Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)
Splinter_Seal
ComNet Cadet

Splinter_Seal

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  228
Total Posts:  241
  RE: The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)
August 6, 2005 1:41:18 PM    View the profile of Splinter_Seal 

After a couple of minutes , they hear flowing water. "Well, what-do-you-know." remarked Darr. The three walked up to the stream. It was large, but the current wasn't very strong at all.

"Someone give Yill our location." commanded Hellra as she went to get some wood. Darr looked at Splinter. "Fine." Splinter said unenthusicastically.

"Moonbeam this is Blue Lancer, locstat over.
    "Blue Lancer this is Moonbeam, send over."
    "Moonbeam, Blue Lancer, Alpha: Blue Element, Bravo: Umm..near a river, Charlie: Halted, Delta: North, roughly.
    "Moonbeam, Blue Lancer, roger, over."
    "Blue Lancer this is Moonbeam, out."

Splinter never did a RATEL before, and was wondering if he did it right. CRACK! Splinter jumped. " It's ok," said Hellra. " I just cut down a tree. Splinter and Darr ran to her. She was already chopping it into pieces with her virbroblade.

Soon, the pieces were ready to be tied. The three Lancers took out some cables with hooks on the ends, from their belts. Darr gabbed the hook on the side of the soon to be raft and rapped the cable around the logs. Hellra and Splinter did the same. " Ok.." remarked Splinter. "Who is going to carry it?" Hellra and Darr slightly smiled under their helmets. After a short silence Hellra spoke up. "We all are."

After dropping the raft a couple times, they were at the waters edge. "Who wants to get on the crappy raft first?" asked Splinter, with slight sarcasim in his voice. " Ok, I will."Splinter jumpped on it. "It seems alright." Splinter said. All of a sudden he fell into the water. Hellra and Darr laughed, while Splinter helplessly got ashore. "Why do I have to be the funny one." said Splinter under his breath.

Then, they all got on carefully. "Wait we forget to make paddles." said Hellra. Darr, got off the rocking raft and retrieved some paddles. "How'd you do that?" asked Splinter. "I, for one, think ahead of time." Splinter and Hellra looked at each other and shrugged.

After stuggling to get off shore, they paddled to soon figure that they were sinking. "OH, CRAP!!" yelled Splinter. "Just paddle fast." commanded Hellra. They made progress, but the raft successfully fell to the bottom of the large stream. They all tried to swim in their suits, which was found difficult. Darr and Hellra soon got to shore, but Splinter was still struggling. Then, again, they laughed at him uncontrolablely. After Splinter got ashore, they stoppped laughing. suddenly, there was a very loud roar. "It's one of those things we ran into earlier." said Darr after there was silence. "Look there it is!" Said Hellra pointing at it. Splinter aimed at it emidiately. It started to run at them. Splinter shot twice. One hit it in the shoulder, which didn't do much damage. The second shot hit in the weak part of it's chest. It fell down. "Let's see if its dead." said Splinter.

They all walked up to the corpes. It suddenly twitched and they all shot at it instinctively. "Its dead now." remarked Darr. Then, a twig snapped behind them. The three Lancers looked back..It was another one. Before Splinter could raised his gun. The creature struck him down...

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-

TRP/PFC Splinter_Seal/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

Look at this site daily for new pictures of my cat "Dean"
[This message has been edited by Splinter_Seal (edited August 6, 2005 3:02:50 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  75
Total Posts:  1587
August 6, 2005 3:13:27 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Had to go before I could post, Someone else can take the next one

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
TRP/:LCPL Darr-Rann/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]

LANCE CORPRAL
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
The original Vast Empire Medic (The first one not to get booted out, anyways)
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited August 6, 2005 4:29:53 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  455
Total Posts:  3141
August 6, 2005 7:23:40 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
Darr-Rann hastily lifted his rifle to take aim, but it wasn't needed. Splinters have instinctively grabbed his blaster-pistol just as the predator jumped on him. Just like Hellra did previously he jammed the barrel in its stomach, and pulled trigger.

The large animal collapsed on Splinter disabling him to move. He groaned, blood seeping in the ground from a gash that the animal did.
"Darr, lets get this thing off him" they rushed to Splinter's side, and quickly rolled the animal off Splinter.
Hellra stepped back to let Darr-Rann inspect Splinter. He pressed various points and veins trying to determine if everything functioned normal.
"My left foot" muttered Splinter. Darr-Rann nodded, he carefully slipped Splipped Splinter's once white army boot from his swollen ankle.
"Ok, Splinter, tell me when it hurts" orderdd Darr-Rann in a firm voice.
Splinter was lying propped up on his elbows, his face furrowed in pain.
Darr-Rann stretched the toes slowly backwards; he looked up to see to see any reaction from Splinter. He continued various points and bones on the foot, before he stood up.
"He didn't break anything, but one of his ligaments, and a muscle is stretched"
"You think he will be able to walk?" asked Hellra.
They both looked at Splinter who was now standing, leaning on his to-short rifle.
"Well, with his spirit, yes, but we want to prevent him from damaging it further" said Darr-Rann went over to help Splinter get around, getting used to the pain that throbbed in his foot while Hellra talked with Yillis.

"Moonbeam this is Blue Technical, incident report over"
"Blue technical, this Moonbeam, send over"
Moonbeam, Blue technical. Alpha: blue element, Bravo: 04: 21, Charlie:  fortyfive degrees northeast, running river, Delta: three, Echo: unknown predatory attacked, same as last, Foxtrot:, same as last, Golf: We are moving north east for further testing and experimenting, Hotel: leaped also from shadows"
"Blue technical, Moonbeam, incidenttrep received"
"Moonbeam this is blue technical, out"

Hellra closed the link, and trudged over to Splinter, before she reached him, her link watch however beeped again.
"Blue technical, this is Moonbeam over" cracked Yillis's voice through.
"This is blue technical over," answered Hellra back.
"You do know what we should exactly right?" asked Yillis.
"We must practise RATEL," answered Hellra.
"Yes, and reach the camp that is actually a rebel camp, destroy" then meet at the main camp, that is seventy-five degrees west to you," ordered Yillis.
"Moonbeam this is blue technical over" Hellra sighed; she looked over to Splinter and Darr-Rann both talking about something.
A blustery wind suddenly picked up, rippling the grass in waves around them almost flattening it. Hellra looked up.
"Great, the SIM, is changing," she grumbled.
"Guys, Yillis, said we need to infiltrate a rebel base, destroy them, and meet them further up north-east," stated Hellra. Darr-Rann and Splinter's face immediately lit up at the prospect of killing Rebels.
Suddenly Splinter paled. But he continued talking cheerily as if nothing was wrong, though his words were the exact opposite.
"How far are we from the rebel base?" he asked cheerily.
"Not far, why?" asked Hellra.
"Well, I think I saw a couple of shadows move behind those bushes and trees, I think its rebels, but don't do any movement that might give away that we realise they are here" ordered Splinter as if nothing was wrong though sweat trickled from his face from beneath his helmet.
"Ok, we need to think fast," said Darr-Rann worriedly.
"Darr see those rocks and boulders behind Splinter?" asked Hellra, Darr-Rann who facing Splinter in the face nodded as he saw the almost black rocks.
"I want you to duck behind them, tackle Splinter behind it in to, or just sling him in there, we are in open range, so we need to make this a quick as possible" ordered Hellra.
"What about you?" asked Splinter worriedly.
"I am jumping with you, but I don't have the strength to move you, Darr makes up for that though, on my count guys...one...two...THREE!"

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
-=Lancer Squad=- -=EL=- -=Blue Technical=-
EL/LCPL Hellra/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 7, 2005 4:34:03 AM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  469
August 9, 2005 1:47:38 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
Hellra ducked behind the bushes dropping her helmet in the process. She cursed softly as Splinter toppled almost on top her, courtesy of Darr-Rann's tackle. Seconds after their jump, blasts started pelting the dark rock, making pieces of rocks and debris splintering away.
Splinter ignored the pain that shot from his ankle; he grabbed his rifle and aimed at the new threat. His face was scrunched up in concentrating, his elbows creating small craters in the ground as he aimed leaning on them.
Darr-Rann quickly rolled away from Hellra and Splinter, to the other side of the boulder, while Hellra stood up straight to aim over the boulder and not from the side.

Her head wavered for a few seconds above it before she ducked, missing the death shots meant to penetrate her skull. She quickly tried to peer over the large boulder again.
Her eyes narrowed in concentration trying to count the shadows that crept through the trees and stopped to aim at them. Hellra fell back against the rock staring in front of her gasping for breath, they were trapped in their current position.
"Shit, crap, damn scums don't know when to stop they?" cursed Hellra loudly as she popped her head back again above the boulder.
"Darr, how about some grenades!" shouted Hellra through the blasts.
Darr didn't look at her or replied in anyway, instead he quickly dove back in the shady defence of the boulder and rummaged through his bag for anything that might help them.
How about this?" asked Darr-Rann holding a Spore B grenade.
"Anything that might help us from this useless position" said Hellra grabbing it from Darr-Rann's hand. He immediately resumed his previous position to continue eliminating the rebels.
She shot back to her previous engagement. But instead of shooting she was estimating the distance between them and the rebels. She ducked back to the ground.
Okay, I am going to throw this grenade; it has a thirty meter radius, so when I say run we run...Splinter, you will have to lean on us...got it?" asked Hellra shouting. Splinter and Darr-Rann nodded, each to occupied with shooting, but they were both ready to jump when Hellra gave the call.
A few seconds passed as the small war raged, while nothing seriously happened to them, rebels were falling in their tracks thanks to most of Splinter and Darr-Rann's shooting skills.
Darr-Rann jumped from his daze of aiming, reloading and shooting as Hellra yelled for them to run. He grabbed Splinter around the waist and vaguely felt Hellra's arms also supporting Splinter.
Behind them rebels could be heard moaning and screaming in pain at the grenade, their rifles thrown aside forgotten, the forest once again blessed with it's natural silence.

Splinter tripped slightly over the roots as Hellra and Darr-Rann dragged him inwards the forest. He was lucky to have only stretched his muscles but it was still an obstacle of functioning at full capacity.
"Stop, or we shoot!" rang a voice suddenly out through the dense bushes and trees.
They came to an immediate halt knowing the sincerity of the threat.
Splinter gazed around him as leaves rustled loudly when fifteen men stepped from behind the bushes.

"This is moonbeam to blue technical" crackled Yillis's voive suddenly over Hellra's wristcom.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 9, 2005 1:51:26 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  87
Total Posts:  814
August 9, 2005 4:21:11 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny, meanwhile, was with her element, tracking down the other communcation camp, stopped because Yillis had to check on progress, when Yillis got no replies, I said nervously:
"Sir, what should we do, we can't just let the rebel bastards take our buddies."
"But we have to stick with our objective and so do they and I know Hellra and the guys can handle themselves even if they're captured so let's go." Yillis replied confidently as we moved on.
Soon we came upon a patrol, couple of rebel troopers, taking a smoke, we stopped in a nearby bush. I quickly whispered to Yillis:
"Sir, I think we should take them out but we don't know how many are out there."
"Well, then let's take them out quietly," Yillis said as he signaled for everyone to take out their vibroblades, "Red Lancer 1, Red Lancer 2, you know what to do."
Soon Jenny and Vint was ready. With their vibroblades, they both walked over to the standing rebels who were just talking to each other, they weren't facing Jenny and Vint, so it was all going according to plan until Vint stepped on a branch near one of the rebels' foot.
"They're here, the imperials are--" A rebel started to yell as Jenny quickly shuted him up by slicing his neck and said after wards:
"Do be more careful next time, Vint, or we may be captured like Hellra and his element."
"Sorry, I didn't notice the branch there." Vint replied, also cutting the other rebel by the neck but not before the rebel fired in the air.
"Goddamn it, when I say kill them quietly, I didn't mean letting them yell or letting them fire!!" Yillis yelled as Jenny and Vint returned to the bush that red element was hiding behind.
Suddenly, a squad of rebels came upon the bodies and was nearing the bush that red element was hiding.

-----------------------
Private First Class Jennabelle
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-
TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  428
Total Posts:  1598
August 9, 2005 7:45:19 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
Yillis yelled to Vint and Jenny, "Both of you get down!"

Jenny and Vint dropped to the forest floor as the first shots from the rebels blasters roared over their heads.

"Shit, get over here," yelled Yillis again after firing a few shots back.

Jenny and Vint crawled on their backs toward Yillis' hiding spot.

When Jenny and Vint finally got into a safe sitting positions Yillis told them his plan, "Ok, I'm going to go around and try and get behind them, you stay here and lay down LOTS of cover fire. When I tell you to, stop all shooting until I tell you to start again, ok?"

"Yes Corporal."

Yillis waiting until Jenny and Vint laid down a massive amount of covering fire and he took off in a circle to get behind the Rebels. After a few minutes he finally got into a clear shot position. There were 5 Rebels left, Jenny and Vint killing 4 between them. Yillis spoke into his wristcom, "Stop firing!"

Yillis jumped onto his feet and unloaded into the Rebels that were still alive. He got two of them before the others turned around to fire on him. Yillis dropped and yelled into his wristcom, "NOW! GO GO GO!"

Jenny and Vint jumped out of their hiding spot and managed to kill the rest of the rebels.

After checking to see if they all were dead, Yillis started to speak, "Well done guys, I'm proud of you."

Before they could answer, Yillis' wristcom crackled to life, "Sunray to Moonbeam, Moonbeam come in."

"Moonbeam here, what's up Sarge?"

"You got a new guy, Cruroar. He'll be Red Lancer 3 temporarily, since Knightwind is on leave."

"Got it. That it?"

"Yup, Sunray out."

After the connection closed, the air beside Yillis started to shimmer and then a rift in time seemed to open. As quick as it started, it ended and there was a shining Imperial Stormtrooper, and then it spoke, "Private First Class, Cruroar, reporting for duty."

"Welcome Cruroar, I assume TK briefed you?"

"Yup."

"Ok let's go then."

-----------------------
Corporal Yillis
-=Lancer Squad=- -=ASL=- -=Moonbeam=-
ASL/CPL Yillis/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [WM]
Rep/GameRep Yillis/GameRep: 6/Gaming Division/VET /VE
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  475
August 10, 2005 9:01:56 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Helra swore loudly at the current position her element was in. Shortly after Yillis communicated with them, the rebels expertly 'disengaged' their wrist coms.
Luckily on their way to the rebel base, Darr-Rann fake stumbled and dropped his bag, with most of their equipment preventing it from getting confiscated.
She ignored the gruff voice that suddenly entered the tent she was kept in. It was the same rebel that trapped them; his robust build reminded her of her Spec lecturer; Giant.  He seemed to ignore her as he collected something from the desk that stood opposite her. If she could only reach it, but the primitive ropes gnawing at her wrists prevented her from doing so. She cursed again; they haven't talked to her since she was literally thrown on the ground. She was really worried about her fellow Lancers, especially Splinter.

As soon as he disappeared  through the greenish-brown tent flap, she continued her vicious struggle with the ropes that bound her. She stopped for a few seconds to gain her breath back. Luckily they haven't fastened her to a pole like some animal. It was just her legs and arms.
This seemed to give Hellra an idea; she started rolling on her sides to the desk that stood in front of her. 

Darr-Rann grunted as he was thrown to the ground, his hands ached when he threw them in front of them to break his fall. He shook his head to get rid of the dizzy feeling that occupied it. He jumped from his fallen position and charged the rebel behind him. The rebel seemed to have expected this and parried Darr-Rann's fist with his rifle. Darr-Rann screamed as the bone in his fingers broke at the impact of the blow he threw. The rebel stumbled back at Darr-Rann's strength. Darr-Rann pulled his left injured hand back in reflex, at the same time throwing out his right hand and grabbed the rifle from the rebel&

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 10, 2005 9:03:09 AM)]
CruroarRendell
ComNet n00b

CruroarRendell

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  10
August 10, 2005 3:10:41 PM    View the profile of CruroarRendell 
Cruroar trudged along the virtual forest He paused and looked at Yillius.
"Em what s with those filth Rebels. All this for a RATEL mission?"  Yillius nodded,

"Well it does come in handy for practicing it. " Cruroar gave a slight nod.

"Yeah I suppose."  he said as they continued on. He clasped on to his rifle scanning the area before him. The virtual world was odd, he could feel the wind but it didn t feel like wind.

"Rendell, mind telling us about yourself while we walk." 
Cruroar shook his head,

"If there are more filth then I may give away our position. I ll tell you when the training is over"  he said giving a weak smile.

As they continued on Cruroar said

, "Though I m not to keen on sharing my past. A lot of things have happened, and I prefer living in the moment."  he said coldly. He twirled his blaster and then asked Yillius

, "TK briefed me quickly where are we going again. '' Yillius replied in a whisper

,  "Head to a rebel camp and destroy, and of course practice RATEL."  Cruroar nodded and saw a straggling Rebel soldier. Yillius motioned for them to get behind cover. Cruroar did as instructed and unloaded a flurry of bullets. The Rebel soldier fell with ease and Cruroar wondered out loud

"Why was he alone?"
[This message has been edited by CruroarRendell (edited August 10, 2005 3:22:33 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  91
August 10, 2005 4:40:16 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"I don't know but --" Jenny said as more blasterfire came out of the trees, it seems they were near the comm camp because it was lots of rebels that came. "Oh crap!!! Looks like a whole platoon of them, crap!"

"Jenny you okay?" Vint said as he went over to Jenny.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch, luckily I got down so other bullet didn't hit, looks like the rebels we met back there was a patrol, then the straggling guy comes out to see what fired upon them, rebels get answer, and now we got the whole camp upon us, this comm station must be really important to the rebels." Jenny explained as the rebels continued to fire.

"Damn, they plan to pin us and capture us or kill us, Vint, Cruroar, give me covering fire, Jenny, you and me will take them out!!" Yillis yelled as Vint then suggested:
"Sir, we should think about how many they have, backup---" Yillis stopped him and replied:

"look this is a platoon, 30-40 men, easy picking, now fire until I tell you to stop, got it?!"

"Yes Sir." Vint replied as he got ready to go.

While Vint and Cruroar were laying down the massive amount of coverfire, Jenny and Yillis flanked the enemy by going around another circle reaching the camp, then back into woods for a clear shot at the rebels remaining. Once they found a clear shot (by now, Vint and Cruroar had killed half the platoon), they started picking off the remaining rebels, Jenny had always liked shots to the head since they were kills that went right away, once the remaining 20 rebels were dead, Yillis said into the wristcom:

"You can stop firing now, we're here."

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  78
August 11, 2005 12:44:05 AM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann fired a shot at the rebel, taking him down quickly. He quickly swung the blaster rifle around in an arc, smashing the jaw of the rebel who had come to check on what was happening. Shots flung up dirt around him, but he managed to score a few hits before he moved back to a more defensive position. He looked up to see a large man running in his direction. Darr-Rann swore to himself and tried to shoot down the man before he reached him. Normally he would be up for some hand-to-hand combat, but with a broken hand, it wouldn't be easy.
"Stop you bastard!"  the huge man said, drawing a vibroblade.
Darr-Rann moved back, dropping the blaster rifle in his hand, reaching for a hidden pocket in his armor. "Take this!" he activated and threw the small vibrodagger, the blade plunging into the Rebel's shoulder.
The large man just growled and withdrew the weapon, his blood spraying all over himself. "Die!" he swung the blade down, dust being shot into the air by the weapons vibrations as it dug into the earth were Darr-Rann had been standing a moment before.
Darr-Rann turned to face another rebel who was approaching with another vibroblade from behind. Thinking fast, he grabbed the man and spun him around quickly, using him as a shield against his enemies blade. Blood spurting all over Darr-Rann as the rebel was gored by his larger ally. Grabbing the vibroblade from the now-dead attacker, he raised it to block the incoming attack. "Damn you!" he called out as he was knocked back, only having one hand to block the two handed-blow

"Dammit!" he called out, springing forwards, slicing quickly at his enemy. The man met his attack, and they locked blades. The large man grinned and used both of his hands to push Darr-Rann back. Darr-Rann ducked, bringing his blade so that the two weapons met at were their blades protruded from their hilts. The weapons shook, and Darr-Ranns went flying out of his hand. It had the desired effect though, and his opponents weapon stopped vibrating from the damage caused by the lock.
The rebel grinned and stabbed forwards, Darr-Rann tried to move back, but he suddenly felt the pain of the blade slashing into his shoulder. "Ahh!" he screamed as he was thrown back by the blow, hitting the ground painfully. The man withdrew the blade and readied to finish his opponent off.
Suddenly a blaster shot rang out, and the man gasped in pain, Falling to his knees. A second shot hit the back of his head, finishing him off. Darr-Rann looked to see Hellra facing him with a Blaster Rifle in her hand. "Thanks." he said, making himself a makeshift bandage and looking down at his arm. "First the hand, now the shoulder. Good thing this isn't real or this arm would be ruined."
Hellra handed him a blaster rifle, and they ran for cover as their enemies opened fire again. "Now we need to get Splinter..." She said. "Can't believe this happened..." Darr-Rann looked at her. "At least we've learned a ton about RATEL." he said sarcastically. "Shut up..." she said, trying herself not to laugh at the situation.
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited August 12, 2005 2:38:33 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  442
August 12, 2005 6:44:59 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
"Ok, I think this base is pretty empty, seeing as we killed most everyone that was supposed to be guarding it. We're going to go straight in, silently. Bayonets on, follow my lead."

The Element members had already took out their bayonets and were screwing them on before Yillis had even finished speaking.

"One more thing, we cease radio contact as of right now," switching between element and squad broadcast, Yillis spoke again, "Red Element, commencing Radio silence."

TK responded, "Copy that Moonbeam, carry on"

Yillis motioned for his element to start following him. They came out of the woods and into the clearing with some makeshift rebel's tents, and a small building which was obviously the radio tower. They ran silently up to a tent where they all kneeled out of sight. Yillis pointed to the tower, then did a slicing motion across his throat. The rest of the element nodded in agreement. Yillis peeked around the tent and pulled his head back quickly, holding up two fingers to the element. Yillis pointed to Cruroar, and then pointed out to where he saw the enemies. Yillis and Cru both got into sprinting positions and Yillis started counting down on his fingers, three, two, one, and both Lancers took off running. Yillis took the nearest Rebel down by impaling the bayonet into the back of the neck. The dyeing Rebel let out a gurgling cough, making the farther Rebel start to turn around. Cruroar was still a few feet away when the rebel caught site of him. Cruroar launched himself into the air, diving at the rebels head. The rebel, stricken with fear watched as Cru nearly rose directly overtop him, until Cru neatly flipped in the air and drove the bayonet cleanly into the rebels eye, letting go of the rifle, and landing on all fours, while hardly making a sound.

Luckily for Yillis, he was wearing a helmet to keep his jaw from hitting the floor at Cruroar's moves. Instead Yillis gave him a thumbs up sign and motioned for the rest of the element to come out and they all ran towards the communications tower.

They got to the door, and Yillis motioned for Vint to crash the door and jenny to cover him. Vint got read to kick the door in and drop to the floor, as Jenny aimed over his shoulder. Hoping they would kill everyone inside before someone reached the alarm; Yillis motioned for Vint to do it.

The door went crashing in and Jenny shot twice into the chest of a Rebel trooper just past the doorway. The element ran inside over Vint and scanned the room then spread out through the small building, checking the three rooms. Cruroar found one trooper who was about to broadcast an alarm but just before the rebel could reach the transmit button, Cru put one shot into his head, then two more into his back.

The rest of the element came into the main communications room, where Cru was, and Yillis spoke into his wristcom, "Sunray this is Moonbeam, sitrep over"

"Moonbeam this is Sunray, give it to me"
"Sunray, Moonbeam, Alpha: Red Echo, Bravo: 1453, Charlie: Rebel Base One, Delta: four, Echo: Objective Completed. Foxtrot: None. Golf: None, Hotel: We have control of the Communications Tower"
"Moonbeam, Sunray, roger over"
"Sunray this is Moonbeam, out"

-----------------------
Corporal Yillis
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  82
August 13, 2005 3:42:36 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
    Darr-Rann and Hellra Fired a few shots back at the rebels, looking around for their third companion. Suddenly Hellra saw him. Staying low, they made their way to were Splinter was being held by a handful of soldiers. "That can't be good for his foot..." Darr-Rann said as he watched them drag him away.

Hellra looked at him, raising her fingers to count down. Three... Two... One... They ran at to their friend's aid, firing a flurry of blaster bolts at the rebels holding him. Freed, Splinter grabbed a blaster rifle from a fallen Rebel and fired at the enemies closest to him. in A matter of seconds the fight was over.

"About time..." Splinters said, grabbing a blaster pack from a Rebels body and reloading his weapon. "Lets see... We're wounded, poorly armed, and cut off from communication. I think we're doing great." he said sarcastically.

"Shut it splinter!" said Hellra. "Communications... We're supposed to take over the communications tower." She said, pointing at the large structure about Twenty meters to their left. "Lets go, before more rebels find us."

They entered the tower, quickly dispatching the pair of guards we ran to meet them. Entering, they started to proceed towards the elevator to the control room. "Wirrr..." the sound of Mechanics rang out  on either side of the room. "Wall mounted turrets!" Splinter cried out as he jumped aside, blaster bolts tearing up the floor. Darr-Rann shot at one, damaging the casing that held it in place. Splinter finished it off, sending a deadly spray at it.

"damn..." Hellra muttered as she ducked under the firing area of the other one, just avoiding its fire. Jumping up, she grabbed onto it and stabbed it with her vibroblade, sparks flying everywhere as it burst into flame.

"That was annoying..." she muttered, putting away the blade as they entered the elevator.

"Hey, your not allowed in he..." A man sitting at the controls said, suddenly reaching for a button labeled 'alarm'. Darr-Rann smashed the man over the head with his good hand, throwing him off the chair. "It's all yours." he said, pointing at the chair.

"Sunray this is Blue Technical, over."
"Blue technical, This is Sunray, copy over."
", Charlie: Rebel Base, Echo: Objective Completed. Hotel: We have control of the Communications Tower"

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
TRP/:LCPL Darr-Rann/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]

LANCE CORPRAL
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
one of few -  A vast Empire medic
TK-112
ComNet Veteran

TK-112

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  1035
Total Posts:  1086
August 13, 2005 9:59:59 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
Fifteen minutes have passed...

TK sat in his room as he finished off his paperwork. "Aah the glories of being a squad leader" He said to himself as stood up and stretched. TK stared at the datapad's screen and dozed off.

"BEEP BEEP! YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE!" His datapad loudly informed him.

TK was abruptly woken up as he fell off his chair. "Owww! What now!" TK grunted. He looked at the screen and saw that he has received a message from TJ. "This better be good!" TK angrily spoke out to himself. He swiftly got up and opened the message.

TO: Senior Sergeant TK-112

I am hereby approving your training syllabus, stay active!

Regards,
Colonel TJ

"Oh finally! Took them a while just to approve a document" TK muttered. He looked at his copy of the training syllabus and skimmed down to module 2. "Hmm, Early Physical Fitness Assesment and Equipment Proficiency" TK loudly read out. TK looked at the time and realised that the squad was about to come back soon and decided to cook for them. He walked off to the barrack's kitchen and pulled out all sorts of cooking materials. He pulled out his trusty field recipe book and opened it to a page which says Freeze-dried nuna soup.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman - Master Chef
-=Lancer Squad=- -=SL=- -=Sunray=-
SL/SSG TK-112/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA] [SoS] [GRoM]

Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  494
August 14, 2005 7:40:10 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Hellra sighed at Darr-Rann violent way of getting rid of people; she walked over to him where he stood looking over the controls. She felt something move against her foot. It was the unfortunate rebel victim to Darr-Rann. She tapped her feet against his head. A graon escaped his lips. Hellra shrugged.

"So, what is happening now?" asked Splinter, he was leaning tiredly against the wall.
"Well, we have to get rid of the remaining rebels I suppose" answered Darr-Rann, they both looked at Hellra expectantly.
"Hmm, Splinter I am going to leave you here, to await any for further orders from Yillis. Darr, you are coming with me, we can get rid of the rest of the rebels that is in this building, we don't any interveners" ordered Hellra.

"Wait, what if one of or two comes in here while you are gone?" asked Splinter as Darr-Rann and Hellra aimed for the door.
"Good point," answered Hellra, she stopped in her tracks to think of an plan.
"I could always rewire the door's controls," she suggested.
It seemed Darr-Rann and Splinter neither had a clue what she was going on about.
Hellra continued her short walk to the door. She left through the narrow opening and the door closed with a soft hiss.

Darr-Rann and Splinter looked at each other, then back to the door.
A muffled voice suddenly sounded from the other side
"Darr, open the door please!" shouted Hellra.
Confused Darr-Rann did as Hellra asked, before the door was properly open Hellra squeezed through the opening space back in the control room.
"Hell, mind telling us what is going on?" asked Spliner.
"Ya sure" replied Hellra, as she motioned them to get nearer to her. She pointed to the pad that was placed in the wall on left side of the door.
The door has these pads on both sides, to open the door room both sides, and they are both connected to each other, so I just clipped some wires, and rewired it, so the door doesn't respond to any outside orders anymore. It can only be opened from the control room," explained Hellra.
"Sweet, let met guess, Combat engineer spec?" asked Darr-Rann grinning. Hellra nodded.
"Lets stop wasting time and get going, see you later Splint!" called Hellra as she and Darr-Rann stepped through the doorway.

Hellra and Darr-Rann slipped around the corners of the small building taking lone rebels out as silently as possible equipped with only their vibroblades.
While Hellra distracted them by toying with them, Darr-Rann killed them in their distraction.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
EL/LCPL Hellra/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C]
Jennabelle
ComNet Initiate

Jennabelle

Post Number:  104
August 14, 2005 4:24:17 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
----at the same time----
Yillis was about to call Hell's channel for the whole squad to join back together when he heard Darr transmit a message to TK about blue element capturing the other comm camp.

"Well sir, they seem to have completed their objective, suggestion to gather them together." Vint suggested as he looked over in the direction of the other comm camp.

"I was already thinking of it, Private, now please don't talk when I'm trying to do something." Yillis replied as Vint apologized and Yillis proceeded to send a radio transmission to Splint, who was occupied with the radio:

"Blue Lancer, this is Moonbeam, over."
Splinter immediately replied on the radio:
"Moonbeam, Blue Lancer listening, over."
"What is your status?"
"Well, we made it out, we have captured the comm base as you may have heard and Blue Technical and Lifesaver is currently onto clearing the base, when the camp is clear, Blue Technical will come to talk to you, how about you guys?"
"Well, we're fine, just came out of killing a couple of teams of rebels and patrols too, but wasn't captured, our comm camp is secured and I was thinking of linking up the squad to get to our main objective which is the capture of the main rebel encampment, which I'm sure will be difficult to capture."
"Not a bad suggestion, Moonbeam, alright, Blue Lancer out."

---After the radio transmission---
"Well, we'll have to wait for them to secure the base, then talk to Hellra, so anyone interested in telling their life stories." Cruroar said as he turned to Jenny. "How about you, Jenny?"
"Well, my parents were killed by bounty hunters, they were hunted very much, we had to move a lot," Jenny replied, "When they were assassinated, my sister, Freje Altex, Altex, by the way is my last name, went to become a jedi to have peace and justice and hope to end all conflict within the republic, pathetic.
"Anyway, I decided to upon revenge, weilding my parents' pocessions, including a blaster pistol and rifle, I killed the sons of bitches and that was my revenge. after the only thing I thought of was to serve the Imperials, since the dark side was much stronger and more powerful than the light, so I joined the army and here I am. Anyone else like to share their life-stories?" 
-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 15, 2005 3:04:35 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  457
August 15, 2005 6:06:32 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
"No Jenny, we don't have time for that. We're going head northeast and wait for them there. We need both Elements efforts to take this base down."

Yillis' Element started to walk northeast to await Hellra's Element.

---Meanwhile&---

Darr-Rann spoke to Hellra, "I think that's the last of them, lets go get Splinter."

Hellra and Darr went back to the com tower and sent a message to Yillis.

"Moonbeam we're through here, we're starting our trek to meet you at Point Alpha."

"Got it Blue Technical."

Hellra and Darr started to leave when Splinter spoke up, "Guys I'm gonna need a bit of help here."

Darr replied, "Oopsie, I forgot."

Hellra and Darr helped splinter down and out the com building where splinter said he could handle it from now on.

Hellra checked her directions and proceeded into one direction motioning for Darr and Splinter to follow.

---20 minutes later At the Point Alpha---

"Yillis, when did Blue Element leave?"

"Around 20 minutes ago, they should be here any minute."

Suddenly Yillis whipped out his twin Kylan-3's and aimed at the woods. Then a stormtroopers head poker through the bushes, "Yillis, stop pointing those guns at me."

"Well I wouldn't have if you had let me know your coming. Enough about that. We have just a few hours to complete this mission, didn't know it was timed did ya? Everyone should know what to do, let's get going."

Red Element took off first, a bit west to get on the west side of the camp, while Blue rested. The plan was to let blue make a distraction, while red infiltrated the base.

-----------------------
Corporal Yillis
Jennabelle
ComNet Initiate

Jennabelle

Post Number:  108
August 16, 2005 3:40:33 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
------20 minutes later-------
Everyone in red element was checking their weapons as they walked to point bravo, the place west of the camp Yillis thought was a good place for assault, when Yillis was recieving an incoming message in his wristcom:
"Lifesaver to Moonbeam, we're ready, over."
Yillis immediately replied quietly, there were a couple of rebel guards nearby so he had to talk silently:
"Moonbeam to Lifesaver, get into position for distraction, tell us when you're ready."
"Right, Lifesaver out."
-----Meanwhile, in blue element------
"Let's go, you heard the man, we need to reach point charlie where we'll set up a distraction." Darr ordered as they moved out.
-----10 minutes later-----
there was contact with both elements, a couple of guards out on patrol, both squad leaders decided to play it quietly or it would ruin their plan. Yillis ordered Jenny and Cruroar to take out their vibroblades and kill the patrols, meanwhile, Darr ordered his squad to do the same thing, for this wasn't the distraction that they wanted.

the volunteers for both squads took out the patrols, red element waited for blue element to contact them so they can move on. Soon there was a incoming transmission from Darr:

"Lifesaver to Moonbeam, we have reached the point charlie, awaiting orders."
"Moonbeam to Lifesaver, roger that, do you see an armory?"
"Yes, sir, there is an armory near some barracks up ahead, what are your orders?"
"Blow it up, that should distract them enough so we can attack---"
"With what sir, we don't have enough explosives!" Hellra came on the line quickly as Splinter tried to shush her.
"Keep it down, Blue Technical, and, Lifesaver, see if you and others could find some leftover explosives in the armory, Blue Technical, you'll hotwire those explosives to blow at the push of a button, but try any rebels there, we don't want them disabling the explosives before the armory blows.
"So to summize, get to the armory, kill all rebels there, set up explosives, including the hotwired explosives stolen from the armory, get out, and blow it, that should be enough of a distraction so me and my element can attack, Moonbeam out."

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  95
August 16, 2005 9:24:18 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
    "Alright, lets get this organized." Hellra turned to face Splinter. "You stay up here and provide cover fire from the outside. Your leg injury means you wont be able to run fast if we need to flee or escape from an accidental explosion..."
Hellra grabbed her gear and continued. "And I'll take Darr-Rann with me to help fight off any enemies who try to stop us." she said, Setting off down the hill.
"If we don't contact you every twenty minutes, radio Yillis or TK." she said, turning around to face Splinter. The soldier nodded, and they proceeded to their goal.

As they walked inside, they looked around the large room for enemies. "There's a cluster of them over there, but it seems to be about it." Darr-Rann said, pointing to where he mentioned. "Alright, lets hit em' fast and get to planting those explosives..." Hellra held up her hand, counting down with his fingers. Five... Four... Three... Two... One...
"Flash-bang!" Darr-Rann warned, throwing it at the group of Rebels. Both he and Hellra shielded their eyes against the light, then charged forwards, firing their blaster rifles at the group of blinded soldiers. In a matter of moments, the entire group was down.

"Okay, while I plant these explosives, radio Splinter and TK to let them know we're okay."

"Lifesaver to Boomer, and Sunray over."

"Lifesaver, this is Sunray, over."

"Lifesaver, this Boomer, over."

"Um, I don't mean to interrupt, but there is a squad of soldiers heading your way."

"Dammit, it looks like in a few moments we're going to have company, get those explosives planted!" Darr-Rann said, readying his blaster rifle. Hellra took a few moments to examine her work before backing away. "Alright, the explosives are set to this crate of explosives here. The chain reaction should send this place up in flames." They ran to the exit, readying themselves for an enemy encounter. "Splinter, get ready to shoot!" Darr-Rann quickly said into his radio, turning as he ran to face the rushing soldiers.
"Just waiting untill we get out of the blast radius..." Hellra said to Darr-Rann as they rushed up the hill, exchanging fire with the enemy.
"We are now." She said, readying the remote detonator.

The explosion shook the ground, flames shooting up into the sky as the Armory was demolished in a colossal explosion. Darr-Rann was satisfied to see the soldiers pursuing them caught in the blast. As they reached splinter, Hellra turned on her wrist-com.
"Moonbeam, this is Blue Technical, over."
"Blue Technical, this is moonbeam, copy over."
"Alpha: The armory, Bravo: Lost track, Charlie: Rebel Main base, Delta: 3 lancers, a handful of Rebels, Echo: N/A, Foxtrot: All rebels encountered eliminated, Golf: N/A, Hotel: Armory Demolished, Rebels are likely to be advancing to our position, your good to go, over"
"Roger that, over"
"Moonbeam, this is Blue Technical, out."
Hellra turned to face her element. "Well, we've done our part, now to kill any rebels who come after us." Darr-Rann and Splinter nodded in acknowledgment, and they waited.
-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
EL/LCPL Darr-Rann/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]

LANCE CORPRAL
BLUE ELEMENT LEADER
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
one of few - A vast Empire medic
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited August 18, 2005 2:45:18 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Initiate

Jennabelle

Post Number:  110
August 18, 2005 4:13:22 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"Good job, Hellra." Jenny said over the radio as she follow Yillis with his element to clear the camp of any soldiers leftover and to check with blue element.
"Thanks, Jenny, you too." Hellra said as she rested a bit.
Yillis quickly made contact with Darr as Darr looked at leg:

"Moonbeam to Blue Technical, over."
"Lifesaver to Moonbeam, go ahead, over."
"how are you guys holding up, Hellra?"
"Splinter's got a leg hurt, but Darr doesn't think it's broken, I'll take care of anybody investigating so you guys can relax there, but just send someone to help me just in case, I also need someone to be on the lookout for a medic pack."
"Right, we'll get right on that."

Once Yillis was done with the analysis, he gathered up his squad and ordered:
"Right, I just got off the radio with Hellra, alright here's the situtation, Darr's taking care of Hellra, so we need a voluteer to go help Splinter, anyone?"
"I'll go, sir" Jenny said as she stood up and went off to find Splinter.
"Right, now I also need someone to go find a dead medic and take his stuff for Darr."
"I'll do that, sir." Vint answered as he went off in search of a dead medic.
-----30 minutes of fighting and clearing and healing later-----

"Darr, how's splinter?" Yillis said into the radio, looking around to try to spot any stragglers.
"Well, Sir, he's all patched up and there is no stragglers as far as I see, no contacts encountered here, how about Hellra and Jenny?" Darr replyed, helping Splinter up on her feet.
"We're okay here, the only people we encountered were bunch of straggling rebels and a squad of suspicious rebels, that's about it, not much, so Yillis you can start that sitrep now." Jenny said, walking with Hellra back towards the remains of the armory in the main rebel encampment.
"Right, here I go.
"Moonbeam to Sunray, sitrep, over." Yillis said into his wristcom to TK.
TK was quick as he replyed:
"Sunray to Moonbeam, go ahead, over."
"Sunray, Moonbeam, Alpha: Lancer Sierra, Bravo: 1730, Charlie: Rebel Main Base, Delta: seven, Echo: Main objective complete, Foxtrot: None, Golf: None, Hotel we have control of all rebel encampment."
"Sunray to Moonbeam, well done, come on back to base for debriefing, out."

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 18, 2005 6:14:08 PM)]
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  599
Total Posts:  771
August 19, 2005 3:05:14 PM    View the profile of vint 
(OOC: Im really sorry that this post is so short. I have to go somewhere as of ten minutes ago.)   

The tree's started to flicker and spots of grass were vanishing revealing a steel floor. Vint put his hand up to a large oak, then pushed lightly. When the tree flickered his arm was pushed through and was then stuck. He tried to remove it but it was solid around his arm. A tree next to Jenny disappeared completely.

"A little help here?" stammered Vint, quite sure he was in a dangerous situation. Hellra ran to help keep up Vint's body which was in a weird position since his arm was twisted almost backwards.

"Sunray, immediate shutoff!" Yillis shouted into his radio.

"Whats the problem? And do you mind using RATEL?"

"Just shut it off!" Yillis shouted.

All the scenery vanished leaving a very large room. Vint dropped to the ground panting.

"You ok?" Asked Hellra.

"Yeah. It's just a little stiff..."

They all started towards the exit.

"Im hungry. I wonder what were eating..." Splinter wondered aloud.

"Knowing TK i wouldnt waste time wondering."

"In other words, its nuna soup." Yillis put in.
  -----------------------
Go here or die. It's updated every day.
[This message has been edited by vint (edited August 19, 2005 3:21:25 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  465
August 20, 2005 2:10:11 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
The squad all returned to their respective rooms, while Yillis headed down to TK's room. Knocking only once and entering, Yillis poked TK.

"Huh..hmm..What! Oh it's just you."

"Wakey Wakey, the squad was all tired so they went straight to their rooms, eating food that you have never came close to."

"Whatever"

"Anyways, we'll give them a few days off, and then I hope you have another mission ready, preferably a real on this time."

"Maybe..."

With that TK pushed Yillis out of the room and locked the door.

Oh well, I might as well get some sleep.

-----------------------
Corporal Yillis
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:08:58 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 163  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >