Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 
 
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Strike to Mekmin-Jester
 
 
 
Author
Topic:  Strike to Mekmin-Jester
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1609
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 22, 2008 2:51:45 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
OOC:
Okay you lot. The Phases are there for you to use a guidelines if you think its time to move th story. Give everyone a chance to follow it. And really, it just a guideline, you can add your own little side plots as well, one of the hostages is the best friend of your character, whatever. Feel free to add in some strategy of your behalf as well, just don't go overboard.


OOC:

Phase 1:
*Receive mission objective
*Preparations for mission
*Board shuttle

Phase 2:
*Reach drop-off point
*Recon area around house and area
* Gather information on suspected captors and captives

Phase 3
*Decide on entry technique(airshafts or kicking down the door:P)
*Infiltrate
*Clear house out without any civilians dying
*Capture criminals dead or alive



OOC:
Mission:
Planet: Tadath

City:  Mekmin
Location of objective: Outskirts of Mekmin

Situation:
Retired Colonel taken hostage along with family in house.
Motives: Unknown

Equipment:
*Blaster pistols of choice.
*Flash Grenades
*Melee weaponry



“Right, it’s skin ID-ed, here’s some override authorization codes and whatnot else,”
Aeos nodded dumbly as the technician loaded the data to her datapad.

Weird

The technician smiled and saluted before he made off to another work station for duty leaving the blue-eyed female alone in the corridor.

“So weird…” she whispered almost inaudibly her hand reaching out to the small mechanism protruding from the wall. It glowed softly, throwing a blue hue across her fingers tips while scanning the microscopic skin patterns

*******************

“Settled in Chief?”
“You could say that,” Aeos muttered grining ear to ear as Zafo picked his way across the floor already littered with papers and boxes that still needed to be moved.

“So what up?”  he asked while he dropped to his chair, propping his boots on her desk.  Aeos only sighed as she rapped the tips of the one boot with her pen before returning to her paperwork.
“I think we’ve got a mission, now” Aeos muttered as her Comlink vibrated followed by two sharp chimes.

“That will be Riqimo,”
“What up Boss?”
“Hostage sitch in the city, currently you’re only ones near enough to be off assistance, want it?”
“There’s a reason why recon stands next to our name boss, but sure, yeah, we’ll deal with the locals,”

Aeos sighed and leaned back into her chair.
“Wanted something more serious?”
“More action driven, you know how boring the office work is?”

Another chime sounded through the air, this time on her datapad, Riqimo had passed the necessary information over.

“At least we’ve got some new blood in as well,” Zafo muttered as he took the initiate to send out an alarm to the rest of the Jesters on their wristcoms.

“Yup, trained by me, now we’l l see what sort of trainer I am,” Aeos replied as she bolted from her chair to join Zafo who was already in the process of leaving the room in order to prepare.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited February 22, 2008 3:05:57 PM)]
Jinx
ComNet Novice
 
Jinx
 
[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
 
Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  173
Joined:  Jul 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 22, 2008 3:30:47 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
Hand to hand training was hard but Jinx enjoyed working up a sweat and the chance to throw someone around for a while.  The session ended after an hour and Jinx made his way to his quarters.  He entered the room and closed the door behind him.  He threw his towel down in the closet and began to undress to get cleaned up.  The shower felt good after the workout but he only stayed in long enough to get clean.

He began to dress when his wristcom chimed.  He took a quick glance at it and saw that it was an alarm from the higher ups.  Jinx finished dressing, making sure he had his uniform on correctly.  He grabbed his new DC-15s, strapped it in a holster on his side, and placed his vibroblade in a sheath on his back.

He then quickly exited his room, door shutting behind him.  He kept a decent pace as he made his way down the corridor to the shuttle bay.  Jinx looked around and spotted several shuttles.

"Of course, well looks like I'm waiting for the rest of the squad" he sighed.
LCPL Jinx/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath [EW2C][LoR]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
[This message has been edited by Jinx (edited February 22, 2008 6:01:31 PM)]
Doriana_Emeritus
ComNet n00b
 
Doriana_Emeritus
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 24, 2008 4:00:18 PM    View the profile of Doriana_Emeritus 
Doriana awoke with a start, only to realize the comm was going off, The chiming noise she heard meant the higher ups had sent a message to them. She got up, took a shower, dressed and then reached for the comm. only to see the message upon it. She furrowed her brows and read the message. The blaster was put into her holster after she took the saftey off and set it next to her alarm which was very loud indeed.

The alarm had not woken her however, the comm did! She got into the elevator and hit the down button which led to the ground floor of the base where she was. On her way to the shuttles she spots another member of Jester, who was named Jinx and waved.
TRN/PFC Doriana_Emeritus/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath


Jester Squad
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Bathlar
ComNet n00b
 
Bathlar
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  18
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 25, 2008 4:29:08 PM    View the profile of Bathlar 
199 thought Bathlar, as he rounded the corner again. One more lap, and he would be done for the day.

He started off again on the predetermined course he had chosen earlier, rounding the next corner. He decided to end his workout with a bang, so he broke into a sprint to tackle the last bit of the lap. Bathlar loved to run, it was the only time he was fully at peace. As he ran his mind wandered. He thought of himself, who he was and who he would become. He thought of what he had done, and what will may do in the future, most of all he thought of his parents. He always thought about how they were doing, where they were and if they missed him or not. Whenever he ran, he got to thinking; maybe i made the wrong choice, maybe i should have stayed. But then he would remember why he left in the first place, and he knew he made the right choice. He put his mind back to running.

Bathlar took long, graceful strides, and thought to him self just how awesome and graceful he was, but the thought quickly vanished as his wrist started to beep and, in his confusion, he tripped and toppled to the ground.

Well, Bathlar said aloud, picking himself up off the ground, Looks like we got a mission to attend to.. and he started off towards the briefing room.
PFC/Bathlar/Echelon/Jester/Tadath/VEA/VE

Jester Squad

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Bathlar (edited February 25, 2008 4:30:45 PM)]
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1625
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 26, 2008 3:34:23 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Slow, slow, slow, pick it up!”
Aeos sighed as she stared at the slow-pacing Jesters disappointedly.
This was not even a real mission.

She sighed; she’d hate it if this lack of speed was due to her.
“You there, Private, “  Aeos gestured the one female recruit to report to her presence.
“Private Doriana Sergeant,”
“Right, you get your fellow privates and load the equipment, -“
Her glance caught Decembrist whistling as he boarded the ship, bottle and rifle both clutched miraculously in the same hand.
“Decembrist, you can help as well, and get rid of that rifle” she pointed sharply to the three crates filled to the brim with their mission equipment.

It was a full five minutes later, and Aeos venting with frustration.
‘Can you believe it!” she growled to Zafo, storming past him in his seat on the LAATI.
“What’s wrong?” he inquired after her.
“No available pilot,” she muttered strapping herself in the driver’s seat.
“Oh shit,” was all Decembrist mumbled when Aeos ignited the engines.

Another thirty minutes later, and the Decembrist fell face first out of the vehicle, kissing the ground while attempting to keep his stomach at bay.
“Aeos, next…time-I’ll drive,” Zafo murmured weakly while picking a pistol from the crate as he moved along in the small queue.  Aeos grinned sheepishly at Zafo as she pulled her helmet across her face.
“I’ll try and remember that Zee,” 
Her voice changed electronically as it changed over to the radio.
“Right, Jinx partner with me, Zafo, Bathler you two partners, Dori, Decembrist you two will stay stationed outside and keep the house in check at all times. Let’s recon the area and the house’s surroundings before breaking entry. Move out,” Aeos briefed, standing in the doorway of the LAATI, one hand resting on the hip, the other leaning against the vehicle frame.  She lithely hopped to the ground ignoring the available small ladder protruding at the side and glanced at the house.  The area has been cleared of local security as she requested earlier, and right now it was only them, the captors and captives.

It was already late in the afternoon, and the sun was dipping low behind a sea of clouds. The house was medium sized, small for the rich area in which the Jesters found themselves however, yet the garden was humongous with space for two of the Colonel’s house.  The backyard of the mansion was fenced with a beautiful marble type of tile though offering no security at keeping people in or out.

“Right, recon people, move it,” Aeos whispered feeling obliged to keep the silence to a minimum.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Jinx
ComNet Novice
 
Jinx
 
[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
 
Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  173
Joined:  Jul 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
February 29, 2008 11:29:49 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
The house was of medium size which wouldn't normally be a problem to scout the exterior of.  But this house had quite a few windows which would make this a bit difficult.  Jinx sighed and watched as the two other groups moved off in their own directions closing in on the house.

Jinx turned to Aeos and waited for her command for them to move.  The key would be silent, but quick as they had to avoid being detected but able to scout the house without taking a long time.  There was no way to be sure how long the captors would hold out before getting frustrated and try something stupid. 

With a quick sprint across the side yard, Aeos and Jinx came up against the left side of the house against the exterior wall of a room that was extended from the main side of the house.  This gave them a good view of the front left side window and kept them out of sight.

Jinx crouched and leaned his head slightly around the corner, looked into the side window but saw nothing but a small corner table and lamp.  Bringing his head back around he shook his head at Aeos, indicating nothing was seen.  Aeos nodded, and the two of them moved closer to the edge heading toward the rear of the house.  The light from another room could be seen, and they would have to lean a bit further around the corner to be able to see inside the window.

Aeos crouched low, leaned over and looked into the window from an angle.  She brought her head back quickly, looked at Jinx and raised one finger.  Jinx nodded in recognition of the sign, one captor in the room.  She leaned back around the corner and raised up just a bit from her crouching position.  She then took two crouched steps around the corner for a better view into the room.

Jinx waited with his pistol ready, an armored hand came back in sight, and signaled that the room was now clear.  Jinx stood half crouched and hurried to the back of the house while Aeos kept an eye on the room.

As he approached the back left side of the house, he saw a shadow on the lawn.  He knew that there was very large window looking out into the backyard and from the shadow he knew that someone was standing close to it.

Jinx looked back at Aeos, took three steps toward her and whispered, "At least one standing near the rear window, I can't get around to look without knowing where they are in the room."

"Ok, switch with me" Aeos responded quietly.

Jinx came back up to Aeos and switched positions with her.  He kept an eye on the room as she neared the corner of the house.
LCPL Jinx/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath [EW2C][LoR]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Doriana_Emeritus
ComNet n00b
 
Doriana_Emeritus
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 2, 2008 4:32:37 PM    View the profile of Doriana_Emeritus 
She stood there silently in the gardens not making a noise What to do what to do? She though to herself, one little mistake could cost her a limb or her life if she ever missteped. She stepped towards the other side of the house and stood there staring at the window, None were home it looked like, but looks could be decieving.
TRN/PFC Doriana_Emeritus/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath


Jester Squad
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

 
Riqimo
 
[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Scripter
 
Post Number:  1274
Total Posts:  2382
Joined:  Oct 2006
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 3, 2008 4:53:32 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
OOC:
Bum da dum... Plot Twist!


“I don’t know!” a blindfolded man, robbed of his proud military dignity, was strapped shirtless to a chair by rope that was starting to dig into his arms.

“I’ll put it as simple as possible Colonel Tarhiel, you give us the information we need, we let you and your family live.  Now tell us, where is he?”  The interrogator pulled the cigar slowly out of his mouth, and just as leisurely blew a puff of smoke into the retired Colonel’s face.

“I’m telling you, I don’t know!  Okay, so I led the operation, I have no idea what happened after that! You are wasting your time!”

“No Colonel, you are wasting mine.  My patience... and my civility... is starting to wear a little thin.”  He replaced his cigar and pondered as the thick smoke filled his lungs, “perhaps,” he let the smoke out through his nostrils while he finished the sentence, “we need to motivate you a little; perhaps your daughter will be sufficient persuasion?”

“I’m telling you I know nothing!  Leave my family out of this!” there was a sound as a leg of the chair lifted up from a quick jerking movement and settled back onto the exotic wood floor.

“Perhaps you should have thought of that two years ago Colonel.  We want our man back, and you are going to tell us where he is or we may just have to kill your family one by one... although your son is kinda hot”

The Colonel’s eyes widened considerably under his blindfold and he snapped his head towards the voice, “You can’t be serious! He’s fifteen!”

“A minor? The interrogator’s pondered as he blew another smoke puff into the Colonel’s face, “Hmm, makes it more fun... don’tcha thing Frors?”

A somewhat appreciative grunt came from behind, near the door, “Not my tastes, but his daughter ain’t bad...”
“She’s nine!” Colonel Tarhiel shifted in his seat violently, “You sick bastards!”

“Just tell us what we want to know, else we might have some issues here...”

“Mangol, prison facility there... your man was sent to Mangol...” the Colonel muttered, “You’ll find him there...”

“Thank you, now I think you understand that we cannot let you... alert authorities.” A silenced slugthrower placed a small caliber bullet at near point-blank range through the Colonel’s head, taking much of the fatty gray matter with it.  “Frors, we got what we need, time to get out before we have some issues.  Radio the intel and call for the shuttle to meet us at the predetermined point.”

“I’ll do that immediately.”

“Few of the men will remain here, make it look like a normal hostage situation.  And that means leaving the family here, including the daughter.”

The man nodded with a slight hint of dejection, “Yes, sir.”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Put a blaster in a citizen's hands, and you have an expendable troop.  Put a purpose in his heart, and you win a soldier.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

SL/SGM Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC]
[AS-1][SoH]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]


Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE

SW Image Database
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited March 3, 2008 4:54:45 PM)]
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1640
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 3, 2008 6:11:43 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Aeos’ eyes narrowed, but never did they flinch as the colonel slumped down into his chair. She ducked out of sight when whoever disposed of the colonel neared the window and took another deep breath from his cigar. He was talking, but the glass was clearly of good quality as no sound relied back at her or Jinx.
“We really should’ve loaded more equipment,” Jinx muttered softly before biting his fangs down on his lip.  They huddled together behind the big shrubbery clouding the window’s view partially.
“No time to complain, we’ve got a dead colonel, and we’re dealing with a bunch that is professional with this,”  she added with a worrying frown etching to her forehead.  She holstered her pistol back at her hip, and glanced at Jinx’s shadowed helmet before reaching for her Wrist-Link. \
“Guys, hold your positions, stake-out till I call it otherwise, “
She heard Decem groan lightly at this across the link. She grinned and shook her head. Just as she cut the connection, another vibrated its way to her nerves.  She took a quick glance at the window, and back at the HUD screen of her wristcom.  HQ

Mere minutes later, and Aeos found herself leopard-crawling across the yard to the road, and beyond. Groaning and mumbling and growling as she made her way about.  A certain Private Verkur has recently been placed a few short hours ago in Jesters, and already he was insisting at joining them in them in the field.  He’s name did sound familiar.
“Must’ve been one my Hellgate Squadies at one point,” she muttered to herself while pushing long green grass lashes away from eachother. Dim lights shone on her as a two seater speeder came to an slow halt. It’s engine barely idling at the attempt of keeping the silence.
Someone’s dark silhouette hopped of the speeder, and crouched to the ground before proceeding to crawl towards her.
“Private Verkur, reporting for dut-“
“Shhh”  she held up an hand, her head whipped around.
Another shuttle vehicle as stopped in front of the house, expertly her hand flew to the small pouch of her utility belt. She threw at the vehicle with a mighty swing, seeing as how it was mere yards away. Luckily the driver of the speeder, who dropped her newest Jester off, had the brains to dull out his lights.

The front door of the house opened, and light flooded the garden and porch. Praying no one was in sight Aeos watched as the man what she assumed to be the leader, leave with a content expression on his face.
“Jinx, get your ass over here,”
“Right Chief,” he muttered back at her.
The enemy vehicle pulled away slowly, crunching the small pebbles on the road.

“You,” she pointed at the pilot of the speeder,
“Uh…yes ma’am?” he answered back questioningly.
“Get off the speeder, I’m using it,” she states getting up, she grabbed verkur by the little collar material his armour provided and pulled him up to his feet.  The pilot meanwhile wasted no time in getting off. Jinx was at her side as well a few minutes later.

“You threw a tracking device at them, didn’t you?” Zafo’s voice crackled at her on the Comm.
“Yep, wrap this up here at the mansion if you can, I’m taking the recruit and Jinx with me as back-up” she relied back.
“Gotcha,”
They cut the open connection and Aeos threw Jinx the small compact datapad she carried with her.
“Research the area where we’re heading, I’m driving, and Verkur, you’ll be clinging yourself somewhere on the speeder,”  Aeos ordered sharply.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Verkur
ComNet n00b
 
Verkur
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  272
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 3, 2008 8:57:18 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
Verkur finished putting on his katarn armor when his datapad began to buzz. Moving over to his desk , Verk apped the screen and the message opened.


To: Private First Class Verkur
From: 2nd  Lieutenant Riqimo


Trooper,

It would seem that your urgent need to join Jester Squad on their current mission has been granted. A speeder will be waiting for you in hanger 2. It will take you to the drop zone.


                                        Congrats on your advancement and good luck on the mission,
                                                                                                         
                                                                                                              2nd Lieutenant Riqimo



Verk smiled and slid on his helmet. He grabbed his rifle and attached it to his back and holstered his pistol. He took a quick look around his room, and left. Verk ran to hanger 2 at an easy sprint, never losing his breath. Arriving in the hanger, Verk made his way over to the speeder, not an once tired from his sprint. He motioned to the pilot.


"You my ride to Jester?"

The pilot nodded.

"Get on and we can leave."

"I'm ready when you are."


The pilot put on his helmet and mounted the speeder, Verk got on behind him. The speeder gerguled to life as the pilot pushed the ignition. Within minutes the speeder was humming, and flying quite fast through a desne forest. After about fifteen minutes of riding the pilot began to slow down, and lowered his lights. The pilot pulled up behind a lareg bush in the dark garden and turned off his lights.

Vek hopped off the bike and crouched between the bush's. A dark shape was crawling its way towards Verk and the bike. So Verk got downa dn started crawling towards rhe figure. He tired to intorduce himself but was cut off with a sharp 'Shh'. He shut his mouth.

After a few moments the action statred to kick up. Verk, his squad leader and another member of Jester hopped onto the speeder bike and began following a shuttle that help something of importance.

Verk tapped into his helmets comlink and made a connection to his squad leaders.


"Hey, can I have a bit of a briefing? I mean I have no idea whats going on here. What was our missions? Who are we following? Why?"
TRP/PFC Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

* DM turns the gas on max, locks all the windows, turns off the ventalation system, leave the room, and locks the door behind him
* Verkur|jester wonders why DM left the room
DM- You'll figure it out when the gas pushes the air out of the room
Verkur|jester- Ah
* Verkur|jester waits patiently[img][/img]
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1641
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 4, 2008 4:15:28 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Oh…I would’ve thought you’d at least be briefed, hostage sitch, and I don’t know who we are following or why,”  Aeos relied back, while keeping her armored fingers curled tightly around the handles of the speeder.  She kept lights of the vehicle dulled, while keeping a good distance away from the shuttle.

“Jinx, anything interesting yet?” she asked at zabrak, who was still muddling around with the map.
“Nothing yet Ma- woah! Watch it,” he muttered as she swerved sharply to the left. Verkur was at the back, holding on for dear life. Comfortably, two people would be able to be seated on this model speeder, it didn’t mean three won’t fit; the comfortable complex however will disappear.
She dared to take her hand of the one handle while setting her Com-Link to Zafo’s port. 
“Zafo, status report,”
“Took down one door guard at the back, unconscious and secured, need to move in quickly now, someone’s gonna miss him and report,”
“You do that, we’re still on the road,” she replied ignoring the static fuzziness that came through every once in awhile.
“Good, keep it safe,” Zafo replied back, Aeos grunted something back at him before cutting the link.
“Jinx?” 
“Mangol Prison Facility is all I get on this area, then plain residential housing for the prison keepers-“
“Shit…I wonder”
She brought the speeder to a halt.  Verkur fell facedown to the tar, gladl as the ride stopped.
“Should we alert the authorities? “  Verkur composed himself and picked himself up from the ground.
“Yes, I think so, but this is a sensitive balance act, if the driver upfront get wind of us, the colonel’s family might not make it,  what do you propose Jinx?”
Aeos glanced at him,
“Jam their communications, the second before they are arrested,” the trooper replied back thoughtfully.
“Sounds good, get on contact with Mangol, and warn them, tell them to jam the all Comms around the vehicle, we’ll keep following in case there’s a change in scenario,”  Aeos muttered, swinging a leg back over the leather seat of the speeder. Verkur groaned while Jinx only chuckled as he prepared his WristComm for contact with the Mangol Facility.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Jinx
ComNet Novice
 
Jinx
 
[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
 
Post Number:  90
Total Posts:  173
Joined:  Jul 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 4, 2008 11:53:33 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
It took him but a minute to reach someone at the facility, they're actually fast there he thought to himself and chuckled slightly.  He looked back quickly to make sure Verkur was still at least somewhat on the speeder.  He almost felt sorry for him, but he had been in the same situation before.

"Mangol Facility this is Lance Corporal Jinx of the Vast Empire.  We are currently following a shuttle headed your way.  We want you to jam their communications at once." Jinx said over the comm unit.  He wasn't sure how they would take havening a low ranking trooper ordering a communications jam but he really didn't care at the moment.

"Lance Corporal, message received and commencing communications jam....now.  They are are now silent to everyone.  Let us know if you require any other assistance.  Mangol Facility out." a gruff voice came back over the comm unit.

Jinx was almost in shock at how easy that went, "Mangol has them jammed, we can take them whenever your ready" he said to Aeos.  He contacted the facility once again "Mangol Facility this is Lance Corporal Jinx, thank you for the assistance.  We'll be in contact, Jinx out."
LCPL Jinx/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath [EW2C][LoR]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1644
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 4, 2008 4:20:03 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
OOC:
Right, this will be a short post, written do some simple damage report *glares at Riqimo*
http://www.vastempire.com/main/ref/systems/sys/rheagent/

Sorry guys, Riq was referring to mangol the asteroid planet thingie. I didn't edit anything, hope you lot understands where I am heading with this,




“What on Lopen…”
The shuttle was changing direction, heading east from its original path.
“Watch it Aeos!”
She brought the speeder to a skiing halt, and whipped her head around to face the two men. She took off her helmet.
“Jinx, what lies east on the map that should be significant?, ASAP,” she ordered crisply.
Jinx’s fingers fumbled about as it flicked across the datapad.
“Only a space hangar…”  he answered after a while.

Aeos allowed her thoughts to turns around for a bit.
“Jinx…that vehicle’s comms isn’t jammed anymore, they’ve long since escaped the prison’s range, contact the hangar, and give them the same warning, ordered for an immediate arrest,”
“What’s going on?” Verkur asked, frowning.
“We still don’t know why those men left the house, but my head drifts about the Mangol-“
“But they just left the road leading to Mangol,” Jinx interjected.
“Yes, but there is another Mangol…” Aeos muttered, turning her head upwards, staring at the starry sky.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Verkur
ComNet n00b
 
Verkur
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  272
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 4, 2008 4:53:02 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
Mangol? Why does that soun.....NO!

"We can not let them earch that hanger!"

Verk started to panic, but qucikly recompsed himself. He knew of Mangol, and he knew who was there.

"I dont know how much you all know about my past. So let me explain. I used to be an assassin. Worked for a hutt named Nagado. One of my marks was a Trandoshan named Sai'Kon."


Verk hopped off the stopped speeder and began to pace a bit.


"He was the only one ever to escape my blade. Got away and so, to escape me, went to jail. That slimy slug. So he went to Mangol. An asteroid. Has a maximum security prison on it, and thats where Sai'Kon is. Hes dangerous and CAN NOT BE SET FREE."

Verk took his DC-15 off his back and loaded the weapon.

"Under no circumstances must he get out. If he does though..... he dies."
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath


* DM turns the gas on max, locks all the windows, turns off the ventalation system, leave the room, and locks the door behind him
* Verkur|jester wonders why DM left the room
DM- You'll figure it out when the gas pushes the air out of the room
Verkur|jester- Ah
* Verkur|jester waits patiently
[This message has been edited by Verkur (edited March 4, 2008 5:00:20 PM)]
Jinx
ComNet Novice
 
Jinx
 
[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
 
Post Number:  94
Total Posts:  173
Joined:  Jul 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 4, 2008 5:38:24 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
"On it" Jinx quickly replied.  He raised his wrist slightly and began to search for the hangar's code.  He found it quickly as it was a common one used by many other hangars in the empire.  He clicked his wrist comm and began to speak when he heard Verkur talk about his past.

He listened only for a second as he had to get this call in to the hangar.  "This is Lance Corporal Jinx of the Vast Empire.  There is a shuttle headed your way.  They are to be detained immediately and under no circumstances allowed to leave this planet."  He said with a quick commanding tone.  "Lance Corporal Jinx, this is Local Hangar 107 Delta, message received and dispatching security teams now.  Hangar 107 Delta out."

Jinx sighed slightly, "hangar has their order and is dispatching their security teams but I think we better still get there and fast.  No telling how well trained the security will be and if they can handle this without us."  Jinx paused, "and I haven't had the chance to use my new pistol either" he chuckled.
LCPL Jinx/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath [EW2C][LoR]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Verkur
ComNet n00b
 
Verkur
 
[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
 
Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  272
Joined:  Feb 2008
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 5, 2008 7:23:34 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
After Jinx relayed his message and recieved conformation on the order, Verk moved over to the speeder and looked at how much fuel it had left. Not much Verkur rubbed the back of his neck. He turned to Aeos. If it wasnt for his helmet blocking his face, both her and Jinx would have seen a very distressed man, even touhg his voice did not betray his true feelings.

"I agree with Jinx. We need to get there as quickly as possible. I dont mean to take charge, but Sai'Kon is a vile creature, wanted on several planets. Has the rest of Jester finished their mission?"

Verk stopped talking and clenched his shaking hand. He took a deep breath.

"We need to get to that shuttle. If they get past security, which I have a feeling they might, we head straight to Mangol."

Verk moved back to the speeder and started it. He checked the fuel again, and then the ammo in his pistol. All was good to go.

"So we ready to leave?"
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath


* DM turns the gas on max, locks all the windows, turns off the ventalation system, leave the room, and locks the door behind him
* Verkur|jester wonders why DM left the room
DM- You'll figure it out when the gas pushes the air out of the room
Verkur|jester- Ah
* Verkur|jester waits patiently
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1649
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 6, 2008 4:18:25 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos’ eyes narrowed.
Did he dare?...
“Trooper, step down from that speeder,”
Verkur’s helmeted face looked at her in what Aeos could only assume was a confused expression.
“But-“ he cut back.
“That’s an order, now calm down,” she muttered, keeping her voice level controlled.
“But, he’s-“
“I have a good idea of what that thing is capable off, but us…heading to Mangol? Out of the question,” she snapped.
“Aeos..we have…” Jinx started, but he dropped the discussion as Aeos looked at him warily.
“I’m not going to chase after some guy when my mission objective is the opposite direction, but hold on…”
She sighed, and brought her WristCom to mouth level. She tuned the volume, adjusting it louder, enabling it for both Verkur and Jinx to hear.  For a moment, they only waited as her Comm attempted clear connection.
“Gunny Dryk’y?”
“Yep, that’s him,”
“Squad status,” she asked sharply.
“One week since that business in Coruscant, please gimme something to do, bin sittin on my ass for six days, “  he muttered, his rough and gruff corellian accent shining brightly through to their ears.
“No time for jokes Gunny, get your squad ready, head to Mangol, the asteroid ASAP and intercept enemy force if they manage to get past the base hangar on Tadath. We suspect they’re heading to the prison facility there, request security leashes on inmate Sai’kon. ID number: Unknown. Out”
“Copy that Sarge,” he replied cutting the link. Aeos disconnected her wristcom from the HQ base line before ruffling a hand through her hair.
“Right, that’s settled…Private next time,  you suggest the course of action, allow me to think about it… Now get off that front seat, we’re heading back to the mission objective, I haven’t heard from Zafo in a bit and it worries me, so I won’t let this compromise our miussion. This one is out of our hands, and quite frankly….there’s thousands like him in this galaxy alone, there will always be the likes of Sai’kon everywhere,”
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
Jinx
ComNet Novice
 
Jinx
 
[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
 
Post Number:  97
Total Posts:  173
Joined:  Jul 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 7, 2008 11:41:23 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
Damn I hate when she looks at me like that, although I have to admit it's affective Jinx thought to himself bringing a smile across his lips.  Jinx decided not to respond but instead waited for Aeos to climb aboard the speeder and followed suit.

Verkur hesitated for a second, Jinx knew that this had to hurt a bit but he also knew that if she felt that it was handled then it was.  He looked back to Verkur, "come on" he said as he waved.

Verkur climbed aboard also and got a good handle on the speeder, Jinx tapped Aeos on the shoulder and said "we're good" and braced himself for her driving.  The speeder started and made a quick u-turn and headed back to the house.

The trip was fast, almost like the chase had been but even faster because there was no concern about being spotted.  Aeos brought the speeder to a halt and all three of the dismounted in a quick but silent fashion.  There was still no word from Zafo and the three of them did not know the current situation.

Jinx quickly turned to Verkur and said, "I know your worried about Mangol, but if she feels like it's taken care of it is.  I'll ask about making a call once this is over if that will help."  He wasn't sure if this would help at all because he didn't really know the situation or Verkur's past.  But he felt that Verkur would just have to trust in Aeos and the rest of them.
LCPL Jinx/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath [EW2C][LoR]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Zafo
ComNet Member
 
Zafo
 
[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  758
Total Posts:  765
Joined:  Apr 2004
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 9, 2008 2:51:35 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The first goonie went down with little trouble. A quick rifle whack to the back of the head had his face on the cold tile floor in no time.

"Secure him so he's still around when we come back for him."

Bathlar nodded as he pulled a pair of restraints from his belt. He bound the guard to a radiator on the other side of the small room.

"We gotta get moving." Zafo stated as soon as the guard was secure.
"As soon as they find out something is up with him, they'll get antsy and might do something stupid. I plan on bringing the Colonel's family out of this alive."

"There is a staircase right over there," Bathlar motioned just outside of the room. "I know it might not be standard protocol, but I think splitting up would be a good idea. Like you said, we don't know how much time we have."

"If you think you can hold your own, fine by me." Zafo replied casually. "I'll take upstairs, you sweep downstairs. There should be another staircase on the other side of the house. Work your way up once you are absolutely sure the downstairs is clear. Keep your comm open in case of emergency."

"Ill see you later then." Bathlar replied before slithering his way around a corner and out of sight.

"Good Kid... maybe a little over confident though..."

Zafo holstered his rifle and drew out his pistol. Lighter and more accurate, it was much better suited for stalking his way through a house with an unknown number of foes. He bit his lip as he took the first step up the staircase. He released the pressure when the stair emitted no creaking.

Once atop the staircase, he paused and listened. A television could be faintly be heard, muffled by several walls, no doubt.

"I said, take it off."

The voice was much louder and clearer than the background sounds of the entertainment box. It was followed by laughter of three, maybe four individuals.

"No."

The reply was barely audible in comparison to the power of the first voice. The pitch was also much higher.

"Scream, and your life is over."

The order was followed by an audible thump. By now, Zafo had crept along the hallway and had found the source of the commotion. All that separated them was a cheap wooden door.

"Now, I'm going to ask you one more time... or I'll do it myself."

"No."

"So be it."

That was Zafo's cue to intervene. From the sound of things, all instigators were in the same corner of the room. Two solid steps, rise and fall of Zafo's leg and the door went crashing to the floor. Much used to the intensity of live combat, Zafo scanned the room in a split second. As he predicted, all four men were in the same corner. Three were sitting on a couch, while the fourth was advancing on a beautiful woman, no doubt the Colonel's wife.

The first shot flew from Zafo's pistol into the chest of one of the men on the couch, the only one with his weapon already drawn. The rifle went falling from his hands as he slipped into unconsciousness. The second shot would have gone to the man advancing on the Colonel's wife, had she not shattered a decorative plate over his head. While he recovered from the shock, Zafo dropped the other two men, who were both scrambling for the weapon of their fallen comrade.

"Amateurs."

The woman already had another plate in her hand, ready to send it flying into her assaulter's head once again. The man simply fell to his knees and raised his arms.

"Please!" He begged, "Spare me!"

The woman looked over to Zafo, who had his pistol drawn on the man as well. He smiled and nodded and the plate fragments went flying around the room as the captor went face-crashing into the floor.

"Your son and daughter, where are they!" Zafo demanded immediately. Finding and securing them was now crucial.

The woman just stood and stared at Zafo in shock. Her gaze shifted from him, to the three dead men slumped over and around her couch, to the unconscious man at her feet. Her face was pale and her eyes horror-struck.

"Ma'am, I need to now right now! You think nobody heard what just happened?"

Her face quickly shifted from a ghostly white to a very ugly green.

"They... they are being held in the cellar downstairs... they... they..."

Already, Zafo had his comlink in his hand.

"Bathlar, this is an emergency, report."

"...This is Bath, I thought I heard something going down upstairs. I was just doing a double sweep of the downstairs, there is nobody here.

"I got into a little mess... I have the Colonel's wife secured and four hostiles down. Did you check the cellar?" Zafo snapped quickly.

"No...didnt see any reason anyone would be down there." Bathlar replied, a hint of embarrassment in his tone.

"Well there is, the Colonel's son and daughter are apparently being held down there."

"Oh shit. I'm on it." There was a noticeable concern in his voice. Then silence.

Zafo turned his gaze over to the woman who was no sitting on the floor, completely panic struck.

"I have a man downstairs who is going to do his best. These men are fairly sloppy at what they do, everything should be okay. Are there any other men upstairs?"

The woman swallowed hard before attempting to answer.
"I... I don't think so. I mean... the one on the floor here, who isnt dead said he was going to round everybody from the upstairs so that they could have..."

"Okay, I'm going to do a quick sweep to double check, then I'll be right back."

Zafo cuffed the unconscious man to yet another radiator. He grabbed the rifle two of the men died fighting over and handed it to the Colonel's wife.

"Easy to use," Zafo said, flicking a few switches and adjusting some knobs. "If anyone but myself comes in, point it at them and pull the trigger."

Zafo quickly but cautiously made his way through every room of the entire upstairs. The room with the Colonel's limp, lifeless body was quite an unpleasant sight.

"I wonder if his wife knows."

Zafo began to grow concerned with the absence of news from Bathlar. As if answering his worries, his comlink crackled to life.

"Zafo, the two kids are safe. I have two baddies dead. The boy's wrist is probably broken, and they both need to be treated for shock...but apart from that..."

"Excellent," Zafo replied with a sigh of relief "Bring 'em up here and I'll contact Aeos."

"I dunno about that." Bathlar answered with a cough. "I got hit pretty bad in the leg, I can't get up... I've also got a cut in my arm bleeding slightly more than I'd like it to.

"Shit." Zafo answered. "I'm going to contact Aeos and call to get you help. Send the kids upstairs, the house is clear now. Hang in there."

"Gotcha." Bathlar answered faintly.

"Aeos, Zafo here. The house is secure. We have a total of five dead and two unconscious and secured. The wife and children are fine, but will need to be treated for shock. Bathlar got into some trouble while trying to save the kids, so I'm going to call for medical assistance. He should be able to hang in until then."

"Glad to hear the family is safe. Try and help Bathlar out if you can until the medics arrive. " Aeos replied, somewhat stressed. It seemed they were still in action. "I'll get back to you shortly, we are still busy. Hang tight."
~ZaFo~
()VehicleCrewman ()

Jester Squad

TRP/SFC ZaFo/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live, Love, Ride.
Aeos
ComNet Expert
 
Aeos
 
[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist
 
Post Number:  1660
Total Posts:  3141
Joined:  May 2005
Status:  Offline
  RE: Strike to Mekmin-Jester
March 10, 2008 5:03:22 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
Zafo…come
She was edging on her Wrist-Com to beep, willing it to report about the situation.”
"Aeos, Zafo here. The house is secure. We have a total of five dead and two unconscious and secured. The wife and children are fine, but will need to be treated for shock. Bathlar got into some trouble while trying to save the kids, so I'm going to call for medical assistance. He should be able to hang in until then."

Despite still driving down the long road, Aeos let go of a breath she didn’t know she was keeping in.
"Glad to hear the family is safe. Try and help Bathlar out if you can until the medics arrive. " Aeos replied, somewhat stressed. It seemed they were still in action. "I'll get back to you shortly, we are still busy. Hang tight.”

Jinx grinned into the small mirror at the side of her left handle.
“See, Zee handled it no problem,”
“Yeah, “ she grinned. Verkur didn’t say anything, he was turning a sickly green due to the akward position he found himself forming in order to hold on for dear life of the speeder. Aeos’ wild driving didn’t help it either.
“Anyhow, lets just get to the house, Jinx, mind calling in a squad shuttle to pick us lot up? Mission completed, Verkur, if you want,  there is still time. I insist actually, Gunnery Sergeant Dryk’y still needs to leave base. If you hurry up with gearing for the mission, you can join him,”

Verkur only nodded. Aeos remained uncertain at what trooper was saying. At least this mission was over and done.


OOC:
Story done people. No more posty on this one. Verkur feel free to take this into a personal story on Storynet.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad

PA_SL/GSGT Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
DI/GSGT Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/AD_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Strike to Mekmin-Jester  |  New Posts    
 

All times are CST. The time now is 7:53:08 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 99  |  Bots - 2
 
< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >
 
Powered by ComNet Version 7.2
Copyright © 1998-2022 The Imperial Network
 
This page was generated in 0.882 seconds.