ComNet Expert

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1743
Total Posts:  2943
  Let's Get Our Prefect Back
April 10, 2005 10:32:21 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit was relaxing in his office one day, requesting that he was not to be disturbed. It was a perfect day: nothing was going on that required his immediate attention, and the weather was beautiful outside. Rizzit was just about to go outside for a bit, to relax in the sunshine; when his idiotic protocol droid SD-21 came hurrying down the corridor.

"Emergency!" The droid cried as it came shuffling down the corridor. "EMERGENCY!"

Rizzit stood there and started cursing. Had he not thought the droid was sincere: he would have punched a hole through it with his blaster. "Well, there goes my day of relaxation. SD: What's the problem?"

"We've received a rather important transmission from a New Republic bounty hunter. At least I think it's a bounty hunter. Blast my intelligence circuits! I can never seem to decipher anything lately." The droid said as it whaled its arms up and down in frustration.

"SD, just stop your rambling and get to the point." Said Rizzit as he began to lose his patience with the droid.

"Sorry sir. I've placed the message on this holotape. I believe the massage is for you anyways. There's no clear image of the person, but the message is intact."

Rizzit sighed angrily. Why the droid put a message onto a holotape when the sender didn't have an image sent was beyond his comprehension (along with a good deal of other things). This had to be important, so Rizzit took the disk from the droid and inserted it into the player in his office. To the young commander's surprise, the sender had attached an image to the message. For some reason, the figure looked masked in his cloak, like he was trying to imitate a member of the Sith. At long last, the figure spoke.

Officers of the Vast Empire: Greetings. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Dal-Se Gaspr: Bounty Hunter in service of the New Republic. I have your prefect here with me on Bimmisaari , and I intend to keep him here. At least, until circumstances change either for better or worse. The Republic demands that you stop interfering with their plans to bring peace to the galaxy. They're trying to make this a better place for everyone concerned, and don't wish to be fighting a war with you every time they try to do something. Granted, they are prepared to and have the means to do so; but I'm getting off track. If you agree to sign a treaty with us, and turn over all weapons and bases to Republic control: your prefect will go free. If you refuse: one day at a time, he will be tortured until at last he dies. No, the Republic is not capable by any means of doing this, they are a peace-loving people: they only fight wars when they need to. I however, could care less as to how things get accomplished. I will be doing the torturing, and I assure you: I am a professional. Rest assured: your Prefect is unharmed at the minute, and will remain that way if you cooperate with me. I am giving you 72 hours to reach a decision. His fate solely rests upon your decision.

The figure faded out, as his last words were spoken. Rizzit thought to himself: one thing's for sure: he's no DarkJedi. Just a bounty hunter either mocking or imitating one. Rizzit sat down, not knowing what to do. For a few minutes, he was speechless. At long last: he managed to ask SD-21 if First Lieutenant Peacemaker had been informed of this.

"I'm afraid he's missing sir." The droid answered.

"Missing? How could he be missing? He's the bloody Executive Officer!"

"The office of high command reports that he hasn't been seen for months; and are beginning to fear the worst. Sir: is there anything we might do?"

"Yes, I'm going to go see Platoon Sergeant Merrick. She is Fury's personal assistant. I'm also going to contact Raziel and get him back home. The 3 of us need to meet with the high council and decide what to do. Raziel may have to meet via transmission: but this requires immediate attention. We'll need this resolved ASAP. SD, you are to hold all my transmissions: unless they be from Raziel or Merrick. Do not reply to them, you are only to record them. Get that astromech droid in here if need be."

Rizzit took the holotape out of its player and dashed off towards the exit. He wanted to get to the barracks as soon as he could. Merrick played a dual role in the army: Assistant to the Prefect of course, but at the same time was the Squad Leader for Jester Squad. Therefore, Merrick resided in the Barracks so that she could be close to her troopers. Rizzit knew better than to disturb Merrick if she was doing something: he might not get the words out in time to tell her that this was an emergency. He couldn't risk waiting though: they were on a time limit whether they realized it or not. It probably would have saved time to contact her in a transmission, but Rizzit was the type that liked to deal with things in person if at all possible. THAT, and&he still wanted his "stroll outside".

About a half an hour later...
Merrick was sitting at her desk, going through the usual piles of paperwork for General Fury. She didn't often get a chance to do much else these days, and she sorely missed having a functional squad and getting into, and out of, trouble.

Rizzit nearly took a blaster bolt to the head as he burst into her office unannounced. "Afternoon Rizzit, what can I do for you?" She lowered the blaster back into its holster as she spoke.

"We've got something of an emergency. When is the last time you saw Fury?"

Merrick shrugged. "Last errand he left on, I saw him off as usual. He's failed to make contact for two days, but that's not entirely unusual. Whysat?"

Rizzit appeared to think for a moment before replying. "Here, watch this." He handed over the holotape and watched as Merrick listened to the message.

"Well, that is certainly interesting to say the least. What's the plan?" She handed him back the tape.

"Well first of all we have to meet with the council to decide what course of action to take. I'll get Raziel in on it too."

Merrick thought for a moment. "What about Peacemaker? Isn't he above me in the pecking order around here?"

Rizzit nodded. "Yeah. But he's uh.. missing.. I am told. Has been for some months. I guess no one really noticed."

Merrick chuckled quietly. "Alright, just tell me where and when this meeting is to be and I'll be there." Rizzit nodded and headed off, she assumed to figure out a few more details.

Later in the day, Rizzit returned. That eager expression was on his face, similar to a child getting a new toy; yet at the same time retaining the seriousness of the matter. Merrick took one look at him, and was trying very hard not to say anything insulting. "Well, you've calmed down to say the least. Where've you been? The local bar?"

"Well...uh...yeah. We're all set and ready to go. I managed to contact Kadann on the Atrus and he's approved the use of three squads to get this done. You're squad doesn't have much, so you're welcome to bring them along as part of whatever squad you command."

"I'm commanding a squad?" Merrick asked not so much in shock, but surprised to say the least.

"Yes. Between you, Raziel, and myself: we are to each select a squad and assist them by taking lead of the group. Raz has to go along with Iron Horse because he's a member anyways: so he's going to be inserted in there. That leaves us with Dark Dragoons and Wraiths. I'll let you pick which one you want." Rizzit replied smugly.

"I'll take Wraiths. You take the Dragoons: I don't think I have the patience for dealing with being in or on a vehicle."

"Fine by me." Rizzit replied. He was about to leave, when he remembered that he forgot a major piece of information.

"Am I keeping you from something? You seem to be in a rush." Merrick asked in her usual sarcastic tone.

Rizzit sighed.  "No, I'm just in a hurry to get going on this mission. Time is wasting, and Gaspr is waiting for a reply. He's not going to get it mind you: but I want to get in there before he decides to begin the torturing. Fury's a tough man and all, but I fear for what the bounty hunter might to do him."

Merrick nodded. "So, what did you come back to tell me? I know you're not sticking around for fun."

"Oh yes, Raiders may be dropped from the dominion if their assistance is needed. It's unlikely that we will need it between the three squads: however, it's always good to have plan B. The ships will be loaded up with the equipment soon. Raz and I are going up in The Starfire, and you're welcome to join us. I'd rather have humans than droids pilot my yacht anyways."

"No, I'll go up on my own. If I decide to take them Frog and Kiara can come too."

"Allright.  I gotta go inform the squads of the mission. Raz is at the base packing the equipment that we need. We meet on the dominion in one hour. I'll see you then." Rizzit said as he dashed off again. This time: towards the turbo lift rather than the elevator.

Exactly one hour later aboard the ISSD Dominion&.

Troopers filed into the briefing room where Rizzit was waiting for them along with Merrick and Raziel. Rizzit took care not to inform the squads what kind of mission they were going on, so that it wouldn't upset them or delay their arrival. When everyone had finally gotten situated into the room: Rizzit began to speak.

"Greetings and thank you for coming on such short notice. I'm sorry for the rush, but we have an important mission for you today. Before we get started, let me play this holo-transmission that was received earlier." Rizzit said as he inserted the holotape into the Briefing Room's Projector, and the image of the cloaked Dal-Se Gaspr appeared before everyone. Rizzit watched as the troopers expressions went from curious to shocked, and then from shocked to horrified. When the message had finished playing, the once silent room had turned to frantic murmuring.

"I know you're all upset, but if you'll all quiet down I will explain our plan of insertion to Bimmisaari." Rizzit said as he nodded to Raziel solemnly. At this time, the Platoon Adjutant walked around the room handing out data pads to everyone in the room. While Raziel did this: Rizzit went on to speak. "If you'll notice on the data pads that are being passed out: they are trooper-specific. I have given you all specific instructions to our mission. The first part of the Datapads is all the same. They contain the planetary information of the planet Bimmisaari. This information is for you to go over at your liege. Take note that although the planet's wishes are to remain neutral: they are courted by the republic. Therefore, we have to expect a good deal of resistance from New Republic forces. Surface scans show no indications of a New Republic base, but there is a number of run-down factories that would serve as an ideal base to a bounty hunter. The bimms are a peaceful race, but they have allowed the New Republic presence. So wherever the bounty hunter is, you're probably looking at a heavily-reinforced base by the New Republic. I'll tell you now: this bounty hunter doesn't strike me as someone with ties to the Republic. I'm guessing that he's a mercenary that was hired because they wanted the job done right. Now, if you will all be so kind as to scroll down on your datapads: you'll notice I've included the Squad Missions too. The Wraiths Squad is going to insert themselves into the base, and attempt to rescue our beloved Prefect. Meanwhile, Iron Horse and Dark Dragoons are going to team up and take out the perimeter defenses. Wraiths: you will have the most important job. Your first objective is to rescue Fury. After he's safe (or before if the opportunity presents) you are to ensure that the bounty hunter is either captured or killed. I will warn you though: if you capture him, I will end up killing him. So you decide who wants to kill him and be done with it. Those of you engaged with the perimeter defenses: once they are cleared a number of you are going to be asked to dismount your equipment and head inside the base. Your job is to ease Fury's escape by clearing out any and all forces possible. Check your datapads for exact details on who's doing what. You will also note on the pads that by order of the High Command: the three of us will be accompanying your SLs to share command of the groups. Merrick will be joining in with the Wraiths. Raziel is in Iron Horse anyways: so he'll be helping out there. Dragoons: I'm afraid you're stuck with me. So:with that being said: let's move out!"

When Rizzit had finished his speech, awe and confusion was ever-present in the room. A few of the newer troopers even had their jaws dropped. This was to be expected, even in Rizzit's mind he had wondered how a man such as Fury with all of his experience had been captured even by the most respected bounty hunter. One thing was for sure: they'd put all of their effort into this mission. Someone doesn't just kidnap the Prefect and walk off lightly. This bounty hunter had his days numbered!

OOC: If you all check your e-mails, the contents of the e-mails are what the contents of your datapads in the story would be.

-----------------------
Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/MAJ
Rizzit/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
TRN/AC Rizzit/Trainee 2/Training Sect/VEDJ/VE
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited April 10, 2005 10:51:07 PM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1528
Total Posts:  3342
  RE: Let's Get Our Prefect Back
April 11, 2005 4:43:30 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Yawning stifly as the shuttle dropped out of hyperspace over Tadath, Angel couldn't help but wonder why Rizzit was disturbing his retirement. He had been perfectly content with his decision to leave Raiders and devote his time to the Order.

Fate...as it always seemed...had a different plan in mind for the Dark Knight.

Recently returned from a lengthy mission for the Order, Angel had hoped to finally have some sort of quiet repose from the seemingly endless grind of missions and fighting.

No sooner had he and Kami settled into their old routine, then the call came in. Raziel had gathered the Army's Dark Jedi who had been called upon to return to Tadath: Otto Vox, Kami, Angel and his apprentice Virius, and informed them that a mission of special importance had developed, and their specific presences had been requested.

So here he found himself, waking up from a short nap, on final approach to the landing bay on board the Dominion. At first he had assumed he would be rejoining the Raiders...but Cyanus' mysterious absence from the list left him wondering as to where exactly he would be returning to...

His questions were answered in the briefing.

*                                                  *                                                        *

Finally... Jesper Perenz thought to himself. Finally someone recognized my talent...

The message had come earlier in the day to the Army regular's barrack; his presence had been requested by the highest authority to join the fabled Iron Horse Squad, once considered the elite stormtroopers of the Vast Empire, on a mission of dire importance. Platoon Commander Major Rizzit himself was the author behind the message, making another of his long awaited dreams come true.

I hope all the stories about him are true...

The other troops at the barracks, while insanely jealous of Jesper's opportunity in the big show, offered words of encouragment and support, telling him to "Give those Republic bastards hell!" And of course to "not get himself killed."

The latter of the two had more appeal to his already nervous mind, and the secrecy surrounding the mission served only to heighten that sense. As he took his seat in the briefing room, he watched as a group of five - four men and one woman - entered the auditorium and split, assuming their respective seats. Jesper found the woman extremely attractive, his gaze wandering over to her on more than one occaision.

At one such moment, as his eyes involuntarily moved towards the dark haired beauty, he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end...and his eyes met the bright amber gaze of the man sitting next to the mysterious woman.  A voice filled his mind, followed by a quick pinch at his side.

"Look someplace else bub."

Fate... as it always seemed... liked to play games with Jesper, as he learned that not only would he be joining the bright eyes man's squad, but he was charged with the transport of the Army Prefect's assitant...the especially dangerous looking Platoon Sergeant Merrick...

"Iron Horse huh?" Angel said aloud. Raising an eyebrow towards Kami he asked. "You wouldn't know anything about this would you?"

"Of course not." She replied, big smile spreading across her face. "Although it was definitely a surprise...and one I'm altogether pleased about." Threading her fingers between his she scrolled through her datapad with her free hand.

"Guess its time to make Iron Horse a family tradition." Angel muttered absently as he too, used his free hand to scroll through his orders. "So who's this new guy...Jesper?"

"No clue." Kami replied, tapping a few keys. "Says here he's been called up from the regulars to cover the extra transportation needed with Jester coming along."

Scanning the room, Angel's eyes fell upon the man he had noticed earlir... "Great, we get the green farm boy fresh out of the academy."

"Well it could be worse." A familiar voice said, approaching the two Iron Horse members. "How was retirement Jikkyo?"

"Well it was STARTING to be everything I hoped....until this came up."

"Yeah I'm sorry about that. But we needed a full squad, and I figured since Jubei served with Iron Horse that you'd jump at the chance to walk in his footsteps." Rizzit replied, nodding to Raziel, who was motioning for him. "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you, that with you and Raz being my most experienced troops driving these tanks...to you know...watch out for the new kids."

"I'm not going to babysit them Rizz." Angel replied coldly.

"I wasn't asking you to. Just try and get them all home alive."

Sighing Angel resigned himself to his fate. "I'll do my best."

"GREAT! Now if you'll just excuse me, Raz is trying to get my attention."

As the Major walked away, Angel let out the groan he had been holding. "Why meeee..."

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]= Iron Horse Squad
TRP/SGT Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] {BoA}
------------------------
=[Dark Knight of the Sith]= Eagle Sect
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle =1-1/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen [VP:1]

------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
The circle is now complete.
The Angel of Death has returned.
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited April 11, 2005 6:41:17 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  314
Total Posts:  1338
April 11, 2005 12:17:36 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  It had only been a few days since Kairo and his squad had finished their last mission, when they received an urgent message from Rizzit to go to a meeting. Yillis had healed up and the rest of the squad had recovered. Kairo had been resting in the barracks lounge, when he received the message. "We don't seem to get any breaks. Four days and we're already heading out."

Kairo made it to the meeting a few minutes early. Once he had arrived he sat down and waited. Giovanni arrived shortly and sat down next to him asking, "Any idea what this is about?"

"No clue. We'll found out shortly." A few minutes past and the everyone else arrived. As Rizzit started his briefing, Kairo felt his emotions shift between shock and wonder. 'How in the name of stars and planets could anyone capture Fury?' He looked around and saw the newest members of the squads faces show thier bewilderment. Until now they had seen Fury as the invicible leader of the Vast Empire's Army. Now they had to come to grips with the fact that they were all susceptible to danger. Even the most powerfully portected. Once Rizzit had finished, Kairo called all the DarkDragoons members over to him and looked at his datapad.

After everyone had formed near him, and he had looked over his objectives, Kairo explained, "We'll be using At-Sts for this mission. Some of us are more suited for this action. You have all been paired with someone to help you manage your walker. You will have to decide who will drive it and who will opperate the weapons. I would advise the more experienced person to manage the movements." As Kairo finished, he saw Rizzit walk over to Raziel. "We all ready packed out equipment, so look over your objectives again, study the environment, and find who your going to be partnered with. You should go over some strategie while we are in transit."

As the members of the DarkDragoons moved around to find their respective team mates, Kairo heard Rizzit say, "Ok everyone. Our transport ship is ready. Everyone head to the docking bay. Time is our enemy on this one." Everyone in the meeting room filed out and headed for the transport.

About ten minutes later, all the squads had all moved onboard the transport and taken their seats that had their equipment under it. Rizzit and Merrick had gone to the cockpit to tell the pilot to take off. A few minutes later, the transport lifted off the docking bay floor and headed for Bimmisaari

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited April 11, 2005 12:22:30 AM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  402
Total Posts:  635
April 11, 2005 3:00:37 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall walked over to the AT-ST inside of the transport as it lifted off of the ground.  Another trooper came prancing over to Squall's area.  He looked as if this mission didn't bother him one bit.

"You must be one of the boys they sent in to help me out.  Well I don't need anyone," said Squall as he adressed the PFC walking up to him.

"You'll need me if you want to get anywhere.  I read your file, you have never even touched an At-ST."

Squall hesitated for a moment, "W-Well, I haven't got around to that yet.  I am a Combat Engineer, not a Vehicle Crewman."

"Of course, I knew that already.  We should be arriving at Bimmisaari within the hour."

"Well, I'll don't have to introduce myself, you seem to know everything about me already," said Squall.  "Who are you?"

"I am Casel Hirel.  Assigned here from the 53rd Hammerhead Squad."

"Well, its nice to meet you Casel.  We should make a great team here in this mission," said Squall.  "How well can you really drive a walker?"

Casel started telling Squall how well he could drive a walker just as the transport shot into hyperspace.  The who men conversed about the matter, and kept talking to eachother, trying to understand one anothers point of view.

"All troops, get your equipment ready.  We will be coming out of hyperspace any moment.  Be sure to get your minds together, we need to get our man out of there," said Rizzit

Everyone got to their posts at their walkers.  Squall grabbed his rifle and his grenades, and the rest of his pack, along with is datapad, and climbed up into the AT-ST.  Casel arrived a few minutes later, prepped, and ready to go.  He started up the AT-ST, and a screen came to life.  Squall stuck his head out of the top of the AT-ST and waved over at Gio.  Gio waved back with a smirk on his face.

All of the other AT-ST's came to life, their legs moving a few inches off of the ground.  The stars stopped spinning from the outside of the transport, and the planet emerged.  Bimmisaari.

Squall sat down inside the walker, and grabbed the radio.

"Gio, we gonna meet up later after we get outside the base?"

"Of course Squall, I wouldn't miss it," he chuckled.

(EDIT:  Changed time period to 17 hours)

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
----------------------
TRP/LCPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI]
[This message has been edited by Kadann (edited April 12, 2005 10:34:26 PM)]
Kiara Blackstar
ComNet n00b

Kiara Blackstar

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  17
Total Posts:  41
April 11, 2005 6:03:42 PM    View the profile of Kiara Blackstar 
'One, Two, Three, ONE! One, Two, Three, TWO! One, Two, Three, THREE! One...'

Ah, morning PT. Damn, this is fun. Up, down, up, down. Too bad the rest of these chimps can't do it, thought Kiara Blackstar. Private Blackstar did the pushups to the steady beat that all the troopers were calling out in unison. Another faceless sargent was running the morning physical fitness today. Not the one from yesterday or the one from the day before that. Just another faceless, drone of a sargent. At least it was going well today. After this would be the regular five kilometer run and then a shower before heading off to todays duty station. No one had pointed out that Kiara was female...like yesterday. Now that was a good fight. No, today was another quiet day of training and most likely cleaning the office...again. They train you and train you at Cardia, but once your out they put you to work doing a droids job. Why the hell would my training be wasted on such a mind numbing task? And I didn't even throw the first punch!

'One, Two, Three, TWENTY-ONE! One, Two...'

After all, the reason you make a cleaning droid is because you expect it to be put to use. Why waste human effort on doing the same job when that time is better spent in the armory, on the range or in the pits?

'One, Two, Three, THIRTY-SEVEN! One, Two, Three, THIRTY-EIGHT! One...'

An army garrison trooper, probablys todays watch sargent, walks up to the training sargent and hands him a peice of hardcopy. Up, down, up down. The training sargent starts to read whatever is on the hardcopy and his face becomes cross. Up, down, up, down. The sargent starts to scan the group of fresh from Cardia troops like he lost something.

'One, Two, Three, FIFTY-EIGHT! One...'

"All right, you pieces of bantha dung, start your run. Private Jennings will lead, AND YOU HAD BETTER MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE WHOLE THING! Blackstar, front and center!" the training sargent screamed. He had gone from cross to angry in three seconds flat. Kiara runs up to the sargent and stands before him at attention.
    "Private Blackstar, you are ordered to report to your squad bay with all haste, clean up and await further orders from your squad leader. Do you understand?"
    "Sir, yes, sir!"
    "Dismissed, Private!"
    "Sir, yes, sir!"
    Kiara turned to leave and double-timed it to Jester squad's squad bay. No one else was inside at the time so she dumped her work out towel and water bottle into her locker and got a clean towel for her shower. After a quick clean-up, Kiara put on her duty uniform and sat at the sole computer console in her squad room. Good thing there are only three active Jesters. This private billet is kinda nice. Of all the messages on the terminal, only one was worth anything. She deletes all the other messages, but before she could read it, her comm came to life.

"Private Blackstar, report in your ST gear to the ISSD Dominion. A shuttle leaves in exactly three-zero minutes. The rest of Jester Squad has already been informed. Sargent Merrick, out."
    Kiara quickly changed into her armor, grabbed her utility belt and headed for the armory. After picking up her troopers complement, she hurried to the shuttle and found a place to stand among the many other troopers and military personel. She spots her ASL among the group and signals a 'good to go' to him. Frog signals back and they wait as the shuttle leaves the planets surface and cruises to the Dominion.
    After siting throught the briefing, Kiara finds the rest of Jester. Slipping through the mass of soldiers was not easy in armor, but Kiara maages to get to Merrick and Frog. After a quick salute Merrick addresses them both.
    "We will be in orbit of Bimmisaari soon. We need to head down to the launch bay and pair off with the tanks we are riding in. You know what you are carrying and what needs done. If you get a clean shot at the bouty hunter, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, hesitate to fire. He messed with us and now he needs to learn creatures that mess with the VE don't live long. Remeber we need to get in quietly, but we get to leave with a bang. Kiara, did you get the grenades?"
    "Yes, sir, both frag and high explosive. I also grabbed a couple of satchel charges to leave as a parting gift."
    "Good. In that case we can move out."
    Down in the launch bay, Jester squad paired off with the the tanks of Iron Horse and waited for the order to go. After waiting for what seemed like hours, the order came and Iron Horse squad was launched for the surface. After a rough landing the tanks of Iron Horse were rolling towards the target.
              And all that was going through Pfc. Blackstars mind was, Rifle up, head down, elbow up, target down...up, down, up, down...one, two, three, one, one, two, three, two...

-----------------------
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
     -Code of the Sith

JESTER SQUAD
TRP/PFC Blackstar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [LoR]
Merrick
ComNet Member

Merrick

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  354
Total Posts:  659
April 11, 2005 7:07:54 PM    View the profile of Merrick 
Merrick sat, deep in thought. She knew that Fury liked to travel without his personal sercurity detachment, but she never thought he'd get captured. He was no stranger to combat and always seemed to be able to take care of himself. She sighed. As far as the other two were concerned, the bounty hunter was to be shot on sight. But that was only because she didn't want either of them getting hurt or killed trying to capture him. If it came down to her against the hunter, she'd capture him. She was pretty sure Fury would be pleased about torturing the guy later on, once they got home. He might even let her do the actual torturing while he asked the questions.

Merrick took out her axe and inspected it closely. It had been quite some time since she'd been in combat, but had kept all her weapons in excellent condition.. just in case. For this mission, she'd decided to leave the rifles at home and bring just the axe and her two sidearms. Plus a few grenades. With any luck, they'd be out of there nice and fast. The rifles weighed too much, and at least until they had Fury back, the aim was stealth. She grinned and replaced the axe.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/SFC Merrick/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CotE][SoA][CoH]
Verastinian Republic
-----------------------
To thy protection fear and sorrow flee, and those that weary are of light find rest in thee.
If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  724
Total Posts:  948
April 11, 2005 7:27:04 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi never one to let all his weapons be packed away by someone else sat across from Virus servicing his Timbique Edition Zues rifle.

"Rather interesting rifle you have there."  Virus commented.

"Indeed.  A shot from this only needs to come within three meters of a human and the compression wave from the slug will kill them if they have no protective gear on.  With an armor piercing round and a bit of luck I can tear the motive units out of the bottom of an AT-AT with a full clip."  Kuroishi commented back.

"Where did you get it?"  Virus asked trying to pass the time.

"The battle torn capital of Eridani after holding back several divisions of New Republic mechanized forces with a couple regiments of mixed troops.  Only half of my command that day needed to be carried off.  Being a gunsmith for these slug throwers I learned to make backups for whenever I lost one."  Kuroishi answered.

"So why do they call you Kuroishi?"  Virus continued on.

"Well I guess the easiest way to put it is that I am quite frankly more evil then Daishi.  Back at the Varneck Royal Military acadamy everything they taught us was about facing superior numbers in battle.  I was a damn good marine.  They started calling me Daishi.  Then there was that experiment.  To diferentiat myself I am Kuroishi and my otherself is Daishi.  Neither one of us knows which is the clone.  Funniest damn prank we ever pulled on those scientists."  Kuroishi answered.

"So how should we do this?"  Lukas spoke up from next to Kuroishi.

"Send the droppers in fifty meters off the deck at full speed dropping shock troops with repulser lift belts.  By the time they can raise an alarm we'd be right in the thick of them busting skulls."  Kuroishi replied.

"Well we're dropping with AT-ST's so that's no good."  Lukas said as he pondered the tactic.

"Then I'd say we'd need to be dropped off about ten clicks from the base, proceed on foot dodgin patrols, call in the walkers to punch a door open for us then do our thing.  Anyone remember to requisition a burlap sack for this?"  Kuroishi countered as he cleaned a smudge off his rifle.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Described as Psychoticly Depraved
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Avatar by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
"It's not what I'm on it's what I'm NOT on."-far as I know me
"Now equiped with Swiss Army Lightsaber!"
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited April 12, 2005 3:13:25 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  227
Total Posts:  1305
April 11, 2005 11:26:19 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni closed the top hatch and settled into his seat. He flicked a series of switches and his gun came online. He smiled and then turned his head to see if Zafo had yet arrived.

"Yo Zafo!," Giovanni yelled as he shot imaginary targets from his seat adjacent to the gun turret. No response. A second later he heard heavy steps on the AT-ST's metal floor, and a familiar voice flooded the compartment.

"This is your Captain speaking." It was Zafo.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, as I guarantee this will be a bumpy ride. If at any time during our trip you should feel a bit queasy, carefully aim for the window to your left. Emergency Exits? There are None. So you better show off those shooting skills, my friend. Either that or get real aquainted to that gun, real quick."

"No problem there Zafo," Gio retorted. "If its got a trigger, I can work with it."

"Well in that case lets begin the system checks. Make yourself comfortable... This isnt exactly a short trip around the block."

Giovanni stretched out his arms and leaned back in his chair. He set his helmet down on his lap, and crossed his legs over.

Waaay ahead of you...

The Lance Corporal went through every outcome possible in his mind. Hopefully the New Republic wouldnt catch him by surprise.

His eyes still closed, Gio grabbed the Radio and called up Squall.

"How's AT-ST driver's Ed going for ya?"

"I think im getting it... Then again, I dunno..." Squall responded.

"Heh. Good thing I'm with Zafo. I have complete trust in his piloting abilities."

The AT-ST stumbled and shook to life, startling Giovanni into dropping his radio.

The Radio was on the floor. A faint voice could be heard. It was Squall's.

You were saying?

Giovanni chuckled.

"Everything alright up there Zafo?" He asked.

"Yeah, this walker seems to be operable." Zafo responded.

Giovanni sighed, stretched his arms, and leaned back into his seat once again. He checked his equipment, and checked and rechecked his rifle and pistol. No surprises.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Lance Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/LCPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited April 13, 2005 10:33:14 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Expert

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1752
April 12, 2005 11:32:23 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: You all can post again. Problem solved.

Rizzit walked off the transport last with Kurioshi, Virius, Kairo Merrick, their assistants and Raziel. The eight of them were discussing in further detail the plan that was to proceed. They had of course spoken through much of the 17 hour trip that it took to get them here, but now was the time to discuss last-minute things that would otherwise have to be talked about over transmission lines which could be intercepted.

"Remember..."Rizzit reminded them in that familiar tone of voice. "Keep radio communication to a minimum for the time being. I'd like to try not to let them know we're here until it's too late."

The reaction he got was nothing less than he expected. The usual silent nods, followed by them saying "agreed". The small group was a bit more serious than usual: this was to be expected. After all, they were fighting against time to get their beloved Prefect out of danger and back home on Tadath where he belonged. When it was apparent that each of the commanders knew what they had to do, they wished each other luck, and went to meet up with their groups. In this case, they were all headed in the same general direction: all groups were gathered by the vehicles, getting ready to move out.

Not having noticed before, due to Rizzit's attention being focued on the confrence. Rizzit noticed two AT-STs moving around as if they were doing laps around an arena. One of the walkers was moving in precise movements, as was expected of the Vehicle Crewmen of the DarkDragoons. The other walker was struggling to walk, and was wobbling a great deal as it moved. It might fall over at any minute. Rizzit and Kairo exchanged looks, and apparently the other commanders followed suit. Squall Rizzit thought to himself. Kairo pulled Yillis aside and asked what was going on.

"Squall and the new guy needed to work on driving a walker and decided to get some practice in." Yillis replied, trying not to laugh.

"And the other?" Rizzit asked, jumping into the conversation.

"Well, Gio and Zafo I'm assuming got started to give Squall an idea of what he's doing wrong."

Rizzit rolled his eyes. "Heck, anyone can tell when the walker's ready to fall over you're doing it wrong." He then turned to Kairo. "He's your nightmare: what you want to do about it?"

Kairo shot Rizzit that look of kindess that was almost a regular thing nowadays, and simply replied "He's getting the hang of it. Don't worry: he'll be fine."

"He better be Kairo. In the meantime, let's do some scouting around."

"On foot?"

"Sure. We both just gotta grow about 15 feet taller." Rizzit said in his usual sarcastic tone. Wether the joke was truly funny, or people just needed to let off some stress by laughing, Rizzit's sarcasm earned him a few laughs from the commanders and troopers. "Then we can go stomping around the city without problem." Rizzit continued. "Obviously, we're taking an AT-ST: now let's get a move on!"

By now, Kairo and most of the Platoon had come to realize that Rizzit had a sense of humor and liked to bring it out when possible. This was one of those times, in an attempt to lighten up a serious situation. People need a good laugh sometimes, even if the joke isn't overly funny. At least the mood is lightened, especially in cases like these where there is many a chance for great tragedies to occur. Rizzit thought to himself as he and Kairo headed over towards their walker.

-----------------------
Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/MAJ
Rizzit/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited April 12, 2005 11:32:54 PM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1540
April 13, 2005 1:56:42 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel hated deep space jumps. The seemingly endless hyperspace jumps had a tendancy to make him stir crazy....until he joined the Order that is. After Kami had gone off with Raziel and Virius to begin planning the tactics IH would use for mission, Angel spent most of his time in meditation. Isolting himself from the world around him, Angel centered himself with the Force. His senses dimmed, then gave way to a completely different one.... While in meditation, he could pick up and distinguish any familiar presence on board the transport. Stretching his perceptions to their limit, he began to feel the emotions emanating from those he had a close enough bond with.

He could of course feel Kami's excitement, and Virius' steely determination. Raziel gave off an aura of extreme calm, not atypical for him. He brushed the distinctly alien mind of Varron, the trandoshan a pent up ball of rage ready to be unleashed on the nearest target. The ever level headed JR moved somewhere behind him, inspecting the exterior of his own tank.

After the meditation had run its full cycle, Angel came back to the consciousness.

"Am I interrupting?" A strangely familiar voice said behind him.

Smiling, Angel turned and replied. "Not at all Otto, just getting ready. We almost there?"

"We touched down about 5 minutes ago."

Sighing, Angel nodded and slowly went through the powerup sequence for his TX-130S repulsor tank. Lights went from red to green across the board as the whine of repulsorlifts began to fill the transports hanger bay.

Rizzit's voice crackled over the comm-systems, "Keep radio chatter to a minimum, we want to hold off being noticed for as long as possible." A barrage of com-clicks answered the Platoon Commander's orders.

As the final lights turned green, indicating the laser cannons had powred up and the missile launchers had finished their readiness check, Angel flipped the comm system over to Iron Horse's designated frequency. Then a presence blossomed into Angel's mind as it entered the hanger bay. Following it to its destination, he sent a quick message through the Force.

Be careful out there...

You watch my back I'll watch yours, kay? Kami answered back.

Yes ma'am

Will you two knock it off already? A third voice added in.

Sorry Raz, private conversation Angel sent back.

Two voices chuckled through the static of the comm system, drawing a response from Virius. "OK Horsey's settle down. Let's hit them hard and fast, drop our packages and set up a perimeter. Try and save your concussion missiles in case big targets appear. All tanks check in.

One by one the horses checked in, reporting green lights across the board. Angel followed suit, "This is IH-5, showing hot and ready to go." Two new voices added into the answers, as the recently promoted regulars checked in.

Virius ordered them to switch back to the main channel chosen for the assault then announced. "Command, this is IH-1, squad is ready to go."

Rizzit's voice replied, "Iron Horse, commence operation. Good hunting out there."

-----------------------
TRP/SGT Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] {BoA}
------------------------

------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited April 14, 2005 3:35:19 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  730
April 13, 2005 6:52:19 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi analyzied the available maps.

"If I were more concerned about a stealth retrieval I'd use this old factory in grid Delta 4.  A smash and grab I'd use this refinery in grid Nu 8.  Of course these maps are out of date and I could be off because something has changed but with the information I have that's the way I see it."  Kuroishi muttered mostly to himself.

"Why the factory if he's worried about a stealth approach?"  Lukas asked as he started studying the maps.

"The terrain is flat and open.  Orbital surveliance did confirm the factory is still there but it also showed that there is nothing growing within 20 clicks.  There's nothing to hide our approach.  We'd be spotted and Fury likely killed before we even got a klick.  The refinery quite simply is a death trap if we go in guns blazing.  It's filled with several storage areas of voliatile chemicals.  Both are well suited to be bases.  Of course he could be hiding in any of a dozen different positions."  Kuroishi answered the first question and anticipated the next two.

"So where do we strike?"  Lukas pondered.

"Where the big wigs tell us to.  The bounty hunter likely knows we are here but he probably as yet does not know we are the VEA out to get Fury back.  When he figures it out we find out if this is an elaborate trap or if we're going to be short one Prefect."  Kuroishi answered.

"The bounty hunter is not NR affiliated as far as we can tell so why would he be setting a trap?"  Lukas tried to grasp what Kuroishi was getting at.

Kuroishi silently withdrew a datapad and inserted a data disk and handed it to Lukas Yuy.

"What am I looking for?"  Lukas asked as he scrolled through a list of what appeared to be bounties.

"Top of the list.  Accurate as of yesterday."  Kuroishi answered.

"Robert Lee.  Wanted Dead or Alive.  Sixty billion credits."  Lukas Yuy read aloud.

"You'll find General Fury's bounty is significantly smaller.  It happens when you lead a squad of thirteen people that can capture entire battallions and we had a tendancy to do quite gruesome things with our foes.  Earned us a few war crimes."  Kuroishi explained.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  316
April 13, 2005 7:09:46 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  With Rizzit slightly infront of him, Kairo walked over to the their At-St while keeping an eye on the rampaging walker Squall was controlling. 'What in the world is he doing. It shouldn't be that hard to move one foot forward and then the other. I wonder if Squall or his team mate is the one driving.' As they approached their walker, Kairo stated to Rizzit, "I think I should be the one in control of the movements. It only makes sense since I am trained in that area."

"Your right." Rizzit stated as he started to climb up the At-St. Speaking over his shoulder he said, "Just means I won't have to hassle with those controls. Plus get opperate the weapons controls."

Rizzit opened the hatch on top of the At-St and entered. Kairo reached the top of the At-St and glanced around. Almost all of the DD members had entered their walkers and started the power up sequences. IH and Wraiths had entered their tanks. "You coming or not?" Rizzit's voice emebated from incide the walker.

"Yeah," Kairo responded, entering the walkers cockpit. Settling into the vehicles controls, he started up the walker. Data-screen blinked to life and the familiar hum of the power core started. Glancing out the window, he saw a walked almost collide with a tree as it tried to move around. "Can I transmit a quick message to Squall?"

"Make it short. I want to try to have as little com-traffic as possible.

Opening a channel to the stagering walker, Kairo asked, "Who is driving over there, and what are you doing?"

"This is Casel Hirel, and I am trying to get this thing to move properly. Who is asking?" a voice stated. Another voice interupted yelling, "Watch where your going. You almost collided with another tree. I thought you said you could opperate one of these things."

'Well atleast Squalls not driving.' Turning to the transmitter, Kairo said, "This is Kairo. SL of the squad you have been added to for this mission. From what I can see, you are riding your left legs controls too much and your steps should be more in tandum. Try to relax and just move one foot forward and then the next foot forward, while maintaining a steady throtle."

After a few more wobbly steps, the struggling At-St seemed to pick up a better pace. "Thank you, sir." Squalls voice came through. "I thought I was going to die without even being in combat."

"Very well." Kairo cut the transmission, turning back to the displays. The At-St was in the green and primed to head out.

"That was pretty quick of you to see what he was doing wrong. You might have the makings of a teacher." Rizzit teased while checking on all the weapons diagnostices.

"Not hardly. If I had to do that all day, I would either kill myself or them. I just didn't want to have to worry about a roving walker that might crash into us. I'm sending out another transmission." Kairo stated starting to move the walker forward. Switching to the DD's com-channel, he said, "Ok. Your looking ok out there. You have a little more time to practice. Stay with the IH tanks. Once we start to move out, I want us to from a spread out, forminga  ring around the IH tanks. Even though they don't need the portection, it would be better if we got hit first since they are carrying Wraiths. So form a perimeter around them, but make sure you can still see the IH tanks. I don't want any of us to get lost." Swithing off the transmitter, Kairo said, "Time for things to get interesting. I hope we don't have to deal with much until we reach the base. How do you think Fury could have gotten captured?"

"I can only guess. I have many possible solutions to that questions, but no actuall fact. Weapons check out. Time for me to relax until I'm actually needed." Rizzit smiled, leaning back in his chair.

'Too bad I'm the one who knows how to operate a walker nicely,' Kairo thought, moving the gaint machine into the surrounding area. "Where to Rizz?"

"Like I said before: let's do some scouting."

"Will do." Kairo moved the walker away from the recovery group, as some of the walkers and tanks finished doing their diagnostic checks. Kairo increased his speed and moved over a small hill. Coming down on the other side, he entered a small patch of trees. Kaior took a quick glance at Rizzit, who was at his display fixing the targeting settings to his preference. Returning his attention back outside, Kairo seamlessly moved the walker to the right, bypassing a tree. Looking down at his display, he saw a small blip appear. "Hmh?"

"What is it?" Rizzit enquired.

"Not sure. Just a small blip. Probably just an animal, but is could be a forward scout. We should check it out anyways." Answered Kairo, changing directions toward where the small heat signature had appeared on his map disaplay. Abruptly a large native animal of Bimmasaari rushed out of a nearby patch of trees and rushed under the walkers legs. As the animal ran between the legs, Kairo calmed himself so he wouldn't accidentaly twitch at the controls and hit the startled animal. "False alarm. There doesn't seem to be anything in this direction. I'm going to loop back to our landing area." Turning to his right, Kairo started to make a long loop back to the landing zone.

"So.." Kairo started, letting the word drag out. "How much of a resistance are we expecting?"

"The bounty hunter's base's defences will probably not be too hard to destroy. Once Wraiths get inside though, we will have to hold the perimeter against any and all NR forces that come at us." Rizzit responded.

"Interesting." Kairo mulled as he came out of the small forest, continuing his loop back to the rest of the group.
-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited April 13, 2005 8:46:21 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Expert

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1763
April 13, 2005 11:30:23 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Upon coming out of the forest, the blip re-appeared on the screen again. This, no doubt: was the same blip as spotted before. Peering out of the walker, Rizzit could see a few buildings. He wasn't entirely sure how big they were, seeing as how they were still far away. The blip disappeared again. Kairo looked over at Rizzit: he looked worried.

"Um, Rizz: what's wrong?" Kairo asked. "You look sick."

"I'm fine. Turn this thing around." Rizzit said as fast as he could get the words out of his mouth.

"Why?" Asked a puzzled Kairo. "We just got out of the forest.

"Just do it!" Rizzit ordered. "That blip was no animal. It was a scout. He's returned to base. I don't want them doing a search and finding an AT-ST just wandering around in the forest edge. Let's get back to the others. We're running out of time."

Time....that was one thing Rizzit wish his group had more of: they all did. It was only a matter of time before Fury's torturing began. It was only a matter of time before the group was found out to be on the planet. Now it seemed that it would only be a matter of time before Kairo and Rizzit's walker was not only identified, but chased down. Time was running out in all cases, they needed to accelerate their plans. Rizzit hoped he was wrong about the scout, but as both he and Kairo knew: luck was not on their side.

The AT-ST moved clumsily along through the forest. Kairo was in a rush, and therefore was being rather hasty at the controls. At one point, the walker almost tripped over a log on the forest floor. The distance was misjudged, and the walker started to lose its balance similar to Squall's walker back at base. The only diffrence was: both legs were unstable in this situation. It looked like the walker was really going to fall forward, when Kairo finally regained control over the walker.

"Well, one thing's for sure:" Kairo said, wiping the sweat from his face. "My bumbling got us out of the forest quicker."

Rizzit nodded and said nothing. He knew it was an accident, and didn't want to criticize something that he could do no better. He was trained as a scout, not a Vehicle Crewman. He could operate a walker well enough, but would probably never regain control due to lack of experience in the field. After all, it had been ages since Raiders Squad used walkers, and it seemed like ages since he was a Squad Leader. Either way, it was a long time since Rizzit had driven a walker.Sometimes, I wish I was back there....he thought to himself. at least then I was--"

"Rizz? You there?" Kairo interrupted.

"Ya, just daydreaming again." Rizzit said with a sigh.

"Well, we're almost back at base. No signs of any persuers."

Rizzit nodded. This was good news indeed. The way the mission was starting out, things were not looking too good. With news of no followers, that was some sign to Rizzit that the base either ignored the scout's report or had decided to let the enemy come to them. If there was a scout at all. Rizzit could have been wrong, but there was no sense in taking that chance. Either way, they bought themselves some time....

-----------------------
Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/MAJ
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  1884
April 14, 2005 1:52:54 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Corporal Dale Walker had always been a big guy. Ever since he had hit puberty, he'd towered over the rest of his peers, his huge height and form manifesting into a solid bulk of muscle as he began his training at the Imperial Academy. His instructors had been more than impressed, quickly throwing him into the ranks where the soft-spoken Coruscant teenager had developed something of a reputation for his battle lust. It wasn't an uncommon site to see Dale in the front line of battle, huge fists swinging when his guns failed him, black skin glistening with sweat. In fact...it wasn't an uncommon sight to see the giant charging forward to meet the enemy with reckless abandon.

Dale would gladly die for the Empire. And today...he was once again doing his duty.

His passenger, a Corporal from Jester Squad who had introduced himself as Frog, sat squished behind his powerful form; the room provided in the TX tank barely enough for the both of them.

"So ah, Dale was it?" Frog grunted, shifting in an attempt to get comfortable, "How did you end up here? On this mission?" He sighed, "On this planet."

Dale kept his eyes on the instruments before him, following the ASL of the squad he had temporarily been assigned too, Sergeant Kami of Iron Horse.

"I was recommended by an officer in my barracks. He said he was impressed with my skills."

"Oh." Frog shifted again, accidentally pinning his arm behind the muscular Corporal's back, "Ah...skills as in, ah demolitions?"

Dale paused to give Frog an extremely solemn look, "Hand to hand combat."

"Oh." Frog shifted again, before letting his head drop onto Dale's shoulder in defeat. "Anyone ever tell you that you're a big guy Dale?"

Dale let out a deep boom of laughter, "My older brother is much stronger, and larger than me."

Frog whistled, "I sure wouldn't want to run into him on the battlefield..."

Dale laughed again, "You won't Corporal Frog, he is a farmer."

"Oh. Good news for the Rebs."

Kami trailed just behind Virius's tank, slowly re-familiarizing herself with her tanks controls. Whilst Iron Horse had had the tanks assigned to the squad at its rebirth, they hadn't... so far, despite numerous training exercises, been given the opportunity to really test them out. Lukas, the newly promoted ASL of Wraith Squad, sat just behind Kami, peering curiously over her shoulder.

"You sure can handle this thing..." He jibed as Kami swept the tank up a small plateau, almost sideswiping one of the Dragoon's walkers. Cursing softly under her breath, Kami straightened the tank out, pausing long enough to throw Lukas a mock glower

"Would you care to drive?"

Lukas grinned, shaking his head, "No no, I'm liking this seat just fine."

The comm crackled suddenly, followed by Virius's voice.

"We're coming up on the base, so let's stay tight Horseys. Wait until we're in range before firing. Keep en eye out for each other when it gets hot, and move quickly. We don't have much time."

Acknowledging her squad leader with a double click, Kami glanced quickly behind her, checking that the Corporal on loan was still in one piece. Seeing that he and Frog were still pottering slowly along, she whispered a silent prayer in thanks, then turned her bright green gaze back to the open stretch before her...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
ASL/SGT Kami/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
TRN/JRN Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited April 14, 2005 1:58:01 AM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  285
Total Posts:  504
April 14, 2005 12:47:18 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas sat back down in his seat and looked around curiously in the tank. In all his life, Lukas had never been in one, although he had seen plently of the enemies arsenal of artillery and weapons systems. Grabbing his datapad out of his breast pocket, he glanced over various mission objectives and information about the complex where Fury was being held. Lukas thought about different tactics they may be able to use to get into the factories and complexes if needed.

From what Kuroishi had told him about the brushless plains surrounding the factories, there would be no possible way to get across them withouth being seen. Lukas tapped his chin, thinking in silence as the tank rolled along across the plateau.

"What are you thinking about?!", Kami asked aloud, over the tanks roaring engines as she glanced back at him.

"I am thinking of ways to get General Fury back in one piece..and I will do anything to make sure that happens...", Lukas said with an evil smirk on his face.

Kami grinned and nodded in approval. With that being said, Lukas looked out over the plateau and studied the scenary of the area. He continued to think of numerous ways on how to get in and out safely with General Fury unharmed. Each scenario he tried coming up with, failed in one way or had too many flaws to it.

As the tank made its way towards its destination, Lukas continually thought to himself quietly and how his past may catch up to him....

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
AS-4/TRP/SGT Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Squad
~*Lost Love Is Something I Will Never Find, No Matter How Hard I Look...*~
:*-I Am No Longer The Person I Was,For Now I Know What I'm To Become...-*:
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1546
April 14, 2005 3:53:33 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Jesper Perenz had never been afraid of a woman in his life...until he met Merrick. As the fierce looking, axe-wielding leader of the recon squad Jester dropped into his tank, the Lance Corporal swallowed hard.

"S-Sergeant Merrick. Lance Corporal Perenz. Looks like I'll be your driver today." He somehow managed to stammer.

"Just get me there." Merrick replied. She could tell the vehicle crewman was afraid of her, and thats the way she liked it. Fear kept people sharp, and the more afraid he was of her wrath, the better he would perform.

After Jesper had followed his squadmates lead and checked in as powered and ready to go, he nervously fell into the standard tank formation.

In an attempt to minimize signals given off by the tanks, Iron Horse assumed a single file column, Virius in the front, followed by Kami, then Angel, with Raziel bringing up the rear...right behind Jesper. Sweat began to pour off the young man, forming a slick film on his hands. As he tried to adjust and compensate for a turn, his hand slipped from the control stick and the tank straightened out, shooting away from the rest of the squad.

"IH10, keep it tight back there." His squad leader's voice crackled through the comm. "We're trying to keep as low a profile as possible here."

"Y-yessir." Jesper replied, his tumultuous voice giving away his obvious nervousness.

"Don't do that again." Merrick said from behind him. Glancing back, he saw he casually inspecting her axe, a bored expression on her face.

"Sorry, ma'.."

"DON'T apologize and DON'T call me ma'am." The Assistant Prefect snapped, "Just fix the problem."

Arms shaking from the verbal assault, Jesper silently began to wonder if this was really such a good idea...

-----------------------
------------------------

------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  228
April 14, 2005 7:57:43 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Riding in the gunner seat of a walker was taking its toll on Giovanni. It was the seat closest to the ground, but also the place that rocked the most as Zafo maneuvered the biped machine close behind Iron Horse's tanks, who were now in a tight, straight line.

Just how the hell am i supposed to get a good bead on anything from here?, the Dragoon thought.

He shrugged off his uncertainty and convinced himself for the fifth time that when the bantha fodder hit the fan, figuratively speaking,  instinct would kick in and he and Zafo would be fine.

Off in the distance were a number of abandoned buildings, and decaying warehouses. It was the only man made structure the trooper had seen since they touched down on the tropical planet. Fury was close.

Giovanni took his eyes off the horizon and looked over to Squall's walker. What once was a shaky metal mess that only a very brave or very stupid trooper would ride in now looked considerably better. For one, the walker no longer seemed like it would topple over at any moment.

If it werent for the sake of radio silence, hed call and congratulate him.

But instead Giovanni smiled and laid back in his seat. They were getting closer to the various complexes that littered the landscape. Sure they seemed abandoned, but hed rather be safe than sorry.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  322
April 14, 2005 10:11:02 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As the prossesion of vehicles crossed a deserted plain, Kairo saw the first area that the rescue group was going to look for Fury at. It was a cluster of abandoned buildings and warehouses. Looking over at Rizzit, Kairo saw his expresion change. Before now he had been in a open persona, but now he had apeared to enter a calm state of mind. His face was set in place, as he focused his attention incase this was the area that Fury was being held at. Looking out of the At-St, Kairo saw the IronHorse tanks pick up their speed slightly. 'Since we're out in the open, the quicker we get across this expanse the better.' Kairo thought as he pushed the walkers throtle forward to match the tanks pace.

Halfway across the open area, Kairo saw a slight glimmer in the distance, as an object entered the mass of abandoned structures. "Did you see that?" Kairo questioned Rizzit.

"Yeah" Rizzit returned. "I was wondering if my eyes were just playing tricks on me. It entered on the right side from our position. If it had been flying straight the whole time, whatever that was would have come from the vecinity that we were scouting before."

"Do you think that animal thing from before really was a scout?"

"Probably," Rizzit commented. "Which means we can be expecting something coming at us soon. They will most likely send a small scouting force to make sure that the scout hadn't just gone nuts. But since we are in the open, we can't very well hide. I hope Merrick or Raziel saw it, because we can't contact them do to com-silence."

By now the line of walkers and tanks had almost made it across the open area of land. Once they had almost reached the group of buildings, four mottled tanks rolled out of the buildings while a warning shot from an E-Web was fired from one of the roofs of the warehouses. A burst of static erupted from the built in comlink followed by a voice saying, "Unidentified tanks and walkers, you are to stand down or be destroyed."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited April 14, 2005 10:15:47 PM)]
Kiara Blackstar
ComNet Novice

Kiara Blackstar

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  41
April 15, 2005 2:54:22 AM    View the profile of Kiara Blackstar 
As the fire fight erupted between the armored behemoths
on the field, the ground pounders bailed from the tanks
they were riding in and moved to areas of cover. Forming
into their squads and moving at an angle away from the
fight, the stormtroopers were able to move away from the
main fight and avoid casulties. At the beggining of the
buildings Wraith and Jester split up and started
searching for Fury.

Jester squad moved slowly through the buldings looking
for signs of life. After moving inwards towards the
center of the base, Merrick spotted a group of rifle
wielding thugs. Using hand signals, she motions to the
rest of the squad to use their melee weapons only.
Blackstar unsheathed her bayonet and moved as quietly as
she could in armor towards one of the riflemen. Merrick
used the wall of a nearby building as a guide with her
axe in one hand. Frog pulled out a boot knife and held
back watching the other two at work. Merrick dashed up
behind the first enemy grunt and dropped him without the
victim making a sound. Blackstar stepped up behind the
next and slit his throat. The last two rifle thugs turnd
around...just in time for one to catch a boot knife in
the eye. Merrick swung up and killed the last thug. The
entire battle was over in seconds without a single
blaster shot.

"Mercs, no armor, poor communication equipment. Even
their weapons are out of date. Anyone not in white armor
or who matches Fury's description are to be shot on
site. Jester squad, move out," Merrick says as she
looked over the bodies of the dead thugs.

Blackstar rolls one over with her boot and checks out
their faces. "Pirates, too. This one has a tatoo on his
face of a rim pirate gang." Blackstar rips a key off the
neck of the dead merc and hands it to Merrick. "This
might be something, ma'am."

Merrick takes the key and looks it over. "No markings."
She puts the key in a free pouch and motions for the
squad to keep moving. The squad makes their way further
into the base. Few buildings are guarded and some have
no power running to them. Some of the buildings had
heavy guard presnce around them. E-Webs and old heavy
slugthrowers were placed at the entrances to some
buildings in the center of the base.

"It's as if they are too stupid to conceal whats
important," FireFrog observed as he watched the heavy
patrols arond one building in particular. An F-Web and
about ten guards armed to the teeth were at the main
entrance to a large builing that could have been a
hanger or a garage. The only other door was for the
entrance and exit of vehicles and was sealed from the
inside.

"Ok, if this is a standard hanger there is a hatch on
the roof we can infiltrate through. If its a hanger
there might be skylights. We need to find a way onto the
roof," says Merrick.

The squad starts looking around for access to the roof. 
"Found one, north side," says FireFrog. The squad moves
around to the roof access. Blackstar checks the ladder
for traps and finds none. She takes point at Merricks
command and quickly climbs to the roof. One guard is one
the roof but watching the tank battle in the distance.
Blackstar slides up behind the guard and uses her blade
to show the merc the error of abondoning ones post. The
rest of Jester moves onto the roof and fans out to find
an access into the building.

"Got one, a small maintaince hatch for droids and techs
to use," says Merrick from the far side of the building.
FireFrog found the entry panel and started slicing it to
open the hatch. After a minute or so of hacking the
hatch opened and Merrick peeked down inside to make sure
it was safe to enter. She signaled the all clear and
dropped down, followed by FireFrog and Blackstar. Inside the squad was in for a suprise.

-----------------------
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
  -Code of the Sith

Jester Squad
TRP/PFC Blackstar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [LoR]
Raziel
ComNet Veteran

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  2873
April 15, 2005 6:03:02 AM    View the profile of Raziel 

With Trigit safely out of the tank Raziel kicked the throttle forwards and launched his agile tank into the fray. He strafed the tank to the right, whilst turning to bring the laser cannons to bear. He unleashed a volley of laser fire that lashed across the flank of one of the republic tanks, but he quickly disengaged. He had another priority.
    His tank had been fully loaded with a batch of Ion-blast Missiles. The computer guided missiles were pre programmed to lock onto strong com signals and home in fast. Raziel didn't mind using up all his ordnance straight away, the lighter his tank the better. His tank glided across the open ground and launched eight pairs of missiles in quick succession. The blue flares rocketed into the sky before descending towards the republic outposts. Blue lightening rippled across various buildings and suddenly the background com chatter they had been picking up suddenly went quiet.
    "The wool has been pulled over their eyes," Raziel said into the IH channel.
    "Good, should buy us some time at least," came the only reply.
    Raziel gripped the control leavers and with a gentle twist launched his tank back into combat. Raziel had the tank modified for his own reflexes and special awareness, the downside being the his tank was considerably less stable and even a glancing hit could knock the tank out of control.
    A wave of calm washed over Raziel, his eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched shut. It was the same feeling he had before almost every combat engagement, when he only needed that primitive instinctual part of himself that didn't think, only reacted.

The walkers were moving forwards to start hitting the republic outposts, meanwhile Iron Horse were engaging their heavier, but considerably slower republic tank counterparts.
    A few warning lights flashed on Raziel's instruments as a stream of guided missiles came out to meet him from one of the outposts. His hands ran quickly across the tanks sensitive controls as accelerated in a tangent to the oncoming missiles. He deftly wove the tank from side to side as the stream of missiles struggled to keep a lock, they started to impact on either side of him. He spotted one of the missiles at the last instant and his tank lurched backwards as the missile detonated right in front of his view port.
    Temporarily blinded Raziel accelerated straight forwards, towards the group of enemy tanks. He regained his sight just as his tank moved straight between the cluster of tanks. Two of them tried to track him with their turrets but he was too close and moving too fast. A concerted blast of laser fire came from the rest of Iron Horse and ripped through one of the tank's armour. The tank was instantly reduced to a burnt out shell.
    "Raz, get yourself under control and fall into formation," blurted out a message from Virius. Raziel swerved his tank around to join his squad. The group of agile tanks was weaving around the slow Republic tanks, trying to avoid heavy fire.
    Angel's tank headed straight for the group of three tanks, but pulled away at the last moment followed  by heavy turret fire. Eversor and Varron moved forwards unimpeded and hit the tank aiming for Angel. The Tank's right track was smashed, leaving it immobile and it wasn't long before Kami finished it off with a single thermal missile.

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited April 15, 2005 6:04:37 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  733
April 15, 2005 5:59:21 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi dashed for concealment against a building.

The light show that the tanks and walkers were putting on would have every enemy soldier in full gear and in position before Wraith would likely even find the building holding Fury.

Looking to his squad falling in with him Kuroishi had an idea.

"Okay squad here's the plan.  When we start clearing buildings blasters set to stun only.  Call out targets that don't go down to stunning.  Those of us who don't use blasters will take them down.  We need to capture an officer.  It's our best chance at finding Fury.  Bring him down able to talk.  Kuroishi briefed.

Kuroishi looked around the corner of the building.

"Okay I think I got our victim.  Snipes first on the left, Lukas second on the left.  Anubis take the rest of the squad and get in position to grab the one on the far right.  Do not get spotted."  Kuroishi said as he aimed his rifle.

Kuroishi waited as the rest of Wraith squad peeled off to get in position.  Tracking his target Kuroishi could not help but feel aprehensive about the situation.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  231
April 15, 2005 9:07:47 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
What once seemed like a lifeless barren landscape was now full of life. The thousands of laser bolts scorched the air, and explosions of red and amber accented the dull colored ground.

Zafo and Gio's walker was in range. The only problem now was acquiring a target that wasnt being destroyed already.

It's as if these people are amateurs..., Gio thought.

Nevertheless, they were the enemy, and he was trained to show no mercy. The walker slowed its pace and Zafo halted.

"Youre up big guy..." Zafo rang over the radio.

Gio grasped the controls, and with a stern look on his face, began to fire. In front were the various tanks, pit in battle. In back, the walkers shot steady missile and laser fire towards the New Republic Outpost. To a commander of any military group, it was a beautiful sight. To the enemy, this was hell.

The metal carcases of the enemy tanks could be seen smoldering and spouting smoke from the distance. Among the decimated enemy tanks were also a few of the Vast Empire's own. Apart from a few scorch marks here and there, the tanks were intact.

The Dark Dragoon's walkers continued to spout fire at the outpost...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited April 15, 2005 9:50:32 PM)]
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  169
Total Posts:  199
April 15, 2005 11:59:01 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis led the rest of Wraith slowly into their positions to prepare for the ambush.  Having learned from his recent mistakes on Corellia, Anubis knew that drawing attention to himself at all was a bad idea.

Anubis reached the position Kuroishi had sent him to, and set his blaster rifle to stun.  With a hand movement, he signalled for the others with him to do the same, and slowly Anubis peaked out from behind a large dumpster.  He could see a few of the New Republic soldiers spread throughout in various guarding positions, and some showed signs of tension after likely hearing about the battle occuring.

Anubis tapped a button on his wrist to open a communications link with Kuroishi.  "Alright, we're in position, there are a few guards stationed at various entry poitns to the buildings, but they look a little shaken.  I think they may be rather green.  Hmm...alright I see our target.  Awaiting further orders..."

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2175
Total Posts:  3940
April 16, 2005 11:43:50 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
    Snipes was far from comforatable in his new suroundings, not the planet, but the squad and thier specialization in stealth, it would take Snipes a little while to learn to keep up with them and still be stealthy, they had tried to teach Snipes as much as they could, in the end he had mearly frustrated most, but had gained some usefull skill. Snow he used these skills to move into position and line up the target in his scope.

Touching the button on his wrist without taking his eye from the scope, Snipes spoke into the comm. "Snipes is in positon"

Seconds Later all the squad that had not already been in position were. And Kuroishi gave the order to fire.

Snipes let his finger squeeze the trigger of the almost new E-11/M, and watched through the scope as his blue comet collided with the head of a young and unfortuneate NR trooper, Snipes kept his eye in the scope untill he saw the man dropp into the grass, unconcious, then he quickly made a sweep of the land infront of him, everyone seemed to have made thier hit and now the squad was moving. Snipes went forward aswell looking over the fallen soilders for an officer, Snipes man had been a corporal, the one closest, a sergeant, Snipes looked at the others, they seemed to have the same luck, no Officers, the Squad knew what was next and they moved towards the entrance, prepareing to breach it.

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  734
April 16, 2005 2:19:14 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi placed a breaching charge on the door.

"Remember we need the officer in condition to speak.  Time is of the essence which means we can't even stun him.  Seconds matter."  Kuroishi said as the Wraiths formed up to enter the building.

Checking to make sure his squad was ready, Kuroishi detonated the charge and went in first.  Two privates still getting thier gear situated were between him and what had to be the officer.

With a quick double tap Kuroishi executed the privates then marched toward the officer.

"If you want to get through this you are going to tell me where Prefect Fury is or your going to tell me where someone who knows where Prefect Fury is.  If you stall you will be worse then dead.  After all I am the Black Death."  Kuroishi said as he kicked the bleeding corpses out of his way.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  325
April 16, 2005 3:50:52 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As the Iron Horse delt with the two remaining NR tanks, Kairo increased his speed to sizty k/h and headed toward the outer edge of the group of buildings. 'Time to take care of some of those annoying e-webs and f-webs.' Kairo thought as he wove the walker through bouts of enemy fire. Rizzit started to fire off the twin blaster cannons, trying to hit the distance targets. A clean shot silenced one of the incoming shots. Off to the side, another of DarkDragoon walker had moved beside Kairo's At-St. 'Only Zafo could be keeping pace with us, since Squall and Arrow aren't as good at manuevering.' As the two walkers approached the permimeter of the buildings, more concentrated fire started to come in their direction. Veering to the right as Zafo turned to the left, the two At-Sts moved to run parallel to the buildings. Taking the opertunity, Rizzit started to fire the concussion grenade launcher while still maintaining the twin blaster cannon. An explosion from stop a warehouse, as a e-web received a direct hit from a concussion grenade, was shortly followed by a similar explosion from the field, where the IH tanks had destoryed another tank.

Kairo made a sharp left turn, dodging an incoming missile, that sent him into the buildings. Without slowing down, Kairo moved the walker through the apparent alley he had entered. "What do you think your doing?" Rizzit said, turning from his controls, since he was unable to fire at a target from their position.

"Trying not to get us killed. Just wait a second. I'm going to loop around this building." Taking a left corner, Kairo saw two more tanks finish their start up procedeurs and move out to join their allies. "Wasn't expecting to see that." Kairo blurted as Rizzit turned to his targeting screen. Before Rizzit was able to fire though, they rounded a corner.

He paused a second and pulled up the comlink. "Zafo. There are two tanks that will be exiting the buildings south of your position. Move to intercept." As Kairo's walker rounded the corner, the two tanks could be seen exiting the circle of buildings. Before the had gone ten meters, two concusion grenades slammed into the side of one of the tanks. Rizzit lauched a concusion grenade also, while aiming both twin turrets at the damaged tank. Fire from the two walkers quickly turned the NR tank into a smouldering heap of slag. The remaining tank had turned to engage Zafo's At-St, firing off its weapons. Zafo was doing a good job of dodging the barage, but his reflexs could only hold out so long.

When Kairo turned the At-St to help Zafo, fire from the roof tops behind forced him to veer of in another direction. A shot from the tank glanced Zafo's At-St, destroying its twin light cannon. "Damn. I can't reach him." Kairo spat, as Rizzit tried to hit the two e-webs that were firing at their position. Moving from side to side, Kairo glanced down at his radar. Another blip, identified as Squall's walker, had run into the fray blasting at the tank that had been pursuing Zafo and GIovanni. As the NR tank was distracted by the two walkers, an IH tank moved into position behind it, firing at the NR tank with its lasers and lauching a thermal missile. The force of the blow spun the NR tank ninty degress to the left. Gio and Squall's walkers turned and fired at it with their twin cannons. It was quickly turned to scrap metal. Strafing to the left, Kairo made an extrmely sharp, right turn that moved them 270 degrees around and aimed them back at the buildings. Rizzit then fired at another e-web, destorying it with a well placed shot.

"That leaves three turrets and that last tank." Rizzit stated, as Kairo moved their At-St into another strafing run on the cluster of buildings. Squall's walker moved in behind them to add their fire power. Jinking left and right, Kairo kept his senses alert for incoming fire, as Rizzit and Squall concenrtated their fire on an F-webs position. Since it had a small shield generator it was able to withstand the barage a few seconds. But it could only take so much. As the shield collapsed, the laser bolts shot through the gap to puncture the cannon.

Kairo turned the walker away from the buildings and headed back out to the field, where the IH tanks and Arrow's walker had spectacularly destroyed the last tank in a show of force. The NR tank had tried to move back to the base when all of its allies had been destoryed on the field. It had only been able to make it halfway before the fire from the three tanks had taken it down. Once the three tanks and Arrow's At-St had met up with Kairo's, Squall's, and Zafo's walkers, along with the IH tank that had aided Zafo, they started to move toward the group fo building to finish off its last defeses.

Thinking they had almost finished off the bases defenses, Kairo turned his attention to his damage readout. He was still in the green, with a few of the systems showing minor damage from stray fire. As the group neared the buildings fire from the tanks and walkers quickly destoryed any remaining turrets. "Split into two groups two circle the perimeter of the buildings. Two tanks to two walkers." Raziels voice said over the speaker. Kairo's and Squall's At-Sts moved off to the right as two IH tanks moved to join them. Once they had moved halfway around the buildings, three more objects apeared on Kairo's radar. "Looks like they still had a few things stashed away." Rizzit commented, pulling up the targeting display. One hundered an fifty meters infront of them were three more NR tanks.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited April 16, 2005 4:02:49 PM)]
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Cadet

Lukas_Yuy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  290
Total Posts:  504
April 16, 2005 6:17:42 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas watched as Kuroishi performed an excellent maneuver to take out the guards as he rushed in after the door had been breached. The two Privates fell to the ground, totally caught offguard by the breaching of the door. Lukas kneeled down next to each body, checking to make sure they were dead.

The rest of Wraith followed in after Kuroishi and Lukas. Kuroishi had successfully gotten into the office, where the Officer had been working at his desk. After Kuroishi had seized the officer, Lukas ordered Snipes and Anubis to guard the door entrance of the office while he watched the breached door, incase of anymore intruders.

Lukas walked out of the office and closed the forced door that had been kicked in. He picked up the two dead Privates and hid there bodies in an empty opened crate, behind a large stack of other crates.

"There...the chemicals should hold off the smell of blood...for awhile at least...", Lukas said to himself as he glanced over at the breached entrance.

Lukas stood against a wall of wooden crates, from where he was standing he could see both the office and the entrance, if anyone tried to get in, he would quickly take them out.

-----------------------
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
AS-4/TRP/SGT Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Squad
:*-I Am No Longer The Person I Was,For Now I Know What I'm To Become...-*:
JR
ComNet Member

JR

Post Number:  379
Total Posts:  471
April 16, 2005 8:24:58 PM    View the profile of JR 
"Angel, JR, take the flanks," Rizzit said to the two IH tanks who had joined him and Kairo. 

"Roger that," came the replies from the two tanks as JR took the left side and Angel took the right.

"Squall, we'll go up the centre.  We're going to fire at the middle tank, hopefully that will distract the two on the outside.  JR, Angel, as soon as that tank explodes, I want you to get behind them, and head towards the outpost.  We'll take care of the others."

Everyone acknowledged that they knew what to do, as they lay in wait for the tanks to get closer.  As soon as the NR tanks were 50 metres away, Squall and Rizzit opened fire at the middle tank.  It didn't take long for the tank to spark, and soon after it exploded sending projectiles into the tanks beside it.  This was the cue, as JR and Angel maxed the throttle, and flew by the two remaining tanks who were struggling, after having pieces of their sides blown off by flying bits of metal.

When they were about 25 m. past the tanks JR heard a huge explosion come from behind him and figured that the two walkers must have taken advantage of the weakened tanks and blown them apart.

"Well," came Rizzit's voice over the com, "That was easier then I expected.  Keep going towards the outpost, we catch up with you there."

"Roger that.  Se ya soon."  JR replied, as he looked beside him to see some of other members of IH pulling up along side him, and Angel. 

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR Iron Horse Squad

SSGT/JR/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"And the battles just begun. There's many lost but tell me who has won." -> U2
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-DJO] Acolyte

Post Number:  536
Total Posts:  851
April 17, 2005 12:11:52 AM    View the profile of Virius 
    Maneuvering his tank in front of JR and Angel's tanks Virius opened up his comm.

"Okay people lets get to the outpost and kill all republic forces possible. Then secure the area and wait for further orders." Virius closed the comm after receiving clicks in acknowledgement.

Virius gunned the throttle and pulled ahead firing at a small squad of NR troops running for cover. Gunning for the street in the middle Virius slowed and waited for the rest of IH to come up so the could perform a two flanking missions on the small outpost.

"Lets hit them hard and fast, clear any of the defenses that are left and form a defensive perimeter. Also watch out for anyone firing from the windows with explosives." Virius waited for the squad to form into two groups and clicked twice on his comm for the signal to move.

Virius, JR, Angel, Jesper, and Raz moved to the east side of the outpost strafing the buildings in case of enemy fire. Kami, Varron, Corporal Walker, and Kyricor moved to the west also strafing to enage anyone that would dare fire on them. The rest of IH stayed and secured the area where DD's walkers would hook up with them and head into the outpost directly to help Wraith and Jester.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Frank "Virius" Carter
Combat Slicer

Squad Leader - Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Virius/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/AC Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"I have noticed that in every Metal Gear solid game someone pees their pants."--Me
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  171
Total Posts:  199
April 17, 2005 1:01:26 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Anubis heard a slow mechanical hum that was increasing with frequency and volume.  Both Snipes and Anubis were puzzled at where the sound could be coming from.  Anubis gave a glance over at Lukas, who could only answer them with a shrug.

Several minutes later, when the hum had reached an annoying pitch, Snipes noticed something in a nearby window.  Looking out, he signalled Anubis and Lukas over, who immediately came only to see a large swarm of gray.  Within seconds the gray mass revealed itself as a swarm of security droids that burst through the windows of the building.

Wraith squad immediately went into action, firing at the security droids with blasters set to full.  The droids were a relatively new model, with six blasters covering the end points of a domed and heavily armored skeleton.  The blasters were relatively weak compared to those the Wraiths carried, but sheer numbers of the droids proved themselves to be a deterrent against going straight out and attacking.

Anubis and Snipes hid behind several crates, revealing themselves at moments to blast a droid or two.  Lukas fired several shots to destroy several of the droids before going behind a crate himself.  The others of the group remained with Kuroishi at the office, firing their blasters to prevent the droids from entering.  Due to the office being inside, so far Kuroishi and the officer were still having an uninterupted chat.

A force of New Republic soldiers soon sprang into the building, and Lukas began to focus on taking the New Republic troopers.  Anubis and Snipes remained, blasting the droids with their all, even when it seemed that when one droid was destroyed, another two entered through the windows.  It began to appear that this wouldn't be as easy as the Wraiths hoped it would...

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Let's Get Our Prefect Back  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:06:38 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 72  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >