Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Jester Squad - Chapter One - A New Hope

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Jester Squad - Chapter One - A New Hope
Kiption
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Executive Officer

Post Number:  61
Total Posts:  152
  RE: Jester Squad - Chapter One - A New Hope
April 7, 2002 9:26:49 PM    View the profile of Kiption 
Wraith was being put through their paces by Raziel.  "Move it, move it.  I don't want to see any slackers out there.  Come on Kiption, my mother runs faster than that."  "I'll show you how your mother runs...," Kiption muttered under his breath.  It was the same old crap again, run around this course, jump over this obsticle, crawl through this bunch of mud.  It was getting old.  "Come on Kip," Dragoon said from in front of him, "His mother could do better than you, you're one lousy trooper."  Kiption picked up some speed.  "Have you even seen his mom?  People meet her think that she's his dad."  More obsticles. A trooper came running onto the obsticle course and ran straight up to Raziel.  "What are you looking at scum?!?!?!?  Nobody said to stop!!!!  Double Time it!!"  All the troopers let out a groan and slowly started to pick up their pace.  "SGT Kiption, Front and Center!" "Haha, you're frewed."  Dragoon said between breaths.  "Yea, bite me."  Kiption turned away from the pack of troopers and headed in towards the center of the track and Raz.  "Move it Kiption."  Raz was yelling, "Come on, you had better move it faster than that.  The Colonel wants to see you.  Have a good time."  Raz gave a smile that would scare anybody, this is never a good thing. -------------------------------------------------- Kiption walked through the corridors to where the Army High Command hid their desks.  Few troopers were seen walking here, nobody really wanted to be around where these people worked.  You never knew what you could get dragged into.  At the far end he saw what looked like a small child walking down the hall.  SGT Tylen.  This was a kid that would make anybody that wanted to get any where in teh VE mad.  The kid was still a teenager and already outranked most of the members.  That kinda crap makes one sick.  Kiption passed him in the hall, giving him a slight nod.  "Sgt."  He said.  The only response was getting knocked into.  Always a good thing.... Kiption continued up to the Colonel's office and was greeted by his secretary.  "Good afternoon Sgt.  I'll let the Colonel know you're here."  "Thanks, ma'am."  Kiption moved over to look at the citations and pictures on the wall while the secretary made the call into the interior office.  "Sgt, you can go in now."  "Thank you ma'am."  Kiption colelcted himself and entered the inner office. --------------------------------------------------------- When Kiption finally got back to the Wraith bunk room, Dragoon was already sitting in there.  "What was that all about?"  Dragoon looked up from his magazine.  "I'm being reassigned...."  Kiption went to his bunk and started to gather up his things.  "You're kidding?"  Dragoon stood up to confront his friend.  "What the hell are they thinking splitting the two of us up?" "I dunno, apparently it's what is best, or something.  You'll have to ask the Colonel what his logic was."  "Yea well, the Colonel's gonna get something from me, I just don't think it's gonna be what he expected.  No more adventures of Dragoon, and his side kick Kip."  "Why the hell am I always the side kick?"  Kiption placed his uniforms in a duffel bag.  "You're just not as good looking as I am.  Who ever heard of an ugly hero with a good looking side kick?  And no, the Tick doesn't count.  They were both pretty ugly."  "Just shutup and help me carry this stuff."  Kip said to Dragoon handing him a box.  "What are you talking about, I'm not carrying your stuff.  YO CPL MERRICK!  Get over here and help my weakling friend out."  "You know you're such an ass."  Kiption said hefting his duffel up to his shoulder and going for the door, holding it open for Dragoon, who was carrying nothing, and Merrick who was carrying a box of stuff. "It's ok Kip, you don't have to be jealous of me."  The three of them walked down th hallway.  ------------------------------------------------------------- "You know, I've never seen this part of the base before.  You must be getting in one of them new squads.  HAHA, Kip's gonna be surrounded by newbies." "Yea, frew you."  They walked up to one of the doors.  It had just been marked for the paper around the markings was still there.  "Um.. Kip, you're um.. mistaken.  This is a Squad Leaders quarters." Kip pulled the paper around the markings off the door and walked in, with Merrick following.  Dragoon stood outside with his mouth hanging open.  "Just set that stuff on the bed over there Merrick.  Thanks."  Kiption went to the closet to drop his duffle bag.  From the hallway... "Oh hell no.  What the hell is this?"  Dragoon finally entered.  "This is so not frewing possible."  Kiption smiled.  "You know what this means right?"  Dragoon smiled back. "What's that?" "WE'RE GOING TO A BAR!!!"

-----------------------
Just another pretty face....
Merrick
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  659
April 7, 2002 9:43:26 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick wandered into the bar. Despite being in the Army for a month or so already, this was the first time she'd bothered to even go near any of the bars around the place. She looked around, spotting Kiption first and then Dragoon. She walked over and tapped Kip on the shoulder. "Mind if I join you?" Kip turned around and looked at Merrick. "Uh.. um.. yeah please do.." He looked her up and down. Merrick grinned. "Like my new clothes? First pay check, not used to having money and all that. Makes up for the crappy Squad Leaders so far." Kiption just nodded, then seemed to get a hold of himself. "Didn't think I'd ever see you wearing a mini skirt Merrick. Full of surprises eh?" At this point, Dragoon turned around. "Whoa, hey Merrick. Sit down, we started without you." Merrick sat beside Kip, moving her long hair out of the way so as not to sit on it. Kip stared some more, before finally offering her a drink. "Thanks. Getting me drunk again are we?" Dragoon laughed. "Yeah, it's the only way he can do anything. Can't pick up women but can get them drunk enough to join this damn army." Merrick smiled and slapped Kip on the back. "It's not his fault, and I'm just not a normal woman am I.." Kip finally stopped staring at Merrick and looked over at Dragoon. "You're not gonna leave me alone till I get more than a slap out of a girl, are you." Dragoon grinned. "Where would be the fun in it if I gave up now. At least you manage to talk to Merrick without her kicking your ass. Though, she looks as though she could do it with ease." Kip glared at Dragoon and then ordered more drinks for them all. "How about we just celebrate me getting my own squad and leave the picking up girls till later."

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  156
Total Posts:  156
April 7, 2002 10:08:22 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon sidled up to one of the fine looking ladies at the other side of the bar.  With a smooth tap on the shoulder, he had her turn around to face him.  "Excuse me, miss," Dragoon said coolly.  "That guy over there," he pointed at Kiption's squat and kinda chubby figure, "just got promoted.  He said he was willing to pay you 50 ICs to help him celebrate."  The woman looked at Dragoon disbelieving.  Kiption looked at Dragoon and winked, although obviously for a different reason.  It played perfectly into Dragoon's hands. The woman stormed towards Kiption and tapped him on the shoulder.  Kiption spun around with a little grin on his face, but that grin soon met the fist of the woman.  Kiption fell onto the ground with a little blood at the corner of his mouth. Dragoon walked over and helped Kiption to his feet.  "What was that all about?"  Dragoon asked innocently. "I have no clue," Kip said looking at the blood on his hand.  "Oh sithspawn.  I can't even celebrate without things going wrong." "Shuddup and get drunk you pansy," Dragoon replied.  "I'm gonna hit the facilities." "Please, Don't say hit," Kiption yelled after Dragoon.  He was met with a rude gesture that consisted of one finger elevated in the air.  "Bah.  Anyways Merrick, where was I..."

-----------------------
SSGT Dragoon
JESTER SQUAD BABY!!!!!!!!!!
(He's the Sexy One )
Tylen Jaap
ComNet Novice

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  59
April 7, 2002 11:00:56 PM    View the profile of Tylen Jaap 
Tylen just recieved word of his transfer from the AHC... He wasn't sure what to make of it...he barely knew any other them... The time was terrible however...His old squad was just barely getting used to the young one, now he'd have to go through with it all over again. He heard they were all gathering at a bar in the city.  "Great...what a better place for them to get used to me at..." Tylen thought to himself.  He debated even going.  He sat there in his chair in his quaters twirling one of his many thermal detonators in his hand... "grrrrrrr....Damnit...." he said to himself standing up... He clipped both saber onto his belt and stashed is detonator into his robes and headed out the door...   ----------------------- Sith Guardian Tylen Jaap CM/SG Tylen Jaap/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [VP] TRP/SMJR Tylen Jaap/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Jester Squad... 'If you spent as much time practising your swordsmanship as you do your wit, you could even rival Master Yoda' - Obi
[This message has been edited by Tylen Jaap (edited April 7, 2002 11:02:49 PM)]
Sokudo
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  88
April 7, 2002 11:30:39 PM    View the profile of Sokudo 
Sokudo came back to his quaters followed by a worker droid carrying a hover sled behind him filled with various guns and other equipment. He turned to the droid, "That's fine you can leave it here" then turned around and punched in the access code for the barracks room he was assigned to. ---------------------------------------------------- About an hour later he was done stocking his closet with all his new weaponary when his squad leader, Stormie barged through the door.  He quickly drew one of his new Intimidator pistols and had it trained on Stormies head before he realized who it was. After he recognized the leader of Drill Squad he set the gun down next to the matching one in a case at the bottom of the locker. Then looked at the Seargent Major. "Sok, you're being transferred. Your new assignment is a brand new squad being opened by Kiption, it's being called 'Jester Squad'. Congratz', Lance Corporal." Stormie said as he handed Sokudo a datapad with his new orders on it. "Oh, great, right after I stock my arsenal..." He muttered under his breath as he looked at the datapad's screen. He looked up at Stormie, "Thanks, pal, see ya around," and gave him a lax salute as he set to work packing up his new toys to move them again." ---------------------------------------------------- A couple hours later he finnally had his equipment moved to his new quaters and put on his new uniform that was waiting for him when he got there. He slid up his sleeves and attached his wrist lasers to his forearms then slid his sleeves back over them and put his twin set of Intimidator Repeating Pistols in their holsters then stepped outside into the night to make his way to the bar were all his other new squad mates where celebrating.   ----------------------- TRP/LCPL Sokudo/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Jester Squad's Ninja
[This message has been edited by Sokudo (edited April 7, 2002 11:31:43 PM)]
Stitch
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  28
April 8, 2002 12:20:33 AM    View the profile of Stitch 
"Welcome back Stitch.  I trust your training was slightly relaxing, but that the Army didn't waste their money." Brigadier General Talon said has he finished the last of the paperwork. Stitch nodded.  "It was, General.  Thank you.  I learned some new tricks that will save time and lives in the field."  The Vast Empire Army had changed quite a bit since Stitch had left.  Talon had gone from a Major to a Brigadier General and the Prefect.  Many new faces peppered the command structure. "Ok, Private, you will be in Jester squad under Gunnery Sergeant Kiption.  Chances are, they'll need you quite soon.  I hear that headed to the bar when news broke of Kiption's promotion." Talon said with a chuckle as he handed Stitch his orders. The bar was hopping.  Enlisted and officers alike crowed into the smoke filled bar to get plastered.  A Gunnery Sergeant stumbled backwards, almost falling over and a young woman stormed away and out the door, past Stitch.  Stitch approached the Sergeant and said, "Are you Sergeant Kiption?" Kiption tried to regain focus with his eyes enough to make out the figure before him.  The red cross on a white armband was the first thing that he picked up on.  "Yeah.. Look, if this is about the uLAV, I can explain.  You see, Dragoon.." Stitch cut Kiption off, "Private First-Class Stitch reporting.  I'm going to be your medic." Kiption blinked a few times and stammered, "Oh.. right.  Yeah.  Care for a drink?" Stitch nodded, "Many." and he joined the group at the bar.

-----------------------
Private First-Class Stitch
Jester Squad - Combat Medic
MDC/PFC Stitch/Jester Squad/Storm Platoon/VEA/VE
"Just *snap* try to relax"
Augustus
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  20
April 8, 2002 12:41:36 AM    View the profile of Augustus 
Private First Class Augustus blearily looked at the three empty mugs on his table. He had spent the last thirty minutes attempting to forget all of the training he had gone through earlier in the day. "Run this far. Shoot that target. Drop and give me eighty!" His table was otherwise empty; his fellow Drill Squad trainees were too tired even to slowly walk towards the bar to try to numb the pain. He looked up from his empty mugs, hoping to catch the eye of one of the increasingly attractive waitresses long enough to convince her to bring him another drink, just in time to see someone get knocked over by an angry looking woman. Another man approached him, talked briefly, and joined him at the bar with a group of people. Heedless Augustus rose from his table, hoping to get a bit of company in addition to another drink. He carefully picked his way over to the bar, aware that his coordination was much lower than the last time he had been fully upright. There were four or five of them sitting in a knot at the bar, Augustus wasn't quite able to count how many exactly at the moment, but that didn't matter that much anyway. He dropped himself down next to them. "Hey everyone!" he said, a bit too loudly. The group turned to look at him briefly, and then turned back to their conversation, ignoring him. Unimpeded, he blundered on. He stuck his hand out to the nearest one of them, the newest arrival to their group. "Hi, I'm Augustus!" he said to the man, again a bit loudly. This time only the man he had been talking to turned to him, the rest pointedly ignoring him, one snickered quietly. The man, trying to be nice, shook Augustus's hand. "Err... Hi there." he said, trying to be polite, "I'm called Stitch." "Oh, hey! That’s cool!" Augustus announced. "I'm kind of new here. Drill Squad, you know. I find alcohol numbs the pain quite well." "Alcohol can do that," said Stitch. Stitch then briefly explained why, and Augustus wasn't quite able to follow it in his addled state, but was sure it was quite informative. "Wow," he said. "Your smart," an understatement. "I'm a medic. We know these things." Stitch then attempted to politely turn back to his squad mates. Augustus got himself another drink from the bartender and then repeatedly attempted to interject himself into the conversation, succeeding only in being obnoxious.

-----------------------
Private First Class Augustus Marius Carnifex
TRP/PFC Augustus/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 8, 2002 1:00:47 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption looked around at his new squad.  It was kinda hard, he hadn't been this drunk in a long time, and it was starting to show.  He spent most of the night talking at Merrick who spent most of her time laughing at his stupid mistakes.  The small bit of the time he wasn't he was fending himself off from the random women around the bar that Dragoon was sending his way.  But now he was happy.  Glass in one hand, leaning from side to side only to be pushed back into a standing position by Dragoon or Merrick or whoever was standing in front of him at the time.  He got tapped on the shoulder and spun around, almost losing his balance again.  "Yeff?"  "I'm Sokudo," he said handing him a datapad.  Kiption glanced at it, saw the Jester logo and said, "Welllllllcom... Half a dreenk," and handed him his drink.  Kiption turned around and said, "Dis hearz Sokooda... Sakudo... Dis hearz 'im.  'im, hearz dem.  PLay nize...  Wearz my dreenk?"  Sokudo handed it back do him.  "fanks..." and fell down.  -------------------------------------------------------------- "Damnit kid, you're not old enough to be in here."  A couple of voices were heard over by the door.  "I'm a Seargent Major in the VE Army, and I'm...." "Right kid, they don't like 12 year olds into the VE.  And I'm.... going to let you into the bar now....  Please come in.  I believe the Jesters are over there," there," the bouncer said.  "Thank you," said the kid and walked in. ------------------------------------------------------------------ OOC:  I think that's everyone....

-----------------------
Tylen Jaap
ComNet Novice

April 8, 2002 1:28:24 AM    View the profile of Tylen Jaap 
Tylen stepped into the bar after having the small run in with the guard...nothing that a Dark Jedi could not handle.  He could feel the presence of a few people watching him as he was walking in.  He glanced around the room and took a seat at a table in a dark corner.  It was your typical bar setting on a Friday night.  A mass of older men who you could not understand, but could definitely smell from the lack of a shower for the day.  He had done a bit of research on his new squad before coming.  None of them were Jedi, and none were even close to his age and all of which were under his rank.  Tylen didn’t like this situation, especially in a bar…things never go right in a bar.  He looked over to his squad mates over at a table with mounds of empty glasses.  Everyone but the medic, Stitch seemed to be overly smashed.  “How could anyone destroy their physical and mental senses like that” Tylen thought to himself.  As a Jedi and because of his age, he could not understand the point and found it rather dense.  He pulled his thermal detonator out of his clothing and started to roll it around his hand and observed his squad.   ----------------------- Sith Guardian Tylen Jaap CM/SG Tylen Jaap/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [VP] TRP/SMJR Tylen Jaap/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Jester Squad... 'If you spent as much time practising your swordsmanship as you do your wit, you could even rival Master Yoda' - Obi
[This message has been edited by Tylen Jaap (edited April 8, 2002 1:30:03 AM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

April 8, 2002 8:15:40 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick took a break from keeping Kiption upright and looked over at the kid sitting in the corner. She wandered over, without any of the other noticing, them being drunk and all, and sat across from the kid. "Little young to be in here aren't you, Mr Jedi?" He looked up briefly from the detonator he was playing with. "Merrick right? Not quite as drunk as all of your friends I see. You can still walk. Name's Tylen. I got moved to Jester too." Merrick nodded. Then she realised she should probably get her mouth to work again. "Uh.. welcome to the squad. I'd say have a drink but I guess that's out of the question." Tylen returned to playing with his thermal detonator. Kiption half stumbled and half fell over to Merrick. "Wsz blh... Umm.. come back over and have anoth drink Mer.. we miss you.." Merrick laughed at Kip. "Try not to get too many people mad kid, welcome to the squad." Merrick got up and mostly carried Kip back to where the rest of the squad was standing, sitting or lying. "And here I was thinking I'd be the first one to stop being at all coherent." Kip tried to push free and Merrick dropped him. She laughed again and got herself another drink.  "No point being the only one still standing, I guess."

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
Stitch
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  28
April 8, 2002 3:06:48 PM    View the profile of Stitch 
As the drinks flowed and the alcohol began to take effect, really bad ideas entered Stitch's mind.  He took the empty stool next to Merrick at the bar, which used to be occupied by Kiption (who was now on the floor, hardly concious), and began to hit on Merrick.  "Sho.. You come hhhere offin?  Or are you frum out of tuwn?" Merrick downed her drink, set the glass down on the table, and swung a right hook at Stitch that sent him flying from his stool.  He landed on top of Kiption, who almost didn't seem to mind, aside from the piece of medical machinery in Stitch's right pantleg pocket that was digging into his crotch.  "Gittoffa mee" Kiption slurred.  Stitch, who could barely move, just rolled to the left and stayed there for a bit. "Bartender? BARTENDER?" yelled Stitch.  He could hear a sigh come from behind the bar that blocked his view, "What?"  Stitch tried to sit up, but fell backwards.  "Another Sluissi Shooter, my man!"  The bartender poured the shot and brought it around the bar, placing it on Stitch's chest when he wouldn't lift his hand to accept the drink. "Yerr a kind soul, Danny..  Can I call you Danny?  I doubt it's your name, but you look like a Danny." Stitch mumbled.  The bartender just shook his head and walked away.

-----------------------
(+)  Private First-Class Stitch
Jester Squad - Combat Medic
MDC/PFC Stitch/Jester Squad/Storm Platoon/VEA/VE

How many doctors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

April 8, 2002 5:49:34 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon took a swig of his Mountain Dew.  Jester was quite smashed by this time, as was evident by Stitch's ramblings.  Dragoon grinned.  "Perfect," he muttered.  He walked to the center of the bar area and began his scan. He spotted a pretty human girl with red hair and lips that made his mouth water.  If she did that to him, he couldn't wait to see what would happen to Kip.  He walked over, faking a stagger, and sat beside her.  "How are you?  I'm not hitting on you or anything," he said quickly when it became evident she was just going to stand up.  "I'm here to pass on a message."  He spoke in hushed tones for a few seconds until a startled gasp escaped from her mouth.  "Hey, don't shoot the messanger," he said as he walked away.  What happened next was not what Dragoon expected at all. Just as he finished swiping a drunk lieutenants wallet, a large man made his way towards Kip and the other Jesters.  He lifted the shorter, fatter man off of the stool and punched him square in the face.  "Damn," Dragoon said as he picked up a chair and rushed over to defend his friend...

-----------------------
SSGT Dragoon
(He's the Sexy One )
Merrick
ComNet Member

April 8, 2002 8:43:46 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick sighed and yelled at Dragoon, "Some friend you are." She doubted that he would hear her, but anyway. She tried her best to drag the other Jesters out of the fight, in the hope she could prevent some of them dying. Merrick looked over at the kid sitting in the corner. 'He'd be a real help right now' she thought to herself. Then she went back to saving her friends, and cursing herself for not bringing a small weapon at least. Her sword would definitely have been useful. No point worrying about it now, though. Too far to go and get it.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Sokudo
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  88
April 8, 2002 10:23:02 PM    View the profile of Sokudo 
Sokudo got up as the rest of the Jesters started assualting the big brute. He stood back for awhile to take in what was happening then attempted to flank the man. He managed to sneak up behind the guy and saw him send a strong right cross right into Dragoon's  cheek bone, and thought he heard something go crack. Sokudo then jumped on the guy's back and got elbowed in the gut a few times, but managed to draw his sword and hold it to the front of the man's neck. He froze and stood stock still when he felt the cold steel of the blade just barely touch his neck. He leaned to his ear and said in a low voice, "I suggest you go back under the rock you came from before my buddies and I decide to stop the playtime and get to business." Then Sokudo jumped off his back and drew one of his pistols and held it to the mans back to make sure he didnt try anything 'stupid'. Merrick walked up to the guy, patted him on the head as she said "There, there, can't win them all now can we?" in the most patronizing voice she could muster then jabbed him in the nose with a loud crunch. Crimson started running down from one nostrol in a river of blood. Next Stitch stumbled up to and spat in his face then kicked him in the crotch and muttered some insults under his breath. As the man doubled over in pain the rest of the Jesters stumbled forward to get a lazy drunken kick  or two in before the brute managed to crawl out the front door. A few moments later the pretty girl that Dragoon had whispered something too ran out the door after him. After the trouble was over the Jesters managed to stumble and crawl back to their bar stools to continue celebrating. "Suum pawtiiee..." Kiption managed to mutter in disdain over the events of the evening so far.   ----------------------- TRP/LCPL Sokudo/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Jester Squad's Ninja
[This message has been edited by Sokudo (edited April 8, 2002 10:51:51 PM)]
Merrick
ComNet Member

April 9, 2002 1:12:54 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick picked up Kiption. "I think it's probably time that we went to grab some sleep. What ya think sir?" Kip muttered something no one understood. Stitch wandered up. "But its only... oh, 1am. Ok then. Need any help getting him home?" Merrick nodded. "But I'm sure that Dragoon will be happy to help. Won't you?" Dragoon looked over, opened his mouth to say something and then decided just to nod. All of the Jesters eventually made an effort to get out of the bar and back to their quarters.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Jester Squad's chick with a sword
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 9, 2002 8:31:40 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
There's nothing like the lucid dreaming that you have when you're completely out of it.  The onlything worse than waking up with a hangover is waking up with a hangover to the sound of an alarm clock going off.  It's like waking up because some one is driving a powerdrill through the side of your skull.  Kiption woke up with a start, slammed his fist down on the alarm clock, and got up.  Stuggling to remember that activities of last night, and once again swearing off the alcohol, he got up to his desk to see what was on his agenda for today.  Paging through several messages of the same old useless reports.  'Weather's gonna be good, always a nice thing.'  'Colonel Fury wants to speak with you ASAP.'  'Frack, this is never good.'  He got cleaned up and dressed.  Having the colonel leave you a message at the butt crack of dawn was never a good thing in his experience.  He walked out the door and into the squads barracks.  Some of his new troopers were already staying in there, apparently the rest of them will be moving in later today.  Hopefully some good ones.  He flipped on a light switch to find that all the people he remembered from last night, give or take a couple, were comfortable sleeping on the bunks.  'I don't have the heart to wake them up.'  He closed the door and walked towards Fury's office. ------------------------------------------------------ "YOUR ACTIONS LAST NIGHT WERE COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE."  Fury was actually standing up to yell at him.  Kiption, not remembering what actions he was being yelled at for, said the only thing that one could in the current situation.  "Yes sir.  I'm sorry sir.  Won't happen again sir."  "IT BETTER NOT.  I gave you this squad against several recommendations that you were young arrogant and didn't know the first thing about running a squad.  Your actions are not helping your cause.  The only thing that's keeping me from stripping you of your squad is that nobody is pressing charges against you.  Now get the hell out of here and shape up your squad."  Fury handed him a datapad.  "These are the rest of your men."  Kiption took the datapad, saluted, said, "Yes Sir!" and walked out the door.  Walking through the hallway, he checked over the list of people in his squad.  'Well at least Dragoon will be happy he doesn't have to find a new partner.'  When he got back to his quarters the first of the squad were starting to wake up.  He sent them to get some breakfast.

-----------------------
Merrick
ComNet Member

April 9, 2002 9:05:39 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick woke up and groaned. Still morning, dammit. She sat up and watched Kiption walk back into the barracks. She mustered all her energy and half waved, half saluted. Kip nodded to her. "Go out and get something to eat." Merrick shook her head. "I don't think I can eat anything just yet. Feeling less than great y'know." Kip nodded. "Oh how I know." Kip sighed and sat down next to Merrick. Merrick laughed quietly. "You look like crap.. sir." Kip lifted his head from its resting place in his hands. "Like you can talk, trooper. Well, at least you don't look as bad I guess." Merrick smiled a fraction. "Careful sir, you're in danger of giving me a compliment." Kip laughed. "Ow, that hurt. Alcohol would be great without the hangover. Did we beat some guy up last night?" He looked at Merrick. She nodded. "Yup, Dragoon 'acidentally' got him to attack you, so we all got in on it. Then Dragoon and I carried you outta there. Sorry for any bruises, we dropped you a few times." Kip nodded. "That would be what I got yelled at for, then. And I probably have more bruises from all of Dragoon's so called jokes." Merrick laughed again. "Yeah, some friend he is." Dragoon appeared above them. "Who we talkin' about? Nice hangover Kip?" Kip merely grunted and walked back to his own quaters. Merrick made Dragoon go away and attempted to get some more sleep.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 10, 2002 12:36:19 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption walked into his quarters, sat down at his desk and rubbed his eyes.  'Thank goodness for weekends.  It'd give me a couple of days to figure out what the hell I'm doing.'  He glanced over the data pad that the Colonel had given him.  'Armor Recon, always interesting.'  He sat down and glanced over the technical manuals and list of equipment that was being assigned to his squad.  Dragoon walked in.  "Damnit Kip, I'm gonna miss you man.  All those good times we had, the buildings we blew up, man it was the best thing I've ever had, and now *sob sob* it's all gone since you got promoted. . . . What am I going to do?  I can't live with out you man...."  Kiption stood up and stared at Dragoon dumbfounded. "Are you really crying?"  He asked trying to get a better look at Dragoon's face.  "No, ... *sniffle* only on the inside.  What's it gonna take for me to get a transfer?" "I dunno...." he looked down at the datapad, "Says here that you have to get down on all fours, and oink like a little pig."  He pushed his chair back away from the desk and spun around so that he could get a better view of this. "You have got to be kidding me."  Kiption shook his head.  "The things I go through for you."  Dragoon started to get down on all fours.  "The things you go through?  I was the one that got smacked around by just about every woman you could find in the bar.  Not to mention that giant you found."  Kiption was only met with the sound of oinking as Dragoon crawled around on the floor of Kiption's quarters.  "No frewing way.  I need to get out of this hell"  Both of them looked up to see somone walk away from Kiptions office.  "Who the frack was that?"  Dragoon stood up, dusting off his knees.  "No clue.  Btw, you belong to me now."  "What am I going to tell the female population of the VE?"  Dragoon started heading for the door. "I dunno, but try, 'No please, don't run away.  I didn't mean to scare you.'" 

-----------------------
Jester Squad Leader

Merrick
ComNet Member

April 10, 2002 8:33:36 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick gave up trying to get back to sleep. She just felt too terrible. She rolled over to see someone storm out of Kiption's office, followed eventually by Dragoon. "Been in there harassing Kip again, Dragoon?" He shook his head. "I guess he had the right to make a fool of me. I just wish it had only been in front of Kip and not whoever that was." Dragoon pointed at the door, indicating the figure who had left before Dragoon emerged from Kip's office. Merrick laughed. "What he make you do? Get down and beg for his forgiveness?" Dragoon looked even more irritated. "Something along those lines. Who the hell was that anyway?" Merrick shrugged. "Feel too awful, didn't take notice. Don't worry, I'm sure only half the army will hear about it. And it's not like there's any women in the VE to hear about it and not want to come near you." Dragoon got up and wandered off, and Merrick spent some more time putting off actually getting out of bed. Standing up for longer than a few seconds was likely to still present a problem.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Augustus
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

April 12, 2002 9:37:40 PM    View the profile of Augustus 
Augustus wearily hauled his bag into the barracks, and found an empty bunk. He dropped his bag next to it, looked around for someone with sergeant stripes, saw none, and fell into the bed. He placed the datapad with his orders on it ontop of his chest and tried to sleep. He'd been at the bar the night before, and had gotten only slightly entangled in the fight. He also had a hangover. At least he didn't hafta drill anymore. He'd just been assigned to Jester Squad.

-----------------------
Private First-Class Augustus Marius Carnifex
TRP/PFC Augustus/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Two-guns - Jester Squad
Tylen Jaap
ComNet Novice

April 13, 2002 1:17:32 AM    View the profile of Tylen Jaap 
The Sun rose over the hilltop.  Tylen had not missed a run rise or sunset ever since he joined up with the Vast Empire.  But of course nothing could beat the sunrises of his radiation filled atmosphere, home planet of Ossus.  But this came in a very close second. Tylen had been up before the darkness fell to the light side almost every day to watch the sunrises.  It was something that was completely out of his power of understanding and control.  He was never able or willing to get a good night sleep.  His skill in meditation where far more functional and energizing the regular sleep…and it took nearly half the time “Hey kid…”  Kiption said walking toward the rock that Tylen placed himself on.  Tylen merely nodded as Kip walked closer.  “Not used to seeing someone of your age up this early.” Kiption added.  “It helps to not have a hangover…” Tylen replied, his ignorance getting the best of him. “True…but still.  Say…you made it in to the bar ok…why didn’t you bother to join us?”  Kiption inquired. “Do you remember anything that happened last night?” “Yes of course I do!…well…now that you mention it…not really.” Kip replied “I’m not one to jump into other people’s problems.”  Tylen said as he pulled a thermal detonator out of his robes.  He activated it and tossed it in the air a few times.  He looked down at Kip standing there nervously watching him play catch with the explosive.  Tylen gave a small laugh and tossed the thermal detonator over to Kiption.  Kip very carefully cradling it into his stomach… “What the hell are you doing!?”  The detonator let out several high pitched, very fast warning noises.  Tylen laughed and waves his hand in the direction of the detonator. “Hehe…just playin with ya…” Tylen answered back as the explosive was deactivated.  “You ever sat back and tried to realize the true power of such a little object…It’s quite impressive once you think about it.”  Kiption was awe-struck, still not realized what happened…still not quite over his hangover…”Well anyway…I’ll catch you later…I have some practice to get started with.  Tylen jumped off the rock and brushed by Kip who still stood there as his head came back to reality from his life flashing before his eyes.  Kip looked back over his shoulder to Tylen. "That wasn't funny!  Damn kids..."   ----------------------- Sith Guardian Tylen Jaap CM/SG Tylen Jaap/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE [VP] TRP/SMJR Tylen Jaap/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Little Ball of Death - Jester Squad 'If you spent as much time practising your swordsmanship as you do your wit, you could even rival Master Yoda' - Obi
[This message has been edited by Tylen Jaap (edited April 13, 2002 1:43:09 AM)]
Dragoon
ComNet Initiate

April 15, 2002 5:26:17 PM    View the profile of Dragoon 
Dragoon lit a thin cigarra and sat in Jester's new lounge.  Kiption was sitting across from him, Augustus was sitting beside him, and Tylen was sitting across from Augustus.  "Okay, so you all know how to play Sabacc, right?"  Tylen and Augustus each nodded eagerly, and Kip gave Dragoon a knowing wink.  The other Jesters were scattered throughout the Lounge. He almost went over to ask Sokudo if he wanted a game, but those swords seemed always ready to be drawn.  Merrick was another story.  She had Dragoon all wrong.  He wasn't a mean guy, he just enjoyed a nice joke every once in awhile.  Kip didn't mind playing as long as Dragoon didn't target him. After about an hour of sipping on beverages and playing cards, Tylen finally noticed a trend.  "Dragoon, you sure do get lucky at cards."  Dragoon almost gave it all away with a grin, but simply said, "Sometimes they go in your favor, sometimes they don't." That tipped Dragoon off that suspicion could soon arise, so it was time to divert them with a story.  "Have I ever told you about these lesbian Twi'leks I met in Mos Eisley?"  Tylen's head perked up, as did Augustus', with Kip trying to hide a chuckle.  Merrick seemed to start paying attention to the story a bit, too.  Dragoon intently studied his cards.  "You wouldn't believe the crazy stuff they did.  I never even thought of the possibilities of those brain tail thingies..."

-----------------------
SSGT Dragoon
(He's the Sexy One )
Merrick
ComNet Member

April 15, 2002 10:18:06 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick wandered over and sat down next to Kip. "So who's winning?" Dragoon looked at Merrick and continued his story. Merrick looked at Kip's cards and then sat back to listen to Dragoon crap on about something that probably never happened. "Shut up and play Dragoon." It was Tylen. He was probably picking up on Dragoon's extreme 'good luck', or did he claim that it was skill? Foolish to play against a Jedi, even if he was only a kid, and cheat so obviously. "Yeah Dragoon, stop stalling and just play." This time it was Kip. Dragoon looked up, looking slightly surprised. Merrick laughed. "Now now, don't expose him just to get back at him for the big guy. Do something better to get back at him for that." Augustus and Tylen looked over at Merrick. "Expose him huh? Yeah I thought so." Tylen put down his cards and walked off. Augustus sat there looking at Dragoon, who didn't look very happy. "Good one Merrick." Merrick smiled again. "I try my best."

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 18, 2002 8:39:45 PM    View the profile of Kiption 
Well that was the end of that...  Dragoon and Kiption pocketed their winnings before they could be forced to give them back.  Merrick went over and gathered up Tylen's discarded cards and Augustus' when he finally got up.  "So how's it work?"  Merrick handed the cards back to Dragoon.  Dragoon delt the cards out to Kip, Merrick and himself.  "It's simple really."  Kip said taking off his glasses and handing them to Merrick.  "Put these on."  She put them on and started laughing.  Augustus, Tylen and Sokudo turned to look at what was going on at the card table.  "OK, you can give them back now."  Kip said holding out his hand expecting to get his glasses back.  "Nope, you haven't finished explaining to me why I can see the cards that you guys have."  "Special cards, but it doesn't mean anything.  Now would you please give them back."  Kiption reacehd over and snatched his glasses back.  "The beauty comes.." he said putting his glasses back on. "Damnit Kip, stop sharing all the secrets."  Dragoon said jamming his elbow into Kip's side.  "Who's up for going to a bar?" "No bars tonight.  We get new toys tomorrow."  Kiption smiiled.  "So you guys need to get some sleep."  Kiption stood up and walked back to his quarters.

-----------------------
Jester Squad Leader

Merrick
ComNet Member

April 19, 2002 12:04:53 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
"No bars? But we can sleep in bars.. and drink too. Come on Kip." But he was already gone. Merrick sighed and looked at Dragoon. "Oh well. At least this way you can't get him attacked anymore." Dragoon shook his head. "I told him never to give out our secrets. You're gonna steal my best friend Merrick." Merrick looked thoughtful. "Well, at least I don't get women to slap him and huge guys to beat him up. Maybe he will be safer hanging around with me." She grinned at Dragoon's expression. "Ah don't worry Dragoon, I'm not gonna steal him off you. I know how much you love each other." She laughed and Dragoon just looked more annoyed. Merrick sighed, got up and wandered over to her bunk. She thought about making it, but just lay down on it instead. If there were to be no bars, and Dragoon was going to stay annoyed, then there was nothing else to do. She didn't even have a good book to read. She got up again and wandered around aimlessly for a bit, before heading towards Kip's quarters to see if he was doing anything interesting. Being bored was among the things she hated most. She knocked on Kip's door loudly. He pulled it open. "What is it?!" Merrick took a step back. "Nothing, just wondering if you were doing anything interesting 'cause I'm bored. I'll go away if you want." Kip shook his head. "Well I was just going to go to bed, I suggest you do the same." Merrick sighed but nodded, and started to wander off.   ----------------------- Skyalin Tel'sha Jester Squad's chick with a sword To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
[This message has been edited by Merrick (edited April 19, 2002 12:08:45 AM)]
Augustus
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

April 19, 2002 10:28:54 PM    View the profile of Augustus 
Augustus sat on his bunk cleaning his twin DH-17 blaster pistols. He'd had them for a very long time and was very fond of them. He was one of those lucky few who could aim at two things at once and still hit them both, one with each of the weapons. It helped a bit that he was abidexterous. He reassembled his weapons and stored them, then got up to wonder some. He found Sokudo sharpening his swords, decided it best not to interupt. The same went for Tylen, already asleep. Dragoon was throwing darts at a dart board he had brought in. A picture, very distorted with holes, hung on it. He had just retrieved the darts from the board and was setting up to toss again. "Mind if I join you?" Augustus ventured. "Eh?" Dragoon looked a bit startled, "Oh, sure Augie," he finnished and handed over half the darts. They played for a short while. "Hey, Dragoon, who's picture is that, anyway?" A dark look crossed Dragoon's face, and he tossed another dart which landed smack dab in the middle of the only barely recognizable forehead, "Don't ask..."

-----------------------

Jester Squad - Guns, lots of guns
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 20, 2002 11:31:17 PM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption didn't sleep.  If there was one thing he was good at, it was sleeping.  He had various styles of sleeping.  The "on the back" sleep.  The "lie down on the side" sleep.  The "oh my god this was a hard day, I'm gonna collapse on the bed" sleep.  The "I should never have woken up today, I'm gonna curl up in the fetal position and hope that this kind of thing never happens again" sleep.  But tonight was different.  Tonight he suffered from what he liked to call, "WHOO HOOO!!! When I wake up tomorrow I get to play with cool things" insomnia.  Eventually he did sleep, but it was more due to lack of something better to do than anything else, and even then it wasn't for very long.  The sound of an alarm clock can be very annoying.  'Not my favorite way to start the day,' he thought to himself.  He crawled out of bed, threw on some clothes, and went to his console to see if the universe slept while he did.  Never was the case.  Further proof that the universe didn't revolve around him.  'Caffine good.' He poured himself a cup, filling the cup too much.  'Oh well.  Time to wake up the troops.'  He exited his quarters into the barracks.  Fumbeling on the side wall for the switch.  His fingers finally found it, found the proper interface and pressed it in.  Light flooded the room.  Tylen was already gone, prolly on one of his walks again.  Merrick pulled her pillow over her head; Sokudo and Augustus both jumped up and started to get ready.  Dragoon was making out with his pillow in the far corner, "No, I swear.  She meant nothing to me.  Of course I would love to come over to your place for coffee."  Dragoon talked in his sleep, quite sad.  Kiption walked over to Dragoon and threw his cup of caffine on him.  "Wake up!!"  Dragoon bolted up.  Kiption then walked over to Merricks bunk.  He reached down, grabbed her pillow.  "You can have this back at the end of the day."  She quickly moved her arms to cover her head.  "Ass." "Ass, sir!" Kiption corrected her and threw her pillow into his office.  "You all have 30 mins to meet me in outside this barracks.  Spend it as you will; grab chow if you want, but do not be late!"  Kiption walked out to go get something to eat, trying not to rush; he did have 30 mins to kill after all.

-----------------------
Jester Squad Leader

Merrick
ComNet Member

April 21, 2002 8:44:53 AM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick tried to go back to sleep. Getting up early was not what she was best at. Getting up at all generally presented something of a problem. Unless it was already night time. Dragoon walked over and poked her. "If I gotta get up, so do you. And he'll kick your ass if you don't." Merrick sighed. "Yeah yeah, I'm up alright." She got up and wandered around sleepily for a bit before deciding she should probably actually have a shower and get dressed. Merrick sat down to drink her coffee. Dragoon and the others were still wandering around doing various unimportant things, like eating. Dragoon looked at Merrick. "Gee, for a woman you get ready quick." Merrick just looked at him and he wandered off again. She drank the rest of her coffee and wandered outside, shielding her eyes from the evil light, and waited for the others. She hoped that Kiption was better at being SL than he was at picking up women.

-----------------------
Skyalin Tel'sha
Augustus
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

April 21, 2002 11:08:29 AM    View the profile of Augustus 
Augustus wondered around aimlessly trying to burn half an hour. Somewhere in that time he ate something. Food was good, he was a big proponent of food. Sometime else durring that he'd apparently also had a shower and whatnot. He could never remember the exact order that he had done things in the early morning, living most of it in a haze. Eventually he made it outside with the others, barely. He had missed the doorway slightly and hit the frame on the way out. Merrick, who was already outside had seen the whole thing. She would later recount that Augustus's left eye hadn't been open and that he had hit the doorframe with quite a bit of force, spinning him around. He had landed on his back. taking advantage of the opportunity, he had slipped into a light sleep that they were forced to wake him up from. Augustus had never been a morning person.

-----------------------

Jester Squad - Guns, lots of guns
Kiption
ComNet Novice

April 22, 2002 9:04:17 AM    View the profile of Kiption 
Kiption waited for his squad to organize themselves outside their barracks.  Besides Augusts' incident with the door, most of them managed to come out of it alright.  Could have been better, but what does one expect.  Not like their HC members or anything.  These guys actually have to be told to participate.  Anyways, I'm getting side tracked. Kiption opened his mouth to start yelling commands.  Instinctivly they all came to attention and fell into place.  "Alright, we get new toys today.  I hope you're all awake enough to do this, cause I'm kinda curious to see what you guys can do."  Kiption barked some more orders and the squad marched behind him in time with the cadence that he had established earlier.  Now, you will have to pardon me.  I'm not very good at making up things like this, so I intend to borrow one that I had heard somewhere.  Don't ask, it's not my fault that it's not funny.  You know what, it's not worth it.  Let's just move on. They turned the corner around another one of the barracks and directly to the door of a large mostly empty hanger.  He had them march right up in front of a bunch of crates.  "Lady and Gentlemen, today is Christmas.  Colonel Fury was nice enough to actually let us mess with things, even after that incident at the bar.  Fall out, and break down those crates so we can see what all we have here." Before any of them could move, all the crates just seemed to open themselves.  Everyone turned to look at Tylen.  "Sorry guys, I just couldn't wait."  Almost at once the squad converged to the huge stack of equipment that was just waiting for them there.  "Feel free to mess with stuff," Kiption said after they went to see what they all had, "but don't break anything, and don't leave the hanger yet.  I want to test your skills once you get used to what we have." -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- OOC:  Here is the list of equipment that we supposedly have: Scout Trooper armor, Stromtrooper II Carbines, Q2s5 Hold-out Blaster Pistols, 6xMobquet Overracer speeder bikes, 2xTrailMaker III Repulsorlift Sleds, 1xSentinel Landing Craft I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the landing craft is outside somewhere.

-----------------------
Jester Squad Leader

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Jester Squad - Chapter One - A New Hope  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:05:56 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 108  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >