[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
  RE: The Meaning of Life
February 1, 2002 12:50:27 AM    View the profile of JMac 
What does LOL mean?

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(MC1)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Chaos
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
February 1, 2002 11:30:01 PM    View the profile of Chaos 
OMG!  I can't believe you didn't know what lol meant.  Lol means laugh(ing) out loud.  Here is a chart with some more: AFK = Away From Keyboard BAK = Back At Keyboard BRB = Be Right Back BTW = By The Way GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike IMHO = In My Humble Opinion LOL = Laugh Out Loud OIC = Oh, I See ROFL = Rolling On Floor, Laughing WTG = Way To Go OMG = Oh my God Btw, I got this off AOL, so if you feel violated by the evil of it, sorry.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Chaos/Venom 1-2/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE [=A=]
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
February 2, 2002 9:05:07 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Well, I finally caught up on this one, and here's my opinion.  First off, Jeshua Ben Joseph(Jesus Christ as he was later renamed) was a Jew, he lived a Jewish life, he taught from the Torah, and his last meal before crucifixation was Passover.  Second, every ounce of proof I've ever seen for the bible was destroyed in one hour by my physics teacher.  There has been no sustainable proof for a God existing, so until there is(for or against), there will always be people who have a need to believe, and people who don't.  Raz, Sniper, and I are those who don't.  We feel that nothing is really missing in our life just because there is no higher power guiding us(the dumbest thing I ever heard a Christian say(besides trying to argue physics against me) was,"you must feel so empty".  The reason we don't believe is that we don't feel empty without it).  So, since there is no sustainable evidence, how do you expect to convince either side of the other's point of view.  So I say, since it's proven a pretty worthless waste of my time to argue with religious people before, let's just drop this, and let the accumulation of proof take it's toll.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Insanity is not a mental condition, it's a way of life" - Argon Viper
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
February 3, 2002 4:28:39 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
Well worded, thank you very much btw i'm studying physics atm and will be doing astrophysics at university. Instead of looking for a god around us, i feel it is more pointful to look whats out there to explain anything that needs explaining   ----------------------- SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1} Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited February 3, 2002 4:31:03 PM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

February 4, 2002 8:06:02 AM    View the profile of JMac 
I would very much like to hear your physic's teacher's arguments.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 4, 2002 10:19:35 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
lol, Argon. please please go and get your physics teachers views and Jmac i asked you to prove your points!

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Fishman
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
February 4, 2002 12:33:31 AM    View the profile of Fishman 
Raz, in my first few posts I presented the overview of my evidence.  Could you please elaborate on which peices you would like me to go into further detail on?  (By the way, this is JMac, I am just using my army nick right now.)
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 4, 2002 4:17:49 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
D*mn, too bad I didn't get it today, I could've asked him...  Okay, Fishman/JMac, here's my problem with your evidence.  The entire thing is based on the assumption that whatever we don't understand was done by God, and the only real proof you have is the bible, which is also something you have to take on faith.  Whereas, our evidence is based on proof that you can go into any laboratory in the world and prove.  For example, the incidence of the moths in England(heard this one in Bio class two years ago...).  Most of the moths were white because the trees were white and it hid them from birds.  But then, during the Industrial Revolution, the coal smoke changed the trees black.  For some reason, some guy noticed that the white moths were now mostly black, the color that hid in the trees.  It wasn't anything mystical, it was just the principal of "survival of the fittest", the black moths survived to reproduce more, and so the population shifted.  This was seen again when the coal burning stopped and the trees went back to being white.  The moths followed suit.  Too many people make the mistaken assumption that evolution is just a massive change, all at once.  Evolution, in reality, is millions of small changes over long periods of time where species adapt to their environment, and eventually, they become so different as to be classified as another species.  There I've laid down my proof for evolution.  Please lay down your evidence against it.  Later, we can dive into the Big Bang and the highly interesting realm of astrophysics 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"He who knows his enemy, needs not fear confrontation" - Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
"Those who run from death, win little.  Those who simply live their lives, win much" - Argon Viper
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

February 4, 2002 4:39:34 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
sorry which Prophecies have come true?

-----------------------
SL/1SGTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
JMac
ComNet Veteran

February 6, 2002 12:25:17 AM    View the profile of JMac 
There are thousands of individual prophesies in the bible.  All of them have come true except those regarding the end of this world.  Specific examples would include the holocaust, the fall of Jerusalem, the nation of Isreal, etc., etc. 

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 6, 2002 8:44:09 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Can you quote those prophesies?  No offense, but every prophesy I've seen in the bible is so vague that it would be almost impossible not to fulfill...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Liquid Sna
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
February 8, 2002 8:01:59 AM    View the profile of Liquid Sna 
Hello JMac, my recruiter....maybe i will be on your side.....i don't know...i will edit my post once i get home, and you're not looking over my shoulder!
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  619
February 8, 2002 8:30:43 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Most of the prophecies I've seen are so vague you can bend them to fit anything.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

"How can we say we are protectors when we are more feared than that which we defend against?!" --Lucien, the First Fallen.
"May the sinless tester of souls hold his hawk's perch over me" -- a kenning, author unknown.
Epic
ComNet n00b

February 8, 2002 2:13:45 PM    View the profile of Epic 
Ya know... it's pretty much pointless to try and prove your opinions to each other. Christians can come up with a way to refute it, no matter what. Even I could refute most of what goes on. And it's pointless to try and prove that the Bible is real and that Jesus Christ will come back and bring the end times. People just have to believe it. There really is no physical proof of anything. It is fruitless to try and force your opinion on people over the internet. You might as well save your poor fingers from getting sore and go find somebody to preech to in real life. In my opinion it's getting quite annoying reading you all bicker back and forth about what you believe and what is true and what is not. But of course, it's just my opinion and it doesn't matter to any of you.

-----------------------
Uhhh... uhhh... ummm... I dunno... ?
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 8, 2002 6:19:25 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Wow...  Epic said something intelligent...  that's new.  Well, I agree with him, I'm gonna stop bothering to debate here.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Merrick
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
February 24, 2002 3:27:17 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
It's a well known fact that the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is in fact 42. However, as I have not yet read The meaning of Liff then um, I don't know.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
Epic
ComNet n00b

February 24, 2002 9:47:07 AM    View the profile of Epic 
/me takes a bow I do in fact have a bit of brains, despite common belief.

-----------------------
Uhhh... uhhh... ummm... I dunno... ?
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

February 24, 2002 8:38:00 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Epic, the reason that's common belief is because of the way you act    Anyways, I found a nice little quote that the Athiests here are going to love. "Anyone perfect must be lying" - Barenaked Laides Not that I'm debating, I just thought this was amusing 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
Ez8
ComNet n00b

February 28, 2002 10:48:35 PM    View the profile of Ez8 
The whole prophecy thing is akin to people butchering Nostradamus' quotes to make a couple sentences talking about the world trade center. It's just intended to make americans feel nationalisticly violent so that they can call pacifists terrorists, and make no distinction between the two. The prophecy is just the Christian's way of recruiting people into their religion. And besides, the Bible was written by man, so why is it interpereted as the word of god? And a woman giving birth to god's child without being physically impregnated is biologically impossible. If Jesus was really as white as everyone proclaims him to be, he would've died from skin cancer rather than be crucified. I loved that "You must feel so empty" thing. Made me laugh pretty hard.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

March 1, 2002 7:51:05 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
/me chalks up another one for the athiest/agnostic/whatever side.  Welcome to the group Ez 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > The Meaning of Life  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:53:51 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 130  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >