Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I
Yillis
ComNet Veteran

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1182
Total Posts:  1598
  RE: Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I
July 12, 2007 9:37:15 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
Yillis got the boy to point out the Leader of the resisitance, and they tried to resuscitate him.

"Wh&Who&Brynt, what are you doing, who are these people."

"It's alright father, they are on our side."

"How do you know?"

"They've proved themselves to me."

"Hmm, alright," The man seemed to trust the boy, so he shifted his attention to Yillis, "Sir, do an ally a favor and untie me?"

"As you wish commander."

Yillis cut the man's bonds, and he stood up and extended his hand."

"I am Farge Hallvor, leader of this resistance.  You've met my son Brynt."

"Senior Sergeant Yillis, of the Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise, now I must ask you to explain yourself."

"Of course. We are here to fight the regime."

"That is good enough for me. We've become so desperate, we must take this chance."

"I thank you even for that. One moment. Paladin! Form up."

The squad form a military line in front of Yillis and Farge.

"Patrol the outer rims of the encampment, report any disturbances immediately. Move out."

The squad look at each other, made practiced motions, and split up and went out in perfect unison towards opposite sides of the encampment. Yillis turned back towards Farge, "Your planning tent?"
Senior Sergeant Yillis
-Paladin-

SL/SSGT Yillis/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR] [WM] [GS] [LoC] [CM-BS]

Clearly Canadian!

Gentle When Stroked - Fierce When Provoked!
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  390
Total Posts:  3440
July 13, 2007 11:09:39 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
After releasing every revolutionary from their bonds, Lucky followed suit and formed a military line in front of Yillis and Farge.  The man looked very respectable. He looked different than most men she had seen on other planets.  He looked young , with his black hair and a muscular body. His legs looked like they were made out of steel , and his biceps could be seen through his shirt. They were that impressive.

At Yillis's orders, she did not hesitate to follow Alan into the brush. They scouted the environing forest for any signs of enemy scouts . Finding none on their first round, they went deeper into the forest, looking under every bush or tree. Anything that had leaves still.

As they continued circling around the encampment , Lucky found a fair-sized hole in the rock face of a small cliff. Cautiously, she approached it, Alan behind her, watching , listening for any sounds that were out of the ordinary. Finding none so far, she flattened herself against the side of the rock face. She slowly, cautiously , moved her head towards the gap and turned on her night vision.    inside, she saw the outline of an odd-shaped object.

She slowly, moved forward to stand in the very centre of the opening. Seeing as nothing was moving, she motioned to Alan to follow her, telling him that she saw something with hand signals.  Together, standing side by side with their rifles at the ready, they moved deeper into the cave. It was unusual to find a cave like this in a forest, but it was possible. She had a childhood memory of finding one , smaller than this. But it had been a cave all the same.

As they approached the dark shape, they both saw that it was not a person or creature. It was a solid object. she quickly scanned it to see if it was a bomb or anything harmful. It had the green light, still she was cautious and lifted it with her rifle. They looked at it closely and Lucky thought it looked like an odd-shaped water bottle. she let Alan inspect it before they cautiously moved back out of the cave, watching for signs of an ambush and made their way back to camp to show the bottle to Yillis.  They had found nothing else. just the bottle. No enemies in sight.  Not yet anyway.
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1]

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring about the Light

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  38
Total Posts:  117
July 13, 2007 1:19:25 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji quickly hustled to formation with the rest of his squad. He quickly examined the revolutionary leader Farge. He noticed there was something odd about this man but he could not figure out what it was. He looked closely at him but he just seemed like an ordinary man that fights for revolutionary's, big and strong. Thats when he noticed it, he was young. Renji had expected him to be much older then he was. He lost his train of thought when he heard Yillis give a command. It was simple, they were to go out into the forest and search for any thing unusual.

He walked out into the forest about ten meters away. He examined all around but only found wildlife native to the planet. He wanted to make sure that there was not anything out there so he journeyed a little farther out.

The farther out that he went the more uneasy his stomach felt. He felt like there was a rock in the pit of his stomach. He looked around him to make sure he was alone. Again all he saw was wildlife. He still felt uneasy. He checked around him to make sure that there was not anything out of the ordinary. He could not find anything so he turned around to head back to camp and report.

As he turned he stepped on something hard and round. He knew what it was instantly. Oh hell. he thought as he turned to start to run but it was to late and he knew it. The thing he stepped on was a mine. It exploded and it caught him in the blast radius. He was thrown back and smashed into a tree. He checked and saw that he still had all his limbs as he slowly slipped out of consciousness. His vision was slowly beginning to be elapsed darkness. He opened a comlink channel to his squad.

"Hello, hello. Renji, what is it. Renji are you there?." It was Yillis. Renji did not answer because he was out cold.
-Paladin-

TRP/PFC Renji/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR]

People have hope because they dont see death standing behind them.
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  392
July 13, 2007 2:20:54 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was walking back with Alan when they heard the explosion. She heard Yillis calling Renji, but there was no answer on his end. He's hurt . I've got to go help him.  She gave Alan the item they had recovered and ran towards Renji's last known location. She knew it was near camp, but she wasn't sure where. She  was running toward camp when she saw an area where trees were damaged, some of them were completely de-rooted while others were missing a branch.

She ran in that direction and saw a spot in the grass where it was scorched and some burned away even. Mines! Got to be careful and tell the others.   She opened a comlink to the squad and informed them of potential mines in the area. She also informed Yillis that she suspected  Renji was injured.

She searched for him, and finally found him , unconscious in the grass not far from where the mine had detonated. She bent over him, checked his vital signs , picked him up in her arms and carried him back to camp.

She kept walking , still carrying the young soldier when she saw Yillis and Commander Farge looking their way. She nodded to them both and lsid Renji on the ground.

She took off his armour and carefully inspected his wounds. When she saw that none of them were life-threatening she gave him a shot of painkillers that would help him with the pain when he came to.

Next she bandaged her wounds and took out slivers of shrapnel that were mebedded in his skin.  Finally, she let him rest and went to Yillis to inform him of Renji's injuries and of the item her and Alan had found in a cave not far from camp.

After that, she sat beside Renji and waited for him to regain consciousness so  she could evaluate him for further injuries.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 13, 2007 7:15:47 PM)]
Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  40
July 13, 2007 8:57:45 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji felt his body being moved around as he lay unconscious. He was placed down on the ground and he felt his armor being removed and being checked for injuries. He heard talking as he lay on the ground. He started waking up. As he opened his eyes he had to shut them from the pain. He was positioned so that he got the full blast from the suns light.

He sat up and looked around. He saw Lucky and Alan showing Yillis a mysterious looking bottle that they must have found while searching the jungle. He tarted to move all of his joints as protocol to make sure that all of his joints were still in working order. He found that everything was in working order, the only thing was that he was in excruciating pain. He attempted to get up but he was in to much pain. He looked around and found a branch. He took it and got up using the branch as a crutch.

As he got up he noticed Alan and Lucky look over and start walking over to him. He hobbled to meet them. They smiled as they met.

"Renji, your ok." said Lucky. "I found you in the forest and I was not sure how you were at first."

"I am fine thanks," Renji responded. "I felt like something was wrong as I walked around and I see now that I was right."

Yillis started over and joined them. "Renji I was not sure what had happen until Lucky came back with you. I am glad you are fine. I never wanted a casualty on this or any other mission." Said Yillis as he reached them.

"Thanks Yillis" He responded. He sat back down on a nearby log because the pain was starting to overwhelm him. "Sorry if this inconvenience the mission in any way at all."

"Thats fine," said Yillis. "Just relax for now and we will go from there."
-Paladin-

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  399
July 14, 2007 9:33:15 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was happy to see Renji conscious and walking around. She knew that the pain mediaction would have worn off by now, so she told him to stay seated and she gave him an injection of pain medication through one of the injector ports on his armor. She heard a relieved sigh come out of his mouth and smiled. She wasn't a medic, but had taken courses in first-aid.

She stood up from her crouching position, gave his shoulder a friendly squeeze and started to walk away. Remebering something she turned around , and told him to call her if he needed anything and gave him instructions to stay seated for a few minutes. To give the medication a chance to take effect.

She looked over at Yillis who had moved back to Commander Farge's side. They were both inspecting the bottle, talking amongst themselves. She slowly walked towards the, surveying her surroundings. Taking everything in  the daylight.

She sat down, her back against a tree watching all the activity. She knew she would have to do something but wasn't quite sure what.  Hunter seemed to be doing well, like Renji he was new to the squad except he was more recent.

She walked over towards him , and started talking to him. They talked about anything and everything. How he had come to join the VE, if he liked the squad, how he found the mission was going so far , what were his worries. Things like that. She enjoyed talking to him like she enjoyed conversing with everyone else in the squad.

He had expressed worries for his fellow squad mate Renji, when he called out her name. She excused herself to Hunter and walked back toward were Renji was sitting. He asked her if he could walk, his leg felt better. She said that he could and helped him get up off the tree trunk. She helped him hobble over to where Hunter was still standing, and told them that she would only be a minute. she walked towards Yillis and Farge and inquired about a de-mining operation.

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  355
Total Posts:  1795
July 14, 2007 12:05:41 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky and Alan were out on patrol and had come across a strange looking bottle.  They were on their way back when a large explosion went off.  Com chatter from Yillis identified that Renji was down.  Lucky handed Alan the bottle and went dashing off towards the explosion.  Alan's heart sank, he never wanted to lose a fellow squad member but there were always risks with being in the Army.  The last time Alan had nearly lost someone was when Tanus was shot back on Onderon, thankfully he had survived and Alan hoped that Renji would survive also.  He wanted to go and assist Lucky but he knew that she was best suited to give aid to Renji and the bottle might be of some importance so he felt he should head straight back to the camp and show it to Yillis.

When he returned back to camp he found Lucky tending to Renji's wounds.  Alan went over to them and was relieved to find that Renji was alright.  Lucky finished off tending to Renji's wounds and went over with Alan to Yillis to inform him of Renji's status.  Lucky and Alan then started to show Yillis the strange looking bottle.  Yillis glanced at it briefly and put it to one side when he saw Renji stir.  They all went to him and chatted to him making sure that he was feeling ok.  Whilst their backs were turned, no-one noticed when small metallic legs sprouted out of the bottle and it shuffled away quietly.

Yillis returned back to Commander Farge to resume their planning and Lucky wandered over to Hunter to have a chat to him.  Alan patted Renji on the back and decided to have another look at the strange bottle.  He had never seen anything like it before and wondered why it had been lying in a cave.  He wandered back to where Yillis had left it only to find it was no longer there.  He shrugged, figuring that one of the revolutionaries must have taken it.  He moved over to a tree and lay back against it to wait on when the squad would be called into action.  Little did he know how soon that would be.
TRP/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Hunter Plasma
ComNet Novice

Hunter Plasma

Post Number:  43
Total Posts:  89
July 14, 2007 2:48:21 PM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
Paladin form up.", shouted Yillis . Hunter Plasma and the rest of the Paladin Squad rushed into military line. Yillis had well built young man standing next to him, whom Hunter assumed was the revolutionaries leader. Yillis gave an easy but dangerous job: survey the surrounding area for anything suspicious. They all took
different routes, Hunter took the route about fifty yards away from Renji. He walked about twenty yards away from base and stopped and looked everything fine here so he kept walking about another hundred yards before he heard something rustle in a massive bush. He quickly picked up a large stick and launched it at the overgrown plant. To Hunter's relief it was only a small forest
creature. "Boom"an explosion went off about fifty yards away. Yillis statically alerted the squad that Renji had been injured and to watch out for mines. Oh no, not on my first mission. I hope he's okay. Hunter ran back to base praying Renji had not been seriously injured but all the time watching for mines. He got back to camp fine and immediately was at Renji's side. Lucky was there tending to his wounds. Renji seemed to be okay so Hunter went and propped himself against a tree. About that time Lucky walked over to Hunter and said,

"What's up with you"
" Well besides being scared half to death thinking that one of my squad mates almost got blown into bits, nothing much. How bout you?
" Pretty much the same. How you likin' the squad?"
"It's a good squad I like the fact we do assinations and abductions, killing people of power is great."
" Not as great as you'd think."
"The only thing I'm worried about is that if this government has the nerve and is brutal enough to kill their own people imagine what they'll do to us.So is Renji gonna be okay?"
"Yeah he'll be okay. He got some shrapnel stuck in him but I got them all out. Hopefully this will be the last bad thing to happen and our luck will start being good."
Sadly Hunter had the feeling there would be more bad luck to come.
I want what's coming to me . "what's coming to you?" The world Chico, and every thing in it.
-Tony Montana

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  415
July 16, 2007 9:21:37 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was talking with renji when Yillis she saw Yillis talking to Farge. She cocked her head their way and was bale to hear what was being said. they were talkking about their targets and their locations.

"Farge, do we know the targets?"

"Yes , Sir. They are Gaven Opws'rh, Deek Keslig, Nufare Odana and Ip Sidno.  IP Sidno is the chief of the group, the leader if you want to put it that way.

Lucky couldn't really understand all that was being said, so she just let them talk amongs themselves. but a few minutes later, Yillis turned around and shouted "Paladin , form up!"

Everyone scrambled to their feet. Lucky made sure Renji could walk on his own before getting in the military line.

"Listen up Troopers.  We will be going to the Tundei parliamentary compound to eliminate the following targets :
Gaven Opws'rh, Deek Keslig, Nufare Odana and  Ip Sidno .  They are all politicians. Ip Sidno is the leader of the political group. Our objective is to get to the complex and eliminate them. Farge and some of his men will lead us there.  Let's move out!"

With taht, yillis turned around and started marching out of the forest. Everyone walked in silence , they were finally going to  do what they had come here for.

They would reach the complex by nightfall. Lucky couldn't wait. she looekd back, made sure Renji was OK before marching in silence.

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 16, 2007 9:33:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 16, 2007 9:42:28 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 16, 2007 9:48:54 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  370
July 16, 2007 1:24:35 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Yillis gave the order "Paladin squad, form up".

Alan, along with the rest of the squad formed up in a straight line and was then briefed by Yillis who the targets were.  The squad then started to head off through the forest on their way to the Tundei Parliamentary compound.  Little did they know they were being watched.

In the distance, a small odd shaped bottle with spindly legs observed and watched as the squad headed out through the forest.  A small antenna extended from the neck of the bottle and several seconds retracted.  The bottle then proceeded to follow the squad discretely.

Within the Parliamentary building, Ip Sidno was given a report from one of his aides.  Sidno read it thoroughly.

"So" he said out loud and to no-one in particular, "the revolutionaries have themselves some allies.  Well, we will have to ensure that we give them a suitable welcome".

He waved one of his officers over and said "it seems the revolutionaries have some allies and are coming here, inform the army and have them prepare a suitable welcome for them".

The squad trekked slowly through the forest.  The forest was very dense in some parts and the troopers at the front had to take out their blades and hack through the brush to let the rest of the squad through.  The squad walked in silence, their minds focused on the upcoming mission and how it would go.

Alan wondered who would be assigned to which target.  He hoped that he would be assigned the target of Ip Sidno.  He did not know the man but he knew that a government that forced mere children to rise up and take arms against them then he could not be a very pleasant person and he needed to be taught a lesson.

Glancing back he saw Renji hobbling slowly behind them.  He hoped that Renji would recover soon.  He knew the kid was strong though so he should make a full recovery and soon.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 16, 2007 1:31:42 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  424
July 16, 2007 3:54:42 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky kept moving , keeping up with Farge, Yillis , Alan and the revolutionaries.  Everyone was silent except for an occasional grunt. Lucky looked behind her to make sure everyone was following allright. 

The forest was quiet. A few little critters were running around here and there. But that was about it. Lucky's mind wandered to her family. What was her mother doing now? What was she cooking?

Lucky shook her head vigorously.  No thoughts like that on missions she scolded herself.

The grass and leaves were damp with dew. The vegetation here was still cool and wet from the morning.  She took a deep breath and let the smells of nature fill her lungs.  She enjoyed the outdoors. It made her feel free, and like she could do anything.

The hours passed, and still no sign of the complex.  They ate lunch while still walking, and only stopped for a five-minute break.  Everyone drank deeply from canteens they each had and filled them up at a nearby spring.

"Let's move!" Yillis shouted encouraging the squad.  The sun was sinking in the horizon.  We'll be there soon.

Sure enough, three hours later. when the sun was sinking below the tiops of the trees, they could see a small fenced-in complex through their night vision.

'Allright, Paladin. you can get a few hours' rest, but then we'll have to move" Yillis announced. He and Commander Farge took first watch , Lucky and Alan would take second. and then they would move on the complex.

lucky wrapped herself in the warm blanket she had brought and was sound asleep in moments. Yillis would wake her up when her shift was up.

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  47
July 16, 2007 6:09:05 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji was relaxing when he heard Yillis give that long awaited order to form up. He quickly briefed the squad on their targets and they began to head out. He was able to walk along with the pace of the group which was good because he knew that meant that his body was beginning to recover from the blast.

As they walked along he noted the position of the sun meant that it was getting close to night fall. That meant they were getting close to the objective in which they were supposed to reach at nightfall.

"Let's move!" Yillis shouted encouraging the squad. He knew that Yillis was trying to encourage them to move a Little faster so he began to pick up the pace. He looked around and saw that the rest of the squad was silent, probably thinking of the upcoming battles and assassinations.

WowHe thought to himself as he remembered his child hood. This time I am not the on trying to be killed. No, I have got to focus on the mission for now. He walked along in silence with the rest of the squad thinking about the mission.

------------------------------------

They finally reached the compound three hours later. He noted that the sun had just sunken below the horizon. He watched it for a few minutes as he waited for the next set of orders to come.

"Alright, Paladin. you can get a few hour's rest, but then we'll have to move" Yillis announced. He then announced the watch groups and everyone settled down to sleep.

He awoke to people talking. He sat up and saw that it was just Yillis and Farge changing shifts with Alan and Lucky. He tried to fall back to sleep but he was to anxious so he got up to join Lucky and Alan with watch duty.
-Paladin-

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  426
July 17, 2007 10:36:29 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky heard him before she saw him. Renji was limping their way. Even thoug he was supposed to be sleeping.  In a low voice she said "Renji, you should get some sleep. We'll be leaving soon."

"I can't sleep. I'm too antsy to go back to sleep." he replied.

Lucky looked at Alan, who nodded. She invited Renji to sit down beside her. In the silence you could hear everything amplified.  You could hear a few birds chattering, crickets singing , and  where the complex was ; the faint hum of a generator.

The three of them sat in silence, watching, listening for anyone approaching their camp. The minutes passed without their seeing anyone. In a few minutes they would leave. So she went to where Yillis was sleeping and woke him.

He groggily asked what was up . "It's time , Sir."

He got up and they started to wake everyone up.

" You all have five minutes to get ready!" he shouted.

Lucky already had her stuff packed. She had packed it while on watch duty. She waited for the rest of the squad to have all their things together and ready to fo before getting back into a military line.

With Yillis and Farge leading the group, they silently marched toward the complex. Twenty minute slater, they were in front of the fence. Trying to figure out a way to get on the other side.

Lucky tentatively started climbing up the fence, hoping not to get caught by security. luckily for her, the fence wasn't very high, so in less than a minute she  was standing on the other side.

The rest of the squad did exactly the same, and in less than five they were all staring at the very big complex.

"Allright people, listen up! We'll be split into groups. Lucky, Alan you both are with me. We'll be assassinating  Ip Sidno , Gaven Opws'rh .Hunter and Renji ,you guys will assassinate  Deek Keslig and Nufare Odana.

"Let's move Troopers!" With that, he sent the teams a minimap of where their specific targets were located. And everyone silently jogged to the entrances nearest the politicians' positians. 

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 17, 2007 10:46:34 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  375
July 17, 2007 12:39:06 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan, Lucky and Yillis started moving towards where Ip Sidno would be located. Alan was very delighted to be going after Sidno.  They sneaked inside the building and crept silently down the corridor.  Lucky checked the map and noticed that Sidno's office was round the next bend.  She quickly relayed the information to Alan and Yillis.

"Permission to do the honours Sir?" asked Alan as they got up to the corner.

"He's all yours" replied Yillis.

They rounded the corner and were met with a dozen troops.

"It's a trap" said Lucky as she drew her weapon and fired.  Alan and Yillis raised their weapons and fired into the troops.  Three or four soldiers fell instantly as the rest returned fire.

"Take cover" ordered Yillis.  Alan and Lucky dived for cover as they continued to return fire.  Alan found cover in a nearby doorway and peering out, he returned fire.  The accuracy of Alan, Lucky and Yillis soon had the remaining troops eliminated.

"Sidno" said Yillis as he kicked open the door to his office.  The office was empty.

"Damn it" muttered Alan.

Lucky noticed on Sidno's desk that there was a computer terminal.

"Maybe if I access his computer I can find out where he has gone to".

She sat down at his desk and speedily tapped various buttons on the keyboard.  The screen flashed up with lots of digits as Lucky scrawled through all the text.

"He knows of us and is making his way to his personal shuttle" said Lucky.

"Let's move it people" ordered Yillis.

They all hastily dashed off to intercept Sidno before he had a chance to escape.

"What about Hunter and Renji?" queried Alan.

Yillis tried to get in contact with them through the com but to no avail.  He replied "they must be jamming all communications, they are on their own".

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 17, 2007 12:41:23 AM)]
Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  50
July 17, 2007 1:15:04 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji checked his map and saw that their first target would be Deek Keslig. He looked at Hunter and nodded for them to start moving. They moved along the building trying to keep to the shadows as much as possible. As he walked Renji noticed that his leg was back to normal. For once something is going right, he thought to himself.

He tried to be as silent as possible when he opened the door and to his relief it opened without a sound. They quietly went into the building keeping low to the ground to avoid detection. They stopped briefly to check their destination.

"All we have to do is take the next left and it will be the first office on the right." Renji said to Hunter. His only response was a quick nod. The moved down the corridor and turned the corner and came face to face with six troops.

The leader smirked, "Hello Boys." He aimed his gun at Renji. He was able to get out of the way just in time as the leader fired. He heard more people coming from behind them and he swore. They took out their guns and started to unload on the troops in front of them. As Hunter kept the ones in front of them at bay Renji turned and lobbed a grenade around the corner at the oncoming troops. He heard it detonate and the corresponding shrieks of pain coming from the troops caught in the blast radius. He turned the corner and held his gun up. It seemed that only one troop had survived and he was unconscious. He turned back around the corner and saw that Hunter had finished off the rest of the troops. They quickly hurried down the hall to Deek Keslig's office and kicked in the door. They looked around the office and saw that he was not their.

"What about the others?" asked Hunter. "If there was an ambush party waiting for us there must have been one for them to." Renji opened a channel to the other half of the squad and all he heard was static.

"The line is being jammed." he said. " We are on our own."
-Paladin-

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  430
July 17, 2007 1:45:29 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky sprinted toward the nearest Exit. No one was waiting for them this time. She ran outside and turned the corner to where the hangar was supposed to be located. 

They were met by a resistance of five officers. don't these guys ever learn?   She saw Farge and a few of his men running towards them, guns raised to meet the enemy. But before they could do anything, the three Paladin soldiers had gunned down their adversaries.

As soon as the gunfight was over, Lucky spotted Sidno quickly making his way to the hangar. She raised her weapn and fired a shot. He was moving so fast, that she only managed to shoot him in the leg.

That was enough to make him slow down and pause just long enough so that Alan could shoot him in the back. He told Farge
to post some of his men in and around tha hangar , just in case the others also tried to escape.

Next on the trio's list was Gaven Opws'rh and they'd probably try and locate the tower that was jamming their communications.

She followed her map closely. Even though that may be a trap also. But revolutionaries were guarding the hangar.

They moved back inside the buidling, and walked into numerous hallways. The building seemed strangely deserted. 

This is odd. I don't like this.

"Be on your guard guys" cautioned Yillis.  They moved very silently, following the directions the map gave them and finally came to Gaven's office. Lucky motioned to everyone to get down and put her ear against the door.

She could hear someone typing on a computer on the other side of the door. She made a motion that indicated to be very silent and slowly opened the door a tiny crack. she could see the man at his desk, typing something on his computer. She slowly slid the barrel of the gun in the crack and aimed at his forehead.

She fired and the bolt hit him right in between the eyes. He gasped before falling back on his chair dead.

lucky opened the door, making sure taht no one had heard or seen them, moved toward the desk where the now dead Gaven was slumped, looked at the computer screen and downloaded the information before moving out of the room .

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  51
July 17, 2007 4:26:56 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji proceeded down the hall to Nufare Odana's office closely followed by Hunter. He checked his map every few minutes to make sure that they were going the right way. Every so often they en-counted a small group of troopers here and there. They eliminated every trooper they came in contact with. It seems quiet. Renji thought to himself. They must have thought that the first wave of troops that we encountered had been enough.

They followed the corridor until they came to Nufare Odana's office. He pressed his ear to the door and heard talking in the next room. Before he opened the door he checked an image of Nufare Odana and Deek Keslig to make sure he knew what they both looked like. He quietly opened the door and looked in. He saw both his targets sitting with their backs to the door conversing.

"I am glad that we had a surveillance camera so that we knew that the revolutionaries were coming with there new friends." commented Deek.

"I agree," said Nufare. "Did you here that one of those people that are helping the revolutionaries was blasted by a mine that we put down in the woods?" Just at that moment both Nufare and Deek felt the barrel ends of blaster pistols on the back of their heads.

"I am sorry to disappoint you but that mine did not kill me" said Renji. He and Hunter both pulled their triggers and their victims slumped down in their chairs. Renji noticed as he proceeded over to the computer that there was a look of shock on the dead politicians faces. He accessed the computer and found on it a list showing the patrol routes of the guards and when they start their round. He smiled as he downloaded the file. He knew that it would be allot simpler trying to maneuver through the complex now.

He then tried to reach the others but their communications were still being jammed. He turned to Hunter and said "Lets go back outside now and see if the others are done."

"I agree." nodded Hunter.
-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  381
July 17, 2007 6:42:01 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan, Lucky and Yillis raced towards the hangar bay, hoping to catch Ip Sidno before he managed to get off the planet.  They arrived in time and watched him running towards a nearby shuttle.  Before Alan could say anything, Lucky raised her weapon and fired.  The shot went wide but she grazed him.  Sidno went down but then got up again and started hobbling towards the ship.  Lucky raised her weapon again.

This time Alan shouted to her "No!  Sidno is mine".  Lucky nodded and lowered her weapon.  Raising his pistol, Alan fired.  The bolt went straight and hit Sidno directly in the back.  Walking over to where he lay he saw Sidno crawling, trying in vain to get to his ship, blood oozing from the corners of his mouth.  Alan leaned down to him as he could see his lips moving.

"I'll make it worth your while if you let me go" he croaked.

Alan looked down at him and replied "not today".  With that he stood up and fired point blank several times into Sidno's head.  Alan didn't think that the stain left on the hanger deck would ever get cleaned completely.

They made their way back into the building and soon came across the office of Gaven.  Lucky opened the door slowly and fired a shot.  Gaven collapsed dead.

"We need to get in contact with Renji and Hunter.  Lucky, get us to the communications tower" ordered Yillis.

"Yes Sir" replied Lucky as she led the squad down a narrow set of corridors.  They exited the building and in front of them was a tall tower.  Running through the middle of the tower was a long metallic antenna.

Lucky gazed up the full length of the tower and commented "how are we going to disable it.  I guess I could patch into its computer system and see if I can disable it that way".

Alan looked up and down the tower before taking out his weapon. 

"What are you doing?" queried Lucky.

Alan suddenly let loose a number of shots directly at a junction box at the base of the tower.  There was a large explosion and all the lights around the tower went out.

"Nice" commented Lucky.

"I thought so" replied Alan, smiling.

Yillis immediately got on the com "Renji, Hunter, are you there?"

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  56
July 17, 2007 8:46:18 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji and Hunter were walking down the hall to the hanger when Renji's comlink crackled to life. "Renji, Hunter, are you there?" It was Yillis.

Renji smiled as he responded, "We are here Yillis. Both of our targets have been located and neutralised. We are heading back to the hangar now."

"Excellent. We are on our way back as well." Yillis replied. He could have sworn he heard Yillis breath a sigh of relief. If he did he could not blame him, it had been a difficult mission thus far and not only that it was his first mission as their squad leader so it was bound to shake him up a bit worse then the rest of the squad.

"Yillis, we have acquired a list showing the patrol routes of the guards and when they start their rounds. I am going to transfer it to you guys as well now." He started the transfer and in a few moments he heard the beep of the completed transfer. "Transfer complete. Did you get it all right?" he asked.

"I am looking at it right now," was the response he got from Yillis. "We will meet you at the hanger. Yillis out." Renji turned to Hunter and explained their situation. Just as Yillis had done hunter also sighed with relief.

They made their way back to the hanger while avoiding all the guards. The only problem that they ran into was the guard standing watch at the door that they needed to go out. when his back was turned Renji took out his vibroblade and walked up behind the man. He quickly and quietly stabbed him, eliminating him. They arrived at the hanger and were welcomed by a very happy Farge. When Renji explained the situation it seemed to only make him happier. They sat down and waited for the rest of the squad to arrive.
-Paladin-

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  447
July 18, 2007 11:55:33 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky, Alan and Yillis started walking toward the hangars. Their mission was complete. Now all they had to do was get out of here.  While she was walking, she reflected on everything that has happened on the mission.

The long wait, the meeting with the revolutionaries, the short battle they had had against them, the asassinations. It had all seemed to go by too fast for Lucky.

The three of them walked in silence. They would soon be on their way home. Lucky heard a rattling sound behind them and spun around to find a few officers staring at them, they had believed the trio dead , but apparently not.

Lucky sighed in exasperation and fired a short burst from her rifle , neutralising the whole bunch in the space of two seconds.  She walked towards them to find out what had been rattling, and found a set of keys. She inspected them , and walked away, pretending that nothing had happened.

They were all weary , having not slept in over a day. On the horizon, the sun was slowly sinking behind the few buildings.  She looked through the data files one final time to make sure that she hadn't forgotten anything. She closed the few files she had opened  and decided that she would browse through the file she had retrieved from Gaven's computer before handing the information over to the higher ups.

The silence was making her a little uneasy, but she did not say anything , for fear of interrupting their thoughts. Yillis spoke up , though. Finding the need for a short conversation.

"All right soldier?" he asked her.

"Fine, Sir. Just a little tired is all."

He nodded and fell silent once more. lucky heard footsteps again , and turned around. Rifle at the ready , but it was only Farge.

"Farewell my friends. please tell your people that we will remain allies to the Vast Empire."

'Thank you, Sir' the three of them responded.

'I wish you all safe passage. My men will make sure you get out of the system safely."

"Thank you, Sir" the thanked him before spotting the hangars and heading to where Rnji and Hunter were supposed to be meeting.

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  385
July 18, 2007 5:03:14 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan, Lucky and Yillis walked in silence towards the hangar.  The three were exhausted from the mission and were looking forward to its completion.  Nearing the hangar, they were soon joined by Renji and Hunter.  They greeted each other warmly and congratulated each other on a job well done.

"Let's go home" said Yillis as they went swiftly to the hangar.  Approaching the hangar they noticed that it was guarded by three soldiers.  Yillis was about to plan the attack when Alan looked over at him.  Yillis understood his questioning gaze and nodded.  Alan turned round and said "I'll take care of this" and before anyone else had time to say anything he had dashed off towards the guards.

"What the hell is he doing?" asked Renji as he watched in disbelief.

"His job" replied Lucky, looking on, hand on her weapon, ready to give aid if she thought he needed it.

Alan used the terrain to camouflage his approach.  He noticed that two of the guards were stationed on either side of the hangar doors which were fully open.  The third guard was patrolling the nearby area.  Alan moved swiftly up behind the soldier on patrol and grabbed his head, twisting it violently.  There was an audible crack and the soldier dropped instantly.  The sound caught the attention of the two guards stationed by the doors.  They moved round to find out the cause of it.  Turning swiftly, weapon in hand, Alan fired.  One of the guards was flung backwards, a smouldering hole clearly evident in the middle of his forehead.  The last guard aimed his weapon at Alan and fired.

Lucky watched on, her hand gripping her weapon tightly, wondering if she should give assistance or let Alan take them out on his own.  She knew he could take them on but she also wanted to lend a hand.  She watched as he eliminated two of the guards and realised that the third was a potential threat.  She started to get up to help when Yillis firmly grabbed her shoulder and brought her back down to a kneeling position.  She looked at him questioningly.

"He can take care of himself Lucky" said Yillis as he looked on.

Alan felt more than seen the last guard firing his weapon.  He spun and rolled, the blast flying over his head.  The guard moved, trying to re-acquire him.  He never got the chance as Alan brought his weapon to bear on him and fired.  The guard yelled in surprise and pain as a blaster bolt hit him square in the chest.  Alan fired again, the guard flew backwards from another shot in the chest.  Alan fired one last time, the guard flew backwards and landed dead on the ground, a shot right between the eyes.

The rest of the squad seeing that the guards were down quickly joined him.  Lucky looked down at the last guard, commenting "did you get him".

Alan smiled and replied "I think so".

The squad entered the hangar, looked around and started moving towards a nearby shuttle when Alan spotted it.  His heart raced with excitement as he looked longingly at it.

"Let's go" said Yillis as he noticed that Alan had stopped inexplicably.

"Sir, I think we should take this one instead" replied Alan, pointing to an old YT-1300 Light Freighter.

Yillis nodded and motioned for the squad to get on board.  They quickly boarded the ship and Alan strapped himself into the pilot's seat with Lucky beside him in the co-pilots seat.

"Everyone strapped in?" queried Alan.

"We're all set back here, let's go" ordered Yillis.

"Roger that Sir" replied Alan as he fired up the engines.  Alarm klaxons resounded around the hangar and the doors immediately started to close.  Alan guided the ship off the ground and manoeuvred it on its side.  The ship slid through the narrow gap before the doors closed.  Alan then guided the ship out of the planet's atmosphere and deep into space.  He set the co-ordinates for home.

"I hope the other squads got on as well with their missions as we did with our mission" said Lucky.

"I'm sure they did Lucky, I'm sure they did" replied Alan as the ship lurched into hyperspace.

The End

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 18, 2007 5:10:23 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:07:32 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 111  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >