Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Quiet Times (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Quiet Times (Paladin)
Katarn
ComNet Novice

Katarn

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  83
  RE: Quiet Times (Paladin)
April 3, 2009 6:30:25 PM    View the profile of Katarn 
"TK_421, Finch, Katarn, take out the tank!" Zeshaun ordered into the comm.

"Easier said than done." TK_421 mumbled.

"The rest of you, provide covering fire."

Satisfied with the task at hand, and the fact Zeshaun is taking charge for now, Katarn threw Finch a thermal detonator and Finch stuck a sticky substance on it. TK ran up to the tank, rolled to the left and put 2 shots in the Rebel behind it. Katarn ran up to the tank, jumped on it, looked at Finch and Finch threw the grenade to him. Katarn lifted his arm to stick the Detonator on the tank, and noticed a Rebel aiming on him. Before the Rebel could shoot Katarn thrust his hand down on the tank, and stuck the grenade to the hull. Just then a shot fired from behind Katarn, and he flinched. When he opened his eyes, he saw Greywolf nexxt to the Rebel still holding the blaster where the Reb's head should be, before he fell.

Smirking in graditude Katarn yelled "FIRE IN THE HOLE!", jumped off the tank, and ran to the nearest cover.

The tank exploded in a large BOOM and started raining shrapnel. When the explosion calmed, Katarn stuck his head out. To his relief he saw all his squadmates intact. With a sigh, he ran up to Zes with the others. Alittle shellshocked from the explosion, Katarn made sure noone was injured, then walked over to the tanks remains to look for any survivors. There where none.

"Alright guys lets head into town, and look for a way to get out of here." said Zesh over the comm.

"Roger" approved the squad at once.

As they head into town, they noticed the civilians getting alittle to nosey and kept running up to us about our buissness. So Zeshaun decided for us to stick to the shadows for a bit until things died down. He also refused to split us up since of the large Rebel control, and the loss of our SL , and ASL. We didn't want anymore losses anyway.

"Okay, lets move." whispered Zesh as the small Rebel patrol passed us by.

"Don't slow down, or we might get......." as Zesh was talking we rounded the corner, and smacked right into a squad of Rebels loading up a transport shuttle.

"Hands up Bucketheads!" shouted a young Rebel recruit.

Katarn cracked a smile, and if like there heads where connected, the squad started chuckling.

"Fire at will!" shouted Zesh, interrupting our quarrel.

As the squad ducked and dogded to get behind cover, they sprayed fire toward the small Rebel squad. In no less then 25 minutes, the fight was over, and we came out untouched. We checked the bodies to see if anyone was lucky enough to survive, then we regrouped at the ramp to the shuttle. Looking around, we all knew how coincidental this was, and we all got a morale boost. Unfortuanetly noone was in condition to drive, except for Zesh. As he boarded with a grin, the rest of the squad entered groaning.
TRP/PVT/ Katarn/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Rosa sat so MLK could walk. MLK walked so Obama could run. Obama ran so kids can fly. I grew my wings. I'll meet you in the sky"- Jay Z

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light....
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1466
Total Posts:  1795
April 4, 2009 2:16:13 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy to see Lucky before him.  She staggered slightly and Alan helped her steady herself.  She looked around disorientated and Alan knew just how she felt as he had felt it too when he first awoke.

“Where, where am I?” queried Lucky in a very uncertain voice.

“Take it easy” replied Alan, “the disorientation will pass”.

Alan helped Lucky to a seat and sat with her so that she could get her bearings.  He knew how disorientating this was but he knew she would come around in time.  Getting her a glass of water he handed it to her and she started to come around.

“How do you feel?” asked Alan.

“Well I’ve got a splitting headache but I’m ok” replied Lucky, “where are we?”

“Look around” replied Alan, “doesn’t it look familiar?”

Lucky glanced around the room and her eyes started opening as she took in the surroundings.

“But this is” said Lucky.

Alan didn’t let her finish as he knew what she was going to say, “yeah, I know”.

“Is this a replica?” asked Lucky, “how can we be here, we were on Moorja a few moments ago”.

“I thought that at first but look over there” said Alan, pointing.

Lucky looked over in the direction that Alan pointed and she gasped.  She could hardly believe what she saw.

“What is going on?” she asked.

“You’d better see this” said Alan as he pressed a button on a nearby console.

A holographic image of a man appeared.  Lucky recognised him immediately and listened to the message that he had to say.  She couldn’t believe her ears as she listened to the message.

“You have got to be kidding me, it can’t be, it just can’t be” said Lucky.

“I’m afraid it is true” replied Alan, “I couldn’t believe it at first”.

“But that would mean” said Lucky.

“I know” replied Alan cutting her off again.

“I can’t get over this” said Lucky.

“Neither could I” replied Alan, “but we’ve got work to do”.

“Agreed” replied Lucky, “let’s get to it”.

Lucky and Alan set to work.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC] {RES} {MRT}

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  105
Total Posts:  242
April 4, 2009 4:52:26 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK boarded the shuttle, hoping for the day to end. Luckily we will be safe in here thought TK, he looked who was piloting, Zeshaun.

“Or not” mumbled TK

“Pardon?” queried Katarn

“Ah nothing, just praying” replied TK

Katarn laughed but swiveled around and looked out a small porthole in the shuttle’s steel surface.

TK sat undisturbed for twenty-five minutes. He looked down the slender shuttle into the cockpit, in which Zeshaun was seated. A holographic image appeared; TK looked nervously at it, and noticed a familiar, kind face. The face of the beautiful lady flickered out straight away. Damn storms thought TK.

“Was that who I think it was?” asked Katarn

“Think so” said the deep Trandoshan voice of Zeshaun

“Wondered what she wanted” said a feminine voice of finch sitting next to the bulky Zeshaun

“Who knows finch” said Katarn

"Oh my, i just realised, that was Mon Mothma" said TK

After twenty prolonged minuetes. TK sat trembling in his seat from the cold. He looked down at the cockpit again as the Hologram re-appeared. Before anybody got any ideas on how old Mon Mothma was, a bulky figure of the Vong appeared.

“Greetings, Imperial squad, Paladin” said the unyielding voice

TK let out a sigh before saying “What do you want”

“Ah, nothing. Only checking up on my favorite little pats, though most annoying pets, but definitely favorite. Oh sorry I usually mumble, but must go now, bye” said the Vong laughing like a kid. 

TK grinned “Might be tough, but acts like a kid”

The squad laughed. However, it didn’t last. The slender body of the shuttle suddenly ripped apart.

TK cried as the shuttle hit the ground with his foot trapped under the debris.

“Help” he cried as he looked around to notice the rest of the squad unconscious.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

TRP/PVT TK_421/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Paladin Squad:
http://paladin.stormtroopercorps.com/

[This message has been edited by TK_421 (edited April 4, 2009 5:11:37 AM)]
Katarn
ComNet Novice

Katarn

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  48
Total Posts:  83
April 4, 2009 11:18:09 AM    View the profile of Katarn 
Looking out the window Katarn was content. Then a holographic image appeared. At first it startled Katarn, the fact that a Rebel leader contacted our squad for no apparent reason was puzzling. But it wasn't only just a leader, it was practically the leader of the Alliance, Mon Mothma!

“Was that who I think it was?” asked Katarn.

“Think so” said Zeshaun.

“Wondered what she wanted” said Finch sitting next to Zeshaun.

“Who knows Finch” said Katarn.

"Oh my, I just realised, that was Mon Mothma" said TK.

It dissapeared, and TK mumbled something about the storm, then it suddenly reappeared. But then second it came, it also went, but was replaced by a gigantic, and strange alien.

“Greetings, Imperial squad, Paladin” said the unyielding voice.

Katarn heard someone sigh then in the same direction, TK said "What do you want?"

The alien retorted and called them his pets, mumbled something then bid us a strange farewell. When it was gone, Katarn leaned over to Finch and asked what is was.

"I don't know that much, but they call it Vong." she stated.

"Hmm, thanks." replied Katarn then he went back to stare out the port side. About a minute later TK called the Vong a kid, and we all started laughing. Just then the ship was ripped apart by some unknown force. Everyone was thrown around and I noticed Zesh hit his head hard, and was thrown into uncounciousness. Katarn also hit his head, as his vision started to fade he heard one of his fellow squadmates cry for help. When the shuttle crashed to the ground, it woke Katarn. He got up and shook his head clear of the buzzes. He then looked around to see the rest of his squadmates awake, but there was someone missing. Katarn heard him name, and when he turned around he saw TK all banged up. He ran over to TK and noticed his foot lodged underneath the debris.

Crying out in pain TK shouted "Get my foot out of there!"

Nodding, Katarn grabbed his leg, and yanked.
TRP/PVT/ Katarn/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Rosa sat so MLK could walk. MLK walked so Obama could run. Obama ran so kids can fly. I grew my wings. I'll meet you in the sky"- Jay Z

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  110
April 4, 2009 12:21:42 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK yelped as Katarn lifted his arms and yanked him out of the wreckage.

“Sorry” said Katarn apologetically

“Its not you” said TK

“Who do you think it was?” replied Katarn

“Him” retorted TK as he lifted a finger at a passing fighter

TK heard a clear snarl come from Katarn he lifted a hand onto his sholder

“Calm down, we will get them back” said TK

“What’s that guys name anyway” queried Katarn

“Not sure, let’s just call him Vong as it is the nickname for his race” said TK full of thought

TK stood stooped over a ladies body

“Finch, wake up” said TK shaking the body gently

“What happened” replied the voice in pain

“Shot down” grunted TK

TK help Finch up and he signaled Katarn to help get the others on their feet again. TK limped with his broken foot over to Greywolf who seemed to be a sleep for then unconscious.

“Wake up lazy bones” joked TK

The sudden noise made Greywolf jolt to his feet in a jiffy

“Who goes there” bellowed Greywolf

“Me!” screamed Katarn

Katarn and TK laughed

“Very funny guys, what happened” said Greywolf embarrassed

TK showed a motion of a fighter taking down another ship and sighed

“Ah, okay” said Greywolf who was helping Katarn wake Zeshaun up.

“Wake up you dumb lizard” shouted Katarn

TK noticed as one large eye opened and said “Say again”

“Nothing sir” said Katarn jumping to attention

“I love me” laughed Zeshaun who collected him self and walked over to Finch and TK

“We got shot down?” asked Zeshaun

“You see it?” replied TK with a question

“No, I heard you guys talking about it before” said Zeshaun

Finch and TK exchanged looks

“There is a small starport a mile north of here, well I think there is, when we came down there was anyway” jittered Zeshaun

“Lets go then” said Finch

TK followed Finch on down a muddy road.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1467
April 4, 2009 1:09:26 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan and Lucky looked in front of them and saw a row of people with wires strapped to their foreheads.  Alan still couldn’t get over the fact that here lay the Paladin squad.  Alan and Lucky set to work unplugging the squad from the machines. 

The squad groaned and rubbed their foreheads as they staggered around, dizzy and disorientated.  Lucky and Alan helped each of them to chairs and sat them down.  They waited until the squad had a chance to come around fully.

“Oh man, my head hurts” commented Zeshaun.

“Of course it hurts” replied TK, “you crashed the shuttle”.

“It wasn’t my fault” objected Zeshaun.

“He always says that” said Njall sarcastically.

“Wait a second, but where are we?” queried Finch.

The squad suddenly stopped their banter and looked around the room suddenly realising that they were no longer onboard a crashed shuttle.

“Call me crazy but it looks like Paladin’s briefing room on Tadath” said Katarn.

“Don’t be silly, how could we be back on Tadath, we are on Moorja” objected Greywolf.

“I’m afraid to say that Katarn is correct” said Alan, “we are on Tadath”.

“But how did we get here/” queried TK

“You all need to see this” stated Lucky with a grave look on her face, “and be prepared, this will shock some of you”.

Pressing a button a holographic image came up.  The squad instantly recognised it as Cosmic, Prefect of the Vast Empire.

“To all troops on Tadath, our defences have been deactivated and we are in lockdown mode.  A hostile force led by a Hutt name of Pratt has taken control.  Somehow they have gained our access codes and have shut us down.  If anyone is able to mobilise against this threat then do so.  This is a dark day for the Vast Empire”.

“Did he just say Pratt” commented Zeshaun.

“He’s dead” added TK.

“It seems that our mission to Nubia was not a success.  I’m guessing that at some point we were captured and linked into some form of artificial reality” said Alan.

“Hang on, let me get this straight.  You’re telling us that our mission to Moorja was just a simulation” commented Finch.

“Looks like it” said Lucky.

“Somehow my equipment malfunctioned and I was removed from the virtual environment, otherwise we would all still be in there now” added Alan.

“But how the heck did Pratt get access to our security codes?” queried Zeshaun.

“I think that must be my fault” said Lucky

“You’re fault?” queried Katarn.

“Yeah, when we thought the mission was over I entered in my security codes to send a message to Tadath.  Looks like in the virtual world, Pratt could monitor everything that was going on” said Lucky.

“So, what do we do?” queried TK/

“It looks like every squad has been put into lock down.  I’m guessing that Pratt thinks we are out of the picture because we are in his virtual world.  So the plan is simple, we take the fight to Pratt and put an end to him for real this time” said Alan.

“I like that plan” said Zeshaun.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1] [CCA] [SC] [GC] {RES} {MRT}

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  111
April 4, 2009 1:30:31 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK grinned as he heard that they were going to bring down the sludge called Pratt, again. His grin stopped as he remembered that he shot him in the head.

“But I killed that overweight blob of greasy…” said TK

“Hush” said Lucky pausing TK in the sentence

TK looked around the squad’s faces. They looked frightened. Suddenly, the lights around the complex went haywire and malfunctioned leaving the whole complex in total blackout. TK heard Katarn scream like a baby. A baby doesn’t scream that loud, or high pitched thought TK

“Let’s go kill the fat sithspit” said Alan leading the squad into the corridor.

“Wait here one second guys” said TK running of down the corridor.

TK slid through a door into a room which he owned. He spotted his very own droid sitting in the corner. However, several bodies of mercenaries lay dead on the floor.

“Ah master, we must counter these mercs” said the droid

“One step ahead of your” said TK

TK ran out with clanking behind him

“Your droid?” asked Zeshaun

“Better then nothing” said TK

“Sure is” said Lucky

“Oh and guys my droid has something to say” said TK stepping out the way of his droid

“Indeed. Very well, I have encountered several mercenary punks in my master’s room. I suggest each one of you check your rooms incase it is an attempt to kill your squad” said the droid

“Katarn, Greywolf, Finch. Stay back, they don’t know you are in the squad, lets keep it that way” said Lucky.

TK and the remenets of the squad watched as the others ran to their rooms to check it out.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1468
April 5, 2009 7:56:36 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan and Lucky slipped out of the briefing room and started to make their way down the corridors of Tadath and to their luxury condo.  Alan hoped that his droids were ok and wondered whether or not they had intruders.

“Someone’s coming” whispered Lucky.

Alan nodded and they moved into a darkened doorway.  Alan’s blasters were in his hands but he preferred not to draw any attention.  I wonder what kind of force Pratt has on Tadath pondered Alan as he watched two mercenaries walk past, their blaster rifles lowered.

“I guess they’re not expecting any kind of trouble” said Alan after the mercenaries had gone past.

“Indeed, but that will soon change once we start causing trouble” commented Lucky, “come on”.

They carried on down the corridors and finally came across their luxury condo.  Lucky’s rifle was in her hand as she nodded to Alan.  The door slid open and immediately Lucky and Alan burst through the room, weapons raised.

Immediately blaster bolts flew towards them and Alan realised that it was his own super battle droids that were causing the shots.

“Stand down!” yelled Alan.

The droids immediately stopped their firing and lowered their arms.  Alan stood up and glowered at them and then took in the sight before him.  Several dead mercenaries littered the floor.  Blaster bolt holes in the walls were still alight.

“What a mess” said Lucky as she looked around.

“Sir is that really you?” queried a metallic voice.

Alan smiled as he recognised the voice immediately as being his Betty droid.  Several beeps sounded shortly after the query and Alan was glad to see that both Betty and his R2 unit were undamaged.

“Hi Betty, how are you doing?” queried Alan.

“Oh I am just glad to see you intact Sir, when we heard about those evil vile men taking over Tadath we feared you might have been harmed” said Betty.

“I’m ok too” commented Lucky.

“Yes, we’re both fine” added Alan.

“Whatever should we do?” queried Betty, “what if those men come back”.

“Lock the door and hope they don’t have blasters” suggested Lucky.

Alan smiled and added “the battle droids here seem to have done a good job so far, stay here and let them protect you”.

“Very good” stated Betty, “take care of yourself”.

“We will” said Lucky, who then added “you could tidy up around here”.

Alan smiled as he nodded to Lucky that it was time to leave.  He could hear the grumblings of his droid as he locked the door behind him and headed back to the briefing room.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  120
April 5, 2009 8:51:42 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
The remnants of the squad standing around started shivering. The sudden rawness within the temperature made the halls seem desolate and a feeling of death.

“Hmm, you should get back to your rooms, get some stuff to defend with, and check if everything is fine” said TK

The other three members nodded in agreement but were stopped suddenly

“Finch, go alone. Grey, you take my droid, and Katarn, I’ll go with you” said TK

He followed Katarn threw the haunted-like halls until they came to a sudden stop. Three lights went into Katarn’s room with more heading towards Katarn and TK. He watched as Katarn rolled out and shot the three men.

“Nice work” said TK

He watched as Katarn let out a large grimace

“But not as good as me” bragged TK

The two stormtroopers walked up into his room, and looked around.

“Nobody here” said Katarn confused

TK and Katarn span around noticing two bulky men tackle them. TK’s face was stinging and the world was even darker.

A little while later, TK woke up, tied to a post within a small room.

“I will kill Pratt” bellowed TK attracting the attention of the two stocky men

He watched as they came over.

“OOH big man is awake” tormented one of the men

TK tried to strike the man down but was tied up so tightly he couldn’t move.

One of the men spat in TK’s face and sat back down.

TK reached for his emergency Comm, he couldn’t reach it. So supplementing it, he pulled out his Datapad and punched in a message to the squad.

TO: Paladin
SUBJECT: Capture
Squad, assistance is required; I and Katarn are being held captive by several well armed mercenaries, down in the Armory. Please assist us!

TK placed the datapad back into his trousers and awaited their rescue.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1470
April 5, 2009 12:05:43 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan and Lucky moved back through the corridors and soon returned back to the briefing room.  They were glad to see that everyone was still there, although they looked like they were fully kitted with weapons and armour. 

I guess they must have went and got their gear together thought Alan as he was glad to see the fully loaded squad.  Something was wrong thought Alan, looking around the ranks Alan suddenly noticed that two troopers were missing.

“Where’s TK and Katarn?” queried Alan.

“They went to Katarn’s room but haven’t returned” replied Finch

“Great, I hope they haven’t got into any trouble” said Alan.

“Why not get onto the com and find out where they are?” queried Zeshaun.

“Too risky” replied Lucky, “Pratt and his goons may be monitoring”.

“Well I guess we go to Katarn’s room and look for them there” said Alan.

Suddenly his pad buzzed.  Alan took out his pad and glanced down at it.  There was a message from TK, he read it quickly.  He sighed as he read that TK and Katarn had been captured.

“Looks like we need to rescue TK and Katarn from the armoury” said Alan.

“Let’s move out to the armoury” said Lucky. “but lets keep our wits about us, if Pratt’s goons have intercepted that message then we will be walking into a trap”.

“Well only thing to do is spring the trap” commented Zeshaun.

“Sounds like fun” said Alan as he grabbed his blasters from his holsters, “let’s move it people”.

Exiting the briefing room, the squad started to make their way slowly through the corridors towards the armoury.  They were expecting trouble at any minute and Alan’s senses were on high alert.

I’m sure Pratt will have a welcoming party for us in the armoury thought Alan as they approached the armoury.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  125
April 5, 2009 5:08:00 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
Twenty minutes had past since the beating TK had taken from the goons. But after fifteen reinforcements had arrived, maybe they intercepted the message he sent out. TK looked at Katarn who was asleep. TK heard a goon approach him.

“Hey hotshot, think you can go around sending messages to people, asking them to rescue you?” asked the mercenary

“What are you talking about?” speculated TK

The goon never replied but instead rummaged through TK’s pockets pulling out his personal datapad. Within a flash he had sent messages up, and was reading what he sent to his squad

“Boss will like this” grunted the good, handing TK a swift backhand

TK heard the mercenary converse with someone or something through a com. And within moments he returned

“Ah, boss said we gotta keep you alive” grumbled the mercenary “but doesn’t mean I have to like it”

“Find with me” retorted TK

“Don’t take that tone with me punk” snarled the mercenary

TK spat in the mercenary’s face, but was returned a punch

“Okay, where is the rest of your petty squad, boss wants them dead for the pain and trouble, and money loss they gave him” said the mercenary politely

“But it won’t do no harm learning a thing or to about the Vast Empire, or the whole history this planet holds” he continued

“Could I reply with a question” asked TK patiently

“Fine” grunted the mercenary

“Well why ask me? You have control of the whole database, simply press a button and learn” alleged TK The system is in lockdown, access that and boom your dead thought TK

The mercenary that was twice the size of TK walked into the set trap, pressing the locked down terminal, leaving the remains of a scorched body.

“My bad” said TK apologetically
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  15
April 6, 2009 10:26:09 PM    View the profile of Greywolf 
Greywolf left the droid and slowly made his way back to his apartment. In the hall, was a mercenary standing outside a door. there were other voices from in side but that mattered not. The man did not hear Greywolf as he aproached from the rear. when he was withing grabbing distance Grey reached out, grabed the merc's head and gave a hard twist to the right.

the merc dropped to the floor dead. Greywolf bent to search the body for a knife when he heard the other mercs head back for the door. He found one just as the first merc stepped out. Greywolf plunged the knife deep in the mercs head. As he dropped Greywolf shot the third.

He dragged all the bodies into the apartment and closed the door. As he made it to his apartment he found the door wide open. He readied his rifle and stepped into the room. Nothing. He walked into the bedroom and still nothing. the roids were still deactivated, his clothes were strewn around the room though. he walked back into the other room and liffted the rug in the center. his safe box was untouched aswell as its contents.

Greywolf reactivated the assassin droid and told it to shot any unfriendly targets.

"Understood master"

Greywolf headed back to the briefing room and made it there just before Lucky and Alan. He noticed that two of their squad members were missing, TK and Katarn.

Where are TK and Katarn?" asked Greywolf to finch.

"They went to Katarn's room and haven't come back yet."
TRP/PVT Greywolf/.SQD/.PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1475
April 8, 2009 2:55:09 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad arrived at the armoury and found the double swing doors were closed.  I guess we find out just what kind of welcoming committee there is thought Alan.  Lucky moved over to the left hand door and Alan took the right.  She held up her hand and showed three fingers.  Alan glanced at the squad to make sure they were ready.  He nodded back to Lucky who dropped her fingers to two, then to one then her hand moved forwards and the doors were flung open.

Lucky and Alan burst into the armoury and were immediately surprised by just how many mercenaries there were.  I guess Pratt did intercept that message thought Alan which he wasn't overly happy about as he knew that their com system would work more for Pratt than for them.

"I'll get TK and Katarn, cover me" called out Finch.

Alan nodded as his blasters opened fire on the mercenaries.  Whilst they were in wait for the squad they had not expected such a ferocious squad to come bursting through the doors.  Their initial line of mercenaries fell instantly and now the rest were searching for cover so they could put up a better offensive against Paladin.

Finch ran over to where TK and Katarn were being held.  Alan kept a tight watch on her and seeing if there were any mercenaries that thought about taking her out.  One or two tried but Alan quickly sent a blaster bolt through their heads ending that thought immediately.

"What took you so long?" asked TK.

"You want me to leave you here" replied Finch.

"He's joking, just get us out of here" added Katarn as blaster bolts flew over their heads.

Finch soon had TK and Katarn released and hurried back to the rest of the squad.  Alan was happy to see TK and Katarn back safely although it looked like TK had been roughed up.

"You ok?" asked Alan.

"Never better" replied TK.

"I'm good, thanks Sir, just glad to be free" stated Katarn.

"Glad to hear it, now let's finish off these mercenaries" said Alan.

"Affirmative" called out TK and Katarn as the Paladin squad doubled their efforts in finishing off the mercenaries in the armoury.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Chas
ComNet n00b

Chas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  11
April 9, 2009 12:15:15 AM    View the profile of Chas 
Chas was looking down over the armoury he hid himself well on one of the supportbeams of the building, he was looking over his LJ-90 Sniper Blaster Rifle, waiting for the right moment. When he was reporting in for duty and checking in at the armoury he had quiet the surprise waiting for him. 

There were strangers in the base, and he only just escaped from their grasp, being unarmoured as he was at the time, the situation could've gone bad in just a few seconds.

In the moments waiting he found the time and some gear to get him occupied. But now he got stuck in the armoury. There was a huge ammount of mercenaries piling up.....

Time ticked by.. untill the doors were kicked open. And support was at hand. Chas quickly took aim and starting taking people out. :" How the hell am i going to talk myself out of this one" i thought to myself."

It seemed that the squad of troopers were giving preasure on them. They were needing to find shelter, rather stacked up he added. a evil smirk crossed his face, and he undid a few grenades tapping em for the good time sequence. he threw em in one by one. Shedding through the numbers. Screams of agony and torment. The drug of battle was getting to much. Chas uncovered his blaster rifle, and let himself slip down to ground level.
TRN/PVT Chas .SQD/.PL./1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1479
April 10, 2009 8:08:26 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The fight with the mercenaries was going well but not well enough.  They had managed to secure themselves into an excellent position and now Alan was wondering how they were going to take them out as right now it was a stand-off, then it happened.

All of a sudden an explosion went off in amongst the mercenaries.  Several bodies were flung upwards from the explosion.  Alan glanced around at the squad and they all shook their heads.  Where the devil did that come from pondered Alan as the remaining mercenaries that had tried to flee from the incoming explosions were picked off by the squad.

The mercenaries were dead and Alan was glad to see the fight was on but he was still curious about where the explosions had originated from.  Suddenly someone dropped from the ceiling amongst their ranks and immediately blasters were pointed at the individual.

"Whoa, don't shoot!" exclaimed Chas.

"Who are you?" asked Alan.

"I'm a member of the Paladin squad" said Chas.

"Not possible kid, you see we are the Paladin squad and I've never heard of you" replied Alan.

"Must be another mercenary trying to pose as an Imperial" said TK.

"We should kill him now" added Katarn.

"No wait!" exclaimed Chas, "I have my orders here".

Chas handed a datapad over to Alan.  Alan immediately began to scrutinise the information on the pad, realising it was legit.  He quickly handed the pad over to Lucky.

"Welcome to the squad Chas" said Alan.

"Nice to have you with us" added Lucky as she had read through the orders.

The rest of the squad soon began welcoming Chas into the squad.

"I wish I could properly orient you into the squad but right now we have a fight on our hands" said Lucky.

"That's alright" replied Chas, "seems we are in the thick of things".

"We're always in the thick of things" said Zeshaun.

"So what's the plan?" asked Greywolf.

"Kill more mercenaries, I hope" commented Finch.

"We need to find out what Pratt is doing here" said Lucky.

"Let's move out people" said Alan.  He was eager to find out what plans the Hutt had and was looking forward to putting a stop to them and to him.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Chas
ComNet n00b

Chas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  12
April 11, 2009 10:54:12 AM    View the profile of Chas 
A little eased up Chas moves into line.  putting his sniper on his back again.  Still there was soo much adrenaline in his body that it was hard to keep check. When the people that had surprised the mercenaries almost shot 'm. 

"Great meeting" he thought to himself. " Must be my bloody luck"

He took a quick minute to still check all the rest of his gear. Glad that atleast he got away from his hiding spot." It was starting to get cramped up there. " he thought.

Moments later he noticed that these guys weren't joking either. There were even more introducers in the base. And they took care of em with iron fist. Or so he would've guessed.

"Bloody well made a mess down ere, Didn't i boss? " he said to AlanJR

Only responds Chas was a weird look back though.

Lucky quickly stepped forwrd to him and smacked 'm across the face.

"You do know that this place is filled with explosives don't you? Enough to blow half the base to pieces numskull." She said.

Chasme shrugged. "Took care of the job still  didn't i? " 

AlanJR laughed: "Hehe thank god you were lucky enough not to hit any of the explosives."

"We can't have any luck, we're trained to do this. Next time think before you act. " Lucky said.

"I'd rather be lucky then skilled any day." Chas whimperedto himself.

"So uhm, what'd you want me to do Sir?" He asked
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1480
April 11, 2009 12:03:09 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"My guess is that Pratt will be have set himself up in the main building" said Lucky.

"It's going to be heavily defended" added Alan.

"Just the way I like it" said TK, "bring em on".

"You know that Pratt will be expecting us once he gets no reply from his troops in the armoury" said Finch.

"All the more reason to hit him now before he gets himself so well entrenched that we won't be able to get to him" added Greywolf.

"Let's move out and take the fight to him" ordered Lucky.

"You heard her, let's move it people" said Alan.

The squad started to file out of the armoury and Alan wondered just what defences Pratt would have in store for them.

The squad moved quietly through the corridors of Tadath and it made Alan uneasy when he found that there were no mercenaries patrolling them.

"Where is everyone?" asked Zeshaun.

"I don't know but it's making me uneasy" commented Katarn.

"Cut the chatter and stay focused" said Alan.

The lack of mercenaries was good but it also made Alan feel uneasy himself.  Suddenly him com sparked to life.  Alan glanced around and could see all of the squad.  Maybe it's someone from High Command thought Alan.  His face fell when he heard who it was and what the message was.

"So the Paladin squad is free" said Pratt, "if you are thinking of taking me out then think again.  I am so well defended that you will never get anywhere near me".

The com fizzled out to the sound of Pratt's laughter.  Alan knew that Pratt's comment would be accurate and not just idle boasting.

"What do we do now?" asked Greywolf.

"Our plan stays the same, we attack" replied Lucky.

"But you heard what he said" added Zeshaun.

"We are Paladin and we will succeed" said Alan, "besides which we have been in worse situations than this before".

The squad nodded and continued their advance.  Despite his speech, Alan couldn't remember a worse situation than they were in right now.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  145
April 11, 2009 5:24:22 PM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK pondered vigorously, trying to entrench a plan into his head. Within moments of the message Pratt delivered TK had an idea. The first in some time; since his last mission, against Pratt, the unbearable surprises and suspense he had placed upon the squad.

“Maybe, if we disguise our self with these selfish scumbags, we can slip in without a doubt” suggested TK bending over a large body

“Well, I suppose, he didn’t see our faces, worth a try” said Lucky

“There it is, drag the corpses into the armory and loot them dry and report back up top” whispered Alan

TK gave a ice cold glare the new recruit just what we need, new blood he thought shaking his head hard

“What is it” asked Chas

“Oh, nothing, another idea, but it would have been suicide” covered TK

The repulserlift shot down the tube, within moments the squad was looking for the “right size” disguise

TK found his and dragged it behind a small locker; he took his armor off, showing his fine body, and his underwear. He took off the guard’s mabari armorweave armor and equipped it.

“You suit purple” snorted Katarn

TK clipped Katarn as he walked by to Lucky

“Reporting” he said at attention

“Okay, your orders are as follows: Act tough, if someone provokes, shrug it off” she said peacefully

“Oh my lord, we’re gangsters” laughed TK

“Act like him?” asked Chas in amazement

“Don’t worry kid, you will get over him, I did” said Katarn before unleashing a grimace

“Wowwy, almost killed me with ya breath” retorted TK

“Shut up, you two” ordered Lucky

“All up” yelled Alan
TK stepped on with the squad, his first undercover mission was underway.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

Chas
ComNet n00b

Chas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  13
April 12, 2009 3:48:07 AM    View the profile of Chas 
Chas noticed every bit of cockiness in TK was showing him, and didn't like it one bit. :" Who the hell does he think he is, calling me kid, i'm bloody a head taller then he is."

Chas ignored it for the time. "Theres plenty of enemies around, better not to make any in the squad. Getting caught in cross-fire was all to possible, and accidents do happen. " He thought.

Obviously Chas couldn't find a fitting uniform. Thus he kind of had to make way what he could find.

Chas looked at TK with a grin on his face. "Your idea isn't it? Get the new Recruit into this monkey outfit... it's really bloody tight down the piece. You know, great bloody idea.... We need to have a bit of a chat about this when this is over. "

TK only laughed, still with that arrogant smirk on his face.

"After this is done, i need to give that a boy a good trashin" Chas thought.

He moved back to to the armory after equiping himself. His outfit was a bit tattered by the explosions but it would've to do.
TK_421
ComNet Initiate

TK_421

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  158
April 12, 2009 7:17:46 AM    View the profile of TK_421 
TK left the lift by pushing Chas aside, he may be a head taller but TK was ahead of him in strength and stamina. Chas fell to the floor but stood back up to throw a punch at TK. However, due to Chas’ predictable movements Alan prevented him from going any further.

“Fracking stop it you two” said Alan trying to bring peace “Your like babies, you don’t even know each other”

“Yeah maybe we can get to know him at a dinner party” laughed Katarn

“Yes with miniscule cups of tea and teddy bears” said TK continuing the laughter

TK watched as Chas lifted a hand, but heard voices behind him; he lifted his hand and placed the other on his blaster.

“Ah, did you find those petty Imperials?” asked a mercenary

“No, we did not, punks must of slipped away” said TK ferousously

“Calm down kid, we will find them soon don’t worry” said the mercenary, who was completely falling for the trick

“We better” said Katarn following TK’s example again

“Pardon?” quiered the mercenary

“What my misguided counterpart is trying to say is: that he wants to bring down these punks to an inhuman death” said Finch

“I like his style” laughed the Mercenary

“You guys better go see Hamlin” said another mercenary

“Pratt’s right hand man?” asked Lucky

“Yup” said the mercenary “You work for his ‘lord’ and you don’t know who he is?”

“Just making sure, but we will head right on up there” said Lucky

The disguised squad made their way down some corridors until they reached a halt, the briefing room had been taken over. They stepped inside and was greeted by a hollow voice

“You must be Hamlin?” asked Alan

“Sure am” said Hamlin keeping with his hollow voice
TK investigated the man, but instead he was not a man, he was the Vong from the simulation.

“He was from the simulation” whispered TK

“I know, now keep quiet” said Alan nudging him

“What did you say kid?” Hamlin asked

“Asking when Pratt got out of his Palace” said TK

“Ah, he got out several days ago” Hamlin said

“Thank you” said Alan

More information on this guy and Pratt may lead us to ending this once and for all considered TK

TK watched as Hamlin pulled out several chairs

“Sit” Hamlin said

The squad walked over and sat down

“Now, I believe I never saw you lot before” said Hamlin curiously

“Newbies” said TK

“Names?” asked Hamlin

“I am Vaas Lowrider” said TK

“Vaas?” asked Hamlin

TK nodded hoping he would get this over with.
ARMY OF THE VAST EMPIRE

Paladin Squad:

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  530
Total Posts:  896
April 12, 2009 2:29:35 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was not a big fan of leaving his shock trooper armor, but there seemed to be no other choice. Zeshaun didn't have any trouble finding a set of armor that fit, seeing that he was a trandoshan, and all trandoshans wanted to be mercenaries, he was even a mercenary before he joined up with the empire. He quickly found a mercenary about his size and build and unclasped the armor and put it on. He had gotten a set of red armor with bits of green and yellow along the seams. this is actually kinda cool, maybe I'll keep it after the missions done with Zeshaun holstered his blasters onto his knew armor and met up with the squad again.

They met with Pratt's right hand man and learned that Pratt was on the move, Hamlin, Pratt's right hand man, casually sat them down and then suddenly asked for their names, getting slightly suspicious. TK_421 immediately replied with his real name, explaining that they were newbies. Zeshaun was more reluctant. He knew that Njall and himself had their faces in their data base because they had been captured by Pratt in an earlier mission. Damn, gotta think up a name Zeshaun listed some names in his head and decided to go with his fathers name Surssk.

"I am Surssk." Zeshaun announced, leaving out his last name.

Hamlin squinted his eyes at him. "Surssk...." obviously waiting for his last name.

"He doesn't have a last name." Alan suddenly said. "He gave it up when he joined your forces."

I'll have to thank him for that later Zeshaun thought, seeing the look of suspicion dissipate from Hamlin's face. The rest of the squad gave names in turn, Zeshaun was relieved to hear Njall give a fake name as well. Hamlin seemed satisfied with the squad and ordered them to go out and patrol. Alan and Lucky looked as if they wanted to stay and ask more questions but it was probably best to just to do as he said for the moment and ask questions when another instance arrived. They left the building they were in and stepped out onto the street. The sun was setting slightly above the buildings, their was probably only 2 or 3 hours of sunlight left.

"What do we do now?" Chas asked.

"We go and find Pratt, then kill him." TK_421 said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

I'll have to keep my eye on those two. Zeshaun thought, sensing the slight tension between them. They didn't need any disputes within the squad, they had enough troubles as it was.

"We should, act like mercenaries and avoid any other stormtrooper squads," Lucky advised. "They don't know we're under cover."

The squad all acknowledged her orders and started to walk down the street, not sure exactly what they were patrolling for. I should probably set this on stun Zeshaun thought switching all his blasters from kill to stun, Just in case we have to fight our own troopers Zeshaun then realized that they were probably going to be killing more mercenaries than their own Vast Empire stormtroopers but he figured better safe than sorry.

"Let's just walk around and observe for now, we'll have to find a safe way out because once we get rid of Pratt, all hell will break loose." Alan said.
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][CCA][SC]{RES}
Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  10
April 12, 2009 6:44:17 PM    View the profile of Greywolf 
As the squad walked down the streets, Greywolf noticed something on his armor.

"Hey Alan come here and check this out."

"What is it?" asked Alan.

"I think its a map of the city and locations of opposing forces. it even shows us what buildings they are in." rplied Greywolf.

"I think it will be easier to find Pratt than we first thought." said Alan. "First we checkout the the building over there. it says there are quite a bit of people inside, but don't fire till i give the signal."

The sqaud fell into line and followed Alan into the building. Chass and TK were split up in the line to prevent further arguing. Once insie they made their way up to the top checking every room on the way for pratt and more of his goons.

Alan was right there were quite a few mercs in this building but with the disguises the mercs were easily disposed of. Unfortunatley Pratt was not inside.

"Let me see that again," said Alan, refering to the wrist computer. "I think i just found him. It's an apartment complex on the other side of the city."

"So what are we waiting for?" Asked Chass.

Tk mumbled something to Chass and they started to go at it again. Alan and Lucky got them broke up. And told them something. It seemed to get their attention.

The squad followed Alan to the building they though Pratt was in.
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1484
April 12, 2009 7:25:30 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan led the squad towards the building that they assumed Pratt would be hiding.  Alan wasn't overly keen on all this sneaking around but he figured that it beat taking on the full might of the mercenaries.

"Oh no" said Zeshaun suddenly.

"What is it?" asked Lucky.

"Just look" replied Zeshaun.

The squad immediately gathered around where the spot that Zeshaun was pointing to.  Oh no thought Alan as he gazed at the pictures.  There in front of them scrolled through pictures of the various members of Paladin with a message at the bottom which said 'shoot on sight'.

"How did they get our pictures?" asked TK.

Alan had immediately recognised his own photo.  He wasn't very impressed with the actual photo but he knew that it was the photo allocated to his staff file.  Then he knew how Pratt had got it.

"Damn" said Alan.

"What is it?" queried Lucky.

"Those photo's are taken from our staff files.  Pratt knows we are on the loose and knows we are after him.  He's using the stolen codes to access our personnel files".

"Oh that's just great" commented Njall.

"So now what?" queried Katarn.

"Well we still need to take out Pratt, don't we" said Chas.

"He's right" said Finch.

"Agreed" confirmed Lucky, "Pratt may be waiting for us but we will still take him out"

"Yeah" said TK, "let' take him out"

"Alright let's move it" said Alan.

The squad moved out, more on alert as they kept a watchful gaze for any mercenaries.  They soon came to the building that they assumed Pratt would be in.

"Well it looks like Pratt is there" said Katarn.

"Oh no, not these guys" said Zeshaun.

Alan looked on and saw the building being guarded by two magna guards.  He wished he never came across one of them again.

Well this should be fun thought Alan as Lucky waved the squad to attack.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Chas
ComNet n00b

Chas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  14
April 13, 2009 2:39:43 AM    View the profile of Chas 
On the sign Chas instantly moved out to the left. Trying to avoid any other unpleasant surprise. This magna guards we're enough to handle for the minute.

Chas could hear lucky shout something over the sound of blasters. But he didn't quite hear it right.

A second  later he had Jumped free of a grenade. They were being ambushed from out of the building. There were atleast a half a dozen of them Shooting at the squad.

Mere instincts took over. As he rolled behind a wall. Taking up Position. Chas shouted: "Alan i need some assistance we're getting heavy fire from inside the building. "

Chas was surprised how fast alan reacted. In a mere heartbeat he was right next to chas. Already giving support fire for the rest to take care of the magna warriors.
"What are you waiting for! Take that sniper and start taking em out, i can't hold em out forever. " Alan sounded a bit annoyed.

Chas took up position and take his sniper out. And started to pick out easy targets. The first shot he blew half of a mercenaries scalp off. He noticed that Alan already had taken one down aswell. "Very impressive shot sir from this distance" Alan only laughed. Another shot of chas got one right into the neck. And another quick shot shot one of them straight through the heart. Chas laughed aloud. Alan gave him a puzzling look, What the hell are you laughing for?

Chas only laughed louder and through his laughter he was barely able to speak out the words "haha he.... fell... funny.... hehe"

He noticed that TK also put one of the mercenaries down.  Now there was only one left untill the 2 of em could help the rest with the magna guards.
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  534
April 13, 2009 12:10:22 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was surprised by the mercenary’s responses. Even though they had concealed themselves as mercenaries, the others still opened fire. maybe Hamlin gave us away, I’ll have to thank him later Zeshaun started firing toward the building but it was to far away for him to be able to shoot accurately and kill. This is more Alan’s thing Zeshaun thought knowing Alan loved to play the role of the sniper. Zeshaun, finally accepting that he was doing no damage against the mercenaries, turned his attention toward the magna guards. He had had enough trouble with them the last time they had fought Pratt, and he wasn’t looking forward to fighting too many more.

“Concentrate your fire on the magna guards, they’re the greatest threat right now.” Lucky ordered.

Alan had managed to pick off the last of the mercenaries anyways and now all nine of them were focusing their power on the advancing magna guards, skillfully deflecting most of the shots that were headed for their vital parts. Zeshaun took cover to reload his rifle when his arm bumped into his other rifle that he had brought along. totally forgot about this Zeshaun drew the Berserker rifle.  He placed his normal rifle in the holster and made sure the Berserker was loaded. He stepped out from his cover and fired one shot toward the magna guard. The magna guards realized to late that they could not easily deflect the shot of kinetic energy that was released from the end of Zeshaun’s rifle. The shot took off the top of the magna guards staff and knocked the guard itself back a good two meters. Dazzled the guard stood back up, with a new intensity in its glowing red eyes.

“Nice shot.” Alan had taken a position next to Zeshaun without him knowing.

Zeshaun nodded, acknowledging the compliment and aimed again. The ammo for his Berserker rifle was scarcer so he could not waste a single shot. He was more than certain that no mercenaries would be carrying one of them, and he wasn’t sure if he could get into an armory any time soon. He pointed his rifle at the guard’s chest, in case the guard moved, it had a chance to still clip some sort of body part. Zeshaun pulled the trigger and he watched the shot fly toward its target. The magna guard expertly dove out of the way, the shot only clipping its arm and then punching a whole through the wall in the building behind it. Sithspawn Zeshaun cursed.

“Let me take a shot.” Alan said, looking intently toward his target.

Zeshaun tossed the rifle across the street, Alan swiftly snatched it out of the air and brought it up to his shoulder quickly and very professionally. Alan aimed.

“Be careful.” Zeshaun warned.

Alan pulled the trigger and sent a shot out toward the guard. The kick from the rifle jolted Alan backwards and into the wall he was standing in front of. Zeshaun ran and helped him up.

“The kick is kinda strong.” Zeshaun finished his warning.

“Thanks.” Alan said handing the rifle back to Zeshaun.

They both peered out on to the street and saw the body of one of the guards lying on the ground, its insides all over the street. It was a direct hit in the back. Lucky and the others had distracted it enough so that it had its back turned to Alan.

“Nice shot.” Zeshaun said, impressed with his ASL.

A sudden blast of debris sprayed his face. The other guard had revealed a blaster and was aiming at Alan and Zeshaun, its first shot missed Zeshaun’s shoulder by only a few inches.

“We’re not done yet.” Alan said picking himself up from the ground and ducking behind a corner as another volley of blaster bolts headed their way.
Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  11
April 14, 2009 11:30:48 AM    View the profile of Greywolf 
With one guard down Greywolf got an idea. "Chas come here" called greywolf.

Chas ran over, "yes?"

Greywolf said, "Can you throw a grenade?" and without waiting fo a response handed Chas a frag grenade.

"What am i supposed to do with this?" asked Chas.

"Throw it as close to that guards face as you can, when i give the ready." replied Greywolf, as he brought up his sniper. "Ready!"

Chas trew the grenade. just as it passed by the magna guards head Greywolf fired. Direct shot. There was a moment when Greywolf thought it didn't work. he couldn't quite see because the dust the grenade kicked up. as the smoke cleared, the squad saw the guard standing up right rifle still raised, but without a face and a good chunk of arm missing. The guard toppled over to the ground.

"Good shot." Alan said walking over to Greywolf and Chas.

"Thankyou sir" they replied in unison.

"I could have done better." remarked Tk.

Greywolf held Chas as he tried to move over to Tk.

"Tk, one more time and I'm gunna get involved." said Alan, "you two are part of the same team. Start acting like it."

The squad moved over to the building now with more care then before.

"Watch yourselves, this is a great place for an ambush." said Lucky.

As the squad stepped in, the door closed and locked behind them.

"Ah. Paladin squad. So nice for you to join us. The welcoming party you just met was but a fraction of the forces you will face. Goodluck." The intercom died to the laghing of Pratt the hut.

"I'm really starting to hate that over grown slug" said greywolf.

"Now you know how we feel" Said Zeshaun thinking of how they killed Pratt the last mission.
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1488
April 14, 2009 1:31:46 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The doors swished closed behind the squad and Alan knew that it couldn’t be good news.  Then the voice came through the intercom and the sound of Pratt’s laughter could easily be heard.  Oh that can’t be good thought Alan as the inner doors swished open.  The sight before him confirmed his worst fears.

“Move!” yelled Lucky.

The squad dived for cover as multiple heavy bolts flew around them.  Alan rolled on the floor and came up behind a pillar.  Immediately the pillar started to shatter around him as multiple blasts struck it.  I hate those things thought Alan.

“What the hell was that!” shouted Greywolf over the noise of the bolts.

“My favourite” replied Zeshaun, “they’re e-web repeating blasters”.

“Great, just what this mission needed” said Njall.

Alan smirked under his helmet at the sarcastic comment that Njall made, however the e-webs were something that was not to be trifled with.  Sneaking a peek from his crumbling pillar, Alan sent a few shots towards the e-webs but the immediate response from the e-webs forced Alan’s shots to be poorly aimed and they went wide of the mark.

“Watch it” said Lucky.

You don’t need to tell me thought Alan as he ran from his hiding position as the pillar began crumbling more and as soon as Alan had left the position the pillar or what was left of the pillar came crashing to the ground.

Finch glanced over at the e-webs to see if she could get a better view but more bolts flew out and she had to immediately retreat to her covering position.  Alan happened to notice the bolts and knew that they had not come from e-webs.

“You get to see anything?” asked Alan.

“Yeah, there are two e-webs and several mercenaries behind them giving them cover” replied Finch.

“Yeah, like e-webs need covering fire” commented Njall.

“We need to take them out” said TK.

“Yeah, and soon before we get taken out” added Katarn.

Easier said than done thought Alan to himself.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  540
April 14, 2009 9:04:29 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was surprised at how easy those magna guards were to defeat. Pratt's losing his touch Zeshaun thought as he walked by the heaps of junk that used to be the magna guards. AS they entered the lobby of the building guarded by the magna guards, the laughter of Pratt filled the hallways. Zeshaun shuddered, he had heard that laugh one too many times. The lobby suddenly erupted in blaster fire and shards of the walls sprayed across their armor. Zeshaun took cover behind a large pillar that was holding up the ceilings. The blaster fire was coming form two E-webs down the hall. damn those things are annoying Zeshaun tried to wait for an opening in the E-web fire but with two of them they could fire continuously, one covering while the other reloaded. these mercs are almost as smart as the one's i worked with Zeshaun thought quickly pulling his head back as blaster bolts chewed through the corner of the pillar.

"Someone, needs to deal with those things." Chas yelled.

"We're all out of grenades." Greywolf and TK_421 said.

Zeshaun checked his stash as well and he only found smoke grenades. these probably won't do much Zeshaun pulled them out of his bag anyways and left them somewhere he could easily access them.

"All I got is smoke bombs." Zeshaun announced, in case anyone had any good ideas.

"Just use'm, better than nothing." Alan said.

Zeshaun shrugged and pulled the pins on the three smoke grenades. He rolled all three down the hall, a look of horror flashed across the gunners faces and then a sudden smoke screen and then an unexpected flash from within the smoke and the blaster fire suddenly stopped. Zeshaun, not suspecting a flashbang wasn't able to pull away fast enough and the he was blinded by the light.

"Zeshaun I said smoke bombs." Alan said, stumbling toward his position.

"My bad, I didn't know that their was a flashbang in their." Zeshaun said trying to regain his vision.

With everyone's vision slightly impaired it became a race of who would recover from the effects of the flashbang first, the paladin's or the mercenaries. Lucky seemed less effected then everyone else, she ushered other squad members to safe spots, more concerned with the safety of her squad than the easy kills she could be getting against the helpless mercenaries. This is why I love Paladin Zeshaun thought smiling to himself. His vision was coming back and he could still see the smoke screen although the smoke was starting to get thinner.

"Some one shoot those merc bastards!" Zeshaun yelled.

He heard a few blaster shots and Zeshaun tried to fire his rifle as well but the loud noise and the flash of the rifle hurt his eye and he couldn't aim at what he couldn't see through the smoke screen. Just as his eye sight was coming back to normal one of the E-webs started up again and Zeshaun had to take cover behind a reception desk. Damn, we coulda hade'm too. Zeshaun thought cursing himself for not realizing he had a flashbang in the mix. The squad started to open fire into the smoke as well, with the smoke screen still up the E-webs weren't as accurate and gave the paladin's more chances to fire back.

"How about if we use thermal vision." Chas suggested.

"Not a bad idea kid." TK_421 said.

Zeshaun smiled, hearing TK_421 call someone a kid was amusing, seeing as TK_421 was the kid of the squad not to long ago. Zeshaun switched to his thermal vision but the smoke was radiating enough heat to not clearly distinguish the mercenaries from the smoke. Zeshaun suddenly realized that the E-webs however were giving off enough heat to still be distinguishable and the mercenaries couldn't be too far away.

"Aim for the E-webs." Zeshaun yelled out.
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1492
April 15, 2009 2:53:39 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Aim for the E-webs." Zeshaun yelled out.

"You think" called back Njall.

Alan tried hard to stifle a smirk.  He always enjoyed Njall's sarcastic wit, even when facing off against deadly targets such as two e-webs then Njall could always come out with one line or another.

With thermal vision activated Alan could barely make out both e-webs as the smoke that radiated around them was giving off quite a bit of heat also.  Grabbing both blasters in his hands he sent several volleys into what looked like the densest of the heat.

A cry was heard and Alan smiled thinking to himself I got one of them.  His elation was short lived as heavy blaster bolts came raining down around the squad.  Alan ducked behind a pillar and some of the bolts started to shatter the pillar.  Not this again thought Alan as he dived along the floor, knowing that it was only a matter of time before the pillar came crashing down.

"Zeshaun, you got any more of those flash bangs, we nearly had them last time" called out Alan.

Alan spotted Zeshaun poking his head up from behind the reception desk as he replied "no, those were my last ones".

Alan cursed silently to himself.  He knew that with two e-webs, it was not going to be very easy to take them out.  A creaking noise was overhead and Alan glanced up.  That can't be good he thought to himself.

"Was it just me or did someone hear a creaking noise" said TK.

"I heard it too" commented Greywolf.

"Great, the ceilings about to come crashing down around us" commented Njall.

For once Alan didn't find Njall's sarcastic wit very entertaining this time round.  He heard the creaking noise again and glanced up.  His eyes widened as he suddenly realised just how many pillars had come crashing down from the fire of the e-webs and just how many pillars were left standing.

"That's not very funny Njall" said Katarn.

"Guys focus, we have e-webs to take out, remember" said Lucky, trying to get the attention of the squad.

"Um Lucky, I don't think Njall was trying to be funny this time" said Alan.

The squad glanced up and all of them saw the ceiling start to shudder, the last of the pillars groaning under the weight of it.  Alan didn't know just how long the ceiling would stay upright.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you" stated Njall, "the ceiling is about to come down".

Alan glanced over at the e-webs and then back up at the ceiling and the first thought in his head was we're in trouble.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Greywolf
ComNet n00b

Greywolf

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  12
April 15, 2009 7:18:10 PM    View the profile of Greywolf 
"Guys! get their fire towards you!" yelled Greywolf as he equiped his two Ryyk kerathor Blades.

The squad look at him confused but did as he asked. Greywolf kept low and to the left side of the hallway as he charged the remaining E-Web. He was 3 feet away before the E-web saw him and by that time Greywolf was flying through the air at it blades ready to slash.

As greywolf landed on the E-Web the blades were a blur of steel. The mercenaries noticed the e-web down and greywolf on top of it feigning death. "I hope they buy it" though Greywolf to himself.

The fight continued as he hoped. shots flew past him in both directions. After the fight was over, Paladin squad cautiosly moved down the hall. Greywolf did not move incase any remaining mercs lurked close by.

As the squad moved closer, they noticed Greywolf lying dead on the floor. They squad was stunned at the fate of one of its members. As they offered there silent prayers, the pile started moving. In immediate responce the squad aimed their rifles. shortly noticing that the movement was caused by Greywolf getting up.

"Sorry if i startled you, but I didn't want to let the mercs know i was still alive inches away from them" said Greywolf.
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Quiet Times (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:45:13 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 214  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >