Topic:  The Catholic Church
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
  RE: The Catholic Church
May 15, 2002 1:13:53 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
/me gives Argon a big thumbs up You've read Polani haven't you? That stuff is pretty trippy too. I think my work here has been completed for now, time for me to get back to the run-on.

-----------------------
The Head Terrorist
Great Death Leader of the Fallen
The Chief Instigator of Pain and Terror
GN Daishi(2LT Kuroishi)
"Victory through terror, terror through infiltration. Redefining pain and suffering since 2000 and damn proud of it."  Fallen Angels motto.
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
May 15, 2002 11:08:50 AM    View the profile of JMac 
The truth is unchanging.  We can't always see it, but that doesn't mean it  changes.  What changes are our opinions of the truth.  Truth by definition is absolutely correct.  That doesn't mean that what we call the truth is absolutely correct.  We are human, and thus easily fallable.  We like to hear what we want, and always try to see things in a way that matches our beliefs.  That doesn't man that the truth is any less absolute.  I agree that what we call the truth boils down to definition and belief.  That doesn't mean that we should just say that everything's all right.  That would be a falacy.  I have given countless examples of that.    Just because we may be erroneous in how we look at things does not make everything all right.  There are some truths that just are.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
EFM/PO2 JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(MC1)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
"In order to find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
May 15, 2002 6:21:01 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Ooooo, morality, the trippyest of all subjects    How's this, if truth is defined by the absolute, the unchanging, then I can garuntee you that you will never know it in your lifetime.  I can also garuntee that your childeren, their childeren, and their childeren, and another couple thousand generations will never know it in their lifetimes. However, the other theory states that truth is based entirely on belief.  You seem to believe in that, and you believe that some things are absolute truths, so to you, they are.  However, this definition of truth would change when you shift to somebody else, me for example.  Also, it changes as you go through time.  For example, your truths at age 5 won't match up with your truths today, and neither will your truths at age 60. The point is simple, truth is either unnattainable, or it is constantly in motion.  I'm inclined to believe the constantly in motion one, simply because most things in the universe are  Enjoy 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 16, 2002 1:13:06 PM    View the profile of JMac 
Big difference between truth and truths.  Truths are firmly held beliefs. Truth is the exactly right thing.  Big difference.  It is impossible to obtain a full understanding of mthe truth.  All we have to go on is our beliefs in what the truth is. 

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

May 16, 2002 8:12:18 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
And once again we hit my point.  It all boils down to whether truth really is the absolute or whether it is based on belief 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 17, 2002 11:09:58 AM    View the profile of JMac 
How bout we switch subjects.  This issue will never become clearer, cause we do not know all that there is to know. We will never know truth, we will never know al the answers.  If we did then we would be God.  So how bout we move on to a more debatable topic?

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

May 17, 2002 6:37:31 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  The ultimate evil about spiritual quests is that we will never know the truth about truth    Hehehehehehehe  Go ahead, pick another one 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > The Catholic Church  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:56:00 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 96  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >