Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  215
  RE: Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
January 28, 2008 8:15:07 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane finished his activities for the day, then decided he should at least get a couple hours of sleep. He didn't need to sleep that much, it was something that just was natural for him. Then after a few hours of sleep, Zane awoke and got ready. Soon they would be starting the mission, and Zane was ready.

Zane got the rest of his stuff and went over to his study room. Inside he then went to the section of the room where his hi-tech custom desk sat, along with all his computer equipment and stuff. Zane then turned  over to his book case and pulled down a selected book, just like you saw in those old fashion movies. Then a good section of the wall receded to reveal a hidden safe along with a small computer screen and security gadgets.

Zane scanned his palm and iris, then put in a 9 digit pass code, then simply spoke the word "open." Instantly the safe doors let loose a series of gases, and the doors opened. Inside was a number of other storage compartments of various sizes among other things as well. Zane selected the compartment he wanted and put in another pass code and the compartment opened.

Inside was the clothes of one of his ancestors, a very great man in his time. They were clothes Zane had kept put away for a very long time, the clothes of Ezekiel Black. Ezekiel Black in his time was a man of many things. At one time he was one of the most famous, successful and powerful mercenaries in the universe. Ezekiel then after many years retired with a life's fortune from the job of an assassin.

But that did not keep Ezekiel down for long and soon he dove into several other things. Eventually he became a very rich and powerful man. But like all powerful men, there came a price. Ezekiel was targeted by many, and some of them almost succeeded. It was soon Ezekiel decided to learn the ways of the force, to be more precise, the ways of a deadly Sith. Ezekiel's own father had been a Sith as well.

It was in his blood, and Ezekiel easily excelled in it. He became one of the best in fact. But even with the new powers many more became one of his many pursuers, and eventually after many decades, Ezekiel felt it was time to stage his death, so he might be able to live somewhat in peace.

Thus Ezekiel soon staged his death, making it so realistic that everyone actually believed he had died. He had become nothing more than a shadow to society. But now that he was free, or so he thought, he started a family. He kept with being a Sith, and things with his new family began to take a strain on his life.

Ezekiel stayed married for many more years, and his family grew. He now had a wife, 4 sons and 2 daughters. His boys were the spitting image of their father, and just like him too. But although Ezekiel lived a happy life for a few more decades his happiness was soon ended. One of his pursuers had finally found him, and finally the great Ezekiel was murdered.

A great funeral was held, and his family lived on. Eventually his sons had kids, and their sons all following their grandfather, or great grandfather, and etc. Finally it came to Zane's own father, and yes eventually Zane. Zane was proud to wear the clothes of such a man. They were the clothes of a mercenary. Although Zane hated Assassins, and Mercenaries, times change, and Zane swallowed his pride.

Zane put the clothes in his pack he would take to the freighter, along with his many other things.

--------------- Back at the Freighter -----------------

Zane awoke only getting his usual couple, to few hours of sleep. Today was the day they had all been preparing for, it was time for the mission. In just a few hours they would all be flying out and beginning the next stage of their mission. They were all ready, this time they would succeed in the mission.

Zane changed  into his clothes he had brought, which were also his ancestor's Ezekiel Black. Zane then grabbed all his gear and everything else he would need for the mission. Then he showered, ate and headed to his TIE. He was the first one there. It was still very early anyway and the others would not be coming in for some time.

Zane decided to get everything ready for the launch time. Then he ran some last system checks, tests, updates, etc. Finally little by little everyone started coming in. Zane waited for Rocket to arrive then he watched as Rocket came to the TIE right next to Zane's own.

"So ready Rocket?" questioned Zane.

"Sure sure," yawned Rocketman as he readied his own TIE.

At last the time they had been waiting for was about to begin The mission was officially about to begin
=*Zane ZyCrusis*=

||-| -TR wrote: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. " |-||
||-| -Jack Bauer wrote: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. " |-||

|| =*Viper Squadron*= || " We Fly You Die " ||

||-| FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 12||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=) |-||
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  467
Total Posts:  553
January 29, 2008 10:00:03 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Being a droid, C-3PX2 did not require 'sleep' as much as the rest of the squadron and as such had been assigned to the freighters cockpit to keep tabs on the jump through hyperspace. Tomas was sure his executive officer would go into standby for a while or find some other way to occupy the time, but either way he felt the droid would find the cockpit alot more comfortable than the squadron members made of flesh and bone.

With this under control as well as Ibram and Aleia situation temporarily handled, Tomas entered his quarters and noticed Mira already in bed though he could not tell if she was in fact asleep. A brief visit to the refresher unit and the squadron commander was ready for bed, a yawn sneaking out as he re-entered the room. Slipping under the covers Tomas fell asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. He hadn't slept for what seemed like forever and the mischief aboard the freighter had only helped to wear him out further.

** Four Hours Later **

Tomas awoke from his sleep, though given the time period it could be considered more like a long nap. Mira was nowhere to be seen which surprised him as he'd expected her to wake up two minutes before the squadron meeting at the very earliest.

A relaxing shower later, and Tomas was standing gazing around the room pondering what he should talk about on the bridge in a few minutes. His train of thought was broken however, as someone pounded on the door very loudly. Opening it, Tomas fought hard not to laugh as once again he was face to face with two very unhappy pilots.

Aleia glared at Tomas in way similar to the look she had given him in the briefing the day before, only this one seemed even more dark and sinister. Ibram's look wasn't much different, though he was quite as good at pulling it off as his partner.

"Uh, hey guys. What's up?" Tomas asked as if nothing at all was wrong. It was quite the contrary though, as both pilots' faces were covered in marker. Aleia had been given a mustache and beard as well as several other random doodles about her face. Ibram meanwhile looked like he had been the victim of the old ink on the eyepieces of macrobinoculars prack, but judging from the comical eyebrows and other artwork on the rest of his face, that hardly seemed the case.

"Are you blind?" Aleia growled, "Where's Mira? I know it was her ... I'm going to kill her." With that, the two pilots shoved past Tomas and into the room.

"She's not here I'm afraid," Tomas stated. "Not sure where she went this morning."

"Well next time I see her, she's going to get it."

"Are you sure you guys don't want to just end this Pirate and Ninja union business? I have a feeling that will work out better for everyone." Ibram grumbled something inaudible as the two pilots once again stormed off, leaving Tomas alone at last to laugh out loud. He'd have to deal with this ridiculous behaviour sooner rather than later before anyone else got hurt.

With that, Tomas finished preparing and made his way for the bridge...
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC] [NER] [EoT]
Training Executive Officer (TX)
Academy Trainer (T-2)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  128
January 29, 2008 2:18:23 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
It felt good to finally pull a decent prank against those jokesters, and that put a smile of Lukas's face as he entered his quarters. It meant, for him, that he finally truly belonged in this squadron, and that meant the world to him. As he began to get undressed to get some sleep, he heard the voice of the XO over the comlink as the ship finished its lurching and launching into lightspeed. The mission was almost upon Viper Squadron as well as the other squads that were a part of this mission.

After removing some of his clothing, Lukas looked upward as he took a seat on his bunk, saying a silent prayer to the spirits of his parents, wishing that Viper Squadron would come out of this mission alive. With a nod to the heavens, he sunk his body into the firm mattress and closed his eyes in a restful slumber.

The morning of:

The voices of some arguing people stirred Lukas from his sleep as his eyes fluttered up to the new day that was before him. He rolled out of his bed into a sitting position, his ears listening to what seemed to be Tomas and Aleia in a heated argument. He chuckled a bit as he overheard the conversation between the two, then silenced himself as Aleia stormed away, her footfalls being heared in a stomping fashion. This was going to be an interesting day.

At that, Lukas stood up and began to get ready for the mission ahead.
Senior Crewman Lukas LeNighter
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

[FM][SCR Fulfiller][Viper Squadron][Viper 6][mSSD Atrus][VEN][VE][=A=]
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  85
January 30, 2008 5:51:08 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Thin, delicate fingers wrapped around Lukas' lips, "Shhh, don't move an inch,"  Mira whispered into his ear as she listened for Aleia and Ibram to storm off.  When the noise had finally quieted down she let go of Lukas' mouth and took a step back.  "So you must be Luka, I'm Mira, sorry about breaking into your room, but you, know, being caught by those two would have been bad, and your keypad to your door was insanely easy to pick."

"Um?' Lukas started.

"shhh," Mira said putting her ink stained finger to Lukas' lips and listen as she heard the familiar footsteps of Tomas walk away, probably towards the meeting room.  She let out a chuckled and turned back to Lukas, "It's not always this crazy," she mentioned before digging through the fridge.

"Hey!"

"You have extremely nice hair," Mira said holding some food in one hand and brushing a stray lock of hair out of Lukas' eyes and behind his ear, "I bet it looks pimp in a pony tail."

"What the?" Lukas sputtered before Mira kissed him on the cheek.

"Gotta go, CO's probably looking for me or something," she stated before bounding out of the room, a sandwich she had made in hand, and the ingredients all over the counter.

She took a large bite of her sandwich and hummed to herself.  Mmmm, spicy peppers some of her favorite tastes.  She then wondered if the marker she used on Aleia and Ibram's face was washable, she hadn't checked them before she had started.  She always forgot to.

"There you are, you really crossed the line Mira" Tomas spoke trying to look angry.

"Too much?  I was tempted to dye their hair the same color," she spoke through some sandwich and swallowed, "Why you didn't like it?"
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  87
Total Posts:  119
January 30, 2008 10:24:25 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
"Are you blind?" Aleia growled, "Where's Mira? I know it was her ... I'm going to kill her." With that, the two pilots shoved past Tomas and into the room.

"She's not here I'm afraid," Tomas stated. "Not sure where she went this morning."

ALeia seethed with anger. It was clear that the games were only just going to get farther along during the mission. That much was clear on her face.

"Well next time I see her, she's going to get it."

"Are you sure you guys don't want to just end this Pirate and Ninja union business? I have a feeling that will work out better for everyone." Ibram grumbled something inaudible as the two pilots once again stormed off, leaving Tomas alone at last to laugh out loud.

They made quick work of getting back down to their rooms. Ibram this time made sure everything was clear and prank free. Once  that was over Ibram could still feel the heat rolling off the other pilot.

Note to self..never piss her off... That girl looks like she'd take on a Krayt Dragon now with her bare hands...

He thought to himself after scrubbing off  the wonderfull artwork that was bestowed on them both. Though the thought of Aleia  taking anything hands on made his stomach tighten.  Part  of him wanted to protect her and the other let her do things on her own.

But God.. sharing the bed with her last night was heaven..

Ibram thought again. EVen though they were just sharing body heat it had felt good to be close to another. The realization made him stiffen. Was he starting to have even more of a feeling for the girl?

"Ibram?"

Aleia broke into his thoughts. Her hands were on his upper arm as she tugged him away. Mrore so that the cloth was now off her face.  Her skin was pink from the scrubbing he managed but she gave him a raised eyebrow.

"Yea.. sorry.."

"You lost in thought? Your mouth was hanging open like a hutt.." SHe teased. Ibram closed his mouth.

"Funny..."

"Now.. I don't care what  the captian said.. Mira is going down one way or another...."

Aleia stated. Ibram looked at her for a moment,.

"I show you one prank and I created a monster!"

He laughed and leabed in to hug her. Her own arms wrapped around his waist and she chuckled.

"Indeed you did handsome..."
[This message has been edited by Aleia Dreycon (edited January 30, 2008 10:25:16 AM)]
Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  419
January 30, 2008 11:02:09 AM    View the profile of Sicario 
Phineus trekked through the halls, trying to walk off an odd feeling he had in his stomach. He didn't get much sleep last night, sharing a room with Anden was hard. There beds were on two different sides of the room, But that guy snores like a rancor. He thought to himself.

Phineus was listening to his C3POD, so that drowned out what looked like an angry conversation as two pilots, both of whoms faces covered with doodles, walked by, appearing to travel at faster than light speeds.

He tried to get his head focused on the upcoming mission. It would prove to be a hard one, and Phineus wasn't the biggest fan of knowing that he wouldn't have his TIE to get him out of tough situations, or his trusty droids to lend a helping hand. But he felt safe with his blaster by his side, atleast he had the comfort most Marines took for granted.

Phineus felt a hand slap him on his back, he pulled out the ear plugs and turned to see who it was.

"Hey man, been calling you for the past twenty steps." Anden let out, "Don't tell me you're thinking about that girl again? You are aren't you? Haha, I saw you tape her pictures to the wall."

Anden seemed to get more sarcastic as each word flew out, and he seemed to like to laugh at his own humor.

"Very funny." Phineus offered as a rebuttle, stuffing his C3POD into his black pockets. "You ready for today?"

Anden nodded his head, "Been waiting for this since we got onboard."

"Good." Phineus looked down to the floor as the two began to walk onward.

"Something the matter?" Anden asked.

"It's just this feel-" Phineus began, but was interrupted by the passing of a few other pilots alarming them that they needed to get ready, the mission was to start very soon.

The two split up, Anden left for their room, to go set up his pack, and Phineus went off to get a quick bite prior to going down and setting his feet planetside.
"It was his destiny to join the Empire. He saw death, hatred, evil. How he came out sane, I may never know. If he can control his fear, then Phineus' potential will never be greater."

"Welcome to down town coolsville... Population... us."
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  127
Total Posts:  1563
January 30, 2008 11:57:46 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
"…Ibram?"

Aleia broke into his thoughts. Her hands were on his upper arm as she tugged it away, Her skin pink from all the scrubbing. She gave him a raised eyebrow.

Oops. "Yea.. sorry.." he mumbled.

"You lost in thought? Your mouth was hanging open like a hutt.." She teased. Ibram closed his mouth.

"Funny..." he said.

"Now.. I don't care what  the SC said.. Mira is going down one way or another...."

Aleia stated. Ibram looked at her for a moment,.

"I show you one prank and I created a monster!" he chuckled.

He laughed and leaned in to hug her. Her own arms wrapped around his waist and she chuckled.

"Indeed you did handsome..."

Handsome, I like the sound of that. Beats the “pretty boy” barbs Mira kept throwing at me.

“Well, I think we better put the ultimate revenge on hold for the moment hun. We’ll be approaching the planet soon, and I think the mission should take precedent this time.” He winked.

Aleia smiled and pretended to pout. “pffft..fine then.”

They both got ready in silence, getting into the right frame of mind for the mission ahead. Ibram was having trouble dealing with the emerging feelings he was having for Aleia. He didn’t want to see her die like Marisa did, but at the same time, he completely respected her as a pilot.

We’ll get through this, he thought.

He checked the chorno: they only had 10 minutes before they were due to meet on the bridge. No time for a final check on the fighters.

Gak it.

Ibram turned round to look at Aleia. She was in her pirate gear; a slim fitting body suit with trousers and a jacket over the top. Ibram was wearing his utility jacket that his dad had given him, along with combat pants, and a sleeveless shirt. They looked quite the couple.

“You ready my darling?” He said with mock-poshness.

“Quite.” She responded in turn, and the both laughed.

Taking their flight gear with them, they headed up to the bridge, talking quietly about possible ways to get the ultimate revenge on Mira and the SC……

OOC:
357 words
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Petty Officer 1st Class Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron "Captain's Own"
Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
FL/PO1 Tyrol/Viper 9/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  470
January 31, 2008 5:41:52 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas shook a package of smelling salts before crouching down and holding the package under Ibram's nose. Aleia looked on worriedly, as hard as she tried not to show it. It took a couple moments, but before long Ibram's eyes popped open.

"Huh? What?" he said slowly as he tried to gain his bearings. "Where am I? What happened?"

"What do you remember?" Tomas asked as he helped Ibram up and gave him a drink.

"Well," Ibram started before pausing, "Aleia and I were on our way to the bridge, but she forgot something and sent me on ahead. I thought I saw a shadow which was odd since I figured everyone would be at the briefing by now. I was watching it so carefully I must've hit my head on a pipe." With that Tomas looked up but saw no pipes around where the two hallways intersected.

"Um, Ibram..."

"I had the weirdest dream ... it felt so real," Ibram said as he rubbed his neck before recounting the gruesome tale of assassins and carnivorous Zabraks.

"That's uhh, some dream you had there." Mira said with chuckle. Tomas meanwhile didn't like the look on her face.

"Mira, you had something to do with this didn't you?" Tomas asked sternly.

"No ... maybe ... ok, I was the shadow and may have tossed a comlink at him."

"And you didn't do anything when he went unconcious?"

"I came to the briefing and pointed out he hadn't arrived yet, did I not?" Mira replied simply, defending her case.

"True, but that doesn't excuse this. Enough of this Union nonsense ... all of you." Tomas paused. "C-3's got us on a landing path and we've been told we're likely to encounter turbulence on the way down so I'd suggest you all strap in."

** A Few Minutes Later **

The landing had indeed been rocky to say the least. With one last shutter of the old freighter, they'd landed on the planet without incident. So far so good...
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC] [NER] [EoT]
Academy Trainer (T-2)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  130
January 31, 2008 5:43:38 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
OOC:
Everyone, I'm afraid i feel the need to apologise. "Thorlaxthegreat" and "MarajadeSkywalker" are two people i know in real life, who've found out what i do on this site and have decided to take the piss. Ignore them. Sorry guys.

Quote:Shazam speaking

Don't worry about it Ibram- if I see anything comin from folks outside your squadron- *zap.*  Let them play.

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 31, 2008 9:15:55 PM)]
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  47
February 1, 2008 1:17:18 PM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Mira, you had something to do with this didn't you?" Tomas asked and Mira looked at him with surprised eyes, then they narrowed a little. Since when did she do pranks that knocked someone unconscious? That was completely not her style, resisting the urge to smack Tomas Mira shook her head and replaced her scowl with a fake smile.

"No ... maybe ... ok, I was the shadow and may have tossed a comlink at him," she spoke her voice filled with sarcasm and venom. A comlink didn't even have the weight to knock someone out, let alone everyone knew that she had the worst aim when throwing things then anyone else in the squad.

"And you didn't do anything when he went unconscious?" Tomas asked and Mira actually felt her eye twitch in annoyance. She also couldn't believe that Tomas was pinning this on her. Her fists curled into a fist, 'must resist the urge to kill,' she thought darkly.

"I came to the briefing and pointed out he hadn't arrived yet, did I not?" Mira spoke trying to prove that Tomas' was being ridiculous, if she knocked him out then why would she report that he was missing? She asked because she thought it was funny that him and Aleia were possibly off alone while they were suppose to be in a meeting. Which reminded her one time in the closet, they they had showed up a half hour late.....well she had, actually she showed up late a lot...should probably stop doing that.

"True, but that doesn't excuse this. Enough of this Union nonsense ... all of you," Tomas spoke seriously, making Mira growl a little, this was unacceptable to the highest degree, "C-3's got us on a landing path and we've been told we're likely to encounter turbulence on the way down so I'd suggest you all strap in."

Mira watched Tomas walk away before leaning against the wall and dropping down to sit. She had to wait a moment before following the rest of the squad, for one she was too angry to be blamed for some stupid prank that she didn't do and for one that hurt another squad member. Secondly, it seemed like everyone believed she was guilty and was giving her death glares.

Grinding her teeth a few minutes later she followed the rest of the squad, for once in her life feeling slightly alienated. Taking a deep breath she caught up to Ibram and Aleia, which was difficult for her to do.

"Ibram, listen I didn't..." she was cut off by Aleia.

"You think you're so funny don't you?" Aleia hissed taking Mira by surprise, "You went too far Mira, we're going to make sure that Tomas reprimands you for this, even if you are his favorite!"

'What?'

"You have some balls to try and apologize Mira, you'd actually think I'd accept it so easily and forgive you," Ibram added and the two of them blew by Mira leaving her standing in the hallway alone.

Tears of anger and surprise dotted her eyes, so just like that she was out of everyone's favor, for a crime she hadn't done. Turning towards the wall, she kicked it. Okay that hurt...a lot, Mire still frustrated banged her head against the wall before just standing there seething in her own anger. She was upset by Aleia and Ibram, the squad's reaction, and of course Tomas seemingly not knowing her that well. He had been on receiving end of a lot of her pranks, he should have known the pattern, or at least figured out that she had her own rules. What a jerk!
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  15
February 1, 2008 4:32:12 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
Lukas's eyes lit up as he felt the soft touch of Mira's hand cover his mouth, his ears listening to her as she wanted him to be quiet while Aleia and Ibram had their big argument. He closed his eyes a bit to relax himself while being captive like this, but as the footfalls of the two faded out of view, she let go of him and preceeded to go about not wanted to be caught by those two or she would have hell to pay.

As Mira went to fix herself a sandwich, Lukas was about to ask what did she do to his fellow pilots when she went to shut him up again while Tomas was walking away. Obviously, she did something extremely bad, and the ink upon her fingers proved his point right. He chuckled a bit as Mira was searching for some food to complement her sandwich, which Lukas hasn't fond of anyone taking anything away from him. He was about to confront her about this, but she did the wise thing and complemented his hair, adding a kiss on the cheek in the process.

It was the first time that a woman besides his deceased mother had kissed him.

Mira took her leave from his room with sandwich in hand, leaving Lukas to clean up the mess she had created before him. Another chuckle left his mouth as he grabbed a rag and proceeded to tidy up before preparing to gear up for the mission. This was a rather crazy to start the morning. Aleia and Ibram did deserve this, but he hoped that they all would be together and united for this mission ahead.

Meanwhile:

With gear in tow, Lukas headed towards the hanger as the freighter was slowly making its descent onto the planet. He took a deep breath as he knew that the mission was very close to beginning. His first mission, and he was going to enjoy being a part of it. He turned and headed towards the bridge where everyone else was headed for a briefing on what lied ahead for them. As he entered the room, he took his seat and strapped in just as he heard the beginning of a heated argument between Aleia, Ibram, and Mira. This must have been about the prank that just happened, and Mira was getting roasted by the other two. Lukas saw that Tomas wasn't by her side this time, which meant that Mira must have been too far this time. He knew that he was the new guy in the squad, but he knew that he had to keep his mouth shut on this one. This was a matter that could resolve itself.

Suddenly, a rumbling came over the freighter as it made its landing on the planet's surface. This was it.

C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  395
Total Posts:  619
February 1, 2008 8:27:11 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
As the freighter began its landing approach, C-3PX2 stood on its bridge, overseeing the landing.

“Stop using Regular Patterns, you are going to make it obvious.” C-3Px2 said to the Auto-Navigation Computer.

“Make what Obvious?” the computer Asked.

“That we are not Mercenaries. You fly like someone fresh out of Naval Training.”

“What exactly does that mean?”

“It means, do not fly in a straight line, and do not use Imperial Standards for flight. You need to fly as if you flew for the hell of it, not as if you are hauling fighters and pilots to attack.”

“That would be reckless; this is what I was trained to do.”

“Get us Identified and Killed?”

“I Resent that. If you want to dictate so much, then you do the Landing.”

C-3PX2 walked to the piloting chair, switched off the Auto-Piloting, and took it into manual control.

“You are relived of the Landing.” C-3PX2 said boldly.

“Cold-Hearted Bastard …” the computer muttered.

“I heard that, Rustpile.” C-3PX2 replied.

C-3PX2 reached over and picked up the onboard ship communication device.

“All hands, we are beginning the Landing Approach.” He said, and then he changed the channel to communicate with the Landing Platform.

“Freighter Two-Two-Four-Niner-Echo, requesting Landing approach permission.” He said.

“Now who’s sounding too Imperial Standard?” the computer said.

“One more word out of you and you will find yourself jettisoned with cargo.” C-3PX2 replied.

The radio came back on, “Affirmative, you have clearance. You are in buffer, location three. We will notify you when you are clear to approach.” The message said.

“Copy.” C-3PX2 replied and then shut the channel off. “You think you can sit here in buffer for a bit, without the attitude?” C-3PX2 asked the computer as he got out of the seat and walked off the bridge to go find the CO.

OOC:
Edit: An error was caught in my post, so ... >.> ... <.< ... i just created an AI on board the ship's main computer.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operator - Trainer Level 1 (T-1) |=|=| Author / GW C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited February 2, 2008 8:02:36 PM)]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  471
February 1, 2008 9:56:55 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas unbuckled as the freighter rumbled to a stop. The rest of the squadron was doing likewise, in preparation to disembark. The only pilot missing was Mira. After the confrontation down in the hallway, she had not rejoined the others up in the main seating area. Tomas hoped she had found somewhere to secure herself for the landing.

Getting up, Tomas led the way with the rest of the squadron following at varying speeds. It wasn't long before he ran into Mira as he neared the freighter's exit ramp. She did not look happy as she gave him a menacing glare and growled slightly when he offered a greeting. This threw him off, as he wondered what he had done wrong this time. The redness of her eyes only made the look he gave her more intimidating.

Tomas replied with a confused, and innocent look. He was miffed, and tried his best to come up with something to say in order to close the gap that had apparently been created. He sighed as he came up blank. Mira meanwhile moved past him and picked up a basic utility belt to complete her disguise. She was walking with a bit of a limp that he had nott noticed before, and couldn't help but wonder how that had happened.

“Mira?” Tomas said soothingly as he turned to follow her, rubbing shoulders with one of the other pilots. “Mira, are you okay?” Tomas put a hand on her arm and she attempted to shake it off in response. He wasn't going to let her get away that easy, keeping a firm yet gentle grip. When she used her other hand to pull his hand away he took the opportunity to slide up in front of her. Taking a quick glance around he saw that just about all of the pilots had passed them and with that pulled her in and have her a brief kiss on the forehead wiping a tear that had managed to escape from her eye. Pulling away again Tomas looked deeply into her eyes and took another look around. Off to the side Ibram gave a knowing nod.

Aw, shit. But it was too late, looking back at Mira he was just in time to watch her wrap him up in a tight hug. It was a bit too tight, and it was obvious she was still resenting him for something, but he had managed to appease her for now.

“Hun, what's wrong?” he whispered into her ear as he gasped for breath again.
Academy Trainer (T-2)

Clearly Canadian!
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  362
February 2, 2008 3:02:20 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Anden had watched through partially closed eyes as Phineus had tiredly rose from bed and then roll his eyes and stretch his neck as he turn his head the side, massaging his neck with his right hand. Throughout the night Phineus had awoken himself from his own snoring- and for most of the four hours had kept Anden up as well. Each time he heard Phin’s snores cut short he would continue in the same noise level and dull grinding sound. At some point he would probably tell his friend the truth of his sleepless night, but thought it better to save it for a later moment rather than a moment too soon.

He smiled as he watched Phineus leave there room. Yawning after the door had shut and very soon regretted not forcing himself to get at least some sleep as the stiffness in his body nearly put him in a partial body bind as he attempted to get out of bed. He did some intensive stretching, breathing deeply and letting his muscles get warmed up and loose. One thing about the space flight trips is that they usually didn’t have time to get regular exercises in. He would need to make sure that he got plenty when he got back. Just as long as it didn’t involve disgruntled Marines again.

He pulled on the top of his Military flight suit that he would be wearing on the mission. After strapping on his belt he picked up his blasters and spun them a few times, remembering that feeling he had had when Phin had thrown the can up in the air. So similar to the feeling that kept coming to him in moments he least expected it, but always when he needed it.

He wondered for a few moments as he stared down at his pistols if he could learn how to have that feeling more often. Or even, all the time. He gave a half unbelieving chuckle at how more and more silly his thoughts were becoming as he slid his guns in their holsters. He slipped his comlink and image caster  into their utility pouches he had added to his belt then grabbed his small equipment pack, slipping his arms through the straps with the pack forming neatly to the back of his flight suit

Anden walked out the door, just as Ibram and Aleia were walking by, “Hey…” he began to say. Until the look on Aleia’s face made the rest of his greeting catch in his throat. All over both of their faces was a good amount of art work.

Ibram caught his look and gave him a “don’t ask” shake of his head. He watched as the two walked down the hall way to were their room was. He wasn’t genius, but he had a pretty good feeling he knew who it was who had done the drawing.

Noticing Phineus walking in the opposite direction, he called out, “He Phin!!” he began walking towards him in a little brisker and called again, “Oui! Phineus!!” He yelled again at his wingmate. He finally caught up to him and gave him a heart slap on the back.

Phineus looked like he was concentrating hard and Anden figured that it was just some pre mission jitters. He knew how comfortable Phineus was in his TIE, perhaps this mission was just a little more daunting do to the fact that they were going to be one the ground. Phin pulled some ear plugs out of his ear turned to look at Anden.

"Hey man, been calling you for the past twenty steps." Anden let out, "Don't tell me you're thinking about that girl again? You are aren't you? Haha, I saw you tape her pictures to the wall." He said in an obvious joking manner. They had had a pretty serious conversation and he knew that Phin was really serious about the relationship he was just getting into.

His expression softened when he saw Phin’s reaction.

"Very funny." Phineus offered as a rebuttle, stuffing his C3POD into his black pockets. "You ready for today?"

Anden nodded, watching his wingmate more closely. Something was off, "Been waiting for this since we got onboard." Anden said walking along with Phineus.

"Good." Phineus said looking down.

Yeah, that was too simple of an answer. Anden thought to himself. Phineus wasn’t usually given to one word retorts. And it seemed it was going to take a bit more digging to get to the bottom of what was bothering his wing man.

"Something the matter Phin?" Anden asked quietly and sincerely. His wingman just didn’t seem to be himself. He wondered if he was just getting impatient for the mission to actually get going.

He had to admit that being on the oversized bulk freighter seemed to take away from the feeling that they were actually doing something as important as they were. But…he was sure it was something else that was bothering his friend

"It's just this feel-" Phineus began to explain but Anden didn’t get the rest of what Phineus had to say as they were interrupted by the passing of a few other of the pilots alarming them that they needed to get ready, the mission was to start very soon.

However by the time the way was clear again, Phineus had already headed of to get a quick bite to eat. With is pack already ready and having all the equipment he had brought with him he decided he would just have to ask Phineus once they had landed.

Once he got to bridge he sat in one of the chairs and strapped himself in. With how big this freighter was, he didn’t want to be unsecured when they were breaking through into the atmosphere. Sure enough the jostling began soon after Phineus had arrived and had strapped himself into the chair next to Anden.

The turbulence where a result of the both the size of the ship and flight path of the pilot, was happened to be C-3 after having relieved the one flying. Anden couldn’t tell if it was Lukas or Rocketman. Soon enough they had permission to land and the rough ride was over much sooner than it began as C-3 set the ship down with minimal shock effect considering the rate of decent they had been going at. As he unbuckled he had to admit, that kind of landing wouldn’t be easy. However, he quickly dismissed the thought of the landing as he watched Phin unbuckle and get ready to leave with the squadron.

As they left the bride and headed for the exit ramp Anden, walking beside Phin, leaned in closer to ask, “Hey Phin,…what are you thinking?”

Phin didn’t look at him for a second as they were now heading down the ramp, but said “It was nothing mate.” He said, making a sad but valiant attempt to cover up whatever it was with a smile.

“It didn’t sound like nothing.” He said, shifting the straps on his pack a little, “Something feel out of place to you?” he asked as the view of the busy city strong with smuggling activity broke into view on the open docking bay outside the huge bulk of metal they had just flew in on.

The pilots congregated outside and waited for Tomas. It was a somewhat odd feeling standing around in nothing similar to how VE pilots usually gathered. Anden only hoped they would be able to coordinate well enough with the other teams on the mission and be able to get the XO and themselves safely back to VE space.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Senior Crewman Anden Beliam
FM/SCRW Beliam/Viper 4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Fleet/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)

Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  48
February 3, 2008 5:52:49 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Bullshit, how come its alright for him to try to get back on my good side, pretending that he doesn't understand why she's mad.  Mira's teeth clenched together wrapping her arms tightly around Tomas' waist and taking a steady stance before slipping her leg behind his and toppling him over that leg and sending him tumbling down the exit ramp.

"Fuck you," Mira shouted darkly, running down the ramp after Tomas and standing over his curled up body, "Aren't you always playing innocent, what makes you can always use the, 'I don't understand you emotions, I'm a guy excuse,' she practically screamed her fists were curled she was so tempted to hit him, "Well guess what I might be a girl and I don't understand everything about you, but I can put you in my shoes and realize why you're upset.  Its what people do when they care about one another, and you're too retarded or self centered to do that!"  Mira then turned to the rest of the squad who were staring at them, "Oh fuck off, if you guys didn't realize we were seeing one another then you're a bunch of idiots," she seethed.  "Doesn't matter now, I'm ending the circus Tomas, it was fun while it lasted but I'm sick of it," she hissed to him before turning away from him and walking over to C-3.

"According to high command we're suppose to pretend to be married as well, due to we don't you discovered as you know, being non organic," she said with a shrug before adjusting her duffel bag, "What do you want?" Mira then growled as Tomas walked over to the two of them.
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  473
February 4, 2008 8:25:43 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
"Mira, I'm sorry..." Tomas began, as he approached the assigned couple.

"There you go again, blindly apologizing again. You don't even know what you're doing it for. You just want some fast and easy way into my good books, and I'm sorry, Sir but it ain't happening." Mira said 'sir' with such sarcasm and malice that it made Tomas' heart temporily drop. Tomas had been trying to think of what Mira could possibly be so steamed about, but thus far had come up with nothing. He had very recently determined when the wrongs he had comitted must have happened, and rather than have Mira pissed oce again, he decided to work through his thught process out loud.

"Well...we had basically straightened out everything going on prior to the briefing ... then there was the squadron-wide confrontation in the hall when we found Ibram and now this. So unless you found something...embarrasing of mine while on your own..." Tomas paused wracking his brain for the cause of Mira's anger. "So ... it must have been something about that..."

Mira rolled her eyes as Tomas paused again, making Tomas uncomfortable in the process. Tomas was trying really hard to think of what was causing all this, but struggled as Mira seemed distant regardless. It didn't help that she continued to cuddle up nice and close to C-3PX2 and was only giving Tomas half of her attention, if that.

"Mira ... oh god," Tomas said with a strange relevation, "Mira, please tell me you were the one who knocked out Ibram."

"Pfft, finally! Of course I wasn't you numbskull. It's about time you realized that."

"Then why did you lie and pretend you did?!? If you had just said no I would've dropped it and sought another explanation. Mira I'm so sorry..."

Mira merely mumbled something and turned away, pulling C-3PX2 with her. Tomas couldn't tell if this entire event had had any effect on Mira, but instead just had to hope that space would calm her down eventually. Collecting himself, he addressed the squadron:

"Alright," Tomas began keeping his voice low, "let's split up into groups, see what kind of intel we can dig up on the objective's location." Having said this, Tomas came to a realization ... three squadron members were none to pleased with him at the moment and he was in danger of facing the streets alone. In the end he decided he hadn't spent enough time bonding with the rest of his flight and as a result approached Anden and Sicario, "Mind if I tag along?"
Academy Trainer (T-2)

Clearly Canadian!
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  137
February 5, 2008 5:42:04 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Votek, Spaceport - Prior to Task Force Alpha’s Arrival

"Alright," Tomas began keeping his voice low, "let's split up into groups, see what kind of intel we can dig up on the objective's location."

The mission was a go. Ibram knew they couldn’t have much time before the rest of the Task Force arrived for their parts of the mission. As his uncle used to say to his new recruits back on Yaga Minor; “Fun and games are over Ladies.”

Aleia came up behind him. “You ready?” She asked.

“As ready as I’ll ever be. Where we headed?” Ibram pulled out his datapad.

“Naval Intelligence seems to think the NXO is being held in this district here, it’s about 15 minutes away. Our job will be to find out as much info as possible and relay it to the other teams. Between the whole squadron, I’m sure we’ll find them.”

The skipper had been talking to Phineus and Anden, he walked back to the group.

“Ok everyone, lets get going. Ibram, Aleia, as you know you’ve got the Warehouses. Me, Phin and Anden will be taking the Market District. Mira, and C-3, you will head over to what passes for an administration building here. Lukas, Rocket and Zane…I don’t want to leave you guys out of the loop, but we need some people to guard the Minotaur. Should anyone discover the TIE’s on board, we’re screwed – take turns at watching the area, but at the same time, make sure those TIE’s are ready for launch, especially the NXO’s Defender. I think there’s some maintenance Droids in storage to help you guys. Any questions?”

Anden raised his hand. “Sir, what do we do once we locate the Admiral?”

“Well, we can’t do anything until Task Force Alpha jump in and starts causing havoc, but once they’re in system, we bust the admiral as soon as we find him. We all need to work together in this one, so when one team finds the location, you transmit it to the nearest team. Once confirmation has been received that the Admiral is out, we all break for the freighter, and orbit.”

He turned back to Zane, Rocket and Lukas. “Rocket, you’re in charge of your team, designation Bungalow. Put someone into the communications suit on the freighter, it’s been modified to hack into communication signals, and look out for key words. Ibram, Aleia, You’re team Union.” Everyone smiled at that, and Mira snorted in the background, “Mira, C-3, Ninja team, and me Phin and Anden will be team Biro.”

He gave everyone one last encouraging smile. “We may not have trained explicitly for this, but we can do it. Let’s show these pirates that we don’t have to fly for them to die. Move out.”

Ibram, Aleia and the rest of Viper squadron descended the ramp, and set off to their targets. The pirates watching the dockyards took no notice. It wasn’t their job to spy on people, only to keep the peace. A rather noble ideal for a world immersed in sin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votek, Task Force Alpha arrival imminent.

“Any luck?”
“Not much, I have a feeling the Admiral is here somewhere though. These guys are being too cryptic.”
“Cryptic? They haven’t said more then too words to you.”
“Exactly.”
“Exactly? There pirates!”
“Cryptic Pirates.”
“Frak, one of them is coming this way.”
“What should we do? Want me to take him out?”
“We can’t, it would attract too much attention.”
“Well? I’m open to Ideas.”
“…Kiss me.”
“What!?”
“Kiss me!”
“Are you sure this is the appropriate time to…mmmmmuhhh!”

Ibram tried to relax as Aleia grabbed his face and pressed it against hers. It wasn’t that he disliked being kissed by her, far from it. Ibram had wanted to kiss her ever since he’d met her. It’s just that this was so sudden…

One of the pirates skulked by, giving Aleia a lustful glance, whilst glaring at Ibram’s good fortune. By this time, Ibram had put his hands on Aleia’s waist, to make it look like they were actually kissing. The skulker’s footsteps died away…but Aleia didn’t break the kiss. Neither did Ibram.

Oh man. He thought.

His arms pulled her in a bit tighter. Still, she didn’t break off.

Wow. He thought.

He opened his eyes to find Aleia staring right back at him. Ibram’s mind failed him.

“Hey you two, get a Kekking room.” One of the Pirate guards shouted at them. Aleia pulled away.  There was an uncomfortable pause.

“So…” Ibram began.

Just then, alarm klaxons and early warning sirens started blaring throughout the complex. The two guard’s guarding the warehouse looked up at the sky, whilst a third spoke into his comlink.

“The cavalry has arrived.” Aleia grinned and drew her blaster. “I want to take a look at this warehouse.”

“We don’t know the Admiral is in there.” Ibram said, but drew his own blaster anyway, along with his bayonet.

“Well we won’t know if we don’t look.”  She stepped out from the shadows and shot the closest guard in the face. He flew back against the door and slumped on the ground. Before the other two could react, Ibram threw his Bayonet into the neck of the second guard, and raised his pistol and fired off a flurry of shots at the third pirate. The third guy had had the longest time to react however, and so managed to activate his personal shield. Ibram’s shots were absorbed harmlessly.

“Gak it.” He said as he dived back into cover. Aleia charged and did a combat roll as the pirate raised his weapon and fired. It would be last time he got to miss.

Aleia kicked and knocked the guy’s weapon out of his hand, before back fisting him in the side of the head. He slammed against the wall and also crumpled to the floor.

Aleia looked over at Ibram. “It’s ok Ibram, the big bad man has been put to sleep.” She grinned.

“Ha Ha. Just get to work on the door.” Ibram said as he retrieved his bayonet. She stuck her tongue out at him, and pulled out her datapad.

Off in the distance, Ibram could see the spaceport awash with activity. It was night time here in the main city. Ibram could see aerial raid floodlights strafing the skies, and a whole stream of fighter’s freighters, and a few light capital ships we’re taking off and heading upward. He wondered if the whole operation hadn’t bitten off more then they could chew.

Aleia was still working on the door. It wasn’t exactly second nature to her. They all had had to take crash courses in espionage tactics to prepare for this mission.

Finally, the door panel gave an affirmative beep, and the door slid open.

“Vua-la!” she said. “Just call me the magical door opening fairy.”

Ibram grinned. He was about to make a reply when his own datapad beeped. Taking it out quickly, he could see that he had received a message from one of the other teams:

================================================
Sounds like TFA and Naz are tearing the place up out there. C-3 has confirmed they are already boarding the frigate. NXO located. Warehouse sector. Block B – Storehouse F7. That’s you pretty boy. Try not to get the poor man killed.

Ninja Queen.

================================================

Ibram did a quick check. He turned to Aliea.

“That was Mira and C-3, they’ve located the NXO, he’s here like you said. Block B, unit F7.”

Aleia gave a triumphant smile, before frowning and looking above the door.

“F7? This is C6.” She said.

“I know, this is also A-block. B-block is another ten minutes that way. Come on, we’ve got a lot of work to do, and they’re already going to be jumpy.”

Aleia huffed. “Do you know how long it took me to open that Fraking door?”

“Ill make it up to you.” He said with a grin. Together they ran off towards the warehouse where the admiral was held, but not before Ibram asked, “Are you going to close that?”

She nearly hit him.

OOC:

1,340 something words - Talked with the CO about this post. Hope everyone likes their assignments. Sorry for sticking Lukas, Rocket and Zane as the freighter, but someones gotta do it. I wrote it so that you still had plenty to do. C-3 and Mira, don't forget that you guys are the ones who discover where the NXO is, so at some point you're going to have to write about that. Anden, Phin, skipper...I'm sure you'll find something to do lol

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  16
February 5, 2008 5:55:12 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
As the rest of the squadron headed out of the freighter, Lukas looked out to observe the planet's surroundings, which wasn't too bad looking for a planet like this. He began his walk down the ramp and to the planet's surface, ready to join the rest of the squad in beginning this crucial mission.

After all of the bickering that has gone on inside the freighter, it felt good to finally focus on the rescue of the XO. Everyone needed some space from each other in some form of manner, just to get everyone in an even keel and focused. After hearing Tomas's latest commands, Lukas turned around to see which group to head off with. He had bonded with so many within his squad, but who to chose? Well, that was already chosen as he heard Ibram's directions to those who are to head out and to those who were to stay behind and monitor things from the freighter.

Unfortunately, Lukas was one of the ones that stayed behind. He nodded to the commands of his officer and headed back inside the freighter, awaiting for some orders to come around so he and the rest of the group could help the others in this mission. Sure, he was disappointed that he wasn't going out in the field, but this was just as important. If there was anything that was to help his friends, then it will be done.

[This message has been edited by Fulfiller (edited February 5, 2008 6:03:34 PM)]
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  62
February 5, 2008 7:02:03 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
“Well, we can’t do anything until Task Force Alpha jump in and starts causing havoc, but once they’re in system, we bust the admiral as soon as we find him. We all need to work together in this one, so when one team finds the location, you transmit it to the nearest team. Once confirmation has been received that the Admiral is out, we all break for the freighter, and orbit.”

He turned back to Zane, Rocket and Lukas. “Rocket, you’re in charge of your team, designation Bungalow. Put someone into the communications suit on the freighter, it’s been modified to hack into communication signals, and look out for key words. Ibram, Aleia, You’re team Union.” Everyone smiled at that, and Mira snorted in the background, “Mira, C-3, Ninja team, and me Phin and Anden will be team Biro.”

He gave everyone one last encouraging smile. “We may not have trained explicitly for this, but we can do it. Let’s show these pirates that we don’t have to fly for them to die. Move out.”

"I'll take the communications suit Rocket," said Zane

"Alright, stay in touch with us though," said Rocket handing them each a short range comlink.

"Will do Rocket," said Zane

"Lukas," said Zane nodding his head.

With that Zane headed to the Communications Suit in the Freighter. It took only minutes to get there, he had a map on his data-pad so he could get everywhere quickly. Once he got there Zane took his seat, and put on his head gear. Everything seemed to be fairly Standard Zane checked everything, then when finding nothing wrong booted everything up.

Surprisingly everything booted up instantly, and all the programs and software were state of the art. They had disguised everything to look a little older and slightly less hi-tech. But everything was state of the art.

"Sweet, this should be fairly easy," muttered Zane.

Once everything was booted up and ready, Zane began his job.

"Alright testing,"Rocket, Lukas you guys hear me alright?

"......Yes Zane loud and annoyingly clear......," replied Rocket.

"...........Yes Zane all clear here too......," replied Lukas.

"Scanning shows nothing so far, everything clear. I have the others on on lock for now at least," reported Zane.

For what seemed like forever they waited, waited and waited even more. The it was endless. Then finally Zane's scanners picked up something. A patrol. Immediately Zane warned the Rocket and Lukas, just in case the patrol unit got to close. Zane waited and watched the units every move willing it to move on past them somehow. It was too early in the operation.

Then after a few minutes, the Patrol unit was only less than a few kilometers away. Zane was sweating hoping that it was some how just veer off. Finally it did. They had gotten lucky, but they were clear.

"All right guys false alarm," reported Zane

"Roger that Zane," replied Rocket

"Roger," replied Lukas

Well, it seems that indeed surprises were in store for all of them. This time they were lucky though, but all that mattered was that the mission was still a go. Zane kept the scanners at full power and full range so that they would be prepared for anything that was thrown at them.

Suddenly a small warning went off on one of the signal scanning screens.

=========== Warning! ============
< unidentified monitoring signal picked up >
==============================

Zane immediately started tracing the source of the signal. Somebody was also scanning the area, and it was coming from just outside the base. The others were clear, but the Freighter could be picked up on the mystery persons scanners. That could lead to a disaster. Zane made sure his own signals and such were all properly encrypted and condensed them into small bursts so they were less likely to be picked up.

"Rocket, I have just picked up our first signal. It is a monitering/scanning signal being sent out, I am tracing it, and then I will send a full report to your data-pad," reported Zane.

"Roger Zane, do what you need to do," replied Rocket.

Next Zane hacked into the signals source, making sure that whoever it was sending the signals would not know that he was hacking into their systems. The signals sender  was a small control tower that had just been activated only seconds ago. This could either really help the mission or send it crashing down into smithereens.

"Alright Rocket, the signal came from a small control tower just outside the base. I am going to try to hack into the tower, and I am now sending a copy of the signals data to your data-pad," reported Zane.

"Thanks, roger that Zane," replied Rocket.

== Signal Data Report ==
< Signal type: Monitoring/ Scanning >
< Signal strength: Strong >
< Wave Class: Alpha Class Wave >
< Area Range: Encrypted-System Decoding >
< Warning: Signal strength strong, caution advised. >

After sending the data, carefully Zane worked his was into the towers main control systems and tried to reroute the signals that told the tower to scan things, making them route into the communication suite's  computers. If this was successful, Zane would all but literally control the tower from the inside, but he would be able to control it. If not, well then nothing would really happen. But Zane was soon amazed when it worked.

Zane then started feeding in false readings for the towers receivers so that the freighter or rather anything could not be picked up. Now  they had access to the entire section of the base that the operation would take place in. The tower's controller would think he or she, or for that matter it, was simply scanning and doing his job. Meanwhile Zane had control of the tower.

So using the tower and monitoring the freighters own scanners and communications scanners Zane scanned the inside section of the base where for the others. The tower quickly picked them up. Zane now could see the others and the areas around them.

"This is pretty awesome," muttered Zane.

Zane kept monitoring the others, the freighters surroundings, and any communication signals passing through the Freighter's receivers. For now everything was clear, the mission was still a go.
=*Zane ZyCrusis*= =*Viper Squadron*= 
||-| -TR wrote: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. " |-||
||-| -Jack Bauer wrote: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. " |-||
Naval ID:
FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 12||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=)
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||IS Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  63
Total Posts:  362
February 5, 2008 11:12:11 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Anden didn’t get to hear the reason why Phineus had looked unsure about the mission. This time the interruption came from a loud and very angry voice coming from just inside the Bulk Freighter, followed shortly by Tomas coming tumbling down the ramp way.

“Holy Frak….” Anden thought to himself as Mira came storming down the ramp after him. Anden had known that the two had been a couple and he had hoped a moment like this would not happen, especially on such a crucial mission. He was more than happy to let Tomas and Mira be together- but this…this could blow the whole operation.

He glanced at Phineus for a moment raising an eyebrow, then went and helped Tomas up as Mira walked over to C-3. Tomas barely recognized him helping due to his attention being so attached to Mira- the girl he loved. Anden didn’t believe what he was hearing.

High command saying that C-3 and Mira were to be a married couple?” Anden thought to himself, “You’ve got to be kidding…”

He had to admit that C-3 was just about the most intelligent, most sophisticated droid he had ever heard of, but this was going a little too far. He slowly took steps back to join again with Phineus who was even more awestruck by this odd turn of events on the mission that he was standing there mouth-wide-open like a gooberfish. Without taking his eyes off the scene before them Anden gently raised a hand to push up on Phin’s chin with two fingers to close his mouth.

"Mira, I'm sorry..." Anden could faintly hear Tomas struggle to say, as he approached Mira who was now attached to C-3’s arm.

She wasn’t about to have any of that from Tomas. What transpired next Anden couldn’t fully make out as Tomas seemed to almost be talking to himself. Anden guessed he was trying to work out why exactly Mira was so upset. Finally Mira walked off with a sort of finality and Tomas looked momentarily uncomfortable before addressing the rest of the squadron.

"Alright," his voice still low, "let's split up into groups, see what kind of intel we can dig up on the objective's location."

As the rest of the squadron dispersed in separate groups Tomas came over to Anden and Phineus, "Mind if I tag along?" He asked with a confident smile.

Anden gave a quick glanced and they both nodded together. It was Phin who answered, “Sure thing.” He said then shaking a finger at him, “Don’t be getting into any trouble though….” He said in a semi sarcastic tone.

He couldn’t help letting a laugh escape and he knew it wouldn’t be every mission where they would have been able to get away with that. After all, they were supposed to be posing as smugglers for as long as they could.

Tomas walked back a little bit to address the whole of the Squadron.

“Ok everyone, lets get going. Ibram, Aleia, as you know you’ve got the Warehouses. Me, Phin and Anden will be taking the Market District. Mira, and C-3, you will head over to what passes for an administration building here. Lukas, Rocket and Zane…I don’t want to leave you guys out of the loop, but we need some people to guard the Minotaur. Should anyone discover the TIE’s on board, we’re screwed – take turns at watching the area, but at the same time, make sure those TIE’s are ready for launch, especially the NXO’s Defender. I think there’s some maintenance Droids in storage to help you guys. Any questions?”

Anden raised his hand. “Sir, what do we do once we locate the Admiral?” he asked. He figured that they would need to wait until Task Force Alpha had entered the system and began their operations.

Tomas assigned Rocketman, Zane and Lukas to stay with the freighter to make sure that it stayed clear of inspections to help them keep their cover for as long as possible. After naming off the teams he looked around giving everyone one last encouraging smile.

“We may not have trained explicitly for this, but we can do it. Let’s show these pirates that we don’t have to fly for them to die. Move out.”

They all went there ways, heading out to go locate the NXO. The three of them, Tomas, Phineus and himself made their way to the Market Center. It was a lot bigger than Anden had anticipated it to be. He was sure there might be someone they could find that might know something. A captured high ranking officer was sure to get the notice of some low life in this city of smugglers.

Anden checked out some of the mechanic and ship equipment vendors when they passed by, pretending to look seriously but really just listening around to what others were saying. Phin and Tomas were just a little ways away.

“I’m telling you…the thing has a shipment capacity beyond anything I have ever had.” A very short and very excited pock faced guy was telling another man just a few feet away from Anden. “You have got to come check it out, at least take a look at it. Come on…I promise..THIS is the ship we are looking for.” The shorter man said as he pulled out a small very andoutdated data pad.

The other man did not seem as easily persuaded as the smaller man with a face that looked like a miniature meteor shower had targeted his red face. The other man was huge, to put it bluntly. Border lined massive guy standing well over six feet where an over sized pair of well worn mechanic attire. It was probably the only thing the guy could find to wear that would actually fit his over sized body.

“Ah…here it is…docking bay 65. The owner said that he would only keep it up for us for a little while longer.” He said even more excitedly.

He couldn’t help but wonder if the ship was as good as it was being played up to be, and apparently the human bulldozer was thinking the same thing but gave in and walked off after the shorter man.

Anden walked back over to Tomas and Phin, as he walked up to them he saw a man walking away from the two of them “I found nothing that would help us get what we need.” He said to them, “So I hope that guy had something useful to tell you.”

“Heh…that’s because you were too busy googly-eyeing the heep of mechanic junk over there…” Phin said, throwing a light punch at him. “…And yes he did have something.”

“That’s right” Tomas said turning to walk in the opposite direction that the man they had just spoken with left, “Let’s go and see if the information is any good.” He said smiling.

“What are the chances that it’s not” Anden asked as Phin and he followed after Tomas, navigating through the crowds.

Tomas paused for a moment as they came up beside him and looked as he was getting his bearings, softly he leaned towards them and asked in reply to Anden’s question, “how are you with those pistols Anden?”

Phin smirked and thought for a moment of the credits he had won earlier from Anden, “Good enough.”

Tomas nodded and accepted that, “Good.”

It was enough for Anden. If Tomas thought that he would need to use his guns then he obviously was sure that they were heading in for a possible trap. They followed the instructions that the man had given to Tomas and Phin.

Tomas pulled the two of them aside before they got to the restaurant they had been directed to, “Now, when we get there Anden I want you to ask the guy at the door ‘You play sabbacc here’?,  when he leads us in you take him out and anyone else you can-“ he said specifically to Anden, “.. and we will do the rest.” He said with a nod to Phin.

Phin gave a confident nod and a sly smile and Anden hoped Tomas new what they were getting into.

“Just make sure they guy who is wearing the old republic uniform doesn’t have any one to back him up…and it would hurt if he was hurtin’ too...” Tomas finished after giving them a few more instructions on what to do after they got in.

With that they rounded the corner that took them into the edge of the market center, and walked nonchalantly up to the Restaurant. It was not anything what Anden had been expecting. It was little more than large house made into a place to eat.

Anden, in front walked up to a man leaning against the wall, looking very much like a low key security guard, “You play sabbacc here?” he asked.

The guy took a steady glance at both Phin and Tomas behind Anden, then nodded to him and led them inside. Once they walked inside the door shut behind them with a man standing on each side of the door. At a table in he back of the smoke filled main room was the man in uniform with three men surrounding him. Directly to the group of three’s left and right were another two men.

Anden counted his steps 8…9…10, and at ten he pulled out both his pistols at the same time and launched forward, smacking the guard who had brought them in on the head with muzzle of the blaster in his right hand.

As the man crumpled to the ground and could see the three men at the table with the head man pull out their own weapons. He didn’t catch what they were armed with as he tucked into a somersault and came up somewhat awkwardly with his pistols blazing, taking out two of the men at the table. The commotion of a brawl breaking out behind him could be heard and then came a medium explosion off to his right. The shockwave from the last knocked Anden over causing the last man to miss him as he fired before being knocked over himself.

Recovering faster than the other Anden put a solid three shots in the man then searched quickly for the man in the republic uniform. He jumped out from behind the table and fired two shots one hitting Anden in the left shoulder as he raised his right arm, gritting his teeth from the shot he took in the shoulder. He took careful aim and fired three shots and all hit their targets, one in both the right and left shoulder and the other at his right side.

The man screamed as he went down spinning from the force of the last shot to his hip and melted to the floor. As his screams died silence filled the room. Anden looked to see Phin standing over a man in a crouched position looking like a predator ready to attack, sliding a sword back into it’s scabbard. Tomas was holstering his own blaster pistol and disarming frag grenade as he put it back into his equipment pack. At least he knew where the blast came from.

Tomas walked over to the man and kicked his blaster pistol away from him and even though Anden was he was in no condition to use it he knew it was a smart precaution.

“I figure you know why we are here.” Tomas said as he kneeled down beside the gray haired man, “…so start talking.” Tomas said in a seriously dangerous tone.

The man only smiled then said, “Blow to hell…you imp pig.” He said then started coughing. Tomas grabbed the man by the hair and back handed him across the face.

“Tell us….or I will really give you another reason to cough.” Tomas threatened.

Anden and Phin had taken up positions at the door and to the side of the windows to make sure they didn’t get any unexpected company. Anden wasn’t sure if any reinforcements of the smuggler lord would be coming, but he would rather not be caught off guard. He took a moment to check the blaster shot wound. It would be minimal due to the military flight suite he was wearing. But it would still be a pain, especially flying back out to the Atrus. He did a quick patch up of the wound in then went back to watching out for the reinforcements.

Tomas was busy trying to get information of the whereabouts of the NXO, and then Phin’s datapad beeped an incoming message.

“Tomas…you might want to take a look at this.” Phin said with urgency in his voice.
The message read:

===============================================

[i] TFA and Naz are tearing the place up out there. C-3 has confirmed they are already boarding the frigate. NXO located. Warehouse sector. Block B – Storehouse F7, Team Union enroute for the pick up. Calling for all return home.

Queen Ninja

Tomas read the message and then wasted no time in going back to the man, “Thanks for nothing,” he said shortly before crashing the end of his pistols grip against the mans cranium, then walked back to Anden and Phin and to the door.

Anden spun one of the pistols in his hand and have Phin a smile and a nod, “This is where the fun begins.”

“All right,…lets move.” Tomas said leading the way back into the streets.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Senior Crewman Anden Beliam
FM/SCRW Beliam/Viper 4/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 5, 2008 11:20:37 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 5, 2008 11:23:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited February 7, 2008 11:00:03 PM)]
Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

Post Number:  48
Total Posts:  419
February 6, 2008 3:21:25 PM    View the profile of Sicario 
Phineus easily shook his discomfort as he, Anden, and Tomas began strolling through the thick foot lanes. Phineus was suprised Tomas chose to run with him and Anden. It made him feel important, like for once he mattered. He was relevant.

Well Phin, time to make a good impression on the boss.

The streets were filled to the brim with odd characters. Most of these characters bore scruffy beards, scruffy hair, dirt covering some part of their body. Some were big, some were small. One even had tattoos covering his whole body. They were all somewhat different, but the two things they all had in common were; They all looked suspicious, and Phineus would rather not be around them.

Anden had been ease dropping while checking out some mech parts, and began to stroll over to Tomas and Phin. As he walked up to them he saw a man walking away from the two of them.

“I found nothing that would help us get what we need.” Anden said to them, “So I hope that guy had something useful to tell you.”

“Heh…that’s because you were too busy googly-eyeing the heep of mechanic junk over there…” Phin said, throwing a light punch at him. “…And yes he did have something.”

“That’s right” Tomas said turning to walk in the opposite direction that the man they had just spoken with left, “Let’s go and see if the information is any good.” He said smiling.

“What are the chances that it’s not” Anden asked as Phin and he followed after Tomas, navigating through the crowds.

Tomas paused for a moment as they came up beside him and looked as he was getting his bearings, softly he leaned towards them and asked in reply to Anden’s question,

“How are you with those pistols Anden?”

Phin smirked and thought for a moment of the credits he had won earlier from Anden, “Good enough.”

Tomas nodded and accepted that, “Good.”

Phineus thought back to the large amount of credits he won from Anden not too long ago, and began to wonder just what Tomas had in mind.

Tomas pulled the two of them aside before they got to the restaurant they had been directed to,

“Now, when we get there Anden I want you to ask the guy at the door ‘You play sabbacc here’?,  when he leads us in you take him out and anyone else you can-“ he said specifically to Anden, “.. and we will do the rest.” He said with a nod to Phin.

Phin gave a confident nod and a sly smile and Anden hoped Tomas new what they were getting into. As Anden checked to make sure his blasters were charged and ready, and Tomas tugged Phineus' arm.

"Phineus, don't think too much, just do," Tomas gave an assuring tone, "we'll follow Anden's lead, but we have to make our move swiftly. Let's do this Viper."

Phineus grew even more confident. He was working with two of the best and they all were prepared to do their job. Anden, followed closely by Tomas and Phineus, made his way up to low-key guard.

Anden looked the man in his eyes, “You play sabbacc here?” he asked.

The guy took a steady glance at both Phin, dressed in his CompForce armor garb with the hood pulled up to his head, and Tomas behind Anden, then nodded to him and led them inside. Once they walked inside the door shut behind them with a man standing on each side of the door. At a table in the back of the smoke filled main room was the man in old-republic uniform with three tough brutes surrounding him. Directly to the group of the three’s left and right were another two men.

Phineus, like always, quickly began to slowly dance his eyes around the room. Most of the men inside were fairly average in stature, some taller than Phin, most stronger. But to Phineus, however, size was irrelevant. Strapped to his back was his Sat'skar sword, sheathed inside it's black scabbard. He awaited for Anden to make his move, which didn't take long.

Anden cracked the guard whom let them inside in the back of the head, and Tomas and Phineus began their part of the job.

Phineus unsheathed his Sat'skar and went to work. Two men were already stretching to reach him, but where they beat Phineus in size, they lost to his speed and agility. The man on the right of Phineus outstretched his arms, and in a quick, smooth motion, Phineus slashed down, turned, and slashed back up- cutting both of the man's arms off. Phineus followed with a spin to his left, facing the other man, in the process of depressing the trigger of his blaster.

For a moment Phineus thought of his death, but his reaction was like lighting. He slashed his arm from left to right, slicing open the man's throat, followed by a hard kick to the chest.

Behind him and to his right, an explosion went off, throwing Phineus to the ground.

Fierfrek!

"Warn me next time you do that!" Phineus yelled as he looked up at Tomas from his protective hood. He then realized who he was talking to, "..sir."

One more stood, bum rushing Tomas, whom had his back turned from the blast. Phineus had to make a decision, yell for Tomas or take the kill. He chose the latter.

Phineus leapt in the air, luckily his armor was rather flexible for something so protective, and slashed his sword down across the man's chest, sending him to the ground. Phineus jumped atop him, placing the tip of his Sat'skar against the man's adams-apple.

"Ppp...please..." The man begged.

Without hesitation, Phineus slashed across the man's throat.

Now sheathing his Sat'skar, Phineus heard a beep coming from his data-pad. Tomas was busy trying to get information of the whereabouts of the NXO when Phin waltzed up to Tomas, pulling off his hood.

“Tomas…you might want to take a look at this.” Phin said with urgency in his voice.

The message read:

[i] TFA and Naz are tearing the place up out there. C-3 has confirmed they are already boarding the frigate. NXO located. Warehouse sector. Block B – Storehouse F7, Team Union enroute for the pick up. Calling for all return home.

Queen Ninja

Tomas read the message and then wasted no time in going back to the man,

“Thanks for nothing,” he said shortly before crashing the end of his pistols grip against the mans cranium, then walked back to Anden and Phin and to the door.

Anden spun one of the pistols in his hand and gave Phin a smile and a nod, “This is where the fun begins.”

Phineus let out a small smirk, and lending a nod back at Anden while glancing at his blasters.

“All right,…lets move.” Tomas said leading the way back into the streets.
"It was his destiny to join the Empire. He saw death, hatred, evil. How he came out sane, I may never know. If he can control his fear, then Phineus' potential will never be greater."

"Welcome to down town coolsville... Population... us."

“Phin…you are one odd quack.
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Ghostwriter

Post Number:  397
Total Posts:  619
February 6, 2008 5:20:15 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
* After Departing the Freighter *

C-3PX2 and Mira walked off the Freighter, and looked around. Their objective was to locate the Administration facility, and gather Intel onto the location of the NXO. The squadron had decided that it would be best to split up, to make sure that the most areas were covered.

Mira looked over to him and said, “You think those guy will be able to keep their cover back at the freighter?”

“They can handle it; it is unlikely that anyone will decide to try to search it.” C-3Px2 said, while scanning the area.

“True, anything on the scanners?”

“Not much, a lot of interference around here for some reason.”

“Could there be a Jammer station nearby?”

“Possibly, which could help us in our search. Trace the jamming back to its source and find the XO.”

They continued to walk towards what was labeled as the Administration building. Slowly they walked into an area with more people in it, though he was unaware how they would be able to blend into the crowd. They slowly walked around, trying not to attract too much attention, until they made their way towards the Administration Building. When they arrived to it, they pressed a button on a wall panel and when the door opened walked inside.

They walked up to the main service desk in the building, manned by one mercenary looking type.

“Yea?” the merc asked.

“We are here to check in our freighter for refueling.” Mira said.

“Ship name and location.”

“The Minotaur, located on  ...” she began to say.

“Ah that thing, yea, we watched it touchdown. Pretty big size, what you hauling?”

“Nothing Special, just the standard cargo.”

“Right … here’s what fueling will cost you.” The merc said as he handed her a piece of paper.

She looked onto the piece of paper and it said, “I got info, meet outside in 10 minutes.”

“Reasonable.” she said with a grin, and then handed him a data pad.

“Alright, we will send the fueling crew over to it in a short bit.” The merc said.

Then exited the building and contacted the freighter.

“Minotaur, Ninja. There is a refueling crew coming your way, let them fuel not search.” C-3PX2 said over comm.

“Right, do not shoot them until they cause trouble. Copy.” The AI said.

C-3PX2 closed the channel, and Mira looked at him strangely.

“Who was that?” she asked.

“An AI I created to pilot the freighter, its got a stupid sense of humor, but it does its job well.” C-3PX2 said.

“Right… well hopefully any minute that merc will be here.”

“This could be a trap, we should be cautious.”

“True, but this could also lead us towards the XO, so we will wait.” Mira said boldly.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operator - Trainer Level 1 (T-1) |=|=| Author / GW C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  17
February 7, 2008 8:19:26 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
When the rest of the squad, Lukas had turned his attention towards tending to the camoflauge that covered the TIEs, making sure that they were all covered up perfectly. He looked towards one of the helper droids for some assistance, tagging him along as they headed towards the hanger portion of the freighter. The boxes and netting were in place just right to cover the TIEs, making sure that no visitors would be wise of their true purpose here.

When Zane announced the arrival of the oncoming patrol, Jake panicked a bit. He ran towards the front entrance, waiting for something to happen as he pulled his pistols from his holsters. If this was going down now, he would go down shooting. Luckily, it was all just a false alarm as Zane put it. Lukas took an exhaling breath as he placed his pistols back into their homes, walking back to the hanger to continue to monitor things from there.

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  142
February 8, 2008 5:30:06 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“Aleia! Get down!”

Ibram dived, tackling Aleia and sending the two of the sprawling down a side alley. Up ahead, a T-95 strafed the space where they were just standing, its tracer rounds scoring the ground. Up ahead, a group of pirates had barricaded the door to the Warehouse where they were keeping the Admiral.

Ibram got up, and poked his head around the corner. A flurry of laser rounds greeted him.

“Are you ok?” He asked as Aleia slowly got up off the ground.

“Fine, thanks for the save.” She said. Picking up the blaster that had fallen to the floor, she took up position by Ibram, and started firing back at the pirates.

“They’ve locked the entrance down tight.” She said. “Even if that Skyhopper wasn’t strafing us half the time, we’d be hard pressed in getting through that lot.” She saw a guy poking his head out from behind a box, and shot him in the face.

Ibram looked up, and saw the T-95 circling around for a better shot.

Gak it, I wish I had  my TIE around about now.

The T-95 shot at them again, hitting the buildings that surrounded them and causing dents and holes in the walls.

“Frak!” Aleia shouted as a piece of burning hot shrapnel hit her arm. “We need to do something about that damn Hopper?”

“Right, I’ll get out the Rocket Launcher I keep in my pocket.” Ibram commented. He shot another pirate in the arm.

The T-95 kept circling them, taking pot-shots at them whilst the pirates kept them at bay. There hiding place was slowly being chipped away behind them.

“Frak, can’t the others lend us a hand?” Aleia shouted as the SkyHopper soared overhead once more.

“It’s not looking good, Mira and C-3 are making their way back towards the Minotaur, And the Skipper’s team has run into trouble by the Markets. We’re on our own.”

Just as he said that, they both heard a clunk and saw a grenade land right by them.

“Oh G-“ It exploded, sending the two pilots flying and filling their world with white.

Ibram felt dizzy, disorientated, and he couldn’t see. His hearing was fuzzy and he couldn’t move. There was only one other time he had felt this helpless, and that had been when he had held is ex-fiancée’s dead body in his hands. It was the worst feeling in the world.

As his vision began to return to him, he saw Aleia lying right beside him, also dazed. The stun grenade has been well placed. Ibram knew that more trouble was soon to follow, and so fought desperately to get on his feet. No sooner had he managed to prop himself up against a railing, then the grizzled bearded face of a mercenary popped his head round the corner to see what had happened to the two pilots. He got a laser bolt to the eyes.

For some reason no other enemies emerged, so Ibram groggily went over to Aleia to try and get her on her feet. His hearing must have still been dodgy because he could swear he could a loud screeching noise.

“Aleia…you have to get up….Aleia.” He tried to shake her, but his strength was still faulty. His data pad beeped.

==============================================
Hold tight.
==============================================

Ibram read the message, it had originated from the Minotaur.

What the Gak?

Ibram looked up and saw an Imperial TIE fighter screech over head. The T-95, which was in the middle of banking round for another pass, was caught un-aware and disintegrated as the TIE’s laser’s tore into it.

“Need a hand sir?” Rocketman’s voice came over the com channel. Ibram grinned.

“I’m I glad to see you Crewman, what’s the story?”

Rocketman’s TIE swerved around, and began strafing the Pirates guarding the door.

“Viper 12 is manning the communications on the Minotaur, he picked up that you were in trouble. I took an executive decision and came over to help you guys out.”

“Thank the stars for Executive decisions, but that means our cover has been blown prematurely.” Ibram looked over at Aliea, who had by this time stood up, and was trying to shake the dizziness from her head.

“Have 12 message the others and tell them the situation, then get him into his fighter so that the two of you can protect the Minotaur. Have 6 get the camouflage off all of the fighters, and get the droids to prep them for launch. We’ll be along with the Admiral shortly.”

“Yes sir, 11 out.” Rocket’s TIE finished it’s sweep off the barricade, and flew off back towards the hanger. New alarm sirens were going of all over the place.

“You ok?” he asked Aleia.

“I’m bored, let’s go fetch the old man, shall we?”

Walking over the pile of charred and broken bodies, the two pilots got to work on the door that stood between them and their objective.

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  65
February 9, 2008 3:08:13 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Ibram read the message, it had originated from the Minotaur.

What the Gak?

Ibram looked up and saw an Imperial TIE fighter screech over head. The T-95, which was in the middle of banking round for another pass, was caught un-aware and disintegrated as the TIE’s laser’s tore into it.

“Need a hand sir?” Rocketman’s voice came over the com channel. Ibram grinned.

“I’m I glad to see you Crewman, what’s the story?”

Rocketman’s TIE swerved around, and began strafing the Pirates guarding the door.

“Viper 12 is manning the communications on the Minotaur, he picked up that you were in trouble. I took an executive decision and came over to help you guys out.”

“Thank the stars for Executive decisions, but that means our cover has been blown prematurely.” Ibram looked over at Aliea, who had by this time stood up, and was trying to shake the dizziness from her head.

“Have 12 message the others and tell them the situation, then get him into his fighter so that the two of you can protect the Minotaur. Have 6 get the camouflage off all of the fighters, and get the droids to prep them for launch. We’ll be along with the Admiral shortly.”

“Yes sir, 11 out.” Rocket’s TIE finished it’s sweep off the barricade, and flew off back towards the hanger. New alarm sirens were going of all over the place.

Walking over the pile of charred and broken bodies, the two pilots got to work on the door that stood between them and their objective.

Zane kept at his monitoring, when he had noticed Ibram was in trouble he immediately alerted Rocket. They could take no chances what so ever. He would not let anybody go down if he could help it.

Once the message was relayed to Rocket, it was up to him to decide what further decisions would be done. Not to much later did Rocket notify Zane that he would begin launch immediately to head to Ibram.

From the looks of Zane's scanners, it was good timing too. When rocket arrived back he briefed Zane on the new plans.

Zane immediately took action. He linked the 3 towers he was able to control into his data-pad and also to his TIE. That way everything could be monitored until they left the planet as well.

Next he relayed a message to all the others. Zane encrypted the message and send it in a very short burst that would last only a nanosecond, but carry a lot of data too.

Zane then shut down everything and copied every bit of data onto a spare data-pad, and then wiped the system clean. They would not take any chances of their operation being discovered, and this would be a lot to discover too.

Now when any of the others contacted the communications room they had been directed to contact Rocket or Zane himself. The communications suit was now  shut down for their own safety.

After that he followed the instructions to get to his TIE. Now was his time to shine. If they succeeded in protecting the Minotaur, which they would, then the mission could be a success. If they did not, then they were all in trouble.

Zane locked down all parts of the freighter until the others boarded it to unlock it themselves. Then he got into his fighter. With Rocket beside him they launched into the sky.

"Mr. Tyrol, this is Viper 12, and Viper 11, we are now in the sky, and  awaiting orders," reported Rocketman.
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||IS Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  49
February 10, 2008 2:00:53 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
An AI I created to pilot the freighter, its got a stupid sense of humor, but it does its job well.” C-3PX2 said.

“Right… well hopefully any minute that merc will be here.”

“This could be a trap, we should be cautious.”

“True, but this could also lead us towards the XO, so we will wait.” Mira said boldly, 'Funny I never thought of creating an AI, I mean I've reprogrammed droids no problem, maybe that's what Tomas erm Commanding Officer Dagoram, meant by getting some new hobbies."

"AI are much more complex then droids," C-3 said.

"I like a challenge."

"Very well."

"So you can't eat?" Mira asked curiously clinging onto C-3's arm to act out the whole man/woman marriage thing going on between them.

"No."

"You can't drink?"

"No."

"Not even Rum and coke?"

"Negative."

"That sucks," Mira answered and was silent for a second, if I droid could look relieved then C-3 was. "What about sex?"

"No, and I would think it would be highly inappropriate, even if that was possible between a droid and a human, due to our ranks," C-3 spoke not missing a beat.

Mira's eyes went wide, "What, no, no, no, gross!" she replied wrinkling her nose, "Please I like my men, you know, warm, not metal, and yeah alive, and having a soul."

"Most men have no soul, so what's the difference?"

"Well," Mira's brow's wrinkled, 'Not all of them. It must be weird, not having emotions, don't they have programs now that allow droid to have some sort of emotions?"

"Emotions would only get in the way of the mission, I use you and Commanding Officer Dagoram as an example, many times the secret relationship between you two could have jeopardized a mission.."

'But it didn't!"

'Don't interrupt, the reason I bring this up is because you two have the problem of using emotions to decide situations. While I without such emotions can chose the most tactical and safe measures for a battle plan. When flying I feel no fear, panic, or adrenaline, not having those basic human emotions gives our squad the advantage against enemies."

"Still sounds soo boring," Mira sighed, "Yeah being human we're angry, we want to destroy crap, and keep making horrible movies that become box office hits, but we're good too. There's just something sweet and pure about love. Just finding complete joy in seeing someone smile, thinking how lucky you are when you wake up beside him, that quirky smile," Mira then frowned shaking her head, "I'm not really one to explain it."

'Things will work through with you and Commanding Officer Dagoram."

"Was that you trying to comfort a human?" Mira asked smirking just a little.

"No, obviously you and Commanding Officer Dagoram have unfinished business and human tend to like to torture themselves."

"Oh sweetie you sure do know how to pick a girl's spirits up and woo the pants off of her," Mira said sarcastically rolling her eyes, "geez this guy is taking forever what's taking so long?"
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited February 10, 2008 2:02:12 AM)]
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  74
February 10, 2008 10:10:28 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
Zane and Rocketman had launched themselves into the sky with orders to protect the Freighter and other TIEs at all costs. For a while nothing popped up while they waited for the others. Zane kept track of all the others progress inside his own TIE, giving updated reports to Rocket every so often.

So far everything was going pretty good. Zane only wished he could have been part of the action though. But what is done is done, and apparently it was not meant for him to be inside the base with the others.

Zane didn't sweat it, he did after all get to see all their progress and any potential dangerous before they came to the others.

"Speak of the devil," Zane muttered.

"Commander Dagoram you may have company soon," reported Zane.

"Thanks Crewman," replied Tomas.

"Ibram watch out, you may have company soon too as you get close to the gates," reported Zane.

"Thanks Zane," replied Ibram.

Then the real trouble was spotted. Now at the gates stood a group of maybe 20 guards. All of them were armed, and Zane hoped that maybe he could help the others.

If Zane had access to the control towers, maybe he could access the guards comlinks, maybe. Taking out his data-pad and own hi-tech laptop with hologram projection capabilities, and a couple other things and set them on his makeshift "desk" type thing inside his TIE.

Everything was magnetically secured so that nothing could be ruined even with a pretty good shake to his TIE, unless he was of course blown up. With the proper equipment, some he had hardwired into his TIE from spare parts from the freighter, Zane set to work, all while still monitoring everything.

It wasn't an easy task doing several things at once, but Zane was pretty good at it. Finally Zane managed to get into the comlink mainstream of the guards. Now hopefully his plan would work.

Zane called all the guards he could away to the farthest part of the base on "urgent matters ordered by their leade." The hardest part was making his voice believable. But miraculously it had worked. Well, mostly.

Most the guards around all the squad's groups had dispersed to this "urgent" but fake matter. Some however had stayed at the entrance of the base that the others would use as their exit. Zane could not get these ones to leave, for apparently they had orders for some to stay to apprehend the intruders in section Alpha-B.

Which was right close to about where the others were. Zane did all he could, and some more even left. But about 14 remained. Zane figured that the squads would be able to get through okay though.

Zane then turned his attention once again mostly to the freighter. Still no sign of any intruders, Zane still did not let his guard down for one second. That could lose them the mission.

"Viper 11, this is VIper 12, everything look good?" asked Zane.

"Viper 12 you would be the one to know that," replied Zane.

"Not necessarily," replied Zane.

"Okay Viper 12 so far all clear, keep a good eye on lookout though,"said Rocket.

Then it happened. Three star fighters all heading toward the freighter.

"Looks like you spoke to soon Viper 11," said Zane.

"Lets just deal with the, Zane," replied Rocketman.

With that the they engaged the three star fighters. At first glance they seemed not so significant. However on closer inspection, they then looked actually quite sophisticated, and well armed. Zane now knew they were in for a very fun battle.

Dispersing for a complex maneuver Zane and Rocketman then successfully pulled it off, crippling the first star fighter. But it seemed only luck for the other two seemed to now pull their heads out of their butts and got into the game.

Dodging several complex maneuvers from the two star fighters, Zane and Rocketman were finally able to pull ahead. It was a fairly fierce battle and it only got worse as two more star fighters arrived for back up.

That outnumbered them both 2 to 1. Things did not look to good. But Zane saw this as fun, and soon that feeling of adrenaline soon found its way back to him. This was their chance to shine, or perish crash and burn.

Zane would not crash and burn. Splitting up, but still staying close to each other Zane and Rocket both executed several maneuvers both separate and together to try to overcome their current not so good looking situation.

Finally after what seemed like forever, they had 2 more that had just barely arrived. Seeming to get the hang of it they quickly took care of the last two, and then Zane set to making sure no more would come.

While still keeping an eye on everything and warning the others again as more guards started to come in near the admiral. Zane finally was able to divert the other star fighters to  the other side of the base where Zane had shot a blast cleverly out near a far off tower causing it to explode.

Luckily no other star fighters or guards had seen him do this, making it seem a little more real. But the others needed to hurry, the guards and star fighters would not be gone for forever, and time was slowly ticking by.

"Well Viper 11, disaster for this moment, averted," reported Zane.

"Copy that Zane," replied Rocket.
Naval ID:
Engineering Corps ID:
Author||ESS Zane ZyCrusis||Lotaith||VET||VE
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  119
February 11, 2008 8:51:05 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 

Ibram smiled.

God I love her personality

Ibram thought as the pair stepped over the smoked charred bodies. Aleia seemd just as uneffected as he was and that..was a good thing as far as Ibram was concerned.

Aleia blew a deep breath threw her lips as she  went to the door panael. Clicking open the wired panel she looked at thehornets nest of wires.

"What the.... It's not even organised...."

She yelled with irritation. Ibram leaned it close to her and took her hand in his for a moment to calm her down. His eyes looked  over the nightmare.

Great.. This is going to be a bit of a job then I thought...

Outloud..

"Well whoever built this was sloppy.. but it's working as a deteroation.. Don't worry hun.. I know you can do it.."

He whispered to her before leaning in more and givign her a kiss on the side of her face. Aleia felt the heat rush up and only could squeese her hand in his for an answer before pulling away to start going threw the wires to find the right ones.

"Still.. if I pull the wrong one we could be  here for a very long time.."

God only knew  if the thing wasn't wire to exploade either at them or on the other side.
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Ink Slinger

Post Number:  147
February 11, 2008 5:11:03 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“Still, if I pull the wrong one we could be here for a very long time.” Aleia said as she concentrated on the door.

Ibram, pistol in hand, tried to guard Aleia as she worked her stuff.

“Do your best hun, but those alarms are still blaring, and I can only look so many ways at once.”

Aleia was silent as she re-arranged the wires to try and unlock the door. Ibram didn’t have a clue what she was doing – it was just like his dad and mechanics. Whilst Ibram could perform basic repairs on his fighter, the subtler mysteries of the skill eluded him.

“Almost there.” She said.

Ibram made one last look around, and then trained his gun on the door. Odds are that there were guards inside the warehouse to make sure the Admiral behaved.

“Got it.” She said and raised her own weapon as the door slid open.

The entryway was empty.

Hmmm. Odd. Ibram mused.

“No bogies?” Aleia asked.

“No bogies.” Ibram confirmed.

The warehouse turned out not to be an actual warehouse, but more akin to an underground complex. Aleia and Ibram slowly made their through corridor after corridor, room after room.

After what seemed like forever, they reached a door that was locked securely. It had a note on it.:

To whoever wants to see the prisoner.

We’ve gone outside for a smoke, back in five.

Kale

“Wait a minute, you mean to tell me we’ve been tip-toeing our way through this building, when all the guards were really char-grilled outside? Typical.” Aleia said.

“And you’re complaining? The Admiral must be in here, get the door.”

It didn’t take long for Aleia to open the door. Stepping through, they were met with a dimly lit room. In the middle was a half-naked man with a towel over his head.

“Did you nerf-heads enjoy you’re smokes?” The figure said in a gruff voice.

“Admiral Fury?” Ibram asked, removing the towel. An old, yet lean and experienced face stared back at him in confusion.

“What, did you change shifts whilst I wasn’t looking?”

Ibram holstered his pistol. “Not exactly, Petty Officer Tyrol at your service sir.” He saluted.

“Crewman Dreycon, sir.” Aleia echoed.

“Does it look like we’re on parade? Get me the frak out of these bonds pilot.” The admiral growled.

“Of course sir.” You’re welcome. Ibram thought.

Ibram had only heard stories about the NXO, but so far, he was living up to the hype. And not in a good way.

“I thought I heard them mention something about an attack, so that’s you guys huh? Who did command send?” As Ibram untied the Admirals bonds, he stood up slowly and flexed his arms and legs.

“Two squadrons and a task force headed by Commodore Darkhawk sir.” Ibram responded. Now that they actually had the Admiral, he was unsure what to do next. Apart from the obvious that is.

“Alpha eh? It’s about time those guys got of their behinds and did something. Darkhawk’s a good man though, what squadron are you guys in?”

“We’re Viper Squadron sir, Chief Warrant Officer Dagoram. Lieutenant Everson and Nazgul are here too. It seems you forgot to destroy you’re ships hard drive sir.”

The Admiral stared at him. “It must have slipped my mind as I was being beaten and dragged onto another vessel. Looks like command really brought out the big guns for this mission…what, was the Atrus having it’s windows wiped?”

“I’m sorry sir; Fleet Admiral Japheth had run out of milk. Had to go to Tadath for some more.”

The Admiral’s eyes narrowed. “Remind me to shoot you when we get back. Lead the way pilot, lets get off this rock.”

“Very good sir.”

Picking up the pace, the trip made their way back out of the Warehouse. The Admiral picked up a weapon on his way out. He seemed to recognise one of the bodies.

“You realise there was a bounty on that man right there?”

“Really?”

“Yeh, Kale Anon. He was the guy who snatched me. We’ve been trying to track him down for years. How did you get him?”

“We had air support sir.”

“No shit? Poor way to go.”

“Aleia, signal the others, tell them we have the package and we’re coming in. Have the fighters ready.”

“Package? What do I look like a new processor to you?”

“Are you going to be like this all the way back sir?”

“Serves you right for taking so long. What’s the plan?”

“We’ve got our fighters hidden inside an old BFF-1 Bulk Freighter. We’ve got a TIE Defender in their too for you.”
“So, what you’re telling me is that no only did they not send the 1st fleet, but I also have to fly myself out?”

“Some aversion to flying sir?”

“Why do you think I took a frakking desk job. How long to the freighter?”

“Can’t be more then 15 minutes so long as we don’t run into any trouble.”

Aleia spoke up. “Sounds like the CO and the other teams have drawn most of their attention for now.”

“Well let’s get a move on then,” the Admiral growled. “I’d like to get off this rock before I retire thanks.”

It was a long fifteen minutes.

OOC:
877 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  18
February 11, 2008 7:01:31 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
Lukas was running all over the place as he finished up the meeting with Zane and Rocket. It was nuts to think that taking one of the fighters to help the rest of the group would evenutally blow the cover, but it was a risk that Rocket was willing to make in this point in time. With some time, the three got Rocket's TIE uncovered and prepped for launch. Lukas ran with a couple of the droids towards the main controls and opened up the main cargo doors to allow the TIE clearance to launch out of the freighter.

It was a wild scene, but all was calm for a few moments while Rocket took care of some interference. Lukas took a deep breath and paced a bit as he headed back to the cargo bay to clean things up and make sure that the other TIEs were still under the camoflauge. The last few moments were exciting, to say the very least, but it was also good to get some rest for what was up ahead. The cargo bay was a bit messy, but it took no time at all once the droid helped in the clean-up.

Unfortunately, that didn't last long as he felt his datapad buzzing from an incoming message. Lukas took out his datapad and looked at the message that Zane had left for him. He read it very quickly as it was going to disappear in any moment, but the message was very clear. At that, Lukas's voice boomed out towards the droids.

"Hey, guys, prep the Fighters for launch now!"

The droids responded to the message as he began to topple the boxes and remove the netting that covered the Fighters. The noises that came from the falling material didn't distract him much as he hurried himself as fast as he could to reveal the TIEs in their full glory. The droids had instantly engaged the main startup system within each TIE as the process continued to take place. A couple of the droids assistance in the revelation of the Fighters, which went without a hitch. Lukas was very happy with that.

Zane went past Lukas as he finished with his part of the situation, nodding to him as he walked past.

"Fulfiller, stay with the Freighter and monitor everything from here. I'm heading out with Rocket."

"No problem."

With a couple of the droids in tow, Lukas once again headed towards the cockpit and opened up the doors again, letting Zane's Fighter out with no incident. With the doors closing behind them, Lukas turned towards the radar ro make sure that no one or no fighter was making their way towards here. If there was, he would be ready for them. He had overheard some of the conversation between the pilots, and that was okay just in case on any enemies that would come their way.

Sure, Lukas was a little nervous about that, but he had to make sure that nothing fell apart from this part in the mission. Nothing.

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:26:40 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 77  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >