Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Deceptions Down Under (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Deceptions Down Under (Paladin)
Zeshaun
ComNet n00b

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  896
  RE: Deceptions Down Under (Paladin)
October 7, 2008 3:59:50 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Alan and Zeshaun stood guard at the door waiting for any news from the rest of the squad.

Lucky's voice crackled over the comm. "We have to get to the basement, what we want is there. be on your guard though, if these plans have been unchanged when they built this place, there will be twice as many guards below us. There's a server room down there along with some other areas we might want to explore. You guys let me at the computers and go find any hard evidence we can take with us. After we take care of the baddies of course."

Zeshaun heard Alan let out a sigh. Zeshaun knew he wanted to be going down there helping out.

"Hope they don't get into to much trouble, I don't know how fast we can go down there to back them up." Alan said more to himself than anyone else.

"They'll be alright sir." Zeshaun said those words but wasn't sure if he believed them.

Alan's head turned slightly, then gave Zeshaun a sign to be quiet. Zeshaun looked around, he looked toward the spot Alan was looking at and at first he didn't see anything but then he saw a bush move. He looked over at Alan.

"I'm gonna go check it out, cover me." Alan took a long way around to the bush. Alan looked around the bush but found nothing.

While Zeshaun was watching Alan search the bush he heard a rustle behind him as well. When he turned to look he was looking into the barrel of a rifle.

A group of about 15 men were standing behind him all carrying rifles. "Call your friends up here. We know they are in the base."

Just then Alan came back around the corner, "I guess we were just seeing things..." Alan duck for cover behind the corner as a shot nearly caught him in the shoulder, it left a smouldering mark on the ground.

"Idiot! The boss said he wanted these guys alive, if you kill them you'll be in big trouble." The leader of the group said.

Alan pocked his head around the corner and fired back. When the men ducked for cover it gave Zeshaun a chance to grab his rifle. He ran back toward Alan's position and fired shots as he ran.

Alan shot again and this time hit one of the men sqaure in the chest. It sent the man spinning back.

Zeshaun saw the other men fire back and one of the bolts hit Alan in the shoulder. Alan crumpled over and fell to the ground. Zeshaun got a sick feeling in his stomach and turned to return fire.

Another man fell when he was shot in the stomach but there were too many, Zeshaun took a full blast to the chest and his world went black.

Lucky and the rest of the squad found some good hard evidence and holo's, finishing up she checked up on Zeshaun and Alan.

"Alan, Zeshaun, hows the wildlife up there?" Lucky said through the comm. When all she got was static she knew there was something wrong.

"Oh crap, lets move Paladin's we might be in trouble." Lucky started making her way back.

When Zeshaun awoke he saw that Alan was already up and in the same situation as him

Their hands were cuffed along with there feet and there helmets were off so they couldn't send comm messages.

We are so screwed Zeshaun thought to himself.
Private First-Class Zeshaun
VehicleCrewman
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR]
I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!
    Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited October 7, 2008 8:13:11 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  916
Total Posts:  1795
October 9, 2008 7:32:43 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
If there was one thing Alan hated was being on guard duty, especially when the rest of the squad were facing danger.  He understood why Lucky had assigned him with Zeshaun on guard duty.  The kid was new and a little green, still, he showed a lot of promise and Alan was hoping that this new recruit would develop and grow into a fine officer.

"They'll be alright sir" commented Zeshaun.

Alan hoped so, he still wanted to run in after them but orders were orders.  Standing there, scanning the terrain, Alan's attention was suddenly drawn to a bush, it shook slightly and Alan knew that they could be in trouble.

"I'm gonna go check it out, cover me" said Alan as weapon, he advanced on the bush.  He moved round it slowly, weapon raised and prepared to fire.  What the hell he thought to himself as he went behind the bush to find nothing.

"I guess we were just seeing things" said Alan as he headed back to Zeshaun.  Oh hell thought Alan as he moved out and found himself confronted with fifteen men.  Alan dove for cover as blaster bolts flew around him, too close for his liking.

From his covering position, he fired back and was satisfied to see one of the men fall down and Zeshaun making a break for it.  Alan knew he had to give the kid covering fire, so he emerged from his position and started laying down fire.  All of a sudden his body was flung backwards and an immense pain shot through his shoulder.  Son of a bitch cursed Alan.  He struggled to get back up but lay down on the ground as a dozen men stood over him, weapons pointing at him.  Alan knew it was over.

Alan was forced to his feet and told to move.  Cradling his sore shoulder, Alan looked over as two men grabbed Zeshaun's limp body.  Alan hoped the kid was alright.  They were dragged into a nearby building and chained up.  Alan winced as his shoulder throbbed repeatedly from the position he was chained up in.

It felt like hours had passed until Zeshaun finally woke.  Alan wasn't sure on how long it had actually been and he was uncertain whether or not Lucky and the rest of the squad would find them.  He knew that it would only be a matter of time before these men saw no use for them and eliminated them.

"Are you ok?" asked Alan as Zeshaun regained consciousness.

"Yes" croaked Zeshaun who was obviously in pain, "I took a blast to my chest but I think my armour took the brunt of the blast.  How are you holding up Sir?"

"I'll survive" replied Alan, "we need to get out of here somehow".

"Agreed" replied Zeshaun, "any plans?"

Alan looked at their bonds and at their surroundings and thought to himself I wish I did kid, I wish I did.
Sergeant First Class AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Hellgate Drill Instructor
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  28
October 9, 2008 3:59:31 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Are you ok?" Alan asked as Zeshaun slowly regauned consciousness

"Yes" croaked Zeshaun was feeling some sharp pain in his chest where he was hit. "I took a blast to my chest but I think my armour took the brunt of the blast.  How are you holding up Sir?"

"I'll survive" replied Alan, "we need to get out of here somehow".

"Agreed" Zeshaun nodded, "any plans?"

Alan looked around and shook his head.

Zeshaun was disapointed, this was his first mission and he was already tied up, captured and had marked up his new armor. armor...my vibroblade!

Zeshaun put one hand in his belt and waited until their guards were looking the other way. He snapped on his vibroblade and started to saw at the cuffs.

Alan gave Zeshaun a smile seeing what he was up to. "Nice thinking kid."

The vibroblade cut through the cuffs in a matter of minutes and Zeshaun was free. He dropped the knife at a place that Alan could reach. Alan was also free but the difficult part was not showing it when the guards turned to look.

"Let's see if we can sneak over to our blasters." Alan pointed to the rifles and his blaster sitting next to the wall.

They slowly craweled over to them and quietly grabbed them. "Hey!" One of the gaurds turned and pointed his rifle at Alan but Alan was quick with a blaster and had downed both of them before they could get off a shot.

"Nice shooting sir." Zeshaun was in awe.

"Thanks," Alan smiled, "now lets go help our squad down in the building.

Alan and Zeshaun made sure no one else was up here and slowly entered the building.

The first room was full of pannels with a lot of buttons and lost of screens. The screens showed different rooms and hallways. "Those must be the security camera's, some of them are disabled." Zeshaun pointed to a couple of screens that were not showing any image.

"Lets find a way down, if I remember right that's where Lucky said they were going." Alan started moving down a hallway that had some signs with stairs on it.

They heard voices but weren't sure where they were coming from. "Be on your guard they could be in the rooms." Alan pointed to the doors on either side of the hallway.

Alan reached a door at the end of the hallway that had some stairs leading down. When Alan opened the door they could hear some footsteps fading away down the stairs. "Let's move." Alan and Zeshaun both moved down the stairs and after going down one set of stairs they reached the basement.

Alan motioned for Zeshaun to open the door and he would check to see if it was clear. Zeshaun whipped open the door and Alan went through with a  raised rifle. "Clear" Alan's voice came in over the comm.

Zeshaun followed him in and they entered a room full of cabinets and computers. The light was rather dim and there were a few doors in the back. They could not immediately see the people that they had heard coming down the stairs or the rest of the Paladin's.

"Let's search the room for any signs of a fight and then we'll search whatever is behind the doors next." Alan said

Zeshaun nodded. They started to walk through the aisles and aisles of shelves and cabinets.  Nothing interesting was to be found, it seemed that someone had come through earlier and ransacked the place.

"This room is all clear." Alan said. "Let's head over to the first door down there."

Zeshaun went up to the door and pointed down toward the ground. There was a light on in that room. "Okay, we'll do the same thing, whip open the door and I'll go in." Zeshaun nodded and positioned himself.

"Now." Alan said.

Zeshaun opened the door and Alan peaked around the frame to see who was inside.

"Open Fire!" A familiar voice shouted.

"Wait! Wait, It's Alan and Zeshaun we came down to save you guys!" Alan shouted.

The shots stopped and Zeshaun stepped out from behind the door. They were greeted by the rest of the Paladin squad.

"Did you guys run into trouble down here?" Alan asked

"You mean other than the twenty something guards that were hanging out down here? No." Lucky said.

"Well then we better search the place because we were attacked by 15 men and I think we only killed about 5 of them. The other ten should be somewhere down here." Alan said.

"Well, lets take a look." Lucky started out the door and headed for another door that was labeled archives
Army of the Vast Empire
    Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light[/size]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image[/align]
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited October 9, 2008 7:08:15 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1513
Total Posts:  3440
October 9, 2008 6:57:47 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
The Pallies looked into room after room and found offices with desks overflowing with paperwork, personal computers that looked ancient and very slow. Seeing nothing of interest, they continued searching and killed off the men they came across as they went about their business.

At the end of a hall was a metal door, wondering what was inside, she tried to open it but it was locked. Spotting a card reader beside the door, she unscrewed the panel with a pocket knife she had on her and cut the wires that enabled the locking mechanism. With a soft click! the door swung open and revealed banks of servers and a computer on a far wall.

Moving towards it, she got out a cord and plugged herself in, downloading everything onto a mobile hard drive she had on her. "Keep watch while I take care of this guys, we don't need any-' she was cut off by shots ringing out in their direction.

Alan peeked out the corner of the door frame, keeping cover and shot down the three men who had been firing at them, staring at the display, she was discouraged to see that the download was only 50% complete.

When all this nasty business is over guys, I'm taking everyone out for  drinks and we'll have a nice party."

Three minutes and four more dead men later, teh download was complete and they could get out of here. Their only problem was, they didn't kill all fifteen men.

"Let's go find the rest of these scumbags then let's go to the hotel and get a bit of rest before we do anything else."
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  919
October 9, 2008 8:00:35 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was overjoyed when he heard Lucky saying she was going to take the squad out for drinks.  He licked his lips as he imagined a nice tall glass of cool corellian ale, no wait, make that two nice corellian ales, actually, come to think of it, his mind was thinking of a lot more than that.  Let’s get the job done so we can get to those drinks thought Alan.

The squad left the office and started walking down the corridor slowly.  Everyone was checking every corner knowing that was scumbags in here somewhere.  Up ahead, the corridor opened up into an open office workspace.

As soon as the squad entered the open area, several blaster bolts flew over their heads.  The squad dived for cover behind some desks.  Thank goodness these guys are lousy shots thought Alan.

Lucky started waving her hands around, silently ordering the squad to fan out.  The squad was very experienced and professional and soon all of them were moving in different directions, seeking out those that had fired the shots.

Alan had chosen to move to the far right of the room so that his back was against a wall.  He felt more secure in this location as he crawled along the floor.  From his vantage point, he was able to look along the floor.  He immediately spotted a pair of boots that were not standard imperial issue.

Knowing full well that none of the squad was wearing boots like that, Alan smiled to himself and fired.  The owner of the boots cried out and jumped in the air howling.  His howls did not last long because as soon as the man was up and out in the open, Alan downed him with a clean shot to the forehead.

Well that’s one down, I wonder how the rest of the squad is doing thought Alan.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  31
October 9, 2008 8:23:01 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
As the squad moved about searching the nooks and crannies of the place a few shots flew over their heads. Everyone dove for cover. Lucky waved her hand around telling everyone to fan out.

Zeshaun moved out behind the desks and was close to the tall shelves. He figured he could climb on top of one with out drawing to much attention. He heard a blaster shot and a yelp and used that moment to climb up.

From his vantage point he could see the head of one man taking aim at someone. Zeshaun didn't wait to see who. He lowered his rifle and took one shot.

The shot hit the man in the side of the stomach and he let out a scream before he fell to the ground. Zeshaun hoped that one shot did not give away his position.

He searched the room and saw a couple of the other squad members moving around. Zeshuan decided that he would sit up there and cover his squad mates that needed it.

As Zeshaun sat up on the shelves a large impact knocked over the shelf next to his. Zeshaun jumped down to get out of the way.

He landed right next to the Delta Ohm that was aiming at him. The Delta Ohm was carrying a large rifle, not standard issue. thank god they have bad aim.

Zeshaun lunged at the man attempting to muffle his cries of surprise. Zeshaun let out a furry of blows on the mans face. The man managed to land a knee to Zeshaun's stomach and Zeshaun fell off of the man.

The man got up and reached for his hand blaster but Zeshaun took out a vibroblade and lunged again. His first swing cut off a few fingers off the man' hands and left his splurting blood onto Zeshaun. His next slice was a small slice on his back. As the man bent back in pain Zeshaun neatly cut the mans jugular and he finally fell down dead.

Zeshaun was now covered in blood but was okay, other than the slight stomach ache from the knee.

He hoped the rest of the squad fared just as well as he did.
Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  922
October 10, 2008 7:31:24 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Keeping his back to the wall, Alan continued his movement through the room.  He hadn't seen any other Delta Ohms and he was starting to wonder whether his squad mates had despatched all of them.  He hoped not as he wanted to kill a few more before returned back to the hotel for a much needed break and even more desired corellian ale.

He spotted Lucky moving stealthily through the middle of the room.  Alan thought about moving down to join her as there was nothing going on in his side when he spotted a Delta Ohm targeting her.  He brought up his com unit to inform her she was being targeted but found that the com unit was met with static.  Damn he cursed to himself either this room is well shielded or they are jamming our transmissions.

Without a second thought, Alan moved quickly but quietly towards the Delta Ohm.  He thought about firing a shot at the man but decided against it in case it alerted any others to his position.  Instead he snuck up behind the man and grabbed his head.  He twisted sharply and was satisfied when he heard an audible crack.  The man's head became floppy and Alan lowered the body gently to the ground.

Alan was about to return back to his previous position when he felt the barrel of a blaster being jammed into his back.  I'm dead he thought to himself.  Then he noticed from the corner of his eye a blaster bolt heading towards him.  It passed by and the blaster was no longer in his back.  He glanced round and saw the Delta Ohm lying down dead.  Alan glanced over and spotted a very bloody looking Zeshaun.  Alan gave him a quick salute and thought to himself looks like he's had some fun

I wonder how many more of them there are thought Alan as he moved back to the wall to continue his advance.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  34
October 10, 2008 3:47:21 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
After Zeshaun took care of the man and he stepped out cautiously from the cover of the shelves. He saw Alan against a wall and threw a quick salute. Alan started to advance.

Zeshaun followed suit . Zeshaun rested the rifle at his side but was keeping a hand on it just in case someone surprised him.

"How is the clean up going?" Zeshaun asked through the comm. All he got was static.

Sithspawn, looks like they have some sort of jamming going on.
The squad was now unable to coordinate anything and they would have to go by visuals.

Zeshaun crawled through the desks and cabinets and followed a path parrallel to Alans. As Zeshaun crawled he saw a knee that was not in stormtrooper armor. Zeshaun took aim and fired.

The shot was very loud and broke the silence in the room but it did the job, the man was rolling around on the ground grabbing at his knee. As the man's head came into view Zeshaun shot again and the man was still.

He could hear a shuffle of feet as the men and the Paladin's moved themselves around. Zeshaun new that the Delta Ohms would be coming in his direction. He hoped Alan would pick up on this and help him out if needed.

Zeshaun also noticed that he was leaving a trail of blood along the floor from rubbing his armor against the ground. Sithspit Zeshaun had nearly laid out a map to his position.

He got up and moved at a quick trot. Shots flew by his head as he ran for cover. The shots taken at Zeshaun by the men had given their position away to the other Paldin's and they had been neatly taken care of.
Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited October 10, 2008 10:06:30 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  35
October 10, 2008 3:47:46 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
After Zeshaun took care of the man and he stepped out cautiously from the cover of the shelves. He saw Alan against a wall and threw a quick salute. Alan started to advance.

Zeshaun followed suit . Zeshaun rested the rifle at his side but was keeping a hand on it just in case someone surprised him.

"How is the clean up going?" Zeshaun asked through the comm. All he got was static.

Sithspawn, looks like they have some sort of jamming going on.
The squad was now unable to coordinate anything and they would have to go by visuals.

Zeshaun crawled through the desks and cabinets and followed a path parrallel to Alans. As Zeshaun crawled he saw a knee that was not in stormtrooper armor. Zeshaun took aim and fired.

The shot was very loud and broke the silence in the room but it did the job, the man was rolling around on the ground grabbing at his knee. As the man's head came into view Zeshaun shot again and the man was still.

He could hear a shuffle of feet as the men and the Paladin's moved themselves around. Zeshaun new that the Delta Ohms would be coming in his direction. He hoped Alan would pick up on this and help him out if needed.

Zeshaun also noticed that he was leaving a trail of blood along the floor from rubbing his armor against the ground. Sithspit Zeshaun had nearly laid out a map to his position.

He got up and moved at a quick trot. Shots flew by his head as he ran for cover. The shots taken at Zeshaun by the men had given their position away to the other Paldin's and they had been neatly taken care of.

OOC:
this was kind of short but will post again later, have to leave right now.
Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  925
October 12, 2008 9:11:40 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Hearing a scream, Alan turned round and was happy to see that it was a Delta Ohm, rolling around clutching his knee, mere seconds before he was taken out.  Alan looked for the source of the shot and noticed it was Zeshaun.  Nice shooting kid thought Alan.

Alan was about to progress further when he spotted something.  He had to look again to be sure as he was certain no-one could be so foolish.  What the hell is he doing thought Alan as he watched Zeshaun started to run.  True enough, Zeshaun’s movements had given away his position.

Alan looked on as several men started firing at the inviting target.  No you don’t thought Alan as he brought his blaster to bear on the two men that were targeting Zeshaun.  Both men never knew what had hit them as each man received a clean blaster bolt through their foreheads, spinning their bodies around until they collapsed down dead.

Alan shadowed Zeshaun until he was clear.  He had been surprised that no other enemy had taken a shot at them.  Once they were both clear, they waited for the rest of the squad to arrive.

Lucky arrived last and looked around at everyone.  She took off her helmet and asked “did we get everyone?”

Alan slipped off his helmet and looked around at everyone and replied “I don’t know.  I wasn’t exactly counting”.

Hassar stated “well I never saw anyone else so I guess we must’ve”.

“Alright, let’s assume that we got everyone.  Let’s make our way back to the hotel” said Lucky as she donned her helmet once more.

With that, everyone followed suit and put their helmets on.  Most still carried their blaster rifles in the chance that there may still be other’s around.  Alan preferred to holster his weapon, knowing that should he need it, it would be in his hands in a matter of seconds.

Exiting the building, Alan was happy to be outside once again.  He was more looking forward however to getting back to the hotel and to his glass of corellian ale.  His thoughts were short lived as the ground around the Paladin squad erupted as numerous blaster bolts tore up the ground.  Everyone dived for cover.

Peeking up from behind the rock that Alan had found for cover, Alan looked to see what it was they were facing.  Son of a bitch cursed Alan.

“What is it Sir?” queried Zeshaun, who could tell from Alan’s actions that he knew what they were facing.

“They’ve got an E-Web” replied Alan.

“What’s an E-Web?” asked Hassar.

Alan glanced over at Hassar, surprised that he didn’t know.  “It’s a heavy repeating blaster” replied Alan, “and we’ll be cut to shreds it we try to advance on it”.

“So what do we do?” asked Novacaine.

What do we do indeed thought Alan as he glanced over at Lucky.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  38
October 12, 2008 9:48:46 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
The squad, assuming that they were all dead, started out of the building. Zeshaun winced as the bright light of the sun caused his visor to adjust.

Suddenly a tide of bolts ripped the ground. Everyone dove for cover. Alan had a dismayed look on his face.

"What is it sir?" Zeshaun asked, he knew Alan must know what they were facing

"They've got an E-web." Alan said.

“What’s an E-Web?” asked Hassar.

Alan looke dover at Hassar  “It’s a heavy repeating blaster” replied Alan, “and we’ll be cut to shreds it we try to advance on it”.

“So what do we do?” asked Novacaine.

Zeshaun let out a sigh, we were so close to getting out of here.
The squad needed something with a lot of firepower, something like a grenade.

Zeshaun turned to Alan. "Sir, do you have a grenade?"

Alan grimaced, "Unfortunately, no but maybe someone else does."

Zeshaun looked around the group, everyone shook their heads.

"I have a flash bang." Lucky said as she crouched to avoid the bolts. "It won't kill them but it will give us a small gap to move in on their position."

Everyone knew the consequences, if the squad was a second late on the attack they would all be caught in the open ground and be mowed down.

"It's our best shot, let's do this." Alan got ready to spring out from behind the rock.

Zeshaun did the same if Alan's gonna do it then why not. Hassar, and Novacaine set up behind Lucky and Lennik came and set himself behind Alan.

"On the count of three. One...two...three!" Lucky lobbed the flash bang high into the air.

The bolts stopped coming and that was the cue for the squad to move.

Everyone made a mad dash toward the position of the E-web. Zeshaun saw some of the men that were trying to recover from the explosion as quickly as possible.

Almost at the same time, the squad started pouring laser fire into the crew of the E-web. Zeshaun saw a couple men go down.

One of the men, still partially blinded got his hand on the trigger and pulled it. A blast of bolts went up in the air. Luckily the man couldn't aim but randomly shooting an E-web could still be deadly against the enemy.

The men's shots slowly became more  and more accurate. The man at the gun aimed toward Alan's crew. Zeshaun aimed for the man pulling the trigger but before he could get his shot off the man flew back and hit a tree.

"Nice shot Lucky." Zeshaun said.

They fell upon the E-webs position. They caught most of the men as they were just recovering fully and their hands went straight up to their heads.

Lucky rounded them all up and cuffed them.

"What should we do with all these prisoners." Lennik asked.

Lucky just shrugged and looked around for suggestions.

Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  928
October 13, 2008 7:17:18 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"What should we do with all these prisoners?" Lennik asked.

Lucky just shrugged and looked around for suggestions.

Alan glanced down at the bound up prisoner's that had tried to kill them all with an E-Web.  "We should kill them and be done with it" replied Alan, his hand moving down to his blaster.

"What, just kill them whilst they are helpless" said Zeshaun, shocked by the very thought.

"What, you don't think they'd do the same to you if the tables weren't reversed" stated Alan, looking around at everyone and seeing blank looks on their faces.

Finally Lucky spoke up, "we're not going to be killing anyone.  There must be some kind of law enforcement on this planet, I will get in touch with our contact and he will make the arrangements to get them collected".

"Well if the law enforcement are any good then they'll meet a death sentence anyway, if not then they could be back on the streets in a matter of hours" said Alan.

"That may be the case" replied Lucky, "but we have to follow the law".

"Roger that" replied Alan as he left his blaster in its holster.  Alan watched as Lucky got on the com to her contact to organise the prisoner's collection and he thought to himself I hope this decision doesn't come back to haunt us later.

Once Lucky had explained the situation to her contact and had arranged for the prisoner's to be collected, the squad started to make their slow descent back towards the hotel.  All Alan could think of now was being back at the hotel and more importantly back at the bar savouring a glass of corellian ale.

Although they were heading back, the squad was still on alert for any trouble but Alan was sure that they had taken care of everyone involved.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  42
October 13, 2008 5:22:24 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
The trip back to the hotel was uneventful. Zeshaun almost wished he could kill a few more guys before he was done but was looking forward to the vast amounts of ale Lucky would be buying the squad.

"Good job on your first real mission kid." Alan came up behind Zeshaun as they both headed toward the bar.

"Yeah, never expected so much from someone just out of the academy." Lucky was following Alan to the bar as well.

"I just do my best." Zeshaun replied trying to hide his embarrasment.

They walked into the bar and found Nova and Hassar already at the bar waiting and Lennik was not to far behind Zeshaun.

Once they were all seated at the bar Lucky cleared her throat. "Here is to another successful mission by the Paladin's, and for not having any casualties." Lucky raised her glass.

This was followed by a string of hurrah's, yeahs, and other things. The room seemed livelier than the fist time they came. Everyone was telling the stories that they went to and sharing things that they found and complimenting each other on nice shots.

Zeshaun and Alan were recollecting their time guarding outside the base and was captured. The rest of the squad filled them in on what they found in the basement.

The party went on for what seemed like an eternity and Zeshaun wished they could always be like this but by tomorrow or the day after Lucky would give them a briefing on another mission and they would be off to do another hard days work as a stormtrooper.

Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  929
October 14, 2008 7:17:51 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy that the return trip to the hotel was uneventful.  This outing had been quite taxing on the squad and it was good to get a break from being fired upon.  When the squad returned to the hotel, they all went off to their separate rooms to get out of uniform and get cleaned up before they met up at the bar.  Alan tried not to laugh when the hotel receptionist gawped at Zeshaun's blood covered armour.

Alan got cleaned up and changed as quickly as he could.  Although he was off to enjoy himself, he still made sure that his blaster was strapped to his hip and concealed subtly.  He never liked to go anywhere without it, in this galaxy you never knew what was going to happen next.

Alan met up with Lucky before entering the bar and they chatted amongst themselves.  Alan noticed Zeshaun up ahead of them and so the pair of them had a quick chat to them.  Both Lucky and Alan had been impressed with the kid's first outing.  He's going to make a fine officer thought Alan, hoping that the kid would stick around as he had seen many a trooper leave shortly after they had witnessed how intense and dangerous a mission within the Vast Empire could be.

Entering the bar, Alan was surprised to find that some of the squad members were already there.  Lucky ordered and paid for the round of drinks and Alan savoured every drop of the corellian ale.

The squad started to reminisce about their adventure and Alan and Zeshaun told their tale of being captured.  Lucky listened on, enthralled by the tale.  Soon Alan wanted to hear how the squad had gotten on during their short captivity and Alan listened intently to the tale.

Soon the squad started breaking up, some retiring to their bed, others moving into smaller groups.  Alan took Lucky's hand and guided her to a quiet corner of the bar.  There they chatted for what seemed like hours before heading off to bed themselves.

Alan wondered what the Paladin's would be facing next.  Whatever it was, he knew that the squad was ready for the challenge
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Lennik
ComNet n00b

Lennik

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  19
October 24, 2008 7:53:28 AM    View the profile of Lennik 
Lennik was amazed he didn't mess everything up, or get killed on this mission. While he didn't do much other than follow exactly what everyone else was doing, he was still excited for coming back from a mission, still alive and not kicked out of the squad. Paladin went back to the bar and had a few drinks, shared their tales and other things, then went to the hotel. Lennik savored every sip of his jawa juice, his favorite drink. By the time he finished, everyone else was heading to the hotel. He stepped out of the door and headed for the hotel as he saw Alan grab Lucky and bring her to a small corner of the bar.

As he walked on towards the hotel, his mind was filled with different thoughts. What if Alan was right, and those Delta Ohms are released? Damn, I would hate having to fight them again. Was the thought that kept coming back to Lennik over and over again. But then the occasional congratulative Wow, I just came back from my first mission as a storm trooper! came into Lennik's mind. Not watching where he was going, he bumped into the wall of the hotel, and he heard another soldier chuckle.

He scowled and walked into the hotel. Again, he couldn't stop thinking of his previous mission as he went to his room. When he got there, he just sighed and took off his armor. He placed a blaster under his pillow, and his vibroblade in an easy-to-reach area. After a long while of thinking, Lennik drifted off to sleep.
Private First Class Lennik
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Lennik/1SQD/2PLT/COM/BAT/RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
The object of war is not to die for your cause, but to make the other bastard die for his. - George Patton

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Deceptions Down Under (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:07:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 260  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >