Topic:  Nazgul Topic
Kalron
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  16
  RE: Nazgul Topic
May 20, 2005 2:49:30 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
Oh well what do you think about this place so far ????

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1350
Total Posts:  3245
May 20, 2005 2:54:17 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Welcome, Kalron. Guys, I'm back from an unexpected LoA. I'd like to be updated if possible. Thanks.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Jack Nebulax, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/PO1 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Magistrate Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Rallos, Imperial Directorate (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Rallos/Cantrell/Diadem
Admiral Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Wing I (Nemesis Wing) of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF)
Kalron
ComNet n00b

Kalron

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  9
May 20, 2005 2:56:40 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
Yes Sir.

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1354
May 20, 2005 2:59:22 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Hey, hang loose. None of us are really officers yet, so feel free to just call us "man" or by our first names or something. We're here for fun.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

XO/FL/PO1 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Magistrate Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Rallos, Imperial Directorate (http://www.directorate.net/)
Admiral Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Wing I (Nemesis Wing) of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF)
Kalron
ComNet n00b

Kalron

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  10
May 20, 2005 3:00:54 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
Ok cool.

Like the Uniform I just bought it

*shows off his new uniform*

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1362
May 20, 2005 3:10:54 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Kal, you'll find that the VE Navy isn't so much being serious. It's a ton of fun. There are so many things to do. Just remember, stay active and HAVE FUN!!

-----------------------

DJ234
ComNet Cadet

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  286
Total Posts:  794
May 20, 2005 3:11:57 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Ya and post on the Stories it will bring out your character more

-----------------------
We ride together we stay together Nazgul

----------------------
FM/CRW DJ234/Nazgul 8/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Kalron
ComNet n00b

Kalron

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  11
May 20, 2005 3:15:11 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
Ok I have an Idea for a story

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
DJ234
ComNet Cadet

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  287
May 20, 2005 3:17:03 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
well you can make your own or u can post on exsisting stories or in your squad stories

-----------------------

----------------------
Kalron
ComNet n00b

Kalron

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  13
May 20, 2005 3:17:59 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
any suggestions

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
DJ234
ComNet Cadet

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  294
May 20, 2005 3:23:50 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Well we are already doing a Nazgul Vacation story so that thing kinda confuses things

-----------------------

----------------------
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1364
May 20, 2005 6:33:56 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Okay, Kalron, first of all, in order to start a new story please get Shazam's approval before posting a topic. And the Emperor himself? He's dead. We're in the Thrawn Era. Please, don't do this again. But you're new, so don't worry about it for now.

-----------------------

Kalron
ComNet n00b

Kalron

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  15
May 20, 2005 9:02:25 PM    View the profile of Kalron 
Sorry won't happen again

-----------------------
Glory to the Navy
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1548
Total Posts:  4197
May 21, 2005 12:12:42 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
You'll be receiving a message about the squadron and what you'll be expected to do.  I should tell you now though...  Please don't over post.  Whats that mean? 

*Note for eveyone* Do not post if it is not needed.  If your going to be stupid, at least add something in with it to be of some use.  Don't go saying 'yes sir' or 'I'm sorry' all the time, and try to avoid doule and especially triple posting.  You shouldn't have to worry about that though. 

Welcome to our two new recuits, and hopefully we can finish up this vacation story soon and I think we can start on another one that I think should be far better planned out and more interesting.  A set story line from the beginning, so we don't dig ourselves into a whole.  It think that would work much better than the 'just add to a story line you know nothing about' plan.  In time maybe we can revert back to it...

Also, quick announcement, and your going to miss this if you like to skim my post, but I think its necessary to get this goin. 

Guys, we now have a third squadron opened.  We have three of the original squadrons up and running.  For those of you who have no idea what this means, it 'means' that theres competion.  Of course, the ultimate goal of the Navy is to work in a peaceful manner that reflects the good, but powerful and distinguished power that is the VEN.  However, within that great cooperation between groups, there is also competition.  We have to start stepping it up guys.  You compete, but you respect at the same time, always keep that in mind.  This club is for fun, and we can not become personal enemies of any sort.  If you lose, you lose, and you take it like a winner.  Kind of an oxymoron, but go with the rambling for a second. 

What I'm really leading up to, is that the requirements for this squadron will probably become very rigid within the coming months, which should be quite fitting considering the fact summer is approaching so fast.  The first of probably several new measures is of course 'reports'.  From now on, and I mean this is a requirement, an absolute must...  You have to turn in a weekly report.  If you can't get around, you have to let us know, must know that is.  The reports must be sent to your flight leader, the XO, and the Squadron commander.  If your flight leader just so happens to be either XO or SC, then you'll only have two people to send a message to. 

Good luck, and also keep in mind that this means more advancement oppertunities.  Lets keep things running smoothly and not disrupt the flow.  The slightlest ripple can be the beggining of the largest waves...  Watch yourselves and be smart.

(OH, and Jack, I would really appreciate if you could update that yahoo message group so that everyone who's just been added to the squadron is on there and I can use it to make announcements like it was initally created for...  Those will be coming out soon, btw...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited May 21, 2005 1:29:48 AM)]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  520
Total Posts:  1963
May 21, 2005 1:41:34 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
The google message thing he means, and I believe that this should really be inforced.  I know I won't have to do much with my flight because everyone always reports into me, and it goes along pretty well.  I have seen tons of activity from my flight, and I am very proud of them.  If it comes to it that I have to leave the squadron for any means, I hope you guys keep kickin' it.

May the Vast Empire Navy live on, and make another mark for itself.  Especially Nazgul, the best Squadron I have ever been in.  Hope you guys keep it up, and keep our reputation high.  We will become Elite, no doubt....

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Murphy

FL/SCRW Jaden/Nazgul 9/Phoenix Wing/mSSD AtrusVEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1367
May 21, 2005 9:04:24 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Got it, Shazam. I'll get to work on it ASAP.

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1552
May 21, 2005 9:34:36 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Lemme know when you've got that working.  And I thought I'd ask you guys what you think of this idea I have for writing the stories.

Since it appears we can't plan stuff on our own so far ahead without planning, and even then its possible change could occur, maybe we should just give the endings away in the beginning.  I mean, would it bother you guys, if in another post I told you what happened at the end, that way you guys could create as many twist and what not as you like?  I'm not sure anyone in the Navy has ever tried that approach but would you guys like to try it?

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  977
Total Posts:  2143
May 21, 2005 9:55:32 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
That's sort of what I did when I lead DD and it led to reasonably coherent and logical stories that were both fun, but had a framework so as to provide ideas to those posting.  What I would suggest is that we set a weekly meeting time that everyone can actually attend consistently, and spend part of that time working out our story missions.  We can plan as a group what our mission should be and a reasonable framework as to what we will be doing and what outcome we can expect.

Now obviously, this doesn't mean we should stifle creativity.  What this does is create a framework for how the story should progress.  Within that framework, we can have plot twists, surprises, etc. (otherwise it wouldn't be much fun).  But at least this way, with every twist, we ultimately know what we are aiming for as an end result so we can adapt accordingly and make the story flow and be realistic and coherent.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  978
May 21, 2005 10:13:33 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Alright, this post is not really much of a biography of my character.  What I am seeking to do here is simply give an outline of who my character is, what he looks like, and how he acts (something I know I should have done ages ago for you guys but have not).  The biography is actually being written slowly, piece by piece, throughout our stories.  Since much of my character's past is unknown to him (reasons to be explained later), he is undergoing some flashbacks and rediscovery of himself throughout our stories.  However, here is basically a guide: Arturus 101, so you have an idea what my character is like when you post.

Description:

Name: Corran "Arturus" Hargraves

Home Planet: Corellia

Marital Status: Quasi-engaged to Lieutenant Taylsha Nightrider

Height: 185cm

Weight: 77kg

Hair Colour: Dark brown with some faint, natural, dark red highlights

Eye Colour: Hazel

Facial Hair: Clean Shaven

Emotional Description:

Arturus generally keeps to himself and if seen with anyone, it is Taylsha Nightrider.  He has a reputation for generally being distant and adrift from whatever squadron he is in.  Arturus is generally very intense when it comes to dealing with navy affairs and is known to have a firey temper when provoked.  He also is often seen as being distant, his mind in deep thought and has recently seemed to have been emotionally troubled though he has not disclosed why to anyone except Taylsha Nightrider.  Arturus also errs on the side of caution, keeping a blaster with him at all times and trusting only those whom he has known for a long time and have proven they are worthy of his trust.  Arturus is a man of few words and sometimes appears to be aloof because of that though that is a false impression.

VEN Record:

Arturus started his VE career in Viper Squadron.  After a couple of months he accepted a transfer to Nazgul Squadron and was named a Flight Leader.  He worked his way up to Executive Officer before taking command of the Squadron.  Shortly there after, due to declining overall activity in VEN, Nazgul Squadron was disbanded and Arturus was moved to Kaph Squadron.  There he took command of a Flight before becoming Executive Officer and then Squadron Commander.  He led Kaph Squadron on three separate occasions before finally stepping down and taking a long leave of absence.  When he came back, he transferred back to Nazgul Squadron where he remains today.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  301
May 21, 2005 10:16:18 AM    View the profile of DJ234 
Thats Nice Arturus i like it i can't make one that good

-----------------------

----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1553
May 21, 2005 10:57:21 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Would you like me to put that on the site?  Or are you going to be making another one?

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  981
May 21, 2005 11:03:39 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Sure, put it for now.  The other one will be a while still.

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1555
May 21, 2005 11:20:54 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Alright man.  And some more news for all of you, Jack, I used your mailing list to send this out alread, so atleast this'll get to people some how, one way or another.

As of right now, and this is another one of the new activities we'll be undergoing to improve our abilities and enhance the strengths of our already active members, is to find out 'what we can do'.  I want everyone, and I mean everyone, to tell me what type of 'skills' they have. 

Whats that mean?  Simply put, I want to know if you have web design skills, graphic skills, research skills, musical skills...  Whatever.  Let us know, this way we can turn our squadron into an actual 'productive group,' one that supplies instead of demands.  We become more independant, relying on ourselves instead of the busy schedules of others... 

Anything and everything must be known so we can organize you in a top knotch, efficient way that will over all lead us to a smooth, cool running.  Nazgul Squadron, reborn out of the ashes of what was and what is now the hopefully future 'elite' squadron.  Lets get on this guys. 

I would like everyone to post thier strengths or abilities on the Nazgul thread so that everyone can view them and maybe allow for a team assignment or coordination to occur.  Lez go.

-CWO Shazam (Commander of Nazgul Squadron)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  303
May 21, 2005 11:24:49 AM    View the profile of DJ234 
Alright well i mostly do web design and graphic skills i also like to research and I am good at programing

-----------------------

----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  982
May 21, 2005 12:48:39 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
I know html but other than that, I'm not very good with computers.  I can supply plenty of ideas :P

-----------------------

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  529
May 21, 2005 1:13:37 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
I can make websites, and Game.....

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  983
May 21, 2005 1:15:46 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
You make graphics DJ?????

This is good!!!!!

-----------------------

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  531
May 21, 2005 1:18:01 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Well, I know Gio, a.k.a Aldur, can make some pretty bad ass banners if we need some, and he is good at making maps for JO and stuff like that.  I can make maps for X vs. Tie, and other games....

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  62
Total Posts:  317
May 21, 2005 1:50:42 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
Well, I can't make banners, but I do know someone who might be able to make some if we need them. I have 'musical talent', I guess. I can somewhat play the piano, play the tenor saxophone, and I sing. I can research and I can help us come up with ideas for things.

-----------------------
Jen Knight
Vast Empire Navy
FM/CRW Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1371
May 21, 2005 6:01:25 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Well, I have successfully updated the Google group now. I included Seth only because he'll be coming back soon to the squadron. And also, Shazam, you could change the membership since I have you marked down as an owner with me... Just to let you know.

BTW, nice biography, Art.

-----------------------

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Nazgul Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:21:48 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 111  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >