Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  425
Total Posts:  903
  Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
June 13, 2007 9:31:30 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut stumbled into the room, the last one to enter. His hair was awry, his clothes slightly askew. There was a general sense of dishevelment about the Wraith squad leader; he had obviously been up late last night. The squad made no comment as he organized his papers - papers! He didn't know what he'd been thinking when he thought that it would be better to write his notes on paper than on his data pad - they made no comment, and for that he was very thankful.

Fruitlessly, he tried to straighten his hair and tidy up his clothes. It didn't help. He started the briefing instead.

"Well, Wraith Squad, we're going on a new mission," he said, trying unsuccessfully to enthusiastic. He looked around the room and was greeted by blank, vacant stares. Snipes quirked an eyebrow. Arnaut let out a ragged sigh. The last mission hadn't been good for them.

The hologram appeared in the center of the table, showing a somewhat hazy holopic of Abregado-rae. Swirling white cloud systems drifted lazily across the glittering blue-green world. It was a temperate world, not unlike Tadath, with green continents broken by myriads of oceans. Lots and lots of water. Arnaut had always been unnerved around water. Something to do with his upbringing on the desert planet of Tatooine. Just maybe.

"This...is Abregado-rae. And this is where we'll be heading. We're going to do a mission that we've not had too much practice in. Kidnapping. Kidnapping, in fact, the leader of the New Republic's bureaucratic regime that governs the planet. They don't give Wraith squad the easy ones..." A few heads started to nod. A few eyes lost their glazed over look and stared at the hologram as if seeing it for the first time. The rest looks as if they'd had their brains surgically removed just that morning. Arnaut's eye twitched involuntarily.

"As I see it, we need to have a way to get onto the planet, and into the capital without detection. Now, these rogues in the mountains know their planet. Well. We need to get in contact with the closest cell of the separatists and negotiate both our transport into and out of the capital. Inside the city itself, as Snipes mentioned to me earlier, we can probably rent out a place to set up base and keep tabs on the planetary governor." Snipes nodded, glad at having his name mentioned. The rest had reverted back to their blank stares again. Arnaut had the impression they were waiting for something. For what, he didn't know, and he shuddered to think about it.

"From there, we can track his routines, movements, and work a time to get at him. But we'll play that by ear as we get there. Getting into the city might be another problem, though. Seeing as how it might be a problem for the separatists to transport nine, fully armored, fully equipped soldiers into the city, I want every one of you to bring back-up supplies in case our regular load-out won't do. That means concealed blasters, knives, collapsable surveillance equipment and so on. It might make getting into the city that much easier.

"Now our target--" Arnaut stopped suddenly. Everyone in the room - save Snipes, again the oddball - had suddenly leaned forward in their chairs. Expectantly. At the same time. Arnaut was sweating. They were definitely waiting for something, he could tell now. Their faces were still masks, but they had an eager air about them. Arnaut tried to get out a few words, spluttered for a second, muttered a profane oath, closed his eyes, and then visibly shook himself before continuing. Just his imagination. They were his squad.

"Our target--" he flinched as they moved again, but continued "--as I have said, is the leader of the regime on this planet. His name is Shelov." The words were barely off his lips before everyone in the room stood, blasters pointed at Arnaut. Save Snipes, of course. He had a shocked look on his face.

"Arnaut Taran," D'har said. Only it wasn't D'har's voice. It was a deeper, almost sinister voice that Arnaut thought sounded familiar. Familiar and horrifying.

"You are hearby placed under arrest for the attempted kidnapping of Planetary Governor Shelov, and charged with treason." It wasn't D'har anymore, the face who spoke. It was quite clearly a New Republic soldier, as were everyone else around the table. Arnaut didn't know how he knew, but he did. And he wasn't on Tadath anymore. The table had disappeared and was replaced by burnished steel flooring. The gleaming chrome walls around him were instantly recognizable. His intense study the night before had burned the images into his mind. He was in Tundei Regime's palace on Abregado-rae. Far from Tadath. His mind scrambled to hook onto some - any! - rational way he'd managed to get to Abregado-rae from his briefing room in the space of a blink. It didn't. Noticing the troopers for the second time, he started to scramble for the gun that was supposed to be at his belt. It wasn't there.

"Hands in the air now!" the former D'har cried. Arnaut kept scrambling. The laser bolt hit him square in the chest, throwing him up off his feet. He was falling backwards, flailing wildly. He didn't hit the floor, but instead seemed to almost pass through it, falling. Falling. The room, the troopers, everything melted away until it was immesnely dark. It pressed at Arnaut, seemed to push the air out of him. It was hard to breathe. It was disorienting. He was falling through a limitless, dark abyss...

With a  thud, Arnaut hit the ground, and shortly thereafter his chair clattered after him. He was shivering, his body covered in a damp sweat. He looked around and for a second thought he was back in the abyss. His heart skipped. But as soon as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, though, and he found himself staring at the familiar objects of his room. He had to take a moment to get his breathing steady again. Just a dream. Just a dream.

Slowly, he stood up and peered over the papers scattered across his desk. His notes. The chronometer at the end of the desk told him it was almost four in the morning. He still had an hour before the briefing. Still breathing slightly harder than usual, he collected his notes into one, neat pile. And went to change into some proper clothes.  He had a mission to detail. Without being suddenly taken under arrest.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  2944
Total Posts:  3940
  RE: Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
June 14, 2007 5:22:52 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes pulled the disk out of the communications terminal onboard the Queen Tetra's Revenge. Being finished at the terminal, he rose and pulled his shotgun from desk, spun the heavy weapon around his finger and then holstered it on his side. He'd had it out to threaten some one with, now though the necessity had passed and he needed to make his way to Wraith barracks before the squad showed up and, hopefully, before Arnaut woke up. Not that there was any good reason to get there before he woke up except dramatic effect, Snipes pretty much came and went as he pleased weather he was supposed to or not.

As Snipes made his way towards the almost abandoned sector of the base that housed Wraith Squad he took in the early morning sights, chipper recruits, groggy recruits, annoyed veterans, birds, small animals and all the sounds of a place that had already been up for atleast an hour. Snipes sighed, knowing these people were hopeless, they took their jobs far too seriously. Of course as he made his way closer and closer to the Wraiths barracks activity slowed untill, finally, it ceased completely. Another few twists and turns in the complex corridors brought him to a parade grounds.

The dirt field had long ago grown over with grass, weeds, flowers and someones herb garden. Over it loomed the building housing the Wraith barracks. It wasn't much of building anymore, it was made to house four squads, but currently Wraith was the only one occupying it, and even they were rarely there. Snipes made his way to the front door, it had malfunctioned some time in the recent past and now the top half was open all the time, only the bottom slid at all. Snipes didn't bother opening it though and just stepped through the triangular hole. He continued onto the actual barracks and let himself in, the place was abandoned, as usual, Snipes looked at his watch and sighed.

It was 6 o'clock. The briefing was probably over. Arnaut had said something about using a briefing room in the main complex because the Wraith holoprojector wasn't working. Snipes though about fixing it, then, looking over to the lounge area, realized Fury was laying on the table, asleep. Snipes liked the idea and took himself to a couch and jumped on it, settled himself in and closed his eyes.

Of course, right before he managed to dozed off he heard the door slide open and a squads worth of people shuffle in. He sighed and sat up, groggily he noted each member of Wraith squad, he looked over at Fury, who let out a growl, a yawn and then glared at the squad as though he'd like to eat them. Snipes on the other hand picked Arnaut out of all the jokes about Snipes lazy-ness and snide remarks about missing the briefing. Snipes ignored them, grabbed Arnaut, and dragged him out away from everyone.

Finally shaking the last of the sleep from his head Snipes pulled the disk from somewhere within his sash and slapped it into Arnauts hand.

"This is a special encryption used by the few smugglers that actually bring supplies to the rebels in the hills, I can't remember what this group is called, it's somewhere on the disk, anyway, I have a friend who brings them food. He's one of those misguided souls who have wrapped themselves in altruism. The poor, sad man. Anyway, does mean he's reliable."

"Thanks, figured you'd know somebody who knew something." Arnaut tucked the disk into a pocket and turned away.

"I'm going back to bed now. Wake me before we go."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS][CoR]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  455
Total Posts:  1849
June 14, 2007 8:40:55 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
There goes the holiday time

Kanderin stood back from the rest of the squad, staring intently at Snipes and Arnaut. His eye caught the disk change hands, and shortly after his mind did likewise. Knowing Snipes, Kanderin wouldn't like what was on it.

Regardless, Kanderin pushed away from the wall and wandered over to the sofa in the corner. He promptly collapsed on it, sparsely avoiding flattening Fury.

"Sorry there Buddy" Kanderin smirked, watching as Fury sulked off, only turning around to hand out the dirtiest looks Kanderin had ever seen. He would need the entire squads hands to count the amount of people that had tried to kill him so far in his short life, but he never would of considered a simple monkey would be the most intimidating.

"Why am I talking to a monkey?" Kanderin smiled at his own stupidity and settled down on the sofa. He yelped slightly and stroked his side.

Another mission could not be good for Kanderin's health. He had to be the mostunfortunate trooper to ever step foot in these barracks. Or any barracks at that. Every mission he had taken part in so far; and there had been quite a few, had ended in his injury.

The last one had been the worst, his whole body ached. The only reason he paid special attention to his side was his badly bruised ribs. At least he got them in a heroic way this time. He could think of far more emebrassing ways to become injured, than being thrown for a computer desk by a seven foot giant.

"Kand, someone here to see you"

Kanderin snapped out of his daydream and lazily peered over the top of the sofa, trying to remain as stationary as possible. Arnaut was pointing a thumb over his back, towards a young girl stood in military overalls.

"Fraot!" Kanderin leaped up, temporairily forgetting about the pain such activity would most likely cause. He ran as quickly as his ribs would allow him towards the door.

Fraot fell into his arms pretty much as soon as one foot stepped into the doorframe. Kanderin tried not to wince too majorly as she tightened her grip.

Eventually, he gave up on that plan and gently pushed her away, admiring her uniform.

"Well, look at you!" Kanderin smiled.

"Really? You like it? I thought it made me look too, well, mannish" Fraot smiled back.

"Not at all. You'd still be beautiful even in a sack"

"I hope you mean a vegetable sack Kand" Fraot smiled, trying not to let her face turn too red.

Kanderin smirked back. "Maybe i did, maybe i didn't..."

Kanderin heard a cough, and finally took his eeys off Fraot. Arnaut still stood less than a few feet away from them, a slight look of apprehension on his face.

"Oh right. Sorry" Kanderin laughed, before hitting the button the doorframe to shut it, sealing them in privateness. He went to turn around back towards Fraot, but his eye caught the door opening again.

"We're be leaving in about an hour" Arnaut said "Dont be late, meet us down in the hanger. You should know which one by now"

The door finally shut, and Kanderin and Fraot began a casual walk down the hallway.

"He's not impressed, is he?" Fraot asked, looking up to the definetely taller figure of Kanderin.

"Im not sure. I find it difficult to read Arnaut a lot of the time" Kanderin smiled, placing his arm over Fraot's shoulders. Fraot laughed and moved herself closer to Kanderin.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith Squad=-

Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

TRP/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  430
June 16, 2007 9:53:26 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
With a metallic clang, the crate landed on the grill of the ship's hold. Three others like it sat stacked precariously on top of each other, barely filling the empty hold.  It would still be a while before the ship was loaded. Arnaut had the time to wait.

He leaned back on the crate and sipped his cup of caf. His thirteenth cup, actually. There were only a very few ways to be awake at this late hour, and none of them good for the body. His eye twitched involuntarily. He took another long gulp anyway. Tnepres came and sat down next to him, two cups in hand. He handed one to Arnaut who stared at him oddly before realized he'd already finished off the cup he was holding.

"Thanks," he mumbled.

"Couldn't sleep either?" Tnepres asked, adjusting his seat.

"Yeah. Came and watched the droids start loading the ship, got a cup and...well, yeah, here I am." Tnepres nodded and sipped on his cup. They stared in silence for many minutes as the droid loaded a fifth crate into the hold.

"Do you ever think about him?" Tnepres asked suddenly. He didn't need to say any more. Arnaut knew who he was. Dodge. He'd been taken by a sniper's round on their last mission.

"It's hard not too. He was so...eager. New to the job. And he died. We should've protected him better." Tnepres nodded, but something seemed to be troubling him. He didn't speak, and Arnaut didn't ask.

They sat in silence, and the droids continued their work. Eventually the blackness outside began to tinge with gray, and light brimmed on the horizon. First light, Arnaut had told the squad, was when they would be leaving. There had been extra repairs to be made on the ship, and Arnaut had decided to postpone the launch a bit longer. Someone elbowed Arnaut in the side and he woke with a start.

Kanderin stood beaming down at Arnaut, Fraot seemingly draped around him. Both looked as if they hadn't slept much that night. Come to think of it, they probably hadn't.

"When you said be here by first light, I thought you meant awake, sarge!" Arnaut chuckled and picked up his dented cup off the ground. Next to him, Tnepres snored loudly with his battered cup still clutched firmly in his hand.

The squad arrived more or less on time, although Snipes looked a bit drunk, and Yoder was bleary eyed. Soon enough, the entire squad was assembled before Arnaut. Save two.

"Anyone seen Yillis? Or Slick?" Arnaut asked aloud.

"Last time I saw them, they were talking to Rizzit in the hallway, about what, I--hey, here they are now!"

Slick and Yillis crossed the hangar bay, their faces somber. Behind them trailed two soldiers, fully equipped in matte black spec ops armor, packs slung over their shoulders, and guns held in hand.

"Well, there's some good news and some bad news," Slick said slowly. "The good news is that you'll be getting two new troopers in the squad. Meet, Flem and Drane." The two troopers nodded and didn't say a word. They were almost identical, especially with the helmets covering their faces.

"The bad news is...we've been reassigned," Yillis said, almost unwittingly. "I've been moved to Squad Leader of the Paladins. Which, I must say, ain't too shabby." The hangar went silent as Yillis' words sank in. Two members gone in one stroke!

"That's...abrupt," D'har replied hesitantly. "So where are you off to, Slick?"

"I don't quite know yet...but they said it'll be somewhere fun, and I trust their judgement. Most of the time." He let out a wry chuckle.

"Well, I know this is a very quick good-bye, but we'll be in touch with all of you. I mean, we're in the same army, aren't we?" Everyone voiced their agreement, said their good-byes, and shook hands. And then the two were gone, leaving the squad still standing stunned in the hangar with the increasingly impatient pair of Flem and Drane. Flem started tapping his foot.

"Er...well!" Yoder began. "No time like the present to get started." Everyone began talking at once, about how they had to go pack away their stuff stuff, or check on this, or that, or just had to go. The squad split into different directions. Arnaut walked up the ramp, still mulling over what had happened in the last two minutes. Guess I could use a new assistant squad leader, now, Arnaut thought sadly as he entered into his compartments.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  463
June 17, 2007 5:51:21 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"I'm rapidly becoming one of Wraith's few remaining veterans" Kanderin sighed as he watched the archway that Slick and Yillis had departed from just a few minutes ago.

"From what I've heard, Wraith's don't tend to last that long" Fraot added. By the sound of her tone, Kanderin was fairly sure she wasn't as much listening to him, as getting ready to fall asleep on him. Deep down he wished he could do the same.

He sat there for a while longer, idly eyeing the ship. From what he could make out it was pretty much packed and ready to go.

Shame about the rest of the squad...

He looked over to his side, and admired Fraot gently sleeping against his shoulder. He felt so much better with her by his side. Normally Kanderin would take it on himself to keep himself to himself, snapping away anyone that got too close with sarcasm. He'd felt like the new guy for so long, the one only taking commands and never issuing them. But lately, he felt different. Okay, he was still the guy taking the orders, but he also felt he wasn't just a mindless pawn. Especially since with the rapid outflow of veterans and inflow of new recruits, he was gaining more esteem every day.

Kanderin shuffled around slightly, and placed a hand against the side of Fraot's head. He then placed his arm around her side and gently eased her down onto the bench, at the same time maneuvering himself away from it. She subconsciously shuffled around slightly, into a more comfortable position. Kanderin simply stood and smiled at her for a while, before kissing her on the forehead and walking away.

He turned the corner out of the hanger and nearly crashed into Arnaut, with yet another cup of coffee in his hands.

"You should really lay off that stuff you know, its not good for you" Kanderin smiled

Arnaut smirked back and shook his head.
"This one's not for me, thought you might need some waking up"

Kanderin rolled his eyes and took the cup.

"But anyway, hurry up with that, we're leaving in a few minutes" Arnaut smacked Kanderin on the back and walked towards the shuttle.

Slowly, the rest of the squad began to file through. Each of them finding time for a snide comment. They got slowly worse as the line carried on, starting with 'Awwh, Kandys growing up' and ending with 'High commands thinking about sound proofing the walls now buddy'. Kanderin's reactions followed a similar trend, ranging from a wink to death threats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kanderin arrived on the ship a few minutes later, after a brief goodbye with Fraot. He walked straight down the main hallway and into the area where the squad was waiting.

"Well that was fast" D'Har smirked.

Kanderin ignored it, taking a seat in the corner of the room. Well at least, seemingly ignoring it.

"One more comment from any of you and i kill you in your sleep"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  411
Total Posts:  504
June 17, 2007 11:28:13 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas sat in the back and watched as other Wraith squad members filled the small briefing room that he had been in numerous times before. The number of veteran's from when Lukas had first joined the squad was down to one or two now, including himself. He was a man of few words and masked his emotions by burying them down deep inside of him, and he wasn't happy that they had just lost Slick and Yillis.

Arnaut looked very disheveled and uncomposed. "He looks like he hasn't slept in months....", Lukas thought to himself as he took in the observation mentally. As the brief went on, Lukas made mental notes, put notes onto his datapad and observed that many of his squadmates were extremely tired or were about to fall asleep.

The brief had taken a little more than a half an hour and ended with a silence that he had come acustomed to. Lukas stood up and looked at his squadmates as he was one of the last ones to leave.

Most of them were new faces he had never seen, he only recognized a select few and nodded to each of them. Arnaut was on his way out but Lukas placed his hand on his shoulder and stopped him, pulling him aside.

Lukas stared into Arnaut's eyes with a serious look, not one with the intent to kill, but one of reassurance.

He whispered to Arnaut, "I'll be with you guys on this one, I am sure my skills will be very handy. The look of a squad leader holds many grave responsibilities and they look up to you for guidance and leadership...if that should faulter...it could lead to the most dire of consequences...my advice to you is no matter how bad the situation gets...keep a calm and collective head."

With that being said, Lukas strode past him gracefully and headed back to his quarters to grab his gear for the mission. He had not seen his quarters in a long time because of his absence. They had not touched a thing, everything was the same. Lukas took his trusty sniper rifle, two Hieb-Stich knives, a small box carrying multiple grey metallic balls, and a few other things.

After double checking and triple checking to make sure he had everything, Lukas headed down to the hangar bay to wait for the rest of the squad to show up...

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
ID Line: AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
-=Wraith Squad=-
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2951
June 20, 2007 1:02:25 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes yawned, stretched and then stood up. He looked around the cockpit a moment, it was empty, then he pulled a cigarra from a pocket, lit it and left the room. The dark blue swirls had enveloped them again, over an hour ago. Snipes didn't really want to cut his nap short, but he knew he'd better check on the Arnauts progress towards contacting their resistance leader. Snipes friend had given them the best equipped and most efficient rebel leader to get in contact with and also contacted the leader ahead of time in order to warn him that we would be contacting him. Hopefully Snipes friend only relayed the information Snipes wanted relayed. Snipes sighed and pushed the thoughts from his mind as he strode into the lounge.

His look around didn't show much, Draken fooling with something, Snipes considered saying something to torment the poor man, but decided he had probably taken his share of abuse for the day, the only other person in the room was Yoder. Snipes smiled. The trooper was asleep on one of the couches, he was on his back, limbs hanging over the edges. Snipes quickly stepped to a counter, pressed a button, the drawer slid open, Snipes rummaged around for a moment then found what he was looking for. After shutting the drawer he carefully crept up on the trooper. Sliding around the couch Snipes pulled the cap off the marker and descended on the poor troopers face, scribbling in a mustache, a uni-brow, a monocle and the word 'noob' across his forehead. Snickering at this bit of mischief Snipes continued wandering.

His feet first took him to the cargo hold. Filled with medical supplies and weapons, Snipes stretched his arms and wondered about their faction leaders request. He'd asked only for medical supplies and weapons when Snipes had spoken to him. He had shrugged off all their offers of food and equipment. The request for weapons seemed most interesting, although after some thought Snipes did have to acknowledge they probably had a difficult time getting them. With that subject mentally settled for the time he went about checking the boxed for damage from loading, it was a habit from his short time as a freighter pilot and delivery company. Once satisfied he left, making his way to the rooms housing the squad.

Most of the doors were shut, and Fury's room was empty, there was no telling where the cat might be sleeping, Snipes didn't worry on it, moving forward until he reached Virius' room. Inside there was plethora of computer pieces and parts laying around, many of them connected by stray wires and duct tape. It was pure chaos, but it was also twice the comms system as that in Snipes ship, despite the enormous price he'd payed for it. In here though was also Arnaut and Virius, trying desperately to get through to the resistance leader again. Their first transmission had been cut off, likely by the locals, Snipes had been told it happened frequently.

"Nothin?"

"Nope, not a peep since we took over."

"Ah hell, why does it always have to be complicated" Whining, Snipes was fet up with complications.

"What kind of impression did you get when you talked to him?"

Snipes sighed and sat down on the bed, leaned back against the wall and started talking. "He seemed ambitious and heavy handed, he knew what he wanted and how he wanted and he wasn't going to have anything else, he was almost barking orders. I did a little poking around threw a few of my contacts and it seems he's a real tyrant, but, he's effective, he actually gets things done, he has the best outfitted and best supplied group on the planet and it's been suggested he has spies in many of the cities. That said I don't think he'd hesitate to order a slaughter if it would achieve his goals. That makes me think he'll be willing to help us, we're paying him to do him a favor, from that way of looking at it we really look like chumps, but we're also better trained chumps. He'll go along with us and he'll stick to a deal, exactly to a deal."

"You think we'll have trouble with him?"

"No, as long as we keep our bargain he'll keep his. Just in case I have a droid that's been programmed to take the ship out of the system until it's signaled though, so we don't have to rely on them for evac."

"The question is do we want to hook up with a guy like this? He seems almost as bad as the current regime."

"That maybe, but he'll definitely keep a better face than this Shelov, he's been fighting a propaganda war, I don't think he'll stop once handed Shelov. He's also the best group to go with, sure they don't need the supplies as bad, but they're likely to have a better and safer network of spies and agents within the cities, therefore better at getting us, our supplies and our information in and out, back and forth."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  468
June 20, 2007 5:28:02 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Lousy piece of crap" Kanderin spat, throwing his comlink along the floor.

It hadn't been working properly since the computer desk incident. In all fairness, Kanderin was surpirsed it remained in one piece. Would probbaly be better off broken in half, it was useless for getting connections. For it to work he had to be stood less than a couple of metres away from the other person, which made the whole thing entirely pointless.

He pushed himself up from his chair a little too aggressively, and sent the entire thing toppling backwards. It made a huge crashing sound against the wall, which woke Yoder. Wake was a strong term actually, he did little more than sit up, groan a little bit and fall asleep again. It was enough for Kanderin to see the drawing's all over his face though.  Kanderin smirked and took a pen up from the off the side, moving over to Yoder.

Sound proof the walls eh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty minutes later, Kanderin stood back to admire his handywork. Yoder's face now composed of a moustache, a uni-brow, a monocle, some cat whiskers and a goatee. There was also a crude message scribbled across the back of his neck, which if Kanderin was lucky Yoder wouldn't notice. He had to love being heartless.

Kanderin wandered back and forth through the hallways for what felt like hours. He wasn't quite sure where everybody had gone. The only company he found was Fury, who simply snarled at him and ran off again.

Kanderin eventually wandered into the sleeping quarters of the ship. He had a quick glance in Leth's room, but he was asleep as well. Part of Kanderin wished he still had the pen, but instead he just shrugged and carried on walking. Lukas was awake in his room, but busy scribbling something out on a desk. Something told Kanderin bothering him would be a bad idea, so he moved on again.

He found Arnaut, Snipes and Virius sat crouched among computer parts in the next room. He stood there in the doorway for a while, listening to their conversation.

"Hey Snipes, how long till we land?" He finally piped up

Snipes looked up towards the clock, before diving towards Kanderin.

"Hadn't realised how long Id been sat there" Snipes remarked towards Kanderin, before running down the hallway.

Arnaut and Virius sat staring at Kanderin for a while, seemingly dumbstruck by Snipes' sudden disappearance. Kanderin smiled and sat down beside them.

"So, what're you guys doing?"

"Communications" Virius responded, shortly before looking back down at the device lying between him and Arnaut.

"Right" Kanderin nodded" I'll be off then"

Kanderin wandered back towards the cockpit of the ship. He had never been one for the communication side of things. He beleived he would find far more entertainment in watching Snipes land the ship.

Kanderin wished he could fly, the ship's had always amazed him. He loved what he did nearly as much as he loved Fraot, but every now and then he'd still find himself distracted, looking up towards the Interceptors.

WHen he arrived at the cockpit, he simply stood back against the rear wall, and watched Snipes work the controls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, where is this resistance of ours?" Tnepres asked, carefully watching Arnaut scour the horizon with a pair of binocluars.

"Towards the fringe of the city" Arnaut pointed.

Kanderin wasn't listening, he was too busy admiring the scenery. He was aware of the dangerous wildlife living on this planet, and the rare metal that was apparently available here. Rumour has it it could be used to make lightsabers.

The planet he heard of sounded industrial, covered in smog and incredibly ugly. This one was beautiful.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  395
Total Posts:  501
June 20, 2007 12:54:56 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
The planet was very beautiful indeed, but that wasn't important. The Wraiths still had yet to land and go through security, which was bound to be fun. Snipes eased the ship down into the spaceport, hydraulics whirring. They were just about on the ground when the ship dropped down the last five feet. Yoder shrieked and dove off the couch, landing face first on the floor.

Arnaut's voice came over the loudspeaker, "Sorry about that everyone, we seem to have a wee bit of engine trouble, but the good news is that we're planetside. Everybody meet me down at the ramp."

One by one, the Wraiths shuffled quickly toward the ramp. It seemed that the landing had snapped them out of their tired stupor. Arnaut looked over at the security checkpoint and pulled everybody aside. "Anyone have a bright idea of how we can get past there?"

Yoder's eyes lit up. "I have an idea, we go up to the guards, I slit their throats and we run like hell to the edge of the city."

The squad just looked at Yoder, and then glanced to each other to be sure they all just heard the same thing."

"I have an idea that won't attract as much attention," said Leth, "I'm going to set off the detector because of my arm no matter what. What we do is put our guns in a duffle bag, I go over to the metal detector, set it off, and throw the guards some bullshit sob story about my arm, making sure that they're all looking at me. While I do this, somebody else puts the bag through the scanner, it comes out the other side. I finish the story, grab the bag, walk away, and then the rest of you go through the detector."

The rest of the squad nodded in agreement as Leth opened up the bag and all the squad members packed their weapons inside. They walked out of the ship and toward the security checkpoint. Just as expected, the alarm sounded when a hunched over Leth shambled through the metal detector. He let out a cough and looked sadly toward the guards. He pulled back his sleeve, revealing his metal arm. "When I was a little kid. . ."

* * * (Five Minutes Later) * * *

"And every time I look at it, I feel like I lost it all over again," sobbed Leth as Kanderin put the duffle bag on the conveyor belt. The bag went through, the monitor showing all manner of pistols, carbines, and grenades as the guards still listened intently to Leth. Once the bag made it through, Leth finished his story, grabbed the back, and started walking away. He looked again at the guards. "Idiots. . ." he muttered under his breath.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LCPL D'har Leth/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/Nar Shaddaa

{Grand Imperator}
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  474
June 21, 2007 5:14:15 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin stifled his laughter as he wandered through the metal detector. The guard watching him had tears forming in his eyes. The two behind the scanner didn't look too good either. He had to remember to shake Leth's hand at the next possible moment. Anyone that was able to make three full grown security guards cry was someone special.

He got free of the metal detector and walked over to where Leth was waiting. Leth promptly grinned towards him and offered his hand out. Kanderin shook it and smiled back.

"Great job buddy, you even almost made me cry"

Leth winked and looked back towards the rest of the squad, who were making their way towards them, one by one. Once they were fully assembled, Arnaut stepped out in front and addressed them.

"Alright guys, we're be meeting the resitance leader on the outskirts of town" Arnaut said, keeping his voice as low as possible. "The outskirts are whee all the abandoned factories are, its in one of those we'll be staying"

Arnaut paused as the groans erupted from the squad. Kanderin didn't groan though, he way he saw it was at least they would not be sleeping in the same place as the enemy this time. He was no stranger to sleeping rough either.

"We're catching a cab from here to as far as it will take us. The outskirt's are a little rough to say the least, pretty much all the taxi companies refuse to go there. We'll have like, a two mile walk to finish the journey"

Again a groan crept out from the squad.Two miles wasn't that much for an army squad, but it didn't stop them from complaining. Just because they were far fitter than most, it didn't stop them from complaining about working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where to buddy?" The taxi driver asked Arnaut. The mans teeth were rotten, no other way to put it. His originally blonde hair was rapidly turning a murky brown, and Arnaut could only presume there sued to be a face under the greasy mess that now occupied his head.

"Milcahn Enterprises" Arnaut responded, trying not to look visibly disgusted.

The man gave Wraith squad a strange look, they seemed a strange party to be wanting to go to that side of town. The normal group would be dressed in suits and be carrying briefcases. These were dressed informally, carrying what he could only assume were bags filled with clothes. How wrong he was.

Every now and again the taxi driver would attempt conversation. And everytime he tried, one of the group would roll their eyes. He soon gave up on that idea and focused on driving the taxi.

Kanderin stared out of the window for much of the journey. They were lucky enough to fly over many of the famous rivers this city was renowned for. He didn't really see what was so special about them though. Then again, he never had been one for architecture. If Fraot was sat next to him, she would be giving him a lecture on why he should be interested and what makes them so inspiring. Which made him miss her a little less.

The city visibily devolved as they made their way across, from the centre to the outskirts. The buildings became less glamourous and more dangerous. The street names became less social and more industrial. The people also seemed to become less cheery and more....scary. Kanderin was sure he spotted blaster pistols ruffled under the clothes of many people. The more outgoing ones simply walked down the street, pistols and iron bars clutched casually in their hands. Even the cab driver suddenly put his window up.

Suddenly the cab stopped, and Wraith Squad looked up towards the huge building they had stopped outside. Dense black smoke poured from several open tubes at the top. Oil and god knows what else poured down the walls. Every now and again a large drop of it would fall loose, splattering the already covered pavement and anyone unlucky enough to be standing there. Kanderin cringed and put his hood up.

Arnaut paid the driver through the window quickly, before turning to face the rest of his squad. Kanderin heard the driver mumble something along the lines of 'good luck, you're going to need it'. That was probably spot on, looking around at their surroundings. Most of the buildings looked abandoned, factories that hadn't been used for decades. Many of them had their doors broken in, and crufe graffiti sprayed across their walls and windows, marking each groups relevant territory.

"Anyway" Arnaut gulped "We better get moving"

(OOC: We're moving pretty fast, feel free to post about any side encounters we face. Just dont mention us meeting the resistance until Snipes (or possibly myself) does so)
-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited June 21, 2007 9:43:37 AM)]
D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  397
June 21, 2007 11:21:05 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Wraith squad began moving through the area, which got more grimy as they went on. Dried blood caked over graffiti on some of the walls, bent pipes lay on the ground, some of them caked in dried blood as well.  A resounding crash threw the Wraiths off guard for just enough time, as a gang of perhaps more than fifteen people closed in on them.  Most of them couldn't have been more than eighteen years old, but all looked like they'd seen enough of life.  Most had crude weapons; knives, clubs, things like that, but a few had blasters.  A somewhat diminutive teenager stepped out from them and began speaking.

"Hello there gentlemen, you seem to be going through our territory, but you haven't paid the toll.  Now you would of course want to pay the toll, yes?  Because otherwise, violence could ensue, and that would be bad."

Arnaut stepped forward.  "Well, about that toll. . . No."  The gang leader looked shocked, he was used to people paying, most being intimidated by their numbers.  "We will not be paying the toll because you don't scare us, and you couldn't honestly take us on."

The wide-eyed gang leader shook his head to regain his composure.  It didn't work, his next words came out frantic and garbled.  "Our numbers don't scare you!? You've only got a handful, what could you do, honestly-"

Arnaut replied as hardassed as possible.  "You didn't seem to take my meaning.  Piss off.  Get out before you find yourself in a puddle of blood."

Shocked further, and angry to the point of no return, the gang leader raised his blaster.  The other teenagers were rooted to the spot, staring on as if they all knew what was about to befall their leader.  The man was about to pull the trigger, but in blink of an eye, Arnaut's hand jolted out, followed by a scream.  Standing there was the leader, his blaster on the ground, a knife in his eye, and just like that, he toppled over like a mannequin.

Kanderin looked out at the remaining hoodlums.  "Well, you just gonna stand there so he can kill more of you, or are you gonna get the hell out of here?"

The gang members scampered away, frightened and confused, as Wraith again started into the thick industrial area.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

{Grand Imperator}
[This message has been edited by D'har Leth (edited June 21, 2007 11:22:06 AM)]
[This message has been edited by D'har Leth (edited June 21, 2007 11:25:37 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  476
June 21, 2007 12:14:21 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Seriously Arn, you didn't need to kill the guy" Kanderin called over.

Arnaut simply shrugged and didn't say a word. Kanderin decided not to say anything else, for whatever reason Arnaut seemed to be in a foul mood.

"We better hurry up" Leth suddenly called over. "They might come back, with even bigger numbers"

"And? We'll just kill them again" Snipes smirked.

Kanderin couldn't help but laugh. He had become used to Snipes almost half deluded speech, it had become somewhat comforting in his time with the squad. Back as a raw recruit, he had cast Snipes off as a mad, overly promoted drunk. To an extent he was still right, with the exception of the over promoted part. Snipes had earned where he was. He trusted Snipes with his life as much as any other member of the squad.

The blaster bolt shot just in front of Kanderins eye's. It missed hitting by mere millimetres, instead burning against his cheek. he instinctively dropped to his knees, looking around for tha attacker.

A kid Kanderin recognised from the earlier group was running along one of the girders high up on the factory, still smoking blaster in hand.

"Wait here" Kanderin growled, setting off at a sprint towards the building.

He arrived at the alleyway down the side, and leaped to catch the ladder hanging half down from a platform. He just managed to catch the lowest bar with the tips of his shoes, but it was enough for him to be able to pull himself up. He was up the ladder in seconds, and running along the platform the boy had stood on to fire from.

The boy was nowhere near as fit as Kanderin, he was still trying to get himself up another ladder. He was overweight, which didn't help at all. he had run less than hundred feet, and was already out of breath.

Kanderin took another running leap at this ladder, just missing catching the boys ankle. He smirked. He wasn't disappointed, at the boys pace catching him would be no problem. Instead he set his mind to what he was going to do once he caught him.

He let himself get sidetracked a little too soon. Just as his head popped up from the top of the ladder, the boy fired again. His shaky hands meant he missed again, but again not by very much. Kanderin got tired of the foot chase. He yanked his own blaster pistol from his trousers, and fired. The bolt hit the boy square in the kneecap, dropping him to the ground with a scream.

"Don't you even think for reaching for that pistol kid" Kanderin shouted, stopping the boys hand in its tracks. "That shot wasn't meant to kill you, the second one will be"

The boy froze, trembling slightly as Kanderin made his way towards him. He picked the boy up by the collar, and held him at eye level. The boy swung out, but Kanderin simply released a hand from his collar and caught the fist with it. He twisted the fist around nearly 180 degrees, making the boy whimper.

"Hope you're not scared of heights" Kanderin said, holding the boy over the railing.

The boy whimpered something that sounded like please. Kanderin laughed and dropped the boy to his feet again. He was too scared to try and run away again.

"Next time you try and kill someone, make sure you don't miss"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2956
June 21, 2007 6:32:19 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes stretched his arms as far backwards as he could, to where he felt the pressure from his shoulder blades digging in, the he let the tension out and his arms slumped back to his sides. He wanted to sit down or lean against a building or something, but either would have resulted in him becoming covered in unknown and probably hazardous materials. The squad was milling about, waiting for Kanderin to return. Of course they only had to wait a few moments before the younger mans nimble frame landed in their midst. Snipes assumed he'd done it for dramatic effect and smiled, liking the mans sense of style.

With a word between Arnaut and Kanderin the squad was moving again, deeper into the heart of this industrial graveyard. It reminded Snipes of somewhere, he wasn't sure where, but if he remembered right some one had tried to kill him there. He hated it when that happened. He didn't really like the large factories, they closed in around him and seemed to leer at him, little of the sky could be seen and what could be seen was filled with black smoke. The place was oppressive and Snipes hated being oppressed. He sighed though and stretched again, trying to make his aching shoulders quiet down. He didn't know why they hurt, probably had something to do with the odd position he'd slept in. He shrugged that away too.

Instead he listened to the rhythmic sounds of walking, one step, two steps, and a click from his walking stick. It was one of the few weapons he'd brought, the stick, which had it's own secrets, a short knife on his belt in a simple style used by many craftsmen and laborers. He'd brought a pair of DL-44 blasters in the duffle bags, his shotgun he'd left on the ship, it was bulky and the ammo would be extremely hard to find on this planet and the ammo itself was bulky. Snipes had a few more tricks up his big, puffy sleeves, but he wasn't going to give those away just yet.

"Hey, Snipes, you seen any gangs lately?" Leth asked.

"Yeah, just glimpses, word travels fast places like this and gets more fantastic as it travels, I'm sure by now we've killed the entire gang, ate the corpses, shat out daisies and then walked away on our hands." Everyone that heard giggled, Snipes smiled and raised his arms in an 'I don't know' manner.

Of course the squads fun was cut short when they finally reached their destination. It was an enormous square building with an equally as enormous space in front, some sort of landing pad. There were no smoke stacks on this one, it was just a block with few markings or irregularities.

However that wasn't the part that bothered the squad. If they'd been most others they wouldn't have noticed the moochers slinking around in the darkness within, only glimpses of them to be seen. But then it was logical to believe that moochers would be important members of the resistance. The squad readied themselves and began moving forward, fallowing Arnaut into the facility.

Once inside they continued on, Snipes tried to avoid watching the moochers and gados jump from machinery pieces to catwalks to rafters above him, but he found it almost impossible. He could see above in the offices overlooking the floor shadows moving around. It was obvious they were expected. Snipes stretched again and let himself fall to the back of the pack, keeping an eye on their rear as they began to ascend a stairway, it took them up and up, maybe ten stories, maybe more, Snipes wasn't paying attention to that. The factory was made up of many platforms and levels, it seemed to be some sort of custom starfighter factory, possibly one of the places that made custom versions of production models. Snipes watched a gado jump from one of these platforms to one on the story higher. Snipes turned away, disgusted with envy.

It was only a moment longer before they reached the top floor and offices there, somehow Snipes found himself shuffled right behind Arnaut when the door raised up. What it revealed made Snipes almost cry on the inside. It was an Iridonian female. Clad in simple civilian clothes and with no more weapon than a small knife not unlike Snipes on her belt it would be hard to tell she was the leader if Snipes hadn't spoken to her already and if the only other person in the room was a rodian with a blaster trained on the squad.

"Jo-kil?" Arnaut started off.

"Yes, Thats me, and you are Wraith Squad." She said, her voice was gruff, still feminine, but gruff. "The Vast Empire's Storm Commando's and Privateers. Code Names: Arnaut, Sniping101, D'har Leth, Kanderin Drake, Yoder, Yillis, Virius, Lukas and Tnepres"

"Yeah, that's us." Snipes said, pushing up next to Arnaut, "Only Yillis is not among us anymore."

"Has my city grown so rough?"

"You wish."

She smiled. Snipes hated it when women smiled, always meant they were up to something. "I sent those ruffians to attack you, honestly I was hoping they'd kill you." Suddenly the smile was gone and she was leaning on her hands, curled into fists on the desks, she looked fierce and she stared them all fiercely in the eyes. "I was on Iridonia when the Empire came, I've seen what they do to worlds! Do you really expect me to turn around and help you now!"

"Ha! None of use were even in the Empire at that time, do you really think this empire needs anymore bad publicity? Do you really think we're so foolish asto not learn from our mistakes!?" Snipes yelled back, matching her tone.

"The Empire destroys worlds!"

"NOT MY EMPIRE!" He yelled back.

"Wait, everyone cool down!" Arnaut said, pulling Snipes back. "We don't want to take this world, we want this oppressive leader ousted. That's all we want. We're going to turn him over the moment we get him, we really don't want to spend any more time here than we have to and Shelov has committed no crimes in our space. We can't touch him without starting at all out war on yet another front, and we really don't need that. Honestly, we're helping you and not only that we brought you supplies you requested. Look at it as us paying you do do a favor for you."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  478
June 22, 2007 4:12:07 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Somehow Kanderin had figured this would happen. Resistance groups have a major tendency to hate all sorts of diplomatic activity, not just the one they were 'resisting' against.

The woman's entrance had been far but dignified, Kanderin had found him positioning himself to hold Snipes back once the shouting started. Luckily there was no need.

The woman stared at Arnaut for a while, seemingly trying to find another verbal weapon to use against him. She gave up, and waved them through the doorway.

"Nice place you got here" Kanderin smiled, as he shuffled his way past the girl.

"Shut up" Was his only response.

The room was littered with various power cables, all connecting to some computer. At least twenty people were sat around the room, busily typing away. It wasn't what Kanderin had expected, resistance group's weren't exactly linked with this sort of activity. He couldn't help thinking the gang they had met outside gave a more suitable image of the group, then the people sat around here.

"Lets not waste time" The woman cut in, walking over to a projector on the farthest wall. She pressed a button on the bottom of it, and an image threw itself up against the wall. Some sort of festival, there were various parade cars slowly moving down the road. Each side of the street was literally filled to the brim with people, all had their attention on the lead car. Jo-Kil pressed a button a remote balancing in her palm, and the camera zoomed in, focusing on that car.

A Herglic stood at the front of this car, shouting down towards the people. Comparing him to the men stood either side of him, he had to be at least two metres tall. Kanderin was trying to work out just how the parade car wasn't collapsing under his weight.

"That is Shelov" Jo-Kil cut in. She paused, seemingly to wait for a response, but nothing came. Wraith squad had already seen Shelov many times, and although his pure size still intimidated many of them, they didn't show it.

"This parade we're looking at takes place every year" She continued "Shelov uses it as a way to spread his propaganda across the city and pretty much most of the planet. He parades around the entire city, spreading some shit about how everything they do is helping the public"

Kanderin heard Snipes giggle slightly. A woman swearing probably wasn't common place for him. Arnaut ignored it.

"Let me guess, you think this is our way to get to him"

Jo-Kil shot Arnaut a dirty look, as if he had just stolen her party piece. For a few seconds it seemed as if she was contemplating attacking him right there and then. But just as soon as she had turned around, she looked back to the projection.

"Yeah, thats what I'm saying. In particular, pay attention to the two men positioned to his sides. You're highly trained troopers should be able to work out a way to acquire those uniforms, and get themselves there. My men will start a distraction in the crowd, some sort of fight perhaps. And while the authorities are busy dealing with that, you grab Shelov and get him out of there"

"Errm, question" Kanderin suddenly spoke, and the girl looked around at him.
"Sure we're highly trained, but do you honestly believe that only two of us can disable something that big?"

She shook her head.
"Thats your problem, not ours"

Somehow Kanderin knew that answer was coming.

The woman finished talking. She didn't exactly say anything that closed the briefing, but simply walked towards one of the men at the computers. Arnaut turned to face Wraith squad, many of them looking pretty nervous.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2961
June 23, 2007 4:43:31 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Mining colony whore." Snipes spat past his cigarra the moment they were out of earshot of the building.

"Snipes, I thought you were good with women?" Yoder said through a giant grin. Snipes pushed the smaller trooper into a wall.

"Well, you certainly did make us some friends Snipes." Arnaut said, more than a little sarcastically.

Snipes shrugged, "She's an Iridonian, they think a little different. And They're not like normal women, she probably could have kicked my ass."

"Oh you think so?"

"Iridonians are particularly violent, I knew one once. He was always getting into fights, he almost always won."

"And where is this Zabrek friend of yours now."

"In orbit around Corellia, without a vacuum suit, if you catch my drift."

They continued on for a little, Snipes going into various stories about ways people he'd known had died. It ranged from army experiences such as Jyse getting an APC rolled on top of him, to people he'd known outside such as a Rodian he'd known that had somehow swallowed a grenade, the bad part being that somehow in his stomach the pin eventually worked it's way out. Snipes remembered the clean up from that one better than the rest.

"Jeez, Snipes, beginning to wonder about being one of your friends, they all seem bound for grisly death."

"Only the lucky ones."

"Shush kiddies, we're there." Arnaut said.

They'd arrived to an abandoned factory of some sort, from what Snipes could read through the dingy sign it had made chip-boards. Jo-kil had suggested they use a factory and suggested a particular factory. They had promptly gone the other direction. It's not that they didn't trust their new ally. It's that they knew better than to trust their new ally. The Wraiths wanted some where they could be secluded and alone. This was a start.

The squad walked in through the loading door, Kanderin had to crawl in one of the windows first and pull the door up from the inside. There was no power in the place, and it looked like it had been thoroughly ransacked. There probably wasn't much missing, but it was all broken and laying around the floor and many different pieces. The squad continued across this area though, Snipes thought it was about ninety meters long by probably thirty wide. It went into an office area at the back and a stairwell that went into the ground.

"Arnaut, I'm gonna check out the basement," Snipes called to the SL.

"Alright. Leth, Virius, Yoder, go with him." They groaned, Snipes made a whipping motion with his arm and laughed at them.

Snipes dug his blasters out of the bag first though,  he put the dual shoulder holster on, checked the blasters, then headed down the stairs.

----------

Snipes stretched again and tried to get comfortable in the old office chair. He'd long ago finished checking out the basement, it had turned out to be six small square rooms, four for storage, one for communication lines and one for power. Snipes and Arnaut had managed to make a ramshackle generator from the various machine parts still laying around which they'd hooked to the fuse box, it only put out enough power to run one room and it probably wouldn't hold together for more than a day or two, but that would be long enough to find something better. Virius had rigged up some sort of communication center. Using it Snipes had checked to see if the resistance had unloaded their cargo off his ship, finding that they had he sent the signal for it to leave the system. Snipes sighed and closed his eyes.

"Maybe, just maybe" Snipes said, "I'll finally get some sleep."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  486
June 26, 2007 5:24:23 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Snipes jumped up as what could only be described as an explosion echoed out of the furthest room from him. A few seconds later, Kanderin emerged, face black with soot and using every curse ever thought up.

"These stupid generators!" He cried, kicking the one that had obviously blew up. All that did was make him curse more, his right foot suddenly screaming out in pain.

"Im off.." He grunted "To kill Arnaut"

Snipes laughed as he watched Kanderin hobble back up the stairs, mumbling more curses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the squad were gathered in the one room, bathed in the fading light from the one window that wasn't completely black. Yoder, Leth and Tnepres had started a card game in the corner. By the facial expressions, things seemed to be going extremely well for Leth.

Normally Kanderin would of joined them, but this time he wasn't in the mood. In less than a day, they woud be considered terrorists on this planet. Sure, they were VE soldiers. Sure, they were Wraith squad, this sort of suicide mission was nothing out of the ordinary. But he couldn't help thinking that even this mission might be out of their depth. He really doubted that highly trained soldiers would take their eyes off their leader for more than a second. Even without the guards, taking down a two metre high main without weapons would be a hell of a feat. Kanderin really wasn't sure how this would suceed.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  434
June 26, 2007 10:51:41 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Kick. Kanderin hit the ground, half-awake, muttering unintelligible phrases. Kick. Cursing, Snipes fell from his chair, curses flowing from his mouth like water. Well, almost. Water was most definitely cleaner than anything that came out of Snipes' mouth. Yoder fell from his cot still yawning. Virius fell down and started yelling about being already awake. The others came out of bed without much of a fight. They were tired, it was four in the morning, but they still had a rush-job kidnapping to do. They'd only been on surface for little over twelve hours, and they were already on the day of the kidnapping. It would be rushed, but they might be able to do it. Supposing everyone quits groaning and starts moving about.

"Up and at 'em, boys! Today's the big--" Arnaut was cut short by a brilliant flash of white light that turned suddenly into a roaring thunder. The windows vibrated and odds and ends of Virius' trinkets went to the floor. After a short pause, there came a whispering noise, like thousands of people shushing each other at the same time. Arnaut muttered something profane and stalked over to the holopic, turning it on.

"--has been cancelled. Planetary Governor Shelov sends his apologies and hopes that you will attend the parade in two days at its rescheduled time. This is the first time in almost ten years that they've had to reschedule the parade; our planet has been blessed with remarkably good weather since--" Arnaut shut off the machine and stared at the squad. Most of them wore frowns, while others still rubbed there backs from where'd they'd fallen out of bed. None looked too happy.

"Well...more time to collect our uniforms!"

Arnaut summoned Snipes, Virius, and Lukas into the small room he'd taken as his office. His datapad and pack were flung onto the desk, as well as a lamp, a few, outdated graphite writing-sticks, some paper, and a beat up old lamp he'd found in the shelves. His cot was dingy, but still was more clean than the one's most of his squad slept on. And it didn't have any holes. That was a plus. He'd been right in choosing to bring his own roll-up pillow. He'd taken one look at the flea-infested, piss-stained one that had been there before, and thrown it out back. Let the rats have it, he'd thought.

Snipes' nose wrinkled in jealousy as he stared at the relative tidiness and cleanliness of Arnaut's room. Virius looked over with calm, collected eyes. Lukas merely grunted. They sat down in three, mismatched chairs Arnaut had pulled in front of his desk and sat waiting for their squad leader to collect his notes.

"Today's going to be a day of preparation. I'm thankful it rained. We wouldn't have had time to get ready otherwise...at least not as thoroughly." The three nodded in assent. None of them knew why the Resistance cells had chosen the day after they arrived as the day to kidnap Shelov, but it was likely the best chance for a while, and the postponing of the parade gave them time to actually adequately prepare.

"We're going to be breaking into groups for the day. It'll help us get more done, and quicker. That doesn't mean we'll be entirely out of touch, though. Some of the tasks to accomplish won't be easy in the slightest.  First order of business is those uniforms. I don't care how you do it, so long as you're not caught. Snipes, Virius...you will be in full charge of Tnepres, Yoder, Kanderin, and the one of the new soldiers for that job. We only need two remember, but if you can swipe a few more, it might make our job easier.

"Lukas, you and the other new trooper will be heading out onto the parade grounds. Scout the area. Find out what it's like. And find a good place to move our speeder once this distraction starts. Be sure to make fall-backs too. It never hurts to have a plan 'B'. Lastly, D'har and I will be heading over to the library soon to dig up the old holovids of past parades. To scope out security details and the such...it should help us determine how and when exactly to kidnap Shelov. We'll tell you if e get anything. Other than that, that's about all we can do for today. Get your jobs done, and signal me when you're ready. Or if you're in trouble. But I'm sure that won't happen, now will it? Any questions? Then you are dismissed."

The three stood up and started to leave, all except Snipes, who stopped in the doorway. "You don't give me the easy ones, do you, Sarge?" he asked dryly.

"I wouldn't give it to you if I didn't think you could handle it. Plus, we'll all be less than a second away by comlink. Stay in touch, be sneaky, watch your back, and you'll be fine." Snipes nodded, as if thinking to himself, and then went out the door. Arnaut sat back in his chair, plans already formulating in his mind. Thunder rolled ominously, muted by the thick factory walls. A small smile graced Arnaut's face. Yes...yes, they could pull this off. Barely. But they could.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2968
June 27, 2007 2:08:29 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes stretched, spat into a corner and then went about collecting his troopers. They weren't any happier than him, as far as he was concerned they could cry a bloody river and he wouldn't care, for some reason he'd woken up in a bad mood. He sighed again. He wanted to go back to bed, and on this day everything that kept him from that was an irritation. Rubbing his face in yet another futile attempt to stir some cranial activity, Snipes decided to just deal with it and walked out the door, into the street where the majority of the squad waited for him, most had already woken up fully. That too irritated Snipes.

"Well," Snipes sighed, "I figure the first order of business is to find some mode of transportation and get the hell out of this rain. Such a group walking in the rain would look suspicious anyway."

"And how do you propose we do that, anyway?"

"Well, stealing is out, buying is out, I've got credits, but not that many on me," Snipes started walking, letting the rest follow him, or not, as was their pleasure. Turns out they all liked the sound of his voice. "Now I don't know anyone here, there's not exactly anyone just giving them away and. . ."

"Wait, Snipes, giving them away? There might just be, give me a sec. . ." Virius started doing something fancy with his datapad, Snipes rose an eyebrow at him, then turned back to watch the road in front of him.

"Well, assuming that gets taken care of, we still have to find a way to grab those very uncomfortable looking uniforms. Now I like the idea of breaking into the barracks and. . ."

"Why don't we just find a couple guys on vacation and nab their uniforms while they're in their civi's"

"Well that would work," Snipes said, unwilling to admit it was a good idea, "But how do we know who's on vacation and where they live? Did ya think of that?"

"Yeah, someone hangs out in front of the complex, listens to the people coming off duty, in particular people of our general size and species. In theory they'll hear something of value, meanwhile everyone else can be hiding out in bars, cafes and restaurants listening for off duty soldiers."

"Ok, fine Kanderin, it's a good idea, you win."

"Thank ye."

"Alright, Virius, you're with me, we'll hit up a bar about half way to the city center, Kanderin, you get to hang around the outside of complex since it was such a good idea,"

"Oh thanks Boss" He sneered, in good humor. Really it would be one of the more nerve wracking parts, trying to remain incognito around so many security force members and officials.

"The rest of you split into your own groups of either one or two, hit up cafes, restaurants, parks, anywhere an off duty soldier might find themselves. Gambling dens are perfect. Listen, drink, socialize, do what you can. Give me and Virius a yell every hour and a half, if i haven't heard from you within an hour of missing your check in I'm assuming you're dead and there's nothing I can do about it. Also, try to lay low, as in as little crime as possible. Preferably none, but I'll take what I can get."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  488
June 27, 2007 8:35:31 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
How the hell am i supposed to lurk around the front of a military barracks and not get arrested?

Kanderin leaned against a wall, scanning the edges of the barracks just a few metres away. He couldn't just stand there, he'd be asked to move along before he'd even found a decent spot. Being a tourist was out of the question, the way he was dressed did not compliment that at all.

It finally clicked, an idea that would make even Snipes proud. He'd done it once already back with the Corsairs, and it had worked perfectly then. Even more perfect than he originally thought he remembered, letting his mind slip back to Fraot.

He would flirt with a woman. Somehow Kanderin doubted that the guards would be willing to disrupt two people obviously very romantically entwined.

He cursed. Fraot wasn't here. Nor were any of his squadmates female. He squirmed as he considered the only other option he had. He was going to have to work his charm on a local girl. Fraot would of killed him if she knew this plan was running through his head. But regardless, he pushed her out of his mind and wandered over to the road on which the barracks lay. He positioned himself against one of the crummy shop windows, keeping an eye out for anyone coming down the road towards him.

With any luck, he might not have to wait for too long.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  404
June 27, 2007 2:11:33 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Arnaut and Leth walked out of their hideout a few minutes after the rest of the Wraiths left.  They wandered again through the field of decaying industrial complexes and forgotten factories, past the puddle of dried blood from their earlier encounter with the wretches. 

After a half hour walking they came toward the more populated areas of the city, and continued toward the library.  The library itself looked like it was falling to shit, with parts of the walls coming off and most of the "library" sign being scratched away.  However, it was functional, as far as they knew, then Arnaut looked up.

"Shit!"

D'har was about to ask what was wrong, but then he looked up and saw that the library was closed.  "Well it being closed doesn't stop us, it just makes it a bit harder."  They both started circling the building, looking for a convenient entrance to break into.  At the back of the building, there was a large plasteel door with an older model security box.  Arnaut went up to the door, looked at the box for a second, then crouched and began tinkering with the box.  This tinkering led to Arnaut prying the box from the door, cutting one of the wires, and reattaching the wire to another metal nub.  He then pressed several buttons in quick succession until the display read, "Input new code."  Arnaut entered "000000," put the wire back in its original place, and again entered "000000," which was followed by the sound of the door unlocking.

Arnaut and Leth went through the door and into the library, keeping an eye out for security cams, and carefully walking toward the section of the library where the holovids were kept.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

{Grand Imperator}
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  490
June 28, 2007 5:52:36 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin was surprised at just how well his plan had worked. He had simply complimented the young girl on the way she dressed, the way she looked, her shopping sense, the usual stuff. And if she moved her head any closer to his than it already was, she'd be kissing him. At the moment though he didn't mind, in the corner of his eye he had caught two soldiers poke their heads out of the barracks, wondering what two people were doing leaning against the outer wall. They had simply noticed the situation, laughed and disappeared back inside.

Unfortunately, he was running out of things to say. The girl hadn't spoken since he had first made contact, instead willing to just listen to Kanderin. Which wasn't helpful. He couldn't beleive his luck when he noticed the four men wandering out of the barrack's in plain clothes, all clutching holiday bags. One of them pointed over towards Kanderin and the girl and said something. The others laughed. This only made Kanderin hope his encounter with him would end in a scuffle even more.

He pushed the girl away from him gently.

"Listen, I've got to get to work. Drop me your number off later okay?"

He was already walking away before the girl even had time to reply.

"But I dont know where you work!" She shouted after. Kanderin began to feel guilty about leaving her, she had a beautiful voice.

"Oh" Kanderin waved his hand in the general direction of the industrial section "I work in that one"

He managed to form a smile, just before he disappeared around the corner.

"I'm sorry Fraot" He muttered to himself.

He smelt of perfume now. It was the last thing thing he needed. Regardless, he kept his eye on the ball. He removed his comlink from his pocket. He'd had Arnaut had a look at it shortly before he left, it was working properly again. He pressed a few buttons, and eventually Snipes voice burst out of the speaker.

"I've got four soldiers on leave right in front of me, I think they're heading for the spaceport"

"Ok Kand, try and-"

"No wait" Kanderin cut in "We're in luck, they've stopped in a cafe"

He let himself get a little closer so he could read the sign.
"The Waswk cafe"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  438
July 1, 2007 6:36:22 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
There was a whirr, and suddenly the machine fizzed to life. The bluish-gray screen reflected its light onto Arnaut's face, and the surrounding shelves. Or, more precisely, things looking as if they might once have been shelves. A very long time ago. At least the terminals still worked. They hadn't been stripped out of the place when everything else had. Thankfully. All it needed was a little power supply and a liberal amount of kicks. Good as new.

The scene before his eyes displayed an all too familiar parade. The speeder/floats lazily drifted between the pressing crowds on either side of it, pompous, bureaucratic officials waving and smiling smugly, occasionally shouting some form of propaganda or another.

It was hard to make out the people, as the holovid was pretty fuzzy, but he could clearly make out the face at the front of the parade. Shelov. To the sides of him, he was flanked by two guards, their grayish uniforms pressed to perfection, blasters holstered at their sides. Walking alongside the float were about eight other guards, dressed in the standard PDF uniforms, and armed with riot gear. They were taking no chances. There were guards stationed every few feet up and down the crowds, presumably to keep them in line, though no one seemed to be cheering too wildly or happily. They seemed more of a crowd resigned to a fate they did not like.

Overall, it seemed overly protected. There were no disturbances, cheering, usual streakers, or anything else that accompanied parades and made them unsafe and interesting. Which would mean, after a few years of doing this, the guards were probably bored with standing around all day watching a terribly unexcited crowd. Which, in turn, meant that they were probably just running through the motions. A riot there would probably catch all of them off guard, or at least the better portion of them. That left the Wraith squad to deal with Shelov.

A sudden creak brought Arnaut back to the present. D'har was over by one of the rusted window shutters, peering out at something. He didn't look happy.

"Sir...we've got trouble."

"What kind?" Arnaut replied, scrambling over to him.

"The worst. Almost. Inspection team, probably saw us entering. It's ten of them, sir. They'll probably ask us why the hell we're breaking into their library, ask for ID's, and arrest us." D'har said simply.

"You sound as if you've been in this kind of trouble before." It was almost a question.

"Believe me, I know. We got credentials, sarge?"

"Shit. That was one thing we forgot to get from the resistance force..." Arnaut's mind was racing. Ten on two.

"So, whadda we do?" D'har asked.

The door was closed, shut firmly. The keypad was slightly skewed, but Sergeant Lankins didn't even think about using that to open the door. He and technology...they weren't the best of friends. He just had his squad blow the door down, instead.

With a booming explosion, the door flew inward in a cloud of dust. One of the library shelves the door collided with fell over, onto the ground. Then there was silence. One of the men behind him coughed.

"Sir, why are we 'ere, again?" Grimwald asked from the back of the group.

"I told you, someone saw two men break into here, and we were sent to investigate."
"Uh...but, sir? Why'd 'ey hafta send all of us to find two men?" Lankins muttered a few words concerning Grimwald's stupidity before replying.

"Because..." he said in a very impatient voice, "they could be armed and have more people with them. You heard about the gangs operating in this part of town! It's just not safe to go around anymore. Which is why we have to stop gangs from popping up...anywhere. Even here."

"Ah...so...so this is a gang thing?"

"I think I just said that," Lankins growled.

"Ah...sorry sir, didn't 'ean to anger you, sir. I shouldn't 'ave doubted you, sir." Grimwald replied cheerily.

"Don't be a kiss-ass."

"Sorry."

The squad fanned out, guns poitning every direction, looking for anyone or anything in the building. Nothing popped out at them, nothing shot at them. Good. He was sure his squad could handle it, but Lankins hated taking risks. Of course, it had been a risk signing up for the City Guard in the first place, but he believed in Shelov. Now, Shelov, he was a good leader. He could probably bring Abregado-rae up to the standards it had once had. They could be a major influence in the New Republic. Hey, the New Republic might even move their palace to Abregado-rae. Lankins chuckled at the thought. That would be nice. Having the New Republic's finest sitting just a few miles from your house. A sort of honor, something you could brag about in other spaceports. It was far-fetched, but a man could dream, couldn't he?

There was a faint rustle, and suddenly one of the shadows moved and formed into a man. He stepped forward, his brown, frayed cloak swaying behind him. His hair was pitch black, and ruffled. Beneath it were similarly dark eyes, glistening faintly in the dim light. His angular face sat atop a fairly muscular, tall body. His mouth was curved in a smile. And his outstretched hand held a gun pointed directly at Lankins.

The squad all had their guns trained on the man, all except Lankins, who stood stiff, paralyzed with fear. The man released his grip on the gun, and it fell, clattering to the floor. The man's arm went to his side.

"I am unarmed," he said clearly, in clipped tones. Lankins had to take a few deep breaths to calm himself before replying.

"Ah...I...uh, see! And...w-who might you be, and what are y-you doing here?" he stammered out.

"Just...passing through," the man replied distantly, pulling a piece of rubble off his cloak. "May I leave now?" He sounded -- and looked, come to think of it -- weary.

"No," Lankins replied, regaining his cool composure, "we need to see ID's, and know precisely why you're here." The man stared back, his smile turning into a cocky grin.

"Now now, we wouldn't want any...trouble...would we?"

"Is that a threat? Squad, detain this man," The man's eyes turned to burning coals. No matter. He would soon learn what Abregado-rae's justice system did to those who resisted. Suddenly, he remembered something. "And search for his friend, he should be...around..." There was a sharp pain in his back, and suddenly his legs felt leaden, his arms too heavy, his body too bulky to stand. D'har retracted the knife from the sheath it had found in Lankins spine, and let the body fall. It was dead before it hit the ground.

Arnaut dove right, pulling out his second pistol, and sprayed shots across the room. The shots went wide, pulverizing the bookshelf behind the enemy, but at least it made them duck. On the other end of the room, D'har was backpedaling quickly, dual pistols in hand, spraying the remaining men standing with shots. One fell, still clutching the ruined mess that had been his face as he died. Another was blown backwards into the wall, hitting with a wet thwack, before finally sliding down onto the floor. He didn't rise again.

Arnaut pushed his head out of cover, and squeezed off a few shots. Some of the braver soldiers ducked their heads back. The suicidal one fired back. Arnaut unleashed a volley on the closest man. He crumpled backwards, multiple blaster wounds decorating his torso. A lucky shot grazed Arnaut's shoulder, and he recoiled back into his cover cringing. He could hear D'har's pistols opening up again. Someone screamed, and then there was silence.

Arnaut peered around the corner of the destroyed shelf he was behind. There was a haze in the air, and the stink of burning wood. Nothing moved. It was perfectly silent. A shot went zipping past Arnaut's left ear, and he ducked back in again. Too close. The man was most definitley ahead of him. Probably ducking behind the mess that had been the holovid station before  the gunfight. Arnaut prayed he was right, and lunged out from cover. The shots punctured through the ineffective cover, and the man's screams were soon cut off. More rose from their hiding places to fire at the newly revealed target. D'har dropped them from behind. After a few seconds of exchanging rounds, it was over.

Arnaut stood, brushing off some stray blood that had trailed onto his jacket. His shoulder burned, but he would get it later. Right now, they just had to get out of there.

"Not the most...diplomatic way to end it," Arnaut said sourly, looking down at one of the more grisly bodies. The ground was strewn with blaster holes and smoking rubble. There would be no way to hide this one. Their only hope was to get out as quickly as possible and hope to not be connected in the killings. Unlikely. With all the gang activity in the area, it would most likely be attributed to one of them. Still, Arnaut shuddered.

"Let's get out of here," D'har said, already moving toward the door. Outside, it was already dark, allowing them to easily blend into the shadows and move away. They hadn't really gotten the information they'd come for. But maybe it'd be useful enough.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 1, 2007 6:38:21 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  515
July 5, 2007 10:11:52 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin sat on a chair in the corner of the cafe, his legs perched on the table to his side. He watched the four men sat near the counter talking casually. Their bags had all been placed around the centre of the table.

Kanderin picked up his coffee and sipped it, using its temporary cover to scan the men. He couldn't see any weapons on them, which was good. Not that had surprised him, four men going on holiday were unlikely to be carrying weapons.

Kanderin almost jumped out of his skin as Snipes placed a hand on his shoulder. Virius, Tnepres and Yoder stood just alongside, grinning.

"What took you guys so long?" Kanderin growled, trying to mop as much of the coffee off his top as possible.

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to pick out one strangely named cafe, when this entire district if filled with strangely named cafe's?" Tnepres replied.

Kanderin struggled a smile.
"Anyway, the four guys on that table" He pointed towards the soldiers.

"Good work Kand, but how do you suppose we grab those cases in the middle of a busy cafe, in the middle of the day? and not get spotted?"

"Well, since you guys took your sweet time in getting here, I set it upon myself to get everything ready in advance" He smirked, before pointing towards a tray on the counter containing four coffee cups.

"This shop isn't the most well equipped. Once you've finished your coffee, you simply give them the same cup back and they refill it. These guys have had like, five cups already. The sixth is on its way anytime now, only I've added some special ingredient's of my own"

Kanderin had barely finished his sentence when waitress picked up the tray and put it down on the soldier's desk. They sat drinking the coffee for a while, before almost spontaneously they all leaped up and ran to the bathroom. Wraith simply wandered over, picked up the cases and walked out.

"I don't want to know Kanderin, I really don't" Virius called back, Kanderin simply grinned.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

ASL/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  444
July 6, 2007 5:10:33 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The trip back to their abandoned warehouse was uneventful. The musty streets, littered with trash and debris, could've hidden any number of thugs and footpads. They probably had. And they probably would've tried to rob the two men walking alone amidst their territory. Had it not been for the long, high-caliber riot-rifles each of them held. They probably valued their the intactness of their face and skull over a few stray credits.

Arnaut kicked off his dusty boots as he fell onto his cot. There was a sickly smell in his room, but he didn't pay it much mind. Pulling out his comlink, he punched in the code for Virius comlink. It took a while for the two to locate each other, but finally he got a link.

"We just finished up, need anything down your way?"

"Not really," came the crackled reply. "We just made the grab and are on our way back."

"Well, just letting you know, we're here if you need us." Virius gave his assent and Arnaut keyed off his Comlink.

Arnaut sat up on his cot and rubbed his nose. The smell was really starting to bother him. It seemed to be coming from the air duct, up on the wall in his room.  Pushing over one of his more sturdy chairs, Arnaut clambered up and took a look inside the dark, metal interior. Nothing seemed wrong, but the smell got thicker. It smelled a bit like gasoline, now Arnaut thought about it.

He jumped down and walked out of his room to D'har's quarters, down the hallway a bit. D'har was sitting hunched over a table of datapads when Arnaut walked in, the room only illuminated by their soft, blue glow.

"Have you been noticing a strange smell around here? Sort of like...gasoline?" Arnaut asked, taking a seat on the ede of the desk.

"Now that you mention it...it does sort of smell like that in here. Why?"

"Just doesn't feel right. You have the plans for this building, don't you?" D'har nodded and pulled out two grimy datapads they'd found on a shelf in one of the warehouse's rooms. The other datapads with it had been useless, just carrying long outdated shipping charts and schedules, but they'd made some use of the building schematics. Like setting up Virius' mini-comm station, or distributing rooms. And, now, finding where air  led.

Gently, because gently was the only way you could do anything with the datapads without breaking them, Arnaut tapped in the keys to bring up the ductwork for the building. A few agonizing reboots of the malfunctioning datapad, and he had located where the air duct system connected to his room, and where it came from. What he saw alarmed him immensely.

"D'har grab you're gun. I think we may have trouble."

(OOC: Not my finest post, nor my longest, but it leads into a new part of the story. You'll see...oh yes, you'll all see. *insert manical laughter here* Anyway, everyone should be done with our mini-objectives so...regroup at our warehouse base when you can. Have fun!)

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 6, 2007 5:12:06 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2986
July 9, 2007 1:55:16 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes could see the cloud of smoke from several blocks away. Some of the younger troopers were anxious to run and check it out, luckily Virius, being the strong silent type, stopped them. Instead they split up into groups and circled around, each coming at the temporary Wraith HQ from a different angle. Snipes had elected to come out the side of a building adjacent to it, and what he saw before him made him quickly duck back in.

The enormous building was aflame, giving a great light to the darkening sky. Away from the building in one of the streets running by it was a group of people, two on their knees, obviously prisoners, the rest were a mixture of tall and short bipedal beings, from the look of it moochers and a few more humanoid. Being outlined against the fire, it was hard for Snipes to make out features, but he could tell one of the captors was Iridonian.

Snipes sat back on his heels, staring out the doorway, trying to think of a strategy, he pulled out his comlink and set to Virius' particular frequency.

"Yo, you see what I'm seeing?"

"If you mean our base is on fire, then yes, if you mean the group of beings in front, I don't know, can't make them out, the one that seems to be moving around, talking looks iridonian, you think . . .?"

"I dunno, lets not hop to conclusions, you get a hold of everyone else, don't let the idiots go running in. . ."

Snipes way cut off by a screamed "NNNOOOOOO" He stuck is head out the doorway, and could see Yoder running across the street to the group. Idiot. It was only a few seconds before blaster bolts came flying his way. Snipes clenched his eyes shut in frustration.

"Lets go, we need to save his arse."

Snipes then sprung off of his haunches, pulling his walking stick out of his belt, he slammed the end on the ground, then spun it around, to hold it like a sword. With his other hand he grabbed the small knife from his belt, he rushed on them, they were still distracted by Yoder, who had run behind a building by this time. As Snipes drew closer he could feel the fires heat and hear little but the crackling of it. And then, one noticed him. Snipes sprang on top of that one, crushing the small moocher with the weight of his body, to his left he let fly the knife, not even watching as it flew into one of the humanoids, he instead sprang to his right, engaging a moocher with his walking-stick-turned-stun-baton. Blaster bolts began to fly around him as the other members of Wraiths joined the fray, as well as others changing into the group and engaging them hand to hand.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  524
July 11, 2007 4:50:12 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin quickly ducked under the first stream of blaster bolts fired towards him, and sent his shoulder charging into the man in front of him. He's ripped his electrostaff from its leg pouch and swung it hard into the next mans face, before he even ahd time to raise his gun. A quick blow to the grounded mans torso sent the eelctricity spurting through him, killing him instantly.

Kanderin brought the staff up just in time to stop Snipes' stick creating a huge dent in his forehead.

"Sory about that buddy, didn't see you there" Snipes smiled. Kanderin grinned back, before spinning the staff into yet another mans face.

One man stood seperate from the rest, seemingly stood watching. Kanderin smirked and moved towards him. The man didn't flinch, he simply waited for Kanderin's arrival. His attack however, completely caught Kanderin off guard. He moved at lightning pace, sending his fist straight into Kanderin's gut. He immediately dropped to his feet, severely winded. The man kicked Kanderin in the side of the head hard, sending him flailing painfully across the surface.

Eventually, Kanderin got back up. He spat the blood from his mouth and retreived his staff from the ground, before charging again at the man. The punch came again, but this time Kanderin saw it and spun around, only to be met by the mans knee cracking straight up into his ribs. He fell to the floor again, but this time not far away enough. The man still towered over him, what now appeared to be a blaster in one of his hands. He smirked, the last smirk that Kanderin would ever see.

The next few seconds were probbaly the fastest occuring period of time Kanderin had ever experienced. No less than milliseconds after the blaster bolts cut into the mans hip, Kanderin had stabbed the staff up into the mans chest, sending him flailing away in a  hail of sparks. He crashed agaisnt one of the nearby buildings, and just collapsed like a puppet.

Kanderin didn't move for a while. He sat on the floor regaining his lost breath, trying to work out what had just happened. A mans hand appeared hovering over Kanderin, as soon as he took it he was pulled back to his feet. A man stood in front of him, smiling.

"You alright sir?"

"Urrm yes, thankyou. And you are sorry?" Kanderin replied dumbfoundly.

"Private First Class Dixon Morgan, I just arrived on planet a few hours ago"

Kanderin sighed. "Even the new guy has to save my ass"
-=Wraith Squad=-

[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited July 11, 2007 4:51:46 AM)]
Dixon Morgan
ComNet n00b

Dixon Morgan

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  54
July 11, 2007 6:42:28 PM    View the profile of Dixon Morgan 
Dixon watched the fire from the shadows of an adjacent building close by the warehouse which used to serve as the Wraith's headquaters. 

Well, at least they know how to welcome a guy, he thought with a smirk, A bonfire and maybe even a cold beer.

Just then, a horrendous cry came from a side alleyway next to now fireball of a building, "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  The group that had appeared before the fire began to send blaster bolts down the alley with the weapons they carried. 

What the.....Is that.....No, it can't be.....they wouldn't be that stupid.

As the drama unfolded in front of Dixon, he gradually made his way forward out of the shadows to allow himself a better angle to see the fighting. 

Oh yea, that's them.

Dixon took off running toward the group of men firing upon his new squadmates.  By the time he gained within 20 meters of them, however, most had been already taken out by two of the charging squad members.  As they both stopped to take in the damage they had just caused to their enemies, one of them, a lance corporal, began to notice the last man standing.  With as a half smile crossed his lips the lance corporal began to move toward the man. 

The next thing Dixon knew was that the lance corporal was knocked on his ass.  He hadn't seen the fist headed toward his face fast enough.  Neither had Dixon.  For a few seconds the corporal laid there on the ground.

Come on man, get up!, was all that Dixon could think.

Finally the corporal rose to his feet and advanced again on the man.  Not being the fool and falling for the same trick twice, this time when the man struck out with his fist the lance corporal spun neatly out of the way.  However, upon doing so, he was caught by the man's knee straight into his ribs. 

That's it. You're done buddy, Dixon thought to himself as he raised his blaster rifle. 

He quickly fired off a shot, splitting the man's hip open  just as the corporal swung upward with his staff causing the man to fly backwards.  With the man's lifeless body sprawled against a nearby building, Dixon ran to check on his new squadmate's wounds. 

Noticing that the corporal wasn't as bad off as he had thought, Dixon reached a hand down and pulled the wounded solider to his feet.

"You alright sir?" Dixon said without being about to not smile at the dumbfounded face of the lance corporal.

"Urrm yes, thank you.  And you are sorry?"

"Private First Class Dixon Morgan, I just arrived on the planet a few hours ago."

The lance corporal just mumbled something under his breath.

A boom of laughter came from behind them as the second man to defeat the group watched the whole site.

"Well my new friend, you almost made lance corporal today if you hadn't saved his ass just now.  I'm Matthias Battlmont.  But you're to call me Snipe,"stated a tall gunnery sergeant, "And this guy you can call Kanderin.  Hey now, what do you think you're doing?"

Being addressed by a gunnery sergeant had caused Dixon to come to attention without even knowing it.

"Standing at attention sir."

"No no, none of that out here.  In fact, none of that creep anymore.  Whatever they told you to do in the academy, forget it, got that?"

"Uh....yes sir," Dixon replied a bit confused.

Guess I have a bit more "training" to do.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
TRP/PFC Dixon/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

"It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time"
[This message has been edited by Dixon Morgan (edited July 11, 2007 6:45:26 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dixon Morgan (edited July 11, 2007 6:48:40 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  447
July 11, 2007 8:02:51 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut pushed himself up and rolled out of the rubble. Blood was trickling from his nose and mouth, and his left hand felt numb. And he couldn't feel his left leg. For a terrible second, he imagined that it'd been blown off in the explosion, but a look down assuaged his fears. There was an explosion? He remembered going outside with D'har. He remembered the gasoline smell getting larger...there was a face, very fuzzy, but dimly familiar, and then...everything exploded and the world went black.

There was a groan next to him, and he looked over to see D'har covered in dust and grit, lying on the ground. He was unconscious, probably due to the large chunk of rock lying next to his head. D'har would have a massive headache we he woke up, Arnaut reckoned.

"Sarge! Arnaut! Where are you?" The screams could barely be made out, stifled due to the two giant factory walls that had collapsed over Arnaut's head. Arnaut looked at them numbly, surveying his surroundings for the first time. The only light came from small shafts, poking down from the darkness above. And the walls looked thick. Too thick to try to dig through on his own.

"Crap," Arnaut muttered.

Flem picked his way through the remains of their old factory hideout. The men they'd stumbled upon when they got to the factory had been dispatched, and their bodies lined up. He'd grown bored waiting for the fire to burn down, and now he actually had something to do. Even if it was pointless. From what he could tell, not much of the building had survived. There were two walls collapsed in on themselves on the northern side, and one remaining wall standing on the south, but, apart from those, the building had been leveled. There was a small chance that their squad leader and D'har had lived, or their bodies were even intact.

If they were alive, though, the best bet was that they were in the basement somewhere. Even then, they would've probably burned, like everything else in the factory. Speaking of which, there were still places that were on fire, and lots of smoke. Flem stepped around a small flaming bundle of cloth and coughed into his hand, absently wondering if that had been Arnaut. He coughed again, and gritted his teeth. He was all too aware of the irony of his name and the situation. It just made him more bitter than he already was.

He wasn't bitter for any particular reason right now, besides the usual. In fact, he was bitter almost all the time. And he knew this. And that made him even more bitter. It was a vicious cycle. Of late, he'd been bitter at the squad most of all. In fact, he half-hoped that the squad leader had burned in the fire, and only half because Arnaut was the only one that could get them out of this suicide mission. Flem hated Wraith squad. They were too&puffed up, arrogant, strutting around, annoyingly displaying their special operations status wherever they went. In his eyes, at least. It sickened him to the core that he was actually a part of the squad now.

He coughed again, and continued poking through the rubble. Suddenly there was a faint voice that could be heard. It was yelling, Flem realized.  It must've been very far away to be that faint, either that or...it was coming from underground. Flem started to rush toward the sound of the voice. There was a survivor, at least one. Whatever he thought of the squad, he had a duty to the Corps to uphold. And he wanted to just go home already.

The two walls on the north end had fallen together, the weight of them holding eachother up to form a triangular shape of sorts. Flem peered down into one of the holes he found, but all he could see was blackness. The walls must've been covering one of the basements. And that's where either Arnaut, D'har, or both had to be.

Something moved in the darkness, and Flem called down to it.

"Hello! Is that you, Flem?" Arnaut yelled excitedly.

"Yeah. Hold on, we'll get you out." Turning around, he yelled to the rest of the squad, "I've found them! Get over here and we can drag them out!"

Flem muttered bitterly under his breath the whole time as they dug out Arnaut and D'har. Their time would come, but for now&he had a duty to the Corps.

Arnaut kicked the corpse over, so it's face was easy to see. Three, he thought to himself, taking in the man's features. Three men that he could recognize as having seen back at the resistance group headquarters. It unnevered him. They must've followed them the first night to find out where they were staying. And then promptly blew the place up when they were sure they could kill the squad leader. Kill me, he thought. If their faces had unnerved him, that chilled him to the bone.

They must've thought that killing the head of the squad would make the body die too, explaining the reason why they detonated the building with only Arnaut and D'har inside, instead of the whole squad. To put it bluntly, he couldn't see any reason why anyone would want to kill D'har especially, so the target had to be him. Of course, being a spec ops squad, it could run without it's squad leader, but it would've hurt the squad a great deal. And the loss of their base of operations already did enough damage, without losing the squad leader and one of the squad members.

Still, even if Arnaut knew why they had wanted to kill him, he still didn't know why they'd tried to kill him. The resistance was supposed to be on their side! And why'd they not just killed them at their base? They had been outgunned there, many times over. Too many questions that had to be answered, mysteries to solve. And on top of those, they still had to capture the Governor.

"Alright squad, salvage what you can, and then get ready to move out," Arnaut commanded. "It's time to pay the resistance another visit. And quietly this time."
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  526
July 12, 2007 8:51:41 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
OOC:
Hope you don't mind me doing this Arn

"I don't know why we don't just barge in there and kill every last one of them" Snipes fumed, rapidly throwing his supplies over him.

"For once I agree Snipes" Kanderin called back over, throwing his weapons into their pouches without about the same amount of anger. "That guy should of killed me why had the chance. All he's managed to achieve now is giving me a major blood lust"

Every other member of the squad had decided to stand back and watch Kanderin and Snipes slowly tear the place apart. No one was brave enough to try and rush them, or indeed even make themselves visible.

They simply stood there for what felt like an age, until Kanderin appeared in front of them, looking suitably peeved. He moved a hand up to his face and moved his hair away from his face. Once his features were visible again, the anger had disappeared. A certain calmness took over as he smiled at all the faces in front of him.

"Right then. Shall we go?" He said casually, gently pushing his way through the bemused group. Snipes followed through the gap a few seconds later, only far more aggressively and still visibly angry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mind If I sit here?"

Kanderin glanced down from the sky towards Arnaut. He nodded compliance and Arnaut took a seat on the wall alongside of him. He didn't speak for a while, obviously waiting for the usually loudmouth Kanderin to say something. He didn't though. He sat staring at the sky, as if waiting for something to crash into him.

"Missing Fraot?" Arnaut finally asked.

Kanderin looked down from the sky, instead towards the ground. He didn't answer the question, and Arnaut was led to believe the stroking of his hair away from his face was more a 'let's not go there' reply rather than something that was necessary.

"Anyway Kand. Me and you have shared the same experience here, my first mission was also yours. With the exception of Snipes, that would make us the longest serving Wraith's here"

"Your point is?" Kanderin still wasn't looking at him

"The point is, I'm looking for an ASL still. Feel up for it?"

He finally looked up at Arnaut, who was grinning. He considered it for a few minutes, still not speaking. Being an ASL was a tough job, made all the more tougher by the fact this was Wraith Squad. That didn't mean he was going to let the chance slip his grasp though.

"Thankyou, sir" Kanderin smiled, shaking Arnauts outstretched hand.

"Well then, you better get yourself to the rest of the squad, give them the good news. And no more of the soppy stuff, Snipes will eat you alive if he finds out one of his leader's has a soft spot"

Kanderin laughed and walked towards the corner on which the squad were currently standing. It was a nervous moment, the people that had been his squadmates for so long, were about to become his soldiers.
-=Wraith Squad=-

[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited July 12, 2007 9:02:20 AM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  448
July 14, 2007 12:24:33 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The squad kept to the shadows, slinking their way through the streets. Arnaut led, followed closely by Kanderin and the rest of the squad. They weren't the only ones moving in the gloom. Distant shapes could be made out, slinking as they were, keeping out of the dim nighttime light. A guttural, inhuman cry echoed from somewhere out in the darkness. A few of the troopers jumped at the noise, but that was it. They'd heard worse. Most of them. Flem had a ghastly look on his face, and Drane's eyes were wide. Dixon, the new private, didn't seem to mind as much, though. Good. Cool-headedness was one thing that made a good special operations soldier.

The darkness deepened as the dead of night set in. Odder, more grotesque shapes seemed to loom out at every shadow, hide in every corner, every crevice. Gleaming eyes peered out at them, greedy, hungry eyes. And not only human eyes. Feline eyes, golden and feral. Insectoid eyes, fractals catching the light at angles. And eyes that didn't belong to any particular race or species. Arnaut's skin was crawling, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood never endingly on-end.

A dark building they passed had the smell of smoke about it. Inside, hazy, sloppy laughter could be heard of a dozen or more men who were on something not entirely legal. Many people living here, and there were many despite the unsavory conditions, resorted to drugs to free their worries. Seventy-five percent of the city's drug trafficking and dealing was done in the one square mile area that surrounded them.

Twice, gang groups almost tried to jump them. They had to shoot three people on the way, because they were either so doped up, or so full of themselves that they thought they could take on ten heavily muscled, armed men. It saddened Arnaut a little. The city was rotting from the inside out, due to a poor government and poor control. They couldn't even keep their own planetary capital clean. This was the glorious Rebellion for you. A thin curtain hiding a poor regime that was losing control of it's planets, one city block at a time.

Slowly, the shapes began to diminish, the eyes less frequent, the shuffles and howls more distant. They were entering another part of the city. It was the deepest, most dead part.  Nothing lived here. The gangs wouldn't waste time on such an unprofitable chunk of land, the footpads and cutpurses had no one to rob from. His boot crunched, and he looked down. It was a rat skeleton, it's white bones unnaturally light in the darkness around them. Now that he looked around, he realized there were quite a few. Even rats couldn't live here. With no one throwing out waste, they had nothing to scavenge. They died or moved on. Arnaut moved the squad forward, into the darkness ahead. He wasn't about to die.

Finally, near one o'clock in the morning, planetary time, they arrived at their destination. His datapad beeped once to let them know they were close, and Arnaut turned it off. Quietly they approached the building. It was dark, unsurprising given the time. There were no guards out that the squad could see, but they weren't taking any chances. Quietly they fanned out a crept toward the building. Two well placed EMP charges took out the motion detectors and laser trip lines outside. Slowly, the squeezed their way up next to the building.

Two handheld explosives, plastek explosives, along with a very handy sound dampener, blew off the grate covering their entranceway into the building. One by one they slithered into the hatch, gear occasionally clicking as it tapped the permacrete sides of the entrance, or hit each other. But, apart from that, they were silent. It was executed with perfection. The way the squad should operate. Arnaut couldn't have asked for more.

The building they were into hadn't used to be a factory, like the squad's burned hidout had been. No, it had been an community housing complex, a cheap housing unit for the families of workers that toiled in the surrounding factories. It, like the factories, was deserted now. Or so it should've been. There was a thump, a foot coming down hard on the floorboard above their heads. The basement they were in, what was once the storage area and janitor 'headquarters' for the building, led right under the rooms now occupied by the resistance forces. Just a man relieving himself in the middle of the night, Arnaut thought to himself as he led the squad on. Oh what the man would think,  to know that death was passing right underneath him at that moment.

Finally they arrived at the exact point. Virius had taken time to upload the standard layout of all the housing complexes onto everyone's datapads. At that moment, they were standing under the largest suite in the building. While most of the rooms were small and tightly packed so as to fit in as many workers as possible, this suite was reserved for people of importance who stayed there. Usually a foreman, or another person with a  command "rank" among the factory workers. Now, all it held was one very grumpy, socially disinclined woman. One who happened to be running the resistance cell here. And the one who had most certainly tried to kill them. Time to find out why.

Arnaut's armored gauntlet jammed the vibroblade through the wood flooring and out the other side. With a sharp twist, he made a hole large enough to stick a hand and an arm through. Lunging off the crate he'd been standing on, he crashed through the floor and came out onto the floor of a darkened bedroom.

Someone gasped, and a light clicked on. And then the screaming began. Arnaut was by the beside in a second, and already the squad was making their way into the room. Arnaut forced his hand over the mouth of the shrieking, muscular Zabrak lying on her bed. She was covering in only a small bed dress and her thin sheets. But Arnaut wasn't here to admire. As the screams became muted, Arnaut pressed the barrel of his rifle to her head and leaned in close with his black-helmeted, visored face.

"We're going to have a little talk."

OOC:
Well, I'll get a follow-up post soon. But don't let that stop you from posting! Any posts are welcome, even if they are a half-page filler post. But keep it quality people. QUALITY.
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 14, 2007 12:05:09 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 14, 2007 12:13:29 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 14, 2007 12:13:57 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 14, 2007 12:16:56 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:04:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 139  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >