ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  973
Total Posts:  2873
  RE: HSC story thread
December 24, 2004 2:15:14 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
If you read back to the end of the last campaign, you'll see it ended up with Merrick and Fury realising that this man was nothing really special himself. There are many imperials now working for the republic.

His tactics are quite good, the real reason we need to be worried about him is that he is a very charasmatic leader and his men will do anything for him. His weakness is that he is overconfident and takes things personally.

Well thats my take on him anyway and seems to be in line with what was said at the end of last HSC

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  975
December 24, 2004 2:39:31 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Apologies to JR and snipes, i missed the bit where you both got in the tank

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  863
Total Posts:  981
December 27, 2004 11:47:38 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Uh Phoenix, your last two posts make aboslutely no sense.  You've completely ignored what I've written in my posts which state that you are under heavy bombardment from a larger rebel pincer attack.

People please READ the posts, right now it sounds like we are fighting on two completely different bases.  Raiders, IH, and Jester are under attack by 80 rebels plus speeders on their flanks and two hundred or more troopers in their vanguard with tanks and speeders.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  865
December 28, 2004 12:02:14 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
I've asked in the story thread for an offical hold be put on the story until this is sorted out as the story makes absolutely no sense at the moment anymore.  Perhaps we could have a conference of some kind to discuss this matter and create some sort of agreement as to the required editations in order for the story to flow and make sense.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  1183
Total Posts:  3342
December 28, 2004 12:02:20 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
/me shrugs

You obviously are mistaken as to what is transpiring.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  866
December 28, 2004 12:04:31 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
No I'd say you are mistaken.  I explictly stated that the rebels had launched a pincer attack on the three imperial squads that I witnessed from the battlefield on the ridge while watching your battle in the base as I was waiting for a speeder to arrive.  I further mentionned the attack after your first post which failed to make sense, this was while Rizzit was giving orders to the reinforcements.  You are the one who is mistaken.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1185
December 28, 2004 12:28:31 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
/me shrugs

In Otto's post we took care of that.

*Note* See "island of death"

solution to all of this:

Let me handle my squad and what happens to them. No one made you in charge of te story, so get down off your high horse. Don't pull this "all the rebels run away from us to trap you" stuff.
  -----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 28, 2004 12:32:45 AM)]
Otto Vox
ComNet Veteran

Otto Vox

Post Number:  1042
Total Posts:  1390
December 28, 2004 2:01:11 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Do you honestly believe that you can dictate the story Art? And if so, Pheonix is just doing exactly what you believe you can, dictating the story. He is totally ignoring your posts and creating his own version. Because of this fact, I believe that all the posts since Afyon's dated so: December 26, 2004 5:01:31 PM should be deleted so that this confusion may be remedied. There is also the possiblility of deleting after my post following Art's afformentioned post, provided I edit it slightly to coincide with Afyons preceding post

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Fire Team Leader (FTL) - Raider Squad
-
Vast Empire Army
FTL/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE(LM)(ES)(SoS)(RCoD)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Lion 1-4/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force - Otto Vox
"The earth it shall burn right into our eyes on this very night"
"We shall destroy the earth rebuild it, none shall inherit it."
"Blood turned into fire, made to drink like wine"
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  978
December 28, 2004 6:32:50 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
I HAVE HAD F****** ENOUGH

You all godamn complain about each others posts, you all forget to read what the last person wrote, then you dont make things clear enough, then you bitch.

IT HAS BEEN A F****** EFFORT AND A HALF TO TRY AND KEEP THIS THING GOING.

Right here's how things went:

We had a mess up on the first bit because people didnt read that the ship was parked next to ours, only Kami seemed to bother reading it. But then it went smoothly.

I posted the guidelines for the next part of the mission and things went well. I liked the crash landing part and the high speed battles on the snow.

Afyon posted about the plan to hold the ridge, fair enough.
From then on the number of Rebels just seemed to multiply, more and more tanks and speeders.
The raiders stole a tank and phoenix posted about heading back to the Rebel base and blowing up a wall, this was a strange move but we went with it. Iron Horse jumped in after them and attacked the breach in the rebel base. I posted about the imperial reinforcements having landed and had them start to advance on the base as i wanted to speed things up. Everyone ignored this

Then Afyon added in more tanks. And had a large force heading back to the base.

At this stage in the story, the raiders and IH were actually inside the base, or at least in the gap in the wall Pheonix blew out of it.

Otto then wrote what was a very good post, but i'm not entirely sure what he was referring to? 80 men is a lot of firepower for 4 DJ to hold off with lightsabers and also we seemed to be back outside the base all of a sudden.

I dont get what Afyon then wrote about either? The gate to the base is on the north west side, as draw in my diagrams. Has anyone except Pheonix looked at the bleeding things? I took time to draw them to try and stop confusion. I'm guessing Afyon meant the rebels retreating bypassed us and went to the gate? And that the Imperial reinforcements had attacked the southern outposts?

So Afyon, stop being a control freak. Stop going out of your way to dictate events going on far away from your position.
Everyone take the time to read other peoples posts.

Right now, why the hell are there more Rebel reinforcements??? Seriously how the **** did they get here? Why do the rebels have such a stong force? we attacked with only a platoon for a reason, because it wasn't heavily defended. Now we're fighting some full scall war with tens of tanks and hundreds upon hundreds of men!

I wanted to write the odd post with mission guidelines in and let it run from there, but that just hasnt worked.

How about we go from: Imperial reinforcements landed, only 200 men and speeders. No tanks. The rebels only have whats left in the base which is only a few squads defending the HQ and lots of men on the walls and in the outposts and scattered around the base.
Raiders, IH and Jester have broken through a wall and are trying to cause some damage (phoenix's plan), the imperial reinforcements have smashed the Rebel attack and now they are attacking in Afyon's pattern.

That sound alright? I'll see if i can get someone with moderation to go with me and edit/delete posts to clear up the last part of the story, please don't take offence at this.

I decided not to dictate too much in this story, if you want me to i will.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited December 28, 2004 6:53:55 AM)]
Otto Vox
ComNet Veteran

Otto Vox

Post Number:  1043
December 28, 2004 8:33:43 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
I apologize for my part in the mix up and do promise that I will read everyone's posts fully in order to let the story go smoothly. I also do realize that because we're allowing petty differences and hatred for each other get the best of us, we're bringing everyone else down. I for one at least promise to try to prevent my feelings towards others in the VE effect the whole of it, especially in the story. All it's doing is ruining it. And I apologize for that.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight
-
Vast Empire Army
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1186
December 28, 2004 7:22:31 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
/me tosses Raz a cookie

You did good PA

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  867
December 28, 2004 8:50:11 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Ok my comment about the gate I guess confused some people.  What I should have stated was the hole in the wall the Raiders created that I referred to as a gate.  That would at least clear up why the troops attacking us on the ridge retreated to attack the Raider's flank.

As for the rebel troops, Shansta ordered that every man should engage the imperials, to me I figured that meant empty the base.  This is supposedly an important facility so it would have both enough man power for defense plus vehicles to defend against an attack.

Therefore, my posts had the rebel force engaging us from the ridge retreating back and pummeling the flank of the three squads as well as the emptied base attacking from the other side.  I thought I had made that clear in my posts as I had explicity mentionned that the squads were caught in a pincer attack.  So that should clear up whatever confusion that may have existed from mine though I think that may have been due more to lack of really understanding my post than my lack of clarity.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  868
December 28, 2004 8:52:10 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Also, I am not a control freak, just thought I'd get that out there for the record.

In addition, I wanted to clarify this story so that I know what the Dragoons are reinforcements are engaging.  From my posts, we are doing the attacks on the outposts then i figured we would hit the rebel flanks.  But accoring to Phoenix's posts the troopers I mentionned don't exist.  So it's very hard for me to figure out what the Dragoons are supposed to be fighting.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1191
December 28, 2004 8:58:56 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
art.

Raz is the PA, and one of the people running the comp.

Do what he says. Fight the people that were chasing you, just get rid of the tanks.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited December 28, 2004 8:59:51 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  869
December 28, 2004 9:43:42 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Uh there are no people chasing us, as I said, they broke off and attacked your flank.

Secondly, its not your place to instruct me on how to obey a superior officer so drop it.

Thirdly, the tanks have been part of the story for well over a page now, we didn't quash them earlier so I take that to mean they are fair game.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

JR
ComNet Member

JR

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  339
Total Posts:  471
December 28, 2004 10:12:05 PM    View the profile of JR 
I didnt know where else to put this so i'll put it here.  What the hell is a pincer attack???  Also Raz I was wondering if you could do a post just clear everything up and send each squad on its way.

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR
- Raider Squad
-

TRP/SSGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." Jack Handey

"Cowards do not count in battle; they are there, but not in it." Euripides
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  870
December 28, 2004 11:06:43 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
It means you are being attacked in the vanguard and flank at the same time.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Otto Vox
ComNet Veteran

Otto Vox

Post Number:  1045
December 28, 2004 11:25:41 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Funny how Raiders always seem to get pincer attacked, while DD flies around in their little speeders

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight
-
Vast Empire Army
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte (AC)

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  1884
December 28, 2004 11:28:37 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
/me smacks her head
oh god...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
ASL/SGT kaMi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  872
December 28, 2004 11:35:16 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
It would be hard to say raiders always gets pincer attacked considering this is probably the first time you ever have been.  Also, we may be flying around in "our little speeders", however, we were flying around in those sleds before and sort of got shot down fighting over whelming odds.  For the record, crashing any vehicle at high speeds isnt exactly a picnic.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1192
December 28, 2004 11:46:45 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Did you guys actually READ Raz's message?

Raiders arent getting pincer attacked anymore.

Raiders Jester and IH are inside the base. Raiders is rearming in the barracks, IH is working over the motorpool. (See my next to last post for full details).

That is what's going on. Raz approved it and said to go with it, and since he is the PA AND running the competition right now, that is what we are doing.

End of dicussion.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

Ramon Stonefish

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  413
Total Posts:  619
December 29, 2004 3:09:06 PM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Argh! Now I've completely lost the plot.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  873
December 29, 2004 6:04:30 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Once again Phoenix, I don't need you to tell me what I am and am not able to do nor is that your place so I'd drop it.  That would be the logical thing to do, unless of course Raz's labelling my as a power freak was a mistake and he meant to say you.  Seems to me that right now that title is much more fitting for yourself.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited December 29, 2004 6:05:13 PM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1194
December 29, 2004 7:02:52 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Art...seriously...I'm not the one telling you to do that, RAZIEL is.

As for me being a control freak? Coming from you that doesnt even deserve a response.

Quit trying to pick a fight because someone finally put you in your place.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  874
December 29, 2004 7:32:16 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Well considering I actively promote running a squad as a democracy, I can hardly see how that makes me a control freak.

And in regards to what I said before, I didn't say you were instructing me as to what is going on in the story, I was referring to how you are instructing me to follow orders.  You are not my superior and really have no ability to put me in my place in terms of what orders I should follow and instruct me as to who is in charge and thus who I should follow.  In addition, its not your call to say if there is an end to the discussion.

On another note, if you want to continue this discussion please feel free to bring it up with me in a personal message but lets try and at least create a charade of peace in the comnet and take this argument out of the public light.  I think that would serve the collective good of the army well.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  973
Total Posts:  1056
December 29, 2004 7:34:37 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Enjoy Operation: FU (Final Uses)

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
{ARC:1STGen]
ASL/SGT/Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  877
December 29, 2004 8:31:15 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
exactly remmy!

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1195
December 29, 2004 8:41:41 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Art, do you actually READ what you write?

I can't tell you to follow orders?

/me roffles

I SHOULDNT HAVE TO TELL YOU!!!

They are orders because  you HAVE to follow them...

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Otto Vox
ComNet Veteran

Otto Vox

Post Number:  1046
December 29, 2004 9:19:16 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Can we just get this whole damn fiasco over with and have someone who actually has the authority over the story to try and fix it please, instead of all of us bickerin over which way the story should go, and trying to control what the others are posting?

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight
-
Vast Empire Army
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  878
December 29, 2004 9:25:55 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Thats what operation FU is for, kudos to Remmy for proposing this great idea!

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Army Main ComNet > HSC story thread  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:12:38 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 1029  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >