Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  53
Total Posts:  304
  RE: Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)
September 1, 2008 7:23:19 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Arriving back at where the shuttles were parked, Jori didn’t see any signs of Bright. Moving through the shuttles, he found one of the pilots still there. Walking up to him, the pilot jumped, sending the liquor he was drinking all over Jori. Shaking it off with in a slightly irritated manner, he smiled and asked the pilot if he had seen Jester’s temporary SL around.

“Yeah. As a matter of fact, I have. She just left towards the warehouse about twenty minutes ago.” the pilot said, almost falling out of the seat as he did.

“Warehouse? What warehouse? Where is it?” Jori asked, confused.

“The warehouse where all the weapons are. Here. Let me give you the coordinates.” the pilot said as he pointed at Jori’s datapad.

Jori handed it over and watched as the pilot hooked it up to main computer and fed data into it. Getting it back, he gazed at it as a map of the city blinked onto the screen. The map changed, with three markers popped up on the screen. The first was where he was, representing the shuttles, the second was in the political section of the city, representing where Kami was supposed to be, and the third was almost in the middle of the city, where he had just come from. Sighing, Jori thanked the pilot and hopped off the shuttle. Walking back the way he came, he headed towards the marker.

Ahhh… jeez. Heading back into the belly of the beast. I can only hope that I don’t run into those two again. Oh, that reminds me. I have to put the coordinates of their hideout on here.

Inputting the numbers, he continued walking. Getting bored quickly, he started to run. He was almost there when he ran headfirst into a familiar figure. Bouncing off the figure, Jori hit the ground hard, banging his elbow on the ground. Getting up he noticed that it was Cursed, a trooper from Paladin.

“Hey. What are you doing? Why are you running?” Jori asked, holding his hurt elbow.

“Oh hey. Sorry. Didn’t see you there. I’m running because I just took out a loyalist.” Cursed said, peering at Jori before he recognized him.

“Ohh… since you’re now, could you show me to the warehouse? If someone approaches us, with my hurt elbow, I can act like I need medical help. That will catch them off guard and if you deem them a threat, then you can… dispose of them.” Jori said, cradling his elbow.

Cursed nodded and they set out on a course for the warehouse. After about ten minutes or so, they arrived and entered. Jori saw Bright and made a beeline for her. After relaying the coordinates of the hideout to her, he started picking out weapons and armor.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
==============================================
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  206
September 1, 2008 9:40:25 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi slowly strolled along the path given to him... or at least the path to the warehouse. His SSK-7 Heavy Blaster Pistol was strung into his shoulder holster, his pinstripe suit was as clean as a autopsy table, and the local security force had not found him yet. And with the population of the city, and the estimated size of the security force - they most likely never would. Bacardi looked around, no one, and he quickly grabbed his Comlink out of his jacket pocket. Cocking his head back and forth again, he noticed no one - again, he clicked the Comlink three times, signaling: Location. A second passed and Bacardi had gone a half a stride, and the Comlink clicked five times: At Base. Paladin was at the warehouse, he shuved the Comlink back into his jacket pocket and began to set course to the warehouse.

Three minutes and two blocks later, Bacardi turned up at the warehouse. It looked the exact same as it had earlier, and Bacardi's tall and fit figure looked like a dot on a map. He went over to the front door, stepping on the gravel with his Corellian shoes, the gravel made a crunching sound every stride he took. Standing outside the door, grabbed the Comlink out of his pocket again and clicked it once, a blaster immediately came to the door. It opened. Stepping inside, Brightstar was the one holding the blaster. "Its good to see you to," Bacardi said with a smirk, he turned around and closed the door, then padlocking it - Brightstar did the rest.

"Bacardi, we are moving out." Hassar said as he came up to Andar, Hassar's tall and slim body was in line with every other body around him and Andar. "You, Rex, and I are going as a team, and Lucky, Sam, and DoomBlade are as well. Load up." Hassar walked away from Bacardi, and Bacardi looked after him. In the distance was two unarmed Seraph-Class Speeders, inexpensive speeders, but able to haul a load. The back turret had been replaced with one passenger seat and a cargo hold. Bacardi was excited. Moving over to the crates again, opening the lid to a crate he reached in and to his surprise came out a DC-15S Blaster Rifle. "Great," he thought, he searched the room again. His eye got caught on a rack of Sniper Rifles, pacing over to the rack he grabbed the once that appealed most to him - the DC-15x Sniper Rifle. Now moving over to the speeders, he loaded his weapons in the hold and after checking that Rex's and Hassar's weapons were in there as well, he shut it.

"Clear?" Brightstar asked the speeders, they all gave a thumbs up and an affirmative nod in reply. Brighstar raised her blaster pistol at the warehouse garage door and took cover behind a barrel, on the other side of the speeders the Falleen and another human trooper did the same with themselves. The door opened and a whoosh of fresh air came in, and as soon as that came in, Hassar hit the speeder's engines and they were out. The other speeder was close behind. The garage door closed in a blink of an eye. Now at the outskirts of the town, the two speeders split. Bacardi, who was sitting in the back seat began to look over his gun as Hassar pounded the engines towards their destination. Giving up on his gun, he cocked his head back up, his hair swaying in the wind. Their destination was straight ahead, over a few hills and rivers. They had to stop about half a kilometer from their target so no one else could find it. Hassar pulled into a patch of brush that concealed the speeder perfectly. Luckystar, Sam, and DoomBlade's speeder had gone the other way, to their target.

"Lets move out," Andar said as he hopped out of the speeder and opened up the cargo hold. Deciding not to bring his DC-15S and x he brought his SSK-7 out of his shoulder holster, his hand still on the cargo hold door. He checked if Rex and Hassar had both gotten their weapons out, Bacardi slammed it shut. Bacardi still in his pinstripe suit was a little bit less lenient to trod in the mud than the others, so insead he took huge strides onto rocks and other things that would keep him from getting his clothes dirty. Now standing outside the target, the sun began to fall and they got on their knees and they began to observe their target. A large collection of stone buildings and wood sheds, equipment littered the place. Two large cultivating trucks sat, off, outside the smallest of the stone buildings. Rex pointed at the trucks and raised his blaster, and he sprang from their hiding spot.

He ran towards the first truck and slid under it. Bacardi stood back and motioned for Hassar to go as well. Hassar sprinted towards the second truck and moved under it. Soundless sparks began to fly out of the trucks as they worked and Bacardi stood guard, his SSK-7 Silenced Blaster Pistol raised at the ready, no one was coming. Rex sprang from his hiding spot and caught cover by the truck, and Hassar did a second later. They both motioned for Andar to come, Andar moved his hands to dodge the bushes and sprang from the hiding spot. He was now alongside Rex, Hassar's footsteps came from behind him as they went farther into the complex. Grassy patches came and went as they moved farther into the complex, no one had stopped them yet.  Rex aimed his blaster rifle towards a door as sounds came from it, Hassar jumped for cover and Bacardi moved by a barrel and raised his SSK-7. Rex slowly paced backwards and moved behind the same barrel as Bacardi, a slightly bulging site from the average bystander. The door opened.

"Well I'll be damned," a man said as the sound of the door opening came to Bacardi's ears. "No one out here on a sunny night, jeeze these people need to get outdoors more." The man's footsteps came closer to Hassar, Bacardi tracked him as he came into sight. He was three paces from Hassar's hiding spot. "What the?" Bacardi sprang, Rex did as well. Rex raised his blaster rifle but Bacardi hit it down, not wanting to attract attention. Bacardi raised his SSK-7 and fired once - it missed. The man turned around and reached for his belt, there was a Blaster Pistol attached to it. Hassar sprang to soon and the man dodged him and at the same time punched him in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. The man had thumbed the blaster's safety and aimed it at Hassar's body that lay on the ground. But Bacardi was a step ahead, he had fired twice, they had yet to hit, they hit. Dead center. The man fell to the ground dead, and with a scream from his dying self - three lights flickered on in the windows that were near the door.

"Go, go, go." Bacardi whispered at Rex, he pulled out a fake New Republic ID of some random joe and threw it on the ground. He motioned for Hassar to go as well. They were all on a sprint now. Bacardi heard voices behind him but didn't dare to look back, they had cleared the stuctures and were now halfway to their speeder, running through patches of mud Bacardi keyed his Comlink: "This is Gamma team to Beta team, mission is a partial success. Retreating from premisses." Bacardi saw the speeder and hopped in the seat, Hassar and Rex were on step ahead of him. Bacardi reached down into the cargo hold and grabbed a Com Headset. He began to flick with the controls.

"*static*...*static*... This is Pemk Co. Security Force, we have a worker by the name of... *static*... down... *static*." Hassar had ignited the engines and they were flying towards their destination, Bacardi keyed the switches again. "*static*... *static*... Anyone out there?" Bacardi gave up and set the Com set down. The speeder flew down a stony road and they were near the garage, the garage automatically opened and to there surprise Lucky, Sam, and Doomblade's speeder was already present. They entered and the garage door closed, they all got out and saluted.

Luckystar walked over and opened her mouth to speak: "What happened, how many were you able to sabotage?" Bacardi, Rex, and Hassar hung there heads in shame. None of them wanting to speak the truth, they had only gotten two trucks, that was close to complete failure. Rex took the initiative and paced forward, most likely in Rex's mind his steps were heavy and he walked one pace. It felt to all three of them like minutes. "Well?" Luckystar spoke, wondering why none of her troopers were speaking a word. Her eyes were filled with wonder at how many they had actually sabotaged.

"Two, we sabotaged two." Bacardi walked away, as did Hassar. They saluted and relieved themselves, both of them heading to a cantina. The only one Bacardi could think of off the top of his head was that restaurant in the hotel lobby, two minutes later - they were there.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

"...To Embrace the Darkness is to Bring out the Light..."

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Cursed/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[EW1][SRP]
[This message has been edited by Bacardi (edited September 1, 2008 9:49:48 PM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Cadet

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  240
Total Posts:  710
September 2, 2008 1:52:22 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright swore up and down and called Andar Bacardi every name she could think of and in every language she knew. Authorities had been notified of a shooting at a local hotel not far out of the warehouse district. Bright sat at the monitoring station and typed like mad, going from monitor to monitor, trying to get the whole story from the spotty reporting that she could find. “I swear if he’s compromised Paladin in anyway I’ll personally hang him.” She said through gritted teeth.

“Want me to check it out?” Maze asked leaning over her shoulder watching one of the monitors. The fallen held an expression pure professionalism. Bright was only slightly envious of it.

“No, I want Paladin to ‘investigate and fix this themselves. It is part of their objectives after all.” Bright said keeping tabs on the two blinking green dots on her modified battle viewer. The green represented Paladin Squad, she kept her eyes on the surrounding area so she might identify possible enemies before they arrived to surprise the squad. Luckystar’s team finished their sabotage objective first, they raced to the garage that Bright had specified while Cursed was away picking his own targets. Bacardi’s team finished shortly after. “Only two but it will be enough and it won’t draw undue suspicion.” She whispered more to herself than to Maze.

“Who’s taking the ‘clean up’ on that one?” Maze asked.

“Bacardi, he and Hassar will ‘offer their assistance’ to the local authorities and they will help with the clean up. They’ll also let it be known or at least imply quietly that they are with the VE. Lucky on the other hand. I want her ’helping’ to investigate the murder of those two in the hotel.” Bright said as she sent those messages through to the appropriate people. “That done we can focus on Blackjack’s safety if only for a day or two.”

“Yeah, We are here for three weeks after all.” Maze said with a grin. “Imagine the calamity we could cause and fix in that amount of time.”

Bright shook her head. “Just as long as it isn’t all bunched together within say a two day period.” The woman went back to work. It would be several hours before she would even think about resting on one of the cots that Maze had set up for them. She had so many things running through her mind right now she wasn’t sure if she was doing the right thing by ignoring the majority of it and just focusing on one thing at a time. Prime on her mind right at that moment was to find her missing trooper.

Jager had neither been seen nor had he reported in. She was worried about him to say the least. Shaking her head she focused on something else. Jori had reported a strange couple that she had found interesting, he’d given her coordinates to check out and that is exactly what she planned on doing. “Maze, take over I’m going to go give this place a good casing.”

“Oh you get all the fun.” The fallen said teasingly. Bright looked at him and raised a brow. “But I’ll be a good boy and stay inside till you get back, Mama.”

“Don’t ever call me Mama again.” Bright said in a serious tone, though her eyes danced with amusement. When you get back you’ll get your own fun.” She said and with that she slipped out the door and disappeared into the shadows till she was far from the hideout that had been provided to them.

OOC:
Ok its a bit shorter than was originally planned but thats do to unforseen posts.
ASL/SGT Brightstar D'Jonoc/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA[SRP]
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Brightstar

Jester Squad

Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  122
Total Posts:  630
September 2, 2008 2:31:07 AM    View the profile of Jager 
The dull drone of freighter engines and the sound of machinery filled the air as Daniel and Jager neared the city's landing pads. Jager was slowly beginning to hate D' and his inane chatter about nothing really in particular, this coupled with the grinding and humming noises that emanated from the pads made Jager's hangover that much worse,

"I thought you said some fresh air would clear my head... I cant even hear myself think" Jager managed to state when D' went to take a breath.

"I did... but, uh.. sorry" was all he could say as he stopped outside a small repair shop.

"Hey Listen, I gotta head into here and pick something up... mind waiting outside?"

"Whatever, just... hurry" Jager grumbled, relieved that he finally had a break in the one sided conversation that started back at Ma's. Taking another cigarette out of the quickly diminishing packet he contemplated his next steps.. He knew that these people were important, that much was obvious... but he had no idea how he was gonna get any information out of them. And what about Bright and the Jesters, if these people were involved with the NR they'd probably be keeping tabs on him and if he suddenly disappeared for a brief period someone might put two and two together and see through Jagers weak, yet passable disguise.

Guess I'll just see where this take me he mumbled to himself,

"Alright, i am done... who were you talking to?" D' asked as he emerged from the shop with to medium sized packages under each arm,

"What's that?" Jager said, raising in eyebrow and motioning towards the packages

"These, starship parts..." D' responded hastily, it was clear that they weren't starship parts.

"You dont have a starship..."

"Did anyone ever tell you that you ask to many questions?"

"Anyone ever tell you that your a terrible liar?", Daniel was clearly starting to sweat

"SHUT UP" he shouted Agitantly, Jager quickly backed off. if he was going to gain these peoples trust this was the wrong way of going about it.

"Right..." Jager sighed, taking another drag on his cigarette, "Where to now?"

"Back to Ma's" D' mumbled as he walked off, still hugging the packages under his arm.

=======

The apartment block was oddly quiet when the two returned, the place seemed even more run down from the street. Daniel hurried upstairs, Jager on the other hand took his sweet time. The moment they entered the apartment D' raced off to one of the rooms and locked the door. Zed was throwing cards aimlessly onto the table and both Jess and Mae were curled up on the couch asleep.

Jager pulled up a chair next to Zed and introduced himself,

"Jager" he stated, holding his hand out

"Name's Zed" he replied, quickly yet lazily shaking Jagers hand. Zed was a big guy, probably 6'5" and buff. He's stature reminded Jager of a few imperials he knew back on Tadath, in fact everything about Zed from the way he looked to his posture to his overall personality seemed to say ex-military.

"There a problem spacer?" Zed said gruffly catching Jager off guard,

"Uh.. no, why?" 

"Your staring at me, listen... I don't swing that way", Jager paused did he just call me..

"no, no no.. that's not what... never mind" Jager stammered, quickly getting to his feet, Zed smirked

"I was just messing with you... In any case, I think Ma' wanted to see you. Back room, knock"

"Thanks" was all he could really say.

========

The door opened before he had a chance to knock,

"Come in, take a seat" Ma's voice offered. Walking in Jager was startled, the room was properly carpeted from wall to wall in a dark red, the walls had wallpaper and a bookcase lined the read wall. Ma' sat behind a large desk with a monitor on it and a few files scattered around. She seemed a farcry from the tired old women who he shared some smokes with on the balcony earlier that day.

"This is nice..." Jager stated in awe.

"Just take the seat," she repeated in a stern manner. Jager sat down slowly, this could be some sort of trick after all

"By now, i think you've already figured out that something is going on with my little family... Am i right?"

Jager simply nodded, she seemed a bit pissed and Jager wasnt about push her,

"Well, you have a choice... We either continue here, or I have Zed escort you to the nearest spaceport and you leave the planet"

"In other words, Zed'll take me to a dark alley somewhere and off me?" Jager corrected her, smirking sarcastically. She returned the smirk,

"Well.... yes, that's one way to put it.", Again Jager paused... this entire thing stunk, and he knew if he accepted it that there would be no backing out.

"Alright, I am in" he stated

"I can tell you a few things, its better that no one know the whole picture..." she began, "Have you ever heard of a group called 'Chaos'?"

Jager shook his head, "Cant say I have... Sounds New republic"

"You'd be right on that one... This little 'Family' is an active cell for Chaos"

Jager mentally began pumping his fist in the air, "So... what do you guys do?"

Ma' shook her head, "All in due time".

"So where do i fit into this, i mean... you've only just met me" Jager questioned, it seemed a bit odd that he was just plucked off the street and offered this,

"To tell you the truth, it was never my choice... Zed seems to like you, Same with D' and Jess..."

"Thats not the question, Why me?"

Ma' paused and sighed, "Necessity... the local security force got a lead on one of the our members and he killed himself in their custody. A functional cell needs four members, you'd be the fourth"

"Sounds fair enough... how do you know I'am not part of the KSF though?" Jager queried

"Jager, the KSF are nothing but thugs... they would of killed us the moment they got a hint of NR involvement. And the fact that you are an off-worlder adds to that. The KSF don't trust off-worlders, and they don't use them as agents"

"Cant argued with that logic" Jager stated sarcastically

"Of course, I dont trust you fully either...." She finished, shooting Jager a cold stare, "If i ever think your not who you say you are... no one will ever hear of you again"

"If you thought that, I wouldn't be here..." Jager corrected as he got up and left the room.

Back in the living room things hadnt changed much D' was still locked in his room, Jess and Mae were still alseep and Zed was still playing his card game. Again Jager pulled a seat up,

"How'd it go?" Zed asked, still focusing on his card game

"I'am joining"

"Welcome aboard then Spacer" Zed replied, handing Jager a few cards.
Jester Squad
TRN/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
==Always the Leader, Never the led==
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited September 2, 2008 3:03:50 AM)]
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  56
September 2, 2008 2:41:29 AM    View the profile of Cursed 
OOC:
Suit (right) is the one I am wearing, or close to something like it
Bacardi sat on his hotel room bed, his shirt, jacket, shoes, pants, everything but his underwear was stripped onto the ground. His fresh suit sat in its folded formation on the bed, along with his necktie and his SSK-7 Silenced heavy blaster pistol. Putting on his clothes piece by piece, he hesitated to put his jacket on, first he reached into his side table drawer and pulled out his shoulder holster. Sliding his pistol into it he strapped it around his shoulder straps, and then placed his tie on, then finally he put his jacket on. A double knock at the door made Bacardi look up from what he was doing, moving over to the door he peeped through the peeophole, it was Hassar in a similar suit, except he was wearing a grey pinstripe suit with a green necktie. Opening the door Hassar came strolling on in.

"Here you go," Hassar said, reaching his arm out with a Kolstor Security badge in hand. Bacardi pulled it from Hassar's hand and gently attached ID to his jacket pocket. "Silencers off as well," Hassar said, pulling his SSK-7 from his shoulder holster and he began to screw off his silencer. As did Bacardi. Their silencers dropped to the floor and Bacardi leaned down to pick them up, snatching them off the ground Bacardi flung them onto his bed. "Com chatter has picked up that the Kolstor Security Forces are not coming till dawn, this gives us 7 hours to get there. As its night, we should probably wait till the morning. But then we would lose our position, therefore-" Bacardi cut him off.

"Therefore we must go now and pretend like there was a change of plans." Bacardi said and Hassar nodded. They both exited the hotel room and closed the door. Moving over to an elevator they hit the down arrow, and they were greeted by the elevator a short second later. Moving down to the lobby, there speeder was waiting for them outside. Hassar had a credit chip in hand, and when the valet came up to shake his hand they both exchanged thank yous and credits. Bacardi took passenger, and Hassar took front. Bacardi reached into the glove box and pulled out two ear pieces, giving one to Hassar they both pushed them into their ears.

"This is base to convoy," a Falleen's voice came through the Com. "Someone has gotten bright a little pissed off, anyway, I am tracking your movements and when you need direction. Tell me." The Falleen finished, and Bacardi ended the com by a three click code. Their Seraph-Class Speeder moved speedily across the terrain, and in no time they had reached their destination. "Welcome to your destination."

"Thank you," Bacardi said, pulling out a glow rod and getting out of the speeder, he tossed the glow rod to Hassar and then ended the com. "And here we are," Bacardi said, looking at the complex again. Then at his own self, he was convincing enough. Moving towards the complex he hit his earpiece, "Convoy to base you mind giving me a feed to the complex?" This was answered with static and then a 'beep'. "Complex this is Agent-" Bacardi forgot his name, he forgot his name. Looking down at his card in a split second he saw it: Hoister. "-Hoister with the Kolstor Security Force, we are here to inspect the damage given to your Complex, do you read me, over?"

"We read you loud and clear Agent Hoister, we will open the front gates for you now." Bacardi and Hassar stopped outside the complex, and the gates opened with a flash of strobe lights. Both of them shielded their eyes as the lights dimmed and three men stepped forward. "Good evening, Agents."

"Hello, this is my partner Agent Trelevyan and I am Agent Hoister. We are here to inspect the damage on your given property." The man nodded and brought them to the trucks they had just sabotaged earlier. "Agent Trelevyan, please shine the light under the truck." Bacardi asked Hassar as he slid under the truck. The way Rex had damaged it was to split the two gas conduits so that they couldn't connect to the engine, easy enough to fix. He gently slid the two wires together and asked for a hydrospanner, grabbing the hydrospanner he pulled out a few more wires and tangled them all together. Coming out from under the car he asked: "Give 'er some gas." The truck worked, Hassar then did the same thing to the other truck.

"Now, may we please take a look at the deceased?" The man nodded with a gloomy facial expression. He took them to were Bacardi had shot him, and they both looked down at the surprised face. Hassar looked down at the wounds and said: "Ah, S-5 Blaster bolts. You can tell by the edging on the outside of the trajectory," Hassar was milking the crowd. "New Republic grade weapon."

"We will send a team out in the morning to pick him up, again, we are very sorry for your loss. If there is anything the KSF can do, just give them us a call." Bacardi and Hassar left the complex, and headed back.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  280
Total Posts:  2159
September 2, 2008 3:17:32 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates was kneeling on the roof of the hotel. He'd been there for several hours. He had a spotter's scope that he occasionally peered through, looking at the streets and alleys around their hotel. He also had a datapad on the lip of the building, which was keyed into the security cameras of the hotel.

Gates and Orobos had set it up earlier. No one expected a big, hairy, being, that frankly looked primitive, to be a brain. Even less would they expect a tall, earnest-looking young man to be in cahoots with such a person. This helped when Gates talked to the female clerk whilst Orobos hacked into their computers.

The bigger stormtrooper had finished, given Gates a quick nod. The human wrapped up his going-nowhere conversation and walked away. The clerk had been hanging on his every word.

"Nice," Orobos said sarcastically. "I didn't know you were such a charmer."

"Hey, I can read that romantic crap I get from my cousins when I'm not blowing shit up or killing people."

"Wait, you actually read that stuff?!"

"Skimmed it. What?"

The other left the elevator shaking his head. Gates shrugged, continued to the roof, where he set up the watch outpost. A spotter scope, his datapad, and a sidearm were all he needed, and a packet of smokes if someone came up. He had proximity sensors to watch his back.

After an hour or so, Gates' comlink buzzed; it was one of his squadmates.

"Gates, this is Helena. You're relieved. Take all your gear with you; no one can see in this darkness."

"Yes ma'am."

He packed up his spotter's scope, slid it into his jacket; the datapad was turned off.

He wiped the dirt off his pants and walked down the stairs.

Garryll stopped at the hotel suites, dropped off the datapads and scopes. He then turned to leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" asked Inyk, who'd been reading something.

"Smoke." he rattled the box of cigarettes.

The other nodded. Gates went downstairs. He left the building, going into a nearby semi-lit park. He lit up a cigarette.

He was just about to put it into his mouth when someone screamed.

"God damn it. Just when I was about to get some peace and quiet."

He stubbed out the smoke, crushed it with his heel, and sprinted towards the scream.

He turned a corner and saw this; a trio of masked thugs smashing into a convenience store; the lady behind the counter was screaming as one pointed a gun at her.

Gates sighed. He took off again, running quickly and silently, and body-slammed the first man into the sidewalk. He fell unconscious when his head hit the sidewalk. Gates pried his gun from his grasp, fired a shot into the legs of the next thief.

The last turned, arm hooked around the clerk, using her as a human shield. Gates lowered his gun, dove to the side, barely dodging several laser blasts.

They chewed apart a bench. Gates threw the now-useless gun at the robber; it hit him in the face. He let go of the girl. Gates smashed into him, giving him a good clubbing.

Several cops showed up. "Perfect timing." Gates muttered.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

I love having the moral high ground. You make a great target up there - Han Solo

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Forward! And Fear not Pain nor Death!

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  56
September 3, 2008 3:43:32 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Going through all the equipment was a long task, but Jori had to pick out something.

I need a sniper rifle of some kind, some pretty good macrobinoculars, a blaster pistol, and possibly a speeder or swoop. Now let’s see…

As Jori was picking through everything, he was startled when the speeders started up. Wildly looking around as he ducked for cover, he figured out that it was Paladin. Relaxing, he continued his search.

The thing I would need most would be the sniper rifle. There’s one over there.

Spotting a sophisticated rifle and hurrying over to it, he identified it as a TI-47 Deathwind Slugthrower Sniper Rifle. Next, he looked for some macrobinoculars. After grabbing some, he looked around for a pistol, but he spotted something so much better.

I didn’t think they would have one. Wow! Its amazing.

Gingerly picking the chaingun up, Jori amired it. He looked it over and then balanced it on one hand and looked appreciatively at it. Putting it to his shoulder, he aimed it and was happy with what he saw and felt.

Jeez. This is one of the best chainguns ever made. This mysterious contact must be rich to be able to afford this. I wonder if I will get to keep it...

Itching to try it out, he held it in the crook of his arm with the macrobinocs hanging around his neck and the sniper rifle hanging on a sling on his shoulder, and moved near the garage door as the speeders moved out.

Well… there goes my speeder. I might as well not worry about that. Moving on foot is much quieter.

Looking around for their temporary SL, Jori spotted her heading out the door. He presumed she was going to check out the coordinates that he had given her. Deciding to follow along in case she needed backup, he made a move toward the door. He was a few steps away when Maze, who had apparently saw him and figured out what he was going to do, jumped in front of him.

“Now where do you think you’re going?” Maze asked.

“If you want to know, I was going to go and provide backup for Bright in case she needed it.” Jori asked, stepping back a few feet.

“I don’t think she would appreciate backup. She kind of had the impression of wanting to do this herself. And besides, if someone like you could handle them, what trouble would they give her?” Maze said kiddingly.

The playful insult was ignored and Jori stepped back and placed the weapons on the floor, expecting to stay for a little while. Looking around, Jori started taking mental inventory. Getting a bright idea, he whipped out his datapad and started writing it down. After a long while, he was finally done.

There we go. Hmmm… I might need to organize it.

With that thought still fresh in his head, Jori started the organization. He put them into categories based on type of weapon/armor/other and then alphabetically. Soon he was done and he sat down to wait for something else to do.
Private Jori Lekrif
[This message has been edited by Jori (edited September 3, 2008 3:46:07 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jori (edited September 3, 2008 4:30:39 PM)]
Helena
ComNet Initiate

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  129
Total Posts:  508
September 4, 2008 2:38:01 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena heard her comlink buzz frantically; she panicked and didn’t hesitate to pick up.
It was Gates.

“Helena, there’s cops here, there was a robbery and I need back up. There are several of them and I can’t keep them occupied for long” He whispered in his own comlink.

“What hold on, what happened?” She questioned.

“I just witnessed a robbery, no time for chatter... CHHH” the comlink ended.

Helena smirked to her self, tossing an old badge from the NR she had found on one of her travels, around in the air.

I have plans for you little guy.

She hurried off to the street; it wasn’t far, so Gates didn’t have to occupy them long.  The sound of distant chatter meant Helena was close.

“Right Gates, I’m nearby, don’t let them notice I’m here, I have a plan, once I give you the okay, you can show them the bodies, up until then, keep them talking. Knowing you, you’ll think of something” She whispered into the comlink, trying not to be heard.

The broken glass shards from the windows where they had broken in were scattered across the pavement, the shops contents and packages were opened and smashed. Gates nodded towards one of the police men, and told them to gather round him and the clerk, as if he was about to leak some deadly information. Taking the opportunity, Helena quickly rushed to one of the unconscious body’s which seemed vulnerable and searched his pockets; she took his wallet, and pocket knife, along with a few other items he seemed to be carrying.

I’ll be taking that thank you.

She smirked to herself before putting the badge deep into the mans pocket. She quickly but silently crept away, making sure she was hidden in a nearby bush.

“All set, you may show them now” Helena gave off a slightly evil giggle before sitting back and watching the event unfold.
Lance Corporal Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

BlackJackSquad
ASL/LCPL Helena/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP]
[This message has been edited by Helena (edited September 5, 2008 6:07:25 AM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  282
September 4, 2008 3:10:56 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Helena gave her quick orders. Gates had to improvise, and he had only moments to lose.

He flashed through the many personas he could impersonate; the Imperial Jackass, the smartass, the dutiful, the intelligent, the trigger happy nut he occasionally was...

"Geez officers, good thing you showed up. I thought this was going to mean paper work for me!" Gates said, choosing the comic from his arsenal.

"Yes, and who are you?" asked a middle-aged officer, all spit and polish.

"Oh yes, me. I'm an Imperial soldier. I'm with the diplomatic envoy."

"Oh really?" asked the other cop snidely.

"Batten down, junior. He might have saved your ass from a firefight."

Gates shrugged. "Here's my ID if you want it."

He showed the military-issue ID; the cop took a quick look at it, nodded.

The clerk timidly walked past the unconscious body of a criminal. The man twitched. She shrieked.

"Lady! Calm down, please!" the younger cop hastened to help her.

She calmed. Gates spied Helena around a corner, loitering for her chance.

He continued his turn, walking towards the clerk. The older cop came with her.

"T-t-thank you," the girl said timidly, nearly bursting into tears.

"Welcome. Didn't we come by earlier to buy some food and such? Maybe a big hairy guy?"

"Yes- there was an alien bigger than you, hairy. Is he a friend of yours?"

"Quite. But-" Gates made a show of looking around. He gestured to gather closer.

"We only bought a small bit- some coffee, a few smokes. I think- and this is just speculation - that it could have been the New Republic."

"No way!" whispered the younger cop.

Gates opened his mouth to counter, but the older cop beat him to it.

"I've seen what the New Republic can do. They caused quite the ruckus when they took down the Emperor- the war drags on! And I've heard reports of whole Imperial settlements - and even just people who associated with Imperials- discriminated against or even killed!"

Gates nodded - "A couple weeks back, on some op, we got radio chatter saying that a New Republic officer killed a dozen scientists to get at one Imperial soldier! Executed in cold blood."

Gates, in his peripheral vision, saw Helena sprint up to a body, remove its pockets, and stick something in - probably damming evidence for the New Republic.

"They could have hit it themselves- or hired proxies- to hit this place just because a couple of my mates got a few smokes here."

"That's awful!" said the young cop and the clerk at the same time.

"All set, you may show them now" Helena whispered into Gates' earbud.

"If you want, I'll watch the store for the rest of the night," offered Gates, trying hard to be a good Imperial and foster some good will for his cause. Hopefully, in a wave of gratitude, they'd both decline the offer and get on with their jobs.

"Wouldn't want to bother you.We'll monitor the situation here."

Suckers he thought quietly to himself.

"Good luck, officers."

"Thanks, Imperial."

The younger cop walked over to the bodies and slapped stun cuffs on them. Gates helped the clerk over to the cops' car and walked back to the hotel. He glimpsed the cops ruffling through the criminals' pockets, and the younger one pulling what looked like a NR badge from a pocket and showing his buddy.

He met Helena in the lobby. "Good distraction!" She muttered as they walked towards the elevator.

"Good job yourself, boss. Whaddya get off of them anyway?"

"Some money, pocket knife, some other personall effects. All accounted for. The New Republic is going to be in one hot fire."

"Hell yes!"

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

I love having the moral high ground. You make a great target up there - Han Solo

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited September 4, 2008 3:14:50 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited September 4, 2008 3:15:15 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited September 4, 2008 3:15:39 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1408
Total Posts:  3440
September 4, 2008 3:20:05 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
In the warehouse, Lucky picked out her weapons carefully. She took an SS-K7, a DC-15 Blaster Pistol which she holstered inside her dark suit jacket and some spare clips and a silencer. She looked at the binoculars, debating whether to grab  a pair or not. In the end, she did take one and slid them into a concealed pocket in her jacket.

Once Bright opened the door, she immediately jumped into the Speeder and took the controls as Sam and NoVa jumped in after her. They sped away, heading to their target area and getting to work. She knew that Brightstar was watching their every move and that comforted her in a way for an unknown reason.

Once they had reached their target, their sabotage operations immediately went underway and soon, they had completed their task and hopped back on the speeder only to stop a short while later at a rendezvous point the squad had given themselves once their task was complete.

While they waited, they sat in the speeder in silence, someone occasionally tried to make small talk with everyone else but after realizing that it wasn't working, they resumed their dead silence as they waited for Bacardi and the rest of the squad to join them.

When the trio arrived, they all looked disappointed. After Lucky had queried a few times on how they did, Bacardi spoke up  "We only managed to get 2." She had to admit that was disappointing news, but they would do better next time around.

"Let's get back to the hotel then, I assume that we will be getting new instructions shortly."

Hopping back on their speeders, they zoomed back to the warehouse, making sure they were not being followed and close to an hour later, they were all in the hotel lobby.

When they got there , it was buzzing with activity, through hearing gossip and asking a few innocent questions, they got all the details on the murder, all of which they already knew of course but they didn't want to blow their cover.

When she got to her room and had shut the door, she got a message on her data pad from Brightstar. She and her team had to investigate the murders in the hotel. that would be done in the morning as they were all drained and were in desperate need of some rest.

OOC:
Cursed, could you edit your posts to exclude Wrex and DoomBlade as Wrex is in reserves and  DoomBlade is AWOL and include Alan on your team instead please and thank you.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  843
Total Posts:  1795
September 4, 2008 5:28:16 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
OOC:
Cursed, please don't edit your posts to include me in as this is my opening post introducing me to Kolstor and the story

In one of the quietest, loneliest regions of space sat a freighter.  Onboard was one occupant, Alan.  Once he was a Sergeant in the Vast Empire Army and the squad leader of Iron Horse, now just a man, out to make a living.  He had often thought back on his days within the Army, there had been a lot of good times, great times in fact and there had been bad times, the loss of friends and comrades.

Alan moved into the main compartment of his old Corellian freighter and sat down at his communications station.  He had thought long and hard over what he was about to do and now he felt it was time.  He tapped several buttons on the console and after several minutes a face appeared on the display screen.

“Can I help you?” queried an officer wearing an Imperial uniform.

“Patch me through to Major General Rizzit BlackHeart” replied Alan.

“One moment” replied the officer, and with that the display screen turned black.

It seemed like an eternity before the display screen crackled back to life and there in front of Alan was the distinctive and familiar face of Rizzit.

“Alan, my god man, is that you?” queried Rizzit.

Alan smiled and replied “sure is Sir”.

“What the devil can I do for you?” queried Rizzit, “are you ready to come back?”

Alan gazed at the screen and knew that his next few words would dictate the course of his life but he also knew that he was ready “yes I am, if you’ll have me”.

Rizzit laughed and replied “consider it done, come on home and welcome back”.

“Thank you Sir” replied Alan as the screen crackled and Rizzit’s face faded away.  Alan moved quickly to the cockpit and entered in the co-ordinates of Tadath.  He took one last look out into the emptiness of space before pulling down a lever.  The stars streaked past as the ship hurtled into hyperspace.

Tadath, Alan had thought he would never see or set foot on it again.  Now here he was, back once more.  I wonder where I will be stationed pondered Alan as he docked on the orbital platform and made his way back to his apartment.  Although he had never thought of returning, Alan had made sure he had held onto his orbital apartment and had left his trusty “Betty” droid to take care of it.

The door to his apartment slid open and immediately he was targeted by his sentry guards.  Alan waved his hand at the super battle droids and they lowered their weapons.  Then it struck him, a hideous noise emanated around the room.  What the hell thought Alan as he stared around at his apartment which was in a hideous state.  It looked like it had not been cleaned and that it had had numerous parties without any form of tidy up.  Then from the kitchen area strolled in Alan’s “Betty” droid singing along to whatever form of music was going on.

The “Betty” droid noticed Alan and stopped dead in her tracks.  She quickly got hold of her senses and rushed over and hastily turned off the music before saying “welcome home Sir, I wasn’t expecting you”.

“Obviously” replied Alan as he looked at the state of the place “what was that hideous noise?”

“Well Sir that was” said Alan’s droid.

“No, never mind” replied Alan, not letting his droid finish, “just get this room tidied up will you”

“Yes Sir, at once Sir” replied Alan’s droid as she shuffled off to tidy up.

Moving over to his desk Alan noted that there were several messages on his computer.  He called them up to find out what they were.  Reading though the messages he discovered that he had been assigned to Paladin squad which was still under the command of Platoon Sergeant Luckystar.  Lucky pondered Alan, he had never once forgotten about her or Paladin, it was like he was returning home.  Reading further he noted that the squad had already departed for Kolstor.  Alan also read that the orders were for civilian clothes only and that weapons would be provided for them on the planet.

Hmm, pondered Alan as he read the last part.  His boot lashed out and hit the main part of his computer system.  The screen fizzled and died.  Damn thought Alan to himself I wonder what that last part was all about as still dressed in civilian clothes he strapped on his gun belt and holstered his DL-44 Heavy Blaster pistol.

“I’m leaving for Kolstor” said Alan, “I want this place tidied up by the time I get back.  Oh and get someone from maintainance over, I think there's something wrong with this console”.  Alan never waited for a response but knew that his droid was certainly in a flutter.  Noticing his astromech droid, Alan nodded and the droid started following as Alan left his apartment and headed back towards his freighter.  Alan had never found a use for the trusty astromech but he decided why not take him.  You never knew when he could come in handy.

It was a long and uneventful trip to Kolstor in Alan’s freighter but he was glad when the trip was finally at an end.  En-route, he had learned that Paladin were stationed in a hotel and Alan knew that he was looking forward tp seeing Lucky and being rejoined with Paladin, even though apart from Lucky and Sam he would not know anyone else.

Arriving at the hotel, Alan soon made arrangements for his own accommodation and he also found out what room Lucky was in.  He hastily made his way to her room and knocked.  The door opened and there she stood, just as beautiful as he had always remembered her.

“Alan!” exclaimed Lucky as she threw her arms around him.

“Lucky” replied Alan as he smiled and hugged her back.

“I never thought I’d see you again, what are you doing here?” queried Lucky

Alan handed her a datapad and she read though it and smiled.  She soon found out that not only had Alan suddenly appeared at her door but that he had rejoined the Vast Empire army and had been assigned to her squad, to Paladin.

“Welcome home” said Lucky after she had read it.  “Listen, I’m bushed, we can catch up soon but right now I need some rest.  I want you to join up with Cursed tomorrow”.

“No problems” replied Alan, “sleep well”.

With that Alan say goodnight and headed off to his room, he wondered what Cursed and the rest of the squad were like and what the next few days would bring for him and the rest of the squad. 

It’s good to be back thought Alan as he lay on his bed and drifted off to sleep.
TRP/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited September 4, 2008 5:39:50 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1354
Total Posts:  1884
September 4, 2008 10:02:32 PM    View the profile of Kami 
“Another drink?”

Kami jumped from where she had situated herself near the buffet table to catch a breath. She turned to see the dark gaze of the NR delegate Jon Orquis. Her lethargic state immediately vanished,

“No thank you. I think I've had enough.”

“Suit yourself,” Orquis delicately grasped a long stemmed flute of champagne, stepping sidewards and effectively pinning Kami in place, “You look like you're enjoying yourself, but I know better. These kind of assignments are much more wearing than those on the battlefield don't you think?”

Kami forced herself to remain calm, schooling her face into a neutral expression. This man, despite his easy smile and clean cut attire, was her enemy, “Actually, I'm having a great time. The people of Kolstor are most hospitable.”

Orquis frowned, the clear cut reaction a sign that the alcohol provided at the luncheon had hit its mark. For someone who had spent the last few hours carefully picking his conversations and avoiding Kami and Vasili, he had grown bold enough to confront her.

“Jon!” The other NR official was abruptly at Kami's shoulder, one hand latching possessively onto her companion's arm, “I''ve been looking all over for you!”

Orquis's frown deepened at the obvious anger in his partner's stance, “I was just getting a drink.” The woman, Mika Saprin if Kami remembered correctly, looked pointedly over her shoulder. Kami followed her gaze to see Ardric Riles watching them, an anxious expression on his face. Orquis seemed to give in, his shoulders dipping as he sighed and took a large swig from his glass, “But of course, duty calls.”

He turned, walking back towards the dancefloor, leaving Saprin in his wake. The other NR delegate turned on Kami, her words icy, “You do our job. We'll do ours. Leave Jon alone.”

Despite herself, Kami smiled. Possessive indeed. And on a first name basis.

Mistaking the gesture as a challenge, Saprin scowled, storming off to rejoin the Chief Minister and her partner.

“Making friends are we Kami?” Cyneques walked up, deftly depositing a fresh glass in Kami's hand. He waved away the beginning of her protest, “You've done the hard yards now, most of the ministers have already made up their minds.”

“And?” Kami questioned, her eyes still following Ardric as he led the NR duo away.

“We have more friends than we originally thought,” Luan's voice was softer now, even though they were in a relatively secluded spot, “Though whatever additional support your men can scrounge up will be most welcome.”

“Give them time, they'll do their job,” Kami answered, the mention of the other VE forces causing a spike of anxiety to flare up in her chest. What she would give to be out there with them.

Cyneques offered an understanding smile, “You burden yourself with your thoughts. Care for a dance?”

“Maybe later,” Kami apologized, “I should really go and track down my wayward date.”

Cyneques let out a snort of laughter, “Best of luck. Last I saw he was in the company of a virtual gaggle of young ladies.”

Cursing under her breath, Kami gripped her drink tightly and swept off into the milling crowd.

Ardric Riles pulled Mika aside as she emerged from the ladies bathroom, leading her down a small corridor and onto a wrought iron balcony overlooking the dance floor. The Sergeant allowed herself to be led, pulling herself free of his grip only when they had reached their destination, “What is it?”

“I've just received some strange reports,” Ardric hissed at her, “Unmarked men, moving about the streets at will. They're not locals, and their behavior is extremely circumspect.”

“We already talked about this Minister,” Saprin still seemed disgruntled from her run in with the VE Sergeant moments before, “You and I both knew that the Vast Empire would have a hidden agenda whilst on planet. As we ourselves do.”

“You were supposed to be monitoring them, stopping them from doing...whatever it is they're doing!” Riles paused, lowering his voice to an acceptable level, “I have far too much riding on this deal for it to all go wrong now. And Sharpe and Cyneques now have far too many allies for my liking.”

“Politics is your arena Minister, not mine,” Saprin bit back, “We'll deal with Sharpe and her men. You control your party, you are, after all, their leader are you not?”

Riles growled deep in his throat, “It's not that simple, and you know it.”

Saprin sighed, “Look, I'm sorry, but I need to go and find Jon. He's had too much to drink and he could embarrass himself.”

Riles nodded and Mika swept past back into the corridor, forsaking her usual farewell in her haste. He thought for a moment, contemplating all possible actions. Finally, he raised his comm and keyed it over to a private channel. Rasta, the head of his personal security force answered immediately,

“Yes sir?”

“I want Sharpe and the other one killed,” Riles ordered calmly, “A speeder accident or something equally as discreet. We don't want to anger the Vast Empire.”

There was a momentary pause, “Of course sir.”

“Contact me when it's done.”
Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe
Jester Squad

FSKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  126
September 5, 2008 1:11:28 AM    View the profile of Jager 
Zed and Jager sat quietly on the roof opposite one of the city's most prominent apartment buildings, The Skyline apartments. Ma' had placed the pair on surveillance on whoever lived in the penthouse for the past two days, but she didn't tell them who it was or why they were doing it. As she said when both Zed and Jager asked her, "No one gets the full picture".

"Got any idea yet?" Jager asked with a sigh. Zed simply shook his head,

"I am going with either someone in Politics, or someone in the KSF"

"Why is that?"

"He's always wearing a holster, and the KSF are guarding the front door."  Zed finished, passing the binoculars over to Jager,

"Should we really be messing with the KSF?," Jager queried, "I mean, they are practically a small army.. and were just a five man cell"

"There are more cells you know..." Zed stated, taking two cans of water out of his bag and throwing one to Jager,

This fact should of been obvious to Jager, but he was still a bit taken by it "More then one?... how many?" 

Zed shrugged, "I am guessing around ten... but for all i know they could only be two or three.. or maybe one hundred"

"...what would Chaos do with one hundred cells?" Jager asked whilst he opened the can,

"Recruitment, fund raising, propaganda, information collection... doesn't matter in the end, i am still getting paid"

Jager paused, "Wait.. your getting paid?"

Zed seemed surprised, "I saw you sizing me up back in the apartment... do you think someone such as myself would join up with a group like Chaos?"

"I am confused... why would Ma' let a freelancer join?"

"I've known Ma' for a long time now... back when she first picked up Mae, which was back before this whole Chaos thing really got off the ground. So, one day she heard i was looking for work and gave me a call"

"Are you here for the long haul?, or just on a job-by-job basis?" Jager asked, intrigued at the fact that Zed wasn't as diehard as he had first assumed,

"Job-by-Job... they pay on time and well, and i get free accommodation"

Before the conversation could continue the Comm-link that Ma' had given the pair cracked into life,

"Z, Spacer... the apartment, fifteen minutes" was all the Ma' said, both men double tapped their Comm's in acknowledgment.

====================

The apartment had been completely gutted, the couches and tables had all be removed and the windows had been covered up. In a sense the apartment had been transformed into a briefing and ready room. The two men entered and quickly took seats  on some fold out chairs that were setup.

After a few minutes Ma' emerged from her office with a briefcase and holoprojector.

"Good, your all here..." She said, placing the holoprojector on the ground and activating it, the image that appeared was the plans to an apartment building, and on closer inspection Jager recognized it as the Skyline apartments.

"We've been given the go ahead to commence operations" she stated confidently, "These are the plans to the Skyline apartments," She began pointing to the projection, "Our target is the occupant of the twentieth floor penthouse. He is the current head of the Kolstor Security force, Major Til Selto. He is also loyal to the Empire."

Jager cut in, "Hold up... This is suicide, he's the head of the KSF we're..." he didn't have a chance to finish before Ma' continued,

"If you'd let me finish... with information and support given to us by very credible and reliable sources this mission will be simple. That is of course, if you all play your parts."

Zed raised his hand, "Who's going to be the gunmen?"

Ma' smirked, "You and Jager will be entering the apartment and taking out Selto... that is unless someone has a problem with it.." she stated, shooting a glance over at Jager,

He knew he was in deep, and if he began having second thought about the mission they would probably kill him.

"No problem here..." he muttered,

"Good... Now our source has given us approximately ten minutes before the KSF arrive at the apartment building, But by then we should all be long gone."

Ma' continued with her briefing, filling in D' and Jess on their jobs. Jager zoned out... He was going to directly involved with killing the head of the KSF with no plausible way out. Then it hit him, what if he let Zed kill Selto... then when they had regrouped with Ma' down the track he could hand them over to the KSF along with their source of information.

The entire plan seemed to perfect though, just hump it to the penthouse, shoot Selto then run... He's the head of the security force, but then again Ma' seemed confident about it and if Jager and the others were captured he could probably get out by revealing he was infiltrating the cell in an attempt to get to Chaos.

In any case, he had to contact someone from Jester... but with Ma' having them locked up in the apartment that idea was looking next to impossible.

"Jager..." Ma' shouted agitantly, "Pay attention.."

"Sorry, I was just... nevermind, sorry"

Ma' sighed, "Alright... that's it, we move at 2200 tomorrow night, get some sleep..."
Jester Squad
Helena
ComNet Initiate

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  136
September 5, 2008 5:36:03 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Both Gates and Helena walked into the elevator, giggling away at each other.

“Good work there Gates, I mean that” She smiled.

“Thank you, Now are you going to push the floor button or not?” He smirked, looking at Helena who seemed to be in a world of her own, finger hovering over the button.

“Uh, yes, sorry about that”

They both waited a few floors in the elevator, listening to the highly annoying elevator music.

“Seriously, who comes up with this crap?”

They both laughed before feeling a slight judder as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. As they both stepped out, they exchanged a quick smile before heading off to their rooms.

“I bid you a farewell until the morning then” She smiled lightly.

“Indeed” He saluted, before turning his back on her and heading off in the other direction.

Each of the squad members rooms were close, just so Tanus and herself could keep and watchful eye on things.

The rooms weren’t posh or high class by any standards. Helena dug into her pocket for the entrance card; she swiped it to let herself in. Her room contained one double bed, a random chair in the corner, a rotten downed dresser and a stale smelling bathroom. She was rather disgusted at the fact she didn’t even get complimentary soaps or bathrobes.

She emptied her pockets out onto the dresser’s surface. She smiled to herself as she placed the knife, wallet, and other things out in a neat line. She began rummaging through the wallet, examining the cards it contained and the money the person had on them. It wasn’t a lot, but Helena wasn’t that bothered, it was money to her.

She sat on the edge of the dampened down bed, with stained sheets, and pulled out her datapad. She typed a message out to all squad members to meet in the lobby in the morning at 0900 sharp.

She gazed out to the window, daydreaming into the city lights, before finally drifting off to sleep.
Lance Corporal Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

BlackJackSquad
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  349
Total Posts:  535
September 5, 2008 1:30:24 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos walked on inside the hotel as Garryll stepped outside. He turned to the kitchens.

"Sorry sir can I help you?"

Orobos turned around and saw the receptionist looking at him quizzically.

"Eh, no I'm ok," Orobos said and made to walk into the kitchens,

"Well the kitchens are for........... guests," the man said looking at him nervously

This time Orobos ignored him and walked into the kitchen at which point the chef a tall skinny man with a Gaunt face turned to face him.

"What is this?" the man said with a thick, crisp accent,

"I was wondering if you could help me find something. It's a particular brand."

Orobos stared out over a large barren field of pure white snow. Spear clutched in hand he knelt staring waiting the rest of his group stretched out beside him. Suddenly it loomed up out of the darkness, a massive growling beast. It opened it's jaws. And beeped at him. It continued beeping. Confused Orobos moved forward raising his spear.

Orobos opened his eyes, the world blearily coming into focus. he looked over to his right. His bed was there. He looked to his right where his datapad was sitting on the table beeping with a bottle and glass sitting next to it. He reached over and tapped the screen of the datapad. He lifted his head and stared at the clock which read three minutes to nine in the morning.

Surpirsed I'm not up earlier, Orobos thought looking at how high the sun was in the sky. He turned to the bottle on the table. I don't remember bringing this. Picking the bottle up he stuffed the stopper back in it and set it down. He reached and grabbed his belt clipping it on.

Orobos turned and moved quickly to the door, opening it he watched as Tanus and Helena were halfway down the stairs. He closed the door behind him and quickly followed almost falling head first down the stairs and the thick ruffled rug. He straightened himself and continued down the stairs. The squad stood assembled and followed his progress down the stairs.

"And here we all are. Now received a bit of info. The New Republic embassy. It has guards patrolling the grounds twenty four seven with shifts every couple of hours or so. Well, at least since we got here."

Tanus paused in the middle of this and stared over at the receptionist behind his desk who stood watching them. The squad looked at the man who retreated into one of the back rooms quickly.

"Anyway. You get the picture. We are going to coordinate a quick strike against them and cause a bit of trouble."

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited September 7, 2008 7:59:32 AM)]
Verkur
ComNet Initiate

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  179
Total Posts:  272
September 5, 2008 10:46:12 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
***0600, Tadath***

Verk’s eyes popped open from the turbulence caused by re-entry of the Tadath atmosphere. Shaking the sleep from his head he grabbed the controls of his Belbullab-22, taking it out of autopilot. It had been a good month and a half since Verk had last set his eyes on the planet of Tadath, home to the army of the Vast Empire. As he smiled to himself and readjusted the controls, Verk headed the shuttle towards the landing pads, hoping to find a familiar face and get back into the groove of things.

The comm. Buzzed slightly, “Unidentified craft, you are entering restricted airspace. Please state your name and purpose or be shot down.” The robotic voice said over the shuttles comm.

Verk shook his head, “This is Corporal Verkur returning from leave.”  He said over the comm.

There was silence for a moment before a human voice came over the comm.

“Welcome back Corporal. Proceed to landing pad B9. An escort will be waiting for you there.”

“Much appreciated, out.” Verk sighed to himself and clicked off the comm., heading towards the designated landing pad.

Verk landed the shuttle easily, the hiss of the landing gears hydraulics spewing some excess gas as the pistons compressed. Shutting everything down Verk popped the hatch and hopped out of the cramped shuttle, taking a deep breath of the cool dawn air. Damn it’s good to be back. Been long, too long. Before he got two steps, Verk was approached by three suited troopers, and a single officer. The officer motioned to Verk.

“Follow me.” The officer stated, obviously annoyed that she had been selected for such a menial task.

Shrugging Verk followed the tensed woman towards HQ. I have not been back for a few minutes and already I’m in trouble.

***0630, Army HQ, Just outside Rizzit’s office***

Verk sat in red and black arm chair just outside General Rizzit’s office, waiting for his turn to be seen. His feet crossed at the ankles, stretched out before him while his hands, linked at the fingers cushioned his head from the wall behind him. His eyes always on the move, Verk scanned the office, settling on Rizzit’s secretary who had a scowl on her face, generally upset with Verk’s relaxed manner. Verk sat up when the speaker on her desk crackled to life.

“Send him in.” The voice said.

Verk was already up and moving, stopping just before he opened the door to take a deep breath. Cracking his neck, he opened the large wooden door and stepped inside. The office was large and open. A few chairs dotted the black carpeting, and a half full book case stretched across the wall to his right. In the center of the room, was a large wooden desk, opposite that was a large window overlooking the grounds of the facility below, the General sat at his desk, a pile of papers strewn across its surface. Taking a few steps forward, Verk clicked his heels and saluted.

“Please, have a seat.” Rizzit said, waving one hand and rummaging through the papers with the others.

Verk relaxed slightly and took a seat, waiting patiently to be acknowledged. Rizzit sighed and looked up, nodding to Verk, accompanied by a brief smile.

“Welcome back Corporal. How was your leave?” The General asked, even though Verk knew he could care less.

“Nothing special just glad to be back with the army sir.” Verk responded, keeping it short and sweet.

“Good, now on to business. Storm was sent off on a mission just the other day, and as I recall, you were the ASL of Jester for a short time before you went on leave, correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well, now that you’re back, it is time you went back to work. You are being put back into Jester, but as a trooper again.” Rizzit said, picking up a file from the mess on his desk, he handed it to Verk. “The rest of the platoon has already left, but a shuttle will be provided for you. As a quick note, you are to go in civilian clothes. This is not the usual mission. Your squad is currently on the planet Kolster. You will be briefed accordingly once you arrive and find Jester. Good luck and welcome back solider.” Rizzit spoke quickly and once finished he stood and held out his hand.

Verk stood and shook the Generals hand, stating that it was good to be back. Saluting Rizzit, Verk turned on his heel and quickly left the office, making his way to the Jester barracks and his old room.

Verk took his time as he crossed the main grounds of the military installation. As he walked, his mind drifted to his time away from the VE, his trip back to Nar’Shada to visit his friend Nagado, and take care of some important business concerning the deaths of his parents many years ago.

Verk took a deep breath as he neared the Jester barracks, the cool morning air rushing into his lungs. Moving closer to the doors he pushed his way in, only for his mind to be flooded with old memories. Everything looked just the way it had when he left. The lounge and bar, as well as the meeting room which Verk passed on the way to his room.

Verk stopped momentarily to examine the metal door, running his fingers over its cool surface, just before it slid open, revealing a dark space within. Stepping inside the lights fizzled to life. It looked just the way he had left it when he first left. Not a piece out of place. Verk smiled and dropped his bag on his bed. Snapping back to the task at hand Verk quickly changed his clothes, donning his assassins outfit once more, mixing two of the suits to make a black and gray one.

Sliding his ryyk blades into their respective sheaths, Verk  quickly looked over his room and swiftly left, darting down the hall and out the barracks doors towards the hanger. Within a few moments Verk arrived, looking around till he found a shuttle pilot and ask him for directions to the shuttle that would take him to Kolstor. With directions in hand, Verk made his way down the line of shuttles till he came to his, a simple yet effective ship that would get the job done.

Stepping inside the craft Verk found the pilot napping on one of the ships bunks. Verk shook his head and jabbed the man in the ribs. Jolted from his nap, the pilot rubbed his side and looked up at Verk.

The pilot groaned, “What was that for you prick!? And what do you want?” He said.

Verk shook his head, “You were napping, and I have somewhere to be. You are supposed to take me to Kolstor, and I suggest you hurry up.”

The pilot grunted as he stood, making his way to the cockpit and sitting down in the pilot’s seat, strapping himself in. The pilot fiddled with the console, the ion engines humming to life, and the loading dock folding away, the back hatch sliding closed. The landing gears hissed and lifted, and the craft took off.

Verk sighed to himself and took a seat towards the rear of the shuttle, sitting down and strapping himself into the lightly cushioned bucket seat. Pulling up his cloth mask, and the cowl of his cloak low, Verk hunkered down and waited for the shuttle to arrive at Kolster.

***1351, Kolstor, Landing pad Y7***

Even with the added hyperdrive, the ride still took a few hours. Verk stood at the rear of the shuttle, waiting for it to touch down and the rear hatch to slide away. The ship jerked and shifted as the landing gears engaged and made contact with the durasteel platform below, Verk held onto a low hanging bar to stabilize him during the rickety landing.

As the metal door slid away, and the exit ramp rose, the sun of the backwater planet snuck in, trying to blind the newcomer and catch him off guard. This time though, its efforts were useless. Verk’s cowl and mask did well to help keep the light low, and stop the sun from temporarily stealing his vision. Sighing he stepped from the shuttle, quickening his pace to find a crow, and then matching the pace of the others around him.

Verk had been on Kolstor before, and new the lay of the land, its people and ways to lose a pesky follower. Granted it had been many years since the day he had assassinated one of the planets previous diplomats, but it had seemed a good business opportunity, and the planet had fared quite well since then.

Moving with the crowd, Verk made his way through the city, his black and gray robes hiding his ryyk blades beneath, and within easy reach. The first task at hand was to locate the landing platoons that Storm had used for their own crafts. The pilots knew where to find the squads, and that would be Verks link to the others.

Verk moved quickly yet cautiously, taking great care not to draw any unnecessary attention. Since he had a basic idea of what was were, Verk took his time in making has way to the Storm landing areas, taking notice of how things had changed since his last visit, and remapping the area and committing it to memory. After his half hour of walking in circles and refreshing his memory, Verk finally made it to the landing pad. Two of the three shuttles had missing pilots, and the third was fiddling his thumbs as he watched a holo recording.

Verk coughed to clear his throat, “Ahem. I am looking for the Storm? Know where I can find it?”

The pilot turned his head and looked Verk up and down. “Industrial district’s been getting some bad weather recently. People been using the warehouses for shelter.” The pilot turned his attention back to the holo recording.

“Thanks for your help.” Verk said.

“Yea, yea. Now le…” The pilot turned back towards the robed figure, but he was gone, nowhere to be seen.

Verk moved silently through the shadows of the alleys of Kolstor, making his way to the industrial district. The smoke and smog grew thicker and thicker as Verk drew closer to the warehouses, then without warning it quickly faded, not that the air was cleaning, but visibility increased. Moving through the buildings one by one, Verk took notice of each, trying to locate the other VE troopers.

The last warehouse he came to was nearest to the water, one side facing towards the shipping roads, two to other buildings and the last towards the water. Since it was the last one, it had to be the one being used by Storm.

Verk was surprised when he stepped into the large metal and wooden structure. Unlike the others, this one was well lit, and one wall was set up with monitors and all sorts of other computer equipment. Off to his left he saw gas lines, most likely used for filling up speeder bike tanks. To his right were piles of boxes, empty, yet so many. In the middle sat massive amounts of weapons, ammo, and armor.

There were a few others in the warehouse; one was sitting next to the weapons pile, a look of satisfaction and accomplishment spread across his face. That kid needs some attention. Shrugging Verk moved towards the computers and radios, hoping to find someone he knew.

Verk stopped, a hand moving towards a ryyk. “I don’t think so. Both hands up where I can see them.” The voice said from behind, as well as the distinct noise of two rifles clicking and waiting for a trigger pull.

“Turn around, now, and take off that mask so I can see your face.” The voice said.

Verk sighed, “I want no trouble, I am here for the same reasons you are.” Verk said as he turned, pulling back his cowl, and the face covering down. “Names Verk, used to be in Jester and was once its ASL.” Verk raised his hands once more.

The green skinned man looked Verk up and down. “Well, if you are who you say you are, then one of the SL’s or member of jester should be able to identify you.” The fallen tapped his comm., “I need an SL or a long time member of Jester back at the warehouse. I have a man here saying his name is Verk, and I need conformation.”
ASL/CPL_Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C][CoR]

Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

"I am required to kill, so I kill" -Maximus
Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  129
September 6, 2008 8:40:51 AM    View the profile of Jager 
It was actually going to happen... it was actually happening, he was going to be directly involved in the assassination of the head of the KSF. A voice in the back of his head screamed stop, but he was already in to deep to get out... and after all, the end prize was him getting in to direct contact with members of Chaos and a chance at destroying them.

"Jager" a voice crackled over his comm, taking a deep breath Jager responded,

"This is Jager, We're ready to go... just give us the call".

Jager and Zed sat in an alley next to the skyline apartments. The plan called for them to enter disguised as cleaners and make their way to the top floor. Jess would keep an eye on the street and alert the group of any changes or new arrivals, while D' had already disabled the elevators and was ready to cut the lights and hit the fire suppression system when Jager and Zed gave the call. He'd also left a surprise in one of the trash cans outside the building and one inside the lobby. Ma' was monitoring the entire operation from the building across the street, where Jager and Zed had setup surveillance a few days prior.

Zed paced quietly, thumbing a lighter while Jager ran through the plan and its implications in his head. So many things could go wrong with it, what if Selto was armed, or if the others knew Jager was an imperial, hell what would happen if Jager actually had to pull the trigger.

Again the Comm crackled, "Alright.. Showtime, In and out in ten minutes, KSF arrive in fifteen"

Both Zed and Jager double tapped their Comm's and headed into the building.

===

The lobby was cold and barren, the decorator had obviously gone for a minimalist theme... not good for firefighter unfortunately, but Jager crossed his fingers and hoped it wouldn't come to that.

As they passed the security desk a voice cried out, "Hold up there"

Both men froze, Jager's hand inched slowly inside his coveralls as he and Zed turned. They both sighed with relief when they say it was just the building security guard,

"Ho', you two startled me"

"Sorry," was all that Jager could manage

"Sorry, oh, don't be sorry... Anyway, I see you to are busy. Lifts are on the fritz's, so you'll have to go by foot." the security guard chuckled

"Little exercise never hurt anyone, Thanks for the heads up" Zed stated in a cold monotone, fashion. He was clearly focusing on the job ahead.

"Dont mention it, Have fun" the security guard finished giving both men a wave then turning his monitor back onto the news feeds.

"To close" Jager mumbled to Zed as they entered the stairwell. Twenty five floors... it didn't seem to much from the ground, but after about the tenth flight it turned into a chore.

Jager sighed again when the he saw the large "25" in big block print on the wall. Zed paused a moment at the door and drew his blaster, prompting Jager to check his.

Zed holstered his pistol and nodded, pulling the hood of his coveralls up partially concealing his face, Jager did the same.

With a wave of his stolen access card the door slid open to the foyer. The room was barren and cold and the walls were populated by artsy statues and paintings that were lit to enhance the mood and emotion of each piece, Jager and Zed were both grateful as it left the rest of the foyer dark or at least dark enough to conceal their faces to any security monitors. At the end foyer were a set of glossy black doors which lead into the main living room of the penthouse.

The two men creep up to the doors and positioned themselves on either side,

"We're at the doors now, D' you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, Door's open in 3,2,"

Both men took a deep breath and unholstered their weapons

"1"

The doors withdrew silently. The living room was pitch black and dead quiet stopping the two from moving in,

"D', Zed... We cant see shit, hit the lights in the pent house"

"Wait one.... Alright, let their be light" D' announced enthusiastically. The lights activated in stages, from the door to the foyer to the window. Each stage seemed to take longer then the last but it was enough for the two would be assassins to move into the room.

Jager almost wished that the lights stayed out, and he figured Zed had a similar feeling. The apartment was in ruin, the signs of one hell of a fight were everywhere from smashed monitors to an overturned couch. But what made Jager wish the lights stayed out was in the center of the room on what once was the glass coffee table.

A mangled figure lay across the frame covered in shattered glass. With a sense of urgency Zed approached and examined the corpse.

"Son of a bitch... Selto is dead",

Jager swept across the room to the body and took a look for himself. From what it looked like, Selto endured one hell of a fight. He's entire body was covered with cuts and scratches as well as fragments of glass, he was missing a few teeth, his nose was broken and to top it all off a blaster wound lay across his chest,

"Job done then, Now get out of ther.." Ma' began but was cut off by Zed,

"We didnt kill him..."

A stunned silence fell over the comm net,

"What do you mean?" D' asked with mixture of skepticism and fear

Zed took a deep breath, "I mean we didn't fucking kill him, someone got to him first... My bet is we're being set.."

"Shit, OH SHIT, We've got incoming" D' screamed over the radio. From his position on the roof he could see the dull glow from two KSF Larty's just lifting off from the city outskirts,

"How many men are we talking!?"

"Shit, uh.. Sixty... but I'm picking up comm chatter from a few A-A5's En Route to the apartment's, ETA maybe two minutes. My suggestion is get the fuck out of their... NOW"

Zed and Jager stopped and stared at each other, both men knew that they were setup... both men knew that they were probably fucked... but now the only thing that Jager really cared about was escaping, and the only thing Zed cared about was finding the bastard who set him up.

===

Without saying a word to one another they pair raced towards the lifts. Zed barked at D' to reactivate them and moments before they reached it the doors opened. The elevator music was unnerving, At any other time Jager would of stopped to appreciate the Irony of the situation, but this was a very serious situation. Zed smashed the button for the third floor and checked his weapon again,

"So..." Jager asked nervously, "Are we as fucked as I think we are"

Zed didn't respond and and just shut his eye's and took a few deep breaths,

"Come on... whats the plan... Surely we aren't gonna go down and have a pissing match with the KSF"

Zed continued to ignore Jager's questions, At the fifteenth floor Jager had finally reached the end of his rope as the shear weight of the situation finally sunk it.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA DO... WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.... AH, FUCK" he cried out before kneeling down and slamming his head against the elevator wall.

Zed simply stared forward and said in a cold, commanding tone,

"We are going to escape.... then, I am going to find out who set me up, and I will kill them.."

Jager ceased slamming his head against the wall and looked up at Zed,

"What about me?"

"Jager... for all I know, you set this up... for all I know your probably going to shoot me in the back when this lift stops. But I wont kill you here and now... Why?, because a little voice inside my head is telling me that this wasn't your doing. SO, we are going to escape... then YOU are going to disappear and i never want to see you again. clear?"

"Alright... We get out, then I'm a ghost.."

====

The KSF hit the apartment block like a hurricane, the Larty's arrived and began deploying troops on the room and selected floors while the A-A5's secured the street and lobby. D' had made it to the seventeenth floor before he had to stop, the fear inside of his urged him on but his body simply couldn't take it. The sounds of the KSF clearing the floors above him echoed down the bleak and poorly lit stairwell.

For a moment he leant against the wall before having to sit down, he knew this was it... if this was an inside Job as Zed suggested then these KSF wouldn't be taking any prisoners. Slowly he took the PDA out of his satchel bag, he had spent three days trying to crack into the buildings security systems but it was well spent. From his PDA there wasn't a part of the building he couldn't access, with a few clicks he opened the security feed for the lobby and exterior of the building.

The KSF had spread across the entire lobby, erecting small barricades facing towards the lifts and stairwell. But they weren't prepared for what D' had in store for them. With a few more clicks the explosive he had hidden in the lobby and on the sidewalk activated and awaited the conformation code.

As D' sat staring at his PDA he failed to see the KSF members descending the stairs.

"Drop it Asshole" the point man screamed as he leveled his blaster at D's chest. D' only smirked, he wasnt going to be taken alive.

"Why the fuck's he smiling" one of the KSF members called,

"I SAID DROP IT"

D' continued to smirk, he had only one regret... that he wasn't completely truthful about his explosive budget. Ma' had given him enough credits to purchase three rather large explosives, one each for the lobby and sidewalk, and one for himself.

Daniel lifted his PDA up to his mouth and looked over at the KSF member,

"Fuck you" he said defiantly extending his middle finger in the direction of the group. This was the final straw for the KSF pointman and with a violent burst from his Blaster, D' arched his back and slumped forwards.

"Check him, I dont like this" one of the members called. Hastily the KSF pointman patted D' down for a weapon. Reaching his satchel he unzipped it,

A red light flickered then went green on a large rectangular box inside the satchel, giving off a sharp beep.

====

Zed and Jager were just stepping out of the lift when the entire apartment shock violently, throwing the pair to the ground. The lights went out and the fire suppression system activated with a hiss.

Quickly Zed got back to his feet, "D's dead..." he announced, "That bought us some time"

Zed continued on his way down the hall and to the window at the end of the hall. The window faced the next building, which was within jumping distance. With three quick shots the glass shattered on both buildings. Jager struggled to get back to his feet as he watched Zed get a rather long run up and leap across the chasm that separated the two buildings

Jager got to his feet and began his run towards the chasm. landing on the other side he wasnt to surprised to see Zed blocking his path"

"Jager, nothing personal... its just I cant trust you. Good luck" he stated rather coldly,

"Wha.." was all Jager managed to stammer before Zed landed a kick into his stomach, sending him out the window and three stories down into the alley below.
Jester Squad
Verkur
ComNet Initiate

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  181
Total Posts:  272
September 7, 2008 2:54:35 AM    View the profile of Verkur 
The com was silent for a good five minutes, not a single com tap either. The two gunmen raised their rifles and clicked off the safeties, taking aim and readying to fire. Things were not looking good for Verk’s near future.

“Well, since no one has anything to say about your so called good nature, it’s time you left, or died.” The fallen said, motioning the weapon towards the nearest door.

“Oh you have to be….” Verk started, but was cut off by the crackling of an active com link.

“Maze, repeat that last comment. I thought you said Verk was back, but I was busy at the time.” The familiar voice of Bright was a much welcomed reprieve.

“Yea, I have a guy here who says his name is Verk. What do you want me to do?” Maze replied.

There was silence for a moment, “… Well, I want to talk to him, give him a com and let him get suited. His arrival could not have been better.” Bright said, confirming Verks identity.

“Roger that Bright, Maze out.” Clicking off his com, Maze turned to Verk, “You lucked out buddy. Suit up and grab a com set.” Maze clicked his safety back on and walked away.

Verk dropped his hands to his sides and turned around, shaking his head and looking for a com set. Once he found a fully charged set that was not being used, he put on all the necessary components and opened a channel with storm.

Verk pressed two fingers to the throat mic, “Hey Bright. It’s Verk.” He said smoothly, leaning on the desk and scanning the monitors, trying to figure what the others were up to.

“It really is you. How long has it been?” The female voice queried?

“A good month and a half I would say. How’s it been?”

“It’s been better, but listen, I’m kind of busy right now so suit up with whatever you can find in that pile of hardware and help out where needed. I’ll be back when I can, Bright out.” The com clicked and died, ending the quaint conversation.

Sighing Verk turned away from the glowing monitors, and towards the pile of weapons and armor. As he walked over to the pile and got a better view of what was actually there, Verk began to notice that some of it was quite new, and rather expensive. Assault rifles and grenades, armor of all sorts colors shapes and sizes. One duffel bag caught his eye though. It was all black, and printed in yellow block lettering were the letters K.S.A.F. which deduced to be Kolstor Special Attack Force. Stepping over several weapons and a few other items, Verk came to the black bag and knelt down, grabbing the zipper and pulling it the length of the mesh bag, revealing its contents.

All Verk could do was smile. Zipping the bag back up he stood, pulling the bags straps over his shoulder he scanned his immediate area for any weapons. Not too far away he saw a pile of M4 pistols and ammo cartridges, as well as a pile of M-590 assault rifles and clips. Verk moved over to the two sets of weapons, picking up one of each, and extra ammo for both.

Looking around Verk found a suitable place to get changed in private, a corner hidden in the dark, and away from the others. Moving to said location, Verk unzipped the bag once more and got changed. It only took a few moments, but once he was finished, Verk was quite comfortable, and actually pleased with how he looked. Stepping from the dark and into the light, his new attire was revealed.

From head to toe, Verk was clad in a black swat uniform. From the standard issue combat boots, to the military style hat and bullet proof vest, Verk looked pretty good. On the vest as well as the hat, the same yellow block letters were printed for all to see. On his hip sat the m4 pistol, and attached with a strap and held firmly in his hands was the M-590. Within easy reach sat the extra clips for both weapons.

Flicking the safety off and then on again, Verk aimed the weapon around the room, getting a feel for its weight and flipping through the regular, thermal and night vision modes of the attached scope, and then the switch to change from single round semi automatic, three round burst and full auto modes. With everything set and ready, Verk moved over to Maze and the other VE soldier.

“You know, you actually look pretty convincing in that getup.” Maze said, a faint smile crossing face green face, and then vanishing.

“Yea, I get that occasionally. So, what’s next on our to do list hmm?”
TRP/CPL_Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C][CoR]

Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

"I am required to kill, so I kill" -Maximus
Aeos
ComNet Marshal

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2119
Total Posts:  3141
September 7, 2008 5:22:10 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
“For the love of sith!”

Aeos held her hands up in a variety of flailing submissive gestures when Kami pointed her pistol at her upon entering the room. For a moment the older female stared at Aeos blankly. She arched an eyebrow elegantly before frowning.

“Aeos dammit!”  She exclaimed dropping her aim off from Aeos’ frame. 

She proceeded to close the door, while still glaring at Aeos who was now grinning mischievously. Kami was still dressed in her formal attire, and the sight was quite amusing earlier when Kami planted her feet apart, with the knees a bit bent in a typical combat stance.  The night however seemed as if it was heavy on Kami, for her hair was already losing some of the volume Kami managed to instill in it earlier, and the strands with just going astray. Kami sighed and frowned. Aeos immediately dropped her light mood from her face and mind, and regarded Kami with a worried frown.

“I’ll confess, the situation regarding my leave…a rather mixed-up business that was wasting my time more then I’m spending it worth, I decided to return immediately, how are you holding up?”

Kami dropped onto her bed, and kicked off her shoes which most likely had been killing her feet all night, being used to the support the comfort of army boots offered.

“Cyneques is a wonderful ally, but I don’t like the business with NR and Riles very much,” Kami muttered hugging a pillow tiredly.

She closed her eyes for a few moments of rest before continuing;

“Our NR delegates, are not so much professional, the female is a bit attached to her partner, we can use that to our advantage somehow, inappropriate attachments gives way to irrational decisions sometimes, though she would most likely not lose her rationality, we just have to keep it in mind,”

“No one ever likes it Kams, and I’ll admit I’m still quite a bit out of touch with the names and people just mentioned, but you are right, I suppose for me to step in at this time will be most unwise,”

Kami nodded, not even bothering with trying to sugar-coat Aeos’ statement. This was one of various qualities Aeos and Kami shared much to their convenience. There was no bullshitting around; they approached their task with as much hard edge realism they could afford without taking it up as personal offense.

“No, no, would be most unpractical,” she murmured in agreement.

“You’ve already build up trust and confidence with these people, and I must confess I am most inappropriate for these scenarios,” which was true as Aeos stemmed back from a simple farm life directly followed by the Imperial life of barracks and fieldwork.

She was most certainly not the lady Kami appeared to be at different occasions which suited her just fine.

“You’re presence here, it could be used as an element of surprise as well,  and the guys could use you a bit, but I must insist that you meet up with Cyneques first thing tomorrow at breakfast,  we have agreed on breakfast before I left earlier tonight,”

Aeos nodded in dull agreement getting infected with Kami’s apparent tiredness and she leaned back into the soft comfort of the chair.

“Will do, drop me a comm. about what time aright?”

“Where are you sleeping for the night?”  Kami asked when Aeos got up.

“Oh? Not planning on sleeping, I’m getting in contact with the guys, will be setting up a meeting for tomorrow night. I’ll crash at the warehouse; I already know most of what’s going on in the field,”

Kami grinned at Aeos wickedly and snuggled into her pillow some more.

“Have fun,”

“Kams, don’t pretend. You rather be there with me then sitting up with Vasilli…and Riley was it?”

Kami rolled her eyes at the façade of pettiness Aeos maintained.

“Get out, “she muttered throwing one of the pillows at Aeos who made a quick escape through the window. 

Sighing, Kami dragged herself out of the bed with regret. She still had some last-minute details to take care of before heading to bed.

Aeos tapped with her boot against the head of a sleeping Jori.
The soldier muttered something in sleep and turned away from Aeos, hugging his chain gun to his chest.

Amused, Aeos poked her boot at his head again, this time the soldier responded a bit more animatedly. He bolted up, his eyes wide and gasping before noticing a pair of legs in front of him. He followed the legs up till his glance met with Aeos’ stern expression.  Recognizing his Platoon Commander, the soldier hastily bolted up from his seated position and proceeded with a crisp and sharp salute.

“You, guard duty, outside, right now. Without that,” she pointed at the chain gun on the floor. The soldier nodded meekly with very apparent disappointment.

“And please, have a smoke, relax, don’t make it obvious that you are a lookout for any passerby,” she muttered as he turned around and headed for the exit.

“Yes, Ma’am,” he called back.

Sighing, Aeos picked the chain gun off the floor and slung it onto her shoulder. This pretty piece needed to be stored again. She couldn’t believe how little evaluation went into assigning the weapons.  Furthermore, she has received reports of various activities that went outside her troopers’ brief. While she appreciated the initiative, it lacked planning and strategy.

The warehouse itself was big, much bigger then it seemed. And with products and goods stored to the roof it only accented the size.  Hearing voices, Aeos followed it, till she spotted Maze and Verkur conversing to one another. They both recognized their formers quad leader and gave a small wave accompanied with a grin. She nodded to them and proceeded to stroll about the warehouse.

Seeing nothing of interested except the various stacks of crates, Aeos plopped herself down on one, and opened a small laptop which easily fitted into the pocket of her cargo pants.

All troopers and their command report to the Warehouse tonight at 22:00 hours tomorrow night. Commands are expected to forward to me a detailed report of their briefing so far and what has been accomplished so far. I expect everyone to be present.  –Sergeant Major Aeos

Closing the lappie, Aeos leaned back against the crate, contemplating her next plan of action.

OOC:
Right boys and girls, you have about 24 hours to meet up with Aeos at the Warehouse, I’m just getting things regrouped, and organized. SL/ASL, I’ll expect a story report soon  Good posting so far people?
PC/SGM_Aeos/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD][GRoM][GRP]
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Helena
ComNet Initiate

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  138
September 7, 2008 6:34:29 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena tossed and turned all night. The sticky, high temperatured air sweeping in though the windows made it hard for her to breathe. She was queen when it came down to complaining about everything. The sheets would do the Mexican wave; they were on and off the bed repeatedly.

“Argh, when is this going to end!” she screamed at the top of her voice. Surprisingly, none of the other troopers had heard her.

The sounds of people down in the lobby were annoyingly loud, but Helena didn’t want to complain any further and just forced herself to sleep once again.

Helena made her way over to the coffee table that was located off to the side of the lobby. The cup stains on the surface made Helena feel ill, so she decided to lean again a chair. Her arms folded, leg crossed over the other one, and weight completely depending on the chair not moving.

“A quick strike would be good, but we’d all have to sit down and plan it, it can’t just happen at a random moment. We have to think things through so we know how to frame people other than ourselves. Our actions have to go unnoticed.”

Helena nodded towards the room that the strange man had hidden away in.

“You all saw that man there, we can’t be too careful around here. The place is crawling with people who could squeal”

She paused, taking out her hipflask and taking a quick sip of it before putting it back into her belt pouch. It had only just become a habit, the coffee that is.

Her hip started to make a beeping noise, along with Tanus’. They both grinned at each other before nodding sternly.

“Right, we all have to meet Aeos in the warehouse, at 2200 hours” Tanus spoke out.

“We can all plan the strike, as long as we have enough time to meet Aeos. I’m sure you all don’t want to see it when that woman gets angry”

The whole squad nodded briefly before heading off into their rooms to collect important items to take with them.
Lance Corporal Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

BlackJackSquad
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  293
September 7, 2008 6:57:30 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates woke up promptly at 0530.

His internal clock had a motto: Late to bed, get your ass up.

He yawned. It was barely approaching dawn. He shuffled sleepily off to take a shower and shave.

A scant 15 minutes later, he had a chair propped up against a wall, with Gates sitting in it, with overwatch over the whole hall. He had a light jacket for the solitary purpose of that he was cold. He also had on covert light body armor; he had a knife in his boot, in a concealed cargo pocket of his heavy pants, a pistol in a shoulder holster as well as another in another concealed pocket, and finally, his wallet with his ID and such.

After two hours of stoic silence, people began emerging from rooms; Inyk got up first of his comrades.

"Hey, Inyk!" greeted Gates.

Inyk looked blearily at him. It took a minute for him to be recognized. The other shuffled back into his room. Gates walked down to the lobby.

There, he grabbed a breakfast and a good deal of coffee. He was still eating when his squad mates trickled down the stairs.

First was Inyk, then a half-hour later, Tanus and Helena, with Orobos right on their heels. Gates waved them over to a coffee table for six, and put his feet up on one of the chairs.

"My, chief, you look just wonderful to be awake!" he said.

"I don't know what the hell that means, but stop being so damn cheerful," Helena yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Damn hotel and city kept me up all night. When did you wake up?!"

"About," he consulted his watch, "three and a half hours ago."

One of the others grunted, got a tall pot of coffee and a half-dozen cups.

The SL's began their briefing.

"We hope to make a quick strike on the NR embassy. It has guards at all times..."

***After the briefing***

"Aeos is back? Didn't she go on leave?" Gates asked, painting his sniper rifle in urban camo and the silencer the same.

"Something came up I guess," was Orobos' only reply.

"Well, one leave to the next. This mission is a cakewalk."

"Huh." the other said affirmatively.

Gates said his good-bye, turned back into his room, placed the rifle where it was hidden, and grabbed his personal effects.

Then, he trudged down the stairs to meet with his squad again.

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  132
September 7, 2008 8:08:33 AM    View the profile of Jager 
The smell of an apartment fire and garbage woke Jager from his unscheduled sleep. For a while he just lay there in the trash skip, his thoughts clouded by what he guessed was some sort of concussion. After a few minutes of thought gathering Jager attempted to drag himself up, which he soon realized was a mistake as a sharp pain shot from his chest. Zed's kick cracked one of his ribs and left a large boot shaped bruise. 

With a painful heave, Jager pulled himself out of the skip and onto the ground. The fall was more then he anticipated and with a Thud and a dull moan he lifted himself off the ground and up against a wall.

"I gotta find a new line of work" he muttered before the pain caused him to throw up. As he stood there wiping the vomit of his mouth a sharp beep echoed from inside his coverall pocket. After a few moments of rummaging he found the source, his data pad. Amazingly it had survived the fall with only a few dings but it still worked.

"Its nice to know I'am still wanted" he thought as he checked his messages. He had one new message, no name, just

"Meet at the bar, 1h, urgent"

Jager went to check the time received to see if it was still relevant when he realized that it didn't specify which bar... he guessed that it was from either Zed or Ma', he was hoping it was from Ma' as Zed may still be a little paranoid. Slowly Jager made his way down the alley, away from the front of the apartment block. He stopped once he was down the street and looked back, Black smoke was rising from a few floors and a Larty was patrolling overhead. The streets themselves were swarming with KSF and on lookers.

Jager made note to stay out of sight and stuck to whatever shadows he could find. The limp given to him by the cracked rib, the smell of garbage and his torn coveralls gave Jager the unintentionally look of a homeless man, but if he was stopped by a curious KSF officer it wasn't going to hold up.

Jager had walked a few blocks before he started to guess what bar the message referred to, it was so incredibly obvious that it hurt a little...

====

Jager stood outside the bar where he first ran into Ma' and her kids. He was apprehensive at entering in case it was some sort of trap, in his head he ran through a few possible outcomes. Either Zed was going to kill him inside... or apologies, but someone this seemed unlikely. Alternatively it could be Ma' waiting inside to kill him or it could be a KSF ambush. As he stood contemplating the outcomes another sharp beep emanated from his datapad,

"Round back, Hurry up"

It was seeming more and more like a trap but still Jager continued. So there he stood, alone, hurt and smelling of garbage in an alley behind a third rate bar on a planet he had never heard until a week ago, meeting someone who would possibly kill him, and yet he wasn't in the least bit afraid... more tired of this shit and ready to go home.

"Corporal Jager Luth, Jester squad," An all to familiar voice stated behind him.

"How long have you known?" he said, not turning around,

"Since I first met you," On this Jager slowly turned around. Ma' stood a few steps behind him with that all to familiar smirk on her face,

"If your gonna kill me, hurry up... its been a really long day" Jager said with a tone of sarcasm in his voice,

"Its funny you know, all this time we thought we had it all planned out but when it came down to it, we were all just apart of someone else plan."

Jager had a feeling that this was going to take a while so he took a seat ontop of a trash can. Ma' lent up against a wall and continued

"The plan itself was perfect, and now looking back on it... it was to perfect."

Jager shifted uneasily, "So, you'd frame me for killing the head of the KSF and then everyone thinks the Imperials are to blame, NR come out on top..."

Ma' nodded, "That was the plan, except you missed one thing... The head of the KSF's second in command was loyal to the NR. He was the one who suggested the plan to my superiors. Right then and there I should of seen through it... but i didn't... and now, look where we are"

"Seen through what?" Jager queried,

"That the second in command was using us for a means to an end, think about it... if you had a chance to kill the man above you and move up without implicating yourself... you would take it, hell we've lost more cells in the past seven hours then we ever did to Selto."

"So... he used you to help himself, then killed off the only ones who knew about it. Doesnt explain why Selto was dead when we got there"

Ma' shrugged, "I guess he didn't trust us to do it. You do know that If you died there he would of claimed that it was a Joint NR/Imperial plot to destabilize the Kolstor government and people would of believed him... Selto, for all his faults was still a good man."

"Then why did you kill him?" Jager asked, again in that sarcastic tone.

Ma' sighed "Why?... its my Job, as it was your Job to infiltrate Chaos and kill it. In the end Jager, we're all disposable cogs in someone's plan..."

"So... how does it stand between me and you?"

"...that's just it, i have nothing against you, Nor do you against me. In the end we both failed"

Jager paused for a moment, "What about Zed?"

"Zed.... Zed hasn't found me yet, I still wager that he thinks this was my doing. hopefully in time he will catch me and I can explain it to him, but I am certain that this is the end of his and my friendship."

"Jess?" Jager added,

"Dead... killed in D's backup plan... I don't pity her, I just wish it didn't have to end like this. I thought of them as my children, and in the end I was the one who killed them."

The two sat in silence for a moment before Jager spoke up,

"So... what happens know?"

Ma' smirked as she wiped a tear of her cheek, "Mae and I are leaving... My superiors have cut all contact with me, which usually is a bad sign. As for you, I suggest you leave Kolstor... You and I are possibly the only ones who know what really happened here and that makes us a threat to some very powerful people."

Jager rose, wincing and placing a hand on his rib, "Its been fun..." he stated extending his free hand. Ma' placed a piece of paper in his palm, to which Jager shot back a confused look.

"Going away present, That rib looks bad... there is a apartment number of a friend of mine... he's a doctor and a good man, he'll help and wont ask any questions."

Jager quickly examined both sides of the card, there was an address for a warehouse on the back,

"Whats there?" he asked,

"Your friends are using it as a safe house,"

"How did you find this out," he asked in a slightly dumbfounded manner,

"Ah, that would be telling you to much... no one person ever gets the full picture. Take care Mr. Luth"

And with that she walked off down the alley and disappeared, leaving a bewildered Jager standing alone. 

=====

The Doctor Ma' referred Jager had no idea who the man in his surgery was, but he had a good idea who he might be. A bandage, some painkillers and a bottle of cheap wine was all he gave Jager in what could only be described as the fastest physical examination the Corporal had ever had. gradually Jager made his way to the warehouse where Jester had apparently setup shop.

Jager waited across the street at first, as he scoped the place out. A solitary figure stood alone outside pretending that he wasn't on guard duty.

"Jori..." Jager muttered as he slowly got up and limped over towards the warehouse door.

"Hey, you cant go in there" Jori demanded, Jager however continued until the private Jumped infront of him and blocked his way. 

For a second Jager contemplated headbutting the over enthusiastic private, but instead slammed the empty wine bottle into his stomach and pushed the winded private to the ground, He was in no mood for anyone's shit at the moment. After a deep breath he Stepped over the temporarily incapacitated trooper and into the warehouse.

Verkur and Maze stood inside talking about something when both turned in a semi-astonished fashion to face the battered and bruised Corporal. Jager proceeded to walk past them, both troopers stood silent as he continued further into the warehouse. Aeos hopped down from her perch on top of a crate and blocked Jager,

"Corporal..."

"Cigarettes..." Jager replied,

The platoon commander shook her head, Jager sighed and quickly sidestepped her... the fact that he had just side stepped his platoon commander was apparent to Jager, but finding a place to lay down and sleep for the next week seemed alot more important... that and finding a cigarette.

An empty table was as good a place as any to finally rest. Jager lay down and took a few more painkillers, he still hadn't really worked out how he should be feeling at the moment... and by the looks of things he might never know how to feel about the events, but one thing was fairly certain.

He was never coming back to Kolstor ever again.
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited September 7, 2008 9:01:17 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

Post Number:  1421
September 7, 2008 3:17:44 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was unable to sleep tat night, she had gotten Aeos' message and wanted to get to the warehouse straight away, but she didn't want to alarm her squad with her disappearance, so she stayed in bed, staring at the ceiling until dawn.

She gt up and went down to the lobby where she sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. Sipping it, she looked around to see who was here. Not many people were awake at this hour.

when she had finished her drink, she walked outside, wanting some fresh air and waited for her squad to wake up.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited September 7, 2008 3:31:24 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  350
Total Posts:  535
September 8, 2008 3:00:37 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Tanus had assembled the squad out around the side of the hotel which was a kind of cross between an alleyway and extremely small street. It was practically abandoned apart from a large man asleep slumped against the wall, bottle in hand and snoring loudly. They gathered around Tanus who told them pretty much all he'd told them in the lobby. It was nearing three in the morning.

They'd be going in with non-standard weapons and in black suits. No armour of any kind. They weren't expecting to get caught up in a fire-fight. This was going to be a quick strike against the guards the the embassy to stir up some chaos. As soon as the guards were down they'd make there way out in two teams as not to be followed easily.

They'd gone and gathered their equipment from the back room they'd stashed it. They'd picked out some small arms and a few heavier weapons. They carried them out in duffle bags between the squad and left at separate times as to try not to arouse suspicion. They moved down the street to another apartment. After an hours walk they reached the second apartment they'd rented out a room for the week though they didn't expect to be using all that time. Judging by the fact it was situated near a large industrial warehouse and the building around it where in varying states of disrepair it was for lower class citizens.

They walked in and checked in. The Rodian behind the counter just sneered at them, or at least that's what Orobos thought he was doing. As they walked up the stairs the rodian who'd taken care of them turned around and started talking to the man sitting in a chair by the door in some strange language consisting of short clicks of the tongue and long slurred sounds.

They changed into there black gear and loaded up their weapons. Orobos pulled a large balaclava over his head but his dark fur would suit him well for the operation. Once they were ready they climbed out of the window and onto a small fire escape. Orobos slid the ladder down to the ground and he slid down it into the alleyway. The squad moved up in single file and moved to the end of the alleyway. The embassy was only five minutes away as long as the back-roads they'd selected from a map of the city were clear they'd make it there quickly enough.

They moved quickly across the wide open street. Orobos felt venerable crossing it expecting something like a sniper to start shooting down on them. Though that was only instant from the previous missions he'd been on. They reached the cover and darkness of the second alley. They'd have to go through two more before they were right outside the embassy. Orobos glanced behind at the street. The street light flickered but apart from that it was quiet with only distant sirens blaring in the distance to indicate that there was any life in the city.

They made it across a few more streets and alleyways with no incident. They'd spotted what looked like a local gang and a police patrol soon passed scaring them away. The squad was now crouched low in the shadows between some sort of disco. Orobos could hear the thumping of the music from inside. They wanted people to take notice. The rest of the street sure would. The other building was pitched black and boarders over the windows.

"Alright split up into our teams. when you hear the firing move up to the embassy quickly."

They nodded signalling they understood. Splitting up the squad move quickly out of the shadows in two teams. Tanus Inyk followed by Orobos moved up to the left of the compound. Helena lead Garryll and TX around to the right.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited September 8, 2008 3:04:31 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  847
September 8, 2008 3:37:18 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan lay on his bed and wondered what his squad mates were going to be like.  It had been great seeing Lucky again, it had been too long.  Despite his mind worrying of meeting the rest of the squad, he quickly drifted off into a deep sleep.

He awoke with a start to a beeping noise which emanated around the room.  I don’t remember setting an alarm thought Alan as he leapt into quick action.  Grabbing his blaster from under his pillow, he dropped silently to the ground.  Alan scanned the room for the source of the disturbance and noticed that his laptop was flashing.  Damn machine thought Alan as he put his blaster back on the bed and went over to the laptop to see what the commotion was.  He quickly noticed that there was an incoming message on the machine, Alan quickly scanned over it and he frowned slightly.

Alan quickly got dressed and holstered his weapon, making sure that is neatly tucked away and not noticeable before exiting his room.  Heading down the stairs he wondered if any of the other members of Paladin were awake.  His mind went back to the message on the laptop requesting all squad members to go to the warehouse for 22:00 hours.  The message hadn’t said much else but he knew that Lucky would be briefing them fully on what was going on.

Arriving at the lobby, Alan looked around.  He wasn’t sure whether anyone in the lobby was from Paladin or not having never met any of them before.  He was about to go to the bar when he noticed a lone figure walking around outside.  He immediately recognised the figure as Lucky.  Forgoing getting a drink, he left the comfort of the hotel and headed over to Lucky.  She glanced up at his approach and smiled.

“Fancy some company?” queried Alan as he smiled back at her.
TRP/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Army of the Vast Empire
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  63
September 8, 2008 4:26:53 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori coughed. It still hurt where Jager had hit him in his stomach with the bottle. Shaking his head, he got up and walked around a little bit, always with an eye on the door.

I might as well go to sleep. I’m not going to get any action out here. If I go to sleep, then I have to set up something that will make noise if someone approaches. Let’s see… the only way to get to the door is through this alleyway. Maybe if I can put something on the ground that will make noise, I can catch somebody if I happen to nod off. Yeah, that’s it.

Jori picked up some bottles and tied them together, then sat them at each side of the alleyway. That way, if anyone come through, they would knock over all of the bottles and make just enough noise so that it would wake him up. Jori sat down against the wall and closed his eyes. He knew that in the shadows with his shadow-suit on, he would be invisible to almost anyone.

Like I was told, I have to relax and that’s what I’m doing.

He had been asleep for almost forty minutes when he heard a small scraping noise. Opening one eye but not moving anything else, he saw movement at the end of the alley. Opening the other eye and looking up, he saw that a figure was stepping through the trap he had set up. Quietly and quickly getting to his feet, he crouched as he moved forward, carefully staying in the shadows. He was near the edge of the blackness when the figure tripped and fell. Seeing the sudden movement, Jori froze. Luckily for the figure, it was already at the end of the trap and it fell without making hardly any more noise. It got up and moved forward slowly, moving slowly while scanning the alleyway for any movement. It didn’t see anything because Jori wasn’t moving. He was barely even breathing.

If I can maintain the element of surprise, I might be able to subdue him before he knows it.

When the figure passed Jori, he turned and started moving toward carefully towards it. The figure stopped all of the sudden and Jori threw all caution to the wind, crashing into it before it had even started to turn around. When they hit the ground, the figure managed to turn and get a hold on Jori. Hitting blindly, he managed to land a blow where the regular being’s throat would be. The figure rolled away coughing as Jori climbed to his feet. He charged before the figure was completely on its feet, ducking under its leg as it kicked out and straightening up as he was under the leg and lifting the figure up into the air. Jori heard a crack as it come back down, landing on its back as its head plowed into the ground. Getting up, he caught his breath and warily walked over. He checked for a pulse and was satisfied when he found a strong one.  After pulling out a bacta bandage and applying it to the bleeding area of the figure’s head, he searched it for ID and weapons. He surprisingly found no weapons and absolutely no ID whatsoever. Making sure he wasn’t going anywhere by binding his hands and feet together, Jori opened the door and leaned inside.

“Uh… anybody who is listening. I have someone out here that might be real happy to come in. Should I bring him in?”
Private Jori Lekrif
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

Post Number:  1424
September 8, 2008 4:27:38 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky spun around at the voice and found herself face-to-face with Alan. "Hey, sure. A little company would be nice."

Alan walked up beside her and they stared dead ahead. After another minuet of silence, Alan spoke.

"So, what brings you out here this early?"

"Couldn't sleep. Yourself?"

"Well, my laptop is what woke me. Did you receive a message from Aeos?"

"Yeah. I'll tell you more about it once the whole squad is awake. Don't want to make anyone jealous by picking favorites"

"Fair enough."

They stood side-by-side, gazing out at the slowly brightening sky as morning approached. "Want to go inside?" She finally asked Alan.
"Sure, I'm hungry. You?"

"Yeah. Let's go to the small hotel restaurant I guess and I'll buzz everyone awake so they can join us."

The both of them moved back into the comfortable hotel lobby and made their way towards a doorway, on the other side was  a tiny restaurant. No one in the squad had dined there yet so they didn't know how the food was. They would soon find out if it was good or if it was worse than Ration Packs.

They searched for a booth big enough for the whole squad to fit in comfortably and, once they were seated, Lucky took out her data pad and sent out a message to the rest of the squad.

Waky, waky people. It's 700 hours, please meet at the hotel restaurant as soon as possible. We have business to attend to. Look for Alan and I in the booth in the far left corner.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  60
September 8, 2008 6:38:39 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
Bacardi opened his eyes to his data screen flashing above his eye. His data screen was, well... nothing. It was a light that was built into his nose from a micro chip, it displayed orders, messages, it displayed everything. And at this moment it displayed a message. The recipient's name was shown in the top left hand corner, and the date right below it, and then the entire message: "Waky, waky people. It's 700 hours, please meet at the hotel restaurant as soon as possible. We have business to attend to. Look for Alan and I in the booth in the far left corner." Bacardi moved his legs over the bed and looked around, his eyes still drowsy from the sleep that was deprived from him. Getting up he hopped in the shower, for one minute and thirty seconds he was in the shower wanting to pass out. Turning off the shower and grabbing a towel, he dried himself and got dressed.

His grey suit, with pink tie stood out from the regular clothes of the members around him. Bacardi walked through the hotel lobby, a slight bulge was shown were his SSK-7 plus silencer was holstered. His fake KSF ID and Badge were stowed away in his back pocket, and... he was starving. Moving out the double doors, he felt a slight breeze as he walked down the street. The restaurant was visible from his current position on the sidewalk, he walked towards it and bursted through the doors to find Lucky and Alan occupying the corner. Bacardi ignored them for a second and walked over to the counter, motioning for the worker. "Cup of caf please, and..." Bacardi reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a vial of whiskey. "... add some of this into it for a tip." The female worker nodded, and walked away. Bacardi took out his wallet and slipped out a Plastic Card.

"Here you go, sir." She said, handing back the bottle and Bacardi took it. He then handed her the Plastic Card and a 10 Chip. She thanked him and Bacardi walked towards Alan and Lucky. Sitting into their booth, he greeted them and took a sip of his coffee... "Strong." He took another sip and coughed. "Good god, how much of this did she..." Bacardi reached into his pocket and took out the vial: 20 ounces of the strongest whisky, all of it, into this cup.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  848
September 8, 2008 7:21:58 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The seats in the booth were very comfortable as Alan sat down opposite Lucky.  He watched her closely as she started to key in a message to the rest of the squad requesting their presence in the restaurant.  He waited until she had finished keying before saying anything.

“Would you want a coffee or something whilst we wait?” queried Alan.

“A coffee would be great, thanks” replied Lucky.

Alan slid out from the booth and moved over to the counter.  He waited patiently for the waitress and ordered up two large coffees.  The waitress asked him how strong he wanted the coffees.  Alan glanced over at Lucky and noticed that she looked tired.  He replied that he wanted them nice and strong.  Once the coffees were made, Alan returned to the booth and placed them on the table before sitting down next to Lucky.  He took a sip from the strong brewed coffee.  Damn, now that’s good coffee thought Alan as he took a big swig, savouring the flavour.

Lucky leaned closer to Alan and whispered “you see that person who has just entered?”

Alan glanced over at the doors and watched him enter.  Alan immediately noticed a slight bulge in his suit and realised that he was packing some hardware.  Alan moved his hand down to his own weapon to reassure him that he had remembered to bring his blaster with him.

“Trouble?” queried Alan, unsure of who this person was and whether he posed any danger to them or not.

Lucky laughed softly and slapped Alan playfully on the shoulder before replying “will you relax, that is Bacardi, otherwise known as Cursed”.

“Oh, that’s Cursed” replied Alan as he watched him arrive at the booth.  He wondered when the rest of the squad would arrive and more importantly, he was itching to find out their new objectives and what was going on.
TRP/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Army of the Vast Empire
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  326
Total Posts:  744
September 8, 2008 7:45:04 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus peered around the corner, looking to the left and right to make sure no one was coming. He didn’t want that to happen just yet. He crept in the shadows, careful to be sure he was seen by nothing; the shadows had become his ally, and in this case, he had to make sure that he didn’t betray that trust. Inyk and Orobos were quiet behind him. Tanus gave quick look back to see them. Inyk was doing incrdibly well, being sure to match Tanus’ every move. Orobos, depsite his bulk, was barely noticable in the shadows. He commed in to Helena to see how she was doing.

“Target is in sight. Also, the disco doors seem to be opening up. It must be closing time for the place.”

Tanus smiled. Perfect. Tanus ran across the street, careful to stay out of the glow on street lamps. He checked his holster to see a small pistol at his side. It was really more of a pea shooter by most standards, but for the night’s raid, it would suit him perfectly. His rifle, which was little more than a variant of one of his own, was a repeating slugthrower, capable of sweeping through enemy armor as if it were paper. The others chose weapons of their own preferences; for Tanus,it represented speed and efficiency.

Tanus set his back against one of the fences leading into the embassy grounds. He looked up over it, seeing that there were spotlights going across the grounds. Tanus looked up to see the watch tower guards, sweeping back and forth in large waves. Tanus merely shrugged at the notion; it wasn’t as if they’d see his face anyway. He just had to make sure he didn’t get hit. He commed in to the others.

“Okay, the plan is to get over the fence and into the grounds. After that, what I want us to do is just start raising hell. Fire off some shots in the air, throw off a few flashbangs, whatever we need to do. All we need to do is make a lot of noise. If NR troops do start to show up, kill them if you have to. Remember, we only need to kill them if they make the first move. Go. Now.”

Tanus gestured and Orobos got down low. Tanus stepped on his back and vaulted over the fence, landing gracefully in the dark. Tanus didn’t turn as Inyk came over right behind him. Orobos was ocer last, as Inyk and Tanus had to help him over. All three moved quietly into the shadows of a close building; Tanus looked behind him to see speeders pulling up for people to go home form the disco.

“Okay boys, its showtime,” Tanus said.

Tanus raised his gun into the air and opened fire. Machine gun pops and blaster rounds filled the night sky as people screamed and ran over ot the embassy to see what was going on. Tanus kept firing, even as spotlights swept across the field, searching for the source of the fire. Now Tanus just needed the NR to do its part.

SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:10:42 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 396  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >