Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
  RE: Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)
August 1, 2003 9:03:15 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Just like the good old days... fighting against ten to one odds and still smashing heads.  /OOC]

"My kingdom for thirty minutes in one of the equipement lockers on the Sweetums."  Kuroishi muttered as he scavaged blaster clips from the charred remains.

"Don't worry once we get this area and the dockyard secured we'll be able to get a hold of more equipement."  Raz replied as he joined in the rummaging.

"What are you two bothering with that for?"  Rizzit asked puzzled.

"For every supply you take from your enemy removes the need for ten of your own."  Kuroishi recited one of the many dictums he learned in his past.

"Shall we get moving before more enemy troops show up."  Rizzit countered.

"Might as well.  Most of these clips are too mangled to be of use anyway."  Raz replied as he tossed down a ruined clip.

"You five think you can give me cover once we get to the motor pool?"  Kuroishi asked as he fell in with the others.

"Still want to steal something big don't you?"  Argon added with a knowing look on his face.

"Blaster clips can only be used with blasters.  Captured enemy tanks are far more usefull while they last."  Kuroishi answered with another dictum.

"Just our luck we get the sane one when we don't need him and the crazy one when we need the sane one."  Raz  muttered as the troopers began moving out.

"My otherself would be quoting these dictums as well.  At least I have a sense of humor."  Kuroishi defended himself.

"I wouldn't call placing mind effecting drugs in the salt shakers in the mess hall much of a joke."  Argon chided.

"It wasn't my fault that so many of them liked to put salt on thier food.  Besides it was a New Republic garrison mess hall anyway."  Kuroishi countered.

[OOC:  If I write much more at this point it will just keep getting wierder so I think I better stop until this sugar buzz I have has gone away.  /OOC]

-----------------------
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

Post Number:  874
Total Posts:  3342
August 1, 2003 11:41:35 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC:where are we going once we hit the motorpool and filch a tank...i'm assuming WRAITHS and RAIDERS will split up again...and when do we get to hear from our good buddies the DD and IH? /OOC

the 4 RAIDERS and 3 WRAITHS made their way out of the office area and back to the main hallway.

"Rizzit, the motorpools this way, we got a printout of the map of the base." Raziel said

'Hold on raz we need to re-unite our squads, you've got 5 cut off out there and weve got 4 out there." Rizzit replied as he opened the comlink to mara. "Mara, i need a statuts report now."

Static followed by cursing and blasterfire came back over the comlink. then mara's voice came "1 sec sir, kinda busy...TAKE THIS YOU REBEL SCUM *tons of blasterfire* !!!...ok sorry sir...squad came after our position...I've got good news and bad news...good news TJ and Jyse are with us...bad news, we cant get through to the wraiths. Theres 3 squads and 15 feet of duracrete between us...we could use some heavy firepower."

"Roger that Mara, i'll send Angel to come get you." Rizzit said, "ETA 3 mins" Rizzit closed the link, "Angel, can you do this alone? we don't know what will happen at the motorpool, but we're gonna need all of us. Get back to Mara blow through that duracrete and take out those Rebels. then get your asses back here as soon as possible....Oh, and try and stay in one piece this time ok?"

"Yessir," Angel saluted and ran off into the dark. He had memorized the route to the offices, and now backtracked his way to mara and the others.

When he got there he had to dive and roll to his left to avoid being mowed in hlaf by an e-web blaster manned by the rebels.

'Hey mara, how's it going." angel yelled above th noise, "looks like you could use some help," he said while thumbing a thermal det to life. He rolled to his feet, leapt, and threw it. It exploded on impact, thrashing the E-Web and the rebels manning it.

With the suppressing fire dead, Mara, Jyse, TJ, and JR were free to return fire. all 4 leapt from their cover and began mowing down the rebel troops. Tj waded through them with graceful, elegant strokes of his lightsaber. JR just simply balsted as he ran, making laser blasts look scarce as he put a single bolt  though each trooper. Jyse began picking off the distant ones at the end of the hallway, and mara just killed anything that moved. Angel used one ESPO grenade, taking out a group of Rebel forces.

"MARA!!! WHICH WALL DO I NEED TO BLAST THROUGH???" Angel yelled

"THE SOUTHERN WALL!!!' she yelled back, pointing towards the opposite wall. "WE"LL LAY DOWN SOME COVER FIRE!!!"

Angel dashed to the wall, producing one of his last 2 "care packages". Diving for the wall he placed one of the charges at the base, not bothering to load a detonator in it. As he hit the deck he rolled, then spring to his feet in one motion. He reversed his direction and dashed back towards the other RAIDERS

"You guys may want to take some cover, this is gonna be big." Angel flashed his evil grin as he pulled out both his ESPO and concussion rifle. he set the delay on the ESPO grenade to 5 seconds. HE shouldered the ESPO then pulled the trigger. The grenade embedded itself into the wall, just above the charge pack. THen he quickly shouldered the concussion rifle, and pulled the trigger. Ducking behind his cover, he saw the flash then heard an earth shaterring

*KKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Dust and duracrete chunks landed all over the place, as the wall that used to be in the way now lay in ruin. All the rebel troops had been crushed or obliterated in the blast. Angel peeked out from behind his cover, and saw 5 figure moving in the dust. He  took out his repeater and stood up.

"HALT!!! Identitfy yourselves." ANgel shouted

"Its Afyon, and the other wraiths angel," mara said, "now put that thing away..."

-----------------------
--(' . ')--  --('.'-)   --( . )--   (--'.')--  ^-(' . ')-^ --(^-^)--
Lance Corporal Fallen Angel: CRAZY RAIDERS squad
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)
CRAZYTRP/LCPL Fallen Angel/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"I've become so numb I can't feel you there. I've become so tired so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do, Is be more like me and be less like you"
- Linkin Park "numb"
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited August 4, 2003 2:40:37 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
August 2, 2003 3:37:43 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: i would assume Dark Dragoons and Iron horse would be securing the shipyard base i talked about and fortifying it. Their mission was to hold nearby bases...)

Raziel was suprised to see such a grim expression on Afyon's face, he looked around at the other wraiths and then realised why.
    "Toxic," he stated
    "We held them off at the front door with heavy weapons for as long as we could, but eventually there were two many of them. Toxic was last to clear the entrace and they gunned him down, fortunately the power cut back in then and the door slammed shut on them. They were almost through when the wall got blasted."
    "Ok are the rest of you ok?" Raziel asked.
    "Yeah, no-one else managed to take a blaster shot, god knows how," Yun replied.

"Alright let's get moving to the motor pool, we've got to break out of this place and take the docking bays asap!"

Resistance was relatively light on the way there, most of the squads had dispersed and fallen back. Unfortunately it seemed to be the motorpool, located on the far side of the base that they had fallen back to.
    Argon was working ahead of the squads relaying information back to Raziel over the comms. He leant out of the door way and looked out to the centre courtyard. The base was really a large square of buildings surrounding a large open area, probably a hundred metres by a hundred and fifty. Argon quickly ducked back into the offices, apparantly the guards had the same plan. The large door to the motorpool was opening up and inside he could see one large tank. He took another peek a minute later to see the guards setting up a defensive wall next to the tank.
    "Raziel, this is argon. We've got trouble, the guards fell back to the vehicle bay. They've set up defensive walls on the inside of the base and have brought out a heavy tank equiped with a gun and several repeaters," Argon looked out once more and the heavy tank that bristled like a hedgehog  with guns.
"On the plus side if push came to shove we could land something in the courtyard!"
    "Ok argon," Argon jumped and turned round to see the Wraiths all behind him.
"We're getting good at this," Yun put in.
    "Anyways, see for yourself!"
    "See what?" Rizzit asked as he came around the corner with the rest of raiders. His white armour was beginning to get black from the explosions and debris.
    "Oh for gods sake all of you just have a look, if im lucky they might just shoot you!" Argon shouted.

"I don't know thats a lot of people down there, even if we launch a grenade into that lot the tank will open fire and smash whatever building we're hiding in," Rizzit said.
    Then noticing that the tanks rear door was open Raziel put in: "i'll deal with the tank."

The Raiders and Wraiths all spead out along the office buildings which were on the left of the rebel soldiers. The offices were three floors high and around a hundred metres long, hopefully any heavy fire from the soldiers would be minimised.
    "Ok almost time to go," Argon said, looking through his spotting scope. A small dark figure was moving a long the top of the motor pool behind the Soldiers.

Raziel gritted his teeth, combat knife in each hand and prepared to launch himself at the tank. He shrunk down, coiling like a snake tensing every muscle in his body and ready to  release all of the stored energy in one leap...

(ooc: ill try a little map to help. it looked better on notepad trust me)
                /
                || To shipyards and coast (DD and IH)

Main entrance
          _________  _______
          | _______|  |______  |
          |w|                          | |
          |w|                          | |
          |w|                          | | Command centre (abandoned)
Offices| |                            | |
          |r|                            | |
          | |          xxXx          | |
          |r|          ____          | |
          |r|_____/  R  \____ | |
          |_______      ______|    x = rebels
                        \___/          r = raider positions
                Motor pool        W = Wraith positions
                                  R = me on roof
                                  X = big tank
                    ||
                    / to docking yards
-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited August 2, 2003 3:46:59 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 2, 2003 9:36:03 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Miscounted how many raiders were with us last post but oh well.  Time for a cunnin plan. /OOC]

"Frak."  Kuroishi muttered as he readied his blaster.

"If we wait much longer they'll figure out we're here anyway."  Argon said as he shifted beside Kuroishi.

"Right.  Hold up a second while I finish working on a distraction for Raz."  Kuroishi replied as he traded his blaster for two clips, some tools, a boomstick, and some space tape.

"What'll that do?"  Afyon asked looking at the bizare contraption Kuroishi made.

"Since I'm laking napalm and the ingridiants to make it I can't very well blind the tank by covering it in fire.  So I'll have to settle for blinding the supporting infantry.  Now let's wait for the proper moment, don't want to blind Raz as well."  Kuroishi said as he redied the device.

A single click on Kuroishi's comm alerted Raz a distraction was ready.  Two clicks alerted him that it was on it's way.

"Take cover.  If this doesn't work we'll have some very big problems headed our way."  Kuroishi said as he got as low to the ground as possible.

The resulting explosion and flash did much to distract the infantry but the tank was much quicker to recover.

Raziel jumped from his perch down onto the tank with a thud.  Moving toward the nearest hatch he wasted no time in opening it and begining his work.

The three man crew might have had a chance if thier supporting infantry were not currently blinded and thier ears ringing and a fair number dead.

Wraith squad broke cover in unison and began firing on the survivng infantry.

"We still have the dockyard to secure so no slacking off yet Wraith.  Kuroishi your tank."  Raziel said as Wraith gathered around thier new tank.

"All remaining rebel forces are pulling back from this base to the dockyard.  No signs of further resistance."  Mara's voice reported over the comms.

[OOC I think I got it all straight still but I could be wrong. /OOC]

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
August 2, 2003 11:52:41 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
[OOC so if I have this straight IH is supposed to take out near by bases and keap the shipyard base from being recaptured? OOC]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
August 2, 2003 2:26:48 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Snipes! stop shooting, their retreating"Rizzit nearly yelled through the comm
"Ok"Snipes said lowering his Marksmen, he had strapped his disruptor to his back sence ammo for it was more scarce
Snipes walked over to wher the Crazy RAIDERS wher gathered around Rizzit
"Raz has gone and picked himself up a tank, but we need a ground transport, we need something fast, but still hevealy armoured, Snipes go grab something"

Snipes ran off twards wher he could see vehicals that wher abvously not armed well enough to be normal tank, therfore they must be transports, Snipes jumped in one that looked fast, he really knew nothing about these things, he walked back to the troop carrying partanl looked around. he took a closer look at the walls and notice that the thing had ports in the side that an E-11 could lock into, wich he found odd because he knew rebels prolbably didnt use E-11, at least he hadnt found one on a body yet. but he walked over to the cabin and looked at the controls, they wher configured odd, but Snipes found he had a knack for figureing thigs out so it only took him a moment to turn it on and get it moving, he was never the best driver, but still could do it. he drove it down to the CrazyRAIDERS and parked it facing out of the "motor pool". he then jumped out of the hatch at the top
"how dose this look Riz?"he asked

"what is it?"the SL asked

"uhh. . .i think its a transport"Snipes said uncertainly, trying to figure out if he had grabbed something else

"never seen one like it before, but it will work, is it fast?"

"yep, and it has ports in the sides that look like you could put an E-11 though and blast"

"are you sure,?"

"ya, pretty sure"

"ok, load up"

Jed jumped in the top hatch and lowered down the back end door for the RAIDERS

OOC: my disruptor is like the one inJO just so you dont get confused and i have to go so cya/OOC

-----------------------
Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
Nomore lance corporal Jokes!
TRP/CPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 2, 2003 3:29:11 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 2, 2003 6:51:31 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Rizzit pulled Angel and Jyse aside as they loaded into snipes "transport."

"Ok you two i want you guys to run point for us. there are two speeder bikes over there. you scout out ahead and radio back to us." Rizzit said.

'Roger that," Jyse said "Where we headed to?"

"the WRAITHS are headed back to the docking bay to secure it for our escape, and were going to the main rebel base to infiltrate and invade once the horsies and the dragoons take out the big guns. The Main base is due east of here, about 5 klicks. now move out."

Angel and jyse went to the speeder bikes, Angel firing his up and revving the throttle.

"God  i love these things." he said "jyse, I'll race ya to the rebel base"

before jyse could respond Angel had kicked in the throttle and shot out of the motor pool. A smile crossed his face as the feeling of raw power and speed washed over him. he became lost in his ecstsy. he hadn;t been able to open up with anything in the last months, since joining the VE. he got so lost in his revelry, that he lost Jyse and the other RAIDERS. he checked his guidance system. he had gone about 3 clicks south, so now at least 8 clicks lie between him and the other RAIDERS.

He heard the whine of speeder bike approach. good, Jyse followed me he thought. but as the sound drew closer, he could pick out 3 distinct speeder bikes... Oh god, he we go... he kicked in the throttle and shot off to the East, back to where he hoped the RAIDERS would be waiting for him.

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

"I've become so numb I can't feel you there. I've become so tired so much more aware
- Linkin Park "numb"
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
August 2, 2003 8:39:34 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Ok, set that machine gun up near the command tent, you! little PFC grab that missile launcher and place it near those crates!" TK shouted as he ordered the PFCs in his Squad.
"Sergeant machine gun one is combat inefficient!" Slash reported.
"Damn it Slash, get a replacement, I WANT THIS BASE UP AND READY IN 2 HOURS DARK DRAGOONS!" TK shouted again.

-----------------------
TRP David "TK-112" Bowman
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army  
TRP/SGT TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CoR]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 3, 2003 12:12:33 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC:  Before I go ahead and let loose with the tank I'd like some Rules Of Engagement laid out.  /OOC]

Kuroishi wiped a blood smear off the last display before starting to get the tank on the roll.

"Raz I got a question.  Since a transport can land just about anywhere there is enough room for it do we actually have to keep the dockyard intact?"  Kuroishi began assessing the firepower at his disposal and the forces he could see heading toward the dockyard.

"I'll have to get a higher opinion on that one."  Raz said as he popped out of the tank.

[OOC:  Short I know but until I can get some info it's about all I can do at the moment.  /OOC]

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
August 3, 2003 6:17:33 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC] ROE as I understand it.

This is a military strike operation.  Fresia is near to the Core and while along the trade path between the VE and the Remnant, is NOT a world which can properly be held by Imperial forces.

However, one of our primary strategies is isolate worlds from the New Republic.  This means, either training and equipping them to defend themselves or making it so costly for them to be members of the New Republic that they chose independence over picking sides.

Fresia has the means to either defend itself or be a valuable member of the New Republic as a starfighter producer for their military.  One thing that may or may not have come across in your orders is that it is the primary R&D center for Incom as well as a production facility. 

So, let's get down to basics.

1. The combatants have had time to extricate their civilian population.  Destroying the shipyards would hamper the removal of noncombatants from the battlefield.  Do not condone this if at all possible. However, regular army troops may be used to screen for any political/military forces trying to flee the battlefield.

The ground commander may wish to establish a cease fire to provide the time needed to remove all civilians.  After such time elapses, anyone who remains is a valid military target.

2.  Depending on the will of the defense, ground commanders may choose to destroy the means of industrial production on this planet. Either make the enemy understand that neutrality is advantageous or that continued defiance will cost them dearly.

3.  Being near the Core, be assured that elements of NR intelligence and/or consumer media outlets are recording as much of your activity as possible.  If you must react with extreme prejudice, do so in as cleanly a way as possible.  If our forces have to be portrayed as ruthless, at least get across the point that we are also efficient.

4. Kill when necessary, maim as needed, take no unnecessary risks.  A dead stormtrooper is always a morale booster for the enemy.

That is all. [/OOC]

-----------------------
PRF/LG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 3, 2003 6:40:34 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
not knowing the terrain well at all, Angel was struggling at keepinghis speed up and paying attention to where he was going. Twice he almost slammed into trees, then a third one exploded to his right. he risked a glance over his shoulder, and found that the 3 Republic speeders had caught up to him. He reached for his comlink...only to find that it wasn't there... Great, time for some fancy flying he thought.

He pulled back on the speeder and lifted the bike as high off the ground as the repulsorlifts would allow him. Then he dialed back the throttle, slowing his speed. then he pointed the nose towards the ground and killed the repulsorlifts...he plummeted towards the ground, as he cleared the tree level, he restarted the repulsorlifts, and kicked in the throttle. His speeder landed right in the middle of the republic speeders. he reached back with his right hand and pulled out his repeater, blasting the one to his right. the Republic speeder behind him recovered enough to snap a shot off , hitting Angel's speeder. sparks shot out of the speeder, and Angel leapt off of it, landing on the speeder to his left. he slammed the man's face into the console, then flipped him off the bike. angel kicked in thr throtle on the bike, and shto ahead of the other republic trooper. as he cleard the last tree in the forest, he counted how many seconds before the Republic speeder cleared it. then he pulled out a thermal det, and set the timer to that amount. then he tossed the det straight up. 1...2... *KABOOOM* the det exploded right in front of the ther speeder, destroying its stabliizer and front end. It plunged into the ground, crushing and smashing its rider. Angel looked forward to see the RAIDER transport ahead of him. As he shot past it, he signaled Jyse to stop.

The two troopers slowed their bikes.

"jyse gimmie your comlink, i dropped mine back there."

"Sure here ya go angel." he said, tossing the comlink.

"Rizzit, this is angel, i umm...had a little trouble there. 3 republic speeders down, they might have gotten communication out about us. the main base is just 1 more click ahead..."

'Ok Angel, glad to see you could handel it, but i thought i told you to stay ahead of us" came the reply.

"ya...um..i...uh....kinda got lost..."

"Ya i can see how that could happen in this incredibly difficult terrain." rizzits mocking tone replied. "ok listen up, when we get to the rebel base, i want us split into 3 groups. Mara you take JR and Snipes. jed you take TJ and Jyse. Angel, you're with me. mission, reconaissance and infiltration. I want to know ever entrance and exit. Stealth before conflict, kill only when necessary to defend yourselves, otherwise debilitate and detain for questioning. got it?  well lets get to it then. ETA 1 min. we stop before we get there, then hoof it."

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
August 4, 2003 3:48:23 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    "What do we do when we've pushed them out of the docking bay?" Kuroishi asked Raziel as he slid into the tank.
    "Nothing, we havent got the weaponry to push forward any further. In fact we're barely going to be able to hold our own when push comes to shove. If need be we'll slip back to the shipyard bases, hopefully Iron Horse and Dark Dragoons will have completely secured the area by then."
    "What about the raiders?"
    "Well i don't know whether they'll be able to make it through this much resistance, but either way they'll be back here fairly soon. Let's just hope they get back to us before the republicans do. We may even call a cease fire when we've done."
    "I guess that would mean we could stop with the infantry filling in work?" Gokai asked.
    "Of course, a cease fire wouldnt mean we had to stop moving. We have several days worth of darkness yet. Hopefully when the docking yards are secure and Raiders return we can get on with making them fear us."

Kuroishi and Argon were inside the heavy tank, they had cleaned out most of the blood from the previous owners quickly. Raziel couldnt help but laugh as they grinned manically about their new toy. The rest of the wraiths were moving ahead of the tanks, hopefully they could get inside the docking bay and bring the conflict to an end shortly.
    The whole squad was tired out now and they just needed a rest as soon as this was over.

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} {WoS} {VP} {IG}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 5, 2003 11:59:48 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes sat on the bench and in the back of the APC and muttered to himself, about how he shoulda stayed home and how his engineer job was getting userped, about how his idiot brother should have stayed home. Snipes went on for 5 or ten minutes, he wasnt sure exactly.
"Snipes,"Rizzits voice brought Snipes back to the present" i think i kno what this is, i think i rember seeing a paper about it slide across my desk, this is a prototype, not exactly sure how, the only things i see that are odd ar these ports in the side and ther are more buttons in the cabin than in most APCs."
"how did it get here?"Snipes voiced the obvious question
"i think it was stolen when those pirates hit Vigil, then sold to the highest bidder"
"i see" was the only reply Snipes had, he found himself becoming harder every day now, well atleast every mission, he was changing, frankly most all of them wher changing, Rizzits wasnt, he had been doing this too lang, neither wher JR,jed, or TJ, Snipes supposed for the same reason, thou he realy didnt kno. Snipes found himself becoming a harder, colder person, killing had never bothered him before, infact he had once injoyed laying into them and them having no resistance, no defence, but now it was simply, he didnt feel anything for it. Snipes shivered, he was begining to scare himself.
"Fallen and jyse are back,"Rizzit anounced to the room"the base is about a klick ahead"
Snipes only nodded

"Ya i can see how that could happen in this incredibly difficult terrain." rizzits mocking tone replied to something fallen must've said. "ok listen up, when we get to the rebel base, i want us split into 3 groups. Mara you take JR and Snipes. jed you take TJ and Jyse. Angel, you're with me. mission, reconaissance and infiltration. I want to know ever entrance and exit. Stealth before conflict, kill only when necessary to defend yourselves, otherwise debilitate and detain for questioning. got it?  well lets get to it then. ETA 1 min. we stop before we get there, then hoof it."

1 minute passed and the APC lurched to a stop just below a small rise
"Alright we hoof it from here"Rizzit said as the back door opened
the squad stepped out into the night, snipes looked around, they could barely see in the forested area they had stopped in, Snipes growled, you wouldnt be able to see your enemy untill he was right on top of you here.
"whe move this way, turn on your infrared scanners untill we are out of this copse"Rizzit commanded
Snipes watched the others swithc thers on, he had managed to think of that himself. snipes heard the twin hum of speeder bike engines comming up from their rear, Snipes spunn and had his blaster out all in one smooth mostion before he saw the heat signitures, his gogle regestered them as freindlys, one thing he did like about that, to him everybody looked the same as couled blurs, but these new scanners could tell wich wher allie and wich wher'nt. Snipes hlostered his blaster as they pulled to a halt on either side of the parked transport.
"anyone fallowing us"Snipes heard Rizzit bark
"No" was the only reply Fallen gave

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------
TRP/CPRL Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"
"normality is my bane"-myself
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 6, 2003 12:01:44 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 6, 2003 11:48:08 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
OOC:sorry my sign got messed up /OOC

When as soon as Jyse and Angel had stashed their bikes, remembering where they were just in case, The RAIDERS split into their 3 groups.

"ok everyone, we meet up back here in 1 hour, synchronize watches. Mara, you take your group to the left, Jed you take yours to the right. Reform your two groups at the rear of the base, then make your way back here." rizzit whispered

"Boss, what about us?' angel asked.

"Were going inside Angel, see what we can dig up about this base and its operations. Jyse i need to steal you for a minnute to help us break into those doors, u up for it?"

"Yessir" came jyse's reply.

"Once we're in you rejoin Jed's group. remember, rules of engagement, do not fire until fired upon, you may debilitate and detain. E-11's set on stun. lets move" Rizzit said as the squad broke formation and jogged off into the night.

Angel, jyse and rizzit, made their way to the front entrance without much trouble...a few republic guards were stunned a bit back. jyse had no difficulty opening the doors for them.

"Ok here ya go sir," jyse said, "See you in exactly 52 minutes" he ran off to rejoin jed's team.

"angel, i need you to set up you last "care package" somewhere just inside this doorway, we need to be able to blow this if were gonna make a quick exit."

Angel didn't reply, just nodded and went to work. He started tapping on the wall gently, until he found a support beam inside the wall, then he carefully secured the package to the wall right next to it. Placing a charge into it, he set it for remote detonation, then covered the package with a garbage can. He then gave rizzit a thumbsup, and the two made their way down the hallway, side by side, creeping along. They'd cover each other at each doorway, watch each others backs, wokring in perfect harmony.

"this is wierd," Angel commentted as they burst into another office. "there's nobody here..."

"They could be asleep, but your right, there should at least be a graveyard shift. The only guards weve seen have been those 3 out in the woods." rizzit repsonded.

The duo left the office, and made their way down the main corridor. they found conveniently posted direction signs at then end of the hallway.

It Read:

BARRACKS  <<===    ===>> FIGHTER BAY
MAINFRAME          ||            BASE COMMAND
                          ||
                          ||
                          /
                          /
                      OFFICES

"Sir, do you want to spilt up?" Angel whispered

"Do you know how to fly republic fighters?" Rizzit asked, "You knew how to fly that freighter and the lambda class shuttle..."

"x-wing maybe, a-wing no, y-wing maybe, v-wing no, b-wing, possibly. I'm not a fighter pilot, if i was i would have joined the navy. But i may be able to handle one...why?"

"If things get hairy, we may need air support, because i have no idea where IH and DD are. If we have to make an exit, you head for the fighter bay, and I'll go back to the squad got it?"

"Yessir, so where are we going now sir."

"let's goto the base command, see if we cant scare up anybody there."

They took the right corridor, then a left following the signs posted. Another right ran them straight into a sealed door marked *BASE COMMAND*.

"Dead end sir? we're not exactly slicers, and i dont know what their alarm system is." Angel stated.

"We need to find someone to open the door for us...guess the best place to do that would be the barracks." Rizzit said.

They made their way to the barracks, and crept silently through them. Adjusting their eyes to the dark, they silently crep to  bunk after bunk, looking at ranks on uniforms and the like. they made their way through the entire barracks, and started their way back towards the entrance, when the lights clicked on...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 6, 2003 11:49:05 AM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 6, 2003 12:25:26 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
ROUGH SKETCH OF REBEL BASE ground level
got a weee bit messed up in transfer but its usable...

|                            |      |                                            |      __#                            |
|                            |      |______________________ |      |                                $
|______________|        _________      __________      |                                $
                            |        |                  |    |                  |      |          HANGER      $
                            |        |                  |    | Base          |      |                                  |
______________ |  $  |________  |    | Command |      |                                  |
|                                                        |    |                  |      |                                  |
|    Mainframe                                  |    |                  $      |                                  |
|____________________________ |    |________  |___ |________________  |
                                                          |    |
                                                          |    |
                                      _________ |    |___________
                                      | offices      |    |    offices      |
                                      |________ #  #___________ |
                                      |                  |    |                      |
                                      |                  #  #                      |
        mara                      |                  #  #                      |      jed
                                      |_________|## |___________ |
                                                      front
        N
        /
          |                          #= open doors
W￯テ゚      ￯テᅠE                  $= locked doors
          |
        /
        S

--(' . ')--  --('.'-)  --( . )--  (--'.')--  ^-(' . ')-^ --(^-^)--
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 6, 2003 12:30:48 AM)]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 7, 2003 10:38:51 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Argon sat at the gunnery turret of the new heavy tank, checking the sensors and making as much of a visible check as possible.

He had won a lucky role of the chance cube against Kuroishi, who now sat in the driver's seat because of it, and was enjoying the feel of his weapon controls.

As he looked around, he saw the other Wraiths in their chosen defensive positions, perfectly visible from the back, but nearly invisible and forbiddingly armored from the front.

He just hoped they wouldn't have to put themselves to the test...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Fallen Angel and Proud of It!
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 7, 2003 7:18:58 PM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
As the lights flickered on, pure instinct overcame Angel and RIzzit, as the dove behind a row of bunks, then rolled underneath.

"Command said the camera's reported 2 stormtroopers in this area." one rebel said

Groans and threats were coming from the bunks, as the sleepy troopers were awakened by the lights.

"Sorry boys, though we had a code 101 on our hands...*click*No sign of them in the barracks sir, we're going back to base command *click*" angel guessed that they were using a comlink.

the two rebel soldiers exited the room, and turned off the lights.

"NOW" Rizzit whispered. The two troopers rolled out from under a bunk, then got scrambled to their feet and exited the barracks, while the rebels were blinded by going from light to dark.

"Guess they know were here, we better get back outside, rendezvous is in 9 minutes." rizzit said as they ran down the hallway.

"I'd sure like to know why they only have 2 guards on duty though" angel replied. "especially since they know we're all on Fresia. maybe they're mounting a defense somewhere in here....maybe their hiding something."

As he said this they came upon a large unmarked door. 'What the..." was all rizzit had time to say, when the door whooshed open, revealing two startled rebel troops facing two equally startled stromtroopers. Rizzit recovered first and blasted the two troopers.

"RUN!!!!" Rizzit yelled as he glanced into the room. Inside were hundreds of rebel troops, manning e-webs and other heavy weaponry. Rizzit thought he caught a glance of an ATAT, but he wasn't sure, because he was about to become mincemeat. The Alarms sounded and rebel infantry began their pursuit of Rizzit and Angel.

As they flew down the hallway, rizzit yelled "ANGEL, GET TO THE HANGER, WE NEED SOME FIREPOWER!!!!" At the appropraite intersection Angel continued straight to go towards the hanger, while Rizzit peeled right to exit the base. Angel tossed him the detonator to the bomb he set.

"Make sure your a good ways away before you blow it sir" was all angel had time to say, as they left each others sight...hopefully not for the last time...

Rizzit ran down the hallway past the offices as fast as he could. he produced his comlink and set it for the Platoon wide frequency.

"ALL SQUADS, WE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AT THE REBEL BASE, I REPEAT, IMMEDIATE HELP. LARGE NUMBERS OF REBEL SOLDIERS AND HEAVY WEAPONRY FOUND, POSSIBLE WALKERS AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY'RE HIDING. IH, DD GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE NOW!!!!" Rizzit changed the frequency back to RAIDERS.

"mara, jed, get back to the front, I'm coming out hot, rebels on my ass, gonna blow the doors, but i'll only get some be ready to cover me. out"

2 offices remained, as rizzit sucked it up and ran faster. He felt like his lungs were about to burst, and his legs burn up, as the lactic acid started wearing his muscles. He burst out the door, and continued to run full out, then he hit the detonator...

the entire building shook as Rizzit blew the front entrance. 'hope you're ok rizz" angel puffed as he rounded a corner. he could hear the rebel troops pursuing him, their footsteps pounding in his brain. he made it to the hanger bay doors, and luckily they were open. He dodged to one side, then set 2 thermal detonators on ledge next to the door. when the foor opened it would hit the ledge, knocking off the detontators (his last 2) and causing them to detontate. when he turned around, his heart sank. the hnager was completely empty, except for one Z-95 headhunter, that looked like it would be lucky to take off.

"screw it, ain't got  nothing else" angel said, and jumpd into the fighter...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 7, 2003 7:28:46 PM)]
Chimera
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
August 8, 2003 10:54:05 AM    View the profile of Chimera 
"ALL SQUADS, WE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP AT THE REBEL BASE, I REPEAT, IMMEDIATE HELP. LARGE NUMBERS OF REBEL SOLDIERS AND HEAVY WEAPONRY FOUND, POSSIBLE WALKERS AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY'RE HIDING. IH, DD GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE NOW!!!!" Rizzit's voice came in loud over the comm and Chimera jumped from his slumped position in his AT-PT. The walker was set to auto-pilot and heading for a rendevouz with the motor pool. Chimera yawned and switched the controls over to manual. "Finally gonna get to see some action," he said with a stretch. He encountered minimal resistance in the latter half of the raid.

"Bah the motor pool can handle themselves," Chimera said as he made a quick turn for the base. He was so anxious he made every piloting move manually on the way, Moving through dense terrain and destroyed enemy territory.

This was Chimera's first mission, so despite his eagerness, he was shaking like a leaf in a high wind. The top of the base came into sight and he took a few long, slow breathes and slapped himself a couple of times. He grinned madly as he saw huge plumes of smoke billowing from the building. "Looks like the action has started without me," he said with a sigh. He switched on his comm to the platoon channel,"This is Chimera. You guys look like you could use some help." Rizzit, Mara, and Jed were running frantically from the base shooting backwards as they went.

"It's about time!" Rizzit shouted through the comm and Chimera shuddered from the severity in Rizzit's voice. "Ya ya I'm on it," he answered, squeezing the trigger and letting loose several quick bursts from the cannons on his AT-PT. Bodies flew as the laser blasts dove into their forward movement. "Guys get back, I'll tank." Chimera shouted as he shot again at the advancing troops.

Rizzit, Mara, and Jed blasted any oncoming troops with amazing accuracy while Chimera unloaded on major unit areas. The enemy units had set up skirmish lines along the ridges and were slowly advancing through the field. Chimera continued to blast away enemy positions, taking more and more damage from the skirmish lines. Red lights started to blink inside the cockpit of the AT-PT.

"Alright guys that's our cue to get the hell outta here." He said, sweat dripping from his forhead. "You guys retreat to the rest of the platoon, I'll cover you." The three Raiders slowly fell back continuing to shoot at the rebels on the ridges. "Heh, I love those guys," Chimera grinned. "Alright time to get the show on the road." He cracked his knuckles and spread his shots far out through the ridges, hitting skirmish lines everywhere. The enemy troops had stopped advancing and were now concentrating all their fire on Chimera's AT-PT. Damage reports came in from all over as he struggled to bring his damaged mech around. Then everything went silent and he heard one sound in the distance, The mechanical stomp of large feet.

Then he saw it, a giant AT-AT coming from the other side of the compound, its four legs moving with utmost efficiency as they carried the giant war machine closer to his position. Chimera didn't waste time to wonder what an AT-AT was doing on the rebels side of the field. "Time to go!" he yelled into the comm,"Im gonna need some cover guys. He turned his battered AT-PT around and moved to increase speed. "Low Power," came a voice inside the cockpit. "Dammit," he yelled as he continued to march away from the field without the speed increase.

The AT-AT grew closer all the time. Enemy troops were setting up perimeters around the base. Then he heard one last sound. The sound of large blasters echoing through the area. Alarms blared as his mech shook violently and crashed into the edge of a forest. Chimera was thrown up onto the control board. "I'm down. Sorry guys." Chimera said into the comm as he slumped back into the seat.

Blood was trickling down his forhead and his left arm was at an odd angle but he didn't care, nor did he feel any pain. He was only thinking about his failure. Rizzit's voice snapped him out of his train of thought,"Chimera, listen! Get out of there!" Chimera looked around and found the control for the cockpit. It opened halfway and stopped. "What a day," Chimera thought as he stood up to push the canopy up the rest of the way. As soon as it opened he got smelled not fresh air but the smell of charred wood and skin. Chimera cringed and scrambled out of the his AT-PT and into the dark forest. He ran faster and faster as he heard troops yelling and running behind him...

-----------------------
Chimera Faidt
TRP/PFC Chimera/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 8, 2003 11:42:32 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel started the launch procedure, and quickly activated the deflector shields. He sealed the cockpit and did a systems check...Great, just great, this is a training fighter, all i can do is paint targets he thought oh i have 2 concussion missiles left ats nice...1 to exit He switched the weapons over to concussion missiles set it for single fire, and pulled the trigger.

The missile shot out of the fighter, and exploded against the hanger bay doors, creating a hole Angel hoped would be big enough to fit the Z-95 through. Chunks of cieling began to hit the roof of the fighter, and he heard the distinct sound of an ATPT outside...good at least on from IH made it Then bigger chunks started falling and he heard that all too familiar sound of the ATAT...what the...is fury and PM here? NOOO but that means that....oh god

Angel kicked in the repulsorlifts, then engaged the throttle, kicked in the engines, and blasted out of the hanger bay. he clipped one of the sides of the doors on the way out, and tore off one of his painting laser cannons. He ignored the alarms, and pressed down on the rudder pedals, banking sharply left. He pulled about 7 G's in that turn, and almost blacked out. When he righted the ship again, he saw an ATPT go down underfire from the ATAT and hundreds of Rebel troops that appeared out of no where. Turbolaser turrets emerged from the top of the base, then opened fire on the retreating RAIDERS. Angel saw someone who looked like chimera clamber out of the ATPT.. WHERE THE HELL ARE THE REST OF IH AND THE DD!! he screamed in his head.

Angel kicked the fighter up on its left wing, brought up the ATAT on his targeting screen, Hes HUD went yellow, then red. he pulled the trigger, and the missile shot away. the ATAT turned its head, then fired two full power blasts, and swatted the missile from the sky. angel pulled up hard on the flight yoke, and got the fighter airborne. Then he killed the throttle, pointed the nose towards the ground, and threw the throttle forward. The Z-95 lurched as it sped towards the ground, Angel pulled up at the last second, getting a rush of negative g's, as all the blood rushed to his toes. he saw spots, but maintained consciousness. Gotta at least distract them.

The cockpit was incredibly cramped with Angel in all his gear. while he has been going through the startup, he ditched his armor, retaining only his belt and pack. He put the HUB on the ATAT, drawing its attention yet again, and then banked hard right while doing a roll, the ATAT spat laser blasts at him. Angel kicked the fighter up on its left wing, then banked sharply right, and then rolled into a climb. the turbolasers now directed their attention towards him. he could make out little tiny RAIDERS retreating back to their transport. they had about 200 meters left to go. Angel did a loop, then dove the fighter back towards the surface. he lined it up with a turbolaser, jammed the yoke, and ejected himself from the fighter. The canopy blew, and angel was thrown back in his seat as the pilots chair shot out of the doomed fighter.

Angel pulled the chute cord, and the chair fell away, leaving him floating in the air. he was about 15 meters off the ground when the fighter hit the turbolaser. a bright flash signaled the demise of the fighter and the turret. now the distracted rebels turned their attention to the Imperial floating above the ground...a sitting duck. angel was 10 meters from the ground. he cut himself loose of the chute, and fell towards the hard dirt. He landed on his side, and heard ribs crack with the impact. he struggled to his feet, and breathing raggedly, ran bcak towards the other RAIDERS...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
Chimera
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
August 8, 2003 10:46:53 PM    View the profile of Chimera 
Chimera ran through the forest at top speed, trying to escape the pursuing Republic troopers. His thrashed left arm dangled uselessly at his side and he started to lose knowledge of where he was or what he was doing. He just remembered that he had to keep running. He was running so fast he didn't even see the gnarled root sticking up out of the ground and he flew 3 feet and landed on the ground with a large thud.

He struggled to regain his breath as he pulled himself up behind a tree trunk and pulled out his small scout blaster. "Well, I lived a good life," he said grinning again as he heard a pair of footsteps getting closer."1...2...3!" he jumped out from behind the tree trunk shot off a bolt at the trooper. The laser bounced helplessly off his armor. They looked at eachother for a second and the Republic trooper only had enough time to raise his rifle before he caught Chimera's blaster in his face.

Chimera shrugged and ran over to pick up his blaster where it lay by the unconcious Rebel. He continued to run through the forest, watching out for the terrain. He didn't know where he was running too or why. Chimera just ran. "I'm gonna need an industrial size bottle of aspirin after this," he said to himself again hearing the falling footsteps of approaching enemies and the crunch of foliage.

He looked around for cover. The only cover in his immediate area was a small bush and a thin twisted tree. "Oh man, this really isn't my day,"he said becoming increasingly frantic. Chimera wasn't going out without a fight though.

Three enemy troops burst through the underbrush into the area. They looked around, apparently confused, expecting to find one very injured Imperial. Meanwhile, Chimera struggled to hold on to the weakening branch of the twisted tree, directly above the troopers. He inched his way along trying to make it behind them without being noticed when he heard a loud crack.

The branch broke from the tree falling to the ground with Chimera still clinging to it, directly on top of the troops. Chimera lay on top of dazed rebels without any willpower left to get up.

"Chimera. Chimera, this is Rizzit. Are you there?" he looked around in confusion. His personal comlink! Chimera snatched it from his jacket pocket and gripped it tightly as he raised it to his mouth. "I'm here. I'm having a little...uh," he looks beneath him at the troops who were starting to regain their senses," trouble."

"Listen, get back to the rest of IH. The path is all clear." We'll keep those guys off your tail. Chimera looked again down at the troops and laughed. "You're the boss," he said, pushing himself up with his still functioning right arm.

Chimera ran as fast as he could making his way to where he thought the rest of the Iron Horses were. Then he saw it. A beam of light poured through a gap in 2 trees, clearing the darkness ahead of him. He was renewed and ran even faster, using every bit of stamina he had to make it to the exit. Suddenly a dark being appeared ahead of him, its uniform looking almost not suprisingly like that of a Republic trooper.

Chimera didn't bother to stop or even slow down as he plowed shoulder first into the soldier. They both came out on out onto the ground on the other side, the sunlight nearly blinding Chimera. He heard a blaster go off and smelled charred flesh as the trooper slumped dead. Chimera looked up to see Otto Vox grinning at him. "Need a hand?" he said still grinning.

"Maybe an arm," Chimera replied, panting and all to suddenly becoming aware of the extreme pain he was in. Otto held Chimera up and slowly brought him over to a waiting stretcher. "I need to get back out there." He said pushing the stretcher away.

"Cool it," Otto said grabbing him and pushing him down onto the stretcher, "You're not in any condition to be back out there.
Chimera could only lay back helplessly as he was carted back to the yacht.

-----------------------
Chimera Faidt
TRP/PFC Chimera/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 9, 2003 5:38:32 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
in between shooting and running Snipes looked up to see how Fallen was making out, he had just launched himself from his archaic fighter and was parashuting to the ground. Snipes turned his head again to watch wher they wher going, it looked like straight back to the APC. Snipes looked back to fallen again to see if he was doing ok, he was nowher in sight, Snipes didnt bother careing, just turned his head back to wher thye wher going and ran a little harder.
after several minutes of running through trees and being shot at by rebels they found thier APC, right wher they left it, except with 5 troopers gaurding it, the rebels wher more surprised than the RAIDERS and it took the RAIDERs only a few seconds to blast them dead.
"Jed,Tj, you guys get on those bikes, i want to kno what to expect, Mara, is ther verymuch ahead of us?"Rizzit commanded all at once
Mara took a few seconds to bring out a had sized data screen and begin pressing buttons
"well?"Rizzit asked impatently as Jed and Tj sped off
"some scattered rebels, combing the forest most likely, they are moving pretty fast and in no real order"
"ok, JR, get us moving"
the squad piled into the APC and after only a few minutes they wher moving.
"Mara. wher are fallen and Chimera?"Rizzsit asked once they wher settled
"umm one second"Mara said as she removed and consulted the datascreen again"Chimera is near to a walker, one of ours, i think its Ottos, so he should be good, Fallen is in the woods on the west side of the Command Base"
"ok, we go after Fallen, Snipes, you sniper, you have good eyes, take the mounted gun"
Snipes nodded and unbuckled himself. he grabbed his blaster from wher it had been sitting next to him and moved to the hatch. As he stepped up onto the step they heard a *THUP* onto the top of the the APC
"what was that?"Snipes asked calmly
"Check it out while your up ther"Rizzit replyed
Snipes flung open the hatch and pushed himself up on the step and quikly looked around, he saw a reble trooper on top and wasted no time stunning him. Snipes then reached forward and grabbed the mans arm and pulled him down into the cabin, not even bothering to lift him down, just let him fall.
Snipes pused himself back up and grabbed the mans fallen gun, it wa an E-11, snipes tossed it down behind him and stood ther with the grip of the mounted gun clenched firmly in his hand, he looked around, looked for anymore rebels and only encounted a few, wich either he was able to get, or he let the APC runn over sence they wher dumb enought to step out infront of it and shoot at the drivers cabin.

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
August 10, 2003 10:16:23 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Otto watched as Chimera was carried off on a stretcher by platoon medics and sighed heavily. It was their first mission, and one of the squad had already been taken out of combat. Just as he was turning to get back inside his ESPO walker, he sensed danger behind him just as he heard hurried footsteps of 3 Rebel soilders. His hand quickly fell to his lightsaber, which he ignited with one quick flick and slashed through the foliage. As the vegitation fell to the ground and sizzled on his saber, he heard three individual thunks on the ground ahead of him. He leaned over the bushes he had just "trimmed" to see 3 severed bodies lying on the ground.

He smirked and used the Force to aid his jump to his walker. As he climbed in he saw the head of an AT-AT poke through the trees. He dropped into the pilot's seat, while a thought popped into his head, he'd seen this trick done before on Hoth, by some punk Jedi. He kicked his walker into gear. Before the AT-AT could even notice him, he was under the vast walker. Turning his walker around to stay in line with the AT-AT, he turned the auto pilot on, keeping it going straight. He turned around in his seat and grabbed his bag of thermal detonators and grappling hook. Lifting the hatch on his walker he aimed his hook and fired it towards the service hatch of the AT-AT. Cutting a hole in the hatch, he took out one thermal detonator and set a timer of 20 seconds, shoved it back in the bag, and tossed the bag of detonators into the core of the huge walker.

Sliding back down the line of his grappling hook, he slid ride back into his pilot's seat, turning off the auto pilot and veering off to the left of the AT-AT as the bag of detonator's blew. The amount of firepower in the bag caused the AT-AT's body to split in two. Each end fell away from the other. The head of the walker hit the ground first, crushing any occupant and blowing up anything left in the rest of the piece. Otto reached over to hit the comm.

"Iron Horse," he ordered "Meet me at the lat. and long. that I'm sending you, then we'll attack the base. Move out!"

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Squad Leader - Iron Horse
SL/SFC Otto Vox/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEEC/VE[LM][ES][SoS]
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Krath/Lion 1-4/VEDJ
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force.-Otto Vox
Fear, fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, fear is my ally.-Darth Maul
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  253
Total Posts:  1338
August 11, 2003 6:09:21 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
"Iron Horse," said Otto Vox's voice through the speaker, "Meet me at the Lat. and Long. that I am sending you now. Then we will attack the base. Move Out."

Kairo was waiting for such an order. Pushing his throttle forward he moved his At-Pt towards the waypoint. Turning on his comspeaker he said, "Kairo here. Moving in on your rendesvoi point. Be there in about five minutes." Shutting his intercom down he though to himself, "Five minutes. Five minutes till my first real action in the Imperial Army."
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited August 11, 2003 6:11:09 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

August 11, 2003 11:05:37 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
"Wait for it.  Now."  Kuroishi said as he studied the few patrols outside the docking bay.

Argon thumbed the trigger and blasted one of the four perimeter turrets before the rebels could even querry the tank.

"Get that last one on this side and the squad can move safely into the base."  Kuroishi said as he began evasive manuevers to avoid the fire from the perimeter turret.

"Main gun recharged and firing."  Argon said as he blasted the last turret.

"Infantry squad approaching."  Kuroishi said as he turned the tank to face the docking bay.

"On it."  Argon replied as he keyed in a turret mounted e-web and began firing.

A shuddering thud rippled through the tank as it came to an abrupt halt.

"That's it we've been hit."  Kuroishi said as he popped the hatch.

Blaster fire traced toward the tank as Wraith squad used it for cover.

"That could have gone better."  Raz said to Kuroishi as he scrambled behind the now immobile tank.

"I'll cover you while you move out to the base then Argon you cover me if there are any troops left alive by the time you get to the door.  Watch your spacing they have AT weapons."  Kuroishi said as he started returning fire.

Kuroishi waited for what seemed like hours before the squad was to the entrance to the docking bay.  Standing up and running for it he could see Argon's blaster fire take down the last of the patrol that had upset thier plans.

"Between shots I managed to get a look at our tank.  It's not going anywhere but the weapons systems look okay still.  So if we have to we can just retreat to the tank and level the docking bay."  Kuroishi huffed out as he drew his vibro-katana and popped the panel off the door control.

"Where's your tool box anyway?"  Raziel asked as he watched Kuroishi fumble around inside the panel.

"Weighs fifty pounds for my fully equiped tool box and you said only bring thirty pounds of gear.  Besides don't need it for this door."  Kuroishi smiled as the doors began to open.

"Allright they know we're here and that we're on foot now.  Estimates place about a platoon's worth of troops are hiding in this docking bay somewhere.  This was not originally a military structure so automated defenses will be at a minimum.  Argon you got point.  Kuroishi watch our backs."  Raziel ordered as the squad readied to enter the docking bay.

[OOC:  Out for now.  Expect more as the week goes on. /OOC]

-----------------------
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
August 12, 2003 6:29:20 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"Demi do you read me? Where the hell is your squad? We're under heavy fire and in need of some support!" Rizzit yelled over the comm unit.

"I read ya loud and clear Rizzit. We're at the docking bay and coming your way to assist." Demi replied.

"My squad is pinned down by a large force of rebel troops and an enemy AT-AT. I just need you to distract there fire so we can pick up Fallen in our APC." Rizzit said.

"No problem will do. TK you hear that? We gotta distract that AT-AT so that Rizzit and his squad can make their run." Demi said over the comm.

"Yes sir, but how are we going to do that without getting blown to pieces? The blaster cannon isn't strong enough to even penetrate the armor plating on that AT-AT." TK replied.

"All we need to do is start concentrating our fire on those rebel troops around the walker. Once those troopers start dropping like flies the AT-AT will see us as the bigger threat and start firing on us." Demi said.

"I gotcha sarge. I'm ready when you are." TK said.

"Okay then, follow my lead." Demi said as he flew the repulsortank towards the AT-AT.

The two repulsortanks flew towards the AT-AT with all weapons armed and ready. The tanks blaster cannon began firing at the troops nearby the walker. As the blasts hit the dirt, chunks of dirt flew all over the place as well as rebel troopers who were caught in the blast. As the tanks flew even closer the repeating blasters began raining bolts of energy down upon the rebel scum. Rebels began dropping like flies as the energy bolts pierced into their bodies.

The AT-AT stopped dead on its four bulky feet and turned its head towards the repulsortanks and took aim.

"TK break off formation!" Demi yelled as he banked the tank hard left.

The laser blast from the AT-AT laser cannon missed the two tanks and harmlessly hit the dirt.

"Okay Demi we're clear. Thanks for the help." Rizz said.

"Okay Rizz, my squad will clean up as much as we can here. We'll meet up with your squad when we're done."

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
-----------------------
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
CM/DJK Demi Wraith/Lion 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
-----------------------
"In my eyes, I see you burning..." -Divinity Destroyed
-----------------------
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
August 12, 2003 9:31:57 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed looked down as the enemy indicators on his bike started blinking.

"Ignore the sensor Jed, it thinks we're the bad ones, remember, this is a rebel speeder." TJ's voice came through his helmet.

Jed nodded to himself and concentrated on his flying.  They were flying through a dense forest area, so flying was very difficult and visiblity was low.  Jed shook his head.

"TJ, we're not gonna be able to see any rebels in this dense of an area!" he said through his mike.

"Yeah I'm beginning to agree with you." TJ replied.  "Think we should head back?"

"Probably..." Jed said.  He pulled out his comlink and flicked it on, at the same time swerving to avoid a large fallen tree.  "Rizzit, this is Jed, it's getting pretty thick down here, were gonna head back, OK?"

"Yeah Jed, but you missed nearly getting fried by an ATAT!" Rizzit said sarcastically.

"Sorry boss, we'll be there right away." Jed looked over at TJ. "He said they just suirvived a scrape with and ATAT, they might need us, lets hurry up!"  TJ nodded and sped into a U-turn.  Jed followed his lead.

OOC sorry I HAD written this longer thing but then realized it wouldn't work and it's too late to write any more... /OOC
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited August 12, 2003 9:41:10 PM)]
Fallen Angel
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Sith Adept (AD)

August 13, 2003 12:49:02 AM    View the profile of Fallen Angel 
Angel picked himself up off the ground, grunting with the effort. breathing became hard for him, his broken ribs made him feel like he went a few round with a Gamhorrean beefed up on adrenal packs. He tried to quicken his pace, but his ris wouldn;t let him.

Off in the distance he heard a transport approaching. not wanting to take any chances, he staggered behind a large tree, pulling out his ESPO grenade launcher. he peeked around the tree, then lowered his ESPO and slid it around behindhim. He picked out Snipes on top of the transport, and saw several E-11's sticking out, so he figured he was safe.

Angel stepped out from behind the tree, and was almost mowed down by blasterfire.

he heard a familiar voice from inside the transport yell "HOLD YOUR FIRE YOU IDIOTS...ITS ANGEL"

The back hatch opened and Angel limped up to it. "thanks rizz, thought i'd survive all this just to be killed by my own squad."

"Sorry bout that Angel," snipes chimed in, "you just startled me, thats all."

"Ya, you surprised all of us...what the hell hapened to your armor anyways?" Rizzit asked

"Weeeeeeeel, i had to ditch it to make room for all my weapons in the Z-95...old POS that it was." Angel explained, "at least it took out a turret while it died. Where;d all that stuff come from?"

"that one door by the barracks we met those 2 rebel troops at. I think they knew we had the advantage outside, because of the walkers and the tanks, so they holed up inside to create a defense. I have no idea where they got that ATAT, but i heard Otto took care of it."

As rizzit stopped speaking, two speeder bikes roared up. It was TJ and Jed, returning from their scouting.

"Darn, i was hopin to get Peacmakeer and Fury down here for a little action" TJ said. "They've prolly forgotten what battle feels like by now."

The Raiders shared a rare laugh, but quickly regained their focus and returned to the task at hand.

"Mara, patch up Angel...again..." Rizzit said

mara groaned and the squad laughed again, even angel chuckled, which made him feel like a vibroblade was stuck into his side, but he didn't much care.

"OK, i'm going to contact Japer and see how IH is doing, naybe get them to take out those turbolaser turrets. meanwhile, Snipes you take up a sniper position, and pick off enemy troops. Angel, if you're feeling up to it, I want you TJ and Jed to try and re-infiltrate the base and find out why they're so fierce in their protection... JR, Jyse,  Mara, were gonna use this transport to see how much we can help DD after i get in touch with Japer. Lets move out guys."

Angel, TJ, and Jed left the transport after Mara had duct taped Angel back to health. TJ climbed on his speeder, Jed on his. Angel hopped on the back of Jed's, and they roared back towards the rebel base...

-----------------------
Pupil of Jubei (RIP)

- Linkin Park "numb"
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
August 13, 2003 12:26:03 AM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
The trio raced back toward the Rebel base at high speed.  Jed held up his hand and slowed down considerably.  He glanced down at his sensors and slowed to a complete stop.  TJ pulled up beside him.

"We go on foot from here." Jed said as he hopped off the bike.  TJ and Fallen dismounted as well.  "We should try to get in there as quietly as possible."

"Makes sense.  But how are we gonna get in there?" TJ queried.

"I'm not sure, maybe there's a back door or somthing..." Jed said slowly.

"We could always get in through the hole I blasted in the hanger..." Fallen spoke up. "I doubt the Rebels even know it exists, they were to busy fighting all of of.  Besides, the hanger looked practically deserted anyway."

"Hmm that does seem like an idea." Jed said thoughfully.

"Well, we're wasting time just sitting here, lets go!" Fallen said eagerly.

"Agreed.  Fallen, which side was the hanger doors on?"

"East." came the reply.

"Ok, lets move!" Jed led them to the edge off the forest, where they saw that the Rebels had massed what it seemed like most of their secret force in defense across the entrance.  The trio of Raiders made their way along the edge of the forest untill they came upon the hangar doors.

"We're not going to have much cover getting there." TJ guestuerd toward the doors, which were still a good half a click away.

"Well, the Rebels don't seem to be guarding it very well.  I think we can make it." Jed said.  TJ, you go first, 'cause you can sense any threats.  Fallen will follow you, and I'll come last."

"Sounds good to me." TJ said.  He nodded then sprinted out of the woods, finding cover behind a large tree.  He peered out, and saw two Rebels coming right toward him.  They hadn't noticed him, but that would change in an instant.  Using the force, he picked up a small rock and flung up as hard as he could into the center of the Rebel defense forces.  Alarms went off and everyone jumped up.  The two Rebels scrambled back toward the entrance.  TJ continued on, and when he reached the hanger doors, he motion for Fallen to follow.  Both he and Jed got to the hanger without any more encounters.

"Good job guys.  Quick thinking with the rock thing TJ!" Jed complimented.

"Well, blasting them wasn't going to work." Tj said wryly.

Fallen peered up at the large hole that his concussion missile had blasted into the doors.  "That's a good 10 feet up there, Jed." He said.

Jed guestured at TJ, who grinned.  He stepped back as TJ took a uning leap, using the force to aid his jump, and landed up inside the charred hole.  He took out his rope and tied it to a jagged part of the door, and let the rest down.  Jed and Fallen climbed up to join him.  The three climbed down on the inside, which was completely empty.  Four small man sized doors were on the right wall, and the main door that Fallen had come through earlier was straight ahead.  They were all closed.  They jogged over the the main door, and just as they were going to open it, Jed said, "Wait!"

"What?" TJ asked.

"Doesn't this lead back into the main hallways? Jed asked.

"Yeah..." Fallen answered.

"Tthe Rebels will probably be everywhere in there.  I don't think that it's wise to just run in there after we took so much care in getting in here." Jed said.

"Good point.  But where else can we go?" TJ asked.

"How bout one of those doors." Jed motioned toward the four closed doors that were along the northern wall.  The trio walked over the the first door.  It was locked.  So was the second.  The third one opened with a hiss, and they walked slowly through it.  There was a hallway that turned left as soon as you got through, and an elevator entrace was on the right.

"Which way now?" Fallen asked.  "Do we split up?"

"No splitting up, we'll work better together as a team." TJ said.

"Yeah...why don't we try the elevator?" Jed suggested.

"No problem here Jed." Fallen replied.  The three Raiders squeezed into the small elevator and positioned themselves in case they met any resistance when they reached their destination.  TJ hit the button and they started ascending.

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
cRaZyFTC2/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[IG]RoM]
cRaZy - Affected with madness; insane
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

August 14, 2003 1:45:49 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes took off his helmet and aimed his Marksmen, then panned over to wher the trio was, then fallowed them. as they made it inside, Snipes decided to create a small diversion, sence he was in the west. Snipes holstered his Marksmen and unstrapped his Disruptor. He smiled to himself, he looked over to a window high in the building wher he could amke out a rebel, He shot the man, then another a floor down, and another a little to the right. "good, that should make them properly comfused"Snipes thought. he unholster his Marksmen and set it on the ground infront of him, he would need it later. Snips continued shooting any rebel that was stupid enough to be able to bee seen from a window.
"Whoa!, Snipes, i like my head wher it is!"a excited voice came from the comm
"dont worry it will stay ther"Snipes replyed"just makeing a small diversion, they should be out here looking for me in a few minutes"
"then what are you going to do"Came the voice again, Jed, Snipes guessed
"the only thing ther is to do, go some wher else and shoot at them"
"well use something safer than that disruptor, one of those beams went clear through the guys eye and and into the ceiling near me!"
"ok, i got to go, i think they kno wher i am now"
"ok, how many are they sending."
"too many"Snipes gulped, ther had to be like 20 of them"but then i am a combat engineer, ill make a boobytrap"
"ok, call us when your free of them"the voice laughed
Snipes strapped his Disruptor back on and grabbed up his E-11. Then he grabbed a thermal detonateor and set it in the ground, then set the timer for a 10 minutes and repeated the stepps utill he had a fair minefield of about 6, all of his thermals.he then checked on his rebel freands progress, still about 15 feet away. Snipes snuck quietly yet quikly north, the way he had learned to when hunting on Corrilia. he had made it a good 30 feet away by the time the Rebels found his prevous site. he could see them walking around looking to see if they could figure out wher he went, he took aim, he aimed right for one of his thermals one of them was attempting to take from the ground. he shot.
*BBBOOOOOOMMMM*
Snipes had under estimaded the explosion, he had been shaken throughly by the shockwave and had dirt and rocks fly all around him and on him, then he rembered he ad forgot his helmt down there.
He looked again and saw the rebels regaining themselfs, he had got six of them and injured 4 more, that left ten that wher out for his blood, he decided to go back to rizzit for some help. he took a final aim and shot two more of them, they got hsi bearing on the second shot. Snipes decided it was time to head for the APC.
"jed, i aint gettin clear of these guys, ill be back in a few to help you some more though"
Snipes then switched the channel to RAIDERS standard
"Rizzit, i have freands fallowing me, i 8-10 of them, be ready"
"WHAT! why. . ! Snipes, what are you doing!"Snipes heard Rizzits angry voice
"im creating a good distraction"
"you kno when they dont show up, more will come for them"
"no they wont, they cant risk losing more guys, i've taken out 15-20 already, albit, most wher in the building and had no idea what was happening when shots started flying throught the windows, but they still are missing those men"
"you have a point, well get over here, when you get to our clearing, duck, jyse is just gonna lay on the mounted gun"
"affirmative"
He had to be near now, yes he rembered the log , that meant. . .He never finished the thought, just dove threw the brush into the ground, he could hear heavy blaster fire gong over his head and felt bad for the rebels.

OOC:g2g, didnt get to finish/OOC

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited August 14, 2003 1:47:35 AM)]
shocktech
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  6
August 16, 2003 11:17:45 AM    View the profile of shocktech 
Shocktech ran to Rizzit's position at full speed, firing his long range blaster from behind, and trying to avoid the many bolts of fire aimed at his head. He saw a Rebel trooper targeting Rizzit, he dove for Rizzit and pulled him down into a near by trench just as the bolt scraped the armor on his arm.

"What the.."

"sir, I think now would be a good time to tell you that there are 2 Rebel squads advancing."

"oh greeeeeeeeeat" replied Rizzit

"lets get the hell out of here before they get on top of us."

"good idea sir"

Shocktech and Rizzit ran as fast as they could, not knowing where they would end up. Eventully they reached the Rebel base. They couldn't see the squads behind them, and for once on this mission, Shocktech smiled and pointed to a sentry tower above. Rizzit climbed and Shocktech followed, once they reached the top, they had to put 3 Rebel troopers out of there misery. The tower was equipped with 2 repeating blasters and communications equipment.

Shocktech once again smiled and removed his helmet

"What in the name of the Empire are you doing?"

"Replacing my communications headset sir, the other one looks like Trandoshan barbecue."

"Maybe we can finally contact the other troopers."

"no no, bad idea" said Rizzit

"the Rebels are probably intercepting our conversations"

Rizzit pointed to two Rebel uniforms hanging on the wall and he smiled

"I ainted putting that thing on" Said Shocktech

"You dont really have a choice of the matter now do you?"

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Emergency on Fresia (Wildcard Platoon)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:59:17 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 123  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >