Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1506
Total Posts:  4197
  RE: PB & J: Summer Solstice
May 11, 2005 6:13:31 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam awoke in a slow and forceful way.  He was sleeping for the most part of the day, coming to just after the sun passed over head and began its late afternoon descent.  If there was one thing he hated, it was having to wake up late.  More than anything else really, cause he really, really liked to get the most out of his day.  This wasn't one of those days.

Shazam sat up from his bed after some, "Come on now, you can do it..." The words seemed to come up from the pit of his of his restless soul, reguardless of how tired it was there was no stopping its urgency to get up. 

And so the pilot was up, and watching holo tv after he made himself a quick easy-oven dinner from the fridge he had made sure the staff put in.  Also, he made sure that there was a fine view of the planet surrounding area from his balcony, cause he also liked a good view.  But who doesn't?

The Nazgul squadron commander finished his pallatable meal and moved to his window so he could see into the distance.  Unfortunetly, there wasn't any immediate acrage where he could just go out and do some good old fashion camping.  In fact, all he could see outside his window, besides the deep forest in the far horizon, was a bustling tourist town with various attractions that repeated over and over again in monthly cycles, not to mention a few spires and cool looking buildings. 

Shazam decided to investigate his earlier findings and take a day off from vacation.  That thought struck him as ironic; he was putting a white long sleeved shirt underneath his black academy t-shirt he'd revieved after basic training.  He wore the same pants as the night before...

Instead of taking a shower, the pilot removed a his hands from his pockets after looking into the mirror, which was attached to the bathroom door, and put them through his hair several times.  It was still soft, but pretty messy.  So it would do...

Shazam exited the dimly lit hotel and its many entrances to find himself the nearest cafe.  Whenever you wanted information that wouldn't cost you anything...  Go to a public cafe where locals could be found.  They always had the richest and most pertinent info.

Ah yes, the Java Place, he thought.  Sounds about right... 

Shazam entered through the double transluscent doors at the front with glass blocks lining the sides, not bad for a public cafe...  Upon entering, Shazam made his way to the longest line in the busy late afternoon parlor.  Why people came for Java in the afternoon, Shazam wasn't quite sure, but then again, maybe everyone had a long night.

It just so happened, the longest line he could find was full of young women with all kinds of different looks, most of them trying to appear exotic with their many extravigant purses and skirts or hair styles.  So maybe Shazam could get his information with a little something extra...  Eh...  Maybe not.

"Howdy," Shazam said as he leaned up against a line-bar a yound lady with dark hair, eyes and olive skin glanced to her hind side to see who arrived.  She nodded said in return-

"Hello, I am Exira." Shazam curtseyed...  Exira laughed.  Good.

"Hey, I was wondering, and I swear I won't sneak past you in the line here or anything," she giggled again and he smiled to re-inforce it," if you could tell me about this place."  A few of the other ladies had taken notice as the long slowly moved to the front.

"Yes, I suppose I could..." She pulled her purse a little closer to her breast and cleared her throat.  An arm went out to guesture to her surroundings...  "As you can see, the area you stand in now is mostly a tourist area and has many attractions."

"Good, but I was wondering if you could tell me something about the place it self...  Any rebellious people out there, threats that might have been kind of ignored...?"  Shazam pretended to throw them out of the hat and she caught them with a pretty smile.

"Actually..." she glanced kind of sideways, but then allowed herself to speak on.  She had a mind as well as personality.  His type of woman.  "Well, theres two groups of people lately.  You have your tourist and those who serve the tourist.  Then..." cleared her throat again...  "You have your angry settlers who were kicked out when they're little enterprise failed and have been trying to get in on the awesome attention we've been getting." 

"Angry settlers?" he asked for more.

"These guys who came here who, at the time, were really advanced and thouht they were going to make a fortune off the plants in the jungle about twenty miles out..."  Ahead of her there was a slight gap, so Shazam nodded curtley with his eyes pointing to the back of a women over dressed in fine skins.  Exira back peddaled.  "Well, they went a little native after some new people came down to try and make some money from a 'far away' place.  Now we've got these people in little fiefdoms outside the city walls, attempting to make a come back.  They also broke off from eachother after some blood fueds occured."

Shazam was really surprised at how much she knew; he'd come looking for a male informant.  "Thank you very much, you've been extremely helpful..." Shazam said, holding out his hand to which he felt a good shake from the one opposite himself.  "How'd you like to go out somewhere tonight..." He wasn't in any place where he'd here about a failed attempt so he went for it.

She didn't say anything but gave the 'yes' nod.  The nod was popular...  And she was very nice...

(Keep it up guys...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  367
May 11, 2005 11:46:06 PM    View the profile of Darius 
(A few hours after the fight)

Chief Antyan opened Darius' room door with the master key card he acquired at the desk.  He was followed by to men with their weapons trained on Darius' seemingly sleeping body.  His body remained in the same, freaky position the other's had discovered to be odd.

"A little much, don't you think?" Darius answered.  The morning sun was trying to break his window blinds.

"Stand up with your hands in the air, scum," Antyan replied.

"Ok, what the hell is go--"

"Shut up, I'll do the talking!"  Darius complied, and rose, his hands clearly above his head.  He was greeted by two stun blast from the accompanying officers.

(later at the police headquarter's interogation room)

Darius, DJ, RM, and LJ sat in a dark, damp room.  One ceiling light hung, revealing only a fraction of the room.  They all wore stun cuffs.  The interogators had successfully broken another of Darius' ribs.

"I don't know about any of your damned locals or their rebelious fronts."  Darius caughed up blood as Antyon laid into in some more.  Being the protective man he was, BM, LJ, and DJ were so far, untouched.  Darius had offered himself to save their necks.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, who sent you?" Antyon probed even more.

"If you ask me one more time, you'll regret it," Darius viciously growled.  Once again, coughing from his now three broken ribs.

"You are not in the position to make threats, sir."  Antyon reached for a remote on the grey, lifeless table.  He pushed the button, high amounts of voltage coursed through Darius' body from the stun cuffs.  He spasmed and the knocking the chair he was tied to over.  Antyon's finger lifted and Darius coughed uncontrollably.  There were now four ribs broken.

A slender, attractive woman walked in from the door.  Light spilled into the rest of the room only to reveal duracrete everything. 

Antyon's faced turned from sadistic to completely baffled and apologetic.  "Sirs, I must instantly apologize.  I didn't know."

What Antyon held in his hand, was the profiles of his victims.  Two of them read Imperial pilots, the other two read citizens not native to the planet.

Darius only grew angrier.  He made a glance at DJ.  A face of shame and guilt was upon his face.  He was blaming himself for everything.  Darius was going to talk, but could only cough up more blood.

Two officers entered the room.  They started releasing RM and LJ as medical personnel walked into the room to attend to Darius' broken ribs.  They took off his binders and set him upright from his position on the floor.  Next, they prodded at what they thought was the injured ribs.  One unfortunate doctor found them and received a right hook in the jaw.

"I got it you filthy bastards," grumbled Darius.  Two of them were dislocated from the fight with RM.  He popped them back place as if it wasn't the first time.  He winced in pain and coughed intensely.  The other two were clearly broken from Antyon's handy work.

"Sir," one of the doctors said, "if you don't let us help you, you may puncture a lung."

"Don't be idiots and poke me then," Darius snarled back.  His anger only grew more.  The doctors approached cautiously this time.  They were now scared.

Darius caught a glance of DJ as he stopped at the door.  "I'll wait for you in the lobby," he said and walked out.

Antyon approached him, "if there's anything I can do for you sir, to make your stay more pleasurable, please tell me."

Darius winced as the doctors cautiously set his ribs, gave him a shot for pain, and rapped his chest in bacta saturated gause.  He questioned Antyon's gracious gesture, "anything?"

"Why most certainly sir," he replied.  His actions showing more than his words as he became curious.

"Thank you," Darius said in a sadistic tone.  His palm flew out almost faster than the eye could see.  Antyon's nose almost shattered and blood poured out of his nostrils.  He bent down, trying to slow the blood.  Darius' foot came level to his forehead and gently came into contact.  With a half-effort push, he launched Antyon over the table.

He remained sprawled on the floor as the medical team helped yet a third victim.  "Consider it repaid," Darius exclaimed as he walked out of the room.

(in the lobbly of the headquarters)

Darius approached the DJ and his family.  He was now wearing a medical robe because, when they detained him, he was just in his boxers.

RM stared at him, pondering what had just happened.  His massive hand reached out to take Darius'.  "No hard feelings, eh?"

Darius took it with gratitude but did not smile, "no hard feelings."

LJ spoke to Darius for the first time, "you realize, when we were in your room, it was only meant as a joke."

"Hopefully, you learned that I don't take jokes lightly," Darius answered.  "DJ explained everything after the police had left earlier."  He looked at RM, "I'm sorry about the nose man, I hope it heals alright."

RM laughed with a deep, humorous voice, "I'm sorry for pulling the knife on you.  That's a mistake I won't make again."

Darius broke out a smile, "let me buy you guys a drink, I'll explain why I don't take jokes lightly."

The four walked out of the lobby and into the busy morning streets.

-----------------------
Feed a womp rat a food ration, he'll want an energy stim. Give him an energy stim, and he'll rip your throat out.

----------------------
FM/CRW Darius Pursius/Nazgul 3-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  454
Total Posts:  1963
May 12, 2005 3:19:47 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden woke up, and showered.  He hadn't really done much with the squadron in the past few hours, and had been idol inside of his room, doing nothing at all.

After sitting in his chair for a few more hours, Jaden stood up and walked over to his supplies.  He decided he would venture into the jungles of Varonat and have some quality time with himself, exploring.

Jaden slapped on his armored vest, and a pair of camoflauged pants, letting his muscles bulge out of the vest as he had not shirt on under it.  A smile came across his face as he loaded up his sawed-off shotgun and put it in the compartment on his back.  He wrapped the gun holsters around his waste and place his pistols in the holsters.  After quickly attaching a few grenades to the outside of his vest, Jaden packed rations upon rations in his backpack, along with blaster packs, and a large assortment of other weapons he thought that he would need for the trip, and started towards the door, before realizing he had to grab some cigars.

After grabbing the cigars, Jaden walked out of his room, locking it on the way out, and down the corridor towards the ice machine.  It was a very hot day outside, and he would need to keep cool.  He slipped a few pieces of ice in his mouth as he walked towards the elevator area.

After exiting the hotel Jaden walked to the vehicle rental area and looked for something suitable to take with him on the exploration.  He found a nice swoop bike, and rented it out for a few hundred credits.

The large man who had rented it to him smelled gross, and had hair hanging off all parts of his body.  It was disgusting.
Jaden thought some things to himself, but reminded himself not to say anything outloud and get in trouble on the vacation.

Jaden started up the swoop bike, and headed out for the forest area.  Once he entered the dense forest, it was hard to maneuver around the trees that were so closely grown together.  A few animals could be heard making their calls from the treetops, and every once and a while, Jaden would see something sprint off in the distant bushes of the planet.

After zooming around for a while, Jaden had actually created a map of the part of the forest that he had explored, and sent it over to Shazam.  A few minutes later Shazam came back wondering what Jaden was doing.

"Hey Jaden, thats quite a map.  Is it of the forest area or somkething?" asked Shazam.

"Yea," said Jaden, "I have taken my time today to go exploring for a bit"

"Oh, well, you should have asked me to come along with you, we could have had some fun together," said Shazam.

"I just feel like having some alone time," said Jaden.

"Alright, see you back around the resort sometime, call me if you need anything," said Shazam.

"Don't worry, you'll hear from me.  I'll send you pictures of some of the things I find, and upload you the map of the area if you and some of the others want to come out here," said Jaden.

"Peace out," said Jaden

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Murphy

FL/SCRW Jaden/Nazgul 9/Phoenix Wing/mSSD AtrusVEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B]
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  955
Total Posts:  2143
May 12, 2005 9:39:15 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
After breakfast, Art and Taylsha made their way down to the pool to relax and enjoy the warm morning.  A couple hours later, they had showered and were browsing the shops in a need by tourist stand.  Art had replenished his funds from a near-by bank, he didn't like to pay electronically if he didn't have to.  If at all possible, he tried to conceal his movements and habits.  It seemed instinctive to him even though he couldn't think of any real need to do so.

The tourist area was crammed full of bustling tourists and street vendors trying to sell everything from quaint trinckets to custom made jewellery and literally everything in between.  Eventually, they managed to work their way through to the food vendors who sold a variety of local cuisine.  After buying little bits from several vendors, both came to the conclusion that the food on the planet was quite good.  After finishing their meal and after Taylsha had settled on a couple more items, they two made their way back to the resort as the sun began its mid-afternoon descent.  An evening under the stars at the beach might be in order.  Art thought to himself on the walk back.

(OOC: Sorry it is short, ran out of ideas at the moment)

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1512
May 12, 2005 10:04:11 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
"Where'd you say you were goin," Jen wondered, she had been walking with Shazam since they met at the entrance to the resort; she'd gone tanning while Shazam scrounging... 

"Uh, I don't actually know, I think we're ganna grab some dinner and just...  Well I jus dunno at the moment, but I assume we'll figure it all out."  The pilot dismissed the idea of 'planning' with a wave of his hand and continued to walk to the lift.

"Yea, but a lady likes to have a romantic candle light dinner...  You need a plan..."  Shazam froze in the elevator as the doors closed.  She's right, he thought suddenly, especially around here.  This wasn't the Naval HQ Mess Hall...  Crap... 

"That's true..." He was now openly acknoledging it. 

"Don't worry though, just take her some where pleasent and find out what she likes.  Then your in business..."  Jen stepped out of the lift and Shazam collapsed against the back wall and slid to the ground. 

"Very good..."  He slapped himself on the forehead and fell on his side.

*Later...  Much*

"I've never done that on the first date..." Exira said as she put her blous back on.

"That's what they all say," Shazam coughed and buckled his pants.  Who knew she liked musicians?  Jen was right, find out what the girl likes, and feed it to her by the bucket...  Sure, she probably hadn't seen her advice used in this particular way, but it made all the sense in the world for the moment...

"What?" she said, curious as to the slightlest word her new 'lover' had to say.  She found him fascinating.

"Oh, just saying we should probably get something to eat...  Because its six in the morning?  What?  Well holy crap...  I suppose we did sleep a little..."

"Btw, you like to roll around in your sleep..." the woman said as she put her earings back on, then took a seat next to Shazam as he sunk backwards into the bed yet again.  HE wasn't done...

*8:00*

"Right then, how about that breakfast..."  Shazam was good to go and attached a single pistol of his duel weapons to his hip, hidden by a light jacket he was beginning to grow attached to.  The suvenier equipment wasn't cheap, but it wasn't crap either. 

"I need you to play me that song you were saranading with at the restaurant last night," she said and wrapped her arm around his own.  Yea, Shazam was what you would call a competitive instrumentalist.  Got jealous when he saw someone else playing his own instrument, or any instrument really...  As long as you could show every-one person in the crowd that you could take out the person they'd originally come to see, the job was done.  A bit sadistic and seemingly obsessive or maybe even arogant towards the feelings of others, but oh well.  He couldn't fight the temptation. 

"So you say there's some imperial outpost in the jungle," Shazam made small talk, pulling something out of what he remembered from the evening before. 

"Oh, yea," she said as she tossed her hair backwards and the door to the room flew to the side.  "Somewhere anyways, watching from the shadows and keeping a good nose just incase something very good smelling wafts itself into their domain.  Some people are saying they're not even imperials anymore though, its not like you see the slightest decour of thier kind around here...  Its very homish though..."  They strode pleasently to the 'Gateway' bar that was currently serving breakfast. 

"A glass of...  Well, what that guys having," the pilot guestured towards the rough looking fellow to his left, catching the attention of the bartender upon entering.  He was looking at them all the way in and hadn't actually taken his eyes off yet.  The look was familier and Shazam couldn't put his finger on it at first.

"I'll have the same," Exira said half-heartedly.  Shazam was observing the ragid and sullen man who seemed quite comfortable being noticed as he stalked them with his eyes. 

"Sir, you ever been in the army?"  Shazam suddenly burst out, the light bulb flickering to life.  They (his eyes) didn't grow into any dramatic size and his nostrils didn't flair, but instead he made a dignified snort as if there was some kind of joke.  "Care to elaborate, I don't get grunts..." Shazam questioned further with a provocative eyebrow action that was goofy enough the man couldn't become angry.

"Yea, I suppose." He was extremely burly with scraggly hair that fell around the long, lean collar of his tempered leather coat.  He was indeed an army man.  "Served for twenty-four years...  Your talking to Captain Mathis, that's commander of the free squadrons in the east jungle here on Varonat.  Man I hate this place..." He chuckled in a a very non-sardonic way, in fact, dead serious and unpleastly truthful would have been most acurate in this respect.

"Cheif Warrant Officer Shazam, that's commander of Nazgul Squadron," he shook the grubby hand with a meaningful and friendly smile.  Yes, despite the whole division conversation difusing mechanism built into most military men, a dialogue could in fact occur. 

"Ah, a navy man...  Well maybe you know a  Mr. Mac...  We called him..."  Shazam interupted with an even more genuine smile-

"JMAC!!  Hell yea, he's the man..." Shazam annouced. 

"Huh...  He must have moved up like he said he would...  Good man that one."  The talk was too un-real for Shazam still.

"Uh...  Apparently you know some of the good people of the empire, so why do you hate this place?  It seems pretty nice in this part..."  Shazam was actually listening intently while Exira watched in awe, never seeing two men know eachother so well in only a few moments.

"Small universe," she'd said directly afterwords to which Mathis retorted-

"You have no idea," then decided it best to explain his hatred for his surroundings.  Something bothered Shazam about this place, but again, he couldn't quite get his finger on it. 

"I don't like this place because its not what they advertise.  That's about all I can really tell you, cause the rest is quite confidential, but let me tell you..."  The lights in the bar seemed to dim just for him as he crouched forward, a secret was about to be released into the open.

"When your sitting up against the sentry post to misery, and the dark begins to surround you, remember that you never really trusted anybody, because thinking you did would be proposterous..."  The man in the beat clothing and un-warranting look had him beleiving instantly.  His words were taken for full credit and placed somewhere in the backdrop of his mind. 

"Hey, I actually kind of want to eat in the room," his female companion crooned to him, an almost begging look appeared on her face. 

"Well, if I must..."

(Couldn't help myself...  Just gotta set something up...) 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:B]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  464
May 13, 2005 11:52:10 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden hopped of his Swoop bike, and parked it close to a tree in the area, locking it up carefully so that it wouldn't be stolen by someone.  Just as he was getting further into the forest, his com rumbled in his pocket.

"Yes," Jaden said, greeting the person on the other end

"Jade, I just met up with someone on the island who has some information for us.  Aparently, there is a small Imperial outpost here on Varonat in the eastern part of the jungle," said Shazam.

"Well, I was wondering about that, because I have seen speeder bikes scouting the area all day, and I hoped that they were imps, or else I wouldn't be talking to you right now," said Jaden.

"Well, get your happy ass back here to the resort.  We are going to group up and have a meeting, something very important could be happening," said Shazam.

"Alright," said Jaden, going on a quick trot back to his swoop bike and hopping on.

Within another hour he had arrived back at the resort area, and parked the swood bike in the hanger area of the resort.  He had rented the swoop bike until he left, so he could keep it in the personal quarters hanger.

Sweat ran down Jaden's body as he made his way to the floor where his room was, and the rest of the Nazguls rooms were.  Jen stepped out of her room to see Jaden's dirt filled body walking down the hall.

"What happened to ya Jaden," asked Jen

"I was out in the forest exploring, and Shazam called me back here for some reason," said Jaden.

"Oh, I heard about that too.  He said that he had some very important information for you, and I guess just for you," said Jen

"Oh, something he needs only me for, what could his be?" said Jaden, resting his hand on his chin with a grin across his face.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1516
May 13, 2005 6:20:46 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Ah crap...  Wish you wouldn't have said that...  Oh well...)

"Right, I would have invited everyone else, but once you told me about the speed bikes I decided to question you one on one..." Shazam annouced as Jaden walked into the room.

"Alright, what's up man?" Jaden replied after taking a seat in the chair.

"Right, did you say they were scouting?" The nazgul squadron commander was looking for something very specific.

"Uh... Yea, but they were all kind of going the same direction, I just assumed they were scouting.  Why?" answered Jaden; he was steadilly reclining back in his seat, trying to get relaxed in Shazam's little home made office. 

"I think something's up...  Met a guy in the lounge downstairs that knew JMac, says theres something going on and we should watch ourselves."  Oh, Shazam was quite riled up.

"Dude, if you beleive half the cooks around here, you might as well be one..." he said.  Shazam had begun pacing and said-

"Yea but this guy isn't lying, man...  Just let me know if you see anything again, especially out in the forest..."  And Shazam was satisfied...

(Alright, just see things now...  Good deal...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  471
May 13, 2005 8:02:30 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
"Well, I want you to go back out in the forest and search around some more.  Because I got a bad felling about this, we are going to get everything packed up, and get armed and ready for anything.  If anyone weird comes into the town area, we'll call you and let you know," said Shazam

"I'm on my way right now," said Jaden, lighting up one of his cigars, and reloading a new blaster pack into his E-11 blaster rifle, and making sure his pistols were working correctly.

The sun gleamed down on the crome bike as Jaden hopen on and started the repulsor lifts and the engine.  After getting everything running on the swoop, Jaden took another puff of his cigar, and shot straight forward, heading for the forest that he had been searching in not too many hours before.

The plants and trees were swinging around as sunshine pierced through the canopy at the top of the forest.  Animals were calling to eachother all around the forest.  It was the mating season on Varonat.  Varonat was largely known for its beautiful scenery, and its elegant creatures.  Some of the tourists that came to the planet were people studying the thousands of species of wildlife on the planet.  There were so many creatures on the planet that scientists didn't even know about, and would probably never discover all of them.

Jaden kept the swoop bike at a steady pace as he crused through the forest, looking for anything out of the ordinary.  The leaves of the trees brushed across his face and arms as he easily manuevered around the area.  Just as he came to a large fork in the road, he saw a large stone encampment not too far off in the distance.

After surveying the area a little more, Jaden made his way to the large temple.  Creatures scattered out of the area, giving out cries of excitement and scurry back to their homes.  The sky turned to a dark orange very quickly as the sun set in.  It was a beautiful site as the sun shone onto the stone temple.

Jaden parked his bike once again after entering all of the map he had discovered so far.  To his estimates, he was pretty deep into the jungle, almost in the heart of the area, about 8 klicks in.

"Hey Shazam, I have come upon some sort of encampment out here," said Jaden

"Well, be cautious about what you, just explore the area some more and see what you can find," said Shazam

"Alrighty, here comes the data of the map I have been creating, just so you know where I am," said Jaden, pushing a few buttons on his datapad, transfering the information over to Shazam.

The entrance to the stone structure wasn't fortified in any shape or form.  Jaden walked up the stairs, and looked into the structure.  It was very dark, so he turned the flashlight on his rifle on, and started his way into the temple.

There was an area to the right, and the same to the left.  But to the front was a much larger door, with some sort of cuniform.  Jaden couldn't make it out; it was in some sort of tribal writings.  There was no where to go except to the areas to the left and right.

Jaden backtracked and came into one of the large areas to the left.  A few mesh baskets were spralled around the area, and rations were scattered around.  It looked as if someone,  or something had been living in the area.

There was an ancient panel not to far into the area, and it looked as if it was still active.  Jaden walked up to the panel, and looked at the wide array of buttons.  The same cuniform was spralled across the area around the panel.  Jaden was dumbfounded as he pressed a few buttons.  The panel let out a soft whirr, as if it was trying to compute something, and then started talking in a low voice; a language that Jaden couldn't figure out.  It wasn't Twi-lek basic, or anything else he knew of.  Jaden left the panel alone, hoping that he didn't screw something up.

After checking out the other area, he found the same things, and another panel.  They were nothing that he knew of, and nothing of interest.  He decided that he would leave and make his way back to the resort, it was getting very dark outside.

After exiting the temple, Jaden made his way back to the swoop bike.  A few minutes later, he came upon disaster; the swoop bike had been totalled.  It was still smoking, and the engine was fried.  Jaden ran his hands through his hair in disappointment.  There was no way he could make it back to the resort by the end of the night.  He would have to make camp for himself.

"Shazam," Jaden said with a sigh, "Someone beat the shit out of my swoop bike"

"Huh?" Shazam said, confused

"Yea, someone totalled it, literally," said Jaden.  "I'm going to have to make camp out here, and start back in the morning"

"Well, keep on lookout, and get yourself in some shelter.  Someone could be out there, but I don't know who," said Shazam

"Tell everyone I'm alright.  We don't want anyone panicing about something like this, and make sure that no one but US knows about it," said Jaden.

"Alright, take care," said Shazam

"I'll try," said Jaden

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  956
May 13, 2005 9:04:53 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
As they made their way through the stalls and back towards the resort, Art suddenly pulled his arm tighter around Taylsha and quietly asked her to put her head on his shoulder.

"What is it?"  She asked as they slowly work their way through the people.

"Stop at the next stall to the right, look at the goods and take a glance behind us.  Tell me if you recognize anyone behind us."  Art instructed.  They made their way over to the stall and Taylsha began to examine some local jewelery.  One piece she held up in the late afternoon light, apparently to examine the gem.  As she did, she took a glance in the direction they had just come from.

"I've seen those two men before." She commented as she put the jewelery down.  Art took her arm again and they continued on their way.

"We are being followed."  He remarked.  "I don't like this."  He continued, beginning to look around subtlely for a place to lose them.

"What do you have in mind Corran?"  Taylsha asked, taking her head off his shoulders as he began to pick up his pace a little bit.

"We'll lose them in those buildings on the left."  He remarked.  They made their way, still at a casual pace to the left, stopping at a couple more stands on the way.  Whenever he could, Art managed to get a look behind them to see that the men were still following them.

Five minutes later, they entered the shopping district Art had mentionned.  They began to move in and out of the shops that were connected together from the inside.  Ten minutes of wandering through the store however failed to shake the two men.  They know what to look for.  Art thought to himself.

"If we can't shake them may as well find out who they are."  Art whispered to Taylsha as they made their way outside and backtracked to another store.  "Browse around, when the shopkeeper has his back turned to the rear door we'll make our way into the back and exit through the loading bay.  Have your blaster ready."  Art instructed.  The two slowly made their way to the back, looking through various tourist trinkets on their way.  When the shopkeeper's back was turn to the rear door, the two quickly made their way to the back and left through the loading zone.  Art and Taylsha drew their blasters and each took one side of the door, pressing their backs to the wall to prevent being seen until the last second.

A second later the two men race throughed the door to pursue them only to each be struck on the back of the head from the butt of Art's and Taylsha's guns.  The two men stumpled to the ground.  Art put his foot on the back of one of the men.

"Either of you move and you're dead."  He growled.  "Now shut up and stay down, keep quiet and no sudden moves."  He instructed.  When the man stopped squirming, Art took his foot off and stepped back two paces.  Taylsha did the same.  "Now get up, slowly."  He instructed.  The two men remained still.  Taylsha kicked one in the side but he didn't move, there wasn't even any sound of a grunt or moan.

"What the hell?"  She asked, kicking the man again. 

"Cover me."  Art instructured.  He crouched down beside the man in front of him and rolled him over.  The man's face was becoming pale.  Art felt the man's pulse and found none.  "He's dead."  Art commented with surprise.  A second later he caught a slight scent of almonds.

"This one is dead two."  Taylsha commented.

"Sithspit, they had suicide capsules."  Art said.  He stood up and pondered for a second.  "These guys were professionals.  Whoever they were working for, their boss certainly didn't want anything to come about him or his plans."  Art observed.

"What should we do with the bodies?"  Taylsha asked, looking around the alley.  Noticing several dumpsters a little way down the alley.  "Over there."  She pointed.

"Good idea."  Art said.  They picked up the bodies of the two men, and slinging them over their shoulders, brought them over to the dumpster.  They dropped both men in and covered them with some of the trash inside.  "Let's get out of here, I need to report this to Shazam."  Art said.

Fifteen minutes later, they were back at the resort.  Art knocked on Shazam's door but received no answer.  He took out his comm and dialed Shazam's commlink.

"Hello?"  Shazam answered a second later.

"Put on your robe, have your lady friend pull up the sheets and let us in."  Art ordered.  Shazam paused for a second and Art could here the sound of sheets moving.  A second later and Shazam opened the door.  "We have to talk now."  Art said as he and Taylsha entered.  Art quickly filled Shazam in on what happened.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  48
May 13, 2005 10:15:45 PM    View the profile of Darius 
(Earlier, before Jaden's exploration)

The four men walked out the door.  The stench of alcohol was present on their breath.  DJ bid farewell to his brothers, making sure they didn't have a vehical to drive themselves.  DJ and Darius had learned a lot about each others histories.  Although, Darius had left one important, life changing experience out, and DJ found it.

"So what ever happened to your father and Jex?" he probed.  Darius, wearing his white doctors robe, turned almost as white.  Absolutely no expression on his face.  The one glass of Corellian ale that he slowly digested was not bothering his perception at all.

"Dude, come on, I wanna know," DJ continued to ask.  "If we're gonna be real good buds, you're gonna have to tell me."

Darius held his silence.  He obviously wasn't going to take that as a good excuse to break this barrier he shared with absolutely no one.

"Ok, did he beat you after your Imperial encounter, disown for being an Imperial."

"This is something not even the Imperials could torture out of me," Darius finally replied.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the dewbacks here, you, were tortured by the Imperials?  Why are you here?"

"Nothing that you'd understand.  I'll see you at the hotel."  Darius began to jog.  They were only about a kilometer from the resort.  DJ didn't bother to follow.  He decided that it was like talking to a duracrete when it came to the talking of the present conditions of his father.  He even questioned if Darius had a mother.

(back at the resort)

Darius stepped out of the refresher.  He was glad to be back in the silence and solitude of his room. 

He quickly dressed and put his old combat pants on and with a loose shirt and a vest.  Arming himself with the usual, he put on his cloak.  It was hot out, but it still concealed weapons.

Pacing over to his window, he looked out and saw the crowded beach.  Children splashed each other.  Young lovers frolicked in the sand.  Older couples lay next to each other, holding hands as their children played.  He became amused to see teenagers struggle to fight Varonat's high tide waves on their hydroboards.

Darius decided to check out an arms customer warehouse he had come across in advertisements.  He thought it was kinda peculiar to be selling weapons on a vacation planet, but what the hell, it was gonna entertain him.

He was going to ask Jaden if he wanted to join him, but clerk at the desk had told him that Jaden had taken a rented swoop exploring.

It was noon now.  The sun was high and the streets were busy.  Darius decided to rent a swoop himself.  It had been a while since he had felt the wind push against his face and his cape flap behind him in the wind.  Plus, it would make his journey to the warehouse much faster. 

Upon arrival of the warehouse, he was right about the tourist attraction: none.  He casually walked through the automatic door.  Automated turrets trained on him.  Not a flinch from Darius.  He recognized that they were programed to detect foreign weapons.  A old, hunched over Tin Tin Dwarf approached him.  He spoke excellent basic.  "Glad to see a well armed man roaming these streets," he croaked.  "What can I do for you."

"Just looking, thank you," Darius replied.  The turrets deactivated, recognizing him as a customer.

"Well, when you find something you like, let me know, will ya?" the short creature croaked.

"Sure."  He browsed the walls.  He noticed that what he saw now, was multiplied by the hundreds in the back room.  This was just the showcase.  He grabbed an item scanner and began scanning.  Nothing in the guns department, just some military grade survival gear he needed and a few raw explosives.  He now had an activity for the night.

The dwarf approached one of him, "you should of said something, you get a discount from the local governments office."

"What?  What are you talking about?" questioned Darius.  A puzzled look on his face.

"You're here about the problem, right?"  He looked around, making sure there was no one around to hear their conversation.

"Look, I don't know what your talking about old fellow."  Darius snapped back at the little creature.

Finishing up the list with some remotes and an assortment of missiles for his wrist launcher, he went to the counter and the little creature went in the back of the store to retrieve his items.

He came back with a droid.  Being as small as he was, he couldn't carry any of the equipment.  He rang up the bill and handed it to Darius.  The discount was there.  He was practically stealing the stuff.  He didn't complain though and paid the bill.  The droid gently place the explosives on the counter and place everything else next to it.  This had been too easy and too weird.  Nobody should be able to buy this kind of equipment and not even get ID'd.  In fact, nobody should be able to buy this equipment.  Darius just walked out of the store, carrying his explosives and equipment.  The ride back was going to be greatly slower.

As Darius took off, the dwarf made a remark to himself, "he'll do fine."

(back at the resort, after Art and Taylsha's discovery)

Darius place his explosive in the private safe the room provided.  Right now, he needed to find somebody to talk to.  He was going to the pool, but caught Shazam instead. 

"Hey, where is everybody?" questioned Darius.

"Oh, they're here and there, sight seeing, shopping, exploring."  Shazam replied.

"Where's Jaden?  I thought we'd talk about CorSec over a game of sabacc or somthing."

"He exploring."

"In the jungle still?  Is he alright?  Near those ruins or what?"  Darius grew concerned. 

"Oh yeah, he's fine."  Shazam waved him off with his hand.  Darius didn't buy it.

"Where in the jungle is he at, this place is starting to get kind of suspicious.  I can't find anybody and I just bought some explosives cheaper than it takes to make them."

"Where in the hell did you find an explosives dealer Darius!"  Shazam exclaimed. 

"Weapons warehouse, 131st street, why?"

"This is a damn vacation, not training camp."  Shazam was starting to raise his voice.

"Where's Jaden?" Darius was also raising his voice.

"Stranded, he'll be fine."

"Yeah, right."  Darius turned and entered his room.  Shazam tried to follow but couldn't.  There were five new locks on the door.

Five minutes later, Darius came back out,  bristling with weapons.  Shazam was leaning against the wall, waiting.  "Damn it Darius, you can't keep playing the hero!"

"Stop me."

"I'll get you demoted or kicked out for this, Darius.  I'm ordering you to stop!"

Darius turned and started walking backwards, "we're on vacation.  You have no authority."

"I'll show you what authority I have on you!"  He began to run at Darius, but he was gone.  Shazam ran back to the room to call the authorities.

Darius was outside and on his bike in less than a minute from leaving his room.  He could spare no time, the sun was setting.  He dawned his helmet from his old, long lost combat armor from his mercenary days.  It had several different visions, and a visual feed on his E-11.

Darius knew exactly what to do.  Since Jaden had an artificial limb, it was going to give off a strange reading unlike other electrical equipment.  This was how he would search.

The map appeared in the corner of his helmet vizor.  He swept above the trees, looking for the electrical signal of Jaden's arm.

(several hours later)

It was totally dark.  Darius flew to the heat signature of a camp fire.  Upon arrival, Jaden sat there, not daring to go to sleep.  Something was wrong.  He had his E-11 close, ready to fire on the slightest threat.

Darius quickly landed, and received a lecture on why he had to stop being the hero.

Darius was very alert, there was definitely something wrong.  "Get on the bike, we need to get out of here," he ordered. 

"Wait, I need to show you something, maybe you could understand what that panel was saying," Jaden said.

Darius caught movement out of the corner of his eye, so did Jaden.  They both had their weapons drawn.  "We need to get out of here now." said Darius more forcefully.  "We're surrounded by someone, or something."

"I agree," Jaden said.  He was getting nervous.  So was Darius. 

The fire was quickly dying.  What held back what ever it was that was watching them, was beginning to fail.

Darkness, and absolute silence.

"LET'S GO!!!" screamed Darius.  He began firing in random places, shooting as he ran.  He hopped on the bike, nearly knocking it on its side.

The vertical repulsors squeeled as it flew straight up.  Jaden had to grab on to Darius to stay on as it blasted forward. 

A scream filled the ominous silent jungle.  Not else was to be heard, only the echoes of the scream.  Nothing was as it appeared anymore.  Not even in nature.

Nothing was right.  There was more than meets the eye.

(well, it sounds like the marryment is over)

-----------------------
Feed a womp rat a food ration, he'll want an energy stim. Give him an energy stim, and he'll rip your throat out.

----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  957
May 13, 2005 10:35:09 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
"Shazam how the hell do you tolerate him?"  Art asked after Shazam got off the comm with the authorities.  "When he gets back he needs to learn a few things.  He can start with discipline and proper combat preparations.  Simply carrying loads of weaponry is useless.  It slows you down, is heavier so it wears you out faster, and reduces your maneuverability."  Art began to rant to his boss before Taylsha gently grabbed his arm and got him to stop.

"He did save your life you know."  She commented in a soft voice.  Art nodded.

"You're right thought Art, we'll deal with that back at the ship.  Right now I think we have a potentially serious problem to deal with here.  Something is interested in us and if we can trust the source of the information, we are certainly targeted by some person or persons for reasons still unknown."  Shazam said.  "Any suggestions?"  He asked.

"I'd say get the squadron together immediately and fill them in.  I think the main thing is to avoid drawing attention to ourselves, substantially more difficult considering what has occured to date.  Secondly, I think we need to do our best to not let whoever these people are that we really know what they are up to.  For now we should play as ignorant as possible and do some subtle investigative work."  Art replied.  "Make sure everyone has a blaster near by at all times as well."  He advised.

"Agreed."  Shazam responded.

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1517
May 14, 2005 12:17:43 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam hadn't told Jaden he'd gone scurrying back to his informant Mathis for more 'information'.  Well, story really...

Apparently, back in the early days of the empire, they just kind of shot people out into random territories, capturing everything in sight, and if there were any 'problems', Vader was there to assist.  However, just after Mathis had made a bet with JMac he'd reach the top before him, the Empire cut a deal with a group that wanted to run a safari on the planet Varonat. 

Now, there were about three hundred troops dropped off on the planet to map the area, then create an outpost on the most secure area then begin to look for reasonable resourcing options.  Mathis was a pretty good guy then, had a wife and one son that he was hoping to get back to in three months time. 

However, the empire completely one-hundred percent turned its back on the planet, ignoring any mention of it to keep themselves out of trouble for illegal safari work.  That meant leaving the people behind.  As Shazam's half-drunk and saddened friend continued, he began to realize what had happened.  They were abandoned, forced to look for resources and create thier own civilization. 

Must not have worked out that way though, because everyone split up to survive on thier own, and Mathis said he found his way into the camp of these 'Safari' managers.  They were low down creeps and the fact that they could go in and out of the planet always seemed heart-renchingly easy...  So he didn't like the place, and he beleived that to this day, those men remained in the forest and in the cities, waiting for thier chance to claim a palace that never was... 

A good story teller.  What haunted him though was the way he said,"Never trust people...  Especially people who promise you things..."

Alright, time to call a meeting...

(Keep it goin guys, this is lookin to be good...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  1295
Total Posts:  3245
May 14, 2005 6:41:29 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Shortly after my last post...)

Jack and Alexia made it to the cafeteria. They could smell exotic foods being cooked. They both were starving. A waiter droid came up to them and asked them what they wanted for breakfast.

"I'll just have a cup of blue milk," Jack said.

Alexia started to look at the menu and give her order, a very long order. So once the waiter droid went behind the counters, Jack and Alexia sat down.

"Something seems wrong, Jack," Alexia said to Jack, who had a mixed look on his face.

"Nothing's wrong, exactly, but I was thinking about your dream," Jack began. "The assassin... When you explained him to me, why did he sound so familiar?"

Alexia sat puzzled, searching her memory for clues. Meanwhile, Jack continued.

"I don't know, but I'm possitive it isn't someone from the Vast Empire or the Auroran Defense Fleet. At first I thought it was Dac Valdre."

"I thought you said he died after the battle at Thyferra," Alexia added.

"That's exactly what I had thought. But I had the med droids ran tests. That Dac was a clone," Jack said.

"But how... Why?" Alexia mumbled out.

"Dac Valdre was captured by a Hutt frigate shortly after the First Battle of Aurora Prime," Jack explained. "We tried to track him down, but our efforts failed. We knew he hated us for giving up, but it was the only thing we could do."

"I see now," Alexia added.

"So," Jack continued, "when I saw him on Thyferra, I assumed he had started to work with the Hutt Crime Federation or something. But like I said, that wasn't Dac. Which means," Jack began to conclude, "Dac Valdre is either alive, held captive, or dead."

"So you think it was Dac, and that he really was here."

"No, it wasn't him," Jack said softly. "But whoever it was, that person is probally still on the planet."

Alexia looked worried now. "How do you know?"

Jack took a breath. "Because, no ships have left this planet last night, except for a few ships that had registered all of their passengers."

"Which means..." Alexia began.

"Which means, we're being hunted."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Jack Nebulax, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/PO1 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Magistrate Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Rallos, Imperial Directorate (http://www.directorate.net/)
PG/MAG Jack Nebulax/Rallos/Cantrell/Diadem
Admiral Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Wing I (Nemesis Wing) of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF)
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  475
May 14, 2005 8:51:46 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
(Good set up Jack)

Jadens grip tightened as the swoop bike picked up speed.  Darius was really ramming on the throttle trying to make sure that they made it out of the forest alive.  Jaden could see the resort very long off, they would arrive within the next half hour.

Darius could really handle the swoop bike controls like a master, and looked like he was experienced in doing so.  He had no hesitation to make any move that was needed, but yet he wasn't tense as he rode.  Just let things flow.

The edge of the forest could be seen now as Jaden looked out over Darius's shoulder, making sure everthing was alright.  It was early morning, just at daybreak.  Jaden's favorite time of the day.

Everything seemed a little strange as Jaden and Darius rode into the city area.  Maybe thats because it was daybreak, or for another reason.  After parking the speeder bike, Darius and Jaden made their way back to the resort, and packed up all of their things, and then headed to Shazam's room.

The door opened swiftly as Shazam pulled the handle, letting his two squadron mates in.  Sitting in the back was Exira, dressed, and drinking some kind of morning beverage.  Jen was sitting at the same table, talking to her about something.  Taylsha and Art were sitting in the corner with their hands locked, and seemed to be waiting for something.  The same went for Jack and Alexia, they were sitting in chairs, hands locked, right beside eachother.  Everyone was calmer then they had been before.

"You two, sit, now," said Shazam, walking back over to the desk that he had set up, along with a few other devices scattered around, his datapad, and a small computer hooked up to a headset.

"Yes sir," the two men said promptly, sitting down in the chairs backwars, so that the back of the chair was between their legs.

"Darius, I should have your ass kicked out of this Navy for doing what you did, or have you reprimanded....." said Shazam

"But-" Darius was cut off.

"But, you did a pretty brave thing, going out there and saving Jaden's hide," said Shazam, calming down a little bit more from the frustration that was upon him, "And Jaden, you are lucky that Darius did what he did, or you would probably still be out there, I don't know, Alive or Dead." Shazam said, sitting down.

"Thanks sir?" Jaden said, confused, "What is the plan here?" asked Jaden

"Well, as most of you know, the people of this planet are being hunted.  Based on some of the information I have gathered from a friend here on the planet who was once friends with JMAC, Mathis.  He told me that about 10 years ago, he and about 300 of his men were shot off here on Varonat to set up a small military base.  After a while, the Imperials totally cut off everything from the planet, and forgot that Mathis and his troops were still there."

"Mathis and his men practically went ballistic, and split up into groups.  There was no more teamwork involved, it was survival for yourself.  Mathis stayed with the few men that were still loyal to him, and they tried to scrounge up as much things as they could.  Well, Mathis and his men went out one day, and discovered the Safari people.  They labeled them scapegoats for all that had happened to them,  because the Safari people could actually get off the island and what not.  The two of the groups got into a fued, but eventually split off from one another to make their own civilizations on the planet.  To this day, Mathis says he blames them for everything, and that we should trust no one.  The safari people that are out there came here to hunt animals, but I have a different belief from what Mathis has informed me of.  They are not hunting the tourists on this planet, and the town folk," said Shazam, pacing around some more.

"We are going to get stocked on all supplies, and take everything we don't need to carry back over to the Gozanti-"

"Why don't we just get the hell out of here," said DJ

"Because...well....the safari people have control of the planet, and it is on lockdown.  Believe me, if we could get out of here in the Gozanti in one piece, I would do it, but she isn't as good as she use to be, and can't make that kind of run without the shit getting blown out of us, and all of us dying." said Shazam

"Oh," said Jaden, in dissapointment, "So are we going to just go out and attack them, or what"

"Well, my idea is we get with Mathis and whatever men he has left, get everything together, and just wait.  We will get stationed on top of buildings around the area, and get some small posts set up.  The hunters will surely attack the tourists, but we will be on the defensive.  If any of you can go out and convince some of the tourists to help our cause, please do so.  Tell them we have the weapons, all we need is them to fight for us." said Shazam

"Darius and I will go scout the area for a while," said Jaden, walking back towards the door, followed by Darius.

"Fine, just keep in contact," said Shazam.

"Will do," said Darius as they exited the room.

Jaden and Darius walked around the city with their black robes on, and their weapons concealed.  They didn't want any of the tourists getting the wrong idea at first, so that they would be able to convince some of them to join the cause.

The people in the area were actually out of their homes now, but they were scurrying around; it looked like they were getting last minute supplies.  Maybe some of them did actually have an idea of what was going on at the time; or maybe something like this has happened to them before.

Jaden walked briskly up to a large stone block in the middle of the town squre, and stepped up onto it.

"What are ya doin," asked Darius

"Getting their attention," replied Jaden, holding his arms out to the sides, and taking a deep breath.

"Attention citizens of Varonat, We would like your help," said Jaden, booming his voice out

A few people stopped and turned their attention to Jaden, eyes locked onto his.

"Good, now, most of you know that something is going to happen, something bad," said Jaden

"You must not have been here for long," said a women on the side of the shop to the left.  "They do it every 3 months"

"Do what," said Jaden, in confusion

"Hunt," she said, with a discouraged look on her face

"Well, that we didn't know, but now we know that we can stop it,"

"We've never even tried to do something like that before.  We usually send a few villagers out that actually want to sacrifice themselves for the rest of our lives and family.  We really don't want to get on the bad side of those people," she said

"Well, we are going to do something about it, and if there is anyone in the city who would like to fight for the cause, please step forward," said Jaden

A large man, about 5-11, muscular, stepped up.  He looked like he was a drunk living off of the streets, and had nothing better to do.

"I've got some military experience," he said, slurring his words.

"I bet you do," said Jaden, looking over at Darius with a grin

"No, really, I was a seargent in the Imperial Army about 10 years ago," he said, trying to pay attention.

"Oh, really," said Jaden, "Can you handle a blaster very well"

"I was a heavy weapons specialist, I think I can handle a blaster," he said.

"Well, once we get a few more people, we'll get ya sobered up and ready for action," said Darius

"Alright," he said, stumbling over to the stone block beside Darius

About 10 more people volunteered, and followed Jaden and Darius back to the resort.  After a few of them were suited up with the things that the squadron had brought along, everyone huddled around the small table that Shazam had sprawled out across it, with a pencil in his ear, and a drink in the other.

"Well, we have a few people rallied up now don't we," said Shazam with a small smile on his face, "Now that all of you are suited up and ready, we need to get to work.  You two," Shazam said, pointing at two middle aged men who were armed with blaster rifles and 1 grenade each.  "You are going to be patrolling the area around the city, concealed as if you were homeless," he said.

The two men easily agreed.  "Jaden and Darius, you will be placed on the top of the resort with sniper rifles, and will be our eyes out there," said Shazam, "Jen and Jack, Alexia, DJ,  you will be looking around in the markets and such, waiting for something to happen" said Shazam.

"Art and Taylsha, you will be with Exira and I as we go meet up with Mathis and his few men over at the east side of the city.  Once we have his speeder loaded, and all of us are armed, we will jump the city when the hunters attack, after Jaden and or Darius sends the signal over," said Shazam

"Any questions?" he asked

"Nope," everyone replied, and were sent out to their posts.

After reaching the top of the resort, Jaden and Darius crawled over to the corners on each side of the top of the building, their cloaks floating in the small breeze that was upon them.  Jaden pulled out his sniper rifle, just as Darius was adjusting his scope.  Jaden made sure his headset was working, along with Darius.

"Everyone here me," said Jaden.

"Yep, we can here ya," said a few voices.

"The Eagles Eye is in position, waiting for further instructions," said Jaden, taking careful aim with his scope across the horizon and down across the edge of the forest.

"Everyone is in place now, good, all we have to do is wait," said Shazam.

"Good luck," said Darius

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

DJ234
ComNet Cadet

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  249
Total Posts:  794
May 14, 2005 9:00:04 AM    View the profile of DJ234 
(before jadens post)
DJ was sitting in his room thinking about the last day. " man this is not the vacation it should be". " on the up side i get to see jen in a bikini". "on the down side i get thrown in jail". getting up and going over to the balcony he noticied the beach how wounderful the waters are andd the soft sand.

"should i got to the beach or get a drink at the bar". deciding with himself which i might add is very hard to do. "Bar it is then". putting on his leather jacket and sliding his dager in his boot he walked out the door.

Walking down the streets he noticied all the vendor's "what they do to make a living". walking in and sitting down on a stool he saw many different creatures there. "its a bar after all". asking the bartender for some corillian ale he sat down and drank.

"my life is so boring no action and nothing to do i should have stayed on the asteroid and died". looking over he saw two men fighting "well maybe today isn't going to be a bad day after all". just then the first man hit the other man and a bar fight broke out. "Hey wait for me". Jumping in and knocking a couple guys out felt good.

"better get out of here boefore things get serious, i had enough with these police". getting up and walking out he decided to go over to the beach. "maybe a nice walk will clear my mind."my brothers are gone my life is crap i dont even get to shoot things anymore besides a simulator!".

"I never see anyone on this trip anymore. Jaden is in the forest with shazam, jack always goes with his girlfriend, darius is always somewhere and, Jen well Jen is at the Beach".

"Jen is at the Beach, I am at the Beach put two and two together. Were both at the beach. might as well go and see what she is doing". walking up and down the beach i noticied she wasnt there. "probably went to get something to eat".

"beep beep" opening up the comlink he heard Jaden's voice
"Jaden what is it".

"DJ i need you to come to me as quickly as you can"

" I am on ym way"

-----------------------
We ride together we stay together Nazgul

----------------------
FM/CRW DJ234/Nazgul 8/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1518
May 14, 2005 10:30:31 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam tapped the pencil he'd removed from his ear onto the desk repeatedly, a kind of nerve racking tension had begun.  Could Mathis truly be that blind?  So sure of what he thought he didn't get it?

Poor guy...  Shazam wouldn't tell him if he didn't have to.  It only occured to him after he heard the Empire didn't even bother to get thier own people.  Mathis' friends were dead, because they were hunted...  They were dead because they'd been dropped off on purpose, to be hunted...  Mathis and his group were the only ones left probably, maybe a few others stranded in the jungles...  He figured that they'd been to forgotten, that the Empire didn't care for their people.  Well, he was absolutely correct, but Shazam supposed he didn't realize the rest.  And it made the pilot wonder...  Would the VE turn on them?  Would they sell them off for a small fee for the chance at a greater opportunity?  It sickened him...

These guys were goin down...  Shazam managed to understand two very important things in the time that he observed story after story, watched numerous people make haste to thier homes in an attempt to save thier own lives...  Those two facts were-A: You were always being hunted, reguardless of whether you were trying to hunt them or vice versa...  and B: These guys always want to play a game...  They want to hunt.  So they'll have to hunt, it won't be wide open shoot what you can gaming...  No, they're ganna hide and camaflage and make as much of time as they can out here, and then they'll come back and do it again.  Shazam would not be hunted, and he wouldn't let his friends become anything like it...

Yes, they were going down...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  477
May 14, 2005 11:14:29 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden kept the rifle stable, and took his hand off of the rifle to grab his binoculars.  They turned on quick, and showed a thermal scan of the area,  including just beyond the edge of the forest.  Jaden shifted over and looked at the city as all of the reds and blue images shown, making his eyes shake and make him dizzy.  It was quite the site to see everyone, but Jaden could make out the Nazguls and the people who were helping.

"Jaden, do you see that," said Darius

"See what," said Jaden

"Just there on the tree line, looks like about 5-6, wait, more than that.  I'm counting 15-20 things coming out of the forest now," said Darius

Jaden got a lookf or himself.  Jaden switched over to regular view on his binoculars and discovered for himself that it was the safari people.  Camoflauged as they were, they were still detected by the Nazgul Squadron.

"Shazam, we got atleast 20 of them coming out of the forest, but you won't be able to see them without thermal vision," saud Jaden, "They are really camoflauged coming out of the forest, but you should be able to see them once they come more out of the forest," said Jaden

"We have almost hooked up with Mathis, keep an eye on things out there," said Shazam

"Do you wish for me to engage?" said Jaden

"Just keep in on the down-low, they don't even know what is coming for them," said Shazam

"We'll give you the go signal once they have entered the town, and then it is hell to pay for those bastards," said Jaden

"See you around," said Shazam

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Darius
ComNet Novice

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  50
May 14, 2005 9:08:49 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius lost count at 157.  These guys were serious, and the only way to get rid of a serious opponent it to get serious.  For Darius, that was weapons wise.

"Jaden, you'll still got a solid count going?" Darius asked.

"I'm lost, we underestimated by just a tad I think."

"I'll be back, I left some weapons down next to the swoop."  Darius was on top of a water tower.  It was maybe the tallest building in the small tourist city.  There was no safe way to get up or down, so Darius just jumped.

The climbing rope slid through his gloved hands.  He descended slowly, using a solid grip to control his fall. 

When he reached the ground, the big drunken man was standing next to the swoop.  He was not longer drunk, but not fully awake. 

The man spoke, "your leader guy sent me to you.  He said you had explosives."

"He was right, but before we start, let me help your awareness a tad."  Darius pulled a small, single-use saringe out of a pouch on his belt.  He jammed it into the man's neck.  "This is a military grade energy stim.  It gives you the equivalent of 10 hours of sleep and 3 full meals."  He grinned, "feel good don't you?"

The fatigue literally melted away from the man.  "Now, that's what I'm talking about!  What do ya got for me."

"Do you know how to make IED's?"

"It's been a while, but I think if I had the right tools, I could do it."

"I'll be back."  Darius grabbed on to the climbing mechanism on the rope.  He grabbed the explosives, a rope, and the rest of the equipment.  With a squeeze of the trigger, he shot up to the top of the water tower.

"'ay, what about me?"  In a reply to the man's question, a rope dropped in front of his face.  Darius descended once again, attached the climbing mechanism, and shot right back up.  Not a word said.

The man popped up while Darius prepared his explosives for the making.  The man introduced himself, "they call me Lil John, but don't let the name confuse you.  I'm very big in real life."

Darius thought to himself, maybe the stim was too much.  "Darius, let's make some explosives."

The man got to work, and knew what he was doing.  In an hour later, he had 5 different bombs, all very useful: anti-personnel, anti-armor, timed mines, proximity mines, and remote mines.

"Jaden, what do we got?" Darius asked.

"Well by the looks of it, they've fanned out.  The east side is crawling with them.  I haven't seen any confirmed shots yet, but..."  He made a wide scan with the scope.

"Shit, they're firing on civillians!  This isn't just a hunt anymore, they trying to take the whole planet!"  Jaden shouted into his com.

"Shazam, you read this?" Darius said.

"Yeah, we're getting close the area.  You can commence firing, but make it inconspicuous.  Try to pick off individuals in alleys and streets.  Don't let them know they're on to us.  Shazam out."

It had begun.

(Let's do this thing.)

-----------------------

----------------------
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  483
May 15, 2005 12:33:32 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
(Well, why not? Lol)

Jaden shifted into another position, his legs were getting cramped from staying in the same position at all times.  His hands were a little shakey, so he popped in a few diazepams to calm himself down, and get a grip on things.

The city was being ransacked, literally.  The hunters were running around the streets, killing, theiving, and lighting things on fire.  Small explosions rocked throughout the city as a few buildings were engulfed into more fire.  Probably flammable substances within the structures.

Jen's cloak hung over her long red hair, concealing her face and everything inside of the cloak.  Dj and Jack were conceiled also, and Alexia stayed close to Jack, getting ready for anything and everything that would strike against them.  Jack was very protective of Alexia, so he kept an eye on her while watching the area around him.

"Nazgul Squadron," whispered Jaden in his headset,  "The hunters have made their way into the east side of the city.  They are fanning out, and should be coming your way towards the west side pretty soon"

Dj stood beside a dumpster as Jen took her post inside of a near market place.  Alexia and Jack split up, but watched eachother carefully.  The hunters were just upon them.

5 of the men came walking down the alley way towards the market area where the 4 members of Nazgul Squadron were.  They were armed, but had no idea what would be coming at them around the corner.

"Eagle Eye 2 to Market Undercover," said Jaden,  "5 bogeys coming down the south alleyway behind the small market area selling banannas"

Jen took it to mind as she pulled the shotgun out of her cloak, shifting it up into her sleeve for quick access so she coud just slide it into her hand.  DJ did the same, along with Jack and Alexia.  They were ready.  Jack and Alexia did a wide J walk, coming around to the left side of the entrance of the alley way.  Jen was just around the corner, pretending to exmaine some fruits on the stand, and Dj was covering her from behind the desk, crouched down with his shotgun ready to strike.

The hunters fanned out after exiting the alleyway, not even noticing Jack and Alexia to the left, waiting behind them.  Jen gave the signal to keep quiet as they came around.  One of the tourists walked over to where Jen was.  Not good.

Jen could feel the man behind her.  He came up behind her, and tried to grab her shoulder.  Jen spun around, putting the shotgun barrel into the stomach of the assasin, and pulled the trigger, ripping his intestines all over the place, tossing his body 6 feet in front of her.  The other hunters were easily alerted.  Jack ran up behind another hunter, and smashed him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun, ripping the back of his skull open.  Alexia put her hand over her mouth in a felling of disgust and amazement, just as Jack shot the man once more in the head.  She had never seen Jack be so violent before.  Dj quickly popped up from behind the market stand, and blew the head right of another hunter.  Blood gushed out of the neck area where the persons head had formerly been.  Jen scurried away from the blood so that she wouldn't be touched by any of it.

The two remaining hunters started firing at Jen, and she quickly took cover behind the Market stand.  Jaden took careful aim on one of the hunters that we trying to get back into the Alleyway.

"I have a shot," said Jaden

"Take it," said Jen, as she ducked under the market stand

Jaden took aim onto the mans body, and let the bolts fly.  They piercecd the mans body as he lost all control and fell to the ground with his last breath.  The other hunter was overwhelmed as the members of Nazgul Squadron opened up into the man.  Alexia got a shot in, it was dead on.  She was terrified afterwards though, and came to Jack in comfort.

"Theres no time for this, no pun intended," said Jen, reloading her gun

"You guys are all clear for a moment, try to hide somewhere and take cover.  They are still pouring out of the forest." said Jaden, moving his crosshairs over so he could see the reflection from Jens long red hair.

Darius kept messing around with explosives with the other man, while still keeping an eye on Shazam, Mathis, Art, and Taylsha.

(Finally got the spelling of your characters' fiance down Art, lol)

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1529
May 16, 2005 5:34:17 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam was extemely surprised that Exira wanted to be a part of this, and even more surprised at the fact she thought she'd be going into battle.  Shazam thought not.

"How many people do you have?" Shazam queried, setting down a repeating blaster pistol, a dull thud rang out in the market area.  It was kind of weird being in the middle of a normally busy place, but all the sudden desolote while screams and shotgun blast could be heard roaring in the background. 

"I've managed to get about seventy-three men together.  Must say I was happy to see so many of my old men turn up."  Mathis had cleaned up quite well and was now exposing his short white hair and a now well shaven beard.  Also, it was now apparent he had an accent, a very deep and excellent, by Shazam's standards, accent.

"Well then, how should we do this...?"  Art broke the silence.

"Now...  CWO Shazam, I will need to you to cover this main avenue..." Mathis clicked a well concealed holo device, displaying a map of the city's main entrance.  "You will place yourselves within the market, this is to keep you from being targeted by thier real hunters..."  He glanced over at Exira who was mildy confused by his last reference.  "Real hunters...  The ones who like to make it difficult, the ones who find a resting spot and perch..." she still wasn't getting it.

"Snipers." Shazam ended the guessing game abruptly and Mathis looked at him as if to say,"She'd have gotten it eventually..."

"Right, well, my men have scattered themselves around the first five blocks or so, leading up into that center aisle that makes its way into the mid-section of the city...  I'd like to take them by surprise and deal out as many death certificates as possible...  In the first ten seconds."  Shazam almost dropped his jaw.  He was a little nervous about this whole deal, and telling his commanding officer he'd lost a man in battle during a vacation...  He'd be in some trouble, not to mention a few weeks of serious self-disapproval. 

"Is there something amiss sirs?" Mathis pulled his eyes upward from his crouched stance he'd moved to some time during his briefing.  Shazam and Art glanced at eachother with unease. 

"Its just the whole allowing our pilots to be easilly shot at..." Art began but Mathis waved it off stubbornly saying something about 'old army standards' then ended with-

"Your men will be completely out of the way, it'll come down to how well your people can play hide and seek.  If we can take the sadistic ones who made way into the city out real quick like...  Then we'll just have to worry about the guys taking pot shots from about a mile out..."  Again, Shazam almost lost his composure...

"YES, a mile chief.  I suppose you don't get that in the Navy, but I'm sure you guys do something up there..." the whole division thing was coming out again.  Shazam have to get this guy in a regular TIE and see if he complained... 

"So whats' the objective?' Taylsha wondered, she had been silent the entire way through and Mathis suddenly took notice. 

"Uh...  Well, I think we're just going to take out who we can by pushing them out of the city and see if we can't take them out with some home made cannons or something.  'Fraid we're kind of low on heavy turbolasers and masive explosive devices..."  The old army man chuckled, and Shazam grinned as an idea boasted to the others in his mind.

"I think I can get you some heavy turbolasers..." Mathis stopped laughing and his eyes were serious.  "Yea...  I can help you on that, just lemme know when you need 'em and you'll recieve some heavy cannon fire.  But I don't know what I'll be able to do about the snipers..."  Everyone decided that was good enough by a unanimous nod and began to take thier places.

"Cheif, where you want us?"  Shazam stopped in his track and turned to face Art and his fience. 

"Hmm...  Taylsha, I think you should join Jaden and Darius on the water tower, you'll be safer there as well as be able to spot possible threats.  I believe your a tactical coordinator or some crap like that, right?"  She nodded curtly and Shazam continued on with," you can organize our attacks...  And  Art, you can scurry on along with Mathis and myself.  I think we're heading up to that middle section of the tourist shops..."  They were standing in the middle of several lean-to style shops and beginning to breath a little heavier in the excitement.  "Alright, are we good, we're good?  Good..."  Shazam clapped his hands and they were off...

Taylsha would stay with them until they reached Darius and Jaden, then Art would break off with Shazam...  Right.

"By the way, this isn't a required exercise for you Nazguls out there...  And I don't think its sanctioned for vacation status, so if anyone wants to back out now..."  From his belt, the CWO had taken out his comlink and decided it the best time to notify the members of his squadron.

"No one?"  Shazam waited on the line for a few more seconds and then-" Right, les do this..."

(Excellent job guys...  Keep it goin...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1326
May 16, 2005 5:58:05 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack and Alexia were prepared. Shazam had just signaled them, asking if anyone wanted to back out of the vacation mission. Those two words: "vacation" and "mission." They shouldn't have gone side-by-side. But then again, Nazgul Squadron always had to battle one way or the other. It was perilous. Jack hated to have Alexia get involved in all of this. But he was doing his job. He was protecting her.

Jack also had his mind on these attackers. What did they want? Why did they come here? There were so many questions unanswered. But Jack figured some would be answered soon enough.

He glanced over at Alexia. "What's wrong?" Jack asked his girlfriend.

She hesitated, then responded, "I'm worring for you. What if you get hurt, or worse, killed?"

"I won't," Jack reassured her. "I've been in pletty of battles with the Vast Empire and the Auroran Defense Fleet, most of them far worse. I'll be all right, and so will you. Don't worry."

Alexia got up and embraced Jack. They kissed for a few seconds, but a long few seconds. They feared for each other. But they had to do this. It was the right thing. They stopped the embracement and the long kiss, and went back to buisness.

Shazam's voice came over the comlink. "Let's do this."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

XO/FL/PO1 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B]
Magistrate Jack Nebulax, Planetary Governor of Rallos, Imperial Directorate (http://www.directorate.net/)
Admiral Jack "Zax" Nebulax, Commander of Wing I (Nemesis Wing) of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF)
Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1531
May 16, 2005 7:09:44 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
"Lock en' load boys..." Mathis had his head up against the side of the metallic building, a surplus store selling sky diving equipment.  Despite the mention of arment, Shazam heard no quick switching or precise setting sounds.  Hmm...

All the way down the street, hunters began to fan out.  Inside the various shops and shiny eye catching windows, Nazgul squadron and its companions waited.

Crunch...  Crunch...  The safariest had shot out several windows and forced several street lamps to come crashing to the ground, enjoying every chance they got to destroy something.  Of course, it was now making thier position incredibly obvious, but Shazam couldn't argue.

The pilot gripped his repeating pistol and tried to breath as quietly as possible, but it just made his breathing louder and more nervous.  Man he hated that.  Was that why he didn't join the army?

"Zefa squad, prepare to engage..." whispered the army officer.  Everything was so still, and Exira, who Shazam had forgotten was with them, and was also completely un-armed, stood by Shazam.

Shazam glanced to his left and saw his vacation fling, then turned back to Mathis, but then there was a double take.  OH CRAP...  The pilot put up his hand in an attempt to signal 'don't move'... 

"Attack." The bolts began to fly...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jen Knight
ComNet Novice

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  317
May 18, 2005 7:39:49 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
Jen's boots slapped against the pavement as she ran across the street into an alley. She stooped down, wiping the blood off her gun with her black cloak and waited. Everyone had to get to new positions so they could be ready for the next wave of hunters. Jack and Alexia had sprinted in the opposite direction and were now hiding behind a dumpester filled with scrap metal and DJ had jogged south from the Market and was pretending to buy from a short, aparrently deaf vender, that hadn't run away from the sound of gun fire.

"Great job guys." Jen wispered into her communicator. " You see anymore coming Jaden?" Jen shifted from her spot and took a glance into the market area. Still empty.

"They're still spilling from the forest, but they won't get to your location by foot for a good ten minutes. Keep on the watch."

"Alright. Thanks." Jen sighed, resting her head against the cool steel wall. Hunters were coming and they would be ready.

Jaden peered into his scope, watching the men pool into the city, their feet moving fast. "Damn." Hopefully he had not overestimated the time the others had, but soon they were to have problems of their own.

"Attack." Mathis slammed his fist down on the red ignition button to one of his planted bombs.

Exira clutched onto Shazam's shoulders and placed her forehead in the crevice of his collarbone. The ground shook, rocking the foundation of the whole building.

The sound of the bomb echoed through the entire city. Jaden sat up from his laying position, taking his sniper rifle in his lap and looked towards the explosion. "That's not a pretty site." Darius looked through his scope and saw what was left of the alley. It  had been completely blown away, leaving bits and pieces of the former beings behind, though their crimson blood soaked the broken rubble.

Shazam sighed and grabbed Exira's hands and turned to face her. "Exira, you can't be here. This isn't safe." He turned and glanced down at his gun, the metal glimmering in the soft sun. " You might get hurt."

-----------------------
Jen Knight
Vast Empire Navy
FM/CRW Jen Knight/Nazgul 12 (3-4)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Jen Knight (edited May 19, 2005 12:21:01 AM)]
DJ234
ComNet Cadet

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  278
Total Posts:  794
May 19, 2005 2:57:46 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
(My POV)

"Yes i like the neckalce sir" trying over and over again to make the man listen to him but it doesn't seem to work. "i think he is deaf DJ". Jen wispered over the commlink".

"And i have been trying to get his attention for over ten miniutes, this plan better work i don't like to hide and wait for the enemy to come to me".

"They are coming out of the forest now" Jaden said over the comm.

"Roger" DJ replied.

"attack"

"attack oh not good, get down". pulling the old man down with him just as the bomb went off. "please don't let anything fall on the table".

His ears still ringing from the balst DJ could not hear what Jaden just said. Pulling up the man and lifting the table back up.

the man over joyed with being alvie gave DJ  the Neckalce i was lookin at and said with a smile "give that one to your lady friend over there" pointing over to Jen. "sir she is not my girlfriend she is just a friend". But realizing he couldn't hear him he just gave up.

"my sign language isn't that good but it is worth a try." getting the man's attention he told him to find a safe place to hide. The man under stood and ran off. "thank god no more civillians.

Getting back to the mission at hand he wondered how many more must die before i can have a peaceful vacation. "I mean come on i cant even go a week without being shot at".

-----------------------
We ride together we stay together Nazgul

----------------------
FM/CRW DJ234/Nazgul 8/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by DJ234 (edited May 19, 2005 2:59:44 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Member

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  972
May 19, 2005 10:07:35 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
After the bomb demolished much of the alley, killing the first wave of hunters coming towards them, Mathias regrouped his squad to cover another road for the next assault.  Shazam pointed Exira towards a safe area before regrouping with Art.  Art had picked up an A-280 carbine, what it was doing on Varonat was beyond him.  He had taken it out of a trashed weapons shop, the shop being damaged by the safari guys who were on their side.  Bloody ex-imperials have forgotten much of what army training is.  He thought to himself as he and Shazam ran down a side street to join up with some more of the friendlies.

As they darted through an intersection, blaster bolts started flying as two group of hunters were launching a pincer attack on the group of Safariests fortified in a couple of shops on the corner.  Arturus fired a burst down the alley, hitting two hunters before finding cover behind a couple of pieces of furniture that had been thrown out of one of the shops when the Safariests had turned it into a bunker.  Shazam kneeled down behind a dumpster and opened fire on the approaching hunters.

"There are a hell of a lot of them."  Art shouted above the noise of battle around him.

"Just beat them back for now.  When they are fleeing back, we can suit up and chase them into the forest."  Shazam replied before leaning around the dumpster to shoot a hunter right in the face.  Art followed that up with a three shot burst, knocking a hunter right off his feet.  Despite their best efforts, however, the hunters continued to press forward, pummelling the makeshift bunker of the Safariests.

Suddenly, a pair of laser bursts narrowly missed Art's head.  It took him a second to realize that the shots had become from behind me.  Art spun around quickly as more shots were fired.  When he made sense of what he saw, he realized that there were two dead hunters lying on the street with Taylsha standing over them holding her pistol.

"Damn you have a knack for timing."  Art said as she crouched down behind the barricade with him.

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1549
May 21, 2005 12:51:50 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam gritted his teeth as he flung to the ground in the hopes he wouldn't be scourged by a sudden explosion to his direct left.  It caught him totally by surprised and left him gasping for breath; he had just been thinking how he would make them fear the thought of attacking such a cool place like the resort or any other shop around. 

Art and Taylsha had ran to the other side of the street in the hopes of creating a slightly more bottleneck effect as Mathis attempted to close them in.  A duel plan that would hopefully result in an utter defeat plea. 

Shazam rolled for a second, his eyes going everywhere and a strange lightness lifted his mind.  Oh crap, blacking out, the pilot thought as he sat up, everything glowing then turning a darker version of itself; Shazam hadn't noticed, but the explosion, or as he thought it was, did not 'ring' in his ears, in fact, it was dead silent afterwords. 

The retina in the back of the Chiefs' eye was only opaque for a few seconds though, and they suddenly cleared to reveal a large, burly man with a pistol held steadilly in the center of young Exira's forehead. 

The both of them were talking but Shazam could not hear, and every other person around him seemed to be listening so intently, not even the slightest conviction to move a muscle.  Whirring, howling noises were starting. 

"AH, ehah," the pilot was up into the chest of Madison.  How did he know that though?  The name...  Yes, Mathias had told me of the exploits commonly reminiscent of 'Madison'.  Surely the two had known eachother well in thier five intro days to Varonat, but they had grown to become natural enemies in the dog-eats-dog world that they were soon enveloped in. 

"Oh, suv..." Hunzer the mad was taken full and thrown into the contempory furnishings that were now ripped to shreads on the walls opposite a detonated shop entrance. 

Shazam's allied army friend Mathis, had just burst around the corner and brought the attention back to the center fight, leaving Madison and the CWO to duke it out.  Hunzer retalliated immedietly, clutching the slack in his enemies t-shirt, twisting for grip and suddenly tossing him across his center attack zone.  A detailed and extremely perfect master of his own military training.  This type of excellent but profuse training led to a certain strain in his mental need for physical abuse, which some would blame for the horendous torture he dealt to many innocent people. 

SC Shazam found his center of gravity and moved his legs to spring upwards, Madison behind him swinging his legs to get enough momentum going so that he would be immedietly on the high ground.  The pilot turned to the soldier who in turn looked him straight in the eyes, but didn't wait.  The moment seemed to be last for a few hours, but was also over so quickly one couldn't have beleived it had happened in that fasion at all.  Blaster fire erupted behind the two men judo chopping eachother back and forth within the attraction store.

As the pilot had rolled into a jump, he grabbed a shattered peice of glass, looking for any weapon really, but also attempting to think ahead.  Madison dropped as he initiated a false upper-torso attack involving cupped hands.  He turned so that his body, if met with that of Shazam's, was a perfect t-juntion, and let his leg move outwards then cut inwards behind the knee of his opponet.  In turn, the pilot dropped, but was quick enough to grab hold of the arch nemesis to Mathias.  The shattered, glimmering and almost holy appearence to the glass was suddenly terrifying as it ripped through the skin of Hunzer. 

"AHOHA...!" he exclaimed, he was trying to find anywhere to force his paine an avenue.  The interier of the store they had burst into had only been sparsely looted, leaving small figures about the room in a careless mess.  The army man adapted to his horrible, wrything pain and swept upwards, bending an unbeleivable gab to reach Shazam.  He should have split in half. 

"They're movin back," Mathis shouted over the com.  Well crap, this is the time to go and I'm fighting this bozo. 

The Nazgul SC was pushed into the hard ground and was now trying to block the outward punching of the grappling major before him.  He was rusty, thought Shazam.  He sent an arm to the left and his trusty power fist into the center at the same time in the hopes of 'intercepting fist'.  This worked quite well and Madison was stunned with a stinging sensation in the lower left hand corner of his face, forcing him to fall backwards awkwardly. 

"I'm getting out of here and getting your turbo-lasers Mathias, just promise me you guys will have them outside the fence in ten minutes," and Shazam was off before Madison could pull him back into the fight.  So they brought they're ring leader into the battle with them.  Mathis would find this very interesting considering he only breifly explained his deep and passionate hatred for the man.  He was the main reason everyone went thier seperate ways and began to destroy eachother, even turning to the side of the safari people in an attempt to live off of what he had.  Claimed he knew the land, and he did.  Now someone was dying today, and it wouldn't be the good guys...

(Com'on, les get posting, I think we're almost done, and feel free to include something from out there...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  525
May 21, 2005 2:17:05 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
(Wow....)

Jaden's finger tighted on the trigger as he unloaded into the ant like figures coming out of the forest.  Some of them were retreating.  The ones who kept running shot back at the deserters, knocking them dead.  Jaden gave out a laugh at the site of them fighting amougnst eachother, and took out another peon.  They were falling like flies, and Darius was cooking up another suprise.

"Jaden, I'm going down with these explosives and planting them just at the entrance of the city for the last wave.  I believe that this last explosion should really knock the hell out of them, and force them to retreat and go into a fued of their own," said Darius

"It does look like they don't like deserters," said Jaden, "I'll watch your back as you plant the trap.  Be careful, turbolaser fire is commencing from Mathis' artillery."

"I'll be fine, just make sure you keep yourself safe," said Darius

"I will," said Jaden, "Go get em bud"

Jen, DJ and Jack cleaned up the rest of the enemies in the market area, and moved closer towards the water tower, after the warning of the trap and the turbo laser fire that was commencing.  They were in good condition, and the ladies were back on the Gozanti, waiting for the rest of the squadron to return.  Alexia and Exira went to the ship, but Taylsha was making her way towards the water tower to hook up with the rest of the Squadron.

Shazam, Mathis, Art, and Mathis' men were getting closer to the water tower area.  The troops were really laying it down on the hunters, as their numbers dimished quickly.  They had only taken a few casualties, which was great.

Not long after the turbo laser fire started, Darius was closing in on the target area.  Jaden kept his scope just on Darius, waiting for one of the hunters to attack him.  They were closing in on his position fast...

"Dar, you are gettin hot," said Jaden "They are closing in on your position"

"I'll be in an' out, give me 30 seconds to plant the explosives," said Darius, panting in his dead sprint.  The hunters were starting to shoot at him as he planet the explosives, and Jaden was trying to hold them off.

After planting the explosives, laser fire erupted all around Darius as he sprinted back towards the water tower as fast as he could.  Jen, Taylsha, Jack, and DJ had just arrived and took their positions.  Jaden gave them the heads up.  The detonation would have to be within the minute, the hunters were closing in...

"This is Shazam, we have arrived..."

"Good," said Jaden

"I'm not at the water tower," Shazam said

"But Mathis and Art and the rest are here, where are you?" said Jaden

"Look to your right," said Shazam

Just as Jaden looked to his right, the starviper came around, twirling in the air, blasting the ground where a group of hunters were.

"Holy hell!" said Jaden, "Didn't expect that one"

Shazam let out a yip of joy as he skimmed the ground, taking out a large number of the hunters.  Darius was just coming into view of the naked eye.  The hunters had just come into the target area.

"Mathis and his squads, open fire!" said Shazam, "Darius, the time is now!"

Just as he finished, Darius pushed the red button on the detonator.  The explosion rocked the water tower, and everything around it.  Jaden fought to keep balance, but it was hopeless.  He was loosing control.

Debris was flying everywhere, and the grip was getting slick on the side of the water tower.  Jaden yelled for help, but the ring from the explosion blocked everything out.  His left hand slipped, and he lost all grip, and began his decent.

Jaden's body fell fast, and hit a large blue metal ring just outside of the water tower, crushing his chest.  It slowed him down, but he was still falling pretty hard.  He was falling, just as he caught grip on a pipe that was sticking out of the side.

"JADEN!" yelled Jen, as she and the rest came to the area where Jaden was going to land.  They all huddled around, and tried to catch him, but they couldn't get huddled up fast enough.  Jack and DJ dove to the ground just under Jaden as he fell on top of them.  He landed right on his legs, crushing the bones from his knees down, sending the bones right through the skin at the kneecap.  He passed out just as he hit the ground from the pain....

The hunters were mostly wiped out, but Mathis and his troops finished the rest up.  Everyone huddled around Jaden, picking him up.....

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Shazam
ComNet Expert

Shazam

Post Number:  1558
May 21, 2005 12:04:36 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam was still confused about what had happened before he found his way to the star viper.  Exira had to keep resetting herself because of the loose fitting clothing she thought was applicable to a 'mission.'  Yes, but she was also swishin that semi-long, well cut dark hair that gave Shazam butterflies. 

"Holy crap..." Shazam said upon viewing the unconcious Jaden, the sniper rifle he'd been holding was now splintering from the sky and coming down towards the fallen comrade.  DJ stepped out from no where and caught the spiking instrument of doom from the air just before it reached his friend.  The group all stared at DJ who stepped back and continued to stare down at the body until he realized they were looking at him.  "What?" 

"Nothing..."  Darius said, absolutely stunned.

"Right, well I think we should get him back to the Gozanti, see if we can save his legs...  Alexia...  Exira...  You two take him to the ship and try to fix him up.  Or maybe pick up some medical supplies on the way?"

The two young ladies looked at eachother nervously, thinking about trying to take care of something as nasty as this...  They nodded reluctantly and began to jog over to a small motorized cart... 

"I suppose I'll return to Page...  See if I can't help them clean up..." Shazam was finishing when-

"This is Mathis, we're falling back, Hunzer pulled some kind of a manuver on a garrison of our troops, and by the looks of it, we lost a lot...  We should never have chased them into the forest..."  Shazam's army friend was coming down on himself. 

"Hey, its alright man, we'll finish this up for ya...  I'll see what booby traps I can take out from the sky, most of them should be in the first couple hundred feet.  Wonder where they put that outpost..."  Shazam walked away without a goodbye and went right to his parked Viper atop a small, completely devestated building, but stable.  Art would gather...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  528
May 21, 2005 1:02:18 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
(Good fun...)

Jaden flinched as the needle went into his leg, and the serenge emptied.  Exira had just given him two heavy doses of pain killer, destroying any sign of the fatal injury that he had just recieved.

Alexia had to keep rushing in and out, getting things that Jaden wanted every now and then.  Jaden was quite happy actually, but the pain killers were really starting to screw him up.

Jaden pushed the red buzzer, just as Exira and Alexia had settled in.  He was purposely taking advantage of them, but it wasn't bothering him at all.

Alexia walked in, with a look like, "What the hell else do you want," look on her face, and Jaden just smiled.

"Alexia, could you get me a tall glass of lemonade, and then tuck me in?"

She just stared at him, turned around, and made her way to the kitchen.  She came back with the lemonade, and even put the little umbrella in it.  She gave Jaden the glass of lemonade, walked over to the edge of the bed where the sheets were.  As she bent over, Jaden looked forwards, and caught a glimpse of her cleavege.  It was nice.  He kept staring for a while as she covered him up, with a nice big grin on his face.  He sipped from the lemonade after he finished.

A little while later, Exira came in to comfort him.  Jaden complained of feeling lonely, so she cuddled on the bed with him for a little while, and Alexia decided to join.  Jaden didn't feel any guilt what so ever.  Then one thought came to mind.  Shazam and Jack.....  Oh boy....

After Jaden dozed off for a while, and the ladies fell asleep also.  They had been working for a while, keeping Jaden in tip top shape and taking care of him.  It was relaxing.

Shazam, Jack, and DJ walked into the hall of the resort, and made their way to Jaden's room where he was resting.  They were stocking up on things before they pushed further into the forest to eliminate the rest of the threat, and get off of the planet, but they were suprised as they walked into the room to see the site of Jaden, with each arm rapped around each girl.  Alexia on the left, Exira on the right.  Shazam looked at Jack.  Jack look at Shazam.  DJ looked at the two of them......

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Vast Empire
Nazgul Squadron

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Veteran

Jack Nebulax

Post Number:  1373
May 21, 2005 6:11:52 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack was about to go nuts. Well, at least he thought he was. Jack managed to surpass a laugh. "Awww, come on," Jack complained. "The first person she sleeps with is Jaden. Darn it!"

DJ laughed, and soon Shazam joined in. Then, having a ton of fun, Jack laughed hysterically. He was going to wake up the three of them and punch Jaden. But Jack wouldn't do that. Jack spoke again.

"And to think I once thought that Jaden was a female. That is, before I saw him..." Jack laughed some more.

He bent down to wake Alexia up. She was confy, that Jack could tell. "What the hell, I'll let it go. She might as well sleep with someone else before I-"

Suddenly, Alexia woke up and rubbed her eyes. "Before you do what? What is it? Tell me!"

"I'll tell you later," Jack said. "Come on, let's get moving. We've got a lot of things to do now, unless you like sleeping with someone else before you sleep with me."

Again, everyone laughed. Alexia got up and slowly walked over to Jack. She kissed him. "Come on, you lovestruck flyboy. Let's get a move on."

"Yes, ma'am," Jack teased as she walked by.

-----------------------

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > PB & J: Summer Solstice  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:19:33 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 96  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >