Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  532
Total Posts:  1849
  RE: Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
July 14, 2007 7:33:44 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin felt himself beginning to cringe at what he had put himself into. He didn't envy Yillis, at all. Everytime he looked around the newer members of the squad would return the glance, most visibly scared. And Kanderin was forced to smile, to not show his nerves. He was in charge, and a leader couldn't be seen as scared.

The gangs didn't make things any easier. Although he had to admit, whatever drug allowed them to confront as many, and as terrifying looking men, as Wraith held without a seed of doubt was remarkable. Right about now Kanderin wouldn't mind trying some himself.

He remembered simply standing back and watching as the member's of the squad did their jobs. Times like this he was reminded of their special status - they were very, very talented. He couldn't quite believe that a resistance group had thought themselves good enough to be able to cripple them. They were about to find out how wrong they wee.

Soon enough Arnaut made his way into the building, followed by the more veteran members. The newer ones however seemed far more afraid to go in.

"Keep up the pace guys, we cant stay still for too long" Kanderin called.

Dixon was the first one to acknowledge it, nodding and making his way through the hole. Flem however, still seemed very unsure. He seemed almost frozen. Kanderin wandered over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, a gesture Flem returned with a look of venom. Kanderin didn't mind that much though, it got him moving.

The occasional man could be seen high above where they were. Most of them drinking, or snorting, something. Arnaut took the front of the group and guided them around the maze, closely followed by Virius. Kanderin took the back, a pistol primed to fire at the slightest hint of danger. Snipe's took Kanderin's blind side, also armed with various weapons.

The lack of real security stunned a lot of them. Especially after an attack on a squad as dangerous as Wraith is, he somehow expected them to be on far higher security. They were obviously far too arrogant for that, their heads far too big to consider that they might well be coming for revenge.

OOC:
If no one has posted later, I'll add to this. Minor case of writer's block right now
Lance Corporal Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-

Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

ASL/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  422
Total Posts:  501
July 14, 2007 3:58:18 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
As Arnaut pointed his gun at Jo-kil, the rest of the Wraiths drifted into the room, just as their namesake would suggest. Leth and Flem were the only ones left. Flem was about to enter the room, but stopped. D'har stood behind him, whispering, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Not now Leth."

"Not now? What the hell do you mean 'not now?' We're in the middle of a goddam rebel base! Ever since you joined the squad you just sat there and glared at everyone. Give it a goddam rest."

"Piss off!"

At this point Leth was ready to kill him, but that might cause a bit more trouble than it'd be worth. Instead, Leth pulled him off the crate and slammed him into the wall. Preparing to deliver his last warning.

"Listen here Flem! If you give me any more shit, then may your god help me, I will shoot you dead."

Leth then hopped up on top of the crate and pulled himself through the hole in the floor, leaving Flem with the decision to either suck it up, or make a whole mess of trouble.
Lance Corporal D'har Leth

-=Wraith Squad=-

TRP/LCPL D'har Leth/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/Nar Shaddaa

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  534
July 15, 2007 10:58:01 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin shot a look towards Flem and D'Har as they entered the room. It was obvious by the looks they were aiming at each other that something had happened.

"Flem, go guard the entrance in case anyone heard us" Kanderin ordered "Tnepres, go with him"

Leth went to follow the two troopers out of the room, but Kanderin placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back.

"I know Flem is a bit of a nuisance" He whispered "But having you two at each others throat's wont help the mission. If Flem does become a problem, myself and Arnaut will deal with him, not you"

D'har opened his mouth as if he was about to argue, but simply closed it again and took his place in the circle around Arnaut and the woman.

A few moment's later, kanderin felt himself beginning to feel uncomfortable witnessing the makeshift interrogation, and decided to wander outside himself.

The moment he turned the corner, he saw Flem had Tnepres pinned against the wall, snarling. Kanderin jogged over and pushed himself in between the pair. Tnepres immediately released his counter grip, but Flem was far less keen, instead trying to shove Kanderin out of the way.

"He just jumped me!" Tnepres called over, as Kanderin struggled to control Flem.

"Dont lie! You pulled a blaster on me!" Flem spat back.

Tnepres charged towards Flem, and also attempted to push Kanderin aside.

Snipes soon joined the fray, dragging Tnepres away. Flem got more violent, resorting to punching Kanderin to get him out of the way. Kanderin delivered a knee to his chest and swept his legs out from under him. He slammed one of his wrists behind his back.

"One more sound and I snap it" Kanderin snarled.

"Tnepres, get back inside" Snipes pushed him towards the room.

"Listen, Flem" Kanderin said, pushing his wrist further up his back, making him whimper "Your beginning to prove yourself quite a nuisance. That's two of my trooper's you've picked a fight with so far. If I hear anything more than a tone change from you for the remainder of this mission, I put a bolt in your head and we call it a misfire"

"You can't do that" Flem struggled "It's misconduct, you'll be court-martialled"

"He can do whatever he feels is best for the squad Flem" Snipes added.

A few seconds later Kanderin got off Flem and he jumped back to his feet. For a second he looked like he was going to charge kanderin again, but instead simply stood there.
Lance Corporal Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

ASL/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  453
Total Posts:  903
July 16, 2007 5:31:59 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
There was yelling behind Arnaut, fierce and loud. A few people stomped away in a huff. The others fell thankfully silent. Arnaut hated the distractions. They weren't making the interrogtation any easier. He flexed his hand on the grip of his gun, but kept it firmly on the woman's forehead. She didn't even struggle. She was scared, yes, almost scared enough to try and break free. But she knew that one false move now could mean her corpse was going to be the one being dropped into the river later. Sweat beaded on her forehead. Already her nightdress and bed were damp. Arnaut pushed on.

"Who are you, who are you working for, and why did you try to kill us?" He asked again. The zabrak murmured frightenedly something that might've been and answer, and continued staring at the helmet. Arnaut jabbed the rifle harder, and the zabrak squealed at the sudden increase in pressure.

"Alright, let's make this simple. Can you hear what I am saying?" She nodded, "Good. Do you know there is  a gun pointed at your head?" She nodded again, this time smaller and more timidly. "Good, good. And do you know that if you don't give me the answers I want right now, so help me, I don't care what kind of knowledge you have up in that head of yours. I will blow it off." Arnaut didn't think it was possible for her eyes to go wider than they already were, but they did. She was shaking now, trying not too, and tears glistened in her eyes.

"My...my name is Jo-kil. I've...m-met you b-before," She began, stuttering. "I w-work..." She took a deep breath. "I work f-for the...for the...I work for the Government of Abregado-rae! For Shelov!" Tears were now openly flowing down her cheeks. It had taken her a lot of effort to say that. But it explained everything. Almost everything.

"Are you the only operative working for the government here? At this resistance cell?" He asked.

"Under...half...q-quarter of us work for them. Mainly the offic--" A loud chorus of gunfire from the hallway brought them both back to the reality around them. Arnaut turned toward teh doorway as a trio of shots impacted its frame.

"Oh, sh--" With Arnaut's attention turned elsewhere, Jo-kil found her chance. With a sharp kick, she knocked Arnaut off the side of the bed and onto the floor. Sliding out the knife she'd hidden under her pillow, she lunged.

Virius fist colliding with her stomach knocked the wind out of her, and forced her back onto the bed, but she was up in an instant. Jumping down, she slid right down into her boots. A quick jab to the chest sent Virius coughing to the ground. Arnaut slashed at her with one of his own knives, but she knocked it aside, kicked out Arnaut's legs from under him. He landed back with a thud, and she was out the door.

Arnaut hopped up and helped Virius, still coughing, to his feet. The staccato of gunfire got louder as the rest of his squad engaged. Arnaut picked up his rifle and his unused knife and hurried out into the corridor. There was smoke in the air, with burned wood from where laser shots had ignited the flooring. The hallway outside was a mess. The dying moaned as their life drained from them. Blaster holes riddled the floor. And there was blood. Quite a lot of blood. Arnaut moved forward, careful to avoid the already pooling, dark liquid, and stumbled on something in the dark. It was Drane. His torso was punctured numerous times by bolts, and, to top it off, Jo-kil's knife sprouted from his throat. He had been dead just seconds. Arnaut bent down and closed the soldiers eyelids.

"Rest in peace, soldier." Arnaut hadn't known him well, but in that short time, he worked as hard as could be asked of him, and fought well.  Arnaut had a battle to attend to , though, and now...now they'd just killed one of his squad. He was pissed.

Hefting his rifle up, he raked the hallway in fire. Two men trying to scurry across the perpendicular hall were mowed down. Arnaut moved forward. A man poked his head out from behind the remains of a table. A split-second later his corpse was flying through the air, headless. Arnaut moved forward again. Arnaut saw the man pushing his gun around the corner of the wall before the man saw him. Arnaut fired twice. The first exploded the barrel of the pistol. The second exploded the man's hands. He fell, screaming, and lay there cclutching his stumps. Arnaut tried to move forward, but he was pulled back. A hand grabbed Arnaut from behind. He fought it, but it pulled harder.

"Sir, she's getting away. We have to go. Now!"

Arnaut stopped and whirled around to see Tnepres, spattered with blood, urging Arnaut to go. His normal pistol was missing. In one hand, he carried his hold-out blaster. In the other was his combat knife. It was dripping red. Arnaut looked down at Drane one last time. He would kill Jo-kil. He would.

"Let's go." And they set off at a run.

At the next hallway, they found a strange sight. It was there squad, sitting and...watching. The hallway ended in an open air doorway leading out to the courtyard. The courtyard had been the only cosmetic part of the building when it was used. Now it was a dry, dusty place full of dead trees and dried, small fountains. And the most confusing firefight Arnaut had ever seen.

A resistance trooper ran into the midst, only to be cut down by one of his fellows at his side. A man shot another on the ground repeatedly, only to be bayonetted from behind. In the far corner, three resistance fighters were firing rapidly at the others closing in from all sides. They took down eleven. By the time the grenade fell in their midst and ripped apart their bodies, they were already dead. With the night hiding them in the hallway, no one payed Wraith squad any notice at all. Everything was about the brawl in the courtyard.

"It's a civil war," Snipes murmured. And he was right. The resistance was fighting itself, killing itself from the inside out. And somwhere in the middle of it all, Jo-kil was making her escape.

"We go in there, we die. There's no way to reach Jo-kil now," Yoder said angrily.

"Well, where's she going? Why? Why are they attacking each other? None of this makes any sense!" The squad all turned to look at Flem, who was frowning petulantly in the shadows of the corridor.

"In my...interrogation...I discovered that Jo-kil, and a number of her lesser officers, were working for Shelov inside the resistance. Not all of them, no, but quite a bit. Looks like they've decided to break away. And not too quietly either." Arnaut answered calmly. Much more calmly that he felt.

"That would explain why she tried to kill us..." Tnepres replied, making the connections in his head.

"And it would also mean that she's running to...to Shelov! She'll warn him!" Yoder blurted out.

"Which is why we must stop her. But she won't go to Shelov first, no, she needs to get away safely, and fade into the city. She'll know we'll be after her. She'll want to don a disguise, get away from us. Because no matter how much she runs right now, we are a highly specialized squad we would run her down."

"So...what's this mean?" Yoder asked, confused. The squad looked at Arnaut.

"It means...we wait." Outside, the battle raged on. The field had finally broken into two sides. The officers, retreating as fast as they could, and the soldiers, running them down. It would take a while to sort through the mess that Jo-kil's escape had caused. But if they could get back the support of the resistance...well, Shelov was going to be in for some trouble.

OOC:
Alright, play around with it. And start posting some more!
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 16, 2007 5:42:22 PM)]
Dixon Morgan
ComNet n00b

Dixon Morgan

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  54
July 18, 2007 4:21:51 PM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
Damn, this is screwed up!

Arnaut had decided that the best course of action was to just sit tight and wait till either the firefight died down to the point where they could jump in or to the point where there wasn't anyone left on either side.  Occasionally a soldier would run hunched over toward the building hiding Wraith only to be shot dead by one of the members of the squad.  Since there was so many blasters going off and bolts being fired across the field, nobody paid too much attention to how their comrades died.

Dixon glanced around at his fellow squadmates.  Sarge was keeping an eagle's eye on the battle raging out outside with Kanderin by his side.  Sitting with his back against the wall next to Dixon was Snipes with his helmet off and placing in his lap.  Yoder had laid his head down on his pack while also pulling his helmet off.  Both of them were fast asleep.  Crouching a few feet back down the hallway covering their rear was Virius and Flem.

I really don't know if I trust that guy being behind me..., Dixon thought about Flem, There's something not right about that guy...

Leth and Tnepres were sitting against the other side of the hallway.  Both looked like they were ready to kill.

Oh man, was there something I missed?  What happened out in that hallway when Kanderin went out anyways?

Just then a message flashed across all of their visors reading :

Lance Corporal Kanderin, 4th Squad (Wraith squad), 1st Platoon, 1st Company is hereby promoted to Corporal as shall be addressed as so from this time forward. - Battalion HQ

The entire squad, expect for Snipe and Yoder who slept on, turned and looked toward Kanderin.  Nobody could see the smile spreading across his face beneath the visor.  He just shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention back to the battle outside.  Everybody stared at him for a few more minutes waiting for a reaction but one never came.  At that point things started to die down a little bit outside.

"Alright everyone," Arnaut raising to his feet, "Let's move back down the hall a bit and figure out what we're gettin ourselves into next."

As the squad began to pack up Dixon stood and scratch his back, he kicked Yoder in the shoe to wake him and then reached down and tapped Snipe on the shoulder.  Immediately there was a blaster pistol barrel in Dixon's face.  Without a skip of the heartbeat Dixon gently pushed the barrel out of his face and looked beyond it at Snipe's expression.  He couldn't help but laugh.  Snipes was trying to blink the sleep out of his eyes while trying to figure out who woke him and what was so important that he had to be woken at all.

"It's time bro.  Sarge wants us to get workin again," Dixon explained.

"Yea, well, he better be payin us overtime is all I have to say."

"I hear ya.  Let's go, they're waiting for us."

Dixon reached a gloved hand down and pulled Snipes up to his feet.

I wonder what's up now.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
TRP/PFC Dixon/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

"It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time"
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  539
July 19, 2007 5:56:40 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The promotion had struck him off guard, that was for sure. But now wasn't the time to celebrate.

He leaned against the wall looking out at the last remnants of the battle. Behind him the squad were just getting their equipment together.

"Arn, can I have a word?"

Kanderin was already wandering down one of the vacant sides of the battlefield before Arnaut had even turned around. He stopped next to a dumpster, quickly glancing around each side of it before getting comfortable. Arnaut joined him shortly after.

"The parade is tomorrow morning" Kanderin started.

Arnaut nodded.
"I know. Your point is?"

"Its our only chance to get at Shelov, but if we move with the girl and the other spies still on the loose, we risk marching ourselves into a bloodbath. But if we go after the spies, we miss Shelov"

Arnaut didn't reply, but simply nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Let me take a small fraction of the squad, I'll track the spies down and eliminate them. That frees you up to carry on with the normal plan"

"Are you sure you can manage that? You're dealing with highly trained soldiers..."

"I grew up fighting highly trained soldiers. These streets practically mimic the ones I grew up on. Trust me, if anyone can track them down it'll be me"

Arnaut wasn't keen to let half of his squad disappear from his grip, he had already lost one soldier today. Losing another was something he wouldn't be able to bare. However, Kanderin was right.

"Who'd you want?"

Kanderin shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure yet"

With that he made his way back to where the squad were waiting. They stood eagerly waiting for either Kanderin or Arnaut to speak, the looks on their faces meant that something important was definitely discussed.

"Alright guys, change of plan" Kanderin finally spoke "We're splitting into action squads. Arnauts group are carrying on with the mission as planned. My group are tracking down and killing those spies. So let's make this easy to begin with, do we have any volunteers for my squad? About three people will be fine."

No one moved for a moment. But eventually, Dixon Morgan stepped forward. Kanderin smiled as he moved alongside of him.

Once one trooper had moved, a few others followed. Yoder and Tnepres stepped forward.

To the surpirse of the rest of the squad, Kanderin put his hand out and stopped Tnepres from joining them.

"Sorry Tnepres, I want Flem to be our last member"

Tnepres was slightly taken aback by this, but Kanderin whispered something to him and he nodded, stepping back away.

"I'm not going with you, are you insane!" Flem mouthed off, far to predictably for much of the squad.

"The rookie's are all coming with me, there's no argument" Kanderin lied.

"But you have the more dangerous mission!"

"Well, if you think working your way into a parade of over one million people, attacking two of the soldiers, stealing their uniforms, attempting to subdue a man thats over two metres tall and with arms like tree trunks without getting shot by the hundreds of armed guards easy, then go ahead"

Flem predictable went white, and walked over towards Kanderin without any more hesitation.

"If there's any problems Kand, you run away. Thats an order" Arnaut added.

Kanderin nodded, before leading his group away over the back wall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright guy's, heres the plan" Kanderin looked back at his small squad. "We're going to hook up with some of the resistance soldiers still running around the city after the spies. We are not going to let them know we're Wraith Squad. If anyone asks, we're resistance fighters just like them"
Corporal Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

ASL/CPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  467
July 22, 2007 12:40:21 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut strolled through the darkness of the courtyard. Considering the cacophony of blaster shots and screams that it had been just a few hours ago, it was eerily quiet now. The ground was pocked with holes and burn marks. The occasional blood splatter marked out where the battle had gotten rough.  Without the bodies, it seemed even emptier, quieter, even sinister. Arnaut shivered, and not just because of the cool wind that swept through.

Kanderin was already off on his hunt, the rookie's following behind. They would need to work fast to catch up to the resistance, now that it had gotten running, but he had faith in Kanderin's abilities as a hunter through the cities. Arnaut just hoped they could be fast enough.

With Kanderin gone, though, it left them to wait. There was an entire day before the parade, and the remaining members of Wraith squad could only sit tight and wait nervously. The anticipation of the event they were about to undertake had everybody on the edge. Arnaut looked up toward the dark, looming windows. Their unnerving surroundings didn't help much either.

Tnepres wandered aimlessly through the gloom, coming into Arnaut's view, looking around occasionally. Behind him, he could hear other muffled footsteps. With nothing to do and still feeling the repercussions of the adrenaline rush of the firefight, the Wraiths walked. Occasionally, they would sit down, try to calm their nerves, but there was nothing for it. So they were resigned to wander.

The sky eventually turned motley shades of gray, becoming lighter and lighter until dawn was upon them. As the first rays of the pale sun poked through the cities thick smog layer, and into the courtyard of the housing complex, Arnaut summoned the squad together. It was time to stop being anxious and start doing stuff. Through the dust speckled light, Arnaut was greeted with haggard faces, sunken eyes, and drawn looks. All of them were tired, but, as the saying went, no rest for the damned.

"All right, you know what we have to do," Arnaut began as the remnants of the squad sat down around him. "It won't be easy, bringing Shelov down. Our plan is in a bit of a mess, now there's no resistance to form a diversion for us, but we can improvise. We have a day. In that time, we need to get a workable plan on exactly how we're going to bring Shelov down. We need to get everything in place. And we need to sleep." A few people nodded tiredly, weariness showing.

"Alright then, here's what we're going to do..."

OOC:
Short, but it gives you guys a timeframe to work with. Have fun!
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  554
July 23, 2007 12:43:37 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Keep the pace guys" Kanderin called back over his shoulder, as he heard his team's footsteps flailing behind.

"But we've been walking for over an hour now, this place is barren!"

"Why did I know it was going to be you that mouthed off Flem?" Kanderin shouted back. Flem shut up, he'd already annoyed Kanderin once today and that hadn't turned out too good.

The alleyway branced out in another five directions, Kanderin paused to inspect each one.

"You dont look too good sir" Dixon said, paying careful attention to his leader's face.

Kanderin looked across to a burnt out hover, perched along the side of the way. Strangely one of its windows was still intact, so Kanderin wandered over and used it as a mirror.

His eyes were dilated quite badly and his pupils seemed darker than usual, as if they had blinds over them. His skin seemed to be tired, even his hair didn't seem as lively as it used to. He was also frowning, but it wasn't on purpose. Kanderin tried to smile, but all that did was make the frown a little smaller.

However, now he had time to think about it, he was very tired. Now he had stopped, his body seemed to be shutting down on him. He didn't let it, instead forcing himself to walk on down the closest turning.

"Im fine Dixon, and dont call me sir. I dont want anyone around here hearing who's in charge"

Not that they'd beleive it even if they were overheard. Anyone would find it difficult to beleive that the thin man who looked like he was dying on his feet, could possibly be leading the three intimidating men following him. Indeed, it looked like they were more likely to be about to mug him.

The more observant men heard the engine sound from a while off. A few seconds later, the speeder appeared up ahead, cutting down the distance between the Wraith's scarily quickly. Kanderin saw the car and simply stopped, watching it plough towards them. Everyone else dived to the sides of the alley. Dixon watched Kanderin stare his death in the face for a few seconds more, before he dived out to drag him aside. Kanderin struggled back, not allowing himself to be moved.

The face's in the speeder were visible now, snarling at the two in front of them. The snarl's turned slowly into panicked looks, as they realised the two people in front of them were not moving. The driver slammed on the breaks.

Dixon tried desperately to drag Kanderin out of the way, but he still wouldn't move. The speeder got all the more closer, evenually it got so close that the two men could spit on it. It still moved, closer and closer. Dixon dived to the ground, covering his head with his hands, waiting for the inevitable crash.

After a few strange sounds, Dixon looked up. The driver had a pistol pointed at Kanderin, with him returning the favour. The other members of the speeder had rifles pointed at Flem and the other rookie. They were also pointing them back.

"We're going to be needing your speeder" Kanderin asked, casually.

"Ha! What chance do you think you have of that?" The driver spat back.

"Well, you could hand over the speeder, or I could snap your wrist and take it by force. Either is good" Kanderin replied.

The man laughed, a laugh that quickly subsided as he noticed the expression on Kanderin's face did not change.

"What business do you have, four armed men wandering the streets?"

"Im looking for some...friends that played a rather nasty trick on us a while back"

"Funny of you to say that" The pilot lowered his pistol "So are we friend"

Kanderin's emotionless face turned to a smirk.
"So now you know you cant bully me into submission, I'm suddenly your friend?"

"It's quite obvious your resistance troopers, and so are we" The man replied.

For a few seconds, Kanderin looked like he was about to pull the trigger on his pistol. But he lowered it.

"Good guess"

We're going to co-operate with these through the remainder of the mission, feel free to advance the search or simply fill in some dark spots. Arnaut's squad, preparation. Post about the beginnings of the parade arrangements, final preperation and the like
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  565
July 27, 2007 10:29:17 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin rested his head against the side of the shuttle, letting the gentle vibrations of its outer shell rock him to sleep. He felt himself just beginning to drift off, when one of the men in front jabbed him in the chest.

"Whats your name kid? You seem too young to be travelling alone" The man grunted, barely moving the cigar away from his lips.

"Im not alone, I was leading my squad. And this 'kid' will happyily kick your ass if you want to use his age as a weapon again"

"Kand, do you want them to help us or not?" One of the men behind him hissed.

The man in the seat stood there for a moment, jaw wide open as if someone had just slapped him right across the face. The cigar was now rolling around the floor of the shuttle.

"My name is Xephilus Sekine" Kanderin eventually responded, growing very tired of his false name.

"What rank are you?" The man asked again, recovering from his shocked state. Obviously he had taken Kanderin's snappy answer as nerves, and was evidently weary of their new found companions.

Kand never even knew they had ranks. But whatever he was going to say, he had to answer quickly. And he couldn't mention Wraith Squad.

"Im a corporal" the words barely escaped his mouth.

The man sat still for a few more moments, staring deeply into Kanderin. For a second he thought he had blown it, that his gamble hadn't paid off. Then the man offered him his hand out and beforehe knew he was shaking it.

"That would make you in charge. Where to?"

Now it was Kanderin's jaw's turn to drop. A few seconds ago he was the teenage kid with an attitude problem. Suddenly he was the leader. Kanderin opened his mouth again to speak.

"Never mind!" The driver shouted over, just as he saw a couple of people run across the road in front of him.

One of them Kanderin recognised distinctly. He'd teach her for playing with knives.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

Dixon Morgan
ComNet n00b

Dixon Morgan

Post Number:  24
July 30, 2007 12:14:52 AM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
The instant the fire team loaded up in the shuttle Flem's head started to nod.  Soon enough he was falling asleep.  Dixon however was having a very interesting conversation with one of the female resistance fighters.  He had even taken his helmet off and she was running his hands through his shaggy, surfer like hair he had had during his teen years on his home planet and which he had grow back since the academy. 

He was just about to steal a kiss and maybe more when he heard Kanderin state, "I'm not alone, I was leading my squad. And this 'kid' will happily kick your ass if you want to use his age as a weapon again."

Dixon straighten up real quick and stared dumbfoundedly at his ASL.

What the hell?! Thought we were keeping that shit a serect?!

He quickly leaned forward and hissed into Kanderin's ear, "Kand, do you want them to help us or not?"

But Kanderin seemed to know what he was doing and before Dixon could say anything else to try and cover for him, Kanderin had the bear of a man telling him Kanderin was in charge.  Dixon just stared.

Just then, Dixon's gut told him something was up.  A strange electric sensation ran through his body as it always had before he made the kill while he was hunting.  He eyes became sharper, his body tensed, and he completely forgot about the resistance girl sitting next to him.  She didn't like that at all.

Before Dixon could even think of any excuse his eyes caught movement.  A small group of people were running across the front of the shuttle.

Hey hey! We found you!, thought Dixon as he pulled on his helmet and shook Flem awake. 

Kanderin must have seen Jo-kil and her little group too.  Before he could even yell for his squad to join him he had one hand on the side of the shuttle and had jumped off.  Dixon quickly followed suit.  It was then that he realized that jumping out of a shuttle craft going rather fast on to solid ground was not the smartest thing he's every done.  Quickly recovering from his stumble, Dixon glanced up to see Kanderin racing for the alley entrance they'd just seen Jo-kil take.  Glancing behind him confirmed that Flem, however slow to join, was trying to get out of the shuttle which had stopped by now.  The few resistance fighters just stared open jawed at the three men.  Dixon caught a look a awe from the young woman he had been "talking" with and before he could stop himself he had run up to the shuttle pulled off his helmet once again and planted a kiss on her lips.

Sweet as honey with a hint of mint.  Um....I like.

He broke off the kiss and began to race after his ASL with Flem just shortly ahead of him.  From the small moan of frustration that came from the girl he know that he'd just broken her heart. 

Hope I get a chance to see her again, if that ever happens.

Rounding the corner into the alley Dixon glimpsed Kanderin engaged with Jo-kil and her small group of men.  Flem had taken cover but appear to have taken a blaster bolt to the leg.

Uh oh, I'm in trouble for that one. Should've been here to cover him.

Racing up to the garage dumpster that Flem was using as cover, Dixon quickly asked, "You alright?"

"I think. Went clean through. Burns like hell," Flem said through clenched teeth.  A few more bolts hit the dumpster telling them that Jo-kil's men hadn't forgotten about them.  Flem growled through still clenched teeth and raised just his blaster over the dumpster without even looking and fired a few round off.  Dixon took more careful aim and was able to knock out a guy who had been trying to hide in a door way. 

As the man went down, Dixon watched as Jo-kil and her men ran for the door that he'd just fired at.  Taking even more careful aim this time he pulled the trigger again.  Instead of hitting Jo-kil, he took out the man behind her with a shot to the side of the chest. 

"Come on guys we have to keep up with them!" yelled Kanderin back to his fire team.  He had taken cover behind another dumpster a little father up the alleyway.  As Dixon pulled himself up to his feet, he heard footsteps behind him.  Swinging his blaster around he quickly realized that he was aiming at the young resistant girl and her fellow fighters.

"You didn't think you could get away with just one kiss did you?" she said with a wink and a smile.  With that she placed both hands on his helmet, yanked it off and pulled his face down to hers.  After a long kiss they separated.  Dixon couldn't do anything but stare wide eyed at the beautiful girl. 

"Ok, ok! Come on, Dixon. You'll get your chance," Flem was pulling on Dixon's arm. 

"Let's move guys!" yelled Kanderin up front.

Dixon and Flem moved up beside Kanderin at the entrance of the building that Jo-kil had just entered.

"Enough with the delays Dixon, please?  I feel like I'm fighting this alone and I don't like that," Kanderin said to him with a knowing smile.

He's serious but he understand too.

"I was there for ya," said a disgruntled Flem.

"Yea well, we'll see what you're good for in here.  You hit?" Kanderin just noticing the wound.

"I'll be alright," Flem stated sticking his chest out.

"You guys want in on the party too?" Kanderin addressed the resistant group. 

"We're with ya," state the hugh driver from the shuttle.  Dixon counted 5 of them total.

"Alright, let's move," Kanderin said as he kicked open the door.  Immediately blaster bolts flew from the inside.

Oh, boy, this is going to be fun.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

"It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time"
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  477
July 31, 2007 10:22:02 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut woke up. It was as simple as that. No drawn out groaning, or agonizing. He just...woke. Slipping on his boots and his baggy overalls, he slid his knives into the special pockets he'd sewn on the inside of the workman's uniform. He had twenty or so. By the end, the uniform was twice as heavy, especially after putting the light body armor on underneath it, but Arnaut had worn heavier. And no one would be able to recognize him from any of the other random, unemployed workers that wandered through the slums.  Unemployment was a big issue in the city.

Behind him, the others were waking. Tnepres, Virius, Snipes. Virius changed into another pair of workman's overalls, with the added body armor and pistols. They would wear the uniforms through the night into tomorrow's operation, to get that "rough" look on them. Tnepres and Snipes, though, only changed into normal citizen clothes. They didn't want to attract attention with the uniforms they would be wearing during the parade tomorrow.

They shuffled out into the midday gloom. The rain had started again, pooling into large puddles of oily muck. But they would not rest until they had the plan laid out perfectly. Nothing could go wrong. Nothing. They were refreshed from their brief nap, and ready to kidnap a governor.

The streets were only slightly busy at this time. Most people were returning from lunch breaks, so they had the streets relatively to themselves. The first time through, they traced their way along the parade route. Through the windy streets they walked, rain pattering off their heads and drenching them. They walked in silence. This part was the easy part. They just had to observe. Any blind spot, and sudden turn, any street connected to an obscure alley: any of them could provide a way to get Shelov out of the crowd and subdued.

"How about right there?" Virius asked suddenly, nodding to one alleyway to the right. The alley was darn, and took a sharp turn suddenly. Easy to hide around. It would work.

"Sounds good." The plan, as they'd forged it that morning, was still very rough, but there were certain things they knew they needed. Basically, Snipes and Tnepres would ride on the speeder with Shelov. They would be the ones to take him away after Arnaut caused a riot in the crowds. Something which Arnaut hadn't fully though out yet, granted, but he would do it spur of the moment. At least that's what he kept reassuring himself with.

Meanwhile, Virius would be waiting, communicating over special comlinks he'd placed in the uniforms, with Tnepres and Snipes as they made their way out of the havoc in the parade and into the alley. There they would catch Shelov off-guard, subdue him and turn him over to the resistance. Somehow. Hopefully Kanderin would find a way through Jo-kil to contact them. They had to have other cells working in the city. They had to.  Otherwise, Wraith squad would be officially screwed. Every now and then, Kanderin piped up on the comlink to record progress, but it had gone unusually silent recently. Arnaut decided Kanderin knew what he was doing. He could handle himself. They just had to worry about the matter at hand.

Arnaut tried to find anything at all around the area that could help start a riot, but nothing immediately presented itself. In the alleyway, next to a small, run-down café, five people were talking quietly amongst themselves. Arnaut tried not to look in their direction as he passed by. A few heads shot up to look at him pass, but soon they were back to talking. Soon, it became apparent to them that this man wasn't leaving. Saying a few more quiet words, two men approached Arnaut. They made the blasters holstered at their hips very apparent.

Arnaut turned his attention away from the alley and to the two people approaching him. They walked forward confidently, not know that right now, across the street, Virius had both of them in his scopes. And that, around the corner of the café, Tnepres was getting ready to jump around on a second's notice, gun's blasting. And that Snipes was hidden in the darker part of the alley, guns already drawn, just waiting for the signal. No, they walked over, chins high, casually displaying their guns, a split second's wrong move from being cut down in the middle of the alley.

"We're going to have to ask you to clear out of this area, sir," The first began. He had a thick accent, possibly local, and it was hard to understand him at times due to the way he slurred some of the words together. He himself was almost as tall as Arnaut, though being incredibly wider.

"This place is private, so I would move along and avoid trouble." the second man's voice was high-pitched and nasal. Almost comical. It fit his short, wiry frame perfectly. Arnaut suppressed a grin, both at the man's voice, and the attitude they took, even though they'd be shot at if they did a single untoward thing to Arnaut. Of course, they still didn't know that yet.

"I don't see any problem around here," Arnaut said innocently, indicating to the dark, rainy alley that they occupied.

"Me and my...associates...are trying to have a private conversation, if you don't mind," the first said irritably.

"There are plenty of cafés around, out of the rain. Are you sure you really need to be here? I mean, I'm very busy right now," Arnaut replied, in the same innocent manner. One of them growled something and brought his pistol to bear. But Arnaut was no longer in front of him. With alarm, he felt the knife slowly sliding to press against his throat. He stood still as Arnaut held him from behind. The smaller man had drawn his pistol too, but he was trying to decide whether to shoot or not. Virius made up his mind for him; a single blaster bolt whipped out and threw the pistol from the man's hands, onto the ground, a smoking ruin.

Horrified, he stared at the hand that had been clutching the gun, and then back to Arnaut. Slowly, Tnepres, Virius, and Snipes came out of the hazy fog, weapons trained on the five men in the alley. They stood rigid, fear widening all their eyes.

"Who-who are you?" the man in Arnaut's grip asked shakily.

"Let's see: armed men dressed as workers and civilians, killers on a mission, a secret terror that you don't know about. Take yer pick." The man started to shake.

"I...I don't want to be turned into the cops. It wasn't my idea, I swear! None of it!" He began to cry.

"What wasn't your idea?" Arnaut asked, looking into the man's eyes for the first time. The man sobbed something unintelligible out. Arnaut repeated his question, more forcefully.

"J-joining...the...resistance!" The man said between sobs. "I...have a family! Please..."

"So you're part of resistance, eh?" Arnaut said. Their luck was starting to turn. The man nodded, still crying.

"Get a hold of yourself, man!" Arnaut said roughly, pushing the man away. "We're not here to kill you or turn you in. In fact, we could use your help."
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

Dixon Morgan
ComNet Novice

Dixon Morgan

Post Number:  32
August 8, 2007 1:23:26 PM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
"Let's move fellas!" Kanderin yelled over the din of battle.

"How the hell are we going to?!" asked Flem with a look of total uncertainty, "We obviously can't just barge in! We'll be cut to pieces!"

"We could use him as a shield," Dixon pointed a thumb at Flem while speaking to Kanderin.

It appeared that Kanderin seriously thought about it for a minute.  Dixon could tell Flem was getting more and more nervous with Kanderin staring at him like that. 

Well, shit. I'd be nervous too. 

After a few more seconds, Kanderin shook his head.

"Nah, Arnaut would know somehow."
Dixon watched as Flem let out a big sigh of relief.  The three Wraiths started to glance around side of the build hoping to see an open window or maybe even a ladder.  Dixon leaned away from the wall and spied a window that a bird had just flown into. 

Has to be open.

At the same time Kanderin saw it too.

"Yo! Big guy!" he yelled over to the big resistance fighter who had huddled against the wall opposite of the door from the Wraiths. 

"I need to stand on you're shoulders and get into that window," Kanderin said while pointing up to the window. 

Big Guy looked where Kanderin was pointing and looked back at Kanderin as if to measure him up.  Finally he nodded.  With the grace of a bull charging the madidor, he charged across the doorway where the blaster bolts still were coming from.  Some of the resistance fighters were trying to fire back but without must a vile.  Two had been wounded in the head or shoulders.  One lay dead with his head blasted open.

Maybe we could use him as a shield.

Before Dixon could say anything, Kanderin was up on Big Guy's shoulders and had passes through the window.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Death smiles at us all....only thing a man can do is smile back.
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  496
August 8, 2007 10:29:32 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Night came upon them swiftly. The sky remained cloudy, and it drizzled, but there was no rain predicted for tomorrow. The parade was still on. Shelov was going to start from the entrance to the Governor’s palace. That’s when the decoy bodyguards would move in to accompany him down the length of the parade route. Or at least until the alleyway. Then it would be away from the crowds, the noise, the guards and onto completing the mission.

The plan had many, many chances to go wrong, but it was no use fretting over them. Most of the things Arnaut could think of would be so bad that they’d have to run for their lives to get away. The alternate, non-mission threatening things that Arnaut saw could be easily handled. Plus, if something unforeseen did go wrong, they would handle it then. No use worrying about it now.

They huddled around the hastily built fire in an attempt to stay both warm and dry. Their clothes were soaked from standing out in the light rain all day. They were cold, shivering constantly. They were tired. Their last sleep had been short. But they were happy and confident, two things they needed to be to win the next day’s fight. Arnaut was proud of the squad. They’d gotten the work done for the day. In the morning,, they would be ready for Shelov and whatever else the world would throw at them.

Unfortunately, tonight they weren’t that ready.

Arnaut’s comm crackled once in his ear. He looked around, but nobody was using theirs. Kanderin could be trying to reach Arnaut, but a quick look at the comlink told Arnaut it wasn’t his. Atmospheric interference, Arnaut reasoned.  Too many clouds, or something. Nothing to worry about. But it crackled again. And again. And again. Finally, some garbled words could be heard, but not made out. Arnaut decided that maybe it wasn’t interference after all.

“…leader. Trying to reach Senior Sergeant Arnaut, Wraith squad leader,” That’s not good.

“This is Arnaut, though I don’t know what this…Wraith…is that you speak of? Maybe we can meet somewhere and discuss this.” Arnaut said as casually as he could muster, trying to cover the man’s mistake.

“Arnaut? Don’t worry, this is a secure channel. Encrypted by the best of the best at the Army command centre.” Arnaut didn’t feel relieved. Well, not enough anyway.

“Just meet us at the end of Byss Ave. We have…things…to discuss.”

“So, let me get this straight. We were sent another recruit in the middle of the mission, even though it could jeopardize said mission,” Arnaut asked incredulously.

“That’s about right,” Spartan106 responded lightly. He probably could tell Arnaut was annoyed, but he kept that to himself. He just smiled and answered every question nonchalantly. Arnaut wasn’t annoyed at him, per se, but more so at the command for sending him two recruits within hours of each other in the middle of a covert, low-profile mission. Arnaut sighed.

“Well, you might as well get used to the squad. Virius, Tnepres, Snipes, and me, Arnaut. Kanderin, Dixon, Yoder, and Flem are out working right now on other tasks. You’ll meet them soon enough. Back at our temporary ‘base’, are a few resistance boys that’ve signed up to help us. That’s our group, basically.”

“So…where’s the new girl? I didn’t hear any mention of her.”

“Wait, new girl? What new girl?”

“The one that the command said they’d be sending in with me. Or not exactly with me, but at the same time at least. She should be with you guys already, shouldn’t she?” Spartan106 answered.

“Oh great,” Arnaut muttered.

“…squad. I repeat, I’m looking for Arnaut, squad leader of Wraith squad,” came the female voice over the comlink.

He set down the headset and looked at the group huddled around him. They had heard the signal too. Someone knew who they were. Knew they were working with the VE.

“Well, let’s go and find out who this is,” Kanderin sighed.
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-

Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  585
August 9, 2007 11:05:36 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Talstorin stared outwards, his gaze unwavering.  Seated away from the rest of the squad, he had been thinking.  The fact that his uniform was drenched with rain didn’t seem to bother him.  He had always enjoyed the rain after all.  Still, he wasn’t in the mood to enjoy things at the moment.  The trooper turned to look back at the rest of the group.  They were shivering lightly but besides that, they seemed as upbeat as ever.  Snipes was telling speculations of what Arnaut what bring back, most of them nonsensical. 

He turned away again and sighed.  The Wraith squad was his family and he had always been enthusiastic about missions but not so much this one.  In fact, he would’ve given anything not to have been here.  It had been months since Sarah sent him the message, asking him to meet her on Tatooine.  Talstorin had planned to leave for it right after their pirate mission but instead, he found that he was restricted from leaving.  There had been another mission to complete.  He felt his chest tinge in pain a little as he thought of Sarah.  Why was he such a sucker?  She had practically killed him so many times and yet it only took one sweet covered message to get him to forgive her.  Another sigh escaped from his lips.  He knew exactly why he had forgiven her.  No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t stop a part of him from being optimistic.  He had hoped that she wanted to tell him that she cared for him back, but that was such a laughable though.  How naïve of him to even think of it.  And yet, no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn’t rid himself of hope.

A fiery surge rushed through the trooper.  He began to feel frustrated with himself and with the squad.  Why of times to start a mission  that they had to do it now?  Suddenly, he felt his rage take over him.  There was a sudden urge to just rip off someone’s head.  Seconds later, Talstorin caught himself and stopped.  Figuring it was best to not think about it, he put away his thoughts.  Tommorow was an important day, he should be concentrating on the mission.  Surely Sarah could wait a couple more weeks.  Yet, thinking about the mission wasn’t exactly comforting either.  Of all roles he had to be given, it had to be one where he had to stay next to his victim for some time.  As a former assassin, he should’ve been used to it, but he wasn’t.  Most of the time he only had to be with his target long enough to pull the trigger.  The only time he stayed with his target long enough was the time where he practically lost his life.  “No,” he mumbled as he stopped himself again.  He couldn’t think about Sarah again. 

Attempts were futile and no matter how many times he stopped himself, the thought of Sarah came back.  It had seemed like hours of switching between thoughts before Arnaut came back.  Foorsteps came first and because they were the footsteps of two and not one, the squad stopped their merrymaking and tensed up.  Virius had pulled out a blaster and Snipes had taken a wooden stick and stuck it in the fire, creating a torch, something that could be thrown at a seconds notice. 

“Whoa, calm down, it’s me,” Arnaut said quickly, trying his best not to be shot or burned.  The squad seemed to relax.  Snipes, however, still had his makeshift torch.

“Who’s that?” he asked, nodding towards Spartan.

“Don’t worry, he’s the new addition to the squad.  You can put that flaming stick down now.”  Snipes nodded and sat down.  Spartan walked among the squad and said hi to some of the squad.  Most of them nodded back. 

Talstorin was normally the first person to greet a new recruit, but tonight, he just didn’t feel like it.  When Spartan approached him, he simply snarled and the new trooper backed away.  No one else seemed to notice.  This was going to be a long night.
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...
-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/LCPL Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Tnepres/HellKite

-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Spartan106
ComNet Novice

Spartan106

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  46
August 9, 2007 2:11:45 PM    View the profile of Spartan106 
OOC>>  Just a quick intro to the character, for a bit of basis for the rest of everyone.  I'll try and keep everything on track without taking away from the story too much.

-------------------------------------------

Spartan winced lightly.  Being the rookie wasn't new to him, nor were the cold greetings and awkward stares.  Transfer to a new squad was like being the lazy stepbrother who married into a family full of jocks.  Sure they might try and make it nice on the outside, but inside, they judge you, take what you say at nothing more than cost, and don't talk to you unless they have to.

Spartan smirked.  He held his hands up, as if in surrender, to Talstorin and his gesture of ill-faith.

He turned slowly and made his way back to Arnaut's 5 o'clock.  While he didn't necessarily feel safer, at least he knew his CO would have to take any friendly hostility to get to him.  And if it did, Arnaut's reactions would simply inform Spartan just how much of the line could be pushed in the name of hazing.

Around him the low echoes of 24/7 city-life kept him aware of the surroundings.  He swallowed, trying to mask his nervousness with a solid jaw, "Sir," he spoke quietly.  He didn't fear his new SL.  But he saw no reason to give the other squad-mates fuel for a verbal jostling, "Sorry about the whole late-drop thing... I tried to tell command I'd rather sit it out than jump in and risk everything.  But you know how they get--"

Arnaut held a hand up, effectively silencing his new subordinate, "Forget it, Spartan, command has a knack for throwing wrenches into the mix.  Sometimes makes me wonder if they have a think-tank set aside for the sake of trying to snafu missions.  You followed orders from the people who give them.  I don't fault you for that."

Spartan nodded solemnly, "Yes sir..." He looked to the ground and away, "And since we're gonna be working together for a while, my real name's Revan.  Just throwin' it out there for you."

Arnaut nodded, "And I caught it," he said, a half-forced smile on his face as he turned his head to keep Spartan in eyesight, "Welcome to the Wraith's."
TRP/PFC Spartan106/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

"Those who said the limits were endless were too afraid to go any further."
D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  441
Total Posts:  501
August 9, 2007 8:54:27 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Leth looked at the new Wraith, wondering how he'd do as compared with all their other new recruits.

Well, he seems to have a good enough grasp of what's going on, though he seems a bit reserved.

Spartan noticed Leth eyeing him and looked sternly back at Leth, clearing his throat.

"You see something funny?" queried Spartan, somewhat coldly.

"The only funny thing here is a guy acting serious now that he's a Wraith.  You need to unwind a bit, methinks, but not now, perhaps when we're back to Tadath I'll give you a crate of booze and dump you off downtown."

Spartan looked taken aback at the bizarre comment made by Leth.  He let loose some forced laughter anyway.

Once Arn was satisfied that a fight wasn't gonna break out, he looked over to Snipes, who had put down the torch, and then looked back at Leth.

"Leth, I think perhaps you're spending a bit too much time with Snipes."

Leth considered the comment for a moment, looked over at Snipes, and took a swig out of his flask of rum.  Nonsense. . .

OOC:
Right, rather short, but hey. . .  Squad dynamics/me posting.  Also Spartan, it's a lot more like a jock marrying into a family of lazies.
Lance Corporal D'har Leth
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
TRP/LCPL D'har Leth/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/Nar Shaddaa
[This message has been edited by D'har Leth (edited August 11, 2007 4:29:34 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  501
August 9, 2007 11:40:45 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
I hope that was a joke, D’har

“Alcoholics,” Arnaut muttered under his breath, walking off. The squad ha pitched a large, tall tent that covered the fire and the area surrounding it, providing somewhat dry ground for the squad to sleep in. The small fire they had set up had grown since Arnaut had left, and now provided ample warmth. Or…at least somewhat adequate. Arnaut unrolled his bedroll next to the blaze and lay down shivering still.

“Alright, guys, catch some sleep. I won’t have anyone passing out from fatigue tomorrow.” His command was greeted with generally sour looks, especially from the resistance fighters, but they went down all the same. Within seconds, Snipes’ snoring drained all noise from the surrounding world, and Arnaut drifted off into sleep.

His dreams were fitful and terrifying, although Arnaut could remember none of them the following morning. He woke up bleary eyed and only a bit less tired than when he’d gone to sleep. He yawned, stretching out the knots in his back, and took a big sip from his canteen.

Spluttering, he spit out the booze and stared in shock at D’har’s canteen in his hand. Woops, he thought to himself, slipping the canteen under D’har’s pillow. Grabbing his own – and he made sure it was his this time – he took a refreshing swig of water and then breakfasted on two ration bars.

It was still dark outside, because of the clouds as much as the early hour. Arnaut shuffled outside, still weary, to look around. One of the resistance fighters, stationed as the look out, nodded to him as he passed, but said no more. The ground, still wet from rain during the night, glistened in the grayish light. Everything else was perfectly still. Arnaut was reminded of the calm before the storm. You could always tell when a sandstorm was coming on Tatooine. The wind would die down, the creatures would stop their chirping and noise-making, and the world would silence.

After the storm, you would wonder how it had ever been the peaceful, that quiet, compared to the ferocity of the winds later. But for those few minutes, you usually enjoyed the peace and the quiet. So Arnaut sat down on a dry crate, protected by an overhang on a warehouse, and thought.

Eventually, the rest of the squad and resistance members woke up, and starting going about their daily morning routines. In just a few hours, they would be working on possibly one of the most dangerous and suicidal missions they’d tried.  One did not simply walk up and kidnap a Planetary Governor, especially one as tall and physically overpowering as Shelov.

“Alright, start to pack up. I want the camp broken in thirty minutes. And then we move out. Snipes, Tnepres…get your uniforms and armor on. You need to be in top condition for today.” Everyone looked at Arnaut, nodded, and then hurried on. They seemed calm on the outside, but Arnaut knew what they were really doing. They were hardening themselves, steeling themselves, getting ready for the approaching storm of battle. And what a storm it was going to be.

“Alright, I think I’ve almost go the sig…yes, yes I have the signal. Here, let me patch it through to your headsets.” The squad huddled around Virius as he twisted various knobs and buttons on his comm set he had unpacked. Overall, the thing looked more complicated than any puzzle Arnaut had ever seen, with all the different switches and wires and dials and such. But Virius handled it with the care of a pro, twisting a dial just right here, or flipping two switches on that side there. Arnaut didn’t think they’d manage without Virius’ skills.

The comlink blared with static, and then was replaced by the voice of a stern, not-too-young man, speaking in the normal accent.

“…incident resulting in the loss of two uniforms. Two secondary body guards will accompany him. I assure you, it’s perfectly safe. The Governor will be fine.”

“Where are the bodyguards now? Why aren’t they with Governor Shelov? He’s already almost ready for the parade!” The second man’s voice was a bit younger, but no less gruff. It was almost hard to tell them apart.

“They’re on their way from the barracks now. No need to worry. They’ll contact you when…” Virius cut it off.

“Well?” he asked Arnaut. From the barracks, Arnaut mulled in his head.

“Well, it’s time to make the first move, of course.”

The speeder floated down the back alley streets, pressed for time. It had to make it to the start of the parade before Shelov started it. Their lives could be forfeit if they didn’t make it in time. That thought caused the driver to speed even harder.

There was a man standing in the road, around the next corner. Just standing there, but obviously blocking the way. The driver thought about running him down, thought about the delay in time it would take to dispense of the body, plus the damage to the speeder, and then thought better of it.

He slowed the speeder to a halt and jumped out, hand on his gun. It was probably just another street beggar, looking for money.

“This is Governmental business, move out of the way or be shot. You have been warned.” For an extra stimulus, he patted his gun.

“Oh, don’t worry. This is governmental business as well. We have a date with the Governor himself. Right…now.” The driver gave the man a confused look, but before he could draw his pistol, the sniper’s round took off the top portion of his skull, obliterating it in a  cloud of blood and bone.

The other passenger, the second guard, jumped out of the car screaming, twin pistols in his hands firing in all directions. He didn’t even come close to hurting anybody, and was quickly put down as well. Arnaut, standing in the road smiling, gave Virius the all clear and let him pack up his compact sniper rifle and hurry to his position near the parade. The resistance fighters were already in place in the crowd, ready to start a riot the minute Arnaut gave their signal. And Tnepres and Snipes? They slid into the speeder, picking up the driver and the passenger’s rifles that had been left on the floor. As they sped off to fade in as Shelov’s bodyguards, Arnaut dragged off the two corpses and ran to his position.

The plan was unfolding.
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  523
Total Posts:  814
August 10, 2007 8:15:25 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny was back from a long leave to see Jenny’s older sister Freje join hand in hand with Corin (Jenny’s boyfriend Melke’s older brother) in marriage and to cheer them on at their swoop races in Tatooine, where Leia Tarkin joined them while visiting her grandparents, whom she hadn’t seen for a long time since she left for Euceron. Now that Jenny though of Euceron, she wondered when she could explain and make the whole thing clear to her fellow Dark Dragoon squadmates and VE commanders, whose faces were all filled with confusion s and disbelief as they stared at the beautiful, but mysterious twi’lek before them that was Jennabelle, though there wasn’t enough time to even say goodbye as Jenny boarded the family ship, the Vegeance, to take her three months vacation.

Getting back to the present, Jenny stared down at her preparations. Because this was an undercover mission, although she wore her shock trooper armor, she had smeared over all signs or emblems of it being imperial (the emblem on her shoulder, for example) so that no one thought she was a Stormtrooper but her new Wraith squadmates, plus she wore blue jeans instead of the lower part of her shock trooper armor, for if she wanted to carry some things in emergency. On the belt of her armor contained a pouch of regular grenades, her DL-54 blaster pistol holstered on her right side and her vibrobayonet on her left. Before turning her attention back to the street she was walking on, she noticed the gym-bag-sized rucksack that was secured on her left shoulder, which she had almost forgotten about. It carried her IVE Treppus-2 Vibroblade, which she thought might come in handy, but as this was an undercover mission, was best kept as equipment for swoop racing or something else until she needed it.

Jenny looked at her equipment in approval as she shouldered her DC-17 assault rifle and walked down the street in which, from the information sent to her datapad in her left jean pocket, was where she would meet the squad. She had arrived here by private transport arranged by command, and took a taxi here (pointing to the map which was sent to her without revealing too much of what she was doing here), which by the taxi driver’s dreadful voice as he spoke the words: ‘Lovold Street, in the deepest hellhole of the whole city.’, that it indeed was what he described. Still his words rang true, for when the taxi driver drove into this dead waste, he almost puked and asked for more credits, and I obliged (taking out some credits I’ve saved up in the bank and readied in my left jean pocket, just for this sort of occasion) and stared at the wasteland, which looked like a desert of buildings and animal skeletons.

Upon arriving at her destination and letting her out, the cab quickly turned around and screeched out of this part of town, as if it was a civilian escaping a wide spread infection. Of course the first impression that it gave Jenny that it looked even worse than hell itself, the presence of drugs and violence looming in the pawnshops filled with moochers sniffing some white substance and their holstered blaster pistol, revealing under their coats, adding the huge clouds of smoke scorches from the long chimneys of what must surely be factories faraway. It made Jenny realized why the resistance here wanted to overthrow Shelov, Abregado-rae was becoming a filthy city filled with unrecognizable crime despite the so-called ‘efforts’ that Shelov put on, so what can you do but revolt and resist against this dictatorship-like rule.

Getting out, Jenny was becoming aware of distant noises, which were unlike the strange inhuman cry that she heard before entering the ‘wasteland’, and sounded like blaster fire and shouting or yelling, coming from an alley up ahead, blocked a bit by some sort of transport, a shuttle craft, perhaps, for Jenny saw plenty of those passing on the streets of the more popular parts of the city, but it was hard to tell afar, for the darkness still dimmed a little on Lovold Street. Jenny decided to contact the designated signal that was send to her by command as a connection to reach Wraith squad leader Arnaut, so she took out the 3-Mal personal comlink from another belt pouch, and nipped it between two bottom finger of her right hand, raised her assault rifle on her right side, took off her helmet and held it top-down in her left hand, shook out her two lekkus, stuffed the comlink in her ear, pressed a few bottons and said in a clear voice, while continuing to walk toward the transport: “new recruit transferred wishing to speak to Arnaut, squad leader of Wraith squad. I repeat, I’m looking for Arnaut, squad leader of Wraith squad.”

Jenny keyed off her comlink as she saw that the transport was indeed a shuttle craft and that the noise was originating from the alley, as it got louder and louder, she could even distinguish the voices, some which sounded like resistance fighters for she met a couple of them while trying to catch a cab, others sounded familiarly like stormtroopers, but she wasn’t sure and she heard footsteps coming closer to her as she took cover behind a nearby dumpster, which was burned with blaster blots on the side that she took cover behind. A short-haired, tall but small man, in his mid-20s, walked up to Jenny’s position as she turned the corner from her position swiftly, holding up her assault rifle to him, the man did the same, but as she saw the screen on the datapad that was tracking her movements through the communication signal from her comlink was imperial-made, she lowered her weapon and the man asked, in a stern tone:

“Are you the girl who called Arnaut? Who are you and how did you about us?”

Jenny put her helmet on the ground and took out the datapad that she had placed in her left jean pocket when she got to the location indicated by the secure e-mail that command had sent, she clicked a few keys and showed to the man the message meant for Aranut, the squad leader, even though this man didn’t look like he was in charge, for his eyes were really groggy under the lack of sleep, but she had heard his voice among the ones that sounded familiarly like stormtroopers yelling orders, shouting them onward and assumed this was the man in charge.

“Hmm, I see, Lance Corporeal Jennabelle Altex, transferred from Dark Dragoons squad after a three months leave to this squad. Well, Jennabelle, you aren’t the rookie I expected joining such a great squad as this one, but still, allow me to introduce myself, Corporeal Kanderin Draken, assistant squad leader of Wraith squad, you can call me Kanderin for short, but as for working with the resistance, you’ll have to call me Corporeal Sekine. So do you have a fake name, Jennabelle?” Arnaut said as he handed back the datapad, which I put back in my left jean pocket, then he stuck out a hand and I shook it with my right hand, switching my assault rifle to my left hand, replying:

“Actually, you can call me Jenny, and my fake name will be Lenke Skyross. Now why don’t you explain the situation a little to me?” Jenny inquired as she switched her assault rifle back to her right hand and picked up her helmet in her left.

OOC:
Alright, this is my first post, though it looks as though as it's finished yet, though I think if I had to finish this, it would take more than the two hours which I already spent on it, and I really don't because it's time to turn in my report and this story post must be posted.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 11, 2007 8:04:46 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 11, 2007 8:09:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 11, 2007 10:54:21 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  510
August 10, 2007 11:15:47 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Talstorin made a turn sharply and the speeder spun so fast that Snipes though he would’ve flew out of his seat.  After making sure he wasn’t going to vomit, Snipes turned to his fellow trooper, grimacing.

“You’re such a lousy driver, why do you get to drive?” Snipes protested.  It wasn’t exactly that he wanted to drive but they weren’t even driving currently.  Suiciding was a better word.  The speeder lurched forward as Talstorin hit the breaks.  Going from break necking speed to a flat zero upset stomachs easily.  Talstorin turned to Snipes.

“Cause I can’t trust you to be exactly sober.  We can’t afford mistakes, I’m just driving as fast as I can to make sure we’re on time.”  Talstorin’s comment came out in a deep voice, he was obviously not in the mood for criticism.  Snipes didn’t respond and so Talstorin started the speeder again.  The vehicle burst into speed and Snipes rolled his eyes.

“I can’t be trusted being sober and yet you’re the one with hangover.  And I’m sure killing Snipes isn’t a mistake we can afford either,” he muttered under his breath.  Had it been just his mind or was Talstorin acting all. . . not Talstorin-like lately?  There wasn’t much time for Snipes to think as the felt the speeder slow down, smoothly too.  Finally, the speeder stopped.  The start of the parade was visible though it was distant.  Ahead of them stood two guards. 

“Are you two the replacement body guards?” the right guard asked.

“Yes, yes we are,” Snipes responded quickly. 

“Right this way, we’ll take over the speeder.  The Governer is waiting for you.”

To avoid suspicion, the two trooper obeyed the orders and left the speeder.  By the time they arrived it had seemed like everyone had waited for them for a while. 

“You’re late,” said one of the guards.  “What delayed you?”

Talstorin opened his mouth  but Snipes was faster.  “Some, um, unpredicted obstacle.”

“Which was?”

“It was very distracting.”

“Yes, I’m aware, but what was it exactly?  Were they resistance forces?”

“No, we, um, ran over some stupid kid’s pet.  That’s all.  You know kids, those damn rowdy hipsters.”

Both Talstorin and the guard made a confused face and looked at Snipes who had made a face that said “Well I wouldn’t be saying it for the fun of it.”  Talstorin doubted it, but the guard finally seemed satisfied. 

“Alright, the parade must start, hurry up, get over there.”  The two Wraiths nodded, Talstorin hardly able to believe their luck, and rushed over towards their positions.

Quote:  OOC: I just wanted to use this.  Heehee, it's so cool.
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
[]CommunicationsTech[]
~WildcardPlatoo n ~

Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Tnepres/HellKite

-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Dixon Morgan
ComNet Novice

Dixon Morgan

Post Number:  37
August 10, 2007 3:20:03 PM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
With Flem, Kanderin and Dixon all in the upstairs window by now, Dixon started to think they actually had a chance to capture Jo-kil this time. 

Not that we didn't before but this time we can't let her get away...

Crouching by the doorway, all three began to ponder just how they'd go about it.  With the resistance fighters and Jo-kil's men blasting away at each other downstairs, Dixon hoped they'd be distracted.  It appeared that Kanderin was thinking the same thing.

"Alright, this is what's going to happen.  Flem, I want you to st...."

Just then a encrypted transmission began crackle in all of their earpieces.

“...new recruit transferred wishing to speak to Arnaut, squad leader of Wraith squad. I repeat, I’m looking for Arnaut, squad leader of Wraith squad.”

"What the hell?! A new recruit now?! Command has to be freakin insane!" was all that Dixon got out before Kanderin held a hand up to stop him.

"Enough, I'll go deal with this.  You and Flem nap Jo-kil somehow. Got it?"

"Sure thing sir." "Yes sir."

With that, Kanderin was out the window.  A quick glance by Flem confirmed that he had made it to the ground and had taken off toward the hovercraft.

"Alright, how we doin this?" Flem asked sending a questioning look to Dixon.

After thinking for a minute or two, Dixon figured the best way was the most direct. 

"Well, I say, we take the back stairway down, throw a bunch of grenades, yell for the resistance to bust in the front as we come in the back. What do ya think?"

Flem thought about the plan for another minute or so and said, "Man, you're no General Cosmic but I guess it'll work."

With that he peered back over the window sill. 

"Hey Big Guy! When you start hearin grenades go off, stop firing cuz we'll be in there. After 2 minutes, come storming in the front. Hopefully by then everyone of those bastards will be dead. Got it?"

Dixon couldn't hear Big Guy's reply over the battle downstairs but apparently he didn't object to it because Flem didn't have to argue with him about it and Flem had started to take two or three grenades out of his pouch.

With a nod from Flem telling Dixon he was ready, Dixon raised his rifle to his shoulder and started creeping down the back stairwell.  Not worrying about making noise because of the firefight going on made the trip go a lot quicker.  As they reached the bottom steps, Dixon held up his hand to tell Flem to stop moving.  Slowly, Dixon peered around the corner.  Two of Jo-kil's men were laying dead.  Another three were huddled behind a makeshift barricade while still three more were laying farther back with wounds on various places on their bodies.  In the middle of the three by the barricade was Jo-kil herself.  All of them had their concentration on the outside door where the resistance fighters were putting up a hell of a blaster storm.  Dixon glanced back at Flem and nodded.  With the signal given, Flem handed Dixon two of the grenades as he took two himself.  Clutching one in each hand, Dixon raised three fingers. Bringing one down, both men pulled the pin on one of the grenades in their hands.  Dixon brought another finger down, both men pulled their arms back to throw.  Bringing the final finger down sent the grenades flying through the air.  Both men didn't even bother with a second countdown and right after the first two grenades were flying, the second two were right behind them. 

A series of concussions rebounded off the walls.  After the fourth and final grenade went off Dixon, followed by a hobbling Flem, rushed down the final steps.

"Get your hands up!" "Throw down you're weapons!" "Let me see your hands!"

Dixon had expected to see all of Jo-kil's men killed in the blasts along with her, which he wouldn't have cared less about, but surprisingly Jo-kil and two of her followers survived the blast.  It appeared that the first grenade had blown the far left guy at the barricade on top of the other two and Jo-kil, shielding them from the remaining blasts, causing them to have only minor wounds.

With their eyes just beginning to focus, their ears still ringing so very loudly and their minds just starting to comprehend what just had occurred, Jo-kil and one of her men threw their weapons at the Wraiths' feet. 

"Hand over the weapon!" yelled Flem, inching closer the to other man's face with his weapon barrel. 

Sweat began to flow down the man's face as he glanced at Jo-kil then back to Flem, then to Flem's gun, and back to Jo-kil. 

"Do it!" Flem inched closer. 

For a second Dixon thought he'd actually do it.  Then he saw the slight signal from Jo-kil and the man's blaster was raised before he or Flem could do anything about it.  Both Dixon's and the man's rifles went off.  Dixon finished off the man with a blaster bolt to the head.  Then he realized Flem was down. 

As he rushed to his squadmate side, he glimpsed Jo-kil's other man going for his fallen buddy's rifle.  A quick shot to the chest put him down too. 

"Don't fucking move," was all the Dixon could say through clenched teeth as he glared deathly at Jo-kil.  She just stared right back. 

As Dixon kept one eye on her, he quickly began to glance over Flem to see how bad the wound was.  The bolt had caught him right in the chest and while most of the damage had been prevented by Flem's armor, he was still in a lot of trouble if they didn't get him out of there fast. 

Just then, Kanderin and the resistance fighters busted through the door.  Right behind Kanderin was a new face and Dixon recognized lekkus coming from beneath the helmet of a fellow stormtrooper.

Oh goody, more meat for the slaughter.  Just like the rest of us...
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Dixon Morgan (edited August 10, 2007 3:27:46 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  567
August 11, 2007 1:08:43 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Morning Jo-Kil" Kanderin smiled

He glanced around the warehouse, catching glimpses of badly burnt bodies. One in particular caught his eye, and he immediately ran over to Dixon and the body.

Flem lay breathing heavily, clutching his chest. The blood was leaking heavily and had formed a murky red puddle beneath him.

"Come on Flem, I'm not losing a man on my first assignment" Kanderin said, checking Flem's pulse against his neck and rolling him over to his side. "What did they hit him with?"

"Blaster pistol, I think" Dixon spluttered. "I didn't see, I was too busy"

Kanderin nodded and looked back to the resistance members.

"We need a medic, right now"

The large man and his accomplices simply stood there for a while, confused by the scene unfolding in front of them.

"NOW!"

It was hard to tell whether the gleaming liquid running down Kanderin's face was sweat or tears, but it didn't change the tone of his voice. One of the small men spoke into a radio, and a small crackling voice came back. The response wasn't recognisable, but even if it was no one would of heard it. All eyes had turned back to face Kanderin, his blaster pistol now pointed downwards towards the skull of Jo-Kil. She had attempted an attack on Kanderin while his guard was seemingly down.

"My emotions never get in the way of my mission" Kanderin spat, placing his foot firmly on her neck. He pushed down slightly, making her gag for air. "You have five seconds to give me a good enough not to snap your head right from your pretty little shoulders"

No one saw the sniper rifle aimed at Kanderin's head. The sniper was not pressured into pressing the trigger at all, he simply waited until he was ready and pulled like he didn't have a care in the world. The bolt sailed through the air, its target still oblivious to its existence.

One of the cranes that automatically carried boxes across the warehouse passed by the window, and the bolt bounced off its support pole, sending sparks raining down on every person in the room. The bolt itself was redirected towards a large cylinder in the corner of the room, which promptly exploded. This started a chain reaction of explosions across the room. One of the resistance fighters was hit square in the face with an explosively propelled gas cylinder. Another fell alongside, his badly burnt body barely recognisable.

Within seconds the whole warehouse was alight. Kanderin dived across the warehouse, ducking under one of Jo-Kils knives. She had promptly took hold of the distraction and broke free. In a stroke of luck though, the fire had made escape from the building impossible. Her only option was to fight. Luckily five more men had snuck into the building just before the fatal chain reaction, meaning she wasn't so outnumbered.

"That was a good enough reason" Kanderin smiled, before pulling his vibrostaff free from his leg and igniting it.

OOC:
Tada. And I bring you something to play with. Dixon, great work with our side of the story. I was expecting Arnaut to assign someone to help you, looks like you didn't need it though.

Regardless, play around with the battle for a while, I need to rendevous with Arnaut
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  508
August 11, 2007 11:07:31 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
A bit short. But here it is...the beginning of the end. Stay tuned, get those last posts in, and be ready. The 'explosive' finale to this summer's greatest Wraith 8.5 story yet is coming!!! Opens in select theatres Sunday, opens everywhere Monday.

Arnaut glanced at his chronometer. It ticked once. Arnaut began to grow impatient. He tapped his foot quietly. Finally, bearing it no longer, he thrust the chronometer down to his side. About thirty seconds later he had it up and was checking it again, unhappy to find that just thirty seconds had passed. And so the cycle went on.

The grim morning was cool, thanks to the ample cloud cover. A light breeze whipped through the crowded, over-packed streets. Arnaut shivered. Despite the crush of the crowd, the lack of personal space, and everyone’s excited, heavy panting, it was still pretty cold out. Arnaut wrapped the civilian jacket around him more. Too cold, too cold. Arnaut imagined he could probably see his own breathe. If the person in front of him wasn’t standing so damn close.

Arnaut gave the man’s back a hard stare and then started pushing his way through the crowds for a better look at the parade route. No way was he going to watch this thing unfold from behind that man’s back. Slowly, shoving people aside as he went, he made it to the front of the crowd. A security officer standing there gave him an odd glance, but nothing more.

Standing up on his toes to look across the street, he could just make out the face of Jan’re. He was the leader of the resistance fighters on their side, and he was the main cause of this riot. The riot that would cause mass panic and mayhem in the streets and allow them to make away with Shelov. A bit simplistic and brash, but Arnaut felt it would do the trick.

“We’re in,” the tinny voice in his ear said. Arnaut nodded to himself. Another thing gone right. So far, so good. So long as no one took a good look at Tnepres and Snipes, they were safely close to Shelov.

Mere seconds later, his comlink piped up again, this time deeper and more gruff sounding. “Got the alleyway covered,” Virius put in simply.

Jan’re, obviously by now noticing Virius, took his cue and checked in with Arnaut as well. “We’re…in place. A bit nervous, but ready. Once it…happens, we’re set and ready to get out as fast as possible.”

Arnaut gave his acknowledgement after each one, glad to know they were in their places. Nothing seemed amiss yet. Arnaut knew something was bound to go wrong; nothing went perfectly, but so far nothing had gone wrong. It was almost unnerving that it was going so well. It gave Arnaut the feeling that, when that something eventually did go wrong, it would be much worse.

Another wind came cutting down the street and Arnaut bundled up again. Too cold. Way too cold. All else was well, though. Everyone was in place, and the plan was moving forward. Out of the corner of his eye, Arnaut caught a flurry of movement suddenly. Arnaut turned, just in time to see two men running their way through the crowds. They looked urgent, tired, and a bit desperate. Arnaut didn’t know why they suddenly seemed important. They were out of his sight before he could ponder too much. Oh well, he thought, can’t keep track of every suspicious person.

There was a loud blaring of electronic horns, broadcast around the city from every corner where a speaker could be stationed. The parade had begun. There was no turning back now. Arnaut had set up this plan. Now it was time to see it through.

In the distance the floats began to appear. Dazzling dresses, flashing lights, everything to try and excite and overload the crowd’s sensory organs in every way possible. It left no room to think, it seemed. And at the end of it all, Shelov would be coming. The one person they had come all this way, suffered through the last three days, fought and died for.

As the fanfare rose with the approaching floats, Arnaut found it fitting. A fanfare to accompany the end of another of Wraith’s missions. They had worked so hard to get here, lost people along the way, been betrayed, and gotten into more firefights than Arnaut could count. It seemed...right, to have it end with a fanfare.

As the music became even louder, Arnaut began to hum along.
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  526
August 12, 2007 10:16:48 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OOC:
I made some changes in my first post, one is that I've got a vibroblade in a rucksack on my left shoulder, the other is that when Kanderin introduced himself, he also told me he was ASL of Wraith Squad. Also, I hope that Dixon doesn't mind if I put in stuff about him and his friend, the resistance girl.

Jenny put her helmet back on her head, stuffing her lekkus in her armor and readying her rifle as she followed Kanderin inside the building that Jo-kil had run in to escape from the resistance’s capture. From what Kanderin told her, she had more than an impression upon the great squad that called themselves Wraith Squad, she was absolutely beside herself, they can handle even the most dangerous task, even it if means losing recruits or letting their squadmates leave the squad, and she was positively proud to be in such a squad, but felt that it was going to take some getting used to be, for when she walked up to the open door way, two resistance fighters, most likely the traitors, one of them shot in the chest, were dead, pretty sudden for the first day on the job to see someone dead. I’m just getting back in the game, and already there’s been fighting? Jenny thought questionably as a one by one, explosion went off inside the building, shaking the place and bringing quite a lot of dust down on where they were as she and Kanderin got to the door that the noise was coming from, while hearing shouts of command coming from the other side of the door. Four resistance fighters were there, the loyal ones, one of them was dead with his head blasted open, another two had been wounded, and both in their left shoulders, but the rest were getting ready to hit the door down.

“Corporeal Sekine, you’ve come back… with a twi’lek.” A big resistance fighter said with surprise as Jenny came into the fray. She wasn’t surprised that he said it in this tone; she reflected that they probably haven’t seen many twi’lek in their ranks before or they’ve never seen a twi’lek stormtrooper, and it was most likely the latter, though---

Blaster shots rang out from beyond the door as Jenny snapped out of her thoughts, Kanderin had been shaken by this as well, but quickly Jenny saw his hand gestures for all of them to follow as Kanderin smacked the door down with a loud bang and she followed him into the room, the resistance fighters behind them, the wounded lagging in last. Jenny heard him smile and greet the female zabrak at the barricade, who evidently was Jo-Kil, the mean bitch that had caught Kanderin off his guard and had tried to attack him, she ignored her ill look at Jenny and watched as Kanderin saw two recruits among the badly burnt bodies, which would explain the smell that Jenny’s nose scented when she came inside this room of the warehouse, which was apparently a cargo room with a lot of crates and containers full of who-knows-what.

Among the two recruits, one was seriously injured, with a bolt in the chest and one right through the leg. Jenny listened to Kanderin, who sounded like he was in a worried tone as he spoke, checked the wounded recruit’s pulse and rolled him over to his side. He’s really troubled that the recruit might die, and the other private wanted some company with him to speak his emotions to, for he was the new kid on the block, and didn’t know if he could familiarize himself with his squad, he probably is thinking, just a companion to share his feelings with. Jenny noted as she heard the other recruit reply and Kanderin turning to the resistance fighters, at first ordering for a medic in his serious tone, then as the four of them confused by the scene before them, Kanderin then screamed “NOW!” and that got their attention as one of the small men obeyed.

As the crackling voice in the radio came back in reply, Kanderin went over to interrogate Jo-Kil, and Jenny turned to the two recruits to introduce herself, whispering in their ears so that only they can hear. The badly injured one was Flem, who had temper tantrums with some members of the squad, including Kanderin, but looked scared as he stared down at his wounds in pain. The other private was Dixon Morgan, who had chosen his fake name to be Leron Krams, kept staring at one of the two female resistance fighters behind the big guy, who was a beautiful young lady, smiling and blowing kisses in appreciation.

Suddenly a blaster bolt bounced off one of the cranes that automatically carried boxes across the warehouses passing the window on its support beam, sending sparks across the room as Jenny pulled Flem behind a pile of medium-sized boxes, peeking around the corner as the bolt set off a chain reaction of explosions that set the whole warehouse on fire.

Jenny then turn around to Dixon’s position as he and the girl who was blowing kisses at him, plus the other girl and Big Guy, which Dixon told Jenny that was what Kanderin named the guy who drove the shuttle craft parked near the alley, nearby at a makeshift cover of smaller boxes and a forklift, the two lovebirds at the forklift. Jenny heard the young lady introduce herself to Dixon as Kellena Sanray and was about to kiss Dixon when they noticed five men coming at them with their blaster rifles. Both of them fired their own blaster rifles at the five resistance traitors, with the Big Guy and the other female resistance combantant firing in succession as Jenny peeked around the corner of her protection and saw a medic running around and looking for Flem, while the traitorous rats looked at him in suspicion, firing back on the four at the make-shift cover.   

Jenny fired on the five betrayers with her assault rifle, now scattered across their own shelters, while flames ravaged around them, sounding as though it was licking the warehouse in satisfaction before consuming it into the pits of the fire. She covered the panicking medic as he made his way to Flem, checking on his condition and his wounds, while Jenny took a scratch across her left cheek as a blaster bolt just missed her head by inches. Jenny felt a scar on it as she swore and blasted the idiotic traitor on the forehead, splattering his brains all over the floor. Jenny saw Dixon look over to her in approval and killed his buddy, who glanced up in anger and starting shooting at Jenny, taking blaster shots to the chest.

Jenny glimpse from the corner of her cover that the three traitorous rats left were hiding at three separate piles of wood, and one of them was luckily near a medium-sized cylinder like the one that started the explosions that would probably explode at the lightest blaster fire. Jenny signaled to Dixon that she was going to throw a grenade over to that cylinder, and she wanted the four of them, including Dixon to take out the rest when they came out of cover.

Jenny took one look at Flem, who was being treated by the medic as much as he could, and threw a grenade over to the cylinder near one of the betrayers and it blew, taking the guy with it and ignited the piles of the wood as the fire spread, while the other two were taken down by Dixon and the resistance fighters in their flight from the flames.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Dixon Morgan
ComNet Novice

Dixon Morgan

Post Number:  42
August 12, 2007 4:50:31 PM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
As Jennabelle's grenade went off, blowing the cylinder sky high, it was enough of a distraction to allowed Dixon, Kellena, the Big Guy and their other female companion the time to raise up over their makeshift cover and blast the remaining two enemies as they scattered from their cover.  Dixon immediately began searching for Jo-kil within the rubble and fire that the warehouse had turned into along with Kellena.  Finding her underneath some of that rubble, they began to pull and kick away some of the it that had fallen onto of her.

"Excuse me guys," Big Guy said as he walked up behind them. 

After Dixon and Kellena let him through, he grabbed three of the bigger timbers and chucked them into the raging fire as if they were kindling.  The fire licked at the timbers as if it were a hungry beast.

We need to get outta here fast before this whole place goes up!, Dixon thought to himself as he glanced around. 

As Kellena and the Big Guy cleared the rest of the rubble off of Jo-kil, Dixon checked for a pulse.  Having found one he immediately placed her hands in flex restraints that he packed in order to use for Shelov but they'd work just as well for Jo-kil.  Rolling her over he realized that she was unconscious.  As he began to slap her across the face to wake her, the other female resistant fighter rushed up behind him.

"What are you do?!" she practically yelled at him, "You can't do that to a restrained prisoner!"

Dixon looked up at her.

This bitch and her friends have killed two of my squadmates and now you're going to be picky about what happens to her?  Screw you lady...

"Dixon, throw her over your shoulder and lets get outta here!" Kanderin yelled from across the warehouse as the flames rouse by every passing minute.  Jenna, Kanderin himself and the medic had already had Flem on a makeshift litter using a wooden slack that you'd place boxes onto of so that they don't get wet.  They were headed toward the door leading to the alley. 

Dixon glanced down at Jo-kil one more time, gave her another firm slap across the cheek, pulled her up and threw her over his shoulder.  With Kellena beside him and the Big Guy and the other girl in front of him, they headed for the door. 

Once they got outside, Dixon realized just how big the fire had gotten that quickly.  Three-fourths of the warehouse was in flames. 

We need to move fast!

Just as Dixon had thought that to himself, it appeared Kanderin had thought the same thing.

"Alright everybody, back to the hovercraft! We need to get this place as far away from us as possible!" he yelled.

With that order everybody began to race down the alleyway and into the hovercraft.  Dixon climbed in last, once he had shoved Jo-kil's still unconscious body over the side of the craft and onto the floor. 

"Let's go! Let's go!" Kanderin began yelling at the resistance driver. 

And went he did.  They began to fly down the alleyways and sidestreets.  Dixon glanced at his fireteam leader who was working with the medic on Flem.  Kanderin must have felt the stare for he looked up and caught Dixon's eye.  From the look in Kanderin's eyes and knowing the Kanderin had more experience with death, Dixon knew Flem wasn't going to make it. 

Damnit!  Yea the guy was an asshole at the beginning but he had begun to be OK towards the end.  Towards the end...man it feels like all this isn't the first time for me....I wonder if that's how you always feel during your first mission?

As Dixon pondered that question to himself, the exhaustion he had been escaping do to the adrenaline you get from battle began to kick in and he started to daze out.  He didn't even realize that Kellena had taken his arm and placed it around her as she laid her head on his shoulder.  If he had been more awake he would've also noticed the other resistance fighters all were feeling the same exhaustion too or were trying to help with Flem or were watching out for Jo-kil's buddies who had to be out there looking for her.  If he'd paid more attention he would've seen Jennabelle get up and begin talking with Kanderin.  Nobody had noticed that Jo-kil had regained her consciousness and was glancing around at all the people who weren't watching her.  With the limberness of a cat she was up on her feet, placed a foot on the side of the hovercraft and had launched herself over the edge.

Everybody still in the hovercraft just stared at her as if she had two heads.

Oh shit!  Not this again! Dixon thought angrily.  I don't care if she's a woman, I'm going to beat the shit out of her when I catch her.

With these thoughts in his head, Dixon once again placed a hand on the side of the hovercraft and pushed himself off, followed closely by Jennabelle and the Big Guy.  Racing down the alleyway that Jo-kil had taken, Dixon raised his rifle as if to shoot but just as he began to pull the trigger Kanderin's voice cracked over the comlink.

"I want that woman alive."

The way he said it in such anger and hatred made Dixon smile.

Oh girly, you did it now...

Having her hands tied behind her caused Jo-kil to be slower than the highly trained stormtroopers and once Dixon was within five feet of her he launched himself at her and tackled her.  Quickly regaining himself, he planted a knee into her back and raised her tied together arms up towards her head making her head be pressed into the dirt even more. 

"You need to stop doing that. Seriously, you could've hurt yourself,"  Dixon told her through clenched teeth.

Just then Jenna reached them quickly followed by Big Guy.  As the three of them picked Jo-kil up and Dixon dusted himself off the hovercraft approached them.  Even before it came to a stop Kanderin was stepping out.  As he walked quickly up to the now terrified woman his hand raised his pistol.

"He's dead."

For a minute, nobody moved.  Then Kanderin said it again.

"Flem is dead."

The terrified Jo-kil had to know what was coming next for she began to sob and shake.  Her knees gave out and as she dropped to the ground Dixon and Big Guy reached to pick her back up.

"No," it was the simplest command Dixon had ever heard. "Leave her on her knees.  She deserves to die like this."

Jo-kil began to cry even harder after hearing this but that only cause Kanderin to walk up to her and place his pistol to her forehead.

"There no running this time," was all he said.

"Please....please...." was all that she could get out through her sobs.

Kanderin let the pistol barrel linger on her forehead a few more seconds.  Then he pulled the trigger.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Dixon Morgan (edited August 12, 2007 4:57:44 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  572
August 13, 2007 6:52:18 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin dropped the pistol, left it where it landed, then turned and wandered back to the hovercraft. He knelt down and began to run his hand along the bottom edge, as if checking something. It was almost as if he was checking the pressure underneath, which seemed a very off thing to be doing in this position.

No one moved for quite a while, they all watched Kanderin 'inspecting' the hovercraft. Eventually though, he got up. He briskly wiped his eyes with his sleeve and looked back at the squad.

"Everyone in the craft, we still have a mission to carry out"

They all followed the order without hesitation. Dixon quickly glanced back at him, and he struggled a smile in response.

When Kanderin eventually made it back to the craft, he sat in the back, and after quickly muttering some directions to the driver, turned his back on the rest and seemingly went to sleep.

One of my own men just died on me. Then to top it off I murdered a woman in cold blood. Maybe Im not cut out for this stuff. Everyone is hanging on fine, but then there's me. The veteran. The Leader. The kid who's crying.

He was rocked gently, pulled back into consciousness. Jennabelle smiled cautiously back at him. He smiled back at her, mumbled some excuse about being tired and went to turn back away again. It was then he caught sight of Dixon and his new female companion. They were whispering to each other, and his arm was still around her waist.

Seeing them like that reminded him of Fraot, back on Tadath. It was the one part of his mind he did not want to disturb on this trip, but for some reason it was the one part that always seemed to win the race. Fraot may not be affecting his actions, but she sure as hell was affecting his thought pattern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next thing Kanderin felt was the ground smashing into his face. He rolled across it for a while longer, before crashing against something.

He looked up and saw Jennabelle, Dixon and his female companion all gasping for breath. The latter two had the same confused look on their face as Kanderin did. He looked up at Jennabelle, who had been the one that stopped his acrobatic crash. He followed her stare across the road, and that was when he saw it.

The hovercraft, which just a few seconds ago had been safely cruising them away from danger, was now in flames, surrounded by rubble. The explosion had blew it completely off course and sent it careening through a building, completely levelling it.

"The funny thing is, I had a feeling that was coming" Kanderin said, brushing away the bits of rock that had lodged themselves in the side of his face. "How did it happen?"

"It was the driver, I saw him press some buttons on the dashboard and just instinctively dragged you all out"

"I saw that coming as well" Kanderin nodded towards Jennabelle. "I should of been more alert, I endangered you all. Where did they go?"

Jennabelle shrugged, but straight after Dixon cried out, pointing towards the end of the street. The huge figure was just rounding a corner. Kanderin's eyes then also cut across the block, to where the other two members of the resistance had ran.

"You three, go after those two" Kanderin ordered, pointing towards where the two men used to be. "Ill take big guy down. Do whatever you have to in order to subdue them, but do not kill them. I need them for some information. In other words, you can shoot them as long as they dont die before I get to slap them around a bit" Kanderin smirked.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited August 13, 2007 6:53:06 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  528
August 13, 2007 10:39:32 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OOC:
I wrote this as best as I could, seeing that Kanderin shouldn't have killed her for his personal gains and the fact that she at least deserved the treatment of the resistance rather than the cold hard earth.

Jenny stared at the dead body of Jo-Kil as if she couldn't believe that he would do something like that just because she killed two of his squadmates, although they were only recruits. She could be taken care of by the resistance, they could punish her all they wanted, but she didn't deserve this. I better contact Arnaut about this. Jenny thought in pain as she stared at Jo-Kil, who had died for someone's personal gain, but left in this hellhole. To Jenny, it wasn't the right place for someone to die, not even a traitor.

“Kanderin, what the hell was that, we weren’t supposed to kill her! Not even for the crimes that she had committed!” Jenny yelled as she kneeled down near Jo-Kil's corpse and wished her a better life in the afterlife, wherever that was. She stood up after a few moments and decided on calling Arnaut as to what has happened.

“Jenny, whatever you do, don’t do that, I might be---”Kanderin begged as he lost his voice, staring at the dead corpse of Jo-Kil as if he could somehow convince himself that he didn’t pull the trigger.

Jenny pressed a few buttons on the comlink and called into it, firmly: “Jenny to Arnaut, Jenny to Arnaut. Arnaut come in, please, it’s an emergency.”

Arnaut’s voice came on the comlink, but he sounded impatient as he said: “Jenny, you must be the new recruit, we’ll talk later, but what’s so important that you have to talk about when I’m about begin my part of the mission?”

“I heard about Drane’s death, well, his buddy Flem is also dead, and we just caught Jo-Kil when she got away while we were distracted by fatigue, this time, Kanderin saw Flem die and he couldn’t take, he said ‘there’s no running this time’ and pulled the trigger on Jo-Kil.” Jenny explained as she felt the slightest sign of pity for the zabrak not to pay for her crimes in a more judicial way.

Jenny felt a deep sense of anger in that voice as Arnaut cried to Kanderin: “Kanderin, how could you do that?! She was going to led us to the rest of the resistance cells! She was going to tell us who else was in the traitor detail, because my team is kidnapping Shelov! Now, if we don’t have an assurance that those lying rats are exterminated, we could be captured right when we’ve got Shelov in our custody! You disobeyed a direct order, Kanderin, although right now we’re not going to deal with this because we’re in the middle of a mission, but she didn’t to die just for your revengeful ends.” Jenny could feel a sign of sadness in that voice as Arnaut finished its angry relay at Kanderin, he added to Jenny: “Jenny, ask the resistance fighters if they could take you to their cells.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll do that right away.” Jenny replied in kind as she turned to Big Guy and asked: “Can you take us to the rest of your resistance cells?”

“Of course, can we take Jo-Kil along with us? She may have been a traitor, but she didn’t deserve to die like that, not for personal ends, no.” Big Guy said as he stared at Kanderin in misery, who had decided to avoid everyone’s eyes, though Jenny sensed he felt guilty and shameful to be here.

“Jenny, let them do what they want with Jo-Kil, the important thing is that you get to those cells and find out if there’s any betrayers at the resistance cells, because I don’t want to look back over my shoulder to see resistance traitors stopping our efforts.” Arnaut stated as he signed off, I nodded to Big Guy, and with the help of Dixon, Big Guy took off the flex restraints and carried her to the shuttle craft.

Jenny watched the sad and unfortunate zebrak go, staring at her tears on her face as she noticed something that had fell out of her hand in the corner of her eye. She picked it up without seeing what it was and put it in the pouch that had hold her comlink. At least I’ll have something to remember her by the next time I want to kill somebody while running the risk of disobeying orders. Jenny noted as she walked past Kanderin without staring at him and got on the shuttle craft.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 14, 2007 9:06:50 AM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  514
August 13, 2007 11:15:50 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Snipes tapped his left foot nervously as he stood facing the crowd.  Behind him stood Shelov, who was enjoying the brisk air as he waited for the float to move.  It was only a matter of time before the rest of floats started up and they would start moving along the parade path.  On the opposite side of him was Talstorin, facing the other side of the crowd.  However, from their position, the crowd was just a bunch of dots.  Suddenly, Shelov gripped Talstorin’s shoulder and the trooper jumped.  He spun around quickly, aiming his blaster at Shelov but put it down immediately after realizing who it was.

“About your partner,” Shelov said in a concerned tone.

“Yes?  What about him?” Talstorin asked as he suddenly felt a little nervous.

“Is he, uh, qualified?”

“I assure you, you’ve been provided with the best possible security.  Do not blame our delay on him, it was something we could not prevent.”  The float started up and Snipes seemed to have lost his balance as he stumbled a bit.  Shelov turned to Snipes with an unsure look.  Talstorin caught it and continued.  “Trust me, we have everything under control.  We’ve even planned an escape route if you were somehow in danger.”

Shelov narrowed his eyes.  “Escape route?  Why wasn’t I informed?”  His face had turned a light shade of red.

“Uh,” Talstorin fumbled.  Perhaps he had leaked too much information.  “We couldn’t say in the open, that would pose a big problem if the route was known by anyone else besides your guards.”  The trooper looked Shelov in the eyes and although he had a straight face, on the inside he was sweating like pig.  The governor seemed unconvinced.  “You can ask the driver if you want,” Talstorin bluffed.  He had single handedly jeopardized the mission in a matter of minutes.  However, to Talstorin’s relief, the governor nodded and retired back to his place on the float, satisfied.  Talstorin sighed in relief, going back to his own position, mentally thanking god for the save.

They had started at the very beginning of the parade and Snipes was growing impatient.  The float was nothing like the transportation the Wraiths used.  It had always been a speeder or a ship or swoops.  A float on the other hand moved slower than Snipes’s decrepit old grandma crawling on up a down escalator.  The slowness in which events were happening was also getting to Talstorin who found himself jumpy as he looked for Arnaut’s distraction.  He couldn’t remember where the whole kidnapping would take place, he had swore they passed by the alleyway several times.  What could people expect anyways?  All alleyways were similar.  Talstorin looked down at the faces of cheering people and relaxed a bit but tensed up again when Shelov looked in his direction. 

“Where was Arnaut?” he thought to himself.  He had considered asking through the comlink but he didn’t want to risk it.  It was then that Talstorin’s mind wandered around the subject of comlinks.  When this mission was all over and he returned after visiting Sarah, if he ever returned at all, he would have to work on his Communication Technician training.  The schedules had been very tight since he had joined and there had only been time for one class.  This had put stress on the trooper since he was forced to be in charge of the comlink during earlier missions.  Boy, was he glad that he had V now.

Talstorin snapped back as he heard Snipes humming to the music and shot him a look.  It was only moments later that Snipes noticed Talstorin and stopped, stiffening his posture again.  Holding back a chuckle, Talstorin looked back at his side.  When was Arnaut going to show up?  It had felt like hours already, though from what he could see, they had only traveled a couple blocks.  Suddenly, a voice called out. 

“LOOK AT THAT!”
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
[]CommunicationsTech[]
~WildcardPlatoo n ~

Tnepres/HellKite

-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  575
August 14, 2007 2:12:38 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
He had noticed the strange looks he had been given when he made the decision to go solo on his hunt for the larger man. He had his reasons though. He was still in a foul mood, and didn't want himself taking it out on any of his team members.

His mind stopped with the speed of a gunshot., caused by the dumpster that was flung into him with about the same speed. It had tipped onto its end shortly before impact, which meant the impact mimicked a body being catapulted into an open grave.

Kanderin had barely gathered his senses again when the dumpster again tipped up, falling down onto its open top. The whole thing encased Kanderin in darkness. Not for long though, as the dumpster was lifted up and thrown off of him. Shortly after the huge man threw Kanderin in the same direction.

With an odd display of speed, the man managed to catch KAnderin by his collar mere milliseconds after he crashed against the wall, and he immediately hoisted Kanderin a few feet off the ground.

"Not so cocky now are you boss?" The man spat.

It took some time for Kanderins eyeballs to stop spinning, but once they did that smug cockiness which so many of his foes had seen before returned.

"Likewise" He smiled, before sending his knee deep into the mans groin.

OOC:
Sorry to interrupt midway through, but I have to point out the irony I'm really proud of in that last four paragraphs or so

The man reeled back, dropping Kanderin as he did so. He instinctively grabbed the huge mans head and delivered another swift knee, this time to the face. The man reeled back, arms flailing everywhere, but still wouldn't topple.

Kanderin shrugged and delivered a punch to the mans gut. It simply bounced off, allowing the man to again gain the upper hand. He delivered his own punch, which sent Kanderin sprawling to the ground. There he lay still, completely immobile.

Until the man got close enough however, and he lashed out, catching his legs in a vice using his own. With a slight roll the man went crashing to the ground. And with the release of one of his legs and a more ferocious roll, the crack of the mans knee could be heard for miles off. So could the scream. Until kanderin placed a boot into the mans temple, knocking him out cold.

Kanderin placed two fingers on the mans neck to check he wasn't dead, before collapsing himself. Next thing he knew two small figures were standing over him.

"Wow mister! That was so cool! Are you like a superhero or something?" The smaller of the two cried.

Kanderin smiled.
"Not exactly. If I was I could drag him back on my own. Fancy helping out a local hero?"

The two boys nodded vigorously, and after helping kanderin back to his feet, aided him in moving the man back down the street. Slowly. Very, very slowly.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  531
August 15, 2007 8:47:15 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny chased the two resistance traitors across the block as Dixon and Kellena followed behind, the two fleeing rats had now decided to separate, one kept running down the street, another turned on an alley just ahead. She stopped and turned to Dixon and Kellena, who had also ceased their chases, she didn’t want the team to break up and follow, but it was upon Kanderin’s orders that they had to capture both of the betrayers, so Jenny decided for them to split up and follow. After all, I owe it to Kanderin for the strange look I gave him and how I yelled at him after he lost a squad member, who was a recruit, and killing a woman in cold blood. He wasn’t himself, after all, and needed some space to clear his mood, which I could tell had not gotten better when he told me on the shuttle he needed some sleep because he was lying about it, the slight flash of tinge red eyes told me about the foul mood that still existed within himself. Jenny reflected as she told Dixon and Kellena, who was breathing hard due to the sudden ran they had just endured:

“Dixon, Kellena, I need you two to chase the guy who’s running down the street, I’ll be on the other guy in the alley. Contact me when you’ve got him and meet me back here alright?”

Dixon and Kellena nodded as they set themselves upon their task, Jenny watched them go for a moment to make sure they could catch up, then ran down the alley after the other traitor, who had obviously ran into the wrong alley, for at the end of it was a dead end. She smirked at this and readied her assault rifle at the traitorous rat who looked as though his mouse hole was blocked up as he ran for cover behind a dumpster nearby, taking out his blaster pistol in the process. Jenny rolled behind a wall as she took fire from the betrayer, whom had pissed her off with this feat, for he wasn’t the dumb bastard she judged him to be. Jenny probed her mind for a plan, when she remembered the vibroblade in her rucksack; she considered that if she could force the guy into close combat, she could easily knock the guy out when she overpowered him.

“Where are you, girlie?! Come out, come out, wherever you are, you little twi’lek whore!” the resistance traitor yelled mockingly as Jenny resisted the urge to kill him and peeked out with her assault rifle aimed at the frenzied betrayer, who was now reloading, squeezing shots at his pistol, which destroyed it and burned his right hand.

Jenny reloaded her assault rifle as she holstered it on her back, unzipping the rucksack which held her vibroblade, taking it out, and letting the rucksack drop as she defended against the charging traitor, who had his own vibroblade, but was a PT-212 type, which was a common type throughout the galaxy, so it was no surprise to Jenny that he had it.

Jenny blocked his assault, which to her seemed very skilled, as she thought it was his first time fighting with that blade. She took a quick attacking stance as she took him off guard and attacked at different weak spots in his defense, tiring and weakening him when she found a hole in his defense, which was his stomach, stabbed at it with the hilt of her blade, knocking him on his knees as she punched him in the face, knocking him out cold on his back.

Jenny put her vibroblade back in her rucksack, securing it once again on her left shoulder as she stared at the pitful unconscious body of the resistance traitor with disgust, still hating him for that unwise taunt that he had made. She took out her assault rifle when Dixon’s voice came on her comlink, sounding worried:

“Jenny, Kellena took a hit, it wasn’t serious, she told me she’s the team medic, but the small man called for one instead of using her because he had orders from Big Guy to do it, saying that Kellena fell in love with an imperial idiot, that bastard….. I…” He sounded angry as his voice broke down and Jenny comforted, trying to not let him make the same mistake Kanderin did:

“Hey, it’s alright, Dixon, that guy’s gonna be punished by Kanderin anyway, just forget it and get back here, alright?” Yeah, it isn’t worth taking your fury out on a bunch of traitorous rats, especially when they might have information about their other betraying buddies. Jenny thought as she grabbed her assault rifle by the nozzle with her left hand, carrying the unconscious body with her right, getting him to the entrance of the alley, where Dixon could see her while coming down the street.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  577
August 15, 2007 2:46:31 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"And I got this one fighting these huge spider like things at the corner's of the city. Eight foot high and with teeth like nails..."

Kanderin's story was broken off by the arrival of his team from around the corner. He rolled up his sleeve, against hiding his scars, before waving off the two kids down the road. Upon realising that the girl Dixon accompanied was hit, he rushed over again.

"Is she ok?" He asked, un-comfortable with checking her himself.

Dixon nodded so Kanderin offered the girl a friendly smile, before turning to face the two unconscious bodies in front of him. The one was just beginning to wake up, a slight fluttering in his eyelids gave away the slight tinge of blue.

Kanderin grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to his feet. The man's eyes opened fully now, and his stained red eye's were clearly visible.

"Dont run from me again. It makes me very mad, and you've seen first hand what happens when I get mad" Kanderin spat, his own snarling face less than a few centimetres from the mans. The traitor was sweating profusely. He struggled to break from Kanderin's grip, but he was overcome by Kanderin's far larger frame, and thrown against the wall.

"Is there any others left?" Kanderin asked.

The man shook his head vigorously, but yelped as Kanderins fist came crashing agaisnt the wall mere inches from his face.

"Dont lie to me, how many are left?"

"I, I...I swear!" The man spluttered, shaking in fear "We're the last...we were meant to....kill you and then..... report back to...."

"Report back to who?" Kanderin slammed the man against the wall again. "Shelov? Does he know we're here?"

"I dont know!"

"Dont lie to me. You know. You're trying my patience, one more lie and I start to break things"

The man let out a yelp.

"No, No he doesn't know.  Fel was supposed to tell him, but she never made it"

"You're still lying to me" Kanderin snarled. He turned to Jennabelle. "Jennabelle, next to the big guy is a bag, go in it and get me my electrostaff please?"

The man shreiked loudly.

"No! No please! Someone was sent to tell Shelov about you....Im, Im not sure if he's there yet, I dont know anything about him, please, please dont kill me"

He stared back at Kanderin's fiery piercing eyes for a while longer, until the Corporal's grimace turned neutral, and then to a smile. He let the man down from the wall and patted him on the shoulder.

"Good man. Oh but one more thing. If you took the time to check me properly, you'd notice that my electrostaff is clamped to my leg. Your not the only one that can bluff" Kanderin smirked.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:04:30 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 138  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >