGT tancar.

"Sir, Sergeant Laveson reporting. As you well know, communications have been down because of the planetwide jamming. Due to this you were not alerted to our squads mobilization. We are the last special ops team remaining on the planet. we ran into imperial storm commandos on the way here. they knocked out our comunit, but we managed to kill most of them, and drove the rest off. I took this off one of the commandos.

Angel produced his uniform he shed when he donned the rebel garments. he threw them on the ground at Tancars feet.

"Very well, anyone good enough to take out those storm commandos needs to be at the heart of our counterstrike. those imperial dogs need to pay for that message from our children. what kind of animals would do such a thing?"

Angel could feel snipes tensing up, his muscles flexing and jaw grinding. he put his hand on snipes shoulder and laughed. "Yeah well, now we get to show that scum what the Republic is REALLY made of."

Angel threw tancar a salute, who promplty returned it, and angel guided snipes back to the APC. "We always work better in teams buddy, always teams, why do you think we have fire teams eh?"

"Yeah i guess your right angel, thanks for the save, that guy was a real headcase.'

They piled into the aPC, and guided it to its intended location.

Rizzits com light up. 'Rizzit this is Fury, we have confirmation that fighting has resumed, my plan worked partially, we estimate that rebels lost alomst 1/2 their forces. commence with your operation immediately"

Jed veered the APC directly for the mech infantry. Angel took out the ion grenade detonator. "detonation in 5...4...3...2...1..." the confused look of the rebels as one of their own APC barrelled through their ranks.

There was no sound but a muffled pop, as the grenades went off, then all that was heard was teh lone APC driving off, and the whine of mech infantry powering down, as their systems were fried...

-----------------------
ASL Lance Corporal Fallen Angel: CRAZY RAIDERS
CrZYASL/LCPL Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 1, 2003 2:45:10 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

October 1, 2003 3:25:10 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC: Ok im done waiting, im finishing this now /OOC:

the sheer shock of having a friendly APC disable almost all of the mechs sent the republic troops into a panic. Commanders barked orders, troopers scrambled trying to adjust their positions to compensate for the loss of their main force.

Suddenly a pair of ATPT's and an ESPO walker burst through the nearby treeline, lasers blazing away. Jed continued driving at his reckless speed weaving between buildings, taking corners on 2 wheels. finally the front lines were in sight.

The alley looked strangely familiar to Angel.

"Jed i think we should...." Angel was cut short as an explosion rocked the APC. The APC flipped on its side. a second explosion rolled it onto its top. All of the Raiders were strapped in, or so they thought. Screams came from under the APC. Rizzit realized with horror that he had put Jyse up in the gunners turret, and he was now being drug underneath the APC. His screams died out, as they APC slowed to a hault.

'Alrght everyone i want a status report. Everyone ok?"

"Im good too boss." jed said

Mara piped up from the back, "a little banged up but ok"

"i think i may have broken a rib, but im fine." snipes replied

Angel remained silent. he was staring at the lower half of jyse, still strapped into the turret.

"Angel report...Angel...ANGEL!!!" Rizzit yelled.

"its my fault" Angel whispered..."i laid those mines there...i tried to tell jed, but it was too late, and now jyse is dead because of me."

"angel its just bad luck, but were all gonna end up dead if we dont get out of here. now pull yourself together and lets move out." rizzit orderd.

Together they kicked open the back hatch of the APC. There was no fire raining down upon them, in fact, they heard only distant battle sounds.

"thats odd, this alley was filled with regulars when i left." angel commented solemnly. "I wonder whats going on"

Suddenly everyones comlink beeped.

"Attention All Vast Empire Troops, this is Lt. General Fury. Stand down i repeat stand down. Wildcard Platoon return to docking bay. this conflict is over, planetary government has unconditionally surrendered. Repeat all imperial troops stand down."

The entire squad breathed a sigh of relief. Rizzit spoke into the comlink. "Fury, this is Rizzit."

"Roger Rizzit, switch over to a secure channel"

The com clicked as Rizzit switched channels. "sir we have a man down, requesting recovery team, he's pinned under our APC and we could also use a ride back."

"Whose down.."

"its LCPL jyse toklar, he was in the turret when our apc flipped."

"ok say no more, we can go over all of this in the debrief. job well done gentlemen, job well done. i'll get that ride for ya, then get back to the docking bay and catch the irst shuttle up to the Dominion. debrief is at 0700 tomorrow."

"roger that, rizzit out."

OOC: Now anyone can post about what they did in this final scene up to fury's transmission...that is,,,if anyone still cares.../OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Fallen Angel: Executive Officer (XO): RAIDERS SQUAD
TRP/ASL/LCPL Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 1, 2003 3:26:28 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

October 1, 2003 5:42:08 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
  Snipes and Fallen sat in a catina waiting for the shuttle.  they had shed their Republic uniforms and wher now in standard VE uniforms of drab grey. Fallen slagged slightly agains the table with his head down. He wasnt drunk or even been drinking too much. he was just slightly depressed. He blamed himself for Jyses death, though Snipes wasnt sure how far it affected him.

"look man, it happens, as Rizzit said its just bad luck. Its the dice game we all play when we go into battle. He knew that."To prove his point Snipes removed a worn pair of dice from his pocket and rolled them on the table. they rolled 2 ones, a winning or osing hand depending on the game"look man rember our first mission together?"

"ya, that was mimban"Fallen sadi lifting his head

"I was the one that told Cos to stay ther, i gave him the command, albeit i regret it, but you cant lket it bother you man, my Da' used to say something like 'The soldiers life is dice with Death'."

"I kno, i kno, ill get over it, just order me some more of that stuff" Fallen said gesturing vaguely at his glass.

"dont waste the money"Snipes said taking a flask from his pocket"Drink this"

"thanks"Fallen said taking a large gulp, from wich he immerged gasping"WHAT IS THIS STUFF!"

Snipes let heimself Smile"Only the best Corrilian Whisky, from a freinds brewery next to my Da's vinyard"That caused uncomfortable thoughts and Snipes barely hid a grimace"Keep the flask"

"Whats this?"Fallen asked pointing at the engraving of two dice rolling and a spear in the background

"nothing important, just a reminder of luck"It was much more than that, but no need to tell more than he needed to about himself before he entered the VE.

Fallen arched an eyebrow at him, but when he saw Snipes didnt feel like saying more he sat up straighter and took another swig.

"Dont go too hard on that stuff, last time i got drunk rizzit made me run laps around the base, about sixty times"

"well i guess ill have to go easy on it then"Fallen said Smiling and taking another swig.

"GET YOUR WORTHLESS RABLE BEHINDS BACK IN THOSE CHAIRS AND BUY ME A DRINK!"A fimiliar voice yelled from the door, it was Rizzit, he looked grim, but was in an inexplicable good mood.

Snipes and Fallen sat back down, they had figured it was time to go and they wher being called to the docking bay. Rizzit just saggerd, the swagger SLs get after awhile, and sat down with Snipes and Fallen.

"Hows Jyse?" Snipes asked

The SL scowled" They dont think hes going to make it, quit frankly ther is less than a one percent chance he'll make it. Fallen, it wasnt your fault, just bad luck."

"I kno, i kno"Fallen said soberly. although he did take a generous swig from the flask.

"well, what about a game a sabacc whil;e we wait?"Rizzit said

"I'm willing to test my luck"Snipes said

"have i got anything left to lose"Fallen said

Rizzit smiled and pulled a deck from one of his pockets

OOC:any body feel free to post before mine, i just felt like getting one last post in/OOC

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 1, 2003 6:29:41 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
October 2, 2003 6:17:54 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Japer soon boarded the shuttle, Otto and the rest of IH were with him. Once onboard, they removed their helmets like the RAIDERS had done. Rizzit attempted to stand up, but was unable to due to the lack of energy in his legs.

"Sit down and rest my friend. We're all of equal status here. Besides' this isn't no official meeeting, its relax time." Japer said. "And look, I've even brought your ol' friend Otto to join me."

"Just like old times." Rizzit said with a smile."Well, would you guys care to join us in Sabaac?"

"Uh....I'm....n-not playing that with you any more!" Otto managed to say. "I lost too much each time we played."

Japer put his hand on Otto's shoulder. "Relax...I'm going to beat 'em all this time."

"Well, maybe I'll play then." Otto said unwillingly.

Rizzit stared at the two. "Well I can see your ready to win, but can you beat the best of the best?"

Otto and Japer sat down, while IH decided to play holochess. Kairo, who was never a chess player, decided to come join Sabaac. The game dragged on, no individual was winning more than the other. FA ran out of chips, and decided to put down a holo-chip. Otto had dealt that round, and won with 4 lords. Otto claimed the holo chip, and turned it on. Whoose mug should come up but Jubei (not Fallen Angel, although they were easily mistaken.)

*GASP*"What's this?!"Otto asked.

"Otto, that is a message to me from my bro while he was with ya." Fallen Angel said.

"Well, is it something private? Or can I view it?"

"No, go ahead."

Otto returned to the disk. Hey ya little punk, I'm getting real banged up in RAIDERS. We just came back from helping out the Storm Platoon, and now have our own mission to work on. Otto and I don't always get along, but he's an okay guy. He's strict but if you know how to handle him, he's okay. I think he will make a great SL one day. I hope that you can come join RAIDERS when you're old enough. I need to go though, the tape's running short. Say hi to everyone for me okay?Oh, and never mention a word of this to Otto should you meet him or you're dead!Jubei faded out and Otto returned the tape to Fallen Angel.

"Wow....never knew he felt like that." Otto said in shock.

"Ya, he was quite fond of you, and--"

Fallen Angel was interrupted by the sound of the captain.

"Attention all troopers, our shuttle will be departing momentarily. The other 2 squads are onboard shuttle two. We will be at the dominion shortly!"

The shuttle engines roared and the two shuttles lifted off the ground. They seemed to just hover there 200 feet above ground. After 10 seconds, with a burst of speed: they raced out of sight and mind. After about an hour (or so it seemed) the two shuttles arrived at the dominion. It was still early, and the debriefing was not for an hour at least. Fury had caught the SLs as they came off the shuttle. He informed them to come to the confrence room with their ASLs. Debriefing would begin shortly, the mission was over--almost! All that remained was to go through the debriefing, and things would continue as it always did.

OOC: I am hoping that one of you SLs/ASLs would care to continue the post from here. Get us debriefed so we can go back to running our squads. If nothing gets done by tomorrow I will do it. I am simply giving one of you a chance to get some activity in!

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Crazy Raiders Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited October 2, 2003 9:08:57 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

October 2, 2003 11:13:30 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
I would do a debriefing, but since this is my first writing compitition (Actually it is the first time I have done any writing in the VE) I don't know how to do a debriefing. So I will just read the one someone posts and learn from it. Darn. Whish I could get that extra point.

-----------------------
Iron Horse rules.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

October 2, 2003 11:38:55 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]  Just assess what went right, what went wrong, what we can do better on in the future. [/OOC]

Prior to planetary departure:

It was nice to have a helmet off for more than a moment and not have to worry about a shot to the temple.  It was also nice to be able to smoke a cigarra without looking for an assassination team, and a cup of coffeine that wasn't brewed over a small wad of explosive.

But creature comforts only meant that it was almost time to go.  And on that point, he waved an officer over to have a cup with him at the canteen.

"Good morning Timms," he offered as the other officer sat down.

"Good morning to you General.  I was going through the morning reports.  Thank you for the promotion."

"You earned that.  I have to go through and see who on my side of the fence needs some recognition.  Now, what do we know about our little cease-fire?"

Timms slid his datapad to the middle of the table.  "We got the rest of your Drill squad members back to relative health.  I'm afraid most of them won't ever make it back to a front line job.  Same with your guy Farragos-Tinn.  I swear those animals cut 10 kilos off of him.  He'll have nightmares for the rest of his days."

Fury merely nodded.  He had nightmares about it and was 20 meters away when it happened.  "What about this particular island?"

"We've got reclamation teams putting up the prefab buildings.  I assume we've got some real good reason for doing that?  Also, we've shipped most of the 'enemy' troops to be with their families until we leave.  That allows us to keep hunting those damn cannibals.  I don't believe anyone is going to thank us for doing the job, but they won't be easily integrated back into society.  Both our psychs and the NR docs agree on that.  It will be a lot easier to chalk it up as yet another 'Imperial atrocity' than to kill them themselves.  I can sleep just fine at night with that on my conscience.  As for you?"

Fury shrugged.  "This mission should have taken a month, not three.  Aside from that irregularity, we've managed to keep losses down to acceptable levels.  If nothing else, it shows me who is capable of doing the job.

"The downside is that a lot of my 'old reliables' found a need to step away from the war for awhile; maybe permanently.  Vaping combat troops on a pure battlefield is one thing.  Popping kids in the head who are running at you with a thermal detonator is another.  I understand their decision, but I don't have to like it.

"Basically, its time to go home and regroup for awhile.  How long do you need?"

Timms looked up from his datapad again.  "I think we'll be done in a few days.  Five tops if you really want those prefab buildings up.  That fall within your timetable?"

"Absolutely.  Kill the cannibals, clean up as much as you can and definitely get the new buildings up.  Those things are rigged with enough transmitters and spy equipment that we'll be getting feed from this planet for a long time.  Don't forget to set those receivers in all the sewage lines either.  Its one of the tricks we learned the hard way when we lost Lotaith."  Timms nodded.  He had stayed on to clear out enemy holdouts and their handiwork once the planet had been retaken by the Imperials.

"Well, that explains the buildings.  I thought you were getting soft in your old age."

"Hell, maybe I am.  We knocked these people's homes down.  We should at least make it easier for them to rebuild.  They'll still dislike us, but maybe not all of them will hate us for coming.  Anyways, see you back on the Dominion. And thanks."  With that, Fury stepped away from the table to check on his wounded troops before heading off this rotten planet.

-----------------------
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:49:24 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 126  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >