Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Ventures to Pzob {Dark Dragoons}

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Ventures to Pzob {Dark Dragoons}
Hellra
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  919
Total Posts:  3141
  RE: Ventures to Pzob {Dark Dragoons}
December 12, 2005 5:25:46 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
No words were spoken as they trudged over small watery hills hills, and through the murky streams.
Every now and then Gunnar made a small groan still as he cradled his arm, which still had a dull ache.

It took them a hour to reach the base, everything was as they left it, hidden and secure, Hellen didn't stop for a break and continued her pace this time trudging in Zafo's nearly faded footsteps through the hardened mud and moss.

Long after the left the base, they stumbled on the same carcass Jenny and Zafo searched earlier.
She crouched down to next to the gamorrean.
"He moved, I guess only Zafo's group was here, it was done to gently for a gamorrean, " she pointed towards mud that covered the face, and torso showing that he died on his stomach, before being turned over.

"How did he die?" asked Gunnar curiously,
Hellen's eyes skimmed over the large stature searching for any cause of death, she quickly found a rather small hole in his upper left shoulder, and another that missed his heart that entered between the shoulder blades. A large gash also showed it self on the gamorrean's right leg. Courtesy of her whip.

"I'm surprised he came this far before dying, blood loss. Poor bastard, comrades didn't even try and help, left him" muttered Dinin not finding any trace of bandages or signs that the gamorrean was treated.

"Yeah, seems like it, but we have to keep moving, break is over" called Hellen over looking at her watch, they have been walking long laboured hours now.

"Hell...caught...need...elp..f...scaped...where...you"

Hellen looked at her ComLink dumbfounded at the garbled transmission.
"Zafo, what happened?" she asked curtly and short,
"What?...cant...ear...you...wher..."  seemed Zafo couldn't hear her as well. The distorted transmission cut short, and soon the sounds of what sounded like blasters emitted from the ComLink and then only static.

The three Dragoons stared at each other flabbergasted,
"Lets move," ordered Hellen sharply.

It looks like war broke out, ashen remains of what used to be huts was still smoulders, and the few flames that managed to burn in the moist atmosphere licked the remaining huts tiredly. 

Hellen ventured in cautiously, she trudged forward slowly as she made her way through the gamorrean bodies littering the floor.

"Oh, no" she moaned, not far ahead she could see a human leg sticking out from under a dead gamorrean.
"Guys, help me!" she called and bolted forward towards the leg.
After struggling for several minutes with heaving the body, they managed to roll it over revealing the ashen face of Garet. His pale skin was smeared with a mixture of mud, blood and yet again mud. Hellen crouched down to the unconscious soldier, his breathing was laboured, and when she placed a hand on his forehead an immediate sick warmth spread emitted from it.

"He has a fever, what the hell happened here?" she asked the silence miserably, staring myopically around her. A movement from Garet caught her eye.

"You...no...we"
"Great, he is delirious" she muttered, and quickly got her backpack.
"Dinin, find a dry hut, this place is abandon, shoot anything that doesn't resemble ahuman, Gunnar give me your blanket," ordered Hellen brusquely. Dining gave a affirmative nod and jolted away.

"But I don't have one, only a few ration packs and weapons" said Gunnar,
"Look at the very bottom of your pack, small string, pull it, and you find a blanket, all the squad back packs are like this, survival thing" muttered Hellen as she cautiously began to move Garet.

Gunnar nodded, as he dumped the contents of his backpack out hastily, minutes later a small blanket protruded from the depths of backpack.

"What do you suppose happened?" asked Gunnar about a hour later, they all sat huddled in circle around a small fire Dinin managed to get going despite the damp atmosphere. The fire cracked, and log fell to the side as the one underneath him broke in two halves. Ruby coals smouldered, with a fine layer of ash over them underneath the logs.

She and Dinin just returned from their small scouting expedition. This wasn't a village as it looked, the mist played many tricks on one's eyes. It was a small camp; they found the remains of ropes that were cut lose in one of the huts. Their only guess was this is where Gio and Garet were held. She hasn't been able to get with anyone in contact the past hours except once with Gio, yet another garbled transmission, something about Garet, guarding, and chasing pigs.

"This is the picture I get, Gio and Garet were tied up, Zafo came, they got lose, but not without being spotted. I'm getting a feeling that most of the damage was caused by the gamorreans. Din and I found quite a few gamorreans who were killed by vibroaxes, with no blaster wounds. Got too much to drink I suppose, and with the chaos the squad caused one big brawl broke out. Zafo, and the guys kinda left the job of killing the pigs over to them selves. For some reason they went after a the gamorreans, my guess is, the ones that was still sober must have caught a dragoon, and the guys chased after him, leaving Garet over here. But how a gamorrean landed on him heaven knows" Hellen took a deep breath,

"It sounds possible," muttered Gunnar,
Dinin said nothing as he stared thoughtfully into the fire.
Hellen did likewise, and soon silence fell over the group again, as they waited for Garet to wake up. Hellen glances at him, he knitted tightly in layers of blankets to keep warm, his armour laid forgotten against the wall. His whole torso was wrapped in bacta treatment and bandages. Hellen sighed knowing they couldn't do anything more to help him, she closed her eyes, it was roughly about twelve hours since they have landed, and she was tired. No doubt the rest of the squad was as well.

A groan from Garet attracted their attention. He was waking up; Hellen gave a relieved sigh,

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-
SL/SGT Hellra/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C][CoR]

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited December 12, 2005 5:34:40 AM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  66
Total Posts:  794
December 12, 2005 5:08:01 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    The squad continued in pursuit of the gamorreans. The entire qroup was on alert for any gamorreans that may try to flank them.
    Sam started to mess with his com-link tracking device. He quickly punched in the signal codes for Hellra's group. Hellra had sent them just before the battle in the gamorrean outpost. When he was done he did a quick search for any imperial signal codes that may be near them. Seconds later the device picked up a strong signal.
    "I think I've got someone," Sam said.
    "You do? Well, that is just our luck that your cleverness worked this time," ZaFo said.
    "Hey...," Sam said casting ZaFo a look, "Anyhow, we are heading right towards it. We will need to be ready for a tough battle."
    "Yeah, thanks for the heads up Sam. What would we do with out you?" Jennabelle said sarcasticly.
    "Shut it! Just keep on your toes. We are getting closer to finding either Gio or Garet," ZaFo said breaking up the potential retaliation from Sam.
    The group doubled their speed to hopefully catch up to the gamorreans. The pigs could move through this area with ease with their knowledge of the area. Their large bodies made it hard for them to hide their path. Their large bodies pushed over shrubs and left large prints in the moist dirt.
    "We...foun...G...," a voice said over ZaFo's com-link.
    "Hellra? You found one of them?" ZaFo replied knowing that she probaly wouldn't be able to understand him.
    There was now reply. ZaFo stopped the group for a moment.
    "From what I could make out, I think that Hellra's squad has found one of them," ZaFo said.
    "That's good. That means this whole thing is almost over," Sam said with a sigh of relief.
    "We can't just stand around here and relax that one of them has been found. We need to get the other one back," Squall retorted.
    "Right, let's get a move on get our other squad mate back," ZaFo said.
    It seemed as though with this news that either Gio or Garet has been found raised the spirits of the group. The squad moved with more finesse through the underbrush and they moved much faster than before. Many of them wanted to get their commrade back as soon as possible.
    Only seconds after the squad started in pursuit again, three gamorreans appeared to their left. These three seemed much larger than any of the others that they had fought before. They did not just push shrubs over, they pushed trees aside and crushed the shrubs under their might and weight.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][BM][GS]
*DarkDragoons*
"Only the willful can correct the wrongs and perform the miracles of the mind." -- me
Garet Daimun
ComNet Cadet

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  241
Total Posts:  1348
December 16, 2005 9:04:26 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Three voices managed to squeeze their way through the darkness into Garet's thoughts, waking him up from his rest. It seemed that the group was totally oblivious to the situation: Gamorreans had set up ambush just outside. However, in his delusional state of sickness, Garet could only respond to the questions asked. The familiar voice of Zafo said something about 'equipment', so Garet responded with the best of his ability. "In a& bag somewhere," and in delusion asked "You have them?"

Garet managed to hear Gio, who sounded like he was a little more capable than him. Zafo had his two troopers and himself guard the hut they were in, while Gio and Garet gathered their gear. Before Garet could really get ready, his four squad-mates were yelling to one another over blaster fire and squealing. From Garet's point of view, there was too much going on for anybody to really realize that he wasn't capable of a fight. Never the less, he grabbed two Annihilators and stumbled his way out of the hut.

Garet could tell that his body was exhausted from being lugged around all day through the mud; apparently the Gamorreans had poorly sealed his wound. Having little cover, he tried to stay out of the Gamorrean attack range, but this would soon prove to be a poor strategy.

Garet's movement was greatly reduced by his delusion and exhaustion, but he still managed to get off a couple quality shots. The Gamorreans were doing good for their small amount of guards, partly because they were accustomed to the swamp, partly because Gio and Garet weren't able to fight as well as they could normally. At one point Garet thought he saw some Gamorreans fighting each other, but he figured he was just seeing things.

A couple minutes into the fight, Garet saw something strange through the commotion: a Gamorrean carrying a Stormtrooper away. Garet didn't know why, but he started to laugh at this. Seeing the limp body of a Stormtrooper over a Gamorrean's shoulder felt amusing, though he had no clue why. Everything started going blurry then too. The world started to shift so the sky was in front of him, and the earth behind him. He couldn't move either, as he tried to walk. All of this was amusing to him. He just couldn't get up, so he stayed on the ground and just laughed.

He was cut short however, when the greasy face of a Gamorrean cut into view. In fact, this brought fear into him. Seeing the scarred, dirty face of his capturer in front of him scared him: the last thing he wanted to feel was the rope around him again. Garet raised his Annihilator slowly, and when it was aimed at the Gamorrean, he shot. The lifeless body teetered back, and forth, and back again, only to fall and land on Garet. The dead weight of the pig forced all the air out of Garet. "Not& the darkness again&" he murmured, chuckling, and out of breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Garet could think of through his sleep was the twisted look on his capturers face as he shot him. He didn't understand why the world had flipped itself 90 degrees, or why he couldn't walk, but he understood that with his capturer dead, he was safe.

Oddly though, he felt warm. Maybe the Gamorrean on top of him hadn't lost its warmth yet. He felt soothed under the warmth, and once again his mind went blank. From this stage though, he started seeing totally random images. He and three other Stormtroopers were sitting in a cozy little hut with a fire in the middle. It was odd that such an image came to his mind, because Garet had no idea what sparked it. However he embraced it, and decided that he might as well enjoy it. He pulled himself up from out of his blankets, which had replaced the Gamorrean, and sat up at the edge of a bench he was laying on.

"How ya& doin'?" Garet tried to say. The lack of energy for words was intriguing, considering this was a dream. One of the troopers barely glanced over from his spot where he was sharpening a bayonet, one appeared to be asleep, and the last one looked happy to see him up. It was this last one that started speaking.

"You're up!" the trooper stuck a hand out and put it on his forehead. "You're still hot."

This was also strange to Garet, that he could feel the warmth around him in his dream, as well as the cold hand touching him. "I figured, you guys looked lonely. Thought I could& cheer you up." Again with a lack of energy.

"You need to drink this," the anonymous trooper said, handing him a foul-smelling, gel-like drink. Without hesitance, Garet did so. He felt energy coming back to him, as well as a fuzzy feeling in his stomach.

"You've been out for a bit, we almost left you here," said the same trooper with a little laugh, who was now coming into view. "Feeling better?"

"I think 'feeling anything?' is the better question," spoke the one sharpening a bayonet.

"You did go through a nasty experience, apparently," said the first. Garet could tell that this trooper's voice was higher pitched than the one in the corner, though everything was still dream-like. "Not many people have the rare opportunity to be under a Gamorrean."

That Gamorrean& I remember that. "Yeah&" Garet said, followed by a groan.

"I can see you are starting to feel again. You're gonna' be aching for a while," said a now recognizable female voice. "Heh, I have a test. How many fingers am I holding up?" said the female smiling.

"Erm&" trying to focus, "Four?" The one in the corner looked over.

"Well, his vision is coming back," he said.

"I don't know what we're going to do with you, though," said the female. "We have a mission complete and you're like this; and who knows where Zafo and his group is! I didn't want this mission to be like this&" she looked back over at Garet, and came back to her initial topic. "We need to get you to a doctor."

With that last statement a whole string of memories opened up in his head. He remembered his wound, the trip to the doctor's on Tadath, the entire mission, as well as the events of a couple hours before, and most importantly: he remembered he was talking to Hellra. But with those memories came back his feeling. His whole body started to tremor uncontrollably from all the wounds that he had taken, and he fell to the floor immediately. The male in the corner showed his first sign of energy since Garet woke up. He had quickly risen with a sack of something, as both he and Hellra rushed over to Garet's fallen body.

Garet had stopped shaking, but he still felt all the pain. The cuts on his head, along his back and legs, and his blaster shot wound were all searing painful. The male trooper handed Hellra the bag as he kneeled down to keep Garet still. He held open Garet's jaw as Hellra poured the same, gelatin-like liquid down his throat. Garet's eyes started to close as the memories rushed through his head; he had decided this was no dream. He recognized the new recruit, Gunnar, who was holding him down, as well as Dinin, who had woken up and was standing over Hellra. Lights and sounds started to blur as he was closing his eyes. He managed to hear Hellra saying "Don't go again!", and feel her slap his face, which coincidentally brought him back to reality.

The pain wrenched at his back still, where his wound had opened up earlier, but he managed to pick himself up to a seated position. "Gio! Where is he?!"

Garet looked around panicked at the three faces. "Where is he?"

"We& don't know." Answered Dinin.

Garet couldn't help but feel sorry for him. If Gio had gone through the same thing that Garet did, and he was still out there, it was his responsibility to get him back. "We need to go. Now." Garet said as he stood up with a burst of energy.

"We have no idea where to go!" exclaimed Gunnar. "We lost contact with Zafo before we found you. We were even lucky to find where you were."

"But& Gio's still out there!" said Garet, getting mad.

"We need to wait for contact with Zafo," Hellra said solemnly. "I'd like to get out there and find him as much as you would, but we would be doing more harm than good going out there with no direction or trail."

"No, I saw them take him. I know which way he went." Garet said as he burst through the opening of the hut. He looked around at the surroundings. Morning had come, all the fires were mere wisps of smoke, and all the trees had turned gray around the outpost. Garet started off in one direction off instinct, and then went back past the hut into a more familiar direction. He stopped, looked around, and turned around to see Dinin emerging from the hut.

"Come on," Dinin said, "This is pointless. You're never going to find him off some delusional memory from last night. Let's be reasonable and go back inside to sit down."

This made Garet even angrier, the fact that Dinin wouldn't help to go rescue Gio. In a blunt rage, Garet turned his back to Gio and started running for the woods.

"Hey!" yelled Dinin after Garet. "Hey!"

Garet was running though, this was the direction they took Gio and this was the direction he was going. He had barely made it to the tree line before something had latched onto his back.

"Stop this! You're not going to accomplish anything!" Garet tried to haul Dinin, but fell a couple meters later. Dinin stayed on top of him, pinning him down. "Come on, I don't want to hurt you. Let's just go back to the hut and get some rest. Zafo will contact us. I know he will."

Garet's rage subsided as he lay there in the all too familiar mud. Dinin was right, none of this looked familiar to him, and he was only going to get lost again if he kept running. So with the aid of Dinin's shoulder, they walked back to the hut.

-----------------------
Dark Dragoons 
TRP/CPL Garet Daimun/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."-Douglas Adams
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  51
December 20, 2005 9:46:00 AM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
"I know it's hard, but you have got to trust Zafo and his team. Zafo will get Gio back." Dinin slowly carried the fast weakening form of Garet back to the tent.

"Want...to...help," Garet stammered.

"So do I, but with out proper directions, and you looking like you do, there's just no logic in it."

"..." Garet was out again. Dinin carefully shifted Garet so he could carry him fully in his arms, and then proceeded to the tent. He could tell that Helen was displeased at the fact that he was unconscious, but she said nothing, obviously finding it for the better that he be asleep.

Once they had him resting on the bed, they rewrapped his wounds, and made sure that he was covered with the blankets. Then, on an impulse, Dinin went to his pack and broke out a case of rations. Sitting next to Garet's form, he opened it and put some of the food in Garet's mouth.

"What are you doing?" Hellra jumped up, looking alarmed.

"This is something I learned from a friend of mine." He continued his work, as he then massaged Garet's throat, causing him to swallow it. "None of us have eaten in the better part of a day." He continued to force feed the sleeping Garet until he had eaten about one fourth of the one man rations. Finished with his work, Dinin sat down at the fire, and convinced his squad-mates to share his rations.

"We...ound.....io....." Hellra's Comlink crackled to life.

Gunnar and Dinin looked up in surprise. "What are they saying?"

"I don't know, but it sounds like...We found io?...GIO!" She was very excited, trying to get in touch with the other team, but failing. She seemed disappointed, but the relief on her face was evident. "We'll just have to wait until they get back, I guess."

"Yeah...you guys go ahead and sleep, I'll take first watch." Dinin said, leaning against the wall with his rifle in his lap.
[This message has been edited by Pawn of Dragons (edited December 20, 2005 9:47:11 AM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  930
January 2, 2006 6:15:43 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 12, 2006 9:52:07 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  228
Total Posts:  814
January 2, 2006 6:19:13 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
(OCC: Sorry, I don't know what happened there,  I mean, I never knew how Hell's account ended up with me, anyway, here's the actual post under my own account.)

In that one moment before the attack, Jenny was remembering back when she first came to Pzob, when she first met these large gamorrans, their names forgotten from her memory, but they weren't the same. They were more furiously toward her because she had joined the imperials, they put on lots more weight, they drank a lot more, and they ran around killing rebels and imperials or any other species.

In truth, the only thing gamorrans cared about was money (by being hired to do killing jobs) and themselves. This native was always a rival to everyone; no one wants to make friends with the gamorrans because in turn they can easily betray you. They can lure you into the deepest trap with your friends as the bait.

Right now, Jenny and the rest of her team were in the trap, they would have to find a way to get out of it. Jenny searched down her neck for her medallion, and she kissed it when she found it, it was to her luck and hope that she and her friends might survive, through every mission, through every challenge.

"Incoming gamorrans! We've got a whole squad of them! Looks like large in front and normal in back, it's a charge! Keep some distances from them, but keep your rifle out and your bayonets ready!" Zafo yelled orderly as Jenny snapped into reality.

Come on, Jenny, keep to reality, let's not wander off. Jenny thought to herself impatiently as she took out her A280 heavy repeater and kept a vibrobayonet also in check just as Zafo ordered.

As the team got into position and the gamorrans nearer, Jenny started to see just how many was in this attacking squad. 2 of them were the big gamorrans, the leaders of the group, carrying double vibroaxes and charging hard. The normal gamorrans, which made up the rest of the group (10 of them), all carrying hunting rifles with axes at the holster. Only the normal grunts considered bringing on some armor (very light), but the leaders wore no armor at all.

The battle that took place was less fierce than the one at the camp, but it was still bloody. Sam and Squall were to take out the flanks while Jenny and Zafo were to take out he main force. The flanks were one of the big gamorran leader and five normal grunts, the main force was the same.

Jenny started to fire at the nearest grunt that came on, and the battle started. It was hard to find the right place to hit because the armor took up most of the body leaving the head, the arms and the legs unprotected. Even though that happened, the gamorrans still put up a good fight, dodging the shots that were meant for the unprotected parts.

"Jenny, do you think you could help me here, I'm kind of in a battle with the leader." Zafo muttered through clenched teeth as he struggled to force his vibroblade upon the leader.

"Sure, just let me get through this crowd." Jenny replied, as she quickly shot the two grunts nearest her in the head and stabbed another in the neck.

Jenny was then held up by the last two grunts, who held their vibroaxes high, about to strike.

"Oh crap&." Jenny muttered slowly as two blaster shots came out of nowhere and hit the two in the head.

"You're welcome!" Sam said happily as he turned to fight the leader. It looked like their end was going well, now for the leader Jenny and Zafo's end.

Jenny holstered her A280 and took out her vibroblade and vibrobayonet, she then went up to Zafo and muttered in a slow voice:

"Take his left; I'll be on his right. Go."

Zafo broke the sword clash by hitting the swords away and slashing at one of the leader's arm, it was quickly sliced off. The leader let off a terrible cry, then came on them both with a slam. Jenny who was used to this, dodged, and quickly sliced at the bastard's head, it came off with a terrible thud.

"Nice, Jenny, are you used to fighting these idiots?" Zafo said slowly as he got up to examine the dead body.

"Yeah, I am." Jenny replied quickly before she changed the subject. "Let's go help Sam and ----"

"Squall is trapped under here, come and help!" Sam yelled as Zafo and Jenny quickly ran to the body of the other leader.

"What's going on? Did you kill him?" Zafo quickly asked impatiently as Sam replied:

"Well, we took out his majesty's bodyguards and knocked him out, but ----"

This was covered up by a loud grunt, in which the gamorran leader quickly got up and was trying to stab Squall with one of his axes, helding himself high.

"Quickly, Squall, kill him!" Zafo ordered quickly as Squall took his bayonet and stabbed it in the beast's stomach. Jenny went to quickly kick the other gamorran leader so he would fall back instead of falling again on Squall. Squall thanked Jenny as he was helped up.

"No problem, what do you say, Zafo?" Jenny suggested, staring grossly at the body, which was bursting out all of its fluids on the wet, disgusting mud that the body lay in.

"Let's get to finding Gio, he should be from where the large gamorrans made that big bush pile. Let's go, people." Zafo said orderly as the team moved to find Gio.

OCC: Sorry for ending abruptly but I've g2g, later.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Jennabelle
-=DarkDragoonsSquadTRP=-
-=Red Lancer 1=-
TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited January 7, 2006 2:34:01 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited January 7, 2006 2:34:47 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited January 7, 2006 2:35:01 AM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Cadet

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  266
January 11, 2006 4:38:47 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
"Rations are short." Said a first whisper.

"Do we have another option?" whispered a second.

"We could call back to Tadath."

"Hellra doesn't want that. She wants this mission to... succeed, at the very least."

"Well we need to do something. Sitting around is getting on my nerves."

"Listen, we all want to get going. But until she gives the word..." The sentence was cut off by Hellra walking into the hut. "Any luck?"

"No," replied Hellra, "there was nothing even at the top of the hill; no signal."

"Dammit," said Gunnar with a half growl, half moan noise.

Hellra nodded towards the body on a makeshift bed. "How is he?"

"Garet's fine. His fever his calming down. The last time he woke up he managed to eat about a fourth of a ration." Dinin pointed to a now empty ration pack.

"We have close to no rations now," Gunnar replied, trying to stir movement. "We need to do something."

Garet got up drowsily in the response to the noise. "You're back." He said looking at Hellra. "That's good."

"Guys," Hellra said, "Let's take this outside. Get some rest Garet."

Garet fell back into his sleeping position. All three soldiers stepped outside the hut.

"Night's coming," Dinin pointed out.

"This is the third we've spent here," Gunnar said anxiously.

"We need to know what's going on. If you've forgot, this is a new planet. We're blind here without communications." Hellra looked past Gunnar into the woods. "We don't know who's out there either."

"Frigging Gamorreans&" Gunnar muttered.

Dinin looked back towards where Hellra was looking, then turned back. "Garet isn't going to get much better here either. He needs medical attention. Bacta will run out sooner or later, and his wounds look pretty bad."

"I hate to say it, but that isn't our primary concern right now." Hellra said with a sad face. "For all we know, five of our soldiers could be dead."

"Couldn't we call for backup?" Gunnar suggested impatiently.

"No!" Hellra said as equally impatient. "This& this needs to be done by us. We'd be the laughing stock of the Corps if we came back defeated by some pigs." She turned away.

"It might be a good idea," said Dinin, entertaining the idea. "We understand you want to do this to prove yourself, but a whole planet is out there, one squad isn't going to cut it. You said it yourself: we might have lost five already. It's your call."

Without turning around, Hellra replied. "You two seem ready to go... I'll have my decision in the morning."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."-Douglas Adams
[This message has been edited by Garet Daimun (edited January 11, 2006 4:40:01 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  422
Total Posts:  765
January 11, 2006 6:35:14 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Skirmish after skirmish with the filthy pigs was draining Zafo's energy. Still, he forced himself onwards through the swampy grounds, following the footprints which had sunk into the mucky ground. Sam, Jenny and Squall were all trekking just a couple of paces behind. He could tell they were getting tired as well; their footsteps where getting slower and softer as they went on. Still blinded and driven by determination of recovering their comrade, the squad forced themselves onwards, over hills, through swamps and shrubs.

Every now and then, a small group of pigs would come charging towards them from many directions. It had become almost routine by now; each Dragoon would take cover behind a tree, leaving all the gammoreans right where the Dragoons were previously standing. From there, they unleashed a hail of blaster fire which burnt the life right out of the filthy beasts.

"It's starting to get quite dark." Jennabelle pointed out to Zafo who was taking a moment to catch his breath, before pushing himself onwards.

"I'm quite aware of that!"

"Was that me?"

Zafo was usually a very good-tempered person. The stress of the whole mission was getting to him. Giovanni captured, possibly dead. An injured Garet, amongst other squadmates and the damage done to his Nightfalcon. Worst of all, it was no simulation. This was real.

"I'm sorry." Zafo quickly followed, "I'm quite stressed."

"I noticed." Piped in Squall sarcastically.

"Seems I'm not the only one." Zafo added coldly.

"Guys!" This time it was Sam. "For the love of...yes it has been a long tough day, but we need to pull through! There's a life on the line!"

Zafo admired Sam's optimism and support. It wasn't like him to be acting like he was.

"Alright guys. Time to move on."

All the muscles in Zafo's legs seized in pain as he forced himself from his stationary position. After another ten minutes of traveling, Zafo's prayers were finally answered.

Through the leaves, could be seen a flickering light...a campfire. As the troops pulled closer, they were able to make out yet another gammorean village. This time though, all the gammoreans were gathered in a circle.

A surge of rage overcame Zafo as he saw what lay in the middle of the circle. Tied to a stake, was Giovanni.

"Alright Guys. No mercy. This time, we get him back."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE  [BC] [EW2]
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Hellra
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  934
January 12, 2006 11:13:38 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Hellen pinched the bridge of her nose in concentration while her raking hand out of habit through her hair. Tiredly dragging her tired feet over to the nearest part of the circular wall she gazed at Garet's feverish sleeping form, he seemed to be mumbling about nothing particular. Her usually rosy tinted cheeks were pale, and dark rings have made their way around her eyes due to the lack of sleep. If only she were better prepared.

"Din, Greg, go to sleep, I will watch over him. We need all the sleep we can get." She ordered towards her two barely awake comrades. Greg opened his mouth in protest but Hellen simply glared at him.
"Get. To. Sleep. Now." She whispered dangerously low with a threatening glare, Greg gave a meek nod at this while Dinin shook his head. In mere minutes both Dragoons were curled up in small balls to hug more heat into their cold bodies, which even the fire couldn't succeed into warming. Rubbing her neck tiredly she threw some extra logs on to the fire.

They were tired and hungry, their rations weren't going to last. On the one hand, its madness to chase after Zafo, on the other she couldn't just abandon them. Calling backup in might be a bit to drastic, or she has to much pride.

Hellen sucked her breath in deeply, and sighed gravely. She dropped her self against the wall carelessly and slid down to the ground before covering her face in her knees while hugging her self. What should she do, and what was she able to do?

Next morning
"Ok, boys, get up! Rise and shine!" called Hellen out with a small smile threatening to break. Two groans grumbled from there. She darted over to Garet happily checking his wounds. For a second her smile faltered. Dinin was right, Garet needed proper medical treatment, a quarter of his pain caused by her.

"With your extremely chirpy behaviour I guessed you came up with a solution?" asked Greg hopefully. Hellen gave a happy nod. Dinin gave a small smile; she genuinely seemed to have a solution. For a change she had a hope in her attitude again.  Hellen dropped her smile; her eyes' spark faded a little bit, the whole situation coming back to her.

"What's your plan?" asked Dinin curiously. His hands were playing around with a small twig, snapping it into smaller pieces repeatedly. Hellen, who now has gotten to know him better, knew it was his nerves showing through. She shifted her gaze to Greg.

"Greg, you stay here with Garet, while Din and I go back to the base camp to get some rations, and the omninode Com set, it will work better then our ComLinks, better signal. Dinin, we should probably get some flares as well. How does it sound so far?"

Dinin and Greg stared at her before glancing at each other,
"I like it, its better then nothing" answered Greg, Dinin folded his arms over his torso, he looked at Hellen curiously,
"What do you plan next?"
The rest of Hellen ghostly smile faded,
"We have two options here, I want to set up a satellite strong enough to reach Tadath if possible, then we wont be laden with that job when we get back here,-"
"Get back here???" asked Greg with wide eyes while Dinin stared at her indecorously.
"Don't interrupt me, I'll explain everything" said Hellen with a disapproving frown.

"Anyway, option one: Get the stuff we need, and get back to here, option two: I stay to set up the satellite, while Dinin comes back alone"

"Maybe we should just go with option one, we can set up the satellite when the whole squad is back together." Suggested Dinin, Greg nodded his head, agreeing with Dinin. Hellen sighed,
"I suppose so, its madness to split up, and very risky as well. But I want the mission to be halfway complete at least, we have been on this planet for almost a week and we have done nothing that comes even close to fulfilling our mission objectives! We are chasing each other and the rest of these pigs trying to get our group together,"

Silence lingered between the Hellen and her two Dragoons.
"How long will you be gone?" asked Greg,
"Fifteen hours I guess, six to get to the base camp, one hour to get everything, six back here, and then two additional hours in which we rest or fight if we meet up with some company. Answered Hellen tiredly; she forced a smile on her face,

"We are wasting time, lets get ready"

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Jennabelle
ComNet Cadet

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  232
Total Posts:  814
January 15, 2006 4:16:14 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
As Jenny and the team got closer to the village, Jenny looked around and counted about 10 to 15 gamorrans, all gathering around the fire, not noticing that four stormtroopers were coming upon them. Jenny was sent to scout out the village and survey their situations. She did the task in about 10 minutes or so and came back when it was very dark (perhaps near midnight) , the only light being the fire, the nervousness of her showed when rifles was pulled at her and she quickly said quietly and nervously:

"Guys, it's me, I think you're going to like what I found out." Jenny said as she went right to the point and explained, more relaxed: "They have no food, so they're looking to kill Gio for food or to interrogate him on our location." Jenny takes another peek at the fire as she continues: "Gio, of course, doesn't look like he's had much food but that's going to change soon. Oh yeah, one more thing, there is a little hut that I think contains explosives." Jenny added as she turned to Zafo, who thought until he finally said a few minutes later, calmly:

"Alright, here's the plan. Sam, Squall, you're to go to this little hut and plant a explosive, creating a diversion. When you've done that, quickly contact me on the comlink. Jenny and I will attack from this hut near the campfire and free Gio. When we've got Gio, we'll kill the remainder gamorrans so there is no one to tell the tale. Then we head on back to the camp where we came from, got it?" The team all nodded as Zafo added: "Alright, let's move, remember show those goddamn gamorrans no mercy, and kill them all!"

At those words, the plan unfolded. Jenny and Zafo waited while they watched as the gamorran leader did his usual rally talk and such. After a few minutes, Jenny got bored of it but then Sam's voice came on Zafo's comlink as it said hurrily:

"Just planted the explosives get ready." Then there was a loud BOOM and most of the gamorrans left, grunting in almost a cry very loudly leaving the leader and his four bodyguards to guard Gio.

"Well, that's going to attract another village, probably. Let's go." Zafo remarked and ordered as Zafo took out his E-11 rifle and Jenny took out her vibrobayonet and vibroblade. Zafo added orderly: "Jenny, take out the big leader, I'll take his 'bodyguards'"

Zafo shot at one of the gamorran bodyguards the battle started. Jenny was busy trying to overpower the leader with her fast moves or her sometimes unpredictable moves, all courtsy of the training she'd taken when she was a kid. Zafo was trying to get a good shot on the bodyguards, who were constantly trying to avoid that. All the while, Sam and Squall were holding off the rest 7 to 9 gamorrans that found out it was a diversion and took revenge on these two imperial stormtroopers.

After a while Jenny heard Zafo talking to someone on the comlink, so she forced the battle closer so she could hear. It was Sam, and he sounded tired, but he still reported:

"Zafo, this is Sam, we've got about 4 to 5 gamorrans left to hold off, how about you?" Sam added quickly as Zafo quickly replied:

"I've got the last bodyguard left and Jenny's almost done, I think&. I'll get back to you, out." Zafo added as he wasn't sure exactly if she, Jenny herself was done.

Jenny was almost done; of course, having cut off both arms of the big leader and was to sever his head. The blade came and went quickly, with the severed head thudding on the ground.

Zafo had to just avoid the last bodyguard's blaster fire, then taking some shots at the head; it was like fighting a regular rebel, except it felt like fighting a recruit. Then one of his shots hit and the gamorran bodyguard fell next to his comrades in the dirty mud.

Jenny heard Sam's voice came on, it was more relaxed now, but still a bit tired, he reported quickly:

"All the bastards are dead on this side, Zafo. How about yours?"

"Dead and severed, we'll need to untie Gio. Wait there, out." Zafo quickly replied as he turned and ordered to Jenny: "I'll untie Gio. Find his stuff, Jenny."

Jenny searched around the village and found, a few meters away from the leader, Gio's stuff. She came back, but noticed something on the leader's bloody shoulder; it was a rebel officer's patch, it looked like a sergeant one.

"Jenny, good you're back&." Zafo said as he asked, curiously, staring at the patch she was holding. "Where did you get that?"

"From the gamorran leader, the guy must have stolen it off a rebel sergeant's dead body." Jenny answered and remarked as she stared at the unconscious body of Gio and commented: "He's not looking well. I'll get him into his stuff."

Jenny woke Gio up, who didn't look pleased to be woken up and thought Jenny was a gamorran and smacked her with his fist. He winced as his vision became clear and he saw that his buddies were here.

"Get yourself zipped up and ready, we're going to move out in a few." Zafo's voice came from behind Jenny as Jenny thrown the stuff onto Gio, who took it and started getting dressed.

After a few minutes when Gio was zipped up and ready, Zafo ordered the team to move on back to the village where they came from.

"What happened?" Gio asked curiously, as Jenny and the rest of the team laughed and went on back to where Hell and her team were, hopefully.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Jennabelle
-=DarkDragoonsSquadTRP=-
-=Red Lancer 1=-
TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited January 21, 2006 8:02:17 AM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  522
Total Posts:  1305
January 15, 2006 6:07:43 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
It felt like he was in a dream.

This cant be real..., he thought.

The sounds and sights of the forest whirled and mixed into one intangible blob around him.  He could hear the voices of his teammates, and could feel the crunch of the twigs and mulch under his boot. He could feel his hot breath condense on the inside of his helmet.

His thighs began to cramp, sending hot flashing pains all throughout his leg. Lucky for him, the pain almost served as a wakeup call.  He remembered now where he had been, and listening to the chatter of his teammates, he now knew where they were going.

"You're running pretty slow there for someone whos been resting for the past few days..." said a familiar voice.  Giovanni instantly recognized it.

"Why don't you go f-" responded Gio before catching himself. "I'm sorry Sam. My muscles feel like they're about to fall off my bones..."

"Yeah, being starved for a few days'll do that to you" said a voice near the front of the group. It was Zafo.

"Someone give the man a ration pack. We just busted our arses rescuing him, no use in having die of exhaustion on the way to base..." he continued, half-jokingly.

"I hope i have a better meal waiting for me at HQ.  Im starving and these ration packs still suck."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Sergeant Giovanni A. Bryden*

FTL/SGT Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][ES][1st Class]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  546
Total Posts:  635
January 16, 2006 10:54:13 AM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall peered up through the canopy as the day started to turn to dusk.  Gio had finished his rations and beverage, and was now in a state to move along better.

The Gammorean camp was about 3-4 days travel on foot, so the troopers would have to make camp overnight.  Giovanni needed to rest anyways.

Squall could feel the forest ground crunching under his boots as the troopers pressed along.  With each minute, the sky was getting dimmer and dimmer.  After a few more minutes of walking, it was now necessary to turn the night vision on to a low power, making visibility even greater.

The troopers made their way about a mile down the path, and came to a large opening that forked off into two different paths.  They stopped to take a break.

Squall stepped up to Zafo.

"We should probably make camp, and take off in the morning," said Squall

"That does sound like a good idea, but we will have to take turns on watch. You want to take first watch?" asked Zafo

"Sure, doesn't bother me.  I'll just take an energy-stim to keep myself awake.  Go get some shut-eye." said Squall

The rest of the troopers gathered around.  Sam opened up one of his rations and started into the pack.  Gio quickly put up his tent and went in to get some sleep.  He had been awake for days, and had been starving for days.  Most troopers would have survived it, but Giovanni stuck it out.  They needed to get him back to camp as quickly as possible.

Everyone was now resting in their own spots.  Sam was about the only one that was still awake, muttering something to himself as he was taking off his armor.  Squall carefully rolled a small rock over to sit on.  He turned the night vision up a little bit, as the sky was now almost pitch black.  Torches around the area were a burst of light in his vision, so he tried not to look at them.

It was almost noon, and only half of the group was awake.  Zafo and Sam made their way around the tents waking the troopers up.  Gio took a lot longer than everyone else, but within about a half hour, everyone was ready to go.

After packing everything up, the troopers quickly moved out, taking the right path at the fork, heading south east.  The sun was now at the high point in the sky, barely peering down through the canopy onto the forest floor.

The heat was now starting to get to Squall, so he slipped off his helmet and let his long hair hang out.  It had been days since he'd gotten a clean shave, and he now had a thin beard on his face.  Gio's was even worse.  All off the troopers were dirty, not one of them looked to be in a clean state.

"We need to get Garet some medical attention," said Sam, looking back to the stretcher he was being carried on by a few younger troopers.

Squall picked up the communications console out of his back and plugged into the main channel in the area, requesting a medic immediately.  After a few more tries, a voice finally came through, but that was amazing because communication had been terrible the past few days.

"This is Imperial Stormtrooper 5 of the Dark Dragoons," sais Squall, looking at the co-ordinants of where they were, "Position 15 degrees east, 23 degrees south.  Please dispatch a medic and medium speeder to our position.  We have one dangeriously exhausted trooper, and another critically injured trooper."

"ETA 25 minutes," said a voice over the communications console.  Squall strapped it back into his pack.

"Well, thats good news," said Squall, "But we need to get Garet some serious medical attention.  Now all we have to do is wait"

Half hour later.

The small team of medics came rushing up in a fairly large speeder, signalling to the troopers that they had arrived.  Garet was quickly strapped into the back of the speeder, and the medics took immediate attention to him.  Giovanni was hooked up to a small hydration system through an IV that would keep him hydrated until they got back to the Gammorean camp.

Zafo took control of the speeder after all of the medics and the troopers had piled in.  Sam took the co-pilot position, and Squall took the rear gunner position.  As they pressed through the forest, Gio started to re-gain his energy.

About an hour later, the speeder made a stop in a small clearing, to let a few of the troopers use the rest-room momentarily.  They were scolded for the insubordination, but they quickly made their way back, but something was wrong.

Something smelled....really...really bad.

And then they were ambushed, by atleast 15 Gammoreans at Sams count.  Squall ripped off blasts at the large pig-beasts as the speeder attempted to pull away, only clipping about two of the gammoreans.  Sam propped up with his blaster rifle and opened fired all around the speeder.  Zafo was quickly manuevering into an escape route towards the camp.  Giovanni had now taken attention to what was going on.

"What in the name of Zanzibar is going on here?" he yelled, ripping the pin off of a grenade, and chucking it into one of the pig beasts, sending him and his comrade flying backwards, screaming like pigs.

"Gun it!" yelled Sam as they were almost out of the clearing.  Zafo punched the throttle of the speeder to full, and they lurched forward.  Something shiny caught Squall's vision, and then one of the troopers on the speeder was shot in the chest.  It looked to be a sniper shot, but no matter the difference, there was a large hole in the troopers chest.  One of the medics quickly came over and checked the vitals.  He was gone.  Squall shook his head in agony as the gammoreans were now out of sight.

It's always bad when you loose a trooper.

When the small team arrived at the camp, Garet was immedately taken into surgery.  Giovanni was now recovering back to normal, and was taken off of the hydration unit.  He scrambled around to find a good meal to eat.  It was still quite the travel to get back to HQ.

After a scan of the area, neither Hellra nor Pawn could be found.  Squall looked around for another officer in the area.

Aparently, they had gone to the base to get some back-up, and they hadn't arrived back yet, which was odd because they should have been back by now.

Everyone had now found a place to relax for the time being, and everyone looked like they needed it.  The trooper who died was taken away to be examined by the medics in the area, to see if they could salvage any of the body parts for someone who would need it at a later time.

All that was left now, was to wait.

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
TRP/CPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  948
January 16, 2006 2:21:40 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
It was a long and energy-consuming task managing their way back to base. More energy then they could afford.

Hellra wiped the sweat from her face as she teared her way through bushes, the base a few minutes walk away from them. She took a quick glance at Dinin. His tiredness matched hers equally. They were both tired and hungry. Leaving their rations behind for Gunnar and Garet, while heaving a standard blaster rifle and blaster pistol through this godforsaken swamp turned out to be more of a challenge.

Their first few hours on the hike went without a glitch, but in their quick rest they were attacked. Nothing serious, but their broken spirit combined with their fatigue caused the fight to be much more challenging. One gamorrean wouldn't be a problem, but then another came just as they bought their first assault to the ground.

If it wasn't for Dinin's quick thinking they may have lost their lives, he quickly toppled them both in a very foul smelling pit of water where they hid when the rest of the two fallen gamorreans' comrades arrived. For a second Hellra though she was going die when they didn't come up for air. Now drenched in mud and water they were slouching the last moments back to base.

Hellra buried her knuckles in her eyes. Her Combat Engineering knowledge failing her completely. Her usual perfect memory now lost in a haze of forced memories she was trying to recall of her classes. It had been hours since they at last reached base. It took eight hours to reach base instead of the estimated six. It has been five hours since they arrived, three hours longer then planned. They underestimated themselves, their endurance and the swamp. It would take at least another two days before they could get back to where Gunnar and Garet were.

Hellra stared at Dinin's sleeping form, as she expected he protested when she ordered him to go to sleep, but with sleep came more productivity. More productivity she could manage in this jumble of wires. She tore her gaze away from Dinin and the fire back to what was occupying her hands, but not her thoughts.

She has managed to sort out most of the wires, but to what they should be connecting struck her blank. If only she had her&
Wait a second& dropping the wires carefully so it wouldn't touch the moist soil. She didn't need a short-circuit Hellra darted up from her crouched position beside the satellite.

With a smile cornering her lips she trudged back to her wires. Her manual book clutched tightly under her arm. Now she will get somewhere at least.

Losing track of time, she continued sorting the wires out. She stopped occasionally when she grew bored with it to make some minor adjustments to the satellite's coordinates. Or to wrestle with the book's instructions. She cursed the book for not covering satellites, but at least it helped her partly. Realizing with a grain setting satellites up were not a job cut out for Combat Engineers she nodded off to sleep, her last thoughts lingering on Garet and Gunnar all alone, with Zafo and the rest of the squad also somewhere, perhaps even dead calling nightmares to her mind.

They were back on Stassia, a single blaster shot rang in silence, though in the original event there was no silence. Hellra stood horror stricken, the scene in front her of frozen. A dark hazy fog clouded her vision creating silhouettes of everything around her. Her fingers were still curled around the trigger she just pulled. Knowing the scene all to well Hellra's eyes followed the stray shot. White-hot energy lingering on the red blast before plunging it self into Garet's upper left torso. She let out a silent scream; it was like running through a rehearsal again, and again. She knew exactly what would happen now.

She would run forward, break her way through the oncoming enemy forces, and then crouch at his side while feverously trying to stop the blood flow. But it never came, instead her feet stood frozen to ground. What was wrong?  She was supposed to help him out now, but instead the enemies were disappearing. Suddenly the Lancers and Raiders were walking towards her. Each carried an unpleasant hate. It wasn't anger waiting to explode, to kill. It was icy and cold-sending shivers down her back as accusing eyes bore down on her. She couldn't make their faces out, each still a shadowy silhouette.

"I swear, it wasn't on p-purpose," she stammered. Suddenly the ground started shaking, causing her to sway around like a rag doll, to her utter perplex not one of the Imperials in front of her lost their balance. Slowly as the shaking continued their faces came into view, their facial traits still hidden, but their eyes standing out with an intensifying light. Accusing her of unspoken crimes. The ground continued shaking.
" Please, I sw--

"I swear it,"
"Hellra..."
"I swear, I didn't meant it, just?"
"HELLRA!"  Hellra's clouded mind wakened abruptly to something shaking her, she bolted up bewildered, her chest heaving up in down out of fright. Dinin hands were gripping her shoulder tightly, almost painfully as he tried to wake her.

"Calm down Sarge, get your self together" yelled Dinin at her. Hellra stared at him myopically, her breathing losing its intensity. Her pale face continued staring at him as if she didn't know what was going on.

"Are you okay?" Dinin asked knowing she wasn't, suddenly as if realizing her surrounding her eyes got a bit of her old spark back.
"Sorry, nightmare, this place drives you insane doesn't it" she said rhetorically.
Dinin gave a silent nod, still unsure if his squad leader was losing it. Hellra knew without looking what was going on in his mind. She was losing it. All this guilt, Garet had to know, even if it meant losing a friend. But she couldn't cope with this guilt.

"Sorry, lets get back to that satellite"
"No" said Dinin.
Hellra looked up alarmed, her eyes narrowed as she regained her composure. She looked at him sharply, and spoke the latter as well.
"Don't defy me Corporal, I am your squad leader and?"
"You need sleep, you have been going without sleep now for days" Dinin glared at her with a disapproving stare.
Hellra looked down embarrassed, embarrassed to be reprimanded by her own trooper.
Knowing it would be childish to disagree and just plain idiotic to fight. If she couldn't even look after her self how could she look after the squad? She gave a silent nod, Dinin's face lit up slightly as he handed her his blanket.
"Don't worry, that's your problem. I know this squad, and believe me they have been through a lot more then you think, a lot more then you went through in the Empire I believe. But they haven't yet experienced a SL who lost her calm,"
Feeling dumb and stupid Hellra gave another nod.
"Don't be to hard on your self, you're still only seventeen, you have much to learn"

Hellra gave another meek nod, soothed by his words. She chose wisely to remain silent about her true age, which was one year younger then Dinin thought. He was right though; she couldn't let some mistake of the past be her distraction and caused her to make more. Tiredly she obeyed Dinin's order to go bed. To be a leader one had to admit when he wrong, and needed to listen to those around him, and not himself.

"This is Sergeant Hellra to base"
Hellra and Dinin waited in anticipation, not sure whether hey had made connection. 
Hellra was about to call again when the small speaker crackled with static before it cleared.
"This is base, everything alright there?" asked a young voice.
"No, mission is failing, we need backup and medical help as soon as possible." Hellra felt her pride dropping a few notches. It took pride to admit defeat as well.

"Request for backup granted, nearest squad will be sent soon, can we have your ground coordinates?" Hellra felt her cheeks flush.
"We don't have our ground coordinates, ask Captain Wein Risprin. He was the one charge of our shuttle at that time."
"I see" said the voice dryly.
"When can we expect them?"
"In the next six hours minimum" answered the voice.
"Okay, see them then" answered Hellra, without replying the connection cut.
"Not to pleased are they" commented Dinin with a smirk. Hellra merely slapped him across the head.
"Hush you" they both managed to crack a smile before worry replaced it again.

"Zafo, this Hellra, " static crackled for a few seconds before Zafo's tired voice sounded.
"Thanks heaven for the communication, we arrived at the camp where you left Garet and Gunnar. Gunnar was quite frantic saying you should have been back yesterday. You were supposed only to be gone for fifteen hours, not three days" said Zafo, but Hellra caught his unasked question.

"Took longer then we expected, some of the equipment got damaged by the water, I don't understand it. They were sealed." Said Hellra, her frown deepened.
"It must have cracked when the gamorreans attacked as at the base. When are you leaving, or should we meet you there?

"No, Garet is no condition, "
"Same goes for Gio, he was without food for days, water as well before we found him" said Zafo.
"That's Gio, strong stuff he's made off" said Hellra with a laugh before continuing.
"I called in for backup, they will be here minimum six hours, Dinin and I will wait for them here to lead them to you"

Zafo and Hellra continued making last minute plans before cutting the connection; all they could do now was wait.

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 16, 2006 2:25:01 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  425
Total Posts:  765
January 16, 2006 3:32:49 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo had next to no medical training. Even the basic medical training taught at the Vast Empire's academy proved challenging for him. It was just not his thing. For once, he felt terrible about it, as he had to watch the rest of the squad work on keeping Giovanni and Garet in the best state possible, while he stood around doing nothing, feeling useless.

The temperatures started to drop as the end of another day approached. Anxiety was starting to build within Zafo.

"Shouldn't Hellra and the backup team be here by now?"

He realized that with visual capability dropping as the light quickly began to fade, that they were going to have to wait out the night. Zafo looked down at his golden pistol, what was left of the daylight reflected off its magnificent plating into his eyes.

"Help us get through the night."

---------------------------------------- Several Hours Later ------------------------------------------

By now, the tension amongst the non-sleeping soldiers had dramatically risen. It was just past the middle of the night, and it had been many hours since the last Gammorean attack. They weren't likely to give up looking for the squad after all the damage they caused to their numbers. It was only a matter of time before they were found...

"I have a feeling we are being watched." Sam's voice pierce the silence as he emerged from the tent both Giovanni and Garet had been placed in. "Both of them need medical help as soon as possible, but they should be able to hold out fine for another twenty four hours, tops."

"I've had that feeling ever since we got to this place." Zafo answered, his eyes staring straight ahead into the darkness. Slowly, he reached his hand to his side where he had rested his pistol. He turned a couple of dials and flicked a switch very discretely, the whole time staring straight ahead. Then, in a quick flash, Zafo raised the pistol and fired it out into the blackness he had been staring. The small clearing lit for a split second as the rather large, neon green bolt darted across the clearing. The light was followed by a squeal and the thump of a large form hitting the ground.

Shocked, Sam started at him, his mouth dropped.

"The reflection in his eyes from the torch. I noticed it a couple of times. He's been there for about fifteen minutes."

"Are there any more?" Sam inquired nervously.

"We'll find out, won't we?" Zafo added, forcing a small chuckle.

From behind them, the sound of small shrubs being thrashed aside from a darting form was heard. However, within a couple of seconds, the sound had faded.

"How long do you think until the Gammoreans come back to finish us off?" This time it was Squall.

"I haven't a clue, but we'll be ready. Wake every soldier fit for combat." Zafo loaded another energy cell into his pistol. The shot setting he had chosen was very powerful, but very energy inefficient. He wanted to be sure to take out the Gammorean with one hit.

---------------------------------------- More Hours Later --------------------------------------------

The tension had reached an all time high. Still, the Gammoreans had ceased to show themselves. Every sound heard outside the circle sent the Dragoons jumping and waving their rifles all over the place, expecting an attack. Every time, a false alarm.

The fatigue was starting to get to Zafo. It had been many hours since he last slept, but he forced himself onwards. Several times while awaiting the attack he was woken from a half sleep by Sam.

Suddenly, loud crashing and bashing sounds were heard off to the right. There was no doubt about it something was coming this time. All Dragoons readied themselves, raising their rifles and taking cover behind rocks and massive tree stumps.

From within the crashing had grown the hum of engines, propelling some sort of unseen...thing forwards.

It was then that a scream was heard over the noise.

"Hold your Fire!!"

It was Hellra and the backup. They had made it.

A somewhat large open landspeeder had flown into the clearing. Hellra, Dinin and the backup squad leaped from the vehicle into the circle, turned back and started to fire. They had brought company with them.

The Gammoreans knew where they were...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

ASL/SSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE  [BC] [EW2]
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited January 16, 2006 3:49:19 PM)]
Garet Daimun
ComNet Cadet

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  278
January 19, 2006 2:38:39 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet woke up with drowsy eyes in the darkness of the hut. The fire had gone out, but it had left its smoke inside. There was no talking to be heard, no breathing, just silence. Garet sat up. His torn armor was sitting on the side of the bed, as well as his pistols. Aside from his injuries, he felt fine. His fever had subsided, and his energy was returned.

"Hello?" he called out to the unnerving darkness. Nothing came back. He grabbed on of his pistols and stood up. We walked slowly and carefully to the opening of the hut, peering his way out as he came to it. Seeing no one, he stepped out, gun in hand.

There was a faint light coming from behind the next closest hut. Garet inched his way further, crouching as he came nearer. There was a fire on the other side. It was an organized fire though, not one that was accidentally lit. There was nobody sitting around it. In fact, there was nobody to be seen outside. Garet slowly made his way into the rim of firelight. He could feel the warm air now as he stepped forward. He looked around.

There were small lights at the edge of the woods, each of them in pairs. Their neon green stare was even more unnerving than the silence. But all that was broken. As Garet dropped his gun down to his side, something grabbed him by the shoulder. He spun around in surprise and terror, only to see that it was Gunnar staring back.

"Hey," said Gunnar.

"Geez, what's with you?" Garet replied with frustration. "Don't you ever come up on me like that again."

Disregarding that statement he pointed towards the edge of the forest. "You see all of 'em?"

"Yeah. They're waiting for us."

"Yup."

"Where is everyone? And where did you come from?"

"Hellra and Dinin went back to base to set up communications; they were supposed be back yesterday. As for Zafo and his group, they're in there." Gunnar pointed his thumb over his shoulder to a door. "They got back with Gio ok."

"Is he fine?"

"Yeah, he'll make it. Believe it or not he was less injured than you."

"Well, I'm sure he didn't spend a night under a Gamorrean."

Zafo stepped out of the hut, waved quickly, and walked away. Sam soon followed, who nodded over towards Garet and Gunnar and then followed Zafo.
"They're getting restless," Gunnar said as their two squad-mates had left.

Garet looked over his shoulder at the sparkles in the woods. They were moving. "If they come after us, we won't stand a chance." A small humming started. "You hear that?"

"Yeah. Doesn't sound like something I want to get acquainted with."

"Does it seem like it's getting louder?" It was.

Zafo came running over. "There's something out there."

"You here it too then?" Garet asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yup, it isn't natural alright. Get the others up in case we have to fight. I'll get Sam back over here." Zafo made sure Gunnar got in the hut before he started to walk away. After a couple steps he turned around. "It's good to see you up, Corporal." He continued on his path towards the darkness.

Garet just stood there. It was good to be up. It had been a while since he was able to do anything. It's getting louder&

In the distance Garet could hear the braking and branches and the bristling of plants. The humming continued to grow.

Gunnar stepped out of the hut with Squall and Gio, and ran over to another hut, which Jenny was staying in. Gio came over to Garet and stared into the abyss, towards the sound.

"You ok?" Gio asked, not making eye contact.

"Yeah. You?"

"I've been better. You've been out for days, I hear."

"Guess so."

"You ready for this then?"

"You heard about me. I've been resting for days for this." Gio and Garet both smirked.

The noise was close. Gunshots could be heard, as well as shouts. Garet and Gio raised their weapons as Zafo and everyone else ran to the scene. Out of the tree line and into the firelight came a speeder; not filled with pigs, but with soldiers. A distinct shout was heard, and everyone knew who it was. Hellra and Dinin were back.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons 

Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  957
January 25, 2006 9:46:56 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
"We won't hold much longer!"
Hellra gave an affirmative nod to Zafo, knowing disagreement wasn't even allowed to surface. They needed to get off this planet, and fast. She stole a quick glance around her. The huge land speeder in which they arrived were safely hidden behind one the half burned huts that remained standing through all the odds against him, which were quickly increasing. Garet and Gio were inside there, both needing immediate medical assistance.

The backup squad, known as the Knights was quick to get on the scene much to Dinin and Hellra's relief. Without wasting time they rushed over to where the rest of the Dragoons were waiting, and in the process bought some companions with them. She was still amazed at the speed in which the Knights managed to find a way through this thick and misty jungle.

"Cedus, Cedus get over here!" yelled Hellra over the barrage of blaster shots over to the Knights Squad Leader. The slim and lanky build gave him a tall stature, he had blue eyes with very scruffy and short hair.
"Yes?" he asked when he reached her in mere strides.
"Get Gio and Garet in the speeder, what we need is speed and time, once those two are loaded get down to here as fast as possible and get us. Getting rid of this&" Hellra pointed with disgust to the gamorreans that kept coming without pause.

"Getting rid of this, means exterminating the whole planet, " Cedus nodded and gave the orders through his ComLink to the rest of his men.

"We don't have much options, your suggestion is the only thing we have, pray it works" he muttered. Hellra was about to reply when his face paled to deathly white.
"Cedus?" she asked slowly and cautiously. Cedus ignored as he raised his hand to the back of his head, moments later he pulled his hand back. He stared confused at the thick dark blood covering it. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he slumped forward. Shocked Hellra caught him and sunk with him to the ground. A small dagger protruded from the back of his of head, not deep, but enough to kill him.

With shaking hands she searched for a vein in his neck that might still pulse with life. Nothing.
A roaring engine bought her back to the situation. The land speeder arrived as Cedus ordered. His last order to the Knights.
"Sam, help me!" she yelled over to the zabrak. He gave her a questioning glance before he saw the dead body of Cedus in her arms.
"The rest of you get in the speeder!"

Everyone did as she ordered, not noticing what happened with Cedus. She bit her lip as Sam helped her to get Cedus' body on the speeder, before boarding it them self.
"That everyone Zafo? She asked tiredly when she gripped his hand as he helped her on.
"Yeah, Dinin got a knock to the head, and Gunnar is a bit shocked, bit yeah all on board"

The speeder gave a lurch as it took off, surprising both squads and the gamorreans. They escaped successfully, though it was not yet over.

"Get in the ship, quick." Ordered Zafo, as he jumped from the speeder that asisted them with their escape His eyes automatically searched for his NightFalcon. Right behind him a huge shuttle's shadows loomed over them. Ready to pick them up and get back to Tadath.

"Come on, move it dammit!" yelled Zafo slamming his fists on the dashboard. They just boarded.
"Where is Cedus! Jay is seriously injured," yelled one of the Knights. Judging by his rank and looks, he was a fresh recruit just about to learn what type of contract he signed, when he signed up. The Private kept glancing around in a fruitless search, before he noticed the body in Sam's arms.

"Sarge?" he asked, disbelief showing in his eyes. The relief that sounded moments before glad to have reached the shuttle's inside was gone. Everyone's attention snapped up, searching for a reason why the atmosphere changed. Small and big intakes of breaths followed shortly, everyone noticing the fallen body that hung limply and lifeless.

"He didn't make it" muttered Hellra, finalising his death, and sweeping away the comfort of that a mistake must have been made.
With everything packed, and everyone onboard, the engines started. And just in time, from out the windows Hellra saw the dozens of shadows storming their base, hurling their axes at the ship, but it merely bounced off as the captain activated the shields.

The journey back was silent, the Knights were mourning over their dead Squad Leader, while the Dragoons were all silently preparing themselves for Rizzit and his reaction to their failure in completing their mission objectives.

Hellra kept pacing up and down in front off the small medical bay where Gio and Garet were. She failed the mission, and she still had to talk with Garet.

With a squad leader's death in her hands, as well as mission failure things weren't looking to bright.

/END STORY/

If you want to make an extra post about arriving on Tadath, or your ride back to Tadath, feel free to do so, sorrt if the post was a bit rushed or crap, I had a writer's block

-----------------------
-Dark-Dragoons-

Evani
ComNet Member

Evani

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  970
January 28, 2006 2:42:50 PM    View the profile of Evani 
crap, sorry, wrong topic
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited January 28, 2006 2:43:53 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Ventures to Pzob {Dark Dragoons}  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:43:16 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 55  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >