Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse
Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  85
  RE: Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse
November 14, 2007 9:49:21 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Tomas' voice echoed in Mira's ear and she grinned impishly and waited a while, actually a lot longer due to them forming up and attacking the enemy several times. Mira tapped her fingers against the controls and leaned back a little in her seat, there was too little explosions in this fight, she grinned again.

"Viper Eight, what in the hell was that suppose to mean?' Viper Nine asked again during a lull in the battle.

"I haven't been committed yet if that's what you wanted to know," Mira replied in a cool tone as she flipped switches to give her a bigger view of the battle field. The cruiser was floating helplessly in space and the enemy ships were fly around in a confused fashion, complete chaos, Mira's favorite game. "I'm going to go ahead and engage the enemy, we can discuss this more over dinner if you really want to know, just look for the tall, strikingly beautiful blond," Mira chuckled tapping a few more buttons before music with a heavy rhythm and deep bass began to play in her cockpit. Ahh the wonders of knowing about ships and having engineers on your side.

"Wait Viper Eight which enemy?" Tomas practically yelled into the intercom.

"Um, whichever, I'm not picky," Mira replied shrugging even though Tomas couldn't see her. But before she could go chasing off any enemies Rocket, another new person flew into her view, a trail of white behind him and even farther back was two enemy ship. It reminded Mire of pack animals who chose the weakest link and took the creature down as the rest of the herd watched.

'Viper 11, you have two enemy ships on your tail, evasive maneuvers would be the intelligent thing to do until I make them go boom," Mira said taking position behind the ships, "Come on you little bastards come after me," Mira growled shooting at the ship, but limiting herself in fear of hitting Rocket. Finally the two ships broke away from Rocket, Mira made a sharp turn to keep from one from smashing into her. The music blasted in Mira's ears as she cursed out the ships as the flew to avoid them, 'Come on m-ther-f-kers, that's right you can't fly worth a crap when it comes down to it can you!" she yelled forgetting that she was still in a private comlink with Tomas. Spinning her ship around Mira found herself behind one of the ships, took aim and fired, it was a lucky shot the ship sputtered and went spinning out of control into the cruiser, exploding into tiny pieces.

Something slammed into the back of Mira's fighter, slamming her head into the console of the fighter. The control sprayed sparks over the cockpit which Mira quickly put out with vigorous patting and cursing. Warning lights began to beep in her cabin, she had been hit, those bastards had managed to hit her. Seizing the controls Mire turned to ship in time to have the other fighter pass her, and she turned again so they were facing one another.

"Let's play some chicken," Mira murmured as the two ships shot towards each other. Closer and closer they flew to one another until the last moment when Mira shot a missile at the enemy fighter and dived out of the way of the debris.

"Viper Eight, you alright?" Tomas' voice said over the music.

"Yeah, couple sparks that probably made my hair frizz more, I'm low on shields, weapons, and control, any chance we're almost done here?' Mira said sounding tired.
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 14, 2007 9:50:42 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Cadet

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  263
Total Posts:  553
November 14, 2007 10:13:16 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"I haven't been committed yet if that's what you wanted to know...I'm going to go ahead and engage the enemy, we can discuss this more over dinner if you really want to know, just look for the tall, strikingly beautiful blond." What followed was an earful of banter obviously intended for Mira's ears only but had found their way into Tomas' as well. This chick is actually insane, how the hell did she pass the psychology exams? Tomas thought to himself, before rolling his fighter and pulling up on his stick to evade a trailing preybird. He had become a skilled dogfighter in his time with the Navy, but the superior armour and firepower of the opposing fighters had him constantly scanning the space around him for preybirds...it didn't matter which way they were going or he was going, if he could see them it was likely they could quickly get him in their scopes. As a result, he had struggled thus far to get any clean shots on the enemy and had been resigned to setting up his squadronmates to make the kills.

The ISD Suspense had recently arrived providing backup for the embattled Viper Squadron, though had held off any sort of direct attack as there existed too great a risk that they would hit one of their own fighters as they did the preybirds. Accompanied by C-3PX2 and his flight, the TIE Bombers appeared to be making a mess of the Carrack Cruiser according to what little information Tomas' scanners were able to provide for him. More importantly, they had also drawn the attention of three of the remaining preybirds, leaving only three to be torn apart by the remaining Viper pilots.

"Lead, this is Nine; Carrack now on reserve power. Requesting New Orders and Targets." C-3PX2 informed Tomas through the intercom. Nicely done.

"Copy that, Viper Nine...take your flight and focus firepower on those fighters you've got buzzing around. We'll deal with the ones here. We're almost out of this yet..."

Tomas brought his fighter around once again and found himself trailing one of the remaining preybirds. Weaving to prevent the gunner from getting a shot, Tomas was determined to bag one of the pirate scum. With his trigger finger active, he ripped off several shots on the now panicked craft as it attempted to maneuver away. Not on my watch, Tomas thought to himself increasing his speed and altering his trajectory such that he now approached the enemy fighter in a wide spiral. His attacks were continuous as the opposing pilot could no longer predict where Tomas would hit him from next. The preybird was in bad shape, and with a final squeeze of the trigger Tomas lit it up in a bright explosion.

He allowed himself to let out a sigh of relief, but was unable to savour it for long as the intercom exploded with panicked chatter; something about decompression and a sonic mine. Suddenly there was a bright light in the corner of Tomas' eye.

"What the frak was that? Anyone?" Tomas queried the rest of his squadron before checking his scanners to see that Wayfarer Delta was missing from it. "What happened to Delta."

"It's...gone, Sir." One of the other pilots finally responded. Frak...

OOC:
561 words.
Warrant Officer 1st Class 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/WO1 Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV][DSM] [HSA]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Clearly Canadian!
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  325
Total Posts:  619
November 15, 2007 12:42:58 AM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
Inside the Wayfarer Delta, Location Unknown

The Delta came to a fast halt, it had just exited hyperspace; though one thing now lay in their path, their location, it was unknown. The ship was drifting, all that could be seen was a gas giant in the distance, a somewhat neon fireball. The ship was just drifting, floating through space, helpless. Just then, the ship jerked from it floating and started to turn. It had drifted too close to body with a gravitation pull, but an Eclipse, blocking its identity, darkened the area on the celestial body.

The Xo stood stiff as a board on the bridge, not knowing what had happened or where they were.

“Report” the XO said, staring across the bridge.

“Sir, many reported Hull Breaches, One Decompression, twelve casualties, twenty six critical injuries …” the tactical officer began to say before the Xo interrupted him.

“Alright, I get the point. We are Royally Fraked.” The XO said blatantly.

He continued to star across the bridge, as if frozen in shock of what had happened.

“Where is the decompression, still the airlock and living area?” he asked.

“Yes, Sir; Mechanical Crews are working to correct the problem. They should have a Sit-Rep for you soon.” The Tactical officer responded.

“Very good, and what word of the Captain, how is he holding?”

“Sir, the Captain is still listed in critical conditions.” The communications officer said.

The Delta continued its drifting towards the unknown celestial body; little did the Delta’s crew know what would happen to them next.

“Sir, the Sensors just came back online. Short Range, and Internal Only.” The sensor officer said.

“Scan the surrounding, and try to get a fix on where the hell we are.” The XO said.

“Yes, Sir; Scanning now … … … Alright, got the data. Oh Frak me, Sir you need to take a look at this!”

“What is it, where the hell are we?” the Xo said as he looked at the Data “What does it mean?” he asked.

“Sir, we apparently have drifted into the atmosphere of a planet, we are plummeting towards the surface of it. Our Speed is acceleration, I estimate Ground Impact in … Twenty Seconds” the sensor officer said in horror.

“Comm. get me on the horn, full range of ship” the Xo yelled.

“Yes, Sir … … Your connected, Sir.”  The Communications officer said.

“This is the Commander, Brace for Impact!” the XO said as he hung up the line.

Seconds Later, everything went Dark. This is the way it would stay for some time, most of the surviving crew did not even know what they were supposed to brace for Impact from. Though numbers are not known, the casualties were high. The Wayfarer Class Medium Transport ‘Delta’ had landed, fast and hard.

Meanwhile back in the combat zone

Viper Squadron had almost finished their mission, the Transports were found, secured, the pirates were located; all that remained was dealing with them, by delimiting the remaining Preybirds. This was not as easy as it sounded, for the Twin Ion Engine Fighter craft could barely out gun a Preybird, the preybird has it beat all around. Shields, weapon power, speed; the Preybirds were the obvious choice for someone to think as victorious. However, strangely enough Viper had not lost a single pilot, most likely due to the discipline and Flight maneuvers jammed into every new recruit in Flight School.

“What the hell just happened?” C-3PX2 said to himself

Out of nowhere, the Delta had vanished in a bright flash of light. To where was unknown, how it was possible was also unknown. Was it destroyed, or did it somehow escape death? It was unclear what had happened.

'Viper 11, you have two enemy ships on your tail, evasive maneuvers would be the intelligent thing to do until I make them go boom” Viper Eight said over comm.

As the fighter zipped past, it appeared that she was playing Chicken with it, until it inevitably became a pile of space debris.

“Eleven watch you got another one on your six.” C-3PX2 said.

“They must be trying to get him, because of the damage to his fighter.” Jinxzo said.

Rocketman tried everything he could to break off from the Preybird, but it would not leave.

“I can’t shake him!” Rocketman said.

“Eleven, Twelve; Forming on your Five O’clock. Ill see what I can do” Strangler said.

Strangler began to go over to the starboard Aft of Rocketman’s TIE, where the preybird was. He got over, and began to aquire a lock. In the cockpit of the preybird, a solid tone could be hearing, and then suddenly went silent.

“Missile away!” Strangler said.

The missile had locked onto the Preybird; the pilot of the craft knew this was the end. Right before the missile hit, and ejection could be seen.

“Suspense, Three Lead. Hostile Pilot down, recommend a recovery vessel for taking him into custody.” C-3XP2 said to the ISD suspense over comm.

“Copy that, Three Lead. Sending recovery/arrest Shuttle, now.” The ISD Suspense responded.

Wayfarer Class Medium Transport ‘Delta’, on surface of an unknown planet

There again helpless, the Wayfarer sat. Only this time, it was not floating helplessly, but buried helplessly in the dirt. Most of the crew was unconscious at this time, so far, they had been through a lot but it was not over yet. Heavily Damaged sat the ‘Delta’, waiting for a time where it could be discovered in a geological dig, or something of a similar nature. The ship seemed to be doomed to suffer on a desolate planet. The crew slowly began to awaken from their incapacity. They were left with empty minds, ones that do not know what had happened, or where they were. On the bridge, the crew had a little more insight into the situation.

“Status report.” The XO began to say while stumbling up from the ground.

“Unknown, all sensors are down.” The tactical officer said.

All through the ship, there were systems and bulkheads that head received their maximum limit. The hull had buckled on impact, creating breaches along the hull, and some were leaking pressure and oxygen into the Desolate, lifeless world outside.

“Do we have any idea where idea where we are.” The Xo asked.

“Yea, on the surface.” A crew member remarked.

“Negative, Sir; No idea at all. Sensors, Navigation, Communications are all down.” The tactical officer said.

In the hanger bay of the delta, the situation was not any better. People were confused, scared, and did not want to do anything but get back to base, and get some R&R.

“Alright, everyone; common, we need to find out what the Frak is going on.” The Deck chief yelled.

The hanger was empty, for the fighters were all launched during the initial battle. Unknown to the personal in the hanger, they were near meters away from the only exit on the ship. The hanger bay door was the only exit to the ship sticking above the planetary surface. It would be some time before they would manage to find out what had happened. For some time, they hanger personal worked, to convert the hanger into an area for the surviving personal in that area of the ship to live.

Meanwhile back in the combat zone

There were three Preybirds left in the combat zone, which was all that stood in the way of Victory. Three fast, agile, and powerful fighter craft stood between Viper Squadron and their trip home. They were beginning to get tired, and wanted to wrap this battle up, and call this mission a success.

“Viper Five, watch it!” Viper six yelled over comm. as a lone preybird pulled up onto the side of Viper Five, almost if it wanted to look him in the eye.

“This is Six, I got him.” Viper six said as she maneuvered a path towards the Preybird, and then get trigger finger. Just as she was going to fire, the preybird slammed the throttle back, and almost forced Viper Six to ram him. Aleia barely pulled away in time to avoid what could have been death. One she pulled away, the Preybird went back to following Viper Five. Aleia toggled over to missiles, and got into position to aquire a lock. She pasused for a moment, for the fighter was too close to Viper Five. Any missile detonation there would cause damage to a Allied Pilot.

“Five, this is Six. I have a lock, pull out.” She said to Viper five.

“Affermitive, I hope you make this.” Viper Five said as he sharply pulled away.

The moment he began to pull away, she fired the missile. It began to go towards the Preybird.

“I hope so too.” She said. Seconds later, the missile impacted into the hull of the Preybird, making it Two Preybirds Left in combat near Osigao Phi.

OOC:
1485 words; As for the little side plot on the fate of the Delta, no need to post about it yet. Im just toying with the idea, waiting for these lastfew preybirds to have their wings clipped.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
-= Viper Squadron =- : "We Fly, You Die.."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 9 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), [MC2], [MC1] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
TheStrangler
ComNet Novice

TheStrangler

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  46
November 16, 2007 10:44:04 PM    View the profile of TheStrangler 
Two to go, then he could be out of this hunk of junk. The Strangler's mind, instead of being occupied with the dogfight, was occupied by the notion of getting out of this hunk of junk. It was uncomfortable for him, due to his stature. The Interceptors were bad, but the measly TIE Fighters had less room to move around for someone normal sized, no less for someone Strangler-sized.

Rocketman, being the lead for the element, was slightly ahead of Strangler, which would have been protocol anyhow due to the damage taken to his craft. He could see, from his position, the burn marks on the hull of his ship, and the occasional flicker of electrical discharge spark behind it. With every flash, the Strangler's eyes jolted to Rocketman, his squeezing hands ready, at a millisecond's notice, to jolt the control yoke into a yo-yo and aid his companion. Yet perhaps this readiness was what the enemy perceived when he decided to instead engage the Strangler.

The Strangler groaned.

“Viper 11, this is 12, I'm taking fire starboard aft. Bogey on my tail,” the Strangler said to Rocketman.

“Copy that 12. What's your course?” his wingman replied.

“Proceeding with my maneuvers,” Enzadi replied as he felt laser bolts strike into his aft shields, reducing their resolve against further fire. Enzadi's visual scanning pattern took him through the cockpit, and his eyes focused on the tactical viewscreen. The preybird was enclosing, surpassing the engines in the TIE. He scanned the LEDs above the view port, taking notice that the preybird was still not in viable missile range. So, for a short time, he was safe. The Strangler rammed the throttle, inching out all the velocity he could out of the rickety fighter. Unfortunately, it was not enough to bring himself out of the preybird's cannon range, and he was still taking flak aftward. The shields in the aft failed, and a few bolts had struck his right column;shrapnel, bits of burnt metal blasted in front of his view point.

He had no choice now, he pulled the craft into a sharp dive, which the preybird, predictably, followed. He wasn't in a viable cannon range now, yet he was still in danger. Simply put, no matter what, he was in danger from that preybird. Yet Rocketman was smart; he caught onto the ploy fast, and had reduce velocity so that he could pursue the bandit as the bandit pursued the Strangler. And, as a good wingman would, he timed his dive so that he would be in an applicable range to dispatch the preybird summarily.

The preybird, as they descended, was closing on the Strangler. He kept his eyes on the LED display just above his vector, and started to panic as the LED marking “missile lock” flickered on, then off, then on again. He was sweating. He wondered what death would be like. Would it hurt, or would it be a gentle embrace, like mother's love? Time seemed to slow, as if he were savoring the rest of his minutes left conscious and alive. Yet this differential was broken by a repetition of his own words by his wingman.

“Missile away!” he said exuberantly, and the Strangler looked up, regarding the tactical display of the preybird. It was intact, still, for a few seconds, and the indicator LED was now fully on. The Strangler was going to die. It was an inevitability; the preybird would be destroyed, yet so would the Strangler's craft. It would be blown apart too. He would have to eject. And then the preybird could angle its cannons up, and one salvo, and the fibers of the flight suit Enzadi wore would be violated by laser energy. What a horrid way to die, to be threatened with the crushing, vacuuming coldness of space, and then have at least the prospect of rescue stripped away by high energy cannon fire.

But for the Strangler, it would not happen. Not today. The tactical screen went blank, and the LED stopped shining in the dark. The Strangler pulled out of the dive, leveling out and decreasing velocity to allow his wingman to catch up.

Rocketman had pulled through. The sweat could cool, the panic, the specter of imminent demise had been vanquished by a projectile.

“Viper 9, this is Viper 12. One preybird left in the CZ. Let's give 'im Hell!” he said into the comm to C-3PX2, a mischievous tone permeating the statement. He adjusted course to reform with the flight, a smirk pulling up the sides of his mouth, behind his helmet.

OOC:
768 words
FM/PO2 Enzadi Malko/Viper 3-12/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[SoA][BRC]

VIPER SQUADRON

WE FLY, YOU DIE
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited November 16, 2007 10:49:27 PM)]
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited November 16, 2007 10:53:45 PM)]
Rocketman1167
ComNet n00b

Rocketman1167

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  10
Total Posts:  533
November 17, 2007 8:27:06 PM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
Alright not bad all we gotta do is kill on more and that’s the end of that. Let me see am I in the condition to go and kill it. Shields green, lasers green, engines yellow, and oxygen is stable I think I will be able to take this guy.

Opens a private channel to Viper 12
Viper 11 to Viper 12
“Yes Rocket”
“On me I am going in for that last fighter, if I get hit pretty bad and can’t make the kill you take it okay.”
“Alright Rocket”

I pulled up by my wingmate, and went to find that last fighter. I find it only a few minutes. I start to chase after him.

“Strangler”
“Yeah”
“Hang back okay I think I can get this guy before he gets me alright.”
“Copy”

Now that that’s taken care off I can focus on this dame fighter.
I pulled behind him, but the he begins to try to do a u turn to try to get behind me, but I countered this by keeping up with him. I try to take a lock on him but he keeps weaving in and out of my missile rang.

Dame if only I could get a good lock on him than I would be able to end this now, oh well I guess I will have to hit him with lasers.
I punch up the throttle to catch up to him so I can end this as fast as I can. I catch up to the little weaver I start to hit with all of lasers that I can get on to him. After a few seconds I see that I punched though his hull and that he is ejecting.

“Viper 11 to all Vipers last fighter is down I repeat last fighter is down.”

OOC:
I hope this is a good post for the last fighters death. 303 words need to think more about my posts though.
FM/LCR Rocketman/Viper 3-11/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)
[This message has been edited by Rocketman (edited November 17, 2007 8:29:22 PM)]
Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  6
November 18, 2007 2:24:17 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Mira had gotten tired of the battle about ten minutes prior and had her fighter on autopilot to do a small circle over and over, while she had open her datapad and was playing one of the games in it.

"Stupid dog game, they do give you a sack to drown the little pieces of crap when they get annoying," she said tapping on the screen with the electronic pen to make the dog eat, "That's right eat your food, sleep, and be in peace, for in the morning I'm getting a ZBox360 installed in the ships!" Mira added her voice raising before she settled back into her seat. She looked up at the sight of another explosion, "The squad has it," she said and went back to her game.

"All enemy birds have been eliminated," the com announced and Mira put away her game and took her ship off of autopilot and rejoined Viper.

"Bout time," Mira murmured darkly, before replying into the comlink, "I don't know about you guys, but there's a new club I've been hankering to go to, I'll buy you guys a drink if you decide to come along," she said chuckling, "Consider it one of those moral, team coming together whatcha ma callits."

"Viper Eight, you're making us really question your sanity..." CWO Dagoram spoke up follow by a few laughs from the rest of the pilots.

Mire rolled her eyes, "Rather be insane for this type of work then sane," she answered back biting one of her names, he had a nice voice, "If you want to be boring then don't come, stay home and yank yourself, all alone, at least the rest of us will be out having fun. Misery is best fixed by a crowded room, boozes, and sexy members of the opposite sex."

"Viper Eight, I'm going to have to speak to you after this mission," CWO Dagoram replied over a private comlink.

"Sure thing, SIR, just look for the tall, blond, with blue eyes and you've got your girl," Mira replied with an impish smile.
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 18, 2007 2:25:13 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Cadet

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  275
November 18, 2007 2:43:26 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"Viper 11 to all Vipers last fighter is down I repeat last fighter is down." Tomas heard over the comm and let out a sigh of relief before re-transmitting:

"That's it guys, well done." Tomas announced making one last check to confirm that they had escaped the conflict without a single loss to his squadron. This was extremely relieving for the new Squadron Commander considering the trials he had been through as a flight lead for Nazgul. Looking out his viewport, Tomas saw the star destroyer making its way towards the nearby asteroid field. With the preybirds off the board, and the Carrack cruiser floating blind and dead it was time to bring the fight to the pirates' home.

"I don't know about you guys, but there's a new club I've been hankering to go to, I'll buy you guys a drink if you decide to come along," remarked Mira, the new and increasingly frustrating pilot, "Consider it one of those moral, team coming together whatcha ma callits..."

"Viper Eight, you're making us really question your sanity..." Tomas  spoke up almost immediately in attempt to cut her off. He could hear a number of the pilots stifling laughs on the other end. As he expected, Mira wasn't done:

"Rather be insane for this type of work then sane. If you want to be boring then don't come, stay home and yank yourself, all alone, at least the rest of us will be out having fun. Misery is best fixed by a crowded room, boozes, and sexy members of the opposite sex." That's it she's crossed the line..., Tomas thought to himself before switching over to a private channel:

"Viper Eight, I'm going to have to speak to you after this mission."

"Sure thing, SIR, just look for the tall, blond, with blue eyes and you've got your girl." Tomas had had enough of this and switched back to the squadron channel: “Alright Vipers, form up it's time to provide the pirates with a bit of home renovation.” Tomas thought it probable Mira was muttering in her cockpit that they weren't quite done yet and he couldn't help but smile as a result.

With the remaining transports docked on the star destroyer, Viper Squadron escorted the capital ship in an ominous approach on the asteroid field. They had just passed the threshold, with the Suspense blasting many of the rocks that poised a threat when a short distance away a series of explosions could be seen, followed by a massive one whose shockwave produced slight tremors within Tomas' fighter. More explosions from surrounding asteroids started to cause instability in the area.

Suspense, this is Viper Lead looks like they didn't want any company. It's getting a little too crazy in here, permission to pull out.”

“Permission granted, Viper Lead. We'll be right behind you.” And with that Tomas, along with the rest of Viper Squadron broke in uniform fashion and made their way out of the debris. With the pirates self-destructing the asteroid base, there wasn't much else for the TIEs to do. Once he had guided his fighter into the ISD's fighter racks, Tomas immediately sought out those in charge.

“Sir, any idea what happened to Wayfarer Delta?” Tomas questioned the officer.

“We're doing all we can, but at the moment we have no idea. They made a hyperspace jump, but beyond that that's all we've got.”

OOC:
575 words.

This isn't the end of the story, but feel free to do some character development for a bit. There's one last part of the story that will be wrapped up.
Warrant Officer 1st Class 'Tomas' Dagoram
SC/WO1 Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV][DSM] [HSA]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  39
Total Posts:  119
November 18, 2007 9:40:57 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Aleia sighed as she took off her helmet and placed it to the side before climbing out of her ship. Hopping out she bent her knees and let gravity do the rest. Cool air brushed her skin as she placed her right foot down and stood back up.

With a Yawn the young women looked around the hanger. Watching as others themselves got out of their own fighters and began mingling with everyone. Aleia, being new didn't really know anyone and biting her lower lip she moved around to check her fighter for a moment. Emerald eyes briskly checking everything to make a note for repairs if need be later.

Thus far she hadn't found anything worth noting but would anyway when she took her hands up to tighten her pony tail back to he head. Grimacing as a few hairs pulled out before she walked over towards where everyone was at. Aleia's boots tapped gently on the floor. She was careful not to take direct eye contact with anyone and headed on over towards a set of crates to lean on.

Best way is to watch and see how they all react.

She thought to herself. Knowing from past experience that it was better to know how one acted then to make a stupid mistake and start a fight. Rolling her eyes she looked down her left sleeve and brushed off a hair before snapping her head back up.
TheStrangler
ComNet Novice

TheStrangler

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  36
November 18, 2007 10:14:01 PM    View the profile of TheStrangler 
Landing in the racks back on the ISD he had come into the sector on was rougher than taking off had been. His ship had taken lots of flak, and it was difficult to steer. Hell, with all the damage the aft had taken, it would be a wonder if the exit port would open. He guided it, behind C-3PX2 and Tomas' lead, back to dock, and tried to open the hatch.

The Strangler tried again to open the hatch. The servos were working, he could hear it, yet the door, as he had feared, had been welded shut by the laser cannon fire taken to the TIE Fighter. This wasn't funny. He tried the hatch again, but with no luck. And again. And again. And again. But it wouldn't budge. He would eject; that was too risky. He could break his neck and blow up something if he impacted hard enough.

So he started to beat on the door, with his fist.  Clang, clang, thud thud thud, clang clang. Some greasemonkey, an on-ship repairman, came to answer his thuds. Enzadi took his helmet off, and starting mouthing “The hatch won't open!” to the man. He scratched his head in reply. The Strangler sighed, perturbed. He thought fast, and breathed on the glass of the view port, fogging it. He wrote “IM STUCK” and looked for the repairman's reaction. He ran off, and a minute later returned, accompanied by some droid, which made it's way to the aft hatch and began to cut through the melted metal. The Strangler backed himself as far away as his girth would allow from the hatch, which was beginning to be cut through by the energy torch.

Enzadi glanced outside the view port, and saw that a few people were gathered, and that one woman, a very short, pretty one, was leading the crowd in a bit of laughter. At his expense. But he put that out of his mind at that moment and focused on not moving, and avoiding getting his arm cut off by a silly droid. The white hot metal was in a semicircle, cutting away the fused hatch. The white was tracing around, growing larger, and larger.  He glanced again to the crowd, and noticed that it encompassed the whole of Viper Squadron, and some bemused mechanics.

Wonderful, Enzadi thought. First day with a new squadron and I'm already the class clown. Great. The Strangler sighed, audibly, and contained the painful waiting for his release. It was almost upon him. The ring of white hot metal was almost complete, and he wondered if they were just going to cut away the hatch and reattach it later, after repairing the rest of the fighter. The ring was complete, and for the second time in minutes his rather sardonic predictions had come to pass. The hatch, and some of the surrounding chassis, fell away with a great clang, and the grease monkey's droid was spraying coolant on the white ring, to allow the Strangler to exit without melting the sole of his boot to the accursed Fighter. The Strangler stepped up after the droid was finished, and rubbed the ice that had formed a bit.

Hopping down deftly, the Strangler, trying to act nonchalant about being stuck in his Tie, crumpled on one leg, making himself look like a complete ass. He sprung up, and regarded the crowd, which was just Viper Squadron now. He smirked lopsidedly, and stiffening in mock military discipline, he shouted, like a newbie, “Enzadi Malko reporting for duty!”, earning laughs from some of the more seasoned Squadron members, and a nervous chuckle for some of the less new ones. The pack broke, making for whatever-had-to-be done, yet some were slower to break up than others. One to remain was the short woman who had been laughing at him from behind the glass. Or like he was on display. The Strangler continued to look, before realizing that he was staring. She regarded him with a bit of a gruff look.

“Got a problem, pal?” She asked him, her hands on her hips.

The Strangler's reply came in a pseudo-falsetto voice, “No! No problem!”, which earned another chuckle, this time in unison with him, from the woman. She had a certain seductive edge to her, and she had looks to back that edge up, but they were, perhaps, a bit outset among her short stature. The Strangler rolled his neck around, to get the kinks out of it from looking at her. She re-engaged him in conversation.

“So, what's with “The Strangler”? Weird nickname. Got some kinda past you wanna hint to people?” the woman asked. Enzadi chuckled.

“Nah. I just have really strong hands,” he replied, as his right hand closed up, pinky to ring to middle to index to thumb.

“Gotcha then,” she said, walking past him, perhaps bored with his conversation. Oh well. Enzadi wasn't really good at talking to girls, women. He had always hung with guys more anyhow. He scratched his head, blinked hard a few times, then put one foot in front of the other to follow the tide of the rest of the squadron.

OOC:
871 words
FL/CPO Enzadi Malko/Viper 3-9/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[SoA][BRC]

VIPER SQUADRON

WE FLY, YOU DIE
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1389
Total Posts:  1963
November 18, 2007 10:59:23 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden stood back from the fighter, appreciating its wounds from the battle that had just been survived.  The TIE fighter, standard model, wasn't a class that Jaden was very fond of, but it alas, it had kept up with his piloting skill thus far.

Jaden took a moment to walk past the fighter and give it a sort of sentimental "Thank You" rub before he headed out of the hanger.  On the way out he spotted a crowd of younger pilots in the squadron watching as one of the newest recruits attempted to carry himself out of the fighter after it had been pried open.  The squadron members seemed to stick out to Jaden in a memory.  He began to remember the times of when he had joined the Navy and all the fun he had experienced.  Viper Squadron.  He had seen its beginning, end, and now its rebirth.

The grizzled man made himself as unnoticable as possible as he exited the hanger, not wanting any of the new recruits to tag along and ask him more stories.  He had had too many experiences involving alcohol and stories to younger pilots to have wanted to deal with that after a grueling mission.

On the way back to the barracks, Jaden couldn't help but try to count the number of missions he had flown through and survived.  The numbers began to reach from his hands to his toes, and before he knew it he couldn't keep track anymore.  The man couldn't help but to feel blessed for the things that had happened to him thus far.

Jaden threw his hair back as he entered the barracks.  He scanned his area for his pack of cigarettes.  The anticipation for one had been killing him the entire flight.  He hadn't realized until this point now that he was terribly addicted to the things.  But he shoved the thoughts back down inside and lit up another one, taking quick drags to get it started.

This Squadron...I don't think yet that the pilots have realized what grounds they are walking on.  I think to myself that maybe I'm making a big deal about the whole traditionalism within the squadron thing, but then again, I do have the right, seeing as I am one of the only members within the Navy that have actually served within the ranks.

Jaden laid back on the bed, staring up into the blank ceiling.  The smoke from the cigarette slowly filled his lungs and exited them just as quickly.  He was too strung out to care about how much he had been smoking lately, but it was one of the only things that had been driving him lately, giving him what little time he had to himself.  The thought of not having another addiction besides flying nearly through him into insanity.

The pilot hadn't really talked to anyone within the squadron besides Tomas for a while, and he really had no desire to.  Thoughts of getting too attached to a member and having to deal with the burden of their deaths on his shoulders drove him from wanting to start a relationship with anyone that wouldn't mean much to him in the long run.

After finishing up the small relaxing time he had experienced, Jaden changed his clothes and headed over to the local cantina aboard the ship.  He only hoped that he would be able to find some sort of restitution before he would be called back into action.

The wonderful life of a naval pilot.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

-----------------------------------------------------------
FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 1-3(Viper 3)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  119
November 20, 2007 12:59:22 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
When nothing of interest happened Aleia grew bored and walked out of the hanger. Her feet tapping almost silently against the polished floor as she made a brisk walk back to her room.

"All the comforts of home.." She muttered, as she began to strip off her flight suit and toss it over the edge of her desk. Had it fallen she wouldn't bother to pick it up until later. Thankfully, under the suit she had learned to wear PT gear of her choice. The black and blue shorts and matching top hugged her form as she moved across to her closet and began to rummage threw it for something to wear.

Now was thew time for her to open up and relax before things started to get hot once more. Aleia smiled, reaching for her black boots. Shitkickiers as she remebered them being called once. Placing them tot he side she drew out a pair of black pants and a dark blue with silver trimmed sleeve shirt. Quickly dressing she then let her hair fall loose and lay against her shoulders before she headed out of her room.

There wasn't that many places to go on the ship for much of anything and thus she headed down towards the one hangout that most if not all the pilots would end up being at.

The canting wasn't that great of a place. Yet it had a few of her favorite drinks and the music wasn't always bad. She was greeted by the light mix of music from a band that was at the moment popular in the galaxy. Blinking her green eyes to adjust to the light or slightly lack of she walked in and noted that it wasn't that busy but there were others in the room.

At least it's not a mass of tightly pressed bodies..

She thought to herself before making her way casually towards the bar. The barkeep there was of course cleaning what seemed to always be the same glass over and over. He gave her a small nod and smile before walking up to her.

"What can I get for you?" He asked while placing the glass down with a light tap on the counter.

"Just an Ale." She replied back. Reaching down to her belt and taking out a IC. Tossing it to him it was more then enough for what she wanted and then some. He smiled and hurried off as Aleia straightened her back. The vertebrae popping back in place as she added a stifled yawn.

Lord I hope this isn't the start of a boring time.. I so don't need to sleep right now..

She thought as the man returned with her drink. Nodding her head, Aleia thanked him and took the cool drink to her lips. Sipping on it at first before she let in a mouthful and savored the flavor as it almost seemed to burn going down her throat.
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  327
November 20, 2007 9:57:50 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
“Attention, All Viper Squadron report to Briefing Room Echo for Mission Debriefing.” The communications officer of the Imperial Star Destroyer Suspense said over the comm.

The Pilots of the Vast Empire Imperial Navy’s Viper Squadron made their way to the briefing room. In the center of the room was a holo-display. It showed a display of Osiago Phi and the surrounding area. A Uniformed Officer stepped up onto a platform to begin. The Pilots stud up and at attention.

“At Ease, Pilots.” The Man said to them, “Welcome onboard the Suspense. You did a hell of a job out there, better than was expected. All of the Bulk Freighters have been recovered, and the supplies onboard have been retaken. You managed to save passengers also. About Thirty percent of the passengers survived the conflict.” He then looked across the room. “I now turn this briefing over to your squadron commander, Chief Warrant Officer Tomas.”

Tomas stood up and walked over to the podium, as he did C-3PX2 raised his hand. “Sir, I have a question. You just said this is a Briefing, shouldn’t this be a debriefing?”

“Actually no, there is no mistake there. I shall let Tomas explain it though.” The Officer said as he sat down.

“Alright,” Tomas began to say, “As he said, you all did an excellent job. Unfortunately, we are not done just yet. During the battle, we lost contact with the ship designated as ‘Delta’. It was unknown what had happened to it until just before this briefing.” Tomas said as he looked across the room, seeing a squadron that in such short time had formed from a group of mixed squadron pilots, and changed it into one squadron of pilots with various skill levels.

Tomas pressed a button on the keypad infront of him, changing the holo-display to a direct view of the planet, Osiago Phi.

“Recently, we received a short tone over comm. and were unaware what it was. Originally, we expected that it was a pirate base. We began to scan it only to find that it was nothing that we expected.” He said as he pressed another button

The view changed to the specs on a Wayfarer and magnified the section showing tracer beacon tone.

“After review, it was found that the tone was from a wayfarer transport. Our hope is that it is the delta, and beyond this, there is good and bad news. We will start with the good news.” He said as he again pressed a button.

The view changed to a view of the squadron’s newly edited roster.

“The roster has undergone changes, this due to a few of our pilots being restricted to the medical bay until released. You are to fly under these new changes once we leave.” He pressed another button, taking the view back to the planet’s surface. “The bad news, we only have an estimate on where the transport is. We do not know exactly where it is, or in what condition it is in. In addition, we have no data on any hostile forces in the area.” He said as he stepped back. The Officer stepped up.

“That’s where you all come in,” the officer said, “your job is to locate the transport, and cover shuttles that will be on a rescue mission, and then cover the shuttles while they evacuate the area. Destruction of the Wayfarer is on an as needed basis only. If we cannot wipe its memory banks, and disable its power core, we will need to destroy it.”

“Any questions?” Tomas asked.

Strangler raised his hand, “Sir, when do we need to begin preflight?”

“You will have one hour after this meeting to get ready, and then you need to report to hangar bay Bravo.” Tomas answered.

Then Hellkite raised his hand, “Sir, what are we flying? Are we just still using the regular TIEs?”

“Yes, there is only a limited amount of bombers and interceptors onboard this ISD and we are not permitted to use them. We will be flying the same TIEs that we flew before. Any other questions?” Tomas said, no one raised their hands. “Good, as you leave take the data pads at the door. They have the mission data, and will contact you to notify you of any changed in the mission.” Tomas said, and then he walked away and sat down. The Officer walked up and said, “If no one has anything else, Dismissed.”
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : that you can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), [MC2], [MC1] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Tomas
ComNet Cadet

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  283
November 21, 2007 9:08:23 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
** Before the Briefing **

Immediately following his boarding of the star destroyer, Tomas had sought out a means to get in contact with the person in charge of the ship. On most of his previous missions, Tomas had made sure to study up on exactly what and who he was dealing with whether it was the enemy, the environment or the people who could potentially be responsible for bailing him and his squadron out of trouble. For whatever the reason though, the latter had not come up in his studies and he now stood at the communications unit with a rather vague idea of who he was trying to reach. In the end, this had caused a short delay in his achieving the objective, as he eventually resigned to contacting the communications operator and having the peppy voice on the other end connect him to the proper channel.

“Ah, Mr. Dagoram it's a pleasure. Commander Shodon speaking, anything I can do for you?” a voice spoke over the other end. The calm and friendly tone of the Commander threw Tomas off momentarily. Many of the senior officers he had had the privilege to meet during his service had been calculating and wordy; they had come off stuffy and almost robotic. This on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise.

“Greetings Commander, Sir, I was wondering if there is any idea as to what happened to Wayfarer Delta?” Tomas replied once he had recovered from the shock.

“We're doing all we can, but at the moment we haven't come up with anything. They made a hyperspace jump we know that much, but beyond that we haven't got much else. You're welcome to join us up here, perhaps share your view of the incident. It may end up helping to point us where to look.”

As a result, Tomas now stood observing the many communications personnel working diligently in an attempt to find out what had happened to the Wayfarer Delta. He had never actually been on the bridge of a star destroyer before now, and the sight before him left him amazed. Every crew member worked with his mates in such an organized and methodical manner that it seemed as though they were one entity in and of themselves. Each step in their search was efficiently performed and the results passed on seamlessly so that the rest of the team knew where to look next. Tomas had been hesitant to come here at first, but now that he was here he was thankful for such a rare opportunity.

“Commander,” one of the officers suddenly spoke up, “we're picking up some sort of communique over the comm. It appears to be a brief repeating tone, Sir.”

“Any idea where it is coming from, Lieutentant?” Commander Shodon replied.

“No sir, it may just be a remnant of the self destruct sequence from the pirate base.” the officer answered.

“Track it down Lieutenant, this may very well be the clue we've been hoping for.” The officer saluted the Commander with an obedient 'Yes, Sir' as Tomas watched from a distance. He couldn't help but hope that this new news would lead them to the Delta's whereabouts.

It took a fair amount of time, but the search slowly and surely focused in on the transmissions location only to come upon a dead end. It was identified as the Delta and seemed to come from the planet's surface, but beyond that they could not get anything further. Sandstorms seemed to cover a majority of the ground below.

“Chief Warrant Officer Tomas, we've got another assignment for you and your squadron.” The Commander said, addressing the young Squadron Commander...

** In the Briefing Room **

Tomas sat in his designated seat behind and to the left of the podium. As the officer addressed the squadron, Tomas looked out at the small crowd. There were slightly more pilots than just his squadron involved as the Star Destroyer's support craft had also been assigned to the rescue mission. He had been in such a rush to get information on the Delta that he had forgotten he owed Mira a strict talking to regarding her attitude out on the mission. Scanning the faces of the audience, Tomas did not initially see any blonde haired women before spotting one off to the side of the room.

As his second briefing to the squadron, there was still some nerves involved as Tomas delivered the game plan. It wasn't going to be easy, as the surface of the planet was riddled with storms, though their actual intensity would remain unknown until they entered the atmosphere.

As he brought the briefing to a close, Tomas became engaged in a conversation with the superior officer while many of the pilots dispersed. As Mira left the briefing room, Tomas excused himself from the officer and followed her out the door.

“Mira? Crewman O'Riley!?!” when the pilot did not respond, Tomas quickened his pace and nudged her on the shoulder. “Crewman O'Riley, may I speak with you a moment?” The woman turned and simply looked blankly at Tomas.

“Mira? Sir, what are you talking about? I think you have the wrong person.” Tomas turned beet red as he apologized. From behind him came a short laugh, followed by a female voice:

“You've gotta stop hitting on every lass you meet”, the mysterious woman said. As Tomas turned he saw a woman with dark brown hair done up in braids. She was a bit on the short side as far as height was concerned, but all Tomas saw was the mischievous grin spread across her lips. Letting out a sigh, Tomas hung his head briefly. This is going to be a looong assignment.

OOC:
958 words.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Imperial Guardian
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
Rocketman1167
ComNet n00b

Rocketman1167

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  12
November 22, 2007 10:43:50 PM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
Rocketman pulls in the hanger. He brings his malfunctioning Tie Fighter into the gantry, and gets out of it. He goes to the bar, on his way there he thinks a lot about his recent mission.

At least I didn’t loss my engines. That’s pretty good. Now all I got to do is get some rest and than see what else they want me to do.

Rocketman makes it to the bar in time to hear that he has to go to the meeting room. Rocketman comes out of the meeting with the data pad, and starts to the hanger. Rocketman starts to look for the hanger chief. Rocket finds him at his tie looking at the damage that has been done to it.
“Can you fix it?” Rocketman says
“Yeah but it will take time, I have another tie for you that you can take.” The hanger Chief says
“Can you show me where it is?” Rocket says
“Follow me.” The hanger chief says
Rocketman follows the hanger chief until they get to a decent tie fighter.
“Thank you” Rocket says
The hanger chief goes to take care of something else.
Rocket goes into the tie fighter and prepares for launch,
“Permission to take off for pre flight.”
“Granted.” says someone from the hanger comm. Room
Rocketman takes the tie out of the hanger.

OOC:
225 words. I just put before the meeting and after it.
"This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
From 300

FM/SCR Rocketman/Viper 3-11/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1397
November 23, 2007 1:53:52 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
OOC:
We haven't left for the mission yet

Jaden walked casually down the halls of the ISD, watching as everyone  aboard did their busy work.  It took a lot to run one of these ships, and just watching made him wonder what it would be like to be a technician aboard.  Nothing could ever talk him into doing such a thing.  He had too great of skills to ever isolate himself aboard a ship and run things.

Jaden stared at the name plate on the door of the office that he had been looking for.  'Viper Squadron Commander Tomas Dagoram' - was written on the plate.  Jaden smiled as he looked at the rank just below the name plate.  Chief Warrant Officer.

I was commanding a squadron by the rank of Petty Officer...things really have started to change around here haven't they?

The door slid open, revealing a much younger looking man sitting in the chair.  Jaden gave himself a moment to remember exactly what the man looked like.  It had been a while since he had served with him, and in the time that they were together Jaden really didn't remember ever meeting up with the man and having a conversation.

The young man was immersed in his work, looking as if he was ever so busy with something.  Jaden smiled, waiting for him to look up and acknowledge the fact that one of his pilots was standing in front of him.  Jaden didn't like to make things so formal when he was speaking with fellow squadron members.  The formalities were never something that he felt would let him get to know his squadron members better.  But, as of lately, he wouldn't dare have a conversation with one of the new pilots.  They were so...fresh.  Fresh was the word he was looking for.  Inexperienced and lacking maturity was something else that easily described the new pilots in the squadron, but Jaden could only laugh at the fact that most of them looked up to him as someone they could depend on and learn from, when in all reality he really didn't give a hoot about what they thought.

Tomas looked up from his desk and smiled.

"Its been a while, sir" said Tomas

"Rank doesn't have its status here, commander," said Jaden, sitting in the soft chair a bit in front of the squadron commanders desk, completely skipping out on the saluting and formalities.  "I don't believe that we've ever met face to face"

"I think your right about that," said Tomas, "What brings you to viper squadron?" said Tomas, lacking the manly tone that Jaden had foreseen.

"Well, being a veteran member of the squadron, I thought it would be a good idea to get in the ranks and show the younger pilots what traditionalism and respect really meant," said Jaden, "I'm sure you feel the same way?"

He shook his head yes after taking a sip from his coffee.  "Its good to have someone with the amount of experience that you have in the squadron.  It lets me know that I'm not handling this entire thing by myself, thought you haven't had any requests to be moved up in the ladder of positions.  Why might that be?"

Jaden took a moment to look the man in the eyes, letting him know that what he was about to reveal was very serious.

"I really haven't had much of a good experience in squadron commanding, well, according to some people within the Navy, and I really don't think I'm cut out for anything along the lines of commanding a squadron anymore.  But, if you need a flight lead for some reason, that'd be fine with me.  It doesn't give me too much to screw up."

Tomas shook his head back and forth, "You've got a clean record here man, nothing to worry about.  I'm not one to judge on hearing about what you've done, well, actually I am because your reputation does preceed you.  I've heard about your feats as a starfighter pilot.  Its literally impossible for you to be standing right here in front of me, having been through as many missions as you have."

Jaden laughed in his head at the fact that the squadron commander still looked up to him a bit.

"I really don't care much about what I've done, I just live my life from day to day.  Well...I've actually lost track of what day it is, if there really is a day to worry about."

Tomas went back to his busy work a bit while listening to Jaden.  The veteran pilot continued to explain his reason for entering the squadron for a bit, keeping in good conversation with his commander as he helped him out a bit with some minor roster issues.  Then it came time to get ready for the mission at hand.

"Well," said Jaden, standing up from his chair, lighting up a cigarette, "I'm going to go get some serious concentration in before we've got to get out there"

"I respect that," said Tomas, standing up from his chair and extending a hand towards Jaden.

He took the hand with a firm grip and shook it while taking a drag from his cigarette.  The smoke filled the room, and Tomas didn't seem to like that too much.

"We'll be seeing ya soon," said Tomas, attempting what seemed to be rushing the man out of the room.

"Don't worry.  Bad habit, I know"
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Viper 1-3(Viper 3)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  7
November 23, 2007 6:21:26 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Mira's hands twitched for a strong drink and some strong arms, she smirked and her squad was filled with the strong arms and the Cantina was filled with the drinks. She had been highly amused when her appointed wing mate had gotten stuck in his fighter, and she had laughed directly in his face, human relations weren't Mira's strong point. She stared up at the Strangler she had already downloaded his file as well as everyone in the squad and gone over it. He was tall, very tall, did tall people realize how huge they were or had they gotten use to it? Mire blinked a few times as Enzadi stared down at her his eyes moving slowly up and down her body and studying her face, what a weirdie.

“Got a problem, pal?” she asked putting her hands on her hips, if this guy was going to stare at her she was going to make him as uncomfortable as possible, to hell with being nice because he was her wingmater, if he wanted to get along he'd have to do the work not her.

“No! No problem!" he replied his voice strangely high, Mira raised an eyebrow and looked Enzadi up and down and chuckled, maybe she did have some affect on this man, it could be useful, such as, Mira ducked her head a little as Tomas walked by, when she was in trouble with the higher ups and needed to have someone cover her while she found a hiding place.

“So, what's with “The Strangler”? Weird nickname. Got some kinda past you wanna hint to people?” she then asked her voice filled with a little challenge as she took note of him cracking his neck, oh come on she wasn't that short for him to get a crick in his neck!

“Nah. I just have really strong hands,” he told her and her eyes went large as she struggled to keep herself from grinning, laughing and making a bad sexual joke. She needed to keep up the appearance that she was tough for now until she got to know Enzadi better, then maybe she would soften up a little, or maybe she's just punch him in the groin, she wasn't sure yet.

“Gotcha then,” Mira said finishing the conversation by walking away, but she didn't walk that far, instead she jumped, and climbed onto the nearest high surface and waited until Enzadi walked by and gracefully, well actually more like flailing, she latched onto his back, her arms wrapped around his next, "Here's the deal I don't feel like walking, so mush," she said into his ear before laughing, the serious mood dropping.

"You are crazy aren't you?' Enzadi asked before chuckling with Mira his body relaxing, obviously her weight wasn't much of a problem for him to lift.

"Actually thirst my dear wingmate, to the catina, we shall drink waterdown alcohol and think about life, and possibly get into a peeing contest on who is the better pilot with another squad and ending the night with a bar fight," she said pointing down the hall and Enzadi going in that direction.

"Are you serious about the bar fight?"

"Hm? Yeah maybe there's always someone stupid enough to mess with me and I've been needing someone to watch my back, would you be willing to do that for me?' Mira asked her voice taking a softer tone for a minute.

"Yeah, I'm your wingmate right?" he replied his voice a little higher again.

"Cool, wait hold up duck in here," Mira said jumping from his back and pulling him into a maintence closet as Tomas rounded the corner.

"In some sort of trouble?' Enzadi asked raising an eyebrow as the two of them were really close due to the closet's small size.

"Sometime my words aren't appreciated by the higher ranks," she told him moving a little to get more room only to have her feet tangled up in a broom and have her fall against his chest.

"Mira,' Enzadi said his voice even higher.

She ignored what he wanted to say and peeked around the door, "okay all clear, to the..." suddenly there was an announcement overhead.

"Attention, All Viper Squadron report to Briefing Room Echo for Mission Debriefing.”

"Oh Damn, looks like our chance to drink is over," Mira sighed and looked up at Enzadi and grinned impishly, "When we get back I promise!" she said before breaking out in a slow jog to the conference room.

"Any chance you want to explain why you're hiding from CWO?"

"Hm?' Oh I was being my usual witty self and he told me he had to, 'lecture me,' after we landed. Well I told him I was tall, blond, and blue eyed, I don't want to ruin the surprise for him," Mira grinned evilly as they entered the room and took their seats. She half listened to the briefing, she was a bomb expert she went in, was given a target and she blew it up, it wasn't a hard job, and the explosions were pretty. Instead her and Enzadi played a game of elbow wars each of them trying to over power the other's elbow, that is until Enzadi got an elbow to the side and had to take a time out. Mira watched CWO Dagoram as he spoke, lanky but cute, she had to admit, and friendly, kind brown eyes, they reminded her of someone but she couldn't place it. She shrugged and started up a thumb war match with Enzadi under the table.

After the meeting, while everyone was milling around, due to them setting out little sandwiches and other foods and drinks. Mira watched in amusement as CWO Dagoram went after a blond, she chuckled to herself and smiled even more.

"He's going to really be mad when he finds out your not what you said you looked like," Enzadi murmured to her and Mira shook her head.

"Hardly," she said as a guy slid up beside them, "New guy?" she asked brushing a rebellious lock of curly hair out of her eyes. A young man with blond hair and blue eyes sauntered up to the two of them.

"Hear you guys are in Viper, I'm Ibram Tyrol my shuttle was late so I couldn't join you guys out there, but this time look promising," he said with a dazzling grin.

"Well, well, I guess there's a pretty boy in every squad," Mira said dryly.

"Well, they say that the attractive people find each other in a room of people," another dazzling smile. Mira could practically feel Enzadi stiffing up and practically shaking with a growl in his throat.

“You've gotta stop hitting on every lass you meet," Mira replied with a cocky smile and tapped Ibram's nose, "Because they might be able to kick your ass," she added with a growl before turning her back on him and looking up at Enzadi, "Anyway, oh crap!" Mira said as Tomas came up on their group.

"Crewman O'Riley, a word," he said his nice face contorted in fury.

"Sure no problem," she said casually and they walked out into the hall.

"Do you know why I'm talking to you?" he asked and Mira crossed her arms.

"Somewhat," Mira said looking directly into his eyes with no fear.

"Good this how things are going to be, m" he started going to a speech that is until Mira's hand grabbed the front of his flight suit, her fingers gripping the material and yanked his face down to her height.  Her lips connected with his, the breath rushed out of his lungs before she released him and bounded backwards.  She studied his face for a moment, he looked highly confused, his eyes looking slightly dazed, hopefully from the surprise from the kiss, though Mira hand to admit she was a good kisser.  He was cute when he looked at he with questioning, big brown eyes, almost boyish in a way that made her smile that quickly turned into a grin.

"Don't get me wrong I'll follow orders, but don't tell me how to be, or how things are suppose to be," she said with a grin, and a wink before turning and walking back into the conference room.

"So pretty boy, what's your story?" Mira asked the blond man with a curious smile on her face.
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 23, 2007 6:23:13 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 23, 2007 8:50:12 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 23, 2007 8:54:06 AM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet n00b

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  10
Total Posts:  1563
November 23, 2007 7:38:23 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
"New Guy?"

Ibram had only just sat down, and already a pretty brown-haired girl was talking to him. This should be interesting he thought. He felt a guilty pang as memories of Marisa came flashing back, but to the brunette, he simply grinned. "I hear you guys a Viper. I'm Ibram Tyrol. my shuttle was delayed so i couldn't join you guys out there, but  this time looks promising." 

"Well, well, I guess there's a pretty boy in every squad," The woman commented dryly." Ibram resented being called 'pretty boy', but he thought he might as well try and get along with his squad mates. At least to start with.

"Well, they say that the attractive people find each other in a room of people," he said.

“You've gotta stop hitting on every lass you meet," she replied with a cocky smile and tapped Ibram's nose, "Because they might be able to kick your ass."

What am i thinking? He mused as the brunettes attention was diverted by the CO. I've been here 5 minutes, and already I'm flirting with the local flirt? Marisa would kill me. And again, that pang as his mind tried to struggle with the reality that Marisa was dead. Killed by that dumb gak in the T-38. Ibram was still brooding when the pretty brunette came back and sat next to him "So pretty boy, what's your story?"

"Well, for starters, I'm not a pretty boy" Ibram smirked, "But I'm from Yaga Minor. Passed basic training a few days ago, and I've been in transit ever since. Looking forward to finally getting some action." Ibram pulled out his datapad, and reviewed the mission data so far, along with the briefing he had just narrowly missed. I must remember to introduce myself to my new wingman, he thought whoever that is. It appeared that the Roster in his datapad differed from the one on the screen. gak.

He still had some time to kill before he would go to the hanger to begin pre-flight, so he turned back to the brunette who had just sat back down. "So whats'a purty lil thing like yoo playin wi the big bois?" He said in an imitated southern Yaga Minor drawl.

The brunettes companion took his leave, commenting that Ibram shouldn't have said that, and by the look on the brunette's face, Ibram had to agree. Before she had a chance to smack him, or worse, Ibram left to track down the CO.

OOC:
Hey all, first post here in the story, hope it appears smooth. I thought it best not to do too much for the intro, in case something needs changing etc... Ill make the next post longer, once things really get going. RE: the roster comment, the online roster and the Wiki roster appear to differ, so i am unsure who my wingman is, if someone could clear that up for me, that would be great. Feel free to come talk to me :P lol
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

-----------------------------------

FM/CRW Tyrol/Viper 8/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited November 24, 2007 3:03:53 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited November 24, 2007 3:11:15 PM)]
Tomas
ComNet Member

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  302
November 23, 2007 11:41:36 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
“You've gotta stop hitting on every lass you meet," the girl's voice came from behind Tomas. The voice was familiar, and he had heard it chirping through the intercom enough this mission that it was impossible for him to mistake it. Tomas turned around and seeing Mira's grin figured that she had been addressing him in an attempt to further torment her Squadron Commander. As Tomas strode up to the group of pilots, he heard Mira break off her conversation with an “oh crap!". This time it was Tomas' turn to smirk, as it was obvious Mira knew what was coming and she didn't want any of it. He only kept the smile on his face for a second before changing to the most stern looking face he could manage, I'm going to have to work on my 'disappointed face', I have a feeling I'm going to need it a lot with her

"Crewman O'Riley, a word," he said as he reached her.

"Sure no problem," the young pilot responded in a casual fashion, linking arms with Tomas and beginning to pull him down the hall with her. He shook her off, but the pair walked side by side a little ways down the passageway.

"Do you know why I'm talking to you?" Tomas asked Mira, looking at her sternly.

"Somewhat," she replied, crossing her arms and delving deep into Tomas' eyes with her own in defiance.

"Good...this is how things are going to be, m-" Tomas began, but he didn't get far as the female pilot gave him a yank down to her level that shook him up a bit. Next thing he knew, Mira had her lips locked to his. She had taken him by such surprise that he suddenly found he was having trouble breathing. He struggled slightly, and while he doubted Mira noticed she nevertheless released him and hopped back before he could retaliate. He could feel her looking him over, though didn't see the point as he had a feeling his expression was blatantly obvious. Confusion wracked his mind, what the hell had just happened? Mira suddenly snapped him back to reality:

"Don't get me wrong I'll follow orders, but don't tell me how to be, or how things are suppose to be." With that she walked off and for a fleeting moment Tomas considered to retaliate, but decided not to and instead pretended as if nothing had happened as he made his way towards his office.

As Tomas did some rearranging of things in the office setup for him on the Star Destroyer, he heard a knock on the door. With a polite 'come in' a blonde-haired man entered the room with a salute.

“Crewman Tyrol, present and accounted for Sir.” the pilot stated with a held salute.

“At ease, welcome to Viper Squadron, Crewman. I trust you've found everything manageable so far?” Tomas asked the new recruit as he sat down at the desk and gestured for Ibram to do the same.

“Actually, Sir...I was wondering if you could tell me who my wingmate will be for the rescue mission. I'd really like to meet them before launch check gets too hectic.”

“Ah, of course...you'll be flying with Lieutenant Jaden Khaar. Heck of pilot and person at that. He's a little distant being the veteran and all, but I'm sure you guys'll hit it off.”

“Thank you, Sir.” Ibram replied, getting up to leave.

“That's all?” Tomas inquired curiously.

“Heh, yes Sir. See you in the hangar.” And with that Tomas was once again alone in the cramped room.

Only a short while later, the door to the office slid open once again though it took some time for Tomas to notice. There in front of him stood the very Lieutenant he had sent Ibram to find. I wonder if they've become acquainted yet?

"Its been a while, Sir" said Tomas with a smile. The two engaged in a brief conversation about this and that. Eventually Tomas began once again to work on the menial tasks in front of him, all the while continuing his talk with Jaden. It was only when the time for flight prep to begin was right around the corner when the two began to wrap up the chat.

"Well, I'm going to go get some serious concentration in before we've got to get out there," Jaden said lighting a cigarette and rising from his seat.

"I respect that," said Tomas, shaking hands with Jaden fighting back the urge to cough as the smoke rose up. It seemed as if the smaller size of the office was only making it worse. And with that, they parted ways as Jaden left the room leaving Tomas alone with his thoughts...

Man this position can get crazy...I'm going to have to get used to it though...fast.

OOC:
816 words.
Imperial Guardian
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1399
November 24, 2007 12:32:44 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden took long drags from the cigarette as he made long strides down the halls of the Suspense to meet his deadline of the pre-flight check.  He had already gotten himself into his flight suit earlier, which had come out to be a good decision because he would have been running a couple of minutes late.

Upon turning a corner very fast, Jaden was caught up by one of the younger pilots.  He shook the thought of the conversation off and puffed on the cigarette a little longer as he continued to get to a near jog down the corridors of the star destroyer, when the pilot actually caught up with him and stopped him.  Upon seeing the man the mans face, the pilot hesitated to say anything at all.  Jaden gave him a blank stare and waited for him to say something.

"Well uh...Hello there.  I'm crewman Ibram Tyrol," said the young pilot, "I presume your Lieutenant Jaden Khaar?"

Jaden paused for a moment to read the man.

"Your correct, what'd ya need?" asked Jaden

Man I knew this would happen.  Little new guy wants some pointers...wait...Ibram Tyrol...Wingman?

"The roster says we're wingmates, so I thought I'd introduce myself and hopefully get to know you a little better before we got out there and did our thing," said Ibram, "You have the time?"

Jaden shook his head no.  "We've got to start preflight within the next 20 minutes.  I've got to get to my fighter and make sure the techs on board didn't screw anything up, or else I'd have the time.  We'll talk via Com frequency in the fighters during preflight, alright?"

"Sounds alright to me sir," said Ibram, "I'll see you there"

Jaden began to walk away, "Forget the formalities Ibram, we're wingmates now.  Whether we get through this next mission alive or not, it's my pleasure to work with you"

The young pilot smiled as the two parted their ways.

Within the next ten minutes Jaden had arrived in the hanger and was now giving his fighter the last overview before he started his preflight.  A minor crack in the hull was all that he could find, and the techs had it repaired within minutes of the complaint.  Nice and speedy service aboard the Suspense.  Ironic with the name of the ship.

Upon once again entering the standard issue TIE, Jaden felt at home.  The fighter smelled musty and worn, and the seats were far from not having ever been used.  Jaden thought to himself about the fact that this fighter could have very well been flown in the battles of Yavin or earlier, and possibly Endor.  He hadn't had his own chance to do it early in his life, but he felt some sort of connection with the fighter as if it had been through a lot and could handle quite the bit more.  With the specifications he had added to the fighter there was no doubt that he was one of the riskiest pilots within the Vast Empire Navy.  No shields and a boost to the engines and weapons was seen as a very good idea, but he was flying naked the entire time.  The eyeball wouldn't last long against an entire flight of fighters by itself, but with the help of wingmen and stategic domination, it came out to be some very successful modifications.

After doing an early preflight check, Jaden had come to the conclusion that he would meditate until further orders were pressed.    There was still a large margin of time until the rest of the pilots would have their preflight checks in order and done, and all he could do was wait for his wingman to arrive so that they might converse for a while before the mission began.

Jaden popped the hatch off of the TIE and sat on top of the fighter with his legs dangling over the viewport.  He grabbed his pack of cigarettes and shook it around, hoping that he wasn't out.  To his surprise, one lone cigarette sat in the soft pack.  He drew it out and lit it up, taking a long drag from it.  It made his body relax all over; sort of releasing all the tension he had been feeling since before the preflight.  The man relaxed back on the fighter and began the waiting process until the mission.
Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

TheStrangler
ComNet Novice

TheStrangler

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  39
November 24, 2007 2:41:45 PM    View the profile of TheStrangler 
So it seemed that the Strangler wasn't such of a bumbling idiot with women after all. Apparently, Mira, his new wingmate, rather enjoyed his company. And he enjoyed hers, but he really didn't like to be the scapegoat. Especially after what happened in the closet, with her pulling the two of them inside to evade Tomas' eyes. It was cramped for him, sure, but for her it must have been like being between a rock and a hard place.

“Mira...” he had asked her, with a bit of strain. A pretty girl, a very pretty girl, was pressing against him in a very small space after she had fallen. This was not good. Thankfully, she ignored him, and they were called for their next brief. She jogged away, which gave the Strangler a bit of time to smooth his flight suit and rearrange it a bit.

During the meeting, too, was fun. Mira seemed distracted, so she started to play elbows with him, even though he had been listening. This was his kind of work, escorting and what not. His thoughts drifted back to his first mission on Mortain, where he had flown a TIE Aggressor into battle, changing from being in Echo Squadron to Kaph Squadron. He then thought about his longtime wingman. Than.

Where is Than now? The Ensign had retired abruptly. Unfortunately, his thoughts were broken by Mira's elbow striking him in the solar plexus. His head angled down, and Tomas' voice was drowned out for a little bit by the pain in the side of his chest. But Mira's hand had found his, and they began a round of thumb wars under their table. Tomas finished speaking and the Strangler raised his hand, the one that had been playing with Mira, up to ask Tomas a question, much to Mira's chagrin.

“Sir, when do we need to begin preflight?”

“You will have one hour after this meeting to get ready, and then you need to report to hangar bay Bravo,” came the Chief Warrant Officer's reply. The Strangler noted that.

Need to see if they've fixed up my TIE. Don't wanna be left behind, especially not for an escort mission, and not after the show I put on for the squadron just a while ago.

The meeting ended, and both Enzadi and Mira watched as their Squadron Commander went after the exact description of what Mira had told him. Enzadi, ever the good-natured one, decided to play-act as Mira's conscious.

“He's going to really be mad when he finds out your not what you said you looked like." But Mira didn't seem very concerned about the consequences of Tomas' wrath.

“Hardly,” she replied to him, as a very good looking guy approached them. He wasn't really paying attention so much as looking at Mira. The Strangler heard that he was Ibram Tyrol, new guy, who had arrived after Suspense had, making him unable to join the first dogfight. Well, in less than an hour that would change, and Tyrol would be thrown into the heat of battle.

Heat of battle....my TIE!

Mira left for a couple minutes, and the Strangler was alone with Ibram Tyrol. He didn't say anything, just watching the people as they passed, filing away to do they're business. Mira was back, a sly grin on her face as she sat down next to Ibram, asking him about himself. Just some yokel from some planet, it didn't interest the Strangler too much, not when he had to get ready to leave. But then Ibram said something he had to comment on.
"What’s a purty lil girl like yoo doin' playin wi' the big bois?"

The Strangler took this as his opportunity to leave, but not without leaving Ibram with a word of advice.

“Man, that's the worst mistake you'll ever make. I gotta go you guys, but I might be back,” he said to them. “Don't wait up if I'm not back in time. I'll see you out there.” He winked at Mira, turned, and walked away, making headway for hangar Bravo.

The corridors of the Suspense weren't alien to him, and he knew, from his short time here, approximately where hangar Bravo was. The Strangler strode the the utilitarian halls of the ISD, barely registering the utilitarian Imperial architecture. It was all the same, every Star Destroyer he had been in. The Strangler, in his own opinion, thought that they lacked finesse, like some of the older ships had.

Hangar Bravo was the hangar that they had landed in, returning from the dogfight, so when he entered in, Enzadi could see very well the TIE he had been piloting earlier, set aside, and being repaired by a different pair of droid and mechanic. It was set aside, and a hole was in the nine spot in the lineup. Contorting his face in confusion, he approached the mechanic fixing his TIE.

“Um, how long is this gonna take? Viper's gotta be back out there in 35, so...” Enzadi said to the man, who took off the heavy goggles he had been wearing.

“Nah man,” he replied. “This isn't gonna be done in a while, but I think that they're gonna supply with another, just so that the full squadron will fly.” As the man spoke, a carrier brought out a fresher looking TIE, without so many battle scars as the others. The armor was shining in the hangar lights, and if the Strangler could have it his way, the shields would be fully operational. He made his way over to the deposited TIE fighter, rubbing his hands over the metal. It was cool to the touch, and very smooth. Most likely it had been manufactured not too long ago. He walked around to its aft right side, and swung himself into the cockpit, taking notice of the seat. It most likely had only been sat in once or twice.

Brand new.

The Strangler sat in the seat, his fingers wrapping around the control yoke, awaiting the arrival of the remainder of Viper Squadron for preflight.

OOC:
1015 words
FL/CPO Enzadi Malko/Viper 3-9/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[SoA][BRC]

VIPER SQUADRON

WE FLY, YOU DIE
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited November 24, 2007 2:42:38 PM)]
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited November 25, 2007 11:13:51 AM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet n00b

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  12
November 24, 2007 6:41:27 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
"Forget the formalities Ibram, we're wingmates now. Whether we survive this one or not, it has been a pleasure serving with you."

Ibram watched as his new wingman walked off towards the hanger. He looks and sounds like a veteran too He mused. It's as almost like he's always expecting to die.

After quick timing-it out of the briefing room to escape that small brunette's wrath, Ibram had talked to the CO to find out his wingman was this scarred brooding veteran. Despite his rough demeanour, Ibram thought he would get on well with Jaden. He reminded Ibram of the pilots he used to hang around with after-school, when his dad still worked at the spaceport.

Ibram decided to stop by his quarters to pick up his flight suit, and then headed to the hanger to do his pre-flight checks along with his wingmate. Gotta stay ahead of the game, he thought. Ibram also hoped he would get a chance to talk to Jaden.

He stopped as he entered the hanger. It was abuzz with pilots and deck hands a-like, all doing their preps for the up-coming mission. It had been a while since Ibram had been in a hanger like this. Pausing a moment to take it all in, he checked his datapad, to find the location of his fighter.

The closer he got to it, the more he got a shivering feeling at the pit of his stomach. This is it, he thought. The real deal.

He walked over to the deck hand assigned to his station. “Hi, my names Ibram Tyrol, I’m new here.”

“John Sierra, pleased to meet you. I’m the mechanic assigned to your fighter.”

Ibram started inspecting his fighter. “How does she hold up?”

“She holds up pretty good, one of the better ones I think. Although that Mira girl banged her up sumin fierce in the last battle. We’ve fixed the shields, and the flight stick seems to be normal, however the missile launcher doesn’t always fire, so be careful.”

“This Mira….is she a small brunette by any chance?”

“Yup, but don’t be fooled by her cute appearance, she’d string you up by your balls if you crossed her, sure as sure.”

“Great….well, let’s get the pre-flight over and done with.”

“Right you are sir.”

Ibram scrambled up the ladder, opened the hatch, and jumped inside his fighter. Just like the simulator, he thought. Except that it wasn’t. Deep down, Ibram was acutely aware that he was in command of a very real, very lethal, and very destructible Imperial TIE Fighter. Gak.

Ibram tried doing the calming exercise Marisa had once taught him, which seemed to work, and so he went about doing his pre-flight check. He took a little longer then usual this time, making sure everything was set, and he calibrated the controls to the way he liked them. Speaking into the mike he said, “Everything’s green my end John, how about you?”

“Everything’s green my end sir.”

Ibram smiled. So far, so good. “Control, this is Viper 8. Pre-flight check is complete. Viper 8 is green.”

Fiddeling with the controls on the radio, he found the frequency for Jaden.

“Hey Lieutenant, you there?”

OOC:
534 words. Hope its ok.

FM/CRW Tyrol/Viper 8/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN
Rocketman1167
ComNet n00b

Rocketman1167

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  14
November 25, 2007 10:56:24 AM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
Rocketman does some basic maneuvers in the tie to see if it can hold up to the stress of so many gees and speed breaks.

At least this tie is in working order, not like the other one where I have constant system failures. That’s good that that tie held out till the battle ended if I didn’t I don’t know what would have happened. At least I got cover from Strangler last time. Now I think its time to see if the rooster changed much since the last time we flew. Lets see only one change that’s pretty good. And I lost my wingmate. Now what am going to do? I just gonna try to hold out until they give me one. I hope its soon though. I wonder what everyone is doing. They are probably getting ready for preflight, well since I already did that I could help people with theirs. I figure that they won’t need help but just in case someone does I will be there.

Rocketman starts to pull his tie in the hanger so he can dock it because he had completed his preflight.

Opens a channel to control
“Viper 11 to control”
“This is control what is it.”
“Requesting permission to land if its not too packed in their.”
“Permission granted.”

Rocketman brings in the tie and docks it. Rocket is getting ready to exit the hatch when someone he does not know comes up to the tie and beckons him to get out of the tie. Rocket opens the hatch to exit the tie.

“Hello.”
Hello I am your mechanic the names Mark McKnight.”
“And I am Hale Firekeeper but my callsign is Rocketman or Rocket for short.”
“So how did the tie hold up during your preflight?”
“It held up pretty good though I wish we had interceptors, but beggars can’t be choosers, like they always say right.”
“Yeah I know what you mean, so when did you get out of the academy?”
Not long ago, this is my first mission and I like it because most of the people are nice here. Not like some of the old Squadrons I hear about.”
I wouldn’t believe everything you hear from people something’s can get you killed in this universe.”
“So I have heard form a lot of people that came in the cantina on my home world.”
“So anything you want changed on the tie I could check the systems to make sure everything working right.”
“That would be fine, and no I don’t want anything changed on the tie for now; do you know how much time we have left?”
“Yeah about twenty minutes left.”
“Okay I think I will go to my room to check if I have everything that I need.”
“Okay see you in ten minutes.”

So that’s my mechanic he’s pretty nice I wonder if he will find anything wrong with that tie, I did push it a little to hard during that preflight .Ohhh well just have to find out when I get back. Now to see if I got everything I need form my room better hurry though I don’t want to be late when everyone takes off.
Rocket gets to his room, and finds out he has everything that he needs. He starts to head back to the hanger at a run to make sure he does not miss the lift off. He makes it back with enough time left. He starts to look for his mechanic.

“Rocket.”
“Hey Mark is everything on the tie fine.”
“Yeah everything is fine on it you can go inside and wait for the take off.”
“Alright thanks when I get back we will go grab a drink k.”
“Yeah I would like that see you when you get back.”

Rocket goes into the tie and waits for the order to take off.
OOC:
well this is the longest post i have written for now, I am getting into the grove of posting now hopfully my posts for now on will be this long or longer. The word cout for this is 646.
"This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
From 300

FM/SCR Rocketman/Viper 3-11/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)
[This message has been edited by Rocketman (edited November 25, 2007 10:58:45 AM)]
Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  9
November 26, 2007 4:52:28 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"Click," went Mira's lighter and she took a deep breath as she lit her cigarette and breathed in to get the tobacco to light. Nicotine rushed through her system as the burning stick hung limply from her mouth. She wondered how long until one of the maintenance guys noticed that she was smoking in the doorway of the hangar, a major no no in their eyes due to the gas fumes and whatever else there was in the air. Today was turning out to be a decent day, she was going out to blow some more things up, okay it was an escort, but there was a chance that someone would attack. Mira cracked her knuckles gleefully, yes a good day indeed. She had made friends with an okay looking guy, a pretty boy who was fun to look at, particularly when he walked away, and kissed the cute commanding officer to avoid a lecture. And not only that it had been a decent kiss, she had been surprised that CWO Dagoram's lips were soft and molded to her own lips. Mira blinked a few times and grinned, she wondered how long until he actually looked at her and recognized her. Thank god she had gotten her eyes fixed, ditched her glasses and frizz and gone to a more classic look throwing away most of her neon make up.

"What the hell, are you smoking, are you insane?' A mechanic screamed as he noticed the cigarette in her mouth.

"Several times today, why do you ask?" Mira said stamping out the half smoked cigarette on the ground. Picking up her helmet she made her way to the new fighter they assigned to her.

"Hey, babe, try not to break this one," one of the mechanics grinned before getting a boot in the face as Mira pretended to slip on the ladder.

"Bastard, I mean, aw what the hell I meant to do it," she said with a shrug and hopped into the TIE Fighter.

"Mira making more enemies?' Strangler asked through the com system causing a chuckle out of Mira.

"You know men, they think no means yes, and they think get lost means take me I'm yours," Mira commented as the TIE Fighter began to warm up. Whistling she hooked up her musicpod to the speaker system of the fighter and pressed play.

"What the....Crewman O'Riley, is that music coming from your fighter?' CWO Dagoram said Mira could almost feel the exasperation in his voice as she laughed.

"Yeah, yeah it is."

"I don't think that's within protocol."

"Well, my sweet," Mira said a slight glimmer in her eye as her TIE shot out of the hangar as she began going through pre mission procedures, "Why don't you come over here and make me turn it off, it gets cold and lonely in these fighters."

"Don't push it," CWO Dagoram gritted his teeth and tired to end the transmission as the rest of the squad tried to hush their laughing. Funny how well Mira could break into the comm system and open the link back up.

"What the stick up your ass?' Mira asked innocently.

"I'm only going to warn you once more Crewman."

"Oh chill, you're just tense because of the mission. But cool your jets Dago-poo, you've just happen to have the best looking damn squad in the Navy, and I'm just not talking about myself. Oh wait I guess I should be talking about our kick ass piloting skills but oh well, have to get the pre flight out of the way."

Later Mira docked her ship, climbing out she happily took off her helmet to let her sweaty head breath. "Air conditioning is a b it broke," she growled chugging down a bottle of water, "I doubt passing out from heat exhaustion will help accomplish the mission," she added grabbing another bottle of water and headed over to Enzadi, nudging him as she came up beside him.

"You're really trying to be sent to the brig before the end of the day aren't you?" he commented looking down at Mira who grinned back up at him.

"Come on I'm the best bomber in my class, Dagoram doesn't have the balls to punish me, at least not before a mission."
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited November 26, 2007 4:54:40 AM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  330
November 26, 2007 9:35:40 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
*Aboard the Wayfarer Delta, Present Time*

Onboard the Delta the situation was changing, they were trying to identify where they were. They loaded three Space Marines and speeder bikes into the airlock of the Hanger. They closed the hatch, the Marines suited up.

“Recon, Delta Actual. On my signal activate your locator beacons; we want to be able to track you. We are going to test the range of the beacons before we send you out.” The Xo said to the Marines over comm.

Just then, one of the laser cannon fired a single shot into the air.

“Don’t be alarmed, we shot off a beacon from the cannons. We are using an alternate channel to test the range that we can track you.” He looked at the control panel on the bridge. “Alright, you can go about Sixteen Kilometers before we lose the beacon signal.”

“Copy, we will alert you before we go past that. You can open the doors, we are all suited up.” The Marine Sergeant said.

“Affirmative, Doors opening in Five, Four, Three.”

The Outer Airlock door to the hanger opened and the Marines mounted their speeders.

“Delta Actual, this is Recon. We are heading out.”

“Good Luck”

“Copy”

The marines began to drive their speeders out into the desolate world, looking for anything that could catch their attention.

Back on the bridge though, things were not as they should be. The XO, Commander Kahn, was not ready for the responsibility of the lives of all of the crew aboard the Delta. He knew it, but he could not step down until the captain was out of the medical by, he would not step down. Everyone knew this, including the core officers of the crew. Some ever planned Mutiny, they placed their allegiance to the few officers who were willing to stand up against a failing officer and demand his resignation of command. In the Smuggling Cargo Bay, where C-3PX2 had built the computer console, Telok Redstorm led a group of the crew to plan their mutiny.

“We need to be clear and in agreement on how we are going to do this. We cannot have any dispute during it.” Telok said to the leaders of the Mutineers. “We all agree that the can and will storm the bridge and take control if he refuses to give it up when we ask him to. We will need to go swiftly and quietly, as to get in there without anyone alerting security.”

They continued to make their plan, as the recon squad got closer and closer to the Sixteen Kilometers Line.

“Delta, this is Recon. Now passing Sixteen Kilometers.” The Marine Sergeant said over comm.

“Copy that, we have lost your beacon.” The communications officer said.

Just then, the situation changed.

“Now activating speeder Camera”

“Affirmative, we are receiving feed.”

The Camera view was from the front of the three speeders, but just then, the view seemed to be falling, and all that could be heard was screaming. After Sixteen Kilometers, it seemed that there was a drop off in the land, and the speeders fell into it. Then the camera went dark, The Delta lost the feed.

“Recon, Delta; Can you hear us? Recon Respond.”

There was no response; the total surviving crew count was lowered by three.

OOC:
552 Words ; Just continuing to explain what is going on down at the delta.
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  332
November 27, 2007 7:15:54 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
*Aboard the Wayfarer Delta, Present Time*

In the Capitan’s office, attached to his quarters, he decided it was best to have him and his appointed XO, the ships tactical officer, to have a discussion of what they were going to do to resolve the current situation.

“Sir, there is a strong and growing thought of failure on your part, going through the crew. They are beginning to question your command strength and ability. The recent loss of the Recon Squad only makes this worse, now they have something new to blame you for, something that the crew cannot help but be impacted by.” The tactical officer said.

“So then what, you think they are planning a mutiny?” Commander Kahn responded.

“I wouldn’t say Mutiny, but they may try to push your hand to change decisions that they fell would be better for the crew. I believe you need to assert your authority of command on this ship. Also, to identify that treason is not an option.”

“How exactly do you think I should do this?”

“On the first sign of deception, you need to take the crew member into custody to silence their call. A few crewmembers are close to the line of deception, very close. Almost too close to be safe, you need to watch to be able to see who they are.”

“I’m not sure locking up our own crew will solve the problem, it seems to only serve their purpose of giving them a reason to mutiny.”

“Just stay vigilant, cautious, and alert. We need to go back to the bridge to see the latest repair and communication reports.”

“Alright, then we will continue with this later.”

They left it with that, no decision on how to handle the situation, knowing that the crew was split on their views. Back in the cargo bay, they decided it was time to begin their push for control. Telok had told everyone to go back to their duties as normal, but await a time where it may be necessary to overthrow the Commander. Telok walked through the halls, now repaired from the explosions and fully pressurized, to the bridge. The door opened, and he saw the first camera view from outside the ship, the camera was attached to the laser cannons.

“What a desolate world you stranded us on.” He said.

The Commander just let the comment go, for he had been taking a beating with comments like that all week since the blind jump. Then he began to remember what the tactical officer had said about taking the opposition into custody.

“Telok, you really need to watch it before …” the captain began to say as he was interrupted by an explosion somewhere in the ship.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Unknown explosion and power surges through the ship.” The sensor officer said.

“Seal all hatches thought the ship, just in case of decompression.”

“Affirmative.”

Telok wondered what was going on, he never ordered any attacks, so he did not suspect it was his group; but if not, who or what was causing it.

A few more explosions could be heard through the ship, and then the lights went off.

“Emergency lights!” someone yelled as red lights came on.

Just then, the worst possible thing that could happen, did. The ear piecing alarm that they all feared.

“Decompression Alert!” the sensor officer yelled.

Unknown to them, a rescue operation was almost underway. The only question was, would it get there in time.

OOC:
583 words, Just continuing with the delta side story i created.
|| XO & FL / MCPO C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BWC], [IG] ||
Tomas
ComNet Member

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  317
November 28, 2007 8:44:24 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas delayed going out to preflight as long as possible, in order to complete his paperwork. Now that he had, he was feeling rather relieved and knew that once this mission was finally over the feeling would be even more so. That wasn't nearly as bad as Trevor had made it seem when I was in Nazgul. Must've been his excuse to avoid us whenever he felt like it. Once he had finished, Tomas attempted to squeeze past his desk, but even as thin as he was he just couldn't do it. After a couple of attempts, Tomas settled on sliding over the top of it before straightening his flight suit and getting on his way.

As Tomas walked down the star destroyer's hallway, and reached the hangar after only rounding two corners he had a strange feeling his office was actually a converted-storage room. He'd have to get''t that changed if they ended up staying on the Suspense much longer.

As a veteran to the cockpit, and having survived the battle with only cosmetic damage the pre-flight was finished in no time. As he checked in with his fellow Vipers, he swore he could hear a tune coming through from one of the fighters. As he realized Mira was humming along, Tomas decided it was about to say something. This girl's been here what? Hours and she has this incessant knack for causing trouble with everything she does.

"What the...Crewman O'Riley, is that music coming from your fighter?" Tomas said sighing. Oh, I'll be relieved when this mission is over, provided she doesn't drive me crazy first.

"Yeah, yeah it is." The women replied defiantly.

"I don't think that's within protocol." Tomas said, more just making sure it was said than anything. He did no really feel like dealing with her right now.

"Well, my sweet, why don't you come over here and make me turn it off, it gets cold and lonely in these fighters."

"Don't push it."

"What the stick up your ass?"

"I'm only going to warn you once more Crewman." Although he had just wanted to drop it for now, it seemed Mira just wouldn't let it go.

"Oh chill, you're just tense because of the mission. But cool your jets Dago-poo, you've just happen to have the best looking damn squad in the Navy, and I'm just not talking about myself. Oh wait I guess I should be talking about our kick ass piloting skills but oh well, have to get the pre flight out of the way."

Tomas shook his head with a sigh, and as the rest of the squadron completed their pre-flight checks the young squadron commander took several deep breaths to shake Mira's hi-jynx out of his head and prepare himself for what was ahead.

“Alright Vipers, time to rock and roll. Time to round us up a transport...Viper Lead to Flight Command, permission to launch.”

“We're in position, permission granted Viper Lead. You've got the ball.”  And with that, one by one Viper squadron launched from the hangar bay. It would only be a short flight before they entered the planet's atmosphere, but during the time it did take Tomas was amazed at the scenery spread out below him. Rarely was the surface actually visible, as sandstorms of varying strengths ripped over the terrain.

“Keep your eyes open, Vipers. It's going to be tougth yo see much once we enter the atmosphere, as well as quite dangerous. Frankly, I'd rather not have to send out a search mission for you too.” With that Tomas felt his fighter enter the wildness...

OOC:
617 words.
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet n00b

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  16
November 28, 2007 9:23:28 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
"Hey Jaden, you there?"

Just as Ibram spoke into his mic, he heard the CO's voice blare over the Squadron Channel. "“Alright Vipers, time to rock and roll. Lets round us up a transport."

Here we go, Ibram thought. His hands were shaking, not a good start. Flicking the switches, Ibram started up his Twin Ion Engines. Slowly but surely, his fighter hummed into life. Around him, the fighters of Viper Squadron were exiting the hanger one by one, in what seemed to Ibram liked quite good order. At least I'm with professionals he thought, and instantly chuckled as he remembered Mira's music playing over the channel.

Soon, it was his turn. Jaden had just launched, and so Ibram released the docking clamps, added some throttle, and moved to take his place as Jaden's wing.

"You ready kid?" Jaden's voice crackled over the channel. "Ready as I'll ever be 7." Ibram replied. Jaden chuckled. "Stick with me Crewman, you'll do fine." Ibram grinned, "That's Senior Crewman now sir, I got a notice through during pre-flight. Passed my Aviators exam with 100% distinction." "Gotta earn it first rookie." Jaden retorted.

The planet were the Wayfarer Delta had crashed was dead ahead. Sandstorms raged and ravaged entire continents. The CO spoke again over the coms, “Keep your eyes open, Vipers. It's going to be tough you see much once we enter the atmosphere, as well as quite dangerous. Frankly, I'd rather not have to send out a search mission for you too.” Ibram grimaced. Yaga Minor didn't have the climate for sandstorms, some of the southern regions maybe, but not on this scale. Ibram had never experienced one, let alone flown through one. His hands started to shake some more. He hoped his fighter wasn't wobbling.

The CO had started a coms check. “We’ll be hitting the atmosphere soon, all Vipers report in.” One by one, Viper squadron reported in. “..Viper 7, ready.” Ibram’s turn, “Viper 8, all systems green.” That felt strangely satisfying, he thought. As a kid growing up, he always used to pretend he was an Imperial Fighter. The mechanics lounge was often filled with shouts of “Dragon 3! Dragon 3!” Now he was entering the Dragon’s maw. What a gakking cheery thought, well done Ibram.

He calmed himself, settling into the fighter, his surroundings, and the mission ahead. It was going to be tough, but he could do it. He had to do it. He remembered what his Dad had once told him;

Give me a ship and an open sky son, and I'll fly with Gods.

"Guess it's time to go meet the Gods," He said to no-one in particular.

Viper Squadron sped on towards it's mission.

Senior Crewman Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

FM/SCRW Tyrol/Viper 8/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/=*A*=
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1406
November 28, 2007 11:43:32 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
The serenity of the view before the man nearly brought tears to his eyes.  The planet they were now intruding upon had a very beautiful orange color, combined with the swirls that could be seen from space side of the large storms moving throughout the planets surface.  Jaden knew it wouldn't be a very good experience once they made it through the atmosphere, so he snapped himself out of the daydream and back into his cockpit, where another mission presented itself.

Senior Crewman Ibram had been doing well thus far, keeping within formation of the flight, and the squadron for that matter.  Jaden had seen new recruits fall out of formation in their first flight too many times only to be picked off by an enemy fighter without a whisper to be heard, and he only hoped that wouldn't happen to the young man that he had just met, so he kept the pressure on the recruit.

I'll get this kid to the point of exhaustion from nagging at him to keep himself in good position on his first flight.  Maybe it'll actually work.

"Eight, hows it riding?"

"Comfortably right now, but I know when we hit that atmosphere it's going to get shaky," said Ibram

"Your right about that, and I can already sense the anxiety in your voice.  Just keep it cool man, you've got nothing to worry about...," said Jaden, "Yet"

Seconds later they began to enter the atmosphere of the dust like planet, only to know that their accusations had been brought to reality.  Visibility was going to be down incredibly, and the beacon that Delta would be sending out would be a hard find, but they had a relative location of the transport.  All of the coordinates had been screened into the pilots internal systems, letting them all know which direction they were going to be going once planet side.

Check its went well after the shaky entrance, and then the search began.  They were nearly 75 kilometers from their destination, but entering the planet's atmosphere from the point they did was their only option, without running into one of the storms that was brewing within the atmosphere.

Though the planet had a lot of gas structure, Jaden knew there was a ground beneath them.  They just couldn't see it.  It was solid, and the beacon from Delta was still reading through his fighter in the annoyance of a beep that it was, so he knew that there had to be some chance of life still within the transport.  Which was more information than the pilots of the squadron knew during the last portion of the mission.

"Viper leader to squadron, we've got a bit of a ride ahead of us, but keep your sensors and eyes peeled out there, you never know what could be in store for us," said Tomas, in a very comfortable tone.

"Affirmative on that leader," said Jaden, "Your plans on finding out the exact location of the transport sir?"

There was a brief pause before the squadron leader came back.

"Sensors are going to be our best bet here, and our only tech with the best sensor knowledge is down there, so it's pretty much all us.  We don't have any long range scanners that can reach this far," said Tomas, "It's going to be a hard find."

"Copy that, Viper Seven out," said Jaden.

Compensating for the wind resistance and overall weather on the planet of Osigao-Phi was a very difficult task at first, but Jaden had figured it out within minutes of arrival on the stormy planet.  The gusts were measured to be somewhere near 45-75 kmph.  The ion engines on the TIE's would be able to keep up with it, but power would need to be drawn from other systems for the time being to keep the speed and consistancy up that the squadron had paced itself at during the current flight.

Atmospheric flight was Jaden's vice.  He knew it much better than other pilots; it being his first area of training within a fighter.  His uncle had tought him all the ropes of flying, but hesistated for nearly a year before taking him into space.  Jaden remembered back to the exact day of pre-space travel.

"I'm very skeptic about doing this at this point in your life Jade, just because I know how much more curious you are than your brother," said Hal.

Jaden smiled, taking the nudge that his uncle had just given him on his hair, ruffling it all up to the point of scruffyness.

"I know my limits Hal," said Jaden, "And you can trust me by now in a fighter, can't you?" said the adolescent male, at the controls of the TIE Interceptor.  At his age of 17, most of his peers hadn't even thought about doing what he was accomplishing at this point in his life.

"So whats so bad out here that I could end up getting myself into trouble with?"

Hal hesitated to release the information.

"Well, there's a whole lot more out there than you know at this point, and if you travel the wrong way at the wrong time, you could end up getting yourself into a lot of things that you don't know how to deal with right now," said Hal, "And I would hate to be the one to have the burden of knowing that I sent you out here with the knowledge to do something you don't know the full extent of"

Jaden completely understood what his uncle was telling him.

"I understand the reprocussions of what I could end up doing here, but you know like I said before, you can trust me with anything Hal," said Jaden, "Even though my parents don't condone you doing any of this"

Hal laughed.

"They never would"

Jaden Khaar

Viper Squadron

We Fly, You Die

Mira O'Riley
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  13
November 29, 2007 2:51:15 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"Which would to think would be worst being sucked into space or dying in a horrible firey ball on this planet?' Mira asked Strangler as they flew warm up drills around one another behind the rest of the TIE fighters.

"Not sure that's sort of asking if drowning is better then hanging.  But I would probably say the firey ball of doom, least with space you would die pretty quickly," Strangler replied and Mira chuckled.

"Guess so, I wouldn't mind the fireball as long as I took the enemy with me," Mira said and flipped a few switches to adjust her sheilds and radar to the weather and dust, "Frag, last thing we need is for our air filters to get filled with grime.  Do you know how hard that is to clean out of a motor, almost impossible!"

"Morbid aren't you?"

"Sometimes, look at what we deal with," Mira said her voice dropping a little before she turned her music back on, "Listen let's not start spouting theories of life to one another, we can do that when we get back, there will always be time later," she said a knot twisting in her stomach before she turned on the all hands commlink.

"Crewman O'Riley are you still listen to that music?' Tomas practical growled.

"Yeps, anyway, anyone else have a bad feeling about this, like something has already gone wrong?"
Tomas
ComNet Member

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  324
December 1, 2007 5:36:22 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"Brace yourself Vipers, things are about to get choppy," Tomas warned over the intercom as he guided his fighter towards the threshold. "We're entering the atmosphere now, Suspense."

"Copy that Viper One, keep in touch will ya?" Shodon, the Commander of the Star Destroyer replied. This had surprised the young squadron commander at first, he was not used to Commanders being so...personable and involved in the ship's lesser affairs.

"Yes, Sir." Tomas confirmed, before entering the storms below. Static followed temporarily, as his ship's communications adjusted to the surrounding interference. Checking his scanners, he found them to have become a tad unreliable as they occasionally cut out or failed to show one or two of his fellow squadronmates. Nevertheless, Tomas had requested all of his pilots to use the buddy system: if they lost track of their wingmate they were to report it back to him immediately, no delays.

"I can't see shit in this," Aleia commented through the comm. With several pilots restrained in the medical bay, she had moved to his wingmate position. She was right, the storms were offering no visuals, even less than they had expected. It seemed especially bad at this altitude as the main storm clouds swirled around and below them.

"Viper Two, on me...let's see if we can get under this madness." Receiver her affirmative, Tomas tilted his control stick slightly, causing a shallow descent. Around him the storms continued to swirl, and he could faintly hear the many sand bits hitting his hull. As they continued to get lower though, the storm cleared somewhat. Visibility was still minimal, but they could now make out the planet's surface...albeit barely. Denser funnels of sand swirled in the distance forcing the two TIEs to pay close attention to their surroundings.

“Viper Lead to Squadron, you copy? It's a lot clearer down here. Feel free to join us.” Due to the instability of his sensors, Tomas wasn't sure if his had message gotten through, especially with the denser clouds between them and the rest of the squadron. He was relieved to see enough had gotten it such that the entire squadron emerged from above. “Keep your eyes sharp guys. Storm fronts, landmasses, fellow pilots you name it, there's a lot to be mindful of if we want to survive. That and the objective of our mission of course.”

“Affirmative, Viper Lead.” C-3PX2 responded, followed by similar confirmations from the rest of the squadron. That is, except for Mira who simply hummed along to the music playing in her cockpit. A mutter over the comm from Aleia made Tomas smile inwardly. At least I'm not the only one being annoyed by her attitude.
“Mira, please knock it off with the music for now. We have enough to worry about out here that we don't need you losing focus in the middle of the mission.” Tomas requested, seriously doubting his order would have any effect. He was being pushed around by one of his squadron members and he didn't like it. It would be detrimental to his squadron if he allowed the subservience to go on much longer. He'd already made a note to do something about it once this mission was complete.

Nothing out there yet...

OOC:
551 words.
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Trojan Horse  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:33:14 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 85  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >