Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Platoon Comp Story 1 (IH, DD)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Platoon Comp Story 1 (IH, DD)
Jinx
ComNet Novice

Jinx

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  173
  RE: Platoon Comp Story 1 (IH, DD)
October 5, 2005 12:24:34 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
Finally being able to stop and clean out what he could from his boot, Jinx took a knee and glanced around at his surroundings.  The ground was solid, the mist was much thinner but the entire area still held an eerie feeling.  He checked his rifle and his loaded power cell just in case the cave held any unwanted surprises.

He stood up and made his way over to Gavyn.  "How are you doing, that medpac take care of everything?"  "Yeah, I think so, at least it patched up my skin, the muscle is still tight but fine other than that" Gavyn responded.  "Good, let me know if you need anything else" Jinx patted him on his shoulder and turned to check on the other troopers.

He made his way through everyone, getting mostly "just banged up a little but just fine", Jinx was glad to hear that.  He had only started his Medic training so as long as there wasn't anything to serious he felt that he wouldn't have anything to worry about. 

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

TRP/LCPL Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  694
Total Posts:  1338
October 5, 2005 3:39:01 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
Kairo watched the fleeting forms of Angel, Eviscares, and JR disappear in the mist. When Jinx had come around to ask how he was, he told him all he had were a few bruises and little welt on the side of his body from the encounter with the Coway. The scouting group were only gone for five minutes when they returned. Kairo and Zafo met up with Kami and Rizzit to confer with Angel about what they had found.

"The cave entrance has no defenses, but if the pirates are there, then the tunnel leading down into the main mines will probably where they defend. I have some ideas on what to do, but I don't like any of them or the odds that they give us." Angel finished.

"Any ideas?" Rizzit asked the group.

"We can't throw grenades down the tunnel, because that would most likely collapse it." Zafo mentioned.

"Any ideas on how TO do it?" Rizzit grunted.

"We could send five us down there to look ahead. If there are pirates waiting for them, they can fall back and maybe lure them out. The rest of us could then ambush them and storm the tunnel." Kairo proffered. "Of course, this might not even be the correct tunnel, or there might not even be guards."

"That sounds pretty good." Rizzit nodded. "Anyone want to add anything?"

"Sure," Kami said with a grinned. "Who are the lucky people to go first?"

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  381
Total Posts:  765
October 5, 2005 6:00:20 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo gazed into the darkness of the cave. He didn't quite know why, but he wanted to be one of the ones to venture into its eternal darkness.

"I'll go." Zafo volunteered "Anything to get out of this mud."

Both Kami and Angel stepped forward, showing their willingness to go face the unknown. Kairo too had offered, but Rizzit had asked him to remain above ground; it was not affordable to send all the Squad Leaders and Assistants in case something happened. From among the other troops, simply waiting around, Rizzit picked out Dragon and Jinx. When the five soldiers were assembled, they got into a small huddle in hopes of devising some sort of strategy.

"I'll go in first." Angel stated. Nobody argued. "If we encounter numbers greater than our own, retreat. Those bloody pirates will have a mighty surprise waiting for them on the surface."

The other four stromtroopers nodded their comprehension, and without another word started to head into the cave. Zafo was third in line with Kami in front of him and Jinx to his rear. With every step the light began to fade and the feeling of claustrophobia began to kick in. The passage was not overwhelmingly big and with a serious lack of light, it wasn't the most pleasant of situations to be in. It was here that Zafo decided to turn on his night vision. Immediately, the infinite darkness turned into a greenish haze. Not entirely clear, but sufficient to find ones way.

Nobody spoke a word as the five soldiers trekked on. Contrary to what Zafo was expecting, the passageway was slowly getting better, instead of shrinking into nothing. Without warning, the jagged walls opened up into a huge dome. The marching line halted. Zafo tilted his head to the side to see what was going on. Angel was motioning for everyone to spread out while staying in close proximity to be able to efficiently scan the entire dome like opening.

As they scanned the opening, a massive crystal formation caught Zafo's eye. He gazed at it as he continued to walk forward. He longed to see the magnificent outcropping in the bright beautiful Cepany sun after a storm. All of sudden, he felt his foot ram into something not entirely rock like. Slowly, almost reluctantly, Zafo shifted his gaze towards the ground. Lying there, was the half rotten body of a Coway on top of an incredibly disfigured human form.

"Psssst! Guys, " Zafo whishpered just loud enough so that the others could faintly hear. Within a couple of seconds, the rest of the group had gathered around and were peering at the two rotting forms. The smell was incredibly strong, and managed to penetrate into Zafo's helmet. It took quite an effort to prevent from gagging. Before anyone could say anything, inaudible voices could be faintly heard way off in the distance. Kami motioned for everyone to take defensive positions. The four other troops complied, and within seconds were ready.

Then, they waited... 

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE   [BC]
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  53
Total Posts:  794
October 5, 2005 7:59:08 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    Sam stayed up with the rest of the others. Sam would have preferred to go in. He didn't like all the 'wet' out here.
    "So, I guess we just wait here for some response?" Sam asked.
    "Yeah, that is unless you have a better idea, and even so we aren't going to do it because we've already started this one," Rizzit said.
    "Ok," Sam said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
    Sam started to scan the area just to make sure that no more Coway were hiding about.
    "We should probably keep ourselves on guard for another coway attack," Kairo said, "I just thought about this, the coway that are still out there my stumble upon the dead ones at the old camp. They may begin to go on a hunt for anything that could have done it."
    "You have a point there," Rizzit said, "Should we happen to get attacked again we will need to make sure to clean up after ourselves.
    Sam became a bit uneasy about the realization and began to think of the potential dangers that could come about. This sudden change in attitude was mainly because Sam did not like jungles at all and in fact they gave him the creeps.
    "What's wrong with you Sam?" Kairo asked.
    "I?uh, don't worry about me, I'll be fine," Sam laughed, "I've just come down with a bit of nervousness after those blasted coway attacked us."
    Sam leaned against the outside of the cave opening with his hold-out blaster readied to fire at anything that could be dangerous. He also had his other hand readied on his E-11 to start unloading with both weapons at the same time if needed.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  696
October 6, 2005 7:34:40 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo was getting impatient waiting outside. The sounds of animal calls in the jungle of Mimban added to his anxiety. He knew they weren't Coway calls, but he guessed that Mimban had more than just three types of creatures that lived on its surface, or beneath. Sam's nervousness had also put a damper on Kairo's outlook. Sam had always been a brick wall to support on in a tough fight, so when he showed signs of fear, it worried Kairo. He'll still pull through, even with whatever is plaguing his thoughts.

Scanning the rest of the men waiting outside, Kairo saw that they were all looking a bit nervous, and quick glances at the jungle confirmed Kairo's thoughts. They've all put up on nice wall, but behind it, they don't want to get into another fight with the Coway. Heck, I don't want to get in another fight with the Coway.

Gripping his E-11/F with his right hand and Kylon-3 in his left hand, Kairo glanced into the dark depths of the tunnel, hoping to see something. Even the light of blaster fire. Bringing his attention back outside, Kairo looked a mound twenty meters away that he hadn't seen before. "Hey Rizzit. Was that there before?" Kairo asked and pointed at the small hill.

"I don't know. I wasn't paying attention to the scenery. Why?" Rizzit responded.

"Nothing, just my imagination." I hope. Kairo took another look down the dark tunnel. Hearing a noise from behind him, Kairo was sure that the mound had just moved to be only fifteen meters away. "Rizzit?"

"What?!" Rizzit asked exasperatedly.

"We have trouble." Kairo said and put his Kylon-3 away while unclipping his vibropike. This time, Kairo saw the mound move forward. Kairo had only a second to yell, "Wanderella!" Before a giant worm burst from the ground to his left, gruesome teeth flashing in the light that its own phosphorescent body cast. Shooting his E-11/F into the side of its hide, he knew all he was doing was annoying it. It's hide is too think. It disperses the energy just like those damn Coway.

Everyone had sprung into action at the same time though to deal with the threat. The amount of laser fire hitting the worm's body, forced it back underground. Suddenly, there was a loud curse from the other side of the group of soldiers, as a second Wanderella erupted in a could of dirt from the earth next to Gavyn. Great, we have two do deal with now.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 6, 2005 7:35:51 AM)]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  681
Total Posts:  1884
October 6, 2005 8:01:57 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami was tensed, one hand clasped loosely about the hilt of one of her curved daggers, the other clenched tightly about the grip of her rifle. She was the closest to the approaching voices, and as such was the most likely to be seen if they continued to walk in her direction. Disorientated by the engulfing darkness surrounding her on all sides, she closed her eyes, stretching out instead with the Force. There were five of them, their presences a fiery beacon compared to the other small life forms that scuttled about at her feet. Each was unaware of their presence, she could sense immediately, which made the possibility of a surprise attack highly appealing.

"...could have been anything," One of the voices was murmuring as he walked within hearing range, "Besides, you know Rosco, that guy hasn't been sober since he was fourteen."

"I don't like it," Another voice hissed, the sound distinctly distorted, as though speaking basic was a difficult task, "I kept telling the boss that we shouldn't target the Vast Empire, they're far more organized and dangerous than the mobs that we usually hit."

"Stop being such a coward," The first voice interjected, "If they come, we'll deal with them. Besides, I've had a run in with some of their forces before, and trust me; they ain't as fantastic as you may have been lead to believe."

They were only bare meters away now. Kami hesitated momentarily; to risk retreat now was to risk giving away their position. Instead...she lowered her rifle softly to the stone floor, drawing her other dagger in its place. Behind her, she sensed Angel ready his throwing knives, knowing that the others wouldn't be far behind in drawing their melee weapons.

Her green eyes flashed open as the first of the men stepped within a pace of her position. Raising her wickedly curved blade, she sent a single order flashing through the minds of all of the men at her back.

Be quick...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Kami/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA] [BC]
TRN/KAD Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

Storm you better get your ass in gear, cause Wildcard's gonna make it hot in here.
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited October 6, 2005 8:12:55 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  699
October 6, 2005 4:26:28 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Shit and Damn. Kairo mentally cursed as he peppered the Wanderella that had erupted from the ground near him. The group of soldiers that had been waiting outside while the recon group went in to the tunnel had now been forced into two smaller groups. Eviscares, Giovanni, Slash, JR, and Rizzit were warding off one of the worms, while Kairo, Sam, Slash, and Gavyn fought the other worm. So far they had only been able to drive the beast back into the ground for a few seconds before te worm attacked them from another direction beneath their feet.

Kairo had been knocked off his feet twice and his armor had a few extra scratches from the Wanderella's teath. Everyone else had sustained the same amount of damage if not more. Giovanni was even bleeding from one gash across his chest. "I'm tired of this." Kairo growled as he and the three other troopers with him drove the worm beneath the ground again. "Its stupid armor makes it almost indestructible," Kairo said quickly in the short amount of time that they had before the worm appeared again. "I have a plan. Sam, do you have any grenades left?"

"Only four, but I was hoping to save them for later." Sam responded. The ground beneath their feet began to rise again, a precursor that Kairo knew to be the approach of the worm.

"Give me two. Slash, Gavyn, do you have any?" Kairo asked as he grabbed the grenades from Sam. They didn't have time to respond though. A spout of dirt, mud, and soil flew into the air right in front of Kairo. Leaping back wards, Kairo landed on his back, but rolled over to finish in a crouching position. The worm had appeared facing the opposite direction from Kairo to try to attack Gavyn and Slash. Good.

"Keep it distracted." Kairo yelled as he hit the switch on his vibropike to enlarge it. Flipping it around in his hand, Kairo grasped from below to hold it cocked over his shoulder. Standing up, Kairo twisted his body and released the spear with all his might. It whistled for a second in the air before it embedded itself in the worms hide. Rearing back with a sick gurgle from its throat, the worm spun around to face Kairo. "Bad choice." Kairo threw the two grenades into the teeth lined opening. Without noticing the intrusion on its body, the worm continued to lounge forward at Kairo.

Since the worm had twisted around to face Kairo, his spear was now sticking straight from the top of its long form. Jumping as high as he could right before the worm reached him, Kairo narrowly missed a painful death upon the Wanderella's teeth. Mentally cursing his foolishness, Kairo landed with a thump upon the worm's body, right next to his pike. Gripping it, Kairo plucked it from the worm's body, causing the Wanderella to convulse backward. Kairo was launched from its back right into a tree. With a loud crack of breaking branches, Kairo fell to the ground.

The whole time Kairo was fighting with the worm, Gavyn and Slash had been trying to distract with their blaster fire. Thinking that it had killed one of its prey, the worm returned its attention upon them. Roiling across the ground in a large mass of muscle, the worm reached them surprisingly fast. "Shit." Slash yelled as the worm reared back to engulf him in one bite.

Suddenly, the worm exploded into a thousand bloody pieces, spraying the ground and armor of both Gavyn and Slash. Stunned, they looked at each other for a second. The yells from the fight still ensuing a few meters away with Rizzit's group and the second Wanderella caught their attention. Nodding, they ran over to give them a helping hand. Sam ran over to check on Kairo first.

"You ok?" Sam asked quickly.

Kairo jerked then coughed a little blood into his mask. "Sure, go help them, then get back to me." Kairo fell back wards against the tree. Sam looked like he was about to disobey Kairo's orders, but quickly decided he should follow his leader's command. Lying alone on the ground, Kairo was forced to watch the fight with the other Wanderella while assessing the wounds he had received. Crap. Kairo thought as he tried to sit up but quickly fell against the tree again. Well, that's not good. Kairo absently thought as he slumped to the ground and fainted.

(OOC Oh, and to anyone that writes after this, I only have a bruised rib, a concussion, and a few welts on my back. You can add a little more, but I still want to be able to fight. OOC)

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  17
Total Posts:  51
October 6, 2005 6:13:15 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
  There were three...

Dinin planned to change that.  Although he was the farthest away from them, he had equipped his rifle for combat against humans.  This meant an energy cell, and a silencing rod that could deafen even the most powerful energy rifle.  He was too far away to do any damage with melee weapons, and the men were grouped together, making his chances of missing very slim.  But he had not missed ever before when it counted.  Taking careful aim, he waited until Kami began to leap from her position to fire.

All that was heard was a soft "Click."

And then there were two...

Kami reached her target as his partner hit the ground, a smouldering hole in his head.  She was able to push her knife through his throaght as Angel's daggers embedded themselves into his heart.  And before the other man could lift a finger in response, he had been stabbed by Zafo and Jinx.  He slid to the ground, trying to scream through a slit throaght.  Dinin made his way over to where the group was standing.

Looking around, Kami nodded.  They had been quick, and it had been silent.  Their fears had been correct.  The pirates were here.  And they were attacking the Vast Empire directly.  While they would probably prove no more then minor annoyances, it proved that there were more and more people rebelling.

A quite voiced creeped through the comlink.  "Should we go back and tell them what we found?  Or should we continue forward?"

"We should head back and tell them what we found.  We have been down here for a while and they are probably getting anxious.  Besides, now that we know what's here, we can bring more people to help us," Kami said.

This coarse of action was agreed on, and, after the bodies were looted for anything useful, which included a few grenades and powercells, they made their way back to the entrance of the cave.
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  382
October 6, 2005 9:17:50 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
After pilling the three corpses into a corner of the cavern where they would not be found by your average passer-byer, the five soldiers began their ascent to the surface. The spec of light the showed the end of the tunnel grew larger and larger, raising Zafo's spirits with every step. Though he had wanted to go down into the darkness, he was defiantly happy to come out. His relief and slight joy were cut short by sight waiting for him on the surface. Blood, guts and flesh littered the small clearing in which all the troops had waited. Huge chunks of earth were overturned and the ground gave way to plenty of random holes.

"So that's what a wanderella looks like..." Zafo thought as he gazed in disgust at the disformed head lying off to his right.

From the looks of things, the skirmish had just finished. Soldiers were still working on catching their breath. As he scanned the battlefield, Zafo's eyes fell across a pair of feet, lying in a shrub just off into the edge of the forest. He ran over and within a second, recognized the injured trooper.

"Medic!" Zafo shouted out towards the crowd of stormtroopers standing ten meters behind him. "Looks like Kairo's been hurt!"

Before help arrived, Zafo slowly removed his Squad Leader's helmet. He was unconscious, no doubt and there was thing stream of blood leaking out the side of his mouth. A couple of seconds later, Zafo was pushed out of the way by an Iron Horse trooper, who luckily happened to be training to be a medic.

After going through a couple of procedures, Jinx had been able to bring Kairo back to consciousness. He let out a couple of grunts before finally letting out a sentence; "What the hell happened?"

"It's ok," Jinx replied, no doubt trying to keep Kairo calm. "The Wanderella have been taken care of. You've just had a concussion."

"Oh, now I remember...I think&" Kairo recalled, rubbing his head. He tried to get up, but an expression of pain crossed over his face and he fell back down.

"My rib." He said blankly, gesturing towards his torso.

Jinx asked him to do a handful of different middle body movements.

"Well, It's not broken" The medic finally stated, with confidence. "Possible fractured, more likely bruised. You should be better in a couple of minutes once the initial pain wears off." Jinx reached into the medi-pack by his side. He pulled out a couple of pills and handed them to Kairo. "These should make the pain more bearable."

"Don't worry, they are completely legal." Jinx added when he saw the look on Kairo's face. The Senior Sergeant swallowed the two pills almost reluctantly and within a couple of minutes was back on his feet.

"You alright?" Zafo asked

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Just a little shaken up" Kairo replied monotonously.

"Now..." Rizzit began, pulling Kairo, Kami, Zafo and Angel to the side. "How are we going to take care of this?"

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Initiate

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  114
Total Posts:  228
October 9, 2005 3:17:25 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn removed his helmet as the Squad Leaders met with Rizzit. He was now completely covered with the insides of the Wanderella. Gavyn gagged as the stench reached his nose, and quickly replaced his helmet. Picking up his A280 he walked up next to Evis. "Nice day for a walk in the swamp," commented Evis as Gavyn stopped beside him. "Excellent," replied Gavyn with a smile. At the opening of the tunnel Rizzit motioned for the two squads to come forward.

"Alright," Rizzit said as they all stood in front of him. "The Pirates are definitely down there. We will head in and figure something out once inside. Lets go." They formed two lines, this time with the squads mixed and headed into the cave. Once inside, positioned behind Kairo and in front of Jinx, Gavyn switched on his night vision and tightened his grip slightly on his Riffle.

There footsteps echoed slightly though the tunnel as they made there way deeper. The tunnel was slightly slanted downward and the floor was reasonably smooth. Suddenly the floor leveled out and they walked into a dome shaped room. From what Gavyn could see it appeared to be fairly wide, because he couldn't see the other wall. In the middle of the room, a large crystal jutted out from the floor, rising about 10 feet in the air. Angel, who had led the group in stopped in front of the Crystal. Rizzit and the other Squad Leaders grathered together to figure out a plan.

Gavyn sat down on the floor and relaxed for a moment. His side still hurt a little from where the Coway had dug him but other than that he was unhurt. Gavyn relaxed his mind and let go of his worries. If he was going to be of any help to his Squad he was going to have to be able to think clearly and not panic. Gavyn breathed deeply, then exhaled. Feeling better about the battle ahead, Gavyn waited.

-----------------------
Storm you better get your ass in gear, cause Wildcard's gonna make it hot in here.

"A painless lesson, is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything, cannot achieive anything."

"Do. Or do not, There is no try."

Lance Corporal Gavyn Kanu
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/LCPL Gavyn/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  55
Total Posts:  794
October 9, 2005 6:34:36 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    As Rizzit spoke with the squad leaders, Sam stood looking back the way they came into the cave. He never like jungles in the first place, but being in a cave in a jungle that has giant man-eating worms and energy resistant creatures made it worse.
    "Come on Sam, snap out of it," Sam thought to himself, "This isn' t like you. Get focused on the mission."
    Sam shook himself trying to get a grip and began to move carefully about the cave. He noticed Gavyn relaxing on the ground. Slash was leaned up against the wall and the squad leaders were still talking to Rizzit. The dim glow of the large crystal began to capture Sam's anxious thoughts. Then the sound of someone falling brought him out of his trance. Sam looked around and saw that Dinin had tripped over a rock. Sam walked over and helped him up.
    Sam finally sat down and began fiddle with one of his remaining grenades.
    "Hey, becareful there Sam," said Slash, "We don't need that thing going off while we are down here."
    Sam took his helmet off and shot Slash a peircing glare and said just loud enough for Slash to hear, "I know what I'm doing. So, just relax or maybe this will go off in your stomach."
    Sam put his grenade back in his pocket and walked a bit back towards the opening of the cave.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  684
October 9, 2005 11:06:05 PM    View the profile of Kami 
The tunnels were dark, dank and depressing. Water dripped in a steady stream from the jagged ceiling to fall upon the helmet's of the soldier's waiting impatiently below. Kami was getting frustrated, she was an action girl, and so far, there hadn't been enough action for her liking. Twisting from where she was crouched before one of the two tunnels breaking off from the main room, Kami met the visored gaze of her ASL.

"There's definitely something done there."

Angel nodded, the movement barely visible thanks to the overwhelming darkness, "I can sense them as well. Quite a few."

The sound of the soft crunch of gravel announced Kairo's arrival. Dropping down next to Kami, he gazed down the void before him, "We'll have to move quickly," He said softly, "Catch them off guard."

"They're not going to be in a concentrated area either.." Kami added, "Probably in small cells dotted about the place. I doubt they would have altered the cave's natural shape, especially with the wandarella are about."

Rizzit was suddenly behind them, "Well, let's go flush them out."

Kami came to her feet, "Two groups for two tunnels, let's mix it up."

After a few moments of silent signaling, two groups of armored troopers weaved away from each other, each headed towards a different tunnel. Kami walked a pace behind Zafo, with Gavyn, JR, Eviscares and Giovanni in her wake. The others, led by Kairo, walked bare meters into their tunnel before being swallowed by the shadow.

"Light feet boys," She murmured softly, despite the fact that her entire group was moving soundlessly. The ground beneath their feet was slowly dropping away, signaling a descent into the bowels of the planet. Soft sounds echoed up from above and behind them, indiscernible, yet eerie none the less.

After minutes of steady trekking, Zafo raised his camouflaged fist, bringing the group to a swift halt. Coming up to his shoulder, Kami noticed the miniscule dot of light visible before them.

"Pirates ahoy," Zafo murmured, grinning beneath his helmet.

Turning back to the soldiers arrayed behind her, Kami raised her rifle,

"Be ready for anything. Lets go."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Major

Post Number:  1958
Total Posts:  2943
October 10, 2005 8:35:32 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit went along with Kairo and his group. He didn't really see a point in staying back at base, waiting to give the next order. The tunnel was dark and damp, and the floor was covered with what looked to be like rotting corpses. Kairo turned to Rizzit and asked if the pirates had done this. Rizzit shook his head.

"While I don't doubt they would do this, I don't think they have the means to; unless they're recieving backup from some unknown group that we know nothing about."

This had seem to have caught Kairo's complete attention, as the tone of his voice changed from casual to a very serious, worried tone.

"So what do you think it was?"

"Personally, I think it was some local beast that used to live in the caves here. I don't think that pirates had enough time on their hands to do this to someone. Especially if you look at that one  over there." Rizzit said while pointing over at the skeleton leaning up against the wall. "They seem to have been seperated from the rest of their body. It looks like it's missing an arm and a leg."

Kairo looked, but said nothing. The rest of the way along the tunnel there was little to no conversation. The pace quickened due to this, which Rizzit was thankful for. He didn't really care for this tunnel, and the air was getting tight. Hopefully they would be out of here soon. It looked like the tunnel was going on forever, but Rizzit had a seeking suspicion that the two tunnels merged into one at some point...

-----------------------
Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/MAJ
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  384
October 11, 2005 6:54:40 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The Soldiers continued down the narrow passage with great stealth. Even the faintest of sounds would easily echo to any ear that was paying careful attention. The speck of light, which turned out to be a decently sized fire, grew closer and closer. It flickered amongst the total darkness. Zafo brought the group to a soundless halt, once again, just meters outside the fire's light radius. A pirate was seen throwing another log into the burning light source. Smoke and sparks shot out from the fire, into an electronic air filter located directly above the fire. Seconds later, the flames had stabilized and the fire began to feast on its new fuel.

A coarse voice broke through the deafening silence, next to the roar of the fire.

"Delta Squad still hasn't returned." the voice stated. "Maybe something's gone wrong."

"Enough wit daat Delta Shquad crap" A second voice interrupted angrily. Soberness wasn't a road this man currently walking. "She probably got 'em, that's all."

"She got 'em all," Zafo thought "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't say things like that." The first voice snapped, "We can't be sure of anything. That was quite the big hit we made on the Vast Empire, they'll be onto us."

At the mention of the Vast Empire, Zafo held up his hand to ready for attack. Swinging his hand down, Zafo unleashed three pockets of energy into a pirate who was within sight. Grunts and shouts of confusion emitted from the small dome where the fire was located as one of the pirates fell to the ground, dead, and the rest were being swarmed by a joint squad of Vast Empire soldiers. It was a very easy fight. Half the pirates were either drunk or not readily armed and the few that were, were taken down instantly.

Once the small area had been secured, the troops searched the small area for anything useful in anyway.

"This is some good stuff." Giovanni said light heartedly, holding up a bottle taken from a dead pirate.

"Too bad you can't take any. Sorry bud." Kami said quietly from the other side of the fire "But I found something that might be of actual help." She held up a worn down piece of paper.

"It looks like a map."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  701
October 11, 2005 7:28:27 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Stepping over the rotting corpses of pirates and what could be other creatures was starting to wear on Kairo's outlook. This tunnel is horrible. I hope the other team is doing better. Angel was now leading the group through the darkest part of the tunnels that they had been through so far. He could see the way both through the Force and the aid of his night vision aspect of the helmet he wore. Closely behind him followed Kairo. Rizzit, Jinx, Sam, Slash, and Dinin trailed behind them.

Blaster shots could be heard echoing faintly from behind the group. Angel held his hand up to stop them, which Kairo only saw shortly before he rammed right into Angel's back. Then, the shots were heard again from in front of them. "The tunnels do connect," Kairo heard Rizzit say softly.

Once again the tunnel filled with the sound of nothing. Stepping forward, Angel led the group farther down the tunnel. A few minutes later, a speck of light could be seen far away. Looking down, Kairo saw that the floor was still strewn with the remains of bodies, but now it showed signs of Coway corpses. They must have made a push into the tunnels through here. Either the Coway won, or the pirates fought them off. Either way, we aren't in for a warm reception.

As the speck shed light enough to see, the group found that their tunnel dead ended into an adjoining hallway, with the light coming from their left. "Kami's group is that way." Angel stated. Kairo felt startled every time Angel made a prediction like this, but he knew they were always true.

"Let's wait for them here. They will be coming this way soon." Rizzit said. But before the words were out of his mouth the sounds of heavy footsteps could be heard coming from the tunnel to their right. "They must have heard the blaster shots also. Any ideas?"

"I say we send one man to get Kami's group while the rest of us stay here and go back into the darker part of the tunnel. When whoever that is runs by, we come from behind and trap them between us. Even if they send people down this side tunnel, we can attack them in the dark." Kairo suggested.

"Sounds good." Rizzit nodded. The footsteps were getting louder by the second. "Dragon, go get Kami's group and inform them about our friends." A few seconds later, Dinin was soon seen racing down the hallway, while the rest of the group pushed back into the shadows, weapons armed and ready.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Initiate

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  117
October 12, 2005 4:57:26 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn stood silently waiting for something to happen. Suddenly out of a side tunnel a Storm trooper dashed toward the fire. There he stopped in front of Zafo and Kami who were examining the map they found. A few hurried words were said then Kami turned to the rest of the group and said "Lets move." Kami and Zafo turned and fallowed the Trooper the way he had come as the rest of the troop fallowed.

"Whats happening?" asked Gavyn as he came up next to Kami. "No time," she said "You will find out soon enough I expect."

They made there way into a tunnel Gavyn hadn't noticed before and fallowed it into the dark. Up ahead they heard blaster shots ahead. The group quickened there pace and came next to the other group just firing off the last shot. "Awww we missed it?" Gavyn asked to nobody in particular. Nobody seemed to hear him though as Angel leaned down to inspect one of the bodies. "Pirates," he said with disgust in his voice "four of them."

"We met several back there," said Zafo pointing over his shoulder back down the tunnel they had just come. "And this," he said holding out the Map "I suggest we move back to the room we were just in so we can examine it more closely, and possibly catch more Pirates coming back in."

With that they turned and made there way back to the large firelit room. Once there the Squad leaders and Rizzit met again, huddled around the fire examining the map. The troopers were once again left to wander about looking for anything else that might be useful. Gavyn knelled down next to one of the bodies, noticing the large duffel bag next to him. Gavyn reached his hand out and pulled the zipper, to find the bag loaded with bombs of different sorts. Wide eyed, Gavyn sifted through the bag, they all seemed to be from the VE supply. Quickly zipping up the bag he picked it up and carried it over to the Squad Leaders.

-----------------------

"A painless lesson, is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything, cannot achieive anything."

Iron Horse Squad
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  385
October 12, 2005 6:39:31 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
"Alright, there's no doubt it was them." Rizzit commented after examining the contents of the duffle bag placed at his feet by Gavyn. 

"It seems like they have some sort of storage area or stronghold down over here." Kami said, pointing to a large square on the map. It stuck out like a sore thumb next to all those tunnels and small circular shapes. Zafo peered over Rizzit's shoulder to get a glimpse of the map in the light of the fire.

"There's got to be something there." Zafo thought to himself. He didn't bother to say it, because he knew Rizzit's next comment would run somewhere along those lines.

"We need to investigate." Rizzit said, trying to keep his voice low. "We will split up into the same two groups as last time and strike from two different sides." The Company Commander pointed along different tunnels.

"Any questions?" Rizzit asked, looking up from the map. "Good. Kami, Zafo, you two take this tunnel here. If you stick to the left, you should eventually come across whatever that square is. Good Luck"

With that, Kami and Zafo pulled out the soldiers who had gone with them last time and started on their way. This time, Kami was in the lead. Quickly but silently, the troops trotted down the dark, narrow tunnel. Several time, the tunnel broke off to the right, but it was always the left path that was taken.

After a while, Kami slowed her pace then without warning came to an immediate halt. Zafo's boot made a slight thump on the ground as he took a harder step to prevent himself from ramming into her. Lucky for Zafo, Gio reacted just as well. Only Gio let out a grunt of annoyance as an anonymous trooper ran into him from behind.

"What's wrong?" Zafo inquired quietly.

Kami turned around to face her ex-squad mate.

"Something's not right" She began "This is two easy, there's got to be some sort of trap or trigger coming up."

"But how can we be sure?" Zafo asked. Sure it was a possible theory, but it almost sounded a bit farfetched.

"Trust me on this one." She replied, almost a whisper.

"I don't know how she can be so sure, but I trust her...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  51
October 12, 2005 8:49:47 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
  Yet again, Dinin was posted in the back.  This suited him fine, because it gave him the best range for his rifle.

Angel was in the lead again, using his Force powers to help lead them through the pitch-black tunnels.  They had been sent down the right tunnel, to check out a few rooms on that side of the map that looked almost like a type of barracks.

They were moving at a slow but steady pace, and they were quiet about it too.  They passed many left side tunnels, but ignored them.  They had a predetermined goal that would be reached.  And shortly, Angel gave the call to halt.  They had come to a dome shaped room similar to the ones before, but it was bigger...much bigger.

Spread around the room were beds and footlockers.  The room was, for all purposes, a giant dorm room.  But there was no one inside.  Retreating down the tunnel 50 yards, the soldiers held a quick meeting.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Sam put in.  No one bothered to agree.

"This all seems too easy," chimed Dinin.  "Where did all the pirates go?  that room could easily hold 2-3 score people.  And there's another one farther down!"

"This does seem a little too convinient."  Jinx added.

Angel remained silent for a few seconds, then said, "We proceed with more caution than ever.  But if I determine that we must go elsewhere, we must move, quickly.  Understood?"

There was a unanimous nod from the group.  Then, with a few signals, they filtered into the room, very, very, cautiously.
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  690
October 13, 2005 2:23:28 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The sense of danger was so strong...so palpable that Kami knew the question was not whether there would be ambush, but when.

She stalked silently at the fore of the small group, her ears straining to make out anything that she was unable to see. The floor continued to drop away, leading the soldiers deeper into the twisting maze of tunnels below. The tunnel itself was becoming narrower as they descended, closing in on both sides to the extent that the slimy walls were now scraping against armor.

Continuing through the pitch dark shadows, Kami slid to a halt as her boot came into contact with a solid object blocking the way. Glancing down, she saw the distinct outline of yet another body, a human, strewn forwards as though he had been ambushed from behind.

"Gods..."

Zafo had come forward to glance over Kami's shoulder, only to take in the sight beyond the first body at the same time she did. There were dozen's of them, pirates of different races and genders, strewn up in piles along the tunnel as though they had attempted to climb over their dead comrades to escape. Some were in pieces, strewn across the breadth of the stone floor, whilst others were intact, empty eyes gazing despairingly towards the surface they had never reached.

Ignoring the soft mutter of curses behind her as the rest of the troopers took in the sight, Kami dropped into a crouch to examine the body of the pirate as her feet. A large, three fingered claw mark marred his back, the impact having been strong enough to slice through the armour which he was wearing. A partly charged rifle lay within right hand, stiff fingers still clenched about the trigger and the handgrip.

"Wanderella's don't have claws," Gavyn muttered, trepidation causing his voice to waver, "neither do Coway."

Kami came to her feet, every instinct screaming at her to turn around and sprint towards the surface.

"We'll deal with it when we find it." She replied, "Until then, single file, weapons at ready."

Waiting until every soldier nodded, she turned, then stepped carefully over the first of the bodies blocking her path. Swallowing the bitter taste within her mouth, she sidestepped around a wayward leg, and continued to lead the way down towards stronghold.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  2083
Total Posts:  3342
October 13, 2005 9:15:18 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Something is really wrong here... Everything around Angel gave off an "out-of-place" feel. None of these small, round chambers had been here during his las visit. Before the tunnels ran straight to a hanger bay which was concealed by rock covered blast doors.

The pervading buzz of danger kept intensifying in the back of the Dark Jedi's mind as he stepped cautiously through the dormatory. In the darkness he couldn't see much, even with the enhanced night vision his helmer provided. Twice he bumped into a bedpost, stifling a curse at the sounds piercing the deafening silence around them.

Finally he reached what appeared to be the end of the chamber, a small doorway leading to yet more darkness. Reaching out with the hand not holding his silence slugthrowing pistol, he touched the activation panel for the door...and froze.

The Dark Side screamed at him.

"SCATTER!" Angel shouted, diving to his right. Through the Force he sensed the confusion of the other troops, but they never-the-less followed his order. Everyone spread around the room as the door exploded outwards in a shower of metal and rock.

Picking himself up off the ground, Angel dusted his armor off and readjusted his helmet. He pushed his senses out, feeling nothing from the doorway, his nightvision showing nothing as well.

"Ok boys, guess we need to watch f..." Angel was interrupted mid-sentence by a massive right hand slamming into the stomach of his armor.

WHAT THE?!"

The air gushed from his lungs, accomanied by the crack of two ribs. Darkness crept into the corner of his eyes as he struggled to understand what happened. He had felt nothing there through the Force...seen nothing in the doorway...

Razor sharp claws raked across his back before the shocked troops opened fire. "Angel!" Kairo shouted in between randomly placed shots, "I can't see it! What the hell is going on?!"

The claws tore through his armor like a hot knife through butter, sinking into his flesh to send icy shots of pain. Using the Force to push aside the pain, he forced air back into his lungs and rolled away. He pushed himself up off the ground with his right hand, while triggering random bursts from the sidearm in his left.

The room was aglow with the red blaster fire of the E-11's, and one shot finally hit its unseen mark. The unmistakable sound of energy hitting metal hit Angel's ears, followed by a shimmer of light coming from the center of the room, and he finally understood.

A droid appeared out of thin air, sparks shooting from the leg where a stealth generator was mounted.

These were the weapons stolen from the Imperial Center.

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
=[Jikkyo the Horrible]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
The Angel of Death
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi/Vast Empire/Lopen [VP:1]
------------------------
I'm the sheep that was lost, madre.
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  704
October 13, 2005 9:46:58 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo was completely at a loss of direction. He didn't know where anyone had gone. He was firing his blaster at random areas then decided that was pointless, since he could be attacking his own allies. Sliding the blaster into its holster, Kairo once again drea his Vibropike and searched the room. Suddenly, a bright flare erupted from across the room. Shielding his eyes at first, Kairo forced them to look around  in the sickly red light. Sam had lit a flare that he had been pulled form somewhere. The next thing he saw were four huge droids attacking people around the room. Unfortunately, Kairo couldn't tell what type of droid they were. Three of them kept appearing and disappearing while a third was jerking toward Angel, who was firing as many blaster shots as he could at the approaching target.

Spinning the pike in his right hand, Kairo charged at the large droid. Even when he was close enough to see it, he couldn't make out any distinguishing markings or weapon systems, though he suspected it had plenty to dish out. Before he reached it though, its upper torso spun around to face Kairo. "Damn you." Kairo cursed as he blocked a mighty blow from the robots left arm to his head with the pike. Unfortunately, the strength of the blow sent him skidding to the left. Using the moment, he brought the pike horizontal to the ground and crouched. The giant arm soared a few centimeters above his head, but Kairo didn't notice. He was in a blood rage. Something he hadn't experienced since he was a youth. The robot continued to spin though, swinging its body in a three hundred and sixty degree turn to bring its right arm in a backhand attack.

Spinning the pike as he came out of his crouch, Kairo pressed vibro bladed part into the ground as he jumped and started to rise over the top of the opposite end. The right arm of the robot hit the staff where Kairo had been crouching a second ago. Counting on the force of the blow, Kairo let the robot push the pike with its continued turn, sending Kairo into a double summersault which landed him on the opposite side of the robots body. Grasping one of the staff, Kairo jammed the bladed edge of the other directly into the center of the droids body, while Angel continued to pepper the droid with precise shots.

The robot paused for a second, giving Kairo the chance to withdraw the pike and swing around for a second hit that would decapitate it. Unfortunately, the droid had only been slightly damamged. As he brought the staff around, the droids left leg shot out and tripped Kairo. Sprawled on the ground, Kairo rolled to his right a split second before the robots left arm stabbed the ground.

That's enough of this. Kairo pulled his E-11/f out and set it to maximum output. A bright light lit the opposite end of the room and as a grenade went off. With the added light from the grenade, Kairo fired multiple shots where his staff had punctured the droids torso along with Angel. As the monolith rushed toward Kairo, one of the shots finally entered its exposed innerds. A meter away from Kairo, it exploded into a burning shrapnel. Too close to move quickly enough, Kairo was hit with a few shards, burning gashes into his chest and sides.

Grimacing, Kairo stood up and ran over to Angel. Before he reached him though, Angel had stood up and was moving off to aid against another droid. Without a pause, Kairo switched directions to run and aid Rizzit and Dinin. What are these droids?

(OOC I put a map of the tunnels in both the IH topic and the DD topic. It is the map that Kami's group found before. It isn't great, but this should save us getting totally confused. Kami's group is somwhere in the left tunnels. If you notice, you can continue to go left at each interesection and you will reach the suposed supply area. I thought this might help. If it is too confusing, don't bother with it.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 13, 2005 9:47:42 AM)]
Jinx
ComNet Novice

Jinx

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  58
October 13, 2005 10:51:45 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
The droids continued to appear and disappear as randomly as possible, making blaster shots miss more than hit their targets. Dinin and Rizzit were side by side trying to hit whichever droid decided to show himself long enough to attack the two troopers. Jinx was only a few yards away trying to do the same, he seemed to be having some luck at actually hitting the droids.

A sudden explosion caught Jinx off guard and made him pause and glance back over his shoulder. The droid that Kairo and Angel had been fighting exploded and now peppered the ground with it's debris. The explosion didn't have the same pausing effect on the droid which decided to swing it's huge clawed hand and send Jinx sailing through the air only to hit the side of the tunnel.

Jinx's vision started to clear but only slightly, and his lungs were sucking in air as quickly as they could. That wall had nearly knocked him unconscious and made his chest exhale every last bit of air from his lungs. As his vision cleared he could see that Kairo had come to help Rizzit and Dinin finish off another droid. Angel had just fired several blaster shots into another droid and caused it to spark a few times and fall to the ground. With a few more shots from all four troopers the final droid sparked, shuttered and fell ungraciously to the ground.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

TRP/LCPL Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Initiate

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  118
October 13, 2005 3:06:00 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn marched slowly through the tunnel fallowing Evis. A strange uneasiness had fallen over the group after seeing the bodys of the pirates, gashed open by some strange creature they had not yet encountered. Gavyns finger lay curled tightly around the trigger of his blaster, ready for an attack. Ahead Gavyn could faintly make out a small light in the distant. The light wasn't flickering like that of a fire, or gave off the same color as electrical lighting. It was a dark blue in color, as if from a large computer monitor.

Slowly they made there way toward it until Kami stopped a few feet from the door. Holding up a hand she motioned for them to wait there. Slowly and quietly she crept forward until she could peak out the door. Slowly she stood up and motioned for them to fallow. Once in the room Gavyn saw were the light was coming from. On the side of the room many Computer screens all glowed a soft blue, lighting the room. By each Monitor were chairs and by the chairs were several more decapitated bodies, with the same three clawed slashes.

"Keep together," Kami said quietly. The group made there way into the room, Gavyn glancing behind them every now and then, finger tense on the trigger. In the middle of the room were shards of what appeared to be a Droid, now dismantled with numerous holes in its armored shell. Leaning down Kami picked up the remains of the droids arm. On the end were three clawed fingers. "It appears as if we found what killed those pirates," said Kami mostly to herself. Gavyn knelled down next to the battered torso and brushed off what appeared to be dried blood. Underneath was the Imperial sign. "These are ours," said Gavyn to the group.

Gavyn stood up and looked down at the Droid. "I don't think thats the only one that killed all those pirates...there must be more around here somewhere..." said Gavyn, stating aloud what the rest were thinking.

-----------------------

Iron Horse Squad
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

Post Number:  2086
October 13, 2005 4:58:09 PM    View the profile of Angel 
"Yep, they're ours allright," the trooper Angel came to know as Dinin said, kicking the junked piece of metal at his feet. "Guess we know where all the pirates went."

"This is a big problem." Rizzit chimed in. The troops were all gathered in a tight circle around the last of the droids they took down. Jinx was breathing heavily and favoring his ribs. Angel himself was pretty beat up, blood gushing from the deep claw marks in his back, not to mention the broken ribs he was also sporting. "These droids are IC property, we can't go around blowing them to bits."

"Rizz, its kill or be killed at this point," Angel said. "If we get jumped again I I'm not going for the stun, they're going down."

"I agree with Angel." Kairo added. "Something or someone has made these droids kill anything that moves."

"Shouldn't we alert the others?" Slash asked absently, staring busily at the doorway to make sure none of the droids were coming again.

"Sithspit!" Rizzit swore, "these caverns are giving us too much interference...we can't get ahold of the others."

"Angel can you..."

The rest of Kairo's words wre lost in the sudden wave of lightheadedness that overcame Angel. The world around him began to spin, and the voices of the troops around him faded in and out in garbled tones. His heart beat slowed, and he looked down to see the puddle of blood that had formed under his feet...then he collapsed.

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
=[Jikkyo the Horrible]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi/Vast Empire/Lopen [VP:1]
------------------------

Jinx
ComNet Novice

Jinx

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  59
October 13, 2005 6:07:40 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
Angel was on the ground before anyone could react. Rizzit and Kairo knelt down next to Angel, Rizzit removed Angel's helmet while Kairo yelled to Dinin to help Jinx get to his feet and to get him over to help Angel.

Angel's face was completely pale and his eyes were closed. Rizzit removed his own helmet and one of his gloves, he then began to feel for a pulse on Angel's neck. Kairo started to remove the torso section of Angel's armor. "He's alive but his pulse is pretty week" Rizzit said as he removed his hand from Angel's neck.

"Riz, help me get this armor off. Man he looks bad." Kairo said as he slowly and carefully removed a sleeve. Dinin helped Jinx kneel down next to Kairo, then went around next to help Rizzit remove the last part of the storm trooper armor.

"Ok, take these medipacs and apply them to the larger gashes, try to cover them as best as you can. He should be ok if we can get these to stop bleeding" Jinx said softly. He then removed his right glove and checked Angel's pulse.

The four of them worked on Angel for several minutes. His back was covered and his bleeding had stopped. "Ok, he should be fine now, we'll have to let him rest for a little while" Jinx said slowly as he layed himself down on the ground.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

TRP/LCPL Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

[This message has been edited by Jinx (edited October 13, 2005 6:10:34 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  708
October 13, 2005 7:16:08 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Once Angel had been cleaned and tended to by Jinx, Angel was carefully carried by Rizzit, Kairo, and Jinx to one of the cots that circled the room. Jinx was left to watch over him until he awoke. He was also told that if Angel didn't wake up in the next fifteen minutes, that he would have to try to forcefully wake him. Meanwhile, Sam and Slash were sent to watch the tunnel that led out of the room, while Dinin was told to keep watch at the door they had all entered from. Each of them had been given a flash light that had been found in one of the chests at the foot of the cots.

Rizzit and Kairo were hunched over the only droid that was mostly intact, trying to discern what it was capable of doing and how much armor it had. "This is one wicked droid." Rizzit said quietly. "I'll leave you with this one. I'll check the others to make sure they are destroyed, and then I'll check with everyone. We leave here in fifteen minutes, so you better have something to report."

"I never recall being trained as a droid expert." Kairo groused.

"You know how guns work. Plus you know how mechanical parts work from your experience with walkers. Make do." Rizzit said over his shoulder as he walked toward Sam.

"Great." Kairo said as he pulled out a datapad to catalog whatever he could figure out. Looking down at the prone metal figure, Kairo first straightened its limbs so that it laid prostrate along the steel floor. He judged its height to be 2.2 meters tall. Trying to remember back over the fight, Kairo remembered that he had seen one of them running along the ground with all four legs. Much like what a wolf or wild beast would do. Crouching down next to the droids mid-torso, where the legs and body connected, he found that in between what would be the respective areas of a humanoid's hips and ribcage were interlocking metal folds that were pliable and could bend to allow the droid to make bounds like Kairo had assumed. The links could also swivel against each other, giving the droid the added bonus of turning a complete three hundred and sixty degrees. "Lovely," Kairo grumbled as he added the schematics to his datapad. "Someone must have had a lot of fun with the development of this beauty."

Moving on to examine the over all look of the droid, Kairo found its body to look roughly like the images of a super battle droid from the clone wars. Unlike those droids though, this had thicker legs. Pealing back the outer casing of the legs, Kairo saw that it had metal coils, pistons, gears, micro-fiber, and electrical threads running through the entire core of it. Picking up the outer casing, Kairo put it on the ground and yelled, "I'm just testing something so don't worry about this." Pulling out his blaster, he fired a shot directly in the center of the metal plate. Once the smoke had cleared, Kairo stooped down and found that the shot had only left a circular metal scorch mark. It had dented the metal slightly, but it would take another few shots to completely puncture the armor. "Even better."

The next thing he examined was the droids head. This also had traits of the battle droids from the clone wars, but again, was much thicker and had a few more gadgets attached. Instead of two camera eyes like most droids had, this had a single black line running across its face. Attached to the right side of its head was a small antenna that Kairo assumed would allow it to contact its fellow droids in a fight. On the left side of the head were three horizontal tubes about five centimeters long that pointed forward. Each one had a different function, but Kairo couldn't tell what. He guessed that they were for visual purposes. Examining the neck of the droid, Kairo found that it could tilt the droids head to look straight up. Why would it do that? After a few seconds, Kairo realized that this was so the droids could see where it was going when it was running on all four arms.

"Last but not least, the weapon systems." Kairo mumbled. Checking his chronometer, he saw he only had three minutes left. Moving down the arms, Kairo's eyes immediately found the hands of the droid to be its primary weapon. Each hand, which was quite large, had only three fingers. But instead of the normal grip of a metal hand, each finger had been replaced with a twelve centimeter long vibroclaw. Grimacing, Kairo knew he didn't want those ripping into him like they had Angel. Looking for secondary weapons, Kairo found that each arm had an encased miniature blaster. Trying to remember his history, Kairo thought that the super battle droids had much the same weapon. This time though, the weapon was smaller. It would still be able to kill someone if the shot was placed well, but Kairo thought that if it hit a stormtrooper's armor directly in the center of the chest, it might not puncture all the way through. Moving back down to the waist of the droid, Kairo found that on either side of its body were two thermal detonators. "Great."

Flipping the droid over, which took considerable work, Kairo examined the droids back. He knew what he should find though. At the rear end of the droid, right above the metallic thigh, he found a stealth generator. "Time's up Kairo. What did you find?" Rizzit said from above him.

"A lot actually, though I would like to find out what powered this thing and rip open its torso, but I have all that we really need. Maybe I should become a droid analyst or something." Kairo grinned.

"Maybe later, we have to go. Angel has woken up and I don't want to spend too much time in one place." Rizzit said as he led Kairo toward the door that the droids had blown open. "Tell us what we are up against along the way. We still have to meet Kami's group at the supposed supply storage room." Meeting up with Sam, Jinx, Slash, Dinin, and Angel, the seven troopers moved from the room and into the dark, with Kairo explaining the droids structure.

(OOC I hope the droid description is good enough. It took me a half an hour to do it. If something seems wrong with it, tell me, and I'll try to fix it. )
-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 13, 2005 7:17:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 13, 2005 7:27:16 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  692
October 14, 2005 3:53:56 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami had just come to her feet when a sudden pain slashed through her lower chest, causing her to cry out in pain. Stumbling backwards, she hit the computer terminal at her back, throwing out her hand to catch herself.

Five helmeted heads turned in her direction; rifles raised to shoot at whatever had attacked her...only...there was nothing.

"Kams! Geezus!" Eviscares quickly stood forward to support his squad leader as she attempted to draw breath, awash in the now ebbing pain, "What's the matter?"

"Angel..." She gasped, "He's hurt...badly."

"Watch out!"

Gio's warning shout sounded bare seconds before the air next to the Horsey's swirled, giving rise to a metallic shadowed shape. A loud shrieking filled the air, before the object dived towards Eviscares, a long, vibro clawed arm extended to slice at his chest. Throwing her weight side wards, Kami caught Eviscares about the waist, pulling him to the ground as the blow cut through the air above them.

Landing heavily on the jagged floor, both rolled, coming to their feet just in time to face another attack from the droid. It dove, letting out another spurt of high pitched static, attempting to hit Kami with its full weight.  She side stepped fluidly about the attempt, closing her finger about the trigger of her E-11 as she did so. The green laser of both hers and Evi's weapons tracked up the droid's frame, glancing off to pepper the terminal and ceiling with charred holes.

About the room, shouts and grunts sounded as two more droids flashed into being, eyes swiveling to fix on their individual targets. More blaster fire sounded as Zafo and JR opened up their rifles, whilst Gavyn and Giovanni retreated before one of the droid's flailing arms. 

"Kams!"

Eviscares shout drew her attention just as the droid before her let out a low gurgle of what seemed to be annoyance, swiveling about abruptly in the air to come at her again. Grabbing at the chair to her right, Kami cast the metallic frame at the droid as it sped forwards, inducing another low gurgle of agitation as it bounced off its head. Unaffected, it reached her, lashing out brutally with its clawed arm. Avoiding the lethal blow once again, Kami watched as the droid's claw dove into the terminal where she had stood just moments before, burying itself in the high voltage electrical wires beneath the face. The droid spasmed, its frame emitting a cloud of black smoke, before it twitched and stilled, falling to the floor to land in a heap of discarded metal.

Without hesitating, Kami and Eviscares slid new power packs within their rifles, then leapt over the downed droid to help the others...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

Post Number:  2087
October 14, 2005 9:11:05 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel felt like crap. He woke from his haze to find his armor peeled off, and him laying in his stomach on a cot. The cot itself smelled like three week old bantha dung left to rot in the Tattooine sun, making him immediately want to visit the nearest santizing room. He was still a bit lightheaded from the blood loss, and hadn't technically woken up on his own. After the alotted fifteen minutes passed, Jinx had broken out the smelling salts, forcing Angel's mind back into consciousness.

"So what's the prognosis doc?" He asked Jinx.

"Just take it easy for a bit and you'll be fine. I'll tell Rizzit you can't be taking point anytime soon again." The squad's medic replied. Jinx moved off to speak with Rizzit, leaving Angel to fidget with his bandages. Calling upon the Force to refresh him and center his mind, Angel caught a strong wave of concern and confusion coming from Kami, somewhere further down the cave. 

Gently reaching out to her, he sent her a comforting nudge and said through the Force: I'm ok babe. Just a scratch In the short moment their minds were connected, he caught a sense of the desparate fight they were in.

"...Angel?"

Rizzit's voice shook him from the semi-meditative state he was in. Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs, he said distractedly, "Kami's group is in trouble. They ran into more of these things."

"There's no way to get to them now. If we can take these things down, so can they." Kairo interjected. "but these thigns are fairly nasty. I'd say Fury spent a pretty penny having these designed and built."

Trusting in Kami's abilities, Angel focused back on their own situation. "So  what's the plan then?"

"We continue into the cave. I'm having Jinx switch from night-vision to thermal so we might be able to pick these things up quicker. Kairo did a complete analysis of what exactly we're dealing with and it's not pretty."

"These things are vicious." the Dragoon SL added.

"Sounds like we've got a plan then." Angel nodded, grimacing as the cracked ribs complained when he stretched. "Where's my armor?"

"Trashed." Rizzit replied, pointing to the heap of black in the corner. "The vibroclaws cut throught all the electronics in the chest."

"Great...now I get to run through a pirate and killer droid infested cave in not but my skivies...

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
=[Jikkyo the Horrible]=
------------------------
------------------------

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 14, 2005 5:52:44 PM)]
Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Initiate

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  121
October 14, 2005 5:19:37 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn quickly dashed behind one of the Computer Monitors as one of the Droids chased him and Giovanni, swinging its vibroclaws wildly. Once behind it, Gavyn quickly began unloading blasts into the armored shell of the droid. Beside him Giovanni did the same, until the droid made its way around and slashed violently at Gio's head, barley missing as he ducked in time, and rolled off to the side.

As the droid made to tried to slash at Gio again, Gavyn unloaded a few more shots into it, diverting its attention for a second while Gio reloaded and began blasting it again. Suddenly one of Gavyns blasts found its way into the hard casing and the droid was knocked back, thick black smoke pouring from the whole. Gavyn and Gio continued to pepper the droid with fire until the green glow from its eye went out.

Walking over to Gio, Gavyn reached his hand out and helped him back to his feet. "Nasty little Buggers," commented Gavyn with an unseen smile. "Indeed," replied Gio. On the far side of the room they watched as JR and Zafo finished off the last droid, and it began to spark out of the neck and finally fell to the ground.

Gio and Gavyn walked back toward the middle of the room where Kami and Evis were already standing. "Where the hell did those come from?" asked Gavyn, reloading his Blaster. Evis reached down and pointed to the hip of the Droid they stood around. "Stealth Generators. I'm assuming they watched us the entire time we were in here." "Great," muttered Gio.

"My only thought on the Droids is that one of us should switch there Helmet to Thermal sensors, so we will know when we encounter more of them," said Zafo, sporting a bleeding arm. "Other than that we need to figure out where we go from here." They all nodded in agreement and brought out the map so they could pick the right door to continue to.

-----------------------

Iron Horse Squad
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  712
October 15, 2005 8:22:38 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
Since Angel was in no condition to lead the group through the tunnels, Kairo had been given the lucky position. After looking through some of the dressers in the barracks chamber they had been in, Kairo had found two flashlights. This gave them a total of four to use. Strapping his to the side of is E-11/f, Kairo led the way through the next series of tunnels, checking his datapad where a copy of the map had been stored. Senses alert, Kairo walked through the semidarkness that his light created. Sam followed closely behind him, then Rizzit, Angel, Jinx, Dinin, and Slash. A sudden thought occurred to Kairo as he swung around yet another corner to check for any signs of movement.

"Hey Sam." Kairo whispered. "Do you think you could rig one of your explosives that you always seem to love carrying to send out some sort of electric shock?"

There was a slight pause, as the Sam thought about it. The rest of the group were forming up behind them. "It might be possible, but I would only be able to make one with the supplies I have."

"That is better than nothing. Use it as a last resort against these droids. Dinin might be able to help you with it." With that, Sam moved behind to the middle of the group behind Jinx so that he wouldn't have to be as attentive, allowing him to concentrate on his bomb and discuss possibilities with Dragon.

After a few minutes, the group had made it to another large barracks room. This one had a few computer boards and terminals laid out in one corner. Rizzit motioned for Slash and Jinx to take a look as the rest of the group split into a groups. Sam and Kairo were searching the cots on the left side of the room, when Kairo saw something that almost made him lose his lunch. Five people had been flayed and killed in their sleep on the cots. Blood ran thick along the ground. Three more people were sprawled out farther away. They had apparently been awoken by the screams of agony from their friends. Unfortunately, they hadn't been able to get away. Sam let out a stream of curses as he came close enough to see the grotesque display.

Spinning around, Kairo searched the area around him for any signs of a stealth field. He knew it was very unlikely for him to see one, but it was better than nothing. Kairo motioned Rizzit over after a few seconds. Kairo told Rizzit what he would find if he got any closer to the cots. Rizzit hesitated a minutes than decided he would have see for himself. A grunt was heard in the darkness behind them as Rizzit saw it for himself. "Jinx," Kairo heard through his comlink, which was still on. Rizzit continued, "Get over here, now." Even if it couldn't get through the thick walls of the cave to the other group, the comlinks worked fine in the same room.

Jinx was soon seen through the darkness, followed by two other forms which had to be Angel and Slash. "Check and see if any of them are alive still." Rizzit ordered. Turning to Angel he asked, "Are they working at all?"

"Nope," Angel responded. "The power has definitely been shut off through the whole base. We might be able to get things running again, if we knew which room had the power generator in it."

Kairo pulled out his datapad and started to look for any rooms that were labeled or that seemed to be a good place to look. "Rizzit, we have two choices. If we leave this room and head straight through the next two intersections, then hang a left at the third, we will be at that large room where are going to meet Kami's group. But, if we head right at the first intersection and follow that tunnel, there is a room that I think could be the power generator. Unfortunately, that tunnel just ends in that room, meaning we might get trapped back there."

"Hmm. If we could get the power on, we might be able to see the droids a little easier in the light." Angel added.

"Do you think we would be able to make it back out of that tunnel if we did go?" Dinin asked.

Jinx then returned and stated, "They're all dead. Nothing I could do. Plus, it appears they have only been that way for maybe the last four hours. Whatever happened here, it happened only shortly after we arrived on this planet."

"Ok. Here's the deal. We are going to split into two more groups." Rizzit said.

"Are you crazy?" Sam asked, not caring he was speaking to a senior officer.

"I know it might be a suicide mission, but if we break into a group of three and a group of four, I think we can do it." Rizzit said. "I want Jinx, Dinin, Slash, and I to continue on our way to that large room. Kairo, I'll need your datapad. You seem to know the layout by heart right now. Angel, Sam, and Kairo, you will go to that room and see if you can get the power back on. If the droids think they have turned off the power, that will probably be that last place they will be waiting to ambush us. I want you to do it quickly though. No stopping for anything. If you can or can't get the power on, I still want you to get to that large storage room in fifteen minutes. Everyone clear?"

Everyone nodded. Then Angel stated, "Thanks Rizzit. You give us the suicide mission, and I'm not even in any armor."

Rizzit motioned toward a row of lockers across the room. "You might find some armor in one of those. It's better than nothing. We move out in three minutes."

Kairo and Sam walked with Angel as he went to check the lockers. Kairo was lost in though. I shouldn't have opened my mouth. Why did I tell him about the power generator? I might even be wrong. But Kairo knew that the room was the correct one. He also knew that whoever turned off the power, probably wanted it to stay off. Which meant they most likely left someone or something to guard it.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Platoon Comp Story 1 (IH, DD)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:19:42 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 154  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >