Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  363
Total Posts:  1305
  RE: The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)
July 11, 2005 2:37:45 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
TK began to count down from ten. The Lancers who hadn't presented already were looking pretty uneasy.

"5..."

Giovanni looked over to Zafo, who shrugged and shot a look back at him.

"4..."

Giovanni sighed and stood up. TK stopped counting and cleared his throat.

"Hello everybody. As you all know, I am Corporal Giovanni Bryden, Fire Team Leader of the Dark Dragoon squad..." he stopped to wait for a response. In the back of the room, TK cleared his throat rather loudly and then whapped a trooper in the back of the head.

"Hello Giovanni..." droned everyone in the room.

"Well, prior to joining the Vast Empire, i was nothing more than a hoodlum transplanted from the streets of Coruscant to Chandrilla." Giovanni continued.

"As you can probably guess, growing up in a poor family in the lower levels of coruscant was about as pleasant as a 3-course meal prepared by TK..."

A couple of troopers grunted in agreement.

"I had to adapt to my harsh surroundings, or be eaten by the street gangs."

--------5 Minutes Later----------

"I slept most of the trip here... And i was pretty surprised to have an invitation...But hey, here I am"

Giovanni sat down and gave a sigh of relief.

Glad that's over...

"You guys wouldn't have anything to eat would you?" asked Gio.

"I have a couple of Nuna soup rations in my bag if you want 'em..." replied Yillis.

"Actually, i think i'll pass..." He was hungry, but he wasn't that hungry.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  1587
July 11, 2005 6:07:52 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 

TK looked around the room. "Alright, if your not going to volenteer, im gonna start picking people. He looked around the room. "Hmm... How about you, Darr?" Darr-Rann looked up then looked back down at his datapad. "I'm not talking about it." TK laughed and prodded further. "Common, it can't be that bad." Darr-Rann clenched his fists, trying to contain himself. Hellra shot TK a warning glance, but he disregarded it. "Common, tell us or you're paying for drinks tonight..."  Suddenly Darr-Rann couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Fine!" he yelled,  "You want my life's story, you got it!" He cried out. "I lived on Corellia all my life. I fought in a resistance group against the Rebels. During that time, my father disowned me because he he thought the bastards should take over." He continued  "I thought I was lost until I met my friend Keith, and Sarah&" He stood there, tears running down his face. "I loved her. We were going to be married in nine days& All of it, all of the fighting I did for her, because she was the entire world to me." He suddenly shifted back info his rage. "I couldn't save my best friend's life, which tore me apart. And then&" He paused for a moment.  "and then I saw my the love shot to death right in front of me, taking her own life to save mine!" he looked down at the floor,  not wanting everyone else to see him like he was. "I died inside that day, everyone I ever became close to having had been taken away from me, one by one!" He was shaking now, overwhelmed by all of the emotions he had locked away.

"So one day I decided to come here, hoping to be able to learn to protect the people I care about, and  one of my friends was murdered! Once again, I failed someone I cared for."  "everyone murdered by a traitor who I once had great respect for, and now I'm having to explain why I don't want to talk about it to people who I thought were my friends!" he threw his datapad hard into the wall, the device sparking as it shattered. "To sum it all up, Everyone I have cared about has died, all because of me!" He looked down at the Lance Corporal identifier that he wore. Taking it, he put it on the table." "I don't deserve This. I'll just end up failing all of you." And with that he left, leaving the room silent."

[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited July 11, 2005 7:00:51 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  319
Total Posts:  3141
July 11, 2005 6:28:07 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
The two Dragoons and the Lancers stared at the door where Darr-Rann left through. A uncomfortable silence hung in the air.
"That guy has issues" muttered TK worriedly,
"TK, continue with whatever you are planning, I am going after him" Hellra stood up aiming for the door
"What about your speech?" asked Vint stopping her.
"Personally I don't'feel like elaborating to much on my life story, and Darr needs to understand that it doesn't help to run away or repress his emotions"

"Shit!" Everyone looked up to Knightwind. He looked pale.
"Sorry guys you have to excuse me, I forgot to hand in my spec report and the dead line is today" Knightwind sprinted to the door leaving the group.
"Okay, but it doesn't excuse you from making a speech later okay?" said Yillis.
"yes, yes, ciao guys" Hellra went over the table where Darr-Rann left his Lance Corporal identifier, she picked it up and continiued through the door nearly walking in the wall next to it.

"How to find Darr, wait G7 would know" Hellra quikly got her datapad out. She had a personal communication link with G7 to keep track of things.
She waited a few minutes then turned in left down a corridor.

Hellra walked in the men's sleeping hall straight to Darr-Rann's sleeping barracks.
She barged in without knocking catching Darr-rann throwing everything he owned in a duffel bag. He turned around. His frown deepend when he sawwho it was.

"Oh its you" he turned around back to his packing.
"Darr, what happned?" asked Hellra worriedly.

"Leave me alone Hellra!" hissed Darr-Rann angrily. Hellra put a comforting hand on his shoulder only to get it pushed away.
"Darr, turn around and look at me!" yelled Hellra frustrated, if she could only see, then she could read his eyes. She would have to rely on her intuition.
"What, it won't be much difference since you are blind" spit Darr-Rann out spitefully. He stormed back to his closet to get things. He didn't get far when the short sixteen year old stepped in his way. He expected her to say something, but she didn't, instead he felt a stinging sensation burn on his cheek as she slapped him. He thought it would stop there but it didn't. She gave him another slap.

"Darr I swore never to drown in self pity, and I intend to keep my friends from doing the same thing!" Hellra bit her lip back in hesitation, then continued her verbal assault.
"Which you are doing, stop feeling sorry for your self!, yes you were betrayed, and yes I also believe in never trust anybody, if you do, you will fall, and you fall hard..."

Hellra glanced angrily around her.
"But its important to have friends that will help you get up from that fall, I,no we, the Lancers wants you as a friend not just a lancer or ally, and to do so your have to let us in your life, you have to get this out of your system" Hellra's voice softened to an almost motherly tone.
"Talk to me Darr, I may not see, but I am still willing to hear" Hellra stpped back, waiting for Darr-Rann's response.

"Darr, you are a good person, you did your best, and i know feel you didn't but from what i can judge you are the type of gives their best"

Darr-rann hung his head guiltily at losing his temper to his squad. Hellra walked over. Darr-Rann expected another slap but instead she hugged him tightly.
"Darr, come on open up, you can ask me questions of my past if you like, its not a fairy tale either" Hellra stpped back once more and went to sit on Darr-rann's chair on his desk. She motioned him to take a seat on the bed next to it. Darr-Ran didn't move, he still stood on the same spot Hellra left him.
"We are going to talk this out now" she growled, frustrated with Darr-Rann's lack of response.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
-=Lancer Squad=- -=EL=- -=Blue Technical=-
EL/LCPL Hellra/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR][ES2C]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 11, 2005 7:57:33 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  45
July 11, 2005 7:42:09 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 

Darr-Rann sat down. "You and everyone else knows me as Darr-Rann. That is not my true name. My name that was given to me on birth was Rannik, Rannik Cedaan." He picked up the LCPL identifier and looked at it. "I always idolized my brother Jad. We both trained hard for the medical profession. One day the time came for acceptance for the Coronet Grand Medical Academy." He sighed. "I got in but my brother didn't. My father then chose me as the heir to the Cedaan fortune. About a year later my best friend Keith told me about the resistance group. I always believed in the empire so I joined, were I met his sister Sarah, who I fell in love with. Then one day, Jad joined our ranks. I was enormously happy. I though me and my brother could be friends again&"

He stood up. "A few days after Keith died on the battlefield, Jad sold us out. Sarah was killed by the rebels&" He took the Identifier and put it back on. "I was foolish to try to walk out on you guys like that. Sarah would have wanted me to continue. One day I will have my revenge on Jad and the rebels." He looked at Hellra, who was turning pale. "What's wrong?"

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
TRP/:LCPL Darr-Rann/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]

LANCE CORPRAL
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
The Vast Empire Medic. (As far as I know, Im the only one)
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited July 12, 2005 1:39:32 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  334
July 12, 2005 1:36:49 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
"The irony" answered Hellra, Darr-rann's eyes widened slightly in surprise at the tone Hellra spoke in. It was as if she was old and worn, it had defeat and failure in it.
He gazed at her intensely. She knew something. He stood up from the bed to stand beside her.
"What?" asked Darr-Rann more forceful; he got a bad feeling of this, a feeling of foreboding.
"I knew Jad Cedaan" came soft whisper from Hellra. Darr-Rann stepped back in surprise. A few minutes of silence passed, Hellra was fidgeting nervously with her fingers.
"How?"
Hellra turned her head to Darr-Rann..
"I joined the rebels three years ago, he trained me in my first few months"

Darr-Rann's hand flew to his blaster pistol on his hip at the mention of rebels.
"You. Were. Part. Of. That. That scum? Said Darr-Rann threw clenched teeth. He forced the words through his mouth with much difficulty. Hellra stood up backing away from him.
"Darr that was my past, everything is ch-changed now!" exclaimed Hellra stuttering in her words. She wasn't afraid of losing her life. She was ashamed and humiliated for admitting she was a rebel. And afraid of Darr-Rann.
Darr-Rann lifted his pistol to her face.
"Were you part of the attack?" he whispered in a deadly voice.
Although the pistol didn't touch her face at all, Hellra could sense it in front of her. She was shivering inside of fear; Darr-Rann's cold voice seemed to fill the room.
"I...I...I knew of it" came her soft reply. Darr-Rann didn't miss it.

He was taking deep breaths trying to stay calm.

"Leave or I will shoot" Hellra stepped back in fear. He walked over to the door and forced it open.
"Darr please let me expla---"
"GET OUT!...I don't talk to rebels, I shoot them&...  Darr-Rann grabbed his twin blaster pistol, he lifted both in her direction, Hellra's fear increased, she forced her self to make the steps out of his room. She didn't know how, maybe it was her instincts, but she could sense exactly where Darr-rann was pointing the pistols.

Hellra dragged her self across the corridors back the Lancers, her feet shuffled slightly, and her head hung in shame. She stopped at a window and opened it. She hung her head out slightly to catch the early mourning breeze.
"I am better then this!" she exclaimed angrily to the air.
"I was rebel so what, I didn't have anything to do with Darr back then" she sighed.
"He will not bring me down, I wont let him do that" she turned on her heel taking prideful strides leaving the window still open.

TK was joking around with his squad as usual, but the atmosphere soon turned tense and worried when Hellra and Darr made no appearance.
Vint was about to suggest to go look for them when the door opened with a forceful hiss immediately followed by loud footstep taking fast strides.

"Hell?" TK looked worriedly at her. Her face was red, he could see through her bandages the frown she wore,  she scowled.
"Darr is on his way I think," she said icily. No sooner did she sit than Darr-Rann entered the room.
"Didn't think you would actually have the guts to be here," he said noticing her presence. The Lancers and the Dragoon glances shifted from Hellra to Darr-Rann confused.

"This is my squad, nothing stops me!" Hellra stood up, her fists balled in anger.
"How do we know you are not a traitor!" yelled Darr-Rann back, he grabbed his pistol again, and lifted it not for the first time in her direction.
"I will not be betrayed again, I will not fail these guys" TK slowly crept up to Darr-Rann who was focused on Hellra, the same time Gio did. He grabbed the pistol from his hand.
"Darr stop it!, you don't know what you are doing!" yelled Gio out to him pinning him to the wall.
"TK, Gio leave him, he has every right to kill me if he wants, though I wont let it happen" exclaimed Hellra.
Gio released Darr-Rann after TK unarmed him.
"Gio, you are right, I don't know what I am doing, I will never sink to the level to the likes of Hellra's, killing for sheer pleasure" spit Darr-Rann out venomously.
Gaps followed each other's, as the Lancers and Dragoons tried to comprehend what was going on between Darr-Rann and Hellra.

"Darr, why do you say that? Questioned TK, his eyes rested suspiciously on Hellra.
"Ask her" whispered Darr-Rann in a furious voice.
Silence stretched for a few minutes. Hellra stood shivering in fear at what could happen if the truth came out.
"Fine I will answer for you" Darr-Rann straightened up. Gio stepped back from him to allow him some space.
"You know about my fiancé who got killed?" The Lancers and the two Dragoons nodded.
"She knew of the plans"
TK gasped softly and look to Darr-Rann back to Hellra,
"But that would have meant you were a...." He didn't finish his sentence.
"A rebel, yes" answered Hellra.
Some of the friendly warm yet worried glances turned to glares, other's turned to pity and regret. The rebels had a great impact on some of their lives, deaths, losses, it all added to hate for them.
Tk sighed, he knew Hellra, or he thought he did. Only time would prove if she was still the scum she was years back ago.

"Well, we will see in the future if Hellra is a traitor or a trooper," concluded TK, he held his hand up silencing the protests or comments.
"Fine by my, but she is no friend of mine" growled Darr-Rann angrily as he strode over the room and took a seat next to Vint, away from Hellra.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 12, 2005 3:58:14 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  814
July 12, 2005 3:14:55 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
post removed
-----------------------
Private First Class Jennabelle
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-
TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 15, 2005 2:42:10 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  339
July 12, 2005 3:53:42 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
"Jenny no, I don't feel like eating anymore, you can go without me" Hellra left a confused Jennabelle behind. She walked slowly back to her barracks.
"Ag shit, dammit!" she exclaimed. She turned around back to where the other Lancers and Dragoons were, but after a few seconds she stopped, Hellra were unsure of what to expect when they see her again. She sighed and went to the window she left open. She felt the sunrays capturing her skin in pleasant warmth. The wind breezed slightly, she ran her hand through her hair, a habit she picked up since she was small.
"How did this happen?"

"Dammit Darr was that necessary!?"  Gio glared Darr-Rann furiously. Darr-Rann glared back, his eye burning with the same intensity that radiated from Gio.
"Don't lecture me on what I do Gio" threatened Darr-Rann dangerously. His rage still untamed. Everyone except, Gio, TK and Yillis backed away. Darr-Rann was usually still quiet, which always kept to himself, was in a raging fit. He was the one who always calmed down others. He was one of the stronger ones usually, who had control over his emotions.

"Calm down Darr!" Gio grabbed Darr-Rann by the hem of his collor slamming against the wall.
"Get over it, your fiance is dead, and getting mad at someone who had nothing to so with it is stupid and foolish" Yillis and TK sighed in slight relief, when Darr-Rann facial expressions slackened from it frown.
"Get a grip on your self Darr" Gio pushed Darr away from him.
Darr-Rann shook his head ashamed,
"Gio you are right....you are right" mumbled Darr-Rann to himself.
Gio called Zafo over,
"Wanna get some snacks?"
"Ya, to much drama going on now" replied Zafo. They left through the door leaving the Lancers behind trying to cheer up a distraught Darr-Rann.

Gio and Zafo walked through the corridors. The looked at each other curiously when they felt a wind coming through the halls. They followed it, there wasn't wind in the corridors and halls usually. They stopped when they saw Hellra at the window. It seemed she was talking to her self. Then she stayed silent.
"Should we talk to her? Asked Zafo to Gio

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 12, 2005 5:03:49 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  365
Total Posts:  1305
July 12, 2005 5:37:25 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
  Giovanni's ears were throbbing. He was still a little riled up.

"Maybe we should talk to her..." said Zafo again.

Giovanni could sense that the thought of Hellra being a rebel bothered him, but he still thought that hearing her side of the story was a good idea. Giovanni on the other hand had more trouble coming to face Hellra. The betrayal from his last mission was still fresh in his mind, and he didn't wanna set himself up for another fall. He stared for a while at her silhouette in front of the white light pouring from the window. Her dark blonde hair was waving in the wind; a black bandana in her right hand.

"There are things that we sometimes have to solve for ourselves..." said Giovanni in a low voice. "Let's go get some chow."

He and Zafo walked down the corridor, with the wind at their backs. Giovanni pondered back on what he had told Zafo. He hadn't realized it then, but he now saw who that message was intended for.

"Some show back there eh?"

"Hmmm..." responded Giovanni. "I guess that's what these Squad Bonding sessions are for. Better they get the agression on themselves out now than in the battlefield."

The two got in the lunch line and served themselves lunch.

"I suppose..." said zafo as he served himself a drink. "I just hope this doesn't create some squad tension. We are imperials after all. We're not know for loving rebels."

"Rebel or not," Giovanni took a seat. "if she can be a loyal trooper, she'll have my respect. And so far, it looks like that's exactly what she has been."

"Give me a loyal rebel over a traitorous imperial any day..."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  315
Total Posts:  765
July 12, 2005 8:12:07 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The two Dragoons remained silent for the next couple of minutes as they devoured their satisfactory meals. The food heated up Zafo's insides as he took ingested the contents of his plate. When he cleared his plate, he re-started the conversation He and Gio were having earlier.

"For some weird reason, I don't have too much trouble trusting Hellra" Zafo stated

"We also didn't have too much trouble trusting Tay..." Gio replied, then drifted off.

The conversation ended there. Tay's betrayal on Cepany was touchy grounds. Nobody dared go there yet, especially considering it happened no more than a couple of days ago.

"Shall we head on back to Lancer barracks?" Zafo inquired "Hopefully everyone is cooled down by now"

"Yeah. Sounds Good." Gio answered, rising up from his seat

The two Dragoons began their walk back towards the Lancer Barracks.  The window Hellra was standing in front of when they past earlier was now empty.

"Wonder where she went" Zafo remarked

"Hmmm" Gio replied "Hopefully back to her squad, trying to regain their trust, all though that might not be too easy."

When the two Dragoons got back to the Lancer barracks, they saw the entire squad still working on calming Darr down. The whole squad, minus Hellra...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  343
July 13, 2005 7:46:02 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
A week passed, the wasn't squad mee ting, Darr-Rann stayed inside his barracks, and only came out once a while. The rest of the squad didn't really know what to do.
In the days that passed Hellra got frustrated with the bandages that kept itching. She barged in the medic's barracks and demanded to see the doctor who treated her.
It took her few hours of literally begging, but at last the doctor agreed she could take her bandages off. Since she her eyes were still sensitive he gave her some salve and tear droplets she should reply apply to her eyes one a day for three weeks.
Where it should have been a merry celebration at her restored sight, Hellra celebrated it by studying for her next spec.

Hellra avoided the Lancers and Dragoons spending most of her time in her barracks. She busy with preparing for her next spec, when her droid interrupted her.

"Hellra, message. For. You. Waiting. In. hall. 0.6." Hellra turned away from the droid, to get her shoes. Silently she crouched on the floor, and then sat. This is how she has been working for days now...in silence. Hellra got up. She closed her eyes briefly, resting them against the sharp light that came through.
She really needed her glasses back.

"You were looking for me?" Hellra glared at the nervous man in front of her.
"You are Lance corporal Hellra?" he asked slowly.
"Yes, now stop waisting both our times and get to your point" Hellra scowled angrily at him.
"Yes, delivery from the imperial store, also the delayed Varactyl has arrived, it is currently in the Imperial creature section, a few miles away from here. If you request it, it can be bought here, some trooper's here also have creatures so they have their own 'barracks', and of course you two Speederbikes arrived"

"Well, this is fun" grumbled Vint bored, Tk thought it will be nice to play board and card games with each other.
"Lets go outside for some fresh air" suggested Zafo as he sensed tension mounting on the Lancers again.

Hella laughed, as the wind slapped her in the face. She rode helmetless on her new 3-2 XR bike; Hellra regretted not taking her other one, which were slightly faster. But she could barely control the speed she was going now.
Hellra raced across the hills, she panicked when she came to the forest, but laughed it off. Her face were slightly cold and clammy, her hands cramped from gripping the handles of the bike so long. Her legs were numbing. She shrugged it off.

Time seemed to halt. The world blurred,  and passed her. Hellra gave a small scream of fright when a big tree suddenly loomed in her way without warning. She swerved to the right. She bit her lip in determination as another tree made its way to her. Maybe she better stop before she crash, argued one half ofher. And be a coward? She fought a battle with her, to stop or not to stop?

Hellra closed her eyes for a second; she bought the bike to an immediate halt.
"hmm, may I should just turn back" she started he bike again, and slowly zipped through the trees to reach the flat lands where she can race again..

The Lancers and the Dragoons stared at the on coming speeder bike.
"Its new, not a single scratch" noticed Yillis.
Their eyes widened when they saw the bike halt. Hellra didn't notice her squad standing outside; she climbed off, and patted her bike. A cough made her spun around. Her throat lost its lack of life when she saw who it was.
"Didn't know you can ride a bike Hellra, how did you learn?" asked TK trying to lighten the atmosphere. Some Lancers like Splinter and Darr-Rann were glaring at her.
Hellra stepped around trying to find something to say.
"I raced since I was thirteen, well I did official racing, but circumstances changed so I started doing street racing" Gio noticed how she avoided TK's question without them noticing. It reminded him, of him self, since he was a teen he could always talk his way out of things and trouble.
"Hmm, I say lets race each other," suggested Gio, he looked around him to see if anyone agreed.
"I am in, but where do we get bikes?" asked Vint.
"I believe the corps has a few of these models" Zafo pointed Hellra' bike.

Hellra waited for them to return with their bikes, TK was the first to be back.
"So, you think you are gonna win?. ..I mean as far as I know the guys, you are the only one with racing experiment." He leaned on his bike with his arms folded, waiting for Hellra's response.
"Well, having the experience is a bonus,but  its about your reflexes, and how you react to your environment, but I dunno about winning" Hellra looked unsure of what to answer.
"Come on Hellra, your scared....don't worry you can be honestt with me" answered TK laughingly.
"Oh, I think ill do good enough against you guys," said Hellra challenging, her blue eyes blazed with adventure and mischief, her worries temporarily forgotten.
Soon eleven bikes dust trails could be seen from afar. They agreed the first one to the border wins. It was a few miles, with forests, boulders and vast lands as obstacles.

Darr-Rann clenched his teeth in concentration of beating Hellra, he didn't care if he lost the race, as long as he beats Hellra to the border first.
TK frowned, he squinted his eyes. Hellra was the only one not wearing any form of protection gear, typical street race style. TK glanced worried around him; somewhere up in front was a forest.
"Damn, she didn't kid when she said she raced before" he mumbled.
At the moment Gio and Zafo was in lead, then Hellra, trailing behind her Darr-Rann.
Hellra turned her head around for a second; she smirked and waved at them. She started zigzagging between Darr-Rann, Zafo and Gio, releasing her speed then pressuring it again. The method worked as they were forced to slow down to avoid crashing with her. Hellra shot out forward. Passing Gio in the process.
"Oh no, you don't" Darr-Rann laid flat against his bike to gain more speed. Gio, Zafo did the same, gaining a bit more ground. Slowly they caught up with her.

Hellra seemed to know exactly when to turn and how.
Her eyes widened slightly at the mass of trees forming in front of her. She wasn't wearing protection like the other, should she stop again?
Hellra shook her head; she was not going to proof her self a coward. Hellra pressed her self as low as she could. They passed the first few meters without problems. Hellra pressured her bike to speed up, her worry increased as Darr-Rann and Gio gained on her. And the dark trees in front of her. She hasn't raced in weeks, could she still dodge the trees like she did back?
Hellra comforted her self, that it only looked scary because she had a faster bike.
They started zigzagging through the trees. Darr-Rann seemed to proof the same level of reflexes Hellra had, they swerved around boulders with ease, while the other seemed to slow down at certain obstacles.Sunrays caught in the dew splattered out of each other, as they rustled and disturbed the forest leaves. It seemed they werent racing the Lancers and Dragoons anymore. But racing with each other.

"What about, you, me winner at the river?!" shouted Darr-Rann, Hellra nodded. they turned sharply left. The racers looked at them confused.
"TK, should we follow?" came Zafo's voice over the com, watch.
"Let them fight this, out,Ii am so beating you Gio!" screamed TK back.

"Hellra, stop, you are not wearing protection, a crash can kill you" came a message over her wrist watch which also served as cominucation to the Squad. TK's voice sound worried, Hellra hesitated in deciding. She and Darr-Rann were head on.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 13, 2005 10:45:31 AM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  46
July 13, 2005 11:58:20 AM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
oops! this was my reserve msg. Can a moderator delete this post?
-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-

LANCE CORPRAL
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
The original Vast Empire Medic (The first one not to get booted out, anyways)
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited July 13, 2005 1:29:05 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Novice

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  47
July 13, 2005 1:24:20 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
    Hellra and Darr-Rann swerved between the trees, continuing to perform more and more dangerous stunts. Darr-Rann looked around. It was slower than his swoop, but the thick forest made up for it. He grinned as he saw the river up ahead. He went at maximum speed.  They were about neck on neck and just approaching the river when suddenly smoke started to drift for Darr-Rann's engine. "Dammit, this thing can't be overheated by now&" His speeder suddenly slowed down, and Hellra stopped and walked over. Darr-Rann laughed. "Well,  I guess you win." He paused for a moment and then bowed his head.  "I'm sorry for getting angry at you. It doesn't matter if you were a Rebel once,  you're my friend now." Hellra smiled and walked over to his bike. "You pushed it too hard, the engine is fried. I'll call for some pickup."

Soon enough they were back at the base again. TK looked around the room. "Alright, who wants to share their story next?"

editing to make better and longer, you can still post as it will just be a more detailed version of the same thing

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-

LANCE CORPRAL
www.Darr-Rann.cjb.net
The original Vast Empire Medic (The first one not to get booted out, anyways)
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited July 13, 2005 1:28:28 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  349
July 13, 2005 3:27:19 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
TK glanced at the squad around. His eyes searched around till it rested on Hellra.
"I believe you still owe us a story Hell" Hellra glanced uneasily around her.
"Fine," she muttered.
"I grew up on Tadath" she began; Darr-Rann leaned forward to hear more.
"I left home when I was thirteen, got caught by slave traders, and were taken to Tatooine, I went through many owners there in my first few days and weeks" Hellra smiled slightly.
"I wonder why," asked Yillis dryly, the squads snickered. TK still laughimh lightly nudged Hellra to continue.
"Because of circumstances the rebels took me away, at that time I didn't even knew who they were or what why they did what they did. I was only thirteen then, my mind was simple and foolish" Hellra sighed.
"So, I was basically a rebel till a few back ago, if you want to know I got most of my racing skills being a rebel" Hellra sat down on her chair again, folding her arms waiting for someone to respond. She was still uneasy with them, and some of them like Splinter still looked at her suspiciously.

"Um okay" said TK uncomfortable with the silence. Before he could continue a knock however came to the door.
TK opened it, the same man who delivered the message to Hellra earlier came through.
"Another message for Lance corporal Hellra, from 1st Lieutenant Dez " he reported to TK saluting.
"She is sitting there at the corner by the window," pointed TK out.
"Oh its you" said Hellra noticing who it was.
The young recruit walked over to Hellra, in his hands he held a small folded paper.
As he passed each trooper, he saluted him or her. The squad tried to contain their laughter, poor guy; he was still trying to impress every one.
Hellra smirked as she watched him walking to her. A few weeks ago she was like that, she tried to impress everyone but ended up making a fool of her self. When she met TK and the squad, she gained more confidence; it was actually with Killhouse, when she asked to help them with the trails of blood.

Hellra took the folded paper, she opened it, she got a smile on her face, her face quickly returned to its expressionless self. She gazed to the recruit.
"You have to escort me back?" the recruit nodded nervously under her frown.
"Fine, gotto to guys" Hellra left through the door, the recruit was making his way back across the room. He stopped at Yillis and TK
"Sorry for disturbing Sirs!" he walked or rather marched following Hellra.
"Actually" tried Tk to correct him.
"TK, we can get used to that so don't bother," commented Yillis.
Gio and Zafo sighed, will there ever be an chance where they can just sit happily without interruption?

Hellra walked through the halls, her face with a surprised expression. She just came from 1st lieutenant Dez, it appears she got the position of platoon adjutant. Hellra followed the direction his gave to her to find her new office. Hellra sighed, she walked passed it. It was right next to his actually.
"I get promoted, but I can't even find my office, how stupid can I get?" she muttered to her self. She stopped at the door; she entered the security code to her office.
"Well, I shouldn't expect flowers and leather, should I? Hellra gazed around in the room. She didn't even get a window! A plain desk stood infont of her. Cabinets of rechords and files lined the walls. She walked around the desk, well at least the chair was nice and squashy.
"Properly cause I am gonna work my ass off, damn paperwork" grumbled Hellra.
Hellra was busy reading through the datapads when her door suddenly literally bursted open with people tumbling in. She looked up surprised. In front of her stood her squad.
"Hell, you might want to strengthen your code, Yillis knows how to hack, we thought we could crash your place for a while" commented Darr-Rann at the wide-eyed Hellra.

"Um, okay so who is talking next?" asked Hellra, they were back in the snall yet comfortable room of the Lancers,, sun rays poured through the windows reflecting in the shiny table, casting shadows as it bounced in objects.
"Well, lets , Jenny, Trooper and Vint still, needs to talk and me o' course" said TK.
"hmm, I like hearing about you guys's ;life and stuff, but can you also enlighten us about your flaws? Its good sometimes talking to other people about" suggested hellra, she looked at TK or Yillis for aproval. They nodded merely.
"Where is Gio and Zafo?" asked Yillis,
"They are on their way" muttered TK

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 15, 2005 8:08:17 AM)]
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  484
Total Posts:  771
July 14, 2005 6:03:04 PM    View the profile of vint 
    Vint sat down on a small chair that was next to a file cabinent that bursted with folders. It was amazing how the Empire insisted on using folders when they could all fit into a thumb sized computer, the price would be the same. Everyone else sat down on one place or another.

"Maybe we should do this some where else. You know....where there's room." Hellra suggested. Having ten people in an almost cubicle sized room wasnt the most comfortable thing.

"No. This builds character." TK said sternly. "Who wants to start?" The room was silent. "Vint. You first."

Its not like anyone wants to hear my story...

"Well.....I was born on Nelcor4, a relatively unheard of planet, even to the well traveled man. I used to think that planet was exciting and didnt see why anyone would want to live anywhere else." Yillis's slowly melted into sleep.
                        ---four minutes later---

"Then i enlisted to the empire. I served the Raiders for two weeks, but never embarked on any missions, even training ones. I was bored so i transferred to the best squad in the whole empire, Lancer Squad. And now, after "the killhouse", i am here, ready to start another mission.
  -----------------------
Go here or die. It's updated every day.
[This message has been edited by vint (edited July 14, 2005 6:33:19 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  534
Total Posts:  635
July 15, 2005 8:05:25 AM    View the profile of Squall 
"Gio, Zafo, wait up!" called Squall as he rushed behind them.  Zafo and Gio both seemed a little exhausted.  Squall could definently relate.

"Hey Squall, didn't think you were going to make it," said Gio, "What were you staying behind for?" asked Zafo

"I was picking up some extra things for the bunk up with the Lancers.  You never know what could go wrong with us being with Tekky's Squad," said Squall

"Yea, I suppose you are right.  We are just heading back to the Lancer barracks.  Follow us," said  Gio

The three men walked casually back over to the door that would lead them into the lancer barracks.  Zafo knocked on the door, and a slit opened up before his eyes.

"Password," said the man at the door

"Come on Yillis, let us in," said Squall

Yillis chuckled as he opened the door.  The three dragoons walked into the room and Zafo and Gio were greeted once again by the rest of the members.  Squall was new to the gang, so he had yet to figure out what was exactly going on.

Everyone was sitting around in circles, and it sort of looked like some one had just got done giving a speech. Everyone looked around at eachother, and the eyes all fell on Squall.

"Squall, I'm pretty sure that none of us have got to know you very well," said TK, "How about you tell us more about yourself?"

"Yea Squall, tell more," said Jennebelle

"Alright, this makes me feel like I'm at some sort of Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting, but whatever." said Squall

"Basically, I grew up on Tatooine with my siblings and my cousins.  I had two brothers, Titan, and Kurdt.  I also had a sister, which I didn't get along with very well, Caroline."

"My mother and my father were never very good with eachother," said Squall, looking down at the floor.  My mothers name is Eileen, and my Fathers name is Jed.  "After a while, my father finally figured out that she was having an affair with another man.  A few months later, she up and left the planet, and my family.  I haven't seen her since," said Squall

"After that, my father went into mental insanity.  He left the house with all the things that he had, leaving his three sons and a daughter under the care of his brother, Watson.  Watson was my uncle."

"Me, my brothers, and my sister, all started to get along better, because we had to work with eachother if we were going to survive.  My cousin, Drake, had the same exact birthday as mine, so we always had something to relate on, except he was a year older."

"My uncle Watson and I always got along, and he gave me my first blaster when I was around ten.  I had the entire gun memorized within a few months.  I could take it apart, and put it back together in a flash.  I was the only one in my village who was a gunsmith.  Most people came to me if they had problems with their weapons, or if they wanted any modifications done.  At the age of 13, I had made enough money to move out on my own and start my own life."

"Before I was going to leave, my uncle sat me down and had a talk with me.  There, he revealed that he was a Jedi, and he had been one for many years.  The words coming out of his mouth made me so excited, thinking that I could now learn the ways of the force and be a legendary Jedi.  He agreed that he would teach me the ways, but he never got the chance."

"We wen't to a festival one day in the village, and a few sandcrawlers had arrived at town.  My uncle Watson was thinking of purchasing a few droids for around the house, because he was getting older and couldn't be the one doing everything around he house.  He had never married."

"A few minutes after we had purchased two droids, a group of men came riding in on large beasts.  They were rancors, but at the time, I had no idea what I was dealing with.  They went out of control, and started destroying and killing everything in their way."

"They got all of my cousins and my siblings, except one.  Drake.  Drake was fortunate enough to get out of the way and hide in a small shop just off of an alleyway.  I looked around to find my uncle Watson, just as the rancor picked him up and snapped his body in half.  My first reaction, of course, was get out of there."

"I found Drake, and we both ran back to the house.  After gathering all of my weapons and putting them in a bag, I went to my uncles keep safe box.  After slicing it open with my vibro blade, I popped the lid off and looked inside.  There, sat his lightsaber and enough credits to get me off of the planet, and hopfully somewhere where I could start my own life.  But, before I could close the lid of the keep safe box, I felt the cold chamber of a blaster at my temple.  I never thought anything like this would happen, I was merely 15 years old!" said Squall.  A few of the people in the barracks were on their seats, waiting for the rest of the story.

"I see that you found my fathers keep safe box.  Those things were meant to be mine," said Drake

"I suppose they were, but Watson thought I would be a good student for his teachings.  He didn't even say anything about you," said Squall

"Yea, well thats the way it has always been.  Everyone does things for you, thinks you are better than I.  But I am tired of being treated like I'm second best.  You will pay for all the pain and suffering you have cause me, and my famly," said Drake, pressing the barrel further into Squall's head.  Squall knew what he had to do.

"WHAT DID HE HAVE TO DO!?!" yelled out TK, jumping up and down on his seat.

"Pipe down," said Jennebelle, tring to listen to the story

"Well, me, knowing so much about the blasters, reached up, and pulled the blaster pack out in a second.  I grabbed the blaster, put the pack back in, and shot my cousin in the head."

"What? Why would you do such a thing?" said Hellra

"He had a gun to my head and was going to kill me.  I didn't feel like dying, so I killed him first, big deal," said Squall

"Oh, well, keep going," said Hellra

"Well, within a few hours, I made it to the closest villages spaceport.  There I saw the recruitment office, and well, signed up," said Squall

"It's been two years since that day now," said Squall

"Wow, that was amazing," said Gio

"Yea, this is mostly why I drink my life away," said Squall

"Well, Cheers to that my friend!" said Giovanni, grabbing a few beverages and tossing one to Squall.  They tapped their bottles together, and the fun began.

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
----------------------
TRP/CPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  339
Total Posts:  1598
July 17, 2005 3:53:15 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
TK motioned for Yillis to follow him, "That seems to do it, I'll be right back, I gotta talk to Yillis for a sec."

TK and Yillis got up and left Hellra's office. Hellra slowly got to her feet.

"Hellra what are you doing?" Vint asked.

"Well, I know from past experiences, these doors aren't soundproofed."

Vint's eyes lit up, and he stood up with Hellra. Everyone else slowly got up. Hellra poked her head out of the door. "Looks clear."

Hellra ran down to the end of the hall, and peeked around the corner where she could just see TK go around the corner. Hellra motioned for the squad to come up and she ran ahead to the next corner. TK was fumbling with his lock, obviously forgetting his password, so Yillis just tried the door opener and the door shot up, unlocked. Yillis started laughing but TK pushed him out of the way and stormed into his office, then Yillis followed and the door closed.

Hellra motioned for the squad to come up again and she ran up to the door and tried to listen. She thought the voice she could hear was Yillis.

"...I thought......relaxing......what do you mean...no I don't want to......the RATEL is boring...forget it......I'm not teaching it."

Hellra heard footsteps coming toward the door so she jumped back and started walking down the hall. Yillis stormed out of the room, yelling, "THEY WILL NOT DO THIS, YOU KNOW THEY WILL NOT DO THIS."

Hellra looked over at the crazed Yillis expecting an explanation, but all he did was glared at her and storm off. Hellra tried to go in TK's office but he told her to leave, so Hellra went back to where the squad was sitting and told them what she heard.

"What do you think this is about?" asked Darr.

"I dunno, but teaching the RATEL is not something you storm out of an office about, I think I missed something." answered Hellra.

"Well I doubt we're gonna talk to either of them about it so maybe we all should get some sleep? It is pretty late."

"Yeah, good idea Darr, I'm feeling pretty tired myself"

The squad slowly walked back to sleeping quarters and each into their rooms.

---Early Next Morning---
Yillis and TK walked down the hall, banging on each of Lancer's doors. "Get the hell up and get into your amour! We have just been assigned to a new mission! Get your asses up and assemble in the briefing room!"

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Yillis
-=Lancer Squad=- -=ASL=- -=Moonbeam=-
ASL/LCPL Yillis/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [WM]

[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited July 17, 2005 4:52:18 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  48
July 18, 2005 3:09:20 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
((posting this to be a more active member of Lancer Squad, I read the whole training mission story so there won't be any misunderstanding))

"Yes, sir!" Jennabelle yelled obidently as she quickly dressed.

Jenny quickly walked out the door and to the briefing room, she wanted not to be late for this briefing it seems that lancer squad would be up for another mission, maybe this time they'll actually get to destroy a destroyer droid, man, that last mission was a wreck, Darr-Rann barely had enough hands, he had to manage segreant TK, Hellra and others under an extreme bad situation, Jenny held her own and took no injuries but that was only because of luck.

luck, something every soldier needs in every single mission whether training or real, because anything could happen.

"Hey, Jenny, sorry about ditching you the other day, I thought you misunderstood me, but so many things happened on the training mission that I guess you forgot I broke my glasses when I fell from the roof of the killhouse." Hellra said, braking Jenny's train of thoughts.

"yeah, it's alright, I understand, but I apologize you for misunderstanding you." Jenny said quickly. So many things did happen in that day and now they were off on another mission.

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  495
July 18, 2005 4:51:04 PM    View the profile of vint 
    Vint slowly got out of bed. His feet hit the floor, a cold shiver floated thruogh his body. Splinter sat on the bed opposite Vint puting on his boots. Knightwind and Jenny could be heard talking in the other room, something about stolen data discs.

"They dont sound too happy..." Splinter mumbled.

"Nope. What do you--" Vint yawned. "reckon this mission's gonna be about?" Hopefully its better then killhouse...

"Im not sure. But i dont think its training. It's most likely going to be the real deal this time. Those rebel scum wont know what hit them." They both laughed. Hellra peered into the room.

"Hurry up you two. You'll be late." With that she rushed off down the hall. Vint and Splinter jumped into there armor and hurried down the corridor.

"Tomorrows the national swoop championship. Hopefully we'll catch some of that."

"Yeah. Last year i was off visiting relatives. I missed Kig's win. Watching replays just aint the same." Vint replied.

"I hear Nih-jim has a secret weapon."

"Where'd you hear that? The HRCN (holo relay chat network)?"

"Nah. All the people on there just spread lies." Splinter paused as we turned the corner. "Hellen told me last night, and she knows her swoop racing."

"Vint! Splinter! Wait up!" Trooper shouted from behind them. They stopped and Trooper came inbetween them panting.

"I woke up a little late.." He gasped. "Think we'll be late?"

"Dont worry." Splinter answered. "All we'll miss is some of TK's delicious coffee cake." They both laughed but Trooper didnt seem to think it was funny.

---soon in the meeting---
  -----------------------
[This message has been edited by vint (edited July 18, 2005 5:16:36 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  393
July 20, 2005 2:56:45 PM    View the profile of Hellra 
"Squad, shut up!"
A deafening silence settled until a snicker could be heard. Gazes followed it. TK was smiling. He snickered again.
"What?" asked Hellra dangerously, her left eyebrow were twitching, she stood with her hands on her hips glaring at the squad.
"No, its nothing, really" answered TK trying to keep a straight face.
"Well you are the one who called this meeting, so you say something now" grumbled Hellra angry. It was enough that she had to be disturbed from her good sleep, but this?

"Okay, okay, fine" said TK firmly, his face turned serious. Everyone waited at for him to start talking. Instead various datapads were given out to each Lancer.
"And this?" asked Hellra.
TK ignored her; he looked at his wristwatch, then at Yillis.
"We should be off, Hell?"
"Yes?" sighed Hellra, still frustrated at TK for ignoring her first question.
"You know RATEL?" Hellra looked confused for a moment before she remembered it.
"Ya, but, I don't know it really expertly" answered Hellra
"Good, explain the squad, Yillis and I have something to discuss, so later" said TK, he stood up, followed by Yillis.
"I only understand like half---TK!"
A door closed, leaving Hellra alone with the squad, she sighed and looked at her datapad.
"So, how did you guys sleep?" asked Vint trying to lighten the mood, a few grumbles could be heard from across the room.
"Okay guys, lets get this over with, grief, I could have been snuggling in my bed still" said Hellra.
"So, where do we start?" asked Darr-Rann, he shook his head as he looked at the datapad in front of him. The words made no sense to him, and neither did it for the other Lancers.
"Hmm, lets get m moving to incident and contactrep" began Hellra
"Incident and what?" asked Trooper512 confused and still sleepy.
"Trooper, that's why you have a datapad, to look at it and follow every word I say"
The squad smiled, but quickly concentrated on their own datapads at Hellra's glare.

"Now, before we start off, we have to cover callsigns first, now seems here, TK haven't assigned you guys to a call sign yet, but I will go over with what they are, then you will know what will go in the examples, okay" Hellra took a deep inhale of breath before she continued. But excited whispers caughts her attention.
"Vint, Splint!" exclaimed Hellra., Vint ans Splinter looked up guiltily from their datapads. Hellra strode towards them and took a look at what was on their datapads. She sighed as she saw pictures of different swoops and speeders,
"Guys, I know you are excited about tomorow's race, I am also, but yillis and TK is going is about to brief us on our nect mission, so you will miss it anyway"
Vint and Splinter nodded bored as she continiued

"The Squad: Lancer Sierra
Elements: Echo
Squad Leader: Sunray
Assistant SL: Moonbeam
Element Leader: Technical
Radio: Andronicus
Medic: Lifesaver
Heavy Weapons: Boomer, when or if there is more than one in an element.
Trooper: Lancer, when or if there is more than one in an element"
She paused again.
"TK is sunray while Yillis is moonbeam, I will use them in the examples"
"You guys with me?" Hellra glanced around. Vint's head was drooping as sleep chased him, while Darr-Rann was looking at the window, where the stars were still twinkling ever so lightly with sun rising barely over the horizon.

"Anyway, incident and contactrep, lets start at incident report...this is to report a incident or event that happened like for example a flagship destroyed, or a object captured," drawled Hellra. She was reading most of the stuff directly from her datapad, well basicly every word of it.

"The contact report is used for um...." Hellra glanced down on her datapad before continuing.
"Um, to report when a enemy is spotted while being outside, this how it will look basicly" Hellra walked over to the desk that stood in front of them, she slid a card through a small gap in the holocaster. A image sprung to life. It read the following.

INCIDENT / CONTACTREP
ALPHA:      callsign of station involved in an incident
BRAVO:      time in local time
CHARLIE:  location of incident
DELTA:      number of persons involved in the incident
ECHO:        description of dress/any other relevant details
FOXTROT:  any specific details of persons involved
GOLF:          direction of travel of persons involved
HOTEL:      brief account of incident.

"So for example, this will used in the following way&arg, this is getting frustrating" Hellra sat on the floor bored. The lancers snapped awake at the sudden swing of words.

"Back to examples" their eyes soon drifted back to that blank stare in front of them.
"
"Storm HQ this is Andronicus, contact report over"
"Andronicus this Storm HQ, send over"
"Storm HQ, Andronicus. Alpha: Lancer Sierra, Bravo: 0241, Charlie: Three kilometres, twentry three degrees south west of checkpoint Lima, Delta: twelve, Echo: spotted three gungans, Foxtrot: Armed and dangerous, Golf: We are moving to intercept, Hotel: They appeared out of nowhere and began to hurl Jawas at us, over"
"Andronicus, Storm HQ, CONTACTREP received"
"Storm HQ this is Andronicus, out"  Hellra seemed out of breath, she shook her head, she would rather have sat there with the Lancers being bored.

"So except for incident and contactrep reports, we also have other report that most will be delivered in the same form as the one above---" Hellra got interrupted as the door hissed open, TK and Yillis entered.
"Hows the lecture going Hell?" asked Yillis.
"TK looked at the holocaster,
"That's where you are now?" he exclaimed.
"You are really slowl" said TK, he turned to the squad gaining all their attention.
"We will talk about the RATEL later, Yillis and I will now brief you on our next training mission"

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 21, 2005 9:39:16 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  51
July 20, 2005 3:42:19 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
post removed
-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 25, 2005 2:37:53 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  376
July 25, 2005 6:52:36 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
"No TK, we'll finish the RATEL first, then onto mission briefing, I mean we got a few minutes here." Yillis spoke up.

"True, fine, finish the damn thing." TK answered.

Yillis went up to the front of the room and pushed Hellra out of the way.

"Time to learn boys and girls, now Hellra, it seems you left off at incident and contact reports, that would mean maintenance is next."

It seemed Yillis knew exactly what he was talking about, not even looking at a datapad.

"Now maintenance demands are when you need some supplies, like food or weapons, and you got to get them to a specific location. Now if Hellra is doing her job, this image should be the example."

Yillis pressed a button on the holoprojector and the maintenance demands example popped up.

ALPHA: requesting unit (or person)
BRAVO: items and quantity required
CHARLIE: earliest time required
DELTA: latest time required
ECHO: method of delivery
FOXTROT: point of delivery
GOLF: radio frequency used at point of delivery
HOTEL: callsign at delivery point
INDIA: any other appropriate details

Example:
"IC this is Moonbeam maintenance demand over"
"Moonbeam this is IC, go ahead over"
"IC, Moonbeam, Alpha: *cough*Yillis*cough*, Bravo: seventy metal g-strings, Charlie: Now! err... 0001, Delta: 0100, Echo: mail ehh... airdrop, Foxtrot: Lancer Squad drill square, Golf: Not applicable, Hotel: Yillis, India: I uhh, have a 25% discount voucher! over"
"...Moonbeam, IC... roger that, over..."
"IC this is Moonbeam, out"

Yillis stared at the screen for a good 60 seconds before slowly turning around to face TK, where TK was almost in tears from holding back the laughter.

Yillis addressed the squad while still staring at TK, "That example works, but is not a normal request."

"Continuing onward, we have casualty evacuation here. That is when someone needs to get evacuated from a location from injuries and whatnot."

Yillis pressed the same button on the holoprojector and a new image took the screen.

ALPHA: callsign of requesting station
BRAVO: location
CHARLIE: degree of urgency, i.e. urgent, priority
DELTA: walking wounded or stretcher case
ECHO: type of injury or illness
FOXTROT: patient's callsign
GOLF: special measures, e.g. spinal injuries
HOTEL: any remarks

Example:
"Starlight this is Lifesaver, requesting casevac over"
"Lifesaver this is Starlight, go ahead over"
"Starlight, Lifesaver, Alpha: Lancer Sierra, Bravo: The Killhouse, Charlie: priority, Delta: walking wounded, Echo: amputated hand, Foxtrot: Sunray, Golf: Severe blood loss, Hotel: None applicable over"
"Lifesaver, Starlight, wilco, will be there ETA three mike over"
"Starlight this is Lifesaver, out"

"Next are situation reports, which are what we do when we need to contact headquarters, usually sent every hour. Also they can be used between Elements or troopers in the squad."

SITREP
NUMBER: unit callsign
TO: unit receiving situation report
LOCAL TIME: self-explanatory
ALPHA: Situation - other party (other elements or other element members)
BRAVO: Situation - self (element or self)
CHARLIE: administrative details
DELTA: any other information

Example:
"Sunray this is Blue Technical, sitrep over"
"Blue Technical this is Sunray, go ahead over"
"Sunray, Blue Technical, Number: Blue Echo, From: Blue Technical, To: White Echo, Local Time: 0932, Alpha: all is fine, Bravo: depressed, Charlie: out of ammunition, Delta: Non applicable over"
"Blue Technical, Sunray, roger over"
"Sunray this is Blue Technical, out"

"Ok and next is location status and that is to tell someone or find out someone's location."

ALPHA: callsign
BRAVO: location
CHARLIE: movement (Halted/Moving)
DELTA: direction of travel

Example:
"Swedish Bikini Team this is Moonbeam, locstat over"
"Moonbeam this is Swedish Bikini Team, send over"
"Swedish Bikini Team, Moonbeam, Alpha: Blue Echo, Bravo: in the mess hall, Charlie: Halted, Delta: Nowhere over"
"Moonbeam, Swedish Bikini Team, roger, over"
"Swedish Bikini Team this is Moonbeam, out"

"And finally we have lost person report, which is used ONLY when you have lost a person."

ALPHA: own callsign
BRAVO: location of unit sending report
CHARLIE: number/name/description of lost persons
DELTA: last known location and direction of travel
ECHO: time lost party last seen
FOXTROT: known equipment of lost party
GOLF: any assistance required
HOTEL: nearest access road - rendezvous point
INDIA: any action taken

Example:
"Sunray aah, uuh... Lost person report over!"
"Unknown callsign this is Sunray, go ahead over"
"Sunray this is #bzzzt#, Alpha: #bzt#, Bravo: Lancer Squad drill square, Charlie: Yillis, Delta: Lancer Squad drill square, Echo: 0002, Foxtrot: Metal G-string, Golf: none, Hotel: None applicable, India: none over"
"Unknown callsign, Sunray, roger over"
"Sunray this is #Bzzzzzzzzzzt#, roger out"

Yillis motioned for TK to take the stage, "That's it for me folks, TK now will brief you on the mission."

Yillis stepped down from the front of the room and started to walk toward the back of the room. On the way he hit Vint in the head to wake him up so he could at least know what he's getting into.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Yillis
Rep/GameRep Yillis/GameRep: 6/Gaming Division/VET /VE
[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited July 25, 2005 6:55:45 PM)]
TK-112
ComNet Veteran

TK-112

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  1022
Total Posts:  1086
July 31, 2005 1:32:00 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
TK stepped onto the podium, the squad suddenly became lively again. TK looked into their faces and saw the eagerness. TK typed into his datapad.

"Connection established" The datapad's computer voice informed.
"Ooh, must be a special mission briefing!" Vint whispered into Darr-Rann's ears.

TK looked up with a very serious expression in his face, he looked at Yillis and nodded at him. In turn Yillis locked the door. Suddenly the lights were switched off and and image of the imperial crest was projected into the screen in front of them.

"Ok troopers, welcome to..." TK prolongly said. The squad looked at TK and awaited his next words. "Introduction to Close Combat Operations Module 1B Service Knowledge!" TK happily and sarcastically informed. "Oh no! Another lecture!" Vint commented followed by Yillis' hand hitting him in the head. "Vint, shut up and prepare to take notes!" Yillis ordered. "Yes Lance-Cor-po-ral!" He sarcastically replied.

"Ohkies troopers, first of all, my objectives for this module is that by the end of this module I would have taught you the positions within the squad and general squad procedures, so listen up this is going to be important. I'll be starting from the basics. So here we go, positions. Now the squad is split into three different elements: White, Red and Blue. Now these elements are named like these due to their specific roles. White element is the command element lead by me. The positions within this element are: Squad Leader and Squad radio operator. Red element is the assault element and it is lead by Yillis. The positions within this element are: Assistant Squad Leader and three other troopers with combat specialties. The Blue element is lead by Hellra and it is the stealth and support element. The positions within this element are Element Leader, Medic which is currently being held by Darr-Rann and a trooper with combat specialties" TK lectured.

Fifteen minutes of boring lectures have passed and TK has finally stopped talking, at least half of the squad were asleep.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman - Master Chef
-=Lancer Squad=- -=SL=- -=Sunray=-
SL/SSG TK-112/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA] [SoS] [GRoM]

vint
ComNet Member

vint

Post Number:  550
July 31, 2005 7:13:25 PM    View the profile of vint 
    "Any questions?" TK asked.  Hellra raised her hand.

"Yes...um...when does the mission start." She was one of the only ones awake to know if he had told them or not.

I myself dont know that. Ahh...Im so tired. TK thought to himself sighing. "I dont know yet. Any other questions?" 
    The room was silent.

"Well then...you can go now." Everyone except TK and Yillis got up and left.

"You ok Tekk's?" Yillis asked. TK was nodded.

"Im just a little tired. Stayed up too late." The sky was blue and beams of light came through the window. The sound of an automatic vacuum came from the hall. TK sniffed, the smell from his cooking still wafted through the air.

"Get some rest, we have the rest of the day to relax...or study up on our specs for some of us." Yillis said as he departed.

--In Lancer squad's rooms--

Vint, Splinter, Darr, and Hellra collapsed onto a large maroon couch. The others were going to study for there specialties. The room was pretty empty; just some bunks, a bathroom, and a dejarik table. The whole day was free and Vint couldnt think of one thing to do.

"Im bored." He stated blankly. Hellen stared at him.

"Why dont you start on your specialty? You've had plenty of time to do it." She asked. "And anyways, your the one who's bored of getting days off."
    Splinter chuckled.

"What?" Vint asked.

"Nothin'".

They all sat doing nothing for the next couple minutes. Darr was snoring softly. Splinter's eyes were following a fly that was circleing the room. Hellra appeared deep in thought about something. And Vint was counting backwords from fivehundred under his breath. Then Yillis arrived.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by vint (edited July 31, 2005 7:43:00 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  70
August 4, 2005 3:38:08 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
----At the same time----
Jenny, meanwhile, was thinking about her training for heavy weapons and when that was supposed to start (sometime soon I'll start the spec story) but for now she studied her spec, it was important in combat, as the machine-gun gave covering fire to the squad either in advancing or retreating, it was also a dominating weapon, more bigger than the sub-machine guns and blaster rifles and handguns and more capable of blaster tons of troops to bits. it had a light armor piercing capability, it could dominate the battlefield if the enemy didn't have machine-gun support, it's crucial in both defense and offense, in its covering fire and dominating capabilities.

"Oh, hello, Jenny." Hellra said as Jenny looked up, Jenny had arrived in the Hellra, Splinter, Darr, Vint's room.

"Oh, sorry, wrong room," Jenny said as she was about to turn back when Yillis came in the door, when either the Squad Leader or the Assistant Squad Leader came in the room there was going to be some news, "Oh, hello, Yillis, what's going on?"

-----------------------
-=Lancer Squad=-
-=TRP=- -=Red Lancer 1=-

Yillis
ComNet Member

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  403
August 5, 2005 4:20:50 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
Yillis looked around the room "Hey girls, I got something neat to show you."

"What is it?"

"Shut it and come on, all of ya, actually I'll show everyone at once."

Yillis spoke into his comlink, "Lancers meet in room 34B, Gear on."

Yillis' group of Darr, Jenny, Hellra, Splinter and Vint met up with the rest of the lancers, minus TK, in the hallway outside 34B.

"Where's TK?"

"He should be along soon, everyone go on in."

The Lancer Troopers entered room 34B and Yillis followed them in.

"Umm this is just a grey room."

"That what you think," Yillis replied while pressing a button on a remote. The room erupted with trees and grass.

Yillis spoke up again, "Welcome to what I like to call, The Endless Forest, for you can walk forever and never reach an end. Now this is merely a training exercise, which I like better than droids, mainly because they can't go crazy and kill us. But it's to practice our RATEL commands. Now our mission is that there are a few rebel encampments and a larger one at the end. We have to neutralize all the bases and if that means eliminating all rebel forces, yay for us. Ok now it will be Red Element: Moonbeam: Yillis, Red Lancer 1: Jennabelle, Red Lancer 2: Vint, Red Boomer: KnightWind and for blue element: Blue Technical: Hellra, Blue Lancer: Splinter_Seal, Lifesaver: Darr-Rann. I think that's it, so we're heading north, Lancer Sierra, move out."

Lancer squad started to head north in their respective Elements.

(ooc: i'll have a map in a few hours i gotta go to work)
  -----------------------
Lance Corporal Yillis
Rep/GameRep Yillis/GameRep: 6/Gaming Division/VET /VE
[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited August 5, 2005 4:22:02 AM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  431
August 5, 2005 12:39:16 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Not expecting the sudden training, the Lancers was slouched in their walking, well most. Yillis who could rival a drill sergeant were walking in lead, clearly glad to finally do some training. Hellra and Darr-Rann also had no problems as they have trained on their own, when not being with the squad.

"Guys, I am taking my element west now, continue north, every time we step in the Grey room as one of you named it, doesn't change its scenery, it stay the same every time we come here" explained Yillis. They continued to walk for some time before Yillis checked his compass on his wrist.

"Ciao-ciao guys" greeted Hellra as Yillis started splitting away from them.
Yillis gave a small wave even though he wasn't facing them. Hellra shook her head at Yillis's enthusiasm.

She trudged over to a boulder to inspect it closely. This world was so real to her. She ran her fingers over the moss that covered it. The soft and micro-like grass slid under her fingers leaving a cold trail behind. She stood straight to inspect their environment around them. They were in a small clearance, with dense trees surrounding the unused grass.

"Lets get going guys" she said cheerily.
"Oh, boy, why am I getting the feeling with Hellen in lead, things might turn out differently?" joked Splinter-Seal, he shifted his rifle from his one shoulder to the other obviously not used to the sudden training even though he trained on his own, but not as intense as the usual squad training.
Hellra slapped him over the head.
"Guys, trust me, you know me well enough don't ya?"
"That's the problem Hell," said Darr-Rann.
Hellra glared at her fellow Lancers as they snickered.

"Hmm, I am going to set my rifle to stun, nothing would happen right?" said Hellra, ash she shifted her rifle and propped it on her knee to see where exactly she had to set it, she didn't have a fondness for rifles since she had poor aim.
"Hmm, didn't we think the same in Killhouse?" asked Darr-Rann cautiously as he and Splinter also set the rifles to stun.
"Yeah, but we didn't expect it, I mean nothing could happen to us in a virtual world rtight?" Asked Hellra, although she seemed quite unsure herself.

"Guys, I am going to send a locstat to Yillis, first test, just to see how well it would work" she said after a while, the silence clearly killing her.
"Locstat?" asked Splinter confused for a second.
"Location status, Splint, seriously that why we have to listen when Yillis and TK talks" answered Hellra, Her hands were fumbling with her rifle.
"Goody-two-shoes" mumbled Darr-Rann. Hellra ignored Darr-Rann as she lifted her arm to report to Yillis.

"Guys, I am going to send a locstat to Yillis, first test, just to see how well it would work" she said after a while, the silence clearly killing her.
"Locstat?" asked Splinter confused for a second.
"Location status, Splint, seriously that why we have to listen when Yillis and TK talks" answered Hellra, Her hands were fumbling with her rifle.
"Good two shoes" mumbled Darr-Rann. Hellra ignored Darr-Rann as she lifted her arm to report to Yillis.

"Moonbeam this is Blue Element, locstat over" Hellra held her breath, she wasn't sure how well the signal would work in the virtual area.
" Blue Technical this is Moonbeam, send over" came Yillis's voice through.
" Alpha: Blue technical, Bravo: thirty degrees north-west, small clearance, Charlie: Halted, Delta: North" she continued, though she clearly sounded unsure.
" Blue Technical, Moonbeam, roger, over"
" Moonbeam this is Blue Technical, out"

Hellra sighed, and shook her head..She started walking northwards.
Darr-Rann and Splinter had no problem keeping up with her, as her strides were short just as her legs were.
Darr-I want you and Splint to test RATEL out also, the more familiar we are with it the better" ordered Hellra.
"Yillis, never said what we should do going north" commented Splinter.
"I think we are just spreading out, getting to know this place and of course RATEL, I just wonder how this environment changes," replied Hellra, her strides turned faster, a cool breeze seemed to sweep swiftly through them, cradling their warm faces, providing a temporarily comfort.
"So was Killhouse any fun?"
Asked Splinter getting uncomfortable with the silence that hung so thick in the air, it was enough to make him sleepy. This day was to perfect to be spoiled with training.
"Loads" answered Hellra smugly.
"Much more then we are doing now" answered Darr-Rann, trying seem cheerful. Killhouse was a mission he wouldn't forget easily, he lost his first patient in VE, was it a bad omen, and was it his fault? Darr-Rann shook his head clear of theses thoughts.
Suddenly focused he saw a shadow lurking. His eyes narrowed in suspicion of this shadow. Was it a threat? He wanted to shrug it off, but his instincts screamed through his mind to warn Splinter and Hellra.

"HELL, SPLINT!"
The sudden shout alerted Hellra and Splinter immediately, but it also bought the massive shadow from its hiding. Hellra didn't have time to see what was jumping towards her, Splinter and Darr. They spat away from each other like water falling on the floor.
Hellra backed away a few paces steadily yet fast, she glanced to her fellow Lancers, Splint had his rifle aimed, while Darr seemed to back flipped, and landed in a crouched position.
"Splint shoot!" yelled Hellra at him while she bought her rifle also to aim. Blasts connected forcefully with the predator slamming him backwards. It slumped towards the ground seemingly defeated.
"No stun could have killed it, it's just knocked out" Hellra commented.
"You figured that out your self Hellra?" asked Darr-Rann irritated with his EL for just assuming they wouldn't meet any trouble in the forest.
Hellra ignored his comment; she simply aimed her rifle to its head to give the final shot. Bit before the trigger can be pulled by any of them, the predator lifted its head almost lazily, its eyes fixed hatefully on them gleaming in the sun.
"Merde!" cursed Hellra as it went straight for her; she shot a few wild shots, but out of panic her aim were poor and uncalculated.

Splinter sensing Hellra's panic increased his grip on his rifle. He took a step foreword increasing the intensity of his shooting. He was standing behind the beast while Hellra was in front, and Darr on its left side. It stood on its hind legs; its forelegs in attack about half a meter away from her.
Darr-Rann shot a few diversionary shots to the animal's face to give Hellra a chance. Hellra used the opportunity to push the barrel of her rifle in the stomach of the creature. A howl ripped through its through as it died.

"Thanks guys" said Hellra lowering her rifle.
"Darr, could you check that thing out, see what you can gather is its weak and strong points, then we will know in case we meet more of them" ordered Hellra, Darr-Rann nodded and trudged over, while she turned to Splinter,

"Splint, you do a radius scan on your Wrist Com, I know it can only do a few meters. But this one was one meter away from us before it attacked, and this area is quite dense, I will just update Yillis on our situation"

Hellra gazed down to her wrist to see if her watch was still in tact.

"Moonbeam this is Blue Technical, incident report over"
"Blue technical, this Moonbeam, send over"
"Moonbeam, Blue technical. Alpha: blue element, Bravo: 03: 15, Charlie:  thirty-two degrees northwest, forest trees, near running stream, Delta: three, Echo: unknown predatoryt attacked, fur covers body. With horns, Foxtrot: , is able to move on hind legs when attacking, Golf: We are moving nort for further testing and experimenting, Hotel: Came from shadows leaping at us, over"
"Blue technical, Moonbeam, contacttrep received"
"Moonbeam this is blue technical, out"

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 6, 2005 11:33:31 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Novice

Jennabelle

Post Number:  71
August 5, 2005 4:14:54 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 6, 2005 5:28:23 PM)]
Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  440
August 6, 2005 3:20:03 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Hellra paced small circles thinking of their current situation. It took them a few minutes to get rid one of the Predators that attacked them. But they were suprsised, so if they knew about it, how long would it take get rid of then.

Hellra stopped pacing and looked up, as a shadow loomed over her. She sighed when she saw it was only Splinter. She cursed inwardly at her short length.
"Hellra, radar picks nothing up," he reported, Hellra nodded in reply waiting for Darr-Rann to give his report of the beast they killed.
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 6, 2005 4:37:51 AM)]
TK-112
ComNet Veteran

TK-112

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  1031
Total Posts:  1086
August 6, 2005 3:54:52 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
TK watched the screen from his office as the Squad walked on. He turned his personal datapad on as he pulled read the personnel record of the squad members. "Ohkies... paperwork..." TK muttered to himself as he pulled out eight tracking sheets, each filled with the training details of the squad members.

"Aah, lets get this over and done with" TK once again muttered to himself as he picked up his headset.
"Moonbeam this is Sunray, Message. Over" TK spoke with a casual tone.
"Sunray this is Moonbeam, Go ahead. Over" Yillis replied.
"Moonbeam, Sunray, ensure that all troopers have a go at initiating RATEL. Over" TK ordered.
"Sunray, Moonbeam, wilco. Over" Yillis replied.
"Moonbeam this is Sunray, out" TK said as he ended the transmission.

He looked at the screen once more and watched as Yillis informed Hellra of the given order. He organised the tracking sheets he held in his hand and pinned them accordingly onto the notice board hanging on his office wall. As he walked back into his chair he picked up his training syllabus. TK looked at the screen once more as he sat back down. He picked up his PAC20 Visual Wrist Com and opened up it's text messaging screen.

Yillis, I am now recording all rado tellecommunications, the marking starts as of this moment TK messaged.
Roger roger Sarge Yillis replied.

TK opened his training syllabus as he pressed the record button. "And now... To plan for our future missions" TK muttered. He opened up his message inbox in the hope that his current training syllabus has been approved by the newly appointed platoon commander. "Nope... Not yet" TK spoke to himself in a quiet tone. He held his pen and opened a new page in his training syllabus.

Lancer Squad: Specialised MOUT Training (1st Draft)
Module 1 - Ship boarding
A - Introduction to MOUT in non-planetary areas.
B - Boarding ship tactics
C - Forced entry tactics
D - Stealth entry tactics
E - Tactical movements and formation within a ship environment

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman - Master Chef
-=Lancer Squad=- -=SL=- -=Sunray=-
SL/SSG TK-112/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA] [SoS] [GRoM]

Hellra
ComNet Member

Hellra

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  443
August 6, 2005 4:05:50 AM    View the profile of Hellra 
Hellra nodded confused. Yillis was giving her the orders he received from TK.
"But, we are already doing it, I mean you already told us at the beginning of this training what we have to do" said Hellra shaking her head, while Splinter was listening curiously.
"Hellra, I am just doing what TK ordered me to tell you" came Yillis's voice over.
"This is Moonbeam over"
Hellra sighed; sometimes she really didn't know where she stands with him. Why she didn't know, and she had a knack for messing things up, he was so serious with his job as ASL, something she, no, the squad appreciated since they needed that dedication. She shook her thoughts clear as Darr-Rann walked over to report.

"Well, its stomach is definitely one of its weaker spots, hmm, and just behind the shoulder, it can use its head to knock over if it wants, so basically it just takes to weaken it and then kill it" said Darr-Rann wiping his hands on the grass, blood covering his armour, and a bit of his helmet.

"Hmm," Hellra's eyes were narrowed in concentration.
"If I am correct we have to reach some kind of camp, we would have to walk about another mile, then turn ninety degrees East, but we could walk just half a mile, and then cut it short with forty-five degrees, " suggested Hellra.
"Short cuts are dangerous," commented Darr-Rann thoughtfully.
"I know," said Hellra, her fingers tapping on her rifle.
"Do we know the terrain we might come across to?" asked Splinter
Soon, a heated a discussion followed whether they should take a short cut or not.

"It isn't like we are walking on a path now anyways, and we shouldn't waste time either" said Hellra.
"True, but we might come across a river or stream," argued Darr-Rann.
"And I am a CE, and I passed my bridging and rigging spec. But it depends of course on how big the river is," said Hellra.
"Well, I am in for it" voted Splinter.
"I am not against it either, but we just need to plan before we do something stupid," commented Darr-Rann seriously.
"I know, and that is what we are doing right now, aren't we&Anyway, we take the short-cut, we come across a river, if the stream isn't to strong we can always just cross it, if it is big but a weak stream, we can build a raft, if it is a small stream but strong current, we can use to ropes to cross it, how does that sound?" asked Hellra as Darr-Rann and Splinter listened intently.

"Sounds good to me," said Splinter.
"Hmm, lets see what else can happen?" asked Darr-Rann more to himself then them.
"What if we come across a canyon?" pointed Splinter out.
"It depends, yet again, hmm, good question," answered Hellra.
"We might come across anything, even if we take the long way. I vote we take the forty-five degrees walk" voted Darr-Rann making up his mind.

The three lancers were silent for a few minutes each try to point out any major flaw that could stop them.
"Well, this training is for experience, so lets go, we should always expect the unexpected," said Hellra, she grabbed her vibroblade that hung at her side.
"What?" she asked at Darr-Rann and Splinter's confused faces.
"Why are you taking you vibroblade out?" asked Splinter.
"Well, suppose we get attacked again, something jumps on us, our rifles wouldn't do much good, and I am poor at aiming," said Hellra. She gripped her vibroblade in her right hand, while she had her rifle ready in her left.
"Hmm, Splinter you are the best aimer between us, get your blaster pistol out also, then you can do long-range shots and short range"
Splinter nodded, as he secured his blaster-pistol and shifted it at his waist, reachable when needed.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Hellra
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited August 6, 2005 6:06:06 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The calm before a storm (Lancer Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:16:50 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 219  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >