Eli13778

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  110
Total Posts:  135
  RE: Tuk'ata Topic
July 20, 2012 3:00:35 PM    View the profile of Eli13778 
Three reports from me?

That's strange...

EDIT: Also, I say that Hades should be the new Tuk SC. Seriously.
FM/SCW/Eli Long/B-4/S:26 "Tuk'ata"/W:58 "Javelin"/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:Besh/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [MiD]

When you strike your opponent do not bruise or even bloody them. Hit them so hard you take away their capacity to fight back.
[This message has been edited by Eli13778 (edited July 20, 2012 3:11:05 PM)]
DarianRogue
ComNet Initiate

DarianRogue

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  196
Total Posts:  232
July 20, 2012 3:31:33 PM    View the profile of DarianRogue 
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Eli, how did you manage to send in more reports to Hades than he has flight members?

Hades, I'll get my report to you. I promise. But I want to post first so the post can be in the report, but I can't post until after class. I mean, I could start writing in class, but if I get caught... >.>
FM/PO2 DarianRogue/B-2/S:26 "Tuk'ata"/W:52 "Javelin"/ISD-II Halcyon Warrior/TF:B/1 Flt/SC/VEN/VE (=*AE*=)
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  505
Total Posts:  973
July 20, 2012 3:50:52 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Eli, prepare to be hurt for sending me 3 copies of the same report... If you're under 18, weak minded or have otherwise just ate - well you don't want to be around for this.

Tuk's newest SC has already been decided and will be revealed sometime in the immediate future. You may want to hire some priests, witches and exorcists to try and get rid of the curse that has thus far claimed... 3(?) other squadron commanders. Just a thought

DR, start writing in class and if you get caught, calmly explain that you have no choice but to obey the merciful WC that will at the time likely still be rather busy washing off Eli's blood and guts from his uniform.

Oh, and regarding the droid... I'm not really against the idea but at the same there are a few things that wouldn't quite fit together. For starters I'm not entirely sure pilots would be allowed to bring droids aboard ships. If they required droids, chances are the Navy would provide some already existing ones - less risk of sabotage or espionage that way. That'd be one argument, the other would be that this being a bar an astromech droid would hardly fit in there, and an obsolete model scurrying along the corridors of the biggest ship in the Navy all by itself - that is bound to attract attention from some techs and/or security forces along the way.

WC/ESN DeepSix/A-1/S:412th Razor/W:58th Javelin/ISD-II Halcyon Warrior/TF:B/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=^VIM^=]

TRN/JRN DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
DarianRogue
ComNet Initiate

DarianRogue

Post Number:  197
July 20, 2012 4:11:24 PM    View the profile of DarianRogue 
Right, I understand. (It's not really an obsolete model when it's actually only a replica but I digress.) Whatever, I still have time to decide whether to have Darian call the droid between now and the end of the post. Regarding the thing about pilots not having their own droid, my only reaction is a poker face. That messes up so many of my plans for the near future. Or I could just make hiding it here part of my story. Yeah, let's go with that. Not really sure how that would work but oh well.

And actually I didn't finish my sentence. I'm not really sure if the teacher cares if we do something else for a couple minutes in class every ... ever. As long as we make some progress in terms of the class by the end of the ... class. So I could start. But first I should prooooooobably finish reading those posts. Yeah. Gonna do that.

Thanks for the answers though. I promise not to auto anyone too hard.
FM/PO2 DarianRogue/B-2/S:26 "Tuk'ata"/W:52 "Javelin"/ISD-II Halcyon Warrior/TF:B/1 Flt/SC/VEN/VE (=*AE*=)
Eli13778
ComNet Initiate

Eli13778

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  111
July 20, 2012 4:13:23 PM    View the profile of Eli13778 
DR, I really don't know...

Deep, 1. At least I sent a report, 2. Could some Blue stuff appease your rage?

Also, Deep, I think this is the first time I've posted and you didn't have a 2+ paragraphs of comments about something wrong or off in it.
FM/SCW/Eli Long/B-4/S:26 "Tuk'ata"/W:58 "Javelin"/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:Besh/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2] [MiD]

When you strike your opponent do not bruise or even bloody them. Hit them so hard you take away their capacity to fight back.
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  506
July 20, 2012 4:36:05 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Quote:By the time of the Clone Wars, Duwani had either been bankrupted or disbanded.
Quote:During the time of the Galactic Alliance, what few T3 units remained in the galaxy were seldom found outside of private collections.
If it's an original it would thus pretty much fall under the obsolete models, and if it's a replica made by other manufacturers with modern technology and upgraded hardware then it would only look like a T3, not actually be one as well.

Hiding it on a military vessel might possibly work. Smuggling it in however would be a much bigger challenge. For one thing wings, or regular squadrons can be lent to other ships as needed. This latest move, from the Atrus to the Warrior, will have the pilots transported in shuttles and the fighters shipped separately. Don't recall what was the reason for this, but the alternative would've involved us flying in our own fighters to our destination, so either way there wouldn't have really been any available space to smuggle a whole droid without anyone else noticing it.

Eli... depends on the amount of booze you're thinking. Careful now not to underestimate my rage

Also, hadn't read the post when last I replied. The 2+ paragraphs will come sometime tomorrow and will not be addressed solely to you

WC/ESN DeepSix/A-1/S:412th Razor/W:58th Javelin/ISD-II Halcyon Warrior/TF:B/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=^VIM^=]

DarianRogue
ComNet Initiate

DarianRogue

Post Number:  198
July 20, 2012 5:22:52 PM    View the profile of DarianRogue 
Well. Now I have two things to explain: How I'm getting it to the Halcyon Warrior, and how the hell I got it on the Atrus in the first place. My story is that Darian inherited it (in a state of extreme disrepair) during his uber-leave on Bakura.
Thanks. You've crushed my hopes and dreams, but I supposed that's what you do >:CCCC

Kidding D6 you know I love you oh god please don't hurt me ughhhhhhhhh.
Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  313
Total Posts:  1245
July 21, 2012 12:26:50 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Darian: Stay away fro the lavatory for the time being - Deep has agents everywhere <_<

To the rest of you: Great to see posts from just about everyone this week! We would fare better if we had new recruits, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Chief Petty Officer Demetrius "Hades" Aita, Flight Leader & Training Officer
FL | CPO "Hades" | B-1 | S:26 "Tuk'ata" | W:58 "Javelin" | ISD Halcyon Warrior | TF:Besh | 1st Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

[MC1] [CBV] (=*SWC*=) [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  507
July 21, 2012 6:24:29 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
If said explanation won't make sense then the droid will be found and either turned to scrap or checked out, erased and placed in the service of the VE if it meets military standards, else again scrapped or maybe just sold instead...

And now a few comments regarding the story - both myself and the NHC have noticed a certain degree of exaggeration in the last few posts. Inhuman speed, awesome reflexes, 1-2 hits KOs, increased endurance and so on... Here's the thing though - everyone present is either a pilot or an officer, technician, mechanic or some other similar position. It does not as such make a whole lot of sense for all of them to fight like Special Forces operatives.

Physical attributes should make a difference, but keep in mind that the military only recruits members that are already fit and subsequently further trains them all to better withstand combat. Background can also be used to explain certain moves or some general knowledge, but again keep in mind that other members and NPCs might also have similarly fancy backgrounds that could give them an edge as well.

What I'm trying to say is tone it down a bit and instead aim for a certain degree of moderation. Feel free to spend an entire post describing you annihilating a single opponent, otherwise also describe getting your asses kicked as much as kicking ass yourselves. Again, aim for balance and a tighter degree of realism.

That being said, both myself as well as the NHC have also noted just how well and how fast the story's progressing - so keep up the good work and know your efforts do not and shall not go unnoticed

Ryn
ComNet Novice

Ryn

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  116
July 21, 2012 4:24:15 PM    View the profile of Ryn 
Good work everyone. Just an FYI my internet at home has decided to be a right pain in the ass. ATT is on the case and should have it fixed during the week. I will be online sporadically while they continue to work on it.

btw, if anyone (especially those of you that have the generic ones) would like a new avi (so Ryn can tell you apart, by more than your sparkling personality) just PM me a picture and I will be happy to make something for you.
SXO|CPO Kathryn 'Ryn' Kerdi |C-1|S:26 "Tuk'ata"|W:58 "Javelin"|ISD Halcyon Warrior |TF:Besh|1FLT|SFC|VEN|VE
{VM} [MC2] [MiD*] [MC1] [CBV] [CAR]
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  509
July 21, 2012 5:32:04 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
I for one have mixed feelings regarding this offer. On one hand there's the matter of Imperial taste to be considered - where individualism is discouraged and the group is instead promoted (a mass of faceless, featureless underlings serving a given purpose - like the stormtroopers for instance). On the other hand I too would find it easier to differentiate between everyone. Especially when I'm sober and I realize you actually do all look alike anyway...

By the way Ryn... you're not doing this for free are you? Cause then you'd be setting a terrible example of proper Imperial conduct. Oh and if you're getting anything at all out of it then I expect a proper bribe to keep silent about it. Bribe can range from a few bottles of booze to a few dozen crates of it. That's right everyone, go ahead and embrace that wonderful Imperialist spirit!

Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  124
Total Posts:  151
July 21, 2012 5:55:26 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
I am making some final changes and additions/subtractions for my Awesomeness post in order to bring it in line/up to speed with everything. I've got other things to do for a bit, meaning I'll be away/afk/generally not making changes, but I'll have it up before I go to bed.
FM/PO1 Fy/1-3/S:82 Tuk'Ata/W:245 Scimitar/mSSD Atrus/TF:A 1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA] [=^SUR^=] (CAR)
DarianRogue
ComNet Cadet

DarianRogue

Post Number:  200
July 21, 2012 6:14:55 PM    View the profile of DarianRogue 
Well, now that I have to start thinking about explanations thanks to D6 I would like to ask. How big, exactly, are these transports we're taking. Are they standard shuttles, or something else?

Edit: And on that note, how are the fighters being transported?
[This message has been edited by DarianRogue (edited July 21, 2012 6:17:35 PM)]
Ryn
ComNet Novice

Ryn

Post Number:  90
July 21, 2012 6:38:11 PM    View the profile of Ryn 
@Deep: I never charge for avi's. Anyone wanting to donate IC's, can. I like being different.

@DR: Standard Imp Transport for us, think shuttle tyderian (or however you spell it). Our TIE's are being transported/already transported by whateverthefuk shuttle would typically do that, you can call it "the transport" its specificity is not needed since you won't be in personal contact with your TIE at any point in it's journey. Feel free to write lamentful poetry of your longing for your TIE during the journey.
SXO|CPO Kathryn 'Ryn' Kerdi |C-1|S:26 "Tuk'ata"|W:58 "Javelin"|ISD Halcyon Warrior |TF:Besh|1FLT|SFC|VEN|VE
DarianRogue
ComNet Cadet

DarianRogue

Post Number:  201
July 21, 2012 6:47:26 PM    View the profile of DarianRogue 
Ryn. Wat. I... I don't even... that's not where I was going to that.

I was asking because I wanted to know if it would be possible for my T3 droid to stow away hitch a ride on that or something.
Ryn
ComNet Novice

Ryn

Post Number:  91
July 21, 2012 7:42:36 PM    View the profile of Ryn 
T3 droid I'm assuming is part of your personal effects, so it would be transported on the transport with you - but in cargo hold, not in the crew area.
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  510
July 22, 2012 4:24:20 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
You don't even ask for future favors? For their souls? For booze? Why!?

Also, I sort of disagree with a droid being a personal effect aboard a military ship or installation. Nothing wrong with keeping it home or on a personal ship or whatnot... but carrying it around? It would make sense for the NR, where certain ships still required astromechs and it would be easier for pilots to stick to the same ships and droids. The Imperials however would have no such need though.

If this were common practice then everyone would be able to carry droids with them. If that were true then who exactly would limit their number, size and purpose? In other words what would stop a crewman from bringing 3-4 droids aboard a ship, or bringing some huge Scorponek or an assassin droid or a couple of serving droids? Especially since those droids would in no way be needed for the individual to do his job - whatever that may be.

Another issue would be space - where exactly would these droids be kept anyway? In the squadron barracks where everyone could stumble over them and where not everyone would enjoy the chirping and beeping they'd produce? In the droid holds, along with that ship/station's other droids? If so who says there would be enough space for more though?

More importantly though - what sort of military organization would allow itself to be invaded by potential threats? Certain droids can slice various systems and either hack sensitive data, rewrite certain aspects, shut down engines, vacuum certain areas into space and start out the self-destruction sequence. Others could turn on the organics and either go on a killing spree or could just wait till the opportunity to kill a certain individual would arise. Others yet could have bloody bombs rigged into them for a less sneaky approach... Why then would any military choose to take such chances, especially considering it would not have anything at all to gain by doing so?

Till these questions can be answered and a plausible explanation can be formulated, I'll remain against personal droids being used in official stories or settings. Same for personal fighters or other bigger personal ships...

Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  316
July 22, 2012 5:05:51 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Has anyone seen Fyston? Kinda looks like the devil, except with more horns and less evil? About yay high? /me holds a stick above his head

FL | CPO "Hades" | B-1 | S:26 "Tuk'ata" | W:58 "Javelin" | ISD Halcyon Warrior | TF:Besh | 1st Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  511
July 22, 2012 5:19:37 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
WANTED: Fyston
Dead or Almost dead
REWARD: A single cookie

Ryn
ComNet Novice

Ryn

Post Number:  92
July 22, 2012 12:04:47 AM    View the profile of Ryn 
Since Fyston reported and PMed me yesterday, I don't see much need for alarm.

Regarding Pilot personal effects, I have to say that the reality of the situation leans more in Deepsix's favor. Real military barracks for pilots look something like this:

I always imagined a barrack similar to the ones on Battlestar Galatica for pilots with XO's and SCO's having private barracks near by filled with paperwork.

As you can see from the photo I found, there really isn't much room for your collection of items from back home. I'm all for character identity and having objects around you to be part of that identity. But keep a mind to how much personal space you will really have (and for that matter we honestly spend little time in our barracks so be mindful of that as well).

If you can make it work, I'm far more lenient than the beautiful legged Deepsix. Just run things by me and understand if I say no, its just to maintain the semblance of realism we have and to help you think more out of your comfort zone and tap into that epic creativity you have.
Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  125
July 22, 2012 12:30:12 AM    View the profile of Fyston 
/me almost kills myself

I'd like my cookie now!

I came up with a new idea regarding a fight and didn't want to proceed without asking. I didn't get it until [i]really[i] late, meaning the post didn't get up before night-nights.

You'll be able to read some RP-goodness (or at least decentness) soon.
FM/PO1 Fy/1-3/S:82 Tuk'Ata/W:245 Scimitar/mSSD Atrus/TF:A 1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [SoA] [=^SUR^=] (CAR)
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  513
July 22, 2012 12:32:34 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Oh, the horny fellow () PMed me as well so I know he's lurking about and supposedly getting ready to post. Figured a wanted poster will help motivate him. That and if he's hunted down and caught then I'll have to provide a cookie. Which brings us to the more important issue, involving you all either baking me some or buying me some. I return one to he/she who brings me the Fyston entity and I get to enjoy the other ones all by myself. It's perfect, devious and brilliant all in one

I should probably also consider investing in some body armor to hide my perfect curves and other ravishing features. Wouldn't want you to start obsessing over me after all. By the gods, you'd end up turning into Hades if I allowed that to happen

PS - Horny just PMed me again whilst I was in the middle of typing this. The wanted notice remains valid nonetheless

PPS - Close that [i] tag, you horned devil!

Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  127
July 22, 2012 2:07:41 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
And the post is up!

As for the tag, [i]how is this[i]?
Eli13778
ComNet Initiate

Eli13778

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  115
July 22, 2012 4:26:14 PM    View the profile of Eli13778 
/me hauls in a Fyston bound by stun cuffs

I want my Twinkie! Or cookie. Or whatever the prize was.

Also, I was wondering on what exactly will mark the official 'end' of the squadron story.

DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  514
July 22, 2012 4:34:07 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
/me repeatedly hits Boney with a "/"

In regards to the dialogue coloring - you messed up the order in one instance, in the first half or so. That being said I know there are certain divisions (DJO & Osk) that do not tolerate such things. I'm not entirely certain whether the Navy too has a particular stance on the matter and if so whether or not it's a strong one or more a matter of preference. Personally I don't mind, having used such techniques myself on other forums where such practices were in fact encouraged. Assuming the NHC doesn't care one way or the other and it also doesn't bother the other members of the squadron then I suppose you could continue using this style, at least in personal and unit stories. If either the NHC and/or the other squadron members however disagree then I suppose you'll be stuck to using it in personal stories only.

Eli, you'll get your cookie as soon as the other Tuk'ata members (including yourself) will bake or buy some for me - and it better happen soon too. Wouldn't want to keep you waiting after all...

As for the official end - probably you all hauling your sorry, beat up backsides to the transport that'll take you to the Warrior... where you shall be denied adequate medical treatment and instead end up in the brig, where you shall further be denied food for a couple of days or so.

Fyston
ComNet Initiate

Fyston

Post Number:  128
July 22, 2012 5:09:14 PM    View the profile of Fyston 
Aye, I understand. That's actually where I got the idea, on another site. I'd gotten out of the habit of bolding and had, for the most part, forgotten which way I used to do things to make it stand out. If it's a no go, however, I don't really mind. Heck, I almost forgot to add the coloring anyway.

Besides, Fy's got more than enough experience being denied medical aid and food in the brig, he only did it in prison.
Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  321
July 22, 2012 7:59:39 PM    View the profile of Hades 
Good to see you finally caught up, Fyston. While I don't mind you using multi-coloured writing, I must say that to me, it looks absolutely horrendous.

But that's just me.

Hades
ComNet Member

Hades

Post Number:  324
July 22, 2012 9:38:37 PM    View the profile of Hades 
Alright, I posted and Hades is down for the count -- but not before he beats the Blackguard CO black and blue DeepSix, count yourself lucky..

Eli13778
ComNet Initiate

Eli13778

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  116
July 23, 2012 3:14:59 AM    View the profile of Eli13778 
Ok, I posted. It was fair in quality at best. Eli is KOed with no chance of coming back to now.

X10
ComNet n00b

X10

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  25
July 23, 2012 8:39:30 AM    View the profile of X10 
Hmm, I think this is where I'm supposed to post, but if it is than... hi.
FM/CRW Xenon "X10" Lepturia/B-3/S:82 Tuk'ata/W:58 Javelin/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A 1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Tuk'ata Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:23:20 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 192  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >