Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I
Renji
ComNet n00b

Renji

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  117
  RE: Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I
July 4, 2007 11:41:55 AM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji was calibrating his guns when he heard some thing heavy hit the floor. He looked up and saw Lucky had just sent Hunter spraling.

"Ouch," he thought to himself. he saw kantar laugh as hunter got up. "Well it looks like this will be interesting." He put all of his equipment away and fell asleep for a breif nap. 

-----------------------
People have hope because they dont see death standing behind them.
AlanRJ
ComNet Cadet

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  241
Total Posts:  1795
July 4, 2007 11:57:03 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was getting restless.  He hated long journeys and this one seemed to be taking forever.  When he was restless, he paced.  He wondered if his pacing was bothering any of his squad.  Looking around he saw that most were either chatting or sleeping, except for Kantar.  Kantar was still chuckling quietly.  Alan smiled as he watched his friend still enjoying what had happened to Hunter.  Alan glanced over at Hunter who had regained his composure somewhat.  He was looking forward to the mission.  Alan glanced over at Lucky who had settled back into her chair.  He thought about going over and talking with her but then decided not to.  Instead he went back to the view port and watched the stars streaking past as the ship hurtled through space on its way to Abregado-Rae.

-----------------------
ASL/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Yillis
ComNet Veteran

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1172
Total Posts:  1598
July 5, 2007 6:29:34 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
Yillis watched as Abregado-Rae got bigger in the transparasteel window. He knew that he had to get 100% on this mission. He hoped that his squad was well prepared, but he could tell they were.

The shuttle went burned through the atmosphere, and quickly made it's way down to the surface of the planet. Flying low, the shuttle rocketed to a clearing in some forested terrain, and made it's descent.

The door was open before the shuttle hit bottom and Yillis jumped out first, followed by Alan and the rest. The pilot killed the engines as soon as he touched down and the world became deathly quiet. The squad listened for any odd sound, but only heard sounds of the creatures in the forest, nothing unusual.

"Ok squad, move out east until 40 meters inside the forest wall. Pilot, don't leave till we're all in cover."

The squad took off in a very military run to the forest, Yillis taking up the rear, and just as ordered, the pilot took off the second Yillis entered the forest.

Reaching the mark Yillis set, the squad halted.

"Ok we're setting up base here for now, when it's light out, we're moving out to meet revolutionaries."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Yillis
-Paladin-

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/SSGT Yillis/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [WM] [GS] [LoC] [CM-BS]

Clearly Canadian!

Gentle When Stroked - Fierce When Provoked!
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  329
Total Posts:  3440
July 5, 2007 8:27:58 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky stood near Renji and Alan. She could not see well in the dark, so she made sure to always stay with the squad and have her nightvision on.

She looked around her. it was shady and cool here. She kept her senses on full alert , and waited for their next orders.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1]

-Paladin-

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring about the Light

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 5, 2007 8:48:43 PM)]
Renji
ComNet n00b

Renji

Post Number:  21
July 5, 2007 8:39:18 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji stood waiting for the next part of the mission. He was standing close to Lucky and Alan. He noticed Lucky and a few other squad members turn on their night vision nd decided it would be best to do the same.

He looked around and watched the wind blow through the trees. He heard the night time animals and sighed. I cant believe that this peaceful place will probably be the seen of a battle, he thought as he settled down and waited.

-----------------------
-Paladin-

TRP/PFC Renji/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR]

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  334
July 6, 2007 8:02:52 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky looked around her for the third time in ten minutes. Everything was quiet except for the sonds of nighttime life. She looked at her surroundings. just trees , green leaves and lsuh, long grass.

She propped her Rifle against a tree and sat beside it. It wasn't really comfprtable, but atleast she got to rest her aching legs.

-----------------------

-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Cadet

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  279
July 6, 2007 12:04:57 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The shuttle grew ever closer to the ground as the door started swinging open.  Finally thought Alan.  He felt like he had been on the ship for several days when in fact it had only been a few hours.  Wanting to get off the ship, Alan leapt out after Yillis before it had landed.

Alan walked around.  He was glad to be out of the ship.  It was night, so he activated his night vision so he could see clearly.  Renji and Lucky joined him as he followed Yillis to their destination point.

They arrived quickly and started to set up camp.  Lucky found herself a tree and instantly crouched down.  Probably getting more sleep thought Alan as he listened to the various animal noises echoing around the forest.  How peaceful he thought as he walked round the camp taking in the surroundings and also looking for any signs of trouble.

-----------------------

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Kantar Selldar
ComNet Novice

Kantar Selldar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  73
Total Posts:  100
July 7, 2007 4:13:30 AM    View the profile of Kantar Selldar 
Kantar followed closely after Alan, jumping off before the ship landed, keeping as quiet as possible.

He then decided that he need to get a vantage point to get a bear on the squad's surroundings.

"Sarge, request permission to scope out our immediate surroundings."
"Permission granted, but stay frosty, always expect the worst."
"No problem, boss", Kanar said, making his way to the tree Lucky took refuge nest to, he used th ewinch on his armor to climb about 3/4th's of the way up the tree. Sitting on a V-shaped branch (branched otu to make a perfect seat, Kantar slugn his rifle off of his back, and began to scope the area.

After 45 minutes to an hour, Kantar saw nothing, and opned up a commlink to his squad.

"Alright people, aside from the usual woodland critters, as well as the occasional natives, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Yillis, would you like me to take first sentry watch, since I'm already up here?"

-----------------------
-Paladin-
TRP/CPL Kantar Seldar/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

It's a Good Day to die in the Empire's name, but it's also a better day to kill in the name of the Empire.
[This message has been edited by Kantar Selldar (edited July 7, 2007 4:14:37 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Cadet

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  291
July 7, 2007 12:00:24 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan walked round the perimeter of camp, scanning for any signs of trouble.  He took his time, glad to be mobile and out of the ship.  He was relieved when he didn't find anything out of the ordinary.  Over the comm. Alan heard Kantar requesting to be on first watch.  Oh crap thought Alan, guard duty.  He had always hated guard duty, sitting around, bored senseless with no action whatsoever and you knew that the second you decided to take a quick nap you either got discovered by your commanding officer or all hell breaks loose.

"Guess I'd better get some shut eye" muttered Alan under his breath.  A noise disturbed him and he whirled round to find the source, hand on his weapon.  He found Lucky, snoring soundly under the tree.  Guess she beat me to it thought Alan as he hunkered down by a nearby tree.  She'd better not keep me awake all night he thought as he closed his eyes to get some rest, his hand resting firmly on his blaster.

-----------------------

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  353
July 8, 2007 10:41:23 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky awoke a few hours ;ater. It was pitch black still, so she assumed that it would be a few hours at least before dawn. She heard deep snoring near her, she turned her head from side to side looking for it's source. She finally found it. Alan , her ASL was sleeping soundly , moderately volumed snores coming out of it's mouth. She smiled to herself and sat up, deciding to keep watch over the group until daen.

-----------------------

-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  305
July 8, 2007 1:41:42 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan curled up against a tree, hand resting on his blaster.  He figured he would never get any sleep as he could still hear Lucky's snoring echoing around the camp.  If there are any hostiles out there then they don't need to worry about where we are thought Alan.  His eyes slowly dropped and before he knew it he was asleep.

He woke suddenly and looked around to see what was going on.  Yawning and stretching he noticed that it was starting to get brighter.  He wondered why no-one had come to wake him for his shift on guard duty, and then he noticed Lucky standing guard.  I wonder if she knows how much I hate guard duty thought Alan as he stood up and brushed himself off.

"Morning sleepy head" said Lucky as she noticed Alan getting up.

Alan yawned again before replying "you should have woken me up Lucky, you need your rest as well you know".

Lucky nodded but replied "I got enough sleep earlier sir when we landed, but thank you".

Alan's stomach grumbled slightly.  I hope these revolutionaries have got some good food he thought as he waited to find out when they would be heading out to meet them.

-----------------------

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  26
July 8, 2007 6:21:25 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji started to wake up when he heard talking. He sat up looking around and noticed that it was getting light out. He looked over and noticed Alan and Lucky talking. I wonder why nobody woke me up for guard duty. he thought to himself. Is it because I am newer to the squad and they don't think I can? Well I will just have to try my hardest on this mission and prove to them that I can.

He got up and stretched. He heard something above him and looked up to see Some of the planets native birds on the tree branch. Even during the day this spot is peaceful. he thought to himself as he walked over to Lucky and Alan.
-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  316
July 8, 2007 6:28:34 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan heard some movement behind him, whirling around he noticed that Renji had stirred and was moving over to them.  Renji was new to the squad and had never fought with them before so Alan was looking forward to seeing how the new kid fought.

"Hey kid" said Alan as Renji approached.

"Hello Sir" replied Renji, "lovely day".

Alan looked up and watched the sun start to filter down through the trees.  The sound of the birds as they squawked and flew overheard.  Yes it was indeed a lovely day.

Alan nodded and replied "let's hope it stays that way".

"So when do we head out, I'm famished" asked Lucky.

Renji wished Lucky hadn't mentioned anything about food, now his stomach too wondered when breakfast would be.

"Soon Lucky" replied Alan "soon".

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  323
July 9, 2007 1:33:13 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan's stomach suddenly took a back seat, he knew something was wrong.  Something was out of place, but what.  He scanned the camp, looking for whatever it was that was nagging him.  Then he realised what it was, Kantar.

"Anyone seen Kantar?" queried Alan.

Alan looked around the faces of his squad mates and was met with a variety of shaking heads or blank looks.

Lucky finally chipped in "I think he was going to take first watch but I never seen him when I took my watch and he never woke me up either".

Yillis then said "he told me he was going to go into the trees to do some scouting and he was going to take his watch there but he wouldn't".

Alan never really heard the last of Yillis's statement as he remembered now that Kantar was going to take watch up in the treetops.  Surely not thought Alan as his eyes drifted upward and scanned the tree's.  "You gotta be kidding me" muttered Alan under his breath as he finally spotted Kantar sleeping peacefully in a branch.

"Kantar, Kantar wake up!" shouted Alan.

Suddenly Kantar woke with a start, almost falling out of the tree.  Alan panicked slightly, thinking he was going to have to rescue him.

He shook his head and thought to himself only Kantar would do something like that.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  30
July 9, 2007 1:56:24 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji's stomach was aching badly now. He had been up for a while and had nothing to eat yet. Thats when Alan started looking around asking if any one had seen Kantar. He thought to himself trying to think when he saw him last. All he could remember was seeing him last night before everyone slept.

Yillis then said "He told me he was going to go into the trees to do some scouting and he was going to take his watch there but he wouldn't".

He noticed Alan calling up one of the trees. He looked closely at the tree and saw Kantar laying asleep in a branch. He woke up after a while nearly falling off the tree. Renji breathed a sigh of relief, Kantar was fine. He felt a little pain in his Stomach and remembered he had not eaten. He wasn't quite sure if it was only hunger or nerves. Either way he wanted something to eat. He started to pace around camp waiting for the rebels.
-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  324
July 9, 2007 3:48:07 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was glad when Kantar finally used his jetpack to come back down to the ground.  He was going to say something, reprimand him for sleeping in such a precarious position but thought better of it.  Kantar was just being Kantar, nothing new there.

His thoughts of Kantar did not last long as his stomach growled, audibly this time.  Alan glanced around the squad, hoping that no-one heard it.  If they did, none was making it known.  That is except for Lucky, who Alan noted was giggling slightly.

Alan walked over to her, she opened her mouth but before she could utter a word Alan merely said "not one word Lucky" and walked off.

In the distance he could still hear Lucky giggling to herself.  It was going to be a long day, a very long day.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  363
July 10, 2007 11:57:48 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky's stomach was emitting loud growls and she could feel it shaking. it felt like her insides were shaking. She was so hungry , but she did not say anything. Lucky heard Alan's stomach rumble and smiled.  She noted that everyonemust be hungry. She took out a Ration pack and ate its contents. But that did not help. The food seemed not to help at all.

She sat down, her back against a tree trunk and waited for something to happen for they had just woken up .

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  328
July 10, 2007 12:07:15 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched as Lucky got out a ration pack.  Alan had never much cared for ration packs in the past but he suddenly realised how great an idea this was.  Alan was about to get a ration pack for himself until he heard Lucky's stomach grumbling.  Guess that didn't help thought Alan as he decided against getting a ration pack.

The forest now seemed alive with activity.  The sun started to shine more light and Alan could feel the warmth of the sun against him.  Even the animals seemed to be up and about as several chattering noises could be heard around them.

I guess we'll be heading out soon thought Alan as he looked around for Yillis.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 10, 2007 12:08:05 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  367
July 10, 2007 1:46:22 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky surveyed the area for Yillis's presence. She couldn't ait to get moving again even though thsi meant she would have to trekk hungry. She heard leaves rustle as small critters awoke and starte hunting for food which gave her  an idea. 

While we wait for Yillis why don't I make some sortof breakfast for everyone, even though we will all have very small portions.

She looked over at Alan and told him "I can make soem food using stuff we find in the wild want me to make some for you? I would be using leaves ,i can surely find herbs or different kinds of grasses. it may not look or sounfd apetising but it tastes great and fill you up good."

She got up and waited for his answer before she would start looking for ingredients for breakfast.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 11, 2007 3:27:28 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  331
July 10, 2007 8:02:30 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan did not get time to seek out Yillis as Lucky interrupted him by asking him if she should seek out some vegetation and make some breakfast.  Alan had to compose himself to some degree as the first thoughts in his head was oh hell yes.  His stomach grumbled again as he replied "that's a wonderful idea Lucky".

He watched Lucky disappearing into the forest.  He wished that she would find some sausages lying around somewhere but he knew that that was not going to happen.  His stomach rumbled again attracting the attention of several of his squad mates.  Alan merely smiled and said "carry on".

His stomach would have to wait as he looked around for Yillis.  Now where the hell did he disappear to wondered Alan.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 10, 2007 8:04:00 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  372
July 11, 2007 7:15:59 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky disapeared behind some bushes and started foraging for food around the outer rim of the campsite. She found some mint-scented leaves , different kinds of grasses and herbs which you could find around trees and near a water source.  She got everything she needed and got back to camp. She started a snall cooking fire and used a tin to boil water in.

A few minutes later , the meal was ready. A smell of fine herbs and mint flooded around the camp. She gave a small portion to Alan , took an equal-sized portion for herself and wondered if anyone else wanted some. The mix would keep them hydrated and their stomachs satisfied for a few hpurs atleast. She looked around for Yillis , wondering where he was. She hadn't seen him since the night before.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  336
July 11, 2007 12:12:38 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched Lucky disappear into the forest to look for some herbs and vegetation which would be edible for them.  He wondered that she would find and just how tasty it would be.  His stomach grumbled and he realised that it did not matter how tasty it was, just so long as it was edible was the only requirement his stomach was giving him.

It felt like hours but in reality Alan knew that only a short time had passed until Lucky had returned. 

"What have we got then?" queried Alan when she entered the camp.

"You'll just have to wait and find out" replied Lucky.

Alan watched in anticipation as she started cooking.  His eyes roamed over the concoction wondering what it could possibly be.  His nose sniffed the air and he could definitely smell a very flavoursome mint aroma wafting out.

Lucky finally gave him a small portion.  He heartily ate it, surprised as to how tasty it was.  His stomach wished that there were three or four portions for him rather than just one. 

Lucky watched him munching down on her concoction "I take it you are enjoying that Sir?" she queried.

Between mouthfuls, Alan replied "oh yes, very much so.  We may have to appoint you as the squad's cook from now on"

His eyes roamed around at the rest of his squad, wondering if any of them would not want their portion.  From the way his stomach had grumbled previously, he figured that they would all tuck into their tasty meal.

Finishing off his bowl he looked over at Lucky "wow that was very tasty indeed" he said.

Lucky smiled, glad that he had liked it and that it hadn't killed him, at least not yet anyway.  Alan looked around, he knew that they would be shortly heading off to meet the revolutionaries so he decided not to ask Lucky to make another round.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  376
July 11, 2007 4:00:28 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky put the rest of the meal in an airtight container and put it in her duffel. She would keep it wit her in case she or someone from her squad was hungry. she took the pan she had used for cooking and cleaned it in the spring near camp.  when she walked back to where Alan was sitting, she found him thoughtful.

"Wonder where Yillis is right now" he told her as he looked up at the sound of her approaching him.

"I'm sure he's not too far away" she told her Sergeant.

Lucky stood up and put her armor back together. She had taken some of it off for the night as it was too hot to stay in there when you didn't need it yet.

She looked around her and noticed everyone else was getting ready for business. some were putting on their armor while others were just  putting their stuff together. 

She picked up her Rifle and cleaned and serviced it. She did not want to go into battle witha  faulty weapon. She did the same with her Blaster  Pistols and DC-15s. She was chatting quietly with Alan when she heard a voice behind her say " Everyone ready?"

She turned around and saw yillis standing at the entrance of the clearing. She saluted her SL , as did everyone else and stood at attention waiting for orders.

She heard a few people holding in laughter. She did not know what was so funny. she turned around and all noise stoped, then turned her gaze back at Yillis. She was prepared for what was ro come.

She had spent the majority of the night meditating. Calming her mind and cleansing her spirit. It soothed her whenever she felt anxiousness or pain.

She felt a sudden coolness in the pit of her stomach. She sensed that something very bad would happen soon. How soon she did not know. the feeling made her stiff and tense, and she could not breathe easily. Each breath came out fast and ragged. She did not know if anyone would understand what se was feeling at the very moment.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  340
July 11, 2007 6:24:07 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan's stomach grumbled slightly.  He knew that this time it was not because of any hunger, more because he did not know what was happening.  He did not like the fact that their newly appointed Squad Leader had not been seen for some time.  Was he just going over the plans in solitude?  Had he gone to meet the revolutionaries alone?  Alan hoped he hadn't, he did not know how receptive these revolutionaries would be.  Alan moved over and talked to Lucky.  Lucky reassured Alan that Yillis would not be far away, and he wasn't.  Yillis appeared and Alan and the rest of the squad saluted their Squad Leader.

Yillis saluted back and said "some of you may have been wondering where I have been.  Well I have been going over our mission brief.  As you know, we are here to seek out the revolutionaries and to assist them.  However, they may not be very receptive to us.  The last thing I want to do is get into a fire fight with them.  If we come under attack you are ordered not to return fire unless I order it, is that understood".

Alan and the rest of the squad replied "yes Sir".

Yillis said "we will figure out how to convince them of our good intentions when we meet them, now lets move out, their camp is this way".

With that, the squad moved out towards the revolutionary's camp.  It was a long trek through some dense foliage but they were soon approaching the camp.  Suddenly several blaster bolts flew through the air towards the squad.  A bolt shattered a tree trunk next to Alan.

"Take cover!" ordered Yillis.

The squad did not need to be told twice as they dove for cover.  Another volley of blaster bolts sent dirt over the hunkered down squad.  Alan was glad that these revolutionaries were not the best of shots.

Yillis then called out "we are Imperial officers from the Vast Empire, we're here to help"

"Liar" said a voice in the distance, closely followed by another barrage of blaster bolts.

"Dammit" muttered Alan from his location.  Looking over at Yillis he said "we're taking fire Sir, permission to return fire".

"Negative" replied Yillis "that's not why we're here".

"We have to do something" said Alan.

Yillis nodded and replied "set your blasters on stun, we'll convince them of our good intentions when they finally come round".

Alan smiled and thought to himself now we're talking as he and the rest of the squad set their blasters on stun and got ready to engage the revolutionaries.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 11, 2007 6:27:12 PM)]
Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  34
July 11, 2007 10:00:47 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji was walking around the camp, anxious to get the mission under way. He paused to look around for a moment. he had heard a twig snap not to far off from his position in the jungle. he immediately reached down for his pistol. He sighed as their squad leader appeared out if the forest. He saluted Yillis as his squad gathered around him for an over due briefing.

Finally, he thought to himself as Yillis began to explain the situation.

"Great," he mumbled to himself as Yillis explained that the Rebels that they were here trying to aid were possibly hostile. Well, he thought At least I might die on a mission.

They trekked for what seemed like hours to the rebel encampment. He was just about to ask Yillis how he found out that the rebels were hostile when a tree near Alan was shot by a blaster bolt. He quickly ducked behind a rock as another one grazed his left shoulder.

Oh hell he thought as he inspected the damage. The armor was scorched but it was not serious. He waited as Yillis tried to convince them that they were friendly but no avail. Yillis then ordered everyone to set their guns to stun and take out the rebels.

Finally, he thought to himself Something I can shoot at. He started blasting every rebel that he could see. No mater how many he shot more and more rebels took their place. He also noticed that some of the rebels were kids, no older than sixteen and some even younger then that. After a while the rebels started thinning out more and more. Man I really hope they forgive us for what we are doing to them, I am starving. After a while all of the rebels were down and th squad was reforming to find out what to do next. misspelling
-Paladin-

[This message has been edited by Renji (edited July 11, 2007 10:02:18 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  346
July 12, 2007 12:09:42 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was not happy, he was being shot at and yet he was not able to return fire.  He smiled wide when Yillis informed the squad that they could return fire with their weapons set on stun.  Peering up from his position, Alan set his blaster on stun and opened fire.  This is more like it he thought as numerous revolutionaries dropped.  Alan suddenly noticed that several revolutionaries were mere children.  Even though his weapon was set at stun, Alan felt his fingers relax around the firing mechanism.  He did not feel right about this.  One of the kids noticed his hesitation and sent a volley of blasts at his position.  Alan ducked as the bolts struck the ground around him, sending heaps of dirt over him.  Instinct took over and Alan moved up from his position, aimed and fired.  The kid went down.  Alan hoped that he would be alright, even though he knew that he would be.

As quickly as the fight had begun it was soon over.  The Paladin squad got up and surveyed the result.  All around them was revolutionaries.  All of them were alive which Alan was grateful for.  His eyes surveyed them, noticing how much the age differences were.  Alan could not imagine what kind of civilisation it was acceptable to have kids fighting in.  He knew then and there they had to help them, no matter what the cost.

The squad soon set about getting all of the revolutionaries together and restraining them so they could not move.  Now it was only a matter of time before they woke up.  Alan wasn't sure how they were ever going to convince them that they were allies but he knew that somehow they would make them understand and they would be grateful for the assistance they would be lending.

Alan sat down and waited.  He wondered if Lucky had any more of that concoction she had made.  Fighting always gave him such an appetite.

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  385
July 12, 2007 2:08:32 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky had also noticed that some of the revolutionnaries were mere children. She felt bad for them, but seeing as they were putting up a fight she had no choice. She set her Blaster on stun and started firing. Row after row of revolutionnaries fell to the ground, unconscious. She used an old-fashioned but effective method when it came to securing the captured. She took out some rope and tied six young ones to a tree.

She sat down and waited for them to come to. She did not like doing this, especially to young people. To her, stunning them meant making enemies. But they had started it, so they had to pay the price. She took out the food she had made the same morning and saw Alan looking at it, hunger showed in his face. She laughed and gave him a bowl of it. She did the same with evveryone else, even though the portions were very small and promised to make some more when she had the chance.

She ate her food in silence, watching the motionless children for when they came back to. She couldn't wait. She got up, paced a little , sat back down and repeated the same exercise.

She finally sat down for good and noticed that one of the children, a boy of about 12 years old she guessed was stirring and slowly coming to his senses.

She approached him cautiously and sat down, opposite him, and made sure that there was a safe distance between them. it would make the boy feel a little more secure, and it was a safe distance for the female soldier. Should he decide to try and do something foolish. when the grogginess seeme to have left him, he opened his eyes and looked at the faceplate of the soldier, trying to see the person in the suit. When he was unable to see his captor, he tried to get out of his bonfs without any success. All he managed to o was rub the firsts layer of sking off his wrists.

" I wouldn't do that if I were you. You'll only manage to jurt yourself, your vonds are too tight to get out of."

He looked at her and she saw his face, his eyes were hazel and he had strong features for a boy his age.  he looekd at her straight in the eyes and she felt him trying to get into her mind and read her thoughts. She quickly closed herslef off, and all he could reach was now a solid barrier in her head.

She motioned to Alan and Yillis to come over and stepped away. intrigued by the young one's intelligece. they weren't supposed to be that smart at that age. Were they? She walked away and joined Renji, a little ways away. She liked his comapny, everyone's presence mad e her feel welcome at that. But him and Alan were very special.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  349
July 12, 2007 3:41:47 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan paced amongst the bound revolutionaries, waiting, biding his time for when they would come to.  Looking over he suddenly noticed that Lucky had produced some more food.  He felt like his tongue had just dropped out of his mouth as he stared at the food and drooled.  He heard Lucky's laugh as she handed him a bowlful.  He munched his way into it, his stomach thanking him wholeheartedly.

After he had finished his meal, he waited once more, happy to finally have a full stomach.  Lucky had moved over to one of the revolutionaries and was staring at him, yet keeping her distance.  Alan watched as the kid slowly opened his eyes.  Lucky stepped back and called him and Yillis over.

When Alan and Yillis arrived the boy was struggling, trying to get out of his bonds.  Alan felt mean by not letting him go but he needed the boy to calm down and to realise that they were not his enemies.  My God thought Alan this kid can't be many years older then twelve.

"Let me go, let me go!" shouted the kid.

"Take it easy kid" said Alan as he removed his helmet so he could let the kid see him face to face.

"Who are you, what do you want from me?" asked the kid as he looked around to see his friends and fellow revolutionaries equally bound.

"I'm Sergeant Alan and we are here to help, what's your name?"

The kid looked at Alan, his mind reeling.  His thoughts turned to whether or not to divulge such information.  Finally he replied "my name is Takana and what do you mean you are here to help us"

Alan said "We've come from the Vast Empire and we are going to take down some of these influential politicians that are making your life miserable"

The kid looked deep into Alan's eyes, searching for a hint of whether this man, this soldier was lying to him or not.

"How do I know you are telling me the truth?" the kid asked, again searching deep into Alan's eyes.

Deciding action was called for more than words, Alan produced a long slender knife from behind his back.  The kid's eyes widened fearfully.  Alan moved the blade down to the side of the kid and slashed the bonds that were holding him prisoner.

The kid rubbed his tender wrists.  Alan beckoned Lucky over and she immediately moved to the kid's side and gently applied some lotion to ease the pain and help heal his wrists.

The kid looked over at the rest of the bound revolutionaries and said "and what of them?"

"They will be freed also" said Alan as he nodded to Renji and Lucky to start releasing them.

The kid smiled and said "so what do you need from us, I will gladly help anyone who will kill those murderous bastards".

Yillis kneeled down by the kid and said "my name is Yillis, I'm in charge of this operation and we have a lot to discuss".

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited July 12, 2007 3:44:52 PM)]
Renji
ComNet Novice

Renji

Post Number:  36
July 12, 2007 4:28:43 PM    View the profile of Renji  
Renji was very grateful to Lucky for the food she gave him. It tasted great and it was filling. He sat down and took out a bottle of armor polish and took care of his scorched shoulder. He checked his shoulder for wounds just to make sure that there was not going to be a problem in th future. All he saw was a little scratch, nothing serious.

He paced around scanning the faces of the revolutionaries to see if any of them had woken up. They were all still out cold. He started to feel worse and worse about the situation as he looked at them. About half if not more of the revolutionaries were at least younger than twenty. He checked his rifle to make sure he had it on stun and to his relief he did. He heard something over where Lucky was and turned to see that a boy, no older then twelve, was beginning to wake up. He saw Lucky call Alan and Yillis over and they started talking to the boy.

Lucky walked over to him and smiled." Thats a relief," she said. "I was not sure if they were going to wake up."

"My thoughts exactly," he responded. He saw Alan look over at them and told them to start cutting the bonds on the others. Renji walked around for the next half hour or so with Lucky cutting the bonds of their captives. He smiled as he saw more and more revolutionaries starting to wake up. The ones who were the first few up asked what was happening. He explained that they were here to help them. They smiled when he finished explaining and helped him with undoing the others bonds.
-Paladin-

Hunter Plasma
ComNet Novice

Hunter Plasma

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  89
July 12, 2007 4:55:26 PM    View the profile of Hunter Plasma 
Hunter Plasma had almost been killed by a kid. When the revolutionaries were firing on the squad he had gotten almost seriously wounded when a blaster bolt had gone between his forearm and armpit. They quickly shot the rest of them
unconscious. They then tied the kids up and Lucky was nice enough to share some of her food. Hunter ate it quickly for the portions were small, but still thanked Lucky because a little food was better than none at all. We all waited for the revolutionaries to awake. Hunter Plasma sat their thinking, I got be more careful and never underestimate someone trying to kill me, I'm not invincible and my squad members won't always be there to save me.

Just then one of the kids awoke shouting," You corrupt murdering pigs let me go I'll kill all of you."

" Calm down we're with you, we're from the Vast Empire.

The kid looked him dead in the eyes and said, " Prove it."

He quickly showed him his Imperial Tattoo. The kid chilled and soon Lucky and Renji came and cut the bonds. Renji then walked up to him and said, " I saw what happened during the fight and you need to watch yourself they may look like kids but their fierce.
Hunter nodded and said, " Thanks for your concern."
I want what's coming to me . "what's coming to you?" The world Chico, and every thing in it.
-Tony Montana

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Paladin Squad - 8.5 - Aurek Mission I  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:40:37 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 239  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >