ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
  RE: Battle of the systems
June 11, 2002 3:38:14 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Well, personally one of my favorite games to play ever is Mario Party.  The Gamecube being kid-friendly isn't the problem with me, it's the lack of third-party support.  And Jubei, even as we speak the game developers have pretty much overcome the problems with the coding.  They have the vast majority of third-party support because a) they are the market leader and b) it's no longer impossible to code for. Halo was an alright game...but Devil May Cry was the ultimate game, and I can't wait for DMCII to come out.  The games make the system, and the system that wins the war is PS2.  What would Nintendo (the original) have been like without great games like the Legend of Zelda?  I'll tell you where.  In the trash can.  But with great games, the system excels.  I still break out SNES games pretty often because they are so damn good.  and while Halo was good, one game can't flagship an entire system into longevity.  They need more than one game that's terrific.  The XBox controller is the most revolting thing in the world, which is another reason why I am so anti-XBox.  I knew when Microsoft tried to pry it's dirty little fingers into the console gaming industry that they'd have raw power at their backs, but I was afraid they'd get the great games, too.  Luckily, that hasn't happened, and it doesn't look like it's going to.  GO PS2!!!!!!

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Priest, Dark Lord of the Krath, Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
Give in to your hatred.  Give in to your anger.  Give in to the Dark Side.
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
June 11, 2002 6:28:37 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
DOA3 Riel DOA3 but besides that... XBox EVIL because BILL GATES EVIL! Game Cube Rules generally because its gonna Have JK2 on it now!!!!! even though the Xbox will also at least the controls are friendly on the GC. and PS2? GAH! its ok only cuz it rocks the RPG world, amoung general action games, though now its overthrown by Xbox with Marrowwind now so that basically means they elimnate each other and Game Cube RULES ALL. JK2 on GameCube & Xbox Late Winter Season! other good games coming: Bounty Hunter, Robotech, Kameo, Phantasy Star, the other Resident Evils, and of course The Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings games (j/k bout the last two)   ----------------------- WO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony] CM/DJK LoneWolf/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ Army character: Ares "We are born in pain, and die in pain, and know pain throughout. to deny this is to express belief in the unprovable." -Republic Senator Elegos
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited June 11, 2002 6:36:48 PM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
June 12, 2002 1:43:09 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Don't forget Final Fantasy is now coming to Gamecube to, so PS2 won't have a full monopoly on good RPG's!

-----------------------
EFM/PO1 JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(=SA=)(MC1)

"In order to find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
June 12, 2002 1:47:38 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
*mumble mumble cough cough* Dreamcast is the best *cough cough mumble mumble* PSO was great, SKOA was awesome, Grandia II was better on DC, Marvel vs Capcom 2, SHENMUE!!!!, and so on....NFL 2K2, and so on...best sports games, smallest size, awesome graphics, pioneered the 128bit system, as Saturn did the 32,

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
Master of the "Way of the Juu"
TRP/SGT Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE/

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity."  -Maximus Decimus Meridious
"God invented alcohol so the Irish wouldn't rule the world" -unknown
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
June 12, 2002 10:40:12 PM    View the profile of g5 
ok, on the size thing, it doesn't really matter, you set it on the floor, on your VCR, whatever, doesn't really matter, the size isn't that important. the PS2 customize thing, kinda cool, but the Xbox already comes with the hardrive, don't have to pay an extra 200. now, all that said, i like PC the most, mouse and keyboard are way more versatile than a game pad. consoles are fun, and certain game types, namely sports, are more fun on a console. after that, either PS2 or Xbox, either way, they each have plusses. eventually Xbox will have more games, PS2 did have a year advantage, and Xbox does have more graphic potential. I think in raw potential, Xbox is the best, but right now, i'd happily go out and throw down 200 for a ps2, if only i had 200. whicheverfloats your boat, as long as it isn't GC The PA thing heth brought up, Tycho has said it isnt' that big a deal, it's just different, and i believe gabe said the same. you don't notice the Xbox size, and the controller i actually like the fel of more than a PS2, and especially the GC's pile of crap

-----------------------
WC/LCM G5
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

June 14, 2002 8:35:26 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Interestingly enough, in my monthly PSM (loyal subscriber for three years now) I have seen the first screenshots for the following PS2 games.... Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers Bond's new game (Nightfire or something along those lines.) And I'll say this about both of them.... DAMN!!!!! Lord of the Rings starts off at the battle of Weathertop with you controlling Aragorn against the five Ringwraiths.  You control Legolas, Gimli, or Aragorn, and after each "stage" you'll decide which one you wish to improve stat-wise.  It looks like it's an action/RPG, and it looks unbelievable.  They did a great job capturing the movie in the game, with the scenery looking so increadibly amazing.  The bond game will by far surpass Agent Under Fire, which had a few problems and offered little in inovation. Face it, you can't top PS2 when it comes to quality games.  The other systems may get a few table scraps from PS2, but the great ones shall remain in Sony's tote bag.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Slackeruk1982
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  67
Total Posts:  67
June 14, 2002 9:22:07 AM    View the profile of Slackeruk1982 
Gamecube is less fun than a McDonalds straw, PS2 not bad, But you are never gonna be able to play games online unlike with the OH MY GOD it's to big who cares XBOX. HALOHALOHALO

-----------------------
Crewman Slackeruk
Snake
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  44
June 14, 2002 6:51:30 PM    View the profile of Snake 
ok, the nightfire game is coming to Xbox too, official Xbox Magazine had it last month, so nyah. Slack, I think you should teach a class on period use, maybe you could revolutionize the quality of sentence sturcture in the english language.

-----------------------
SGM Snake
Wildcard XO
If you can stand to lose, you'll never win.
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
June 14, 2002 9:51:53 PM    View the profile of JMac 
I'll have you know McDonald's straws are a lot of fun!!!

-----------------------
EFM/PO1 JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(=SA=)(MC1)

"In order to find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
DarkRyo
ComNet n00b

June 27, 2002 12:17:18 AM    View the profile of DarkRyo 
PS2 JUST cause it has a DVD player. I use my ps2 prob 3 times as much for DVD's as I do for games....why play video games when u can play computer games that are cheaper and longer AND multiplayer
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 27, 2002 1:49:39 PM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
*NEWSFLASH* X-BOX has a better DVD player. And X-Box live is gonna be online in he next dew months which means...............HALO FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/SGT/Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE
"Being challenged is inevitable...Being defeated is optional" -unknown
"We may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" -unknown
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 27, 2002 11:26:08 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
gameCUBE ROX BIGTIME! Here's my summary of all three systems: PS2 has the LEAST amount of power in its black shell of doom.  The ONLY reason why it has sold more is because its been out for a freakin 2 YEARS!  The controller buttons aren't well placed, and the triggers are kinda weird. X-box has the most power of the three.  The games for it are all trash 'cept for Jedi Starfighter.  Its controllers make you feel like you're controlling a star destroyer by yourself.  The button placement on the X-box controllers SUCK!  Too Big! gameCUBE (/me smiles) has the second strongest power, has controllers that rock this world, and the greatest lineup of games EVER!  About the Kid-lookingness - Why does small always have to be wimpy?  Smallness ROX!  and the DVD thing is kinda weird.  Who actually watches DVD's on their PS2 or X-box? I'm sorry liquid, but PSX is slowly falling.  X-box has no games out that are worth playing, 'cept Jedi Starfighter(Which by the way, is coming out for gameCUBE) and even though Nintendo isn't perfect, I must say that gameCUBE ROX! (hehe, had to do that!) Also, I must admit that I liked the "normal" Link better, but hey, he DOES live in a farytale world!  I can't wqait for it's release! Fury? The Lord of the Rings?  *coughgameCUBEtoocough*   ----------------------- TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE "So chkool ROOL ya pool ya-ya ool-ra si pachki chka coo-shoo-koo poo-yoo-wa twee-pee." - Greedo
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited June 27, 2002 11:29:25 PM)]
Jubei Nimiichi
ComNet n00b

June 28, 2002 1:30:39 AM    View the profile of Jubei Nimiichi 
AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!! do not dis what you have not tried...HALO is the single greatest game on the market. I do watch DVD's on my X-BOX, b/c i dont have a DVD player on my gaming TV. AS for games, this fall, LOTR is coming for X-BO X, Crazy Taxi 3, Army of 1 (if you've seen the specs, its gonna be better than Metal gear ever was.), Panzeer Dragoon Orta (Old saturn title, one of th greatest games ever.) Stell Battallion, a mech game which will come with a 40 botton, 2 flight yoke controller, with 3 foot pedals (talk about tizzight) Star Wars Knights of theOld REpublic wil be the best thing since Phantasy Star Online, and X-BOXlive will have voice chat, and is all broadband network...that mean no lag, its all run by Mircosoft, plus, X-BOX has its internet modem built in, so you dont have to buy the add on like for GC and PS2. Oh and X-BO X has Dolby Digital 5.1 surround descrambled built it, which = one kick@$$ sound system. I'm done, thats all, its wrapped up X-BO X RULEZ!!!!!!

-----------------------
§è®gèåñ† Jubèî Ñîmîîçhî
®ÅÎÐÈ®§ §QÛÅÐ:
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/SGT/Jubei Nimiichi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VEA/VE
"Being challenged is inevitable...Being defeated is optional" -unknown
"We may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" -unknown
Slackeruk1982
ComNet Novice

June 28, 2002 1:10:15 PM    View the profile of Slackeruk1982 
Very well said HALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALOHALO

-----------------------
Sncrw Slackeruk (=A=)
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

June 28, 2002 4:27:06 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Devil May Cry... *shivers

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 28, 2002 5:05:31 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
OK OK OK OK. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Me, I like gameCUBE. Liquid, you like PS2. Jubei, you like suX_box. (no offense ) This is the last time I will suffer posting here.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"So chkool ROOL ya pool ya-ya ool-ra si pachki chka coo-shoo-koo poo-yoo-wa twee-pee."
- Greedo
Slackeruk1982
ComNet Novice

July 2, 2002 5:23:11 PM    View the profile of Slackeruk1982 
WAIT WAIT Did you say gamecube Dont you mean Lamecube.

-----------------------
CRW Slacker/Flight School/Platform Saratoga/Fleet/VEN/VE
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
July 2, 2002 10:39:49 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Does anyone see some kind of pattern here? Sony will dominate because that's what Playstations do. I only wish the PS2 had the vast array of RPGs that PS One did. I mean, after all, no other kind of game can come close. I live to play RPGs, so all of your other games can rot in the fiery pit. Nintendo will hang on by the edge of its pants because that's what it does. It gets a good game here and there that will propel it onto the next generation ... not to mention all of the loyal fans. And, having Squaresoft back will help. Microsoft will die, just like Sega died. I don't care how much money Bill Gates throws into it. There just aren't enough quality titles. And I don't care about all of your fancy upgrades or proposed online capabilites. I frankly ain't seeing anything online-worthy from any of the systems right now ... what a shame. There's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. AND, if I do change my opinion, I'll still be right.

-----------------------
NTO/SCAP/FL/COM Darkhawk/Raptor 3-1 /ISD II Devastator/OFF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony]

DLS/CM/SG Darkhawk/Sith/Eagle 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

July 2, 2002 11:17:55 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
I'm trying to imagine what Tekken 4 will be like online... *shivers And online RPGs, the ones I've played, are remarkable, so when FFXI comes out, I'm going to have to get some sort of broadband connection to play that sucker.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
July 4, 2002 2:10:50 AM    View the profile of Liquid 
3D, the Gaycube's controllers were modeled after the PS controllers, how can they be gay if you like them so much?

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO EFM/PO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-2 (Aegis Ten)/Wing1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

TRN/IN Liquid/Sith/TBA/TBA/VEDJ

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Mountain Dew and doughnuts...because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Sheepy
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  370
Total Posts:  371
July 4, 2002 5:54:46 AM    View the profile of Sheepy 
X-Box, PS2, Gamecube HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA don't make me laugh, PC is the best, best graphics best games, Half-Life, Return to Castle Wolfenstein Medal of Honor, (I know its on PS2 but its a pile of **** on it AI is appaling for all you gamepad nOOb's to level up and shoot) X-Wing Allaince!!!!!! (maybe bad graphics but the gameplay is good) XVT Anyway if you are going to play FPS games which I like you need a PC unless you by yourself a mouse for youre console, which no-doubt will be a rip-off. Even then I would still beat you!!!! I don't care what you may say but you need a mouse for lightning re-actions in FPS games!!!
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
July 5, 2002 4:20:33 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
So when did we factor PCs into this equation? I mean, really, nothing can match a good PC, so that's not even a good argument.

-----------------------
NTO/SCAP/FL/COM Darkhawk/Raptor 3-1 /ISD II Devastator/OFF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony]

DLS/CM/SG Darkhawk/Sith/Eagle 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Battle of the systems  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:29:26 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 72  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >