Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
  RE: The Middle East
May 2, 2002 7:11:25 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
WOOHOO!!!  Go Bear!! Yeah, the US has a past history worse than Iraqs'.  We insist that other nations accept our weapons inspectors, yet we won't allow them to search us for biological weapons that are illegal by international law. Also, the Russians once had a massive stockpile of bio weapons ready to be destroyed lying around in Siberia.  The stuff was guarded by nothing more serious than a bike lock.  All they needed was a little bit of money, and all that crap would've died, but a US Senator managed to destroy the act to give them money by saying that the weapons would cause more damage to the Russian environment than US security.  Hmmm, I wonder  Now, who here still believes that the US is this angelic little country swept up in a sea of evil that has engulfed the world?  If you do, you've got to be out of your mind... Anyways, hope you enjoyed my rant, brought to you by www.guardian.co.uk 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"How boring life would be if everyone felt the same way we do..." - Argon Viper
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
May 3, 2002 1:27:46 PM    View the profile of JMac 
A past history worse then Iraq's!  We may not let weapons inspectors in,  (not that many have demanded to), but at least our president didn't gas his own people!  Get a grip.  If you want to bash the USA, fine, go ahead, but at least have some sort of perspective.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
EFM/PO2 JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(MC1)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
"In order to find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
May 3, 2002 2:41:53 PM    View the profile of Bear 
Iraq: Reduced the Kurdish race to near nothing USA: Reduced the Iroquis, Cherokee, Siox, Apache etc Native American tribes to near nothing Iraq: Invaded Iran and Kuwait USA: Invaded Grenada, Mexico, Canada, Phillipeans etc.. Iraq: Allegedly built enough chemical and biological weapons to kill millions of people today USA: Proven to have built enough weapons to have destroyed the whole world.. 30 years ago Iraq: Forced many immigrants out of country - accused of racism USA: Cut off US-Mexico border with 60 mile long 10 foot high wire fence. Withdrawn benefits to illegal immigrants. Withdrawn schooling to children of children of illegal immigrants. Withdrawn medical insurance, even to those who can easily pay. Iraq: Tells United Nations that they may not enter the country to inspect factories USA: Tells USSR that they must allow them to see evidence of their nuclear weapons being destroyed before they start to destroy any of their own Iraq: Accused of being sympathetic (i.e. tolerating) terrorist groups USA: Proven to tolerate racist extremist groups such as the Ku Klas Klan (however its spelt), Nation of Islam, etc. Iraq: Gives fanatics weapons, groups them together, and calls them an army USA: Sells weapons over the counter with a credit card to anyone over 18 and without a criminal record. Is even written in the constitution that every American should have the right to own a gun Enjoy   ----------------------- CMDR/CAP Aaron 'Bear' Le'pue/Flight School 1/Training Fleet/Plt Saratoga/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [LSM] [LoC] [NDM] VE Today Chief Editor ----------------------- Bear - [email protected] Vast Empire Today - [email protected]
[This message has been edited by Bear (edited May 3, 2002 2:43:08 PM)]
Sabre
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  65
Total Posts:  65
May 4, 2002 1:02:44 PM    View the profile of Sabre 
Yeah that's good and fine and everything but there is one little difference between Iraq and the United States. Iraq lost. They decided to march into Kuwait and start killing people, so western countries came in and, as we say in Oklahoma, USA, smacked Iraq around like a red-headed step child. They have no rights as far as I'm concerned. "To the victor go the spoils." Iraq on the other hand, is a conquered nation. If the UN wants to send weapons inspectors into Iraq, it can. Saddam Hussein can go suck on an egg. Another thing is, the USA has never used chemical weapons. Iraq has. On the issue of invasion, I do not think that anyone from Great Britain has any right to criticize the United States about invading foreign countries. The territorial conquests of the US pale in comparison to that of the UK who built a worldwide EMPIRE through the conquest of other lands. And how many of the native people were killed by the British forces? Does anybody remember the British war with the Zulu tribe of Africa? How many Zulus died as result of British imperialism. Moving on to the issue of Iraq tolerating terrorist groups and the US tolerating groups such as the Ku Klux Klan. Terrorists groups strike at governments or particular groups of people, the definition was given in another post somewhere. Now any plot to disrupt the workings of the government of the United States is a federal offense. Not liking the government is perfectly acceptable and is guaranteed by the First Amendment. Now take the KKK. The KKK is racist against certain groups of people such as Blacks, Jews, and Catholics. When the KKK is discovered to have plotted acts of violence against any person or group of people, they are thrown in jail like everybody else. They broke the law. But having a rally, burning crosses, and displaying their hatred for people (as much as it makes me sick), is perfectly legal so long as it does not degenerate to violence or plotting physical harm against someone. You can be a member of the KKK without plotting to kill someone. It's really, really hard to be a member of a terrorist organization with plotting against the government or a group of people. Now to a particularly personal point, the one involving the US reducing the number of Indians to near nothing. I can tell you that right now there is Cherokee blood flowing through my veins and I do not have one shred of anger toward the US. You want to know why? Everyone who was involved is dead, and had been dead before my father was born. There is no way to change what happened. It's done. Iraq on the other hand CONTINUES to exterminate people now. That needs to be stopped, period. Eventually the Kurds will forget just like the Indians. ( I'm am Indian, so don't give me that Native American crap.) But the sooner we stop Saddam, the sooner that day will be for the Kurds, and when the US went in to help defeat Saddam Hussein, I was all for it. Next to be addressed: The issue of the USSR and nuclear weapons. Quick question: How many dictators has Russia had in the last 100 years? Two, right? Lenin and Stalin. Now, these men had absolute power over everything in Russia and although nuclear weapons did not exist during Lenin's time, if they had he would have had control over them. When those two guys rose to power, Russia was essentially in the same condition that its in now. So what happens if some dictator with a thirst for blood gets control of them and the US has already disarmed? Bad things. Now let's look at the US side of things. In order for the US to use a nuclear weapon the order would have to be authorized by Congress. The only thing Congress can authorize is the raising of its own salary. As it stands, I'm not too worried about the US using nuclear force. Finally, the point about immigrants in Iraq and the US. Let's look at the original post shall we? Iraq: Forced many immigrants out of country - accused of racism USA: Cut off US-Mexico border with 60 mile long 10 foot high wire fence. Withdrawn benefits to illegal immigrants. Withdrawn schooling to children of children of illegal immigrants. Withdrawn medical insurance, even to those who can easily pay. First, we'll take a look at the Iraq segment. "Forced many immigrants out of the country." So they're jerks, we all knew that already. On to the US side of things. If you'll notice, every time the word immigrant is used, it is immediately preceeded by the word illegal. They entered the country illegally. That's why we built the large fence, to keep people out. Iraq wants people to leave, we don't want them coming in ILLEGALLY in the first place. Get a green card, it's not like it's hard or anything. Oh, it seems in my fervor I forgot the last point, involving guns. I just have one minor revision to that particular statement, which follows: Iraq: Gives fanatics weapons, groups them together, and calls them an army. USA: Gives fanatics weapons, groups them together, and calls them TEXAS! And you're absolutely 100% correct about the right to bear arms being guaranteed by the Constitution, although the age at which you can buy a gun is slightly older. Now consider this. Some states have enacted what are called "Make My Day Laws." These laws essentially go as follows: If you force your way into somone else's home without their permission, they can shoot and kill you with no legal repercussions whatsoever. Any body feel like breaking and entering? I didn't think so.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Gathon 'Sabre'/Venom 3-2/Wing 2/ISD Overlord/VEN/VE (=A=)
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 4, 2002 4:52:46 PM    View the profile of JMac 
/ me cheers! All excellent points, Sabre.  (I'm glad someone finally agrees with me.)  One or two things u missed, though.  Bear:Iraq: Accused of being sympathetic (i.e. tolerating) terrorist groups Iraq goes a little bit beyond that.  They give families of suicide bombers $30,000.  That goes beyond sympathetic.  That is supporting and encoraging terrorism. Bear:Iraq: Gives fanatics weapons, groups them together, and calls them an army USA: Sells weapons over the counter with a credit card to anyone over 18 and without a criminal record. Is even written in the constitution that every American should have the right to own a gun There is a huge difference between USA's gun laws and Iraq.  Iraq gives out military grade automatic weapons, which are illegal in the USA.  Big difference between a hunting rifle or a pistol and an automatic assualt rifle.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 4, 2002 4:56:30 PM    View the profile of JMac 
On a side note, if anyone knows of a place where I can buy a Fightin' whiteys t-shirt please let me know.  You see, there is this one college in Colorado that has a very large American Indian population.  Many of these were radicals, and decided to do something about teams using Indian mascots.  They changed their team name to the fightin' whiteys.  Their mascot is a white guy.  I think it is hysterical, so I would like to purchase one of the shirts.  Thanx.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
May 5, 2002 12:42:24 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Other than to say that, last I checked, the US-Mexican border is more than 60 miles long and that Sabre gets a gold star for venting his spleen, I have a link for JMac and his t-shirt hunt here. BTW, where in OK are you (or are you Japheth in disguise)?

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Spartacus
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  326
Total Posts:  326
May 5, 2002 1:31:52 AM    View the profile of Spartacus 
On May 2nd, a pro-Israeli resolution was introduced by Sen. Joseph Lieberman and passed 94-2 in the Senate. The resolution is considered America's solution to the Middle East problem. The resolution states America's clear support for Israel's actions in the past month (including their recent declaration that they will not let U.N. weapon inspectors into their country) and that we will stand "in solidarity with Israel for every future action she takes against the Palestinians." The resolution further condemned the PLO and stated that Arafat, a terrorist, must be brought to justice. So if Israel executes Arafat or any PLO member, we will fully support that decision. If Israel decides to launch another ethnic-cleansing offensive, we will support that decision as well. No matter what Israel decides to do -- America will support it 100%. We have officially abandoned our role as peace-keeper/negotiator and decided to take sides on the front-lines. A lot of Arabs are not going to take this too lightly... PS. Red5 - The "Make My Day Laws" has one key problem: the phrases "breaking and entering" and "forcing your way in." If you leave your door unlocked and a robber slips in... you can't legally shoot him because he didn't "break" anything or "force" his way in.   ----------------------- "Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole,   I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.   Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." --- William Ernest Henley (1849 – 1903)
[This message has been edited by Spartacus (edited May 5, 2002 1:45:03 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

May 5, 2002 10:55:09 AM    View the profile of Fury 
As Rep. Ray LaHood (Ill.), a Lebanese-descended  man who is on the Arab-American caucus said of a similar vote in the House, it isn't about being pro-Israeli at the expense of Arabs, it was a badly timed vote showing we haven't abandoned our historic ally in the region.  Basically, it is just Congress making sure their constituents know where they stand.  By the way, on the basis that we do support Israel (though not necessarily at the expense of anyone else), LaHood voted "yes" for the resolution.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Red5
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
May 6, 2002 8:25:09 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Hmm, so now we are comparing Iraq to the US? I could do that... Anyways, India, Pakistan, China etc won't really need trade if they nuke one of the world's superpowers out of existence, will they? I doubt that we are China's only driving ambition to grow, and I think that India and Pakistan could probably come up with a solution to their differences long enough to nuke us. You all deny it because you do not want it to happen. Well, face it. They could, (about a 1% chance), so there isn't much to fear. But its that 1% that we are all frightened of. If someone would've told me in 1988 that Russia had an arsenal of biological weapons capable of wiping out most of the US population, I would've laughed in their face, and so would you. We weren't about to admit that the Russians could kill us that easily. But guess what? They could have...then. It is the same with all those oriental people. They could...but they probably won't. They get their stuff from us. They got their nukes and their shiny guns from us. They got their trains and there planes from us. We just sit here cranking out stuff forever. And when we stop, who knows? Maybe we'll all be on Mars by then and just blow up the whole d@mn planet. (These statements do not in any way reflect the views of Vast Empire, its associates, or anyone else involved with them.)

-----------------------
[PO1][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

May 6, 2002 10:45:25 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Um, I started getting yearly estimates of Soviet military strength way back in 1984.  I've basically known since the 6th grade what the Sovs/Russians could do to us.  This scare tactic you live with is nothing new to me or most my age. As for "those orientals" (I'll leave the shredding of your skin to Fallen and Zed), at the least, they would just like us to get the hell out of their neighborhood every so often.  We keep getting into pesky situations where we back Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and various little ethnic groups that tend to be on someone's hit list.  Plus, we're all-around international busy-bodies.  So yeah, I'm sure they'd like us back into a smaller sphere of influence.  Then again, killing the planet with a nuke strike wouldn't necessarily do that.  What? you ask. Alright, let's take a journey to Red5's world.  Somehow, without hitting each other with nukes, China, India, and Pakistan all strike at the US with a total trust in their compatriots.  Russia gets over it's millenia plus worth's of legitimate fear and doesn't nuke China just because of short nerves.  Britain and France call it someone else's problem and sit it out.  Israel and whatever Middle Eastern country packing ICBMs decide to be nice, partition Jerusalem, and have matzoh and falafel over some bottles of port. Meanwhile, back in the US, the alien horde hiding in the Nevada/Utah hills rise up in their motherships, taking away all of the American missiles.  America disappears into molten lava without ever firing a shot in response.  The whole damn continent looks like Vesuvius on a bad heartburn day. Question.  What is left?  A buttload of missile subs, a few carriers, and assorted troop concentrations all over the world with no home to go to.  Do you honestly think that anyone who would strike the US would not be counter-attacked in some heinously bloody fashion?  Me neither. It's called Mutually Assured Destruction.  Go to the library.  Check out a book.  Sit under a tree and read all about it. And get a night light for your bedroom.  You seem to get easily spooked.   ----------------------- XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Company Commander Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited May 6, 2002 10:47:44 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
May 7, 2002 10:43:49 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Im sorry, im not going to post anything long because the complete lack of logic in your theory red baffles me? Can you say you honestly believe that India pakistan and china could get together and nuke us given current circumstances??

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 8, 2002 8:04:15 AM    View the profile of JMac 
How can u say that India and Pakistan will come together with China and nuke us?  While I think that China may be a future threat, that is a little bit extreme.  India and Pakistan hate each other.  While I can believe that they might nuke each other, they would never work together.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
May 8, 2002 1:37:48 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
Lol look even Jmac agrees, you must be wrong!

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

May 14, 2002 9:43:34 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Wow, JMac actually agreed with something I said earlier...  will wonders never cease  Anyways, Red, you seem to be confused here...  Let me help a bit... First off, if you would have laughed at that thought then, I have to wonder how sheltered you were.  Even I knew that, and I was three then... As to India and Pakistan getting together...  *long pause for laughter*  The chances are far less than 1%.  Last I checked, the odds were somewhere near 1 out of 6.2 E 23, avagadro's number    Anyways, neither of them have any sort of launch system that can make it past each other(the bottom part of India is out of Pakistan's reach and India can barely hit Afghanistan), so I don't think there's too much worry about that. Enjoy 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Sabre
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  65
Total Posts:  65
May 14, 2002 10:36:55 PM    View the profile of Sabre 
Actually, Avogadro's number is as follows: 6.0221367 x 10 ^ 23 (That's as precise as modern science gets. Go modern science!)

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Gathon 'Sabre'/Venom 3-2/Wing 2/ISD Overlord/VEN/VE (=A=)
-Bachelor for life.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

May 15, 2002 6:16:15 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Yeah, well I prefer Physics to Chemistry, thanks    But that was pretty precise, you must have no life at all     

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
May 15, 2002 6:48:50 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Why don't we (America) take over the middle east, we carpet bomb the place, take over, and then there would be no oil crisis, because we would split up the oil accordingly, and fairly. Then again, there are some problems with that. Go ahead and tell me them, i'm too lazy to list them.

-----------------------
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" - US Marines

EFM/PO2 Liquid/Aegis 1-3 (Aegis Three)/Wing1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 16, 2002 1:15:34 PM    View the profile of JMac 
I don't disagree with everyone just to be disagreeable.  I disagree because I am right and everyone else is wrong.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

May 16, 2002 8:16:44 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Liquid, no one in the world would ever trust the US in control of the entire worlds supply of oil.  All taking them over would do is catalyze WW III... JMac, has it ever occured to you that if you're having to argue against everyone else, there might be just a slight probability that you are wrong?  Besides, I'm always right       

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 17, 2002 11:06:33 AM    View the profile of JMac 
No.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
JMac
ComNet Veteran

May 17, 2002 11:06:46 AM    View the profile of JMac 
No.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
- Braveheart
Aegis 4ever!!!
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > The Middle East  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:40:14 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 118  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >