Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  533
Total Posts:  814
  RE: Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV
August 16, 2007 9:26:19 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny watched the whole interrogation, impressed with the way Kanderin forced the information out of the idiotic traitor, with bruises He now turned to the Big Guy, stirring slowly and rapidly raising to attack Kanderin, when he took out his electrostaff and held it inches against the Big Guy's neck, as he said, in a sly manner:

"Next time you try to sneak up on me, make sure that the person in check is having his full attention on someone else. Now that I've once again disabled you from attacking me, why don't you start by telling us where's the guy sent to tell Shelov about my squad's kidnapping of him?"

The man swore under his breath as Jenny stared at his greedy, dangerous eyes, now flaring like fire, although Kanderin must have saw that, for he slammed him in the neck with the eletrostaff, chocked the breath out of him, and knocked him on his knees.

"Next one will be in your head, and it won't be so light on your egg-sized brain as this one did. Now are you gonna tell me about him or do I have to smash a large hole in that temple of yours?"

"Alright, damn it, you already prove your point." Big Guy groaned before he confessed to Kanderin, sounding as if every word was poison: "It's a gal, her name's Shash Skyrus, the other female resistance fighter in our team, she's passed where you can touch her, gentlemen." he chuckled as he turned to Kellena slowly, adding in a pitful voice: "I'm sorry, Kellena, if I made you to be a low-time whore."

Dixon looked mad as he smashed Big Guy into the ground with a blow at his head, which let Big Guy never be able to stand again.

"Well, looks like I'm not the only one who isn't myself today, because I don't think that punch came from you, Dixon." Kanderin commented, impressed as Dixon shrugged it off and remarked, happy with what he did, smiling at Kellena, who smiled back:

"Whoever it was, it sure helped me take care of a dirty-minded bastard."

"Good, then, we'll need to kill the other two as well, to make sure they don't escape to tell Shelov too. Jenny, Kellena, you two can do the honors."

Jenny obeyed happily as she turned to the now waken and frightened guy she knocked out, who had probably seen the killing and forced himself not to scream. In one swift movement, she shrugged off her rucksack, ran up to him while unsheathing her vibrobayonet, using it to cut off his hands, which were trying to shield the head from attack, and cut off his head, which flew and found its way to the last frightened betrayer, who had a blaster shot mark in his forehead, lied dead on the pavement.

"Wow, I'm really impressed, Jenny. How---" Kanderin was about to ask, when Jenny cut him off and explained, securing her rucksack once again on her left shoulder and wearing a thanking look in her eyes:

"I was trained by my parents in the skills of melee weapons, which is my best feat, close combat. I although must confess I was more impressed with your simple interrogation manuever of bluffing."

"All in a day's work." Kanderin responded clearly, smilling at her. I have waited for that smile for a while, it seems Kanderin is out of his foul mood Jenny noted, now knowing that the man she sees before her is himself and no one else.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  581
Total Posts:  1849
August 16, 2007 2:21:30 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Errm, Hi?" Kanderin waved towards Jennabelle, who suddenly snapped out of her trance and looked at him again.

He laughed briefly before reaching for his comlink and punching some details in. Arnaut's vocie could be heard for quite a distance.

"Make this quick Kand, I'm kind of vulnerable here"

"Will do" Kanderin replied "We're done with our task, well almost. One person is left, a woman by the name of Shash Skyrus. We were screwed over by some resistance members and she might of slipped through to Shelov. We're on our way to reinforce you if we're needed, just be careful"

"Likewise Kand. Thanks for the head's up"

Kanderin went to reply again, but the line was cut dead.

"Charming" Kanderin muttered, flashing a grin towards the other's before getting back to his feet.

"So where now?" Dixon asked, watching Kanderin pack away his comlink and electrostaff.

"I'm not quite sure. But I'm guessing those huge parade balloons floating over the rooftops might be a start?"

"Fair point" Dixon shrugged

"Ok guys, our squad leader might need us to save his ass. Again...So, lets make a move. Find a place to put those bodies and follow me. Might take a little longer for some people..." Kanderin called over his shoulder, grimly eyeing the decapitated body in front of him which was slowly turning the entire street a dark red.

OOC:
Ok, that brings an end to the fire teams side of the story plotwise. So in english, that means I dont want anyone twisting our path too far out of hand. Feel free to post about our journey, but dont meet up with Arnauts group. He might have a plan that I dont want to screw up. Good job gentlemen (And women, I think. The whole man/woman thing of your character Jennabelle really screws me up
Corporal Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

ASL/CPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  586
Total Posts:  1849
August 17, 2007 12:43:22 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
No one spoke on their way towards the cente of the city. The entire place was deserted, it looked as if no one had lived in this area of town for years. Leaflet's littered most of the walkways, turning the boring grey streets into a blaze of bright, almost sickening, colours.

Kanderin glanced down towards one of the less grimy ones. They detailed the parade information, and a huge picture of Shelov in an intimidating pose towered over the wording. Kanderin couldn't help smiling to himself imagining that smug grin being wiped off his face.

The next corner they turned was like stepping into another world. Dixon was still admiring the leaflets on the ground when a man about the same weight and height of him barged into him, sending him crashing to the ground. The man didn't even stop to look down, instead only staggering slightly then continuining on his mad run down the road. Kanderin and Jennabelle had to side step two more people in the same condition.

"Well, somethings happened" Jennabelle said, glancing over the road to where another handful were running.

Kanderin mumbled his agreement, before crouching down to help Dixon back to his feet.

They carried on their way, although their progress was made slower and slower as the constant stream of panicked onlookers grew. No one even seemed to realise, that of the hundreds of people running away from the parade, there was four people making their way towards it.

SO many people were running past them now, Kanderin had to push forward with his shoulders to stop himself being knocked down. People bounced off him like ping-pong balls, crashing into the people to their sides like a line of dominos. EVentually the chain reaction would end and a few people would fall into the road. Kanderin giggled slightly everytime this happened. For once, he was actually enjoying himself.

That was until they reached the road-block. A line of police were stood against a barricade of yellow tape and make-shift barriers. Not that there presence was really needed, everyone was going in the opposite direction. It was such a mob reaction that one of the police officer's spilt his drink down him, when he realsie there was four people walking towards him. He put out his arms, blocking their path.

"Sorry, this area is closed off. Your going to have to go around"

"What? What happened here?" Kanderin replied, putting on his best bewildered expression.

"It's been all over the tv sir, how can you of not seen? There was an attack against the parade, all hell broke loose. We think they were after Shelov"

"Did they kill him?"

The officer shook his head.
"We dont know, he's nowhere to be found"

"Are you sure there's no way through?" Kanderin carried on, catching glimpse of one building in particular behind the officer, which looked half demolished.

"Sorry sir, your going to have to go around"

Kanderin nodded and turned off back down the street, signalling for the others to follow him. The officer watched them battle their way back through the crowd, before they eventually turned a corner and broke free.

"-so if Shelov is missing, I think thats a good reason to beleive the plan worked" Kanderin explained. "And if thats the case, I think I know where I'll find everyone"

The other's simply nodded and followed Kanderin. They had to move quite quickly to keep up with him, as he excitedly ducked in and out of alleyways. Jennabelle and Dixon exchanged nervous looks, unsure whether their fire team captain had again lost his mind.

Soon enough through, more people could be seen down the other end of the next street. Kanderin noticed them and began to make a b-line towards them. DIxon however grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back.

"Kanderin! Those are Shelov's men! Dont you see the uniforms?"

"No, they're just Shelov's uniforms. Thats Tnepres and someone else I cant quite recognise. Looks like Arn is hurt as well" Kanderin trailed on, before pulling loose of the grip and carrying on back down the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnaut glanced up at his squad. TNepres and Snipes were seated either side of a huge parade cart, on top of which lay the unconscious Shelov. The car was far less spectacular now, ripped loose of all its decorations and colours. It just looked like a huge metal...parade car.

He heard someone call him from across the street and got to his feet, carefully and holding his back. He could just begin to distinguish the lean outline of Kanderin, running towards him followed by three other people. As they got closer he identified two of them as Dixon morgan and Jennabelle. The fourth howeevr, he had never seen in his life.

A few seconds later, Kanderin appeared right in front of him. Panting slightly, he still managed to form a slight grin.

"Mission accomplished sir" He grinned

OOC:
And thus ends my side of Phase one
Corporal Kanderin Draken/ Petty Officer Second Class Skar Darkanto
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

ASL/CPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  515
Total Posts:  903
August 17, 2007 5:10:28 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
OOC:
Here. It. Is. The end. The end of the end. Or...the end of the beginning of 8.5. I didn't get much chance to clean some bits up, so bear with the errors until I get back. It's kind of long, more so than my norm. So...enjoy!

Arnaut waited. And waited. And then waited some more. And then shoved down a man who tried to block his vision of the road. That one got some venomous glares from the crowd around him, but he didn’t care. He waited even more. The parade seemed to drag on forever. And it wasn’t even fun. The music blared incredibly loud, rendering Arnaut near-deaf. The neon lights flashed, twirled, spun, flew, danced, and did all sorts of things lights weren’t supposed to do, making Arnaut’s head hurt. Those were the things that the recordings didn’t show too well.

He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, his feet getting pretty tired by this point. He’d been standing for…longer than he would’ve liked. Float after float passed by, a blaringly loud, confusing jumble of audio and visual hell. The people next to him seemed to like it no more than he did, but they, at least, were used to been blinded and deafened each year. It was a law to attend these events, so no one but the sick and elderly got to miss it. Lucky them.

“You still there? The men are getting anxious,” Jan’re piped over the comlink. Arnaut welcomed the distraction. The voice in his ear almost made him forget about the music.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m still here. This music is getting me antsy too. So frigging loud. Anyway, what’s happening over there?”

“Nothing, like I said. The boys are getting anxious. I’m afraid they might want to jump the gun,” came the reply.

“Yeah, keep them in line. The last thing we need is for the riot to start too soon.”

Other than that brief respite, Arnaut waited in peace. Or as much peace as the parade would allow. A riot disrupting the train of floats might actually be welcome, if they kept up with the music and lights.

Another person bumped into him, and he turned to see him scurry back into the crowds. He had the same anxious look he'd seen on those other two guys, quite a few hours ago. Arnaut didn’t know what was going on; for some reason those people kept popping up in his idle thoughts. Whatever it was, it had them jumpy and running all over the place. If they’re planning something… The problem that Arnaut had dreaded more than most was that another party would try and go for Shelov. Whether to capture him or kill him, that provided a major roadblock to their plan. This late, they probably wouldn’t welcome too kindly strangers who wanted in on their plan. So if they were planning on disrupting the parade, then Arnaut had to deal with it. Before Shelov got there. Arnaut started to worm his way through the crowds, after the man he’d seen.

It was easy to find him; he was the only one facing away from the parade streets. His short, cropped black hair stood above everyone else’s do to the man’s size. He wasn’t very wide or strong looking, just extremely tall. Arnaut pushed and shoved his way after him, slowly gaining on him. Arnaut wasn’t too short either, but he knew his way through a crowd. He had almost gotten to the man, when there was s sudden roar from the crowd. Arnaut turned, just in time to see Shelov’s parade float making its way down the hill at the end of the street. The crowds went wild. If they hated everything else about the parade, at least they showed a bit of enthusiasm for their Planetary Governor. Shelov stood tall, waving as he went. He was massive, towering over Snipes and Tnepres, who were standing at his side. At least Arnaut hoped they were still Snipes and Tnepres. He couldn’t make out the faces from such a distance.

Arnaut turned around, and soon realized he could no longer see his quarry. Off to the right there was connecting small alleyway, empty of spectators, but filled with trash. To the left there was a small trinkets shop. Arnaut went left.  The view from the top of the building would be better for anyone planning something than the small dead-end alleyway. The sign on the door said it was closed, but Arnaut went in anyway. The door was unlocked.

Once inside, Arnaut breathed in the musty, dust-filled air and coughed slightly. There was a creaking of the floorboards from upstairs. Arnaut made his way to the back, jumped over the back counter, and quietly made his way up the stairs.

The attic area was dusty too, even more so, and Arnaut had to keep from sneezing. Peeking around the wall at the end of the stairs, he confirmed his fears. Four or so men, dressed in light fitting field military jackets, were sorting through a crate of rifles and distributing them amongst themselves. One of them was the tall man he’d seen. Each was armed to the teeth with grenades, pistols, knives, a rifle, and much more. It looked like they were going to war. In the corner of the room, inspected by a fifth member Arnaut hadn’t seen at first, was the worst thing of all. A salvaged PLX-1 portable missile launcher. It looked as if it hadn’t been used since the Clone Wars. But from the way the man was inspecting it, Arnaut could tell it was very, very operational.

One of them went over to the window, looked out, and then hurried back, obviously very excited. He whispered something to the other men, and they all went over to the windows to look out. The fifth man brought over the missile launcher and rested it on the windowsill and his shoulder, aiming out. Arnaut knew what they were going to do, and he had to stop it. Now or never. Arnaut broke from cover.

“Stop! Now! Do not fire that weapon!” Arnaut commanded, bringing his rifle to train on the men. The four with the rifles whipped around in the surprise. The fifth, half turned his head, jerking his finger back. The launcher fired.

Outside, the missile streaked across the sky, thrown slightly off its trajectory by Arnaut’s distraction. Coming within feet of Shelov’s float, it flew into the store next to it and exploded. Chaos ensued.

Inside the trinkets shop, the man cursed, thew down the empty launcher tube, and started to reload. The others came for Arnaut. He didn’t want to kill, them, so Arnaut resorted to trying to knock them out of action. Jumping sideways for the cover of the weapons crate, he put a round neatly through the first man’s knee. The force blew the man against the wall, and then onto the ground, his knee blood tatters. They opened ire, peppering the metal crate with rounds. It held it off fairly well, and when they went to reload, Arnaut popped out again and blasted away. The spray took out another two, catching them both in the gut, and sending them toppling over spitting out blood.

The second dropped his rifle and lunged at Arnaut. Two knives were already in Arnaut’s hands, and he went for the man’s neck. But the man had surprises too. With a near silent click, the blades he had hidden in his gauntlets locked into place. Six inches of steel connected with each of Arnaut’s blades. Their eyes locked, and for a second he wavered. Then it was back to fighting. He was a good knife handler, Arnaut could give him that, but Arnaut had practiced more. One of his blades found a sheath in the man’s right thigh, and left a large gash going down the man’s left shoulder. Finally, Arnaut broke through his defenses and punched him in the throat. He staggered back, reeling from the blow. Arnaut hit him over the head with the lid to the crate. He fell unconscious.

Looking around, he saw there was no one left conscious, the others having passed out from blood loss, except for the man with the launcher. He stared at Arnaut, eyes wide, mouth agape. The second launcher tube was forgotten in his hand. Arnaut walked over, knocked the missile launcher off of the windowsill, and unloaded half a clip into it.

“You won’t be needing that. Clean your men up, tend to their wounds, and get out of here before the police come to take you away. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a governor to kidnap.”

He walked toward the stairs, had a thought, and went back. Removing the gauntlets from the knife-man, he slipped them on. They fit perfectly. He was sure he would be using them a lot. With that, he slipped out of the building and into the chaos below.

Arnaut was surprised to find that only less than a minute had passed since the launcher had been shot. It felt like hours. Shelov’s float was still speeding down the street, barely visible above the heads of the crowds, and the crowds were still running amok, not knowing what was happening or where to go.

“Arnaut! Arnaut, what happened!? What do we do now? Where are you? Arnaut!” The call came in frantically as Jan’re yelled into his comlink.

“Things took a bad turn! I have a new job for you. Get your men together, get them ready, and then make sure no guards in the area get in the way of that float!”

“Y-yes sire!” he responded shakily. He was frightened, as Arnaut would’ve been in his shoes. Unlike Arnaut, he wasn’t leaving the planet or the city, away from the police. They could hunt him down for the murders of the murders of the parade guards. That’s if the Government actually cared to investigate those murders before getting back Shelov. No, if all worked out, Jan’re and the resistance fighters would be fine.

If only everything worked out. The float was more visible now, speeding even more as it blew through the crowds. The people parted around it, giving it a sort of ‘bubble’ of space.  Arnaut could see now that Tnepres was driving it. The driver had been taken out by a lucky piece of shrapnel.

With a turn that almost flipped it over, the float careened into the street Arnaut was standing in. Arnaut dove out of the way, avoiding getting hit. Others weren’t so lucky and were thrown through the air on both sides. The panicked crowds didn’t even stop for them.

The crowds should’ve been a bit more calmed down by then, Arnaut though hesitantly. But they weren’t. They were still running around. And that’s when Arnaut heard the gunshots. Arnaut glimpsed through the crowd one, no two, three, four…more than he could count. Men dressed in dark colors, faces masked, holding rifles into the air and firing. It was from them that the crowds were running. Another group who doesn’t like the government, Arnaut thought. Terrorist group, it looked like from Arnaut’s view. It made sense that the Resistance wasn’t the only ones rebelling against the government. They had chosen just this time and this date to strike at the governor. Arnaut cursed their luck and ran off down the street after the speeding parade float.

The float had missed the alleyway where it was supposed to turn. Virius, Spartan, and the resistance fighters he had met up with weren’t there waiting for the float in the street it did turn into. Tnepres and Snipes had no backup to take down Shelov. Arnaut needed to correct that. He opened the comlink channel to Virius.

“Virius, where are you? The plan is going awry pretty quickly!”

“We’re speeding through the alley. We saw the float turn down your street, and we think we can head it off in…two blocks or so. One of the fighters had a speeder. We’re making good time.”

“Good. I’ll see if I can catch up.”

Arnaut ran over to the nearest landspeeder he could see. He jumped in next to a small, frightened old man. He looked at Arnaut and began to quiver.

“I need the speeder. I’ll return it to you when I’m done.” The man was so frightened, he practically fell out of the car and ran off into the crowds.

“If I can ever find you again,” Arnaut muttered under his breath, turned the ignition and speeding off after the runaway float.

As Arnaut moved on, he could tell the whole city was disrupted now. Armed men ran through the streets firing at anything that moved, landspeeders and people alike. One popped in front of Arnaut, gun aimed at the speeder. Arnaut ran him down, the speeder only jerking slightly as it cast the man’s limp form aside. The streets were less crowded away from the parade route, though, since most of the city’s populace was at the parade. He didn’t have to slow down for the crowds anymore, and instead pushed his speeder to go even faster.

Zipping by a street, he glimpsed the float flying off in that direction. Tnepres was heading for their overnight base, Arnaut realized. Stopping and spinning his speeder around, he made to fly into the road, but another speeder shot out of an alleyway on his right, and went into the street in front of him.

Virius and Spartan, Arnaut thought with a smile. He maneuvered his speeder into the street and sped off once more.

The parade float wasn’t very fast, and the two speeders caught up almost immediately. On the float, Shelov was starting to get the impression something was wrong. Quietly, he tapped a button on the side of his custom chronometer and turned toward Snipes.

“Where are we going?” His voiced boomed loudly. “Who are they?” Snipes looked won to Tnepres, nodded, and turned back toward Shelov.

“Sir, we are here to take you into custody, order of the Resistance force of Abregado-rae,” Snipes replied, already taking out the tranquilizer they were going to use to pacify Shelov.

“Treason!” Shelov bellowed. And with that, he jumped. Snipes ran to the back-end of the float just in time to see him go clear over Virius’ speeder, and straight for Arnaut.

Herglics are a massive species. Standing between six to seven feet tall, their broad bodies resembled other aquatic mammals such as the whaladons of Mon Calamari that Arnaut had seen picts of when he was younger. All one and a half tons of the Herglic named Shelov came crashing down onto Arnaut’s speeder. The weight crushed the front end and sent the speeder flying wildly out of control into a nearby shop.

Arnaut coughed out bits of dust and looked up in time to see Shelov pulling himself off the ground. Small, fractured pieces of the wall fell from him like rain. He started to growl, a nasally sound that came from the two blow holes on the top of his head, and charged Arnaut’s speeder. Arnaut pulled open the door and jumped out just as Shelov hit the speeder and sent it flying out of the building and across the road.

Arnaut went to fire, but Shelov turned with amazing agility and hit the gun aside, out of Arnaut’s hands. Arnaut had to duck to miss the next swipe, and jump to miss the third. Shelov punched out as Arnaut landed, hitting him in the chest and throwing him clear into the air.

Arnaut landed hard on his back, the wind knocked out of him. Shelov turned his attention to the first resistance fighter to step out of Virius’ speeder. Lunging at him, shoulder down, Shelov sent the man tumbling into the permacrete wall just a few feet from Arnaut. The wall cracked and the man slumped down. He was dead; no man could survive a blow like that.

Shelov gave no time for the rest of the people to exit the speeder. With a great leap, he landed next to the speeder, grabbed it, and hurled it at the parade car. The two connected and shrapnel went everywhere. Virius stepped out of the wreckage and fired his pistol at Shelov. The herglic roared in pain as they scorched his arm. He rose up to crush Virius into the ground. His blow never fell.

Standing dumbly, he lowered his arms, and stared blankly at Virius. Slowly, he lifted a hand to feel behind his neck. The tranquilizer, usually used on large game, had found its mark. Slowly, Tnepres approached Shelov, the gun in his hand. With a great sigh, Shelov collapsed to his knees, and then fell face first on the pavement, breathing slowly.

The survivors of the wreck formed a circle around him, looking down.

“We did it,” Arnaut breathed.

“We did it,” Tnepres echoed.

With an effort that required six people, Shelov was raised onto the parade float. They’d pulled off the wreckage of the speeder and stripped it of it’s neon lights and Shelov’s chair, bringing it down the basic landspeeder it was. The weight of Shelov caused the speeder to sag a little, but other than that it was fine.

“Alright Arnaut, I think we’ve played our part,” came Jan’re’s weary voice over the comlink. “The terrorists and the PDF's are fighting it out in the streets, and most of the population is holed up in their houses. Did you get Shelov?” Arnaut took another look at the giant Shelov, so peaceful as the strong chemicals of the tranquilizer seeped through his bloodstream and caused him to sleep.

“Yes we did. He’s about ten feet in front of me, actually,” Arnaut replied simply. “Do you have any idea who these terrorists are?”

“They seem familiar. There was a group like them, I remember, that was trying to be rooted out of the city’s they had agents everywhere, even in our resistance cells. They must’ve gotten a hint that Shelov was going to be kidnapped during the parade from one of our resistance fighters and decided to try and kill him before that happened. At least, that’s what I think. They do look familiar, though…” Jan’re trailed off, lost in thought.

“See if you can get any information from their dead. They almost cost us the mission, and I want to know why.”

“I’ll get right to it.”

“See that you do. We'll be in touch.”

“Mission accomplished, sir.” Kanderin said grinning. Arnaut was about to respond when the celebrations were cut short. Kanderin looked up into the sky, and his eyes widened. Tnepres yelled something and began firing, as did most of the other squad members. Some one yelled the name Shelov. And then something very large and hard hit Arnaut in the back of the head, causing him to black out. The last thing he remembered, seen from the flat of his back in the middle of the street, was a loud roaring noise and people falling from the sky.

Arnaut woke sometime later. He didn’t at first realize where he was, or even who he was. The pain in his head was immense, and his vision was blurry. A face loomed in his vision, blocking out the meager light that there was.

“Well, good to know you’re still alive,” Virius said, grinning. Dark shapes – other people – could be made out past him. Kanderin was talking with someone Arnaut didn’t recognize while the others hurried about carrying gear and crates around. None seemed the least bit hurried.

“W-what happened?” Arnaut asked stutteringly.

“Oh, about a dozen or so of Shelov’s personal guards dropped from airlift onto our position. Must’ve called them during the fight. We had to get out of there pretty quickly. One of the first grenades they dropped on us brought up some rubble, and apparently…you got hit.” Arnaut rubbed his sore head and sat up.

“I noticed,” he said through clenched teeth. Maybe sitting up wasn’t the best idea right now. His head got very light, very quickly, causing the room to spin. Virius caught him before he could fall off the table and the dizzy spell faded. Arnaut blinked away the black spots in his vision and shook his head. Squeezing his eyes shut in pain, he realized that might not have been the smartest thing to do either.

“Try to take it slow,” Virius said. Arnaut nodded slightly, wincing at the small amount of pain, and then gently lay back down.

“So…where are we?” he asked when he felt a little less pained.

“This? Oh, this is one of the resistance’s many hideouts. You’re sitting on one of their two med tables. One of their ‘field supply caves’ or something. Apparently they just store weapons, ammo, and basic supplies here should the cells in the city run out. Also makes a nice place to meet with the resistance forces taking Shelov.”

“So they have him? We’re safe? Shelov’s in their hands?” Arnaut asked hurriedly.

“Yes, yes, he’s with them. Mission accomplished. Finally.” Arnaut nodded.

“Mission accomplished. Alright, try and get an encrypted signal back home about this. We’ll stay here for a few more days and then move out as…” Arnaut began to dictate orders from his bedside, about how they were going to get off the planet and other matters at hand. But inside all he could think about was the mission. Mission accomplished. It was about time.

THUS ENDS AUREK MISSION IV

OOC:
Now, Kand might start Phase II, or I might when I get back. Whoever is faster. So, not long to wait now. Oh, and the NPCs on Phase II are going to be Jan're and Fraot. Just to...clear that up. I know Kand, you wanted Fraot, so you can bring her. Jan're is just coming along because he liked how we worked and wanted offworld and such. Whatever. Have fun while I'm gone!
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
SL/SSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"
"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."
"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission IV  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:28:09 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 102  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >