Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Last Man Standing

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Last Man Standing
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  63
Total Posts:  119
  RE: Viper Squadron: Last Man Standing
December 7, 2007 8:27:40 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
"Viper Eleven, Lead here. Any chance you can get operational?" Tomas spoke into the comm. hoping for a positive answer. If not, there was no way they could keep Rocket alive forever.

"I-I think so, Lead. I'll see what I can hack together," came Rocketman's reply. Well that wasn't too encouraging.... Tomas briefly shifted his attention to the rest of the dogfight.

"Viper Two, how are you holding up?"

Came Tomas's voice over the com. Aleia licked her lips and rolled her Tie to the  right to come up and under another target. Setting her lazers free she watched as it exploaded before plowing threw it.

"Just fine. I could do this all day long." Came the smug reply. Thourghly enjoying herself as she came back up to set for the next. Tomas just grinned at her reply.

"Roger that Two.. just don't get too cocky.."

"Me? Cocky? Never.."

Bringing her ship forward her computer blared a warning as two rogues came up on her tail before Tomas could reply. Aleia  barrel-rolled to the left and added a dive to attempt to shake them.  A few curse words came over the com again from her. This time with malice.

"Sithspit.. these two are good..."

"Need a little help?" Tomas replied back, comming up behind to lock target on one of the fighters.
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  37
Total Posts:  1563
December 8, 2007 5:48:09 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Viper squadron had lost another one.

The last few minutes had been hell. The three remaining pilots of two-flight, had been trying to link up with the CO and the rest of the squadron, only to find them fighting for their lives whilst trying to protect three flight, who were dead in the water. Three-flight's FL, a guy called "Strangler" had just been destroyed, and now Ibram, Jaden, and the XO we're trying desperately to keep the enemy fighters at bay.

Ibram was currently trying to take down a particularly annoying A-wing, whilst at the same time trying to avoid the X-wing that was tailing him.

Ibram let off two Quad bursts, before diving slightly. Behind him, the X-wing was unleashing a flurry of tracer shots. Unfortunately for him, his shots ended up hitting the rear of the A-wing which, coupled with Ibrams shots, overload the shields, and wrecked the engines.

The fighter's engines spluttered and died, leaving the pilot dead in the water. Ibram decelerated and shifted to avoid the A-wing, and then accelerated again as the X-wing overshot him. Got you, he thought.

Switching to missiles, he quickly acquired a target lock as the X-wing was banking around. Ibram fired his last missile, and watched as it raced towards the X-wing, impacting and shredding the XJT to bits.

Almost immediately, a pair of B-wings came into view, letting loose with their Ion cannons. "B-wings!? What the Gak! Where did they come from."

Jaden had just finished taking care of a pair of X-wings, and was forming up on Ibram's wing. "They must have been pounding the fleet and got bored."

Ibram grinned. "Bored eh? Well lets go entertain them. Permission to take point sir." "Point away Bram."

Ibram accelerated his Interceptor towards the B-wings, dodging their Ion blasts and giving out some of his own laser fire. The two pairs passed each other, and Ibram and Jaden banked around for round two, but when they did, they found the B-wings practically unscratched and haeding towards Three flight.

"Gak me, they didn't even bat an eyelid."

"Chin up kid, they aren't invincible." Jaden let loose with some laser shots, and fired what must be one of his last missiles. Ibram added his own fire.

Between the two of them, they managed to overwhelm one of the B-wings shields. It dodged out of the way as the missile came up behind it, and the missile overshot. "Oh no you don't," Jaden muttered.

The missile exploded, manual override causing it to blow up prematurely, and the explosion caused the other B-wing to bank, and the first one to lose one of it's wings.

The CO, and his wingman, a woman called Aleia, swooped in from below and tore both of them to shreds.

"Nice team work." Ibram said. "You're welcome." The CO replied.

A Carrack light cruiser, pulled up along side. The IFF transponder identified it as the Normandy.

The CO gave out new orders over the coms. "Ok ladies and gents, looks like the Normandy is going to try and cover our guys whilst they try and get their fighters working. Break up by flights and move out. happy hunting."

A chorus of affirmatives came back over the coms. Ibram settled back onto Jadens wing, the XO taking up the other side.

"Ok ladies," Jaden began. "Looks like the Atrus is in some deep Bantha fodder, lets give the old girl a hand."

The trio sped off towards the Atrus.

OOC:
595 words. Note to Jaden/3PX. I had us go to the Atrus cause i thought it would be nice to have some action whilst flying in and out of ships, if you catch my drift. Mike break the dogfighting-run we've got going here.
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Senior Crewman Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron
We fly, you die
-----------------------------------

FM/SCRW Tyrol/Viper 8/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/=*A*=
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited December 9, 2007 4:56:52 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  346
Total Posts:  619
December 8, 2007 10:49:58 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
Once they stood proudly, now only shadows remain; of fallen comrades.

"Ok ladies," Jaden began. "Looks like the Atrus is in some deep Bantha fodder, let’s give the old girl a hand."

The Three remaining pilots of Flight Three formed on the port and starboard of their Executive Officer; they sped off full speed towards the Atrus. They were going to do everything in their power to protect it. They would do anything, event if it meant their lives; to protect their flagship.

C-3PX2 tried to call the Atrus on the comm., to let them know that they had friendlies pulling in towards them. No joy, the communication systems of the Atrus seemed to be offline or damaged.

“All right everyone, I can not get communication with the Atrus; keep you eye out for any cannons that may fire at you thinking you are a hostile. Hopefully they will see us attacking the pirates and realize that we are friendly targets.” C-3PX2 said to his three-man flight over comm.

As they got closer to the Atrus, they realized it was worse than it seemed. There was no cannon fire at all. The defensive systems were destroyed, leaving it without shields or weapons. The Atrus was in need of more help than they thought, the question was; could three lone Tie interceptors provide the assistance needed to survive?

C-3PX2 looked at his radar, and saw the inevitable.

“Frak, three X-Wing Fighters inbound.” C-3PX2 said over comm.

Now the answer to the question would begin to be seen.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited December 9, 2007 6:19:35 PM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2427
Total Posts:  2685
December 9, 2007 4:04:26 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
"I-I think so, Lead. I'll see what I can hack together," Rocketman replied. Dang it, Tomas. I've been trying to get this hunk of junk operational for ten minutes now. What makes you think I'm going to-
  Rocket's train of thought derailed suddenly as warning lights began to light up all around. Uh-oh. In a heartbeat he had gone from having a big problem to having a really big problem.
  And not just him. All of Viper Squadron was in trouble.

"Lead, this is Eleven! Don't know if you've noticed or not, but multiple bogeys just appeared about ten klicks out!" Most of his critical systems had failed, but his long-range sensors were just fine, and they were picking up a new squadron of Republic fighters. "It's a squadron E-Wings."

There was no response.

"Viper One, this is Viper Eleven! Are you there?"

Nothing. Shit! Whatever I just fiddled with trying to get my weapons systems back up and running must have short-circuited the communications system! Now what?
  He threw a few switches, trying to reverse what he had done, but he really didn't know what he was doing. The TIE Interceptor controls were just different enough from the TIE Fighter controls he was used to that he didn't know what he was doing.

He tried one last desperate radio. "All Viper Squadron pilots, this is Viper Eleven! Be warned! You have enemy fighters coming up fast from the rear - twelve E-Wings!"

As he had suspected, no one got the message. From the looks of things, the Viper pilots had been split up. Flights Two and Three were speeding off to try to offer the Atrus some assistance, but were being slowed by Republic X-Wings. Flight One, which was just Tomas and Aleia at this point, was still dogfighting with the A-Wings.
  If I don't do anything, they'll all be killed! He racked his brain, trying to think of some way to warn the others, but before he could arrive at a solution a proton torpedo slammed into the side of his crippled TIE Interceptor, and the lights inside the simulator went dark.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

Having finished off Rocketman1167, the squadron of E-Wings closed in on the remaining Viper Squadron pilots, who were unaware of the impending threat...
SCAP/COM Darkhawk/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=SCPA=)(=MA=)(=FCO=)[LoR][LSM][BRC][MC1][CBV.][VC:E][NDM][KC:OC]

SW Darkhawk/Eagle 1-2/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[VP:1][SoY][EoP][CR]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  38
December 9, 2007 6:52:40 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram saw a flash appear from behind him, and Rocketman's IFF transponder winked out. There goes another one.

The Normandy had done the best it could, but the New Republic forces were too good. Now Mira was the only remaining member of Three flight, and she had gone AWOL. The CO and Aleia we're finishing off the last of the A-wings, unaware that half a squadron of E-wings was now bearing straight for them. The Normandy was trying to fend off the other half.

"XO, should we go help them?" Ibram asked.

"Negative Eight, we can't backtrack on ourselves now. One can handle himself, we need to go help the Atrus."

The Atrus was dead in the water. Fires we're erupting all over the place, and neither the heavy turbo-lasers nor the point the defence system were operational.

Squadrons of TIE fighters, Interceptors, and even Bombers launched from the SSD we're frantically trying to protect the dying ship from the scores of enemy fighters and capital ships bearing in for the kill.

"Look out, 3 X-wings inbound." 3PX warned. "Split up, one-on-one."

Ibram banked right, whilst Jaden banked left. The XO climbed. The X-wings split up and chased after.

Ibram headed towards the ailing fleet. He raced in between a Mon-Calamari Cruiser and a pair of Victory-class star destroyers that were exchanging fire. The X-wing tailing him was doing a good job at keeping up.

Ibram banked right as a pair of TIE fighters chasing an X-wing raced past, and followed the line of the Victory’s hull. Laser shots impacted with his shields draining them. The annoying thing was they weren’t all coming from the enemy.

“Let’s mix things up a little.”  He said to himself.

Passing the destroyer, he raced towards a Lancer-class frigate which had just rammed a Corvette, causing a massive explosion. Ibram dived right into it. Passing through, he immediately dived, and looped round. As he had hoped, the X-wing tailing him had charge through as well, and had not realised that Ibram was now coming up behind him.

“G’night.”  Ibram grinned

He let loose with a flurry of laser shots, overloading the X-wing’s shields, and the fighter disintegrated in shower of debris.

“This is Viper Eight, I’ve just lost my bogey. Seven, Six, you still out there?”

Jadens response came crackling over the com. “What took you so long rookie? We lost our bogies hours ago.”

“Funny. Where are you?”

“We’re engaged in a fierce dog-fight around the Atrus’ bridge, get over here ASAP.”

“Yes Sir.” Ibram spied the Atrus. He could see flashes and explosion raging all around the bridge. It was one of the SSD’s critical spots. If the Atrus was going to get out of this alive, the bridge had to be protected.

Let’s do this.

Ibram gunned his throttle, heading towards the fight.

OOC:
475 words. I accidently made a real-scenario reference in my last post, which i corrected. My apologies.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  351
Total Posts:  553
December 9, 2007 9:02:21 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"And down goes another one," Aleia cracked over the comm. as she eliminated another fighter. Tomas considered saying something to her, as she seemed to be edging ever so close to the 'cocky line'. In the end he delayed the warning for the time being, as he didn't want to come off as a nag and hey a little confidence could really help in a fight like this.

The number of A-wings appeared endless, as whenever they took out one they had to keep their eyes peeled for one, two or even three in close proximity waiting to get a drop on them. Flights two and three, though only Mira remained now from the latter had gone to do what they could to protect the Atrus, the flagship of the Imperial fleet. This left Tomas and Aleia out on an island against a far greater number of opposing fighters. They had been cut off from the other flights, and it seemed unlikely they could regroup with the rest of the squadron without putting themselves at serious risk.

“Got one on your tail, Viper Two.” Tomas said as he attempted to drop in behind the fighter trailing his wingmate.

“Be a doll and take care of him will ya?” Aleia's voice replied in a sarcastic tone, as she likely already realized he was attempting to do just that. She was already engaging yet another A-wing and would have been hard pressed to take on both simultaneously.

“Heh, I've got 'em Viper Two.” Tomas said with a chuckle, the laughter really helping him to keep his cool against such overwhelming odds. The four fighters twisted in turn like a long congo line, one after another as each tried to get their shots. To Tomas' relief he succeeded first, capitalizing on a maneuver he had had the opportunity to watch the others do. With a ball of flames the A-wing was histroy. “You're all clear, Two...” but for how long...

OOC:
334 words.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited December 9, 2007 9:02:43 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  347
December 9, 2007 9:44:39 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
The battle was taking its toll on Viper squadron, they were losing pilots fast. Now down to only five pilots, in two flights, they would make their last bid for survival. Flight Two was already near the Modified Super Star Destroyer Atrus, while Flight One was still fighting it out in open space.

C-3PX2 looked out his viewport and noticed the true damage for the first time.

“It almost looks as if it did not even put up a fight,” C-3PX2 began, “as if it was dominated within seconds of them jumping in.”

“Contact, Hostiles inbound!” he heard Jaden say over comm.

“Identify them,” C-3PX2 said.

“Three Y-Wing Bomber Craft inbound on a run towards the Atrus.”

“Alright, form up on me. These ones are not getting to their target.”

He received ‘affirmative’ pings over comm. as the fighters got into formation.

“Call out Picks, I will take out their leader.”

“Ill take out the port side Bomber.” Jaden Said.

“I guess that leaves me with the Starboard Side one.” Ibram said.

“Alright, keep it in formation until weapons range. Then break and attack. Also, keep an eye out for any extra hostiles hanging back some.” C-3PX2 said, as the fighters sped off towards the Bombers.

The space was still burning, along with the ships in it. There was no escape, only for the dead. The Fleet was destroyed, their flagship crippled. They would have to fight to survive, the question was; how long until another pilot falls, and who will it be?

OOC:
253 Words
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

Post Number:  64
December 9, 2007 10:46:14 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
“Got one on your tail, Viper Two.” Tomas's voice crackled over the com. Her hands moved over  her ships controls as a smile creeped up again on her face. Had they no need for the helmets her face would be beamiing with humer and determination in her eyes.

Heck, it suprised many back in school how I could look like that and still keep it straight.. but I know  I need to keep things straight or go down in flames. She thought to herself.

“Be a doll and take care of him will ya?” Her voice replied in a sarcastic tone back over the com.

“Heh, I've got 'em Viper Two.” Tomas said with a chuckle as She fought to keep the bogy off her tail. The dance was done and in the end Tomas took him out for her.

“You're all clear, Two...”

"Thanks Lead.."

Things were starting to look bad. Still taking the enemy out in the open they had to get in closer. But the enemy was comming out of nowhere. ALmost as if they had a vast amount of endless ships. Not suppose to happen.

Rolling to the right her ships engines roared. Almost effortlessly she shot out a few more lazers taking out another enemy.

"We -" SHe started when the com went staticy over. Tomas's voice came threw.

"Playtiems over Two.. theres t hree Y-Wing Bomber Craft inbound on a run towards the Atrus. We need to get over and help the others out."

Bringing her ship up she  pulled another roll and watched as a few lazers missed her by a hair. The ship blasting past only to be taken out by Tomas.

"Not going to be easy.."

"Sense when was anything easy? If it was would it be worth it?"

Aleia smiled and shot foward, pulling hard on the stick as she started to make her way towards the others.

"You got a point.. "

The question is.. will we all make it out alive?
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  353
December 9, 2007 10:51:49 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Momentarily freed up, Tomas watched as Aleia stalked down and annihilated her prey with a cackle. While the A-wing numbers were dwindling, they weren't going away anytime soon. Something about Rocketman's departure from the simulation puzzled Tomas. He had managed to eliminate the surrounding threats and bought Rocket some time. Tomas figured it was only a matter of time till Rocketman was eliminated, but not this soon...

"Aleia, keep your eyes open...something isn't right." Tomas instructed to his wingmate before forwarding the message onto the rest of his squadron. Nothing was picking up on his radar yet except the handfuls of A-wings circling him and Aleia for the kill. The A-wings...right. Regardless of this mystery threat, whatever it was it couldn't be more dangerous than what they faced now. Taking concentration off the direct threat to their positions in the simulation would not be a smart move.

How many more can there possibly be? Tomas thought as out maneuvered an A-wing that had been trailing him. “Little help, Viper Two?”

“Would love to Lead, but I've got a few problems of my own right now.” Tomas chanced a look at his wingmate as he had dodged the immediate danger to his safety. Aleia was dealing with a  pair of the slick Rebel craft, and as a second fighter joined its partner to pester Tomas he couldn't help but sigh. Mind racing, Tomas wracked his mind in an attempt to come up with something, anything to get them out of this mess in one piece...

OOC:
262 words
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1430
Total Posts:  1963
December 10, 2007 7:13:04 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Everyone was now having their fair share of toughness coming from the simulation, but the ones who could handle the situation had stuck out thus far.  2nd Lieutenant Jaden Khaar knew that he had to somehow prove himself to the other pilots, but without neglecting the teamwork that he had known and learned so well throughout the years.  The simulation was meant to test the pilots to the best of their ability, which Jaden had experienced numerous times.  But, he also knew that the ones who had developed the simulation and had ran it themselves were masters among those members of the Vast Empire Navy.

I know now from those that have been destroyed that I will be tested to nearly the greatest of my ability here.  I can't help but think about how much fun this is going to be!

The interceptor seemed to glide across the blackness of space faster than before, but it was only because the entire situation had slowed down.  Ships lay barren throughout the area like some sort of graveyard, putting the entire squadrons morale in the dirt, or at least what was left of them.  Small dogfights were sprung out across a large amount of space now, but the main capital ship battle still rang on.

The vastly experienced pilot knew that none of the capital ship warfare  mattered to him at all when he was in flight.  Objectives came to that point at a certain time, but the basis of his experience had involved fighter-to-fighter action.  The bigger view of the entire battle would only throw him into a state of un-organization.  He attempted to wipe the slate clean of the more serious thoughts as calls for new marks started to ring into his communication unit.  They weren't of any better news either.

"Viper Lead to all pilots," said Tomas, "Just as we all knew it would happen, our numbers have come to a very low amount, and we're far more than outnumbered at this point.  This simulation is getting more and more difficult now with each fighter you destroy, so make sure you know exactly whats coming your way."

"On an even better note, we've got an entire squadron of E-wings tearing this place apart their own way while we toy around with these A-wings, X-wings, and B-wings.  Half of them are toying with one of our last carracks, and the other half are circling from another approach vector.  Most of you probably haven't had the time to notice that they've arrived within good sensor range."

"Take heed to the fact that these fighters are not to be underestimated. The primary weapons are fire-linked triple laser cannons.  There is one cannon on the end of each wing, with the third cannon directly above the cockpit.  These fighters have a respectable amount of speed and acceleration, but their greatest aspect is the firepower."

"Good luck out there pilots," said Tomas, "Lets see some more of that New Republic scrap on the field!"

Whilst listening to the man describe the new fighters, Jaden was burying his fighters throttle, attempting to catch up to a small group of bogeys that we're patrolling a nearby area.  It seemed as though they had just finished whatever task they were doing, and we're now heading back towards the area of battle.  Jaden couldn't pick up any readings of fighters that had gone down in the area lately, so he concluded that they must have been idle fighters within the simulation, and that just lately they had been activated due to Jaden's proximity to them.

Jaden's thoughts we're interrupted by one last transmission from the squadron leader about the new fighters.

"Scratch the last transmission on the whereabouts of the E-wings.  The carrack cruisers they engaged are now out of commission, and they have moved a bit further out.  The squadron is sitting seven klicks away from our position.  Keep an eye on their movement, but don't let it distract you from your priorities," said Tomas, "Viper Lead out"

Ibram and C-3PX we're following just as well as they had been the entire simulation run, and they seemed to be keeping up with the difficulty just as well.  Jaden had racked up a good amount of kills more than each of them, but the ones that they had made certainly counted.  Each of the pilots, no matter how they came out of the simulation run, had moved up in his book.  But somehow, he wouldn't find a way to let them know so easily.

"Four marks just up ahead, I'm taking the lead," said Jaden, "Looks to be a variety of different fighter types, take a look"

A moment later, C rang back.

"Every one of those fighters is part way damaged, but they don't look like they're much of a threat.  I'll take the snubfighter to the port of the lead," said C, "Ready to engage on your mark seven"

Ibram Tyrol rang in with his selection.

"I've got that rear A-wing.  He'll be wishing he flew further up the formation once I'm done with him," said the more experience of the newer pilots, "I've got just a couple left in my salvo that need to get put to good use"

The group of three interceptors seemed to hang at the scene, over looking the flight of rebel fighters.  They seemed to be superior, to the naked eye.  That was the truth.  The trio of pilots had found some sort of groove to hang in with each other.  Serious bonding had happened thus far during the simulation.  More good things would come out of the situation than just a couple of promotions and medals.  The pilots within the squadron we're now a team, ready to deal with any situation thrown at them.  And now, they were on the hunt for once in a long time.

Its time to tear these artificial pilots to pieces....

The three TIE Interceptors sprang from their position, throttles at full bore.  Jaden flipped the cannons over to strafing fire, and adjusted their direction of emergence from the fighter.  Accuracy was something that he hadn't stressed about too much in his previous years as a fighter pilot, but the modern way seemed to be the best way, even in a simulation.

The speed on the interceptors systems terminal was reading nearly 110 MGLT, the maximum speed of the fighter, as set by the manufacturers testings.  The other fighters in the flight matched their lead pilots speed with ease.  Jaden snickered at the thought of having an equally able fighter as the other pilots within his flight.

Within ten to fifteen seconds, the imperial fighters had nearly come to the point of engagement.  They we're coming in on a rear angled flank of the fighters, hoping to catch them in their most vulnerable area.  The lead fighter kept the flight in formation best as he could, but before the flight knew it, green bolts we're running down their flight path and their throats at the same time.  The interceptors seemed to fly circles around the flight of fighters, shots grazing their hulls now that the shields were down.  Jaden called off the toying nearly thereafter.

The pilot slammed the left rudder pedal, sliding the fighter's aft end out to the right.  This compensation allowed for a quick missile lock on one of the fleeing fighters, due to the fact that they had taken one of the worst manuevers he had seen thus far in the simulation.    A flight path of straight lines that lead them right into the palms of the imperial pilots, and further, right back into the abyss of the program from which they came.

Jaden slammed his fist into the fighters control console as he saw what had happened from his own decision.  The flight of some-what damaged fighters had led them into a much closer proximity to the E-wings, and now the fighters were moving towards them for an engagement.  His anger shown out the most at this point.  The point of fault.

"Viper Seven to flight two pilots, part of that squadron of E-wings is moving this way, and fast.  Count them all, six fighters coming our way.  Get your asses moving," said the commanding officer of the flight.  He knew he was somewhat to blame for the situation, but the situation at hand drew him almost entirely away from the blame factor he was obsessing over.  "I'm cutting my chatter entirely unless it's emergency.  We've got some work to do."

The fighters pulled up into a high arc 180 degree turn, coming around in tight formation to face the fighters that stuck out as the best to battle this far into the simulation.  Jaden knew that the piloting skills had been programming up even more for the E-wing pilots, and that whoever was controlling the entire situation knew exactly what they were doing to the squadrons morale as a whole.

The situation had now seemed to have gone from chaotic to insane within minutes.

Jaden drew himself into a shallow form of mediation, letting the environment around him become one with his deeper thoughts.  He had now convinced himself that the thoughts that were drawing his attention from the mission at hand hand been ceased.

He was in total relaxation.

Show me your style...

But the new generation of Viper pilots stood strong.  Valiant in their efforts, the second flight of Viper Squadron pilots now faced their strongest opponent yet.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

-----------------------------------------------------------
FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 2-3(Viper 7)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[BWC][SWC][GWC][LoM]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 10, 2007 9:36:16 AM)]
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

Post Number:  65
December 10, 2007 7:31:32 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
“Little help, Viper Two?”

“Would love to Lead, but I've got a few problems of my own right now.”  Sense she was dealing with a  pair of the slick Rebel craft it was more then enough to keep herself busy. Yet she still managed to look up over towards Tomas and watch as he tried to avvoid his own latched on problem.

Great.. one small mistake and we're both going to be a smoking pile of rubble

Slamming the stick  to the right her ship rolled. Attempting to shake the fighters as they shot off  more of their own weapons. Cursing she pulled up and around. Making her head spin at the sudden twist she didn't wait for her head to stop. Pressing the fire button she let loose and clipped the first one on the right. Sending it  off to the right as it tried to to clear the damage and failed as it exploaded. However there was no moment for victory as it's brother switched it's own style of piloting and came straight at her.

Eyes opening wide she rolled to the side. Barly mising once more the deadly spray. This is wild.. these guys are too good... She thought and then, had an idea.

"Hey Lead?" She  rasped over the com.

Tomas, gritted his teeth as he too tried to shake the enemy behind him and failed.

"Little busy Two..."

"Got time to play some chicken?"

Tomas blinked from behind the helmet.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Let's see how how well they can follow the leader. On my mark we roll right at the last possible second. Let them get close enough to you but don't get killed.." She replied darkly. Tmoas shook his head.

"You best be right about this.."

"Trust me.."

The exchange between them done both pilots rolled and  set a path for each other. Weiving back and forth to avoid the fire from the fighters. One of the best things about the Ties.. we can move a lot faster. May not be by much..but  those precious seconds count.. She thought to herself. Biting her lower lip she swore she could feel the sweat pouring down her face. Closer now she could see Tomas getting rapidly closer. Too close for regulations.

"Uh two?" Cam'e Tomas's voice. A hint of worry played out as he attempted to hide it.

"A little closer Lead.."

The seconds brought them dangerously clase. Both weaving back and forth. Matching the beat like a dance as the enemy behind them  moved to make a lock.

"TWO?!"

"Almost..."

They were practicly on each other now. Aleia hoped Tomas had perfect reaction time. Cause if not...Don't think about that.

"NOW!"

She yelled intot he com. Instantly both fighters pulled hard to their right. Almost touching eachothers Ties with a foot of space to spare. The Rebel fighters attemped to pull out to avoid their own collision. Yet they failed  as both ships rammed into each other. Failing to have the flexability that the Ties had. In his cockpit Tomas took a sigh of relief.

"Nice flying.."

"You too.."

They didn't have to say that they both could have died. It didn't matter, the enemy was destroyed. ANother kill out of the way. Aleia looked up out the window of her Tie. They now had a clear path to get to the others...
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  357
December 10, 2007 8:44:45 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
As the piece of space almost directly beside and behind Tomas exploded with fire and shrapnel, Tomas couldn’t help but be amazed. She’s fearless, almost crazy…but hey, she seems to know what she’s doing and as long as it’s keeping her … us alive, I can’t really complain. I can't believe it worked...

“Viper Two?” Tomas probed for confirmation, in an attempt to make sure his wingmate had actually escaped the maneuver in one piece.

“Whadda ya need, Viper Lead?” Aleia replied matter of factly, and having all he needed to hear, Tomas turned his attention back to the situation at hand. On one hand there were still many A-wings buzzing around, but on the other thanks to Aleia’s maneuver and quick thinking they had opened up a slightly less perilous opening through which they could attempt to regroup with the rest of the squadron. Tomas had chosen to linger with the Y-wings earlier, and it had likely lost them at least one if not two of their pilots. With the opportunity presented to them now, Tomas was not going to make the same mistake a second time.

“Just checking for a pulse Viper Two, god knows you sent mine racing.” Tomas remarked, as Aleia formed up on his wing. “Time to run the gauntlet and get ourselves some backup.” As it was, the two pilots of flight one were all alone; them against a hornet’s nest which wasn’t taking too kindly to their tenacity and refusal to die. Tomas shot off in the direction of the Atrus, as well as the other flights with Aleia close behind. He kept a constant fire going in front of him at first in order to deter any of the A-wings from trying to get a shot that way, before shifting his weapons power to his aft shields as they shot out of the maelstrom of Rebel fighters. As they pulled clear all power went to engines for a short burst, maximizing speed in the one empty pocket of the mayhem…

OOC:
338 words.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1431
December 10, 2007 10:36:46 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Anticipate every move you think your enemy is going to make.  If they've shown even a hint of hesitation within their evasive flight manuevers, don't be afraid to take the shot.  Your much stronger minded than most pilots that I've had the pleasure of training, and  much stronger than most regular people in general.

Be one with that fighter that you end up taking out there onto the playing field.  Each one of those "Hunks of flying Metal," that they are so crudely referred as, contains it's own aura.  Knick knacks, fiddle faddles, quirks, if you will.  You've got to be ready to jump into any one of the fighters sitting in the hanger, no matter it's shape or condition.  And once you get to that point, you'll know exactly why I lecture you about these things.  You can't have any fear of your enemy once your out there.  If you even for a second think that there's a possibility of failure on your end, you will end up loosing everything.

And let me tell you Jaden, You'll loose it a hell of a lot quicker than it was gained.

The Rebellion fighters that were directly in front of the Vipers were ones built nearly impervious to all lower-grade offenses. The fighters were created for the best performance possible. The most important being the death defying snub fighters that contained the heroes of the battle; generals and admirals protecting the Rebel dream.  The memories of hearing stories about Blackmoon squadron pierced through Jaden's mind as he thought about the shapes of their fighters.  The triangular shape they seemed to make set of their intimidation anymore than anything.  Cannons were carefully mounted to each of the tips, giving the fighter a better angle of attack.  The legendary unit wasn't known to all, but those that knew of it's existence and it's function took warning to what things were done within certain airspace.  The Galactic Alliance sure had created a fighter that only one of the best squadrons in the Galaxy could use.  And those squadrons were commanded by some of the greatest pilots in the Galaxy, whether they be good or bad.  The deathly stares that the squadron had placed on so many of those that were members of the Empire now seemed to stare the Viper pilots right in the eyes.  They were in a wedge formation, and they were flying like they knew exactly what was going on.

Finally, a challenge in this simulation.

Wait....Better not get too cocky

Jaden opened up a channel with his wingman, Senior Crewman Ibram Tyrol.  The two had been much quieter in the past sessions of battle, but only because of the clash that was bound to happen.  The new pilot had finally got to the point of where he couldn't do much more than take what was given to him, and watch as his superiors attempted to make the situation better than it presented itself for me.

"Seven, you sure are keeping that fighter of yours steady," said Jaden, "Make sure you loosen yourself up once we get into this little volley.  You have an experience on it's way thats about to throw you for a spin.  This my young acquaintance, is the oh so glorious volleying of missiles from long range fighter combat.  It may be a simulation, but you'll be glad you got to experience it this way first."

I know I sure as hell didn't have the pleasure of that...

The young pilot shook his head as he keyed the mic and called something back to his temporary partner.

Just as the two groups of fighters began to draw closer, more marks entered the area.  Jaden toggled through his targeting computer, only to find out that it was the other two Vipers from the squadron.  The entire group had gotten separated early off.  Viper Squadron had now come back into the same area, and soon enough their numbers would increase.

With the increased amount of numbers, came the increased risk that more things could go wrong.  The groups that had been surviving with each other throughout the duration of the simulation. They had a strong bond, and mixing two different elements that shouldn't go together didn't usually end up working in the favor of the pilots.

"Viper lead to flight two leader, we are forming up on your wing.  Request permission to continue this battle alongside the functionality of those that have made it this far," said Tomas.  Jaden only knew that the man had a ear-to-ear grin underneath the helmet of his that tinted red from the eerie glow within his fighter.

"This is Lieutenant Jaden Khaar, temporary flight two leader.  Go ahead an form up, you've got not much time.  The distance that this gap has keeps closing, faster and faster."

A robotic voice interrupted.

"Hold on there Lieutenant, I am the the commanding officer here.  I am currently assigned to Viper Squadron Executive Officer, Flight Two leader, and all operations that are contained within the functioning of those positions," said C

"Yes, I'm most definitely aware of that.  I remember a discussion that we've had previously about me taking up the lead once things started to get nasty," said Jaden, "And I understood that you were agreeing with that when we finished that conversation."

The processing took a moment, and then the reply came from the droid.

"Affirmative on that one seven, take the flight two lead as your temporary position.  All pilots underneath him in the chain of command, you know your responsibilities," said C, "Viper five out"

Jaden laughed as he went back onto the com frequency.  The situations he had been through with C-3PX had never ended up going sour, because the machine seemed to actually listen to his requests.  The comebacks seen from the robot on a regular basis had definitely given Jaden a couple of laughs since he had been on board with Viper Squadron.

"One, this is Eight.  Do you have a copy?"

"Copy that Eight, they're 3 klicks now.  Everyone pull up those missiles.  Anything you've got left needs to get at those E-wings," said Tomas, "This is going to be a tough one"

Jaden kept his hands plated in the same position on the controls.  He had no reason to fear anything that was about to happen, mostly because of the fact that it wasn't real.  He could show his entire skill with the satisfaction of knowing that if he showed it in just slightly the wrong way and ended up making a mistake, that he wouldn't end up leaving the death of himself as a burden on others.

Jaden flipped up the reticule that marked the area in which he would send the concussion missiles flying.  He took a moment to draw what looked to him like one of the lead fighters into it, and waited for it to shine the familiar light green color that he knew all too well.  His waiting process was brutally interrupted by the same situation he was causing.  The miniature klaxon's and warning lights tore the mood of the entire vibe Jaden had going apart.  Missile locks we're also coming his way at the same time he was sending them.

"They've got locks started," yelled Ibram through the com frequency.

Jaden took a moment to let himself relax before he called back.  It would be 10 seconds before the enemy fighters would have a full lock, and his situation at a much more terrible point.  He did exactly what he had been taught several, several years before.

He spat right back into the face of the enemy that threatened to hinder the success of the squadrons mission.

"Keep that lock on them, and don't you dare let that lock go until after your salvos are gone," said Jaden

Immediately after the man finished his hasty order, projectiles sprang from both sides of the plane on which the fighters hovered.  He wondered, as the missiles and torpedoes streaked across the space before them, if he had even got the message through to all of the pilots.

The fighter's display terminals lit up more than usual as both group's salvos penetrated their targets.  Jaden had kept track of the one marked for his fighter, and it completely overshot.  With the numerous amount of missiles and torpedoes going in the same direction, there wasn't much of a chance of many of them actually hitting their exact targets on time.  The heat signatures ended up starting a chain reaction, and random combustions pierced the airtight vacuum of space as the ace Imperial pilot slammed on the rudder pedals, sending the fighter into a heavily unexpected downward spiral-dive.

Unexpected to only those lacking the skills of that within the Captains Own.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 2-3(Viper 7)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[BWC][SWC][GWC][LoM]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 10, 2007 5:19:34 PM)]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  358
December 10, 2007 11:42:03 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas and Aleia screamed through space in the direction of the Atrus and flight two. They had gotten enough of a cushion that the A-wings left them alone, choosing to go after other small Imperial crafts nearby rather than engage what was left of Viper Squadron at the current time.

X-wings were scattered throughout the battlefield and remained a possible annoyance, but at the moment there was a much bigger threat inbound. A squadron of E-wings were breaking in fast.

"Viper lead to flight two leader, we are forming up on your wing.  Request permission to continue this battle alongside the functionality of those that have made it this far," Tomas asked, commending those remaining for their efforts in the same breath.

"This is Lieutenant Jaden Khaar, temporary flight two leader." came the reply on the other end. "Go ahead an form up, you've got not much time.  The distance that this gap has keeps closing, faster and faster."

"Affirmative on that one eight, they're 3 klicks now.  Everyone pull up those missiles.  Anything you've got left needs to get at those E-wings," Tomas said as he checked his sensors for the exact details. "This is going to be a tough one."

Fourteen E-wings closed in rapidly on the six remaining Viper pilots, already attempting to form missile locks from their far off distance. Under Jaden's advisement, Viper did likewise and a couple of them managed to succeed quite quickly. The rest soon followed, but not before an E-wing or two managed to get a lock of their own. The Viper pilots unleashed a bombardment of missiles, emptying their stores on the incoming E-wings in an attempt to destroy as many as they could and even the numbers out a bit more before the actual dogfight broke out.

Tomas managed to smile, as a number of their warheads hit home, eliminating a handful of the opposing fighters. At this point, he was thankful for the squadron he had behind him, their apparent skills with the stick evident as missile after missile from the enemy proceeded to miss their targets.

Tomas' fighter beeped indicating he was out of heavy ammunition, and with a few flips of switches his forward shields were at maximum, his laser cannons powered up and ready to go. If he was going to get knocked out of this simulation, it would be with be with his guns blasting and he was going to take down as many more enemy fighters as possible.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

Post Number:  66
December 10, 2007 1:16:57 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
"Viper lead to flight two leader, we are forming up on your wing.  Request permission to continue this battle alongside the functionality of those that have made it this far," Tomas's voice came over the com.

Aleia smiled and kept up her pace to match his. Switchiing her shields were at maximum strength. Well that is one good thing at least. She thoguht to herself. Thankfully this was just a training sim but all the same it felt real. Aleia kept it like that and as squad members were taken out she felt the sudden tear in her soul as it were the real thing to.

"This is Lieutenant Jaden Khaar, temporary flight two leader." came the reply on the other end. "Go ahead an form up, you've got not much time.  The distance that this gap has keeps closing, faster and faster."

"Affirmative on that one eight, they're 3 klicks now.  Everyone pull up those missiles.  Anything you've got left needs to get at those E-wings," Tomas said as he checked his sensors for the exact details. "This is going to be a tough one."

Aleia felt the slight pain still in the voice of the other pilot. Even in sims things had a tendancy to get real.Not now.. focus or you'll get killed and then will you be. Her mind grumbled at her as her attention focused back on space and piloting.

Fourteen E-wings closed in rapidly on the six remaining Viper pilots, already attempting to form missile locks from their far off distance. Under Jaden's advisement, Viper did likewise and a couple of them managed to succeed quite quickly. The rest soon followed, but not before an E-wing or two managed to get a lock of their own. The Viper pilots unleashed a bombardment of missiles, emptying their stores on the incoming E-wings in an attempt to destroy as many as they could and even the numbers out a bit more before the actual dogfight broke out.

Checking her flashing screens she sighed in relief that she still had a few  shots left of the heavy ammunition. Grinding her teeth the pilot scanned the area and was suprised that they took ut a fair number of the enemy. There still was a fair amount of fighters left, but not as much as before.

"Looks like I'm out of the big stuff." Came Tomas's reply.

"I have a few shots left."

"Saving them for something?"

Aleia laughed lightly.

"Never know.. could be our chance to stay alive."

Both pilots rolled their Tie's to the side, letting loose more fire towards a E-wing. The pilot tried to manuever out of her line of fire. Aleia smiled. The pilot apparently wasn't one of the best. Follwoing what looked to be text book flying. While that was good in a way... it wasn't goign to do anything against her or the others. At the same time she locked onto it so did Tomas. The E-wing took both their hits and exploaded into scrap metal and a large fireball before the coldness of space snuffed it out.

"Who's kill Lead?" She asked, rollingto the right.

"Not sure.. lets argue later.. the odds of this venture are getting more to our favor."

"Never tell me the odds." Came the stark reply.Tomas laughed.

"I didn't think you were Correlian."

"I'm not..." Might as well be with the way I see things She thought to herself. Together they continued on and prayed they would finish the mission.
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1432
December 10, 2007 7:25:43 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Maneuvers were beginning to become a blur for the Imperial pilot.  He had been throwing the fighter around so much with evasive maneuvers that he hadn't noticed a slightly important detail; the E-wings numbers were now below half of their original head count.  The TIE Interceptor whipped through the miniature maze of capital ship debris, with its pursuers following closely behind.  Two of the surviving E-wings had caught on to his last dive, and they weren't taking it easy on him in any way shape or form.  Blaster fire crudely spat at him from the triple-mounted cannons of the enemy snub fighter as the throttle was pushed harder down the line.  His ingeniousness had compensated for the shield shifting earlier in the engagement; all hopes were towards getting a step ahead of the fighters that were knocking at his back door.

Damn, these two guys aren't an easy shake...I might have to actually resort to using some unorthodox tactics in this simulation run.

Jaden giggled to himself very loudly as he continued to think about the entire situation.

"Seven to eight, these fighters are giving me a real work-out.  I'm keeping the shields at steady and rising, but I may need a bit of assistance once things start to get more aggressive.  I haven't had a six-rider from a New Republic simulated fighter pilot in way too long!"

The man had finally found what he had longed for during the prefabricated scenario created by the Naval High Council.  His match seemed to be moving closer, but he had already come to the conclusion that the duo of E-wings would end up loosing in the long run.  He was far too great of a pilot to let two intermediate leveled fighter pilots take him for a ride that they didn't deserve.

The remains of a Victory-Class Star Destroyer seemed to be floating into the nearby area of flight, and Jaden knew that this was his last chance to achieve something worth writing down in the history books.  He would now eagerly attempt to capture the star fighters in the capital ship's debris, whilst also keeping himself in good flying condition.  The enemy E-wings didn't seem to be cutting their victim much slack, which meant that it was time for some seriously ridiculous flight maneuvers.

The Interceptor seemed to dance across the dark and cold blackness of space.  Jaden fought the fighter through the trivial amount of capital ship debris with a sense of ease, but the pursuers still didn't let up on the Imperial pilot.  The large amount of persistence needed for the Rebellion fighters' new mission to continue was set at a high standard.  Meanwhile, members of the Vast Empire Navy aboard the Atrus were beginning to think that the difficulty might have been set too high for some players.  The dog-fighting was getting much sloppier than before in the midst of it all, and the pilots were now to the point of angered-exhaustion.

Son of a Barve! I thought that set up would go way smoother than it did.

The aft shield began to let up more and more with each shot that was absorbed.  Jaden observed his systems carefully with the thoughts of the worst as he flipped the fighter into a full right barrel-roll turn, taking him to a much higher level than his previous position.  The E-wings still followed, though one was beginning to fall behind.  Jaden felt the jolt of his body being shook around in the fighter once the cannon fire started to connected with the hull.  Moments after his engagement with them, Jaden had began to hear their deaths being called out over the communications system, and that pilot announcing their marks was his wingman, Senior Crewman Ibram Tyrol.

He had succeeded once again in saving his commanding officers back in a tight situation. The walls of insecurities within the members of the squadron were beginning to bend and break more with each and every step that the members of the squadron took together.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  39
December 11, 2007 6:44:36 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram formed himself back on Jaden's wing, having just taken care of the E-wings that had been chasing him.

"Thank's Eight, I was worried i would actually have to take care of them myself for a minute."

"No problem lieutenant, I'm getting used to saving your ass."

"Funny. Another flight of E-wings, hard to port."

Ibram banked and rolled, narrowly missing the stream of laser fire the E-wings we're throwing at them. Persistent buggers, Ibram thought.

The E-wings tore past, and as Ibram, Jaden and the others swerved round, they opened up with a string of lasers shots of their own. Two of the E-wings exploded, and the other two veered off.

“We’ll take those to,” The CO said. “Go after the rest of them.” Viper’s One & Two banked sharply, and chased down the fleeing E-Wings.

“And then there were three.” Ibram said.

The Trio were dodging in and out of the debris. For some reason the New Republic Capital ships had moved off, forming a loose perimeter around the fleet. Ibram had thought they were going to get a brief respite, but then grimaced as wave upon wave of enemy fighters appeared out of hyperspace, and charged in for the kill. This should be fun.

“Y-wings, going for the Atrus’ bridge.” Jaden barked.

They banked round, and saw the blue painted Y-wings gunning towards the exposed command deck. “Open Fire.” Jaden ordered.

A Flurry of laser shots destroyed one, and scattered the other two. They we’re quickly pursued by some TIE fighters from the Atrus.

“Looks like an old friend has turned up.” Jaden commented.

Ibram looked round to see the Normandy, clearly battered and bruised, pull up along side the Atrus’ bridge. Perhaps it was hoping to make up for not being able to protect three flight.

“One less thing to worry about,” The XO said.

Suddenly the One’s voice crackled over the coms, “Two flight, we need assistance. Another bunch of E-wings has showed up, and they’ve got B-wing support.”

“Roger that one, we are on our way. Let’s go gentlemen.”

Ibram, Jaden and 3PX accelerated past the Normandy, to find their Commanding Officer.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  359
December 11, 2007 8:49:06 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Following the missile bombardment, the E-wings coninuted to close in on the remaining pilots of Viper squadron. The dogfight had begun as each side had all but emptied their missile supplies. Tomas powered up his laser cannons in anticipation of the skirmish. Neither squadron took casualties on the initial pass and with that the twisting and turning of fighters began, as each craft attempted to get into position without find themselves as a pile of shrapnel in the process.

The initial engagement was somewhat uneventful for Tomas and Aleia, as they maneuvered in attempts to get into position. Jaden and Ibram on the other hand appeared very active, dipping and dodging while destroying a couple E-wings in the process. Tomas noticed a pair of the E-wings break off from the fight following the destruction of the other half of their flight.

“We’ll take those two,” Tomas informed the rest of the squadron. There were still a few lingering E-wings that Flight Two could take care of. It had only been minutes, but just like that he and Aleia were on their own again. "Go after the rest of them.” With that, Tomas pulled his joystick sharply to the right as he broke off into pursuit of the Rebel fighters, Aleia following closely on his wing.

The advantage was clearly in the Vipers' favour as they closed in on the E-wing duo. Their retreat allowed Flight One to temporarily forget their worry about more fighters dropping in on their tails. It was just a matter of reading their prey, reacting and getting the job done. That was, until they realized where the E-wings were fleeting to; as Aleia pocketed another kill and the pair of Vipers closed in on the remaining target Tomas noticed another flight of E-wings closing in on their position. As if to make matter worse, they seemed to be accompanied by a flight of B-wings.

“Y-wings, going for the Atrus’ bridge.” Jaden spoke over the comm. Great, as if it wasn't bad enough already Flight Two's now occupied. Tomas became slightly more relieved when the following chatter informed him that the Normandy had rejoined the fight and was slowly but surely freeing up Flight Two to engage other opposition.

“Two flight, we need assistance. Another bunch of E-wings has showed up, and they’ve got B-wing support.” Tomas spoke over the comm. figuring he might as well get them here now while they were somewhat freed up. The E-wing they had been pursuing had abandoned its maneuvers relying on pure speed to get it to safety as it bee-lined it for its incoming assistance. In hindsight, it would've been better off putting up a fight as Tomas and Aleia lit it up instead, it's path now easy to predict.

Tomas slowed slightly, hoping it would allow Flight Two to form up before the initial pass but it seemed it would be close. With a clench of his teeth, Tomas braced for the fight...

OOC:
495 words.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1434
December 11, 2007 7:27:30 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden flipped through his list of targets, watching intently as the vast number of E-wings magically appeared into the battle.  He noticed that the simulation was getting harder and harder at each move he made.  The thought of being killed out by a simulated pilot only drove his motivation for succeeding even further.

The trio of flight two pilots were jetting their fighters ion engines at full in an attempt to form up with flight one before the E-wings made their way towards their position.  Jaden let out a sigh as he evened up the energy output towards his cannons and shields.  It was breaking time, once again.  He began to notice an ache in the back of his head as he began to feel the fatigue from the lengthly battle.  He gritted his teeth as the feeling seemed to begin to pierce more and more as he tried to keep the fighter steady.

"Eight this is seven, do you copy?"

"Right here seven, you doing alright?  Your flight path is a little loose," said Ibram.  Jaden chuckled a bit after hearing the young pilot question his flying abilities.

"I'll be fine, but I've got one hell of a migraine coming on, and it isn't helping out the situation here," said Jaden, keeping the fighter in a relatively good position now that the three fighters had come into formation with Viper pilots one and two.  The squadron was back in their original formation.

"Not good," said Ibram, completely changing the subject.  "Those E-wings are coming in for the goods, and it looks like they've got friends now.  B-wings covering them from the port and starboard sides, two on each of the wing positioned fighters flanks.

Blast!  Those B-wings are going to be right on our asses with those Ion cannons...

Jaden shuttered at the thought of getting knocked out of mission due to a disablement from one of the enemy B-wings.  He knew that he would never live it down if it happened.

The entire flight stuck the formation for a few seconds, and then shifted all at once towards the oncoming E-wings.  Jaden smiled as the image of their unity lingered.  Memories of the previous Vipers began to drift into his mind as he prepared for the upcoming engagement.  He wouldn't dare let them distract him though.

"Engage those E-wings, and make sure you don't let those B-wings give you much more of a problem than we've seemed to have with them lately," said Tomas, "Don't let them even get close to getting a chance at flipping this advantage of pursuit back over on us."

Jaden checked his systems as he prepared to engage the rebel fighters.  Everything was checking out, and his cannons were nearly charged to their full ability.

Two concussion missiles leaped from the flight of Viper pilots, which nearly threw Jaden off.  He had thought that most of the fighters had used what was left of their payloads during one of the previous engagements with a flight of E-wings.  The rebel flight of fighters broke their formation, splitting up into elements, but they did so in an awkward formality, for the fact that the missiles were bearing down right on top of them.  The E-wings dodged around eachother, as if weaving through eachothers elements.  The B-wings stayed in their respected positions, and finally their goal was accomplished.  The plan of target confusion for the concussion missiles had worked, and now each of the elements were speeding into a set of evasive flight maneuvers.  The trio of Vipers tossed out volleys of green bolts into their targets flight path.  Jaden's shots ended up strafing the lead fighters aft, temporarily throwing off the formation.  Now was the time for the Vipers to split up and pick them off.

Jaden, Ibram, and C-3PX separated into their own group as did Tomas and Aleia.  The E-wings speed advantage would do nothing for them here, as Jaden knew that they would keep their connection with their B-wing companions.  The fact that they were flying with a combination of different fighters in their flights made Jaden wonder who exactly had thought of it.  It was usually unexpected to see such differently created fighters working together as one.

Jaden kept the throttle at three fourths as the enemy fighters threw themselves around in evasive maneuvers.  He quickly switched over to the interceptors linked fire and let off nearly a dozen shots into the aft shield of his target.  Most of them hit, dropping the E-wings shields to a critical point.  C and Ibram had each split to their own targets now, giving them the same pressure that Jaden was tossing into his target.  The enemy snub fighter began to make a break for it as Jaden let his guard down a bit.  He had attempted to break away for a more accurate shot, but now the fighter was getting away from him.  And now, to his attention, he noticed that one of the B-wings was now pursuing his faithful wingman, Ibram Tyrol.

Oh no you don't....
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

"The Captain's Own"

We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 11, 2007 8:47:25 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 11, 2007 9:05:51 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  350
December 11, 2007 8:32:23 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
C-3PX2 was split from the rest of his flight. He was pursing a fleeing E-Wing Star Fighter; it broke off from its group and was scrambling to escape. C-3PX2 perused, not knowing if he was falling into a trap. He constantly checked his radar for the slightest blip on it. Though he was not in weapons range of the E-Wing, he continued to peruse it, not allowing it from his Twelve O’clock. He knew that the rest of the squadron, the remaining five pilots were not doing any better, all stuck in a combat circle with hostile fighters. The only escape for the pilots was to be hit and explode. Failure in this task was not an option, for it could mean losing the conflict or or another pilot.

He accelerated, risking that he could lose control of the TIE Interceptor, but wanting to catch up with, or get in weapons range of the enemy fighter. He lowered the power to his shields, for they would be no use out here. If he was hit bad enough, he lost. It was that simple. He put the added power to his engines and began to close the gap; slowly he got into range of the fighter.

Moments before C-3PX2 would have gotten into range, the E-wing made a unexpected move. It made a hard turn to port, putting it into somewhat of a spin. C-3PX2, accelerating beyond the speed of decent control, had overshot the E-wing. He was forced to decelerate and turn to port, hoping he could catch up with his target.
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited December 11, 2007 9:06:01 PM)]
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1436
December 11, 2007 9:34:33 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
"Eight, you've got a B-wing trailing on your six, and he looks to be sweeping in for a sandwich set up with that E-wing," said Jaden, "I'm engaged right now, I'll be there momentarily.  Just hold your ass in good position and make sure you don't get boxed in, or they'll have you quicker than you'll ever see it coming."

Jaden was still in pursuit of his targeted E-wing, but the maneuvers that were being pulled off seemed to stump him at the time.  He had kept on the pressure hard, but his fellow pilot needed to know about the upcoming situation.

"Thanks much," said Ibram, "Oh boy, here he comes."

The young pilot had underestimatde the skill level of the enemies artificial intelligence, and now he would have to shell out the best of his abilities to make sure he survived and remained a member within the simulation.

The advanced version of the so poorly created rebel snub fighters was beginning to prove to be a worth foe.  After throwing it's shields nearly to the breaking point, and keeping on a decent amount of pressure, the fighter seemed to prove persistant in its attempts at rejoining its flight in the offensive manuevers they had planned against the now pursuing Vipers.

You son of a bitch...I'm not letting you fall out of my line of fire again.  You're going to meet up with your maker, and then I'll be able to continue my struggle to survive against your other artificial allies.

The heat was on, and Jaden wasn't going to let up on the spree of anger he was now feeling.  The rage that he gained from the thought of failure had now taken over nearly all of his emotions; driving him straight into the border point of insanity.

Jaden slammed the fighter hard to starboard, flipping the aerodynamically perfect fighter up onto its wing.  The throttle was now pushing towards full, and he had a good amount of speed.  A hard hit on the left rudder pedal combined with a slight adjustment of the control yoke and stick threw his fighter into a port side barrel roll.  He threw the cannons back over to single stutter fire, and pulled the trigger more times than he needed.  He somehow felt the need to bring a large amount of damage to the enemy fighter.  His shots were out of blind rage, but they were completely accurate; each one of them going right where he wanted.  The green bolts sprayed from his fighter, piercing the starboard shields of the E-wing.  The fighter kept rolling to the left, and the shots kept pelting the fighter.  He hadn't noticed, but the hull had been exposed soon thereafter moving to the other side of the fighter, and the E-wing had now lost control of its flight path.  The triangular structure of the fighter now ripped into pieces as the engines took their final blow.  Jaden cut the throttle and let off of the trigger, letting the E-wing's destruction advance without any harm to the interceptor.  The familiar blue lightning lit up the area as the small combustions from within the fighter turned into the large explosion of fire that finalized the kill he had just achieved.  The fires lasted but seconds, and the flashy scene had faded quicker than it had it had been created.

He had been too immersed in his own actions to notice that Ibram had skillfully eliminated his target.  He was now making a move on another one of the snub fighters, when the scene drew to be much worse.  The B-wing that had been on his tail was now letting off the attack that had been planned.

Jaden moved the fighter as fast as he could towards the B-wing, but the odds of Ibram surviving the attack looked grim.  Jaden felt some sort of blame to the situation, being the pilots wingman, and also, friend and partner.  He began to prepare himself for the burden of Ibram being taken out of the simulation for good.

He'll make it...I know he's got something tricky left to try out
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

"The Captain's Own"

We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 3:28:01 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 3:36:50 AM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2436
Total Posts:  2685
December 11, 2007 10:04:19 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Senior Crewman Mira O' Riley had been left all alone in the fight. After a surprise attack by a group of B-Wings had robbed her ship of its communication system and shields, she had fled to the outer edge of the battle. At the moment, she was trying to hide from the chaos.
  She had snuggled her TIE Interceptor up to the side of the bridge of a damaged Victory Star Destroyer, and so far several minutes had gone by with no one noticing where she was (friend or foe). If she could just buy a few more minutes, she just knew she'd be able to get her systems back up and running at full capacity.
  Then I can get back into the fight and do some real damage, she thought.
  Then, without warning, the lights in the simulator went dead. She had no idea who had taken her out of the fight, but someone on the enemy side must have found her.
  But who? All of the New Republic fighters had been so far away, engaged in dogfights with the rest of Viper Squadron, or making torpedo runs on the crippled Imperial capital ships. There must be more enemies out there, unaccounted for. If only I could warn the others...

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

Right now, the rest of Viper Squadron could've used some help. But warning them of more enemies wouldn't have done much good. What they needed was more pilots. More shields. More weaponry. More time. Something to give them an edge over their numerous opponents.
  The senior officer on board the Atrus smiled. So far things had gone better than expected for Viper Squadron, but that wouldn't last much longer.
  Mira thought she'd be able to hide, but no one would escape him. Laughing to himself, he turned his ship inwards, to the heart of the battle. With any luck, there would be a few more Viper Squadron pilots left alive for him to take down.

E-Wings dashed and darted across Leading Crewman Aleia Dreycon's field of vision. She'd lost all sense of time since Viper Squadron had entered the simulation, but it felt as if the battle had dragged out for days. And no matter how many New Republic starfighters they managed to destroy, more kept on coming.

"Two, look sharp. Let's ignore the B-Wings and go for the E-Wing escort for now. I'm going for the one at Mark .07; cover me." That was Tomas. Flight One had been limited to just her and the squadron commander for quite some time, but they were holding out very well. She was glad she had such an experienced pilot as her wingman, but also proud of herself for being one of the few Viper pilots left alive.

"I'm right behind you, One. Let's give 'em hell."

She could almost see Tomas smiling in her mind's eye as they braced for the incoming fighters. Four B-Wings with four E-Wings flying escort were their next group of challengers, and although they were outnumbered four to one, she had a gut feeling that she and Tomas would be able to pull through this time.
  Red laser fire and blue ion cannon beams began to slice through the space all around her. She sent her interceptor into a barrell roll, attempting to make a slimmer profile. Following Tomas's lead, they sliced through the heart of the enemy formation.
  Her squadron commander lit up his target with some nice shooting. Six or seven laser bolts hit home, knocking the E-Wing's shields out. A quick squeeze of her trigger finished the job.

"Nice shooting, Two!" Tomas yelled.

"Couldn't have done it without you, One," she replied, grinning to herself. Sticking close to Tomas's side, she followed him around for another pass. Right as they were about to finish their 360-degree turn is when it happened.

The cockpit flashed blue, and Aleia knew her time in the simulation was almost over. One - or more - of the B-Wings had scored a direct hit with its ion cannons. As all of her systems began to shut down, she frantically radioed her commander to let him know what had occurred.

"Viper One, I've been ionized! You're flying out there all alone! Viper One? Tomas, watch your back, I'm down for the count. Tomas!"

He didn't respond. Her comm system had been knocked out, too. Slamming her fists against her thighs in frustration, she watched helplessly as scarlet bolts of energy slammed into her simulated fighter, destroying it completely.
SCAP/COM Darkhawk/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=SCPA=)(=MA=)(=FCO=)[LoR][LSM][BRC][MC1][CBV.][VC:E][NDM][KC:OC]

SW Darkhawk/Eagle 1-2/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[VP:1][SoY][EoP][CR]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  362
December 11, 2007 10:28:43 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Following the destruction of another E-wing, Tomas and Aleia had executed a quick turn to get themselves back around and into the heat of the battle. Tomas scanned the battlefield with his eyes in an attempt to choose their next targets. Out of the corner of his eye was a slight blue flash, though it was gone in an instant causing Tomas to disregard it with a shrug. That was until he noticed that Aleia had stopped her chatter over the comm., her fighter had dropped off a ways as well.

“Viper Two you there? Viper Two!?! Aleia!?!” Tomas spoke into the comm., straining to look backwards for his wingmate. He couldn't see her right away and had to give up as taking anymore concentration off the situation than he already had would likely get him taken out of the simulation as well. Taking stock of his situation, Tomas was compelled to feel proud of Flight Two. They had managed to stick together and work as a team throughout the simulation and it showed as three quarters of it members still remained. They were still a little ways off though, meaning Tomas was stranded, all alone amongst a handful of Rebel fighters.

Frak, what am I supposed to do now? Tomas thought to himself, even now a pair of B-wings to do to him what others or perhaps even they did to his wingmate. Gritting his teeth, Tomas got into a zone. If they were going to remove him from this scenario, he wasn't going down without a fight.

OOC:
263 words.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1438
December 12, 2007 4:20:22 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
The elimination of Mira and Aleia seemed to shut down the hopes of survival for the members of Viper Squadron.  The loss of both of them greatly hindered the squadrons chances at surviving much longer in their continuing fight against the so called "Imaginary" foes.  With the odds now more against the squadron than ever foreseen, the pilots still figured out some sort of motivation for the success of their main goal; surviving in a situation that was completely against them in every single aspect.  The Second Lieutenant still fought hard to hold his head high with enthusiasm as he chased down an enemy fighter that had strayed from the main source of engagement.  The trio of pilots each were fighting their own battles against the incredibly skilled New Republic fighters, and it was only getting more difficult to keep up  with their always changing styles of flight.  The situation at hand now no longer allowed them to fly at each others sides; the enemy had spread themselves too thick for the pilots to work together against the enemies clever tactics.

Jaden began to clench his fists around the fighters controls in frustration as the B-wing maneuvered out of his line of fire.  The fighter wasn't designed to do well with such situations as being engaged from the rear, but for some reason the scenario was playing itself out to near impossible.  Fighters were doing things that seemed almost unimaginable to the Imperial pilots.  Jaden pursued the oddly structured fighter in his now fatigued state, hoping that there would be a break for him to find within the battle sometime soon, because for him physically, things were beginning to look grim.  The head ache he had acquired earlier in the fight had previously faded away, and now it had returned stronger that its first appearance.  His thoughts seemed to begin to blur out as he kept on the trail of the enemy fighter, letting off linked shots of green cannon fire when possible.  They never seemed to hit the fighter from the position of his fighters pursuit, but little did he know the enemy fighter had been baiting him right into another cleverly designed trap in the scenario.  It took a more radical situation for the pilot to realize that he was spacing out all of his major responsibilities.

"This is seven, I'm having some serious trouble over here.  I'm not so much struggling with my target, but physically I'm hurting from this simulator.  My head feels like it's spinning, and I can't seem to get any focus on my flight pattern," said the troubled pilot, "Best of luck to you guys, I may be ending my run here sometime soon."

The wingman he had put so much trust in the entire mission came back in the same tone of voice that he had gained from the terrible experiences that had occurred thus far.

"I can't help you out this time, Cap'," said Tyrol, letting the man know that he wouldn't be able to assist in another time on need, because he was in a direly terrible situation of his own.  Two E-wings had jumped onto his aft once Jaden had eliminated the B-wing that posed an immediate threat just earlier in the chaotic dogfight.  "My hands are tied up with these E-wings.  They're stomping the hell out of my fighter, and my shields are taking quite the beating.  Best of luck sir," said the pilot as the com frequency seemed to sizzle out.  His other long lost partner in the fight, C-3PX, didn't seem to be as bad off as expected.  He was now in a heated pursuit of an E-wing that he had been loosely trailing for some time, and the enemy pilot seemed to be giving up.  Jaden thought of doing almost the same thing as the enemy fighter as the migraine's forceful pain began to slowly escalate.

The veteran pilot shook himself violently within the simulator, hoping that it would some how bring him into a more aware state than he was currently suffering from.  It seemed to work for a moment, so the fight for victory once again pressed on.  But only for a short period of time.

The warning lights rang off like an alarm clock, bringing him out of the dream he had been lying in for the past couple of minutes.  His head throbbed with pain as the migraine pulsed itself through his bloodstream; his blood pressure was rising faster and faster each second.  The pressure all seemed to release at once as the jolts from the enemy fighters cannon abruptly shook his fighter.  The B-wing had disappeared from his nose view port, and it now lingered  in the worst spot possible, directly behind his fighter. Each of the shots brought the interceptors shield readings down more than before, but he finally managed to pull out of the hostile area after giving the twin ion engines the most amount of juice possible.  What he had left from shields and cannons all drained out as the fighter streaked out from the B-wings line of site.  The B-wing pilot broke his flight path soon there after loosing Jaden as a target, and began to head back to the area where the main battle had been boiling for some time.  The middle aged man let out a sigh of exhaustion as he gathered his thoughts and continued on in his fight against the now expertly skilled enemy fighters.  He hoped the previous situation with the migraines didn't continue, because they had nearly ended up being the destruction of his valiant efforts.

OOC:
I hope this post worked out, because I actually have a pretty bad head ache right now, and have had it the entire time I've been writing this post.  :P
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

"The Captain's Own"

We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 4:21:19 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 4:37:21 AM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  40
December 12, 2007 5:13:48 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“We’ve lost two!! Repeat, we’ve lost two!!”

The Commander was practically yelling down the com channel. Not so loud, Ibram thought.

The New Republic was throwing wave after wave of fighters at them… and the capital ships were just sitting there, toying with them. They knew their victory would occur in only a matter of time. Every now and then, you’d get a pot shot from one of the bigger ships. Ibram wondered if AI’s ever got bored.

Ibram had lost everyone, and since his sensors had been damaged, he had been relying on Jaden’s sensor feed. That feed had now been cut. Ibram wandered if it was because Jaden had been eliminated. He hoped not. This wasn’t a fight anymore, it was just a massacre.

The Normandy wasn’t fairing to well. Fighters were crawling all over it like bees, and the light-cruiser’s shields had long since dissipated. It was being ‘stung’ to death. A flight of Y-wings kept strafing the hull, chipping away at the armour plating, whilst some B-wings went after the heavy guns. Even some X-were getting some shots in, Ibram was almost pissed off at their arrogance. Almost.

Ibram knew he had to help the Normandy at all cost. If the Normandy went, the Atrus would soon follow, and if the Atrus went, then what was left of the fleet would perish. Ibram wasn’t about to let that happen.

Dodging a missile, he strafed a Y-wing and blew off one of its engines. Pulling hard to port, he dodged some laser fire coming from an X-wing. He then looped round, and finished off another Y-wing. Two X-wings then appeared behind him, and Ibram went up and over the Normandy, before diving and looping back round by going under the hull. He only managed to lose one of his pursuers.

Ibram found another Y-wing, and headed straight for it. He switched to single fire, and let loose a flurry of shots, depleting the fighter’s shields. The X-wing behind him and been lining up, and opened fire as well… but Ibram had been expecting it. He climbed. The shots missed, and slammed into the weakened Y-wing, shredding it too pieces.

“Why thank you.” He smirked.

He was starting to feel giddy and light headed. Must be the adrenaline, he thought. Ibram started flying along the battered hull the Normandy. The ailing cruiser had managed to fend off most of the B-wings, and with Ibram’s help, the X-wings and Y-wings had pulled out as well. I might be able to survive this, he mused. All I need to do is… what the gak?

Ahead of him, he could see two glowing dots coming from a far off enemy cruiser. They were getting closer. Fast.

“Oh Gak me!!! Proton missiles inbound, Move it Normandy!”

A part of Ibram realised that talking to an AI was, even in the best of circumstances, fruitless and highly annoying, but Ibram was very caught up in the moment.

The two missiles slammed into the bridge of the Normandy, ripping it to shreds. Ibram tried to flee as internal explosions ripped the defeated ship to shreds. A piece of shrapnel lodged into the rear of Ibram’s fighter, shorting the engines, and leaving he new pilot drifting in space.

They say it’s the hardest thing in the world to watch your allies die, and it’s even harder to watch your own death coming to you. How ‘they’ would know the latter point Ibram didn’t know, but sitting their in his dead fighter, with a view of the Atrus and the rest of the fleet…he appreciated the sentiment.

With the Normandy destroyed, the New Republic fighters renewed their assault on the Atrus’ bridge. It wasn’t long before someone, Ibram couldn’t see who, managed to plant a couple of proton missiles right into the command deck.

The Atrus spent the next five minutes dying as internal explosions ripped all along the hull. Ibram was to being bored before the VE’s finest warship blew up in a tremendous explosion, taking Ibram, scores of other allied fighters and ships, and even a few of the enemy, with it.

The program in charge of the simulation logged the finally words to come from pod 12, designation SCTV8, pilot designation Tyrol, I. as “What the Gak took you?”

-----------------------

Ibram rose wearily from his simulator. He was pleasantly surprised to see how long he’d lasted. He noticed Mira, Strangler, and a few other older pilots already milling around, having been knocked out earlier. He went over to look at the score boards, which gave an in depth breakdown on how well the various squadrons of Phoenix wing were doing. It was going to be close.

He took a seat with the rest of Viper squadron. Mira handed him a drink, “Nice work pretty boy.”

Ibram looked at the screen. The Atrus' death had taken out a lot of the fleet. Only the outlying ships and fighters had survived, and the New Republic fighters moved in for the kill.

It was only a matter of time now.

OOC:
844 words. I hope nobody minded me killing of the Atrus, but i thought id die a little differently to everyone else its about time she died anyway, given the 'situation'. Sorry i couldn't have lasted longer, good luck to the rest of you. Ill continue to post on the other stories.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  365
December 12, 2007 9:42:21 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
As Tomas bore down on the B-wing duo opposite him, he watched the Atrus explode in massive fashion. Massive chunks of debris shot out setting off chain reactions that crippled or destroyed a fair number of the Vast Empire's remaining ships. Having stayed at a distance, The Rebel capital ships remained relatively unaffected, with only one or two of the closest craft receiving minor damage from impacts with the shrapnel. On a smaller scale however, it was a much different story. Since the New Republic fleet had left the majority of the combat up to its fighters, a large amount had been circling in and around the Imperial fleet. As a result, the destruction of the Atrus and ensuing explosions throughout the area tipped the tables on a the fighter level. Handfuls of Rebel fighters were caught amongst the blasts, fighting for their 'lives' to get out of the danger in one piece. Although a fair number did make it out, the majority did not and albeit minimally, the series of events increased the odds for the remaining Viper pilots.

Due to the recent decisions he had made: pursuing the fleeing E-wings and sticking it out with Aleia rather than forming back up with Flight Two, Tomas found himself on the edge of blast radius heading in towards it when it happened. As debris approached their position rapidly, both the Viper pilot and the B-wing duo temporarily forgot their dogfight and now fought hard to avoid collisions with the metal chunks coming at them. Well…the B-wings seemed to forget, using basic survival programming in attempt to survive the scenario, the Squadron Commander however saw this as an ideal twist of fate. Ever watchful of his surroundings, Tomas continued his attempt to engage the closer of the two B-wings skirting in and around large sections of hull as he went. The B-wings logic clearly had them distracted as they continued simply twist and turn out of desire for preservation.

The debris made it difficult, but Tomas eventually got in an ideal position to do some damage. Behind and to the B-wing’s right, he strafed in and rolled past a nearby chuck of metal. Hammering his trigger down, Tomas opened fire and was surprised to see the opposing ship split in two almost instantly. It was only then that Tomas realized the smaller bits of debris; the one’s they didn’t really have a chance at avoiding had been slowly eating away at their shields. This revelation steeled Tomas’ resolve to play the role of the attacker, as with the shield situation as it was, he and the remaining B-wing were on nearly equal grounds protection-wise. Sure the Rebel fighter outgunned him, but that didn’t really matter when his target wasn’t able to fire at him.

Tomas approached the situation the same as the last. It paid off with a well placed shot to one of the fighter’s wings sending it into a roll that saw it careen into a nearby piece of debris and burst into a number of parts.

With a sigh of relief, Tomas realized Viper squadron had a choice to make. With the massive number of casualties already, should they focus on what ships remained and attempt to somehow get them into hyperspace and in the clear; or do they accept their fate, and fight hard in an attempt to take the absolute maximum number of the opposition down with them?

OOC:
572 words.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1441
December 12, 2007 12:04:03 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
The lone Interceptors engines shrieked with anger as Jaden piloted his way through the colossal amount of debris from the destruction of the modified Super Star Destroyer, respectively dubbed as the Atrus.    The shrapnel had given him an insignificant amount of trouble thus far, but the shock wave that resulted from the explosions of the ships reactor cores nearly took him out of the fight; the fighter had lost a marginal percentage of its shield energy from the blast.  He hadn't noticed that the entire ship had all gone up at once, for he would have moved much quicker than he did.  The electro-magnetic waves sailed across the entire area within twenty clicks of its position, and it had done more than just cripple the amount of Rebel fighters in the running against them.  The destructive force had eliminated what seemed like his new best friend, and partner, Ibram Tyrol.  The two had done seemingly well together as wing mates during the entire simulation run, but his loss was one that had been soon expected, along with the rest of the pilots that drove themselves to continue in the grueling simulation scenario.

He, Tomas Dagoram, and C-3PX were all that had remained alive after the chain of unfortunate events prior to the destruction of the First Vast Imperial Fleets' flagship.  Each of them had succeeded in surviving the trivial progressions of the battle, but not without the sacrifice of many of the squadrons pilots in the process.  The decisions they had made during the massively confusing and chaotic dogfights now reflected back upon them.  Jaden couldn't help but press the issue that he had been responsible for more than one of the pilots deaths during the simulation.  His thoughts nearly drove him over the edge again as the fighter peered out of the debris and rubble from the ongoing battle.  He emerged, only to find that the odds had been even up quite a bit more than he expected.

Jaden scrolled through the known list of targets he was receiving from his could be faulty sensors, noting that much more than a handful of the Rebellions fighter count had been eliminated from the explosion.  His allies within the squadron were now spread, for what seemed like far from each other, as if they had to intention of working together in the fight survive against the odds that were against them.  The pilot began to think that his judgment, along with his sensor readings, were beginning to malfunction.  The war-torn Imperial fighter pilot made sure his systems were all functioning correctly, and soon there after, proceeded towards another target of choice, hoping the readings on his communications systems were accurate.

The TIE Interceptor picked up a good amount of speed and began to head towards the Imperial opposition as Jaden made an attempt to close up the proximity between the allied fighters positions.  Hemanually switched over to the frequency that the pilots had been using throughout most of the scenario, hoping that someone would reply to his call out.

"Viper seven, does anybody copy?" said Jaden, in a more concerned tone then he really had felt.

No reply came back for a moment, but his hesitation to call out again payed off better than he had expected.

"Viper Lead here, I have your copy seven.  Good to see you're still with us," said Tomas, wondering exactly where the pilot had been since the full scale destruction of most of the Rebellion forces.  "I'm moving towards your position as we speak, and I've got five here on my wing covering our position."

Jaden grinned at the sound of hearing his voice, and even more at good news he had presented.  His falsified thoughts of having his communications down had now finally been resolved, and with more positive factors following than he had expected.

"Good to hear one," said Jaden, pulling up their position on his display.  They were coming just around to form up behind his port side, and bogeys looked to be following them from a moderate distance.  "Watch your six one, you've got some company.  Keep on coming down the line towards my position; we need to form up before this gets out of hand."

Two flights of rebellion fighters, including one of E-wings, and the other of A-wings.  They were picking up speed, which was one of their many advantages in the scenario.  Jaden couldn't help but to think of what level of difficulty the newly pursuing fighters were progressing at; much more than previous groups of them had already proven to be quite the challenge.  The veteran pilot knew though, that he had not yet been pushed or tested at the full ability  of his piloting skills.  Its inevitability would soon enough arrive in a very abrupt situation of a battle against himself as an ace pilot within the ranks of the Imperial fighter group he loved all to well, the notably successful Viper Squadron. 

Not far off from the two flights of enemy fighters, Jaden spotted a lone flight of X-wings, patrolling what seemed like another NavBuoy.  They had appeared throughout the simulation, and each time upon their arrival, more fighters hypered in to fight against the Imperials during their abruptly began fighter simulation.The thought of more fighters being jumped into the area only brought Jaden into another mood of frustration.  He lashed out almost immediately after reviewing the situation at hand, his com unit activating for his words as the fighter slowly sped up, heading straight towards the oncoming flights of enemy fighters.

"One, this is seven again.  Form up quick, I think I've figured out how we can stop more fighters from jumping in before we get our forces collected for a final stand.  Follow my lead, and mark that Nav Buoy in the distance as your primary target.  I'm going on a hunch here..."

"We'll go with it for now, unless those fighters get here before we get to it.  Those two flights coming in at us don't look to be messing around..."

If they made it to, and destroyed that Nav Buoy, a possible shut down of more forces joining the fight could be in store.  Nothing was for sure though, because it had been different throughout his times in simulation runs.  If his ideas were wrong, then the mission would still go on, with or without the help of his advanced piloting skills.

I'm going to feel like a complete idiot if this plan doesn't work...

OOC:
1107 Words
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

"The Captain's Own"

We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 12:05:58 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  367
December 12, 2007 1:01:15 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas had been pleased when C-3PX2 had replied to his query of all any remaining Viper pilots. As Jaden relayed back now, Tomas let out a sigh of relief. Ibram was still MIA, and at this point Tomas assumed taken out of the simulation, but those that remained on the playing field were among the Navy's longest serving fighter pilots.

Given C-3PX2's quick response, Tomas had managed to hook up with the droid and in doing so regained some stability and confidence now that he was no longer flying alone.

Following Jaden's emergence the pilot from Flight two had offered up a plan based on some observations he had been making as of late. To Tomas it sounded crazy and improbable to work, but at the same so out there that it just might work.

As a result, Tomas and C-3PX2 found themselves banking and gunning it for the nav buoy in the near distance with flights-worth of fighters bearing down on their tails. Jaden had moved into an intercept course with his fellow Viper pilots in hopes of reuniting and taking on whatever threat they faced as a squadron.

“Lead, Five here. Seems the X-wings are aware of our presence.” C-3PX2 reported over the comm.

“I see ‘em, Viper Five.” Tomas replied, watching as the X-wings circled around before vectoring onto a head to head course with the two TIEs. Checking his sensors, Tomas found the other Rebel fighters closing on them from behind at an alarming rate. “We’re not going to make it to the buoy. We can’t slip past those X-wings and there’s no way we’ll be able to eliminate them before the rest of their friends are on top of us.” Tomas detailed the situation as they continued on course. With each passing moment, their need to come up with a decision grew ever more dire.

“Seven, what’s your status?” Tomas finally asked, as a plan popped into his head.

“Still closing in your position, Lead. You’re gonna need some help with those X-wings.”

“Negative, seven. Alter course. Your objective is the buoy…you’ve got the back door route open to you and it’s the best chance we’ve got.” Tomas said, putting the gears in motion. Once again, Tomas braced himself for engagement as the enemy fighters continued to bear down on them. I just hope we have guys left to see this plan through to the end…

OOC:
401 words.
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1443
December 12, 2007 3:30:45 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Hearing the command that Tomas had barked out, Jaden immediately threw the fighter off the course he had been piloting on.  The Incom T-65 models of the X-wings didn't look one bit out dated to the veteran fighter pilot as he attempted a quick roll to the  starboard side of his fellow wingmen; getting out of their line of fire, both groups of pilots, respectively, was his only option at this point.  He kept what energy he would need for nearly a handful of shots, without having to recharge, and transfered the rest to his desire to move the fighter faster down the line of destruction.  Flying a fighter without shields was a skill that tended to be frowned upon by most Tactical officers in the Imperial Navy, especially the Vast Empire.  Each of the factions fighters were normally fitted with shields, no matter the situation.  It wasn't standard to have the shield upgrade equipped to the fighter, and Jaden wasn't too much of a fan of the standards that were set for those models within the Navy of the Vast Empire.  He knew the shields slowed down his ability of function at the peak of his skill level, so he decided to completely scrap the energy output powering the shields all together.  The effect of the decision made his known chances of survival drop straight off of the statistical scale, but he knew from experience that the it would end up doing him more good than harm.  He was now traveling at the top speed that the Interceptor would reach, and the X-wings had diverted their attention straight towards Tomas and C-3PX, without acknowledging Jaden's current flight vector at all, or so it seemed.

The back door is open, and I've got that buoy nearly in my sights.  Just a little more time Tommy, give me a little more time...

The fighter was now moving faster than he had earlier anticipated, but he had broke away from his own pilots, and the enemy fighters, quicker than he usually would have, in an attempt to destroy the rather important navigation buoy.  The estimation that it would end up cutting off the chance for more fighters to be immediately dispersed into the battle seemed as though it might work, but the chances of its destruction, and successful blockade of enemy fighters, now looked grim.  Enemy E-wings were approaching on his rear now, which meant that he had no body protecting him on the run that could end up saving the pilots from the humiliation of destruction by a programmed simulation.  The fact that he was without shields now had finally made its way into the correct part of his mind, triggering his pilot instincts.  He was turning into a blood thristy maniac, wanting more than he knew he could have.

"One, I've got three E-Wings riding up my rear end pretty damn fast," said Jaden, "I don't suppose your busy are you?"

The squadron commander came back with a laughing tone in his voice, but Jaden could hear the struggle of survival ring out more than ever.

"Busy? No, we're not in a hot zone with four T-65's....Oh no, and we're definitely not buying you time that you're WASTING ON THE COM FREQUENCY!" yelled the commander, in a tone that didn't seem to be completely serious, yes it let the pilot know that his success was vital at this point.

Now two and a half klicks from the buoy, the Interceptor screamed for vengeance; the enemy pilots were now nearly within gun range, having already passed their opportunity at a decent torpedo lock long before that. These pilots aren't screwing around...They had the opportunity to take me out with their fat payload of torpedoes moments ago...Which means that they want to finish this off their way.

And I'm sorry to say, but its going to be my way...or the end of the line for you greedy bastards.

Jaden began to cackle out an evil laugh to himself as the E-wings were now in the closest proximity to his fighter that he was comfortable with, knowing that he had no shields.  The anxiety of the probable death that had nearly arrived to the pilot would have shook most out of their seats, causing most hesitant pilots to pull their ejection handles, sending them straight into the blackness of space.  The timing of the next chain of events was almost perfect, and the end result of it would end up bringing the pilots mind into a nearly perfect state; a somewhat euphoric feeling that was almost impossible for most to describe.  Especially difficult in description for those that didn't know the satisfaction of being an Imperial fighter pilot for more than half of the regular human life span.

The E-wings attempted to move closer into the zone that they would achieve their kill within, whilst Jaden waited patiently for them to move into the exact position for him to time it right on the spot; the destructive end to the enemy fighters lives.  They had bothered him for too long, and his now triggered insanity was beginning to take over.  He flipped the fighter into a tight barell roll to his port side, cutting the fighters throttle midway through the roll; this caused the E-wings to overshoot his position almost immediately.  Now in the perfect position, the pilot threw his reserve salvo into action.  Though he had used a large number of concussion missiles during the simulation, he hadn't used his entire payload of projectiles.  Four Advanced Missiles had been hiding in their respective storage area for some time, and now when he needed to use them the most, they were there at his immediate disposal.

The E-wings artificial intelligence processing had been confused for a fraction of the time in their offensive manuevers, giving Jaden but seconds to achieve multiple missile locks.  The first came easy, two missiles firing off almost simultaneously as he achieved it.  As quick as the first, came the second lock; another two missiles jumping from the fighter at nearly the same point as the first.  His window of attack was now closing, but he had accomplished all that he had needed to get through to the navigation buoy.

The state of euphoria now completely engulfed the Viper pilots emotional feelings as the two E-wings were brought out of play.  Numerous explosions of the so called, "Advanced," Rebellion snub fighters involved in the previous missile attacks juiced his thirst for more destruction, and he gave in.  The remaining E-wing attempted to flee the scene of destruction, but was momentarily brought down by the fighter pilot that fought so hard to succeed, even in simulation.

"Seven here, scratch three E-wings, and that Navigation Buoy," said Jaden, attempting to sound modest about his prior accomplishment.

"One here, nice work.  The X-wings fell rather quickly to our skills, but I don't think your idea did exactly what you thought it would," said Tomas, with a more nervous tone in his voice than previously.  "Take a look at the radar my friend."

Jaden bit his top lip in aftershock as the radar presented nearly a full screen of blips.  The entire thing seemed to be pulsing with the red hate he had been feeling throughout the entire mission.  This time, it was for real.

"Multiple bandits just dropped in," yelled C-3PX's robotic voice through the com frequency, "Nearly two full squadrons of A-wings and a Mon Calamari Light Cruiser thats calling itself the Persistence of Time.

With the now present situation, Jaden only hoped that there was some sort of miracle in the galaxy that could help them win the ever changing scenario that now sat before them.  It had been turned from a great, competitive experience, into a grinding hell that the Imperial pilots knew all too well.

I'm getting too old for this...

OOC:
1,328 Words
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

"The Captain's Own"

We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited December 12, 2007 3:33:17 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  352
December 12, 2007 4:15:39 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
"Multiple bandits just dropped in," yelled C-3PX's robotic voice through the com frequency, "Nearly two full squadrons of A-wings and a Mon Calamari Light Cruiser that is calling itself the Persistence of Time.”

C-3PX2 kept looking down at his radar, completely amazed that he had survived this far.  He was on Tomas’ wing, awaiting the return of Jaden. He had no idea how they would survive this conflict.

He looked down towards his radar, and saw a blip, one that was not identified.

“Bogey incoming! No Identification Tag.” C-3PX2 began as he changed his course to towards the bogey. “Lead, Five; Going for a Missile Lock.”

“Hold Fire until Identification if you can, Jaden is headed our way.”

“Copy, Acquiring Lock, weapons Hold.”

He positioned his fighter and got a solid tone from his weapons console. Meanwhile in Jaden’s Fighter, he received a similar tone, only this time from his radar console.

“Seven, Ray-Gun; Bulls-eye our Five O’clock.” C-3PX2 said over comm.

Jaden looked at his radar and noticed that he was at One and Five’s Five O’clock.

“Five, Seven; Buddy-Spike!” Jaden yelled into the comm.

“Copy , Buddy Spike. Five, Stand down.” Tomas said.

“Affirmative.” C-3PX2 replied.

“Viper Seven, rejoining formation.” Jaden said.

Jaden pulled his fighter into the formation, taking up Tomas’ other Wing.

“Lead, what are our Orders?” Jaden asked.

With Viper Squadron down to three pilots, all in formation together, and the loss of the Modified Super Star Destroyer ‘Atrus’; all hope of winning the scenario seemed lost. There was only a matter of time before it would be seen what the true outcome would be.

OOC:
270 Words
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Last Man Standing  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:03:20 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 118  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >