Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  119
  RE: Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
February 11, 2008 7:27:19 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Aleia spoke up. “Sounds like the CO and the other teams have drawn most of their attention for now.”

“Well let’s get a move on then,” the Admiral growled. “I’d like to get off this rock before I retire thanks.”

"Mabey we should go back on the whole Union.."  Alea piped up as the small group russhed from  the room.

Ibram cracked a chuckle and tried to cover it up with a fake cough.

"Union?" The Admrial asked, looking at Aleia.

"You didn't know Sir? It's the Pirate Union Sir..."

Aleia replied keeping a straight painted face. The Admrial frowned and cocked his head to the right.

"We're not Pirates Crewmen..."

Ibram couldn't help but laugh at that point. This making the Admiral more annoyed that he was out of the loop from something.

"Tell that to Mira and her Ninja Union.." Ibram replied as  they came back to the halfway point. Aleia then cracked a smile despit herself and the look the Admrial gave was one that he was damn sure going to question their Co about said unions.

"Wha- "

The Admiral started to say when Aleia stopped and shoved the man to the wall. Both Ibram and Aleia did the same as the llight tapping sound of feet were approaching.

"Scanners said they were heading in this direction last..."

"What if they got there already.."

"Dosen't matter.. they ain't getting out.."

The male voices echoed threw the hall. From the sound there more then two and Ibram licked his lower lip and thought  quickly as his eyes went to the supply closet.

"Sir.. here!!"

He whispered and opened the door. The admiral gave him a blant look but hurried over. The door shutting  quickly as Aleia gavehim a strange look.

No time to fight our way threw here.. Can't let him be harmed anymore then he is..

He thought and lunged for Aleia. His hands wrapping around her tightly as he forced her to place her weapon back into the holster.

"Trust me.."

Ibram whispered. Not knowing why as he knew Aleia trusted him. Then  without another wait he crushed his lips to hers. Her own eyes going  wide and then melted intsantly. As if they had forgoten about their mission. Aleia foundherself pressed back harder and  letting her arms rub up and down his back. Ibram enjoyed their kiss and hoped she would be just as ethusenastic at the end of it.

God I hope so..

He thought, letting himsefl admit that he was feeling more then just friiendship for her after a short time. He only hoped she wouldn't think of him as a pervert for what he was goign to have to do now. Hell he wanted it as much  as the play had to look. Without hesatation as the footstepes drew closer Ibram ran his own hands up. One going to just below her head. Rubbing her gently on the neckline as his other hand slipped and tuged a corner of her tunic up from her mid-back. Gently he slide his hand there and rubbed her gently..

"HEY!!"

The first male voice replied. The couple jumped and Aleia's face was pure red with embaresment as she turned to face the men.  They were some tha had seen them earlier.

"Didn't we tell you two to go get a room?"

Aleia downcasted her eyes and Ibram rolle dhis shoulders forward.

"Uh. .yea.. Sorry.. we.. ah.. were just on the way to one and kinda...yea...."  He stammered threw. Hoping they were looking conviencing enough.

The men scowled at them. A few releasing their light hold on their weapons as they thought they were clearly not the ones they were looking for.

"Get out of here before I give you somethng really to do.. or your little girlfriend a task that I bet she'd be good at.."  The look he gave  towards Aleia made her skin grow cold as the men laughed and rounded the corner and left..
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman
[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  77
Total Posts:  215
February 11, 2008 7:49:05 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
The men scowled at them. A few releasing their light hold on their weapons as they thought they were clearly not the ones they were looking for.

"Get out of here before I give you somethng really to do.. or your little girlfriend a task that I bet she'd be good at.."  The look he gave  towards Aleia made her skin grow cold as the men laughed and rounded the corner and left..

"Sorry Ibram I'll take care of any guards in your proximity, I thought I got them all, we were tied up for a minute," whispered Zane into Ibrams earpiece.

Zane checked again for any other star fighters around, finding none, he went to work on the guard situation. After about 2 minutes Zane had driven those guards all the way to the cafeteria. Zane then invited all the other guards in Ibrams area to do the same.

"Okay Ibram tell the Admiral hello by the way, just follow the corridor, take a right, then pass your left, and take the second left. Then you should come to a some what git room, go all the way to the end, then follow that passage, take another right and following "that last passage should take you outside near the entrance," instructed Zane.

"Then be careful as you near the gates, about 14 or 15 guards are there and they won't budge," warned Zane.

"Thanks Crewman," said Ibram.

"No problem," replied Zane.

Zane then took a look at the others, they were nearing the gates themselves.

"Commander, they have the Admiral, beware the gates, 14 or 15 guards await you guys there," reported Zane.

Zane didn't know if the commander got his message, or if he did he was just not responding. Either way Zane hoped he did. Now was the time where they needed to get the Admiral out safely. All he could do was watch and warn.

Now it was time to make sure Luke was ok,

"Luke, you alright down there?" said Zane.

"All clear down here Zane," replied Lukas.

"Good," said Zane.

"How bout' the TIE's?" asked Zane.

"They're good and ready for use," replied Lukas.

"Awesome, just make sure they stay that way, first sign of trouble, contact Rocketman or me," said Zane.

"Copy that," replied Lukas.

"Rocket, Freighter is still clear for now, Luke says the TIE's are all ready for take off, they have the Admiral as well," reported Zane.

"Good, hopefully we can get out of here then," replied Rocket.

Checking everything once more, and still everything was clear. For now the mission was still go as far as Zane could tell. Zane hoped they could get the Admiral out alright.

But of course they could, they were the Vipers and Nazguls....
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= =*Viper Squadron*= 
||-| -TR wrote: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. " |-||
||-| -Jack Bauer wrote: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. " |-||
Naval ID:
FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 12||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=)
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||COL Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  1563
February 11, 2008 8:04:56 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
With the two men gone, Ibram, Aleia and the Admiral resumed their escape towards the Minotaur.

Ibram was leading; gun in one hand, and Aleia's hand in the other. He  still couldn't believe he had managed to kiss Aleia twice in the space of an hour - he couldn't help but be reminded of some B-class romantic adventure flick.

Who knows, maybe i will end up with the dame. he though, but immediately shook his head. He couldn't afford to be distracted right now, they needed to get the Admiral to fighters.

"Jeese, you guys couldn't have parked any farther away from where i was if you were in the next star system." the Admiral commented.

"Sorry sir, it seems you forgot to provide us with your location as well." Ibram retorted.

The Hangar was just up ahead. Ibram could see Rocket and Zane covering the airspace, but so far no more fighters had engaged them.

They must be dealing with the Task Force in orbit, he thought.

Just as they rounded the corner, a squad of heavily armed pirates appeared from a side street, and opened fire. Ibram and Aleia dived for cover, but the Admiral just stood there defiantly, firing his blaster at the enemy.

Aleia tried to drag him back down, but she ended up getting hit with a glancing blow to the sides. She went down with a cry.

"Aleia!" Ibram shouted. Firing his blaster wildly, he dragged her back into cover.

I'm NOT losing another one. He thought frantically to himself. Aleia's wounds didn't look to serious, but he needed to get to the first aid kit that was in his fighter. Left untreated, those wounds could have serious consequences.

It was then that he realised that all the shooting had stopped. Looking up, he saw the Admiral calmly changing the power cell in his captured blaster, not a scratch on him. The pirate squad had been decimated.

"How....how did you do that?" Ibram said as he looked at him with wide eyes.

The Admiral looked at him for a minute, his deep, penetrating eyes locking with Ibram's.

"That's classified pilot. Now pick up your friend, we're not out of the woods let."

Carrying Aleia like he had carried Marisa all those many months ago, the duo headed towards the freighter, and escape.
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Petty Officer 1st Class Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron "Captain's Own"
Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
FL/PO1 Tyrol/Viper 9/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  79
February 11, 2008 8:32:02 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane saw the Admiral, Ibram and Aleia below him. Zane took out the guards at the gate, well a few of them, the others ran off to safety for the moment. As Ibram and the Admiral headed to the Freighter, Zane saw Aliea take a couple shots.

"Tyrol I think you guys might need help, I'll come down and give Luke a shot," said Zane.

Transferring everything to his laptop and Data-pad, Zane repaired his shuttle for landing. Zane made sure everyone was clear, then landed near the freighter.

"Hello Admiral," said Zane.

"Who's this guy?" replied the Admiral.

"Crewman Zane," replied Ibram.

"Med-Bot, report immediately outside the freighter," commanded Zane.

Immediately three medical droids came out with a hover stretcher for Aleia. Ibram however did not let her out of his sight. Aleia was injured, Zane didn't bother him. Zane then instructed the droids to an aread where she would be safe.

Zane got a fairly large tent erected for the droids to dress her wounds in private. Zane then averted his attention to the guards coming for him. Zane now spotted Lukas above him waving.

Zane waved back and got his trandoshan suppressor pistol out, and then another heavy power blaster out as well. Then he opened fire. Zane spotted the Admiral who was taking the guards down in seconds.

"What the hell?" thought Zane.

The Admiral smiled for a second, and without warning took a blow to the shoulder. Zane saw it in slow motion. His only thoughts were oh shit.

Immediately Zane ran to the Admiral who gripped his shoulder. Zane saw his thigh had been grazed as well. Zane's own thigh had been shot instantly. Zane gritted his teeth and turned around. Taking careful aim and taking another shot to his mechanical forearm, Zane gunned the last two guards down.

Immediately he turned his attention to the admiral.

"I'm fine," said the Admiral.

"Alright, lets have the medical droids at least take a look Admiral," said Zane.

"Fine, but make it fast," replied the Admiral.

Quickly he got the Admiral to the tent, where the droids saw to the Admiral. Zane himself wasn't feeling to good, but the others came first, he was only a crewman. A couple minor blaster injuries was nothing compared to the mission.

They had gotten the Admiral out, in a few moments he would be ready to launch off. Zane just hoped they got that far. At least the Admiral and Aleia were back safe,and they were fine. Hopefully the others made it back soon.
||-| -TR wrote: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. " |-||
||-| -Jack Bauer wrote: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. " |-||
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
[This message has been edited by Zane ZyCrusis (edited February 11, 2008 8:34:08 PM)]
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  67
Total Posts:  362
February 11, 2008 11:24:30 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Tomas led the way through the eerily quiet Market that was now strangely deserted. Despite it being completely quiet there seemed to be a roar building in Anden’s mind. He already had one pistol out and drew another. Through the tumult of the noise in his mind he could here Tomas listening in on his communicator but held a closed fist up. Phin and Anden drew up quietly next to him behind an abandoned freight container.

As they stood there a little off from the center of the wide open market walk way, Anden shook his head to try and clear his mind of the constant deep based hum racketing around in his head. He looked to his left and saw Phineus looking more intense and focused then he ever had with his hand lightly resting on the grip of his hidden sword. To his right Tomas was searching for whatever sound he had heard.

Looking back to Phineus, Gage was now looking at him oddly as if he thought something was wrong with him and was mouthing something, but Anden couldn’t hear. The noise had now risen to a near crushing level and he had to concentrate harder than he ever had had to do. To Anden’s great surprise, all of the sudden- it stopped.

That moment seemed to stand still and yet this alarming feeling came over Anden. Then, more suddenly than the noise that had nearly burst his ear drums and brain, a great…something came to Anden. He couldn’t quite describe it. It was much like the instance on the Operation in Mjolnir and while ‘target shooting’ with Phin. But this time it was much more intense, poignant and filling all at once. It was in that one, quiet moment that Anden knew what to do. Almost as if it had not existed, that one infinite moment was gone and it was time to act.

He holstered his pistols and shoved his arms outwards, using Tomas’s and Phineus’ weight to help center himself in the push, and with all the strength he could muster from the feeling sent them reeling off to both sides of him. Tomas went rolling back into an Alley way while Phineus was somersaulted behind a wall of metal crates. Acting on instinct Anden crossed his arms in front of him, his fists closed tightly in a white knuckled grip while his brow was dropping beads of sweat.

”Now… it begins.” was the last thing he remembered thinking. Then, came the blast.

Bwooomm!!!

As his body was blasted from the spot where he stood rooted to the ground, he was sure there had been some kind of buffer between him and the blast. But that was impossible,and he was sure that idea just came from all the adrenaline coursing through his veins. He was thrown from the blast sight with more force than he thought his body could handle and thought he could here Phineus yelled “Noo!” Shortly after he heard Phineus yell he struck against something very unforgiving and the lights went out.

==================================================

When the lights went out in Anden’s mind, that when the firing lit up all around the area.  Tomas was taking pot shots from around the corner of the Anden had shoved him into. He had to admit; Anden had saved their lives and had probably just lost his own in cost. He saw and enraged Phineus began to build up inside of Phineus slice a man near in twine and watched the gore that spewed forth from the clean stroke.

Just when it seemed that there might be a end to the conflict, there came another two rocket blasts on both sides of the walkway. The one on Tomas’s side collapsed the buildings on both side of him closing off the way into the Market, and leaving his only means of escape through the maze of alley ways. Before the collapse blocked off his view he had seen the explosion blow the metal crate wall that Phineus had been behind. He knew the Leading Crewman Gage was resourceful, but no one could ever be prepared for everything. And they certainly had not been ready for this. He checked the power cell on his blaster and switched it out as he searched the flat roofs above him for signs of movement, of concealment. He keyed in for contact to both of Anden’s and Phones’ comlinks.

Nothing.

“Frak it all!” He swore under his breath and tried again, sprinting down the alley ways striving to find a way back to the Market to get back to the two new squadron members.  All led to dead ends. He took out his holo-projector. He would have to move fast, but he just might make it back to the freighter before the squadron made for space to join the rest of the rescue force.

With hope he held up his comlinks as he started to run down the Alley in the direction of where the rest of the squadron would be gathering, “Beliam, Gage….I am sorry.”

As the squadron’s Commanding officer he couldn’t help but feel responsible for what had happened, even though it was his fault. Then he keyed in to attempt to connect with anyone else on the Squadron.

“Make it quick Tom Tom,” Mira’s voice cam over his comlinks, “We all need to get back to the freighter and get off this boring rock.”

Tomas grimaced as he spoke, “We may not all be going back together.”

There was silence and Tomas was sure he could almost here a sharp intake of breath, “Tomas…what are you saying.”

“I couldn’t help them Mira, couldn’t get back to them. Gage and Beliam are down…I don’t know if they will make it back.” He said, not really hearing himself, not wanting to believe that two of their men were down. A fleeting hope, or what was left of it, was all he held in the thought that he would see the two pilots again.

There was silence on Mira’s end, then a choked, “Tomas,…I…”

Tomas brought on the iron resolve he had had to call on in the numerous missions he had been involved in while serving in the Vast Empire Navy.

“I am enroute and will be back to the freighter to join with the squadron in time to lift off….we can only hope Anden and Phineus will be able to find their way home. Tomas out.” He said then slid his com-link into his belt and continued on determinedly.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Senior Crewman Anden Beliam
FM/SCRW Beliam/Viper 4/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 11, 2008 11:56:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 12, 2008 12:00:28 AM)]
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  90
Total Posts:  119
February 12, 2008 9:10:38 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Pain wracked her body as Aleuia went down. Her hands grasping her sides as she closed her eyes to keep herself from  wanting to puke from the pain.

How....how did you do that?" Ibram said as he looked at him with wide eyes.  Aleia could hearIbram and  tried to rasp something  out to him and couldn't.

The Admiral looked at him for a minute, his deep, penetrating eyes locking with Ibram's.

"That's classified pilot. Now pick up your friend, we're not out of the woods let."

Aleia  tried to fight Ibram so she could stand on her own but Ibram  wouldn't let her.  Aleia groaned and let out a whimper of pain but that was all. Her body was on fire and the pain  was the only thing keeping her from not wanting to pass out.

Ibram..

She whispered his name threw her mind as she became aware  that they were hurrying. How the Admiral wasn't harmed she didn't know. Aleia just hoped she'd live to be able to talk to Ibram again.

"Tyrol I think you guys might need help, I'll come down and give Luke a shot," said Zane.

Transferring everything to his laptop and Data-pad, Zane repaired his shuttle for landing. Zane made sure everyone was clear, then landed near the freighter.

"Hello Admiral," said Zane.

"Who's this guy?" replied the Admiral.

"Crewman Zane," replied Ibram.

"Med-Bot, report immediately outside the freighter," commanded Zane.

Immediately three medical droids came out with a hover stretcher for Aleia. Ibram however did not let her out of his sight. Aleia was injured, Zane didn't bother him. Zane then instructed the droids to an aread where she would be safe.

Aleia felt herself be laid down on the streacher. Her body  shook from the pain as she looked up to See Ibram  watching her.

"Ibram.."

She croaked his name and  reached out her hand for him. He took her hand in his and she smiled up at him as the medial sled was moved over to the safe spot.

"I'm here hun.. Im not going anywhere.."

"Tell.. tell me something..." She started as the medical droid  looked at her injuries and moved about to get the proper equipment.

"Anything.."

"If.. If we get out of this..."

"No.. don't you start talking like this Aleia.. I'm not goign to loose you..."

Ibram intrupted her. Aleia smile dup at him and closed her eyes as another pain wave took her.

"Thats.. what I wanted to hear... I.. I don't want to loose you either.. and.. I.. Hope we can.. be.. more.. then.. friends..."  She finished as the droid came back and  started to clean her wounds.

Ibram opened his eyes wide. Of all the thigns she could have said he wasn't expectign that. He knew from them  kissing that  she possibly liked him. But he wasn't sure as  she could have been playing just her role.

"Aleia I -"

"Crewmen Dreycon will live sir..." Came the mechanical droids voice as it placed a bacta patch on her side.

Why am I always intruppted?

Ibram grmbled  but was glade that she was gogn ot be ok. ALeia sighed as the bact did its work. The droid giving her somethign else for the pain.

"However I would conclude that Crewmen Dreycon  should not do combat or such activities to  reopen the wound.. And she will need to have help changing and cleaning the extrimity once everyday .."

Aleia looked over at the droid and gave it a funny look. Ibram could tell  that she was not goign  to sit out from this one. Hell if they had to fly she'd be out of comabt for the most part.

Well physically anyway... Shed be sitting in the craft and not running..

"Thank you..." Ibram replied and  leaned back over to Aleia, offering her his hand to hep her up.

"Well at least the mission is almost done..." She replied to him and gave him her hand. Squeezing it gently as Ibram pulled her up and into his arms. Hugging her gently. "Ibram?"

"Yea?" He replied, lost in thought that he was very glade she was going to be alright. Though she would need to replace the bacta patches and clean the wound for a couple weeks. 

"You never answered my question...."

OOC:
711 words
[This message has been edited by Aleia Dreycon (edited February 12, 2008 9:13:36 AM)]
Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

Post Number:  52
Total Posts:  419
February 12, 2008 12:55:04 AM    View the profile of Sicario 
Phineus was temporarally blinded, the bright heat of the white and orange light raped his eyes. The light began to fade, the pain began to erupt up his entire body. Phineus lay beneath a pile of rubble, the cloth parts of his armour were torn like rags. His mind was inactive, he could barely remember what had happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes earlier

The three pilots walked through the deserted alley way, which not fifteen minutes prior had been packed with the strangest of characters. They all seemed to have gone back under their rocks, something Phineus took as a bad sign.

The three of them all shared a mutual feeling of being grounded for far too long, wanting to get back into space as soon as possible. Anden, however, showed it the most. His face seemed horridly concerned. Something that Phineus found odd. Anden caught a glimpse of Phineus.

"Have a bad feeling about this?" Phineus asked, but recieved no response from Anden.

Phineus felt a strong pressure on his body, and managed to turn his head just in time to see Anden shoving both him and Tomas. Phineus somersaulted behind a large durasteel crate. He regained his bearings, and peeked over the crate to try and see Anden. He did.

Anden was just standing there, bracing himself. With no warning, with no one shouting "Watch out!" with no scanners buzzing uncontrollably, with no alarm what-so-ever, a horrificly loud explosion erupted, sending Anden through the air.

"Noo!!" Phineus yelled just before taking cover behind the crate. The bright burst of burning orange and red covered the entire area. Phineus regained himself, and looked above the crate. There, in the middle of the walkway, was a rather large man toting a blaster rifle. The man began shooting at the opposite side of where Phineus hid, and Phineus knew this was his chance.

Phineus unsheathed his Sat'skar, and somersaulted across the ground, popping up behind the man. The blaster-toting thug turned to Phineus, aiming his rifle up to Phin's eye. The intimidation attempt failed, and Phineus delivered his hardest kick to the mans right knee, ultimatley breaking it.

The man doubled over in pain, and Phineus lent an upper-cut with the Sat'skar's blade, removing his jaw from his mouth. As the mans jaw quite literally fell to the ground, Phineus kicked his dieing body to the ground.

Phineus concentrated as much as he ever has, and turned his fiery eyes to each side, awaiting for more attackers. In a plit second, Phineus left the ground, and flew through the air. He was unprepared as another two rocket blasts hurled him into a wall, debris falling onto his body. His mind stopped racing. His thoughts evaporated. His eyes fell..

A man dressed entirely in red walzted up to Phineus. Phineus' vision was a complete blur. He tried to move, but his muscles felt flattened, his bones felt as if they had been crushed. Phineus was pinned between many large pieces of debris, and the hard concrete that had felt like a bed of nails.

The man in red addressed Phineus.

"Query," the man began, sounding much more like a droid, "Thinking of your impending death, meatbag?"

Phineus blinked rapidly, discovering that this was no man at all, but an HK assassin droid. An HK assassin droid that just addressed him as meatbag and held a blaster rifle at his forehead. He'd never been so confused.

OOC:
This post was once pretty good IMO, but I forgot to back it up once the site went down. Sorry.
"It was his destiny to join the Empire. He saw death, hatred, evil. How he came out sane, I may never know. If he can control his fear, then Phineus' potential will never be greater."

"Welcome to down town coolsville... Population... us."

“Phin…you are one odd quack.
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited February 12, 2008 5:14:12 PM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  128
February 12, 2008 1:40:58 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
A couple of blips came to life on the radar screen that Lukas was watching, signaling that someone was approaching the Minotaur. Just as he was about to check it out, his comlink rang to life with Zane's voice on the other end.

"Luke, you alright down there?" said Zane.

"All clear down here Zane," replied Lukas.

"Good," said Zane.

"How bout' the TIE's?" asked Zane.

"They're good and ready for use," replied Lukas.

"Awesome, just make sure they stay that way, first sign of trouble, contact Rocketman or me," said Zane.

"Copy that," replied Lukas.

Lukas nodded to that and headed back to the control room to watch the proceedings up ahead. Some of the pirates found their way towards the hanger where the Freighter was, but found himself in a battle with someone up ahead. He couldn't tell who was on the other side of the hanger, but it attracted the pirates' attention. Lukas began to piece it together and decided to make a decision of his own.

The Freighter's entrance was open to let Lukas out to see what was the matter, but just as he stepped on the surface, the entire pirate force was killed within moments. His jaw dropped when he saw every single one of them fall to a hail of blaster fire. That's not natural, by any means, but it was a good sign. Just then, his eyes saw the familiar form of Zane, and he waved to him to show that everything was okay here. Zane headed towards the Minotaur with Ibram, a wounded Aleia, and the Admiral in tow as Lukas kept an eye out to see if any other pirates were heading their way.

The Med-bot came out of the Freighter to tend to the wounded, while Lukas walked back up into the control room, watching the radar to see what's going on. Suddenly, another red blip came to life, and this one was heading towards them at a quick pace.

"We got someone coming," Lukas yelled out to the party that was outside the Freighter.

Lukas hopped out of the chair and headed towards the entrance again, hoping that it was one of them, and not one of the pirates.
Senior Crewman Lukas LeNighter
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

[FM][SCR Fulfiller][Viper Squadron][Viper 6][mSSD Atrus][VEN][VE][=A=]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  151
February 12, 2008 3:11:03 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“You never answered my question…”

He hadn’t.

Of all the things Ibram had prepared for in this mission, he hadn’t prepared for this. He didn’t know what to say. It’s not that he didn’t like her… it’s just that he wondered if now was the right time to deal with such sentiments. It’s not like this was a war-drama or anything.

The Admiral looked between the two pilots. “Is now the right time to deal with such sentiments?”

Just then, the CO turned up, along with Mira and C-3. Lukas has also come down from the freighter. Anden and Phineas were nowhere in sight.

“Sir, good to see you safe and sound.” He said, saluting.

“Likewise Dagoram, you seem to be a few men short. Where’s the rest of your squadron.”

The CO grimaced, slightly trembling. “Short-staffing aside, we have two men in the air….and we lost two as well. Crewmen Beliam and Crewman Gage were lost in an explosion.”

“I’m sorry to hear that Tomas.” The Admiral said. His cold, hard exterior seemed to soften for a second.

The CO shook his head and got a serious look on his face. “They died with honour, and now it’s up to us to make sure it wasn’t in vein. Vipers! Saddle out, we’re hitting the atmosphere in Five.”

He looked over at Aleia and Ibram. “You could to fly Dreycon?”

Aleia gave a thin smile. “I’ll managed sir.”

“Good, you’ll continue your babysitting duties by making sure the Admiral makes it safely to the Task Force. The rest of us will provide close support, and support Nazgul if needed.”

“Great, I get stuck with Romenos and Julieti.” The Admiral snorted. He joined the rest of Viper squadron as the scrambled up the ramp. Ibram supported Aleia as they made their own way slowly up the ramp.

“Hey…” she started.

“Not now.” Ibram said. He looked at her and smiled. “But the answer is yes.” He kissed her lightly on the lips.

“Hey!” The CO shouted down at them. “Do you want to live forever? Move it you two!”

“Sir!” They chorused.

Tomas watched them as they limped by, slightly shaking his head and smiling. He gave one last look over in the direction of the market, secretly hoping that Anden and Phineas would show up.

They didn’t. Viper Squadron, Admiral in tow, prepped for launch.

OOC:
395 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  84
February 12, 2008 6:43:46 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane watched as Tomas arrived, but he was alone. Something was amiss, and by the look on Tomas's face, something very bad had happened. Zane blamed himself, he should have been watching. Help save a stranger, lose a couple friends.

Zane barely new Aleia, but he had been compelled to help her, for her sake, Ibrams and his own. Now he was compelled to pull Anden out of it as well as Phineas too.

Zane knew they were alive, but where?

Zane immediately went to Tomas. Zane saw he was talking to the Admiral.

“Sir, good to see you safe and sound.” He said, saluting.

“Likewise Dagoram, you seem to be a few men short. Where’s the rest of your squadron.”

The CO grimaced, slightly trembling. “Short-staffing aside, we have two men in the air….and we lost two as well. Crewmen Beliam and Crewman Gage were lost in an explosion.”

“I’m sorry to hear that Tomas.” The Admiral said. His cold, hard exterior seemed to soften for a second.

Zane saluted to the Admiral, smiling briefly the Admiral nodded.

"I'll see if I can't locate Anden and Phineas Commander," said Zane.

"Do it quickly Zane we have to leave soon," replied Tomas.

"Yes sir," said Zane weakly.

Zane took out his data pad and laptop, and put them atop a portable tripod he had in his pack. Now with the built in satellite inside would locate the others as soon as it had the command. Zane pressed a few keys and it whirred to life.

"Commander Dagoram, I have Anden and Phineas. Anden seems unconscious some what, Phineas seems moving but barely, what shall we do?" reported Zane.

"Good send me their locations on my data-pad and then get back into the air. We will be leaving soon," replied Tomas.

"Alright will do," replied Zane.

Well, he had gotten a bit of action before having to get back into his TIE. At least the Admiral was out safe, Aleia would be find the only two he was worried about was Anden and Phineas.

Zane was positive they would get out, Anden always had a plan. Zane changed into his flight gear finally getting the chance. After that Zane made sure the med-bots were working okay where he had been the one to give them the orders.

Zane signed them off to Ibram, so that now they would take orders from him, if he hadn't already used an override command already at least. Zane signaled to Rocket he was launching, Rocket signaled back and continued to circle around.

Zane started walking towards his TIE pulling out a  mini device. Pressing one of the tiny buttons, the the TIE's hatch opened up. Zane climbed in, pressing another button to start up the TIE and his computer equipment.

Strapping himself in Zane pressed another button to make his make shift table slide out. Then he magnetized his equipment to it once again. Within seconds everything was online. After making some quick diagnostics Zane being to descend into the sky to join up with Rocket.

Alright Zane had a lock on Anden and Phineas now, as well as everyone below him. Zane began to scan the air for any signs of air craft. Zane was stunned to see that immediately the hi-tech scanners picked something up.
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  71
February 13, 2008 9:31:07 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Anden was back at the hangar where his Father and he worked. Anden was busy doing the last minute preflight checks to his newly finished single ion engine starship. After a few more minutes Anden got into the cockpit located on the bottom in the back of the elongated ships hull. Hitting the hatch sealing switch as he got into the pilot seat, he switched the power on and smiled as the ship purred to life.

After a systems run through, and after he was satisfied everything was functional, he eased on the repulsors lifts and raised the ship off the hangar floor. He could hear the cheers from outside that had already been decent crescendo into a soft roar of approval. Anden looked out his view port and saw his father with proud tears in his eyes cheering on with the rest. Anden nodded to him and then retracted the landing gears and at the same time gunned the throttle forward.

Anden knew this had happened before, and that he was only re-living a moment in his life. But that didn’t change the realism of the whole experience. He remembered and felt at the same time how his ship reacted to his guiding touch.

He guided his ship over the green landscape and circled around the house where his parents had lived his whole life. He brought the ship to a landing a little ways off from the house. His mother was already waiting outside for him. He remembered promising her that he would do great things.

The memory faded and he knew that it was time. He knew that he had to get up and he knew that he could. As he opened his eyes and his blurred vision cleared he could see he was nearly pinned down by a load of stocking crates. Fortunately the way they had fallen allowed him to belly crawl underneath and out of them. Sharp pains shot through his left arm his rib cage and his left leg, but he was able to draw him self out to an opening. Ashe broke through to the smoky light of what was left of the market place. He heard a voice. Raspy and human like, almost mocking.

“Query….Thinking of your impending death, Meatbag?” it asked someone.

Anden soon realized that someone was Phineus, who was on his back looking up at the red colored droid with a blaster rifle pointed at his head. Anden had never seen that kind of droid, and didn’t really care. Carefully he reached down painfully and pulled out his blaster with his right hand and leveled it at the near nonexistent neck of the droid.

In quick succession he fired three shots, two of which scored on the droid. Luckily it didn’t have it’s shielding up and the droid begun to mutter out odd bits of partial phrases. From the force of the blast, his aim was thrown forward and the fired blasted right in front of Phin’s feet. The droid kept firing though all around the place as Anden struggled to shimmy out from his hiding place.

“Blast it Phin, What in the world are you waiting for?!?” Anden shouted, “An invitation?!”

Phin’s jaw dropped when he saw who had shot at the droid. He was sure, or at least hopeful, that Anden was still alive. But he was near shock that he was up and moving and still shooting with such blasted good energy.

“..Anden?” he said then felt his hand brush against the familiar grain of the handle of his sword and in an instant was a flash of motion dodging in close to the droid who was still going berserk.

Slashing up to the right and then down to the left the droid stop and rattled a bit before sliding in three different section to the ground. Phin sheathed his sword as he ran over to Anden to help him up. Anden winced as he got to his feet and got his bearings.

Phin looked at Anden and was still at a loss for words that his wingmate was still able to move about, let alone have all of the motor functions he did, “Anden….how did you….” He started to say.

The tone of his voice caused Anden to stop searching the area and look at Phin. He too was at a loss for words. He didn’t know how he had been able to survive the blast. He only knew that he did. He tried to say something but nothing came out except, “Let’s just get out of this place and try to meet up with the squadron.”

“I don’t know if we will. Whoever hit us has demolished this place….I think we will have a hard time finding the way back.” Phineus replied. Still looking like he wanted answers to what happened.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 13, 2008 9:41:17 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 13, 2008 9:50:02 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 13, 2008 10:00:23 PM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  20
February 15, 2008 5:47:26 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
With Viper Squadron back together, Lukas smiled to see that the mission was almost complete. The NXO was back within the company of the Vast Empire, and now it was time to take him out of this rathole. However, there was one thing that was troubling his soul a bit. That feeling grew as Tomas made his explanation know about Anden and Phineus, a slight tear left Lukas's left eye after hearing it. They were two great guys, and they would be dearly missed if they are truly dead.

The time to shake those feelings away came quickly as Tomas gave the order to move out towards the Fighters for the extraction portion of the mission. For Lukas, it was the moment that he has been waiting for since joining Viper Squadron. He turned and walked back inside the Freighter, heading towards his room to gather his things. Stuffing what few things that he brought with him in his bag, he quickly changed out of his disguise and into his flight suit, and he loved the feeling of it because it was the first time he actually wore it for a reason. He smiled a bit as he looked down at himself, knowing now that he officially belonged to the organization that he joined not that long ago.

As he stepped out of the room and headed towards the hanger, a nervous feeling started to come over Lukas, but it ws brief as he walked towards his Fighter. It was the first time that he acutally approached it with any reverence towards it, but he would make up for lost time soon enough. He climbed up the ladder and opened up the primary hatch. Once it was open, Lukas slid inside and beamed a great, big smile along with a new sadistic gleam in his eyes.

At that, he activated the main controls as he was readying himself to launch. The Fulfiller was ready for the skies above.

Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Initiate

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  106
February 16, 2008 5:17:29 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane had picked up some trouble but luckily it would not yet reach them for a little while. It should give everyone time to get into the air, he thought silently, as he reviewed the coordinates on the potential trouble. They were close, but not close enough to interfere with everyone taking off, assuming that everyone try somewhat to hurry at least.

Zane made sure everything would work properly while in flight, and gave his systems a few test runs to be sure. Finding everything good, Zane moved on to making sure everything was good and secure. Zane wanted everything working properly while he was in the air so that he had one less thing to worry about. He also didn't want everything floating about once they were in orbit either.

Finally satisfied with everything and its position, and making sure everything was secure. He wanted to be sure that their would be no chance of mishaps happening. Zane then proceeded to check the scanners again making sure that everything was still clear.. Still no signs of trouble getting to close, thought Zane, We should still be clear till everyone is in the air.

Zane decided that it would be best for everyone if they knew that trouble could be up ahead, especially the commander, and the Admiral. All they needed was to get off the planet alive and with the Admiral.

"Commander, we may have some trouble soon," reported Zane.

"Like what kind of trouble," asked Tomas.

"I am not sure, the scanners are not to clear, but I assume ships to prevent us from leaving the planet," Zane suggested.

"That would make sense," replied Tomas.

"How soon may we be expecting trouble then?" asked Tomas.

"Well judging by my calculations and the scanners and all, we should have time to get everyone in the air before they get too close," replied Zane.

"But there is always the chance that I am wrong and they could get here sooner or later, but I think it is safe to bet on the calculations and the scanner readings for now," said Zane.

"So then we should be clear then till all are in the air then?" asked Tomas to make sure.

"Affirmative, assuming that everyone at least tried to hurry a little," replied Zane.

"Alright thanks Zane," said Tomas.

Zane started up the engines, and listened to them as they quickly whirred to live. Giving them a few moments to warm up a bit, Zane made a few more calculations before allowing the TIE to lift off. Once ready Zane shot into the air. Now all they had to do was get the Admiral safely off the planet. That shouldn't be to hard of a job considering they had the Admiral and should have any trouble till they were already in the air, and making their leave.

Zane only hoped that they did not have any trouble till everyone was in the air. If they could all do that before trouble arose, then they would have a significant advantage over their opponents. All they could do was try to hurry, and do their best. Then if trouble did get to them, take them out. For Zane the concept seemed simple enough.

This was his second mission, and hopefully his first successful one at that. Operation: Mjolner had ended up with them retreating. They wouldn't be able to retreat this time, they would either all survive or go down defending their honor. Zane planned on surviving and helping to make sure that the Admiral got back safely.

Zane also hoped that somehow Anden and Phineas would make it back, but the chances seemed not to great for them. Most likely they would not make it back by the time they left, but there was always the small chance they did. Or even the smaller chance that if they didn't make it back by the time they left, that maybe somehow they could catch up. Zane didn't like the odds against them, but he also could not do anything about them either.

All he could do was hope, and try to ignore the odds. Plus this would be a good chance for the Squadron's new members to get a little action. Zane being a fairly new member himself was excited to get some action himself, assuming it didn't kill him or any of his Squad mates though. But that was a slim enough chance itself though.

Now that he was in the air, Zane needed to focus on not only monitoring, but also doing his part in keeping the Admiral safe, and making sure that he left the planet and got back to safety as well. That was their priority right now, and once everybody was in the air, the danger would only get worse. Keeping an eye on the their could-be-opponents, Zane began to focus on their next task.

Now it was time to wait for the others who had not already got into the air, to join him and the others already air-born. They could not afford mistakes, and it would take all of them to get the mission completed successfully. Zane was ready, and most likely so were his companions. As soon as everybody was air-born, the next Phase would begin.
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= 
  =*Viper Squadron*= 
-TR: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. "
-Jack Bauer: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. "
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||RPT Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  400
Total Posts:  619
February 18, 2008 2:11:56 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
C-3PX2 stood in the hanger of the freighter, he was walking towards his TIE, when something hit him. He left the AI in the computer, but could not leave it there. It had too much knowledge about the Navy in it to just leave it there for the enemy to find. HE walked over to a computer console, and pulled the AI to the location.

“What now?” the AI asked.

“Time to go.” C-3PX2 responded.

“Er… right. Lemme just disconnect from the core.”

“No Time, I am pulling you out, now.” C-3PX2 said as he inserted a data chip into the console.

There was a small flash of blue light on the data chip, and the AI was transferred.

C-3PX2 turned around and walked again over to his fighter, and boarded it. He then began to flip the switches to power it up, and then he pulled out the data chip. He Inserted the data chip into the fighter and then brought power to the engines.

“Great … so today I went from a computer core, to a cold blooded pile of metal, and now into another pile of metal. My Day is complete.” The AI said smartly.

“Remind me to remove your attitude once we get back.” C-3PX2 said.

“The Hell I will.”

C-3PX2 pushed on the throttle and began to exit the hanger to join up with the squadron. He activated his sensors attempting to see what was going to be in their was, there was a storm moving in. The would have to get out of it as fast as they could to avoid any damage to their fighters.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operator - Trainer Level 1 (T-1) |=|=| Author / GW C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Darkhawk
ComNet Marshal

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2556
Total Posts:  2685
February 18, 2008 9:43:47 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
"Sir?"

The dark-skinned man across the room raised his head up slowly, his bright blue eyes flashing. If this was the moment he had been waiting for...

"Vast Imperial forces have landed on the planet. We're not sure how many of them there are - a platoon, perhaps."

"Ah, I see. I was under the impression that they had not landed any ships planetside since entering our orbit."

"No, sir; you're correct. We believe they have been here for several days. I have my men going over the transit logs in an attempt to discover which vessel they might have-"

"-no need, Captain. What vessel they snuck onto Volek on is unimportant at this point. We can look into that later. What are our losses so far?"

"We're down at least two squads of men so far. Not sure how many of them we've managed to take out, but probably only a handful. They're well-armed and seem to know exactly where to strike."

He nodded. This was not unexpected. In fact ... it was exactly what he had intended when he captured Riel Fury in the first place.

"Have they managed to extract their 'prize' yet?"

"Yes, sir. It would appear that two of their soldiers freed the admiral less than an hour ago. One of our squads engaged them just a few kilos away, but they were wiped out."

That, too, was not unexpected. Knowing what he did, the man with the blue eyes was surprised Riel had not already escaped himself. The man was ... not ordinary.

"Their fleet is still in orbit, yes?" The one thing he had not quite figured out was just how these Imperials meant to make their escape.

"Yes. We're watching for a ship - or more than one ship - to attempt an illegal take-off. We have two squadrons of Z-95s waiting in reserve to destroy anyone who attempts to meet up with their fleet."

"That may not be enough, but ... so be it." He couldn't help but smile. The real intent of this little exercise had not been to keep the admiral at all. He - and his superiors - had already obtained all the information they needed from the databanks on the Furious One.

"Any further orders at this point, sir?"

"No, Captain. Return to your post and do your best to rid me of these bothersome Imperials."

As his subordinate left the room, the dark-skinned man began to chuckle. Everything was going perfectly; just as his new masters had told him it would. Running his hand through his coarse hair, he began to establish a HoloNet communication. His superiors would be most-pleased to know that Rear Admiral Fury was about to make his "grand escape."
SCAP/COM Darkhawk/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=SCPA=)(=MA=)(=FCO=)[LoR][LSM][BRC][MC1][CBV.][VC:E][NDM][KC:OC]

SW Darkhawk/Eagle 1-2/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[VP:1][SoY][EoP][CR]
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  79
February 18, 2008 11:48:37 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
“I don’t know if we will. Whoever hit us has demolished this place….I think we will have a hard time finding the way back.” Phineus replied. Still looking like he wanted answers to what happened, but he continued, “I think that Tomas was able to get away though… at least I hope he was able to.”

Anden didn’t have an answer to either Phineus’ unasked and asked questions, at least not yet and the most important thing in his mind right now was getting back with the squadron.

“I think he was able to get out, I am not so sure he knows if we are still alive.” He only hoped that the mission was going a lot better than their little predicament. He pulled out his com link only to discover it was completely bashed from his little encounter with the wall he had been thrown into.

“Frak it all.” he said to himself as he shoved it back in place on his utility belt. They needed to get back in touch with the rest of the squadron. He looked to Phineus as he reached for holo-projector, “We gotta get back in touch with the squadron and get back to them.

Is your com-link working?” He asked then searched around the area checking for any signs of movement.

He wasn’t with special forces, not yet at least, but he could at least keep an eye out for things that were obviously a threat. Then there was of course that sound that had warned him of the impending threat of the explosion. He was grateful for the warning but could do with out the headache that came with it. He was also just as curious as Phineus was about how he hadn’t been blown to smithereens when the blast had landed no more than two feet off to his right in front of him.

He shook his head a bit to get focused back on he mission and triggered on the holo-projector in his palm.

“Nothing on mine as well, completely on the fritz.” Phineus said, keeping a keen eye out for any signs of movement.

Anden had to admit, the kid had fire in him that was for sure, especially with that razor sharp sword of his. He was just glad Phineus was on his side, he would hate to be on the receiving end of one of Phin’s frenzies.

He had an idea and thought about how to get back in touch with the squadron and get back to them. He brought up the sections of the smuggler docking bays. Unfortunately he could see for certain that all access ways to back to the docking bay where the bulk freighter was. However, there was a second set of docking bays that Anden could see they could get to. Included among those docking bays was one he remembered in a conversation he had over heard earlier in the market.

He looked back over at Phineus, already taking off in the direction after making a few mental notes on where to go and switching off the projection. He only hoped that there was still a ship there to get off this planet.

“Come on Phin, we may still have a chance to get off this blasted planet.” He said, now smiling.

And who knows, we might even get a new ship for the VE out of it.

===============================================

“Let’s move let’s move!!” Kael Menndran shouted at his partner in business, even though the guy was moving three times the amount of boxes he had been..

They had met with the man who wanted to sell the freighter, but when they had arrived he had doubled the asking price. That wasn’t something he was willing to accept. But he also wasn’t going to let this ship out of his sight. So the freighters former owner had been greeted to death a little earlier in his life. It made little difference to Kael, as long as he ended up with what he wanted.

He had left Warl with the ship after they had disposed of the dead man’s body. Kael had returned to get their freight just in time to hear that all hell was breaking loose. Apparently there was a force of Imps around trying to rescue an officer he new one of the groups of smugglers had abducted recently.

heh, getting what they asked for. Do wrong to one hornet and you are going to have to deal with the whole nest.” Kael thought to himself.

He had raced the repulsors lift freight skiff back to the docking bay and they had begun to get to work to lift off the planet in hopes to avoid the inevitable space conflict that would come with flush with a good portion of an Imperial fleet. And that was that last thing Kael wanted to navigate through.

They were just about to get to the last of the boxes when Kael noticed Warl stopped midway from picking up one of the freight boxes. Kael turned his head slightly to the left to try and get a good look at who had arrived, acting as if he had noticed still going for one on the boxes. Just as he was about to ‘lift’ the box he threw his hand down to his gun and crouched ready to draw and fire.

“Don’t even think about it.” The shorter of the two said, one of his two pistols already drawn on him.

Phin and Anden had arrived at the Docking bays in good time and found the entrance way to bay 65 wide open. Anden figured they were either gone by now or were still in a huge hurry to leave. Phin peeked once through the door way and then pulled back away and gave him a nod holding out two fingers. Anden nodded back in reply.

He looked through the door way to see that both of the men were fully engrossed in their task of loading up the Corellian freighter. Anden rushed over past the opening to join Phin on the other side.

“Ok…” he said, “I’ll do the talking….but we will have to fight them. I don’t see them giving up their ship and cargo easily.”

Phin scoffed lightly at that, “Ya think?” he asked rhetorically, “So, I’ll take the small guy you get the hulk, right?”

Anden’s non reply made Phin look back at Anden behind him.

“Actually, I thought you would take on the muscle of the two of them.” He said without looking at Phin. Then Phin’s own silence caused him to look at him.

“What do you mean; you are the one with the dead-eye?” Phin whispered back at him in debate and looked back through the entrance way to watch as the guy hefted three huge freight crates at once.

Anden had to admit that the guy look invincible, but he was sure Phin was capable of taking him on. He looked at the smaller excited guy he had first listened to talking about the ship. He saw that the guy had what looked to be a highly upgraded and modified blaster. If he was the one with the dead eye, then this guy would be the one for him to take on.

He pointed to the smaller guy, just as the pocked faced man was yelling for the other guy doing most of the work to move faster, and Anden told Phin to take a look at his gun. The recognition dawned on his wingmate’s face. Phin also looked and noted that the guy didn’t seem to prefer any ranged weapon of choice.

Phin let out a grin, “A hand to hand fight?....well, maybe I could.”

Smiling, he gave Phin a pat on the shoulder and they moved in through the entrance. Almost immediately the larger guy spotted them and stopped mid lift to stare them down. Phin returned the hard stare and Anden was sure Phin’s fingers were itching to reach for the handle of his sword.

Wait for it….” Anden thought to himself.

He saw the shorter guy pause only for a brief moment then go down to pick up another box. Anden watched the guy’s hand. he knew that if it was this guys blaster he needed to worry about it was the guys hand he needed to watch until it got to it.

Sure enough, his hand shot forward to try and get to his holstered blaster. Anden, whose hand had already been at his blaster, had it drawn before the guy had even gone to his crouch. The man’s eyes narrowed and flicked from both Phin and Anden. Before the guy could draw his weapon Anden spoke.

“Don’t even think about it.” He said evenly, with a calmness that surprised even him for how fast his heart was racing.

“So….” The man replied back, standing slowly and raising his hands slightly, “you think you are going to get my ship are you?”

“Actually, I don’t think anything of the sort.” Anden replied just as nonchalantly, “We are taking this ship. So do you want to do this the long or the short way?” he asked.

Funny enough this was one of the few times he hoped to take care of this the short way. The long way would involve bartering and smooth talking which he figured he could pull off. But he also knew they needed to get back to the squadron, who he was sure had already lifted off from the planet and had returned to the fleet. It would be much easier for them to get off the planet and actually make a full escape if the fleet was still there.

“Well,” The man said looking at his companion who was still hefting the crates, “Warl, looks like we get some unexpected fun.”

Two things happened almost immediately after Anden heard the “n” in fun. He saw huge crates being flung in Phin’s direction and Anden saw a blur of motion faster than he thought possible followed by a pain in his right hip.

He didn’t know when he had started but he was circling around the unnamed man and he now had both blasters out. He didn’t know how long they had been firing at each other but he was suddenly very glad that his blasters had a high amount of shots available to him. They were both speeding up and slowing down trying to throw each others shots off. Anden didn’t know how Phin was doing but he was having a hec of a time. Why could he take this guy out? He had proven himself to be a good shot before now why should not be any different.

A shot grazed his shoulder and he thought to himself, ”Get with it…come on and just hit the guy.”

Anden didn’t realize it at first but then finally heard himself yelling out a deep and loud yell especially as his first shot hit his enemy in the arm then another in his chest followed by three more. By the time Anden had finished the smell of charred flesh filled the huge room and Anden was kneeling on the ground.

Phineus who had actually made shorter work of the huge bulk of a man named Warl, made his way over to Anden who was just barely getting up as Phin reached him. He holstered his pistols still staring over at the holed up body and there was a moment of complete fury in his eyes.

His breathing was a little heavy and he took a few deep breaths of the wretched air to begin to clam himself. He did a quick check of his wounds and looked to Phineus after he had clamed down a bit and saw that his injuries would be able to be healed later and wouldn’t give him too much trouble at the present.

“You ready to get off this stinking planet?” he said with a small laugh. He didn’t know why but this fight had taken a lot more out of him than the fight before with both Tomas and Phineus.

“Do you really think you have to ask that, took you long enough to take that guy out?” Phineus said throwing a light punch at Anden’s un-injured shoulder, and then took off running for the boarding ramp with Anden following close behind him.

Anden got the center lined cockpit of the Corellian made freighter just after Phin. Phineus had already begun to fire up the preliminaries but was hesitant at parts of it. Anden had seen a good variety of ships in his days working back on Lotaith and he was a little more familiar with the step up. He took the pilot chair since Phineus was in the co pilot and helped fire up the ships systems.

“We are going to be heading out of this planet hot.” He told Phineus, after checking out the scanners as they came to life and look over at his wing mate, “I am going to need you to man the dorsal guns. Think you can handle that?”

“Do Wookies climb trees?” Phineus replied grinning as he unbuckled from chair and jetted out from the cockpit.

Anden made sure to be linked with the com units in the gunners chair and then began to lift off and rotated the ship to face the entrance. He knew they would be monitoring for unauthorized lift off and would have fire power ready to put them down. So they would have to leave hot and very fast. He only hoped that this light freighter was light enough to be fast enough. He had an idea and acted on it immediately. He shut the air locks to the extra cargo areas where most of the guy’s freight would have been put, and then directed all of the ships shield power to the engines and gunned it.

Phin’s voice came in over the comm, “Umm…we do have shields…right?”

Anden just smiled, “Trust me…I know what I am doing.”

He thought he heard something like ‘Oh great’ come back from Phineus, but is was too soft and was drowned out by the noise as they shot out of the hangar and began the ascent away from the planet.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 19, 2008 12:25:35 AM)]
Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

Post Number:  60
February 19, 2008 3:18:43 AM    View the profile of Sicario 
“I don’t know if we will. Whoever hit us has demolished this place….I think we will have a hard time finding the way back.” Phineus replied. Still looking like he wanted answers to what happened, but he continued, “I think that Tomas was able to get away though… at least I hope he was able to.”

Phineus was still shaking the effects of being buried beneath rubble off his mind and body. His head felt heavy and hazy, like a dark cloud whose relievement was way over due. Phin replaced his tattered Sat'skar back into it's sheath.

Gonna need to fix her up when we get off this miserable excuse for a planet.

Anden's com-link had been crushed to a thin wafer thanks to the not so kind meeting him and the wall had not too long ago. However, Phineus noticed his was damaged well. Somehow. It looked to be in ample condition, but the signal was still non-functioning.

Fierfrek.

Phineus, however, began to feel just fine again as he bore witness to another one of Anden's deep thinking faces. He would look off in the distance, staring at nothing, then immediatly snap out of it with some sly banter that often left Phineus hanging.

“Come on Phin, we may still have a chance to get off this blasted planet.” Anden said, now smiling.

Apparently Phin had known his partner fairly well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two stranded pilots had made their way to Hangar 65, which was surprisingly left wide open. Phineus' mind switched from laid back, easy going type, to his completely alert counterpart. His eyes danced exubrantly around the Hangar, making absolutly sure he had the blue prints in his mind's eye.

Phin had taken a full minute to completely make sure of the body count, two, and signaled so to Anden. Anden nodded back, begining to plan their next move.

“Ok…” Anden said, “I’ll do the talking….but we will have to fight them. I don’t see them giving up their ship and cargo easily.”

Phin scoffed lightly at that, “Ya think?” he asked rhetorically, “So, I’ll take the small guy you get the hulk, right?”

Anden’s non reply made Phin look back at Anden behind him.

“Actually, I thought you would take on the muscle of the two of them.” Anden said without looking at Phin. Then Phin’s own silence caused him to look at him.

This guy must be crazy.

“What do you mean; you are the one with the dead-eye?” Phin whispered back at him in debate and looked back through the entrance way to watch as the guy hefted three huge freight crates at once.

Phin came to believe the guy was a huge brick wall, he made Phin's well established muscles look like he was an anorexic Gizka. Phineus knew Anden must be crazy.

Anden pointed to the smaller guy, whom seemed to be in charge.

"See there?" Anden asked as he pointed to the little guy's big blaster.

The recognition dawned on his Phin's face. He also realized that the hulk didn't have a blaster. The big brute must have disliked long range combat. Phineus knew Anden wasn't crazy.

Phin let out a grin, “A hand to hand fight?....well, maybe I could.” He stated, confident in his own abilities.

And there lay Phin in a nut shell. Confident of himself, only if the others around him were confident in him also.

Smiling, Anden gave Phin a pat on the shoulder and they moved in through the entrance. Almost immediately the brute spotted them and stopped mid lift to stare them down. Phin returned the hard stare with a glare of his own. He wouldn't give the hulk the satisfaction of thinking he had intimidated someone. Phin was itching to reach behind him and withdraw his beloved Sat'skar..

Hang tight Phin, we're almost there..

Phin caught the leader attempt to go for his blaster, and noticed Anden out of the corner of his eye react so fast, Phin had to blink to make sure it had just happened. Anden, whose hand had already been at his blaster, had it drawn before the guy had even gone to his crouch. The man’s eyes narrowed and flickered from both Phin and Anden. Before the guy could draw his weapon Anden spoke smoothly and confidently.

“Don’t even think about it.” Anden said evenly, with a calmness that would otherwise make Phin smile, had it not been for the situation at hand.

“So….” The man replied back, standing slowly and raising his hands slightly, “you think you are going to get my ship are you?”

“Actually, I don’t think anything of the sort.” Anden replied just as nonchalantly, “We are taking this ship. So do you want to do this the long or the short way?” he asked.

Heh, this guy's good.

“Well,” The man said looking at his companion who was still hefting the crates, “Warl, looks like we get some unexpected fun.”

Two things happened almost immediately after Anden heard the “n” in fun. Phineus' eyes widened as huge crates began to be flung in his direction, and the complete lack of knowing where Anden had so rapidly ran off to.

Holy-!

Phineus managed to roll to his right side as three crates crashed onto the floor where he once stood. Phin popped back up quickly as the brute came at him.

He may have size.. strength.. and size, but I have the speed.

To Phin's surprise, he saw the big hulk unsheath a Ryyk blade, and began to approach even quicker. Phineus took in a breath, and slowed time. He felt his fingers dance along the hilt of his Sat'skar, pulling it out in front of him in a defensive position. He shut his eyes for the finest of seconds, taking in a deep breath once again, and letting out calmly. He opened his eyes to see the brute standing five yards in front of him, grunting.

"Hello there," Phineus said slyly, rearing his sword back, preparing for the clash.

The brute struck his Ryyk at Phin's throat, but was caught by Phin's fine sword. With every move the brute attempted, he was matched by Phineus. The brute went high, Phineus was already there to meet him. The brute swooped low, Phineus then sprang into the air, bring his sword to the brutes left should as he landed. It seemed to have little effect.

Two hands on the hilt, Phineus raised the Sat'skar, and struck at the center of the brute's head, and was matched with the Ryyk. The fierce power behind Phin's attack shattered his blade. The brute threw his gigantic arm from his left side, to his right, knocking Phin to the ground. Blood began to drip from his lip, and Phineus' eyes grew as red as his home planet's sky.

Phineus felt something that had previously laid dorment since his fight with his father. An eery combination of anger, hate, a lust for his hands around the brutes neck. He wanted to see the life drain from his eyes. He needed it. He be spaced if he didn't get it.

The brute edged closer, and Phineus sprung up, kicking the Ryyk blade from his hands. The blade scraped up against Phin's leg, but his armor depleted any pain it would have caused. Phineus' attack ensued. He delivered a crushing right hook, followed by a chop to the neck, and a swift kick in the brutes chest. The moves, alone, would have done nothing. However, the combination had dropped the brute to his knees.

Phineus non-chalantly approached, withdrawing two throwing knives in his right hand. He threw both at the Brutes neck, then followed up with a hard kick in the same area, pressing the sharp razors further into the brutes shredding neck. He now lay on the floor, gasping for his last breath.

Phineus kept his head down, yet his eyes peered up, burning with his fiery passion. He came up behind the brute, gazing into his dying eyes, and delivered one final blow to his face with his CompForce boot.

Then, somehow, he felt weak, having to catch himself from falling. He became minorly dizzy, and thoughts of uncertainness and regret plagued him.

What have I done? He questioned himself intently, feeling an onslaught of odd emotions.

He managed to regain part of himself, enough to scamper over to his wingman, whom had accomplished his goal as well.

“You ready to get off this stinking planet?” Anden said with a small laugh.

Phineus knelt beside Anden, for some reason feeling much more withdrawn than from the fight he had earlier with Anden and Tomas.

“Do you really think you have to ask that, took you long enough to take that guy out?” Phineus said throwing a light punch at Anden’s un-injured shoulder.

Phineus helped Anden up, and the two began to quickly make their way onboard the awaiting ship they had planned to hijack.

Phineus pranced aboard the ship, and fell into the co-pilot's seat. Anden got to the center lined cockpit of the Corellian made freighter just after Phin. Phineus had already begun to fire up the preliminaries but was hesitant at parts of it. Anden took the pilot chair since, helping Phin fire the bird up. Anden had told Phin of his extensive experiance with many different kinds of ships, but Phin was still very impressed as he watched Anden seemingly fly though the system's check as if the ship was his own.

“We are going to be heading out of this planet hot.” He told Phineus, after checking out the scanners as they came to life and look over at his wing mate, “I am going to need you to man the dorsal guns. Think you can handle that?”

Heh, what does he think I'm here for?

“Do Wookies climb trees?” Phineus replied grinning as he unbuckled from chair and jetted out from the cockpit, nearly leaping over his chair.

Phineus attached the gunners helm, and set up the comm to be in tune with Anden as he began to lift off and rotate the ship to face the entrance. Phineus noticed on his mini-readout display that the shields suddenly fell offline as the ship took off with unprecedented speed.

Phin’s semi-worried voice came in over the comm, “Umm…we do have shields…right?”

Anden replied, “Trust me…I know what I am doing.”

"Oh, boy. Another one of his plans." Phineus said, keeping it to a whisper even he barely heard, and was drowned out by the noise as they shot out of the hangar and began the ascend away from the planet.

"I have a bad feeling about this!" Phineus called out as his head snapped back.

Anden, I hope you know what you're doing... you odd quack..
"It was his destiny to join the Empire. He saw death, hatred, evil. How he came out sane, I may never know. If he can control his fear, then Phineus' potential will never be greater."

"Welcome to down town coolsville... Population... us."

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  174
February 19, 2008 1:22:43 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram strapped himself into his fighter. All around him the other Vipers were scrambling into their own craft. Zane had blown the secret hatches when had launched, so all Ibram had to do was fire her up and get her moving. He commed the Admiral to see how he was doing;

“Everything ok sir?”

“Just dandy Petty Officer, thank you….How do you turn this thing on again?”

Ibram sighed, “Very funny sir.”

“Viper 2, ready.” He heard Aleia say over the com.

“Launch when you’re ready Vipers, 12 says we got company, he can’t hold them all off on his own.”

Ibram watched as Aleia launched, her TIE screaming out of the Hanger and into the skies above. System checks complete, he started up his TIE’s engines, and pushed forward gently on the throttle.

“I’ll meet you out there sir. Viper 8, launching.”

It was good to be back in the cockpit again. Fighting on the ground was all well and good, but he was born to fly. He cleared the Minotaur’s hold, and joined Aleia and Zane as their patrolled the skies above. Lukas and the CO exited just behind him, leaving on the XO, the Admiral, Rocket and Mira still on the ground.

He checks his radar. It seemed half a squadron of Z-95’s were heading in from orbit to stop them from escaping. No matter, Viper squadron would be more then a match for them…provided everyone made it off the ground…

“8, this is 12.” Zanes voice echoed over the coms. “What you got 12?” He replied.

“I’m still hacked into the mainframe, tapped into their sensors so that we could some extra range….I can see right into orbit….”

Ibram didn’t like where this was headed, “And?”

“And they’ve got some warships moving in to hem us in ….”

“Gak.” Ibram checked the data Zane was pinging over to him. Two Dreadnoughts in Geo-synchronous orbit above their position, with the other half of the Z-95 squadron. Ibram wondered why the Dreadnoughts simply blast them from orbit….

The rest of Viper squadron was now in the air, and they formed up by flight. Ibram and Aleia were at the rear, flanking the Admiral’s defender. They climbed to meet the incoming fighters.

“Alright Guys and Gals, listen up. I’ve just contacted Darkhawk with a secure channel and told him we’re inbound. He knows about the Dreadnoughts in Orbit, and there going to try and distract them – 8, 2, leave the bad guys to us, you just get the Admiral onto that Strike Cruiser. We’re two men down, so lets not get cocky. Once we’ve taken care of these clowns, we’ll need to catch up as there is still a squadron and a half out there. Lets move people.” The CO’s TIE raced ahead, the XO bringing up second and third Flight

The Admirals voice echoed over the coms. “I’d just like to say Vipers, that your doing the VE proud so far. Make it through this, and you’ll be heroes.”

Ibram, Aleia and the Admiral hung back as the rest of Viper Squadron accelerated to attack speed. Ibram could see the Z-95’s in orbit, and beyond them, the flashes of the space battle above.

His dashboard beeped as he received a private message from the CO:

=======================================================

Be on your guard, a Star Destroyer has jumped into orbit. IFF suggests Imperial Remnant.

Something’s not right, this is too easy.

======================================================

Ibram read the message, and then read it again.

What now?

OOC:
582 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Initiate

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  115
February 19, 2008 5:58:01 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
“8, this is 12.” Zanes voice echoed over the coms. “What you got 12?” He replied.

“I’m still hacked into the mainframe, tapped into their sensors so that we could some extra range….I can see right into orbit….”

Ibram didn’t like where this was headed, “And?”

“And they’ve got some warships moving in to hem us in ….”

“Gak.” Ibram checked the data Zane was pinging over to him. Two Dreadnoughts in Geo-synchronous orbit above their position, with the other half of the Z-95 squadron. Ibram wondered why the Dreadnoughts simply blast them from orbit….

The rest of Viper squadron was now in the air, and they formed up by flight. Ibram and Aleia were at the rear, flanking the Admiral’s defender. They climbed to meet the incoming fighters.

“Alright Guys and Gals, listen up. I’ve just contacted Darkhawk with a secure channel and told him we’re inbound. He knows about the Dreadnoughts in Orbit, and there going to try and distract them – 8, 2, leave the bad guys to us, you just get the Admiral onto that Strike Cruiser. We’re two men down, so lets not get cocky. Once we’ve taken care of these clowns, we’ll need to catch up as there is still a squadron and a half out there. Lets move people.” The CO’s TIE raced ahead, the XO bringing up second and third Flight

The Admirals voice echoed over the coms. “I’d just like to say Vipers, that your doing the VE proud so far. Make it through this, and you’ll be heroes.”

Zane for once smiled as the Admiral spoke, but as soon as it had come, it had disappeared. Zane had been able to identify the ships he had found earlier as a bunch of Z-95's, and a couple of dreadnoughts. This was potentially bad for the squadron for they couldn't be taken down by the Z-95's. Well at least till the Admiral was safe.

They still had 2 dozen Z-95's. That was at least 2-1. Plus Zane wanted to do something interesting before he left for orbit. What could he do that was actually interesting? Zane started wracking his brains. What could he do. After a little while Zane started to come up with an idea. but he would have to travel farther into the atmosphere  closer to, but not quite into orbit.

"Commander this is Viper 12 requesting permission to search the enemy base for anything useful." asked Zane

"What was....Viper 12.....," said the commander, his voice hard to hear.

"Commander?" wondered Zane.

"Viper 12 you seem to be going in and out....," replied Tomas.

"Commander what about my request?" repeated Zane.

"Ye.....you have permission.....12," replied Tomas.

"Thanks Commander." replied Zane

Zane knew he was still in range for the commander. In fact he should have normally been able to hear the commander just fine. But the commander said it was him who was having the hard time communicating with Zane. Something fishy was going on. Something wasn't right. Zane didn't like it either. All he could do was go and carry out his plan.

Zane needed a really good spot to be able to have a really good wide range, among other reasons as well. With the new idea forming inside his head Zane began to take his TIE way up into the  atmosphere. Once there Zane could see the others as ants. Now he had to use some of his new sensor jamming tech he had developed for his TIE.

Zane flipped a few switches and then activated his his anti-detection  add-ons. He could not make the TIE invisible to the eye, that would cost way too much. But he would however be able to make himself able to not be detected by the enemies who were somewhat near at the moment. Zane didn't think he would ever need to use them, but he was glad he installed them.

If he was caught now then they would probably take him out, and eventually get to the others sooner. That would not be any good at all. Zane would have to quick, once he had his idea in play he would hopefully be able to help out the squad a bit. That is if he found anything good that he would be able to use.

Zane was now at least in a good spot for his search. Activating a small but fairly powerful satellite Zane had on his TIE Zane began to slowly find a way to dig deeper into the bases systems. If he could hack into the towers, then some how there had to be a way to hack into the base. Zane would find a way.

Zane had been developing a codex for stuff like this. He had gathered tons of codex's and a bunch of other things to create his codex. When he installed it into something that could use it, then it became a very very useful item. It had not failed Zane yet and he was almost sure it would not now.

Zane plugged the small chip into his laptop and got to work. He needed to do this quickly. It took him a while. Zane had not expected the base to have such a good system. Every time he cracked into the system further, something else even harder got in his way. But as he did get further Zane used all that he had cracked as new data for his own codex.

Automatically once his codex cracked something, it took all the data that it had just gone through and added it to itself, making itself better and better each and every time it cracked something. It was mind clenching. It made Zane think, which was something he had not had to do in a while. But he loved challenges.

Finally Zane had stripped the system almost bare of it's protections. Zane had to admit it wasn't exactly easy. Finally he had done it, he had hacked into the bases main controls. This was brilliant. Zane actually had full access to the whole bases controls and systems. After downloading any useful information from the base Zane started his search.

After a few moments of searching Zane accidentally stumbled over a section of the base labeled "TOP SECRET."

"Perfect, lets see what's inside," muttered Zane.

Zane cracked the systems and protections guarding the room and was amazed at what he found. Dozens of extremely hi-tech missiles. All of them could lock on a target and not stop till the missile itself or its target was blown up. They all would take out even big ships no problem. There were even several small ones to. In fact they were of various sizes.

"Perfect this will do very nicely," muttered Zane again.

Then Zane stumbled on something else. A message popped up as he was back tracking his way out of the system, and back to the main control room. When he got back to it the message popped up, apparently it was meant for the base commander. Zane decided it couldn't hurt to read it.

"--Commander the troops our enemies were able to trick into going to the other side of the base just reported back. They found nothing, and soon discovered they had been tricked. They are ready for your command.

-- Officer Denix get those troops out there with the Z-95's! I want those intruders taken down. I want their Admiral back at the base ASAP. Do what you have to do, but get those crafts up with the Z-95's."

That wasn't good, the ships Zane had diverted to a far section of the base finally discovered they were tricked. Took them long enough. This was not good though. Zane would have to report this to the commander if they posed a threat, which Zane was sure they would eventually.

At least he had found something he could use, dozens of missiles. He then locked the connection and encrypted it so that just in case the base discovered it was being hacked it couldn't hack him, or close the connection without seriously taking a while to try to bust his encryptions. It took Zane moments to set them, but it would take them hours to crack them. Now to let the commander know.

"Commander, you won't believe what I've found, missiles, some not event the empire can get! I have control of them all," said Zane.

"Viper 12 this is probably something that could help us soon, do you have control of them all, full control as in launch and everything?" questioned Tomas.

"Affirmative commander, they are all being prepped for launch right now," replied Zane

"Viper 12............great............ready.....," said Tomas again hard to understand from the static.

"Commander I can't understand you again," said Zane.

"Viper 12 there seems to be more interference I---- he was cut off as the communications went dead.

Zane tried to get them back up, but it was in vain. He no longer was able to contact the other squad members. Something was making sure that he couldn't. Something somehow had picked him up with some very hi-tech sensors and found a way to jam his communications. Zane activated the scanners at full power. His fears were confirmed. Amidst the fleets of Z-95's were two assassins leading the way.

One of them was sending out very high powered signals in very short bursts. Zane was only able to catch two before they literally shit him out. Whatever it was on those two ships were very skilled and very much possibly deadly. Zane would have to be careful. The other squad members would probably not get warned now that he no longer could communicate with them.

That wasn't all the ships that Zane had hoped would not become a threat were now, a threat. Zane would have to take them out. They were no where near the rest of the squadron yet, but neither was Zane. The squad would have no idea that the other ships were trying to join the Z-95's. It was now Zane's duty to take care of as many as he could.

With any luck he could take out at least 8 of the 11 that posed a threat. Luckily not even the other ships even knew about Zane.

"This will turn out to be very interesting, missiles and a bunch of ships to take out all to myself, I'm going to enjoy this," thought Zane.
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= 
  =*Viper Squadron*= 
-TR: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. "
-Jack Bauer: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. "
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||GW Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
[This message has been edited by Zane ZyCrusis (edited February 19, 2008 6:01:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Zane ZyCrusis (edited February 19, 2008 6:59:54 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Zane ZyCrusis (edited February 19, 2008 7:30:23 PM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  21
February 19, 2008 6:56:50 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
As his eyes saw that all systems were normal, Lukas engaged the engines and eased out of the hanger, leaving the Minotaur behind as he flew towards space. He looked towards his scanner to see that the CO was next to him, getting set to join formation as he flew with Tomas and the others. His first official Fighter flight was good so far, but he knew that brutal times were ahead for him and his friends.

Lukas looked to his radar to see some Z-95's heading for them, nodding to that as he set his fighter guns to its twin-cannon setting. He knew that Viper Squadron was going to be in for the fight of their lives in order to escape this scenario. Suddenly, the CO's voice came through the com as Lukas listened on.

“Alright Guys and Gals, listen up. I’ve just contacted Darkhawk with a secure channel and told him we’re inbound. He knows about the Dreadnoughts in Orbit, and there going to try and distract them – 8, 2, leave the bad guys to us, you just get the Admiral onto that Strike Cruiser. We’re two men down, so lets not get cocky. Once we’ve taken care of these clowns, we’ll need to catch up as there is still a squadron and a half out there. Let's move people.”

Lukas slowed his speed a bit to meet with C-3 to officially join the formation as the TIE's headed towards the incoming enemy. He didn't have time to say any special prayers this time around, because this was coming very quickly. Despite the odds against them, Lukas smiled as he knew that the Vipers would take care of business as usual. It got them this far, and there's no stopping now. Then, just as he got motivated, the voice of the Admiral came in with some more encouragement.

“I’d just like to say Vipers, that your doing the VE proud so far. Make it through this, and you’ll be heroes.”

That was all Lukas needed as he pressed the engines to attack speed and followed the others towards the enemy fighters in space. This was it for the man known as the Fulfiller as his fighter followed C-3's lead as he headed towards a couple of Z-95's heading towards them. Lukas slowly lined up a shot upon one of their wings as Second Flight began to break away from the advancing fighters. Once the target was locked on with red, Lukas gave a slight smile as he fired off a volley of green laser towards the left wing of one of the Headhunters, shredding its shields just enough to severely damage that wing to the point of no recognition. Lukas veered a hard right as the wounded Z-95 spun out of control and went past him, heading towards the atmosphere and the planet below.

Lukas turned his fighter towards C-3 and the rest of the Vipers as he hoped to help them out with the rest of these vermin. He relaxed a bit as he was smiling at the fact that he made his first kill as a member of Viper Squadron. It was a proud moment, and it would be one that he wouldn't forget. However, this wasn't a time to reflect on that small victory. It was time for business.

[This message has been edited by Fulfiller (edited February 19, 2008 7:27:50 PM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  191
February 23, 2008 7:06:54 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“What the Gak? Two? Can you hear me two? Skipper? Anyone?”

Ibram frowned at his dashboard. One second the skipper was giving formation orders, the next minute everything went silent. And it wasn’t just him.

Out of his viewport, Ibram could see the others wobble slightly in their fighters, like they were flying blind….

Or deaf.

If they couldn’t communicate with each other, then their coordination was shot to hell. Luckily the radar was still working, so whatever it was it was only affecting the communication frequencies. This meant it was unlikely to be a ground based instillation, as they would be jamming the whole works.

Ibram looked again at the radar. The Z-95’s were still inbound…but they had been joined by two others. Strange. The newcomers we’re hanging back slightly. Almost like….

Beams of light erupted all around them. Ibram tried to bank, only to find that Aleia was banking the same way. Vipers on all sides tried to dodge the anti-air fire whilst at the same time trying not to get hit. Finally Ibram found some room to manoeuvre, and accelerated up and round as energy beams lanced all around him.

Coming about, Ibram watched in horror as Rocket’s shields were overwhelmed. Rocket tried to bank hard to port, but a tracer shot through the casing of his engines, wrecking the insides. Defenceless and powerless, Rockets fighter plummeted to the ground below. Ibram thought he saw rocket ejecting, but he couldn’t be sure through all the smoke and laser fire. The fighter plummeted into one of the warehouses, and detonated.

Ibram couldn’t help but feel hopeless at that moment; Tomas, with Mira in tow were heading towards the in coming Z-95’s, C-3 and Lukas we’re banking and turning wildly to try and dodge the incoming laser fire…Ibram saw Aleia in the distance, doing a slow-wide arc whilst trying to survey the scene…Zane was still off on his crazy mission, and the Admiral….

The Admiral!

Ibram looked around, frantically searching for the TIE defender. His jaw dropped as he saw it in the distance, diving right towards the AA-tower.

“Crazy old fool! What are you doing!” he shouted into his mic, even if he knew the Admiral couldn’t hear him.

Banking and weaving, the TIE Defender expertly dodged all of the fire being directed at it, and as the Admiral got closer, the AA-Tower concentrated more and more fire power to taking down the renegade fighter.

Ibram watched on as, in what was probably the best bit of flying Ibram had ever seen in his life; the Admiral fired two proton torpedoes, and let off a barrage of ion and laser fire, before pulling up sharply. Judging by all of the dodging the Admiral had had to do, it was unlikely he had been able to get a missile lock, so that meant he had fired the missiles blind…

Ibram’s jaw dropped even further as the barrage and the missiles hit home, turning the tower into molten slag.

Gak me.

Ibram wasn’t much of a person to believe in deities or some 'higher power', but he had always felt there was something in the universe beyond the perceptions of normal people, something magical and mystical, like the “Jedi” from the stories his dad used to tell him.

Whatever it was, Ibram was convinced the Admiral had it. Not even a Corellian is that lucky.

By this time, the others had engaged the Z-95’s. They were outnumbered, but two of the enemy were still hanging back, unwilling to engage. Ibram noticed to was the two newcomers who had joined the formation earlier.

Taking up formation on one flank of the Admiral, he directed his fighter away from the dogfight. He wanted nothing more the to jump him and help them, but he knew that getting the TIE Defender to the task force in orbit was the bigger priority. Although how they were going to get past those two Dreadnoughts was anyone’s guess…..

Ibram jumped as, out of nowhere, projectiles appeared and slammed into the two spectating Z-95’s, vaporising them.

And then there was sound.

“-at the Gak was that!?””-oms are back online?””-tus report!””-ne this is Twelve, repeat, break! Incoming!”

The last broadcast made Ibram look over at the dogfight. Almost at once, the fighters of Viper squadron broke formation and retreated from the engagement. Seconds later, another wave of projectiles slammed into the enemy fighters, sending wreckage raining down on the city below.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have take that nap but….what the Frak just happened?” Mira spoke over the com.

It was Zane who replied. “Those two fighters that weren’t engaging had some sort of jamming gear with them. They were blocking our communications so we couldn’t coordinate. I used some antiquated missiles I found to take them out, and then once coms were restored, I took out the rest once you guys had cleared the area.”

“Thank you twelve.” The CO cut-in. “Get your ass in gear and rejoin the squadron. No more heroics from now on. Status report everyone.”

Ibram piped up. “The AA tower is taken care of sir, thanks to the Admiral and some out-of-this-world flying.”

“You’re welcome.” He replied.

“But sir…Rocket. He was shot down. I didn’t see if he ejected or not, but his bird slammed into one of the warehouse. He’s gone sir.”

There was along pause.

“Dead or alive, we can’t go back for him…or the others.” Ibram thought he heard the skippers voice wavering. “Form up behind our formation Eight. You three will punch through the blockade after we’ve diverted their fire. Stay sharp people, and stay alive. This planet has already cost us too much.”

Ibram thought he heard someone sniff, but whether it was Aleia, Mira or just his imagination was anybodies guess.

Up above, the Dreadnoughts loomed.

OOC:
969 words. Rockets fate leaves it open so that, should he become active again, he can be written back in as having been a POW or something, or that he escaped.

And Zane, i mean it when i say no more heroics now :P lol

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Initiate

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  123
February 23, 2008 10:49:41 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane had gotten the missiles already. There were still the other ships from the base following him, well at least half of them. The other half had been blown up by the dozens of missiles he had found. Zane had gotten fed up with watching them so he decided it would be easier if they were all just blown up. Zane was stunned to soon see that one of the towers he had under his control were blown up. He soon saw as he got closer to the squad that it had gotten more control over itself than Zane had and had started firing at the squad.

Zane discovered that the Admiral was the one who had taken it out. Zane finally was able to get close enough to get a lock on the two ships who were blocking his communications, but as he fired, a big boom happened, causing his aim to falter. Zane looked around only to see that his friend had been shot down. Zane swerved forgetting about the two other ships.

“Rocket, what happened!” yelled Zane.

“Zane…..going…… can’t…..,” replied Rocket, his connection obviously failing.

Zane’s draw dropped as he watched helplessly while his friend perished. Zane tried flying as fast as he could almost pulling a dive bomb to try to get to his friend. But it was to late. Zane saw the TIE crash into the base, and upon impact exploding. Zane couldn’t believe what he had just witnessed. The rest of his followers soon woke him up from the daze as they fired at Zane’s TIE. Zane pulled out a little ways closer to Rocket.

Zane waited for another response from his friend, but none came. As his own TIE jerked from the blasts he was taking Zane immediately awoke from the haze that had taken over his mind. He could have sworn that he saw Rocket eject from the TIE, but there was so much smoke, it was hard to tell.  Zane waited another few precious moments hoping another reply would come. But when nonce came it wasn't much of a disappointment.

“Rocket if your still alive you better find some way to make it back,” muttered Zane under his breath.

Zane enraged started to get another lock, this time on the small group of fighters which the fatal shot to rocket had come from. Once he had the lock, Zane put in the coordinates for the missiles to find the group. While Zane waited for the missiles to get ready, Zane got another lock on the two ships which he was sure that were blocking his communications. Missiles had already been prepared for them, so Zane made sure the coordinates were right, and fired. Instantly a huge mushroom cloud of fire erupted, leaving Zane satisfied, for the moment at least.

Zane tuned into the communications line which his squad would be on, and quickly found Ibram.

Zane what the hell just happened!?" yelled Ibram.

“Those two fighters that weren’t engaging had some sort of jamming gear with them. They were blocking our communications so we couldn’t coordinate. I used some antiquated missiles I found to take them out, and then once coms were restored, I took out the rest once you guys had cleared the area.” reported Zane to Ibram after he blew up the other two ships.

“Thank you twelve.” The CO cut-in. “Get your ass in gear and rejoin the squadron. No more heroics from now on. Status report everyone.” replied Ibram.

"Hey Ibram what----," Zane stopped he didn't want to know.

“What was that Viper 11,” piped up Ibram.

“Nothing," replied Zane.

*Ping*

Zane's missiles were loaded and ready. The memory of Rocket came rushing back, and Zane once more became enraged. Zane only need warn everyone by those few Z-95's so that they didn't get hurt before he fired.

“Every by these coordinates best get away, I am sending in enough missiles to destroy a few Z-95's around these coordinates,” reported Zane trying to hide his anger.

Simultaneously a few voices replied that they had understood, or that they were moving now. Zane waited only 30 seconds seeing that his squad mates had moved before firing the missiles. Zane watched in satisfaction as another big fireball enveloped just a few of the 2 dozen Z-95’s. Zane smiled and made sure that nobody on his side had gotten hurt. Finding nobody had received any damage, Zane turned his attention to eliminating the rest of his followers so that he could help the squad.

Zane located the rest of the base’s ships and was able to take out all but 3 with a couple missiles. Zane’s heart started to beat wildly and he soon felt a rush of adrenaline as he powered up his engines and reached unnecessary speeds. Zane took care of two of the ships so fast it amazed even himself. One minute he saw two ships in front of him, within the next 10 seconds he had pulled a barrel roll with one of them as the other two followed him as well. Then Zane had gotten behind the two ships and fired a single missile from his own ship.

All within only 15-20 seconds Zane had taken out two ships, leaving only one more of the bases reinforcements.  Zane ended up doing a quick dogfight with the ship who proved more evasive than any of the others. Eventually but somewhat quickly Zane was able to outmaneuver the ship and finally blew it into smithereens. Zane felt like he was a going a million miles an hour as he turned around and headed towards the rest of his squadron.

“Ibram I just took care of the last of the bases dozen or so of reinforcements, I am coming to help you guys out now,” reported Zane.

“Copy that Viper 11, get here as quick as you can,” replied Ibram..

“I’m about 30 seconds away sir,” said Zane.

“Speed it up to 10, we need as much backup as possible, fire a few missiles while your at it,” ordered Ibram..

“Will do,” replied Zane.

With that as Zane neared the rest of the squad Zane located every one the Z-95’s that were still active. They still had quite a few more to go. Zane arrived just in time to shoot down a Z-95 near Ibram. Zane didn’t know exactly what he had his attention on but Ibram hadn’t even noticed he had a ship trying to blow him up.

“Ibram I don’t know what the heck you were looking at, but you just about got into some trouble there,” said Zane.

“Oh Viper 11, it’s about time you got here,” replied Ibram.

“What were you so worried about that you didn’t even notice a Z-95 sneaking up on ya?” asked Zane.

“Nothing Zane, give me a hand with these Z-95’s over here will ya?” asked Ibram.

“Alright whatever,” replied Zane.

With that Zane tagged along with Ibram as they dove into a group of the Z-95’s.

“And Zane, don’t be getting any Heroic ideas about Rocketman either, he’s gone, there is nothing we can do at this point, forget him,” ordered Ibram.

Zane didn’t answer. He knew it was pointless to help his wingman, but he still couldn’t lose the sense of sadness and anger over Rockets sudden befall. Zane would make sure that no more of his Squad mates would be lost on this mission if he could help it.

OOC:
1,165 words.  Alright Ibram if I have too....
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= 
  =*Viper Squadron*= 
Leading Crewman Zane ZyCrusis, Ghost Writer of the VE Today,
Member of the VESA

Naval ID:
FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 11||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=)
Engineering Corps-VE Today ID:
[This message has been edited by Zane ZyCrusis (edited February 25, 2008 5:12:43 PM)]
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  99
February 24, 2008 12:08:21 AM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Anden guided the ship along the lines of fire from the defensive fire coming from the smuggler turbo laser fire. He looked down to make sure that the air locks were in place to the larger-than-normal freight storage areas. He had to calculate where his flight path would need to be to accomplish what he wanted.

Flying out into orbit as they currently were would be possible, but Anden wanted to make sure that they would be able to make it into orbit and be able to get through the conflict and make the jump to light speed or be able to dock in one of the Capital Starships. In order to do that, Anden knew he would need to get rid of the extra weight they were to be able to get out of there in one piece.

As he neared the lines of turbo laser fire he heard Phineus over the comm, “I really do hope you know what you are doing Anden…” he said sounding more nervous than Anden felt.

His hands flew over the flight controls as he guided the ship closer and closer to the fire. Then the blasts began to hit. A focus came over him as the whole ship shook as hit after hit struck at the ship, tearing away at the rear of the ship. He fed a little more to ships engines to make sure they kept hitting only the spot he wanted.

Not yet, wait for it….wait for it.” he said to himself. The pains for the fights before started to really wear on him and he forced himself to remain in focus.

The whole time he heard a bunch of color words coming from Phin, but he interrupted him, “Phin you are going to have to be my eyes, let me know when the last of the rear freight space has been taken off.”

“Frak!......Frak!....” Phin was still saying, “What?,...right, right. I’m on it.” He said finally.

He had no idea what Phin was thinking beyond how crazy his wingmate was, but at least he was up for what Anden had planned. Anden rotated the ship back and forth across the line of fire so that it met with the contours of the rounded dish part of the freighter.

“That’s the last of it!! Go! Go! Go!!!” Phin cried out suddenly.

Anden didn’t need any more coaxing than that. Before Phin got out the first ‘go’ Anden punched it and tore away from the defense fire. He smiled as he heard Phin let out a whoop from the added force of the engine thrust.

Unfortunately, around the time they got out of targeting range from the ground fire Anden picked up three bogeys coming in at them. Anden immediately started transferring some power to the shields and clicked over the comm line.

“Phin, time to give those cannons a work out. We have incoming fighters, three of them at four o’clock.” He said as he continued to try and get an id on what kind of starfighters they were up against.

“I’m on them.” Phin said fully in his concentrated battle mode now.

Now, Anden had seen just about every kind of variant ship out there whether it was in blue prints, in pieces or as a damaged whole. But the ships coming at them were nothing like he had ever seen. They ended up being a mixture of a few different ships. They hand the Panel wings of TIE Fighters but the main of the ship had what looked like the main hull of an X-wing.

Anden got a little bit more of the shields up as they starfighters were just coming into their ranged to give Phineus optimum targeting. Anden adjusted the tilt of the ship to bring the dorsal cannons into a greater range of fire for Phin.

“Time for a little fun.” Anden said smiling.

He heard the cannons start blazing and heard a victory whoop as the fighters made their first pass. Anden saw one of the fighters signatures blip out and he watched as the fighters roared over the center lined cockpit.

One down, two to go.

He fired of some shot of his own on the forward facing fixed-position cannons to try and keep them up in the line of fire of the dorsal cannons where Phineus was. They fighters split up and to come around at the ship from both sides. Anden knew they might take a few hits but was confident that the shields would hold. He also knew that they would need to regroup with the squadron. Letting them know who they were would be another task completely.

He let Phineus worry about the remaining two and made sure just to keep them in his sights as best as he possibly could.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
FM/SCR Beliam/Viper 4/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)

Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

Post Number:  61
February 24, 2008 3:42:28 PM    View the profile of Sicario 
The sweat began to drop from Phin's hair, which now lay messily over the top of his eyes. I need a haircut, he mused, shaking his head to one side, attempting to move the hair so he could see better.

Phineus wasn't a man full of fear. To be honest, he was pretty sure he left that on Mustafar. He also didn't believe in trust, only putting his faith in his trusty droids. But oddly enough, he gave any trust he had in his bones to his wingman - or pilot at the moment - Anden Beliam. One bad move and they'd be blown to smithereens. Anden seemed calm however. Phineus was calm on the inside, but he, as many have come to known, was amazing at hiding his true emotions. On the outside, he looked like a four year old fighting a Rancor..

“I really do hope you know what you are doing, Anden…” Phineus said nervously.

If not, we'll be pretty dead soon.

Phineus felt a sudden, strong push. Then another. It had began, the fire had hit their ship. Phineus was, to say the least, in a bit of a frenzy.

Frak, frak.. Fierfrek..

“Phin you are going to have to be my eyes, let me know when the last of the rear freight space has been taken off.” Anden said, snapping Phin from his panicky state.

“Frak!......Frak!....” Phin was still saying, “What?,...right, right. I’m on it.” He said finally.

Phineus gazed at all the different directions, whispering certain words underneath his breath.

“That’s the last of it!! Go! Go! Go!!!” Phin cried out suddenly.

Phin's neck snapped back as his words attempted to flow out from his mouth. Anden seemed to have a 6th sense of sorts, knowing exactly what Phin was going to say after he heard the first word. There was something about him. Phineus had noticed it from the start, and it became increasingly more noticeable with each new adventure they made. Anden seemed to be meant for something more, and Phineus looked up to that..

Phineus noticed three fighters coming in from their left side, looking pretty alien in design. Phineus began to marvel at their appearance before Anden chimed in his orders.

“Phin, time to give those cannons a work out. We have incoming fighters, three of them at four o’clock.”

Both of the two wingmen were trying to get a hold on just what, or who, they were up against.

“I’m on them.” Phineus replied, now into his combat mode.

That was Phin. He could go from one emotion to another quicker than a speeder can accelerate. He was very good at keying in on those emotions also, sometimes too good. But when it came to fighting, his concentration was nothing shy of important.

As the fighters made their first pass, Phineus keyed in on the one bringing up the tail end. He rotated the cannons ahead of the speeding fighter.

C'mon, c'mon. Keep coming.

And so it did. The fighter kept it's course and flew directly into a spray of laser. Phin couldn't help but be proud.

"Hah! Got 'em!" He exclaimed.

Anden let in his happy rebuttle, "Nice shot, Phin. Watch them, they're coming around."

Phineus turned and spotted the remaining two fighters make a wide turn and re-approach the ship. And they were coming fast. Phineus didn't even have time to adjust the cannon as one of the two fighters lined itself up with Phineus' cockpit, and fired. Phineus bore witness as the red laser flew from out of the fighter, directly at Phineus..

Phineus and Kayla waltzed hand in hand through out the cities shopping center. They were nearly skipping their way throughout the sky lane, completely full of happiness. They were on their way to nowhere, just enjoying a beautiful Coruscant day, and the company of eachother.

The two lovers stopped, and turned into eachothers loving arms. They gazed into eachothers eyes, and the 5'3" Kayla stepped on her toes to kiss the 6'0" Phineus. Everything seemed peaceful. That's when Phineus saw it.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the assassin's vibro-blade dug into Kayla's spine. Her eyes stared into his as her last seconds dwindled away...

"Phineus! You with me or what?" Anden yelled over the comm, snapping Phin from his daydream.

Anden managed to dip down and quickly cut to their left to avoid the blast. Phineus began blinking wildly, then settled himself down.

Snap out of it, Gage! Get your frakkin' head back in the game.

So he did, rotating the cannon clock-wise to line up with the fighters, now turning ahead of the ship to come in for yet another attack. Phineus wouldn't let them get that far.

As the strange fighters now had their noses to the ship, Phineus opened fire. He managed a direct hit on the right-most fighter's right wing, which flinged him into a spiriling spin into his opposite fighter.

Nothing like killing two fighters with one stone.

"They're down, Anden." Phineus began, "All three."

Anden nodded to himself, but let out no reply. Apparently his wingmate was worried about Phineus. Possibly even losing trust.

"Just concentrate, kid." Anden said..

"Acid rain, when Abel looked up at Cain.."

Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  22
February 24, 2008 6:25:33 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
The TIE turned another hard right as the majority of cannon fire missed Lukas's Fighter by a few feet, just missing the left wing. He was separated from C-3 during this little stunt, but he hoped that he would be okay on his own for a little bit. It would only be a little while, mind that everyone was going on their own for this stretch of the mission.

Lukas turned his TIE towards towards a couple of the Z-95's that were followed C-3's ship. Lukas went to the comm and tried to contact his FL, but there was no answer. Why were the comms jammed up? In any rate, Lukas had to save C-3 by any means necessary, and this was certainly one of those times. He looked at his controls to see the shields gauge:

---------------
SHIELDS: 70%
---------------

It have to be enough as Lukas pulled his Fighter in a left turn, heading towards the two enemy fighters. Hitting a button to match the speed of the Z-95's, he wanted to take the left one out first since that one had the best shot at C-3's fighter. Aiming at the engines, Lukas pressed down on the triggers and watched as several green beams headed towards the target that was aimed for. The Z-95 tried to turn away towards safety, but it was too late as Lukas followed it with continuous fire, destroying the fighter within seconds. The fiery debris rained down to the ground below, but Lukas was still following the other fighter, which ended its pursuit of C-3 when the first fighter was destroyed. It would be good to see one less of these things in the air.

Suddenly, some alarms went in Lukas's control, signaling that he was being targeted. He took to the radar and saw two Z-95's right behind him, readying themselves for a fat kill. The one fighter could wait....this time. With that, just as the enemy fired off their round of cannon fire, Lukas pushed down on the stick to veer his TIE downward to evade the lasers. The ironic thing was that those lasers tore into the fighter that Lukas wanted to take out, blowing it up with friendly fire. Pulling the stick towards him, the TIE curved upward and back into a level position as he had lost those fighters that were chasing him.

The comms blared back to life as Lukas turned towards the rest of Viper Squadron, seeing C-3 taking out another of those buzzards as he re-entered formation. He heard of Rocket's TIE going down, and Lukas held his peace in respect for the fallen. There was some hope that, hopefully, he would have survived the crash within Lukas's heart. Once again, he couldn't worry about that as he aimed his TIE towards the heart of the blockade. If there was any way to get out of this alive, Viper Squadron had to do it together.

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Cadet

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  211
February 29, 2008 9:25:34 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“Sounds like you guys could use a hand”

Ibram didn’t know who it was that had spoken, but he wanted to kiss them right now. Things had been looking grim; with three pilots down, and two pilots on guard duty, the skipper was leading barely half a squadron up against nearly 3 times as many Z-95’s. They may be old, but they had numbers on their side.

“This is Viper Lead, it’s good to hear your voice Umbra” Tomas and the others were finishing off the last of the shell-shocked Z-95’s, whilst Ibram Aleia and the Admiral formed up on the Corvettes.

“Kam? Is that you?” the Admirals voice cut in through the coms.

“At your service admiral, I trust you had a nice vacation.”

“It was dandy, took your time in getting here I see. Enjoy the sights?”

“Immensely. Now, I’ve got new orders for you. Admiral, I’m afraid your ride is on the other side of the Dreadnoughts. The Thantos, Cerberus, and the Nemhain are distracting them for the time being. Dagoram, get what active pilots you can and join me, we’re going to flank them. If they’re smart, they’ll retreat and the Admiral will have a clear run. If not well, do your best to punch through.”

“Easy for you to say, you haven’t got Romeo and Juliet here babysitting you.”

Ibram blushed at that. Cheeky git.

The skipper’s voice came back over the Coms. “Alright people, you heard the man. Everyone form up on me and arm your missiles, let’s see if we can’t make these beasts bleed. Two, Eight, concentrate on getting the Admiral to the Thantos. After that you can rejoin the battle.”

The two Corvettes came about, and accelerated back towards the main battle, Viper Squadron following in his wake. Calculating a course that would take them round the edge of the engagement zone, Ibram led the Aleia and the Admiral away from the others. He’d never even seen a ship to ship clash before, but he knew they could be dangerous. He wished was joining his comrades.

“Don’t worry pilot,” The Admiral said. “They know they they’re doing.”

“How did you know what I was thinking?”

There was a pause, before “Because I’m thinking the same thing.”

Ibram shrugged and looked back towards the distant battle. Off to one side, he could see the Star Destroyer hanging in space, not moving or engaging.

I wonder what you want?

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  409
Total Posts:  619
February 29, 2008 12:01:26 AM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
Inside his Cockpit, C-3PX2 was confused. First there was comm. Chatter, and now it had all gone silent.

“What just happened?” C-3PX2 asked the AI.

“There is some sort of Communication jamming going on, no comm. messages are being sent or received.” The AI responded.

“What can cause this?” C-3PX2 asked as he looked at the radar for any hostile ships.

“Anything from a Jamming station, to a ship flying around with jammers in its hull.”

“So then, we have no idea what is causing it?”

“Exactly.”

C-3PX2 sat in the cockpit, holding the fighting in its position, barely drifting. He sat there and tugh about it for a second.

“What if we were to change our Comm.’s Protocol?”

“Explain.”

“Change some things to allow even Terrible Quality Transmissions that do not meet the Standards, to be picked up by our Comm.”

“Processing.”

There was a slight second, before the AI came back with the results.

“Applied. We are picking up surface transmissions, along with transmissions coming from the … …”

The Light on the comm. turned green, indication that there was no jamming at this time.

“Strange, Comm. is back… no matter.” C-3PX2 said. “Change back to the regular Transmitting Protocol.”

“Yea … right after I changed to the other one, you want it back to normal…” the AI responded.

He looked at his radar, and maneuvered his fighter to close the gap between himself and the rest of the squadron.

He looked through the view ports at the hell they had left behind. There were fiery crash pointed below, along with the freighter still on the landing pad. Many businesses of the market place were not in flame, after being hit with fallen debris. The whole spaceport seemed to be aflame.

C-3PX2 turned away and look straight ahead, he did not want to see any more of what they had left behind.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operator - Trainer Level 1 (T-1) |=|=| Author / GW C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Anden Beliam
ComNet Initiate

Anden Beliam

Post Number:  115
March 1, 2008 8:09:51 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
"They're down, Anden." Phineus began, "All three."

Anden nodded to himself, but didn’t say anything. He didn’t know if it was just the mission finally getting the best of Phineus, but he didn’t think so. There was something more to his blank out and lack of action. Anden could almost sense it. Though, that could just be the mission getting the best of him. He shook his head and re-focused himself to getting the freighter away from the planet with all the speed he could get from the modified freighter. He trusted Phineus with his life and made a mental note to talk to Phin after they made it out of this alive. He had to keep thinking that way because he couldn’t bring himself to think if they made it out.

"Just concentrate, kid." Anden said.

He had said that to Phin, but knew that they both needed to concentrate. Anden wasn’t used to how quiet the cock pit was in the freighter, and how large. It was different, almost too comfortable. If there was anytime that he would need to be focused, it was now. He could fly the ship, but not as well as he could a Tie. Both Phin and himself would need to use every facet of their piloting skills to make sure they made it through this.

As they passed through the atmosphere the dark yet soft light of space took over the ship. Anden allowed himself a smile as he truly began to feel once more that he was where he was meant to be. He was a pilot, true blue through and through. He looked over the ships instruments as the ships in the orbit space conflict as they began to show up on the sensors.

He saw the to Dreadnaughts and thought, “Oh this is going to be fun…”

“We’ve got some big guns in the game,” He said over the comm to Phin as he watched the rest of the information appear from the sensors, “And it looks like the squadron could use a bit of help with some fighters. Are you ready for some more action?”

“Heh, Hec yeah.” Phin said, his old self back, or at least a strong shadow of his wingmate.

He could tell that there was still something going on in Phin’s mind, and a part of him wanted to ask him what was up. The pilot portion of Anden’s mind knew that wouldn’t be a wise decision. There was nothing to it, he would just have to wait.

“We will be within range to lend a hand in forty-seconds.” He said back to Phin, “Be ready…things could get ugly. I am going to see if I can find a way to get back in touch with them so they don’t turn on us.”

“Sounds good…Standing by.” Came the reply back.

Anden busied himself, adding a little more power to the shields and trying to open up the comm to get in line with the signal to the rest of the squadron. The only thing was- this was the part of the Corellian starships that Anden knew very little. The in-ship comms were much different than getting in on outside comm sources. The only Anden could do is put an all-out-open communications and hope that one of the squadron members were listening in.

Soon they could see the debris of destroyed fighters in the wake of the dogfights that their fellow squadron mates had succeeded in. Anden hoped they would be able to help them out in the dogfights they were still in. He noted a group of three Tie fighters taking a flight path away from the main group and around the battle going on between the dreadnaughts and two of the Navy’s corvettes. One of the three Tie’s was the Defender.

The Admiral.

Getting him back safely was the main objective for the mission. Anden directed the ship to follow along their path as soon as he saw three uglies attempting to engage the Admiral and his two escorts. Their were there, right there on the brink of the dogfights and Phin was probably already taking aim at this moment, but he still broke away from the main fight to pursue the three uglies who were enroute to engage their number one priority.

“Anden, is space finally getting to you? I was just about to get a good shot at one of those hunters.” Phin almost shouted at him over the comm.

He knew that Phineus would understand as soon as he explained the situation. Or at least he hoped he would

“Don’t worry Phin, you will still get the chance. We are going to go make sure the Admiral gets back safely. And right there are three bogeys trailing him and his escort.” He said so quickly he wondered if Phineus had caught all of it.

He made sure to put energy back to the cannons so that Phin could do his thing. If they could take out the Z-95’s they might not need to get on the same comm frequency as the squadron. At least that was what Anden hoped. He keyed in to what he also hoped was the Viper comm frequency and began to pull up behind and below the three uglies following the Tie-D and the other fighters.

“As soon as you are open for a shot, take it.” He said noting that they were closing in on the fighters.

Anden kept pushing the freighter to beyond what’s normal speed would and still give power to the cannons. Then he saw the red fire shooting out from the hunters followed shortly by the repeating blasts from the freighters dorsal cannons. He heard Phineus give a shout as he made quick work of two of the fighters and he couldn’t help but smile. They had no idea what hit them. The remaining fighter wavered for a moment and then broke off after taking a few hit from Phin, Anden kept on the flight path that the Tie’s were holding after a brief moment of taking evasive maneuvers. That was when Anden heard an unfamiliar voice over the comm.

“Freighter A3-1205, Identify yourself.” The male voice said with firm authority.

Goodness, that guy was fast to pull up the ships numeral designation. Anden grinned and pulled up to form an elongated  diamond flight formation and then keyed in on the comm.

“Senior Crewman Beliam and Leading Crewman Gage of Viper squadron, her to cover your six, sir….Admiral Fury I presume.”

“Beliam?...where the frak did you come from?”

Anden recognized Ibram’s voice cut in over the line. He was sure it might be a little on the unexpected side of things to have two Vipers who were probably presumed dead show up in a shot up light freighter.

“It’s a long story….” Anden began to say.

“Yes, and let’s hear it at another time.” Admiral Fury broke in, finishing Anden’s sentence for him and then asked, “Which one of you is piloting that heap of junk?”

”Just a bit touchy after a bit of time in a cell, can’t blame him.” Anden thought to himself, “Beliam, Sir.”

“Tighten it up a bit there Beliam, and keep your eyes open for any more fighters.”

“Aye, Aye sir.” Anden said already closing some the distance to tighten up tail end of the diamond.

Boy, what an odd flight this would make. And an odd sight it would be. A Tie-Defender, two regular Tie’s and a beat up Corellian freighter. Fortunately for them, it apparently wasn’t enough to draw the attention of any more fighters.

“All right Phin, looks like we just get to sit tight and keep our eyes open.” Anden said over the ships comm to Phin.

“Oh goody.” The response came back a bit droll fully. He could picture Phin looking back in the general direction of where the rest of the squadron was, the look of longing on his face.

He knew Phin was ready to get some more action and he was sure that they would get the chance to plenty of it before this mission was up. Anden smiled and kept up the formation as they rounded the battle scene to head towards the ship they were escorting the Admiral to.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Petty Officer 1st Class Anden Beliam
FL/PO1 Beliam/Viper 1/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)

Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Initiate

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  127
March 1, 2008 9:09:56 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane was fighting trying to finish the last of the Z-95’s. Him and Ibram and the Commander had all dived into a group of them and Zane was just finishing off the last of them. Ibram had gone off to make sure the Admiral was secure still. There was no doubt he was, but it was better to check anyways. Zane soon noticed that Anden had finally found his way back. Zane had a pretty good feeling that they would make it back, but he knew there was always the chance they didn’t.

“Anden, you made it man!” yelled Zane

“It’s a long story I’ll tell you as soon as we get back man, lets get on with this,” replied Anden.

“Sweet,” said Zane.

Zane was ready to move out. It was finally time to get out into orbit at last. Zane was ready to blast his way through the atmosphere. They had finally taken care of those annoying Z-95’s and were heading out. Zane finished off his last Z-95 then followed Ibram and the Commander as they started to pull through the atmosphere.  Zane pulled along side the commander and soon they were out in orbit at last.

Zane soon picked up two corvettes, but waited for orders before acting. Soon enough he found he had nothing to worry about, for they were on their own side. Zane waited as the Commander and Ibram  pulled up along side the corvettes and spoke.

“This is Viper Lead, it’s good to hear your voice Umbra” Tomas and the others were finishing off the last of the shell-shocked Z-95’s, whilst Ibram Aleia and the Admiral formed up on the Corvettes.

“Immensely. Now, I’ve got new orders for you. Admiral, I’m afraid your ride is on the other side of the Dreadnoughts. The Thantos, Cerberus, and the Nemhain are distracting them for the time being. Dagoram, get what active pilots you can and join me, we’re going to flank them. If they’re smart, they’ll retreat and the Admiral will have a clear run. If not well, do your best to punch through.”

Ibram blushed at that. Cheeky git.

The skipper’s voice came back over the Coms. “Alright people, you heard the man. Everyone form up on me and arm your missiles, let’s see if we can’t make these beasts bleed. Two, Eight, concentrate on getting the Admiral to the Thantos. After that you can rejoin the battle.”

“Yes Sir,” yelled Zane with a smirk.

So they would be going and joining the battle, sweet. This was something Zane himself loved. This is where he got his thrill, the thrill of being a pilot. Knowing that at any moment you could be blown into smithereens, or just blow somebody else up into pieces yourself. You never knew how things played out, you just waited and did your job.

Zane instantly armed his missiles and started calculating battle maneuvers and what not for the moment he got into the battle. Now it was time to make sure that the Admiral made it back to his ride. It was their job to make sure that Ibram and Aleia could do their job and get him their. They would be going into battle, and it would be fun too.

Zane was ready and after firing up his engines, arming his weapons, and strapping himself in, Zane followed right behind the Commander as they slowly made their way to the battle. Zane was ready an anxious to start, it was finally his time for some more action…
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= 
  =*Viper Squadron*= 
Leading Crewman Zane ZyCrusis, Ghost Writer of the VE Today,
Member of the VESA

Naval ID:
FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 11||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=)
Engineering Corps-VE Today ID:
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  23
March 4, 2008 3:39:27 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
One of the last Z-95's was taken down by Lukas's Fighter as he squeezed on the triggers, the green blasts shredding through the shields and through the hull of the ship's nose. The explosion was a welcome sight to his eyes as he watched Viper Squadron fight off and win this part of the battle, even though the odds were not with them at first. Lukas was ready to yell out in victory, but he held his tongue as he realized that this mission wasn't over yet. The Admiral was still in the air, and he needed to get to safety as soon as possible. There was to be no celebrations yet.

As he turned to meet with the rest of the squad, he noticed a ship that didn't look like a TIE Fighter, but it fought with the rest of the fleet. This didn't make sense to Lukas's eyes, but when the comms lit up with Anden's voice on the other end, relief set in. Anden and Phineus had made it out of their situation, and were now back with the rest of them. However, that relief didn't last long as Lukas listened to the Coms once more.

Lukas chuckled a bit as he steered his craft towards the rest of the squad and followed with them towards the two Dreadnaughts that were blocked their way towards the ships that were assisting them in this mission. These big ships needed to go, which was the exact logic that followed as the Coms spoke out again, this time the skipper’s voice came back over the Coms.

“Alright people, you heard the man. Everyone form up on me and arm your missiles, let’s see if we can’t make these beasts bleed. Two, Eight, concentrate on getting the Admiral to the Thantos. After that you can rejoin the battle.”

Lukas nodded to those orders and armed the missiles that came with this Fighter. With Ibram and Aleia still with the Admiral, they broke off and headed towards the Thantos, leaving Lukas and the rest of the squad to fight those Dreadnaughts. Taking in a deep breath and exhaling it slowly, Lukas aimed his sights on the laser cannons and turbolaser turrents that these ships were armed with. If these ships had less of them, then the fleet would have a better chance of winning this. Lukas planned out his strategy, then formed up with Viper Squadron to prepare for the next part of the mission.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Lukas LeNighter

[FM][PO2 Fulfiller][Viper Squadron][Viper 6][mSSD Atrus][VEN][VE][=A=]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:51:00 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 227  |  Bots - 4

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >