Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > A Taste of Elegance. . .(Imperial Holiday Ball)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  A Taste of Elegance. . .(Imperial Holiday Ball)
Arturus
ComNet Disciple

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  2067
Total Posts:  2143
  RE: A Taste of Elegance. . .(Imperial Holiday Ball
December 4, 2008 9:47:26 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
(FYI Snipes, what my character says in private he won't say in public.  Generally he won't say anything at all and his conversations are brief.  I would not discuss wine with someone at the bar, nor would I argue with you.  Arturus is reserved and quiet in public, and is always observing and processing what he sees, rather than participating in it.  He also is aloof, but not pompous, because he knows he is more intelligent than most of the people in the crowd, and he's a classical imperial officer in many ways).
Imperial Navy: Lieutenant Commander Corran Hargraves, Frigate Captain, Adjutant to the NCC

FC, NCCA/LCM Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STC Doashim/1 Fleet/VEN/VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=FCO=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[CL:5][MC:1](x3)[SV][BRC][VC:S][CBV][LoM](x2)[NS-7][LoR][GWC][LoC-DD][CM-PL]

Vast Empire Intelligence: Lieutenant Commander Corran Hargraves, Covert Operations Field Commander (Sigma Group)

COFC/LCM Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STC Doashim/Sigma Group/COD/VEI/VE

Clearly Canadian!

Biography
Zeshaun
ComNet Cadet

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  257
Total Posts:  896
December 5, 2008 8:51:22 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun finished his meal and downed the last bit of whiskey and got up to see what else you could be done other than drink and eat at the party. He unconciously went back toward the bar I should stay away from those drinks. Zeshaun thought, his head a little woozy But maybe one more won't hurt Zeshaun looked for a spot at the bar a saw a spot near a man not dressed in the regular Army uniform.

Zeshaun didn't know anyone outside of his squad other than Rizzit so he decided to go introduce himself a bit to people.

"Hello, may I sit?" Zeshaun asked motioning toward the chair.

The man nodded and continued drinking his drink.

"I'm Lance Corporal Zeshaun, can't help but notice your not in an army uniform." Zeshaun said looking the man's clothes up and down.

"Lt. Commander Arturus, of the Navy." The man said briefly and then turned to continue drinking.

Zeshaun picked up his whiskey and his brow's furrowed No need to be rude with me Zeshaun thought taking a couple of sips from his drink. The meeting new people thing didn't seem to be going very well for him.

"Well nice meeting you." Zeshaun got up.

The man just nodded again.

Zeshaun was unknowingly swaying slightly to the music that was playing. The drinks must really be getting to me. He downed the last mouthful of whiskey. It slightly burned his throat. He stood by a wall bobbing his head and tapping his feet. He felt the need to go dance all of a sudden. He walked toward the middle of the floor and started to danec spastically and as well as an ewok with out any feet could dance.

I bet I look rediculous, Nick better not be getting this on tape Zeshaun thought as he caught Nick and Requiem laughing at him from a table. What a better way to meet new people than to make a complete fool out of yourself Zeshaun thought dancing happily, clearly drunk.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited December 5, 2008 8:53:18 PM)]
Aeos
ComNet Disciple

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Engineer

Post Number:  2198
Total Posts:  3141
December 7, 2008 2:51:54 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos tugged at the hem of the very stiff dress jacket she was wearing, flashing the fallen standing opposite her an awkward smile.

“You can take a girl off the farm, but not the farm out of the girl,” Maze mused with a twinkle in his eyes.

“I am just not a fan of this type of thing,” she retorted, finally managing to pull the uniform together. The skirt felt uncomfortable, and her shirt felt as if it had been ironed one too many times. 

The palace was magnificent. The crystals of the ice twinkled spectacularly while waiters gracefully went about their serving business in stiff icy blue suits meant to match the interior of the building. The huge ten feet tall windows gave way to another magnificent view of water, crater and destruction. The lush flora outside served as a beautiful frame to the lake who mirrored the starry night sky and the small peak of the mountain still visible in the pale moonlight.

Across the room, another individual just entered, and Aeos’ eyes lit up unexpectedly. Maze arched his eyebrows and turned around following her gaze where it settled on a giant of a man.

“Didn’t think he is your type,” he commented softly.

“Oh hush you, he’s new to the squad. Better go and drag his sorry face to the cocktail bar,” Aeos muttered with a small smile now glancing at Maze again.

She remembered when she first met him. It was on a small off-world mission to a grimy little circus. No matter how much she fought it, the falleen’s physical attributes completely overwhelmed her causing Merrick and Kami to doubt her competency as a squad-leader. Good times.

“If you will excuse me, my dear,” she made a small bow to the falleen who graciously returned the gesture.

“Jeg! Over here!” Aeos cried out, rushing over to the giant. The giant looked up, for a moment his face darkened before lighting up. The strong feutures of his face broke into a nervous grin of recognition before scoffing and gesturing at his uniform in a frown. Aeos snickered as she reached him and pointed to her skirt.

“Now there is something you don’t see every day,” he muttered in light humor.

The two shared a good laugh before an sudden awareness of each other stifled the chatty atmosphere. Aeos coughed and looked at Jegora.

“Didn’t know you were coming,”

“Angel said something about politeness and a social life,” the large man mumbled drawing another laugh from Aeos.

“Good, which means I have a date as of right now,”
Jegora’s eyes widened in surprise while  his mouth twitched into a nervous grimace.

“Charming,” he muttered again casting his eyes to the ceiling.
Trying to ignore the sinking feeling in her stomach, Aeos grabbed Jegora by the one arm, and proceeded to give him a small tour of the current events and locations.

“You will be sitting over there,” she muttered pointing him to a place on a long rectangular table filled with a few other guests as well already. He nodded and started making his way over to the reserved spot while Aeos started making her way to the a small stage with a podium raised above the mixing crowd of Imperials.

She gave a small nod to a sullastan talking with Wicket, his ears covered with small and purpled puffy earphone. The music gradually started to fade off, leaving an excited crowd whispering about and turning to Aeos who was now trying to fight the urge not the blink every second at strong azure spotlight shining down on her.

“Rightio, I can see we all have benefited nicely so far from the open bar so far, try not to get too carried away,” Aeos started speaking into the hand-held microphone in her hands. Ancient tradition had always made use of this hand-held device and for Aeos it was quite queer.

“First of all, Snipes, where are you?” she called into the crowd. A soft whooooo!  with a bark-like yell sounded, and the crowd suddenly started separating as the eccentric Raiders Squad-Leader made his way towards the stage as well. Snipes carried him as gracefully as he could manage up the stairs and made his stance next to Aeos wearing a sloppy grin.

Aeos nodded to him with a big smile.

“I’d like to first say thank you all for coming to this event!” she shouted earning a big applause from the crowd who by now wouldn’t care if it was Rizzit or Cosmic making a speech.
“Firstly, to Field Marshal Fury, welcome to this very modest little event, and we hope you will enjoy your night thoroughly,”  Aeos lifted a glass towards a slightly darkened corner of the one side of the room.

“We are not going to make our speeches yet, I can see a few hungry guests, we’ll follow dinner with the rest of the formalities. Please make your way to your table where hors d'œuvre will be served while our entertainers will set to work with a show of icy acrobatic performed. The menus can be found on the tables.  Enjoy my dear guests,”

Snipes winked cockily at the crowd, made a sweeping bow and grabbed the microphone from Aeos.
“The greatest speech will be performed live later tonight by yours truly followed by the Pink Deathrocker star band,”

OOC:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Food Use this link to make up your own meal. Each table is receiving a different meal.
The Menu

[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited December 7, 2008 2:54:14 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  215
Total Posts:  304
December 9, 2008 3:18:30 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Grinning as Snipes finished speaking, Jori rubbed his hands together in anticipation of the delicious food. He had a sudden thought and start waving at Aeos, trying to catch his ASL's attention. When he succeeded, he made his way towards her, weaving through the crowd. Since the crowd was moving to their tables in hopes of getting there first so they wouldn't have to wait as long on their food. Finally, Jori broke through the edge of the crowd at the side of the stage where Aeos was patiently standing.

"Hey. Uh... are the meals just little uh... hors d'œuvres or whatever they are? Or are they full meals like appetizer, entree, and the main course? And are there going to be deserts?" Jori said, eagerly.

"Yes, they're going to be a full meal and yes there is going to be deserts later." Aeos said, nodding.

Jori thanked her and walked away to find a table.

Hmmm.... What table should I sit at?

He was walking along until he heard someone calling his name. Turning, he saw Jager waving at him and motioning Jori over to his table. Jori saw that Angel, Kami, Jager, and Jeg sitting at the table. He walked over and sat down between Jager and Jeg, clapping the former on the shoulder.

"Where are the rest of Jester?" Jori asked, looking around as he did so.

Angel didn't answer, but pointed to random places where, after Jori followed his finger and looked there, the rest of Jester were standing, most near the middle of the room.

"We'll get their attention when they come nearer." he said, looking at Jori.

Jori nodded and picked up his menu.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TX-47
ComNet Member

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  324
Total Posts:  621
December 12, 2008 5:54:53 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
At least with the Reconnaissance Troop Transporter I didn't scare off the valets Tank mused as he entered the the massive edifice.  The stormtrooper straightened out his army dress uniform, the red bloodstripes a recent addition.  The invite was a pleasant surprise.  Tank wasn't sure about attending, but his friend and ASL had talked him into it.

Looking around he spotted Garryll and Tanus; and did a double-take.  Tanus was shedding climbing gear while casually speaking with Garryll and a couple officers Tank didn't recognize.  As Tanus smoothed out his dress uniform Aeos was making introductions and other announcements from the podium.

Tank searched for his assigned table and found it after a few moments.  Most of the others were seated already and were reviewing the menu.  As Tank seated himself he noticed he was in the company of Pvts and PFCs.  He didn't know a single one.  Polite introductions were made, during which Tank got the impression most of them were far more nervous than he himself was.

This is an impressive menu Tank mused.  Braised nerf with Crystalweeds, Factryn meat pie, Rycrit stew with a side dish of Sautéed Munch-fungus, Munch-fungus bread (even available as breadsticks), drinks and desserts from all over the galaxy.  Whoo!  Better pace myself; that they have every Corellian dish in creation is a minor footnote here...

When the server came round their table Tank decided to start with the Braised nerf with Crystalweeds and wash it down with a glass of Twistler.  That would give him time to decide about the Factryn meat pie or the Rycrit stew; or both.  While he waited he glanced over to see Kanderin dancing with an amazingly beautiful woman.  When Tank realized it was Helena, he was glad he was sitting down.  The Pvt seated to his left made a crass comment and was promptly backhanded by Tank, who quietly but forcefully corrected the young troopers behavior.

A moment later a waitress arrived with a cart and started setting peoples' orders on the table.  As she placed Tank's Braised nerf with Crystalweeds he placed the order for the Rycrit stew with a side dish of Sautéed Munch-fungus, Munch-fungus breadsticks, a serviving of Factryn meat pie, a slice of Air cake and a carafe of Corellian noale to wash it down.

"make that two slices of Air cake and a double of Ryshcate." Saphira ordered as she took the seat to Tank's right.  "I'll have a bottle of Fermented fungus ale and one of Whyrren's Reserve, thank you." she finished flashing a smile at the server whilst her hand snatched up a fork and stabbed it into Tank's Braised nerf, stealing a quick bite as the waitress left with the empty cart.  Turning back to Tank, "So what did I miss?" she asked before stealing another bite.

Tank blinked once.  Twice.  "Nothing much.  You probably heard Aeos thanking Fury and a few others as you came in.  The major announcements are being held off for a bit, giving us a chance to eat."  Taking a forkful of nerf with Crystalweeds he resigned himself to sharing with Saph.  He didn't mind.  As they ravenously devoured the Braised nerf with Crystalweeds the PVTs and PFCs gradually snapped out of their shock and focused on their own dishes.

Tank was amused to note the others were much more visibly affected by Saphira's presence than himself, though admittedly it was through a herculean effort that he didn't make a fool of himself when he saw her in that magnificent dress.  He couldn't saw which affected the others more; how stunning Saphira looked in that dress or the fact that she was the drill instructor for most everyone at the table.

As they finished the nerf the Factryn meat pie arrived.  "The Rycrit stew will be a few more minutes" the waitress announced as she set the pie and Air cakes on the table, followed by the carafe and two bottles.  Tank made small talk as they picked at the Factryn meat pie (which was quite good), talking about new starfighters and vehicles at the ICS while his thoughts lingered on her choice of ordering the ryshcate...
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
[This message has been edited by TX-47 (edited December 12, 2008 6:56:38 PM)]
[This message has been edited by TX-47 (edited December 13, 2008 2:30:02 PM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  75
December 14, 2008 4:02:48 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem sat their with Nick by his side as they surveyed Zeshaun's progress to meet new people damn this is funny Requiem had almost began to hyperventilate, Requiem had been drinking  earlier that night and it seemed to have lost effect but had begun to give him a terrible hang-over but he didn't mind laughing a bit. It seemed to cheer him up after a couple of good jokes.

" Why is he even over their ? " Nick blurted out between outbursts of his laughing fit "

" I don't know " Requiem sad with a certain tiredness in his voice from the Alcohol's effect.

" You have a Hang-over dont you ? " Nick said with a look of i told you so displayed all over his face.

" Yea, yea damn i need some air, i,ll be back tell me what happens " Requiem pushed his chair back and than placed his hand to his forehead. Nick raised his hand in a goodbye position but kept his vision forward and continued to watch Zeshaun make a fool out of himself.

" Sure thing, Sure thing " Requiem continued to escape from the loud noises and the laughing of the guests, but somehow constantly Nick's laugh could be heard over all others. Requiem breathed in deep as he left the Imperial ball and than exhaled the fume's and other toxins in the air around him.

good to be back I guess Requiem walked to the side of the step's and looked over its threshold to the planet of Tadath. Requiem had seen enough and walked down the step's with his hands stuffed into his pocket's. He began to walk through the street's of Tadath in search of some adventure.

" Damn cold tonight " Requiem spoke out as he than ushered his uniform over his body to keep himself warm. He breathed out to see the wind freeze in front of him Hmph Requiem heard organized scream's as he saw a human woman being mugged in an alleyway. The assailant laughed and turned to the entrance of the alley with his taking's and saw Requiem standing their, the mugger was frightened and surprised to see that just a long black shadow could be seen from Requiem.

" Wh-Who are you ? " Requiem continued to step forward and than grasped the mugger by his collar, he hoisted him up into the air as he the mugger struggled trying to get out of his grip. Requiem threw him to the side of the alley as a loud crack was heard.

Requiem walked over to the body and checked the pulse and began to notice that he lay unconscious, Requiem began to rub his hand from being out in the threshold of the wind. that's the last time I help someone tonight Requiem grasped the woman's item's from the mugger and than gave it back to her she seemed eager to leave and got up.

" I-I have to go " She said as she pulled her hair back

" Whats the rush? " Requiem wanted to help her with any injuries she may have but he didn't pressure her into anything

" Thanks Again though " And she rushed off out of the alleyway to her destination.

" Weird " Requiem escaped form the alley himself and trekked back to the ball eager to get back inside and tell Nick and the embarrassed Zeshaun about his adventure's. Requiem continued to walk and entered the large building and trekked up its stair's to the main Room, the sounds grew as he walked and he re-entered The Imperial Ball.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Helena
ComNet Member

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  320
Total Posts:  508
December 15, 2008 5:53:09 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Noticing everyone sat down, Helena quickly located her squad and sat with them on the large table. The drapes over the tables were magnificent, white in colour and laced around the edge to make a feminine effect on the trim. As Helena sat down, she scooped her dress underneath her, making sure she sat on it and nothing could be seen. She gave a quick smile towards Kanderin who sat to her right and then picked up her wine glass. The dark liquid sloshed around as she swilled it before taking in the essence it gave off.

“Mmm, vintage” she replied, before taking a sip and moving it around her mouth to savour the flavour.

“Only the best and expensive for you eh?” Kanderin replied, taking a gulp of his beer.

“Shh you, when it comes to alcohol you can’t afford to have the cheap stuff”

“What exactly is it Helena?” Leon asked, tipping his head to the side.

“Wine my dear Leon, something you wouldn’t know about” she giggled before placing the glass down.

Leon gave Helena a quick glare before looking at the menu. Helena followed soon after to be disgusted at what she saw. It was a whole section of dewback. She closed her eyes tight before taking a deep breath and moving on. She didn’t want to have a soup, it was far too messy and she didn’t want to run the risk of actually getting it onto her very expensive dress. That would be far too embarrassing for her. She then came across ‘Happy-Patty’ that brought memories back to her as a child. She smiled to herself and giggled before moving on once again. She couldn’t find anything that really took her fancy. She was a fussy eater.

“Kand, what are you having?” She asked.

“Hmm, I’m not sure” he answered, flicking over the pages for the well thought out menu.

Helena sighed, and then began looking again. She then smiled. She had finally found something she liked. Just in time to, the waitress had just began her rounds of the different tables.

“What can I get you Miss Leucine?” She curtsied politely.

“I’ll have the Berbersian Crab please” she gave a smile.

“And you?” She looked over to Kanderin.

“I’ll have the same please”

That was when the whole squad chimed in with the same.

“You don’t even like crab” Helena replied.

“I’m always up for trying things” Kand replied.

“Thank you guys, I’ll be back with your food momentarily”

The waitress then ran off, then literally seconds after came back with a huge trolley of food.

“She wasn’t kidding eh?” RK replied.

“Here you go guys, if you need anything just give me a shout”

She placed the food onto the table and Kand’s face scrunched up as he saw it. Helena gave him the serves you right kind of look and picked up her knife and fork gracefully. She had received a funny look from the squad as she began taking mini mouthfuls.

“What?”

“You use your knife and fork in the wrong hands” the squad giggled.

“Not my fault” she shrugged and continued eating, pausing every now and then to have a chat or take a sip of her red wine.
Sergeant Helena
Drill Instructer
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/SGT Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP][ES1]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1779
Total Posts:  1920
December 15, 2008 11:18:19 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante took a sip from his glass, savoring the after-flavor the mildly alcoholic Felucian nectar left on his tongue. Overhead, ice chandeliers glistened as light from roof-mounted lamps passed through them. Dante felt something cold and wet drop onto his head, and absenty passed his hand through his hair. It came down wet. The trooper snorted. It seemed that someone had slacked off on building maintenance and the ceiling was now slowly dripping onto the buffet table.

He took another gulp of his drink and leaned back in the high-backed chair. As it ,too, was made of ice, this might not have been the best idea. He instantly shot back to his previous position, ignoring the snickering of the trooper to his right. Idly, he wondered exactly how much pressure would be needed to break the Twil'ek's neck, but suppressed the thought.

Oddly enough, the RAIDERS hadn't been assigned their own table. Instead, they were sitting around a rectangular block of ice with another squad, one Dante wasn't familiar with. Strangely enough, Snipes was absent, despite the massive amounts of booze and food available. Still, Dante had no doubt that Battlemont wasn't far away from liquor, wherever he had wandered off to.

Putting everything else from his mind, the trooper picked up a fork and reached for the nearest plate.
TRP/1SGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns"
"You'll see, I'll show you, that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized people, they'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker
Click here!
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  415
Total Posts:  2159
December 15, 2008 3:15:04 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates had his feet on the table, his jacket on the chair- made of ice. He still couldn't get over it. He had a glass of champagne near his feet, and Orobos kept casting dark looks at his feet.

Tanus shifted in his seat, looking at the boots next to his food.

"Nice boots. Order your damn meal already."

Gates sighed, dropping his feet to the floor with a thud. The waitress looked despairingly at the man, her facial expressions zooming through, 'Oh god, not again,' 'dammit!' and finally, resignation.

"Don't worry, my dear, I shall not act obnoxiously to you while ordering," Gates said in a deep voice.

Orobos hit him. "Dammit Gates, take this seriously, it's a party."

"Right, I'll have a steak."

"Sir, of what animal?"

Gates shrugged. "Um, whatever he's eating," Gates said, pointing at a Navy man in a group of his friends, laughing his head off.

"Yes sir, of course." She moved on to Orobos.

"Hey Tank, Saph, why're you sitting at the kids' table?" Gates laughed, pointing at the PFC's and Privates. "C'mon, I'm not that bad!"
BlackJack Squad-Senior Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/SSG Garryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  416
Total Posts:  535
December 15, 2008 4:10:47 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos downed his fifth glass and put it back down on the table. Almost at once a hand came whooshing by dropping another glass, same amber drink, and picking up the now empty one. Orobos smiled and then stared back over at Gates was gesturing to the other non-coms to join them.

"Ah leave them, if they want to sit where they are let them."

"I won't take no for an answer."

"Hey Garryll, LOOK!," Gates spun around in his chair feet dropping to the floor and he sat up his attention caught by Orobos' shout, "Sparkle Sparkle," Orobos said waving his hand back and forward,

"Em... What are you doing?"

"Getting your feet away from my food," Orobos replied as a plate was dropped in front of him. Grabbing some of the meat he tucked in.

"Jeez never saw you eating before," Tank said walking over, drink in hand, Saphira joining them too.

"Here try these," she said pulling out an knife and a fork and displaying them in front of Orobos who took them gently before shoveling some food.

"And he was giving out to me about formality,"

FTL/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][AS-1]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited December 16, 2008 10:17:51 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited December 16, 2008 10:19:26 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1677
Total Posts:  3440
December 15, 2008 7:05:32 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky looked deep into Alan's eyes as they swayed to the slow, romantic music, cherishing every moment of this event. as the song ended and another came on, the tempo was the same but the sound was sweeter, she lay her head on Alan's shoulder and listened to everything around her: the slow beat of the music, each instrument she could identify, Alan's slow breathing near her ear and the vibes of everyone moving around them. After five more dances however, her feet were sore and she was starting to get hungry.

Looking up at Alan, she smiled up at him, gave him a light kiss and looked at the candle-lit tables in the corner. "All this dancing has worked up my appetite, you in for a bite to eat?"

"Definitely."

She took his hand and they slowly walked to a table and took a seat. A waiter saw them and walked over. Smiling at them politely he asked what they would have.

"Could we have a combined platter?"

"Certainly, madam"

She looked down at the menu, pensive. Alan looked over her shoulder and she picked out some Corellian and Tatooinian foods and drinks.

"Could we have a bottle of Whyren's Reserve,some Charbote root, a slice of spiceloaf and some Tatooine Flatbread?"

"All excellent choices, your meal will arrive shortly."

"Thank you."

With that the waiter walked away and they were once again left in each other's company. "Wonder if r2 and betty have gotten into a fight yet."

"Don't know and if they have, they'll have to resolve it themselves."

Smiling, she gave him a soft kiss as the waiter came back with a bottle of Whyren's Reserve.
SL/1SGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]]

To Embrace the Darkness is To Bring About The light...
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1155
Total Posts:  1795
December 15, 2008 7:25:07 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked up to see the waiter standing with a bottle of Whyren’s Reserve.  He took a long look at the bottle and wondered what it was going to be like.  He watched as the waiter proceeded to pour a couple of glasses of the Whyren’s Reserve.  Alan could immediately smell the scent of the drink and wasn’t sure whether or not it would be to his liking.  Lifting his glass he thought to himself this is definitely different from Corellian ale.

“Here’s to us” said Lucky as she raised her glass.

“To us” replied Alan as he clinked his glass lightly against hers.

They both took a sip from the drink and looked at each other.  Alan savoured the taste in his mouth, it was certainly different but it was also very nice.  I’ll have to have this more often he thought to himself.

Lucky put her glass down, looked into his eyes and asked “well, what do you think?”

“Of what?” queried Alan, knowing rightly what she was asking but deciding to tease her a little.

“Of the drink silly” replied Lucky smiling.

“Hated it” said Alan.

“Really?” asked Lucky.

Alan gave her a big grin and replied “no, I really like it”.

Lucky smiled and gave him a playful slap and they both laughed.  It wasn’t long before the waiter returned carrying their food.  Alan glanced at the various dishes, some he recognised whilst others he had never before seen.

“Well, let’s tuck in” said Lucky as she started trying one of the dishes.

Alan didn’t need any further encouragement as he was soon tucking in alongside her.  He hadn’t realised just how hungry the dancing had made him but his stomach was suddenly very thankful for the food that he had started to digest.

“Wow, this is delicious” said Alan.

“It certainly is” replied Lucky.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1679
December 16, 2008 1:06:39 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
She ate her meal slowly, savoring every morsel until there was nothing left on her plate. Boy was I hungry, she turned her head in Alan's direction who was still eating and was staring at her, his mouth full. She smiled which made him smile in turn and she waited until he had finished his food before speaking.

"You sure finished fast" he commented, laughing.

"Guess I was really hungry", he laughed even harder before giving her a quick kiss.

She took the bottle of Whyren's and poured them both another glass. as she was taking a sip, the waiter came by their table and asked if they wanted anything else. Both declined, they had eaten a lot and were thus full. Before the waiter walked away, she asked for their tab and sat silently for a minute, admiring the silence about their immediate environment and watched everyone who were either dining at a table, sitting at the bar or dancing.

She took her time looking around and sighed with contentment.

"Ready for another dance?"

"I think I'll just sit awhile and digest what i just ate."

"Good plan"

The waiter came by with the note and she paid him before he smiled at her and walked away.
SL/1SGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]]

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1157
December 16, 2008 3:49:06 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan couldn’t remember the last time he had eaten so much before, he felt so full and was glad to just be able to sit and let it all sink down.  It had been a sumptuous meal and he was glad that Lucky had chosen it because she had chosen well.

Lucky poured out another round of the Whyren’s and they sat and chatted.  Alan laid his hand down on the table and Lucky smiled, taking hold of it and interlacing her fingers with his.  Alan gazed at her and realised just how happy he was.

Time passed by quickly as they sat and chatted and laughed and drank.  Alan grasped the bottle of Whyren’s and was about to pour out another round when he realised that the bottle was completely empty.  Well that bottle disappeared quickly he thought to himself.

“Shall we get another bottle?” asked Alan.

Lucky smiled, biting her lip gently as she replied “we could, but if your food has settled, we could go up for another dance, if you want to”.

Alan smiled as he knew she was itching to get back onto the dance floor.  Looking at how stunning she looked, he quickly stood up and held out his hand.

“Let’s go” said Alan.

Lucky smiled happily as she took his hand and he led her down to the dance floor.  The music was playing and Alan couldn’t tell what it was but it was gentle, soothing and romantic.  He held Lucky close, wrapping his arms around her and they swayed to the music.

He could feel Lucky’s head snuggling into his chest and he glanced down at her, he smiled, kissing the top of her head tenderly.  The music stopped but Alan and Lucky carried on dancing.  True enough another song started and Alan hoped that the music would never stop as this was truly a perfect moment.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Fury
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

Fury

[VE-ARMY] Field Marshal
[VE-ICS] Baron Administrator
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

Post Number:  2425
Total Posts:  2689
December 16, 2008 6:59:09 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Everyone seemed to be having a good time, but it was a tad awkward for Fury.

He spent some time talking to the Corps folks, but they couldn't discuss their current missions with him so he figured he'd better go.

He went over to the Navy folks, but their only ties were business and, well, this wasn't the time or place for that.

Presumably there were Dark Jedi running about behind the walls or communing with the Force in the men's room or something, but he couldn't feel them so no use looking for them. No ties with them other than a mysterious order from time to time.

So...he finally gravitated to the bar, talking to the various support staff and crewers. Commodore Elith was nice enough to dance a few numbers with him, but mostly he was making small talk with those who made the Empire work from day to day while doing a better than average at avoiding the sycophants and hangers-on looking for some kind of political favor.

He'd rather buy a round for the chauffers than be buttered up with free liquor from a politician's aide. How they got into a military ball was beyond him.

Somehow a couple cases of very good Whyren's had made it to the ball and that was flowing nicely. He kept his smoke whiskey for the time being. That was almost harder to get his hands on.

He noticed a cluster of retired troopers heading towards the gaming tables and figured he might have found a home for the night. If nothing else, he could gamble a few hands and not have to worry about hearing some state secret he shouldn't be listening to.
Retiree/FM Fury (ret)/VEA/TADATH/VE [MoHx4][SCPx3][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][SCP][MSMx2][IOC]
Baron Administrator - Imperial Center
Former Trooper and Proud of it
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  37
December 18, 2008 8:08:07 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Slowly pulled back the chair in front of him with Nick beside him and than sat down he tapped nick on the Shoulder as Nick turned around and smiled and than laughed heartily as he saw Zeshaun on the dance floor dancing about. Requiem watched himself as he saw Nick reach to the side of the table and lifted up a shot of whiskey and raised it to his lips and than placed the cup down on the table with a smash.

Requiem laughed and than slapped his hand to his mouth as he saw Zeshaun suddenly fall to the floor unconscious and he twitched on the spot. Nick and Requiem cursed because they knew that they had to go get him before he made more of a fool of himself or anyone else in his squad Jesus. . . how many beers did he have ? Requiem slowly raised himself from the table and casually walked to the bar.

He than slowly grabbed a drink of the table and walked to the dance floor inconspicuously. Nick than ran over and helped Requiem out as they pulled Zeshaun's Arms heavily and they began to heave and drag him back to the table. Zeshaun moaned and Requiem and Nick dropped him slowly he face planted into the glass below him and he said a slight 'ow' Nick and Requiem both winced as they lifted him up and put his arms around their shoulder's.

" What I do for my Squad members. . . " Requiem blurted out as he continued to heave Zeshaun to the their table as his feet dragged along the glass below him and made high pitched screech.

" Pick up his feet man . . " Nick blurted out as they had almost reached their table.

" Okay, just give me a 'sec. . . Their " Requiem lifted up his feet and continued to drag him along.

Requiem and Nick reached their table and they had gotten a few unusual glances from other trooper's and they gave a wave and hid their faces in embarrassment. They plopped Zeshaun down in a third chair to make it a perfect triangle and than casually picked up their menu's and hid their faces and tried to give Zeshaun his own menu but he seems unresponsive.

Nick placed a menu on top of Zeshaun's head so as he was not to be seen but it didn't work as quite as well as they thought but neither of them cared as much " There now we never speak of this again. Oh screw it i cant give up this chance " Requiem watched as Nick grabbed a camera from his side and took a picture of him while he was in a drunken state of sleep.

" Oh, Isn't black mail grand ? " Nick smiled and looked over to Requiem who had a large smirk on his face and he knew he would remember this for years to come.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Jegora
ComNet Member

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  780
Total Posts:  2175
December 19, 2008 1:03:58 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora was, for lack of a better word, nervous. He had never attended anything like the Imperial Ball before, and he was finding it quite distasteful. Not only were there just too many people present, but Jegora found his Class-A dress uniform quite uncomfortable. Glancing around, he shook his head. Some of the people in attendance seemed to be enjoying themselves, and Jegora envied them.

Sitting with his fellow Jesters at a table near the edge of the room, Jegora waited for his meal to be brought to him. After the standard delay it arrived, along with everyone else’s. Never one to waste good food, Jegora dug in. After the first few mouthfuls he realized the rest of his companions were staring at him. Swallowing his mouthful of food, Jegora looked around.

“What?” he asked innocently, taking another bite of his steak. As he chewed, Angel began to laugh. Shortly, the rest of the squad broke into quiet laughter, while Jegora continued to eat, feeling very self-conscious.

Eventually everyone finished their meals, and waiters came to take the dishes away. Once the tables were clear wine was brought out for the patrons. Jegora, unlike most of his companions, refused the drink, explaining that he couldn’t drink anything but Corellian Ale. As he sat at the table, watching his friends sip their drinks and talk about things that weren’t really important, Jegora let his thoughts wander.

He was shaken out of his reverie by a light touch on his shoulder. Looking up, Jegora’s eyes found Aeos’ face staring down at him. He was suddenly mesmerized, unable to move or speak.

Suddenly, Aeos giggled, breaking the moment. “How about a dance?” she asked. Jegora just nodded, letting himself be led out onto the floor. It was only then that Jegora remembered he couldn’t dance.
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1689
December 19, 2008 1:31:29 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky sighed happily, the music , this dance, everything was perfect.  She let her thoughts wander, recapping the adventures they'd had together, the missions with Alan and the squad. this had been another busy year and she was grateful for the relaxing effect the Ball gave her.

They danced for a little while longer, four songs later however, a small surprise was in store for them. Some of her squad members joined them, and all had dance partners. She smiled and murmured "they make for cute couples, don't they?"

"Indeed they do."

A short while later, there seemed to be a short break in the dancing. she was a little disappointed but saw the bar a little ways away, care for one last drink?"

"Sure."

Taking his hand, she slowly walked over to the bar and ordered two Corellian ales.

Helena
ComNet Member

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  324
Total Posts:  508
December 19, 2008 2:18:47 PM    View the profile of Helena 
OOC:
This was before Lucky's post.

A few silent moments passed on the Wraith table as the squad tucked into their meals. Helena held the crab filled fork to her pursed lips before opening her mouth and savouring the rich creamy flavour. The hall glistened and glimmered in the lighting which surprisingly didn’t melt it, considering it was all ice. Helena, not wearing the most suitable outfit for the cold, was starting to feel the chill of the ice from the chair greet her bare skin on her legs. She quickly finished up her meal in record time. Tapping Kanderin’s shoulder and smiling warmly, she took his hand pulling him up out of his chair.

“What was that for, I’ve not finished yet?” He questioned as his silver ware went flying across the table, almost hitting RK square in the forehead.

“Come dance?” She smiled, clutching her hand around his.

“If we have to” he smirked back.

She pulled him from the table and led him to the dance floor, to which many were still at it, drunk, but still at it. The music varied in tempo, making it cater for everyone. Kand had just got the hang of dancing after a few songs had past when Helena dragged him back to the bar. Helena slumped into an iced bar stool and waited for the bartender to work his way around to her.

“What can I get ya sweet cheeks?” He said with a wink.

“I’ll get a umm, peach schnapps” She blushed.

“Actually, make that two”

“Sure thing”

He briskly walked to the edge of the bar, locating a pink bottle and bringing it back to Helena. He then reached for 2 upturned glasses and placed them in front of her, pouring the pink liquid into them.

“There you go” he smiled once more.

“Thank you”

Helena bit her lip, and brought Kand back to the table to be with the others.

“Seemed like you were having fun” Ron laughed.

“Shut up will you. You can take the next dance” Kand replied trying to catch his breath still.
Sergeant Helena
Drill Instructer
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/SGT Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP][ES1]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1170
December 19, 2008 5:00:50 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky had ordered up the drinks and it wasn’t long before the bartender had brought over two large Corellian ales.  Alan took one of the ales and took a long swig of it.  The cool liquid flowed down his throat and he could taste the sweet aroma of the ale.  I don’t think there is a better drink than this thought Alan as he set his glass down on the bar.

“Looks like we lost our table” said Lucky.

Alan glanced over and noticed that two new people had taken a seat at the table that they had been seated at.  They were looking through the menu and obviously trying to decide what to have to eat.

“We could just sit here” replied Alan.

Lucky smiled, “I’d like that”.

Glancing around, Alan spotted two empty bar stools situated at the far end of the bar.  He moved hastily over to them and was glad that no-one had chosen to sit down on them.  He brought them back and soon Lucky and he was seated on the stools.

“It’s been quite a year” stated Lucky.

“That it has” replied Alan as he thought back to his time with Iron Horse, his leave of absence and to his return to the Vast Empire and rekindling his relationship with Lucky and to their marriage.

“Well, here’s to more adventures for next year” said Lucky, smiling as she raised her half filled glass.

“Whatever the coming year brings, we will face it together” replied Alan as he tapped his nearly empty glass to hers. 

He was certain that Lucky, himself and the rest of the Paladin squad would face a variety of difficult challenges in the coming year and he was ready for them.  For now though, he was enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of the Imperial Ball.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited December 19, 2008 5:03:00 PM)]
Hunter-Morrell
ComNet Member

Hunter-Morrell

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  534
Total Posts:  2071
December 19, 2008 5:55:51 PM    View the profile of Hunter-Morrell 
Meh
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Petty Officer 1st Class Hunter Morrell
FM/PO1 Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 3/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/ (=A=)(=SA=)[BC]

================================================

Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE

[This message has been edited by Hunter-Morrell (edited December 19, 2008 5:57:47 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Cadet

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  227
Total Posts:  304
December 19, 2008 5:58:09 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Leaning back in his chair and sipping the wine they had been served a little while before, Jori surveyed the dance floor. He had noticed Jeg and Aeos walking off to dance earlier and Angel and Kami had left to dance not soon after. Bright had came to the table for a couple minutes to gulp some food and drink down and she was off to the dance floor again with some trooper that Jori didn’t know, but was referred to as Jelly Bean. Jager was still in jail and was likely not getting out anytime soon, Gio and Wicket were nowhere to be seen, and Sam was lounging around the room, talking to anybody that would listen. That left just Jori at the table, looking like an idiot for sitting all by himself with nothing to do but look around. Swishing the rest of the wine around, he scowled and downed it.

Why is it that I always end up just sitting around with nothing to do? Everybody else always finds something to do, but leaves me all by myself.

Looking around, Jori spotted the bar and got up out of his chair. Hurrying over to it, he caught the attention of the bartender and ordered a Corellian Whiskey. He turned around and leaned back on the chair until his drink was served. Grabbing it and nodding to the bartender, Jori turned and walked out into the crowd. He nearly spilled his drink when a song with a fast beat came over the speakers and the crowd started dancing to the beat. Jori managed to weave through the crowd without spilling a drop of his whiskey, though getting nearly beat up in the process, and finally left it. He stopped and grinned, glad that he finally had a peaceful spot to drink his whiskey. Raising the whiskey, he opened his mouth in anticipation of the powerful whiskey, but received a sharp blow in the back instead, making him drop his drink all over the front of his dress shirt. He stared in horror at the empty glass for a full three seconds before his fury arose and he turned quickly to see a young trooper staring at him with a slightly scared look on his face. Jori grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him close.

“Even though you so kindly bumped into me and spilled this whiskey all over the front of my nice dress shirt, I’m going to go easy on you. After all it is the Imperial Ball and we are to have a good time, but you better go get me another Corellian Whiskey before I change my mind. Because if that happened... well, let’s just say you really don’t want that happening. Now, move.” Jori said, letting go off the young trooper and pushing him back.

Gulping loud enough for Jori to hear, he hesitated long enough for Jori to take a step forward which made up the trooper’s mind. Jori grinned as the trooper scampered off in search of the bar, but frowned as soon as he realized he hadn’t solved his main problem of finding something to do. Shaking off the thoughts, he found a seat nearby and waited for the trooper to find him and give him the whiskey.

“You better watch out from now on. There are a few veterans in here that won’t take kindly to someone knocking their drink out of their hand. They won’t be as… lenient… as I was.” Jori said quietly to the trooper.

Waving him off, Jori downed the whiskey in one gulp, savoring the taste as it rolled across his tongue and down his throat.

Now, I need to solve my main problem instead of finding new problems and solving them.

OOC:
Meh. Can someone involve me in something? It doesn't matter what.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageHO-HO-HOLIDAY SQUAD COMPETITION 2008Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Catachan
ComNet n00b

Catachan

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  145
December 21, 2008 7:47:57 PM    View the profile of Catachan 
just arriving to the party of some sort, skrat saw many, many unfamiliar faces. That could be for he had bad memory and plus he was just a recruit. Knowing, since ice wasnt his sort of idea of "enjoyment", he knew he probably wouldnt have a good night. Plus seeing all the dates that were human and he was pretty much the only Trandoshan for miles upon miles, he doubted many things would go to his liking. Atleast i brought something to do while im in the ice-hole, he thought to himself. While waiting for a fight or something "exciting" to break out, he ordered up a few drinks and sat in a dark spot in the back of the bar, hoping to have peace and somewhat quiet.
FM/LCRW Skrat/Nazgul 1-4/1FLT/VEN/VE (=A=)
The Marine Rifle Creed (modified)

"This is my blaster. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

"My blaster is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

"My blaster, without me, is useless. Without my blaster, I am useless. I must fire my blaster true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

"My blaster and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

"My blaster is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my blaster clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

"Before the Emperor, I swear this creed. My blaster and myself are the defenders of my empire. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

"So be it, until victory is the Empire's and there is no enemy, but peace!"
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  306
Total Posts:  896
December 21, 2008 8:03:17 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun woke with a screaming headache, i need a drink Zeshaun thought as he reached out for an ale sitting on the table. A hand moved faster than his and stole it away from him. Zeshaun looked up and saw Nick's smiling face holding the ale.

"I think you've had your share of drinks tonight Zesh." Nick said laughing.

Zeshaun tried to say something back but he couldn't quite put the words together and his headache was drowning out all his thoughts. Zeshaun looked back up and Nick and Requiem and saw Requiem holding a picture in his hand.

"What's that?" Zeshaun asked motioning toward the picture.

"Oh this?" Nick waved the picture in front of his face. "It's just a picture of you."

Zeshaun's face twisted in horror as he saw a picture of him slumped over in his chair, clearly passed out. Zeshaun let out a low growl.

"Give that to me." He said with an edge in his voice.

"I don't think so." Nick said laughing.

Zeshaun stood up to grab the picture but almost fell done when a wave of nausea struck him and his headache came back. He sat back down. Nick handed him a pill, he told Zeshaun that it should help with the headache. Zeshaun swallowed it and he leaned back in the chair. Now how do I plan my sweet revenge. Zeshaun thought, letting a smile sneak onto his face.

"What's so funny?" Nick asked slightly confused.

"Oh nothing." Zeshaun said already formulating a plan in his head.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  42
December 21, 2008 9:22:14 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem stood still in his chair as he than fluffed his collar, he continued to get ready to go back into the ball's center to look for some companions. He had never actually been on the hunt before, but something told him he was ready to go for it I've seen enough movies to know what I'm doing he slowly got up and looked to Zeshaun as he somehow had a menacing look on his face, they exchanged glances back and forth. Requiem slid the rest of his ale over to Zeshaun and than spoke out.

" You look like you need it more than I do " he laughed and Nick did as well as he than pushed back his chair. He than slid from his seat and continued to fix his suit. He felt a foot in front of his at the last second but couldn't retaliate and tripped and fell to the floor in a clatter.

" What the hell Zeshaun ? " Requiem yelled in protest as he than raised his arm's high into the air. He than turned to his left and his right only to see the guest's of the imperial ball staring him down with unusual look's on their faces.

He tried to calm down the crowd. " Oh, uh sorry. . .  small misunderstanding, go back to your lives " Requiem said as he turned around on the spot trying to speak to every guest. Requiem than slowly sunk back down in a heap in his old chair and looked over to Zeshaun.

" You just made me look like an idiot. . ."Requiem said as he looked to Zeshaun with an angry look in his eye.

" Oh that's just the beginning " Zeshaun said under his breath to make sure no one heard.

" What ? " Requiem asked since he heard a small fraction of his dialogue.

" Nothing go back to the dance floor, I think I heard the girl's calling you. . ." Zeshaun said as he held back a snicker.

Requiem gave Zeshaun the 'Evil Eye' and than continued to fix his Tux he than tripped over his own shoelace and than caught his footing before he fully capsized. Requiem winced and than placed his hand to his forehead. Requiem than continued to step towards the 3 girl's in a small pack watching him from afar. look good, act cool, you got this in the bag Req Requiem than stood still as he saw Alan and Lucky swoop in front of him and than stop as they gave him a stare.

" Where are you going ? " Lucky asked as Alan and her rotated in the same spot.

" Over there " Requiem said as he tried the step forward. They stopped him in his tracks, and they than blocked his way.

" You've made a fool of yourself already Requiem. . .we dont need anything else to make fun of you for tommorow sit down. . ." Alan confessed as he grabbed a rose from a table's vase and than placed it in his mouth.

Requiem turned on the spot and walked back to the table and he swore he heard the word " TANGO " being yelled across the ballroom in a muffled voice and he took it to be Alan's. Requiem sat down in a heap at his table as Nick and Zeshaun looked at him, he than slowly scrunched up his face and stuck out his tongue like a child. player haters. . .
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited December 21, 2008 9:23:27 PM)]
Catachan
ComNet n00b

Catachan

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  17
Total Posts:  145
December 21, 2008 10:01:00 PM    View the profile of Catachan 
After a few drinks, Skrat saw the man named "requiem" slumped in his chair, by the looks very saddened. Knowing everyone has had a good time and he was slumped in a chair, I knew something was up. I beckoned the bartender over and got a corellian ale. I got up and approached requiem. When I got there, I gave him the coreliian ale and 900 IC's.

Requiem looked up, looking puzzled since he didn't know me. "happy holidays and may your night improve." I said to him in a very broken human language. Like a ghost in a white back-drop, Skrat left into the night like he never exsisted.

P.S. im not gonna really transfer 900 IC's to you, its just a part of the story
FM/LCRW Skrat/Nazgul 1-4/1FLT/VEN/VE (=A=)
The Marine Rifle Creed (modified)

"This is my blaster. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

"My blaster is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

"My blaster, without me, is useless. Without my blaster, I am useless. I must fire my blaster true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

"My blaster and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

"My blaster is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my blaster clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

"Before the Emperor, I swear this creed. My blaster and myself are the defenders of my empire. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

"So be it, until victory is the Empire's and there is no enemy, but peace!"
[This message has been edited by Catachan (edited December 21, 2008 10:02:20 PM)]
Rawr
ComNet n00b

Rawr

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  10
Total Posts:  112
December 23, 2008 5:16:00 PM    View the profile of Rawr 
Darkness filled the outside, in contrast to the illuminated building that the Imperial Ball was taking place in.  Kristof O’Neill made his way inside; he was a short bit late for the festivities, but it did not seem to really bug him. When he approached the door to the building, it slid open, at which time the area glowed with the lights and sounds of the ball. He gave a short half-laugh, and entered. Upon which he walked up towards the doors to the main room.

“May I take your coat, sir?” The coat checker asked.
Kristof could see that the man was bored to hell with his job; always asking the same question, and getting the same answer.

“No.” he said with a small grin.

The man looked in almost shock at the answer, “Very well? Have a good evening.”

“Yeah…” Kristof said as he continued into the main room.
‘Why the hell am I here? I hate social functions…’
He looked across the room, and saw all the members of the Vast Empire socializing with each other, getting to know their comrades.
’What a great party …’ he thought to himself as he walked into the room.
He reached into his coat pocket to make sure it was still there, he made sure it was before he left, but he checked again.  He shook the bottle, he then knew it was there.  With the hand in his pocket, he opened the bottle and removed two of the capsules. Sealing the bottle, he set the capsules under the bottle, he would not be leaving them there long.
He walked up to the bar, and asked the bartender.

“What can I get for you, sir?” the bartender asked.

“How much for a pint of ale?”

“Open bar, no cost.”

“Alright then.”

“Variant?” the bartender strangely asked.

“Excuse me?” Kristof asked, confused at what he asked.

“What variant of ale would you like?”

“Hell if I know, I don’t drink.”

“Fair enough then, I’ll just get you the most popular kind.”

“Okay?” He said, not really concerning himself with anything the guy was saying.

Kristof looked around the room, still a boring party, no action.

“Your drink, sir.” The bartender said, as he set a pint in front of Kristof.

He looked at it, and then turned back to the party. He was just strangely staring off into nothing, as if his mind was somewhere else. Then, out of nowhere, he faked a cough, and slipped the two Urtazox capsules into his mouth. He then picked up the pint of ale, and got a drink.

“Can I smoke in here, or will they throw me out?” he asked the man.

“Hrm… good question. I know there is an area out the door to the far right where some events use for a smoking area, but I am not sure about this one.”

“Another pint.”

“Alright …” the bartender said confused, as he looked at the full pint that he already had.

As the bartender filled the glass, Kristof pulled out a credit chip for five credits.

“Here you are, Sir.” The bartender said as he set it down.

“Thanks…” Kristof said, as he set down the chip, and picked up both glasses. He then got up and walked towards the door.

[[You really think you are going to fit in here? You think this will make up for all you have lost?]] the voice said.

“Quiet you, I really don’t care.” He mumbled to himself.

[[You are just running from you past, it is futile. Eventually you will see that these people are not your family. Your family is gone, and nothing can replace that.]]

He continued to walk towards the door, “Enough.” He said.

[[What? After all these years, you are sick of hearing me? I am your conscious… I am your soul.]]

“I said enough!” he loudly said as he stopped walking.

A few people turned to see what was going on, but seeing nothing strange went back to the festivities. Kristof again started to walk, and headed for the door at the far right.
Private Kristof "Rawr" O'Neill
TRN / PVT Kristof "Rawr" O'Neill / Hellgate / STC Academy / Tadath / VEA / VE
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

Post Number:  427
Total Posts:  504
December 25, 2008 9:38:35 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas walked up the steps to the gargantuan building that held the Imperial Holiday Ball. In all the years he had been in the Vast Empire he had never been to an Imperial Ball. His outfit was composed of a Crimson red suite top and black pants with a nice pair of dress shoes he found in his quarters from his Father.

He entered the great hall and brushed his brown hair from his eyes off to one side and looked around for people he knew. The hustle and bustle suited the atmosphere of this event. He spotted the Wraith table and a few familiar faces from way back in the day. Lukas walked over to the table and sat in a vacant chair next to Kanderin and gave him a nod and a few words.

His food was still semi-warm, which he was actually quite surprised due to the fact that he had come somewhat late to the ball, but had just found out about it due to his long leave of absence. Lukas tried the food that was on his plate and much to his surprise he actually liked it, he wasn't too fond of the rich food they served around the galaxy because it was usually overkilled with spice or wasn't cooked enough.

After getting done with the decent food Lukas got up and walked around, he saw Snipes sitting at the bar and laughed to himself.

"I didn't think I would see you here, of all people", a voice familiar to Lukas came from behind. Lukas turned around and looked to see who it was, it was Kanderin and Helena, a person he had not seen before but was introduced at a previous squad meeting.

Lukas grinned a bit and nodded.

"I thought I would check it out, seeing as I haven't ever been to one of these kinds of functions before", his eyes darting from person to person behind the couple as people were dancing.

"Well you two enjoy yourselves, I'll catch up more with you guys later. I'm going to try and find some people I haven't seen in awhile.", he bid them farewell and continued to walk around.

He was hoping to see Kuroishi and other Wraith members from the old days,early in his career. But none were present, except fro Snipes of course.

Lukas walked onto the dance floor and danced around with Kami for a few dances, allowing the few that Angel permitted.

"Your a very good dancer Lukas", Kami said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you Kami, your just as good as I am, I didn't think I could find someone to dance with of my caliber..", he chuckled a bit as she laughed with him.

"I think I'll let you get back with your date, I don't think he likes it that I am with you and your not with him", Lukas grinned and let go of her hands and stepped back some.

Kami bowed and smiled.

"I'll talk to you guys later..", he turned away and went to find some other familiar faces...
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Assistant Squad Leader
ID Line: AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
-=Wraith Squad=-
TX-47
ComNet Member

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  329
Total Posts:  621
January 5, 2009 6:32:56 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank and Saphira took their time enjoying the air cakes before tearing into the Rycrit stew and Sautéed Munch-fungus.  Being a first-timer Tank was amazed at how good it was!  Tank couldn't help making "mm-mmmn" sounds of approval, This is even better than Saphy described!! he thought.  Saph for her part acknowledged Tank's tacit appreciation with a knowing grin between bites.

Pouring herself and Tank each a glass of Fermented fungus ale they washed the wonderful stew down.  Following Saph's lead, Tank used a Munch-fungus breadstick to mop up the remnants of the tasty stew.  Again he couldn't contain the inevitable "Mmmmnn" reaction to the ecstacy his tastebuds were experiencing.

Gates was oblivious as he chatted it up with Orobos (why did notice but politely said nothing).  Oro was just glad he was succeeding at keeping his food away from his ASL's feet...

Finishing up the breadsticks, Tank fished a small package from his jacket pocket.  Saph looked at him quizzically.  "Happy holidays, Saphira.  I saw this in the Imperial Center Store and just knew you had to have it."  Tank smiled as he handed it to her.

"Why thank your Tank!  You shouldn't have." she said smiling back as she took it in her hands, her lekku twitching in anticipation.  Barely containing herself she tore open the wrappings.  Opening the box delicately she was nicely surprised by the Ruusan necklace she found inside.  Faster than Tank could blink she gave him a quick kiss then asked "Help me get it on?"

Clearing his throat "Of course.  It would be my pleasure."  Saph turned her back to him as he draped the light chains around her neck and latched the clasps together.
Saph noticed that their Ryshcate hadn't arrived yet and had an idea.  Smiling mischievously she stood and pulled the taller stormtrooper to his feet.  "Our ryshcate hasn't arrived yet, so we should have time for a dance.." she said as she led him to the dance floor.
OOC:
dancing to ultraviolet http://view.playlist.com/14492853771/asx

Tank was a little nervous; he never considered himself a great dancer.  Tank consoled himself with the fact he hadn't had any complaints as he resigned himself to his fate.  With a little effort he relaxed and followed Saphira's movements, flowing into the rythm of the music.

"Not bad trooper..." Saph said as the song ended.  "I'd say you were enjoying that, near the end.." she said playfully.

Before he could answer her Helena surprised them both "May I cut in?" she asked as another track of dance music started.  "I seem to have worn the others out..." she said flicking her thumb toward her squad's table.  Sure enough, all her squadmates were slouched in their seats, most too tired to move.  One Tank couldn't recognize was barely able to eat, but Kand was ravenously ripping through a meaty dish to get his strength back.  As Tank noted a few men at neighboring tables in a similar state he heard Saph...

"Sure you can borrow him!  Don't worry Tank!  I'll save plenty of ryshcate for you!" she said with a wicked grin as she retreated to the BlackJack's table.  With a strength that surprised him, Helena hauled Tank back onto the dance floor and started dancing to the rythm without missing a beat.  Tank was impressed.  And a little worried.  He didn't know Helena half as well as Saph, and she outranks him.  I hope I'm not turning too red he though as this dance was more hands on than the dance with Saph, but Helena was the one in charge and Tank did his best to keep up.

By the time the dance ended Tank was relived.  "Thanks Tank. Your not bad, you just need to loosen up more an' relax" she said.

"Thank you, Helena." he said as he made a slight bow.  As Kand took her back for the next number, Tank made his way back to Saphira and the Ryshcate.

Gnawing absently on a piece of ryshcate Saphira grinned and handed a piece to Tank as he took his seat.  "The warrior returns!" she says before taking a biteof her own ryshcate.

Tank gives her a look that says 'be nice' as he sinks his teeth into the ryshcate Saph gave him.  Saph and Tank eat their ryshcates in silence for a bit as Garryll's jokes has Oro rolling his eyes.  Eventually Saph opens the bottle of Whyrren's Reserve and pours glasses for herself and Tank. 

"Come on Tank, admit it.  You're having fun!" she said then quaffed a shot of ale.

Tank smiled back at her, "Yeah.  I am." he admitted before taking a shot himself.  Together they made small talk as they ate the ryshcate and washed it down with shots of Whyrren's Reserve.  As they finished the ryshcate a song Saph liked started playing, and she brooked no objections as she took Tank back out on the dance floor...

Tonight is a good night.  I'll have to thank Garryll for talking me into it... he mused as he danced with Saph.  Interesting, and nice...

"You know, i could help you with your technique sometime" Saph offered as they danced. 

"I think I'll take you up on that offer..." he answered... noting Kand and Helena were still going...  They look happy....
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
[This message has been edited by TX-47 (edited January 6, 2009 6:08:01 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > A Taste of Elegance. . .(Imperial Holiday Ball)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:11:18 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 193  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >