Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)
Verkur
ComNet Initiate

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  272
  RE: Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)
September 8, 2008 8:51:30 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
Yea, it's good to be back...." Verk stopped suddenly and turned towards the door.

In walked Jager, beated and battered, dried blood was caked to his clothing and a bit of his face. Verk watched as his friend was stopped by Aeos, then he went wide eyed as he side stepped her adn continued on his way, finally stopping at a table and resting his head on his arm, a small trail of smoke making it's way toward the roof.

"If you'll excuse me." Verk nodded to Maze and stood.

Crossing the warehouse quickly, Verk took a seat next to Jager, and tapped him on the shoulder. Jager sat motionless, his breathing heavy, and the cigarette still burning. Verk put his hand on Jager's shoudler, and shook the man slightly.

"Jager. Wake up it's Verk. Jager?" Verk whispered, sahking him again.

Jager lifted his head, groaning, "Oh, hey. Long time no see. Where you been?" Jager said, dropping his head back to his arm but tilting it to face Verk. He lifted his hand to pull the cigarette out from between his lips to blow the inhaled smoke, then placing it back where it was.

Coughing, "Been alright. Had to take care of some unfinished business, but I'm back now." Verk waved his hand around to get rid of the smoke.

"Well thats good. Hey listen. I really need to rest, mind if I had some alone time?" Jager asked.

"Yea, not a problem. We can talk when you're feeling better." Verk patted jager on the shoulder and stood from his seat.

As Jager rolled his forhead back onto his arm, Verk amde his way over to Aeos, who was sitting in a metal fold up chair, using her foot to lean the chair onto it's back legs. Verk grabbed a seat and took a spot adjacent to her. Before he could start up a conversation, the comm crackled to life.

"Uh... anybody who is listening. I have someone out here that might be real happy to come in. Should I bring him in?" The voice said.

Verk looked at Ae with confusion.

"Who is that?" Verk questioned.

"His name is Jori." Ae relpied.

"Ah. Be right back. i'll take care of it." Verk added, getting up from his chair and heading out the door.

Verk spotted Jori and the mystery captive off to the side in the shadows, Jori had his boot on the figures back. Walking over to the two, verk went over the captives figure. He had on an old trench coat, and worn fingerless gloves on. Verk stuck his boot under the mans stomach and flipped him over. It was an old bum. His face was wrinkled adn covered in long dirty brown hair.

Sighing, "I'll take care of him. Head inside Jori." Verk said to the recruit.

"Uh, ok?" Jori said, moving away and heading back into the warehouse.

Verk pulled on the shoudler strap of his rifle, moving it to his back. Grabbing the mans arms he pulled him up, putting one arm around the bums back, and taking his left wrist and pulling it around his neck. Starting off slow, Verk dragged the man away from the warehouse, for a good 10 minutes he walked, taking him away from Storms location.

Without warning the bum jerked away, pulling a blaster from his coat. Verk dodged the first few blasts, rolling back and to the side. In the same motion he unclipped his M4, pulled it from it's holster, and clicked off the safety. Coming to a stop on his knee, Verk quickly took aim and fired off four quick rounds, all landing decent hits on the mans chest, dropping him to the floor.

With a sigh Verk watched the man fall, his blaster skidding away and falling into a sewer grate. Holstering his pistol Verk moved over to the dead figure, and knelt down beside it. Verk went through his pockets and found nothing. Grabbing th mans arms, he dragged the body to a large sewer grate. Verk lifted the lid and slided it out of the way. Grabbing a handful of worn coat, verk rolled the body into the sewers, it landed a good twenty feet down with a loud splash and a slight thud. Shaking his head verk replaced the grate and made his way back to the warehouse.

Stepping inside the warehouse, Verk saw those who were present sitting around Aeos. Verk took his earlier seat, nodding to Jori, Maze and Jager. Not five seconds after he walked in, the door opened once more, and in walked Brightstar. Verk smiled at the female, and nodded his hello. Nodding back, she took a seat.

"Well, now that we have at least one full squad here, let's begin." Aeos began.
TRP/CPL_Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C][CoR]

Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

"I am required to kill, so I kill" -Maximus
[This message has been edited by Verkur (edited September 8, 2008 8:55:23 PM)]
Aeos
ComNet Marshal

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2122
Total Posts:  3141
September 8, 2008 9:21:02 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
OOC:
Remember, this meeting takes place 24 hours after my last post. BlackJack, since you are in a briefing, read through this very carefully. Details about moon festival will be up on the discussion board shortly

At the meeting

Good evening, boys and girls, hope you all had a good sleep, the night is long,” Aeos started while she stared at her Platoon. Up until now, her leave was the bigger mistake she made. With Kami pre-occupied in the NR politics, these troopers had very little that lead them.  Only Paladin and Jester was currently present, with Black Jack still caught up. She’d have to holo convert this little speech and forward it to each Black Jack Member’s Comlink.

Aeos’ eyes glanced across the datapad before her hands activated some of the settings it was equipped with.

“Right, addressing Black Jack first, with no report to look at, I’ll make my own lines here. If you are currently in an objective finished it Black Jack, in four days time there will be a Moon festival parade held during the night. The details about the festival will be provided by your squad leader or ASL. I want riots, and riot control right through out that night, I’ll send you a list of your “tools” via Com-Link,”

Aeos stopped for a second, and glanced down at her datapad again, while taking a swig from the mug next to her. Feeling the assuring trickle of steaming hot coca moo down her throat, provided her with a bit more energy.

“Paladin, a lot of the country folks will be joining in with this festival, or so statistics says. Recently, the farm folks have been taxed a bit, Kolstor is suffering a tad bit economically.  Get to contaminating the waters as earlier stated, start gathering some fuel under the people so Black Jack can set it on fire, Jester, as far as I understand you have tracked down some loyalists on both sides, I’ll investigate the names, Brightstar, Jori, Jager, split off to Paladin, be their eyes. Verkur, maze, same goes for you with Black Jack. Lets get this thing done people. I’ll keep contact with you all, and I’ll be moving around in the city as well, my Platoon Adjutant thought things might be safer for our…erm alliance if I just avoided the politics,” Aeos grinned mischievously  earning a few amused chuckles from the group.

“Dismissed!”

Aeos discarded the datapad onto the small desk next to her, before discarding her rear next to the datapad onto the table, tipping the two back legs. She’d have to plan the equipment for the Moon festival, and contact Kami about it soon as well.  Their breakfast earlier didn’t leave much room for personal conversation except the odd moments Aeos created in which Kami could only arch an eyebrow. Goodness, fine dining at breakfast was a tad bit overrated. Aeos grinned.

“Kams,I’ll check in tonight to your room, same time as last, get some food up for the lovely occasion,  I saw a lobster special in the dining room earlier,” she muttered into her Com-Link. It was only a voice message, but hopefully Kami would receive it later.  She quickly forwarded the holo recording of the Moon briefing to the BJ members before signing off.
PC/SGM_Aeos/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD][GRoM][GRP]
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Hassar
ComNet Novice

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  64
Total Posts:  225
September 8, 2008 9:47:42 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
OOC:
About 14 hour earlier...

Kyrus Hassar woke up disoriented and confused. He sniffed and opened his groggy eyes, wiping away crusty eye boogers. Ughhh..., he thought to himself. He had only a vague recollection of the events that had transpired since his arrival on Kolstor. He scratched his chin, trying to remember, and after a minute, finally gave up and shook his head.

He looked around his room, and for the first time noticed the steady beeping that had aroused him from his slumber. He had slept rather deeply, but he couldnt recall dreaming anything. In fact, he couldn't recall the last time he had dreamed.

Focusing back at the source of the beeping, Kyrus found his datapad lying on a night stand. He scooped it up and opened up his messages, and saw that he had recieved a message recently from Luckystar. Frowning, he opened it and read:

Waky, waky people. It's 700 hours, please meet at the hotel restaurant as soon as possible. We have business to attend to. Look for ...

Kyrus tossed aside the datapad, and got up from his bed. He quickly hopped into the sanisteam, and when he got out, he took a look at his closet. Aside from the KSF uniform that he had recieved upon his arrival to Kolstor, he had packed his traditional Tusken Raider robes, which he usually wore when he wasn't in his black stormtrooper armor. Having grown up on Tattoine for the first couple years of his life, he had grown accustomed to wearing them as everyday robes, although he dispensed with the face mask. This simply made him seem anonymous in a large and diverse crowd, evenn if his robes were slightly sandier than the average robe.

When he was dressed, he picked up his datapad and grabbed the two vibrodaggers that he kept stowed away in a drawer, and tucked them away into a hidden fold in his robe. He had smuggled them onto Kolstor, despite their secret provided supplying them with weapons. He was never a big fan of blasters. To him they seemed so... uncivilized. Yet he always carried one, just in case he was caught in a situation that did not require stealth.

When he was finally satisfied that he had not left anything behind, he left his apartment.

Opening the doors to the restraunt, Kyrus strolled in and looked around to the different tables, until he saw Lucky waving at him. He also noted that there were two others with her; Bacardi, and another man that he did not recognize. Nodding towards her, he walked over to their table and sat down, being sure to keep his back to the wall, so that he could face the entrance. Despite this being a nice restraunt and not a run-down cantina, he was still weary.

Old habits die hard.,,

Bacardi tipped his mug towards him. "Caf?" he suggested.

"Nah, I dont drink that stuff."

Bacardi just shrugged and resumed taking steady gulps from his drink.

The second man that he did not know looked at Kyrus and said,"So you must by Hassar."

"Yup," he stated.

"Kyrus, this is Alan. Alan, Kyrus." Lucky took the liberty of introducing them.

Kyrus nodded and said, "Pleasure."

He didnt bother asking what this was all about. He trusted Lucky enough to know this wasn't just another friendly get-together. They were probably just waiting for the rest of the squad to come.

So Kyrus just sat their with his arms crossed and waited.
Private Hassar

"So who is our only hope?"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
Combat Engineer
Stormtrooper Corp
Private
TRP/PVT Hassar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE[SRP]
[This message has been edited by Hassar (edited September 8, 2008 9:51:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Hassar (edited September 8, 2008 9:53:21 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Hassar (edited September 11, 2008 4:01:26 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  849
Total Posts:  1795
September 9, 2008 7:22:11 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan waited until Bacardi had sat down and gotten himself comfortable before he introduced himself.  He noticed that Bacardi coughed a little after he had drank some of his coffee.  I wonder what he had put in that perused Alan as he reprimanded himself silently for not thinking of having put something extra in his drink, especially after missing his opportunity for a drink earlier.  He looked at his coffee and wished that it was Corellian ale but sadly it remained a coffee.  He thought briefly about getting ale from the bar before the briefing started but decided to make do with the coffee, for now.

"Hi, I'm Alan" he said before Lucky could say anything.  Alan held out his hand to Bacardi.

Bacardi quickly shook it vigorously and replied "hey, I'm Bacardi, although some people call me Cursed".

"Nice name" replied Alan as he wondered how he had gotten such a name and whether it would mean that their mission would be cursed or not.

Powerful handshake thought Alan as he lay back on his chair and took another sip of his coffee.

It didn't take long before another person came over and sat down at the booth.  Lucky quickly introduced him as Kyrus.

Kyrus nodded to Alan and simply said "Pleasure" before crossing his arms to wait for the brief to begin.

A man of few words thought Alan as he simply nodded back.  Alan decided to forgo the handshake this time.  Finishing off his coffee, Alan lounged back on his chair wondering whether anyone else was going to show up and also what their mission objectives would be.

Patting his blaster he thought to himself as long as I get to kill some enemy I'll be happy

With that, he waited along with the rest of the squad for the briefing.
TRP/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited September 9, 2008 7:23:56 AM)]
_NoVaCaiNe_
ComNet Novice

_NoVaCaiNe_

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  68
September 9, 2008 11:16:41 PM    View the profile of _NoVaCaiNe_ 
Nova sat motionless by Lucky and Sam. His posture was perfect. The Wookiee had taught himself how to be comfortable even in the most uncomfortable positions. He listened intently as Aeos gave her speech during breakfast.

"Dismissed!" He heard Aeos say. Everyone stood up and began working towards the exit.

[When shall we starrt Lucky?] Nova growled.

"Well right now. We have a lot of water to contaminate and not much time."

[Yes ma'am.]

Nova, along with Luckystar and Sandwich Sam continued out the door and began searching for the few Paladin Squad members who had gotten lost in the discombobulated lines moving out the doors.
TRP/PVT Novacaine/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

"This suit is eh NOT black."

"No. This suit is black, pause, do you know what a pause is? NOT."

"This suit is black pause not."

"No you don't hear the pause. This suit is black                  NOT!"

"Eh This suit is black..."

"Ok let's move o-"

"NOT!"
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  1884
September 10, 2008 9:05:46 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami swept out of the ballroom an hour later having excused herself to the appropriate guests and politicians. Cynaques followed a half step behind, his manner relaxed despite Kami's obvious irritation,

“My men will find him Kami. You're stressing for no reason.”

“No...I mean, yes, I know I'm overreacting,” Kami halted abruptly, nearly causing the Kolstor politician to collide into her. She attempted to explain, “It's not Vee. Despite his less...admirable qualities, he knows how to take care of himself. It's this place. All this plotting. I don't know how you can stand it.”

Cyneques seemed pleased by her honesty, letting out a melodic laugh, “Why Sergeant, It's just what I do. I personally don't understand how you charge around and risk your life on a daily basis. Each to our own hey?”

Kami reluctantly smiled, “Right again Minister. Apologies.”

“No no,” Cyneques waved a hand in dismissal, “Come, I'll get you a ride back to your hotel room.” He strode down the marble steps, waving at a lone driver leaning against a sleek speeder. He conferred with the local for a few moments, then came back up to Kami, “I'll see you tomorrow for the Moon Festival preparations no?”

“Moon festival?” Kami arched an eyebrow, pausing with one hand on the door to the speeder.

Cyneques barked out another laugh, “My, you have a lot of research to do tonight.”

Quietly cursing VE intelligence, Kami bade Cyneques farewell and settled herself in for the ride.

She woke the next morning to see a familiar, grinning face above her. And it wasn't Vasili.

“Kams!”

Kami jumped, one hand rising to clutch at her chest as she recognized Aeos, “Geezus, Ae! What the hell are you doing here?!”

The Platoon Commander of Storm giggled in an extremely unprofessional manner at Kami's reaction, settling down cross legged on the top of the blankets, “My leave didn't take as long as I thought.”

“How did you get in here?” Kami's heart was still pounding within her chest, “And why are you in here? If they see you...”

“Relax Kams,” Aeos flashed an ID badge before her, clipped to the breast pocket of the white collared shirt she was wearing, “I'm press. And we have a scheduled breakfast together to discuss the Vast Empire's plans for Kolstor.”

“Well...in that case,” Kami slid barefoot to the floor, “I should get ready.”

“Oh, and Kams, is someone staying here with you?” The question seemed innocent enough, but for the sly smile which tugged at the corner of Aeos's lips.

“It's Vee damnit Ae!” Kami cast a nearby pillow at her friend, clubbing her in the face.  Aeos laughed again,

“I know I know. You're just too damn easy to tease.”

Breakfast was a short, official occasion. Kami would have loved to sit down and drill Ae about the state of Storm but thanks to the constant observation of Kolstor factions was unable even to act naturally. She answered each of Aeos's questions smoothly and thoroughly, accepting her business card at the end.

“Thank you Sergeant. I trust you will be attending the Moon Festival?” Aeos finished, her voice displaying the slight accentuation's of the Kolstor people.

“Of course, I wouldn't miss it,” Kami clasped Aeos's hand in a brief shake, and was suddenly alone once more. Glancing down at her pager to check for a message from Vasili, and seeing none, she rose to her feet in a single motion.

“Madam, Minister Cyneques has arranged a lift to the Parliament house” The bellboy at the door to the hotel gestured towards another black speeder as she passed through the entryway. Kami hesitated, meeting the cold gaze of the driver, who stared resolutely back.

“I wasn't aware that the Minister required me so early in the morning?”

The question wasn't directed at the bellboy, but he cleared his throat nervously and answered anyway, “There was a call from parliament moments ago Sergeant.”

Unsettled by the stare of the driver, Kami forced herself to nod, and to move towards the speeder. Since her arrival Cyneques hadn't taken such liberties with her and Vasili, he had allowed the duo to organize when, where and how they would travel.

“Good morning,” The driver opened the door for her with practiced flourish, the motion failing to reassure Kami. Silently berating herself for being paranoid, Kami settled herself into the speeder, already thinking ahead to the Moon festival and the potential opportunities it would present to the VE forces.

In the front seat, the driver thumbed his comm twice in signal, then pulled smoothly into the traffic.
Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe
Jester Squad

SMKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  298
Total Posts:  2159
September 10, 2008 4:52:58 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates was blowing shit up. And therefore, having the time of his life at the same time. He wiped a bit of sweat off of his slightly painted face, just enough to throw his skin tone off; he wore glasses as well, a look that he actually enjoyed. He was slightly shorter because of his gait.

But that was a moot point. He vaulted to the top of the fence, it wasn't designed to stop someone determined. He pulled a slug thrower from his jacket and fired some rounds into the air.

Full-auto blazing in one hand, Gates reached into his jacket. An image appeared in his glasses; it was a built-in HUD.

"No time now, ma'am. Blowing shit up." He tapped the 'record' button. His hand went back into his jacket; it held a reload for his rifle and a flashbang. He ejected the spent magazine, letting it fall to the ground. It didn't have his prints on it, and therefore couldn't be tracked back to the VE.

He primed the grenade and side-armed it towards the barracks. It exploded just as the NR soldiers began coming up.

Gates laughed like a maniac, firing a few shots into the disoriented soldiers.

"Hot damn!" He yelled.

"No chatter on the comm!" ordered Helena.

He pulled another party cracker from his jacket; a pair of flash-bangs tied together with a concussion grenade.

He threw it through an open window. "Ooops, that's got to be someone's paperwork."

Gates spent another clip into the embassy. He tapped Helena on the shoulder.

"What now!?" she asked, firing a few more suppressive rounds.

He slung his rifle, and pulled his last two toys from his jacket. And smiled.

Helena let a grudging smile cross her face.

"Hell yes!" he muttered, pulling his lighter from his pocket. He lit the two moltov cocktails and threw...
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Forward! And Fear not Pain nor Death!

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  351
Total Posts:  535
September 11, 2008 2:38:39 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
From when they'd stormed the barracks the only resistance they'd come across had been the six men who'd been stationed at the entrance for the night. Though they were half asleep and were dispatched with quickly. There'd been no sign of any other New Republic troops emerging from the barracks.

The music from the disco had been turned of from when the first shots were fired. Most of the people coming out of the disco ran back inside. The lights switched off and the doors were shut.

Orobos glanced around the compound for signs of the enemy in case they were trying to flank them or the other team. Flash bangs were thrown left right and centre lighting up the entire area. Orobos' vision swirled in front of him. So many flash bangs had been thrown and he wasn't exactly out of the blast radius. He was lucky that he wasn't feeling the full effects. He needed to be alert in case the New Republic soldiers inside the barracks tried to launch a counter attack.

Orobos hammered in all the windows in the barracks and the watchtower which stood in the top right hand corner of the compound. Pulling out a bundle of flash bangs he threw one by one in through the broken windows. Surprised yells and screams of pain met his ears as the ears of the screamers were bleeding from the deafening sound from the flash bang.

He fired up into the watchtower bullet holes from the solid ammunition appearing in the wooden floor. Across the other side of the compound there was just as much chaos. Orobos could see flashed and watched as truck burst into flames. The chattering clank of the quick firing slugthrower was extremely loud. Civilians were running back inside the disco. He couldn't see anything else beyond the compound.

Orobos replaced his spent magazine with his second last one and fired a few shots in through the windows of mess-hall for good measure. Just them to massive fire balls erupted to his left engulfing two of the NRs trucks in the blaze.

"What the hell is Gates doing over there?" Orobos yelled as th heat of the massive explosion which had now become a bonfire washed over him,

"How do you know it's Garryll?" Inyk asked,

"He likes blowing things up,"

"oh," Inyk said as blaster fire started firing on the other teams position,

"NR troops!" Orobos yelled over to Tanus who signalled them to follow.

They ran around the outline of the compound along the fence. No-one seemed to notice. A few brave civilians had approached the fence and were gripping it now fingers through the wire crouched low staring at the chaos unfolding before them. They would be the first of many to go running to the tabloids about the attack on the New Republic embassy.

They came around a few barrels. The other team had taken cover and had kept the defending New Republic soldiers at bay while they came around. Now the whole squad was firing on them. The enemy was in dis-array firing randomly into the darkness they started to retreat into the barracks.

The sound of boots hitting the path alerted them to reinforcements. A truck was parked outside the compound and twelve New Republic troopers bounded out of th back rifles clutched in there hands, uniforms neat and tidy, faces set.

"Some sort of rapid response team. Let's Go."

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  1363
September 12, 2008 7:46:51 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami was absorbed in the latest report from VE intel when the sleek armored speeder struck them side on. She had no warning. At one moment they were sitting calmly at the lights, and the next, the world was turned upside down. The first sign that something was wrong was the strangled scream from the front of the speeder. The driver, caught completely off guard, must have seen his death catapulting down on him.

The armored speeder hit the ministry speeder directly on the drivers door, caving the brittle metal inwards with the force of the blow. The whole vehicle collapsed, the frail roof crumbling as the left side of the speeder billowed into the right. Kami had strapped herself in on the right passenger side, and had she not, she would have most certainly been crushed. She felt herself scream, though the sound was drowned out by the horrible cacophony of roaring engines and tearing metal.  Kami's left arm slammed violently across her body, her head connecting and smashing into the viewing glass at her side.

Then, abruptly, it was over.

Silence, except for the gentle ticking of the speeder's engines. Her ears ringing, Kami forced her eyes open only to see the splattered remnants of the driver before her. The entire weight of the speeder's frame had torn into his soft flesh and effectively turned him into a human pancake. Later, when Kami was capable of sane thought, she spared a thought for the man. He had been a pawn, an effective tool, but a victim none the less. His superiors had sacrificed him in order to get a shot at her.

Biting back a scream as she tried to move, Kami looked down at her arm, which was bent at an obscene angle. Broken most likely. Forcing herself to pull in a calming breath, she mentally assessed the rest of her physical condition. Nothing else was causing her pain, although the warm liquid trickling down her face and obscuring her vision suggested a head wound.

Voices sounded outside the speeder, followed by shouts and the sound of military grade engines. Her attackers most likely, coming to confirm the kill.

Kami forced herself to reach for the seatbelt clasp, biting her lip as the movement triggered a wave of fiery pain from her mangled arm. Somehow, she managed to get free on the first try, before rolling onto her stomach to crawl out of the shattered window and into the street. It was torturous progress, her arm slamming down each time she pulled herself forward. Glass and shreds of metal caught at her face and body as she maneuvered out towards the small gleam of daylight.

Finally, she was out, cool fresh air billowing about her as she came unsteadily to her knees. The noise was clearer now, a series of shouts, men arguing a few meters away.

“... you get out the bleedin' way!”

“My wife!” A thoroughly distressed voice, “Please! She's been run over, please help her!”

“Get out of the way!” The sound of a fist hitting flesh, followed by the thump of someone or something hitting the ground. A civilian, obviously a hindrance enough to give Kami a few more seconds to get free.

Using her good arm, she reached into her right boot, pulling free the small holdout pistol concealed there for emergency occasions. Checking the charge, she made a break for it, limping away from the wreckage and into the gathering crowd. A few faces turned to follow her, but Kami slipped out of sight before they placed her.

The previously beautiful day now seemed eerie. Kami stumbled along, her green gaze darting from shadow to shadow as she made her way into the relative safety of the alleyways of the city. She had to get away. Whoever wanted her dead had risked an awful lot attacking her in broad daylight. They would risk much more to ensure that she was found before she could initiate an investigation and expose the players.

Dizzy from pain, nausea and shock, Kami chose another alleyway at random, charging down it as shouts sounded behind her. She had to get to the ministry. Only there would she be safe. Her political immunity wasn't solid protection in the streets. She still had her comm, but was afraid to use it in case it had been compromised. Her once guarded fear was now irrational. She needed to stop panicking and think calmly.

Another deep breath, another wave of pain from her arm. Kami forced herself to slow, to move less suspiciously. A roundabout rout to parliament house perhaps. Anything to keep herself alive just a little bit longer.
Jester Squad

SMKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  141
Total Posts:  630
September 13, 2008 8:24:30 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"Nice..." Jori proclaimed as Bright pulled the cover off the speeders. Immediately Jori hopped on the Zoom II and began examining it,

"I call this one"

The weapons sat on a table opposite the speeders. Jager half limped, half strolled over and picked up one of the DH-17's. Classic blaster pistol, big, chunky and ugly.

"If its all the same to you, I am sticking with my M3" Jager exclaimed, shooting a glance over to Bright before placing the blaster back down on the table.

"No, Lieutenant Aeos gave us these weapons for a reason" Bright retorted, "I am not about to go against her direct orders, which means you aren't either"

Jager smirked, "Sergeant... I'll point out that we are a recon element, and in the words of the Lieutenant" he paused and changed his stance in a poor attempt to impersonate Aeos,

"Sergeant Brights team will act as path finders for Paladin squad", both Bright and now Jori, who had ceased examining the speeder, were both staring at him as the impersonation finished.

"That was terrible, I am glad she wasn't around to see it" Bright added, shaking her head slowly.

"Not the point... The point is that we wont be involved in any fighting, And if we do get involved in something it wont matter what weapon i am carrying" Jager stated confidently,

Bright paused, "You aren't drunk are you?"

Again he smirked, "Not really... I am guessing its the pills, But hey its the Moon festival. A time for dirt farmers to gather with other dirt farmers and discuss the finer points of dirt farming"

It was obvious that Bright was tiring of Jager's antics, "Alright, Alright. Leave the blaster, just pull yourself together. Your a trooper, act like one"

"Can do chief" he stated standing to attention then saluting, a move which he Immediately regretted as a sharp pain shot up from his recently cracked rib. The pills did a lot to mask the pain, but it still hurt.

"You are going to be alright for this... aren't you?" Bright asked with a subtle tone of sympathy as she gathered her equipment from the table. Jager simple gave a thumbs up as he stood hunched over hugging his ribs. After a few moments the pain passed and he quickly gathered his kit.

Bright picked up the spare blaster and examined it, "Seems like such a waste...",

"Give it to Jori" Jager said, Bright nodded and turned towards Jori who was still sitting on the speeder,

"Jori, Catch" she called, tossing the blaster in his direction.

Jager limped over to the Zephyr-G and carefully got on. It had been ages since he last rode a speeder, but as they say, once you've learnt you never forget.

As he got comfortable Brights voice crackled over the Comm "Comm check", both Jori and Jager tapped their Comm's in acknowledgment.

"Right, I'll lead. Ready?" the Sergeant asked, turning to both troopers.

"Ready as I'll ever be" Jager stated as Jori nodded.

"Try and keep up" Bright added before she took off out of the warehouse and into the street, Jori quickly followed. Jager paused for a moment and took a deep breath before taking off after bright and Jori.
Jester Squad
TRN/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
==Always the Leader, Never the led==
TX-47
ComNet Cadet

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  254
Total Posts:  615
September 13, 2008 3:45:07 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
OOC:
Incomplete; working around RL to finish...

Tank selected the DL-44 with massive modifications.  Stripping the casing revealed a surprise; inside was the guts of an Aratech Ionmaster heavy blaster, slightly more powerful than the Blastech's DL-44 without mods.  Yet modified it was, with the scope and other components from the '44.  The firing chamber was more than twice the size it should be.  Hmnn.. The construction is good, parts are top quality and properly connected... I think I'll keep this one...

Tanus broke Tank out of his reverie, "Tank, take Inyk

Flashbangs, smoke grenades and other FX gear cleverly disguised in the gutted casings from rebel IEDs, recovered by the Empire when the rebel base and its hidden cache was found.  Now they are mostly harmless props that will serve the Empire.  This'll be fun... was the thought the Stormtroopers shared as they prepped their packages for delivery.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  354
Total Posts:  535
September 15, 2008 3:15:34 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos crouched low behind the barrels which were thankfully empty of any sort of explosive substance. Precise, concentrated laser fire flew over head in small bursts keeping them pinned. The squad of New Republic soldiers were slowly advancing on there position.

"Alright we're getting out of here. Tank and Orobos provide covering fire, we'll move out of the compound and then provide covering fire for your withdrawal."

Orobos leaned out from the side of their cover and sent a spray of bullets towards the enemy. They scattered taking up firing positions behind destroyed vehicles. TX had his weapon on single shot and with pin point accuracy dropped a New Republic Soldier not fully concealed. Orobos sent another burst of shots towards a few soldiers keeping them pinned. A burst of fire to their left signalled the rest of the squad had made it to cover outside the compound.

Without hesitation they ran sprinting out of cover, trying to keep as low as possible. A spray of laser fire came from behind flying in all directions. It was a miracle that it didn't hit them as they were out in the open with no cover. It must have been a hasty shot. The covering fire from the rest of the squad increased the ping and rattle of the solid slugs bouncing of the hull of the various vehicles parked in the compound. They'd cleared the gates and where now almost to the alley. Putting on a last burst of speed they made it into the darkness.

Inyk and Garryll held their position at the mouth of the alley as the rest of the squad pulled back to the street to make their getaway. After a few more seconds of firing into the compound Garryll and Inyk followed taking up the rear as the squad dashed out onto the empty poorly lit street and across into the other alleyway to a small pub. They paused at the end of the alley they were running down as several more trucks sped down the road towards their target. Belated reinforcements no doubt going to secure the area.

They arrived at the apartment they'd rented a room in to change into their gear. Climbing back up the ladder of the fire escape up the side of the building to their floor. The window was left closed but unlocked and they climbed inside. Changing back into civilian clothing they stowed the gear for the operation in several duffle bags. They split up into small groups as not to look suspicious and made their various ways back to the hotel where they were staying. They all met in the lobby. There Tanus told them to get some shut eye.

Orobos dragged himself up the stairs and into the room, the door sliding shut behind him. He was both physically and mentally exhausted. He had never felt this tired in ages. Not since the massive operation on that ice planet.what had that planet been called again?........ah Yka that was it. Orobos thought back to that icey death trap. They were still the Dragoons back then. Lost some good men there.

Orobos collapsed onto the small bed provided by the hotel and closed his eyes. It had only been a small skirmish yet he was so so tired. Orobos wasn't old, no far from it. Just a bit out of practice. Once we're back on Tadath I'll try finishing my combat engineer training. And maybe a few more simulations, he thought as he drifted off to sleep.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  303
Total Posts:  2159
September 16, 2008 3:06:21 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates stumbled home with his squad. He was beat; waking up in the middle of the night after staying up past midnight on watch and then attacking an embassy?

Too much without adrenaline. He flopped down onto his bed.

"Just a few hours' sleep..." he muttered, then fell into a deep sleep.

*****A few hours' sleep later******
Gates jumped to his feet. There was someone banging on his door. Gates looked carefully into the little eye-hole. It was a waiter.

"What the hell? What d'you want?!?"

"Room servise!" the man said with a thick accent. "Zis is for a Mr. Jonzan?"

"What the hell?! I'm not Johnson! I'm one of the Imperial soldiers, not one of your damn tourists!"

"Of course, zir."

"GO AWAY!"

"Okey-dokey, zir."

Gates slammed the door, fell onto his bed again. He'd like to shoot the entire damn hotel staff at the moment - or just blow the entire damn thing to the ground.

He sighed. He unfortunately didn't have enough explosives.

He turned to his bathroom, shaved, dressed, etc.

He decided to re-calibrate the weapons at his disposal again; sniper rifle, pistols, a few knives of different styles, a few grenades.

He cleaned and checked every weapon. He slid a slugthrower into his shoulder holsters, knives into their usual positions.

He then trotted out of the room. Once the non-com reached the lounge, he realized that his SL was there, conversing with his ASL.

Tanus looked up, waved him over. Gates mimed eating, pointed to the buffet.

His boss nodded, went back to his conversation. Gates grabbed some coffee, eggs, bacon, and other heart-killing food, slapped it onto a plate, and took a couple slices of bread as well.

He walked over to his SLs' table, sat down.

"What y'all doin' up so early, if I might ask, good sirs?" Gates said, digging into his food.

"Well Gates, we're watching you eat." Tanus replied, swiping a piece of bacon from his plate.

"I wanted that..." Gates complained.

"Insubordination?!" Helena joked.

"Of course not, ma'am. The soldier exists only to follow orders and fulfill the wishes of his commanders."

The two leaders of Black Jack smiled and laughed, depending on their mind set.

A hand tapped him on the shoulder.

"'scuse me?" Gates asked, turning around.

"You're a stormtrooper?" asked the owner of the hand, a boy barely ten; his mother was walking rather briskly over to them.

"Yup." Gates replied, dabbing at a spot of grease on his lip.

"I thought that all stormtroopers had armor and wore it all the time...."

"No. We're just human. We've got to eat, drink and sleep with the best."

The boy's mother caught up to him. "What did I tell you about talking to strangers?"

She caught his arm and walked away. The boy stared at the trio of Imperials as he walked away.

"Weird." Gates said as he continued his meal. He quickly polished off the last of it.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Forward! And Fear not Pain nor Death!

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  79
Total Posts:  304
September 17, 2008 9:05:52 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Zooming through the city streets, Jori silently remarked at how fast the speeder was. He was sitting low enough where the wind wouldn’t slow him down much, but high enough up that he could actually see. He had one hand on the grips and the other hand patting his beltline where the DH-17 was. When he was sure that it was still there, he reached around to his other side and checked the combat knife. Reassured, he made sure nothing was in his way and he quickly looked over his shoulder to see Jager and Bright riding his tail. He turned around and grinned.

I hope Jager knows his goes up to about half the speed mine and Bright’s go. But, if they want to go fast, I’ll show them speed.

Jori sped up and left them in the dust, but they caught up. Although Bright stayed, Jager was soon left behind. Laughing, Jori slowed down, forcing Bright to do so as well. Taking out his comm, he tried Bright.

“Okay. What do I do now? We can wait until Jager catches up and then you can tell us where to go. Or what?” Jori said, keeping it close to his face so he could hear and talk.

“That would be good. Slow down and wait for Jager. When he gets here, we’ll split up and gather intel on the city for Paladin.” Bright said, sounding a little bit grainy over the comm.

Acknowledging her, he closed the channel and returned the comm to his pocket. Looking around as he slowed down, he noticed it was nearly pitch black with the only light source being the light poles stationed along the street. After a few minutes, Jager arrived and slowed to a stop. Getting off the speeder, he walked over to Bright and Jori did the same.

[i]Alright. Since we have to do recon on water supplies and fuel, I suggest that you, Jori, and you, Jager, should search for fuel and if you find any, fill up Jager speeder as much as it can hold. Jori, you scout ahead and comm Jager to let him know if you find any and Jager, you concentrate on looking for any that Jori missed. I, on the other hand, will search for water supplies so Paladin can contaminate them. Ok. Move out.” Bright said
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
==============================================
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  1369
September 18, 2008 2:35:31 AM    View the profile of Kami 
“You lost?”

Kami jumped where she had collapsed momentarily against an alleyway wall for support. She had been on the move for an hour, constantly changing direction and doubling back to lose her pursuers. The homeless beggar questioning her now was the first person to get a good luck at her. She hesitated, her finger tightening about the trigger on her pistol. He'd more than likely point the men chasing her in the right direction. Innocent as he was, he would have to die.

“Kams!”

Kami almost sobbed aloud in relief as Vasili abruptly appeared at the end of the alleyway, a trio of Cyneques personal bodyguards on his heels, “Vee! How..?”

“I knew something was wrong when you weren't at the hotel,” Vasili slid an arm beneath Kami's shoulder to support her, “I called Luan, and then checked with the doorman. Then it was simply a matter of finding the wreck and tracking you down,” He paused to smile, “And I know you far better than the morons chasing you.”

“You don't know a damn thing,” Kami automatically countered, the fire in her reply lost as shock began to settle in.

“This way,” Vasili steered her past the now confused looking beggar and into a side door, “You're safe now.”

It was, Kami later reflected, somewhat ironic that she had accidentally managed to hurt the New Republic's campaign more than the combined efforts of all of the VE forces. After Vasili had whisked her safely back to Cyneques office, details about her speeder accident had emerged. The driver was a local man, distantly related to the bulky commanding officer of Ardric Riles personal security force. After only an hour or so of questioning, the security chief had admitted to engineering the attempted assassination after receiving direct orders from Riles. He had realized that his silence would ultimately mean a life sentence, and wasn't prepared to throw away his life for his employer, now matter how well he was paid.

Cyneques moved quickly. Ardric was arrested publicly, timed perfectly so as to have maximum exposure. Orquis and Saprin were also arrested under the justification that they might have been willing accomplices, although ultimately no-one involved in the process believed the claim. It was simply another blow to the Republic and their supporters, as the hundreds of Kolstor locals at parliament house saw the officials cuffed and lead away.

Kolstor's government was in chaos. The press reacted to well timed statements emerging from Cyneques office, newspapers flooding the streets with hard hitting headlines such as 'Chief Minister Riles Disgraced!' and 'New Republic: All a Scam?' In comparison, Kami had been cast as the well meaning victim, the Vast Empire representative out to win support in a legal and helpful manner. The death and destruction caused by Storm platoon was too precise to cast blame.

Cyneques stood up temporarily to the position of Chief Minister until elections could be organized, although there was little doubt in the minds of the Kolstor people that he would legally acquire the position once the paperwork was pushed through. He managed to take time out of his busy schedule to ambush Kami and Vasili as they made their way towards the shuttle that would take them back to Tadath.

“Kami my girl!” The smile was as wide as Kami had ever seen it, Cyneques blue eyes crackling with new found energy, “To think I almost missed saying goodbye!”

Kami smiled back, pausing mid platform to allow the Minister to catch up. He clasped Kami's hand gently, flashing his megawatt grin at Vasili before speaking again, “Your men have already left?”

“Earlier this morning,” She confirmed, “Thank you for arranging everything so quickly.”

Cyneques waved a hand, “I owe you far more than that Sergeant. Perhaps you could return for a visit when I'm sworn in? It would be nice to negotiate an alliance with a familiar face.”

“Perhaps,” Kami allowed, aware that she would probably be assigned elsewhere by that time, “It would be nice to see more of Kolstor.”

“Sergeant!” The pilot from the shuttle was hovering uncertainly at the bottom of the ramp, “We have to lift off if we want to make good time.”

“Of course,” Cyneques swept into a bow, “Have a safe trip. And thank you both again for your support.”

Kami and Vasili snapped a salute simultaneously, a motion that obviously pleased Cyneques and the small group of Ministers at his heels. Turning, they jogged up the ramp and into the interior of the shuttle as the roar of the engines intensified.

“Well, you went ahead and made it a little too easy for me,” Vasili drawled as he leaned back into one of the plush passenger chairs, the shuttle rising into the air as he did so.

“Apologies,” Kami replied, her sarcasm unmasked, “Next time I'll just lock myself in my room whilst you go off gallivanting hey?”

Vasili offered a crooked grin, “Sounds like a plan.”

OOC:
Alright, that's it for the thread. Thanks again Storm, let's look to the Quick Write Competition from now on
Jester Squad

[This message has been edited by Kami (edited September 18, 2008 2:38:51 AM)]
TX-47
ComNet Cadet

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  259
Total Posts:  615
September 19, 2008 5:57:13 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
OOC:
Placeholder for post-in-progress.  Computer crashes every 20 minutes.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  304
September 19, 2008 7:30:08 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Dude... the story is over. If you think you can get a last minute post in, then forget it.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Hidden Agenda (Storm Platoon)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:54:05 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 216  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >