Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Switch (Dark Dragoons)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Switch (Dark Dragoons)
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  892
Total Posts:  1091
  The Switch (Dark Dragoons)
January 11, 2008 9:55:22 PM    View the profile of Leon 
"Leon! I was just about to go get you, it seem's we'll be having a special guest arrive soon," exclaimed Garryll, walking around one of the velvet couches and giving his Squad Leader a pat on the shoulder.

"And who will this guest be?" Questioned a fatigued Leon, dropping his duffel bag to the ground.

"You alright? You look horrible."

"Just tired. Did the whole crazy workout thing today and I really need some rest," replied Leon as he hopped over the couch and landed gently on his bottom. "So, who's the guest?"

"Rizzit. He'll be arriving here in about half an hour. Apparently we've been assigned a new mission."

"Already? Looks like HC has gone insane after all. Well I'm gonna go wash off and then I'll be in my office. And please, don't make a mess out of things, let's try and stay neat shall we?"

"You got it. Orobos and Tanus are out anyways, and I plan on leaving myself. Gonna go out and eat."

"You going with anyone else? Any females taggin' along?"

"Haha, that's for me, and only me to know," Garryll replied, giving Leon a playful wink.

"Just don't ware yourself out. They can do that to you. They work in evil ways, Garryll, very evil ways."

Garryll chuckled softly before making his way out of the Barracks, finally giving Leon the chance to be alone. He closed his eyes and let his head sink back into the comfortable couch, his body slowly unwinding. He let out a long sigh, trying to sink as far as he could into the couch. At first glance, it would seem that the Squad Leader was at peace, totally relaxed, not a single thing wrong with him.

Wrong.

Ever since Yuka, Leon was was haunted with the deaths of his troopers. His mind never stopped churning, never drifted away from those dreaded moments. Was this what Darr-Rann went through all the time? Was he suffering from this constant pain that could only be healed through time? He probably was. After the past events, Leon's respect for the man was doubled - No, tripled. He just hoped he wouldn't end up like him, not that there was anything wrong with him, but he wasn't exactly the most sociable person.

Opening his eye's, Leon slowly stood up from the couch and made his way to his bed room. The fresh aroma of some foreign scent reached his nostrils, sending a spasm of pleasure throughout his body. Quickly, he pulled off his sweat drenched shirt and the rest of his attire, and tossed it on the gold sheeted bed, revealing a very muscular body that could only be obtained through years of hard work. He slowly trudged across the bronze carpeted floor, opening the door to the bathroom and shutting it quietly behind him. Just like every other bathroom he had owned, this one was covered in white tile and one sink cabinet. On the wall above the sink cabinet was a mirror, portraying a bearded man with blond hair. Leon didn't even glimpse at the reflection, and instead hopped into his refreshing unit.

~~~~ Ten Minutes Later ~~~~

Leon quickly buttoned up his standard Imperial uniform, something he had grown very fond of wearing. He quickly inspected himself in the mirror, noticing how good he looked in uniform. The few medals that ran along his chest sparkled brightly, setting off a small gleam in the young man's face. After feeling satisfied, he made his way to his office, something he just recently discovered that belonged to him. In fact - He had discovered this today, but hadn't checked out due to his workout schedule.

Squad Leaders do have their perks after all, thought Leon as he stuck his rank cylinder into the designated area, unlocking the door with a loud click. The door quickly slid open, revealing a room Leon knew he'd be spending a lot of time in. He couldn't help but smile when he laid eye's on the wood furnished table that stood in the center of the office. Behind the desk (His very own desk) was a leather black chair, the Dark Dragoons insignia stiched into the center of it. Above the chair was a larger version of the Dark Dragoons insignia, blending in perfectly with the white walls and gold carpeted floor. To the left of the desk was a window that over looked the majority of the city, which would provide a beautiful spectacle at night time when the city was lit aglow.

Leon returned his attention to the wood furnished desk and walked around it, letting his hand skim across the smoothe finish. He then pulled out the chair, noticing how nice the leather felt under his rough skin. He posistioned himself in front of the chair, placed both hands on the each arm, and gently lowered himself onto the cushiony surface. He then leaned back, kicked his legs up on top of the table, and placed his hands on the back of his head. This was one moment he would never forget.

Never.

But something seemed to be missing, something that most offices had. He just couldn't place his finger on it. A vibrating noise coming from within the table drew his attention, and he quickly located the source. He slid open the middle drawer, and inside was a brand new Data Pad.

His Data Pad.

"Wow, next thing you know I'm gonna get a raise, now that'd be great," Leon said to himself as he opened the message that had been sent to him. The message contained everything he needed to know about the upcoming mission, but the title told him not to open it until he received his briefing. As if on cue, the door to his office slid open and a familiar face came into view. Leon tried to regain his composure as best as he could, quickly taking his legs off the table and snapping to a crisp salute.

"Sir!" Shouted Leon, cringing away from the very own sound of his voice.

"No need for that Leon," replied Rizzit, returning the salute out of respect.

"I was told you would be coming to brief me, but I didn't expect for you to come so soon, sir."

"Well that's what happens when you're always in a hurry. HC's got me running all over the place, you know how it is."

Leon nodded.

"So! I'm gonna make this as fast and clear as possible. You look like a good listener, so try and bare with me."

Another nod.

"The NR's Stock Market has been producing rapidly, and their racking in the big cred's. Now because of their mass numbers and the certain parts of the Galaxy they control, this makes things a lot easier for them then it does us to make money. Now usually, we'd send in a Spec Op's team to do this, but they're all unavailable at the moment and we think your squad is the next best unit to complete the job. It's simple enough, and I think yu might even enjoy it. You might not even have to shoot a single shot, that's how easy we've made it for you. Basically, and simply put, you're gonna be going in as a maintenance crew. Two elite Slicer's will be accompanying you and it is your job to protect them. They're going to hack into the main frame, switch some decimals around, change some numbers, and set off a couple of EMP charges. This will leave the NR in disarray, and when they get everything back online - Which will take about two days - They'll find themselves in a heap of trouble. They won't even know what hit them."

Leon thought it over for a few seconds, trying to find any flaws in Rizzit's plan.

He couldn't find any.

"Well it sounds simple enough, I assume we'll be there for about a week? Maybe less?"

"Less. We want you guys in and out. Two days tops. Everything else you need to know is in your Data Pad. Any questions?"

Leon nodded. "When do you want us to leave?"

"Tomorrow night. You'll be getting their in style," replied Rizzit with a wink. "Oh, I almost forgot. The planet you'll be shipped to is called Zefra, similar to Coruscant but smaller, way smaller.

"Sounds good. I'll brief my squad right away. Thank you sir."

"Anytime Leon. Good luck, and don't get yourselves killed. This mission is very important and we need to complete it. Don't let them find out who you are either. Good luck." The Platoon Commander saluted, and then turned on his heel, leaving the SL alone for the second time that day.

So, this is it, my squads first mission. Should be interesting. He quickly sent out a message to the quad, ordering them to report back to the Dark Dragoons barracks right away. In less then an hour, the Dragoons were all rallied up. Leon gave them the same briefing he had received and made it slightly more detailed.

"You all got that?"

"Yes sir." Replied the squad in unison.

"Good, lets get our rest, we're gonna need it.
    |DARK DRAGOONS|
*Squad Leader*
SL/SGT Leon/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]/[RCoD]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  535
  RE: The Switch (Dark Dragoons)
January 12, 2008 4:39:19 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Before Leons post

Orobos sat at the bar and downed his fourth glass. He watched Tanus leaning against the bar talking to women who seemed to be enjoying the attention the soldier was giving her. Orobos chuckled and ordered another drink.

After a while Tanus came back over and sat by the bar. Orobos ordered a drink for him and turned to face him. Tanus was smiling to himself.

"How many is that then?" Orobos asked.

"Four," Tanus said, "Not including that first stuck up Twilek.

Orobos laughed as Tanus waved goodbye to the woman he'd been talking to as she exited the bar. Then he watched as he dropped three scraps of paper on the bar each with a hastily scrawled number on it.

"Why is there only three?" Orobos asked.

Tanus pulled back hi sleeve to reveal a number on his arm.

"Ha, I don't know how you do it,"

"Just tell them what they wanna hear," Tanus replied smoothly ordering another drink.

"Maybe we should get back to the barracks before I'm tempted to have another six," Orobos said pushing the empty glass away from him across the bar.

"One more,"

"Right you do that but I'm off,"

Orobos stood up and walked out of the bar and down the street towards the all too familiar building looming up above the others with the Imperial Insignia shining out from it. He sighed as he walked along.

The nights here were too warm for his liking. He wore a sash around his shoulders displaying his rank. No way was he going to were one of those tight uncomfortable uniforms, even if they could get the right size for him.

He saw the faint red outline over the horizon indicating that morning was almost there. He felt a rumble come from his belt and pulled out his slightly battered datapad. It was Leon.

"I need you guys back at the barracks ASAP," he heard Leon say, "You all got that?"

"Yes sir," Orobos replied hearing the voices of the rest of his squad-mates.

"Good, lets get our rest, we're gonna need it." Leon finished before he hung up.

Orobos walked through the front doors of the huge building and towards a set of stairs.

It couldn't be another mission, they'd just gotten back from Yuka after all.

Orobos thought back to Yuka and lose of a few of the squad-mates. He wondered how Leon must feel. He felt partly responsible but couldn't exactly see why.

He sighed as he arrived at Leons office. They'd find out what all this was about now in a few minutes.
Time is a Drug. Too much of it will kill you.
-Terry Prachet
-------------------------------------------------

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRP/LCPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/[BoH]
Author/Wordspinger Orobos/Lotaith/VET/VE
Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited January 14, 2008 5:38:21 AM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  111
Total Posts:  2159
January 12, 2008 7:27:45 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
*Before Leon's post*

Gates was walking back to the barracks when his comlink rang.

"Hullo?" Gates opened up the small device.

"Gates, Leon, c'mon back to the barracks."

"'k- good thing you didn't call earlier, we were in the middle of a discussion about the, uh, anatomy of Rebel scum."

"You were on a date arguing with someone about the removal of Reble body parts?"

"Uh, yeah, sarge, basically. She was a combat medic. No harm done. Not like she likes rebels either."

"Great, she have a sister?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out!" Gates joked. "I'll be back at barracks momentarily."

"Good. Make sure to get some sleep. You're going to need it."

Gates heard his SL hang up. He returned his comlink to his pocket, then walked onto the street with the barracks on it. Flashing his ID, he walked through the doors, into a clean, brightly lit hall. He took some turns until he got to the DD wing.

After hearing the briefing, he went with his squadmates back to the barracks.

Gates pulled his weaponry out from under his bed; a DC-15 blaster rifle, a sniper/slug thrower, silenced, an E-11, 2 heavy assault weapons, a couple pistols, a folded up E-web, a vibroblade, a rocket launcher, and a flamethrower, and the ignition keys to four dropships, a freighter, and a speeder. He went to unwrapping the sniper rifle. He sighted through it, adjusted it slightly, then put it away, in a specific case, with all of its ammunition. He sorted through the pile of weapons, sliding them into distinct piles- rifles, pistols, clips, heavy weapons. He stored most of it under the bed, except for one pistol, which he tucked under his mattress, just in case.

Then he climbed into bed, pulled the covers over his head, and went to sleep.
|DARK DRAGOONS| -Corporal

TRP/CRP Gates/Trooper/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 CMP/1 REG/1 BAT/Tadath/VEA

Allegiances may come and go, but the loyal will remain with the Vast Empire!

"Remember, what's our motto?"
"Let the enemies do the work!"- from Fury

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited January 12, 2008 8:14:19 AM)]
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  178
Total Posts:  744
January 12, 2008 1:25:43 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus sat there, eyeing various females in the bar. Normally, he wouldn’t have been so keen to go out with anyone and have a few drinks or even be out on the social scene. However, since it had been a long time since he had been out on the social scene and he needed something to do, he decided to go for it. Orobos made an excellent drinking companion, and the conversation between the two never grew tiring. Tanus was working on his third Corellian ale when a vibrating in pocket made him jump. He took out his datapad and stared at it for a while before looking at the screen; it was a message from Leon:

Get to the barracks ASAP. It’s time for a mission briefing.

Tanus downed his ale and threw down some credit chips before exited the bar into the harsh lights.

--- --- ---

Tanus walked his way from the cantina to the bar; luckily he took his liquor well. When he opened the door to the barracks, everyone was already sitting down; it appeared they were waiting for him. He took his position to the left of Leon so the briefing could commence. When all was quiet, Leon began.

“All right, boys, its time that we got started. HC has just given us a big mission, so we’re gonna do it right. The mission is we are going to infiltrate the New Republic Stock Exchange and do a little bit of sabotage; nothing fancy, just mess around with some numbers, throw in a few extra decimal places and a couple of EMP charges. By the time they get back online, they’ll have a nice little panic on their hands.”

There was a moment of silence, which was broken by the sound of a uniform arm shooting into the air; it came from Urakai.

“Leon, I hate to burst your bubble, but none of us are qualified to do any of that; most of us are CEs or medics, that and I think the New Republic a small number of VE ops walking around the place.”

Leon nodded. “I know, Urakai, I was just about to get to that. What is going to happen is we are going to have two expert slicers with us for the job. All we have to do is protect them. Now when I say protect, I don’t mean run in with guns blazing; I mean watch out for them, and if anything looks fishy, get them out of there as quickly and quietly as possible. And we will be having disguises: we’ll be going in as maintenance workers. When the place closes down for the night, we’re going to move in and have a little party.”

A group of smiles came from around the room; Tanus loved these kinds of missions: quick, silent and crippling.

Leon continued. “Now, if you have to take weapons, and I mean only if you feel its necessary, keep it to a minimum, and something that doesn’t look out of place: an E-11 will look a tad conspicuous compared to a small vibroblade. Or if you don’t need anything at all, that’s for the better.”

Leon turned around and gestured to the chart behind him: it showed a small blue planet, much smaller than Coruscant, but looked exactly the same. The smaller, blue-hued layout of the cities from the holoprojector gave Tanus an idea of how much damage they would be doing.

“This is Zefra. As you can see, it looks a lot like Coruscant, but nearly one-sixth the size. It is here that most of the New Republic Stock Exchange is located; there are others to be sure, but this is the most lightly protected. We want to do this quick, so we’ll be leaving tomorrow night. Now, when I said we were going to hit it and run, I meant it: we only have two days to make this work. We’ll be getting there by way of shuttle, and the trip will take about 6 standard hours. We’ll be getting fake identichips, so we won’t really need to worry about much as far as that goes. Now, get ready; we have a big day ahead of us.”

Leon powered off the holoprojector and stared back at the squad. “Dismissed.”

As Tanus was about to leave, Leon held him back. “How’d I do?” he asked.

Tanus smiled at the man; he had known Leon for a long time, and he did an excellent job on Yuka, but he knew why he was asking: on the previous mission, Tanus had lost three members of his squad, and it still hurt.

“You did fine, Leon. I know you’re still a little shaken from what happened on Yuka, but that’s war: we lose our friends when we don’t want to. But at least with this mission, things might be a little bit less… shooty.”

Leon smiled back. “Tanks, Tanus. I really needed to hear that. Well, get ready. And remember what I said: Keep the killing to a minimum.”

Tanus laughed. “I’ll try. Just depends on who gets in the way of my mop.” Leon started laughing as Tanus exited the door back to his condo.

--- --- ---

Tanus sat down, staring outside into the stars for a little bit of clarity. He looked down at his arm to stare at the number of the woman he had talked to in the bar. He smiled at it and went over to the holoreciever and dialed the number. The girl wasn’t there, but he left her a message, saying that he really wanted to take her out to dinner. He left his number and cut the connection before going to his room. He got into bed, checking the side for his heavy blaster pistol and under his pillow for his knife. At least I have reassurance coming from somewhere, Tanus thought as he drifted off into a deep sleep.
SGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

|DARK DRAGOONS|

Nu kyr'adyc, taab'echaaj'la:
Not gone, merely, marching far away.
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  216
January 17, 2008 1:15:39 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos walked into the office and into the room containing his bunk with a small locker next to it. He opened it up. Thee was a series of rifles hanging from rack which had boxes sitting on it as well. They contained some ammo clips, frag grenade and a DC-15 pistol.

He pulled that out of one of the boxes and two spare ammo clips for it. It was small enough to conceal but it could still pierce armour with a well aimed shot. he loaded it, made sure the safety was on and stowed it in a small carrier bag under his bunk.

He pulled the bottom out of the locker once again. It concealed five different brands of a drink. He picked out the clear bottle with the amber liquid inside and took a swig from it. He should have changed his hiding place for these things after all he had his suspicions that Leon knew about it. He imagined himself waking up to find his secret stash gone. He banished the thought from his mind with a fury hat even shocked him. Maybe he was a bit too fond of this drink.

He put the bottle back and reached for his stormtrooper armour ten remembering that they would be going in undercover. The armour would be sort of a give-away he thought to himself.

After they had gotten back from Yuka he had gone to the armour and had the armour modified for him so that it looked just like everyone else's.... just bigger..... a lot bigger.

As he looked at the carrier bag with the pistol in it he felt as though he should bring something else with him. He thought for a moment. He couldn't think of anything else to bring. He sat down on his bed and buried his face in his hands running through the missions he had been through. Nothing compared to what other Vast empire soldiers had been through.

His first when he'd been assigned to the Dark Dragoons the mission on the little, miserable, backwater planet Aurek. Then the attack on the Republic shipyard. Then half the Dragoons squad had teamed up with Eclipse when they went after that pirate Gabriel. Then Yuka which had been probably the toughest of them all and now this.

He stared at the white walls of the barracks for a long time thinking over these conflicts he had been in. He was lucky so far and had only suffered some minor injuries. He lifted his hand in front of his face. The fake hair on the half of his augmentic hand blending in perfectly with the rest of the hair. He heard the tiny whizzing of the miniature gears inside as he moved his fingers.

I'd allowed myself to become distracted by something I've seen before. Keep your mind on the mission.

Orobos thought this as he pulled his legs up onto the bunk. His head resting on the pillow he closed his eyes drifting off into an uneasy sleep. Knowing that he had another conflict to add to the ever growing list.
-Terry Prachet

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited January 17, 2008 1:22:03 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  116
January 19, 2008 6:21:29 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
After four hours of sleep, Gates woke up.

"Crap. Haven't gotten a good night's sleep since before Yuka..."
He heaved himself out of bed, and strapped on his pistol.

Checking his alarm, it read '5:39 AM'

He silently made his way to the mess hall, which was open 24/7. He asked the droid for a cup of caf, and walked back to a table.

After a few minutes of boredom and his drink, the Dragoon saw his CO.

"Hey, Leon, sarge!" he said, waving him over. As the senior non-com walked over, Gates got the server droid to get them some more caf.

"Couldn't sleep, eh?" Leon said, yawning.
"Nope. Ordered some caf for you, if you want it."
"Last time I drank some hot drink, Mako spiked it."
"You didn't seem drunk, just pissed."
"Huh."

The two men sat drinking caf for a while, waiting for the rest of the dragoons to come in.

Gates, somewhat uncomfortable, took the pistol out of its holster and put it on the table, cracking his knuckles on the way.

Gates pulled out his datapad, too. Checking his messages, he saw he had one from the girl he'd gone out with last night, and another from Mako. Deciding he'd check them later, he accessed the briefing. Reading it over, he seemed kind of disappointed.

"Sarge, not like I'm complaining or anything, but wouldn't it be a good idea to steal some cash while we're there? It says we should just move a few decimal points."

"They could trace it, and blow our cover."

"Ah. I hope those slicers will know what they're doing."

Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  218
January 19, 2008 12:29:59 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos woke and sat up rubbing the back of his neck sleepily. it was still dark outside but the sun was creeping over the horizon. He stood up. It was too warm and he didn't like it. He waked over. The setting on the thermostat told him it was twenty-six degrees Celsius. He spun the dial till it read 2 degrees. He smiled as he got back into the bed the cold air spilling out of the vents nice and cool on his back.

Orobos woke up and grabbed his pistol just as Garyll stuck his head in the door. He flicked the safety back on when he saw who it was.

"Hey Leon wants us up in ready in ten," he said before walking down the corridor, "Jesus it's freezing in here,"

"Hey remember Yuka," Orobos replied,

"Oh yeah," Garyll shivered, "anyway we're meeting outside the mess-hall in ten so hurry up,"

"ok no problem,"Orobos mumbled,

"Bit jumpy," Garyll said eyeing the pistol,

"Well we just got back from a mission with enemies around every corner, takes awhile for it to wear off,"

"Might come in a bit handy since we're going on another one,"

"I suppose so,"

Orobos stood up stretching and grabbing his belt. He opened up a small pistol shaped compartment on the inside of the belt. There was two more each the size of an cartridge for his DC-15 pistol. Both compartments were covered in a hard resin so that they couldn't be detected by any security scanners. He stuffed some rations into the pouches.

He then grabbed the carrier bag and stuffed it with a few things he'd expect to find in a civilian case. A few pieces of clothing and the likes.

When he was finished Orobos walked out the door ad down to the mess hall. Leon, Garyll and Tanus were already standing outside waiting their bags and gear slung over there shoulders.

"I said ten," Leon told him tapping his wrist with his finger.

"I'm a minute late," Orobos said, "if it costs us our lives it's on my hands,"

There was an uneasy pause and everyone looked away from Leon who had gone slightly paler.

"C'mon lighten up," Orobos said moving over and patting him on the shoulder,

"Yeah, lets get moving," Tanus said as they walked down he corridor.
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  182
January 24, 2008 6:58:17 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus wished Orobos hadn’t said that: He didn’t need any dissention in the ranks, let alone from his Squad Leader. Tanus turned and gave Orobos a silencing look. He hoisted his duffle a little tighter to his body; he hadn’t taken much in terms of equipment, because he wouldn’t really need it. He hadn’t brought any weapons with him, which he was both lamenting and rejoicing over, but as long as it meant the success of the mission, he would deal with it. Leon had brought them to the squad room one last time for a final mission briefing.

“OK, let’s go over the specs one last time and get our equipment. Now, as I said earlier, we won’t have much, just some tools and other maintenance equipment. Our uniforms are on the shuttle and waiting as are the rest of the equipment. But now I suppose its time to meet the two slicers. Gentlemen?”

Leon gestured to the back where to men were sitting, a human and a Falleen. They got up and walked towards the front of the room, hands clasped behind their backs. They both gave a curt nod to Leon and Tanus.

“Greetings, gentlemen. My name is Ivor Treskin, and this is my associate, Karken Yodali. We are the two slicers that you’ll be with on this mission. Now, when you were told were experts, you weren’t told wrong: we’ve been doing this for a long time. Now if you have any questions, you’d best get them out now, because the shuttle ride will be a long one and I think we’ll be a tad more irritable after eight hours in a shuttle.”

For a second no one raised their hand, and then Garryl raised his hand form the back.

“What kind of security and such can we expect to find on the planet, and better yet, in the facility itself?”

Leon was the one who answered.

“Intel says that the security will be tight, which is why we’re doing this quick. As for the planet, expect it to be a lot like Coruscant. If you’ve never been to Coruscant, imagine a lot of buildings with a lot of people with a lot of hostility, which isn’t so different from our day-to-day as it is.”

A few smiles came from the room; the slicers remained stone-faced.

“How long will you take to slice into the computers and switch around the numbers?” Tanus asked.

The Falleen turned to him. “Hopefully no more than a few minutes. I’m guessing that they’ll have a few pedabytes of data to sift through before we get to the good stuff, but we’ll be going in as technicians during the day to do some snooping around. All you’re have to worry about is keeping us alive.”

Tanus sighed audibly. Easier said than done.

Leon nudged him in the ribs as the slicers continued. “We’ll be in the shuttle for as I said, eight hours. During that time I recommend you get ready for your mission decide who will be doing what. Karken and I will be consulting with your Squad Leader and Assistant Squad Leader about the final procedure.”

Leon nodded as he got back up in front of the squad.

“OK, let’s get to the shuttle. Hope you have some reading material, because I’m not about to be woken up…”

Tanus grabbed his bag and as he was about to leave, the Falleen caught up with him and clasped his shoulder.

“Don’t mind Ivor; he gets this way when he realizes we may be causing hysteria. It’s the equivalent of his excitement.”

Tanus shrugged. “How lovely, I have to work with a rock and a psycho. This day jusT keeps getting better.”

The Falleen smiled as he went to the head of the group with his other slicer friend. Leon caught Tanus at the end of the pack.

“You ready,” he asked; he was noticeably anxious.

“As I’ll ever be. And don’t worry we’ll be fine. Just as long as we duck…”

Leon chuckled a little as they came to the hangar bay doors. The opened with a hiss of hydraulics and they stepped onto the pristine silver floor. The dock officer came up to the group and Leon handed him the holodocs. The officer nodded and opened a comlink, and within a few seconds, their shuttle came into view. It wasn’t new by any standards, but it would do. The group boarded in silence and separated into various seats. Tanus took a seat in the back and closed his eyes as the shuttle launched into the sky.

OOC:
OK, as I said, its an eight hour flight. Do what you'd like but keep it reasonable :P. After everyone posts at least once, I'll do a briefing post and we'll roll from there.

|DARK DRAGOONS|

Nu kyr'adyc, taab'echaaj'la:
Not gone, merely, marching far away.
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  119
January 25, 2008 3:56:04 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates climbed onto the shuttle, swinging around his bag. It clumped his SL on the back, who turned with a slight look of annoyance.

"Soooo sorry, sarge." Gates said, all smiles. "This is just like R&R. No dumbass rebels trying to shoot us, just us on a nice relaxing trip to trash the NR stock market."

The young non-com started whistling (badly), as the seven men walked to the shuttle. He climbed the stairs, into the passengers' cabin. There, he threw his bag onto a seat, claiming it as his.

He started exploring the shuttle, walking the entire ship's length, checking for refreshers, hidden things, etc. He finally sat down into his chair with suitable non-military fashion.

"Ya already look like a civilian." said the Falleen, falling into his seat with similar gusto. "Feels good to not have to stand straight up all the time."

"Huh." the man said, lacking some of his natural good-naturedness. He wasn't that great with people outside of his squad. Nevertheless, he generally tried harder. "Yeah, just kinda tired."

He yawned, but didn't feel like going back to sleep for a while.
So he pulled out a couple decks of cards, saying, "Anyone up for a game?"

Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  222
January 25, 2008 4:14:37 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos walked onto the shuttle throwing his bag up in the rack and sat down on on of the small seats. He watched as Garryll disappeared into one of the small, cramped rooms aboard the shuttle. After a couple of minutes of watching him doing this Orobos leaned back in the chair which creaked under his weight.

He eyed the technicians who were sitting unnaturally still in their chairs staring at nothing in-paticular. Orobos shifted slightly another loud creak emitting from his chair as he did so. Garyll walked into the room and sat down. One of the technicians sliding up beside him and chatting idly to him.

Tanus was sitting next to Leon who was talking to the second technician. Orobos started to doze off when Garryll whipped a deck of cards out of nowwhere saying,

"Anyone up for a game?"

Orobos waved his hand declining the offer and rolled his head so his chin was now resting on his chest his arms crossed in front o him.

Orobos woke a creak in his neck. There was a slow rumbling sound coming from the engines. He stood up walking over to the group gathered around a small table cluttered with cigarettes, cards and bits of paper.

"Whatever happened to no smoking on flights?" Orobos saked pointing to the cigarette,

The others shrugged and continued with their game. Orobos sat down and waited. He joined in the game when the next round started.

"So how long has it been since we left the planet?"

"Around two hours," the technician said,

"This flight's gonna take forever,"
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  121
February 6, 2008 6:49:07 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates scooted over a bit to let his larger friend into the cards game.

Maybe it was just him, but the techs were some of the worst cards players in the history of the empire. He chuckled softly, being over fifty credits up.

He started humming, a favorite from the achademy.

"Napalm sticks to rebel scum, doodah, doodah,
Napalm sticks to rebel scum, doodahdah day.
Watch 'em scream and burn!
Watch 'em scream and burn!
Napalm sticks to rebel scum, dooda doda day..."

He repeated this endlessly, humming along when one of the techs got pissed.

He, along with his fellow storm trooper, took a bit more money from the tech duo.

Gates, finally feeling a bit sorry for the two men, dropped out, saying, "I'm out. Anyone mind if I smoke?"

A chorus of 'nos' was his response. He lit up a cigarette, then puffed once or twice, while checking his datapad for messages and the like. Mako had gotten him hooked, and, sure enough, there were a half-dozen messages; a reply from the logistics that they'd tell him if they got any blast cannons and to stop asking, dammit. Another, from Mako, asking where in hell there were going. One from his girlfriend, similar, with less cussing and more wondering when he'd get back. A few old issues of a magazine, some spam and shit.

He turned the device off, sticking it back in his bag. He pulled out a Mynock silent slugthrower pistol, checking that it was still in tip-top order; he did the same with his small virbo-blade.

One of the techies shivered. Garryll noted it. "Remember," the young non-com said, "My job is keeping you guys alive."

Then he put his weaponry away, and put his feet up to reminisce about something, he was sure.

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited February 12, 2008 5:07:54 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  228
February 11, 2008 3:31:11 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
They sat around the table playing cards which was becoming increasingly dull. It was around the fifty-fifth game when the speakers in the passenger area crackled to life.

Funny how we always look at the speakers no matter who's on them

Orobos thought this as everyone stared at the small black box from which the pilot was speaking.

"We'll be arriving on the surface of the planet in less then half an hour."

There was a sudden rummaging as everyone pulled down their bags to do a last minute check on all their equipment. Orobos stood and pulled down his bag. He took his seat again unzipping the bag. He took out a knife. The handle was wooden. The cover was a flexible material which would conceal it's contents from most simple scanners and items for detecting weapons.

The blade of the knife was about half a foot long. He slid it into the casing and strapped it to the back of his right leg. He made sure his hair covered the straps and case.

Next Orobos took out his DC-17 pistol and made sure it was loaded and cleaned. He put it into a small compartment he'd cut out on the inside of his belt. It held the pistol itself and two spare ammunition clips. The Compartment for the pistol was coated in the same material as the knife as to avoid detection.

He put the belt on. He didn't need to check the rest of the bag. It was filled with random items and a jumble of stuff any security personnel would expect to find in a civilians bag. The speakers crackled again. They all looked at them again.

"We're coming in on top of the landing zone there will be turbulence so stay seated."

Ignoring everything the pilot had just said Leon stood up.

"Right we're going to do this quietly. Just follow me and the technicians. If anything happens.... you guys know the drill."

He sat back down again. Orobos looked around at the rest of the squad. They looked a bit uneasy. There was a whirring of gears from underneath the floor as the landing gear was deployed followed by a thud as they touched down.They all stood up and stacked up around the ramp.

Orobos heard the flip of the switch and the ramp started to descend.

It opened up onto a scene of organised chaos. There were technicians and security personnel running towards the ship. The Technicians hooked up all sort of pipes and wires to the hull while the security men moved around the hull with small detectors and other items.

All around them was the noise of an overcrowded city. Ships flew overhead and came in to land on the small zones marked out for them. More personnel ran towards them. Civilians ran around and shouted. The mission suddenly seamed a lot more difficult then it had sounded in the briefing.
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  187
February 12, 2008 4:41:00 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus settled in the back of the shuttle; eight hours was a long time to spend in space, and given what their was, Tanus wished it’d be shorter so they could get in and get out, regardless of what was going on. Leon sat down across from him, and started to close his eyes when both Karken and Ivor walked in laid their bags down. Ivor leaned forward and nudged Tanus to being fully awake.

“I’m sorry to disturb you, but we should probably go over the mission procedure now.”

Tanus just gave him a threatening dead stare.

“We haven’t even taken off yet, we have eight bloody hours, and you want to go over mission breakdown now? Do me a favor, Ivor, and stow it before you get put out in the void.”

Leon just started laughing to himself, as did Karken. Ivor sat back in dismay. Tanus would have been sorry otherwise, but he wanted to rest for a bit before any more talk of the mission was to be spoken of. Too much was at stake for to screw something up based on temper. Tanus closed his eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

4 HOURS LATER

Tanus awoke to the sound of faint music. Leon had his music player on, and was in a total state of otherworldliness. Tanus rubbed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. He looked around and saw that Karken and Ivor were looking over some data pad specs when Karken looked over to see Tanus staring at the pair.

“Oh, you’re awake. A tad bit more hospitable, I hope.”

Tanus stretched in his chair and cracked his neck, feeling instant relief as he heard a satisfying crack going from his neck to his spine.

“Yes, slightly, but still not by much. Now if you want, we can go over those procedures. Hopefully this won’t be taking long. I’ll call the men down here.”

Tanus got up and walked down the aisle, seeing the three remaining Dragoons playing a game of cards. Tanus tapped both Urakai and Garryl on the shoulders.

“Hey, come back here, we’re going over breakdown.”

The three of them got up and moved back to the shuttle where Karken withdrew a small holoprojector from his pocket and activated it.

“This is the place. This is the New Republic Stock Exchange. It’s located in the center of the city, and is literally crawling with personnel. Basically, its one big treasure chest. Now this is what is going to happen: we’re going to go in as technicians, as I said earlier, start sifting through data, grab what we can on stocks, numbers and the like. This is just a preliminary step to what we’re actually going to do. After the exchange closes down for the night, we’re going to move in and set up some things that the New Republic doesn’t necessarily need, such as a panic. What you five are going to do is act as lookouts and set up an escape route. When it’s done, it’ll be smooth sailing from there.”

Tanus looked at the building: if he’d wanted to, he could bring the entire thing down, piece by piece. But that wasn’t his mission, and that wasn’t his problem; not now at any rate. Leon was the next one to speak.

“OK, now we’re going to divide into groups. Now I know it’ll end up being for an uneven number, but with Orobos here, we’ll just consider it six.”

Tanus heard Orobos let out a snort; Leon just smiled and continued.

“OK, Tanus, Urakai and Garryl are going to go in during the day and set up some escape routes and cut some security measures out of the picture: thermal scanners, security-cams, and the like. When that’s done and their shift ends, Orobos and I will move in and watch out for the slicers while they do what they’ve been asked to. When we’re done, Tanus and the others will have a speeder ready to take us back to the shuttle and off-planet. By the time we’re home, the New Republic won’t know what hit them. And I think that about covers it. We have four more hours; get some rest. Dismissed.”

The three other Dragoons got up and went back to their seats, all of them getting ready for some sleep. Tanus thought he would go back to sleep, but he wasn’t tired; not now at any rate. He sat back and took out a book, opened it up and started reading. He would have like something else to calm his nerves, but he decided that this would have to do.

4 HOURS LATER

Tanus felt a lurch as the ship landed in a docking terminal. He started putting his book away as he heard the hiss of the hydraulic ramp lowering and a slight thud as it hit the duracrete ground. Tanus grabbed his duffel and slung it over his shoulder as the Dark Dragoons made their way out of the shuttle into a horde of technicians and security forces scurrying to and from places all over the hangar. Tanus smiled inwardly.

Oh, I’m going to enjoy this.

|DARK DRAGOONS|

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in one rush. I don't give a damn. None shall Pass!"
                          -Ganner Rhysode
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  160
February 13, 2008 8:37:27 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
OOC: Ok guys I know I am a little bit late but Tanus said I could go ahead and post. So here it goes my first real post as a member of the Dark Dragoons...

IC: Alhzen sat near the front of the shuttle along with Tank the other graduate from Dreshda. Well this really sucks. As soon as we graduate from rigourous training we are imediatelly placed into a squad and sent on a mission. he thought with a sigh and looked at everyone else in the squad 2 Humans and a Whipid.Not even a single female in this squad. Oh well atleast I don't have to deal with a mad woman. Saphira always scared me... he thought and remembered his tough squad leader.

Alhzen turned around a few things he didn't have any time to unpack so all of his possesions were with him on the shuttle. He pulled out a half circle with a load of wires and a datapad inside of it and pulled out a small hydrospanner and a fuson cutter and began melting a few things together, connecting wires and twisting bolts. He had began working on a small robot before he finished training. Alhzen always wanted his own robot, something to help fix and build different items. He accidentally put the fusion cutter a little to close to his hand and nearly burnt it quite badly burnt luckily he noticed and pulled it away in the nick of time.

4 HOURS LATER

He zapped a few things and twisted nobs until finally he had a good chunk of the robot finished. This time it looked almost like a complete cirle with arms. Most of the wiring was inside of the bot this time and for an extra touch Alhzen even added a small laser to his semi-finished robot. He loaded back all of the things into his bag and sighed. "Good...good...good." he said and pulled a small booklet out explaining different parts and equipment and began reading.

After a while he started to hear the 2 men who seemed to be in charge speak about the mission. Ok seems easy enough to me all we do it stand guard and find an escape route. I am glad this isn't going to be something with a ton of blaster fire flying in both directions and explosions going off. Well that would be fun but this is my first mission so I wouldn't want anything to get out of hand. he thought to himself as he put his book away into his pack moved it infront of him and rested his feet upon it and slowly drifted off to sleep...

4 HOURS LATER

After being jerked suddenly awake by the landing of the shuttle Alhzen grabbed his pack full of things with a sigh and checked over everything. He got up from his chair and streched. He yawned and slung his pack onto his shoulder. As soon as the shuttle doors opened he walked outside and noticed many people hustling and bustling around. "Just great..." he said to himself and shook his head.Well that is good, there are so many people here which will make the mission in some ways harder becuase more people would see them. But also somewhat easier because it would be simple to blend into the crowds. he thought and scratched the side of his head.

Alhzen didn't think that anyone noticed him the entire shuddle ride so he turned to the nearest man and decided to introduce himself to his new squadmates. "Hey there, I'm Alhzen one of the newest members of the squad." he said and extended his hand. He was kind of nervous of whether people were nice or always ready to shout at you like the drill instructors were in training.

TRN/PVT Alzhen/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Alhzen (edited February 13, 2008 9:16:48 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Alhzen (edited February 14, 2008 7:18:23 AM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  127
February 14, 2008 6:38:00 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The new storm trooper, fresh out of boot camp, was walking next to Gates as they walked out of the shuttle.

"Hey there, I'm Alhzen one of the newest members of the squad." the younger man said, extending his hand, looking somewhat nervous.

"Garryll Gates." the friendly non-com took the new recruit's outstetched hand, shaking it. "Just out of basic?"

"Yeah, those seargeants are always looking to bite something off."

"Don't worry, sargeants are a hell of a lot better in the corps. Take Leon for example." Gates tapped his SL on the shoulder, stirring his CO from sleep.

"Whazzat? We under attack, Gates?"

"No, sarge," Gates said, laughingly. "Just giving an example to the stormtrooper here that not all seargeants are insane or tough." He turned back to the private. "Leon's allright. Actually, he's a real good SL. Used to let me an' Mako get away with everything."

"Mako?" asked the soldier hesitantly.

"Friend of mine, WIA," Gates responded. "Yuka, last big op. Hell, we were on patrol when one of our guys got KIA. Insane planet, worse that friggin' Hoth. Well, anyway; so Mako and Me and Leon are on patrol when we get attacked by this crazy-ass bird thing. Mako torches it and then decides he's gonna take it home, right? So this 50 kilo piece of shit is stinkin' p a storm when Leon tells Mako to leave it. he removes the head and scares Orobos out of his suit when we got back to base!"

"I heard that!" said the larger stormie.

"Oop, checkpoint! Don't say anything inscriminating, now. We can share some more war stories later, good luck, private!"

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited February 15, 2008 6:07:37 PM)]
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  35
February 15, 2008 8:49:11 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
“Interesting.” Said Alhzen as Garryll finished his story.

“Oop, checkpoint! Don’t say anything incriminating, now. We can share some more war stories later, good luck, private.” said Garryll.

“Ok, and good luck to you to sir!” said Alhzen.

The group continued on walking past many, many people and other things they were headed towards the entrance of the hanger and closer to their mission.

So this is what a real mission is like, even though it isn’t a tough one it is harder than training. If I messed up there I could just retry but here if I screw up it might cost me and the rest of my squad their lives. He thought and adjusted the pack on his shoulder. This thing gets heavier by the second... he thought to himself and sighed.

Oh how I wish I could get in there and wet my throat with something different than this water…] Alhzen thought and took a swig of the metallic tasting water from a bottle. He made a sour face as the liquid went down his throat.

Note to self: Bring something better to drink when you are on missions. He thought and threw the rest of it out in a nearby trash bin. Pretty much no one in the squad was talking as they made their way closer to the New Republic Stock Exchange.

When they reached the exit of the Hangar the squad stopped the SL and ASL were probably showing some credentials to the men at the exit of the hangar. Alhzen sighed and ran his fingers through his hair as the group waited for the men to give the O.K. so they could continue on towards the center of the city.
TRP/PFC Alhzen/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  236
February 16, 2008 4:16:29 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos stepped forward showing his ID he had received before they left stating he was a Republic Technician. A few men waved hand held scanners in front of him.

"Sorry sir," one of them said holding out a hand for him to stop, "Could I just see what you have there?" he said pointing to one of the pouches in his belt.

Orobos reached down pulling out a map folded up and stuffed into the pouch. The guard took a quick look at it and waved him through. Orobos shoved the paper back into his belt sighing.He walked over to were Leon and Tanus were and waited as the rest of the squad was cleared.

Once of the rest of the squad moved up to them and the two technicians accompanying them they moved on down the crowded hall.

"What now?" Orobos asked,

"Well now we let them know we've arrived," one of the technicians replied.

They walked on until they reached a small desk Leon Tanus and the technicians moved up to the desk showing ID. The rest of the squad stayed back out of earshot.

"Hey," Orobos said nodding to Alzhen. He seemed to be getting on well with Garyll.Orobos looked over at TX-47. He hadn't said anything since they got on the shuttle.

"Hey," Alzhen replied with the same nervous grin he'd worn when talking with Garyll.

This is a nice an-easy first mission for you enjoy it. From here on out," Orobos said pointing off into the distance," It'll be screaming jumping of un-imaginable heights, gunfire and more screaming."

"C'mon, there isn't any jumping off un-imaginable heights, don't be ridiculas," Garyll replied.

"Alright C'mon guys," Tanus said walking over, "We're going off to our assigned quarters," he said then walked off after Leon and the technicians.

The rest of the squad gathered themselves up and followed him.
-Terry Prachet

TRP/CPL_Orobos/2 SQD/1 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/[BoH][CoR]
^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  36
February 16, 2008 7:40:28 AM    View the profile of Alhzen 
Alhzen smiled at the conversation at the end of the conversation."I am ok with gunfire and everything but I am not a fan of jumping from  high places, I really hate heights." he said.

"Well we haven't jumped from anything high yet but it may be happening in the future." replied Orobos.

"Are you being serious?" asked Alhzen.

"Maybe, maybe not depends on the situation we are in." said Orobos.

Alhzen tried to get another word in the conversation but they soon were in another large crowd walking around so he didn't want to say anything suspicous. He probably wouldn't of even heard it over all the other people talking. He then accidentally bumped into a tall Wookie and quickly apologized. "I have learnt to never have something bigger than you get angry at you..." he said quitely and sighed.

Everyone seems quite nice in the squad, definetely better than training. he thought and looked at Tank who had become a good friend to in training but now he hadn't said a single word during the entire shuttle ride and now.

"Hey Tank, whats up man you haven't said a thing since we got on the shuttle?" asked Alhzen as he walked beside Tank.

"Hey Al, ya sorry about that just didn't think like talking was such a good thing on a mission." Tank replied.

"Well ya that does make sense I guess, we'll talk more once we get our quarters." said Alhzen.

The group continued walking until they reached a large building which was probably where all of the sleeping quarters were. "Hmmm..." said Alhzen as he looked at the building. "That is pretty big..." he said and sighed.

Once they were inside everyone went off to find their rooms. Alhzen looked at the card which had a number on it "392" he went about looking for it and eventually found it the room was at the end of a hallway everyone else had rooms along the hallway. "Good atleast we won't be split up... it would be easy to get lost in this place." he said and entered his room.

He threw himself and his bag of things onto the bed their. He unzipped his bag and pulled out 2 small weapons. "Now to find a place to hide them..." he said to himself. He was able to slip the small vibroknife in a pocket on the sleeve of his outfit. Alhzen looked at the blaster pistol he made in training and sighed. He slipped the pistol into a pocket inside of the jacket he was wearing. "Good enough..." he said and laid down on the bed.
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  241
February 17, 2008 4:28:44 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos stared at the door in front of him with the numbers 402 stamped on it with white paint. The dark, grey paint on the door partly worn away from constant opening and closing. Orobos stared down at the keycard in his hand which had 402 stamped on it as well with gold paint.

Orobos looked back at the door. There didn't seem to be any opening for the keycard. He started to search the door. Trying to slip the keycard into any crack he found.

Orobos looked to his left. The rest of the squad was standing there all of them with big grins splashed across their faces.

"Anyone laughs and they're a dead man," Orobos said still searching for where the keycard was supposed to go.

They all burst out laughing at his pathetic attempts to use modern technology. Finally Garyll walked over took the keycard from him and put it up to what appeared to be a hole with glass in it for looking out into the hallway. A small beam of red light shot out scanned the card. There was a click and a hiss and the door slid back to reveal a moderately sized room.

"Why does everything have to be so complicated," Orobos mumbled as Garyll chuckled.

After a minute He emerged again with his bags stowed away. He had his pistol and knife as well hidden from view. He walked over to the rest of the squad who were talking with the technicians.

"What's happening?" Orobos asked as he reached them.

They all looked around to make sure no one was listening in. Apart from a small droid cleaning the floors down the end of the hall there was no one else there apart from them.

"Well we're going to our assigned positions and start our work," one of the technicians replied.

"Remember you guys are trainees, that's why you won't be doing anything accept watching."

"Ok let's go."
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  130
February 17, 2008 7:31:14 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The three stormtrooper non-coms walked out of the apartment, with the two new stormtroopers tagging along.

"So, escape routes, elimination of security, and so on? Easy. Nothin' like Yuka." Gates shivered. He hated ice. "'Investigate this mine' they said. Did they have any damn clue there were a friggin' battalion of troops with armor and about a million spiders?!"

Tanus and Urakai looked equally sober.

"Hey, but no worries, this is a milkrun!" he said, drawing a smile from the others.

They walked through the city, finally coming up on a market place. "Busy, busy, busy!" he muttered.

"There's the NRSE building." pointed out Urakai to a large, uniform building, that said, 'NEW REPUBLIC STOCK EXCHANGE'

"Good eye, my friend. Might as well split up, this place is huge!"

Tanus agreed. "Might as well."

"I'm going to try to find a decent escape route, then I'll try to find a good cover position. We might need it if we get caught up."

"Set comlinks to standard freq." Tanus said in exit.

Gates waved and disappeared into the crowd.

-----------A half-hour later---------
Gates had walked all the way around the building, and he'd found a trio of good exit points; one was a window that faced a street; right across the street there was a grimy alley. There was also a decent sniper spot halfway up a degrading building, and room back there for a speeder or two.

The second led right to the market place, and he'd observed a dozen cantinas and other night attractions, so it'd be busy, with plenty of cover for the stormtroopers.

The last led to the top of an office building, which was crushed between the NRSE building and their apartments. Gates wondered if they could fit an airspeeder on the roof.

With three possible exits located, he had enough for one of the stormies to cover each, with Leon and Orobos and the techs with enough muscle to break in.

He was walking down the alley once more when three men jumped out from behind him. "Who're you?" asked the left one. "He looks like a stormtrooper. See his walk?" said the other.

Gates stared blankly. "Huh?"

"Are you a stormtrooper? Heh?" asked the left one. he stood straighter, and pulled a patch from his shirt pocket, and handed it to Gates proudly.

He looked at it. 182nd stormtrooper legion. "I was a stormtrooper too!" two men said, seemingly in a frenzy.

"Ok, then. I'll be on my way..." Gates slowly backed away.

"No, hold it. You're planning an op, aren't you," the third man said. "Used to be ISB til  I got drummed out for 'incompetence.' You're looking for cover positions, ain't you!"

That was it. If this old man blew it, they'd not get another chance. He pulled out his pistol. "Whoa, sunny. Don't get me wrong, I can help you!" He scurried back to the pile of trash from whence they came, and pulled out three boxes.

"Whisper subsonic slugthrowers," the man said. "Quiet, deadly, and range, too. You'll want these. And don't worry, they work."

Gates popped the boxes open. There were indeed a series of rifles, disassembled. "Nice. What do you want for 'em?"

"Nothing. Always glad to help the Empire." the old men went back to their hidey-holes.

Gates put one one of the boxes in his pack, the others hed picked up by the handles, and he quickly walked back to the apartment, shaking his head in amazement.

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited February 18, 2008 1:59:17 PM)]
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  42
February 17, 2008 8:19:37 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
Alhzen sighed as he looked at the massive New Republic Stock Exchange building. I sometimes really wish I hadn't lost that bet everything is so complicated now... he thought recalling to the time back home in one of his favorite cantinas.

Well at least I have money now the empire pays a lot more than they did when I was fixing people's broken droids. he thought and jumped a little bit as the knife inside of his pocket almost fell out. "Whew that was close." he said quietly and adjusted it.

While he was leaning against the side of a building he saw Garryll walk off into the crowd. Must be going to find some exits and spots for recon or more of those army things. I probably should of paid more attention in training. he thought with a sigh.

Alhzen rubbed his eyes the effects of not getting any sleep were catching up to him. "Maybe I should of slept a bit more on the shuttle, I didn't get any sleep before I was put into the DD." he said to himself and yawned loudly.

Since no one in the squad was really doing anything well except for Garryll. Alhzen went to a nearby shop which was selling a few interesting trinkets. He popped inside of the building and looked around. There were many little things inside the shop from rope to calculators to even fruits.

He looked to one of the corners in the shop and saw a sign that read "Fun Things" in red letters. "Hmm." he said and looked and scanned the racks full of things.

He picked up a small bag of round metallic balls and read the label "Sparkle Spheres" he smiled at the name and turned it to the back which explained how to use them. "Just throw them on the floor and watch the sparks fly!" was what it said. "Fun,fun,fun...these things could come in handy." he said and put them in his left hand.

Alhzen eventually finished and went to the counter where the cashier a stocky Rodian checked the items for prices. "The total comes to 92 credits." said the Rodian in a rough galactic basic. Alhzen dug into his pocket and pulled out 100 credits and left them on the counter. "Keep the change." he said as he walked out of the shop.

When he got back to the rest of his squad Tank approached him. "Where did ya go?" he asked.

"Oh I just went to pick up some things." Alhzen said and showed him the bag which had the Sparkle Spheres, a small rope and a few bottles of water.

"I see." said Tank "Well lets talk again later." he said and walked back off.

Alhzen leaned up against a pole and placed the items he bought into different pockets. Well except one of the water bottles which he opened and drank out of. "Much better than the stuff I had with me earlier." he said somewhat refreshed.
TX-47
ComNet Novice

TX-47

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  621
February 18, 2008 10:35:57 AM    View the profile of TX-47 
OOC:
*Prior to deployment with the Dark Dragoons*

Tank regrets having to leave the vehicles till he returns from his first field mission.  Still, he has work to do.  First he upgrade s R5-X7, then the MSE-6. Using his Astromech as a Workbech, he creates 5 Field Survival Pistols, upgrading them with Accuracy Scope Mark I, Basic Rylith Power Cell and Amplifying Chamber Mark I.  He gives his CDEF & DC-15s Blaster Pistols the same upgrades.  He equips the R5 & EG-6 with 2 Field Survival Pistols each, equiping the last to the MSE-6.

Tank takes the remaining components, places his own blasters into the R5's internal cargo area, sorting the components on top to conceal them.  On sensor scans the blasters should be indistinguishable from the asortment of components, if anything shows up at all...

OOC:
***I've been cattle-prodded to post more so here goes***
I only just found this this thread; it'll be a while for me to catch up...
Private First Class Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/PFC TX-47/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
TRN/PVT TX-47/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.playlist.com/node/6984794
http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
http://ossus_moon.tripod.com/
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  243
February 18, 2008 1:28:24 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos took a swig from his canteen and slipped the catches back on his belt. He looked around over the heads of the crowd. He saw Tanus and Urakai walking past one of the stalls and around a corner. Alzhen and TX-47 stood chatting. He walked over to them.

"Have you guys seen where the others have gone?"

"Dunno, they were here a second ago."

"Ok,"

Orobos looked back over to where Tanus and Urakai had gone and watched as they walked back around the corner. He looked around again spotting familiar faces amongst the crowd. He flicked on his radio.

"Garryll where are you? I can't see you."

"I'm almost back at the rooms," he said. His voice sounded strained.

"What are you doing there? Are you ok?"

"Yeah you wouldn't believe what I got of this guy. Gave them to me because of the way I walked."

"What? What is it."

"I'm going to hide them somewhere. They're Whisper subsonic slugthrowers."

"I thought this was supposed to be a covert operation?"

"Yeah but you never know if we might need them."

"You've got a point there."

"What are you guys ranting on about," Tanus's voice cut across them.

"I'll tell you when I get back," Garryll said.

Orobos turned around to Alzhen and TX-47. And motioned for them to come over. "We better get to securing some escape points."

"Right," they replied then turned and walked off in the opposite direction near the spot where they'd come in.

Orobos walked through the rabble and angry hagglers at the stalls. He was walking by one stall with a large bearded man shouting out deals. He walked out from under the shade of his stall and waved some papers in Orobos's face.

"30 credits," he said smiling.

"No I don't want them,"

"Finest, nice piece of land."

"No just go back to your stall Orobos said pushing the man out of the way but this wasn't going to deter him from trying to sell his items. He pushed the papers into Orobos's hands pointing frantically at the picture.

Orobos stuffed the papers into the mans hands knocking him off his feet at the same time. He landed several feet rolling over and running back to his stall. The crowds around his stall went quiet but as he turned and walked away they went back to their trading and shouting.

Orobos walked past a barren wall which had a small escape sign written in several languages. He pushed the door open and looked down a small stairwell which seemed to lead to a basement. He walked down the stairs which did lead to a basement but there were several doors which led out into the side alley. He flipped on the Radio.

"There's an escape route which leads down to a set of doors into the alley. It's located on the east side of the NRSE building on the floor we came in on.
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited February 18, 2008 1:29:21 PM)]
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  50
February 18, 2008 2:03:20 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
Alhzen looked at the damp basement and knocked on one of the walls. "Doesn't seem all to sturdy...I mean what if we get followed in to here and they shoot or throw a grenade it would send this old piece of junk crashing to the ground with us maybe inside of it." he said and scratched his head.

"Well that might happen but we are probably gonna lose them before we get here." said Tank.

"Ya but there still is a chance." said Alhzen as he kicked a broken bottle.

Alhzen turned towards Orobos "So what did Garryll have to say to you?" he asked as he leaned against the wall.

"He was saying some old guy gave him a set of Whisper Subsonic Slugthrowers." said Orobos.

"Woah those are some pretty powerful guns that he got there." Alhzen said and kicked the side of the wall sending dust everywhere. Those could take out quite a few things, haven't shot one yet but ooh it would be fun to fix up those things. he thought with a grin.

"So do you like this better than training?" Tank asked Alhzen as he put his hand on the wall.

"Of course, this is 20 times better than having a drill sergeant screaming in your ear. Saphira always scared me." said Alhzen which made Tank smile. "So how 'bout you?" he asked.

"Well ya, I have to agree with you." said Tank as he let out a sigh.

Alhzen bent down and scratched the side of his leg and pulled his water out of a pocket and took a sip. There thats better than tasting the dust in my mouth. he thought as he put the water back into a pocket.
TX-47
ComNet Novice

TX-47

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  621
February 18, 2008 2:57:12 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
"Al, you still have those chemical packets & components I gave you?"

"Yeah"

"Good.  We'll make some mines arm them at the bottom of the stairs, after we're all through.  Anyone following us will set them off, taking out the stairs; noone would reach the tunnel to chuck a grenade in!  If we're really lucky the entrance will be hidden by debris!"

With an evil smile shared, they get to work...

"In Saphira's defense, she did it all to toughen us up for this.  She did a damn good job, too.  The fresh meat don't know [yet] to thank their lucky stars they have her." Tank muses as he finishes a Sonic Mine.

"I suppose.  Man, did we ever take a lot of Bruises though" Al adds with a wry grin, finishing the Frag Mine he made...

Tank calls it in "Oro, we have a clear path ready and waiting."
Private First Class Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/PFC TX-47/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
TRN/PVT TX-47/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.playlist.com/node/6984794
http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
http://ossus_moon.tripod.com/
[This message has been edited by TX-47 (edited February 18, 2008 2:59:20 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  244
February 18, 2008 3:25:42 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos stood out in the alley. There was crowds of people at one end and the other end lead to an out of the way pedestrian path with little activity on it. There was a Dumpster and the usual rubbish littering the ground which you would expect to find in a back alley.

"Oro, we have a clear path ready and waiting." he heard Tank say. Apparently that was his nickname and so Orobos started calling him that.

Orobos flipped on the radio. "What do you mean?"

"Come in and have a look."

Orobos walked back into the basement. As the door shut behind him a fresh cloud of dust enveloped them. He coughed and moved quickly over to where the two of them were huddled around the bottom of the stairs leading down into the basement.

"What are you two doing at the bottom of....."

Orobos stopped mid sentence staring at the mines they were setting at the bottom of the stairs. They had a couple of them. Quickly made a bit crude but would do a lot of damage.

"How the hell did you smuggle those things in here?"

"We just made them now."

"In the 15 minutes I've been outside?" Orobos ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at them again. "What for?"

"If we try to get away."

"So we're going to kill ourselves?"

"No we can set them off and it should block up the doorway. Look at this basement it's ready to fall apart."

"I suppose your right," Orobos sighed, "Just don't let anyone see you and when you're done make sure they're hidden."

Orobos walked back out into the alleyway. He turned his radio back on tuning into the frequency.

"Tank and Alzhen have mines set at the bottom of the escape route on the east side of the complex."

"We're not trying to kill ourselves Orobos."
-Terry Prachet

^CombatEngineer^
Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited February 18, 2008 3:26:22 PM)]
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  51
February 18, 2008 3:46:43 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
Alhzen smiled as he finished his mine when Orobos came down. He had listened to the conversation Tank and Orobos had between each other but didn't really pay attention until the end.

"Just don't let anyone see you and when you're done make sure they're hidden." said Orobos and the end of the conversation.

"Ok we will find some stuff to cover the mines with." he said.Ooh this will be fun when one of our enemies walks past this and...boom. thought Alhzen with a smile. "I don't know why but whenever I make something I get a feeling of accomplishment, especially if it will help take out enemies of the Empire." he said and got up shaking the dust off of himself.

Alhzen scoured around the room looking for something to hide the mine with and  eventually turned to see a ripped up old blanket. He went over picked it up and placed it on top of the mine he made. Then he looked over to Tank who had his covered with a pile of dust.

"Well we make a pretty good team, don't we Tank." said Alhzen as he opened his water again and took a sip.

"Thats right Al, I am quite happy they put us in the same squad." said Tank as he scratched his forehead.

Alhzen leaned against the wall and cracked his knuckles "So why do you suppose the Empire wants us to take put the stock exchange building?" he asked while pulling out his water and taking a sip.

"I dunno probably to take out some of their financial support and things." replied Tank as he let out a sigh.

"Ya thats probably right, come on lets get back to Orobos." said Alhzen as he walked out into the alleyway quickly followed by Tank.
Alater
ComNet Member

Alater

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  397
Total Posts:  614
February 18, 2008 4:59:00 PM    View the profile of Alater 
Alater eyed the document in his hand with a moderate bit of restraint. Rizzit had trusted him with carrying this out and a new position in his old squad, the Dark Dragoons, but the profile of the mission didn't exactly fit in with the majority of his training, and only his recent experience in Special Forces prepared him for this. His usual atire of standard military grade black pants that could be gotten from just about anywhere and a lack of shirt all fit in with his midnight black duffel.

The people around him in the city eyed the barabel with barely restrained fear or complete indifference. Barabels were not completely uncommon in populated worlds, usually shockboxers or bounty hunters, but Alater was atleast a foot taller than most barabels and considerably larger. The large scars that covered much of his upper torso did little to change people's opinions. Barabels had a long history of being large, angry, and violent creatures with limited intelligence which was quite far from the truth. The average barabel is smarter than most, and generally have a good hold on their anger, but the cultural gaps often lead to quick and seemingly meenless fights.

The hotel was conviently placed next to their mission objective, one towering over the other. Alater grinned a toothy grin and found the nearest turbolift, noting escape routes as he went along. Urban warfare was a completely different set of tactics than simple hit-runs or brute force attacks. Swift action, correct guidance, and excelent leadership was demanded. One wrong turn or call could end up with your whole squad in a dead end. Literally.

Alater turned down the hall and caught the familar scent of a few old squadmates. Turning to the second to last door on the right, Alater knocked on the door. A small crash followed by a few choice curses and a scuffle towards the door responded. The door creaked open and Alater found himself staring down the barrel of a small hand pistol.

"Woah now Tanus, don't get ahead of yourself." Alater rumbled, yellow eyes following the barrel and his old squadmate's body posture. Tanus was a man of great martial skill but had obviously evolved into a leader since their last meet.

"Who are yo...Alater?!" Tanus exclaimed. "I didn't recognise you with all those huge scars. What the hell happened to you? Come in come in, we're making a scene." Tanus said, poking a head out into the hallway as he receded into the small hotel room.

Alater entered and took a bit of a look around. Some of the furniture had obviously been moved, a round mat of some kind placed into a corner of the room. Tanus flopped down in a chair and nodded for Alater to do the same. Alater sat down precariously in the small chair and pulled out one of his cigars.

"Do you mind?" He asked, putting the peice into his mouth.

"By all means." Tanus replied, lighting it himself. "So, what brings you to our corner of the galaxy in the middle of a mission?" He asked.

"This message. It's an official document and orders from General Rizzit. It's been sent by me to you, he even pulled me off a special asignement for this." Alater said, handing over the manila folder. Paper, though old, was still Alater's prefered method of document carriage.

Tanus ripped open the folder and quickly read through the dosier. His eyebrows peeked as he looked from the paper to Alater. With a small sigh he set the papers down and looked on at the large barabel sitting infront of him.

"This is an, unexpected change. It says here that Leon has been called away on a 'special' assignment by General Rizzit himself and that I'm to take his place as Dark Dragoon's squad leader, with you as my assistant. This is definately unusual." Tanus said, straightening himself in his chair.

"Yes sir it is, but that's just how command wanted to play it. I suggest we call all the troops and give them their pertinent information. If I'm not mistaken we are to continue with the mission as planned." Alater said, handing Tanus his ComLink.

"Right." Tanus said, switching on the Com.

"All members return immediantly to Home. Repeat all members return immediantly to Home." Tanus barked into the Com, the preset code being used.

"Well, welcome back to DD buddy." Tanus said, still digesting the change.

OOC:
FYI This would meen come back to Tanus' room and if somebody gets to it before Tan Tan gets back you can go ahead and post a little briefing divulging this new information to the rest of the squad, that is if you do understand it all. If you have questions, AIM, Email, PM, or mIRC me.
TRP/SGT Alater Osted/4thSQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC]
Alhzen
ComNet Novice

Alhzen

Post Number:  52
February 18, 2008 5:33:36 PM    View the profile of Alhzen 
"All members return immediantly to Home. Repeat all members return immediantly to Home." is what Alhzen heard coing from the Comlink Orobos had in his hand. "Hmm wonder what it could be." said Alhzen as he scratched the side of his neck.

"Dunno, it is probably something important or else they wouldn't of called us back to the hotel." replied Orobos. "Come on we better get back." said the large Whipid and the group began walking back to the hotel.

While they were walking back towards the hotel Alhzen took his water and took a sip leaving practically nothing left in the bottle. He sighed as he put it away accidentally bumping into a blue and green Twi'lek. "Sorry." he quickly apologized and him, Tank and Orobos continued on towards the hotel.

After the group of 3 reached the hotel well Tanus' room to be specific everyone else in the squad was there. Soon enough Tanus stood up and informed everyone in the squad about what was happening.

"Well as I have just found out our current Squad Leader Leon has been ordered on a special mission by General Rizzit. I will be the new Squad Leader and the new Assitant Squad Leader is now Alater." said Tanus as he pointed at the very large Barabel.

Alhzen practically jumped out of his own boots when he saw Alater. "Woah..." he muttered to himself.That is one scary looking person... he thought with a sigh as he looked at the large black scaled Barabel.

Tank approached him soon after Tanus gave his little speech to the squad. "Strange, right when we get put into a squad the squad leader leaves." he said with a sigh.

"Ya I know, and did you see the new ASL." replied Alhzen. "One cold look from him would make someone drop dead." he said while he scratched his head.

Tank nodded at his comment "So, weren't you happy you brought those components with you?" he asked. "Otherwise we couldn't of set up those mines.

"Ya definetely was fun, but hopefully they work. It would really suck if they didn't explode and whatever was chasing us would get to us." said Alhzen as he pulled out his water bottle and took a sip finishing off the bottle. He threw it into a nearby garbage bin which was in the room.

Tank sighed and cracked his knuckles. "Well cya later." he said and walked off into a different part of the room.

"Ok." said Alhzen as he sat down in a nearby chair. Finally I got to sit down my legs were killing me... he thought with a sigh.
Garryll Gates
ComNet Initiate

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  133
February 18, 2008 7:10:45 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
-About the same time as Alhzen's post-

"All members return immediantly to Home. Repeat all members return immediantly to Home." Tanus' voice vaoice came over Gates' com.

"Shit." the non-com cursed. He still had the sniper rifles.

Eh, whatever. He just hauled them up the stairs. He was the last to arrive. "Sorry I'm late, Sarge." He said to Tanus's slightly annoyed look. "Was trying to hide these, but, ya know."

"Right. Whatever." said Tanus.

"Alright. Here's what I called you here for: Sergeant Leon's been given move orders by General Rizzit. He's going off-world, and Sergeant Alater has replaced me, as Assitant Squad Leader, while I act as squad leader. Alater has served with the Dragoons before, so show him some respect."

"Copy, sarge." Gates said. He looked over at the other sergeant. Scary. Lizardish - a barbel? "Nice scars, sir."

The other soldier smiled. Well, that's what Gates hoped, anyway.

"I've got three Whisper silent slugthrowers, got 'em off the street. Could be useful."

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Switch (Dark Dragoons)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:21:49 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 153  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >