Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse
Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

Mira O'Riley

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  15
Total Posts:  85
  RE: Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse
December 1, 2007 11:17:06 PM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"I can't see a damn thing, my radar is fragged up, probably someone didn't clean it properly before the mission, and I have barely any visual," Mira said to Tomas over a private chat, "Is there any chance that you could push your rank around to get the lazy asses in the hangar to actually do their jobs?"

"Unless Crewman O'Riley, you want to do the job yourself don't complain about how they fix the ships," was Dagoram's response, Mira gritted her teeth together.

"I Could do one hell of a job better then them," she growled, "At least the ships would be a death trap only after an enemy hits us," she turned off the private comlink. Her controls shook violently as she struggled to keep control of her fighter. Whose idea was it to send them on a mission on a planet that 99% of the time was covered in dust storms and the other 1% was high winds making flying from difficult to impossible. Mira's muscles strained to keep her fighter on course, getting to far from one side or the other could cause her to ram into one of her squad mates. She was pretty sure that Dagoram would frown against such actions.

“Mira, please knock it off with the music for now. We have enough to worry about out here that we don't need you losing focus in the middle of the mission," Dagoram's voice echoed in Mira's ear and she lost a little concentration and veered to the left.

"You know you're nasal sounding voice doesn't help me concentrate, some dumbasses screwed up the calibration on my Fighter, it's taking all I can to keep it on course, respectfully, SIR," Mira said a slight shake appearing in her voice as she managed to get her fighter back on it's path.

"Crewman are you going to be able to complete the mission?' Dagoram said a little bit of worry in his voice.

"I think so, as long as we get out of this storm asap, I'm not sure how much the sensors let alone the whole TIE will be able to withstand this," Mira murmured a drop of sweat running down her nose.

"Drop down Mira, we found better visual, closer to the surface."

"Awww you said my first name, we might get along after all," Mira quipped dropping her fighter and letting out a sigh of relief as her sensors came back on and her ship quit shaking as much.
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited December 1, 2007 11:17:43 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  335
Total Posts:  619
December 2, 2007 12:19:39 AM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
*Aboard the Wayfarer Delta, Present Time*

They were now finally seeing the potential future, dying on this desolate world. As the crew was beginning to plan a mutiny and beginning to start it, there began massive explosions all throughout the ship. More recently, a decompression alarm blared out. On the Bridge, the situation had changed from possible mutiny to utter panic.

“Status report, where is the decompression?” Kahn yelled, then looking over he noticed that the sensor officer was on the ground. “Officer down! Telok take his station!”

“Yes, Sir.” Telok said as he ran to the station. “Sir, the explosions are at random power couplings across the ship. There is a Decompression in the Main Power Control Room and no airlock so that we can get inside. All personal have been evacuated, and all hatched into the area are dead bolted.” Telok Said looking at the console.

There was one more massive explosion, and then everything went dark and got quiet. Though it was unknown what had happened, it was most likely a Power Coupling on the bridge exploding.

Meanwhile across the ship, explosions seem to be going off in critical points across the ship. Off-Ship Communications, Airlocks, Weapons, even Lights were disabled. There was no way into the Delta, and no way out. The only hope for the crew was that life support would not be damaged. The question was, how was a rescue going to happen with no airlocks and no Atmosphere outside the ship.

Telok switched on his Light Amplification Cybernetic Implant, so that he could see around the bridge and operate the necessary console. He then looked around the bridge to see that the majority of the bridge crew were on the ground. The Air also seemed to be getting thin. He ran over to the Oxygen Meter, saw that it was in the red and then ran over to the Communications Console; he then activated the Delta’s Internal Comm.

“Hull Breach, We are leaking Air. Get to Oxygen masks or Pressure suits, now!”

He then hung up the channel and ran to the cabinet of Pressure Suits, and then put one on.

The ship was now royal Fraked, either Life Support was out or there was a hole in the hull. Either way the last supply of Oxygen and on this world was slowly disappearing.

* ISD Suspense, Present Time*

“Shuttle Two-Two-Four-Niner-Echo you are clear to depart straight out, Contact Viper Lead to Confirm joining formation and location of Delta.” The Suspense’s Comm. Office said over comm.

“Two-Two-Four-Niner-Echo, Affirmative, Clear of Suspense. Contacting Viper Lead for Formation.” 2249-Echo’s Comm. Tech said over comm.
The Comm. Tech of 2249-Echo then switched the channel over to an Chanel Connected to Viper Squadron.

“Two-Two-Four-Niner-Echo, Recovery Shuttle; Requesting Permission to join formation.” 2249-Echo’s Comm. tech said. “Also, we have a member of Recovery Team requesting Private Channel with Viper Lead.”

“Affirmative on the formatting, and who is requesting communication?” Viper Lead replied.

“Chief Petty Officer Char Nobyl, he is requesting to speak to you in a private Comm. Channel. Awaiting your Approval for Communication.”

OOC:
517 Words
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
-= Viper Squadron =- : "We Fly, You Die.."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1415
Total Posts:  1963
December 3, 2007 1:49:21 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden glanced at his sensors, noting the fact that all he was picking up was the squadron, and some static interference from the surrounding storms.  They had been affecting the sensors somewhat, even though they were nearly 75 km away.  Jaden couldn't help but to think that the situation would only get worse due to the electrical interference.

"We're even a more blinder out here boys, but we've got to circle this location for a temporary amount of time.  Shuttle 2249-Echo is to rendevous with our squadron at these co-ordinates that I have just sent out.  The shuttle is to aid us in our recovery mission, and it also has specially equipped sensors modified into itself so that we can get some heat source readings, some readings to get this electrical field out of our sensors, and possibly some other knick knacks that could end up helping us out in the long run."

"Now, I know we haven't engaged anything and our 50 km radius sensors haven't picked up anything, but don't let your guards down out there.  I want us kept in tight formation, and I don't want anyone straying away.  Our primary goal here is to find that transport and rescue it's crew, which means that Transport 2249-Echo needs to stay around.  We're sure as heck going to need it if we want to save those crew members down there," said Tomas.

The entire thing had come out as a sort of speech, an in-flight pep talk, and it helped boost the morale of the fighter squadron by a whole lot.  Jaden sensed a very good vibe as the fighters seemed to move closer together in their harshly tossed environment.  Jaden could only think of what it could turn into within the next few minutes.

All that was left now was to wait for the transport, and just hope that nothing ended up surprising them before that.
OOC:

Sorry if its short, but I like it...and you set it up so Tomas should be posting next, C...
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

-----------------------------------------------------------
FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 2-3(Viper 7)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
Tomas
ComNet Member

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  332
Total Posts:  553
December 3, 2007 9:35:24 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
"...Our primary goal here is to find that transport and rescue it's crew, which means that Transport 2249-Echo needs to stay around.  We're sure as heck going to need it if we want to save those crew members down there," Tomas said, finishing off a short briefing. It can't hurt to refresh them on our objectives, especially with the new recruits we've got littered throughout our ranks.

“Two-Two-Four-Niner-Echo, Recovery Shuttle; Requesting Permission to join formation.” a voice spoke up over the comm. Checking his systems, Tomas identified it as a tech from the 2249-Echo. “Also, we have a member of Recovery Team requesting Private Channel with Viper Lead.”

“Affirmative on the formatting, and who is requesting communication?” Tomas replied puzzled.

“Chief Petty Officer Char Nobyl, he is requesting to speak to you in a private Comm. Channel. Awaiting your Approval for Communication.” That's odd, why in private?...I do not know a Char Nobyl, and I can't see a reason otherwise. Nevertheless, Tomas switched his comm. over to a private frequency.

"This is Viper Lead, how can I be of assistance?" Tomas said, curious of the response he'd get at the other end.

“Greetings Viper Lead, Chief Petty Officer Char Nobyl here. I just had to ask, what possible reason could you have to take on a mission such as this? You now fly into the belly of a massive storm without so much as a peep in protest. Your ships can’t withstand these conditions for very long, and there is a massive area in which we must search. For all we know, the storms have completely covered Delta in sand by now.”

“Life Mister Nobyl, it’s as simple as that. I have full confidence in my pilots to be cautious and alert to any problems they encounter. We will not lose anyone, and we will not leave anyone behind. That means the Delta’s crew in particular.” Tomas finished his short speech, once again caught up in the moment with his ideals.

“Ah, I see…thank you, sir,” the Petty Officer replied awkwardly. This was a volunteer mission for the most part…why come along with such reservations? Tomas was puzzled, but let it slide as he focused back on the current situation. The rest of the squadron had dropped below the storm clouds and each pair of eyes was peering out into the sand and dust trying to get a visual on the fallen Wayfarer, but also being on the alert for any unexpected and harsh surprises. The weather was bad enough that they could barely see anything around them and as a result they now were flying closer to the planet’s surface than they might’ve liked.

“Oops, rock formation at 12 o’clock get some altitude as soon as possible.” Tomas ordered as he himself pulled up slightly to avoid the outcropping. Oops followed suit, though he left a little less comfort room, barely getting up and over the peaks.

“I’ve got systems shutting down, Viper Lead!” Oops reported in a calm fashion. “Nothing critical, some dust must’ve gotten inside during that last maneuver. I’m good to go,” he continued after a brief pause.

“Negative, get into orbit and return to the Suspense. I’m not risking anyone for the success of this mission.”

OOC:
541 words.

Note: I do not intend for us to come along anything hostile. Feel free to write about visibility, rocks/sand dunes/cliffs you encounter (perhaps some unexpected big pesky lizard should you get too to the surface), problems the sand is having with your fighters, etc. Feel free to continue to do character development as well...keep up the good work guys.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet n00b

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  1563
December 3, 2007 6:45:36 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram had decided that he hated sand. A lot. The conditions were terrible here. Almost as soon as Ibram had entered orbit with the rest of his flight, his viewport had been blocked by sand. He had almost crashed into Jaden. Almost.

Things were going a little smoother now. The rescue shuttle had found them, and the entire squadron had descended to a lower altitude were visibility is clearer. Although that didn’t stop him from nearly crashing into Jaden a second time, or Viper 9.

“What the frak is wrong with you newbie?” Jaden asked him. “Yeh watch it!” Said Nine.

“Sorry sir!” Ibram was busy wrestling with his controls. “The sand is gakking up the atmospherics, I’m jerking around like a belly dancer!”

“Except you’re not even half has pretty.” Jaden teased. “With respect sir, shut up!” Ibram retorted. He tried dialing down the yoke sensitivity, and reduced speed. That seemed to do it. “My mechanic warned me that the controls may be dodgy.” Ibram said. “I’m surprised such a prestigious squadron uses such old fighters.”

“It’s not the tool that matters kid.” Jaden was saying. “But the man behind the tool. We’re the best there is, and we don’t need no fancy TIE Defender or some flashy new prototype.”

“….You don’t believe a word of that, do you sir?” Ibram teased. “No, but it sounds good. The VE is going through tough times, kid, enemies are everywhere, and resources are tight, we take what we get, and we make do. That’s the mark of a real pilot.”

The mark of a real pilot… sounds like my dad.

Ibram still remembered the day when his father, Gabriel Tyrol, had given him his first flying lesson in a starfighter at 15.

“Listen up Vipers, we’re closing in on the signal, keep your eyes peeled, and stay sharp.”

"Lets hope there’s something left to find." Ibram mused
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Senior Crewman Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron
We fly, you die
-----------------------------------

FM/SCRW Tyrol/Viper 8/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/=*A*=
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  340
December 3, 2007 9:44:28 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
* Aboard the Wayfarer Delta, Present Time *

Telok stood on the bridge, as the last conscious officer on it. He had planned a mutiny to get command, but now it seemed that it would not be necessary. The ship was drying, the storms were getting worse. It seemed that the world would be ending for the Delta; they would die here buried alive.

He heard something and looked over to see the ships XO, Commander Kahn, with an oxygen mask standing with a live grenade in one hand and a pistol in the other.

“You just couldn’t leave well enough alone, we could have been successful. We could have had power, money, an empire of our own. If you would not have kept sneaking around we could have been successful. It was not our plan to stay here, but you and to keep snooping around so now we shall. There are remote detonators that were planted around the ship by the Mechanic before he left. As they detonated, they stranded us here, so now … see what you have done. Though I shall not remain, you shall remain here, buried alive.” Kahn said as he dropped the grenade, incinerating himself and throwing Telok back, Kahn was dead instantly. Telok after being disoriented stood up; he looked over and say what Kahn did.

“Frak, you bastard.” He said as he looked around. He then noticed that his helmet visor cracked, leaking air and pressure. He looked at what was left of Kahn.

He then walked over to where the XO had his post. He found a Data pad sitting on the seat at the console. He looked at it, and then placed it on the ground. He then picked up Kahn’s Pistol and shot the data pad, destroying it and all of its contents. No one but Telok knew what was on that data pad, and he wanted it to remain that way.

OOC:
321 words
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited December 3, 2007 9:45:17 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  343
December 4, 2007 10:50:19 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
* Aboard the Wayfarer Class Medium Transport ‘Delta’, Present Time *

Telok walked out of the Bridge across the remnants of the delta. It was not what he expected; it almost looked like a cave. Pistol in hand he carefully walked down the halls until he found the cargo bay. As he entered the cargo bay, he heard a loud noise, a familiar noise. The Screech of a Twin Ion Engine making a sharp turn. It was a noise that even a small child knew; it was a noise that brought either hope or fear. He then walked over to the cargo bay doors leading to the hanger. He stopped for a second and looked at the door control console, checking for air and pressure. The Console read:
>>Pressure: Nominal
>>Air Supply (O2): Thin to Nominal
>>Access Restricted to Personal with Security Clearance.

“Security Clearance? What Clearance!” he yelled to himself.

He then took out a Data pad and cable, and connected it to the console, and he began to make changed to its settings; doing this allowed him access to the hanger bays.

* Viper 5, Viper Squadron Executive Officer and Flight Three Leader *

“Flight, keep an eye out for anything that looks like a ship.” C-3PX2 said.

He then received a confirmation from the members of the flight.

“Five, this is Seven. I have a metallic at my 9 o’clock. Requesting Orders.” Viper Seven Said.

“Affirmative, Flight change course to that object” C-3PX2 said.

He then changed channels on the comm. to a line with Viper Lead.

“Lead, Five; we have got a metallic object one click west of our flight, we are going to investigate.” C-3PX2 said.

“Copy, you should be in range of the object soon. Notify me of your findings.” Tomas said.

The flight changed their course to go towards the object; they flew directly at it not knowing what would be there. They were highly disappointed, but at the same time excited.

“Lead, Five; we have part of the Delta, but this piece broke off the ship. Repeat we have confirmation of Delta Crash, but no ship.” C-3PX2 said.

“Roger, Five; Continue Sweep of area.” Tomas Said.

OOC:
364 Words
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1421
December 4, 2007 11:47:35 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
The debris that was found from the Delta gave the pilots the motivation they needed to continue on their hunt for the Transport that seemed to have vanished just outside of the planet Osigao-Phi's surface.  The squadron stayed in tight formation as they drew themselves away from the area they had just searched, only to find that there was just more miles, and miles of the dust they had been searching through previously.

It wasn't until nearly an hour later that another reading was brought up from transport 2249-Echo, and this time it looked like something promising.  The metallic readings were much higher than earlier, and some sort of heat source had been picked up.  It now needed to be confirmed that the readings were true.

"Long range scans are needing to be confirmed.  Keep the jets burning, we've got to get there was quick as possible," said Tomas, "We must not waste any time in doing this...Who knows what could have happened with the crew already?"

The whole situation seemed to put Jaden in some sort of Trance.  He hadn't payed much attention to the Wayfarer class Transport the entire time during the mission, just because he had much bigger priorities on his mind at that time.  The ship wasn't even connected with his fighter in any way at all, but yet neither was it to any of the other pilots of the squadron.  All of the pilots were on a mad search for something that could be completely lost, but hopes are always high in the Vast Empire Navy.

"Getting closer Cap'" said Jaden, "I'm getting good life form readings.  Possibly two to three signatures...waiting for a valid ship code confirmation"

Seconds passed.

"We have our ship sir," said Jaden, "Wayfarer Class Transport Delta, still in tact."

Hushes and whispers rang out through the com channel as the fighters grew closer to the debris.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 2-3(Viper 7)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  344
December 5, 2007 9:38:48 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
“Lead, this is Echo. We have a problem.” Two-Two-Four-Niner echo said over comm.

“What kind of problem?” Tomas said.

“We are trying to open the hangar doors, and the will not budge, we have no way inside.”

Tomas thought this one through, knowing that a wrong decision here could threaten lives.

“Would we be able to shoot a hole into it for you to get in from?”

“Negative, that could decompress the entire thing. But … you just gave me an idea.”

“What is it?”

“I will explain as we go, Two-Two-Four-Niner Echo moving in.”

The shuttle moved to a position directly on top of the hangar bay area. It slowly lowered itself to have the two hulls meet.

“Alright, we have a hard seal. Opening Shuttle Doors.” Tomas could hear over the comm.

“What are you doing? What doors are opening?” he asked.

“We are going to attempt to use our shuttle as a kind of bypass for an airlock. Opening our doors, and cutting a hole in the hull; making a way in and out without losing pressure.” The shuttle responded.

“Copy, good luck.” He said as he switched channels to the squadron.

“Flight Two, cover the transport at close range. Flights one and three will go long range.” Tomas said.

“Copy that Lead, Providing Cover.” C-3PX2 said.

* Inside the Wayfarer Delta’s Hangar Bay, Present Time *

Telok had gotten inside and resealed the door, he began to remove his helmet when he saw someone running towards him.

“What are you running from?” he asked.

“There are noises on the top of the hull; we think it’s the pirates coming to get us. We need to set-up a defense.” The nervous crewmember said.

“Really… If it is the pirates, then that means that our pilots failed. In addition, that means that we are already dead, seeing as then could just punch a hole in the hull and leave. A Defense is unnecessary.”

“Right … well we shall see what Kahn says when he gets here.”

“Hmm… Well that wont be anytime soon.”

“Why is that?” the crewmember asked.

“Kahn is dead.” Telok said calmly.

“What, how?” the crewmember asked defensively.

“Long story, but for now what is important is that I am in command. We shall take minimum defense. We need to be ready to get out of here though, when the rescue party arrives.”

“Rescue Party? How, if our pilots failed?” the crewmember asked.

There was another loud noise from the hull, one that sounded like a plasma torch burning a hole in the hull of the delta; the crew got into cover.

After a few seconds, there was a loud clank, the clank of the steel hull hitting the hangar deck. The crew watched in horror, as they though Pirates had boarded their ship. Little did they know what had really gotten on.

“Anyone here?” the man in the shadows said.

“Identify yourselves!” Telok said gripping his blaster pistol.

“My name is Chief Petty Officer Char Nobyl, ISD ‘Suspense’, Vast Empire. We are here to get you out of here.”

“How?

“We have attached a shuttle to the hull and are going to put you all into it and then take you to the Suspense.” Char said.

“Alright … for now” Telok said with caution. “All, Stand down.” He ordered as he walked up to Char.

“Who is the commanding officer, I know the Captain was injured. Where is commander Kahn?” Char asked.

“Kahn is dead, I will explain later. Let’s get these people out of here and get the Frak off of this hell.” Telok said as he put his blaster pistol back in his holster.

“Right.” Char said, as he signaled for a ladder.

They began to evacuate the crew of the Delta, leaving behind a tomb for all who died. A hell for all who would find it, and scared memories for all who where inside of it.

OOC:
656 words
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  28
December 6, 2007 5:03:44 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram circled the wreckage, watching the shuttle as it evacuated the crew..

The Delta looked battered and bruised, and what looked like internal explosions had gutted the engines, and the rear sections. “She came down hard,” he said to Jaden.

“No kidding. I’ll be glad when this babysitting duty is over.”

Ibram had to agree with him. As a first mission, it wasn’t exactly thrilling. I guess he could be thankful he made it through it alive. Ibram watched as the rest of the squadron formed up around the crash site. He remembered something.

“One, this is Eight, I just remembered something. The outer airlock was open when we got here. Delta may have launched a recon party, permission to scout around.”

“Permission granted Eight, be careful. Lieutenant, watch his back.” “Copy one.”

Ibram circled round in a widening loop, scanners at the max. “Do you think we’ll find anything kid?” Jaden asked.

“Who knows, but it’s something to do.” Ibram said. 15 meters out, they found a ravine.

“Hmm, I’m getting a faint reading on my scanners. I’m going in the ravine for a closer look. Sir, hold position here.” “Copy that, it’s your show newbie.”

Ibram brought is fighter to a hover, and lowered it into the ravine. Light was poor on the desert planet anyway, but here in the ravine, it was twilight.

“Jadan, can you hear me?” “Loud and clear kid, what do you see?”

“Not much, visibility is poor. I’m nearing the bottom, and the readings are getting slightly stronger.”

Ibram looked around. He could see something flashing just in front of him… it was the search-light from a Imperial Speeder-bike. As his eyes adjusted to the light, the scene emerged before him. Three speeder bikes laid battered and strewn across the floor, one of them had its search light on. Two of the pilots we’re dead, lying in across the floor. A third was still on his speeder, and Ibram could see him breathing.

“Gak! Jaden, get the shuttle over here! We have a survivor!”

OOC:
341 words. I'm just trying to draw this out a bit now. I know it's practically over, but since the competition is still running, might aswell keep posting here until a new mission gets put up.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1426
December 6, 2007 6:13:56 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
"Viper Seven to Transport Two-Two-Four-Nine-Echo, we've trailed the readings we picked up and have discovered what seems to the the remnants of a recon party.  Delta may have sent it out, which is the conclusion I've came to," said Jaden

Tomas chimed back, "And why is that Lieutenant?"

Jaden laughed to himself while queuing the microphone on his headset.

"Because there's still someone down in that ravine that's alive.  I've got life form readings, and I can see their breath from my own view port," said Jaden, "I repeat, there is a survivor in that ravine."

A few seconds later the squadron commander came back with his reply.

"The Transport shuttle is going to make it's way over there.  The crew seems to know something about it, so we're going to go on that.  Keep your formations in good shape and stick with eachother.  We are still in unknown airspace, and there is still some possibility of a threat," said Tomas, "Make sure to keep your noses in the air.  There just might be more to Osigao-Phi than we had hoped." 

Jaden brought the fighter up out of the ravine, making a circle around to enter it again.  Ibram followed close, but there was no need for a tight formation.  There were no threats at this point.  The TIE now had begun to show some of the repercussion's it was suffering; the fight had been a long and hard one.  The middle-aged pilot eased the TIE back into the moderately wide ravine, attempting to make a second, closer pass at the survivor in the bottom.  There was no chance of slowing down any more than he had without ruining something on the fighter.  Just as he began to pull out, the image of a space marine on top of a speeder bike peered into his vision, but just for a couple of seconds.  He was now definetly sure that there was a pilot in there, and that the person had probably been there for hours on end, wondering if anyone would ever come help.

Just nearly a minute later, the Transport was hovering over the Ravine, slowly dropping as as low as possible.  Jaden watched as a hatch slid open on the bottom and two people repelled down a rope to the marine.  They were both wearing oxygen masks and a lot of clothing.  The temperature on the planet was starting to drop for some reason, and they knew it.  Jaden watched closely as the rescuers helped the marine off of the speeder bike and into their arms.  He couldn't tell very well, but it looked like the body was stiff.

The Transport was now going the opposite direction, back towards the rendevous point that had been used earlier.  Viper Squadron followed, and the mission had been some what of a success.  Wayfarer Delta had been found, though, not with the entire crew in-tact.  Jaden could only think to himself that the large number that was lost was from more than just a recon mission.  He had heard a rumor already that there we're blaster burns and grenade residue spread all through the bridge, which brought mutiny to mind.

I'd never go as low as something like that, and if I knew a crew of mine was going to try to pull something like that on me?

Pssshhh....They would never know what hit them.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 2-3(Viper 7)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[BWC][SWC][GWC][LoM]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Novice

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  30
December 6, 2007 2:16:22 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Mutiny

The rumour had spread through-out the squadron like wildfire. The crew had, or had attempted to, mutiny against the officer in charge. Ibram had only been in active service a few weeks, but even he knew that it was wrong. People get shot for that.

He opened up a private channel to Jaden. “Sir…do you think it’s true?”

There was a brief pause. “Who knows kid, but it’s not our problem. All we’re here to do is escort them home. The Fleet will handle the rest.”

“….yes sir.”

Ibram and Jaden we’re bring up the rear of the “convoy”. Third flight were flying close escort on the shuttle, and the CO’s flight we’re leading the way. 3PX and his wingman we’re on the flanks.

As the squadron cruised slowly back to the rendezvous point, Ibram couldn’t help but think of a story his uncle had told him once, about  the aftermath of the Battle of Endor….

----------------------------------

With the Emperor dead, the Imperial fleet beaten, and Rebel forces running amuck through Imperial space, dissent and fear spread through-out the galactic Empire. Some systems allied themselves with the rebel forces, some chose a neutral stance. Others simply rebelled against the Imperial government on the planet. Before the Empire started fracturing, it was decided that the Moff’s and Governors should do whatever they could to keep their worlds in line. Some succeeded, some didn’t 

The shipyards at Yaga Minor had been put into over drive for the past few years by this point, and the workers we’re becoming tired. Moff Kurlen Flennic had been given his position by the Emperor himself, and he wasn’t about to let the Emperor down, even in death.

When news of the Empires defeat broke, unrest grew amongst the workers: the empire had been defeated, why should they continue working at overdrive? Why should they continue working at all? Strikes began to take place all over the shipyards.

Upon hearing this, Moff Flennic initiated the ultimate response. He sent in his Imperial Garrison, and ordered them to kill anyone who would not go back to work. It was a massacre.

One of the bloodiest engagements took place in what was known as “Bay 23-Alpha.” Once the workers realised what the Imperial Garrison was doing, they armed themselves, and what started off as a massacre escalated into a bloody war between the two sides.

A group of workers we’re held up in Bay-23 Alpha, along with their friends and family. Some had taken up positions around the bay, and others we’re inside one of the Carrack-class cruisers currently under construction, trying to bring the weapons online.

The task of clearing them out was given to a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers, under the command of a Sergeant Daniel Tyrol. The squad made short work of the workers out in the open, cutting them down in a hail of fire. This caused those inside to stop what they we’re doing, and go help the defenders.

Casualties were high, with the workers losing a lot of people. Sergeant Tyrol had only lost a few, but since his unit was so small, he was unable to press the attack, so a stalemate ensued. Eventually, Sergeant Tyrol was ordered to evacuate the bay. The workers started celebrating, thinking they had won, but that celebration was short-lived, as the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Indigo destroyed the bay with its turbo lasers, incineration everyone.

It later turned out that sergeant Tyrol’s squad was simply being used as a distraction, whilst the Indigo came into range. Sergeant Tyrol was awarded a medal for his work, which he later threw in the bin.

The total estimated death toll amongst the workers was estimated at around 500, along with around 400 women, children, and other non-combatants that had been caught up in the strikes.

As compensation to those who had survived, Moff Flennic decreed that the workers didn’t have to work at overdrive anymore, and that normal working hours would resume.

-------------------------------------------

“Stand by Vipers, we’re nearing the rendezvous point, prepare to break for orbit.”

Ibram checked his equipment one last time, preparing to head back to the Suspense. Apart from those in his old squad, no-one knew that his uncle had been a part of those massacres. Ibram hoped a similar thing wouldn’t happen here.

Otherwise, I’m escorting these survivors to their deaths…..

OOC:
730 words. Please tell me if you think there is something wrong with the canon of this post. The shipyard strikes never officially happened in the EU, but i hope the way i've laid it out makes it feasible.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  345
Total Posts:  553
December 6, 2007 11:59:53 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas watched as the shuttle lowered itself upon the Wayfarer and couldn't help but wonder what the heck they were planning to do. There was mention of shuttle doors opening, and a seal being formed between the two crafts. Looks like they've got everything covered here. We didn't encounter any hostiles on the way in, but better safe than sorry...

“Flight Two, cover the transport at close range. Flights one and three will go long range.” Tomas spoke into the comm.

“Copy that Lead, Providing Cover.” C-3PX2 acknowledged.

"On our way out now, Sir." Strangler said, checking in. The three flights broke up into their separate formations and on to their assigned tasks. Tomas' flight gained some altitude and kicked up the speed a notch in order to get a ways out.

They'd been circling for some time as they waited for the shuttle to complete it's docking procedures. Tomas let out a sigh of relief, there was nothing out here except sand and rock. Several passes had revealed nooks, and crannies, but nothing of any interest. Apparently flight two had had better luck back at ground zero as Jaden and Ibram reported a marine trapped out doing recon. Didn't really get far out did he? Tomas thought to himself, I can't wait to get off this rock.

The rescue mission had gone off without the hitch, well with the exception of the rumours of mutineers aboard the transport. Night was setting in on the planet, and as if the visibility couldn't get any worse on this wretched place it was getting cold too. Tomas was relieved to see the entire go off smoothly including the rapid retrieval of the stranded marine.

"We're all locked up and tucked in, ready to go Viper Lead."

"Copy that Echo. You heard them guys form up on the shuttle and let's get our asses out of this hellhole."

"I dunno, I kind of like it down here. Nice breeze." Mira's voice spoke over the comm. Leave it to her for the wisecrack. The trip back to the Suspense was uneventful. Though the grimy fighters struggled to get back out into the depths of space, they made it and that was the important thing.

** Mission Debriefing **

Tomas stood behind the podium once again, what was this the third time in a matter of a day? He'd have to get used to it though, as he'd be having a lot more briefings in his near future.

“You should all be proud of yourselves...we came together as a relatively new squadron and I daresay we did well. Yes we took a few losses,” Tomas paused for a moment of silence for those that had been lost on the Delta, “we are in the process of recovering a lot of information. Both from those who did survive the Delta's crash, as a number of prisoners from the disabled Carrack Cruiser. We haven't got too much yet, especially not that we're classified to know, but consider this mission a success.” Tomas stopped, and smiled as the pilots let out a short cheer. “Now, you are all dismissed. Who's up for that trip to the cantina Mira seemed so excited about?”...

OOC:
Well done on the story guys, thanks for hanging in at the end. Feel free to keep posting character development on it if you'd like, but keep in mind we will be having our next story starting up real soon (probably tomorrow). Congratulations again guys.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:52:09 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 79  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >