Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Quiet Times (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Quiet Times (Paladin)
Chas
ComNet n00b

Chas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  15
Total Posts:  15
  RE: Quiet Times (Paladin)
April 16, 2009 3:37:15 AM    View the profile of Chas 
Chas smiled :" You should pick up acting classes, grey. It seems to fit you well"

"Only if you pick up ballet, Chas." Greywolf laughed

They both laughed in unison.
TRN/PVT Chas .SQD/.PL./1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1501
Total Posts:  1795
April 18, 2009 2:40:00 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“I really do like these things when they aren’t firing at me” commented Zeshaun as he looked at the e-webs.

Zeshaun moved over to the e-webs and kneeled down running his hands over the mechanism.  Suddenly the e-web fired a bolt.  Thankfully it wasn’t pointed at any of the squad but the bolt shattered a pillar.

“Hey, watch it” said TK who was standing close to the pillar.

“Sorry, my bad” replied Zeshaun.

Alan glanced upwards and heard a loud creaking.  Oh no thought Alan as he knew the ceiling had finally had enough.

“Move!” shouted Alan as he started moving into the next room.  The squad didn’t question why as they could hear the urgency in his voice.  The squad made it out of the main entrance before the ceiling came crashing down.

“Nice work Zesh” commented Njall.

“It wasn’t my fault” replied Zeshaun.

“So, now what are we going to do?” asked Greywolf.

“Well we’re not exiting the building through the main entrance” said Katarn as he looked at the rubble blocking the entry way.

“Let’s carry on into the building and hope that Pratt really is here” said Lucky.

The squad carried their movement into the building.  Alan had holstered his blasters for now but he was on high alert.  If Pratt had put two e-webs to cover the main entrance to the building then he was certain that Pratt had some more surprises for them.

“What’s that?” asked Chas suddenly.

Alan looked around to see what Chas had spotted as he couldn’t see what it was that had attracted the new kid’s attention.  He was just about to ask Chas what he had seen as he still couldn’t see anything.  Then he spotted it and he immediately knew they were in trouble.

“Hit the deck!” yelled Alan.

The squad immediately dived to the floor.  As Alan moved to the floor he felt his body being forced sideways.  He didn’t feel any pain but he knew that something had caused the unexpected movement.  He looked at his armour and spotted a sizzling graze on his shoulder.  Damn he’s good thought Alan.

“Are you alright?” asked Lucky.

“I’m fine, just grazed my armour” replied Alan.

“What is it?” asked Zeshaun.

“Sniper on the second floor” replied Chas.

“Well spotted kid” commented Alan.

Just what we need thought Alan, no way out and a well trained sniper pinning us down.
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC] {RES} {MRT}

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  546
Total Posts:  896
April 18, 2009 3:41:45 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun lay on his stomach, he lifted his head slowly to see if he could spot the sniper as well. He knew that someone in the squad had a sniper rifle on them but wasn't sure exactly who. With the ceiling collapsed from where they came and they had no immediate ways to get out of the sniper's range. If I ever get my hands on that dirty slug.. Zeshaun thought, remembering all the hardships the hutt had put them through before. Zeshaun felt very uncomfortable sitting under the glare of the sniper and the longer they sat waiting the longer Pratt would have to get away. Zeshaun slowly moved into a position where he could roll and with a sudden kick of his leg he rolled into a corner where the sniper couldn't see him.

As he rolled he felt a sudden jolt of pain in his right foot. The disturbance in his roll caused him to hit the wall hard and when he looked down at his leg he saw why. The sniper had manged to clip his foot with one of his shots, leaving a smoldering wound on his heel. He touched it with his finger and immediately regretted it, pain jolted through his leg. This is gonna be a problem Alan's voice suddenly crackled into his helmet's comm.

"What were you thinking?" Alan whispered angrily.

"Sorry, thought I could get away with that." Zeshaun said inspecting his wound, "I underestimated the sniper's skills."

Zeshaun stuck his head out from where he was hiding and the wall in front of him smashed and the debris hit his face. Zeshaun quickly pulled back. That didn't do much Zeshaun thought wincing as he put a little too much pressure on his foot. He scanned the room looking for any way out. It seemed the only way out was a door that was directly in the sniper's line of sight.

"Anyone got any plans." Zeshaun asked, hoping someone saw something that he didn't.

"None, as long as that snipers still there, we're stuck." TK_421 said.

"Hold it, getting a message from the ' Screaming Ewok ' Squad." Lucky interjected. "They say we should move when they give the signal."

"The screaming ewoks?" Njall asked, clearly doubting their integrity.

Zeshaun smiled, that's an interesting name for a stormtrooper squad He switched to thermal and could now clearly see the sniper on the second floor but he could also see a small group of 4 or 5 stormtroopers quickly crossing the courtyard and entering the building. He watched them as they walked up a flight of stairs and then were held up by a small force of mercenaries that seemed to be guarding the sniper. Zeshaun cringed as he saw one of the Screaming Ewoks go down and not get back up.

"Now." Lucky said.

Zeshaun saw the sniper pull his rifle out from the window and Zeshaun hopped up onto his leg and with the help of Alan made it through the door into the other room. Before the doors closed he took a peek through the closing doors and saw the sniper fall out the window and three stormtroopers now standing in the window.  If I ever meet them again, I'll have to buy them a few drinks Zeshaun thought. He leaned against a wall and took a deep breath..

"Let me help you with that." TK_421 grabbed some bandages from his belt, slipped of Zeshaun's boot and started wrapping his foot.

"I didn't know you were a medic." Zeshaun said, watching TK_421 wrapping his foot with precision.

"I'm not, I took a few classes but I decided I'd rather pilot vehicles." TK_421 said without looking up from his foot.

"Sweet, your a vehicle crewman like me now?!" Zeshaun said. "Maybe we'll take some classes together."

"Sorry to interrupt you gents, but we have a slug to take down." Njall said. "You guys can bond later when we get back."

TK_421 finished wrapping Zeshaun's leg, he put his boot back on and took a tender step. He wouldn't be able to full out sprint but he could walk comfortably. Zeshaun gave a nod of thanks and followed Lucky and Alan down the hallway that they had entered. It lead deeper into the building and Zeshaun was reminded of Pratt's other building that they had been forced to fight their way out of on their last mission. The hallway was quiet except for the sound of their boots clicking against the floor and the hallways were completely empty, with no doors or windows.

"This remind you of anything." Zeshaun said out loud remembering the heat trap that Pratt first tried to kill them with during their last mission.

"Don't say whatever it reminds you of Zesh." Alan quickly said.

"We all know what happens whenever you say something." Njall said.

They continued down the hall and they came across another door at the end. A single door, very plain and no handle. As Lucky approached the door mechanically slid open without any prompting.

"Holy crap." Greywolf gasped
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA][SC]{RES}
Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  13
April 19, 2009 12:59:49 AM    View the profile of Greywolf 
As the door slid open, Greywolf heard movement behind him. He turned and saw a trandoshan trying to sneak up behind them. "Oh crap!" gasped Greywolf as he noticed the weapons in the mercs hands. Ryyk blades. Greywolf remembered his guns were left behind when he made his dareing move on the E-web.

With the squad focused on the threat ahead, Greywolf readied himself for the fight. The Trandoshan charged into battle with a out side sweeping strike that would have taken Greywolf down had he not been noticed. Greywolf parried the attack and took a defensive stance as the next flurry of blows came in.

Greywolf blocked all three attacks and movied into the offensive. He swung his right blade in an upward motion only to be parried by the merc. the other hand blocked a strike the the outter left thigh. Greywolf fought with a speed and agility the Trandoshan thought impossible but he didn't give up.

The squad, having finished off the small group of mercs that came through the door, turned and readied their rifles. None shot as Greywolf was between them and the merc.

Greywolf went through a sierese of attacks that he learned watching panthers hunt and fight for food. The fight went back and forth for several minutes, no one recieving injuries. The trandoshan made an attack to Greywolfs upper right arm. Greywolf parried it, but not fast enough. The blade found the soft flesh Of his upper arm.

The wound only infuriated Greywolf. A fire seen only by the mercenary lit in Greywolfs eyes as he started a flury of attakcs both wide and close to the inside. and up and down on the mercs body. The mercenary was still for several seconds before he dropped to a broken, bloodied heap at Greywolfs feet.

He turned to his squad. "Where did you learn to fight like that?" asked Alan.

"My father taught me," Replied Greywolf

"Doesn't that hurt?" Asked finch, pointing to his arm.

Greywolf, noticing his wound replied "it does now. Tk, you think you can patch me up?"

"I might, but it'll cost ya."

"What is it you want?" asked Greywolf mockingly.

"When we get back, you gotta teach me some of your moves." said Tk jokingly as he riffled through his supplies.

"Dealyo." said greywolf as he sat down.
TRP/PVT Greywolf/.SQD/.PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  192
Total Posts:  242
April 19, 2009 6:45:31 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK knelt over Greywolf, holding his arm. He pulled out a bacta jab and injected it into, his biceps. TK heard a screech come from behind him; he wiped away the blood and finished off Greywolf with a bandage.

“There you go” said TK excitedly while hitting Greywolf’s arm

“Thanks” replied Greywolf holding his arm and standing up

“Orders sir?” asked TK as he looked at Alan

“Take down that wretched slug” said Alan

“Yes sir” saluted TK

TK watched as a straggler attempted to escape from the squad of immensly armed troopers. TK held his blaster and fired a burst into his face.

“Sorry, wrong side you were on though” TK said giving fake sympathy

TK watched as several mercenaries emerged on the squad. However, these were not the averege joe, they were some of Pratt's elites, like the ones faced in his Palace.
TK lifted his concussion rifle, and let a shot loose at the Mercs, hitting and shuddering the ground. A sudden deafening screech overcame the squad, as they fell to the ground, holding their ears. TK looked up and saw a metal trooper. On it was written "B-3 number 000312"

"Ultra-battle droid!" shouted Alan

"Looks like it has, banshee screech programming" said Katarn

The Battledroid approached the squad, still screeching, it also put it's own soldiers out of a fighting state. TK fired at the droid, destroying it instantly.

The squad cheered, but only attracted the attention of three more squads of elite mercs acompanied by a Ultra.

“Damn it” yelled Njall

“Run or kill?” asked Finch

“Kill them, Paladin attack!” yelled Alan

The squad engaged the enemy units immediately.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:
http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited April 19, 2009 8:18:33 AM)]
[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited April 19, 2009 10:22:29 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1503
April 19, 2009 10:45:42 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“Kill them, Paladin attack!” yelled Alan

Alan’s blasters were quickly in his hands as he fired into the throng of the approaching mercenaries.  He knew that they would be the easiest to bring down.  I don’t know how we’re going to take this thing down thought Alan as he kept careful tabs on where the ultra battle droid was going to.

“TK, Zesh, hit the floor!” shouted Lucky.

TK and Zeshaun didn’t question the order but instantly collapsed and hugged the floor.  Alan had dropped several mercenaries with well placed shots.  He took cover and glanced over towards TK and Zeshaun to see what was going on.  The ultra battle droid had decided to target them and had lowered its right arm.  Immediately a burst of flame blazed out from its arm.  Thankfully the flames went over the heads of TK and Zeshaun.

“At least it doesn’t have a rocket launcher” commented Zeshaun as he picked himself up from the floor feeling slightly warmer than before.

Tell me he didn’t say that thought Alan as he glanced over at the ultra battle droid and saw its rocket launcher on its left shoulder suddenly activate.

“Um Zesh, yes, it does” said TK,

“Get out of there!” yelled Alan.

“Covering fire” ordered Lucky.

Greywolf and Katarn immediately started firing at the mercenaries as TK and Zeshaun started to run.  A rocket leapt out from the ultra battle droid and exploded where TK and Zeshaun had stood mere seconds ago.

“I’m starting to dislike this droid” commented Njall.

“You guys ok?” asked Chas.

“Yeah, we’re fine” confirmed Zeshaun.

“Let’s bring this thing down before it dishes out any more surprises” said Finch.

“Or Zeshaun gives it another idea” commented TK.

“Hey” objected Zeshaun.

“Paladins, attack” ordered Lucky.

With that the squad started firing repeatedly at the ultra battle droid.
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC] {RES} {MRT}

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  554
April 21, 2009 1:12:21 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun and the squad fired shot after shot at the ultra battle droid but to no avail. It seemed to have some extra armor or some kind of shielding that Zeshaun couldn't see. I've never seen a droid take so much damage before Zeshaun thought as he took cover to quickly reload his rifle. The droid filled the hallway with it's massive frame, leaving no space for the squad to run through to get by.

"I've got an idea." TK_421 said out of the blue "Cover me."

Zeshaun quickly started firing as TK_421 jumped out from his cover and charged the large droid, letting out a war cry as he ran. TK_421 ducked down, narrowly avoiding the spray of lasers the ultra battle droid had aimed at him and did a sweep kick on the droids legs. Nice Zeshaun thought that the battle was over, he got up but when he saw the droid not fall, he quickly ducked down again as a rocket wizzed by his head and left a crater in the wall behind him.

"What just happened." Alan asked, confused as to why the droid did not fall.

"It's not moving," TK_421 said crawling back, clutching his leg. "That's the most solid droid I've ever met before."

Zeshaun turned his attention back toward the droid who had stopped firing all it's weapons, leaving an uneasy peace in the hallway. The squad watched as the giant droid raised it other arm, and revealed a small weapon on it's wrist.

"FLAMETHROWER!!" Lucky yelled as she jumped behind the corner of another corridor.

The rest of the squad followed her and narrowly missed behind scorched by the large flame that filled the whole hallway. Zeshaun could feel the heat and thought he was going to melt.

"Help i'm on fire!" Greywolf yelled.

Greywolf's foot had been caught in the burst of flames but Alan and NJall quickly put the fire out, it seemed the armor was melted and probably useless but it had protected his leg well enough. They waited for the heat to die down and then Lucky took a peek out around the corner. The sound of metal hitting the ground signalled that the ultra battle droid was now moving, probably to find the paladins.

"We're trapped." Chas said, coming back from checking all the doors." All these doors are locked."

"We're as good as dead." Zeshaun said, hopelessly.

"Not yet." Alan revealed a small bag full of grenades. "If these don't work, then yes we're as good as dead."

Zeshaun hurried forward and grabbed two grenades from the bag. He waited for Alan's signal, then the whole squad tossed their grenades around the corner. They had been set to explode on impact and the second they hit the floor, a large explosion rocked the hallway. Smoke filled the air, and Zeshaun could feel fragments of the wall and the floor with his feet. Zeshaun looked around the corner to see what damage was done, and was glad to see the droid on the ground.

"I think we got it." Katarn said.

"Yeah, that was close." Alan said letting out a sigh of relief.

"I don't think it's done yet." Njall said pointing back toward the droid.

The large ultra battle droid was starting to lift itself up, but the uneven ground and the loss of an arm was making it more difficult than it should have been.

"Open fire!" Lucky ordered.

The squad started fire away at the crippled droid, knocking it down every time it tried to get back up. Soon the droid just didn't have any more stamina, and it lay still. The squad let up on their blaster fire and stepped around the large droid, now laying in the crater left by the grenades. Pratt's really got some neat tricks up his sleave Zeshaun thought sarcastically. A loud metal clanking noise made the whole squad quickly turn on their heels.

"No way." TK_421 said in disbelief.

The ultra battle droid had gotten up, although it was missing and arm, and had numerous dents in it's armor, it some how looked angrier than before and it revealed it's rocket launcher again. you're kidding me Zeshaun thought as he stood in shock.

"Take cover." Alan ordered, diving behind a large piece of the wall that had fallen out.

The rockets lit up the hallway, Zeshaun hit the ground, covering his head, hoping that nothing would hit him. The rockets went on for longer than Zeshaun expected how many rockets does this thing have Zeshaun thought as he shuddered to think, what else Pratt would use against them if they survived this battle.
TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  194
April 21, 2009 1:52:47 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK sprinted towards Alan, ducking for cover. He let out several busts out on the ultra. He noticed two more were on the squads left, and two more on their right.

“Frack” cursed TK

“What is it?” questioned Njall

“Four more clankers” yelled TK

TK heard Zeshaun let loose a war cry, and blew away the wall, TK followed on with the other.

“Spread out and handle those clankers” ordered Lucky

TK dived for cover and shot at the droid, in seconds he had to reload again.

“This won’t work yelled TK nervously

“Hold position and bring them down” ordered Lucky

“But ma’am we won’t hold out long” replied TK

“That is an order private” retorted Lucky

“Yes ma’am” said TK downtrodden

This is the end of us thought TK

TK pulled out his concussion rifle, and held down the trigger, he then ran to Alan and let loose of the shot towards the ceiling, it then collapsed crushing the droid.

“Well done” congratulated Alan

“Thanks” replied TK with gratitude

“It’s back UP!” yelled Lucky shooting at the emerging droid

TK fired again, this time it was down for good.

“Finally” said Alan

“Don’t get cocky sir” said TK “four more”

“Indeed” said Alan “I don’t say this much but good work trooper, you will be a fine asset with that rifle”

TK briefly saluted but got back to action right away. He repeated the with the other droids and within moments the squad was safe. For now.

TK stared out into the open world, only to spot a Lambada class shuttle get shot down by two droid starfighters, which were followed by Hyena class droid bombers.

“Sir we gotta go help them” said TK

“It is too risky, and it may endanger this mission” said Lucky

“I don’t care, we can’t leave them alone” said TK

“Fine, me and you will go, we will meet back up with you, won’t be long” said Alan

TK and Alan left the ruins and went to hunt down the crew of the shuttle
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  14
April 21, 2009 9:09:09 PM    View the profile of Greywolf 
With Alan and TK gone, and four more droids aproaching, the squad knew it was in trouble. Greywolf was standing against the wall with his Ryyk blades out. it was the only weapons he had left. he looked into the hall and noticed a door on the right about 10 feet down the hall.

"I'll never make it." Greywolf thought out loud.

"What did you say?" asked Zeshaun who was standding right next to him.

"Nothing, just thinkin out loud." replied Greywolf as he looked around the room. after a few moments of searching, he had his answer. Grey wolf made his way over to the vent he saw about 5 feet to the side of him. Zeshaun, too busy dealing with the droids, hadn't noticed Greywolf move.

When he got to the vent he noticed it was big enough to fit him and his armor. He removed the face plate and climbed in. It wasn't far to the next room. When he got there, he looked into the room. Empty. He opened this vent and crawled out. He made his way to the door.

"Good. They passed it." He thought to himself.

Greywolf looked around for something to throw. he found a paper weight and picked it up. He crept back to the door and opened it slowly. he tossed it between two of the droids and as they turned to see what i was he lept onto the back of the one closest.

The second saw Greywolf and fire a rocket. He anticipated this and lept away as soon as the droid saw him. The blast destroyed both of the droids and sent Greywolf head first through the wall.
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1505
April 22, 2009 7:37:52 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as the squad carried on without them.  He cursed silently.  He hated seeing them go into danger without him but he also knew that the people on the shuttle needed help.

They quickly moved back down to the ground floor.  They knew that the main entrance was sealed so they hunted around for a back door.  Thankfully they came across one and opened the door quietly.  Alan popped his head out and was grateful to see that there was no-one around.  They exited the building and looked around.

"Over there Sir" said TK pointing.

Alan looked over in the direction of where TK was pointing at and spotted a trail of smoke leading down to the ground.  He was glad to see that there did not seem to be any flames coming from the area where the shuttle went down so he surmised that the ship was still intact.

"Let's go" said Alan, "and let's make it quick, dear knows what surprises Pratt has in store for the squad and they will need everyone they have".

"Roger that" replied TK.

Alan and TK set off at a brisk pace, keeping their eyes peeled for trouble.  When they started to get closer to the downed ship they could hear blaster fire.  Well that doesn't sound good thought Alan as he motioned TK to get down so they could crawl up to the ridge overlooking the ship for a better look.

They crawled slowly until they could get a good look at what they were up against.  True enough the ship was intact.  Outside there were four mercenaries firing at the ship.  Alan was surprised that the troops inside the ship were not returning fire.

"Why aren't they returning fire?" queried TK.

"Maybe they are injured" replied Alan.

Alan noticed that with the lack of return fire, the mercenaries were very cautiously approaching the ship.  We have to get to them before they get to the ship thought Alan.

"Let's go" said Alan.

TK nodded and together they leapt over the ridge and slide down towards the mercenaries.  Alan had his blasters in his hands and two of the mercenaries were down before they were even aware of Alan and TK's presence.  TK quickly brought down the other two mercenaries whilst they were turning round to find out who was firing at them.

"Well that was easy" said TK.

"Don't go jinxing us" commented Alan, "go check on the passengers whilst I keep watch".

TK entered the shuttle.  There were five occupants, one lying down on the ground whilst some cradling injured arms.  TK went to the occupant on the ground and realised he was dead.  He started to tend to the injured occupants.

"Hi I'm TK, I'm a medic, so sit back, relax and I'll tend to your injuries" said TK.

"What is going on?" asked one of the occupants.

"Tadath has been taken over by a Hutt name of Pratt" replied TK, "who are you?"

"We are engineers returning to Tadath after being sent out to assist in repairs of a station" he replied.

TK nodded, understanding why they had not returned fire.  They weren't soldiers but technicians caught up in this conflict.

"What's taking so long?" asked Alan.

Alan wasn't happy with being stuck out in the open like this.  He was certain that more mercenaries would arrive to see what the commotion was.  The thick plume of smoke coming from the ship was enough to attract anyone.

"Nearly done Sir" replied TK.

Soon TK and the rest of the occupants emerged from the ship.  TK explained to Alan that they were simple technicians.  Alan nodded and together they escorted them to a nearby building and told them to stay put and to keep a low profile.

"You think they'll be ok Sir?" asked TK.

"I'm sure they'll be fine so long as they stay hidden" replied Alan, "now let's get back to the squad, chances are is that they are battling something and could with our help".

"Yeah, probably" agreed TK.

They started to rush back to the building they had come from.  Alan was hoping that the squad was doing alright without their presence.  He was looking forward to rejoining them but wondered what it was they were facing now.

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  196
April 23, 2009 1:46:48 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK followed Alan’s lead down a dusty track; however, something caught his attention, gunfire echoed the surrounding forests. He span on his heals and disobeyed his orders – he ran back to the crash.

“TK, get back!” willowed Alan

“If these techies die, it will be on my conscience, go back and rendezvous with the squad, I will get in contact with help” reassured TK

“Don’t die, that is an order trooper” barked Alan, smirking

“Yes sure” replied TK with a salute

He watched Alan charge down the path, towards the squad, TK ran back to the shuttle crash. He looked down at the wreckage and noticed it being swarmed by mercenaries; luckily they had hotwired the rampart to lift back up, making the ship inaccessible, for now. TK fired four shots, brining down several mercenaries to their fate. The others however, turned very hostile, shooting back at TK, one laser fire, cut his arm.

“Alone against fourteen highly trained and ruthless mercenaries, they don’t stand a chance” mumbled TK

He opened heavy fire upon the insurgents, already six had perished under his hand. His trigger happy hand. TK eliminated the remnants.

“All too easy” laughed TK

He walked down the rather steep hill and walked into the wreckage, he opened the rampart; however, when he turned around he spotted a battalion of mercenaries march his way.

“Stay low, I will hold them off” said TK

“What about help?” asked one of the technicians

“Contact someone while I hold them off” said TK

TK lowered himself down, and braced himself for a battle
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited April 23, 2009 10:52:18 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1512
April 23, 2009 12:25:05 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan couldn’t believe it when TK disobeyed a direct order.  The chain of command was vitally important to the Vast Empire and any breach of it was unforgivable.  He felt sorry for the kid in a way.  He knew that there would be repercussions for him once the mission was over but he also knew that TK was trying to do the right thing.  He watched TK rush back to the crash and thought to himself damn fool.

Alan rushed back as quickly as he could back to the building that they had come out of.  He wondered if he would ever see TK again, he hoped he would.  Entering the building he could hear blaster fire coming from upstairs.  Damn, I knew they couldn’t stay out of trouble thought Alan as he grabbed his blasters from their holsters and started running up the stairs.

The sound of the blaster fire was getting closer and Alan slowed down until he located the room that the fire was coming from.  He quickly scanned the room and saw that the squad were pinned down by a group of mercenaries.  He saw that the floor was littered with dead mercenaries and droids that no longer worked.  Well they sure are putting up one hell of a fight thought Alan as he entered the room silently and kept to the shadows.

Alan smiled from under his helmet.  The mercenaries hadn’t seen him as they were focused primarily on the squad.  Alan’s blasters were soon blazing and the ranks of the mercenaries were quickly decimated before they had a chance to figure out what was going on.  Those that were lucky enough to avoid Alan’s initial onslaught and were able to turn around and get a lock on Alan were gunned down by the squad.

“Nice to have you back” said Lucky once all the mercenaries were dead.

“Good to be back and to see you all still in one piece” replied Alan.

“Where’s TK?” asked Zeshaun as he glanced around noticing TK’s absence.

“He decided to disobey orders and he stayed behind to look after the engineers on the downed ship” replied Alan.

“He disobeyed orders” commented Lucky, slightly taken aback at such a thing.

“Great, he’s going to get himself killed” stated Njall.

“Perhaps we should go help him” suggested Finch.

“No” replied Alan, “we need to focus on the mission.  He chose to stay behind and that will be a decision he will have to live with”.

“Let’s move out and take the fight to Pratt” ordered Lucky.

The squad continued their advance through the building in their search for the elusive Hutt.  Alan glanced through one of the windows and saw the plume of smoke.  Good luck kid thought Alan as he followed the squad.

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  198
April 23, 2009 2:28:47 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK sat nervously, baby sitting the survivors, only five minuets ago he reached them, already an army approached. He looked around, noticing that panels on the sides are badly damaged, he stood up and jerked them off, using them as a defence.

“I think I got something” said a technician

“What?” wondered TK nervously

“A forward command base” he replied

“Pass that here” ordered TK

He placed the com next to his ear, only to hear white noise

“Hello?” he said into the com

Same noise repeated; however, suddenly a voice came over

“Vast Empire forward command base 02134, what right have you contacting us?” a man said

“This is unit: TK_421, requesting assistance, co-ordinates 02312, 14235 imminently, I have wounded and an army approaching, any help would be appreciated

“I will talk to my superiors on that request, trooper, please hold” the voice said

TK slammed the com on the floor before cursing “Damn useless army ” a blaster bolt penetrated the makeshift shield

“We have company” barked TK

He span around and fired on the engaging tangos, his inaccurate shooting only brought down three, TK watched as a red laser made a route into his arm, he fell to the floor. He heard a hum come from above, he watched with one eye, as the other one was blinded by blood, several Tie fighters’ two bombers and a shuttle, the fighters and bomber made short work of the mercenaries. TK slipped unconscious.

After, a few hours, TK woke in a bed; his arm was still in pain but much less. He looked around the imperial architecture. He was definitely in an imperial base.  A tall figure stood at the bottom

“I am colonel Mav, and you are going to get rest, you are called off your current mission” said the colonel

“With all due respect sir, but you need us” said TK

“Maybe, but not now” said Mav

TK nodded and fell into a slumber.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  561
April 23, 2009 2:43:02 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was sad to hear that TK_421 had run to defend the innocent technicians trapped in the broken down shuttle. Zeshaun had become fond of TK_421 and could always count on him to cover his back, it would be a shame if he died. He reluctantly followed Alan and Lucky through the halls, searching for Pratt, who managed to stay elusive through out this whole mission. Zeshaun smelled smoke and he saw Alan looking out the window as well. Zeshaun turned to see what he was looking at, a large pillar of smoke rose from between the buildings that must be where TK is fighting Zeshaun thought as he heard distant sounds of blaster rifles and explosions.

Lucky motioned for everyone to be quiet, they stood with their backs up against the wall, voices could be heard coming down the hall, Zeshaun counted about 4 voices, and they were approaching the squad. The squad pressed their backs against the wall, trying to stay in whatever shadow that they could find, the mercenaries past without noticing the squad. Lucky and Alan pivoted around the corner and shot all four mercenaries in the back. The squad proceeded down the hallway, checking doors as they went. Zeshaun noticed that there was no noise, it was very serene and peaceful for it to be a place housing mercenaries. As he was wondering he heard a clanking noise, and Zeshaun turned quickly, raising his rifle to see Greywolf holding a small projector in his hand.

"This came out of the vent." He said pointing to a grate less vent in the ceiling.

The holoprojector emitted some beeping noises, and Greywolf dropped it and started to turn to run, thinking it was some sort of explosive, a life size projection of Pratt filled the hallway, not leaving out any slimy details. Zeshaun noticed that he had acquired a new translation droid and it was standing next to Pratt. Prat began to speak and the droid translated.

"My master wishes to thank you for the most enjoyable show." The droid began. "and wishes to offer you a deal."

"We don't deal with the likes of you." Lucky scoffed.

"That is most unfortunate." The droid translated, "My master says he is sad to see his favorite act be destroyed."

"We're not done yet." Alan said, taking a step forward.

The hutt laughed, the sound filling the hallway, Zeshaun shuddered, but then heard a new noise coming from down the hall. He saw the shadow of at least 8 battle droids coming from around the corner.

"My master would beg to differ." The droid countered,

The holoprojection ended and the disk lay on the ground, the squad of droids turned the corner. Alan quickly snatched up his guns and started firing as the squad ran back around the corner and started firing back. Just as the Bi battle droids started to thin out, a new set of super battle droids appeared around the corner. what the hell Zeshaun thought, annoyed with the apparent endless assets that Pratt controlled.

"We don't have time for this." Njall shouted, firing as he did so.

"I know," Alan shouted back, "Every second we waste here the farther Pratt get's away."

Zeshaun fired at one of the droids joints, bringing it to the ground. Alan finished it off with a clean shot through the head area of the super battle droid. The sound of Pratt's droids voice suddenly projected through the whole hallway, from some unseen speakers.

"My master is not pleased, he wishes you would all die faster."

Zeshaun nearly laughed. If Pratt think's we're dieing this easily, he's got another thing coming. Alan quickened his fire rate, bringing down the droids faster than anyone Zeshaun knew, other than jedi. Zeshaun followed his example and set started to fire faster as well. He seemed to shoot more accurately than ever before, this pratt guy must be a real good motivation Zeshaun thought smiling, imagining the look on the hutt's face as he watched the Paladins destroy his army of droids.

"We're done here," Lucky said putting a shot through the last of the battle droids. "Let's go get that hutt."
TK_421
ComNet Cadet

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  200
April 24, 2009 2:09:26 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK woke abruptly, Tadath’s air was raw. The wounded soldier slid up and faced a high ranking officer.

“Greetings, I have heard of you and your squad’s current mission” said the officer

“Salutations sir!” saluted TK, still in bed

“I am field commander, Garken Marsk” said the officer

“TK_42….” said TK, unexpectedly being stopped by Marsk

“I know who you are, I will not let your braveries go unnoticed, after we crush these pathetic power loving lunatics, you can have a long relaxing leave, sound good?” stated Marsk 

TK replied with a nod, before standing out of bed, with his needs shaking. He looked down on his left bicep, where the laser fire darted through.

“We have a prisoner you can, intimidate if you like” grinned Marsk

“Sure” laughed TK limping down into the jail cells, when he arrived they were pretty much empty, apart from one, there was a yellow skinned Trandoshan.

“Nasty merc” said TK nastily

“Indeed” said Marsk

TK watched in horror as his commander left him with a bulky Trandoshan who was barking random words at him in Doshan.

“Just shut up! You pathetic slime” yelled TK and instantly the Trandoshan was silent

“Good I need silence” continued TK trying to be intimidating

“You will get no information out of me, about Pratt’s master plan” cackled the Trandoshan

“Ah thanks for the information please tell me more” barked TK giving the Trandoshan a swift back hand.

TK turned around and marched back out towards the commander, but outside many bodies lay to waste on the ground, along with pillars of smoke

This must be his “Master Plan” TK thought to himself

TK picked up a blaster and hurried back down stairs and shot the Trandoshan, leaving a heavy body in chains.

“Give respect and you gain some back” TK said to himself

TK stepped back out into the dust and grime to push back the attacking punks.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1521
April 26, 2009 8:27:52 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"We're done here," Lucky said putting a shot through the last of the battle droids. "Let's go get that hutt."

Alan could sense that they were nearing the location of Pratt.  They had battled several mercenaries and druids and now it felt like they were nearing the end of their mission.  He was looking forward to finally putting the Hutt down for good.

“Hold up” called out Lucky.

The squad came to a stop and waited.  It looked like Lucky was receiving some form of message.  Suddenly Alan’s com unit sparked to life and he realised that Lucky had put the message through to his com unit also.  Alan held his hands to his helmet, the message was very garbled and it was difficult to make out.

“Field…Marsk…under attack….TK…..assistance” said the message.

Alan glanced over at Lucky and he could see that despite the message being garbled the important information was understood.

Lucky looked up at the squad and said “TK’s in trouble, we need to go provide him with assistance”.

“But what about Pratt, we are so close to putting him down” objected Greywolf.

“I’m well aware of the Private but TK is one of our own and we always look after our own” said Lucky.

“Where is he?” asked Zeshaun.

“Sadly that’s the part, we don’t know.  We got a garbled message from an officer called Marsk” said Alan.

“Field Commander Garken Marsk” said Finch.

“Well we did get the word Field before his name so I’m guessing so” said Lucky.

“I know him, his in charge of a base several miles due south of here” replied Finch.

“Let’s get going then” ordered Lucky.

The squad started backtracking back through the building.  Alan glanced back and cursed silently.  They would get Pratt one day but it wasn’t looking like today was going to be that day.

“So how are we going to get to him, I don’t fancy the walk and if he is in trouble we need to get to him now” called out Katarn.

“Look, over there” said Chas, pointing.

The squad glanced over and saw a mercenaries shuttlecraft sitting parked.  Alan was surprised that it wasn’t guarded but then he figured that the mercenaries didn’t expect there to be any trouble and didn’t need for it to be under guard.

A noise suddenly broke the silence and Alan glanced over at the building.  He saw a ship fly away from the building and Alan knew that it was Pratt moving to a more secure and secretive location.

“Tell me that’s not who I think it is” commented Njall.

“It probably is” replied Lucky, “we will deal with him in time”.

“I’ll drive” called out Zeshaun as he hurtled towards the ship.

“That thing better have safety belts” commented Njall upon hearing who the pilot was going to be.

Alan groaned as he wondered whether they would be crashing as they usually did when Zeshaun got into the pilots chair.  Here we go again thought Alan as he boarded the craft.

TK_421
ComNet Cadet

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  206
April 27, 2009 11:38:37 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
The fighting was escalating, from a simple gunfight; into a war. The peaceful vast empire base was set a blaze within minutes. TK stood at the top of a flight of stairs leading into the prison cells.  He watched as men and women alike charged in the shadows, the cries of both imperials and mercenaries alike, echoed through the battle. TK lifted his blaster with one hand, and charged around the corner. He encountered four mercenaries, but cut them down without much fuss. TK looked around the bloodshed and noticed a squad of stormtroopers, pinned down. He rushed over to help the innocent soldiers.

“Head back to the prison cells” barked TK crouching down and firing on the enemy “I will get your back”

He watched as the stormtroopers fled to the prison blocks for safe refuge, for now.
TK stood up and followed the solders, eyes peeled on the surrounding intruders, letting off short bursts at a time; he lost count of the people he has already killed. He turned around and legged it back to the cells, to rendezvous with the stragglers. When he arrived, it was safer then the entire base camp. And, for some reason, the mercenaries retreated away from it. TK hurried down the stairs, holding his left arm. The cells were currently being used as safe heavens for the wounded. By the cells stood Marsk; However, the colonel was nowhere in sight.

“SIR!” saluted TK

“Salutations, private” commented the Commander “Glad to see you’re in one peace, and got some of these soldiers back into a fighting state”

“With all due respect sir” said TK looking down “I only got them away from combat”

“Indeed” replied Marsk “You should get some rest”

TK watched as Marsk opened up the cell, he stepped inside and the yellow barrier closed behind him. Inside, was rather spacious for a cell, a large room filled with scavenged items for wounded soldiers to use. How long was I out for them to get themselves prepared like this TK thought to himself.

“How come we get a luxurious place, while other people die?” TK said aloud.

“Harsh really” said a veteran trooper, who was injured during the confusion of the attack

“Sir, shuttle incoming” yelled a soldier from the stairs

“Pratt?” asked Marsk

“Most likely” replied TK

“You should go” said Marsk “Bring this to an end”

“I’m injured remember” laughed TK

“This isn’t a joke” said Marsk bringing in the seriousness to the conversation

“Fine, I will do it” snarled TK

He watched as the barrier lowered into nothing, he stepped the room as the barrier closed behind him. TK moved hurryingly up the stairs, and around the left of the building. He saw the shuttle land, in perfect sight, as two magna guards stepped off, followed by a sluggish figure.

“Pratt” TK retorted lowly

TK ran inside the building, and saw Marsk not move since he left.

“Back so soon?” asked Marsk

“It is Pratt” said TK “He is here”

“We know, we found this holotape off the prisoner you intimidated, then killed” replied Marsk knowingly

TK placed the tape in a holo player, and a looming voice took the cells by surprise.

Translation….. Good soldiers of my company, you have been chosen to take a certain foothold for our revengeful operation on Tadath. Take the imperial forward command base, lead by field commander Garken Marsk. I will await your speedy victory, and when I arrive, I wish to see that slimy body of Marsk underneath my trail. Now go soldiers, take this base for the completion of my master plan

“And he calls me slimy” retorted Marsk

“Another shuttle” called an imperial watchman

“What type?” asked Marsk

“A Sheathipede sir” replied the watchman with utmost certainty

“Wait, this is flown, badly” said TK “That is Zeshaun’s bad piloting”

“Zeshaun?” wondered Marsk

“Member of my squad” replied TK “Permission to retrieve my squad”

“Permission granted, solider” said Marsk

TK saluted then high tailed it out of the building. He crossed the concrete courtyards, to a large landing pad. Lucky they are safe TK thought to himself with a sigh of relief. He watched as the squad slowly slumped out the shuttle onto the metal platform.

“Guys” shouted TK waving his arm around in the air

“Down there” said a voice, coming from the platform

TK watched the squad hurry down the ram.

“TK! Glad you are alive” said Lucky in relief

“As good as can be, with a bad arm” laughed TK

“Did Pratt land here” asked Alan

TK nodded “Yes, and we have this situation under control”

“Is Marsk around?” asked Finch with concern

“The remaining troopers and holed up in the prison cells, this way” beckoned TK

TK lead the way back across the courtyards, he felt the gusts of eddies whoosh past him as he sprinted back in the direction he first came. At the top of the stairs he pointed out a specific character, Garken Marsk.

“Thanks TK, you should come down” said Lucky now taking point

“Will do” said TK handing a watchman some supplies

“Thanks” said the watchman in gratitude

TK stepped down the stairs, one step at a time until reaching the bottom. He walked over to Marsk and saluted.

“Now this fighting will stop” said Marsk with hope “Paladin will lead the survivors into combat and take back this base”

“No need sir, we can handle these ourselves” said Alan

“Are you sure?” asked Marsk with concern

“If we need help, we will holler” said Lucky

“Understood” agreed Marsk

“Now lets move out Paladin” hollered Lucky

TK ran up the stairs, with hope to end this war.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1524
April 27, 2009 12:53:46 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was surprised that Zeshaun had managed to safely land the shuttle, even if it had been a rather wobbly descent.  He wondered whether or not Zeshaun had been secretly taking piloting lessons.

“You put that thing on autopilot?” queried Alan.

“Watch it” replied Zeshaun, laughing.

Alan chucked and slapped Zeshaun on the back as the ramp lowered down to the ground and the squad began to disembark.  Alan was very happy to see that TK was still alive.

During their trip over, Alan had spotted a shuttle manoeuvre its way in front of them and Alan started to wonder whether or not it was the shuttle that Pratt had left on.  Surely he wouldn’t come here thought Alan that would be too easy.

Alan immediately wanted to know if Pratt was here or not so instead of saying hi to TK or asking how he was he went straight to business.

“Did Pratt land here?” asked Alan

TK nodded “Yes, and we have this situation under control”

Alan wasn’t sure what TK meant by that but he wanted to see Pratt dead, once and for all.  It seemed that just when they had him, they lost him.  Not this time vowed Alan.

“Now let’s move out Paladin” hollered Lucky.

TK was the first one that ran up the stairs, closely followed by the rest of the squad.  Arriving on the first floor of the base TK suddenly found himself skidding.  He managed to stabilise himself and stop the slide.

“Stop clowning around” commented Njall.

“I’m not clowning around” retorted TK.

Alan was curious to find out what had happened so moved swiftly to the front and saw that the floor was coated with slime.  Perfect thought Alan.

“Looks like Pratt came this way” said Alan.

“Yeah, and left part of himself right here” replied Njall.

Alan smiled under his helmet as Lucky waved the squad forward.  The squad had to be careful where they stepped as they didn’t want to go marching or sliding through the mess that Pratt had left in his wake.

Rounding a corner they came face to face with a group of elite mercenaries.  This confirmed to Alan that Pratt was still in the building.  The squad immediately dove for cover as the elites opened fire on them.

“Paladin’s, let’s take them out!” ordered Lucky.

Alan blasters were quickly in his hands as he got ready to return fire.  Why does Pratt have so many soldiers thought Alan as he got ready to attack.

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  570
April 27, 2009 6:06:36 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Just as Zeshaun turned the corner, the barrel of an elite was pointing right at his head. He quickly stepped back, narrowly dodging the bolt that flew down the hall and marked the far wall with a black scorching mark. Alan was quick to react and had already got his blasters in his hands, firing back at the elites. not these guys Zeshaun thought thinking back to all the trouble that they had caused them before on the space station and in Pratt's home building. The elites fired, and were not as clumsy or stupid as the droids. The fight dragged on with no casualties for either side.

"We need to end this." Njall said impatiently reloading his rifle.

"I hear ya." Zeshaun replied, fed up with the skills of the elites.

Zeshaun fired again, but the elites just took cover, causing all of Zeshaun's shots to miss their targets. He patiently waited for the elites to come out of hiding, but they stayed hidden, Zeshaun's patience was running out. He heard a sudden clinking noise, the sound of metal on metal, Zeshaun saw two fist size balls roll their way. oh no Before Zeshaun could really react, the grenades went off, sending him back behind the corner of the hallway and into the wall. Zeshaun had his breath knocked out of him, but he didn't think he had broken anything. He had to sit and catch his breath for a minute before he got back up. He had a splitting headache and his back was killing him.

"You okay?" Lucky asked, helping him up from the ground

Zeshaun nodded his head. "Yeah I think so."

"You're lucky, the corner you were taking cover behind took most of the blast." Lucky said pointing to the crumbling wall next to where Zeshaun had been standing a moment ago.

Zeshaun stood wide-eyed. caught a lucky break he thought as he dusted himself off and cringed from a sudden stabbing pain in his back. The firing of rifles had resumed, unfortunately the Paladin's had no grenades, smoke bombs, or flashbangs of any kind on them. this is Tadath Zeshaun thought there has to be some kind of weapon cache somewhere close by He started to look at signs and maps that were placed on the walls that would lead him to any explosives, he failed to find any.

"These guys seem harder than before." TK_421 asked as he fired a small burst of shots toward the elites.

"You guys fought these guys before?!" Greywolf asked, shocked.

"Yeah we barely survived that mission." Alan said, nodding.

Zeshaun had resumed firing and the fight continued. They exchanged fire for a few more minutes before, some one approached the squad from behind. Njall and Greywolf both jumped, whipping around to find three soldiers standing nervously behind them.

"Field Commander Marsk thought you would like some reinforcements." One of the soldiers said.

Lucky approached them, "Thanks, we needed it, you wouldn't happen to have any grenades on you?" She asked quickly.

The three troopers each produced one grenade each. "Perfect."

Lucky grabbed one, pulled the pin, and threw it down the hall. It bounced off the back wall and rolled back toward he elites, Zeshaun could hear a shuffle of feet and then an explosion followed. As the smoke cleared Zeshaun could see at least two bodies on the ground, mutilated by chunks of what appeared to be the floor and walls. Zeshaun wasn't exactly sure how many elites they were fighting so he was cautious to quickly approach the bodies. As the squad got closer, he saw three more bodies, each of them missing a few limbs, and then they came upon one of the elites trying to crawl, it seemed that the explosion had broken the elites legs. Alan walked up to the elite and brought out his pistol, the elite put it's hands up in mercy but Alan shot him down.

They continued down the hall, walking through the hall, following the thin but distinct trail of slime that was going down the hallways. Alan and Lucky walked out into an intersection and then suddenly back peddled, nearly knocking Zeshaun down and pushing the squad back behind the corner.

"I think we found them." Lucky said, answering everyone's quizzical looks.

"There's a droideka along with some elites guarding a double door." Alan confirmed.

Another display of Pratt's unlimited resources Zeshaun thought as the mention of a droideka made his heart skip a beat or two. He looked around the corner to see for himself and sure enough a droideka was clinking along infront of the door, and two elites stood on either side. if we get out of this alive, we better get some kind of medal Zeshaun thought shrinking back to the safety of the corner.

"What do we do now?" Greywolf asked.

"If we want Pratt we get through that." Njall said pointing around the corner.

"I'm not so sure this hutt is really worth it anymore." TK_421 said laughing.

"I feel you buddy." Zeshaun said, almost agreeing with TK_421

"Well this is what Paladin does," Alan said, "Let's do this." Alan held his blasters at the ready.
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1525
April 28, 2009 2:54:45 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Well this is what Paladin does," Alan said, "Let's do this." Alan held his blasters at the ready.

Lucky held up her hand and directed the squad to take out the two elites.  Alan nodded, he liked the strategy.  Take out the easy targets first and that would leave just the droideka.  No idea how we're taking that down yet pondered Alan but he decided first things first and right now it was time for the elites.

The squad nodded back that they were ready.  Lucky held up three fingers and started to visually count down using her fingers.  One finger left, then her hand waved out and the squad leapt out in unison.  Alan's blasters blazed.  One of his blasters targeted the left hand side elite.  The other targeted the right hand side elite.  The squad targeted an elite mercenary of their own and blaster fire cascaded down on them.

Alan felt sorry for the left hand mercenary as he seemed to be getting targeted more than the other one.  The droideka immediately spun into action and send multiple blaster fire towards the squad.  The squad were ready and expecting this and had retreated back to a safe location, the initial onslaught on the elites over with.

Just as Alan spun back to his covering location, through the smoke he noticed something.  You have got to be kidding me he thought.  He decided that he had to see what was going on.

"Get back" called out Lucky as she saw Alan snaking out from his covering position.

Alan fired a single shot and stayed much longer than was safer but he needed to know.  He scowled under his helmet as his worst fears were realised.  He ducked back into cover mere seconds before his exposed location was bombarded by droideka fire.

"Well that's the mercenaries down, now just that blasted droideka" said TK.

"What were you playing at?" queried Lucky to Alan, more annoyed at the fact that he had risked his life needlessly.

"Yeah, I'm afraid the elite's aren't down" commented Alan.

"Not down" exclaimed Zeshaun, "with the amount of blaster fire we hit them with they should be in small pieces by now".

"That's what I thought, but it seems that these ones have personal shielding around them, our blaster fire was ineffective.  I had to check to make sure" said Alan.

"Oh well this is just great" commented Njall.

Alan glanced over at Lucky and he knew that she was formulating a new strategy.  He was looking forward to seeing what she had in mind as right now his mind was a blank and he knew that the mercenaries wouldn't just sit there, now that they knew they were here they would advance.

"What now" said Zeshaun, "they're probably going to attack us now".

Alan shook his head softly.  He had been thinking the same thing but why had Zeshaun felt the need to voice the obvious.  Surely he must know that he was just begging them to attack.

"Here they come" called out Greywolf.

Alan's blasters were in his hand.  He knew that his blasters were probably going to be useless against them but if he was going to go out then he was going to go out fighting.

I hope you come up with a plan soon thought Alan as he readied himself for the attack.

Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  15
April 28, 2009 6:30:19 PM    View the profile of Greywolf 
"Here they come" called out greywolf. He still hadn't managed to find a gun so all he had were his two ryyk blades. "Alan! Can melee weapons go through a droideka shield?" ask Greywolf over the com.

"Yeah, i think so. Why do you ask? What are you planning?" Replied AlanRJ.

"If you look above their heads, you will see a vent in the celing. If one of us can get there, we can drop behind them and take them out before the know what happened." explained Greywolf, "And I think that since i don't have any projectile weapons, I should go."

Alan thought over what the private had said for a few moments. as the mercenaries rounded the corner, Alan said "go for it kid, and good luck."

Greywolf took off imediatley into the room on the left. As the door swung closed, Blaster fire erupted in the hallway. After only seconds of searching, Greywolf found what he was looking for. He pushed the desk from the center of the room, to the far back wall and used it to get into the airvent.

As he crawled through the tunnel, he heard blaster fire beneath him. he neared his destination, and prepared himself for his upcoming struggle.

The blaster fire died away and Grey knew the mercs were down for good this time.

"Now we wait." said Alan to the team.

"For what?" asked Lucky talking to Alan.

"For Private Graywolf to complete his task. I sent him to take out the droidekas."

Lucky was confused but trusted in Alans desicion.

Greywolf opened the vent as quietly as he could, so as not to inform the two droids below. he dropped silently to the floor behind the droids. He located the power source and stabbed both droids at the same time.

As Greywolf started down the hall to rejoin his squad, his head seared in pain and his vision went white, then black as he passed out.

TK-421 was the first to peek around the corner. The first thing he saw was a fresh group of mecenaries walking down the hall towards there location. He then saw a black lump in the middle of the hall. H recognized this figure as Greywolf, adn thought him dead.

TK relayed the news to the squad and the rushed out to meet the new group, guns blazzing. Zeshaun glanced at Greywolf and noticed movment in the chest area. "Hey guys, I think he's still alive." he said over the com.

"Who is?" replied TK and Alan simultaneously.

"Greywolf. I think i just saw him breathing very slowly."
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1528
April 29, 2009 12:58:42 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan cursed himself for letting Greywolf go off on such a foolhardy undertaking.  He looked over at Greywolf and at the advancing mercenaries and knew they had to get him out of there.

“Covering fire” barked Alan.

The squad nodded and started firing discriminately at the advancing mercenaries.  Most of the shots went wild and the shots that were on target never reached their destination as the mercenaries immediately took cover.

Alan didn’t care as his immediate concern was the retrieval of Greywolf.  He had told him to go on his foolhardy mission and now it was up to him to go get him.

“Give him plenty of cover” ordered Lucky, her voice showing signs of concern at seeing Alan venture out in such an exposed position.

Even though he was going out to retrieve Greywolf, Alan still had one of his blasters in his hands in case he needed to defend himself.  He arrived at Greywolf and could hear him groaning.  That’s a good sign thought Alan.

Grabbing Greywolf by his shoulders, Alan started to drag him back.  A cock mercenary suddenly poked his head out from his hiding position.  Alan wasted no time in sending several blaster bolts in his vicinity.  Alan didn’t care that his shots went wild, what was more important was the fact that the mercenary ducked into cover.

Pulling Greywolf to safety, TK was soon by his side.  He pulled off Greywolf’s helmet and was happy to see him come round.  TK started checking Greywolf for injuries and tending to them.

Lucky skirted over beside Alan to check on how Greywolf was doing as well as making sure Alan was ok.

“That was risky” said Lucky.

“Yeah, but necessary” replied Alan.

“Well you’ll be glad to know that he will live” called out TK.
“Aw, that’s a shame” commented Njall sarcastically.

“Hey, I heard that” called out Greywolf as he started to come round.

“So what’s the plan?” queried Zeshaun.

“Well, looks like it’s a standoff” said Lucky as she glanced out.

“Well I think we need to take the fight to them before Pratt decides to vacate the premises” said Alan.

“Agreed, let’s fall out” ordered Lucky.

TK helped Greywolf to his feet as Alan grabbed both of his blasters and readied himself for the battle ahead.

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  575
April 29, 2009 7:11:51 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun loaded his rifle, and moved to a position right behind Alan, he was determined to get the first kill. It seemed the mercenaries were not as assertive as the Paladin's and were still hiding behind their corner. Lucky wanted to use their element of surprise on the mercenaries if they could. The squad split into two groups, pressing up against either side of the wall, trying to stay as quiet as possible. They approached the corner where the mercenaries were hiding, Lucky's group stood on the far wall, and would be the first ones seen. Alan, Zeshaun, and Greywolf all waited for Lucky to draw their attention. Lucky tossed an arm of a droid around the corner, Zeshaun heard a bustling of feet and a few voices, commanding them to attack. I almost feel sorry for these guys Zeshaun thought as he kept his sights trained on the corner waiting for the first mercenary to walk out. He caught the edge of a helmet coming around the corner and pulled the trigger. His shot pierced the mercenaries visor and went through his upper cheek, sending the man to the ground clutching his face. Lucky put a shot through the mercenaries head, killing him instantly. Alan and Greywolf had also gotten both of their targets as they rounded the corner, but the mercenaries learned, and soon took positions around the corner behind crates and barrels that they had put together.

"Toss me the last grenade." Lucky ordered.

One of the newcomers reached into his bag and handed Lucky a grenade, she pulled the pin and rolled it around the corner. The squad retreated back a few feet back to avoid the blast, the hallway filled with smoke and there was small pieces of debris littered across the hall. Alan cautiously moved toward the corner and peered around. A flurry of blasts whizzed by his head, causing Alan to pull his head back.

"They somehow got their hands on personal shields." Alan reported. "They survived the blast, although I have to assume their shields aren't very strong anymore."

Lucky stood for a moment, Zeshaun hoped she was creating some sort of plan to defeat these mercenaries quickly, the battle was taking longer than Zeshaun had wanted and was worrying that Pratt had already made his way off of the planet and had slipped through Paladin's grasp once again. Zeshaun stood breathing heavily, the days fighting had finally caught up with him, his heart was beating quickly and his legs were beginning to get sore.

"Ma'am, if we may suggest something." The leader of the three newly arrived soldiers said, stepping forward.

Lucky nodded.

"We can try to hold off these mercenaries for as long as we can and you can try to just slip through the door."

Lucky waited a moment before answering. "We thank you for your bravery but we can't risk your lives like that."

Alan put a hand on her shoulder, "Maybe it's for the best, we really need to catch Pratt, he's caused the VE so much trouble..."

Lucky sighed and shook her heads, "I guess if it's what they really want to do then it's alright."

Zeshaun couldn't help but smile, he was grateful to the soldiers who would put their lives in danger to help the Paladin's succeed in their mission. The three soldiers left to make their own battle plans as the Paladin's grouped together to make their own plan. After a short discussion they decided that everyone but Lucky and Alan would try to break through any lock that may be on the door while the rest of the squad would provide any cover fire for the three soldiers that were going to be the main distraction.

"Are you ready?" Lucky asked.

The three soldiers nodded, and the squad lined up behind them ready to move to the door as quickly as they could.
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1532
April 30, 2009 7:25:24 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The three soldiers and the squad started advancing slowly on the mercenaries.  The green sludge that was left behind by Pratt was pressed up against a set of double doors.  Lucky and Alan moved over to the doors and realised that they had been locked tightly, almost to the point that whoever was in was never coming out.

Alan grabbed one of his blasters.  He didn't feel like trying to take apart the lock manually so he opted for the easier approach.  This should be nice and straightforward he thought to himself.

"Are you sure that's a wise idea?" queried Lucky.

"Trust me, it'll be fine" replied Alan.

He aimed the blaster at the first lock and fired.  The blaster bolt immediately bounced off the lock and headed straight for the squad.  Thankfully the bolt sailed harmlessly between Zeshaun and Njall.

"What are you trying to do, kill us" stated Njall.

"Sorry" called out Alan.

"I tried to tell you" informed Lucky.

"My bad" replied Alan, "guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way".

Lucky pulled off her helmet and Alan was about to object, wondering why she was jeopardising her safety.  He suddenly realised what she was doing as she slid her hands through her tied up hair and retrieved two hair clips.  She quickly put her helmet back on and handed one of the clips to Alan.

"Here, this might help" she said.

"Thanks" replied Alan.

The mercenaries were putting up a strong fight as the three soldiers and Paladin fought them, giving Lucky and Alan time to crack the locks on the door.  Finally thought Alan as one of the locks opened.  As if by magic, once the first lock was open the others started opening up easily until at last Lucky opened up the last lock.

Both Lucky and Alan pressed against the double doors.  They were heavy, but together the doors started opening up slowly.  They creaked as they started swinging inwards.  I hope Pratt doesn't have any welcoming party for us thought Alan as he realised the noise the doors were making would attract the attention of anyone on the other side of the door.

The doors finally opened fully and Lucky and Alan saw the full hideous form of Pratt.  Alan was thankful to see that the Hutt hadn't fled the planet.  Then he noticed them.  He knew Pratt would have some form of protections, but this, this was something different.

"Paladin's, on us" called out Lucky, knowing that she needed all the help she could muster.

The squad burst through the open doors leaving the three soldiers to deal with the remaining mercenaries in the hallway.  Alan was happy to see that the squad was intact and he hoped the three soldiers could finish off the mercenaries without their help.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me" said Njall.

Alan couldn't have summed it up better himself.  This would be the toughest challenge yet for the Paladin's and he hoped that they survived it.

"Paladin's, attack!" barked Lucky.

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  587
May 4, 2009 8:23:39 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun dropped his rifle but quickly picked it back up again as he stared at Pratt, who sat peacefully in a bubble shield within the cockpit of a very large vehicle. I know that frame anywhere Zeshaun thought as he quickly looked at the vehicle, it seemed that Pratt had made some sort of tank out of the AT-AT by detaching the legs and applying tracked wheels instead. Zeshaun was amazed that Pratt was able to fit the machine in there but as he looked around he noticed that this room in particular was extremely large, at least twice the size of the building that they were in before. Pratt must have planned this from a while back Zeshaun thought as he realized that Pratt had created the room way before, anticipating his attack on Tadath.

"How do we take something like that down.?" Greywolf asked, fear in his voice.

Up close the AT-AT was extremely terrifying, Zeshaun was always happy that they were on his side, now it was not the case. Zeshaun knew the schematics of the vehicle inside and out, but he couldn't even begin to imagine the modifications the hutt ha made to make it more suitable for him. As  Zeshaun thought of way to penetrate the vehicle from the outside, Pratt ordered the firing of the forward cannons. The large cannons on the head of the machine, meant to be used to destroy bases and other tanks, started to fire away at the Paladin's position.

"Scramble!" Lucky and Alan both yelled.

The squad jumped and ran out of the way of the thick blasts of fire pouring from the cannons, they left large holes in the wall behind them,, sending chunks of rocks and floor flying through the air, one large chunk narrowly missed Njall head by a few centimeters. Zeshaun started firing at the tough exterior armor of the AT-AT.

"Looks like our vehicle expert has an idea." Njall yelled.

Zeshaun rolled his eyes, anyone could tell that he was just trying to stay alive. Zeshaun almost noticed too late that the cannons were now pointed in his direction, another wave of beams crashed around him, spraying the dirt up in his face. Zeshaun ran across the room and ended up next to Alan, face down and covered in dirt. Alan helped him off the ground and Zeshaun wiped the dirt off his front. I'm starting to think we should just give up on this hutt He quietly observed the machine from the shadows of the room. There was a sudden silence, a break in the loud noise of the cannons, and the dirt stopped falling from the sky. Zeshaun watched as Pratt started speaking to his droid again.

"What's he doing now." Alan thought out loud.

The sides of the contraption suddenly opened up those doors aren't part of the normal AT-AT Zeshaun thought in surprise, he didn't know that such extreme modifications could be made to an imperial vehicle. His surprise was overcome by shock and then fear as row after row of droids started to march out of the insides of the vehicle.

"Is everyone seeing that or am I dreaming it?" TK_421 asked through the comm.

"I think that's the real deal." Njall said, with only a hint of his usual sarcasm.

Zeshaun didn't wait for the droids to turn and face his direction, he started firing into the ranks of the droids as they were all getting activated. Alan followed his lead, and the droids started to fall quickly, with their programming off they were easy to defeat. Although the Paladin's worked hard to defeat the droids before their activation, there were just too many to begin with. When they activated and turned to point their guns at the Paladin's Zeshaun felt a chill go down his spine. No squad should ever have go through this much trouble to catch one hutt Zeshaun thought as he ducked down behind a larger chunk of the wall that was blown away earlier by the large AT-AT/tank. The droids were lined up shoulder to shoulder, sending wave after wave of non stop blaster fire in their direction. The previously silent room was then filled with the firing of hundreds of blasters and the large cannons on the AT-AT started to fire again as well.

"It was nice working with you all." TK_421 said, as Zeshaun watched him skillfully dodge through a volley of blaster fire to take cover behind a rock.

"Don't write us off quite yet." Lucky said with renewed confidence.

"What do you know that we don't?" Alan asked.

"We have this." Lucky revealed a commlink from her bag.

"That's your master plan?" Njall asked "We're doomed."

"I'm actually going to call for some reinforcements." Lucky said.

Zeshaun attempted to return fire at the droids but couldn't really get in any good shots since the droids seemed to have a nice pattern going so that there would be no breaks within their shots. Zeshaun sat helplessly waiting for the barrage to end. If I survive this we all better get a couple months of leave Zeshaun thought as he flinched at the sound of the cannon exploding.
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA][SC]{RES}Imperial Network Star Wars Image
AlanRJ
ComNet Expert

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1549
May 7, 2009 7:53:55 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan couldn't believe his eyes when the squad came face to face with Pratt's vehicle.  He had never even conceived of such a contraption but there it was.  Then the squad started being besieged by battle droids and Alan began to wonder whether Pratt was going to be too much for them to handle.

"I'm actually going to call for some reinforcements." Lucky said.

Elsewhere.

"Commander Marsk, Commander Marsk!"

Field Commander Marsk was strolling through his base, looking at the devastation the battle had inflicted on it.  The troops that had survived had fought back the mercenaries and now the base was his once more.  He glanced over at the rushing officer approaching him.

"Yes?" queried Marsk.

"Sir, we have just received an urgent message.  It's the Paladin's, they need help now" said the officer.

"Send three gunships to assist.  No, wait, ready my own gunship and two others, I will personally assist.  I think I owe them one" replied Marsk.

The junior officer nodded and rushed off to get the gunships and personnel prepped and ready for departure.  Marsk took one last look around and marched briskly towards the hangar bay.

"Help is on its way!" shouted Lucky over the loudness of the battle.

Alan nodded and was thankful to hear that.  Their position was tenable at best, the droids would soon overrun their position and no matter how good their shooting was and how accurate their shots were, they were just outnumbered severely.

"You hear that?" asked TK.

"I don't hear anything" replied Zeshaun.

"No, wait, listen" called out Greywolf.

The squad listened intently and then smiled.  The noise was louder now and instantly recognisable.  Alan glanced around to see if he could see them and then suddenly he spotted them, three small dots getting closer.  He knew that help had arrived.

"Everyone, take cover" ordered Lucky.

The squad quickly ducked down into covering positions as the gunships roared overhead.  Suddenly the ground shook violently as heavy blaster fire bombarded the area where the battle droids marched.

"Bring us around for another pass" barked Marsk from inside his gunship, "then unleash hell".

Marsk watched on in satisfaction as the droids ranks were decimated as repeated blaster fire brought them crashing down.  The droids never stood a chance under the onslaught.

Marsk opened up a channel to Lucky and said "you want us to finish off Pratt or would you like the honour".

Lucky stood up and glanced around at the devastation.  The droids were in ruin and now there was only Pratt and his vehicle remaining, although one of the tracks had been badly shot up and Lucky knew he wasn't going anywhere.

"We'll take it from here" replied Lucky, "we have a score to settle".

"Understood" replied Marsk, "I figured you'd want the kill.  Godspeed, Paladin's".

"Thanks again" replied Lucky as she watched the gunships start to disappear in the distance.

Lucky waved her hands towards the vehicle and although it was now grounded, the squad advanced cautiously, weapons raised.  Even from here Alan could hear the warbled chuckle of Pratt and he wondered how the Hutt could be in such a jovial mood.  Didn't he realise that his end was nigh.

Entering the vehicle TK and Zeshaun took a quick look through the craft to make sure that no-one else was inside.

"Clear" called out both TK and Zeshaun.

So Pratt is all by himself thought Alan as he raised his weapons at Pratt.  Pratt merely chuckled.

"Pratt, for your attack on the Vast Empire and the attack of Tadath itself then you must die" said Lucky.

Lucky nodded and the squad opened fire on Pratt.  Pratt merely chuckled as the blaster bolts bounced off the shield system around his floating platform.

"TK, see if you can shut down his shield" called out Lucky.

"Roger that" replied TK and he moved to the platform and started working.

"You have no idea what you have started here today" called out Pratt, "you really think I could mastermind all this.  You have made an enemy today and you are marked men, your days are numbered Paladin's".

Lucky glanced at Pratt, her eyebrows raised as she queried "if you didn't mastermind all this, then who did?"

Pratt merely just chuckled and pressed a button on his platform.  Instantly the doors shut and a beeping noise was suddenly evident.

"What the hell" said Alan.

Greywolf rushed over to the doors and called back "it's no good, but they're locked shut".

"Well, forgive me for being paranoid, but that sounds like a bomb" called out Njall.

"How you doing?" asked Lucky to TK.

TK wished he could give her good news but he replied "it's going to take some time to take down this shield".

"Something tells me time is not on our side" said Zeshaun.

Alan couldn't believe that Pratt was killing himself and that he was going to take out the squad alongside him.  It looked like there was no way out for them and he cursed Pratt silently and also wondered who it was that Pratt had referred to.

"Wait, the ejection system!" exclaimed Zeshaun.

Zeshaun didn't wait for the squad to follow him on his train of thought.  Instead he rushed forward to the cockpit.  Alan followed him, curious to know what he was thinking about.  Zeshaun clambered into the cockpit, secured himself and pressed a button.  Alan watched as the canopy flew off and Zeshaun's chair was launched upwards.  Safe landing thought Alan as he watched Zeshaun's chair opening a parachute.

"Everyone out, now!" yelled Lucky as she saw the canopy was now gone and the Paladin's had a way out.

The squad wasted no time in diving out of the open canopy.  Once they hit the ground they ran as fast as they could away from the craft.

"NO!" screamed Pratt as he watched the Paladin's escape.

Alan and Lucky were the last one's to exit the craft and as they were running the craft exploded sending them forwards.  Getting up, they glanced over and saw the charred remains of what was left of the craft.

"At least Pratt is dead" said TK jubilantly.

"Yeah" replied Lucky.

Alan was glad to see the end of Pratt but he was certain that Lucky was thinking the same thing as he was and he wondered whether she was just as perturbed as he with who Pratt had referred to.

A noise startled them as they glanced over and saw that Zeshaun's chair had landed.  It took several minutes for Zeshaun to free himself from the chair and the parachute but he soon bounded over happily to the squad.

"Good thinking" commented Alan.

"Thanks" replied Zeshaun, "just glad it worked".

A shuttlecraft approached and Alan hoped that it wasn't more mercenaries.  He clutched his weapon and waited as the craft landed and its doors opened.  He breathed a sigh of relief when an Imperial officer exited the craft.

The officer saluted the Paladin's and said "the rest of the mercenaries are in full retreat and the lockdown has been cancelled.  I think Command is looking forward to hearing your report.  Field Commander Marsk sent this shuttle to take you back to the main building for debriefing".

"Thanks" replied Lucky, "and thank Commander Marsk when you next see him".

"Yes Ma'am" replied the officer.

The squad started to walk towards the craft, thankful that another mission had finally come to a close.

"Can I" started Zeshaun.

"No!" came a chorus of voices.

Alan smiled as he realised that everyone had said it.  The squad laughed as they boarded the craft, even Zeshaun was laughing at it.

"Let's go home" said Lucky as the shuttle lifted off.

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Quiet Times (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:31:06 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 104  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >