Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Army Main ComNet > Changes...to be updated as they occur

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Changes...to be updated as they occur
Epic
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Changes...to be updated as they occur
February 3, 2002 1:33:20 PM    View the profile of Epic 
Woohoo! ...Is that good that we're Green Beret type people?

-----------------------
Uhhh... uhhh... ummm... I dunno... ?
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
February 3, 2002 1:40:56 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
So, if I get this right: Wraiths: Special Ops Dread Knights: Black Ops

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
February 3, 2002 1:47:59 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
LOL!!!  That sounds about right.  We do the stuff no one else is lacking enough morals to do    BTW, that was a great analogy 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
February 5, 2002 4:03:34 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
yeah that sounds cool

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
February 5, 2002 4:50:36 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Alright, equipment needs...and my projections on them. Here goes.... Dark Dragoons - Repulsorlift squad Standard stormtrooper armor, Stormtrooper II carbines and A-280 armor-piercing rifles, 2xStorm Skimmer Repulsorsleds, 1xHoverscout Raiders - Walker squad Standard stormtrooper armor, Stormtrooper II carbines, 2xAT-ST, 1xAT-ST/A, 1xPX-4 Mobile Command Base -or- replace one AT-ST with 2xAT-PT which would slow you down some Wraith - Special Operations Storm Commando armor, ES-23 ESPO riot guns and Whisper sniper rifles, 2xArrow-23 Tramp Shuttles (modified), 8xNebulon-Q swoops Dread Knights - Special Operations Storm Commando armor, X-1 Concussion rifles, Whisper sniper rifles, E-11/H rifles, 2xStorm Skimmer Repulsorsleds, 1xX10 Ground Cruiser Look them over, modify what you think is wrong, needs added, etc. Remember that you are - within reason - allowed to carry a different weapons load; so if you are heavy weps, you can have a repeating blaster or grenade launcher, a sharpshooter can get a sniper rifle if they so choose.  Grenades and knives are up to you as well.  If you can conceivably carry it without slowing down your squad, use it as your SL's discretion. As for heavy ships, consider the Dominion ready for overall use, the Scythe will likely stay as a Spec Ops craft...and we can work on having some kind of transports specially assigned to squads as well should ppl want them. As always, if you need something for a storyline, feel free to check to see if you can use it.  The equipment list is to be a guideline, not a restriction.   ----------------------- XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Company Commander Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited February 5, 2002 4:55:49 PM)]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 5, 2002 6:23:12 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Fish-like suggestions for alternates: Dark Dragoons - Mechanised Infantry Std Stormtrooper armour Stormtrooper II Carbines A280s 2 x Light speeder with mounted E-Web Heavy repeating blaster 1 x tracked APC 1 x Skimmer APC Raiders - Tank squad Std Stormtrooper armour Stormtrooper II Carbines PX-4 (whatever that is) 1x AT-ST 1x MT-AT 3x AT-PT Wraith - Spec Ops Commando Armour Spec Ops Kit - Night vision goggles, silenced sidearms, vibroknives, lockpick Silenced Carbines (of some variety) 2x Whisper rifle 4x ESPO 9x Swoop 2x Shuttle Dread Knights - Spec Ops Commando armour Spec Ops Kit Silenced Carbines E11 Carbines 2x Concussion rifle 2x Whisper Rifle 1x Skimmer APC 1x Shuttle

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
February 5, 2002 7:35:59 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
How about these suggestions: Stormtrooper Two carbine A280 Armor-Piercing Heavy Blaster Rifle 2xStorm Skimmer Patrol Sled 1xGX12 Hovervan 6xSTAP 3xHeavy STAP  ----------------------- Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll PC/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1]
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited February 5, 2002 7:46:10 PM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
February 5, 2002 7:47:19 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Uh, what about those of us that have no morals in the Wraiths....I would have no problem killing someone's family

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (L) Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Dark Jedi Knight
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 5, 2002 8:28:05 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Well, you shoulda stuck with the DK  As to equipment, here's my projections on what we'll need. 4xWhisper sniper rifles 4xCustom armor(we may not want to be recognized) 4xStandard E-11s(silenced) Night vision goggles, IR goggles, UV goggles, lockpick kit, misc stuff like that. 1xTransport(hard to detect) 2xRepulsorsleds Misc spy gear Misc explosives /me looks it over.  Looks good to me 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

February 5, 2002 11:30:11 PM    View the profile of Fury 
As to the personal gear, once again, I wouldn't deem myself so much of a control freak to force those things upon you. Besides Argon, if you could find a helmet your size, you'd find a lot of those vision filters are standard options...heh. However, I do like the idea of a codified spec ops kit like Fish suggested.  That way newbies can figure out what they are going out in the field with. I spent some time going over aggregate speed and power when considering vehicles and shots per power cell/clip and lethality with the weps.  With that in mind, I really like the input I'm getting. as they seem to coincide with that. As for the Dark Dragoon's vehicle load...it seems that there is a move by Demi Wraith to go to a lighter but faster alternative.  Which I can do if that's the way he wants it. I just wanted to add a little more punch. A concern for putting an MT-AT in with the Raiders...it seems like it would be easy for that craft to outpace it's support vehicles, which would also be restricted in free movement by defending the "mother" vehicle more often than not.  It's one of those things that I'd love to do with an armor platoon, but not just yet in squad form. Then again, let's see what G5 has to say about it. It also appears that people want assault shuttles or some various thereof.  That makes sense and I'll look into it as both of our ships can carry them even if the shuttles can act independently. Keep 'em coming.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 6, 2002 7:03:44 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
ok i'm happy with what we'll get except a few things i'd request: -hieb and stich knives for the squad as i won;t permit vibroknives (too noisy) -Mynock Q33 Silent Slugthower Pistol's -Grappling guns (to help across difficult terrain and getting to higher places. also i looked up Tramp shuttles and found this: "Tramp Shuttle Model - Modified Aratech Arrow-23 Landspeeder Scale - speeder Length - 8.1m Crew - 2 Weapons - 1 laser cannon turret , 1 concussion grenade launcher Passenger capacity - 5 troops Cargo capacity - 800 kilograms Speed - 400 kmh Altitude range - 4m Description: Tramp Shuttles are medium assault speeders used for anti infantry and anti vehicle work. They fly at just over four meters above the ground and can travel at speeds of 400 kilometers per hour. Tramp Shuttles usually speed ahead of advancing troops and deliver a deadly barrage of laser bolts and concussion grenades on enemy positions." This correct?

-----------------------
Raxen
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  130
February 6, 2002 7:24:41 AM    View the profile of Raxen 
Sounds great man .. I back that

-----------------------
Sergeant Rez 'Raxen' Darkswift [Navy: Fallen]
Dark Dragoons Troopie, Nutter and Butter than Before
ETRP/SGT Raxen/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

February 6, 2002 9:32:33 AM    View the profile of Fury 
That's the craft Raz....and if you and Argon or Fish or whoever can come up with a quick spec ops kit...like able to pack along in a quick, light pack or something, give me some ideas as I don't want to clutter the roster up too much with every particular recommended sidearm and piece of gear.

-----------------------
Company Commander
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
February 6, 2002 3:51:36 PM    View the profile of g5 
ok, first of all, whats with the command thing, it's a squad, not a company. I can fight with the rest of my boys. i've been thinking about  how i'm gonna do this. first off, i'd like a PT. i'm letting the other guys choose their things. i also want to have at least one of the vehicles be abloe to carry either a speeder or a stap somehow, i don't really care how. I just want to be able to have a recon vehicle. My policy would be to basically let the ment bring whatever they felt like, above and beyond what i order, if it can fit in their vehicle. I'd like some opinoions on this. I would also want to make a armor survival kit, i'll construct that and get tyou a list within the end of the week.

-----------------------
WC/TO:A/LCM G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
February 6, 2002 4:50:33 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
How about this: Standard Stormtrooper Armor Stormtrooper II Carbines A280 Armor-Piercing Heavy Blaster Rifles 500 Squad Repeating Blaster Riot Guns 2xStorm Skimmer Patrol Sled 2xSX20 Airskimmer 1xGX12 Hovervan 6xSTAP 3xHeavy STAP

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
PC/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1]
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 6, 2002 5:37:11 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Fishy Spec Ops Kit: Universal Silencer attachment Nightvision attachement for combat helmet IR attachment for combat helmet 4x scope (universal attachment) - doubles nicely as a telescope Electronic lockpick Cianide tablet (to be taken in case of capture) That's kinda what I had in mind, though the cianide is optional as it does lend a darker theme to the kit (and also an easy way to get rid of AWOLs j/k).

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Japer
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Sith Protector (SPT)

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  463
February 6, 2002 6:22:38 PM    View the profile of Japer 
I kinda like DW's new idea for our squad.

-----------------------
GV/ SP Japer/Sith/Dark Knight 1-2 Cabal/ Eagle Sect/VEDJ

SXO/CPT/Japer/1SQD/1PLT/1/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/IOC/LoC/CM
/BS/ES 2nd Class/EoP/VP/

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
February 6, 2002 6:44:26 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
OK I've got the impression that the Raiders want to be heavy Aromor and Recon. So I'd say give us some walkers. Well, I'll make a list. the same aromor and weapons mentioed above 2x AT-ST 1At-ST/A 2x STAPS 2x Heavy STAPs and possibly another walker or assualt vehicle or some type. That's my input.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)[-GRC-][VC|G]
TRN/Journeyman sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
February 6, 2002 7:18:26 PM    View the profile of g5 
don't listen to him, he is but a peon actually, i don't want it to be a recon squad, but i want a single recon vehicle so that we can go out on our own without depending on external intel. i'm gointg to let you each chose a vehicle, as long as it is a walker. it will then have to be okayed by yours truly and fury. if you don't get me an e-mail by friday evening, well, i'm choosing for you. chances are it will be something flimsy and uncomfortable.

-----------------------
WC/TO:A/LCM G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 6, 2002 8:50:23 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Lesse, Fish's list sounds pretty good.  Here's what I'd definitely want on it: Universal silencer attachment Universal scope(up to 4x) IR/UV filters(because we really can't use Strmtrp armor... ) Some kind of dagger Med pack Cyanide tablet(see Fish's remarks...)

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 7, 2002 6:02:42 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
I'm working on the idea here that Storm Commando Armour looks kinda like Colonial Marine armour. Now I could be wrong, and if I am, someone get me a link to a piccy of some Storm Commando armour.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

February 7, 2002 11:36:10 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Here's one I found on a quick search...ought to be enough to tide you over.

-----------------------
Company Commander
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
February 7, 2002 11:54:30 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Walker? I don't like walkers. Can't we have a tank or something? I quite like my TIE Crawler that you gave me

-----------------------
AAMB/LCM Bear/VEHC/VE
------------
RET/LCM Bear/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [NDM] [LSM]
------------
TRP/LCPL Grizzly/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/Lorn IV/VEA 
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
February 7, 2002 11:57:23 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Infact, if I pay the VEEC, they could DESIGN a tank for me..!

-----------------------
AAMB/LCM Bear/VEHC/VE
------------
RET/LCM Bear/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [NDM] [LSM]
------------
TRP/LCPL Grizzly/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/Lorn IV/VEA 
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 7, 2002 12:27:35 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Cheers, Fury.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

February 7, 2002 2:13:38 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Well, you could be in a slow, plodding target of a tank...or you could rule the battlefield from a walker. In the end, it's G5's choice...I was just going according to the posts I've historically seen from current members of the squads. Plus, your cause would be better served if you actually posted as your army character Grizzly.

-----------------------
Company Commander
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 7, 2002 4:33:20 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
let me think, you'd also need some good long range radios for getting info from long distances, or a satellite ground terminal. wire cutters for getting through detterants for infiltration. eg fences, barved wire etc. claws for climbing fences are also useful artic/desert sleeping bags as we'll be sleeping rough behind enemy lines. wires for trip wires, fishing lines and assorted uses. string or wire for constructing shelters and tying equipment down. Escape belt. contains food, escape and evasion equipment, spare ammunition, water bottle, weapon cleaning kit and other essentials, useful if forces to drop backpack. survival kit on escape kit, with radio beacon and first aid kit for emergencies. Emergency rations. i'm thinking of the equipment we'll deffinately need for spending long time behind enemy lines, am i going into too much detail here?

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 7, 2002 5:06:09 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Most of that is kind of mission specific kit. I mean, you don't take arctic gear to an undercover op on Coruscant, so why put it in a general equipment list? Something does spring to mind, though - Rambo's knife (its probably standard issue or something, but that's where I saw it). Hollow handle containing needle, cord, bandage. Compass built into pommel, and nice 'n' sharp. That should be in Spec Ops Kit too. The other things on your list - that's where personal specialisation comes in: Satellite radio - Comtech Toolkit - Engineer etc

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

Shadow
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  266
Total Posts:  271
February 7, 2002 6:58:18 PM    View the profile of Shadow 
All right, here's what I recommend the Raiders' new equipment be. I know you want us all to choose our own ride, Snake, but this could be equipment we call on if needed. Or, you can give this junk to the people who don't report in to you. 1 x AT-AA (All Terrain Anti-Air ... 3 crew) 1 x AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport ... 5 crew) 1 x AT-RT (All Terrain Reconnaissance Trasnport ... 2 crew) 1 x AT-ST/A (All Terrain Scout Transport/Assault ... 2 crew) 1 x MT-AT (All Terrain Mountain Transport ... 3 crew) That would give us a wide range to choose from and cover just about any field of battle. Then, on top of that, each of us who reports in to you by your set date can choose their own personal ride. I think you and Otto both want an AT-PT . . . I'm gonna ask Cloud or Nomar to share an AT-ST/A with me. Just an idea. Let me know what you think, guys, Fury. /me salutes

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Shadow/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE

Leave us . . . the dog eats strangers.
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
February 7, 2002 9:39:18 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
I'd be delighted to share an At-ST/A with you Shadow. Or for my own personal vehicle, I'd choose an Espo 101 walker for my Recon vehicle, but it's alittle too light for a front line weapon. So I say I'll share an AT-ST/A with Shadow. I suggest that I could be the recon person. I'll look for you on IRC g5.

-----------------------
[NAVY] sk8guy

TRP/CPL Cloud/Wraith XO/5SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Death smiles at us all. All a man is do is smile back."
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Army Main ComNet > Changes...to be updated as they occur  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:00:36 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 327  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >