Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  63
Total Posts:  317
  RE: PB & J: Summer Solstice
May 22, 2005 1:47:30 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
As Jack and Alexia left the room, Jen entered through the door, taking down her black hood and letting it rest on her shoulders.

"What's going on here?" Jen crossed her arms and looked at Exira, still sleeping next to Jaden, and then to Shazam. "Did I miss something?" She smiled, walking over to Jaden's bedside. " Is he alright?"

Shazam gently shook Exira's shoulder. "He took a nasty fall and the medicine is still very much in effect, but he should recover well."

Exira yawned, stretching her arms, hitting Jaden in the face. "What.... I'm still tired." She rolled over and looked at Jaden grinning, their noses barely touching. "You know what.  I'm not tired anymore." She got up, bouncing the bed, and grabbed onto Shazam's hand.

Shazam laughed giving her hand a comforting squeeze. "How are you feeling, Jade?"

He wrapped his hands behind his head and beamed. "Feelin fine."

"Oh, really..? DJ looked at Jaden's legs and shuddered. "His medication must be working like a dream then. Maybe I could get some of that stuff. I got an awful headache." He scratched his chin playfully and nudged Shazam.

Jen just shook her head, placing the back of her hand on Jaden's forehead. "He feels hot. Let's hope he doesn't have an infection."

Jaden's eyes lit up. "Jen!  You came to visit me." He grabbed her hand and held it between his own.

"Well of course I did. I was worried about you." Goosebumps rose on her arms. His hands were freezing.

He closed his eyes and grinned. The room was silent as his grin drifted away and sleep took him once again.

" That was quick. I didn't think he'd fall asleep so fast." Exira yawned again and scratched her head.

"We might as well leave and let him get some sleep. He's proabably exhasted." Jen took her hand back and tried to get some warmth back in them. " I think we're all exhasted. It's been a long day." Her hand combed through her long tangled hair, fluffing it out.

"Good idea, everyone do what you need to. We can all meet later." Shazam lead the way out the door, DJ and Jen filing out last.

"That was exciting." Jen said as she reached her door, fidling with the lock.

"Yeah. It's not everyday a navy man gets to go down and shoot up the bad guys on foot." DJ rested his arm on the wall and looked down into Jen's dark green eyes.

"True." Smiling, the lock clicked and she pushed her door open. "I'll see you later, I guess." Her door was almost shut, when a strong arm reached and stopped it.

"Wait. I have something to give you."

Jen blushed and opened the door so she could step out.
" What is it?"

"You'll see." He dug around in his pocket and pulled out a maroon braided necklace. He opened his palm and revealed a white jade lotus blossom.

Jen was speechless. "It's so beautiful, DJ!" Where did you manage to find this?"

DJ rubbed the back of his neck. " Oh, it was n-nothing. I got it from the deaf man when we were in the Market place. He said I should give it to you."

" Thank you." Jen grasped onto it and pulled the top apart, making the necklace longer and slipped it over her head. She took the white lotus in her hand and stroked the soft cool rock with her thumb, then let it fall to her chest as gave DJ a hug.

He held her, suprising himself, not motioning to let go. His face turned crimson as he loosened the embrace.

Jen opened her door and again took the blossom in her hand. "Cya..." She mouthed as the door shut.

"Bye." He smiled, staring at her door.

-----------------------
Jen Knight
Vast Empire Navy
FM/CRW Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  984
Total Posts:  2143
May 22, 2005 2:32:52 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Art rallied with some of the Safariests who were regrouping now that the hunters had been forced out of the city.

"My men are chasing behind them to ensure they don't re-enter the city."  Mathias said to Art as they and Taylsha walked through one of the many destroyed buildings.

"One of our pilots said that he had found an outpost or camp in the woods, we never had a chance to check it out.  Do your men have an outpost out there?"  Art asked.  Mathias turned around to face him.

"No we don't but it might prove interesting to find out what it is."  Mathias replied.

"Well if you can get me a pair of bikes and help me scrounge some gear from these supply shops, Taylsha and I will find it and scan the situation.  If it is of interest I'll let Shazam know and he will determine whether or not to bother with it."  Art said.

"Alright I'll send two of my men to grabs the bikes for you two, good luck."  Mathias replied.  Art and Taylsha made their way through the broken class and charred furniture and outside.  It took fifteen minutes to gather the gear they wanted, some from a store that refurbished army gear, others from a weapons shop and food stuffs market.  They did not intend to be gone long but just in case, Art was ensuring they could survive a night in the jungle if they had to.  Both of them suited up into camouflage that they had found at the army store, and after a little bit of effort to get the not so perfect straps in place, Art managed to strap on the appropriate body armour on Taylsha and himself.

The two quickly took off out of the city and past the resort into the forest.

"Do you remember where Jaden said he saw this outpost?"  Taylsha asked over her comm.

"Yes."  Art replied quickly as he picked his way through the trees and brush.  Eventually, they had to slow down as the forest became denser.  It was a dangerous place to be taking the bikes and it quickly became clear that they were going to run out of space soon.  "Let's head for that structure over to the left."  Art said, directing Taylsha to a stone building that had caught his eye.  The two turned towards it and arrived a minute later to find a crumbling stone temple.  "Looks like we will get to see the ruins after all."  Art said to Taylsha as he slung his carbine crosswise over his shoulder so it lay against his back.  Taylsha grabbed her weapon as well and they both took flashlights.  The two slowly picked their way up the degrading stone steps and made their way inside.  The floor was cracked and pieces of stone were lying all over from the roof and walls as they had slowly fallen apart over the years.  Art began to feel very cold as they walked in deeper, the outside whipping across the door way echoing a haunting sound through the walls.

"What's wrong Corran?"  Taylsha asked him suddenly as she saw her shake.

"I don't know...there is something strange about this place, it frightens me."  He replied slowly, looking around with his flashlight as he did.  There is something eerily familiar about this place...  He thought to himself.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  312
Total Posts:  794
May 22, 2005 6:41:10 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Walking into his room DJ jumped on his bed and laughed out loud. "finally things are going good for me" remembering of what happened 5 minutes ago. "wow she was beautiful with those deep green eyes you can get lost in those." shaking his head "must not think like that she is a friend but a friend with a great body." he gave a mental note to himself.

"wrong thing to say, ah man i need a drink." getting up and putting on his leather jacket, he walked out the door.

stepping into the bar he sat down and asked for some ale, "man its a great place here to bad things go wrong everywhere i go." i wish there was a place where i can go and never worry about trouble."

"i know a place where it is so peaceful nothing can go wrong." lookin up he saw a man standing beside him.

"where" Dj asked the man.

the man just smiled and said "When you die." pulling out his vibroblade the man lunged for DJ.

jumping out of the way and reaching down for his dagger he noticied it was missing, "crap left it at the Hotel oh well hand combat it is."

the man started slashing at DJ. "wow this man looks drunk." side stepping out of the way and running out the door DJ ran back to the hotel. "don't want to get thrown into jail on the happiest day of my life."

-----------------------
We ride together we stay together Nazgul

----------------------
FM/CRW DJ234/Nazgul 8/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by DJ234 (edited May 22, 2005 7:50:43 PM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1388
Total Posts:  3245
May 22, 2005 7:06:21 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(I think it's about time to ask the question finally... This will be a short post, however.)

Jack and Alexia just walked about, talking about this and that, until finally Alexia brought back the question Jack was talking about when she was "sleeping" with Jaden.

"Alexia, you have to understand, I wanted to do this later. I wanted to wait until our last meal on vacation. But current events have caused me to rethink that," Jack said.

Alexia was uncertain Jack was talking about, so she asked again. "What is it, Jack? Please tell me!"

Jack knew it was time. He had waited for this moment for a long time. He knelt down and pulled out a small box.

"Alexia, will you marry me?" Jack said as he opened the box, revealing a dazzling jewel.

Alexia was so happy and overwhelmed with joy. She took a moment to take in the beauty of Jack's gift. Jack explained, "I got it from a smuggler. But, we were good friends. We both served in the Auroran Defense Fleet. I had him meet me in secret not long ago to get this."

Remembering Jack's proposal, she exclaimed, "You bet I will, flyboy!"

Jack then was equally overwhelmed by joy. He took the crystal out of the box and slipped it on Alexia's ring finger. She looked at it with awe, then looked back at Jack. She laughed with joy and lunged forward to hug Jack. Then they kissed lovingly. Their years of dating had finally payed off.

Jack Nebulax and Alexia Far'shadow were about to be married. And best of all, they would get married right after vacation had finished.

(There. Finally popped the question! Now to do it in real-life!)

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Jack Nebulax, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/PO1 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Magistrate Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Rallos, Imperial Directorate (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Rallos/Cantrell/Diadem
Admiral Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Wing I (Nemesis Wing) of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF)
[This message has been edited by Jack Nebulax (edited May 22, 2005 7:06:49 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1563
Total Posts:  4197
May 22, 2005 8:22:22 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Were you serious or joking about the rl thing?  Don't know you background exactly so I can't tell...)

Shazam had set up a table in his room, the drapes pulled and the lights dimmed.  DJ had not come back from the bar, which was surprisingly still in service, and Jack was off with Alexia.  He would sort until Art returned with Taylsha.

"Make love to me," Exira joked, and Shazam glanced at her with warm eyes as he continued to sort what he'd just emptied out from his bag.  She sat there though, a single leg still at half-mast. 

Shazam was now spreading the weaponry the best he could in the hopes of getting the repeaters with the repeaters and the explosives with explosives while the beautiful young ladies dark brown eyes reflected the image of closed curtains and white walls. 

Shazam had decided to look back up, unbeleivably trapped in the eyes, and she continued to stare up at him as well.  He was about to move to the her when everything became deadly quiet all at once.  His muscles tensed, but the pilot was flying backwards and the image in front of him was no longer the same, tossing itself back and forth.  It was there, then all at once gone.

He was laying on the ground awkwardly for about two seconds, beginning to see the blast in his head.  Sound began to fill his ears and the white room was again detailed but seemingly darker.  Shazam rolled onto his stomache and used his arms to push him upwards.  He was facing the door and the table with all its arsenal glory was in shables on the floor next to him.  He rubbed his eyes, his vision still very uncontrolled, then he turned. 

Shazam's arms stayed at his side but he lost his breath completely.  The entire side of the wall was gone, a black burned mark outlined the whole and a trail of deep trail led to the wall to his right.  The bathroom appeared to have been saved from the peircing cannon fire.  The bed Shazam was so ready to move to was decimated and pieces of it lay everywhere.  The bolt had moved underneath the bed, picking it up and tossing Exira across the wall.  Oh no...  Shazam knew she was there but dared not to look, his perifial vision couldn't help it though and Shazam was suddenly staring into the dismantled body of his loving lady friend.  The explosion was so powerful, she was now inbedded a little higher than the bed had been in location on the wall. 

The door behind him was open and Jen rushed in, noticing Shazam was okay with a quick up and down she ran to the hole in the wall. 

"Oh my god...  What hap..." she stopped in turning noticing the body slabbed across the wall. 

Shazam looked at neither of them and grabbed one of the weapons laying at his feet.  He walked casually to the open space in his room and glanced out across the city, noticing a large movement of people at the edge of the forest, about four heavy cannons in all.  They were not coming into the city, just punishing it for its sins. 

Cannon fire began to rain on the city...

(Be creative now...  Don't worry, they arn't coming into the city, we're moving to the forest...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  318
May 22, 2005 8:39:19 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Walking back into the hotel DJ felt something was wrong. taking the staris instead of the elevator he ran up to the floor his room was at. opening the door that leads to the floor DJ noticied debri everywhere coming from shazams room.

"What happened here shaz." looking down he saw shazam there with Jen. "would someone please tell me whats going on."

well i rushed in after the explosion DJ and saw shazam on the ground just before u came in." Jen Said.

walking to the hole in the wall and peering outside he noticied a big group of people sweeping the city and heading towards the forest.

"but why did they shoot here instead of the bank."

"probably wants to get some revenge." Shazam said.

"well looks like we got to repay them for this." turning on his heel DJ sprinted out of the door and into his room to get his equipment for a fight.

-----------------------

----------------------
FM/CRW DJ234/Nazgul 8/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  988
Total Posts:  2143
May 22, 2005 9:46:11 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
The two made their way to the end of the tunnel at the entrance and found themselves in front of a pair of large, crumbling stone doors and two hallways running perpendicular to the main one.  Art pushed against the doors but they were damaged and would not move.

"If they are in this temple, there is no way they are inside there."  Taylsha observed.  Her words seem to fall on deaf ears, however.  Art seemed to be working himself into a frenzy, forcing his body harder and harder against the door.  Finally he gave up and kicked it hard.

"Ouch!"  He shouted.  Taylsha tried to put her arms around him and settle him down but he wouldn't.  His mind was racing now, his body felt a mixture of inner cold mixed with the hot sweat from trying to open the door.  He looked around desperately for something to force the door with.  As he did, the hallway faded in and out as his mind flashbacked to a similar place long ago.  Finally, he shoved himself against the door one more time.  This time, the heavy door groaned and shifted sending dust and small rocks tumbling to the ground.  "Push dammit!"  He shouted, throwing his body against the door again.  Taylsha leaned her weight against the door as well and it began to creak open slowly, the old, decripit hinges squealing loudly.  Suddenly, a loud crack echoed through the ruined temple followed by a loud groan.

"Look out Corran!"  Taylsha shouted, pulling his body away from the door as its hinges buckled and the door started to collapse.  The two managed to dive in the hallway seconds before the stone door smashed against the wall and the weakened stone slab shattered, filling part of the doorway, the hall, and the room inside.

Before the dust had even settled, Art climbed up from where he lay against the wall in the hallway and raced into the room.  Inside he found an empty room, void of anything except for some strange looking carvings, several decomposing skeletons, and a pair of steps leading to a small platform with a stone throne.  He scanned the room, his mind in a frenzy, the feeling of cold and fear intensifying.  He knew this place, he had seen it before, where...when? his mind thought frantically as he spun around, staring at the walls and ceiling of the room.

"Corran?"  Taylsha shouted to him but his mind was completely enthralled by the anger and frustration within him.  Where had he seen this...why...for what purpose...

"Sithspit!" He shouted over and over again as he tried to think back, seeing only the resemblance of a room of stone, the sharp cruel words he had heard back in the valley after being shot down, and what felt like a cold wind whipping through him.  He ran up to the crumbled throne, pushing Taylsha aside as she tried to control him.  Art ran and leapt up the two steps onto the platform and again stared out across the room.  After a few seconds of glaring around the room, searching for a hint or reminder of why this place was significant, he let out a scream of frustration and anguish that sounded like that of a wolf.  He ran down the stairs, the blood pulsing violently through his veins.  He swung his carbine around and shot at one of the carving sitting on a pedastal lining the walkway to the throne.  After a couple of shots, he swung the carbine around and began to slam the butt of it violently against the statue.  He beat it over and over, mercilessly in wild frustration, pieces of rock flying off which each violent strike.  Finally, the stone carving broke into pieces and crashed to the floor.

The sound of the stones crashing to the ground, echoing hauntingly through the room gave a sudden wave of peace to Art as the adrenaline and anger escaped his body.  He stumbled back for a second before bracing his hands on what remained of the pedastal.  His carbine was severely damaged, the metal on the back was bent or beat in.

"Corran?"  Taylsha asked softly, slowly approaching him and putting her arms around him.  His breathing was heavy and sweat was pouring off his body.

"I don't remember...I just can't remember,"  he said over and over softly between pants.  Taylsha gently rubbed his back and softly whispered to him in a motherly way.  Finally, his breathing began to slow as the tension flowed out of his body.  His shoulders sagged and then began to shake as tears began to flow from his eyes.  He stood their sobbing quietly for a moment before Taylsha turned him around and gave him a strong hug.  Art pressed his head down against hers, the arouma of her perfume profoundly relaxing.  Finally, he let out a loud sigh and stood up straight.  "I...I'm sorry Taylsha," he said softly.

"It's ok Corran, it's ok.  I'm here for you."  She said, stroking his back gently.  He tightened the hug before releasing her and taking out his datapad.  He quickly punched a few keys and brought up the information he had downloaded from the hotel.  "What is this place anyhow?"  She asked.  "And why did it cause such an emotional reaction?"  She continued inquisitively, trying to understand why her normal cool and rational partner had descended into an animal like state of rage.

"It says that this is the ruins of a temple once belonging to one of the many native tribes on this planet.  Apparently this tribe was wiped out decades ago by the first humans here.  The humans chose one of many tribes to side with and exterminated these people."  Art said, reading the information from his datapad.  "The carvings,"  he pointed his finger, hand still trembling slightly, to the crumbling carvings sitting on the pedastals "were made by the tribe in honour of their ancestoral leaders."  He sighed for a second before continuing.  "As for what this place means to me or why, I...I...I can't answer that.  I just can't remember what or why this place reminds me of something, I can't even tell you what that something is other than a stone structure."  He said, his voice beginning to tremble.  "All I know is that there is some point in my life that I am either trying deep down inside to deny, or was completely forgotten, possibly by a head injury, and is now beginning to haunt me as I start to remember tiny pieces of it."  He said.  He looked up at Taylsha, half expecting to see either fear, confusion, or disgust on her face but instead, seeing warmth and compassion.  "You're not disgusted by my actions and seemingly borderline insanity?"  he blurted out surprised.  He immediately regretted asking, fearing she would be offended.  If she was, her face never flinched.

"Corran, you are the man I want to spend my life with.  I want to help you through this, to help you piece together what you are either forgetting or subconsciously denying.  You can't go through this alone...and I am willing to stand by you as best I can."  She stressed.  Taylsha leaned up and gave him a deep kiss.  "I love you and never want to lose you."  She said.  Art smiled and the two embraced in a deep kiss.

Just as both were running out of air, Art heard a growl coming from the doorway.  He spun around, grabbing his pistol from his gunbelt as he did and fired three quick shots through the open door.  The shots were quickly followed by a loud squeal and then by an eery silence.  The two made their way carefully towards the doorway, Taylsha scanning the right side with her carbine while Art, the left side.  When they reached the doorway, the saw the dead body of a very large reptillian like creature.  As they examined it, the sound of growls echoed down the hallways towards them.

"Let's get out of here."  Art said.  The two climbed over the rocks obstructing the doorway and raced down the halls towards the exit.  The both nearly tripped over the broken floor and stones as they fled the temple.  Just before they reached the open air, two more creatures swung out in front of them from a side room by the entrance.  Taylsha fired several bursts at them, sending one crashing to the ground while Art hit the other one in the eye as he ran.  The two jumped over the two dead bodies and raced down the steps to their speeder bikes.  Within seconds, the engines of both bikes whirlled loudly as they raced back towards the resort.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited May 23, 2005 8:05:12 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1577
May 23, 2005 7:43:14 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The Viper was parked in the Real Bebop as it was supposed to, and Shazam did not think to get it out.  Jen followed behind him as best she could, she'd wrapped all the weapons she could find, which were scattered about the floor, in a towel she got from the bathroom.

DJ had gone to his own room to retrieve some things, expecting Shazam to wait for him.  Had it not been for the sound of several repulsors coming to life, DJ wouldn't have had the slightest clue Shazam was already taking off. 

"I'm going to need you to fly the ship for me once we reach the mile mark..." Shazam said sullenly, no real sign of emotion beginning on his face.  DJ had just rushed in, completely out of breath and attempting to get some air in his lungs by leaning against the communications port opposite Jen. 

"Whats goin on man?"  he whisped out restlestly. 

"We're going to try and fly the ship while our commander goes to town on the cannons..." She said, a bit of awe in her voice.  The both of them were equally confused, about different things but it all seemed to be the same.  Shazam didn't begin to show any sign to recognize thier conversation.  Instead, he continued on, habitually checking monitors and read outs, adjusting his eyes to the horizon now and then. 

His two squadron members were still trying to get some kind of idea what they were needing to do at that exact moment, but thier leader stayed like stone.  He had walked out of a now burning building, several other small residences had been hit but not nearly as badly as that of the resort.  It was a prime target...

"Take over..." Shazam held the controls for only a moment as Jen jumped to his side and switched positions with him.  DJ shook his head put his hands through his hair, attempting to clear his senses of any hesitation.  The lead pilot ducked his head and moved through the gozanti cruiser, keeping absolutely prone in every way to the impossible.  He was keen on punishing these people, but there wasn't an overwhelming emotion to show.  Instead, there was just the need to finish something.

Shazam could see the ruins of the vacation city and the outer edge of the forest; the cannons were becoming louder by the moment, thier fire power or rate had not grown intensity or relinquished its assertive and maniacle stance.  Shazam again pushed a button and found all the doors on his way to the cargo bay had suddenly flung open, allowing him to now pick up his pace. 

He hadn't expected to be using his ship again any time soon, but it was becoming more and more useful; the lights were bright as he walked into the otherwise dark room.  Consoles surrounded the front end of 'Page', his coveted Star Viper he had been attempting to recharge before any re-use.  Oh well...

He triggered the entrance to his fighter and climbed in with precise situating skills he didn't know he had.  The power to get confortable right when you sat down was a rare one...

"DJ, open up the cargo doors..."  Shazam ordered over the com, just getting on his head set, the headphones were a little more comfortable than he remembered.  Everything seemed to be perfect actually.  The boosters initiated and he was now floating above a white circle and behind him the doors were wide from which he felt a pulling.

"I'll be needing your support in about two minutes time.  Watch yourselves..."  Page flew out the back end of the Gozanti and put the engines at full as it began to drop.  After a few seconds of slowing his descent, Shazam began to rocket upwards, seeing the backend of his larger ship close its hind quarters.  Page skimmed the torsoe and got ahead of the cruiser, barreling in front and looping down towards the timberline. 

(Time to take out those cannons.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  543
Total Posts:  1963
May 24, 2005 2:50:11 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
(I'm outie boys, it's been good.  Jen, keep going, you are doing awesome on the stories....)

Jaden was quickly transfered over to the hovering board, his head cocked back in a brace.  The rest of the pilots had evacuated the area, and quickly called a medical team to take Jaden back to base.

The medical shuttle was a nice, sleek lambda class.  He slid in perfectly, as some more pain medicine was shot into his legs.  Right befor he fell asleep, the commander of the ship came to him with a message.

"You have been appointed to Executive Officer of Aegis Squadron, the newest to the Vast Empire"

"That is awesome," Jaden said, slurring his words, as he fell asleep and began for the ride home.

(Thanks guys, I seriously had a ton of fun with you.  Maybe someday I'll come back....)

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Aegis Squadron

Rising out of the Ashes of the past, fighting for the Glory of the Empire of Future- Aegis Squadron Motto

SXO/FL/SCRW Jaden/Aegis 5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD AtrusVEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B]
Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  72
May 24, 2005 6:11:33 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
Jen rested her hand over her eyes, trying to take in all that had happened in last 15 minutes. The bomb..Exira..all that blood..Shazam... "Oh!" She shook her head, pushing back her feelings and remembered what she was there to do. Help Shazam. She slipped on the main head set. "Shazam can you hear me?"

Jen's voice came rushing from the intercom. " Yeah. I hear you. I'm going to need you and DJ to keep watch and keep me out of trouble." Shazam's features were sullen, eyebrows arched as he neared the forest.

"Alright, we got you back. Be careful." Jen closed her eyes and sighed. " DJ, what did we get ourselves into by coming here? Jaden was badly hurt. Thankfully they got him back to the Base for more treatment, but what about Exira? I can't get that image out my head." She set her elbow down on the control board, staring blankly out the window, out onto the giant forest where the hunter's waited their unquestioned fate.

DJ's hand rested on Jen's shoulder. "I'm sure everything will be alright. Shazam will be able to take care of everything."

"You're probably right, but I can't help worrying about him going out there all by himself against all those horrible people." She thumbed the cold jade blossom that still hung around her neck.

Shazam lowered Page down right above the forest. It was like a raging sea of green, trees bending in the strong wind, meaning it would be impossible to see any movement on the forest floor. The wind was bringing in a summer storm from the west. He had heard people in the lobby talking about it briefly as they came back from their mission in the city. " Damn, I didn't think it would come in so quickly." He placed his hand on his headset. " Jen, you see those clouds coming?"

Jen became alert and turned back to her post. She didn't have to look long to see the black, malignant cloulds coming their way. " Where did those come from?"

"What are you look at?" DJ squinted out one of the small side windows.

"You can't see it from there. Come look at this." Jen pointed out to the west, where Shazam and the Page were waiting. "See it? Those huge clouds..." She cleared her throat and spoke clearly into the 'com. " Shazam, this coming storm means we might have a limited time if it gets too bad. DJ and I will try to lock onto it and calculate how fast its coming your way."

"What...the hell. We're screwed." DJ flopped down on a chair,  slouching on it, arms and legs hanging loosly at his sides.

" DJ, get a hold of yourself. Do something useful to help Jen find more about this cloud system coming our way. I'm going in guys, keep me updated." Shazam clutched onto the controls as Page crept into the massive woodland through an opening.

-----------------------
Jen Knight
Vast Empire Navy
FM/SCRW Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  367
May 24, 2005 6:52:46 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius watched the shuttle till it was not longer visible.  He had told Jaden to get a support rope on.  You never know an accident will happen, but he couldn't waste anymore time.  There was work to be done.

Darius and Lil John were now running from rooftop to rooftop.  They couldn't waste any time.  There were many straggling hunters that didn't get the message or were attempting to be commandos.  Blaster fire could still be heard as screams from distant allys pierced the burning city's silence. 

They had a system going.  John would to another roof top, trying to get attention.  If he got shot at, Darius would run and end their life.  It was starting to get very grusome. 

Darius had forgotten what it was like to hear the wages of war.  It had been so long since his last major engagement.  He was starting to get use to the screams: almost.

A explosion erupted from a building in the distance.  The sick sound of flesh being liturally shredded could be heard.  "Damn it!" John yelled out.  Darius dropped next to his partner and landed in a puddle of blood. 

"Shit, they're using slugthrowers!"  Darius looked at his partner and saw the abdomin wound.  He pulled his friend behind a stairway exit, where they were out of sight.  He blacked out and almost fell down the stairs.

Flashback:  Darius looked at his dying friend.  He had taken a direct hit in the gut by a Trandoshan concussion rifle.  "Hold on Jex, you'll be fine."  Darius' voice shook.  He turned his head to see his father lying dead in the street.  He couldn't even recognized him.  The sand was soaking up the blood that came from what use to be his face.

"Get out of here kid, you'll be next," Jex muttered.  "Take your father's ship and get out of here."

"I'm not gonna let you die like this Jex." Darius was ready to cry. 

"Be tough Darius."  Jex was getting quieter.  His liver was shredded and he was bleeding to death.

"I'm not gonna leave you here, you're gonna live."  Darius' tone was more defiant.  He wasn't going to leave.  Jex cringed and grimaced in pain.  The Tatooine desert wind and intense heat was only quickening his death.  Sand was rubbing into the wound.  If he survived this, infection would surely kill him.

Jex handed him his custom hold-out blaster pistol.  "Do it Darius, and you'll truly be a real man."

Darius palmed the old relic that his friend had kept safe for many years.  He looked at Jex aimed, and fired, killing him instantly.  "Goodbye, friend."

He looked up to see Bossk turn the corner, into another street.  He had to be quick.  He drug the two bodies into an ally and hid them.  Then he buried the blood trail so no one could loot the bodies.  Drawing his blaster rifle, he climbed onto the rooftops, and ran.  He was going to have his revenge.

Back to real time:  John screamed and ripped at his wound.  The liver was shredded and he too, was bleeding to death.  Darius pulled out the same hold-out blaster he had used on his friend, and shot John.  "Sorry."

He whipped back into the line of fire and a slug flew by his head, missing him by inches.  Darius looked through the scope and found the sniper.  It was a Duran.  He was leaning against a stone wall, picking off the militia Mathis had recruited. 

Darius fired two shots.  One shot in the head, and the other in the shoulder.  It spun the sniper around to lean against the wall.  "I've still got it." he muttered to himself.

-----------------------
Feed a womp rat a food ration, he'll want an energy stim. Give him an energy stim, and he'll rip your throat out.

----------------------
FM/CRW Darius Pursius/Nazgul 3-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Darius (edited May 24, 2005 9:35:30 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1589
May 26, 2005 4:32:17 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam had slowed to a bare minimum, just keeping afloat.  Below him was a barren path created from ruthless cannon blast, surprisingly silent ones though.  Trees of all sizes were litterly shattered at thier bases and appeared to be forced asside by the bulk movement.  The cannons had been 'moved'.  They couldn't be self-reliant, he thought to himself, just regular old huge cannons...

Page glistened as light from the falling sun met the sides of the ship at a strange angle, the clouds beggining to form around the great orb.  He kept the viper about one hundred-fifty feet above the forest floor, parts of it sloping up or down should have made Shazam more cautious.  It was strange, he didn't really feel any emotion at this point, but more or less an obligation.  Yes, revenge was necessary, and it would be carried out.  Or atleast some sort of retribution for the absolutely horrid destruction of such a beautiful and innocent young life...

Now, he wasn't overlly attached to Exira, but he liked her good enough.  Certainly, she wouldn't mind if he dealt out a little justice for thier side.  Underneath the humming craft, the treads from the vehicle pulling the heavy weaponry were becoming more apparent; just ahead of those treads was a steep hill that forced the wheels to dig further into the ground. 

In his semi-numbess, as he often did, he managed to ignore a long droning beep.  After about two seconds though, the pilot finally took notice and slowly let his head look into the monitor.  This time he reacted immedietly, looking up through his viewport he made eye contact with the barrel of four heavy cannons. 

"Oh shit..." Shazam dropped the throttle to zero percent, plummeting him to the ground as all four of them opened fire simultaneously.  The bolts lit up the transparency before him but only skimmed the top of his craft; Shazam had thrown himself against the controls more dramatically than he oringinally anticipated because of the boom following the blast.

Just before hitting the ground, Shazam his the thrusters, slowing the decent and ripping into the soil beneath.  Not good enough...

"Uuh" Shazam grunted as the wind was nearly knocked out him, the ship hit the ground with a thud but was not injured.  It simply stopped.  "Get out of the ship, get out of the ship..."  Shazam began to tell himself, there would be no way to escape that type of cannon fire when they hoped he would pop back up.

The latch popped open and fresh air began to blow inwards, tossing several small branches at him as he attempted to exit.  Shazam closed the hatch and took a deep breath, in front of him was demolished forest and soft earth.  The pilot held his hand against the cold metal of his ship, having turned around to lay against it, slowly moving his way to the corner of the fighter.  He let one eye around Page and again saw down the barrels of four cannons, just getting alligned with his ship.

Shazam sprinted into the wood, releasing the breath he held onto for dear life with.  The guns turned right to try and cut him off, letting off a single burst each.  Above the full speed Shazam were toppling trees and burning brush, so he ran faster. 

As he sprinted along, he couldn't help but think, "I really hope I don't get killed by a tree.  Might be kind of pathetic..."  After about a half mile, he stopped suddenly in the center of the great forest.  It was absolutely silent except for his drastic breathing that was keeping him more alert than the increasing cool winds.  The clouds above were beginning to gather and turn dark as well, casting a pale and in some areas, grey color at the faces it looked into.  Shazam paced for a moment. 

He studied the dirt, leaves, and branches scattered about the ground, hoping for some obvious solution to his not so clear problem.  It was at this point Shazam realized he had his duel blasters attached his belt.  An idea...

Yea...  FRIGGEN RIGHT!  Sure...  Why not?  The pilot wasn't actually delirious, just self ritious and way to beleiving in his own abilities at the moment.  Hell, he just dodged huge cannon fire. 

Shazam began to jog to where he last remembered seeing the cannons, some kind of security had filled him when he saw those pistols.  As he began to think about himself, "What an awesome fighter, incredible, absolutly stunning..." a smile crossed him and the path began to clear.  Yes, this was the way.  He practically hopped at every step now and might as well have jumped to the top of a small hill. 

The pilot put his hands to the guns and pulled them out as left leg broke through some heavy branches stuck together.  Shazam suddenly burst through the trees into the company of four huge guns and eight men.  Complete utter surprise. 

He had never felt so incredibly accurate.  The pistols the young man held were ablaze all of the sudden and he, without a single doubt in his mind, shot each of them with accuracy he didn't know was possible.  None of them could possibly of reacted quickly enough to get away from the shooting. 

The men at the side of each cannon ran for cover, but Shazam appeared to have never broken stride and actually kept shooting as he ran, knocking down the fleeing hunters.

Each of the four was shot in the back, each of them dead before hitting the ground. 

That was really easy...  Should try that more often...  Each one of those bolts met thier target without a problem.  Shazam was in a bit of a stupor, but all the while completely clear on what had just happened and how he'd done it. 

Surprise truly is the greatest advantage.  He stopped his gallop as he began to twirl the pistols, holstering them after a moment of his own lonely boasting.  The pilot stood in the center of the dead men and looked up into the sky, squinting his eyes as rain began to sprinkle down.  He exhaled deeply, looked down to the star viper below, the hill was just as steep as it had appeared before, a large chunk of trees and soil had been taken out near where he stood.  Cannons, not good for fast reacting.  Oh well, maybe he'd be able to use these things...  Didn't know just yet.

"Anybody who can hear me...  We're goin huntin..."  And Shazam made way for his fighter.

(You don't actually have to make an in depth deal about us hunting them down, but do what you want.  I'll make a last post and then I think we're done.  Good job guys.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1442
May 26, 2005 7:12:37 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack walked with Alexia for a little bit through a small forest. It wasn't that much long after Jack had proposed, but things seemed to have quieted down between the two. Jack just had to move a tree branch so he and Alexia could get past.

"We better stay on the alert," Jack warned catiously. "The enemy could be anywhere." Jack checked his mechanical right arm's built-in blaster to make sure it was fully-loaded.

"Yeah, I guess we should," Alexia said. "Jack, I really love you. I'm glad we're getting married and such, but I still worry for you. What if you get shot down on a mission and get captured by the enemy? What would I do then?"

Jack could sense Alexia's concern. "I'll be fine, Alexia. I survived getting my arm chopped off after being shot down over Thyferra. I was tortured by a clone of Dac Valdre, yet I survived and even gained the upper hand. If I could survive a first mission like that, I can survive anything else - including marriage."

Jack and Alexia laughed at Jack's joke. "You're right. I have nothing to worry about. This has been great, even though the vacation turned into a life-or-death mission. I've had a wonderful time."

"I love you, Alexia. I truely do. I'll protect you no matter what."

"I love you, too. I know you'll protect me."

Then they kissed once more. They truely, deeply meant it. They were already thinking about what they'd do after they had gotten married. Maybe even a few children... maybe. Suddenly, a sound behind them caused Jack and Alexia to break the kiss. Jack got his super battle droid arm ready as the dark figure approached almost slightly...

There was no doubt about it. This was an enemy. An enemy headed straight for them.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

Senior Chief Petty Officer and Reporter Jack Nebulax, Imperial Navy and VE Today Staff, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Rep|Int/Rep Jack Nebulax/Rep: 4/Reporters-Interviewers/VE/VET
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  356
May 26, 2005 7:31:45 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
"Jen when is that storm coming" DJ asked

"the EST is about 1 hour away, and it looks like a big one too" Jen said.

"this is going no where i am not the one to sit and wait, i need action".

just then a voice came from the comm "Anybody who can hear me...  We're goin huntin..."

"that sounded like shazam, wait that was shazam."  DJ said excitedly

"No duh DJ" Jen said rolling her eyes

Getting out of his seat DJ moved to the Cargo doors and opened them and started to put on a Shock trooper suit.

"What are you doing DJ" Jen said getting angry

"I am going to help Shazam, stay here just incase we need pickup."

"be careful." Jen said

Seeing the worried look in her eyes DJ said once last thing before jumping out "don't worry Jen I'll come back."

Jumping out and closing the door behind him DJ put the jets on and hit the ground with a moderate landing. Checking for a weapon he found only a blaster pistol "Oh great no rifle next time i need to be sure to get one."

opening his comm to Shazam last transmission he said two words and hopefully he will hear them.

"I'm coming."

-----------------------

----------------------
FL/PO2 DJ234/Nazgul 9/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Gaming Reporter/G-Rep DJ234/G-Reporter: 3/Gaming Division/VE/VET
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1601
May 26, 2005 8:11:45 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
"Hey there Flight Leader of Wing three..." Shazam chuckled a little, ready to have a little fun. 

"Well hello Chief Warrant Officer Shazam" DJ breathed into the com.  Those suits suck, thought Shazam, bending low to get under some tangled vine-like branches. 

"Ahh, well meet me along the eastern side of the forest, I'll announce myself when I see you."  Shazam switched channels before his squadron mate got the chance to acknowledge.

"Mathis, Mathias?  Can't remember which way it goes." Shazam seriously couldn't remember, only knowing he must have called him both names while in the army commando's company. 

"Neither can I," a gruff voice answered back.  "What are you up to pilot?"

"Oh nothin.  Just thought I'd do a little huntin.  Wanna come along?"  Shazam answered back nonchalantly. 

"Well, I suppose I could, but I really don't want to have to go running out to save your ass..."  His senior way was completely obvious when he said this.

"Well, grab a speeder and I'll try not to snare us in a death trap..."  Shazam had continued to move towards the edge of the forest in the hopes he'd meet the side of the great cluster.  Now he paused and again looked up in the sky as Mathis answered back-

"Whatever, I really don't think they'll be wanting to come back, but might as well keep the thought out of thier minds for some time...  Make your way to the mid-west of the jungle and you'll find a good group of them I think.  An outpost atleast...  Good day." The old man finished and turned off his com.

Shazam nodded while rain water threated to blind him from above, he didn't want to close his at the moment, it was really cool looking out.  The greys and quiet whites around the nimbus thunder cloud formations was quite spectacular.  If only he had some goggles...  He switched back to the Nazgul frequency.

"How you doin DJ?"  He returned his stare to the damp path ahead of him.

"Oh, not too bad...  I should be meeting your side of the wood in about...  Oh...  Now?"  Steps suddenly slushed in the building water puddles.  Shazam spun around and looked at his third flight leader.  He was smiling and waving his arms about tryin to dispense some of the water clinging to his suit.  Shazam rubbed his chin and glanced down at the suped up DJ. 

"Lemme see those goggles..."  The com suddenly chirped up.

"What 'n the hell are you guys doin?"  Darius was on the line.  Both of foresters giggled nervously as one handed the other large rounded googles.  Shazam looked from the object to DJ about four times like he wasn't sure he should wear them, but then went to his portable com unit instead of quarreling with him on the matter.

"Nothin really man.  Just sitting in the middle of this rain forest, here...  Waiting for some back-up."  He was glancing around now, sensing another presence (but not in a force-like way necessarilly); the rain had begun to intensify. 

"You were ganna go huntin without me."  Darius stepped out from behind a tall tree.  DJ must have been speaking with Jen because he was only now turning to face someone, who was Darius, and Shazam also made a quick glance.  The man stepped forward and his SL shook the hand calmy as if to say, touche'. 

"So what'd you bring with you?" Shazam knew better than to think Darius un-armed. 

"Well, I'm packin, I can tell you that much..."  He grinned mischeviously as did all the pilots in thier seperate stations listening to the conversations.  Darius had left his switch in the 'speak' position for his com unit. 

"Like how packin?" wondered Jen, listening intently, looking for something to do with the Real Bebop.

"Well...  Its not quite what I'd liked to have brought along for such an occasion, but its atleast everything I brought with me through that airway security and then some..."

(We're goin huntin guys.  Lets finish this.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited May 26, 2005 8:17:56 PM)]
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  359
May 26, 2005 8:58:50 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
"So DJ why didn't Jen come with you we could have used her help." Asked Darius

"ya DJ the more the merrier in our hunting party." Said Shazam.

"Well i couldn't stand being alive if she got hurt like Jaden or worse." said DJ looking Down.

"I think DJ has a crush." said Darius making faces

"Shut it Dar before i shove my foot in your ass". DJ said turning all red

"Hey DJ was your comm turned off during that converation" Shazam said while laughing

"Ya DJ did your girlfriend hear that" Darius said now howling with laughter.

"Can we please just get back to the task at hand" DJ asked looking serious.

"Ya i guess your right, So darius what did u pack excatly that could be of use." Shazam said looking at Darius

"well a couple of blasters and a few vibroblades oh and some thermal detonators."

"Well then Chief warrant officer lets get moving." 

-----------------------

----------------------
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1449
May 27, 2005 8:03:11 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
"Hands up, you two!" the dark figure annouced toward Jack and Alexia. "I have plenty of weapons to kill you with, but I'll save that for later. I'll even let you pick."

"He's way too overcofident," Jack whispered to Alexia so that the figure couldn't hear him. "He probally only has one blaster, one vibroblade, and two thermal detonates."

"I feel so lucky," Alexia said sarcasticly. "So, what's the plan? How can we get rid of this goon?"

"I said, 'Hands up!'" the figure yelled again as Jack and Alexia continued on.

"Just follow my lead," Jack said to his future wife as he began to turn around, arms raised into the air. The dark masked figure caught sight of Jack's mechanical arm right away. However, what he failed to realize was that it had a built-in blaster that was fully-charged.

He missed that fact completely. He continued to move forward as he spoke.

"So, what are you two? Mercenaries?" he asked unknowingly. "What are you doing here? Vacation?" Now he was making more small talk, as if he was friendly. But Jack saw through his lies. The man had just reached for a thermal detonator.

"Actually, no. I'm a pilot, and she's a medical assitant. We work for the Vast Empire," Jack continued the conversation. Alexia stared at him.

"What are you doing?" Alexia asked, worried at the sight of the thermal detonator.

"Follow my lead, like I said." He then turned back to the masked figure. "And yes, we are on vacation."

"Hmm, a pilot and a medtech," the dark figure spoke once more. "On vacation."

"Although it's turned into a mission now, with you guys," Jack said.

The figure spoke again. "Well, I'm sorry I have to end this vacation..." he said as he was starting to turn on the detonator.

A blast rang out from Jack's mechanical right arm. The unarmed detonator dropped.

"Who are you working for?!" Jack yelled as he grabbed the fallen figure.

He was in a state of fear. He finally spoke, "I can't tell you!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I have to-" Suddenly, a toxic dart appeared in the man's throat. Another figure ran away, deeper and deeper into the woods. Jack had just lost his only way of knowing what all this was for.

Jack went over to comfort a sobbing Alexia. "It's all right, it's all right..."

-----------------------

Senior Chief Petty Officer and Reporter Jack Nebulax, Imperial Navy and VE Today Staff, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

Post Number:  83
May 30, 2005 1:23:31 AM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
"Be careful," Jen sighed and watched as DJ jumped out from the ship and sprinted into the forest below. "Have fun," she wispered as the door closed silently behind him.

She leaned back into her chair and adjusted the volume on  the intercom, then pushed her chair over to the weather controls, rummaging over her calulations. "Everything seems to be right." They would need to be back on the ship before the eye of the storm reached their approximate location or they would all be in serious trouble. The storm would be too much for the ship to handle. 

"---Ya DJ, t--more the-- our hunt-ng party." Fuzzed through the 'com.

"What..." Jen slid her chair back, placing on her headset and turned the volume back up on the com.

"Well, I couldn't stand being alive if she got hurt like Jaden or worse."  Blasted through the com'.

Jen nearly fell over trying to turn down the volume. The com' was off and Jen sat in a shock-like state, ears ringing furiously. "What was that? It kinda sounded like DJ...." Her cheeks turned crimson as she ran his words through her mind. "He's just worried...."

-----------------------
Jen Knight
Vast Empire Navy
FM/PO2 Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  81
May 31, 2005 11:52:30 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Jen landed the ship in the forest.  Shazam had given orders for her to stay there, just in case they needed a quick escape.  Jack was suppose to be bring Alexia to the ship.  He was running late.

"Jack, where the hell are you!" she shouted in the com mic. 

"Met up with the rest of the guys," he calmly replied.  "Can't hunt them all by myself.  We're on our way --"
A loud burst came through the speaker.

"Sniper!  Everyone down!" Darius shouted.  He could be heard through the com.

"Scratch that Jen, we're pinned down," Jack said, and he cut the connection.

****Where the rest of the action is taking place****

Everybody was on their belly.  Art and Jack were covering their wives (or soon to be), making sure they would get hurt.

Shazam looked at Darius.  He couldn't see his face because of the hood he wore.  All that was visible was a dark, human-shaped figure crawling through the jungle. 

"Everyone, stay where you are," Darius said. 

"Not this time Dar," DJ exclaimed.  "I'm tired of this hero crap you keep pulling."  He stood up and received a blaster bolt in the shoulder.  Darius leapt up from his position.  A small projectile rocketed from his wrist, exploding against a tree.  A green gas filled the air, and a man fell out of the tree dead.

"Thanks for getting his attention DJ," said Darius.  He walked over and helped DJ up.  "Good thing you have that armor, isn't it?"

DJ gave him a cold glare.  "You're paying for the repairs."  His gaze was locked.

Darius shrugged it off.  "Everybody fan out, we're no longer hunting, but being hunted.  Don't let them flank us.  Shazam, you want to lead, or should I?"

"I can handle it," he replied.

A few rapid blaster shots errupted in the distance.  Then a scream followed.  Darius looked at Shazam, "I'm going to go help Jack.  There's nothing worse than a petrified woman in the middle of a battle.  Take point and push toward that temple thing that Jaden had found earlier.  We can evac there.  I think we're in over our heads."

"Alright," agreed Shazam.  Darius turned and began to blaze through the jungle. 

"Hey Darius!"  He turned and looked at Shazam.  "Don't do anything stupid."

Darius reached a sobbing Alexia and a worried fiance in a short jog.  "Come on Jack, we need to get out of here.  They're already ahead of us."

Jack reached and gently grabbed Alexia arm and kissed her forehead.  "Let's go dear."  She slowly got up and was trembling.  "I won't let anything happen to you."  She slowly started walking. 

Darius disapeared into the jungle.  He went ahead, making sure the path was clear.

They all met at the ruins together at the almost the same time.  Darius appeared out of the jungle immediatly after everyone cleared.

"Thank you for joining us Imperial scum!"  A man shouted from a top the ruins.

"I knew this was too easy," muttered Shazam.

(got something started)

-----------------------
Feed a womp rat a food ration, he'll want an energy stim. Give him an energy stim, and he'll rip your throat out.

----------------------
FM/SCRW Darius Pursius/Nazgul 3-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Darius (edited June 1, 2005 5:18:09 PM)]
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  83
June 1, 2005 6:44:30 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius sealed his helmet and started talking to Jen.  "I need you to find a sniper rifle and ammunition hiding next to a tree.  Things are going to get hairy here.  I give you the coordinates."  Darius' eyes dart around in his helmet, blinking and moving to relay messages to Jen. 

"Copy that, I'll get them, but won't they kill me at the first shot?"

"No, not with this kind of sniper.  Good luck."

"Jen out."

The man on top of the ruins started talking again as his men melted out of the jungle.  "You almost foiled our plans, scum.  But you made a mistake of following us.  There is no stopping us now from taking the planet and handing it to the highest bidder."

DJ muttered under his breath, "I didn't know they sold planets these days."

The man continued, "the remnant Galactic Empire or the New Republic won't care.  They too busy fighting each other to care about a vactation planet that a rich Hutt or drug lord would love to come to after a busy month of illegal doings."

"You're not going to get away with this!" said Art loud enough for the man to hear him.

"Oh, but I think I will.  There's nothing you can do.  Even if I don't take the planet, I can make a pretty credit off of him."  The man pointed at Darius.  He was now a hostage with two men with blaster rifles pressed against his neck. 

"I know all about you Darius.  You have a hefty bounty onw your head from several different groups.  Ever tell your friends about that mishap on a certain backwater planet where you and your father's mercenary group was crushed.  Oh, the number of Imperials you killed that week.  I wouldn't be surprised if you were shot dead by one of your friends right now."

The group was now staring at him.  This wasn't in his bio that was issued to Shazam when he joined.  "Not my fault," said Darius with no emotion. 

"Oh, but how could killing be an accident?" the man continued.

"Shit happens," Darius said with the same emotionless tone.

He sealed his helmet quickly.  "Jen, you hear any of this?"

"No, I'm climbing up a tree to get a good vantage point.  What's this big gas canister in the rifle for anyway?"

"Just get the two guys next to me.  Don't miss."

"Do I ever?" she said in a joking voice.

"Darius, what's he talking about?" questioned Taylsha.  "I thought you were just a mercenary."

"It's all true people," answered Darius.  "This man isn't lying."

Shazam remember back to a comment about Imperial commandos.  "You were a trai--"

Two small burst errupted from the forest canopy.  The two men next to Darius were dead before they could pull their trigger.

He fell to one knee and a missile launched from his wrist, almost making contact with the man on top of the ruins.  Debris began to fall from the sky.

Three more bursts exploded from the canopy and more and more hunters fell.  Not a bolt could be seen and it was impossible to tell where it was coming from.

"Jen, change canisters!" Darius yelled as he rolled away from blaster fire.  He rose up with double DL-44 heavy blaster pistols.  Jack and Alexia were already running to him.  Jacks robotic wrist was blazing as he mowed down enemies. 

Hunters dropped everywhere as Jen unleashed hell from the tree she was in.  There was know way of knowing her position because of the rifle she shot.

Darius launched another rocket, blowing open the stone door.  "Everybody inside!" he demanded as he shot a charging man dead. 

Everyone scrambled to enter the temple.  Darius lit up a flare and cursed.  He threw the flare down the corridor.  They'd forgotten Jen.

Jen dropped from a tree and sprinted toward the entrance.  DJ and Darius burst from the exit, shooting anyone they saw. 

She climbed the stairs and reached the top.  DJ grabbed her arm and pulled her inside.

"UUURRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!" screamed Darius.  He received a bolt in the left shoulder. 

"Get him!" Art yelled as Darius fell.  He grabbed him and pulled him into safety.

"Leave me, they won't take me without a fight!" screamed Darius.  Taylsha ran up and slapped him across the face.

"No one is leaving anyone, now put that thermal detonator away!" she yelled.  Darius was holding a thermal detonator in his right hand.  It was equiped with a deadman switch.  If he dropped it, they were all dead.

Darius' shakey hand deactivated the switch.  He began running down the corridor.

"Where you going!" yelled DJ as he followed.  They rest began to chase Darius down the dark hallways of the temple.

In less than a minute, they were at the center.  There was only one floor and for corridors, all leading to the same vast center room with a strange altar and the biggest jewel they had ever seen.

"At least we'll die rich," DJ said, trying to remain positive.

"It's worthless," Art said.  He slowly walked up to a panel in the side of the altar.  He was in some sort of trance.  Pushing buttons and throwing switches, the jewel began to turn a glowing red.

Darius winced and grumbled as he administered medication, "you ok buddy?"

The jewel suddenly burst vertically, making it's own shaft as it gained altitude.  A loud explosion was heard.

"Let's get out of here," exclaimed Shazam.  He ran toward the light of the door where they came.  Everyone followed, only coming to devastation.

Reptillian creatures exploded out of the forest.  Killing every thing in their path with crude tools and weapons.  Their methods were bloody and gruesome.

"Oh crap," Jen whined.  The reptiles were now climbing toward them. 

"Open fire!" screamed Shazam.  Everyone carrying a weapon dispensed there ammunition and the climbing reptiles.  There were too many.

"It's been nice serving with you guys!" Darius yelled over the blaster fire.  "Good to go out with a bang!"  He drew his hatchet and decapitated a lizard.  He charged and was stopped by a wall of fire.

A Correlian blockade runner came to view.  It's bottom turrets layed havoc on the creatures below.  It landed at the base of the large stairs and Nazgul ran and hopped in the open doors.

"That's everyone, let's get out of here!" shouted Shazam.

"I agree," said Mathis' voice over the intercom.

-----------------------

----------------------
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  387
June 2, 2005 2:12:01 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
DJ climbed into the Runner took off his helmet and was about to sit down when a blaster bolt came into view headed straight to Darius. thinking quickly he grabed his helmet and threw it.

It connected with the Helmet and destoyed It. Everyone was staring in shock, "what did i do something wrong."

Jack was the first one to snap out of it and looked from the helmet to me. " that was awsome DJ how did you know it would hit."

"Well it was aiming for his head so by throwing an object to intercept it would save his life." DJ exclaimed

Darius was at a lost for words, finally getting up and going over to DJ gave him a playfull punch. " thanks DJ"

"No problem Darius cant lose another member can we." DJ said.

Walking up and going over to Jen DJ and sat down beside her. "Jen what i said before in the comm link was all true i meant every word, also i wasn't worried."

Getting up and going to take off the suit leaving Jen in a state of Stupur. 

-----------------------

----------------------
Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

Post Number:  85
June 5, 2005 1:41:24 AM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
(argg..hate typing this on word...!)

Jen's eyes followed the cracks on the floor, her thoughts blasting through her mind. It had happened. She expected it to happen...but this was faster than she planned. She was still the newest member of the Nazgul squadron, as far they knew. Back at Headquarters, newer members might have been added, but she still considered herself the rookie.

She pushed herself up with tired arms and brushed the dried dirt off her emerald suit that clinged to her body. Running her hands through deep red, wind blown hair, she took a deep breath and relaxed her shoulders. "DJ, wait."

At the sound of his name he stuck his head around the corner and smiled at Jen standing in the hallway, as he changed. "Yeah, what is it?" He slid his suit armor off and let the metal slip from his fingers to the floor beside his feet.

She took another deep breath and closed her eyes as she turned towards DJ, following her tired muscles to the doorway and fell back against the cool metal. "DJ, I'm not sure if I'm ready....for another relationship."

""What do you mean....another relationship?"" He threw the rest of the suit to the floor.

""Well, this is why I even joined the Navy."" Jen shuddered, the cold chills running deep up her spine. She hadn't told anyone about this before. ""Back on my home planet, I was to have an arranged marriage. My parents, a retired Colonel from the Imperial army and my mother, both coming from poor families wanted me to have a good, secure life. They thought it was best, but they just saw the outside, his good looks, charm, and soothing voice. He was a monster...so I ran away here. I told my father of his countless beatings and cruel torture and he helped me escape and sent me here. My mother did not believe me. She didn't want to believe...He was such a close family friend..""

DJ pulled Jen close as she broke out into small sobs. ""I am sorry..it just brings back horrible memories."

"Wait, do you want this back?" Pulling away she undid the lotus blossom necklace and held it out to him with a shaking hand.

"No, you go ahead and keep it. Looks good on you anyway."

"Thank you, for understanding."" She wiped away tears, and went back to the group.

Clearing her throat, she made her way to the Squadron Leader and spoke. ""Shazam, we need to leave this area, the storm will be upon us very soon. If we don't leave immediately we will be trapped here till it passes over."

"Alright guys, you heard her. We're clearing out!"" Shazam started towards the cockpit with the others when a small hand grabbed his shoulder.

""Wait a second; I want to speak with you privately." Jen's voice was barely above a wisper as she "glanced around the room, avoiding his eyes, realizing this might be hard subject for him to speak about.

"Sure, Jen, you have my attention." "Shazam put his hands on his hips and grinned.

She placed her hand back on his shoulder, her nervousness dissapearing. ""Are you ok? I mean, after all that's happened?

-----------------------
Jen Knight

As Darkness falls, Night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace...

Vast Empire Navy
FM/PO2 Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Jen Knight (edited June 5, 2005 2:15:12 AM)]
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  85
June 5, 2005 11:15:54 AM    View the profile of Darius 
(continuing where Jen left off)

Shazam looked at her puzzled.  "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Well, that guy talking about Darius," she continued.  "If it's true, what are we gonna do?  I don't know what we would've done without him today."

"Leave that to me."  He turned and entered the cockpit and began talking to Mathis as the door silently slid shut.

She turned and realized something was dragging on her shoulder.  It was the sniper rifle Darius had hidden in the forest.  She still had it slung on her shoulder.  The weapon almost single-handedly saved everybodies lives, even her own.  She had to return it too him, so she did.

Entering the meeting room where the rest of Nazgul were, she found Darius, in the corner, pulling dead skin away from his blaster wound.  She walked up to him, "you gonna be alright?"

He looked up.  There was no expression on his face, not even pain.  "It wouldn't be the first time I've been shot," he said in a toneless voice.  His camo shirt was soaked in blood. 

She pulled the sniper off her shoulder and, with one hand, put it in front of Darius' face.  "You can have it back, I don't need it."

"By all means, keep it."

"This has to be an expensive weapon, I thing you need it more than I do."

"It's useless.  It's only worth something with the canisters."

"What is it?" she questioned.

"It's a Nightstinger sniper rifle.  It's used by Imperial commandos in covert night missions or when in dark places, such as a cave.  The canister is full of a type of gas that makes the blaster bolt invisible.  It's extremely expensive and rarely used.  I stole this one from the weapons warehouse I was at earlier.  The purpose of the gun is useless without the gas.  So you can keep it as a souvenere.  You're a pretty good shot, I might add"

"Ok, I guess," she said.  "Thanks."  She turned around and went to talk with Taylsha and Alexia.

Shazam entered the room, followed by two armed men and walked toward Darius.  He let out a sigh of breath and spoke, "Darius Pursius, you are under arrest by the Imperial Navy in suspect of treason, and other high crimes against the Empire."  He pulled a pair of binders from behind his back.

"Let me finish this first," Darius said.  He put on a bacta patch as the rest of the room went into shock.  Once he was finished, he pulled off the rest of his cloak, revealing weapons of many kinds.

The two men following Shazam raised their blasters, aiming at Darius' heart.  "At ease, soldiers," commanded Shazam.  the slowly lowered their weapons.

"I saw this one coming," replied Darius.  He slowly began to disarm himself.  He rifle slid off his shoulder and made a dull, metalic thud on the deck.  Next, his ammo belt and dual DL-44 slid off his body.  He carefully took off his jacket and placed it on the chair he was sitting in.  Two thermal detonators rolled out, but did not fall off the chair.  He pulled his vibroblade out of his boot and slid his rocket launcher off his wrist.  A hold-out blaster fell out of his sleeve.  He gave a small smile, "almost forgot that one.  Don't worry, half of my weapons were in the jacket."

Shazam spoke, "is that it?"

"I think so," he answered.  Darius held out his wrists.  "Off to the slammer for the second time on this trip.  I think I'm getting use to the food," he joked and lied.

Shazam whispered in his ear, "we'll get you out of this.  I'm just following orders."

"You're a damned good pilot Shazam," replied Darius.

They proceeded out the door, and Darius was escorted to the brig.

DJ and Jen slowly went and gathered Darius' stuff respectively.  The thunder began to grow louder and shock was still heavy in the room.

-----------------------

----------------------
Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

Post Number:  87
June 8, 2005 12:49:59 AM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
Jen reached behind her back and lifted the sniper rifle off her shoulder, setting it gently to the side. "Where should we put all these?"

"I'm not sure. Is there something around that we could put them in?" DJ picked up a few of the guns lying on the floor and slung one over his shoulder.

"I think I know what we can use...." Jen walked over to a small compartment and opened it with a small nudge. "Here we go." She pulled out three, good sized, heavy cloth bags and threw one to DJ. " Put the guns in there."

"How did you know these bags were here?" He slipped Darius's rifle in first.

"After orders from Shazam to land the ship, I had awhile to look around and I happened to look in it right before I left to help you guys." She walked back over next to DJ and opened up Darius's coat and began to empty it, searching through the pockets and sleeves, occasionally finding a hidden pocket filled with ammo. Lightning flashed through the windows, lighting the darkness.

Each time she pulled out something from his jacket, her heart wrenched. He had helped her from the first day she arrived. The Nazgul Squadron had become like a second family to her. He was a good person, no matter what he had done in the past....she hadn't exactly been innocent herself. They had to get him out.

"Well, that's the last of it." DJ struggled to set the three full bags against the wall.

A blast of thunder echoed in the silence.

"We better get leaving or we won't be able to leave until it passes. Com'on, lets go." Jen took DJ's hand and turned for the cockpit.

DJ paused, glancing at Darius's things and whispered, "We'll get you out, I promise you," and followed behind her, his feet barely leaving the metal deck.

Small tear drops streamed down the eyes of the ship as red bolts etched the black sky.

-----------------------
Jen Knight

As Darkness falls, Night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace...

Vast Empire Navy
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  92
June 8, 2005 11:56:58 PM    View the profile of Darius 
The Gozanti cruiser broke through the atmosphere and entered the deep, black space beyond.  Nazgul's vacation had been cut short because of Darius.  His trial was scheduled for the next day aboard the Atrus.  Nobody was in a good mood.  No matter how happy they were trying keep, nothing would break the depressing mood that was left in the cruiser.  They were going to lose a close member a Nazgul.

Darius was standing in the corner, chained to a coolant pipe.  Art walked up to the cockpit.  "Isn't that a little harsh Shazam?" he questioned.  "This isn't exactly the shortest trip in the galaxy you know.  Isn't there anything we could chain him to that would allow him to sit down?"

Shazam replied, "Nothing that he couldn't break.  I'm just trying to follow orders.  There nothing I can really do."

"Ok, I'll...," he was cut off by a clangor alarms in the cockpit.  A Carrack-class cruiser leapt out of hyperspace, cutting off their route.

"What's this all about?" Shazam asked himself.  He pushed a flashing button.

"This is Admiral Nevtia," a dark, evil voice spoke over the intercom.

Darius could be in the cockpit, "OH SHIT!"

"Wrong button," said Shazam.  This wasn't good.

"Relinquish you prisoner," Nevtia continued.  "He is a very dangerous man."

"He's one of us, sir," replied Shazam.

"Another comment like that, and I'll demote you faster than you could name the sun of Coruscant," Nevtia snapped back.

"Yes sir," he said.  "I'll bring the ship to a halt for a boarding party."

"Very good, commander. Nevtia out."

The Carrack cruiser approached and its massive body overtook the Gozanti.  Clicks and whirs were heard as it latched onto the smaller ship and equaled the pressure. 

Within minutes, stormtroopers had enter the ship.  Shazam was massaging his temples when he heard a stun blast.  "Oh, holy hell!" he said as he exited the cockpit.

He entered the lounge to find Darius hanging limp from his pipe, still chained to it.  Two other stormtroopers were holding DJ at gunpoint while the others were threatening the rest of Nazgul with theirs.  "This is a little unnecessary, isn't it?" Shazam exclaimed.

"We have direct order to take the prisoner unconscious," one of them replied.  "Now stand down, or face the consequences."  His blaster was now aiming as Shazam's chest.

"You better hurry and get off my ship!" snarled Shazam.  He was now furious.  This was the first time he had ever lost his composure and shown it.

"Yes, sir," replied the stormtrooper.  They quickly let Darius down, with no respect at all.  When the chains came off, they let him drop to the floor with a thud.  Then they drug the limp body into the Carrack cruiser.

In the corner, Jen began to sob and Taylsha went to comfort her.  Alexia was sitting next to Jack, looking stunned.  "I didn't even really know the man, and I already want him to come back."

"Let's get out of here," Shazam said, and went back to the cockpit.

The Carrack cruiser quickly left the Gozanti burst into hyperspace.  The smaller cruiser followed, going to the same destination.

The trial was held in the mess hall.  With this arrangement, more people could watch the trial.  A senator was even flown in from Coruscant, to be a judge.  He sat on a tall podium, with Nevtia to his right and Japheth to his left.  They began at 1300 hours. 

The gavel rang in the room.  "Silence, silence," said the judge.  "The trial has come into session."  The room was filled with an erie silence.  The rest of Nazgul squadron was sitting in the front row.  Darius was brought down the middle of the crowd, accompanied by two guards.  His uniform was neatly pressed, his hair was combed, and face cleanly shaven.  He was stopped in front of the podium, to stand.

The judge began, "Darius Handel Pursius, you have been brought here in front of your peers, to face the charges brought to you by Admiral Nevtia, and the Galactic Empire.  To make this trial quick, I will ask you now.  Do you plead guilty, or non-guilty."

"Non-guilty of course," Darius replied.  "How am I to remember these charges after a mind wipe.  Admiral Nevtia, could you enlighten upon the jury how this is possible."  He turned to find that there was no jury.  "Hey, where's my jury?"

The judge answered, "you have made far too many friends, and far too many enemies to have a fare jury.  And, because this is a military related trial, we cannot appoint civilian jury members."

"Oh," Darius continued.  "Well, since this is no longer a fare trial, and none of you, except maybe Japheth, will believe me."  He pointed at the three sitting at the podium.  "I have no other choice but to plead guilty."

"And why is that, Mr. Pursius?" questioned Nevtia.

"Because," he paused to raise the tension in the room.  "You're a rat-nosed, nerf herding, pompous jackass, asshole, who could realize that when you kept me alive, you made the biggest mistake of your life!"

The room erupted in mix hysteria.  Some were clapping, others were laughing, some were even cheering.  The gavel's clangor silenced the room quickly.

"Darius Pursius," said the judge.  "You are found guilty.  I appoint you a life sentence, in the spice mines of Kessel, where for the rest of you life, you will be a slave."  He gave a wave with his hand and the guards began to haul him away.

He stopped to confront Nazgul probably for his last time.  "It's been nice serving with you.  You guys were my family, even though I never showed it.  Maybe if I would have hired a lawyer, I would've had a better chance, eh?"  He cracked one last smile, and before anyone could reply, he continued walking, leaving everyone and everything he loved behind.  He drug his feet for the first time in his life.

-----------------------

----------------------
[This message has been edited by Darius (edited June 9, 2005 12:06:14 AM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Expert

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1599
June 9, 2005 7:11:29 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack went running after Darius. He couldn't afford to lose a close friend. "We'll get you out of there some way or another, Dar. Don't worry, we won't give up," Jack whispered so the guards couldn't hear.

"Thanks, Jack. Good luck, and may the Force be with you," Darius replied, trying to give a salute but was unable to.

"May the Force be with you as well, my friend," Jack replied, returning the salute he never gave. "It won't be long until we see you again, Dar."

"I hope you're right, Jack," Darius said as he left the room. Jack turned around and walked back to his squadronmates, plus Taylsha and Alexia.

"What are we going to do, Jack?" DJ asked.

"We're getting him out one way or the other, of course," Jack replied.

"Are you nuts, Jack?" Shazam asked. "There's no way that we can break Darius out of prison on Kessel, none the less. He's in the spice mines down there!"

"And they are heavily guarded," Art said.

"It'd be practically impossible to free him from those heavily guarded mines," Alexia said.

"Unless..." Jack began as an idea popped into his mind.

"Unless what?" Jen asked. "What can we do to break into the mines, get rid of the guards, free Dar, and get out of there with our lives?"

"Unless we can get some inside help," Jack concluded.

-----------------------

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > PB & J: Summer Solstice  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:55:40 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 183  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >