Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: War discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: War discussion
Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  154
Total Posts:  151
  RE: Counterpunch: War discussion
December 12, 2012 11:41:55 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
I'm hoping to have a post up tomorrow afternoon, as I have a few hours of spare time but I'm in full blown finals mode. For the past week or so it's been nothing but papers and presentations. Now it's more of a testing basis for the remaining classes, so it's letting up. I'm done after Monday though, so my activity will improve greatly.
JBO/CPO Fyston "Fy" Sutsgy/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A 2Flt/FC/VEN/VE [SoA] (=^NDr^=) (CAR) {AFM} {Infl} {Inter} {XenMA}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2197
Total Posts:  3784
December 13, 2012 12:06:04 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Good to hear it, Fy!  As always, rl comes first, so just do your best. 
CNW/CDR Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post Number:  607
Total Posts:  973
December 13, 2012 8:44:48 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
He just wants to write more improper officer-NCO fraternization. I should know, having unknowingly set him on this path...
WC/LTJG DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

TRN/JRN DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  156
December 14, 2012 1:09:41 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
A day later than usual (due to my computer deciding a minor update would destroy my computer if I didn't get it), my post is up. Less Enlisted-Officer fraternizing this time around.
JBO/CPO Fyston "Fy" Sutsgy/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A 2Flt/FC/VEN/VE [SoA] (=^NDr^=) (CAR) {AFM} {Infl} {Inter} {XenMA}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2202
December 14, 2012 2:32:42 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
And some poetic phrases in there, too.  Nice, Fyston.

Okay, everyone: my day is suddenly very busy, but when I get home tonight, I'm writing the post that will start the invasion.  Last few hours to post before we move on! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB]

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  564
Total Posts:  718
December 16, 2012 12:26:27 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
Putting the finishing touches on the closing post for our sim arc right now. Sorry for the delay, we'll be in the present following this one, I promise.
FM/WO2/Maroy/Cobalt 5/S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG] [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC:P]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2207
December 16, 2012 12:30:36 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I was running late with this last post, so I'm hardly in a position to judge, Maroy.    Finish up ASAP, and yeah, let's move on to Bloodmoon!

When we first arrive at Bloodmoon, the plan is for the system to be relatively undefended.  As we're dealing with the two, maybe three picket ships, and readying our landing forces to deal with Bloodmoon itself, the entire remaining strength of the ID Navy jumps in!    So, feel free to advance the story a bit, folks, using that outline as your guide!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Maroy
ComNet Member

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  566
Total Posts:  718
December 16, 2012 1:44:25 AM    View the profile of Maroy 
Posted. I didn't really like it, but I guess writers are rarely completely happy with their work

A rather anticlimatic ending to our little sim arc story. It was rushed, but at least we have a bit of closure on that. Moving on to the next phase of the story from here on out.
FM/WO2/Maroy/Cobalt 5/S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE (=*A*=) [GCM] [CBV] [IG] [MC2] [MC1] [VC:B] [LoM] [CC:P]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2208
December 16, 2012 1:48:00 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I actually really liked it, Maroy.  That was a very good arc, Chlovi folks: introduced your characters and NPCs, and gave a good sense of where you want to go with interpersonal stuff and career/training directions.

I'm already working on my next post, to get us into action with the ID a little more definitively.  Can't wait to see everyone in action!

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  592
Total Posts:  1214
December 16, 2012 1:50:59 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay, I moved the story forward slighty!  The Second Fleet has arrived at the Bloodmoon, and there are three vessels in orbit.  Two Lancer frigates and an Enforcer cruiser.

More importantly, I have launched the shuttle containing the VENI strike force!

Lastly, I put into that post a tradition for my crew.  In the real world, Navies (such as the Royal Navy and the U.S. Navy) have prayers to say before going into battle.  Star Wars has no gods to pray to (not for humans, at least) but I wanted something similar.  So I made up a poem, and will enter it in the wiki page for the Brilliant as an ongoing ritual on my ship.
SCAP/CWO Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:1][=*Eng*=][=^BO^=]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2209
December 16, 2012 1:53:26 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
I really do love having a competent, efficient, talented Fleet Executive Officer.    Well done, Serpent.

I like the addition of the poem, and I appreciate you zooming us forward to Bloodmoon and launching the VENI shuttle. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  326
Total Posts:  438
December 16, 2012 3:49:46 AM    View the profile of Dunny 
Sir, reporting that the 50th have finished training and stand ready for battle.

I'll bring our team down to the hangar bay with my next post.
SCO|SCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt One|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2218
December 18, 2012 9:31:20 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Okay, we should be really ready, now, to jump in with battle posts!  The ID reinforcements jump in about 3 minutes after we do... that means the VENI folks should either still be on final descent, or else just barely landed, when they arrive.  Also, VENI guys, you have several fighters buzzing around the area, so you may not be able to risk a direct approach.

Any questions, let me know.  If not, post! 

Also, I see we have several recruits in various stages of training... the second I get word from Academy staff, I'll get 'em placed, so squadron commanders, you should have more OOC manpower to work with for this stage of the battle.  And, yes, I want new people to be integrated as quickly as possible, so just retcon their PC into the squadron to replace an NPC, please.

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  157
December 21, 2012 2:04:38 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
I hope to get a post up later today (it's 2am my time). I've been extremely burnt out from finals, so I've been dropping in and reading things, but otherwise I just haven't felt up to doing anything.
Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  569
Total Posts:  1245
December 21, 2012 3:49:32 AM    View the profile of Hades 
As tedious as it was, i managed to catch up on reading the story. Great work so far, everyone. All the story needs now is more Hades

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
SCO | MCPO "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
XNT | MCPO "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

[MC1] [CBV] [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC] [NSM] [LoM] [CC:2]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA}  (=*SWC*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  617
December 21, 2012 4:20:14 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
You even read the two 6k posts on your phone?

And I agree - the story does need more Hades. On the plus side once we blow up the facility there'll be Hades all over the place. "Over there, over there, and up there!"
WC/LTJG DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  570
December 21, 2012 6:09:25 AM    View the profile of Hades 
i may have skipped through some insignificant parts <_< and... Yay. Hades.

SCO | MCPO "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

VENI

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  595
December 21, 2012 7:37:26 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Staggering posts there!  Some major work going in to this story indeed!

As some of you know I am about to go away for Christmas (headed to the States) and have been really busy this week at work.  Hopefully I shall get a post up tomorrow, and then a day later I'll be off.

Let's keep up the great work everyone!

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Scooter
ComNet n00b

Scooter

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  13
December 21, 2012 7:41:45 AM    View the profile of Scooter 
Read my SC's post only.  e.e

Also, I'll throw one up there when I get home much, much later tonight, probably around 11 my time.

Apparently I have to work while the world is ending... and it's my brothers' birthday, so... looks like a movie for me tonight too.  Yay.

Don't take all the fun from me, Strill~
Leading Crewman Kara Moon reporting for duty!!!

FM - LCRW Kara "Scooter" Moon - S:58 Strill Squadron - W:101 "Blade" - ISD-II Adjudicator - TF:A - 2Flt - SFC - VEN - VE
Avalar
ComNet Cadet

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  290
Total Posts:  786
December 21, 2012 11:29:11 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Happy apocalypse everyone. I'll be posting sometime today too for Chlovi. Don't think I can make a 6k post for this, but I feel encouraged to try >.>

Also Hades, I applaud you for reading even if you did skip some parts. After reading Pestilence I said, "Screw this" and read AAR's until Dunny's post.
FM/SCRW Avalar/Cobalt 12/S:50 Chlovi/W:101 Blade/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/VEN/VE [SoA]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2229
December 21, 2012 4:14:50 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Impressive.  Most impressive.

Just a reminder, though: you shouldn't be writing 6k posts just to say you've written them. 

I appreciate the good-natured competition, but I'd like to offer us all a challenge: let's get better at coordination, OOC, so that the end of this story reads more smoothly than the ones that have come before.  Collaboratively told stories like these - that are also role-playing games - are never going to be as tightly-plotted or evenly compelling/suspenseful as single-author narratives.  But let's aim to get closer, so when people have to catch up, they're riveted! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  598
December 22, 2012 9:02:32 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Okay, I have posted and the Brilliant is now in battle!

I have staked out a little portion of the battle for my own, if that's okay.  I am going to detail a 2 vrs 2 Capital Ship battle.  From the VE will be the VSD Brilliant and the Strike Cruiser Vengeful.  Their foes will be the Imperial Dominion's VSD2 Ravisher and the Nebulon-B Howling Hydra.

The introduction to this battle will, alas, be my last post of the year!  I go now for two weeks in the USA.  See ye all when I get back, and keep up the outstanding work in my absence!

(I shall post in the official Leave thread tomorrow morning before I depart)

DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  621
December 22, 2012 9:08:39 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Dang, will miss ya' Serpent. Hurry back

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2233
December 24, 2012 5:08:03 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I'm loving the personal introductions, pilots!  Way to weave together different points of view to enrich a moment!  Deep, I also love the sense of humor in your VENI pilot NPC.

Happy holidays, folks.  I anticipate a bit of a lull, this next week and a half, and that's okay.  But, as added incentive, know that as I'm evaluating everyone's contributions, extra weight will be given to story posts over the next week and a half.  In other words, all holiday-time posts will be seen as above-and-beyond the call of duty, which will be reflected when I consider who receives the Imperial Guardian award, that first week of January.  Don't forget, too, that Captain's Own and Admiral's Own are on the line! 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  158
December 26, 2012 4:21:08 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
Hey guys, I apologize for not really being here the past few days. That and not getting a post up. I didn't realize family was coming into town and, thus, I've had way less time on a computer. They're not slated to leave until Friday, but I hope to get a post up by then.

Catching up's probably going to take a while, as it looks like there's been quite a bit of progress.
Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  573
December 29, 2012 12:20:47 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Alright; While I'm still technically on leave due to lack of apt posting mechanism, I managed to steal my sister's computer to type up a post that brings me up to date and Hades into the story -- he's currently aboard the Scythe, but plans to escape.. somehow

Don't know when I'll have computer access again, but I'll get on when I can to post more often! As a side note and perhaps more importantly, Happy Holidays

VENI

DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  628
December 29, 2012 12:37:04 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
You mean you're not on the moon? But, but... we even brought a bomb along

These are now Sad Holidays... Unless you treat everyone with booze. Better yet, you treat me with everyone's booze. Now those would be some awesome Happy Holidays...

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  2239
December 29, 2012 12:42:35 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
So good to see a post from you, Hades!  Way to overcome adversity! 

And, since you've been away, I'll say it again: Happy Holidays. 

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  574
December 29, 2012 7:31:33 PM    View the profile of Hades 
I do my best Sir :P /me subtly slides deep some booze

VENI

DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  629
December 30, 2012 7:44:32 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
/me takes the booze and stashes it away

So very good to have you back Hades...

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: War discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:57:57 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 75  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >